A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:40 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Out on the Town, Bar Crawl Two: Electric Boogaloo
Two Claws, Jason, Rufus, Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

The trio talks with the Caslow brothers. When Leo asks about music, Micah laughs. "They're likely to have entertainment later tonight when the dinner crowds arrive." He says before taking another pull from his cup of beer. When Dexter asks about Jazz, the trio look a bit confused. "Nope can't say we've heard of that one. Mostly folk music and what some people call swamp rock around here." Micah says while slapping Mitch in the arm, who in turn slaps George, who gets up to get more beer.

Shortly afterwards the group is joined by Two Claws and three more men, dressed in a similar manner as Micah, Mitch, and George. (Descriptions below) They are shortly joined by Jason, Rufus and Matthew. The six brother quickly converse in a mishmash language known locally as Creole, only every eighth word is understood as English of some sort. Soon enough Matthew quiets them down.

"So Phil, who'd you find? and Micah, who are these guys?" He asks in a manner that reminds some of a military commander.

The six men quickly disseminate information to their boss, who turns to the Templar. "Small world I guess." He says with a chuckle.

"Well if you're interested, we were hired by a coalition of locals to deal with some manner of threat. It appears to be canine, but certainly doesn't act like one. It tends to attack loners and very small groups, ripping them to shreds with claws and teeth before eating the victims hearts." Matthew says firmly.

"The Caslow's have come up with some theories as to what it is, but until we catch the beast in the act, we'll not know." He concludes.

"I think it might be more than one, but I can only base it on how quickly a few of the attacks happened and the distance need to be covered. So either their is more than one or it's wicked fast." Scott Caslow says looking at the contents of his cup that George hands over.

"The pay isn't too great, a small collection of items and a waiver with the local Operators Guild. But the credit from the locals does go a bit farther than exposure, as some would say up north. You were saying you're working with that professor right? I'm sure if you guys help us bag this critter, the locals may be able to point your Professor in the right direction of something worth looking at." Matthew says looking at Jason.

Phil speaks up. "We could hook you up with some custom rifles and ammo for helping."

Caslow Brothers and Matthew Rogal
Matthew Rogal:Average height and build, with short white hair. A bionic left arm and a few scars on his face. Seems overly serious.
Scott Caslow: Tall, rail thin with short greying brown hair and a scraggly goatee. Quiet for the most part and always looking about, likely the oldest of the brothers.
Phil Caslow: Tall, overweight with a short blonde mohawk and a long goatee and wire framed glasses. Always seems to be chuckling at some joke that no one knows.
Micah Caslow: Tall, overweight with short brown mohawk and a muttonstache and wire framed glasses. Always smiling, likely half drunk as well.
Andrew Caslow: Short, with long blonde hair and a short full beard and wire framed glasses. Seems to always be paying attention to something else.
Mitchel Caslow: Average height, overweight mixed black male with a mess of curly hair and a scraggly beard with thick framed glasses. Tends to be quietly talking to George about all manner of weird things.
George Caslow: Tall, average build Arab male with short black hair and thick framed glasses. Tends to look like he's not paying a lick of attention, also seems like the youngest of the six.


Skills
All info is based off of what is told during this post:
Rufus:Lore: D-Bee (in case the perp is a D-bee): Possibility is there, but not unless they were considerably deranged.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (in case the perp is a demon or monster): Several come to mind, but two stand out, Alu Demon Hound and Werewolves.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (in case the perp is either one of those): Anything is possible if you believe enough.
Mythology (in case there are any myths/legends that talk about something doggy-esque that rips people open): Rufus is sure he either skipped that day at school or was to busy reading comic books.
Zoology (in case the perp is a critter): Rufus supposes it could be a very angry wolf.
Two Claws: Lore: Cattle & Animals (to determine what kind of animal they are describing): Nothing comes to mind, doesn't even sound like a wolf really.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to determine what kind of creature they are describing): Two Claws remembers two legends from her people, ones of a man turned monster, after consuming the flesh of a human, Wendigo. The other is a dark legend of skinwalking men who take on the aspects of animals.


Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Sarik makes his way to the other shops, starting with Stumps. There he finds a set up that reminds him of a blacksmith's shop, but he doesn't see any metal anywhere. just a bunch of wood items shaped to look like metal tools and weapons. When he talks to the proprietor of the shop, a mountain of a man barely wearing any clothes in the sweltering heat of the forge, he gets a chuckle. "Blacksmith tools... I have some things that would do the job, but I don't carry anvils."

Stumps
Steel tree Blacksmithing Tools: 500 credits


His trip to the scrapyard, introduces Sarik to a mutant goat named Lamont. He says that silver is hard to come by in Char and that it's unlikely if he didn't find it at Chamberland's his last resort might be Paradigm's Techno-Wizardry.

At Paradigms, Sarik meets a woman, who is most definitely selling her self made wares. If asked about silver she says she has a small amount and could sell a portion of it for the right price.

Paradigm's
.25 lb of silver: 4,000 credits
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 54

Consumer wrote:"Well business calls it seems, if you'd like to join in the hunt, please feel free to join me at Roma's. Apparently one of my local hunters met someone who can help." Matthew says before heading out.


Jason starts to follow Matthew out of the store. "Sounds interesting. I think I'll tag along." He pauses for a moment and makes note to return to the shop later.

As Jason walks in to Roma's with Matthew, he smiles as he sees Two Claws, the "someone who can help" that Matthew's associates must have mentioned. "Two Claws, funny meeting you here. "

Jason sits down with the others while Matthew briefs them on what little he knows. He weighs the options and tentatively agrees. Jason then turns to Rufus and Two Claws. "What do you think? Does this sound like any creature you've ever heard of? That fact that it appears to primarily eat the hearts would, to my way of thinking, exclude a simple animal. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:28 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 6


Dexter wrote:"Ya know, me always had a thing fer sumting called jazz. Ever heard of it? Me preallying like da swing style. It dont mean a ding if ain't got dat swing. Du wap, du wap, du wap."


Leo listens as Dexter... 'sings'.

"You know, I never heard that song." He grins. "I guess I still haven't." He elbows Dex gently.

Micah wrote:"They're likely to have entertainment later tonight when the dinner crowds arrive."


As they talk about music, Leo watches as Two Claws, Jason, and Rufus arrive with other strangers. He shouts "NOW it's a party! Come sit over here!" and moves to get chairs for them.

Matthew wrote:"Well if you're interested, we were hired by a coalition of locals to deal with some manner of threat.... I'm sure if you guys help us bag this critter, the locals may be able to point your Professor in the right direction of something worth looking at."


Leo looks to Jason to gauge his response. If there's some kind of thing out there puttin' the hurt on folks, we should stop it if we can. I know we have another job at the moment, but... let's see what Jason thinks.

As Jason asks Rufus and Two Claws for their opinions, he thinks to himself if the details match any legends he's heard of.

Lore: D-Bee 35% 1d100 = 12 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 77 (FAIL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 56
Initiative: 1d20 = 3
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post


Skills -
Lore: Demon 74% / 1d100 = 6 - try to id beast
Lore: Faerie 54% / 1d100 = 94 - try to id beast
Lore: Magic - **General Knowledge: 64% / 1d100 = 29 - try to id beast



POST
Dhaltuun puts away his notebook and finally gets into the party. ”Hi all. Sorry about that. I have a passion for cooking. My name is Dhaltuun Onyxforge. Glad to know you.” He nods hid head in greeting and takes a swig of beer. Hearing the talk of music, Dhaltuun perks up. ”I al;ways liked me a good fiddle. Most be the southerner in me. Swamp Rock? That is new to me, but knida want to hear it now.”

Seeing Two Claws accompanied by some men, Dhaltuun stands and raises an eyebrow in question “You okay?”. Aftering seeing she is okay, he motions to an empty chair at the table for her to join. ”Hi Two Claws. Who are your friends?” As the new ones gather and start jabbering on, Dhaltuun gets a shocked look on his face. ’Holy Crapcakes… They are speaking Creole!! My pappy spoke that. I could never pick it up, but I recognize it anywhere.”[i] He raises his glass to the new group as they return to the table. ”Been a long time since i heard anyone speak creole. Nice to hear.” [i]”Brings back fond memories of home.”

Dhaltuun leans in as he grabs his notebook. He jots down notes as the others describe this thing they are hunting. Dhaltuun tries to figure out what it may be based on what he knows. ”Appears canine, but doesnt act like one? Tough enough to attack a small group. Uses teeth and claw to kill. Eats heart of victim. Multiple or very fast baddie.’ He focuses on the convo just as the pay part is mentioned. ”I am sure that is fine. I am not the leader of this little crew, but i like the sound of that.’ He looks around at the other Templars. ”A little local favor isn't a bad thing.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d100 = 62 [dice]1d0[/dice]

To try and find items/tools:
Barter 36% 1d100 = 31
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 23
Invoke Trust: 30% 1d100 = 26

At the TW shop Sarik would pay for the silver but also start nosing around to see what kind of TW toys and inventions that the shop keeper had made. While Sarik couldn't actually cast any kind of magic, he -could- use TW items, and was pretty good at it for what ever reason. He had a high potential but no real skill. TW items though let him get around that, while having the added benefit of letting him turn the tables on less ethical magic users with their own tools and spells, to an extent at least. Of course the downside was most TW items were quiet expensive and those he knew of and was interested were mostly well out of his financial range right now.

"Do you have any useful gadgets by chance that aren't too expensive?" He'd inquire of the woman "I've heard of some climbing claws that use magic to power them, or magic powered translators" (TW Climbing Claws (P81 Arzno), TW Language Translator (P84 Arzno)) "Or anything roughly in that kind of price range or less? Some TW grenades that are reusable perhaps? I've heard some are useful against vampires and similar creatures."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 83

"Do me need to sing louder, than? Huh?" Dexter grins after Leo elbows him. Dexter than watches as the others continue to gather. He ties his hat as he makes eye contact for the first time. After everyone has had a chance to settle, he will of a round of drinks for the family large group that has now accumulated. Leo should be accustomed to dis. Large family like atmosphere. We got six brothers here now, wow. That grocery bill musta been big. Dexter's attention picks when a reward with he operators guild is mentioned and when Phil's speaks of custom weapons. He remains silent, though.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/72%
JIC: 1d100 = 82/1d20 = 4

Conditions:
- PPE: 230/242 at the end of this post
- Active spell: Tongues -- 18 minutes remaining

Rufus lets out a soft chuckle when they arrive at Roma's and find the other members of the group already there. I guess it's true that all roads lead to Roma's, he muses. Even Dhal, looks like. I wasn't sure he was ever going to come back in here after what happened during our last meal. Good for him.

He tries to listen along as Matthew and the Caslow brothers get caught up, but is quickly frustrated at how little he can make out of their Creole patois. I hate it when I don't speak the language. Fortunately for me... He quickly walks over to Leo, Dex and Dhal. "Zdravo, friends! Good to see everyone in such fine spirits -- literally!" he pats the dwarves on the shoulder (mainly because he couldn't easily reach up to Leo's) and whispers almost under his breath "মুখের মধ্যে কথা বলতে." ((OOC: Casting the Tongues spell -- 12 PPE)) "I'd share that we've made a new friend but it looks like you have too..." he half turns back to the group, and while he does interact with his fellow Templars he mainly is trying to get a better listen with his superior hearing. He also tries to get a few sniffs in to tag scents of their new acquaintances if possible.

Hopefully the Nose Knows...
1d100 = 88/57% Prowl (to cast the spell and take sniffs without being conspicuous)
1d100 = 91/57% Prowl attempt #2
1d100 = 83/57% Prowl attempt #3 (well, crap in a monkey-fightin' hat...)
1d100 = 76/56% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 84/70% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 34/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away


Once everyone's brought back up to speed he takes a seat along with everyone else and listens to Matthew's casual briefing. He turns to Jason, who's clearly of a like mind.

Jason Long wrote:Jason sits down with the others while Matthew briefs them on what little he knows. He weighs the options and tentatively agrees. Jason then turns to Rufus and Two Claws. "What do you think? Does this sound like any creature you've ever heard of? That fact that it appears to primarily eat the hearts would, to my way of thinking, exclude a simple animal. "


"Agreed," Rufus nods. "Živali that hunt for sustenance eat as much of their kill as they can. Eating only the heart of a corpse suggests a luxury, a trophy even. I'd almost go so far as to say this thing's doing this more for sport than anything else." He sits back. "As far as what this thing may be... my early guess could be an Alu Demon Hound, or even your garden-variety werewolf." He turns to Two Claws. "What about you? A heart-eating canine ring any bells on your end?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”A little local favor isn't a bad thing.”


Rufus nods again. "Indeed. Friendly locals might remember things of interest to the Professor that they might not otherwise." He looks back at Jason. "Speaking of, we really should check with him to make sure he's not going to need us while we go help track down this pošast. After all, he IS our primary employer." And we need to warn him about the possibility of someone trying to steal our vehicles. For all we know, this offer could be just a ruse to get us away from the campsite... but that could just be me being paranoid.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Two Claws » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Perception : 1d100 = 80 / 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 46

Two Claws follows the three brothers back into town. Entering an establishment, known as Roma's, Two Claws is presently surprised to see her fellow members enjoying themselves. She also notices a few of the locals enjoying the time with them. The warm and friendly atmosphere reminds her of home.

Father and brother, where are you? Maher the spirit guide you back home. Can I even go home now? Maybe this could be my new family? Ha! That would be funny.

Two Claws takes a seat as the others make room and large group. She is sitting there quietly, when Jason speaks up followed by Rufus.

Jason wrote:"What do you think? Does this sound like any creature you've ever heard of? That fact that it appears to primarily eat the hearts would, to my way of thinking, exclude a simple animal. "


Rufus wrote:
"Agreed,"
Rufus nods. "Živali that hunt for sustenance eat as much of their kill as they can. Eating only the heart of a corpse suggests a luxury, a trophy even. I'd almost go so far as to say this thing's doing this more for sport than anything else." He sits back. "As far as what this thing may be... my early guess could be an Alu Demon Hound, or even your garden-variety werewolf." He turns to Two Claws. "What about you? A heart-eating canine ring any bells on your end?"


"Well, heart eating canines are not anything that my people encounter. Now if it was a giant cannibal eating bird of the north than I would know for sure. Most of the things I encounter most, if not all of the body. There is much left. Now I have heard stories and rumors of creature that resembles these traits, I just don't have first hand experience. I believe what they called it was a Wendigo."

Two Claws pauses for a moment.

"You know, there might another creature or should I say man. The skinwalking men take on the aspects of other animals. Though there even less info on them than the Wendigo."
M.D. : 78 / 78
I.S.P. : 32 / 32
P.P.E. : 91 / 91

Two Claws
User avatar
Two Claws
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:09 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 12:50 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Hunting Council
Two Claws, Jason, Rufus, Leo, Dex, and Dhaltuun

Skills
Leo:
Lore: D-Bee: Not too many D-bees come to mind, maybe the rare Zenith Moon Warper, or a particularly savage goblinoid.
Lore: Demons & Monsters: Nothing comes to mind. (In the future please make note of what the skill is for next to the skill. ~Consumer)
Dhaltuun:
Lore: Demon (try to id beast): Maybe a Werewolf, or an actual demon like an Alu.
Lore: Faerie (try to id beast): Nothing comes to mind.
Lore: Magic (try to id beast): Not really an applicable skill.
Rufus:
Prowl (to cast the spell and take sniffs without being conspicuous): Rufus thinks he's being sneaky, and no one immediately acts like they're paying attention to him.
Scent (To track blood scent up to 1,000’ away): Tons of blood on the wind, but it doesn't help being in the equivalent of a restaurant/bar.
Scent (To recognize common/known smells): Meat, blood, gun powder, a few acrid chemicals used for keeping bugs away.
Scent (To recognize the scent of others up to 50’ away): You're not entirely sure you could track the Caslow Brothers. They're particularly scent neutral. Matthew Rogal may be more easily tracked as he doesn't seem to have the same skill set as the Brothers.


As the group discusses what the creature could or could not be. A bearded man in a cowboy hat takes up a corner of Roma's with his guitar and begins to play. Matthew looks to the group and nods. "Seems like we have an accord then. The beast only seems to attack at night. So we've been limiting out hunting to night time. Thus far unsuccessfully. I'm hoping with the addition of your team we can cover more ground and catch the beast."

Phil Caslow sets his beer down and speaks. "Worst case scenario, the beast kills again. With the added help we may be able to track it back to it's lair."

Out on the town, Window Shopping (Viggo's Firearms)
Sarik

Sarik wrote:"Do you have any useful gadgets by chance that aren't too expensive?" He'd inquire of the woman "I've heard of some climbing claws that use magic to power them, or magic powered translators" (TW Climbing Claws (P81 Arzno), TW Language Translator (P84 Arzno)) "Or anything roughly in that kind of price range or less? Some TW grenades that are reusable perhaps? I've heard some are useful against vampires and similar creatures."


Paradigm nods at Sarik's questions. "I have both actually, but they are not cheap. The CLimbing Claws run thirty thousand, and the Translator is sixty-five thousand. As for grenades, I don't really have a customer base for them, and Vampires are all but unheard of in this wet environment."

So next post I will be moving the group forward to the evening and beginning the hunt. Please post your preparations in your next post. ~Consumer

What are your Intentions?

Caslow Brothers and Matthew Rogal
Matthew Rogal:Average height and build, with short white hair. A bionic left arm and a few scars on his face. Seems overly serious.
Scott Caslow: Tall, rail thin with short greying brown hair and a scraggly goatee. Quiet for the most part and always looking about, likely the oldest of the brothers.
Phil Caslow: Tall, overweight with a short blonde mohawk and a long goatee and wire framed glasses. Always seems to be chuckling at some joke that no one knows.
Micah Caslow: Tall, overweight with short brown mohawk and a muttonstache and wire framed glasses. Always smiling, likely half drunk as well.
Andrew Caslow: Short, with long blonde hair and a short full beard and wire framed glasses. Seems to always be paying attention to something else.
Mitchel Caslow: Average height, overweight mixed black male with a mess of curly hair and a scraggly beard with thick framed glasses. Tends to be quietly talking to George about all manner of weird things.
George Caslow: Tall, average build Arab male with short black hair and thick framed glasses. Tends to look like he's not paying a lick of attention, also seems like the youngest of the six.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:44 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 82

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 6

Leo racks his memories to try to think of any dbee, demon, or monster that takes hearts, but he's unsatisfied with the few dbees he can think of. This... isn't just some insane dbee, from the sounds of it. This is... something supernatural, or some... god knows what. But it's beyond my paygrade, whatever it is.

Dexter wrote:"Do me need to sing louder, than? Huh?"


Leo is about to reply when the bearded man begins to play guitar. He listens to the tune, enraptured, though he doesn't recognize it. I haven't heard music in... god... a year? Year and a half? He listens in silence until the end of the song.

He shakes his head. "Good music. Good food. Good liquor. Good friends. I... missed so much."

He sighs deeply and refocuses on the discussion at hand.

As Two Claws sits, he slides a drink wordlessly over to her.

Rufus wrote:"Speaking of, we really should check with him to make sure he's not going to need us while we go help track down this pošast. After all, he IS our primary employer."


Leo nods. "True - Though he said we'd have a day or two to ourselves, so if we can track him down quickly it shouldn't put the good doctor out much."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d100 = 82 1d20 = 20

Sarik would nod to the woman, taking a few moments to decide which was more important to him, given that he didn't have enough credits to buy both after his other purchases, and he wanted to be sure he had at least -some- local currency left. While he technically had a good amount of credits still available, they weren't exactly from Earth, which made them effectively worthless at the moment. "Will take translator please." he'd respond "And silver."

That all tabulated and paid for, he'd stash things away in his kit and then return to the rest of the party to get ready for, well, what ever would come next. At least now he had a few really handy tools, and more importantly, spare ammunition for his thunderguns. Not much perhaps, but enough for a short fight or two at the very least.

OOC Comments
All purchases so far:
75 rounds of .45 Long Colt (Standard)
35 .45 Long Colt (Silver)
20 Arrows (Standard)
2 Arrows (Explosive)
Ammo Reloading Kit (Portable)
Ammo Reloading supplies (good for 100 Standard bullets)
Steel tree Blacksmithing Tools
TW Translator (P84 Arzno)
Total Cost: 77375
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 6

Dexter listens the musician play the guitar before returning back to the group. Sounds good bit a little slow for me taste. His voice kinda reminds me of a friend me once had. Now what was his name? Dexter's thoughts are cut short when hears Leo's voice.

Leo wrote:"True - Though he said we'd have a day or two to ourselves, so if we can track him down quickly it shouldn't put the good doctor out much."


Dexter stokes his bead and tilts his head. Leaning back in his chair, he gives the room a quick glance around. Than turning back to Leo. "Yes, da professor did say we had a day or so. And by da looks of da new group, it shouldn't take all dat long. Me think we got everyting covered. Da professor probably be back at camp wit his nose in da books or maps or someting. Me say it ain't goin to be me, dough."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96 /25%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 37
Initiative: 1d20 = 1
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post


Skills - N/A



POST
As the group discusses what the creature could or could not be. A bearded man in a cowboy hat takes up a corner of Roma's with his guitar and begins to play. Matthew looks to the group and nods. "Seems like we have an accord then. The beast only seems to attack at night. So we've been limiting out hunting to night time. Thus far unsuccessfully. I'm hoping with the addition of your team we can cover more ground and catch the beast."

Dhaltuun listens to the music, with one ear, as the others discuss the topic of “what is the thing”.
He does his best to enjoy the tunes, but too slow for him. He finishes His beer and as he puts his mug down says ”If you will excuse me, I will commune with Njord and se if we can get some more info or help.” He stands and gives a head nod to the table before heading out to his buggy and heading towards camp.

After 15 mins or so of driving, Dhaltuun finds a little grove type area and parks his buggy. Getting out, he stretches and looks skyward. ”Thank you father. This is a beautiful place. Please grant to honour of hearing my pleas.” He then prepares for his communion ritual.

First he removes his overcoat, and balling it up, places it on the hood of his buggy. Then after removing all his upper body clothing, Dhaltuun places both pistols on the balled up coat. With a grunt, he gets up on the hood and sits on his coat, with a pistol on either side of him. Finally, he closes his eyes to relax a moment. ”Marcella. I need you. Please fly to me, i am gonna commune with father. Can you watch my back? Thats my girl.” Feeling the postive response, Dhaltuun opens himself to Njord. ”Father. I beseech you to answer my prayer. My friends and i are hunting an unknown critter. Canine like and eats the hearts of it victims, but is not a canine. Please assist.” He closes his eyes and recites his dedication prayer. Thern he opens his eyes again and leans back against the window. ”This is serene. I dont need alot of time to talk to father, but i like it out here.”

Dhaltuun takes the time to make a small fire and heat some rations for lunch. As he eats, he thinks ’Maybe I can summon some kind of tracker to help? Big enough for me to use as a mount and protector. Lets see what is out there.” Leaving some scraps for Marcella, Dhal starts the summoning ritual. First he uses his energy sphere to power a communication rift to search for likely candidate, then a rift if needed. ”Lets see if i can find something like a panthera-thrinax.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 45 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 53

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Matthew looks to the group and nods. "Seems like we have an accord then. The beast only seems to attack at night. So we've been limiting out hunting to night time. Thus far unsuccessfully. I'm hoping with the addition of your team we can cover more ground and catch the beast."


Jason looks around the table. Seeing that all the Templar agree, he nods to Matthew. "I will confirm it with out current employer, but it looks like we're in. Let's use 216mhz to communicate between teams. All cross talk will be kept to each team's frequencies to keep that clear. Everyone needs to monitor 216 in case the beast or beasts are spotted. I would recommend that we work at least in two man teams and that, unless the beasts are actively attacking someone, teams don't attack until at least 2 teams are on site. Since we don't know their capabilities, having at least 4 of us there before an attack dramatically increases our chance of success. If the beast flees, make sure to radio direction and speed on 216, so that others can try to intercept it. " Jason pulls out his map. "Matthew, your team has already been hunting this. Where do you suggest that we set our patrols for tonight?"

As they plan, Jason makes notes. He gets a scence of nostalgia, remembering mission planning back in South America with the 9th ATAC. Making notes and trying to cover all the bases. He is struck by the parallels. In the ATAC resources wee stretched thin, especially after the defeat of the Tirolians; air support? none, except for a flying Rufus. Artillery support? Bonaparte doesn't have the range for this, so none. Jason smiles inwardly, situation normal.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/72%
JIC: 1d100 = 67/1d20 = 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 230/242 at the end of this post
- Active spell: Tongues – 17.75 minutes remaining

Consumer wrote:
Selected Results from GM Post and PM
• Prowl (to cast the spell and take sniffs without being conspicuous): Rufus thinks he's being sneaky, and no one immediately acts like they're paying attention to him.
• Scent (To track blood scent up to 1,000’ away): Tons of blood on the wind, but it doesn't help being in the equivalent of a restaurant/bar.
• Scent (To recognize common/known smells): Meat, blood, gun powder, a few acrid chemicals used for keeping bugs away.
• Scent (To recognize the scent of others up to 50’ away): You're not entirely sure you could track the Caslow Brothers. They're particularly scent neutral. Matthew Rogal may be more easily tracked as he doesn't seem to have the same skill set as the Brothers.
• In general the conversation is the six men quickly catching each other up to speed.
• For the most part, Rufus comes to the conclusion, that while English is their first language, they seem to be able to transfer ideas much faster in the Creole Patois.


As the group discusses what the creature could or could not be. A bearded man in a cowboy hat takes up a corner of Roma's with his guitar and begins to play. Matthew looks to the group and nods. "Seems like we have an accord then. The beast only seems to attack at night. So we've been limiting out hunting to night time. Thus far unsuccessfully. I'm hoping with the addition of your team we can cover more ground and catch the beast."

Phil Caslow sets his beer down and speaks. "Worst case scenario, the beast kills again. With the added help we may be able to track it back to it's lair."


Unsolicited Commentary
I'd prefer a guy sitting down at a piano and playing something else, but hey whatevs... :)


Rufus cringes as he realizes he’s been busted sniffing and casting his translation spell. What do you expect, moj prijatelj? As far as you know, I’m a dog. A walking, talking, spellcasting dog, but still a dog. Sniffing’s what we do. You should be thankful I’m not prone to sniffing your butt to say hello. He shrugs. Like the saying goes, let sleeping dogs lie unless he makes mention of it. It’s a fascinating-sounding language though. Reminds me of Euro. Would like to learn it sometime.

“That would indeed count as a worst case scenario…” he nods. “Hopefully we can catch it before it kills again.” He nods in Two Claws’ general direction. “She’s a much better tracker than I am, but if I can get a solid scent – especially if blood’s involved -- I’m not too bad at it.” Better than I am at sneaking, anyway… he adds to himself. Ever since I joined up with this bunch it’s like the harder I try to be stealthy the worse I get at it. At least there wasn’t a Chinese buffet for me to wreck this time.

Leo wrote:
Rufus wrote:"Speaking of, we really should check with him to make sure he's not going to need us while we go help track down this pošast. After all, he IS our primary employer."


Leo nods. "True - Though he said we'd have a day or two to ourselves, so if we can track him down quickly it shouldn't put the good doctor out much."


Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter stokes his bead and tilts his head. Leaning back in his chair, he gives the room a quick glance around. Than turning back to Leo. "Yes, da professor did say we had a day or so. And by da looks of da new group, it shouldn't take all dat long. Me think we got everyting covered. Da professor probably be back at camp wit his nose in da books or maps or someting. Me say it ain't goin to be me, dough."


Rufus nods back. “Right, but I’d still like to check in with him. That way they at least know where we are and if their plans have changed we’ll know to adjust our timetable accordingly. At least generally speaking, communication with one’s employer is a good thing…” he adds with a smirk. “I can be the one to go if need be; I can fly out there and back pretty quickly.”

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:He does his best to enjoy the tunes, but too slow for him. He finishes His beer and as he puts his mug down says ”If you will excuse me, I will commune with Njord and see if we can get some more info or help.” He stands and gives a head nod to the table before heading out to his buggy and heading towards camp.


Rufus returns Dhal’s head nod. A much more dignified exit than last time, good, that’s an improvement. Se vidimo pozneje aligatorja then, Dhal. Let us know what you find out – and don’t get lost!” he turns back to the discussions at hand.

Jason Long wrote:Jason looks around the table. Seeing that all the Templar agree, he nods to Matthew. "I will confirm it with out current employer, but it looks like we're in. Let's use 216mhz to communicate between teams. All cross talk will be kept to each team's frequencies to keep that clear. Everyone needs to monitor 216 in case the beast or beasts are spotted. I would recommend that we work at least in two man teams and that, unless the beasts are actively attacking someone, teams don't attack until at least 2 teams are on site. Since we don't know their capabilities, having at least 4 of us there before an attack dramatically increases our chance of success. If the beast flees, make sure to radio direction and speed on 216, so that others can try to intercept it. " Jason pulls out his map. "Matthew, your team has already been hunting this. Where do you suggest that we set our patrols for tonight?"


Rufus makes mental notes as they go along. The plan sounds fairly solid so far, but he looks forward to see what the locals propose as well. After all, they know the area better than the group does. He clears his throat. “Just to make sure we understand each other… American isn’t my first language, I’ll admit, but I keep hearing the word ‘catch’ used here. Is the goal of this hunt to kill this thing, or merely capture? I ask because I’d use different spells depending on whether or not we need to take it alive.” Well, not really different ones, he muses, just a few more. And a gun or two.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:12 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 9:00 PM.
Weather: Clear (Light Wind; 8 mph) High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Matthew Rogal and the Caslow brothers, understand the team's logistics and tell them to look into whether their employer will have issue with them joining the hunt or not, and that they will meet them at their camp around eight thirty. For the most part, when Professor Bharb is asked he agrees that the Templar should help, he even goes so far as to say he's still researching some locations and likely won't be done for another night at least. As stated to the team earlier, the hunters arrive right around eight thirty they're more kitted out than before, but not much more. Matthew has put on a camouflaged cloak over his armor and now carries a rifle of unknown make or design, though it does look reminiscent of the ones the Caslow brothers carry.

The Hunt Begins
Everyone

"So I can't say I disagree with your notion of two man teams, so let's break up the groups as follows. Myself and Mr. Long, Rufus you can run with Scott, Sarik and Drew will likely work well together, Phil asked to be partnered up with Two Claws, Leo and Micah, Dhaltuun and George, and Dexter and Mitch seem like a good even split." Matthew says, before continuing. "I advise that we spread out at least five hundred or so feet between each group, though sometimes that's not going to be feasible." Matthew says as he produces a hand drawn map.

"This is the city of Char today, and we'll be focusing our attention in this area on the north side." Matthew says as he point it out on the map. "Basically each group picks a block and we'll scout them out looking for the creature. If anyone spots it before or after it attacks, radio it in and we'll all converge on your position." Matthew says. "Any questions or better Ideas?"

The Group Pairings
Jason and Matthew
Rufus and Scott
Sarik and Drew
Two Claws and Phil
Leo and Micah
Dhaltuun and George
Dexter and Mitch


Sorry this post is both late and kind of abbreviated, I was not only sick, I wasn't in a good headspace for writing (needs a vacation badly). I'm going to give you guys this week to either come up with a better plan, or let me know how you do on your patrol. (Skill rolls, ideas, spells, also feel free to converse with your NPC partners. I'd like to get back to a Wednesday posting schedule, so I may hold off posting till the following Wednesday. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:55 am

Perception 40%: 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d100 = 79 1d20 = 16

P.P.E.: 88/120

Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration
Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration)


To try and find information on the creature, locate tracks, or think of what sort of creature they may be up against:
Intelligence 69% 1d100 = 4
Lore: Demons & Monsters 77% 1d100 = 16
Tracking (Humans & Robots) 62% 1d100 = 76

To keep an eye out for signs of an ambush etc:
Detect Ambush: 67% 1d100 = 89
Trap & Mine Detection 52% 1d100 = 30

To try and remain unnoticed by the creature:
Prowl: 67% 1d100 = 60

Once everyone was gathered and then ready to split up into teams, Sarik would take a few moments to grip his medallion, say a brief prayer and then channel magic through his body armour, boosting it from mere low grade plating to something able to withstand combat with modern weaponry and the supernatural among other threats. That done he'd double check the ammunition in his TW pistols and stomper, make some adjustments to his swords and then draw his dwarven forged sword, taking a further moment to empower it as well for good measure. Best to be prepared from the get go rather than having to worry about it. Doubly so when he could maintain the enchantments for such a long period of time. After that, he'd start to head along with Drew, the Pantheran moving at an even pace and an attempt at soft footing so as to not immediately give himself away to the beast. He'd then try to think over what the group knew of the creature to try and think if he could identify it and try to figure out if it had any particular weaknesses. It feels good to be at this kind of work, hunting down such creatures is why my order exists after all... "Sarik, making radio check. Will notify if find signs." he'd raio in to the others.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:34 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 65 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 52

As Jason Long confirms the new job, Leo grins widely. Something about having the freedom to accept or turn down a job, after three years of slavery, appeals to him very deeply.

Rufus wrote:“Just to make sure we understand each other… American isn’t my first language, I’ll admit, but I keep hearing the word ‘catch’ used here. Is the goal of this hunt to kill this thing, or merely capture? I ask because I’d use different spells depending on whether or not we need to take it alive.”


That's an excellent question.

Leo shrugs. "I gotta admit... catching the thing is gonna be a damn sight harder than ... stopping it. Especially if it's a thinking thing, and not an animal."

As Matthew breaks out the team pairings, Leo sidles over to his designated partner. He shoulders his hammer and says, "Ready when you are, chief."

As they ehad to their designated part of the search grid, Leo notes "I know I'm big, but I can be pretty darn fast too, so send me where ya need me if you hear or see anything I don't."

He will work with Micah to quickly but quietly survey the designated area, checking gullys, foliage overgrowth, and the like, as well as looking into treetops and other seemingly inaccessible places as the terrain dictates.

Land Navigation 49% 1d100 = 11 (Stay in the grid and cover the entire area - SUCCESS)
Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 56 (avoid any natural pitfalls or dangers - FAIL)
Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 58 (Same)
Prowl 25% 1d100 = 41 (attempt to move quietly - FAIL)
Prowl 25% 1d100 = 59 (Same - FAIL)
Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 89 (avoid being tricked into an ambush - FAIL)
Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 52 (Same - FAIL)

If he sees the beast in question at any point, he will attempt to identify it.
Lore: D-Bee 35% 1d100 = 95 (is it a known dbee? - FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 40 (is it a known demon or monster? - SUCCESS)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23/72%
JIC: 1d100 = 35/1d20 = 18

Conditions:
- PPE: 230/242 at the end of this post

Consumer wrote:"So I can't say I disagree with your notion of two man teams, so let's break up the groups as follows. Myself and Mr. Long, Rufus you can run with Scott, Sarik and Drew will likely work well together, Phil asked to be partnered up with Two Claws, Leo and Micah, Dhaltuun and George, and Dexter and Mitch seem like a good even split." Matthew says, before continuing. "I advise that we spread out at least five hundred or so feet between each group, though sometimes that's not going to be feasible." Matthew says as he produces a hand drawn map.

"This is the city of Char today, and we'll be focusing our attention in this area on the north side." Matthew says as he points it out on the map. "Basically each group picks a block and we'll scout them out looking for the creature. If anyone spots it before or after it attacks, radio it in and we'll all converge on your position." Matthew says. "Any questions or better Ideas?"


Rufus shakes his head. “Nope, sounds pretty solid to me. We can cover more ground and it can’t pick us off one by one.” He looks up at Scott. “Once we get into position I’ll see if I can pick up a scent we can track; otherwise I’ll follow your lead as you know the area better. If it all goes south and we get stuck in, try to get clear and I’ll voodoo the hudiča out of it…” he adds with a wink and a smirk.

Once they reach their designated block, he starts sniffing around trying to pick up any scents he can use to track down the beast (or its lair). If he finds anything he’ll immediately rely it to Scott.

Sarik wrote:"Sarik, making radio check. Will notify if find signs."


Rufus grabs his radio. “Roger that, Sarik. Will do the same. Rufus out.”

On the Prowl Skill Checks and Stuff
• Sense Ley Line: 60 miles (96.6 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100 = 30/62%
• Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 100 miles (160.9 km) of him.
• Sense Magic in Use: Up to 600’ (182.9 m) away.
• See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)
1d100 = 45/56% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 73/70% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 17/70% to recognize common/known smells (2nd attempt)
1d100 = 94/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
1d100 = 76/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away (2nd attempt)
1d100 = 96/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away (Dadgummit, I *know* I know what Scott smells like...)
• Keen Hearing: equal to a Dog Boy
• Nightvision: 40’/12.2m
• Wilderness Survival -- 1d100 = 96/77% (to avoid any natural dangers)
• Wilderness Survival -- 1d100 = 83/77% (No really, I *meant* to fall down into that Burmese tiger trap...)
• Wilderness Survival -- 1d100 = 90/77% (Why don't you believe me? I wanted to make sure there weren't any Burmese tigers down there...)
• Prowl -- 1d100 = 45/57% (because STEALTH!)
• Rufus will cast Invisibility if need be and will cast Fly as the Eagle if he needs to overcome any large obstacles
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 38 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 94

Consumer wrote:
"So I can't say I disagree with your notion of two man teams, so let's break up the groups as follows. Myself and Mr. Long, Rufus you can run with Scott, Sarik and Drew will likely work well together, Phil asked to be partnered up with Two Claws, Leo and Micah, Dhaltuun and George, and Dexter and Mitch seem like a good even split." Matthew says, before continuing. "I advise that we spread out at least five hundred or so feet between each group, though sometimes that's not going to be feasible." Matthew says as he produces a hand drawn map.

"This is the city of Char today, and we'll be focusing our attention in this area on the north side." Matthew says as he point it out on the map. "Basically each group picks a block and we'll scout them out looking for the creature. If anyone spots it before or after it attacks, radio it in and we'll all converge on your position." Matthew says. "Any questions or better Ideas?"


While the Templar are getting ready to go out for the 'hunt' and before they go meet Matthew's team, Jason's professional paranoia kicks in. He calls the Templar together. "
Has anyone done any type of reading on Matthew and his crew? Do you think they can be trusted? The reason that I ask is a bit complicated. No experienced soldier likes to go into combat with someone that they have never operated or trained with. Matthew appears to be an experienced soldier. We are going into an unknown and, potentially, very dangerous situation. Instead of keeping teams that are used to working with each other, Matthew has split us all up, partnering one of us with one of them. It could be nothing sinister. He could be that he just wants to spread his team out to cover as much area as possible and is using us to provide his men with back-up. Or, it could be that he wants us split up. "
Jason looks around at the team. "If none of you get any bad vibes off of them, it is probably nothing. Just watch your backs. "

Jason prepares his gear for the night hunt. He looks longingly at Bonaparte, but decides that the size and noise of his old friend would likely scare off the beasts. Which would be great is their plan wasn't to track and dispose of the creatures. He decides on wearing the BA26 armor for its sensor pod and lays out his weapons. Jason loads his Super 10 shotgun with the MD shells, the Thundergun with silver, and buckles on both handguns. He hones the edge of his silver dagger. He loads a parachute flare into his flare gun and puts it into a pouch on his belt. Jason finishes by loading up all his ammunition pouches and tucking in a couple cigars. With familiarity of long practice, he checks that he can easily reach everything and then goes back out to meet the team.

Once he is partnered with Matthew, Jason activates the 360 sensor pod and lets him take lead. As they reach their search area, Jason does a radio check with each of the team members. He decides to do periodic checks to make sure communications stay open.

OOC Comments
((Land Navigation--79% / 1d100 = 75 -keeping track of their location ))
((Radio: Basic--97% / 1d100 = 92 -keeping in contact with the teams ))
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 37 -sensor sweeps ))
((Prowl--72% / 1d100 = 64 -sneaking around ))
((Track & Trap Animals--72% / 1d100 = 19 -looking for signs of the beasts ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 3

Jason wrote:While the Templar are getting ready to go out for the 'hunt' and before they go meet Matthew's team, Jason's professional paranoia kicks in. He calls the Templar together.
"Has anyone done any type of reading on Matthew and his crew? Do you think they can be trusted? The reason that I ask is a bit complicated. No experienced soldier likes to go into combat with someone that they have never operated or trained with. Matthew appears to be an experienced soldier. We are going into an unknown and, potentially, very dangerous situation. Instead of keeping teams that are used to working with each other, Matthew has split us all up, partnering one of us with one of them. It could be nothing sinister. He could be that he just wants to spread his team out to cover as much area as possible and is using us to provide his men with back-up. Or, it could be that he wants us split up. " Jason looks around at the team. "If none of you get any bad vibes off of them, it is probably nothing. Just watch your backs. "


"Aye, boss. Now the ya mention it, it does sound da bit suspicious. As on of me child good friends said all da time. ' If and but were coconuts'. Never really understood it but it feels appropriate, me thinks. Umm, da only ting me can do is Read Object. Me could always ask to see one of dare rifles." Dexter says half heartedly with a half smile. "But me dont think me can do it discretely, tho. It's yer call."

Dexter twists his cigar in his mouth several times. Taking a draw from it, he looks over the locals and their equipment they decided on bringing as each one of them comes through the door. When they decided to split into smaller groups, Dexter takes an extra look or over his assigned partner. He tilts his hat up a bit and looks up at Mitch. "Mitch, huh? Me take it ya know how do use dat ting, right? And when dat don't work, whatcha doin' ten? Got a back up plan?" After a bit, Dexter s scampers off and finishes up getting ready. Switching out his top hat for his armor's helmet. When he is ready he will let Mitch know that he is good to go.

"Testing, testing, one two." Dexter checks his radio comms as the pair set off. No being from the local htea, he let's Mitch take the lead. Mimicking his steps while keeping a keen eye out. He also keep an eye on Mitch. Alone in da wood wit dis stranger, what da hell is me doing? Me ain't no woodsman but me guess pay is pay. Dexter continues.his search for this elusive beast.

Skill Rolls
  • Weapons Engineer 45% / 1d100 = 16 to ascertain the quality of equipment on the Coslow's and Matthew.
  • Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 50% / 1d100 = 93 to ascertain the quality of equipment on the Coslow's and Matthew.
  • Land Navigation 56% / 1d100 = 50 maintain search pattern
  • Radio: Basic 70% / 1d100 = 61 maintain contact and open comms
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:21 pm

((rolls held over))

Jason Long wrote:"Has anyone done any type of reading on Matthew and his crew? Do you think they can be trusted? The reason that I ask is a bit complicated. No experienced soldier likes to go into combat with someone that they have never operated or trained with. Matthew appears to be an experienced soldier. We are going into an unknown and, potentially, very dangerous situation. Instead of keeping teams that are used to working with each other, Matthew has split us all up, partnering one of us with one of them. It could be nothing sinister. He could be that he just wants to spread his team out to cover as much area as possible and is using us to provide his men with back-up. Or, it could be that he wants us split up. " Jason looks around at the team. "If none of you get any bad vibes off of them, it is probably nothing. Just watch your backs. "


Rufus nods. "Not exactly a reading per se, but when we all met up I cast a translation spell so I could understand what they were saying in that other language of theirs -- sounded like parts of Euro in there, I think? Anyway, they were basically comparing notes with each other and getting themselves up to speed. They like Dhal and Dex okay, but they're a little prestrašen -- spooked -- of Leo. They think he gives off violent vibes because he's a Titan Juicer." He chuckles. "If that's the case, they probably would have soiled their underthings had they met Kilo." He glances over at Leo. "Did we mention him already? Titan Juicer like you, but he was an ogre. Had a serious mad-on for Wolfen and wasn't too fond of me either because of it. Always looked like he was ready to chew up a horseshoe and start spitting out nails."

He turns back to Jason. "The ones that met Two Claws said she's got stealth skills, but not so much so that they couldn't spot her." He shrugs. "And... Phil caught me casting the spell, though he didn't say that he knew what it was. And he caught me sniffing." He raises his arms in a 'what did you expect' gesture. "Kaj si pričakoval od mene? I'm a dog! A walking, talking, spellcasting dog, but still a dog! Sniffing's what we do, like humans picking their noses! He should be glad I didn't sniff their butts to say hello!" He makes an exaggerated sniffing sound. "Dobro jutro, prijatelj! Was that waffles you had for breakfast, or did you accidentally sit down in a vat of maple syrup??"

He shakes his head. Okay, maybe I'm laying it on a little too thick here. Stay on target, pup. "žal mi je. I'm sorry. I kinda got carried away there. Anyway, what I overheard didn't sound like someone who was plotting anything under-pawed. If they're up to no good you'd think they'd have said something about it when talking among themselves in that other tongue. I agree, we should be on our guard with our 'partners' as well as this beast they're tracking. Those of us who have earpiece radios should probably keep their channels open so we can listen in. And if anything even smells like it's about to go wrong, call it in."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:27 am

(rolls carried)

Rufus wrote:They like Dhal and Dex okay, but they're a little prestrašen -- spooked -- of Leo. They think he gives off violent vibes because he's a Titan Juicer. If that's the case, they probably would have soiled their underthings had they met Kilo. Did we mention him already? Titan Juicer like you, but he was an ogre. Had a serious mad-on for Wolfen and wasn't too fond of me either because of it. Always looked like he was ready to chew up a horseshoe and start spitting out nails."


Leo raises his eyebrows. "No shit? An Ogre Titan Juicer? That must've been... intimidating." He chuckles.

"They shouldn't be afraid of me." He hoists his massive hammer to one shoulder, and grins.

"I'm as gentle as a kitten."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:39 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 10:00 PM.
Weather: Raining; High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


The Hunt Begins
Everyone

The groups split and make their way into the ruins of Char. Shortly thereafter the sky opens up and it begins raining, it starts off slow, but quickly picks up to a substantial amount of water. Which makes visibility a little muddled.

Jason and Matthew
As the rain pours Matthew leads Jason down a stretch of road that likely was a busy boulevard in the distant past, though nowadays it is more shanty town than road. In a quiet voice Matthew speaks up. "I'm glad you guys said yes, I was beginning to think that we might not have the manpower to deal with whatever this threat is." Matthew says, the sincerity obvious in his tone.

Matthew points to a three story building that may have once been a bank in the past. "Seems like a good vantage point, fancy a climb?" Matthew asks as he retrieves a grappling hook and line from his pack. A few twirls and a toss later, the hook sails up to the roof of the building. A few solid tugs on the cord show that it's caught on something sturdy. "I'll go first and double check that it's secure, so you can follow up." Matthew says as he makes to climb the wall. A minute or so later he reaches the top, age likely slowing the man down. Once he crests the roof's edge, he's out of sight for another minute or so, before he pokes his head out. Matthew gives the universal all clear signal, allowing Jason to follow him up.

The roof is an uninspired location with little going on other than being a high point. Matthew unslings his rifle rifle and begins fiddling with the scope. "You have nightvision goggles or binoculars?" Matthew asks. "If not I have a spare set you can use." Matthew says indicating one of his pouches.


Rufus and Scott

Rufus and Scott make their way through a wooded area that likely was a city park in the past. While Rufus is wary and checking out smells and sounds, Scott seems almost to not care. His rifle cradled in the crook of his elbow. "We'll cross here and post up on the street across from here." Scott says quietly.

True to his word the duo breaks the cover of the woods, and finds a street littered with rusted out hulks of vehicles and trash. "No real high points here, so we can find cover behind one of these wrecks." Scott says pointing to the burnt out rusted remains of a minivan. "We'll keep our sight down the road there, since Drew is a few blocks that way." Scott says indicating the opposite direction he motioned for where they should watch.

Sarik and Drew

Sarik and Drew pass through the shattered remains of what may have been a car dealership or something similar. "I see a four story building over there, we can get up on it and watch the area." Drew says likely it's a question, but clearly he has already made the decision.

As the duo approach they can see that the building is mostly gutted, with only a sturdy structural bits remaining. Luckily this also means stairs, a quick hike up four flights of stairs brings the pair to the roof. It looks like someone has been using the roof as a garden, but it doesn't seem to have any ripe plants at the moment. Drew walks to the corner of the roof, climbing up onto the ledge and crouching like an owl or a comical gargoyle. "Should be able to see anything coming from a good distance away."

Leo and Micah

Leo and Micah make their way down a busted culvert, passing the wrecks of vehicles and piles of trash. "So I've been thinking. One of the reasons we've not been able to catch the creature is that it has all the time in the world to run away. What if we limited it's chance of escape, say like this culvert here.?" Micah says with a drawl.

"I figure if any of the others find it, they can herd it towards us and we can keep it from escaping so easy." Micah says. To Leo's perspective, it's not a bad sounding plan, and the Culvert is not the easiest place to get out of. Down side is the amount of hiding spot in the area are pretty high, and they too would have a hard time escaping.


Dexter and Mitch

Dexter and Mitch walk down a littered street. They can see signs of life, but in this weather everyone is staying indoors. "I figure we'll walk down this road a bit and make a circuit of it." Mitch says quietly. The route takes the duo past a few of the other teams, who quietly acknowledge each other, but generally stay where they are.

Jason and Matthew
From the perch on the roof of the building, the duo can see generally what's going on in the area. It's from here that Jason notices a canine shaped humanoid slinking down the road.

Rufus and Scott
The vigil is slow and boring, and even a little miserable with the rain. Somehow through all of this, Rufus' sensitive nose picks up a smell that comes across as dangerous in his mind. It's canine mixed with rancid mead and stale blood, and it's very near.

The Group Pairings
Jason and Matthew
Rufus and Scott
Sarik and Drew
Two Claws and Phil
Leo and Micah
Dhaltuun and George
Dexter and Mitch


GM Note: I am going on vacation next Friday, so I won't be posting. I will continue posting that following Wednesday. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:58 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 16

Micah wrote:"So I've been thinking. One of the reasons we've not been able to catch the creature is that it has all the time in the world to run away. What if we limited it's chance of escape, say like this culvert here.?" Micah says with a drawl.

"I figure if any of the others find it, they can herd it towards us and we can keep it from escaping so easy."


Leo nods. "Sound strategy. I like it. And once it's in the ditch we keep him there."

He radios the other Templars on the group's channel.

"Hey - Leo here. In our grid is a handy culvert - deep, and steep. If you guys need to herd the beast, send it our way, and we'll try and quarantine him in this gully."

Working quickly, Leo uses natural materials on-hand to transform the defile into a proper trap - making it more difficult to escape from, by spiking the sides with downward-facing spikes, or creating a falling-log, falling-block, or deadfall style trap overhanging the ditch.

Track & Trap Animals 30% 1d100 = 13 (Spike the sides? SUCCESS)
Track & Trap Animals 30% 1d100 = 66 (Construct falling object trap? FAIL)
Track & Trap Animals 30% 1d100 = 14 (Construct deadfall trap? - SUCCESS)

If he is unable to construct a trap over the ditch as outlined above Leo secures a rope, climbs into the ditch, and digs it deeper or mines the sides to be walls or even overhangs.

Climb Rope/Rappel 64% 1d100 = 92 (Climb in - FAIL)
Climb Rope/Rappel 64% 1d100 = 35 (Climb out - SUCCESS)

Mining (also includes Prospecting) 45% 1d100 = 16 (Flatten walls/create overhang - SUCCESS)
Mining (also includes Prospecting) 45% 1d100 = 90 (Second attempt if needed - FAIL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 57

Dexter walks along with this his new coworker. Making their round along the street. Silently acknowledging the other groups as he passes them by.

Mitch wrote:"I figure we'll walk down this road a bit and make a circuit of it."


"Aye, laddie. Sounds like good plan. Maybe he'll see me an tink to himself, 'now dat's an easy meal.' It'll put a smile on me face to see him realize me anit no easy catch." Dexter adjusts his rifle on his hands as the continue their circuit. His heart skips a beat as he hears Leo's voice comes over the radio.

Leo wrote:"Hey - Leo here. In our grid is a handy culvert - deep, and steep. If you guys need to herd the beast, send it our way, and we'll try and quarantine him in this gully."


"Dat be excellent. Me and Mitch, here are walking along da road. Maybe we can flush da best out. Either by scarring him or by bein' bait. Me'll call out do ya, when we see da pup. Den we'll push him yore way." Dexter looks. Ack at Mitch and silently give him a thumbs up. He smiles and waits for Mitch to approve that, what Dexter just said was the plan.

Skill Rolls
  • Land Navigation 56% / 1d100 = 88 to lead the beast to Leo' location for the gully, if they confront it,
  • Radio: Basic 70% / 1d100 = 43 maintain contact and open comms
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 90 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 37

Jason climbs up after Matthew and checks the area. He takes a position where he is mostly under cover, but the sensor pod has a clear view.
Consumer wrote:Matthew unslings his rifle rifle and begins fiddling with the scope. "You have nightvision goggles or binoculars?" Matthew asks. "If not I have a spare set you can use." Matthew says indicating one of his pouches.


" Thanks, but I'm good. This armor has all of that covered. What's the accurate range of your rifle in these conditions?" As they settle in, Jason radios the rest of the groups their position and conditions. As the others check in, he plots their locations, so he can coordinate movement if the beast shows up.

Consumer wrote:From the perch on the roof of the building, the duo can see generally what's going on in the area. It's from here that Jason notices a canine shaped humanoid slinking down the road.


Jason makes sure his radio is on the agreed main frequency and calls in the sighting. "All teams, we have a canine shaped humanoid coming down the roadway. " Jason gives its direction and speed. On the map he notes which teams are in a position to intercept and which are in a good position to cut off its retreat. He directs the teams to those areas. "Unless engaged, hold fire until everyone is in position. Also, don't let your guard down in case he isn't alone. As you get eyes on, check in and report if you can identify this thing and can advise if it is our target."

Jason takes his own advice and sweeps the area again, to see if the the creature is alone. Don't want the ambushers to become the ambushees

OOC Comments
(( Radio: Basic--97% / 1d100 = 82% -radioing the teams))
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 25% -coordinating the teams to the target))
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 93% -checking for other targets))
((Surveillance--82% / 1d100 = 11% -tracking the target on the roadway))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:53 am

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 56
JIC: 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 9

P.P.E.: 88/120

Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration
Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration)

Try and pick up information on the general area:
Intelligence 73% 1d100 = 81
Land Navigation 72% 1d100 = 69

Keep an eye out on possible ambushes:
Detect Ambush: 72% 1d100 = 82
Trap & Mine Detection 57% 1d100 = 21

To keep sneaky!
Prowl: 72% 1d100 = 30

Consumer wrote:Sarik and Drew

Sarik and Drew pass through the shattered remains of what may have been a car dealership or something similar. "I see a four story building over there, we can get up on it and watch the area." Drew says likely it's a question, but clearly he has already made the decision.

As the duo approach they can see that the building is mostly gutted, with only a sturdy structural bits remaining. Luckily this also means stairs, a quick hike up four flights of stairs brings the pair to the roof. It looks like someone has been using the roof as a garden, but it doesn't seem to have any ripe plants at the moment. Drew walks to the corner of the roof, climbing up onto the ledge and crouching like an owl or a comical gargoyle. "Should be able to see anything coming from a good distance away."



To try to identify the plants, get an idea of how long they've been growing here, how well they are being taken care of etc:
Botany 42% 1d100 = 39
Wilderness Survival 67% 1d100 = 13

To check for recent tracks:
Tracking (Humans & Robots) 72% 1d100 = 80

Sarik would check the area out, eying Drew a little bit with an uncertain gaze. He wasn't sure what to think of the man right now, since he didn't know him at all. He'd also quietly check out the area they were on, trying to get some sense of how likely people were to come up here while they were there. Get an idea of what kind of things were done up here and so on. After that was done he'd finally speak up "Possibly. Might maybe have someone stumble on us?" he'd point out "Not worried about risk of problem?" he'd question and then start scanning the area while he crouched down low to try and find some cover that still let him keep an eye out. "Don't have weapons with much range though. No rifle. Best range is bow but that is of only some use." he'd add in. "Mostly better for fighting in close." Well, this is an alright place to camp out for now I suppose, but I really could use a rifle or something I guess. Or at least more explosive arrows at the very least...

Dexter Portlywright wrote:
Leo wrote:"Hey - Leo here. In our grid is a handy culvert - deep, and steep. If you guys need to herd the beast, send it our way, and we'll try and quarantine him in this gully."


"Dat be excellent. Me and Mitch, here are walking along da road. Maybe we can flush da best out. Either by scarring him or by bein' bait. Me'll call out do ya, when we see da pup. Den we'll push him yore way."


Sarik would just quietly listen to the radio chatter for the time being, he was having a little trouble making sense of all the words being used but he otherwise kept to keeping an eye out on things, looking up for a bit at all the rain that was pouring down and then just shook his head. Weather could be nicer...

Jason Long wrote:Jason makes sure his radio is on the agreed main frequency and calls in the sighting. "All teams, we have a canine shaped humanoid coming down the roadway. " Jason gives its direction and speed. On the map he notes which teams are in a position to intercept and which are in a good position to cut off its retreat. He directs the teams to those areas. "Unless engaged, hold fire until everyone is in position. Also, don't let your guard down in case he isn't alone. As you get eyes on, check in and report if you can identify this thing and can advise if it is our target."


Sarik would perk up a tiny bit at the news from Jason, and then start scanning around, trying to spot the individual that was mentioned, and then try to figure out what the distance was to the possible target, if they were one he wanted some idea if he could engage or not...
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 am

( Rolls Carried Over )
Jason wrote:""All teams, we have a canine shaped humanoid coming down the roadway. "


Dexter parks up as Jason sits a potential boge and communicates this over the radio. He listens to the description of the target. He turns to Mitch. "Al'ight lad. Look da me dat it's be show time." Dexter will move into a better position, when Jason relays with the target's position and direction of travel. He conveys the information to Mitch, if he doesn't have our radio frequency. "Dex and Mitch in position."

Jason wrote:"Unless engaged, hold fire until everyone is in position. Also, don't let your guard down in case he isn't alone. As you get eyes on, check in and report if you can identify this thing and can advise if it is our target."

"Aye, boss. Just wait'n on yet word den."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 92

Consumer wrote:The groups split and make their way into the ruins of Char. Shortly thereafter the sky opens up and it begins raining, it starts off slow, but quickly picks up to a substantial amount of water. Which makes visibility a little muddled.

Rufus and Scott make their way through a wooded area that likely was a city park in the past. While Rufus is wary and checking out smells and sounds, Scott seems almost to not care. His rifle cradled in the crook of his elbow. "We'll cross here and post up on the street across from here." Scott says quietly.

True to his word the duo breaks the cover of the woods, and finds a street littered with rusted out hulks of vehicles and trash. "No real high points here, so we can find cover behind one of these wrecks." Scott says pointing to the burnt out rusted remains of a minivan. "We'll keep our sight down the road there, since Drew is a few blocks that way." Scott says indicating the opposite direction he motioned for where they should watch.


“Makes sense,” Rufus nods as he takes up a position along with Scott. He makes an annoyed face as he pulls his hood over his head and tries to stay out of the rain as much as he can while staying in cover. This is why I like taking my baths via cleansing spells… he grouses to himself as he keeps his eyes (and nose) peeled.

Leo wrote:"Hey - Leo here. In our grid is a handy culvert - deep, and steep. If you guys need to herd the beast, send it our way, and we'll try and quarantine him in this gully."


Dexter Portlywright wrote:"Dat be excellent. Me and Mitch, here are walking along da road. Maybe we can flush da best out. Either by scarring him or by bein' bait. Me'll call out do ya, when we see da pup. Den we'll push him yore way."


Rufus passes the info along to Scott before clicking his own mic. “Herd him into the culvert. Roger that.” Now all we need is for this beastie to be the cooperative type and go along with the plan.

Consumer wrote:The vigil is slow and boring, and even a little miserable with the rain. Somehow through all of this, Rufus' sensitive nose picks up a smell that comes across as dangerous in his mind. It's canine mixed with rancid mead and stale blood, and it's very near.


Rufus takes a couple of additional sniffs to be sure, but there’s no mistaking that scent. That’s the smell of something that’s been hunting lately and is back for more. “Eyes up,” he glances over at Scott. “I’ve caught its scent. And it’s close.”

Jason Long wrote:"All teams, we have a canine shaped humanoid coming down the roadway. " Jason gives its direction and speed. On the map he notes which teams are in a position to intercept and which are in a good position to cut off its retreat. He directs the teams to those areas. "Unless engaged, hold fire until everyone is in position. Also, don't let your guard down in case he isn't alone. As you get eyes on, check in and report if you can identify this thing and can advise if it is our target."


“Acknowledged,” Rufus shoots back. “I’ve got nose on target as well.” He checks his position against Jason’s to see if it’s the same one or if there’s another.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:12 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 10:30 PM.
Weather: Building Thunderstorm; High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


The Hunt Begins
Jason and Matthew
Jason's Skill rolls
Radio: Basic (radioing the teams): Radio goes through as planned, though some manner of interference is making the quality lack luster.
Land Navigation (coordinating the teams to the target): The teams have an accurate gauge to get to the creature you see, but it's really up to it on whether it works or not.
Sensory Equipment (checking for other targets): None seen.
Surveillance (tracking the target on the roadway): Got eyes on it.


Jason Long wrote:" Thanks, but I'm good. This armor has all of that covered. What's the accurate range of your rifle in these conditions?"


Matthew shrugs at the question. "I've hit things at four thousand feet out, I'm sure I could shoot farther, but open land like that is uncommon around here. She's a repurposed rail gun with some inventive redesigns." Matthew says as he leans against the low wall on the edge of the roof seems to be following the target with the rifle.

Jason Long wrote:"All teams, we have a canine shaped humanoid coming down the roadway. Moving south down the street at a slow stalking pace. Unless engaged, hold fire until everyone is in position. Also, don't let your guard down in case he isn't alone. As you get eyes on, check in and report if you can identify this thing and can advise if it is our target."


Matthew sighs. "Figures as soon as we get your help the thing pops out like a charm. Makes me feel a bit unlucky"

Rufus and Scott

Rufus wrote:“Eyes up,” he glances over at Scott. “I’ve caught its scent. And it’s close.”


Scott nods and looks about to see if he can see the creature, but seems unable to.

Rufus wrote:“Acknowledged,” Rufus shoots back. “I’ve got nose on target as well.” He checks his position against Jason’s to see if it’s the same one or if there’s another.


Rufus thinks on it for a few moments and comes to a cold realization. It is not the same one, as it's coming from the opposite direction of the one Jason sees and it's very close.

Sarik and Drew
Sarik's Skills
Intelligence (Try and pick up information on the general area): This whole place seems generic, an unremarkable.
Land Navigation (Try and pick up information on the general area): A couple of tall buildings make the only real landmarks, the rain and the lack of lights make visualization of the area poor at best.
Detect Ambush (Keep an eye out on possible ambushes): Not a good ambush spot as far as Sarik can tell.
Trap & Mine Detection (Keep an eye out on possible ambushes): None seen.
Prowl (To keep sneaky!): Seems sneaky.
Botany & Wilderness Survival (To try to identify the plants, get an idea of how long they've been growing here, how well they are being taken care of etc): Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Squash, Seems like the site has been in use for a few years, hard to tell by their use of absolutely ancient materials for their grow boxes. Whoever is growing them is skilled enough to do it, but not some farming genius.
Tracking (Humans & Robots) To check for recent tracks): The recent weather has made the tracks unreadable.


Sarik wrote:"Possibly. Might maybe have someone stumble on us?" he'd point out "Not worried about risk of problem?"


"Anything is possible, but I'm thinking no one would bother two heavily armed guys standing on the roof of a building." Drew says with a smirk as he starts panning his rifle across the area looking for a target.

Sarik wrote:"Don't have weapons with much range though. No rifle. Best range is bow but that is of only some use." he'd add in. "Mostly better for fighting in close."


"Bow's are right useful, though you may be right on it not being useful here. Worst case you gotta hop down and go fight the creature up close." Drew says with a soft chuckle.

Leo and Micah
Leo's Skills
Special Note about these skills. They can be done, but they will be horrendously rushed

Track & Trap Animals (Spike the sides?) Using some scrap metal and prestigious strength. sharp bits are jammed into the concrete sides. Likely causing structural damage that will affect the culvert in the years coming.
Track & Trap Animals (Construct falling object trap? & Construct deadfall trap?) There really isn't anything tall or heavy enough in the culvert to mount either a falling object trap or a deadfall trap.

Mining (also includes Prospecting) (Flatten walls/create overhang): This can happen, but it will be noisy and well quite frankly very time consuming. Think of the culvert as a considerably smaller version of what they call the LA River. Concrete walls that angle down into a flat area to channel water to a cistern a ways down.


Micah watches Leo as he starts prying the little bit of material that could be used for traps from nearby refuse, and starts setting up a spiky walled trap. "I'm not sure if that'll work. Not saying I don't approve, but most of the things we hunt are tough as tanks." Micah says as he peers down the way with his rifle scope. "Weather is gonna get worse soon. Making this piss poor hunting conditions."

Dexter and Mitch
Dex's Skills
Land Navigation (to lead the beast to Leo' location for the gully, if they confront it): The way the ruins are situated, and the ever changing lighting situation, is making Dex's inner map go wrong, he's not entirely sure where anyone is save Mitch who is right next to him.
Radio: Basic (maintain contact and open comms): This work as intended.


As the pair walk down the road, Dex can see how much more difficult this hunt is likely get if the weather gets any worse. Mitch indicates a turn on the road and the pair make their way down it. Mitch slows and crouches as Dex and he pass the corner. Ahead crouched on a ruined vehicle is a massive hairy form, easily as large a Leo, and nowhere near as pretty. Mitch taps a short rhythm on his microphone, and shoulders his rifle. very quietly he speaks to Dex. "He's right there near Rufus and Scott."

Dhaltuun (and minions) and George
Dhaltunn, Jessie, his new animal companion and George find themselves across the way from the culvert Leo and Micah are using as a blind/ambush point. George seems a bit out of place with the amount of people and creatures near him so he's kept relatively quiet. The weather only seems to be worsening, but from the vantage point George has chosen, it makes the creature that Jason and Matthew see visible. "So how do you want to lure it this way?" George asks quietly.

For Everyone
The weather explodes with brilliant flashes of lightning and near deafening booms of thunder. The hunters also hear another noise muffled in the background. Howling.



The Group Pairings
Jason and Matthew
Rufus and Scott
Sarik and Drew
Two Claws and Phil
Leo and Micah
Dhaltuun and George
Dexter and Mitch
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 84

Watching Mitch crouch as the pass the corner, Dexter tries to lower himself as well or at least best a dwarf can. He slows and matches pace with Mitch. Positioning himself to Mitch's rear flank. Her draws his rifle shortly after Mitch does the same. The sudden flashes of light are causing havoc with his sensors. His visor dimming with every flash before returning to normal as the light fades back into the darkness. The booming thunder and the mysterious howling make the airwaves cacophonous. Dexter sights down the barrel of his rifle at the massive beast. His finger on the trigger ready to pull. Still not sure about the group of hunter brothers, he tries to keep an eye out for any signs of betrayal from Mitch. Tis' a good nit' ta set an Ambush. Both fer us and anything else ou it here. Me still not sure bout does boys. 'Wolves in sheep's clothing' come to mind. If day turn on us, me won't hesitate to lite 'em up. Dat fer sure. Got'ta be ready fer anyting. "if ya' dink dat ya' got a clean shot, then take it. Me'll back ua' up."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:38 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 67

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 47

Micah wrote:"I'm not sure if that'll work. Not saying I don't approve, but most of the things we hunt are tough as tanks. Weather is gonna get worse soon. Making this piss poor hunting conditions."


Leo examines his handiwork with a craftsman's eye. "It's not my best work, I'll grant," he says with a chuckle. "Let's just call it plan B."

Leo gets first Jason's and then Rufus' message on comms, and turns to Micah. "It's showtime, looks like," he says with a smile.

He tries to keep an ear out for trouble. They said they'd try to angle the critters this way, but plans don't always work right... He unslings his Gravity-Wave Maul, and sets it on the ground, handle up, and rests his enormous hand there. "Be ready to move if you hear action. If they can't herd the beasts this way, we'll go to them."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d100 = 7 1d20 = 1
P.P.E.: 88/120

Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration
Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration)

Lore: Demons & Monsters (To try and identify what might be making the howls) 82%: 1d100 = 28

Sarik was satisfied after a good look around that they probably wouldn't be disturbed any time soon at least. He'd been slightly suspicious however, given the situation, and the fact that he didn't know the man he was teamed with in the slightest.

Consumer wrote:"Anything is possible, but I'm thinking no one would bother two heavily armed guys standing on the roof of a building." Drew says with a smirk as he starts panning his rifle across the area looking for a target.

"Bow's are right useful, though you may be right on it not being useful here. Worst case you gotta hop down and go fight the creature up close." Drew says with a soft chuckle.


I suppose he does have a point however... he thought to himself, and then quietly rumbled in a feline manner before settling in for the wait. "Truth." he'd say, though, that was in response to the matter of his bow. He decided however for now, not to use it. He didn't have enough arrows that could do any meaningful damage to most creatures that would honestly pose him an issue in the first place. The howling drew his attention however, making his head jerk up ever so slightly and he'd have to take a few moments to consider what could be the source(s) of the sound. "Thinking might be more than just one target, yes?" he'd inquire of his current compatriot. "Could make things interesting...." and by interesting, he meant problematic.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 56
Initiative: 1d20 = 3
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post
Sense magic (4) - Range: 120 ft / Dur: 10m remaining
Sense evil (2) - Range: 90 ft / Dur: 10m remainig
superhuman Strength (10) - SN ps 30 / PE 24 /
Armor of Ithan (10) - Dur: 5m remaining / MDC: 50

Skills - N/A
Demon / monster lore 74% / 1d100 = 97 - id creature
Recognize enchantment 50% / 1d100 = 18 - ids creature under a spell or enchantment


POST
Dhaltuun crounches in the bushes with his troupe and the new friend. ”Ok. Here is what i got. Not much but hopefully enough.” He clears his throat ”Jessie, You fly up and play overwatch. My goal is to catch it, if it is more than an animal. So tackle it, tie it up, i dont care. Dont kill unless no choice, Yeah?” Following a nod from Jessie, Dhaltuun turns to the new guy ”We have not worked together so i will trust you to know what to do.” He places a friendly hand on his shoulder, ”We got this.”

He looks at his new cat friend. ”Thank Njord he sent you to me. I need you to stay quiet in the bushes. When you can, help Jessie subdue it.” Finally he gives a sigh. With a tug of his vest, he hits his radio ”I will play bait. With some enchantments i should be to hold him long enough for others to jump in. Maybe we can go for capture unless no choice?” He takes a breathe and starts prepping. With a series of gestures and words, Dhaltuun buffs for the encounter. ((Sense magic (4) / sense evil (2) / superhuman Strength ??) / Armor of Ithan (10) )) Once ready, he moves to the path and sits with his everpresent pouch of jerky and waits. As it approaches, Dhaltuun will drop his jerky pouch and cast Influence the Beast as it closes on him.

If the creature doesnt attack right away - ”Hello friend” dhaltuun will try to start talking to it.

If the creature attacks… Dhal will dodge ”Calm Friend. We are here to help.” if that doesnt work, he will open a can of whoop ass. First he will jump up anf]d try to kick thing in face, then jumping back to his feet , dhaltuun will cast DOMINATE. ”You will stop now and surrender.’

APM [5]:
Init [+1]: 1d20+1 = 20
Action 1 & 2: leap kick (WWF drop kick) - Strike 1d20+8 = 9 / Damage 1d6 = 4 + knockdown

Action 3: Jump to feet
Action 4 & 5: Dominate
Dodge [+8]: 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 21 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 22
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:31 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 10:30 PM.
Weather: Building Thunderstorm; High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


The Hunt Begins
Jason and Matthew
Matthew curses quietly. "That's not good."

Rufus and Scott
Scott hunkers down and points his rifle in the general direction of the beast near them, but he doesn't fire.

Sarik and Drew
Sarik's Skills
Lore: Demons & Monsters (To try and identify what might be making the howls): Sarik is not entirely sure, he knows the following things from the howl. It's Canine, It's larger than a dog or wolf, it's calling it's brethren for a hunt.


Sarik wrote:"Could make things interesting...."


Drew chuckles. "Yep, that's one way of putting it." Drew says scanning the road looking for a target.

Leo and Micah

Leo wrote:"It's not my best work, I'll grant," he says with a chuckle. "Let's just call it plan B."


Micah shrugs. "Fastest I've seen it done without tools. So there's that. Micah says with his slightly slurred drawl.

Leo wrote:"It's showtime, looks like,"


Micah nods. "Sounds like if."

Leo wrote:"Be ready to move if you hear action. If they can't herd the beasts this way, we'll go to them."


"Makes sense. No sense in being in a ditch if they're not going to come to us." Micah says shouldering his rifle, ready to shoot whatever may come.

Dexter and Mitch
Dexter wrote:"if ya' dink dat ya' got a clean shot, then take it. Me'll back ua' up."


Mitch doesn't answer, he seems to be waiting for confirmation to start shooting.


Dhaltuun (and minions) and George
Dhaltuun Skills
Demon / monster lore (id creature): Not a clue, some sort of large bipedal canine.
Recognize enchantment (ids creature under a spell or enchantment): Doesn't seem to be.
Sense Magic: None in 120' of Dhaltuun.
Sense Evil: A few, Moderately Evil, Near


Dhaltuun gives out his battle plan. Jessie flies up and watches, an expression of confusion on her face. Dhaltuun's new four legged companion seems confused at what it's bee asked to do, but eventually hides behind a bush. Dhaltuun then casts a few spells in succession, before moving towards the beast. George just watches because he is entirely unsure what Dhaltuun is planning.

Once Dhaltuun is in full view of the creature that is very near Rufus and Scott, it stops sniffing the air and looks directly at Dhaltuun. Whatever plan he had is tossed out the window as it jumps from it's perch and charges the dwarf. Dhaltuun sees that the creature is charging and drop kicks towards the beast, who just slaps Dhaltuun into the dirt. The creature spends the next few seconds trying to tear into the dwarf, with its teeth and claws. Which Dhaltuun manages to roll about avoiding the blows. Dhaltuun barely manages to get to his feet before the creature begins another barrage of attacks. Scratching across Dhaltuun's Armor of Ithan, weakening it a bit.

The Group Pairings
Jason and Matthew
Rufus and Scott
Sarik and Drew
Two Claws and Phil
Leo and Micah
Dhaltuun and George
Dexter and Mitch


Butcher's Bill wrote:Dhaltuun: - 26 P.P.E.
Effects Active: Sense Magic (R: 120' area; D: 10 min), Sense Evil (R: 90' area; D: 10 minutes), Superhuman Strength (D: 2 1/2 min), Armor of Ithan (37/50 M.D.C.; D: 5 minutes)
Sarik:
Effects Active: Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration)



Notes: There are three of them, One can be seen by Dexter, Dhaltuun, & Rufus (and their respective NPC companions), One can be seen by Jason. The third is unseen at the moment.

Any of the groups who can't see one can move to join the combat at the cost of 1 action for ranged, and 2 actions for melee.



Combat Posts!
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:14 am

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 92
JIC: 1d100 = 93 1d20 = 15
P.P.E.: 88/120
Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration
Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration)
Fly as an Eagle (1/2 Charges used): 1hr Duration, 50mph/80kph

Lore: Demons & Monsters (To try and identify the wolves) 82%: 1d100 = 55
Detect Ambush (To keep an eye out for the missing wolf): 72% 1d100 = 24
Sense of Balance (In case it's needed while flying about): 97% 1d100 = 31

Sarik would look to his companion as he charged up his magical wings. "Careful of back yes?" He'd state to the man before he'd then leap into the air, the alchemically crafted wings springing out to full size as he launched fully into the air. While he was up there he'd try to spot the other creature. After taking a moment to assess the situation, he decided to try and give Dhaltuun a hand, the Pantheran sweeping through the air, firing off a pair of shots at the wolf attacking the shifter before swooping down and trying to stab it with his sword. Now... just what are we dealing with here.... He'd try to figure out just what exactly these wolves were, while also trying to take note of the effect his weapons had on the creatures. (Just so I know what damage dice rolls to use)

"Combat Rolls"
Attacks: 6
W.P. Handguns - +3 to Strike
W.P. Sword - +4 to Strike, +4 to Parry, +1 Strike when Thrown
(Dwarven Sword) +2 Parry, Damage: 3d6+4 (4d6+6 with fencing/PS Bonus)
(Thundergun) +1 Aimed, +1 Initiative,+1 Strike for Sarik, -1 Strike for all others.
(Fly as Eagle) +1 Parry, +2 Dodge, +2 Damage on diving attack.
Strike Bonus: +7
Parry Bonus: +11(12)
Dodge Bonus: +11(13)
Automatic Dodge: +6
Thundergun Ammunition: 4/6

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 17
Action 1: Activate Wings
Action 2: Move to ranged combat distance
Action 3: Fire Thundergun at wolf 1d20+4 = 23
Action 4: Fire Thundergun at wolf 1d20+4 = 13
Action 5: Move to melee range
Action 6: Swoop melee attack with sword 1d20+11 = 25

Damage:
Shot 1: 5d6 = 17 (Creatures of Magic) or 1d6*10 = 50 (Supernatural beings)
Shot 2: 5d6 = 16 (Creatures of Magic) or 1d6*10 = 10 (Supernatural beings)
Diving Sword Attack: 4D6+8 (2X Damage to Supernatural Evil/Creatures of Magic)

Autododge: 1d20+6 = 191d20+6 = 231d20+6 = 71d20+6 = 151d20+6 = 141d20+6 = 12
Parry: 1d20+16 = 241d20+16 = 201d20+16 = 261d20+16 = 241d20+16 = 181d20+16 = 25
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 22
Initiative: 1d20 = 1
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 79 /115 at end of post
Sense magic (4) - Range: 120 ft / Dur: 9m 45s remaining
Sense evil (2) - Range: 90 ft area / Dur: 9m 45s remainig
superhuman Strength (10) - SN ps 30 / PE 24 / Dur: 2m 15s
Armor of Ithan (10) - Dur: 4m 45s remaining / MDC: 37/50
Dominate (10) - Dur: 1h 15m

Skills - N/A
Demon / monster lore 74% / 1d100 = 94 - id creature
Recognize enchantment 50% / 1d100 = 49 - is creature under a spell or enchantment


POST
”What the fuck??” Dhaltuun jumps to his feet. ”Lets Dance!!” Dhaltuun bursts into action. He charges forward and grabs at the things face, attempting a headlock like move. Once he gets the grip, he gives it a good, solid knee to the gut. Using the impact of the knee for momentum, Dhaltuun rolls backward and, with his legs, propels thing into air. (IE: monkey toss). ”Hit him, Jess!” As soon as it is airborne, Jessie flies in and using her shield, does a body check in midair, sending it hurlting thru the air. As it connects withthe ground, Cat runs over and gives it a shoulder block, sending it firuther along the ground.

As this is happening, Jessie flies over to Dhaltuun and gives a lift up to about 20 ft off the ground above the critter. While on the ground, Cat makes a mighty leap, aiming to connect with all four paws on the thing. Almost immediatly after contact, Cat leaps upwards again, and using cat agility, moves so when he lands he hads a throat grab on the thing.

Once dhaltuun is over the critter, he releases from Jessie’s hand and aims an elbow strike at the critters torso. Jessie circles around in preparation for what may happen next.


Dhaltuun crazy combat
APM [5]:
Init [+1]: 1d20+1 = 16
Action 1 - Grab jaws in headlock Strike: 1d20+8 = 11 / Damage 1d4 = 4 squeeze
Action 2 - Knee gut (to propel into suplex) 1d20+8 = 27 / Damage 1d4 = 3 MD
Action 3 - Throw 1d20+8 = 9 / Damage 1d6 = 6 MD

Jessie -
APM [5]:
Init [+0]: 1d20 = 19
Action 1 - Power punch (Shield bash) - Start - Strike 1d20+2 = 8
Action 2 - Power Punch (shield bash) - Impact - Damage 4d6 = 20 MD
Cat -
APM [5]:
Init [+3]: 1d20+3 = 11
Action 1 - Body block thing as it hits ground
Action 2 & 3 - pounce on thing 1d20+4 = 21 / Damage: 4d6 = 16

Jessie -
Action 3 - move to dhaltuun
Action 4 - grab dhalltuun and head up

Dhaltuun -
Action 4 - grab jessie’s hand 1d20+8 = 27

Jessie -
Action 5 - at 20 ft drop dhaltuun

Dhaltuun -
Action 5 - drop elbow on thing belly 1d20+8 = 9 / Damage 1d6 = 4

Cat -
Action 4 & 5 - leap neck pin 1d20+6 = 15 /

Dhaltuun -
Parry [+8]: 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 19 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 17
Dodge [+8]: 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 15 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 11

Jessie -
Parry [+6]: 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 13 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 26
Dodge [+6]: 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 24 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 23

Cat -
Parry [+2]: 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 21, 1d20+2 = 14 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 3
Dodge [+4]: 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 6, 1d20+4 = 18 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 10
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 68

Dexter waits a few more seconds to see what Mitch will do. Keeping the beast down the sights of his rifle. What in da forge is he wait'n fer? We gotta act soon or it'll do some damage. Me ain't wait'n no more. Dexter starts focusing his potential psychic energy through his armor and cast Armor of Ithan followed up with an Energy Field spell. Casting the Energy Field just a few feet behind the beast, to help prevent its escape. Once his preparations are in place he will follow his magical applications with a barrage of gunfire.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
APM: 5

Action 1: cast Armor of Ithan (10)
Action 2: Cast Energy Field (10)
Action 3: Attack with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+2 = 11 Damage: 5d6+3 = 19
Action 4: Attack with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+2 = 5 Damage: 5d6+3 = 20
Action 5: Attack with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+2 = 14 Damage: 5d6+3 = 28 or reserved for dodge if needed 1d20+2 = 14

Parry: 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 10, 1d20+2 = 17, 1d20+2 = 20
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:10 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 72 (Big Ol' Fail)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 61

If at any point Leo hears the sounds of combat, he scoops up his enormous hammer and goes tear-assing off in that direction, ready to throw down. "Micah! Let's hit it!" When he reaches the combat, he lays into the canine beast with wide swings of his hammer. The quicker we can put these beasts down the quicker we can get back to our main gig. He tries to position himself so that the gravitic wave from his hammer does not catch any of his teammates.

Hammer notes
Does M.D. to mega-damage materials and S.D.C. to softer targets. Does 1/3 damage to creatures of magic, magic armor, magic force fields, and other types of magic barriers. Supernatural beings suffer half damage from the gravitic blast.


Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20
APM: 6

Action 1: Run at full speed toward sounds of combat. "Micah! Let's hit it!"
Action 2: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 7 (Nat. 1!); Damage 3d6+25 = 36; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 30, 20' radius
Action 3: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 14; Damage 3d6+25 = 40; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 10, 20' radius
Action 4: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 14; Damage 3d6+25 = 37; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 30, 20' radius
Action 5: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 16; Damage 3d6+25 = 35; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 40, 20' radius
Action 6: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 7 (Nat. 1!); Damage 3d6+25 = 33; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 30, 20' radius

Parries using hammer (if necessary): 1) 1d20+10 = 20; 2) 1d20+10 = 30 (Nat. 20!); 3) 1d20+10 = 26; 4) 1d20+10 = 28; 5) 1d20+10 = 29; 6) 1d20+10 = 27

Autododge (if necessary): 1) 1d20+2 = 8; 2) 1d20+2 = 15; 3) 1d20+2 = 10; 4) 1d20+2 = 7; 5) 1d20+2 = 22 (Nat. 20!); 6) 1d20+2 = 14

Dodges (if Autododge fails): 1) 1d20+8 = 18; 2) 1d20+8 = 22; 3) 1d20+8 = 21; 4) 1d20+8 = 19; 5) 1d20+8 = 19; 6) 1d20+8 = 12
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 6
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7 (add +1 if using Thundergun or NG-45LP)
APM: 7

Consumer wrote:
Rufus wrote:“Acknowledged,” Rufus shoots back. “I’ve got nose on target as well.” He checks his position against Jason’s to see if it’s the same one or if there’s another.


Rufus thinks on it for a few moments and comes to a cold realization. It is not the same one, as it's coming from the opposite direction of the one Jason sees and it's very close.


Rufus' eyes grow wide at the realization. It's a pack. They're hunting us. Wolvenar protect us, he says to himself as he keys his comlink. "Rufus here. There's more than one. Ours is coming in from the opposite direction and it's close." He looks over at Scott. "Looks like it's showtime. Here, hold still. সামান্য যাদু বর্ম" he says as he casts armor spells on the both of them.

a.) If the creature is within 60', he'll try to snag it with a couple of magic nets.
b.) If the creature is more than 60' away but less than 200', he'll pull out his Thundergun and give Scott a smirk. "Watch your ears -- I'm told this is pretty loud."
c.) If the creature is more than 200' away but less than 2,000', he'll pull out his NG-45LP and draw a bead on it.

Combat Actions
Actions: (NOTE: Critical Strike on unmodified roll of 18, 19, or 20)
1.) Cast Armor of Ithan on Scott (60 MDC; 6 minutes/24 melees duration) -- 10 PPE
2.) Cast Armor of Ithan on himself (60 MDC; 6 minutes/24 melees duration) -- 10 PPE

3a.) Cast Magic Net on critter (12 melees duration; dodge of 16+ to avoid) -- 7 PPE
4a.) Cast Magic Net on critter (12 melees duration; dodge of 16+ to avoid) -- 7 PPE
5a.) Cast Magic Net on critter (12 melees duration; dodge of 16+ to avoid) -- 7 PPE

3b.) Shoot critter with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 5d6 = 17 MD if creature of magic; 1d6*10 = 40 MD if supernatural being
4b.) Shoot critter with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Damage: 5d6 = 21 MD if creature of magic; 1d6*10 = 60 MD if supernatural being
5b.) Shoot critter with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4 = 19 Damage: 5d6 = 19 MD if creature of magic; 1d6*10 = 30 MD if supernatural being

3c.) Shoot critter with NG-45LP. Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 Damage: 5d6 = 15 MD
4c.) Shoot critter with NG-45LP. Strike: 1d20+4 = 10 Damage: 5d6 = 14 MD
5c.) Shoot critter with NG-45LP. Strike: 1d20+4 = 18 Damage: 5d6 = 23 MD

6.) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9
7. ) Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+7 = 24

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 27, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 8
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 pm

Perception: 62% / 1d100 = 63
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 7

Jason is surprised by the sounds of combat. Oh well, so much for a coordinated attack. Sarge always told you, "No plan survives first contact with the enemy"

He radios the teams, in case anyone missed the answering howls, "All teams, at least 3 targets, take them down, but watch your backs"

"Matthew, take the shot. I think the range is a bit long for my weapons. So, you start the ball. I'll try to coordinate the other teams " Jason draws his Thundergun and takes aim. Lets see if this thing is supernatural.

With Matthew's rifle being the more powerful and accurate, Jason waits for him to take the first shot. Jason spares a moment on his sensors, trying to locate the other creatures and the other teams. If he can spot them, he will direct them the closest target and gives warnings if a creature is behind a given team. If he is unable to do that, he will open fire on the creature in front of him, waiting after the first shot to see if the Thundergun shell reacts to the creature.(magical or supernatural evil) If there is no reaction after the first hit, Jason will switch to his NG-45.

Combat Actions
OOC Comments
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 25
Actions - 7
#1 scan the area
#2 Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 5 To Hit, Damage: 3d6 = 7SDC if natural, 5d6 = 14MD if creature of magic, 1d6*10 = 40MD if supernatural evil
#3 Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 20 To Hit, Damage: 3d6 = 10SDC if natural, 5d6 = 19MD if creature of magic, 1d6*10 = 60MD if supernatural evil
#4 Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 18 To Hit, Damage: 3d6 = 11SDC if natural, 5d6 = 24MD if creature of magic, 1d6*10 = 20MD if supernatural evil
#5 evaluate whether the Thundergun is effective or not
#6 switch guns or Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 5 To Hit, Damage: 3d6 = 6SDC if natural, 5d6 = 18MD if creature of magic, 1d6*10 = 40MD if supernatural evil
#7 Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 14 To Hit, Damage: 3d6 = 6SDC if natural, 5d6 = 22MD if creature of magic, 1d6*10 = 30MD if supernatural evil OR
#7 Fire NG-45 at creature - 1d20+3 = 16 To Hit, 5d6 = 17MD

((Sensory Equipment—67% 1d100 = 40% )) Scanning for creatures and team members
((Perception--62% / 1d100 = 55 )) Did Thundergun shell react
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 10:30 PM.
Weather: Building Thunderstorm; High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.


Initiative Order
Jason: 25
Drew: 22
Werewolf #2: 21
Leo: 20
George: 20
Dexter: 19
Jessie (Minion): 19
Sarik: 17
Dhaltuun: 16
Matthew: 16
Micah: 12
Panthera-Thrinax (Minion): 11
Mitch: 10
Werewolf #4: 9
Rufus: 8
Scott: 8
Werewolf #3: 8
Werewolf #1: 7


And there was a fire fight.

Action One Breakdown
Jason: scan the area
Drew: Speed climbs down the building.
Werewolf #2: Claws Dhaltuun. (Strike: 4)
Leo: Run at full speed toward sounds of combat. "Micah! Let's hit it!"
George: Move because Dhaltuun is in his shot.
Dexter: cast Armor of Ithan (10)
Jessie (Minion): Move forward and attack with Magical Long Sword. (Strike: 22; Damage: 20 M.D.) Parry: 11
Sarik: Activate Wings
Dhaltuun: Grab jaws in headlock Strike: 1d20+8 = 11/ Damage 1d4 = 4 squeeze Parry: 17
Matthew: Aims at Werewolf #1.
Micah: Moves to see a target.
Panthera-Thrinax (Minion): Stay hidden, as it naturally knows it cannot hurt this creature.
Mitch: Begins aiming.
Werewolf #4: Does something off screen.
Rufus: Cast Armor of Ithan on Scott (60 MDC; 6 minutes/24 melees duration) -- 10 PPE
Scott: Turns to aim at Werewolf #2
Werewolf #3: Does something off screen.
Werewolf #1: Makes way towards Werewolf #2, spoiling Matthew's Shot.


Jason takes a moment to scan the area, and finds he isn't getting much more than the information he already has, and the weather is even taking that away from him. Drew not having a shot, basically jumps over the side of the building and speed climbs down. The Werewolf in front of Dhaltuun tries to claw at the dwarf, but misses his target. Leo tears off, making his way towards the Werewolf that Dhaltuun is currently fighting, yelling behind himself. "Micah! Let's hit it!" George curses loudly because Dhaltuun is basically in his shot, so he moves to get a better vantage. Dexter channels Armor of Ithan through his armor and is given a protective field. Jessie dives down and attacks the Werewolf with her sword causing a wound to its side. "It's a Werewolf, only silver and magic can hurt it." She says for Dhaltuun's benefit. Sarik activates the Wings of Pronbida, granting himself flight through their mechanical or magical nature. Dhaltuun tries to grab the Werewolf only to have his hand slapped away. Matthew begins aiming at the Werewolf, down on the road, that seems by itself. Micah grumbles and begins to clumsily move to get a view of the Werewolf that Leo ran towards. Dhaltuun's newest minion a Panthera-Thrinax, sees the creature in front of it and decides to stay hidden, as it instinctively knows it cannot hurt the Werewolf. Mitch crouched near Dexter, begins aiming at the Werewolf Dhaltuun, Jessie, and Leo are near. Rufus reaches out while saying the words of power, granting Scott magical armor. Scott, joins in and aims at the Werewolf everyone seems to be fighting. The Werewolf That Matthew and Jason first saw, makes a run towards The ensuing fight, spoiling Matthews shot.

Action Two Breakdown
Jason: Not having a target needs to move to be able to shoot.
Drew: Move to see a target.
Werewolf #2: Attack Dhaltuun. (Strike: 14; Damage: 16 M.D.C.) Parry: 21
Leo: Strike with hammer 1d20+6 = 7 (Nat. 1!); Damage 3d6+25 = 36; Gravitic wave damage: 1d4*10 = 30, 20' radius Nat 1 is a miss, Leo loses an action compensating for over swing.
George: George aims at Werewolf #2.
Dexter: Cast Energy Field (10) This puts a barrier between the Werewolf and Dhaltuun, Jessie, George, Micah and Leo.
Jessie (Minion): Move via flight to attack the Werewolf from above with Magical Long Sword. (Strike: 17; Damage: 17 S.D.C.) [color=red]Parry: 14

Sarik: Move to ranged combat distance
Dhaltuun: Move around Energy Field to be able to attack Werewolf. (Spd of 6)
Matthew: Curse, Begin speed climbing down the building.
Micah: Begin aiming at Werewolf #2 (Energy Field is in the way)
Panthera-Thrinax (Minion): Continue to stay hidden from Werewolf.
Mitch: Fire at Werewolf #2. (Strike: 25 (Nat 20!); Damage: 32 S.D.C.
Werewolf #4: Still off screen.
Rufus: Cast Armor of Ithan on himself (60 MDC; 6 minutes/24 melees duration) -- 10 PPE
Scott: Fire on Werewolf #2: (Strike: Nat 1; Gun jams lose action to clear it)
Werewolf #3: Still off screen.
Werewolf #1: Attack Jessie. (Strike: 6; Damage: 11 M.D. Parry: 26


Jason not having a target, follows Matthew down the building, and makes his way to the fight. Drew makes his way towards the fight, finding a vantage point near a ramshackle shack. The Werewolf again tries to strike Dhaltuun, but the dwarf manages to deflect the blow. Leo charges in and tries to strike with his Gravity Wave Maul, but over swings and misses, but not before blasting all those around him with a powerful gravity blast, damaging armor and force fields alike, the Werewolf seems unaffected. George begins to aim at the Werewolf, while Dexter channels an Energy Field to block off a path of escape. GM Note: You don't state which configuration, so it's the wall version. ~Consumer Jessie flies up and over the Energy Field and strikes another blow at the Werewolf, leaving it bloodied from a head wound. Sarik flies towards the combat and now can clearly see two Werewolves fighting his new companions. Dhaltuun seeing the wall between him and the Werewolf begins to make his way around it GM Note: 18' per action. ~Consumer "Sonofa..!" Exclaims Matthew, before he too hops off the side of his perch, and using his robotic arm slides down the building to get into the fray. Micah begins to aim, his breath a little ragged form the sudden exertion. Mitch fires at the Werewolf, striking a beautiful blow, leaving the creature winded and bleeding further. Rufus, casts Armor of Ithan on himself with a quickly worded spell. Scott goes to fire, but his gun only makes a clicking noise and a high pitches whine. The first spotted Werewolf makes an attack at Jessie, but the Valkyrie parries the blow with her shield.

Action Three Breakdown
Jason: Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 5 To Hit, Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Drew: Takes aim at Werewolf #1.
Werewolf #2: Attack Dhaltuun. (Strike: 10; Damage: 14) Parry: 14
Leo: Recover from Nat 1.
George: Fire at Werewolf #2: (Energy Field in way) (Strike: 19; Damage: 12 M.D.)
Dexter: Action 3: Attack with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+2 = 11 Damage: 5d6+3 = 19
Jessie (Minion): Move to attack Werewolf #1 with Magical Long Sword. (Strike: 17; Damage: 14 HP) Parry: 16
Sarik: Fire Thundergun at wolf 1d20+4 = 23 Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
Dhaltuun: No target to fight, looks around.
Matthew: No target to fight, looks around.
Micah: No target to fight, looks around.
Panthera-Thrinax (Minion): Continue to stay hidden from Werewolf.
Mitch: No target to fight, looks around.
Werewolf #4: Attack Jason. (Strike: 22 (Nat 20!); Damage: 16 M.D.C.) No Parries or Dodges Listed; JiC used: Not Nat 20.
Rufus: 3b.) Shoot critter with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 [Make removable] M.D. Dodge: 16
Scott: Clear Jam!
Werewolf #3: Leap from building at Sarik. (Strike: 16; Damage: 5 M.D.C.) Auto-Dodge: 19


Jason rounds a corner and takes a shot at the Werewolf closest to him, scoring a brutal blow. Drew takes aim at the Werewolf, having moved close enough to see it. One of the Werewolves tries to claw Dhaltuun, but again is parried away. Leo manages to regain his footing, and ready his hammer for a second swing. George fires his rail rifle at the Werewolf, but hits the Energy Field in the way, doing it some minor damage. Dexter fires his MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle and watches the Werewolf collapse from the damage. Jessie adjusts and attacks the the other Werewolf, scoring another bloody blow, before Sarik put it down with a shot from his Thundergun. Dhaltuun, Matthew, and Micah look around to see if there are any other targets, before Jason is surprised by a Werewolf from behind, this one more massive than the last two, it's claws do a number on Jason's armor. Rufus seeing his boss in trouble fires on the creature, but it dodges out of the way. Scott works quickly and angrily to clear the jam in his Rail Rifle. From behind and above a Werewolf leaps from the roof of a nearby building in an attempt to claw Sarik, but the Pantheran proves to be very agile and dodges the attempted blow.

Action Four Breakdown
Jason: Fire Thundergun at creature - 1d20+3 = 20 To Hit, Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 M.D. Parry: 7
Drew: Take aim at Werewolf #4.
Leo: Move to attack Werewolf #3
George: Take Aim at Werewolf #3
Dexter: Attack Werewolf #3 with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+2 = 14 Damage: 5d6+3 = 28 Dodge: 14
Jessie (Minion): Move to attack Werewolf #4. (Strike: 7; Damage: 20 M.D.) Parry: 17
Sarik: Swoop melee attack with sword at Werewolf #3. 1d20+11 = 25; Damage: 42 (Roll wasn't formatted right) Parry: 22 (Nat 20!)
Dhaltuun: Start moving towards Werewolf #4 (closest one)
Matthew: Snap Fire at Werewolf #4 (Strike: 1; Miss)
Micah: Take aim at Werewolf #4.
Panthera-Thrinax (Minion): Continue to stay hidden from Werewolf.
Mitch: Take aim at Werewolf #3.
Werewolf #4: Attack Jason. (Strike: 10; Damage: 22)
Rufus: Shoot Werewolf #4 with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 M.D. Miss due to range.
Scott: Take aim at Werewolf #3.


Jason fires his Thundergun into the large Werewolf, who tries to smack the weapon out of line, a moment too late. Drew takes a moment to shift his entire being and begin aiming at the Werewolf attacking Jason. While Leo charges to attack the Werewolf near Sarik. George takes aim at the same Werewolf, while Dexter fires at it, barely missing the moving creature. Jessie flies to defend Sarik only to have her sword blow batted away. Sarik moves to attack the Werewolf below him, sure he has it dead to rights, only for it to move at the parry the blow at the last possible second. Dhaltuun starts to slowly move towards the Werewolf closest to him. Matthew tries to snap fire his rail rifle, only to go very wide, putting a hole clean through a nearby building. Micah switches his target to the Werewolf near his boss, While it attacks Jason, scoring another blow to his armor. Rufus tries to shoot the Werewolf off of Jason, but misses his shot. Scott switches his focus to the Werewolf Sarik is fighting.

Action Five Breakdown
Jason: Thundergun at Werewolf #4 - 1d20+3 = 5 To Hit, Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 M.D. Parry: Nat 1
Drew: Shoot Werewolf #4. (Strike: 13; Damage: 13 M.D.)
Leo: Grabs Werewolf #3 (Strike: 14)
George: Fire at Werewolf #3 (Strike: 11; Damage 11)
Dexter: Attack Werewolf #3 with MR-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle Attack: 1d20+2 = 14; Damage: 5d6+3 = 28
Jessie (Minion): Attacks Werewolf #4 with Magic Long Sword. (Strike: 21; Damage: 18 Parry: 14
Dhaltuun: Move towards the last surviving Werewolf.
Matthew: Take aim at Werewolf #4
Micah: Shoot Werewolf #4. (Strike: 14; Damage: 13 M.D.
Panthera-Thrinax (Minion): Continue to stay hidden from Werewolf.
Mitch: Switch Aim to Werewolf #4.
Rufus: Shoot Werewolf #4 with Thundergun. Strike: 1d20+4 = 19 Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Scott: Scott switches aim to Werewolf #4.


Jason fires his Thundergun again at the Werewolf, who miserably fails to stop the shot that punches through him, though he still stands afterwards. Drew wounds the Werewolf near Sarik and Jessie, While Leo rushes up and physically grabs the Werewolf near Jason. Figured, you would realize that they're unaffected by your hammer. ~Consumer Two more shots ring out with George and Dexter hitting the Werewolf in Leo's arms, causing it to sag as the life leaves it's body. Jessie attacks the Werewolf below her, getting through it's defenses and leaving another wound. Dhaltuun turns around and begins moving towards the last surviving Werewolf, While Matthew takes aim. Micah fires on the beast scoring another blow, While Mitch moves his aim to it, Rufus plugs the beast with a solid shot. Scott follows suit and aims at the creature.

Action Six Breakdown
Jason: Move forward to put self in range.
Leo: Move towards last surviving Werewolf
Matthew: Fire at Werewolf #4. (Strike: 14; Damage: 32)


Jason moves to get in range, as does Leo, but Matthew ends the fight with a final round dropping the beast. A peal of thunder marks the moment as the rain begins to really pour. "Do you think that's all of them?" Comes over the radio, one of the Caslow Brothers. "Lets get a head count, whos still alive?" Matthew radios to the group. A series of affimatives from the Caslows come through save Phil or Two Claws.


Back at camp.

Salomon makes his way through the portal his family emergency taken care of to finds himself suddenly drenched in a deluge of water. The skies above pouring down. Thunder and lightning punctuate the severity of the storm. Ahead he can make out the camp the Templar had set up, it looks to be occupied still.

Butcher's Bill wrote:Dhaltuun: - 26 P.P.E.
Effects Active: Sense Magic (R: 120' area; D: 10 min), Sense Evil (R: 90' area; D: 10 minutes), Superhuman Strength (D: 2 1/2 min), Armor of Ithan (27/50 M.D.C.; D: 5 minutes)
Sarik:
Effects Active: Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration), Wings of Pronbida actiive
Rufus: -20 P.P.E.
Effect: Armor of Ithan (60/60 M.D.C.)
Scott:
Effect: Armor of Ithan (60/60 M.D.C.)
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Effect: Armor of Ithan (40/40 M.D.C.), Energy Field (Wall) (48/60 M.D.C.)
Jason: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor (Main Body): 52/90 M.D.C.
Effects:
Jessie (Minion): Magic Chain Mail: 90/100 M.D.C.
Werewolf # 1: Dead.
Werewolf # 2: Dead.
Werewolf # 3: Dead.
Werewolf # 4: Dead.


What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 25
JIC (20): 1d20 = 6

Conditions: Sixth Sense (always on)




Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia breathes a sigh of relief, not the least bit due to the fact that he found his companions' campsite still intact.

It had only been a few days since his family needed his help, but - thanks to the mysterious intricacies of magic, he was able to make it back in short order.

Be more careful next time, hermana... He recalls with a smile saying this to his dear sister. During his brief visit, he was able to stop by the House of Magic, where he was originally tutored. They marveled at the progress he had made and the depth of his understanding of magic principles he had attained as a High Magus, and welcomed him back to learn and exchange culture and information. The Nazcan Line Maker's, Diabolist's, and Stone Master's invitations - and that of a new type of magic he had not heard of previously, "Crystal Magic" - to study and exchange knowledge, in particular, stuck out in his head - perhaps there was something to these other arts that he should pursue? All appealed to the "creative" side of his High Magus training. He did not have time to do much more than converse at the surface level with these adepts of uncommon arts, but they left an impression on him nonetheless.

Alas, the brief trip home was cut short too soon, but he was entrusted with a new gift- that of a set of special cards. Eager to make his way back into the world to prove himself to the Templar, he has now returned... to the welcome of a thunderstorm to boot.

"HELLO!" he calls out loudly to the camp as he approaches. "Professor? Sarah? Rufus? Jason? Anyone?" he calls in a loud voice - enough to overcome the storm. The High Magus is confident he is among friends, so his weapons are shouldered and holstered, respectively, but the High Magus is still alert - just in case.

Perhaps, if they are not all entirely spent, I can take care of this storm... he thinks to himself.

If the High Magus is greeted by a familiar face, he will return in kind with a smile, and apologize for his previous hasty departure - "Emergency family situation, my apologies" - and ask where the others are.

If the High Magus is greeted by an unfamiliar face, he will politely introduce himself and ask where the others are.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 221/221
I.S.P.: 57/57


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 am

Perception: 62% / 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 3


Consumer wrote:"Do you think that's all of them?" Comes over the radio, one of the Caslow Brothers. "Lets get a head count, whos still alive?" Matthew radios to the group.
Jason checks in over the radio, "Jason checking in" Jason reloads his Thundergun and places it back in the holster to re-charge as he waits for the rest of the team to check in.

"Phil, Two Claws. Check in" Jason waits for a response. With no response, Jason starts doing a perimeter sweep with his sensors. "Ok people, lets find them. While we do, does anyone know if these things will regenerate? If so, how do we stop them? Also, is there any part of them that is valuable; pelt, claws, teeth? Do they have a lair? Once we are finished here, we should back track them to see where they came from and if there is a further threat."

Once Phil and Two Claws are accounted for, Jason sees to searching the werewolves and looking for tracks.

Skills
OOC Comments
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 89% ))searching for threats, Phil, or Two Claws
((Perception: 62% / 1d100 = 12% )) searching werewolf bodies
((Track & Trap Animals--72/82% / 1d100 = 13% )) looking for where the werewolves came from
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:59 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 60 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 33

Leo shoulders his hammer, a bit red-faced. "Werewolves, eh? My hammer couldn't hurt 'em at all. Sorry I wasn't more help. Is that all of 'em?"

Jessie said only silver or magic can hurt them - maybe it's time to find myself a magic weapon.

Caslow bro wrote: "Lets get a head count, who's still alive?"


"Leo here, checking in."

Jason wrote:"Ok people, lets find them. While we do, does anyone know if these things will regenerate? If so, how do we stop them? Also, is there any part of them that is valuable; pelt, claws, teeth? Do they have a lair? Once we are finished here, we should back track them to see where they came from and if there is a further threat."


"On it, boss, I used to be a fair tracker back home." Leo gets to work trying to track the werewolves. He thinks about what he's heard of werewolves, to see if that might inform him on better ways to track them. He tries to follow backward from their arrival at this location, to find a trackable trail, while attempting to avoid terrain pitfalls or potential ambushes. Leo looks around for the easiest trail to track, and starts from there. If he loses a trail, he'll backtrack and try again. Hopefully these four separate trails lead to the same place.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 52 (Werewolves - FAIL)

Tracking rolls
Leo tracks the easiest-to-follow werewolf - four sets included but Leo only tries to follow the best set of tracks.

Track & Trap Animals 20% 1d100 = 85 (Werewolf 1 - FAIL)
    Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 5 (avoid being caught off guard - SUCCESS)
    Land Navigation 49% 1d100 = 53 (avoid natural terrain issues while tracking - FAIL)
    Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 58 (navigate past unavoidable natural terrain issues - FAIL)


Track & Trap Animals 20% 1d100 = 6 (Werewolf 2 - SUCCESS)
    Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 15 (avoid being caught off guard - SUCCESS)
    Land Navigation 49% 1d100 = 5 (avoid natural terrain issues while tracking - CRIT SUCCESS)
    Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 22 (navigate past unavoidable natural terrain issues - SUCCESS)


Track & Trap Animals 20% 1d100 = 38 (Werewolf 3 - FAIL)
    Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 73 (avoid being caught off guard - FAIL)
    Land Navigation 49% 1d100 = 60 (avoid natural terrain issues while tracking - FAIL)
    Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 25 (navigate past unavoidable natural terrain issues - SUCCESS)


Track & Trap Animals 20% 1d100 = 63 (Werewolf 4 - FAIL)
    Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 6 (avoid being caught off guard - SUCCESS)
    Land Navigation 49% 1d100 = 35 (avoid natural terrain issues while tracking - SUCCESS)
    Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 100 (navigate past unavoidable natural terrain issues - CRIT FAIL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:20 am

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d100 = 63 1d20 = 10
P.P.E.: 88/120
Empower Body Armour: 6hr Duration
Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (6hr Duration)
Fly as an Eagle (1/2 Charges used): 1hr Duration, 50mph/80kph

Sarik would land properly for a few moments as everyone gathered up. "Werewolves." He'd explain. "Pack hunters. May live in anything from a proper house to a den. They tend to be more animalistic compared to other werecreatures. Very fond of eating people. Packs are usually sized roughly two to twelve on average. So this may be all of them." he'd explain as he'd start to look about at the tracks they made to familiarize himself. "Hurt by Silver, Magic and psionics." he'd note rather calmly. He then looked over towards Leo "I can not do it here, but when we have time to make a proper camp where I can work a forge, and if we can obtain sufficient silver, I can work the silver into your hammer, so that it will provide useful against such foes in the future." he'd offer up as he sheathed his sword after cleaning off the blade, and holstered his pistol.

As he talked he tried to make sense of any tracks, though he wasn't specialized in tracking animals exactly...

Tracking (Humans & Robots) 72% 1d100 = 33

He then paused to make his way on over towards Leo, drawing the sword strapped to his back and offering it hilt first towards the man "For now, use this should we encounter them again. But know, that this is an ancestral blade. You will return it afterwards." He'd state under no certain circumstances, putting some extra emphasis on the word 'will', making it more a threat than anything. The sword itself was quite large, as was the handle. generally intended to be held with two hands, the huge Juicer would at least, have no issue holding onto it despite the difference in size between them.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 25

Matthew wrote:"Lets get a head count, whos still alive?"


"Dexter be here and kick'n, still."

Leo wrote:"Werewolves, eh? My hammer couldn't hurt 'em at all. Sorry I wasn't more help. Is that all of 'em?"


Dexter looks over at Leo, gives him a smile and tips his slightly up. He places the butt of his rifle on the ground and used it as a leaning post. "Well lad, me wouldn't say dat ye be all useless, now. You did cause a bit o' distraction. Keept'em busy fer da rested us. Besides, me sure dare gon'na be a time when me magics ain't gonna work and den we're gonna be head'n yer help, den." He glances about to see it everyone has returned and to make sure that the wereviles won't be getting back up. Hopefully these dam creatures don't get back up. Hate wast'n goot ammo. "So dose dat mean we're all here? A lair, ye say?! Dose dat mean dare be treasure in it? dexter starts getting excited but calms down when Sarik starts sharing his experience. "Oh. Me see. More like an animal hile than a home. Forgive me. Me gets a bit ex'cited when me bout treasure. Tho, me ain't sure what dese creatures fetch or used for. They be no use in building stuff. Sorry boss, me got nothi'n."

*Contingency*: If any of the werewolves start to come back to life Dexter will cast Magic Net (7) on them using his rifle as a focal point.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 77
Initiative: 1d20 = 4
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 79 /115 at end of post
Sense magic (4) - Range: 120 ft / Dur: 9m 45s remaining
Sense evil (2) - Range: 90 ft area / Dur: 9m 45s remaining
superhuman Strength (10) - SN ps 30 / PE 24 / Dur: 2m 15s remaining
Armor of Ithan (10) - Dur: 4m 45s remaining / MDC: 37/50

Skills - N/A



POST
Dhaltuun looks around. ” What the fuck?? That didn't go anywhere as planned. I need to learn some shit before I can call myself an adventurer. I need to check my ego.” He moves to check on Jessie. As he kneels by her for a quick examination, ” I am sorry m’lady. That went better in my head. I give you leave to speak plainly if you wish to continue in my service. If not, peace be with you.” He tends to her and then with a small bow of respect, he moves over to look at Cat. ” Maybe a little space and some time to let her decide. I am NOT one of those shifters who treat their minions badly. I may be young and make dumb mistakes but it is not out of malice, just ego.”

He gives his newest minion a quick once over as well. ” No injuries. Good. You did the right thing. I am sorry. My ego and inexperience nearly got us badly hurt. I will trust your instincts about things. We will help and learn from each other yes?” With affectionate scratch under the chin for the cat, Dhaltuun stands and gathers his courage and wits. He straightens his jacket and vest as he heads over to the others.

He will stand quietly to the side. Close enough to hear the conversation, but for enough away to not really be included. While listening, Dhaltuun closes his eyes ” Njord, Great father. I have failed today. My ego won over logic and I almost got my team hurt or killed. I wish to make amends. Please send me a sign. I see my mistake and will learn from it. With your continued blessing, it will be better.” He reopens his eyes. There is a new look of determination in them, and dhal stands a little straighter.

He tries to recall anything he has learned about werewolves. (( Lore: Demon 74% / 1d100 = 75 ))
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 77

Conditions:
- PPE: 222/242
- Armor of Ithan: 60/60 MDC; 5.75 minutes/23 melees duration remaining
- Thundergun: 3/6 shots remaining
- Nightvision (40’/12.2 m)

Consumer wrote:"Do you think that's all of them?" Comes over the radio, one of the Caslow Brothers. "Lets get a head count, whos still alive?" Matthew radios to the group. A series of affimatives from the Caslows come through save Phil or Two Claws.


Rufus keys his radio as he re-holsters his Thundergun. "Rufus and Scott, still kicking." Werewolves. Should have figured. Well at least that seems to be all of them for the moment. Might as well try and get a scent we can track back to its lair, for all the good it'll do in this kind of downpour... he grouses to himself as he moves up to the closest corpse.

Jason Long wrote:"Phil, Two Claws. Check in" Jason waits for a response. With no response, Jason starts doing a perimeter sweep with his sensors. "Ok people, lets find them. While we do, does anyone know if these things will regenerate? If so, how do we stop them? Also, is there any part of them that is valuable; pelt, claws, teeth? Do they have a lair? Once we are finished here, we should back track them to see where they came from and if there is a further threat."


"Working on that now..." Rufus nods as he sniffs the corpse as well as he can. As he tries to get a scent he tries to recall everything he can about werewolves -- their known habits, known abilities, how best to kill/dispose of them, anything that might come in handy.

No, he's NOT sniffing anyone's butt... buuuuuuuut...
1d100 = 41/56% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 17/70% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 49/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
1d100 = 59/46% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away -- 2nd attempt
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 52/77% (to remember anything about werewolves that might be relevant)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 95/67% (to remember any references to werewolves as creatures of magic)


Once he gets a scent he starts sniffing around, searching not only for a trail of the werewolves but also Two Claws. "Where were Phil and Claws staked out again?" He starts sniffing around in their last known location, hoping not to find what he thinks he may find when he gets there.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

PreviousNext

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests