A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 17, 111 PA 10:45 PM.
Weather: Building Thunderstorm; High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.

Skills
Jason: Sensory Equipment (searching for threats, Phil, or Two Claws): Most of the stuff that Jason can scan with is coming up with nothing save rain.
Perception (searching werewolf bodies): Will be addressed below.
Track & Trap Animals (looking for where the werewolves came from): Will be addressed below.
Leo:Lore: Demons & Monsters (Werewolves): Werewolves are a scary wolf-man creature and only silver works on them.
Track & Trap Animals (Werewolf): Will be Addressed below.
Detect Ambush (avoid being caught off guard): While there are many ambush points still available, the area seems to be safe now that the Werewolves are dead.
Land Navigation (avoid natural terrain issues while tracking): Meh, nothing happens to cause undue issues.
Wilderness Survival (navigate past unavoidable natural terrain issues): Meh, nothing happens to cause undue issues.
Sarik:Tracking (Humans & Robots): Will be addressed below.
Dhaltuun: Lore: Demon & Monsters (Werewolves?): Werewolves are a scary wolf-man creature and only silver works on them.
Rufus: Tracking with Blood Scent: Will be addressed below.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (to remember anything about werewolves that might be relevant): Variable as to whether they're pack hunters or not, Vulnerable to only Silver, Magic, and Psionics.
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (to remember any references to werewolves as creatures of magic): No clue.

Only the rain sir.

The two groups gather and make short work of policing the bodies which begin to change back into humans as they cool in the rain. Leaving four naked males laying on the broken pavement. The group tries their hardest to track the location of the Werewolves, but find the torrential downpour and the broken terrain has ruined any good tracks more than a block away. All searches for Two Claws and Phil come up with a pair of tracks that just stops midstride, like they were whisked off the face of the planet. In the end the groups reconvene, under a nearby overpass, that offers some protection from the rain.

Dhaltuun tries to apologize to his minions who seem unphased by the whole situation. The Panthera-Thrinax seems miserable in the rain, while Jessie seems unbothered by weather in general. "Dhaltuun, you did fine, you're alive and that's really all that matters. I'd advise you to consider a situation before acting as bait, but that's about it." Jessie says while looking into the storm.

Matthew speaks up shortly thereafter. "Well I think that about covers it. I'd say lets keep searching, but this weather is impossible for it. How about you meet us at Roma's tomorrow and we'll settle the debt between us." Matthew says as the Caslow brothers, begin putting the bodies in tarps and tie them up for cleaner transportation. "We'll take care of the bodies. Scott says as they begin hoisting them up and carrying them away.

Back at camp.

Salomón wrote:"HELLO!" he calls out loudly to the camp as he approaches. "Professor? Sarah? Rufus? Jason? Anyone?"

Bob gets up from his place at the fire and waves. "Yeah we're here." The Rottweiler breed dog boy says before sitting back down.

Salomón wrote:"Emergency family situation, my apologies" - and ask where the others are.

Bob shrugs. "They happen. Everyone is either out of camp, or sleeping." Bob says without much ado. "I figure they'll be back before tomorrow morning." Bob adds as he puts another few sticks on the fire.

Butcher's Bill wrote:Dhaltuun: - 26 P.P.E.
Effects Active:
Sarik:
Effects Active: Empower Body Armour (5:45:00), Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (5:45:00), Wings of Pronbida (0:45:00),
Rufus: -20 P.P.E.
Effect:
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Effect: Armor of Ithan (40/40 M.D.C.), Energy Field (Wall) (48/60 M.D.C.)
Jason: NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor (Main Body): 52/90 M.D.C.
Effects:
Jessie (Minion): Magic Chain Mail: 90/100 M.D.C.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Salomón » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 34
JIC (20): 1d20 = 16

Consumer wrote:
Back at camp.

Salomón wrote:"HELLO!" he calls out loudly to the camp as he approaches. "Professor? Sarah? Rufus? Jason? Anyone?"

Bob gets up from his place at the fire and waves. "Yeah we're here." The Rottweiler breed dog boy says before sitting back down.

Salomón wrote:"Emergency family situation, my apologies" - and ask where the others are.

Bob shrugs. "They happen. Everyone is either out of camp, or sleeping." Bob says without much ado. "I figure they'll be back before tomorrow morning." Bob adds as he puts another few sticks on the fire.

The High Magus greets Bob the Rottweiiler Dog Boy as if he had never left (which, being gone only a few days, is not far from the truth). "Bob, good to see you. So what's been happening the last few days? Where is Sarah?"

After catching up with Bob - presuming he is forthcoming about what has happened since Salomón left - the Amaki Stone-Man will settle into a dry and comfortable space (presuming there is still one available for him).

He will then politely excuse himself and get to work, given he likely has the evening to get some things finished, notifying Bob that he will need about 15 hours - preferably uninterrupted, if possible - to complete his task.

When he is in a (dry) space where he can focus, Salomón will cast Create Magic Scroll (-100 PPE) and create a scroll of Energy Sphere (-120 PPE), draining him of nearly every bit of his PPE.

Then, he will sit quietly and meditate to gain it all back. (ooc: Salomón gains 15 PPE per hour of meditation, so it will take him 14 hours and 40 minutes to completely replenish his PPE). Assuming all goes well, the Stone-Man will then cast Cleanse on himself to freshen up and go out to greet whomever is present from the Templar group, as meditation is just as refreshing as sleep for a High Magus.

Almost forgot to eat... he thinks to himself as he heads out to see the others and hopes to stumble upon another great Templar feast.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 237/237
P.P.E.: 221/221
I.S.P.: 57/57

Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Leo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:07 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 99

As Leo's attempt to track the werewolves back tot heir lair is fouled by the rain, he chuckles at himself. "Figures. The one time ya know how to do a thing, the situation is suboptimal." He remembers his dad saying that phrase time and again as his efforts to run a farm - as an ex-glitterboy - were routinely foiled by situations he had not predicted, or had wrongly estimated.

I honestly shoulda known better than to try to track them in the rain. Hopefully we got 'em all.

As the Caslows bag the human bodies of the werewolves, Leo turns away in dismay. As much death as I seen... it still shakes me. If he sees Sarik is uncomfortable in the Rain, he'll go stand by him, between him and the direction of the rainfall, to serve as a human shield. At my size, if I can't keep a friend dry at least, then what good am I?

When they head back to Char or to camp, Leo will bring up the rear, eyes and ears open.

Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 93 (FAIL)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Sarik » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d100 = 84 1d20 = 10
P.P.E.: 88/120
Effects Active: Empower Body Armour (5:45:00), Empower Weapons: Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (5:45:00), Wings of Pronbida (0:45:00)

(To successfully navigate back)
Land Navigation 72% 1d100 = 37

(To help navigate back or keep an eye out for useful items for making things. Bits of useful bone/hide/plants or what have you)
Wilderness Survival 67% 1d100 = 91

(To keep an eye out for useful plants on the way back)
Botany 42% 1d100 = 34

(To keep an eye out for ambushes/traps on the way back)
Detect Ambush: 72% 1d100 = 28
Trap & Mine Detection 57%1d100 = 95

Sarik was both mildly disappointed that the weather ruined any chances of tracking, and at the same time, not overly concerned about it. Most werewolf packs tended to be fairly small so they probably got them all. Probably.... he had a few doubts however, but none the less, there wasn't anything they could really do about it right now unfortunately. As to the others collecting the bodies? Well, he didn't think much of it. He would have buried them or something himself if others hadn't seen fit to take care of the bodies. They had been people once, or at least, something close enough to it he supposed....

He was quiet and somewhat reserved on the way back to camp, though the looming thunderstorm wasn't really helping that much. Still, with the charge used on his wings he'd take to the air to help scout about ahead of the party, as well as occasionally swoop about the sides and the like. Some of it was just pure sight seeing in a way. He'd keep an eye out for anything of interest or the like, but otherwise kept to himself.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.

Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None

Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half

Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jason Long » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 68

As the search for tracks was a bust, Jason returns to help with the bodies.

Consumer wrote:Matthew says as the Caslow brothers, begin putting the bodies in tarps and tie them up for cleaner transportation.

Jason stops the brothers. "Hold up for a minute. I need to examine the bodies." He uses his suit's sensors to record the human faces of the werewolves and any distinguishing marks on the bodies, like scars or tattoos. Since this is his first time handling werewolf corpses, Jason take his time to see if there are any characteristics on the human form which could indicate that a human is actually a werewolf.

Once his examination is complete, Jason helps wrap up the bodies for disposal. He asks Matthew, "How do you mean to dispose of them? Is there a ritual or do you simply burn them?"

Once Matthew and his team depart with the bodies, Jason switches his radio back to the team frequency. "Ok, Templar, good job keeping your heads and taking them down. Lets head back to the camp to make repairs. I'll need a hand repairing my armor. "

Jason returns with the camp with the rest of the team.

OOC Comments
((Sensory Equipment—67% / 1d100 = 39% Using sensors to record bodies and examine them ))
((Perception- 62% / 1d100 = 7% Examining the bodies for distinguishing marks or anything out of the ordinary))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 93 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 93
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 115 /115 at end of post

Skills - N/A
Wilderness Survival 64% / 1d100 = 57 - limit rain coming in shelter area
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 23 - salvage a meal

While the others try to track down the werewolf lair, Dhaltuun moves the bodies away from where the camp is. Dhaltuun then uses his knowledge and skills to manufacture a makeshift camp. After doing his best to limit the rain coming into thier little camp, Dhaltuun opens his pack and tries to make something of a meal for everyone.

After the meal, Dhaltuun packs up his gear, using the rain to wash up. Then with a “lets move!”, he gathers his minions and heads back to camp. ”Gather our gear and prep for travel. We are a mile or two away from base camp. We are gonna hike it.” As he sees Jessie’s armor, ’I will get someone to look at that when we get back.”

Consumer wrote:Matthew speaks up shortly thereafter. "Well I think that about covers it. I'd say lets keep searching, but this weather is impossible for it. How about you meet us at Roma's tomorrow and we'll settle the debt between us."

Dhaltuun hears this and just looks back with a raised eybrow. ”You better or i will call in help and hunt you down.” Then with a pfft, he turns back and leads his entiourage back to the prof’s camp.

Back at camp
Once they arrive back at camp, Dhaltuun heads to the behemoth. He takes his gear to his room, taking Cat with him. ”I am gonna grab a shower, you stay here.” He goes and cleans up. After a long shower, he returns to his room. Giving the cat a rough scratch around the ears,he says ”Good boy. This is our home away from home. Wait till you see the farm. For now, get comfy.” He heads off towards the kitchen. ”Vladamir!! Where are you?” As he walks, he keeps his eyes open for his minion. ”I wonder how the dino meat is doing?” Entering the kitchen, he does an visual inspection. Seeing everything is as he left it, Dhaltuun heads back outside.

Dhaltuun will wander around the camp and greet others as he sees them. ”Hey, how are ya?” ”Yeah, we are back.” ”Good to see ya.” Walking over to Jessie, ”get cleaned up. I will check about your armor.” He looks around for Dex. Upon seeing him, ”Cousin! I need a moment.” He clears his throat before continuing ”Jessie needs her armor repaired. I also ask for something in a collar to protect Cat.” While he awaits an answer he thinks of other projects for Dex and him to do. As he daydreams he sees Salomon. Looking back atDex, ”I will leave you with those. I trust they will be perfect. Excuse me.” He does a small head bow and moves to join Salomon. ”Hello my friend. How was your trip? All well i hope.” He looks at Salomon with a sincere look. ”If have time tomorrow, can i bend your ear? I cant stop thinking about those a?utomaton things you mentioned. I would very much like to leasrn more.” He takes a breath as he realizes he ids getting excited. ”After breakfast i should be free. Just come find me.”

Dhaltuun will help put away gear from the excursion before settling down for the night himself. As he lies inn his bunk, ”You know cat, We are in the wildest part of America i know. There must be lots of old stuff to find around here. I cant imagine the knowledge i could learn. I am gonna see if i can someoen to teach me or lend a book about dinosaurs. Maybe i can locate some lost magix.” He lets his mind roam as he falls asleep. He last thought is of Cat and himself atop a Tri tops mount leading a pack of tamed raptors.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 79

Dexter watches the Caslow brothers pile up the dead bodies. He shares his head in disbelief. See dhats why me always prefer machines over people. Dhey be less messy. Dexter sort of watches the team and the Caslows examine the bodies but mostly keeps a watch out for any straggling survivors.

Jason wrote:"Ok, Templar, good job keeping your heads and taking them down. Lets head back to the camp to make repairs. I'll need a hand repairing my armor. "

"Aye, boss. Me gotch'ya. Time ta get me hands dirty. " Dexter returns back to the camp with the rest of the Templars.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rufus » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 94

Conditions:
- PPE: 222/242
- Thundergun: 3/6 shots remaining
- Nightvision (40’/12.2 m)

Consumer wrote:The two groups gather and make short work of policing the bodies which begin to change back into humans as they cool in the rain. Leaving four naked males laying on the broken pavement. The group tries their hardest to track the location of the Werewolves, but find the torrential downpour and the broken terrain has ruined any good tracks more than a block away. All searches for Two Claws and Phil come up with a pair of tracks that just stops midstride, like they were whisked off the face of the planet. In the end the groups reconvene, under a nearby overpass, that offers some protection from the rain.

Rufus snarls in frustration as the trail evaporates into thin air (almost literally). If only Mati* were here. She was always the best tracker in the family -- though she may not have much better luck than we are given how bad the weather is at the moment. Two Claws, I hope you're okay. Wolvenar protect you. As he makes his way under the overpass, he tries to shake some of the excess water out of his fur before joining up with the others.

*Mother

Consumer wrote:Matthew speaks up shortly thereafter. "Well I think that about covers it. I'd say lets keep searching, but this weather is impossible for it. How about you meet us at Roma's tomorrow and we'll settle the debt between us." Matthew says as the Caslow brothers, begin putting the bodies in tarps and tie them up for cleaner transportation. "We'll take care of the bodies. Scott says as they begin hoisting them up and carrying them away.

Rufus nods. "Two Claws is a pretty capable fighter and I'm sure Phil can handle himself in a pretepu* as well. We will let you know if they show up at our camp. Could you please let us know if they show up on your end as well, even if it's only Phil?"

He helps as much as he can/is needed getting the werewolf bodies wrapped up and ready for carting off.

*brawl

Jason Long wrote:"Ok, Templar, good job keeping your heads and taking them down. Lets head back to the camp to make repairs. I'll need a hand repairing my armor. "

"Roger that," Rufus replies. There's a cleansing spell with my name on it when we get back. With any luck Two Claws will have made it back before us.

When he gets back to camp (and presumably doesn't find Two Claws there) he flags down Bob. "Well, the good news is that we dispatched a pack of werewolves and may be getting some leads for the professor out of the deal. The bad news is that Two Claws disappeared and we lost her trail in the downpour. As in it just vanished -- POOF! -- in mid-stride. We're hoping she and her hunt buddy just got separated and they'll show up here eventually." He gives Phil's description. "If you happen to see either one of them, please let us know okay? Thank you, moj prijatelj*."

*my friend

True to his inner word, the moment he gets back in the dry he casts Cleanse on himself to not only get rid of the grime and muck from traipsing around in the ruins but also to dry himself off. "Ahhhhhhh, that's so much better." As he's making his way around the camp however he notices a familiar face. A stony-looking familiar face. "Salomón?? You're back? WELCOME!" he sings out and gives him a pat on the shoulder/arm (as far up as he can reach, anyway). "Good to have you back, moj prijatelj*! You've missed quite a bit -- we will have to get caught up." If Leo's around he waves him over. "Leo, look who's back. You remember Sal, right?" If need be, he'll do more formal introductions now that the setting is more devoid of hostile spellcasting dinosaurs and spend a while getting Sal caught up before making one last round of 'checking in' with everyone (including doing a status check on Carny's AI) before turning in for the night.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Salomón » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:49 am

**rolls held**

Rufus wrote:True to his inner word, the moment he gets back in the dry he casts Cleanse on himself to not only get rid of the grime and muck from traipsing around in the ruins but also to dry himself off. "Ahhhhhhh, that's so much better." As he's making his way around the camp however he notices a familiar face. A stony-looking familiar face. "Salomón?? You're back? WELCOME!" he sings out and gives him a pat on the shoulder/arm (as far up as he can reach, anyway). "Good to have you back, moj prijatelj*! You've missed quite a bit -- we will have to get caught up." If Leo's around he waves him over. "Leo, look who's back. You remember Sal, right?" If need be, he'll do more formal introductions now that the setting is more devoid of hostile spellcasting dinosaurs and spend a while getting Sal caught up before making one last round of 'checking in' with everyone (including doing a status check on Carny's AI) before turning in for the night.

"Rufus!" exclaims the Stone-Man happily as he sees his friend and returns the pat, actually reaching out to clasp the diminutive Kankoran on the shoulder heartily. "Good to see you again, my friend. I'm sorry I had to leave so suddenly - family emergency, you know. All is well - yes, it seems we have much to discuss!" he says to Rufus with a smile. "I trust all is well with you?"

The High Magus greets Leo with a hearty handshake - and this time, the Amaki feels like the diminutive one (as most humanoids would in the presence of a hulking tank like Leo).

"My apologies for having to leave so suddenly, friend. Perhaps we can get to know each other better now that urgent matters are resolved. Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia, at your service - but you may call me Salomón, or just 'Sal', if you prefer," he says to the big man with a smile.
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)

Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:04 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 12:00 AM.
Weather: Thunderstorms; High: 85°F Low: 70°F
High Humidity.

Skills
Leo: Detect Ambush: Nothing seems out of the ordinary.
Sarik: Land Navigation (To successfully navigate back): Sarik remembers the way back to camp.
Wilderness Survival (To help navigate back or keep an eye out for useful items for making things. Bits of useful bone/hide/plants or what have you): Nothing is seen on the trip back, the weather is making small objects hard to see.
Botany: (To keep an eye out for useful plants on the way back): Nothing jumps out as useful, the weather is making it difficult to make out fine details.
Detect Ambush & Trap & Mine Detection (To keep an eye out for ambushes/traps on the way back): Nothing seems out of the ordinary.
Jason: Sensory Equipment (Using sensors to record bodies and examine them): As far as Jason can tell the pictures came out pretty clear.
Perception (Examining the bodies for distinguishing marks or anything out of the ordinary): They're scarred up humans with no real discernible features. ie They look like naked people who have lived a rough life in the semi-wilderness.
Dhaltuun: Wilderness Survival (limit rain coming in shelter area): Not much can be done without actual supplies, as you're in the middle of the street. and five minutes into looking for supplies is met with everyone leaving.
Cooking 64% (professional) (salvage a meal): I have no idea what this is for, Salvage what meal?

At Camp.
Salomón

Salomón wrote:"Bob, good to see you. So what's been happening the last few days? Where is Sarah?"

Bob shrugs. "Not much, we made our way back to base camp, Professors been talking with the locals to gather info on his next dig site, The Templar apparently are helping some locals with a monster hunt, haven't heard from them in a few hours, but that's not new. Sarah is likely in her bunk like I said before."

Salomón wrote:He will then politely excuse himself and get to work, given he likely has the evening to get some things finished, notifying Bob that he will need about 15 hours - preferably uninterrupted, if possible - to complete his task.

"Sure thing. I'm just keeping watch so I'm not going to bother you." Bob says, before Salomón finds a dry space to cast his spells.

In The Streets of Char.
Everyone but Salomón

The Templar make their way back together, as several members have failed to find sufficient tracks to follow. Jason stalls the Caslow brothers for a few minutes to take video of the now Human-shaped Werewolves.

Jason Long wrote:b]"How do you mean to dispose of them? Is there a ritual or do you simply burn them?"[/b]

Matthew chuckles. "Turning them in for the bounty. Likely they'll be incinerated. A popular method in these parts with Silas Skinwalker around. No one wants to see their loved ones come back as zombies or worse." Matthew answers. "I'll have the rifle for you guys tomorrow, and I should have someone your professor can talk to as well." Matthew adds while the Caslows hoist up the bodies now wrapped in old tarps over shoulders and begin moving off into the night.

Dhaltuun is still looking for a way to set up a makeshift camp when he notices everyone leaving. An hour later the team makes their way into their camp to find Salomón sitting off to the side meditating.

At Camp.
Everyone

Bob gets up from his spot near the fire. "Welcome back, Mr. Salomón said he didn't want to be disturbed..." The sentence falls off as Leo disturbs the Stone-man.

Rufus wrote:"Salomón?? You're back? WELCOME!" he sings out and gives him a pat on the shoulder/arm (as far up as he can reach, anyway). "Good to have you back, moj prijatelj*! You've missed quite a bit -- we will have to get caught up. Leo, look who's back. You remember Sal, right?"

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:He does a small head bow and moves to join Salomon. ”Hello my friend. How was your trip? All well i hope.” He looks at Salomon with a sincere look. ”If have time tomorrow, can i bend your ear? I cant stop thinking about those a?utomaton things you mentioned. I would very much like to leasrn more.” He takes a breath as he realizes he ids getting excited. ”After breakfast i should be free. Just come find me.”

Salomón wrote:"Rufus!" exclaims the Stone-Man happily as he sees his friend and returns the pat, actually reaching out to clasp the diminutive Kankoran on the shoulder heartily. "Good to see you again, my friend. I'm sorry I had to leave so suddenly - family emergency, you know. All is well - yes, it seems we have much to discuss!" he says to Rufus with a smile. "I trust all is well with you?"

The High Magus greets Leo with a hearty handshake - and this time, the Amaki feels like the diminutive one (as most humanoids would in the presence of a hulking tank like Leo).

"My apologies for having to leave so suddenly, friend. Perhaps we can get to know each other better now that urgent matters are resolved. Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia, at your service - but you may call me Salomón, or just 'Sal', if you prefer," he says to the big man with a smile.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Walking over to Jessie, ”get cleaned up. I will check about your armor.”

Jessie shrugs. "I don't think the Techno Wizard can fix my armor, but feel free to ask I guess." Jessie says before finding a spot to sit near the fire and dry off.

Some other conversations go on, and some teammates head to bed.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun will help put away gear from the excursion before settling down for the night himself. As he lies inn his bunk, ”You know cat, We are in the wildest part of America i know. There must be lots of old stuff to find around here. I cant imagine the knowledge i could learn. I am gonna see if i can someoen to teach me or lend a book about dinosaurs. Maybe i can locate some lost magix.”

The Panthera-Thrinax looks at Dhaltuun like a cow staring at a fence post, as it has no idea what he's talking about.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Salomón » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 94/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 29
JIC(20): 1d20 = 8

Conditions:

Sorry I missed this previously! wrote:Dhaltuun: Back at camp

Dhaltuun will wander around the camp and greet others as he sees them. ”Hey, how are ya?” ”Yeah, we are back.” ”Good to see ya.” Walking over to Jessie, ”get cleaned up. I will check about your armor.” He looks around for Dex. Upon seeing him, ”Cousin! I need a moment.” He clears his throat before continuing ”Jessie needs her armor repaired. I also ask for something in a collar to protect Cat.” While he awaits an answer he thinks of other projects for Dex and him to do. As he daydreams he sees Salomon. Looking back atDex, ”I will leave you with those. I trust they will be perfect. Excuse me.” He does a small head bow and moves to join Salomon. ”Hello my friend. How was your trip? All well i hope.” He looks at Salomon with a sincere look. ”If have time tomorrow, can i bend your ear? I cant stop thinking about those a?utomaton things you mentioned. I would very much like to leasrn more.” He takes a breath as he realizes he ids getting excited. ”After breakfast i should be free. Just come find me.”

"Good to see you again, my shifter friend! And how is your Valkyrie companion?" replies the High Magus, not forgetting about Jessie. "Listen, I couldn't help but overhear you mention something to Dexter about Jessie's armor. What's wrong with it? I have some skill in that area, please let me know if I can help. Oh, and the trip was... too brief, but I learned some valuable things and met some interesting people, and the family emergency got resolved. So, in all, a whirlwind of activity, but productive. Sure, we can talk about Automatons tomorrow, no problem. Have a good evening." Salomón politely nods as Dhaltuun walks away.

The Stone-Man will then go back to what he was doing: casting and meditating.

The next morning, if the Amaki sees Jason Long, he reacquaints himself and apologizes for his previous hasty departure, citing the family emergency. "I hear the Templar have been on some sort of monster hunt?" he says with interest.

I wonder what sort of monsters they were looking for? he thinks. He will also look around for Two Claws, before assuming she may have just wandered off to hunt something or do her thing. She had been a bit of a loner for the brief period he had known her before, anyhow.

He will also greet Dexter. "Ahh, master Dwarf - how goes the Techno-Wizardry? Any new developments in my brief absence?" he says with a smile to Dexter.

If he sees Sarik (which, given the current demographics of the group, seems likely), he'll mention to Jason, "I don't think I've met that one before, who are they?" If he hears anything about Magebane or anti-magic, etc., the High Magus will be a bit perplexed.

Why on Earth would anyone want to be against magic, unless he is part of the Coalition States...?

When he sees Sarah, Salomón will greet her: "Hello again, Miss Sarah. I have returned after handling some emergency family business. Have you had any luck finding the Witch's Eye plant yet?" he asks hopefully and with a gleam in his eye.
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Endurance and Athletics
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sarik » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d100 = 32 1d20 = 16
P.P.E.: 88/120

Sarik would eye up the new arrival once the group returned to camp, and land near by before folding up the wings that bore him aloft. Salomon would perhaps be even more perplexed when it would be quite evident that Sarik utilized magic himself. Granted it seemed to be of the technowizard or enchanted item sort but magic none the less! The enchanted wings and the technowizard pistols he carried, not to mention the great sword he bore were all clearly representing a variety of magical use. Great, another mage to look out for. Sarik initially thought, then mentally bit back the hostility on the way he'd thought the word mage. Sarik knew deep down that far from every mage was evil but still, his training was... well, very disapproving of such individuals. None the less, he'd still introduce himself, at least in part, after everyone else offered up their greetings. "Sarik Osefice Rasharr of Clan Rasharr." he'd say rather formally. Though he deliberately left out what it was he did, or was.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
Modifiers:

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Magic Features

• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half

• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Salomón » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:00 am

**rolls held**

Sarik wrote:Sarik would eye up the new arrival once the group returned to camp, and land near by before folding up the wings that bore him aloft. Salomon would perhaps be even more perplexed when it would be quite evident that Sarik utilized magic himself. Granted it seemed to be of the technowizard or enchanted item sort but magic none the less! The enchanted wings and the technowizard pistols he carried, not to mention the great sword he bore were all clearly representing a variety of magical use. Great, another mage to look out for. Sarik initially thought, then mentally bit back the hostility on the way he'd thought the word mage. Sarik knew deep down that far from every mage was evil but still, his training was... well, very disapproving of such individuals.

Fascinating... thinks the High Magus as he notices Sarik's sword (especially) and other magically-oriented devices, as well as the unusual but mundane ones, when the Magebane approaches.

Sarik wrote:None the less, he'd still introduce himself, at least in part, after everyone else offered up their greetings. "Sarik Osefice Rasharr of Clan Rasharr." he'd say rather formally. Though he deliberately left out what it was he did, or was.

"Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia, at your service," replies the Amaki politely with a slight bow and incline of his head. "You may simply call me Salomón, or Sal, if you prefer," he follows up with a warm smile.

If Sarik is amiable and friendly, the High Magus continues.

He gestures toward Rasharr's Fang: "I could not help but notice the fine blade you carry there. A blade nearly as long as its wielder is a hard thing to miss, after all. Might I inquire as to its origin?" he says curiously to Sarik.

"I'm afraid I don't have one quite as large - or enchanted - as yours, but it is of fine dwarven quality and will serve aptly for now - at least until I learn to enchant it later." he says.

If Sarik seems interested in continuing their conversation or asks: "I am a High Magus by profession - one of the Magi of Dweomer. My focus is on the most mighty spells and rituals, creation, building, and healing," he says, and then quickly follows with: "That isn't to say that I can't defend myself, so don't worry - I'm not your stereotypical bookworm who is good for nothing else. Combat isn't my specialty, but I do have some skill at it, and though my Aikido training is not offensive in nature, it serves me well enough in my time of need," says the Stone-Man. He then glances over at Dexter, Dhaltuun, and Rufus, and remarks, "Come to think of it, I suppose none of us Templar magic-users fit the stereotypical mold..." thoughtfully.
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Endurance and Athletics
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sarik » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:28 am

*Rolls carried*
Salomón wrote:"Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia, at your service," replies the Amaki politely with a slight bow and incline of his head. "You may simply call me Salomón, or Sal, if you prefer," he follows up with a warm smile.

"It is generally considered sufficiently appropriate for one to refer to me simply as Sarik." The youngish pantheran would respond in kind, lifting his helmet off and tucking it under an arm. This was more as a courtesy really, though it did mean local radiation would spike somewhat in the area (Since Pantheran were mildly radioactive themselves). It would also expose his almost solid milky white eyes, that one might initially mistake for being blind. There were normal pupil and irises however, though they were a very faint, equally milky (And extremely faint) blueish colour. Despite outward appearance, he did appear to see just fine. The white eyes would especially stand out however, against the very inky dark pelt typical of his kind.

Salomón wrote:If Sarik is amiable and friendly, the High Magus continues.

He gestures toward Rasharr's Fang: "I could not help but notice the fine blade you carry there. A blade nearly as long as its wielder is a hard thing to miss, after all. Might I inquire as to its origin?" he says curiously to Sarik.

"I'm afraid I don't have one quite as large - or enchanted - as yours, but it is of fine dwarven quality and will serve aptly for now - at least until I learn to enchant it later." he says.

"It is a very old family blade. Quite serviceable all this time later, but I try not to use it too much, truth be told."
Sarik would openly admit. "Sadly it's either no longer as powerful as it once was, or, perhaps simply just modern enchantments tend to be stronger I suppose. Then again it was forged for a somewhat singular purpose as well, so that may have some bearing upon it. It's intended more to combat Demonic and Deviil forces."

Salomón wrote:If Sarik seems interested in continuing their conversation or asks: "I am a High Magus by profession - one of the Magi of Dweomer. My focus is on the most mighty spells and rituals, creation, building, and healing," he says, and then quickly follows with: "That isn't to say that I can't defend myself, so don't worry - I'm not your stereotypical bookworm who is good for nothing else. Combat isn't my specialty, but I do have some skill at it, and though my Aikido training is not offensive in nature, it serves me well enough in my time of need," says the Stone-Man. He then glances over at Dexter, Dhaltuun, and Rufus, and remarks, "Come to think of it, I suppose none of us Templar magic-users fit the stereotypical mold..." thoughtfully.

Sarik took a few moments to process that information. High Magus? And from Dweomer of all places.. he wasn't exactly sure how he felt about such matters, truth be told.... mixed feelings was perhaps the best description. The mention of Akido however drew his attention, and a notable perk of his feline ears. "I do not meet many fellow practitioners of Akido." he'd admit, announcing himself as a practitioner of the martial art as well. Interesting... perhaps one of the better Mages out there after all. Sarik's attention would drift about to the various magic users that comprised the Templar, a group perhaps most Magebane would be quite loath to travel with... and certainly not without a serious dose of paranoia. His attention turned back to Sal "This is true." he'd agree to the last bit. "By the ancient language of my people, I would simply be what was called 'spirit touched'. By that simple descriptor, it covered anyone with unusual abilities. use of magic, psionics, what your kind would call 'super powers' and similar things. These days however, seem to be exceedingly different from those of my childhood, though it was far from the norm of my people as was..." he paused again as he debated how much to actually mention, but decided there was little harm in delving further into both his race, and himself. "That would have been many generations ago however. It seems through one means or another, I've come through a millennia or more worth of time. When I was a child, my people were under the boot heel of a race called the Atorian, and their assorted slave races. Seeking to make my kind much the same as well as ravage our world for their own purposes. Mostly to turn it into a so called 'energy planet', though I... admittedly don't really know what that actually means. I was far too young at the time. Some of us were... saved by ancients of our kind. I suppose one might consider them members of our gods pantheon, should I properly understand the usage of the human term. Eventually the demonic forces found us again and I was sent through a rift to this world by my mother, and found and trained as a youth."

"I am however, what your kind would call...." he'd trail off again, eyeing Sal somewhat defensively, as well as the other magic users about "A magebane. Hunters of mages." he'd state rather simply after a moment "Though specifically those that turn to evil." he assured "Granted some of our order are... overzealous...."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
Modifiers:

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Magic Features

• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 61
Initiative: 1d20 = 14

Conditions:

Skills - N/A
Wilderness Survival 64% / 1d100 = 3 - limit rain coming in shelter area
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 84 - salvage a meal

Dhaltuun will get up early. After a quick shower, he finds Vladamir. ”How is the dino meat doing? I am back. Now you can show me what you have been doing whiile i was away.” He follows Vlad to where the meat is marinating. He pulls out his notebook and compares his notes to what he sees. He checks the settings, and then spices used, finally, he dips a finger in the jouice to get a taste. ”Not bad. You have done well, Vlad.” With a sigh, Dhaltuun turns to leave. As he moves thru the door, ”Get at it. Yo ugot this. I am gonna go see what thew others are up to. I will be back.” Snickering as he recalls a story once told by his dad. ’Remind s me of the story Da told me about the robots who took over, except one who tried to help humans. Cant put my finger on it, but it is there.” He heads out to see what the others have planned.

When he sees Sal, ”Ahh!! My friend, i am glad you are back.” He listens as Salomon speaks. ”Hehe. Well, it got a little banged up while fighting a pack of werewolves. She did well, i am proud. So if you could take a look, i would appreciate it.” He starts to head off, when he turns back and looks at Sal with a seriuos look. ”I am interested in those Automoton things. After i do some personal errands, i will love to pick your brain.”[b/] With a nod, Dhaltuun heads off.

As he wanders the camp, Dhaltuun muses ”These past few days have not been as good as i wanted. I need to gather my thoughts and get my shit in order.’ With a whistle, he calls Marcella to him. As she lands on his shoulder, he fishes out a piece of jerky for her. [b]”We are running low. Soon time to make more. What say we go hunting? We can practice our signals at the same time.”
((EP purchase Falconry skill)) Dhaltuun heads to his room and gathers his gear for training and hunting.

As he leaves his room with his gear, he takes one last look around. ”You know?? I should find out how long we are here? Maybe head out on my own for a bit. I can always rift back.” With a shrug, he lets the idea slip away and heads out to find Jason. When he sees Jason, ”I am gonna go hunting. I need to make more jerky and blow off some steam. I will ask if anyone else wants to come.” He will wait a moemt before using his radio. ”Dhal here. I am gonna go on a quick hunting trip. Anyone want to tag along?”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
OOC Comments

Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:

Nightvision 300 feet
Augmented P.S.

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action

Sense Rifts
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Salomón » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:07 pm

**rolls held**
Sarik wrote:*
"It is generally considered sufficiently appropriate for one to refer to me simply as Sarik." The youngish pantheran would respond in kind, lifting his helmet off and tucking it under an arm. This was more as a courtesy really, though it did mean local radiation would spike somewhat in the area (Since Pantheran were mildly radioactive themselves). It would also expose his almost solid milky white eyes, that one might initially mistake for being blind. There were normal pupil and irises however, though they were a very faint, equally milky (And extremely faint) blueish colour. Despite outward appearance, he did appear to see just fine. The white eyes would especially stand out however, against the very inky dark pelt typical of his kind.

Intriguing... thinks the Sorcerer as he sees Sarik's eyes. Spending years learning his craft at Dweomer, The High Magus has seen many strange and wondrous things, so he is not alarmed or taken aback. At the same time, it never ceases to amaze the Amaki - this diverse range of expression found in lifeforms in the Multiverse.

Sarik wrote:"It is a very old family blade. Quite serviceable all this time later, but I try not to use it too much, truth be told." Sarik would openly admit. "Sadly it's either no longer as powerful as it once was, or, perhaps simply just modern enchantments tend to be stronger I suppose. Then again it was forged for a somewhat singular purpose as well, so that may have some bearing upon it. It's intended more to combat Demonic and Deviil forces."

"And what a terrible scourge it must lay upon the evil hosts, at that!" says Salomón with a grin. "Though a singular purpose, 'tis a worthy one, in my estimation."

Sarik wrote:"I do not meet many fellow practitioners of Akido." he'd admit, announcing himself as a practitioner of the martial art as well.

Salomón is pleasantly surprised to find another practitioner of the rare martial artform. What are the odds? he thinks.

"Neither do I, my feline friend. Some randori might do us both good. How fortuitous that we met!" says Salomón, clearly enthusiastic that he might have a practice partner.

He then looks at Sarik and asks, "Ryūgaku-chū ni nihongo mo aruteido shūtoku dekimashita ka?"
Translation
"Were you able to pick up some of the Japanese language during your studies as well?"

Sarik wrote:His attention turned back to Sal "This is true." he'd agree to the last bit. "By the ancient language of my people, I would simply be what was called 'spirit touched'. By that simple descriptor, it covered anyone with unusual abilities. use of magic, psionics, what your kind would call 'super powers' and similar things. These days however, seem to be exceedingly different from those of my childhood, though it was far from the norm of my people as was..." he paused again as he debated how much to actually mention, but decided there was little harm in delving further into both his race, and himself. "That would have been many generations ago however. It seems through one means or another, I've come through a millennia or more worth of time. When I was a child, my people were under the boot heel of a race called the Atorian, and their assorted slave races. Seeking to make my kind much the same as well as ravage our world for their own purposes. Mostly to turn it into a so called 'energy planet', though I... admittedly don't really know what that actually means. I was far too young at the time. Some of us were... saved by ancients of our kind. I suppose one might consider them members of our gods pantheon, should I properly understand the usage of the human term. Eventually the demonic forces found us again and I was sent through a rift to this world by my mother, and found and trained as a youth."

"Altorian, you said? I can't say I've ever heard of them," intones the Magus. "That should not, however, be particularly surprising, given I hail from South America. My own people, the Amaki... also known as the Stone-Men, because of.. well..." - here, he pauses and gestures at his own face and skin, which resembles a sort of dark bronze-colored, marbled, stone.

With a faraway look in his eye, the Amaki says,"We, too, are from another world... but I have not been there..."

Sarik wrote:"I am however, what your kind would call...." he'd trail off again, eyeing Sal somewhat defensively, as well as the other magic users about "A magebane. Hunters of mages." he'd state rather simply after a moment "Though specifically those that turn to evil." he assured "Granted some of our order are... overzealous...."

Salomón's right eyebrow raises when he hears the Pantheran describe his profession, as it were. He pauses and ponders for a moment, searching for the right words.

Then: "If ever there were a lot of sorry souls that needed hunting, friend Magebane, the despicable and evil persons who use magic to consort gleefully with supernatural evil and join with it willingly are they. I applaud your noble profession and stand ready to join you in your quest. Some corrupting influences simply cannot be ignored if one is to do one's best to stamp out the hosts of hell!" says the High Magus with conviction as he stamps his foot for dramatic effect.

Dhatuun Onyxforge wrote:At Camp.When he sees Sal, ”Ahh!! My friend, i am glad you are back.” He listens as Salomon speaks. ”Hehe. Well, it got a little banged up while fighting a pack of werewolves. She did well, i am proud. So if you could take a look, i would appreciate it.” He starts to head off, when he turns back and looks at Sal with a serious look. ”I am interested in those Automoton things. After I do some personal errands, i will love to pick your brain.” With a nod, Dhaltuun heads off.

Salomón nods and smiles at Dhaltuun. "Yes! You mentioned that earlier. I will be happy to discuss the Automatons of Dweomer with you at your leisure. And of course - I will see what can be done about the armor. Pease, if i do not see her before you do, convey my congratulations at her success in battle. She does her kind proud- of that, I have no doubt."

When Dhaltuun's message crackles over the radio, Sal does not reply, concerning himself with fully replenishing his magical (PPE) reserves before making time for other adventures. If anyone were to approach him personally, however, he will pause to address them politely and briefly before returning to his meditation until it is complete.
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Endurance and Athletics
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sarik » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:23 pm

*Rolls Carried Over*

Salomón wrote:Salomón is pleasantly surprised to find another practitioner of the rare martial artform. What are the odds? he thinks.

"Neither do I, my feline friend. Some randori might do us both good. How fortuitous that we met!" says Salomón, clearly enthusiastic that he might have a practice partner.

He then looks at Sarik and asks, [b]"Ryūgaku-chū ni nihongo mo aruteido shūtoku dekimashita ka?"

Sarik would tilt his head ever so slightly and peer at Solomon "I'm sorry, I do not understand that language." he'd admit "I do have a translator capable of translating most, if not all spoken languages however." he'd explain, pulling out a TW Translator to hold up from one of his pouches. "I thought it would be handy for such things, especially as my own language is not native to this world, or indeed dimension."

Salomón wrote:"Altorian, you said? I can't say I've ever heard of them," intones the Magus. "That should not, however, be particularly surprising, given I hail from South America. My own people, the Amaki... also known as the Stone-Men, because of.. well..." - here, he pauses and gestures at his own face and skin, which resembles a sort of dark bronze-colored, marbled, stone.

With a faraway look in his eye, the Amaki says,"We, too, are from another world... but I have not been there..."

"A-Tor-ian." Sarik would softly correct. "You sound much like me." he'd respond, shaking his head a little bit "I was born on my world, but I do not remember it. Not that it would matter much, it would no longer be the same as it once was." he'd explain "Too much time has passed, even if it had not been for the Atorians."

Salomón wrote:Salomón's right eyebrow raises when he hears the Pantheran describe his profession, as it were. He pauses and ponders for a moment, searching for the right words.

Then: "If ever there were a lot of sorry souls that needed hunting, friend Magebane, the despicable and evil persons who use magic to consort gleefully with supernatural evil and join with it willingly are they. I applaud your noble profession and stand ready to join you in your quest. Some corrupting influences simply cannot be ignored if one is to do one's best to stamp out the hosts of hell!" says the High Magus with conviction as he stamps his foot for dramatic effect.

Sarik was mildly surprised that Solomon not only took the news well, but indeed, seemed to agree with the viewpoint held by the Magebanes. "True. The issue is that many mages do not always intend to do so, but eventually become corrupted by the power offered. Not all do, of course, but many. The Federation is proof of this."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
Modifiers:

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Magic Features

• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Leo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:32 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 75

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 48

When Leo sees Salomon has return, he grins widely and goes to shake the man's hand, which turns into a hug.

HEY! I... it's good to see you man!" All too often in this world, people leave and... and that's the last you see of them. This is a dangerous world and you never know if your goodbye is gonna be permanent.

Salomon wrote:"My apologies for having to leave so suddenly, friend. Perhaps we can get to know each other better now that urgent matters are resolved. Salomón Alejandro Isandro Eugenio Hernandez de Neuva Babylonia, at your service - but you may call me Salomón, or just 'Sal', if you prefer,"

Leo smiles. "That's quite a name - you'd fit right in at our dinner table." He chuckles at his inner joke.

A serious expression crosses his face as he lets the Amaki down. "Family situation all good? I know what that's like - I got some loose ends to tie up when we get back to civilization. My people probably think I'm dead, it's been so long."

For a moment, Leo is concerned when Sarik says he's a magebane. I've heard of them - some of them are zealots - don't care who they're hunting or why, only that they're mages... Sarik seems like a decent guy though. When Salomon remains unthreatened, Leo breathes a sigh of relief, and his characteristic smile returns to his face.

As he and Sarik talk of their homeworlds, and their struggles, Leo speaks up. "My family has a saying: 'Home is where, if you gotta go there, they gotta let you in'." He chuckles. "You're home now - Earth is your home."

Dhaltuun wrote:”Dhal here. I am gonna go on a quick hunting trip. Anyone want to tag along?”

Leo smiles. "I'm an amateur hunter at best, but I'd be happy to tag along."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Salomón » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:20 pm

**rolls held**

Sarik wrote:Sarik would tilt his head ever so slightly and peer at Solomon "I'm sorry, I do not understand that language." he'd admit "I do have a translator capable of translating most, if not all spoken languages however." he'd explain, pulling out a TW Translator to hold up from one of his pouches. "I thought it would be handy for such things, especially as my own language is not native to this world, or indeed dimension."

"Ahh, I see. My apologies - it is Japanese, the language of the land that invented the art. At least, here on Rifts Earth. It would be fascinating to discover it was created elsewhere as well... though, the principles apply Megaversally, as it were, I'd imagine. I was simply asking if you learned the language as part of your studies. I learned the art - and language, for that matter - from my mother, who is Japanese."

When Sarik pulls out the TW translator, Sal nods and exlaims, "A useful device indeed! The spell it uses - Tongues - is a crucial part of my repertoire. Don't leave home without it!" he jokes and winks at the Pantheran. He pauses for a moment, and then thoughtfully adds, "You know, Techno-Wizardry is popular in New Babylon as well... but we also have developed a sort of variation that uses psionic energy as the power source. It is quite popular. Perhaps someday, I will bring one of these devices from my homeland and show it to you, if you're interested. We call the study of such marvels 'Gadgeteering' and it is quite popular there."

Sarik wrote:"A-Tor-ian." Sarik would softly correct. "You sound much like me." he'd respond, shaking his head a little bit "I was born on my world, but I do not remember it. Not that it would matter much, it would no longer be the same as it once was." he'd explain "Too much time has passed, even if it had not been for the Atorians."

"Apologies, friend - and thank you for the correction. Myself, I was born here ... in South America. The Amaki settled there... oh, maybe a century or so after the Great Cataclysm that decimated this planet, and settled there after our explorers discovered it. Rich land - both magically, and in minerals as well. We get along so well with the humans in the area, a sizable chunk of them have even migrated to our homeworld!" he says with a grin.

Then, with a curious look, he asks Sarik, "What do your people call themselves, Sarik?"

Sarik wrote:Sarik was mildly surprised that Solomon not only took the news well, but indeed, seemed to agree with the viewpoint held by the Magebanes. "True. The issue is that many mages do not always intend to do so, but eventually become corrupted by the power offered. Not all do, of course, but many. The Federation is proof of this."

Salomón nods gravely. "The so-called 'True' Federation of Alistair Dunscon is an excellent example of what happens when people allow corruption to seep into their hearts and gain a foothold. Magic is a powerful tool...much like your translator and sword... but it must be used with wisdom and guile, lest the magic-user lust for the power too greatly and risk their very soul - as has happened with Dunscon and his 'True' Federation. One must take great care when using such a powerful tool... which can be used, like any tool, for good or for evil."

Seems like a fine enough fellow. And... he thinks, glancing at Sarik's huge blade, ... one I'd like on my side in any conflict against supernatural evil.

Leo wrote:When Leo sees Salomon has return, he grins widely and goes to shake the man's hand, which turns into a hug.

HEY! I... it's good to see you man!"

Sal is a bit surprised when the big man reaches beyond the handshake and clasps him in a bear hug, but he laughs as he realizes Leo's action as that of good-natured affection.

Leo wrote:Leo smiles. "That's quite a name - you'd fit right in at our dinner table." He chuckles at his inner joke.

A serious expression crosses his face as he lets the Amaki down. "Family situation all good? I know what that's like - I got some loose ends to tie up when we get back to civilization. My people probably think I'm dead, it's been so long."

The Amaki nods. "All is well. Fortunately, it was... well, we didn't know it at the time, but it turned out to be, mostly, anyhow... a sort of false alarm, one might say. But all are well. Himari - my sister - well, she's got a bit of fire in her, and sometimes her refusal to back down causes problems. But, all's well now. Thank you for asking. When are you able to see your people again? And... forgive me if I missed it, but where did you say you are from again?"

Leo wrote:As he and Sarik talk of their homeworlds, and their struggles, Leo speaks up. "My family has a saying: 'Home is where, if you gotta go there, they gotta let you in'." He chuckles. "You're home now - Earth is your home."

"Well spoken, Leo... well spoken indeed," says the Amaki approvingly.

He looks at them both: "There is a saying that I find quite appropriate for this moment: 'Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong.'"

Perhaps we'll be able to visit each other's homes someday... he thinks as he remembers his new Rift Cards.
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Endurance and Athletics
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 7

Dexter participates in all the greetings when they return to camp. His ears perk when Shrik pulls out a TW device.
Salomon wrote:"Ahh, master Dwarf - how goes the Techno-Wizardry? Any new developments in my brief absence?"

Looking up at the stone man, Dexter adjust his hat and shakes his head in disappointment. "Nye, lad. Me ain't got much work dun. Data's why us TWs don't do field work, can't get any work dun. Ya' know me might have to look into gett'n a mobile shop or sumting." After t ou NHS calm.down from his return, Dexter wanders off to inspect the vehicles. He also makes a round to seed if anyone needs some repair work on their armor or weapons.
Skill Roll
Basic Mechanics 60% / 1d100 = 42 - inspect the vehicles for make as sure they are ready for duty
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 50% / 1d100 = 74 - repair any armors that needs fixing
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jason Long » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Perception:1d100 = 63 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 15

In Town
[
Consumer wrote:Matthew chuckles. "Turning them in for the bounty. Likely they'll be incinerated. A popular method in these parts with Silas Skinwalker around. No one wants to see their loved ones come back as zombies or worse." Matthew answers. "I'll have the rifle for you guys tomorrow, and I should have someone your professor can talk to as well." Matthew adds while the Caslows hoist up the bodies now wrapped in old tarps over shoulders and begin moving off into the night.

"Sounds good. I had some business I wanted to check on in town anyways before heading back."Jason accompanies Matthew's team as far as the edge of town. Once thereHe parts ways with Matthew and speaks with the town guards. If they have a way of viewing it, Jason will show them the human faces of the werewolves to see if they are recognized. If he strikes out there, Jason head back to Chamberlain Arms. Maybe they will know something, if not, there was the ammunition issue I wanted to ask him about...

Once there, Jason strikes up a conversation with the old man. Jason will show the images of the werewolves to the old man. "Do you know any of these men or have you seen them around town before I am trying to determine if they are part of a larger group or if anyone knows anything about them." If the old man knows anything, Jason will probe to get all the information he can. If not, or once Jason has learned all he can, he brings up the other point of his visit.

"The last time I was here, you mentioned that local kids found a pile of spent casings for a railgun. It was two hundred of them, in fact. Do you happen to where they were found? I'm not asking to cheat you out of any salvage. You see, my employer is researching battlefields in the area. For someone to have fired two hundred rounds, that would have had to be quite the fight. It may not be what my employer is looking for, but I would like to get him the information anyways."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rufus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 74

Conditions:
- PPE: 222/242
- Thundergun: 3/6 shots remaining
- Nightvision (40’/12.2 m)

Rufus facepalms a bit as Sarik and Sal start talking. Blast. Forgot all about the newest of the new guys.

He listens ask their conversation unfolds right up until Sarik mentions being a 'magebane.' That's information that could have been useful to know earlier... he muses as he raises an eyebrow. "A Magebane, eh? I've heard of your kind before but never figured I'd meet one under such... amicable... circumstances." Guess when you get right down to it though it's not much different from a robot pilot hunting other robot pilots or lawbringers bringing down gunslingers.

Salomón wrote:"If ever there were a lot of sorry souls that needed hunting, friend Magebane, the despicable and evil persons who use magic to consort gleefully with supernatural evil and join with it willingly are they. I applaud your noble profession and stand ready to join you in your quest. Some corrupting influences simply cannot be ignored if one is to do one's best to stamp out the hosts of hell!" says the High Magus with conviction as he stamps his foot for dramatic effect.

"Well, when you put it that way..." Rufus chuckles. A little over the top, but can't argue with the logic.

Sarik wrote:Sarik was mildly surprised that Solomon not only took the news well, but indeed, seemed to agree with the viewpoint held by the Magebanes. "True. The issue is that many mages do not always intend to do so, but eventually become corrupted by the power offered. Not all do, of course, but many. The Federation is proof of this."

Salomón wrote:Salomón nods gravely. "The Federation is an excellent example of what happens when people allow corruption to seep into their hearts and gain a foothold. Magic is a powerful tool...much like your translator and sword... but it must be used with wisdom and guile, lest the magic-user lust for the power too greatly and risk their very soul - as has happened with Dunscon and the Federation of Magic. One must take great care when using such a powerful tool... which can be used, like any tool, for good or for evil."

"My uncle Cato illustrated that idea with his favorite axe once, right after I arrived in Lazlo..." Rufus chimes in. "He could use it to cut wood for a fire, to slaughter an animal for food, or to protect his loved ones. On the other hand, he could use it to murder someone, destroy their shelter, or cut the rope holding up a bridge. In every instance the axe remains constant -- it is solely the intent of the wielder that makes it a tool of good or a weapon of evil." He shrugs. "It's the same thing with magic."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Salomón » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:47 pm

**rolls held**

Rufus wrote:"Well, when you put it that way..." Rufus chuckles. A little over the top, but can't argue with the logic.

The High Magus suddenly looks a bit sheepish. "I suppose that was somewhat flowery and extravagant, my furry friend," he chortles with a wide grin as he is suddenly aware of how he sounded.

Rufus wrote:"My uncle Cato illustrated that idea with his favorite axe once, right after I arrived in Lazlo..." Rufus chimes in. "He could use it to cut wood for a fire, to slaughter an animal for food, or to protect his loved ones. On the other hand, he could use it to murder someone, destroy their shelter, or cut the rope holding up a bridge. In every instance the axe remains constant -- it is solely the intent of the wielder that makes it a tool of good or a weapon of evil." He shrugs. "It's the same thing with magic."

"A wise man, your uncle. Tell me - are you able to visit Lazlo often, Rufus?" he asks. He wasn't sure precisely why - perhaps it was just the Kankoran's plucky personality - but Salomón couldn't help but like Rufus, and had grown quite fond of him in such a short time.

"I see your Lifeward is still intact, my friend..." he says approvingly to the Ley Line Walker.

Good to know he wasn't in mortal danger...
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Endurance and Athletics
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:37 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 8:00 AM.
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.

In Town the Night Before
Jason Long wrote:"Sounds good. I had some business I wanted to check on in town anyways before heading back."Jason accompanies Matthew's team as far as the edge of town. Once there He parts ways with Matthew and speaks with the town guards. If they have a way of viewing it, Jason will show them the human faces of the werewolves to see if they are recognized.

Matthew doesn't mind that Jason is following them, but Jason does note that the whole time he's been in this "Town", he has not once seen any form of police or guards.

Jason Long wrote:If he strikes out there, Jason head back to Chamberlain Arms. Maybe they will know something, if not, there was the ammunition issue I wanted to ask him about... Once there, Jason strikes up a conversation with the old man. Jason will show the images of the werewolves to the old man. "Do you know any of these men or have you seen them around town before I am trying to determine if they are part of a larger group or if anyone knows anything about them." If the old man knows anything, Jason will probe to get all the information he can. If not, or once Jason has learned all he can, he brings up the other point of his visit. "The last time I was here, you mentioned that local kids found a pile of spent casings for a railgun. It was two hundred of them, in fact. Do you happen to where they were found? I'm not asking to cheat you out of any salvage. You see, my employer is researching battlefields in the area. For someone to have fired two hundred rounds, that would have had to be quite the fight. It may not be what my employer is looking for, but I would like to get him the information anyways."

Jason approaches the Chamberland Arms and finds the building locked up tight, being it's now past one o'clock in the morning. He realizes that he may have to come back in the morning.

In Camp the Morning After

The rest of the team talks in general a few hours after midnight before exhaustion takes them to their respective sleeping areas. The following morning finds that the thunderstorm has calmed to a steady rainfall. The university of Lazlo team, save for Bob, who is likely still sleeping having gone to bed after everyone else, is sitting around the campfire eating a simple breakfast of coffee, sausage and pancakes, with more than enough for the rest of the team sitting on a folding table ready to be eaten.

Salomón wrote:"Hello again, Miss Sarah. I have returned after handling some emergency family business. Have you had any luck finding the Witch's Eye plant yet?" he asks hopefully and with a gleam in his eye.

Sarah, her hair still messy from sleep looks to the stone man. "Haven't had time, plus it doesn't grow in the city as far as I can tell." She answers before taking a long sip of her coffee. "If I do see it, you'll be the first I tell."

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun will get up early. After a quick shower, he finds Vladamir. ”How is the dino meat doing? I am back. Now you can show me what you have been doing while i was away.” He follows Vlad to where the meat is marinating. He pulls out his notebook and compares his notes to what he sees. He checks the settings, and then spices used, finally, he dips a finger in the juice to get a taste. ”Not bad. You have done well, Vlad.” With a sigh, Dhaltuun turns to leave. As he moves thru the door, ”Get at it. You got this. I am gonna go see what thew others are up to. I will be back.”

Vladamir shrugs. "You've only been gone sixteen hours, it has days to go." When Dhaltuun tastes the brine solution he is both sickened and finds both his finger and tongue mildly chemical burned.

As he leaves Vladamir shakes his head.

At the fire the Professor looks to the group. "How did your night go?"

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Sarik » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d100 = 61 1d20 = 17
P.P.E.: 120/120

Rufus wrote:"A Magebane, eh? I've heard of your kind before but never figured I'd meet one under such... amicable... circumstances." Guess when you get right down to it though it's not much different from a robot pilot hunting other robot pilots or lawbringers bringing down gunslingers.

"Admittedly, that my father worked for you and that the group has such a good reputation, on top of having assisted me out of a significant problem, does tend to work in your favour." Sarik responded to Rufus. "Besides, just because we are suspicious of spell casters, doesn't mean we have to be hostile."

Rufus wrote:"My uncle Cato illustrated that idea with his favorite axe once, right after I arrived in Lazlo..." Rufus chimes in. "He could use it to cut wood for a fire, to slaughter an animal for food, or to protect his loved ones. On the other hand, he could use it to murder someone, destroy their shelter, or cut the rope holding up a bridge. In every instance the axe remains constant -- it is solely the intent of the wielder that makes it a tool of good or a weapon of evil." He shrugs. "It's the same thing with magic."

Sarik shook his head a little bit "There' s a giant difference between an axe, and magic. An axe cannot raise the dead, kill with a word, throw about fireballs, turn invisible, make the very ground reshape itself or any of the other things magic can. You're effectively trying to compare an axe, which is an inanimate object, to a person able to summon powers sufficient to make even some small nuclear warheads look like firecrackers. Tolkeen proved that and more. It showed the depths magic users will go to." he asserted. "Consorting with demonic creatures, sacrificing people to dark creatures and unleashing untold terrors. The Coalition are far from saints, but they at least don't bind the souls of men to the demonic or other things to create unnatural machines. Not to mention technology is limited, in part, by the user and it's own innate ability. A magic user has no such limitations beyond their mind and skill. Turned to dark purposes, the potential for destruction is incomparable."

Salomón wrote:Then, with a curious look, he asks Sarik, "What do your people call themselves, Sarik?"

"We are Pantheran, from the planet Seriv. Apparently Seriv is now part of something called the Trans-Galactic Empire, or TGE. It's ruled over by some race I can't presently recall the name of. Prior to that it was taken over by the Atorian Empire, which was apparently conquered long ago by the fledgling TGE, before it was called the TGE. The Atorians were supposedly one of the earliest conquests that lead to the formation of the TGE itself, which is made up of many races, all subservient. Much like the Pantherans and others were to the Atorians. However, it's not slavery the way it was with the Atorians. The TGE allows my people some measure of independence. Think of it more as being a sort of second class citizen. The rare few can excel and reach various heights of power, but will always be limited to some extent by comparison to the ruling race. Not quite equal treatment, but at least more than simple slaves." he'd sigh and shake his head. "Prior to that, well, we were a fairly simple race I suppose. I'm uncertain however as I never had the chance to really grow up there." he'd shrug it off "And I have yet to return so I do not know what the full situation is really like." Not to mention, Sarik thought to himself.. I doubt I'd really want to.

When Sarik returns to camp, he'll just set about cleaning himself and his equipment, having a meal, making some notes into his journal of the day's events, find a quiet place at a decent distance from everyone else to sleep for the night (Mindful of his radioactivity) and simply drift off. Morning will see him up and about fairly early, joining in on the breakfast though, once again, moving off on his own a bit, ever mindful of his radioactivity.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
Modifiers:

Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Magic Features

• +2 Parry, +4 Damage

Soundtrack:
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Leo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:52 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 66

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 20

Salomon wrote:"All is well. Fortunately, it was... well, we didn't know it at the time, but it turned out to be, mostly, anyhow... a sort of false alarm, one might say. But all are well. Himari - my sister - well, she's got a bit of fire in her, and sometimes her refusal to back down causes problems. But, all's well now. Thank you for asking. When are you able to see your people again? And... forgive me if I missed it, but where did you say you are from again?"

Leo smiles. "Himari sounds like my sister Coco. I think they'd get along. I hope I get to see my family soon - I guess as soon as we get to civilization proper I'll send 'em a note to let 'em know I'm still drawing breath. We're from Lone Star. Family's got a farm down that way - though... I suppose it's less of a farm these days and more of a compound. Not many of us turned to farming after dad died. Violette and Liam run the place, with the younger ones - Kaiaru and the twins - they're still in school. The rest of my siblings stay there sometimes but most don't have much interest in farming. At least - that was the story 3 years ago, last I saw 'em."

The Next Morning

Leo awakens early, needing significantly less sleep than most, and busies himself around the campsite, as quietly as possible - in between gathering kindling and firewood and cleaning his armor and hammer, he patrols the perimeter (more in the hope that his magnitude serves as a deterrent to any people or animals thinking of getting a closer look).

He greets whomever wakes first with a hearty good morning, and sits at the campfire to eat his ample breakfast. He watches the various adventurers and scholars milling about with some satisfaction. It feels like a breakfast at the Milton homestead. Too many people, the smell of good, simple food. It makes his heart glad, and also ache, just a bit.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
-5% to Prowl
Leo

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 53
Initiative: 1d20 = 5

Conditions:

Skills - N/A
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 63 - to locate useful wild greens/edibles
Holistic Medicine 44%/34% / 1d100 = 13/1d100 = 5 - to locate spices/herbs/seeds
Paramedic 59% / 1d100 = 77 - to locate useful ingredients
Holistic Medicine 44%/34% / 1d100 = 68/1d100 = 4 - to locate useful ingredients/seeds
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 64% / 1d100 = 3 - locate ritual ingredients

Dhaltuun gives himself a mental slap as he nurses his finger. ’What am i doing? Silly me. Hehe. Maybe i can “find” something to help in the kitchen.” He gives a shrug and continues to grab his gear. As he heads out, ”Keep at it, Vlad. You are a great help.” Dhaltuun smiles and heads out. As he moves he whistles for Marcella. Handing her some jerky, Dhaltuun to find the others.

Locating Jesse ”Sal has offered to look at your armor. Take it to him. I will go ask Dex. Then i am going out hunting. Come if you wish. If not assist in guarding the camp.” Still absently rubbing his bird’s feathers he continues on.

Locating Dex ”Good day, cousin. I was wondering if you could tske a look st Jesse’s armor. It is anchanted, so i dont know if you can help. Sal has also offered, maybe if you collaberate? Anyway, just thought i would ask. I am off hunting, back in a bit.” With a polite nod, Dhaltuun heads out.

Locate Leo ”Just about ready. You? I learned some new stuff with me girl Marcella. I can’t wait to try them out.” While Dhaltuun waits for leo to get ready, he will listen to the conversation. As he hears sarik talk about himself, Dhaltuun steps back and clencheds his fists. ”Mage Hunter?? Dark Arts?? I swear to Njord, if he comes after me …. I will end him.’ With a “Pfft!” Dhaltuun stomps off in to the wilds.

”Magebane. He was trained to hunt down shifters, and witches, and other users of the dark arts. I am a shifter in service to Njord. I am not a user of the dark arts. I am trying to stay on the right path, as led by Njord, but power is tempting. I admit it. But Njord teaches knowledge over might. Power is in how you use what you have. So i am gonna search for power. Maybe Njord will lead me to some lost magics?”

Dhaltuun locates a good spot and sets up his camp. ((Wilderness Survival)) While he gathers wood, he uses his radio ”Dhal again. I have made camp {{give locatio}} so anyone who wants to, may join me?” He makes a snack and checks his gear as he waits for anyone to show up. After 30 mins, Dhal cleans up and grabs his rifle and baldric over his armor then looks around camp. ”Looks good. Eveything is prepared. Time to hunt. Marcella!!” with his trusted fasmiliar, he heads out in the wilds once again. As they quetly walk , Dhaltuun lets Marcella fly ”Ok girl. Lets find something to hunt.” Using his limited skills and relying on Marcella’s instincts, Dhaltuun looks for anything edible or useful. Foliage, Wild greens, Eggs, Game, dinosaurs, medicinal ingrediants, etc.

If Dhaltuun sees something to hunt or is attacked, he will send Marcella to distract it while he takes aimed shots at it. ”Go for the eyes!! Distract it while i shoot.”
He will use sdc rounds at first, switching to light ramjet (MD) rounds if sdc doesn’t do any damage, and will switch again if light doesn’t do the job. His last option is Heavy ramjet rounds. But those are for BIG targets.

[ooc=Dhaltuun crazy combat]
APM [5]:
Init [+1]: 1d20+1 = 8
Action 1 - send marcella to distract “Go for the eyes!”
Action 2 - aimed shot - strike: 1d20+3 = 6 / Damage: 1d8*10 = 70 sdc
Action 3 - aimed shot - strike: 1d20+3 = 14 / Damage: 1d8*10 = 70 sdc
Action 4: aimed shot - strike: 1d20+3 = 7 / Damage: 1d8*10 = 40 sdc
Action 5: aimed shot - strike: 1d20+3 = 12 / Damage: 1d8*10 = 50 sdc

CONTINGIENCY --
If sdc rounds dont hurt tasrget, Dhaltuun change an action to switch clip for light ramjet round and continue firing.
If light ramjet rounds dont hurt target, will switch action to load heavy ramjet rounds and continue firing.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
OOC Comments

Current Conditions:

Nightvision 300 feet
Augmented P.S.

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Uses 1 melee action

Sense Rifts

Dimensional Travel

Communication Rift

Familiar Link

Summoning
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Salomón » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 90
JIC(20): 1d20 = 8

Skills Used:
Weapons Engineer (diagnose and, if possible, repair Valkyrie's armor) --> 1d100 = 16/63%

Sarik wrote:"Admittedly, that my father worked for you and that the group has such a good reputation, on top of having assisted me out of a significant problem, does tend to work in your favour." Sarik responded to Rufus. "Besides, just because we are suspicious of spell casters, doesn't mean we have to be hostile."

Good to know... thinks the High Magus at that last comment, which puts his mind somewhat at ease.

Sarik wrote:Sarik shook his head a little bit "There' s a giant difference between an axe, and magic. An axe cannot raise the dead, kill with a word, throw about fireballs, turn invisible, make the very ground reshape itself or any of the other things magic can. You're effectively trying to compare an axe, which is an inanimate object, to a person able to summon powers sufficient to make even some small nuclear warheads look like firecrackers. Tolkeen proved that and more. It showed the depths magic users will go to." he asserted. "Consorting with demonic creatures, sacrificing people to dark creatures and unleashing untold terrors. The Coalition are far from saints, but they at least don't bind the souls of men to the demonic or other things to create unnatural machines. Not to mention technology is limited, in part, by the user and it's own innate ability. A magic user has no such limitations beyond their mind and skill. Turned to dark purposes, the potential for destruction is incomparable."

Salomón's brow furrows for a moment. He says to Sarik, "In regards to Tolkeen - I must admit that what you say is true. Some magic users indeed sunk to the level of true depravity. However, I would suggest that this was not the result of the use of magic itself that was the problem, but the corruption within the users themselves. Magic, as you said, has incredible potential, and some of the most vile hearts use it for the most vile evils. This is where people like you, who are trained to eliminate these sorts of problems, are an invaluable bulwark against such evils. At the same time, clearly magic can be used for good as well, as is demonstrated every day by my friend and I here. So, while the differences you mentioned are all true, I think that what my diminutive friend is aiming at here - please correct me if I am mistaken, Rufus - is that the intent of the wielder is the pertinent factor. As you pointed out, a simple axe is, itself, an inanimate object and is only directed by the person using it. Magic is the same way. Magic, in and of itself, is merely a tool, much like the simple axe is. It matters not whether the tool is more or less capable of achieving certain effects, because by itself, magic is not good or evil. Again, the person using the magic invests it with the good or evil intent and determines the desired outcome. Even magicks such as animating the dead can be used for good or for ill, would you not agree? Undoubtedly, many have experienced the darker side of this, but I say that an army of animated dead, armed with wooden stakes, is a potent weapon against vampires, as the Hero Necromancers of Mexico will tell you. Even for simple labor, such as building trenches or crude fortifications in a shorter amount of time than would normally be able to be accomplished, the animated corpses of the dead are more than capable. As well, performing the services of simple guards, they would suffice, given they have no need for rest or sleep. All of these are examples of what is normally viewed as 'foul magic' used for good. The animated dead themselves are not good or evil, and neither is the force that animates them. The one who directs and controls them decides what they are to be used for. The animated dead themselves? They are simply animated by the force of Will and Word."

Sarik wrote:"We are Pantheran, from the planet Seriv. Apparently Seriv is now part of something called the Trans-Galactic Empire, or TGE. It's ruled over by some race I can't presently recall the name of. Prior to that it was taken over by the Atorian Empire, which was apparently conquered long ago by the fledgling TGE, before it was called the TGE. The Atorians were supposedly one of the earliest conquests that lead to the formation of the TGE itself, which is made up of many races, all subservient. Much like the Pantherans and others were to the Atorians. However, it's not slavery the way it was with the Atorians. The TGE allows my people some measure of independence. Think of it more as being a sort of second class citizen. The rare few can excel and reach various heights of power, but will always be limited to some extent by comparison to the ruling race. Not quite equal treatment, but at least more than simple slaves." he'd sigh and shake his head. "Prior to that, well, we were a fairly simple race I suppose. I'm uncertain however as I never had the chance to really grow up there." he'd shrug it off "And I have yet to return so I do not know what the full situation is really like."

Salomón responds, "I see. As compared to the Atorian situation- it definitely sounds like an improvement, though I'm not sure I'd say it's ideal. Still, room for improvement allows for growth - perhaps the situation will further improve with time."

Many things change with time...

Leo wrote:Leo smiles. "Himari sounds like my sister Coco. I think they'd get along. I hope I get to see my family soon - I guess as soon as we get to civilization proper I'll send 'em a note to let 'em know I'm still drawing breath. We're from Lone Star. Family's got a farm down that way - though... I suppose it's less of a farm these days and more of a compound. Not many of us turned to farming after dad died. Violette and Liam run the place, with the younger ones - Kaiaru and the twins - they're still in school. The rest of my siblings stay there sometimes but most don't have much interest in farming. At least - that was the story 3 years ago, last I saw 'em."

Salomón nods and smiles. "I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing. I have yet to spend any time in Lone Star, though I've heard of it. In fact, other than the Magic Zone and MercTown - and now, Char and parts of the Dinosaur Swamp, I haven't seen much of North America. It is good that members of your family are in school - sounds like a relatively civilized area for that to be an option."

Consumer wrote:Sarah, her hair still messy from sleep looks to the stone man. "Haven't had time, plus it doesn't grow in the city as far as I can tell." She answers before taking a long sip of her coffee. "If I do see it, you'll be the first I tell."

The High Magus nods politely. "Thank you, Miss Sarah. I hope all has been well. I would be most grateful to you for that courtesy," he says when Sarah offers to let him know if she sees the plant.

Salomón thanks whomever made breakfast and eats quietly, pondering his agenda and thinking about magical item creation, before casting Cleanse on himself and returning to his meditation to recharge his magical energies.

Contingencies

IF the Valkyrie approaches Sal about her armor, he will see what he can do about diagnosing/repairing it (skill roll above)
IF the group remains another day at camp, Sal will utilize the time to create more magic
If he has another 15 hours to tinker
If he has another 15 hours to tinker more, Salomón will cast Create Magic Scroll and place the Create Magic Scroll spell inside of it, in the Amaki language (total cost: 200 PPE). He will then recharge his PPE (14 hours to recharge PPE)
Important Information
Current Status

Always On:
Sixth Sense

Endurance and Athletics
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum