A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 32

Consumer wrote:Rufus: Computer Operation (Upgrading maps and other info.): Seems to be up to date and running fine.
Computer Programming (Tweaking on the Behemoth's computer systems.): Computer is about as optimized as it can get for the system, complete with the general strain of having an AI tagged on.


Rufus closes things up and brushes his hands together. What's that old line? 'A pint cannot hold a quart -- if it holds a pint it's doing the best it can.' "We're gonna need a bigger boa--core. A bigger CORE..." he grunts as he goes back out to see what everyone else is up to. He comes up to Jason as he's chatting with Sarik.

Sarik wrote:"So how far are we from civilization right now? Wondering, how long will be to get to." He pauses trying to think of the word "Places where can buy things. Market and the like?" he pulls out his journal "Need new book, more art paper things like that. Or would like at least. Not a rush."


He snorts. "It depends on how loosely you define 'civilization' and what qualifies." He waves in the general direction of what passes for downtown Char. "From what all I've heard, this is as close as you're going to get for quite a ways. MercTown or Lazlo would probably be your best bets for for more artistic supplies, but you never know when you might find someone who produces their own wood pulp paper stock." He glances over at the professor. "Though I'd like to be proven wrong if you've got information to the contrary."

He turns back to Jason. "Side note, boss. If we come across any good computer core equipment -- components, peripherals, that sort of thing -- I'd like to beef up the Behemoth's systems. The extra processing power could come in handy if we also upgrade our sensors and comms."

Salomón wrote:"Templar: I would like to enchant you and your armor with a protective spell called Lifeward. This spell lasts until it is triggered, and protects you. If the armor so enchanted is ever destroyed, you will become incredibly tough temporarily - hopefully long enough to make it through whatever destroyed your armor in the first place. I am able to cast it upon one person now, and will cover the remaining members every evening until the whole group is protected. Which of you would like to be first?" he says.


"I guess that would have been me by default -- but I don't know if this one counts from your last go-around," Rufus chuckles while pointing to the symbol Sal had previously painted on his own armor. "Here's hoping it comes in as handy as you've sold it. Though I'm not eager to put it to the test anytime soon."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 74

Consumer wrote: "I think you may have missed that appointment then. It's past noon already. As for what will we do if Matthew's contact doesn't pan out, we'll move on and look elsewhere. That's the real point of the expedition is to look into things near the last bastion of civilization. As for how I am holding up, fine I suppose, this isn't even the worst of the expeditions I've been on. I remember one where a full fifty percent of the personnel involved died from attacks and rampant diseases. I spent four months in a hospital overcoming a form of Malaria. So far the expedition is running better than I expected really." The Professor says with a warm smile.


Jason notes the time with alarm. How did it get this late? "The time was flexible. I'll radio him and see where he is. Which reminds me, one of the vendors we spoke with mentioned kids finding a large number of railgun shell casings. They could have only come from a significant battle. I was going to see if he will give me the location. It may be too recent of a battle for your research, but might be worth a look."

Salomón wrote:"Templar: I would like to enchant you and your armor with a protective spell called Lifeward. This spell lasts until it is triggered, and protects you. If the armor so enchanted is ever destroyed, you will become incredibly tough temporarily - hopefully long enough to make it through whatever destroyed your armor in the first place. I am able to cast it upon one person now, and will cover the remaining members every evening until the whole group is protected. Which of you would like to be first?" he says.


"Good thinking Salomon and thank you for the offer. I have spare armor and Bonaparte, so I will hold off and be last. I would like to watch the process though. " Jason takes the time to watch the spell, viewing it also through his armor's sensors. If magic is just a type of energy, you'd think sensors would pick up SOMETHING.

Rufus wrote:He turns back to Jason. "Side note, boss. If we come across any good computer core equipment -- components, peripherals, that sort of thing -- I'd like to beef up the Behemoth's systems. The extra processing power could come in handy if we also upgrade our sensors and comms."


"I agree, although I think we are going to nee a bigger town to find that kind of gear. Or a modern battlefield that has not been picked over to loot. Do you think we could link several smaller computers together to get the extra processing ability? What if we had, for example, one computer with Nav software, another with library software, a third with research data, etc, all supervised by a separate master computer. Couldn't the master computer send requests to the correct specialist machine and borrow system capacity when the specialist isn't needed? " Jason admits that he is out of his depth with the computer issues. He never dug into more than the basics. "If you can come up with a design and what components we need to look for, I'll add it to the list."

Jason then steps aside to let Rufus and Sarik speak. He gets on the radio to call Matthew to find our where he is and when they are meeting.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 23

With the vehicles inspected and necessary preparations made Dexter rejoins the group. He makes his way over to Jason. "So bout yer armor, dhere. Could only do so much." Dexter takes off his top hat and wipes his forehead with the back of his forearm. "Witout a proper shop or da right parts even, me could only do sum minor repairs." Dexter looks down at the ground when explains his delima.

Professor wrote:"I think you may have missed that appointment then. It's past noon already. As for what will we do if Matthew's contact doesn't pan out, we'll move on and look elsewhere. That's the real point of the expedition is to look into things near the last bastion of civilization. As for how I am holding up, fine I suppose, this isn't even the worst of the expeditions I've been on. I remember one where a full fifty percent of the personnel involved died from attacks and rampant diseases. I spent four months in a hospital overcoming a form of Malaria. So far the expedition is running better than I expected really."

Dhats why me like to stick to me shop work most of da time. Less chances of danger. "Better be knocking sum wood. Don't want to jinx yer'self or us at dat. So what next up on the docket? We goi'n to be mov'n out soon?"
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 5:00 PM. (1 hour has passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


A New Dawn
Everyone except Leo and Dhaltuun

Salomón offers to cast Lifeward on someones armor, Rufus is really the only one to ask about it, but his enchantment is still in place so a recasting is unneeded. A couple of quick conversations happen before, Jason radios Matthew and the Caslow brothers.

"We're at Roma's, been wondering when you and yours were going to give us a call or show up." Matthew says in a friendly but questioning manner.

Leo, Dhaltuun, and a small pile of minions emerge from a portal that opens up near camp shortly after the call.



Manly Men Doing Manly Things
Leo and Dhaltuun

Skills
Leo: Wilderness Survival (spot game trails, graze patterns in the foliage, or the like): If Leo didn't know any better, he would be certain that their are no animals in a fifty mile radius.
Land Navigation (Pick out natural geography that lends itself to easy food access for game - i.e., elevated grassy areas or other feeding spots that are accessible by foot): Leo finds a nice hill overlooking a stream.
Track & Trap Animals (if he spots any game trails, Leo tries to track the game): Then promptly falls into the mud on the streams bank.
Prowl (attempt to follow any discerned trail quietly): Large men falling are not quiet.
Dhaltuun: Cooking (professional) (to locate useful wild greens/edibles):
Holistic Medicine, Paramedic, Holistic Medicine, Lore: Magic - General Knowledge (locate ritual ingredients): As above, you have to move to a very different area to find anything different.
Falconry (working with Marcella): She follows commands, but she was going to do that anyways.


The dynamic duo continue their search for something to kill for either a trophy or for eating purposes. Leo tries using time honored techniques, and ends up taking a spill onto a muddy embankment near a stream, while Dhaltuun tries the more unorthodox approach of letting his animals do all the looking while he looks at every plant he walks by for ingredients and ritual components. Eventually the two of them come to the conclusion that they're bad hunters and decide to pack it up and go home. Dhaltuun uses a considerable amount of his personal P.P.E. and nearly an hour of casting to get them back to the camp.

Dhaltuun: -75 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 69
JIC(20): 1d20 = 4




Salomón spends most of the rest of the day in quiet meditation, stopping briefly to repeat his offer for the Lifeward spell when Leo and Dhaltuun return.

I'm surprised Dexter did not take me up on the offer... maybe Dhaltuun or Leo will.

The High Magus then returns to meditating and recharging his magic energy. He pauses for supper and to speak with the professor.

"Hello, Professor. Do you think we will have a chance to look for the Witch's Eye plant I was seeking? I know it is supposed to be in the Dinosaur Swamp somewhere, and another member of your team seems to know a bit about it," says the Amaki.

I would sure hate to leave without it... he thinks.

Lifeward
Range: Self or one character by touch.
Duration: Special - delayed reaction. The spell is not activated until the enchanted and marked outer armor is destroyed. Then it activates and lasts one minute per level of the spell caster.
Special Requirement: Magic symbol of Life and Strength.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Forty
Lifeward takes two melee rounds to perform, and requires a circle with a dot in the middle and lines radiating from it like a sun painted on the recipient's chest or forehead and on his M.D.C. body armor while reciting the incantation. This powerful spell is designed to help the character survive Mega-Damage attacks after losing his M.D. body armor!
If the body armor is shredded (reduced to zero M.D.C.), all subsequent Mega-Damage attacks are turned into S.D.C. damage. The unarmored character takes damage from his S.D.C. and/or Hit Points, but survives attacks that would normally have atomized him ! Of course, the character falls into a coma and may die if reduced to zero Hit Points or less. Note: This spell cannot be placed on Mega-Damage creatures such as dragons and demons or automatons.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:23 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 5

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 84

Leo helps carry the various hunting supplies through the portal back into camp.

"Well... that was a wash. Marcella and Cat were able to get a snack, at least." He says with a smile. "Seems I need to brush up on my hunting skills."

When Salomon offers to cast Lifeward (and explains what it does), Leo nods appreciatively. "That sounds like a great idea, Salomon. I'd be right obliged."

If Salomon reiterates his desire for pictures, Leo will reply "I used to have some, but... Lot of my personal effects got lost when... a while back. I haven't seen my family in about 3 years now... I'd love a chance to get out there... leastways let 'em know I'm still alive."

When or if the team makes ready to return to Roma's, Leo quickly washes up - he's covered in drying mud again - before sallying forth into Char proper.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 am

**ROLLS HELD**




Leo wrote:When Salomon offers to cast Lifeward (and explains what it does), Leo nods appreciatively. "That sounds like a great idea, Salomon. I'd be right obliged."


The High Magus happily obliges, carefully painting the mystic symbol on Leo's forehead and armor. "Now, you don't have to worry about keeping the symbol there after this is cast - it just helps focus the magic. So don't think you can't wash your face for a while - it won't affect the magic, which will be dormant until your armor is completely destroyed. At that point, temporarily - for a few minutes, anyhow - your flesh and blood will be as tough as the armor that was destroyed."

Salomón continues, and then pauses for a moment as something dawns on him: "Come to think of it, Leo... with your particular... 'enhancements', shall we say... you might even be tougher than your armor was... for at least a few minutes. You'll want to make them count, at any rate."

The High Magus puts the finishing touches on Leo's face and armor, examines his handiwork, and nods. "Good enough. Now, hold still..."

He intones the mystic phrases and makes the requisite gestures for a few moments, touching the symbol on Leo's forehead with one hand, and the symbol on Leo's armor with the other. A brief surge of mystic power, and both symbols glow azure blue for a moment, and then start to fade. "It is done. You are Lifewarded, my friend!" exclaims the Amaki with a smile, clapping the huge man on the shoulder.

Leo wrote:If Salomon reiterates his desire for pictures, Leo will reply "I used to have some, but... Lot of my personal effects got lost when... a while back. I haven't seen my family in about 3 years now... I'd love a chance to get out there... leastways let 'em know I'm still alive."


Salomón does indeed offer to "check in" on Leo's family and asks for a photo/video. Upon hearing Leo's reply, he thinks we really need to get him home... it is clear his family is important to him, and without so much as a photograph or video, I will be unable to attune to their psychic impressions and get a read on them remotely...

"Let's see if we can find an excusen to head down south toward them when we finish with this journey and get back to MercTown... I still need to grab a specific plant from the Dinosaur Swamp area while we're down here, but my hope is that it will not be too long or out of the way to do so. We will get you to see your family, Leo... I know how important my family is to me, and I can see yours is important to you too." He looks over at Dhaltuun and Rufus. "Between Rufus, Dhaltuun, and myself, I don't think we'll have any problem getting us fairly close to your kin... relatively speaking. Let's turn that sentiment into a reality when we get back, hmm?" he says with a wink and a grin.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 56

Dexter stands around as he hears the call to the Caslow brothers. Pulling out a cigar he lifts it up and walks over to Jason. "Me wrek'n ya don't want da whole lot is going to town?" Dexter pause for a moment in thought. He rolls his cigar to the other side of his mouth. Gritting it a bit before continuing. "Perhaps we all should bu sum if us stay out of sight. Make 'em dink dat we got less numbers. Just case day be sett'n a trap fer us or do ya dink dat there on da up 'n up? A thought just popped in me head. Is there sum way Bonapart could be summoned remotely? I mean kinda of like an air drop, if us know what I'm say'n." He give his cigar a puff before exhaling. Doing his best not to blow the smoke directly at Jason.

Leo wrote:"Well... that was a wash. Marcella and Cat were able to get a snack, at least." He says with a smile. "Seems I need to brush up on my hunting skills."

Dexter eventually notices the return of Dhaltunn and Leo, along with the plethora of minions. He gives them a sideways glance and realizes that they came back empty handed. Greeting them as Dexter walks over to them. "Dats a real bummer. Ya' know dats why me leaves it up to da professionals. Dexter takes a quit look around. "Speaking of which. Has anyone seen ours? She's usually off on her own bit me ain't seen her in a bit. Hope she didn't get picked up by dem nasty ware'olves. She wasn't wit ya'll, now was she?"
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 57
Initiative: 1d20 = 3
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 40 /115 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 15 - to locate useful wild greens/edibles
Holistic Medicine 44%/34% / 1d100 = 42/1d100 = 3 - to locate spices/herbs/seeds
Paramedic 59% / 1d100 = 55 - to locate useful ingredients
Holistic Medicine 44%/34% / 1d100 = 21/1d100 = 10 - to locate useful ingredients/seeds
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 64% / 1d100 = 12 - locate ritual ingredients

POST
Leo wrote:"Well... that was a wash. Marcella and Cat were able to get a snack, at least." He says with a smile. "Seems I need to brush up on my hunting skills."


”No worries, my large friend. My skills need some work as well. We can always try again later.” Withn a hearty clap on leo’s arm, Dhaltuun smiles wairm;ly and moves thru portal.




BACK AT CAMP
Dhaltuun waves at the others as he emerges. He collects anything leo helped carry back. Dhaltuun sends Marcella off into the air, and lets Cat run. ”You two stay near camp. I will whistle if i need you.” With a final scratch to Cat, Dhaltuun moves on.

Noticing Leo and Sal talking, dhal approaches in time to hear mention of the lifeward spell. ”good choice, Leo. If it isnt an imposition, i too would like the spell cast on me.” he listens further as the topic of pictures comes up. ”Sure. As long as you make me famous!!” Dhal looks down at himself before contiueing. ”I will go get cleaned up while you finish with big ‘un here.” Smiling, Dhal goes to get cleaned up.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:59 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 5:05 PM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


A New Dawn

Salomón finally snags someone interested in his Lifeward spell, and proceeds to spend the requisite thirty seconds drawing the symbols on Leo's forehead and armor, giving Leo a protective spell. Dhaltuun watches this happen and then asks for it as well, before going to get cleaned up. Dhaltuun's familiar circles the inside of the ruin before perching on top of the Behemoth next to Jessie, who just seems to be contemplating the roof. The Panteran-Terrax affectionately known as Cat finds a spot near the fire and lays down to enjoy the extra warmth, not that it's particularly cold, but animals are weird sometimes.

Dexter offers some ruminations to Jason, who seems to be quietly mulling over his thoughts, whatever they may be. The professor seems to be eagerly awaiting a call from the Templar's leader. When Salomón asks about the possible procurement of Witch's Eye. "I suppose if it's in an area we're investigating then sure, but a separate expedition for a singular plant isn't in the cards." The professor says politely, without any ill intent.

Other than that the group seems content to converse among itself.

Butcher's Bill:
Dhaltuun: -75 P.P.E.
Salomón: -40 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Perception:1d100 = 22 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 36

Consumer wrote:We're at Roma's, been wondering when you and yours were going to give us a call or show up." Matthew says in a friendly but questioning manner.


Jason lets Matthew that he will gather the team and head on over.

Jason heads over to inform the professor and calls the rest of the team, "Ok, people. The professor and I are heading to Roma's to meet with Matthew to settle up an see if they have any new information. I know some of you have projects you are working on, but everyone is welcome. "

Once at Roma's, Jason apologizes to Matthew for the delay in contacting him. "With everything going on, I lost track of the time. " He settles up the teams share of the bounty, then asks, "You said that you might have some information that would be of interest to the Professor. What do you know?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 36 1d20 = 20

For Sarik's part, the Pantheran just mostly keeps to himself, and keeps his distance from the others most of the time. Mostly so he doesn't have to worry about irradiating the hell out of people. That, and he really didn't know what to say at this point in time, to his current set of companions. Thus, the Pantheran just keeps doodling away and filling in his journal as he took the downtime to fill in gaps in his journal's records.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 65

Jason Long wrote:
Rufus wrote:He turns back to Jason. "Side note, boss. If we come across any good computer core equipment -- components, peripherals, that sort of thing -- I'd like to beef up the Behemoth's systems. The extra processing power could come in handy if we also upgrade our sensors and comms."


"I agree, although I think we are going to nee a bigger town to find that kind of gear. Or a modern battlefield that has not been picked over to loot. Do you think we could link several smaller computers together to get the extra processing ability? What if we had, for example, one computer with Nav software, another with library software, a third with research data, etc, all supervised by a separate master computer. Couldn't the master computer send requests to the correct specialist machine and borrow system capacity when the specialist isn't needed? " Jason admits that he is out of his depth with the computer issues. He never dug into more than the basics. "If you can come up with a design and what components we need to look for, I'll add it to the list."


Rufus shrugs. "That might could work. We'd need a dedicated relay server set up so the smaller computers could talk to one another. And probably would need to write some software telling the master computer how to borrow capacity from the smaller ones. But it's definitely worth a go." He pulls out a notepad and begins scribbling down ideas.

When Leo and Dhal return, Rufus raises an eyebrow. "My friends, I don't know if you actually went hunting or were sidetracked by open tryouts to Char's professional mud wrestling league..." He chuckles as he reaches out to Leo. "Here, moj veliki prijatelj, hold still a moment... ধোয়া..." He mutters an incantation and magical energy flows over the juicer, removing all the grime and leaving him looking like he just came out of the shower (OOC: Casting 'cleanse' -- 6 PPE). He'll also cast the spell on Dhal as well if need be.

Jason Long wrote:Jason heads over to inform the professor and calls the rest of the team, "Ok, people. The professor and I are heading to Roma's to meet with Matthew to settle up an see if they have any new information. I know some of you have projects you are working on, but everyone is welcome. "


Rufus nods. "I'm with you. It'll give me time to think on this computer network idea anyway." He follows Jason to Roma's and keeps an eye/ear/nose out for trouble.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 64
JIC(20): 1d20 = 11




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Noticing Leo and Sal talking, dhal approaches in time to hear mention of the lifeward spell. ”good choice, Leo. If it isnt an imposition, i too would like the spell cast on me.” he listens further as the topic of pictures comes up. ”Sure. As long as you make me famous!!” Dhal looks down at himself before contiueing. ”I will go get cleaned up while you finish with big ‘un here.” Smiling, Dhal goes to get cleaned up.


"I would be happy to cast it on you tomorrow, Dhaltuun. My resources are a bit diminished right now, due to some other magical projects I have been working on, but I do plan on casting it on several Templar over the next few days. Remind me tomorrow night, and I'll be sure to get you covered," says the Amaki with a smile. "If you really need it tonight, I can do it, though... as long as the group doesn't mind me taking a few hours to recharge my magical energies afterward."

OOC Comments
If Dhaltuun says he needs the spell tonight, Sal will repeat the same process he did for Leo, with the same general instructions and information for Dhaltuun.


He then begins to turn away, but suddenly stops himself as a thought crosses his mind. "Say, Dhal... you are linked with a nature god, are you not? I wonder if... perhaps you could learn more about the plant I seek, called Witch's Eye... would it be too much trouble to ask for you to look into that, if it's within your power?"

If Dhal agrees, Sal will gratefully thank him.

I need to find that plant... before it's time to go and I miss my opportunity... he thinks.

Salomón will return to his meditation, recharging his reserves (should be finished by 0400 unless Dhal asks for the Lifeward spell, which will add 2 more hours). At that point, he will be fully refreshed and recharged.

Lifeward
Range: Self or one character by touch.
Duration: Special - delayed reaction. The spell is not activated until the enchanted and marked outer armor is destroyed. Then it activates and lasts one minute per level of the spell caster.
Special Requirement: Magic symbol of Life and Strength.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Forty
Lifeward takes two melee rounds to perform, and requires a circle with a dot in the middle and lines radiating from it like a sun painted on the recipient's chest or forehead and on his M.D.C. body armor while reciting the incantation. This powerful spell is designed to help the character survive Mega-Damage attacks after losing his M.D. body armor!
If the body armor is shredded (reduced to zero M.D.C.), all subsequent Mega-Damage attacks are turned into S.D.C. damage. The unarmored character takes damage from his S.D.C. and/or Hit Points, but survives attacks that would normally have atomized him ! Of course, the character falls into a coma and may die if reduced to zero Hit Points or less. Note: This spell cannot be placed on Mega-Damage creatures such as dragons and demons or automatons.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:34 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 37

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 60

Dhaltuun wrote:”No worries, my large friend. My skills need some work as well. We can always try again later.”


Leo nods. "I haven't had to hunt for food in a long time. My skills are rusty."

Rufus wrote:"My friends, I don't know if you actually went hunting or were sidetracked by open tryouts to Char's professional mud wrestling league..."


Leo chuckles, a sound which grows into a booming, hands-on-his-knees laugh. "Yeah... Heh... when I fall, I fall hard."

Rufus wrote:"Here, moj veliki prijatelj, hold still a moment... ধোয়া..."


As Rufus casts the cleaning spell on him, he whistles in appreciation. "That's right kind of you, sir. Much appreciated."

Salomon wrote:"Let's see if we can find an excuse to head down south toward them when we finish with this journey and get back to MercTown... I still need to grab a specific plant from the Dinosaur Swamp area while we're down here, but my hope is that it will not be too long or out of the way to do so. We will get you to see your family, Leo... I know how important my family is to me, and I can see yours is important to you too. Between Rufus, Dhaltuun, and myself, I don't think we'll have any problem getting us fairly close to your kin... relatively speaking. Let's turn that sentiment into a reality when we get back, hmm?"


The big man's face flushes, and he smiles. "Thank you... I... y'all have been real nice to me since we met yesterday. I don't know how'm ever gonna repay that."

Especially with the time I got left.

He smiles at Salomon. "Well... let's hit town. I can start by buying you a drink. You missed our last Char Pub-Crawl."

If Salomon agrees, Leo will head back to Char with the others, thankful he doesn't have to spend hours getting scrubbed up for Roma.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 24

Dexter takes a pull off of his cigar. Holding the smoke in for a few seconds before slowly exhaling. He scratches at his beard and combes down some wild hairs. Making a grunt he stamps off towards the vehicles. "Call me on da rad'io if ya' need me. Me will be work'n on dem trucks." Dexter doesn't look back as he aliveates himself from the group. Well if no one wants to answer me den me will just go and do sum work. Let dem do all da talk'n. Me will go do what me des best. Walking over to the vehicles Dexter pulls out his personal hand held computer. He starts to make sketches and and taking measurements of the Templars vehicles. He add ideas for TW modifications.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:41 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 5:35 PM. (30 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


A New Dawn

A consensus comes about that some of the team, including the Professor and his assistant Kevin will be leaving camp to head to the heart of Char, Roma's. The rest have decided to stay behind to work on personal projects or just meditate. Sarik hunkers down with his sketchbook and draws pictures of things he sees, or things he'd like to see even, while Salomón finds that to get his meditation in, he has to go inside the Behemoth and do so in his room, as it offers him the best chance of not being interrupted. Dexter moves over to look over the vehicles once again, and tinkers around with his portable computer making notes and hashing out ideas he has.

Jason, Leo, Rufus, the Professor and Kevin make their way to Roma's. It takes them roughly a half hour to arrive at the the tented drinking hole. It is easy to spot Matthew and the Caslow brothers, minus Phil who went missing along with Two-Claws. The brothers seem to be well into their cups, and don't immediately notice the Templar and company. Matthew on the other hand does notice the group and stands and waves them over. "Good to see you guys, I was hoping that noting bad happened to you all in the proceeding night." Matthew says jovially.

Matthew lifts a blanket wrapped parcel from the ground near his seat and places it on the table. "Your payment as discussed." Matthew says as he unwraps the parcel to reveal a gun much like the ones you saw the Caslow's using the night before. "One Custom-built Hunting Rail Gun, and some spare ammo for it." Matthew says, gesturing to the well crafted looking rifle. While the rail gun parts may have been salvaged from broken weapons, the current incarnation of the rifle is solidly built with a hand carved wooden stock. The group notices it has a mounted scope and a bipod as well.

"As for the other part of the deal, I have spoken with a Legacy Scout I know, and he has some info your Professor would be most interested in." Matthew gestures to a man at a nearby table. "Feel free to ask him about the bunker."

The Professor seems thrilled and moves over to talk with the man, Kevin close in tow.

"So would you join us for a drink?" Matthew asks.

The Bounty
Custom-Built Hunting Rail Gun
Image
  • Range: 3,000'
  • Damage: 5D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload options:
    • Physical rounds: 5 rounds per box magazine
    • LE-Clip Powered: 10 rounds per LE-clip
  • Weight: 25 lbs.
  • Features: Nightvision Scope (2,000'), Bi-pod.
  • Modifiers: -5 to strike if P.S.<20
  • Note: Custom-made heavy hunting rifle with hand-crafted wooden stock.


Code: Select all
[b]Custom-Built Hunting Rail Gun[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2020/01/28/20200128203054-c0233fc1.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 3,000'
[*]Damage: 5D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: Single shots only
[*]Payload options:
[list][*]Physical rounds: 5 rounds per box magazine
[*]LE-Clip Powered: 10 rounds per LE-clip[/list]
[*]Weight: 25 lbs.
[*]Features: Nightvision Scope (2,000'), Bi-pod.
[*]Modifiers: -5 to strike if P.S.<20
[*]Note: [i]Custom-made heavy hunting rifle with hand-crafted wooden stock.[/i][/list][/size]


3 Box Magazines for Hunting Rail Gun
1 Long E-clip


Butcher's Bill:
Dhaltuun: -75 P.P.E.
Salomón: -40 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 /28%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 51
Initiative: 1d20 = 15
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 40 /115 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 1 - make snacks
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 93 - make snacks
Cooking 64% (professional) / 1d100 = 35 - make jerky

POST
Dhaltuun takes some time to clean himself up, as the others chat and relax. After a quick shower, he makes his way to the galley. ”Vladimir!! Where are you, my friend? I am thinking of making a nioce dinner for our crew for a job well done. I want your help.” He spends a few minutes looking thru the cupboards. ”We need to do an updated inventory. So? What do we have and what can we make?” He bows his head in respect to his minion. ”I trust you and respect your knowledge, i will lave this to you. Just let me know what you decide and we can start. I have to go see Sal for a moment, but i will be right back.” Dhaltuun heads out to find Sal.

Walking out and around camp, dhal realizes that the others must have gone into town for the meet. With a shrug, he heads back into his galley. As he walks, he remembers something Sal mentioned. ”Witch’s Eye. Some plant he wants. I can commune and ask Njord, maybe Vladimir knows something as well.’ Entering the galley, he sees Vladimir ”What do you know of a plant called Witch’s Eye or something.” He pulls out his handheld and stats to research anything on this plant, like where it may grow, while listening to Vladimir’s response. Every now and then he will get up and work on snacks for when the others return, Mainly his jerky.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:32 am

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 40
JIC: 1d100 = 35 1d20 = 19

With the others still gone, and busy, Sarik decides to put away his journal and other items for the time being and see to some daily exercises. Leaving his armour on, he starts to work his way through a series of kata, trying to focus on form and function first, and then slowly ease up into more fluid, dance like movements. As he works, he starts to speed up as well as perform more elaborate movements. Soon he was testing his sense of balance while adding in assorted flips, kicks, punches and other movements as he warmed up.

Sense of Balance: 97% 1d100 = 34
Back Flip: 81% 1d100 = 26
Dance 47% 1d100 = 10
Performance 52% 1d100 = 98

His overall form was... rough, but still effective. It wouldn't perhaps be the most interesting show, nor perhaps all that impressive, but at least he managed to continue carrying through without many hitches or hickups. He then would start to work his weapons into the mix, swords, knives, even his bow or pistols. The whole while he tried to keep his mind clear and calm, though through it all he couldn't help but let his mind drift just a tiny bit...

I miss mom...
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:48 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 19

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 28

Leo travel's back to Roma's with Jason and Rufus, and the others. The hour-long walk is good for him, and gives the big man some time to think about the situation he's in. I should be woried... I'm sure I'm being hunted... escaped slaves typically are. But... I feel freer than I have in a long time, safer. If I could get home and see how the family are doing - make sure they're all good - I'll feel a lot better. But for now, keep my eyes on the job in front of me and watch the horizon for trouble, I reckon.

Matthew wrote:"Good to see you guys, I was hoping that nothing bad happened to you all in the proceeding night."


Leo smiles. "Nothing but a disappointing hunt." He chuckles. "I'm wildly out of practice."

When Leo sees the railgun he lets out a quiet whistle. "That's a fine piece of craftsmanship."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 53
JIC(20): 1d20 = 12




Leo wrote:The big man's face flushes, and he smiles. "Thank you... I... y'all have been real nice to me since we met yesterday. I don't know how'm ever gonna repay that."

Especially with the time I got left.

He smiles at Salomon. "Well... let's hit town. I can start by buying you a drink. You missed our last Char Pub-Crawl."

If Salomon agrees, Leo will head back to Char with the others, thankful he doesn't have to spend hours getting scrubbed up for Roma.


The Amaki shakes his head. "No repayment needed, sir. Kindness is its own reward. We will make it happen."

I get the feeling he'd do the same for me too.

When Leo offers to take Sal to Char and buy a drink: "I appreciate the kind offer, and I would like to spend some time with you and the others, Leo... but unfortunately, I have drained much of my magical energy reserves, and they need replenishing - so I will have to politely decline at this time. Rain check?" he asks with a smile.




Salomón will return to his meditation, recharging his reserves (should be finished by 0400 unless Dhal asks for the Lifeward spell, which will add 2 more hours). At that point, he will be fully recharged.

He will contemplate the meaning of his High Magus training, and explore the mysteries of high magic and rituals. Upon awakening, the High Magus experiences an epiphany of sorts, and realizes the next phase of his training, deepening his understanding of the arcane arts (ooc: gained a level and got new spells etc.)

I wonder if Dhaltuun was able to look into finding that plant? I shan't return empty-handed to the Collegiate... he thinks upon awakening from his meditative trance.

At the appropriate time, he will go look for Dhaltuun and ask (if Dhaltuun is awake), "Greetings sir - any luck on the Witch's Eye?"

Perhaps I can help him out some way in return if he has useful information...
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 6

Consumer wrote:Jason, Leo, Rufus, the Professor and Kevin make their way to Roma's. It takes them roughly a half hour to arrive at the the tented drinking hole. It is easy to spot Matthew and the Caslow brothers, minus Phil who went missing along with Two-Claws. The brothers seem to be well into their cups, and don't immediately notice the Templar and company. Matthew on the other hand does notice the group and stands and waves them over. "Good to see you guys, I was hoping that noting bad happened to you all in the proceeding night." Matthew says jovially.

Matthew lifts a blanket wrapped parcel from the ground near his seat and places it on the table. "Your payment as discussed." Matthew says as he unwraps the parcel to reveal a gun much like the ones you saw the Caslow's using the night before. "One Custom-built Hunting Rail Gun, and some spare ammo for it." Matthew says, gesturing to the well crafted looking rifle. While the rail gun parts may have been salvaged from broken weapons, the current incarnation of the rifle is solidly built with a hand carved wooden stock. The group notices it has a mounted scope and a bipod as well.

"As for the other part of the deal, I have spoken with a Legacy Scout I know, and he has some info your Professor would be most interested in." Matthew gestures to a man at a nearby table. "Feel free to ask him about the bunker."

The Professor seems thrilled and moves over to talk with the man, Kevin close in tow.

"So would you join us for a drink?" Matthew asks.


Rufus gives Matthew and the Caslows a grin and a nod. "Dobro spoštovani, prijatelji -- well met, friends." He notes the absence of Phil. "I take it there's been no word from Phil or Two Claws on your end, either?" Wolvenar watch over and protect them both... please bring them back to us safe.

Leo wrote:When Leo sees the railgun he lets out a quiet whistle. "That's a fine piece of craftsmanship."


Field Armorer & Munitions Expert -- 1d100 = 13/52% (to determine weapon quality)

"You're not just whistling Lazlo," Rufus nods, letting out a soft whistle of his own. "You could almost bolt this into a pintle mount on the Behemoth and use it for defense." He gently picks it up and then quickly sets it back down. "Woof. That's got some heft to it." He looks up at Leo. "You're probably the only one of us who could sling it from the hip." He glances over at Matthew. "What have you been hunting with this scaled-down cannon, anyway?"

He glances over to the other man having a conversation with the professor and Kevin, then back to Matthew. "I think you made the Prof quite happy. I don't think I've seen him this giddy since we left MercTown. Any hints as to what makes this 'bunker' special?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 52

Dexter continues to tweak and inspect all the vehicles. He takes a few breaks every now and again. Making notes of things that need maintenance or improvements in his personal computer. A little before dinner Dexter stops and heads off to wash up. Afterwards he walks into the galley. Looking around, he sees Dhaltunn and Vladimir. As Dhaltunn exits and reenters, Dexter becomes a bit confused. He scratches his head. "Cuz didn't you just leave to go find Salomon or sum'tin? Me dhinks he stayed. Me don't belive he went wit da rest of da crew. We be da only 3 from da Templars. Me been curious. Wit yet help'er an such, can ya' call a cert'n type or are day random?" Hav'n sum helper would be nice. Any'ting really. Expect no damn insects. Me hate 'em. Gotta burn den all. Dexter shudders when he tinks about have an insect for a helper. Red wire, blue wire. 10 mm wrench. 150 lbs of torque. Dexter quickly soothes himself back to being calm. Mov'n on, mov'n on. Now was me? Oh dats right. Only if day be efficient and don't get in me way. Plus day got to be mechanically inclined. Phish. Dats why me will just stick to robots and AIs.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:20 am

ROLLS HELD

Dhaltuun hums some random tune as he moves about the kitchen. ”This is my thing. I love being in a kitchen.” He takes a moment to realize Dex is watching. ”Oh sorry, cousin.” He wipes his hands on the rag on his belt as Dex asks about some help. ”Oh yeah. I can try to get something particular, better chance of success if random. What were you looking at?’ As they talk, Dhaltuun will check the food’s progress and stir or mix occasionally. (OOC - (try to remember helping mom in kitchen)). Dhal gives himself a small slap on the forehead ”Duh!! Would you like a sandwucih or drink? Anything?” Dhal will prepare a quick sandwich or snack and a pint of the dwarven beer while they speak.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:44 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Salomon wrote:"I appreciate the kind offer, and I would like to spend some time with you and the others, Leo... but unfortunately, I have drained much of my magical energy reserves, and they need replenishing - so I will have to politely decline at this time. Rain check?"


Leo nods understandingly. "I completely understand, tank's on E. Go fill 'er up."

Rufus wrote: "You're probably the only one of us who could sling it from the hip."


Leo nods. "Little side benefit of being just preposterously large." He smiles. Looking at the gun, he says , "Whattaya say, Bettie? Shall I take you out dancin'?" and chuckles.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 50

Jason heads over to Roams with the others. When Matthew waves them over, Jason waves back.

Consumer wrote:"Good to see you guys, I was hoping that noting bad happened to you all in the proceeding night." Matthew says jovially.
"A little armor damage, but we're in good shape, thanks. " Jason orders a beer and takes a seat.

When Matthew sets the railgun on the table and reveals it, Jason stands to take a better look. He examines it carefully and can't help bit be impressed. "That is one amazing piece of hardware. I never asked you earlier, what kind of range and accuracy is it capable of? I know back in my world, heavy weapons like this had great range and penetration but had only fair accuracy, say 75mm groups at 100 meters."

((Recognize Weapon Quality--77% / 1d100 = 54 )) - to determine how good the rifle actually is.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:09 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 6:05 PM. (30 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


At Camp
Dhal, Sal, Sarik, Dexter.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Vladimir!! Where are you, my friend? I am thinking of making a nioce dinner for our crew for a job well done. I want your help.” He spends a few minutes looking thru the cupboards. ”We need to do an updated inventory. So? What do we have and what can we make?” He bows his head in respect to his minion. ”I trust you and respect your knowledge, i will lave this to you. Just let me know what you decide and we can start. I have to go see Sal for a moment, but i will be right back.” Dhaltuun heads out to find Sal.


Dhaltuun finds Vladamir in the galley, peeling potatoes. Vladamir listens to Dhal talk rapid fire not really giving the hearth spirit time to actually respond, before rushing out. Several moments pass and Dhaltuun comes back in to ask more questions.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”What do you know of a plant called Witch’s Eye or something.”


"To answer your first question, It would be easier to tell you what we don't have. Stores are still loaded. I was getting ready to make stew, but we could make something else if you'd like." Vladimir says in his soft accented voice.

"To answer your second question, I know of the plant, grows on the edges of salt marshes... so to the east." The spirit answers.

Dhaltuun tries to do some research on the plant himself, but Dhaltuun can't find anything in the meager programs on his computer.

Sarik outside, practices his weapons kata. while Sal sits quietly inside the Behemoth meditating.

Dexter makes his way inside the Behemoth and finds Dhaltuun staring at a computer screen while the House Spirit Vladamir peels potatoes.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:"Cuz didn't you just leave to go find Salomon or sum'tin? Me dhinks he stayed. Me don't belive he went wit da rest of da crew. We be da only 3 from da Templars. Me been curious. Wit yet help'er an such, can ya' call a cert'n type or are day random?"


Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:”Oh yeah. I can try to get something particular, better chance of success if random. What were you looking at?’ As they talk, Dhaltuun will check the food’s progress and stir or mix occasionally. Dhal gives himself a small slap on the forehead ”Duh!! Would you like a sandwucih or drink? Anything?” Dhal will prepare a quick sandwich or snack and a pint of the dwarven beer while they speak.


At Roma's
Leo, Jason, Rufus.

Meanwhile at the center of Char's social circle Roma's, the rest of the Templar are having a drink and a conversation with the Mercenary Matthew Rogal and the remnants of the Caslow brothers. The Professor is off to the side having a conversation with a local scout, who seems to know about something of archeological importance.

Matthew and the Caslows listen to the various question.

Leo wrote:Leo smiles. "Nothing but a disappointing hunt." He chuckles. "I'm wildly out of practice."

The Caslow's chuckle, and Micah chimes in. "Takes time to learn how to hunt in the swamp, friend."

When Leo sees the railgun he lets out a quiet whistle. "That's a fine piece of craftsmanship."


Matthew nods. "These boys make a fine rifle from the skeletons of the past."

Rufus wrote:"Dobro spoštovani, prijatelji -- well met, friends." He notes the absence of Phil. "I take it there's been no word from Phil or Two Claws on your end, either?"


A round of negative head shakes go about the group.

Rufus wrote:"You're not just whistling Lazlo," Rufus nods, letting out a soft whistle of his own. "You could almost bolt this into a pintle mount on the Behemoth and use it for defense." He gently picks it up and then quickly sets it back down. "Woof. That's got some heft to it." He looks up at Leo. "You're probably the only one of us who could sling it from the hip." He glances over at Matthew. "What have you been hunting with this scaled-down cannon, anyway?"


Scott speaks up. "Dinosaurs mostly."

Rufus wrote:"I think you made the Prof quite happy. I don't think I've seen him this giddy since we left MercTown. Any hints as to what makes this 'bunker' special?"


Matthew nods. "Likely, he seems the kind of person who is interested in the undiscovered. As for what's there, no idea, not my type of thing."

Jason Long wrote:"A little armor damage, but we're in good shape, thanks. " Jason orders a beer and takes a seat.


Matthew nods. "That's good."

Jason Long wrote:"That is one amazing piece of hardware. I never asked you earlier, what kind of range and accuracy is it capable of? I know back in my world, heavy weapons like this had great range and penetration but had only fair accuracy, say 75mm groups at 100 meters."


"Little over a half a mile, I find them to be very accurate. Perfectly suited for sniping or hunting." Matthew says casually.

The conversations continue for a while before the professor comes back over with a few pieces of paper and an excited smile on his face. "I think we're set on our next prospect. A pre-appocalyptic bunker hidden in a dry spot in a salt march near the shore." The professor says excitedly.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:41 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 10 (Success)

JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 19

Rufus wrote:"What have you been hunting with this scaled-down cannon, anyway?"

Scott wrote:"Dinosaurs mostly."


Leo grins. "I use a hammer." He chuckles at his own joke.


The Professor wrote:"I think we're set on our next prospect. A pre-apocalyptic bunker hidden in a dry spot in a salt march near the shore."


Leo recalls one such bunker, out on the family farm. His family had figured it was built centuries before, to hide from potential bombing or other aciton, but built during a time of peace. It'd been buried, and had rusted out and corroded canned goods - all but crumbled to dust - and little to no weapons. It did have things like iodine tablets - degraded and worthless - which led them to believe it was a radiation-proof bunker at one point. It ended up being used as a root cellar after they'd cleaned it out.

Dammit, Leo... everything don't have to remind you of home. There's a damn job to do, and we need to get to it.

Leo thinks about the bunker in terms of the environment as it's been described, to try to evaluate what the situation might be when they get there, and what possible precautions they might want to take.

Excavation & Rescue 40% 1d100 = 86 (evaluation potential risks from the described bunker location - Fail)

"Do we know if this bunker's buried or above-ground? Old as it is, it's gonna have some structural weaknesses either way, I'd think." But what those might be... I have no idea.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 96

Dhaltunn wrote:"Duh!! Would you like a sandwucih or drink? Anything?”

Dexter lookesnover at Dhaltunn when he asks about a sandwich or drink. He stokes his beard as he thinks. Nodding his he answers."A drink is always nice. No need to be sorry, though. Me just been off tink'ering. Wait'n fer da crew to return. Hope day got sum good news." Dexter pushes the brim of his hat up a bit. A show of concern splashes across his face. He hangs his head and looks down and then back up at Dhaltunn. "So, um me been dhink'n bout yer buggy. It be need sum serious work. We also got to toughen it up alot. Meaning, one good ladder shot An she be dun fer. Hell, even if Two Claws runs into it too hard. Once we get back to da farm, me co could help you out wit dat. I dhink I might part me ATV out an get sumdi'n wit a bitif muskale behind it. Sumdi'n like a pathfinder. Me wanna take a mini workshop wit us some can still work pro'per. Me dun'no but a train sounds fun. Right?"
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 68
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A


POST
Dhaltuun is frustrated ’Nothing. I need to update these programs.” He uses his wrist quantlet to type a note. ”Note to self. Ask Rufus about updating programs.” He dloses his eyes for a second ”Great father. Please lessen my stress, send me a sign that I am walking the path you set before me.” He looks up as Dex enters and speaks. At he answer to his question, Dhaltuun gets up and pours 2 flagons of dwarven ale. ”Almost out. Need to find more or learn how to.” Dhaltuun returns and places one flagon in front of Dex.

Dexter pushes the brim of his hat up a bit. A show of concern splashes across his face. He hangs his head and looks down and then back up at Dhaltunn. "So, um me been dhink'n bout yer buggy. It be need sum serious work. We also got to toughen it up alot. Meaning, one good ladder shot An she be dun fer. Hell, even if Two Claws runs into it too hard. Once we get back to da farm, me co could help you out wit dat. I dhink I might part me ATV out an get sumdi'n wit a bitif muskale behind it. Sumdi'n like a pathfinder. Me wanna take a mini workshop wit us some can still work pro'per. Me dun'no but a train sounds fun. Right?"


Dhaltuun takes a moment to gather his thoughts before responding. ” My buggy? It is an old one, but she is still a good beast. I have had her for years. Me pap and I fixed her up.” There is a lost look in his eye for a moment. *sip of beer* As he wipes his mouth, ” Anything you can do, please feel free. I have had some ideas as well. Is there a way to house an entity? I remember stories from my youth about a guy, way back when, who had a talking car. *giggle* I was hoping we could make my buggy like that. But with an entity. thoughts?” He moves to help Vladimir with the prep but keeps listening to Dex. ((OOC - anyone who has talked with someone while they cooked, should know what I mean.))

After a few minutes, Dhaltuun gets a small headache. As his vision clears, he realizes Njord has blessed him with a way to help Sal as well as dex. He looks at Dex, ” Njord has shown me a way to help. I have been given a spell to trap entities in an object. Maybe I can use it on a willing entity and let it live in my buggy? Also, I think I can find Sal’s plant. Njord also granted me a locate spell. Lets me find stuff.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 40
JIC(20): 1d20 = 19




The High Magus continues his meditations, pondering the vastness of the megaverse, the magic energy weaved throughout it, and how the particulars of high magick interact with it all, as he recharges his magic reserves.

The magic energy permeates the megaverse and appears to be ever-present, though not always manifest.... coterminus with the existential plane of reality, as it were... he thinks while turning the concepts over in his mind and trying to examine them from different angles.

He pauses for a moment to dictate some notes into his computer: "Magical energy permeates the cosmos, but the Will and the Word of the practitioner are what draws them to the surface to manifest in what we know as reality..." he mumbles to himself as he dictates his notes before returning after a few seconds to his meditative contemplation. Magical knowledge and insights are flowing into the Amaki and he feels he is making good progress on his mystic capabilities.

OOC Comments
Not much is happening with Sal right now, so I'm trying to be creative in posting his meditation time so as to still get full posting credit - sorry it's not as sexy as his normal posts are!
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 86

Rufus nods sadly at the lack of news from Phil or Two Claws. He hadn't really expected anything different, it's just... well, it never hurts to hope. "I see. Well, the offer still stands -- if we hear or see anything we'll let you know as soon as we can."

Leo wrote:Leo nods. "Little side benefit of being just preposterously large." He smiles. Looking at the gun, he says , "Whattaya say, Bettie? Shall I take you out dancin'?" and chuckles.


Rufus chuckles. "What you do on your own time is your business... just make sure you bring her back in cleaner shape than you did yourself this morning."

I'm almost glad Kilo's not here... he says to himself. The sight of those two overgrown humies walking down the streets of Char would get all sorts of attention -- and probably a lot of it not good. Well... one humie and one ogre, to be more specific.

Consumer wrote:Scott speaks up. "Dinosaurs mostly."

Leo wrote:Leo grins. "I use a hammer." He chuckles at his own joke.


Rufus laughs and shakes his head. "My people have a saying -- 'if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.' Maybe we need to add to your tool box." He shrugs. "Seriously though, we could have used that during our last field trip. Actually ran into a Raptor King with a pack of dinosaur minions and a seriously over-inflated opinion of himself." He nods to the gun. "A tap or two from that would have deflated him somewhat, I'm sure."

Consumer wrote:The conversations continue for a while before the professor comes back over with a few pieces of paper and an excited smile on his face. "I think we're set on our next prospect. A pre-appocalyptic bunker hidden in a dry spot in a salt march near the shore." The professor says excitedly.


Rufus' ears perk up. "Pre-apocalyptic, you say? As in before the Cataclysm? Now that is exciting." He resists the urge to start wagging his tail. "Any clues as to what it was used for? Or is that more of a 'we'll-find-out-when-we-get-there' kind of thing?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:13 am

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d100 = 34 1d20 = 14

Sarik just continues on through his kata, before finishing up and then heading off to clean up and have some sort of bath or shower or, well what ever was available. Or at least he'd try to, one way or another.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:34 am

Dhaltunn wrote:” Anything you can do, please feel free. I have had some ideas as well. Is there a way to house an entity? I remember stories from my youth about a guy, way back when, who had a talking car. *giggle* I was hoping we could make my buggy like that. But with an entity. thoughts?”

Dexter takes a couple drinks from his drink as Dhaltunn talks. Dexter look a little perplexed when it's mentioned about adding an entity. Is he talki'n bout sumdin like a rune weapon? Not sure me sees da point. But then wit his choice of, well, companions. It doesn't surprise me. "Entities? Like an art-e-fishal intellect? Me dont know. Not sure if dat would be a good idea but if a talk'n ride is what ya want, me pretty sure me could come up with sumdin. Me ain't say'n dat it's off da table but at least dhink of all da bad things dat might come bout." Dexter dose his best not to distract Dhaltunn, as he prepares for dinner. "Ya feel'n ok, cuz?" Dexter asks when he notices Dhaltunn getting a headache.

Dhaltunn wrote:” Njord has shown me a way to help. I have been given a spell to trap entities in an object. Maybe I can use it on a willing entity and let it live in my buggy? Also, I think I can find Sal’s plant. Njord also granted me a locate spell. Lets me find stuff.”


"Me sure dat Salomon would be happy about the assistance. Not sure how many entities would be willi'n to like yer buggy. Den what da me know."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:24 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 6:35 PM. (30 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


At Camp
Dhal, Sal, Sarik, Dexter.

Camp is extremely quiet, with Sarik looking to take a bath or shower, and finding showers available in the Behemoth Explorer. Dhaltuun and Dexter converse while Dhal is cooking about magical contraptions and what not. All while Salomón sits quietly meditating in his quarters.

For anyone curious:
Outside Jessie patrols the roof of the building, while Bob watches the ground floor with his robot helpers. The other members of the team are busy inside their Pathmaker cleaning and cataloging the finds they have gotten so far.

At Roma's
Leo, Jason, Rufus.

The group talks for a bit with each other.

Leo wrote:"Do we know if this bunker's buried or above-ground? Old as it is, it's gonna have some structural weaknesses either way, I'd think." But what those might be... I have no idea.


"According to the scout, the bunker is mostly below ground save for a small part of it that is likely the entrance. But it's remained relatively hidden due to the flora in the area." The Professor says excitedly.

Rufus wrote:Rufus' ears perk up. "Pre-apocalyptic, you say? As in before the Cataclysm? Now that is exciting." He resists the urge to start wagging his tail. "Any clues as to what it was used for? Or is that more of a 'we'll-find-out-when-we-get-there' kind of thing?"


The professor shakes his head. "No idea, I would guess it has something to do with the old United States of America's military, but it could possibly be a civilian site too. The scout never got close enough to explore it." The professor says joyfully.

Jason seems stoically quiet during all of this.

"I think we should make our way back to camp and prepare for the trip, in this case I want to take the entire camp." The professor says happily.

Shortly thereafter the group makes it goodbyes and proceeds back to camp.

Arriving at the end of this post.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 7

"Dhat be musk to me eers!ears!" Dexter exclaimed as he quickly finishes the rest of his beer. Slamming the glass down, he lets out a frothy belch. "Ahhh! Sounds like our frens be back. Wanna go 'n see how dark we meet'n went?" Dexter waits for a response from Dhaltunn. After a second or two he stands up and wipes his mouth off with the back of his forearm. "Well, stay if ye like. Me is goi'n to see anyway." Dexter turns and walks out to meet up with the rest of the group.

Dexter walks outside shortly after all the engines stop. Listen to see if any of them need a tune up. He watches as the exit, seeing if what type of spoils their little skirmish yielded. "So, what type of payment did we get? Anything useful or good? And what of dare fri'nd, day give da professor sum useful info? Do we got a new spot to goi'n look'see?" As all the members disembark, he notices the Two Claws is with them. Hump. Still no pussy tat. Wonder ware sh went off to. Last me saw we were hunt dem ware'voles. Hope one of dem didn't get her. One of dare fellow was wit her, too?! So me dont get it. Were day concerned? Let's see if day bring it up in dare report.

Skill Roll
Basic Mechanics 60% / 1d100 = 84 - listen is the sounds of the vehicles and see if any are not running properly.
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 62%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 11

Jaon is so caught up in examining the rifle that he almost misses the Professor's announcement.

Consumer wrote:"According to the scout, the bunker is mostly below ground save for a small part of it that is likely the entrance. But it's remained relatively hidden due to the flora in the area." The Professor says excitedly.


hmmm.. an underground bunker next to a salt marsh...hope it was properly sealed or we are going swimming Jason recalls his one visit to the South America Grand Cannon site and how it was mostly flooded after only a dozen years or so of being abandoned. Luckily his power armor is enviro sealed, unlike his old Southern Cross armor.

Ok, underground...what specialized gear might be useful Jason starts making a mental check list; additional lights, grease pencils or paint to mark the way, extra air in case there are extensive flooded areas, rope, rock climbing gear, pry bars, cutting torches....what else...

Once back at camp, Jason calls all of the Templar over so that the Professor can make his announcement. "Since we will be going underground for at least part of this, does anyone have training in caving or underground exploration? I, personally don't. I have been at another abandoned underground facility in my own world though. Parts of it were flooded. Since this is near a salt marsh, I would expect to find metal doors rusted closed. If the professor approves, I would like to discuss what we might need tonight, make some purchases in the morning, and be on the road after lunch tomorrow. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:35 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 62

JIC: 1d20 = 12
1d100 = 96

Rufus wrote: "What you do on your own time is your business... just make sure you bring her back in cleaner shape than you did yourself this morning."


Leo smiles. "Sad thing is, that'd be my first date in 3 years." He chuckles, and then looks again at the gun. "Nice as she is, I'm not that desperate. Yet."

Three years. Three down... two to go? Three to go?

A distant look passes over Leo's eyes for an instant, before he brushes the morbid thoughts aside.

Rufus wrote:"My people have a saying -- 'if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.' Maybe we need to add to your tool box."



Leo nods. "I think that's... kinda the point of the Titan Juicer process." He laughs. "Nailin' stuff."

Rufus wrote:"Seriously though, we could have used that during our last field trip. Actually ran into a Raptor King with a pack of dinosaur minions and a seriously over-inflated opinion of himself. A tap or two from that would have deflated him somewhat, I'm sure."


"I think I landed in your midst during that fight. Fun times."


The Professor wrote:"According to the scout, the bunker is mostly below ground save for a small part of it that is likely the entrance. But it's remained relatively hidden due to the flora in the area."


Jason wrote:"Since we will be going underground for at least part of this, does anyone have training in caving or underground exploration? I, personally don't."


Leo raises his hand. "I do. During my... before I got here I was a miner. So I have mining and excavation experience, and I've had to do underground rescue a time or two, so I'm familiar with that, if worse comes to worst."

Who knew that skills I learned as a slave would come in handy so soon... still.. I hope we don't need them. I'd rather not think about my time in the mines if I can help it.

Back at camp, Leo makes sure the team has a good amount of strong rope or chain - no less than 100' if possible, as well as some hammers and metal stakes. He also checks to make sure there's adequate portable lighting - flashlights, lanterns, or armor-mounted lamps.

Mining 45% 1d100 = 98 (identify and gather useful equipment for mining - pickaxes, shovels, hammers, and other useful gear, stell poles or thick wooden beams for bracing, etc. - from the gear currently present - FAIL)
Excavation & Rescue 40% 1d100 = 29 (identify useful underground rescue equipment - poles & canvas to create a makeshift stretcher if needed, as well as first aid equipment, in addition to the mining/climbing and rock-shifting equipment listed above - SUCCEED)

OOC Comments
He will gather the following from group gear for this mission:
    1 Robot Medical Kit
    2 IRMSS Injectors
    Case of bottled water
    2 Night Sight Goggles
    "salvaged metal " (from here) - if such includes strong beams, brackets, etc.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:05 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 74
JIC: 1d100 = 91 1d20 = 10

Sarik would clean himself up and have a (for him) Luxurious shower for the first time in a good while in the Behemoth. He'd even casually sing as he did, and then go through cleaning himself and his things up, along with using his grooming kit to get himself more neat and tidy than he had in a good long while.

Wardrobe & Grooming: 74% 1d100 = 93
Sing 52% 1d100 = 23

Consumer wrote:For anyone curious:
Outside Jessie patrols the roof of the building, while Bob watches the ground floor with his robot helpers. The other members of the team are busy inside their Pathmaker cleaning and cataloging the finds they have gotten so far.


Once he was finished and snagged something to eat, Sarik would head on over to the team that was going over the finds and try to check things out, without getting in the way. "Is there anything I can give a hand with?" he asks after a little bit, feeling a bit lost as to what to do while waiting for the others to return.
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:27 am

( Rolls Carried Over )
Jason wrote:"Since we will be going underground for at least part of this, does anyone have training in caving or underground exploration? I, personally don't. I have been at another abandoned underground facility in my own world though. Parts of it were flooded. Since this is near a salt marsh, I would expect to find metal doors rusted closed. If the professor approves, I would like to discuss what we might need tonight, make some purchases in the morning, and be on the road after lunch tomorrow. "

Leo wrote:"I do. During my... before I got here I was a miner. So I have mining and excavation experience, and I've had to do underground rescue a time or two, so I'm familiar with that, if worse comes to worst."


Dexter looks back and forth between Leo and Jason. " Me gots a little experience wit minning and prospect'n but den we dwarves be good at be'n undagrund. Betwee'n me knowledge and Leo's stren'th, we should over come any'ding dat we encounter."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 54 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 45
Initiative: 1d20 = 1
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% / 1d100 = 58 - stew for dinner
Cooking 69% / 1d100 = 4 - pies
Cooking 69% / 1d100 = 68 - jerky

POST
Dhaltuun looks up from the pot he is stirring. ” Ok cuz. I will see you in a bit. Just need to finish up so we can feed everyone.” He looks over at Vladimir ” Almost done@ we are in the home stretch. You all set on your end?” Dhaltuun checks on the pies that are baking ’Almost done as well. If I timed this right, it all should be done at the same time.``

At the sounds of the returning party, Dhal looks over his shoulder at his sous chef. ” All yours, Vladimir. I am gonna go see what the news is. Radio me when it is done and i will help serve.” Wiping his hands on a rag, Dhaltuun heads outside just in time to hear Jason’s report.

Dhaltuun chuckles as he replies ’Haha. Unfortunately, I am not that kind of dwarf. I was raised on the sea. I know more about sailing than I do about caves and mining. I may be able to call for some help. Let me commune and I will get back to you.” Dhaltuun tries to think of what he can summon to assist them in this endeavor.

Hearing that both Leo and Dex have some experience in that area, Dhal decides to ask Njord to send some help. ” How long till you want to head out? Tomorrow noon? I need to get to work. Excuse me please.” He rushes back into behemoth and heads to the galley. ” Well Vladimir. We are heading out again. The goal is to leave by noon tomorrow. So let's get dinner done and then I will start on some jerky and such. Then I need to go and get some stuff from town as well as find time to see if Njord will help.” He hits his radio ”Jessie. Hey, can you please come to the galley? We need to discuss plans.”

Dhaltuun adds the finishing touches to the stew and pies as he waits for his best minion. When Jessie arrives, Dhaltuun smiles. ’Hi Jessie. How was everything while we were gone? Haha, our hunting trip fed Cat and Marcella, but we had a good time trying.” He will give her time to respond before continuing. ’ I don't know if you heard or not, but Jason wants to head out by tomorrow at Noon. Is there anything you need or you feel we need to get from town? Oh..did you get your armor repaired? If not tell me and I will see about that right quick.” He will start the prep work for some jerky.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 55
JIC(20): 1d20 = 15




Jason Long wrote:Once back at camp, Jason calls all of the Templar over so that the Professor can make his announcement.


Salomón comes out, wondering what could be so pressing as to interrupt his much-needed meditation time.

Jason Long wrote:"Since we will be going underground for at least part of this, does anyone have training in caving or underground exploration? I, personally don't. I have been at another abandoned underground facility in my own world though. Parts of it were flooded. Since this is near a salt marsh, I would expect to find metal doors rusted closed. If the professor approves, I would like to discuss what we might need tonight, make some purchases in the morning, and be on the road after lunch tomorrow. "


"I do not have any Spelunking training, but I possess both mystical and mundane means around doors of any kind, so I don't expect that to present much of an obstacle for us," he says.

He glances at the time, and a sudden realization comes to him. The Equinox! It's tomorrow! he thinks.

Quickly, the Amaki consults his knowledge of areas of mystic power:
Skill Roll! Lore: Geomancy & Ley Lines (where's a Ley Line in this area?) 1d100 = 11 / 67%

And there should be a Ley Line within roughly 70-ish miles of here too... he thinks to himself.

Excitedly, the High Magus blurts out, "I have a special request. Tomorrow is a day of great magical power in areas that are replete with mystic energy. Many of my magical abilities require significant advance preparation and intensive investment in magical energy, and it would be a great boon to me, as well as perhaps some of the other spellcasters in the group, if we could spend the day tomorrow on a Ley Line so as to utilize it for this purpose. For example - I could make magical items to distribute amongst the group that would be quite helpful both in this excursion and beyond, if I were able to spend the day at a Ley Line tomorrow - and, to boot-" here, he looks directly at Jason Long - "- I could prepare for any stubborn doors that could get in our way."

Pausing for a moment, he nods and continues: "If the non-magic group members could spend another day around Char in preparation and so on, I'm certain that any other spellcasters interested in tapping the power of the Ley Lines during the Vernal Equinox tomorrow along with me could benefit significantly from the journey. However, if none of you wish to come with me, I can make the journey alone, if need be. I imagine it's a bit of a trek for ground vehicles, but through the power of magical flight, I don't expect it to take longer than perhaps an hour or two at most..."

He looks around at the other spellcasters in the group for support.

I have not asked for much since i arrived. Hopefully, this request will not be seen as demanding and the Templar can accommodate it.

Assuming the Templar agree to this request, the Amaki thanks everyone, and then goes into Char to pick up some minor supplies, asking if any other spellcaster might like to join him.

Sal's shopping list
10 gemstones of varying colors (2 red, 2 blue, 2 green, 2 black, 2 yellow) - cheap is fine (colored quartz, whatever)
30 medallions suitable to be put on bracelets or necklaces
20 amulets either made of a single metal "purified by fire" - assuming that just means smelted - or "semiprecious stone" (i.e. garnet or amethyst, etc. - low value)
10 rings of bone (assumed those are common, so no rolls needed)
10 pieces of bone, suitable for carving (assumed those are common, so no rolls needed)
40 necklace-sized strips of leather (assumed those are common, so no rolls needed)

(2 successful skill checks required, Suggested Modifier: -10%)

gemstones
Appraise Goods 1d100 = 16/67%
Anthropology 1d100 = 97/67%
Barter 1d100 = 92/65%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: /65%
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 100/ 73%
Research 1d100 = 78/ 72%

medallions
Appraise Goods 1d100 = 8/67%
Anthropology 1d100 = 24/67%
Barter 1d100 = 77/65%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 44/65%
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 86/ 73%
Research 1d100 = 86/ 72%

amulets
Appraise Goods 1d100 = 20/67%
Anthropology 1d100 = 90/67%
Barter 1d100 = 70/65%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 13/65%
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 85/ 73%
Research 1d100 = 28/ 72%
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:20 pm

( Rolls Carried Over )
Salomon wrote:""I have a special request. Tomorrow is a day of great magical power in areas that are replete with mystic energy. Many of my magical abilities require significant advance preparation and intensive investment in magical energy, and it would be a great boon to me, as well as perhaps some of the other spellcasters in the group, if we could spend the day tomorrow on a Ley Line so as to utilize it for this purpose. For example - I could make magical items to distribute amongst the group that would be quite helpful both in this excursion and beyond, if I were able to spend the day at a Ley Line tomorrow - and, to boot-" here, he looks directly at Jason Long - "- I could prepare for any stubborn doors that could get in our way."

Pausing for a moment, he nods and continues: "If the non-magic group members could spend another day around Char in preparation and so on, I'm certain that any other spellcasters interested in tapping the power of the Ley Lines during the Vernal Equinox tomorrow along with me could benefit significantly from the journey. However, if none of you wish to come with me, I can make the journey alone, if need be. I imagine it's a bit of a trek for ground vehicles, but through the power of magical flight, I don't expect it to take longer than perhaps an hour or two at most..."

Dexter's ears burn as her overhears a conversation that Salomom has initiated. Once Salomon has finished, Dexter responds. "Verrnall eekwenocks, huh? Is it dat time? Dexter looks up at the sky. He puts his hand up to shield his eyes from the sunlight. He then looks back as Salomon. "Humph. Me wouldn't know ne ways. Dat ain't my experese. Dohse dings don't really effect me type of work. Do if ye be need'n me energy fer sum spell work, den me be willing to help out. Doh, me may be need'n some of y'er spell knowledge fer some of me work ladder on. If ya' dont mind. Me scratch 'or back and you scratch mine. Maybe we can work do get'ter and make em more permanent. "
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Dhaltuun stops his trip inside as Salomon speaks. ’I am in, my friend.We can take my buggy. ” He suddenly stops and goes wide-eyed. ”Tomorrow is the equinox?!” He bows his head in respect towards Salomon. ’I completely lost track of the date. Thank you, Sal. I have much to do as well.” He then continues on to the galley.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Rolls held over

Leo wrote:
Leo raises his hand. "I do. During my... before I got here I was a miner. So I have mining and excavation experience, and I've had to do underground rescue a time or two, so I'm familiar with that, if worse comes to worst."


Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter looks back and forth between Leo and Jason. " Me gots a little experience wit minning and prospect'n but den we dwarves be good at be'n undagrund. Betwee'n me knowledge and Leo's stren'th, we should over come any'ding dat we encounter."


Salomón wrote:Excitedly, the High Magus blurts out, "I have a special request. Tomorrow is a day of great magical power in areas that are replete with mystic energy. Many of my magical abilities require significant advance preparation and intensive investment in magical energy, and it would be a great boon to me, as well as perhaps some of the other spellcasters in the group, if we could spend the day tomorrow on a Ley Line so as to utilize it for this purpose. For example - I could make magical items to distribute amongst the group that would be quite helpful both in this excursion and beyond, if I were able to spend the day at a Ley Line tomorrow - and, to boot-" here, he looks directly at Jason Long - "- I could prepare for any stubborn doors that could get in our way."

Pausing for a moment, he nods and continues: "If the non-magic group members could spend another day around Char in preparation and so on, I'm certain that any other spellcasters interested in tapping the power of the Ley Lines during the Vernal Equinox tomorrow along with me could benefit significantly from the journey. However, if none of you wish to come with me, I can make the journey alone, if need be. I imagine it's a bit of a trek for ground vehicles, but through the power of magical flight, I don't expect it to take longer than perhaps an hour or two at most..."


Jason smiles, Well, we'll be better prepared that I thought. Jason nods at each of the three, "Great news. I have little experience underground myself. Depending on the state of this facility, we may all be leaning on your skills. " Jason considers Salomon's proposal carefully. I wish I understood magic better, but it sounds to me like it would be well worth the delay. Also, as excited as Salomon is, it must be very important to him... "Far be it from me to dampen your enthusiasm. Especially since I don't know or use magic. I will discuss it with the professor and ask him for the delay. What do the rest of you magic types say?"

Once the others chime in, Jason will put the request to the Professor. "Sir, in preparing for us moving to the new location, will you consent to leaving first thing in the morning the day after tomorrow? I have been informed that tomorrow is the equinox and it is an exceptional time for some of the Templar to make certain preparations. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 32


Leo wrote:"I think I landed in your midst during that fight. Fun times."


Rufus snaps his fingers. "You're right, you're right. You know how one day blends into another when out in the field. It feels like your brain takes a holiday slowdown and suddenly yesterday feels like 3 months ago."

Leo wrote:"I think that's... kinda the point of the Titan Juicer process." He laughs. "Nailin' stuff."


"So I've heard," Rufus chuckles back. "The idea was to create humans who could go toe-to-toe with demons, monsters, and other assorted creepy-crawlies that go 'boo' in the night -- or something like that. Whatever the truth of the story it's been my experience that having a Titan Juicer on your team is worth their lifting weight in gold. I've got a spell that'll let me bench press a ton and a half, but that's small potatoes to you Titans. And if there's a good heart underneath that drug harness... well, that's the most important strength right there."

He rubs his muzzle. "Though I'll leave the various connotations of 'nailin' stuff' to you," he adds with a grin.

Jason Long wrote:Once back at camp, Jason calls all of the Templar over so that the Professor can make his announcement. "Since we will be going underground for at least part of this, does anyone have training in caving or underground exploration? I, personally don't. I have been at another abandoned underground facility in my own world though. Parts of it were flooded. Since this is near a salt marsh, I would expect to find metal doors rusted closed. If the professor approves, I would like to discuss what we might need tonight, make some purchases in the morning, and be on the road after lunch tomorrow. "


Rufus shakes his head. "Nope, but I can cast spells that will provide light and allow someone to function without oxygen for about..." he counts on his fingers. "Just under 20 minutes at a whack."

He rubs his chin. "If we're going to expect rusted shut doors and possible collapsed sections, we're going to need digging and leverage tools." He glances up at Leo. "We'll definitely need to get you a rather sturdy pry bar." Looking over at Dhaltuun he raises an eyebrow. "Dhal, do you know of any beings you can summon that are good at digging or tunneling?"

Salomón wrote:Excitedly, the High Magus blurts out, "I have a special request. Tomorrow is a day of great magical power in areas that are replete with mystic energy. Many of my magical abilities require significant advance preparation and intensive investment in magical energy, and it would be a great boon to me, as well as perhaps some of the other spellcasters in the group, if we could spend the day tomorrow on a Ley Line so as to utilize it for this purpose. For example - I could make magical items to distribute amongst the group that would be quite helpful both in this excursion and beyond, if I were able to spend the day at a Ley Line tomorrow - and, to boot-" here, he looks directly at Jason Long - "- I could prepare for any stubborn doors that could get in our way."

Pausing for a moment, he nods and continues: "If the non-magic group members could spend another day around Char in preparation and so on, I'm certain that any other spellcasters interested in tapping the power of the Ley Lines during the Vernal Equinox tomorrow along with me could benefit significantly from the journey. However, if none of you wish to come with me, I can make the journey alone, if need be. I imagine it's a bit of a trek for ground vehicles, but through the power of magical flight, I don't expect it to take longer than perhaps an hour or two at most..."


Jason Long wrote:Jason smiles, Well, we'll be better prepared that I thought. Jason nods at each of the three, "Great news. I have little experience underground myself. Depending on the state of this facility, we may all be leaning on your skills. " Jason considers Salomon's proposal carefully. I wish I understood magic better, but it sounds to me like it would be well worth the delay. Also, as excited as Salomon is, it must be very important to him... "Far be it from me to dampen your enthusiasm. Especially since I don't know or use magic. I will discuss it with the professor and ask him for the delay. What do the rest of you magic types say?"



Rufus' ears perk up. "Wait, what? The Vernal Equinox is tomorrow? I can't believe I let that slip up on me..." he facepalms and shakes his head before looking back up at Leo. "Remember what I said about your brain taking a holiday? Well, there it is again." he shakes the mental cobwebs away and turns his attention back to Salomón. "I'm certainly game. I could use some meditation time at a ley line. You know where one is? I tried feeling around for a nexus or a ley line when we hit town but couldn't sense anything."

He gives Jason an 'are you kidding me' expression. "You give a spellcaster an opportunity to recharge his batteries on a ley line he'd be nuts to turn you down." he snorts softly. "I'd hate to rain on the professor's excitement by asking him to hold off a day but I think it'd be well worth it."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:12 am

**ROLLS HELD**




Dexter Portlywright wrote:Dexter's ears burn as her overhears a conversation that Salomom has initiated. Once Salomon has finished, Dexter responds. "Verrnall eekwenocks, huh? Is it dat time? Dexter looks up at the sky. He puts his hand up to shield his eyes from the sunlight. He then looks back as Salomon. "Humph. Me wouldn't know ne ways. Dat ain't my experese. Dohse dings don't really effect me type of work. Do if ye be need'n me energy fer sum spell work, den me be willing to help out. Doh, me may be need'n some of y'er spell knowledge fer some of me work ladder on. If ya' dont mind. Me scratch 'or back and you scratch mine. Maybe we can work do get'ter and make em more permanent. "


"It is indeed that time, my Techcno-Wizard friend!" says the Amaki, clearly excited about the potential. "I'd be glad to have you along. The more, the merrier, as they say. And an exchange is no problem at all..." he says to the dwarf.




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun stops his trip inside as Salomon speaks. ’I am in, my friend.We can take my buggy. ” He suddenly stops and goes wide-eyed. ”Tomorrow is the equinox?!” He bows his head in respect towards Salomon. ’I completely lost track of the date. Thank you, Sal. I have much to do as well.” He then continues on to the galley.


"Yes sir, it's not even a day away now. We should find the Ley Lines surging... it's a great time to do those spells and rituals that require a lot of magical energy," he says.

When Dhaltuun mentions taking the vehicle, the High Magus frowns. "Hmm, I appreciate the offer, but I think with this terrain, and plenty of unknown things ahead, it might be quicker - and safer - for us to fly there magically... what do you say? I wonder who all can cast the spells needed? Hmm..."

Perhaps Rufus?

"Dhaltuun, something else I wanted to ask you about - I see you working with animals quite a bit. Are you well-versed in leathermaking? I would like to get a custom bandoleer or belt made that can hold scrolls for easy access. Do you think that's possible? What would need to happen? I'm heading to Char shortly.. do you think we could pick up some leather there and you could work on that for me? I'd be happy to compensate you."

Jason Long wrote:Jason smiles, Well, we'll be better prepared that I thought. Jason nods at each of the three, "Great news. I have little experience underground myself. Depending on the state of this facility, we may all be leaning on your skills. " Jason considers Salomon's proposal carefully. I wish I understood magic better, but it sounds to me like it would be well worth the delay. Also, as excited as Salomon is, it must be very important to him... "Far be it from me to dampen your enthusiasm. Especially since I don't know or use magic. I will discuss it with the professor and ask him for the delay. What do the rest of you magic types say?"

Once the others chime in, Jason will put the request to the Professor. "Sir, in preparing for us moving to the new location, will you consent to leaving first thing in the morning the day after tomorrow? I have been informed that tomorrow is the equinox and it is an exceptional time for some of the Templar to make certain preparations. "


"Much obliged, sir. I believe you will be pleased with the results of our preparations," says the High Magus to Jason Long.

Now, we have to make good on that promise... but assuming we can locate some basic materials for these rituals, I think a good impression will be forthcoming.

Rufus wrote:Rufus' ears perk up. "Wait, what? The Vernal Equinox is tomorrow? I can't believe I let that slip up on me..." he facepalms and shakes his head before looking back up at Leo. "Remember what I said about your brain taking a holiday? Well, there it is again." he shakes the mental cobwebs away and turns his attention back to Salomón. "I'm certainly game. I could use some meditation time at a ley line. You know where one is? I tried feeling around for a nexus or a ley line when we hit town but couldn't sense anything."

He gives Jason an 'are you kidding me' expression. "You give a spellcaster an opportunity to recharge his batteries on a ley line he'd be nuts to turn you down." he snorts softly. "I'd hate to rain on the professor's excitement by asking him to hold off a day but I think it'd be well worth it."


"I agree. We should take advantage of it. There are some times that are stronger for mystic energy surges than other times. Fortunately, an Equinox - whether Vernal or Autumnal - isn't one of the times where it's so strong that random rifts tend to appear. Still, we should be on the lookout for unusual happenings, as we aren't the only things that can utilize this energy. I will be glad to have you along, my friend," he says to the Kankoran.

The Amaki shifts on his feet and asks, "By the way... Dhaltuun offered his vehicle for the trip, but I'm thinking magical flight might be a better option. I do know the Fly as the Eagle spell. Do you know if anyone else in the Templar has it?"
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

( Rolls Carried Over )
Salomon wrote:"By the way... Dhaltuun offered his vehicle for the trip, but I'm thinking magical flight might be a better option. I do know the Fly as the Eagle spell. Do you know if anyone else in the Templar has it?"


Dexter shifts his weight from one leg to the other. He scratches his belly as tinks of an answer. "Da only dhing me get is da spell of Fly but me don't dhink we gots n'edhing dat might work. Do you know if we got n'e carpets or drapes. Oh, a sheet of canvas might work. Don't know if me cuz has it or even Rufus does but me rek'on dat Rufus be more of y'er man."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:54 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 6:45 PM. (10 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


Skills
Dexter: Basic Mechanics (listen is the sounds of the vehicles and see if any are not running properly.): They sound fine, but Dexter keeps second guessing himself.
Leo: Mining (identify and gather useful equipment for mining - pickaxes, shovels, hammers, and other useful gear, stell poles or thick wooden beams for bracing, etc. - from the gear currently present.): Leo is sure that the team has all the necessary equipment.
Excavation & Rescue (identify useful underground rescue equipment - poles & canvas to create a makeshift stretcher if needed, as well as first aid equipment, in addition to the mining/climbing and rock-shifting equipment listed above): All of that seems to be available.
Dhaltuun: Cooking (stew for dinner): Comes out fine, nothing too special, but definitely edible.
Cooking (pies): The pies come out beautifully.
Cooking (jerky): Seems edible, maybe.


With the arrival of the group from Roma's, Jason makes sure that the Templar are gathered, while the professor gathers his team as well. Once everyone is grouped together near the campfire outside, the professor speaks up.

"Good news everyone, I have found our next place of interest. A bunker a distance east of here near the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. I intend to make it our last stop in this area so we will be breaking down camp and making our way towards the site tomorrow morning." The professor says with a great amount of excitement.

A few short minutes later after the group has conversed with itself and Jason has approached the Professor about a possible change of plans. The Professor's team begins stowing gear that isn't needed for basic comfort and cleaning up the campsite.

Jason Long wrote: "Sir, in preparing for us moving to the new location, will you consent to leaving first thing in the morning the day after tomorrow? I have been informed that tomorrow is the equinox and it is an exceptional time for some of the Templar to make certain preparations."


The Professor actually looks less than pleased by the question. "No, we leave tomorrow. I am paying you and yours to protect my team, not facilitating your teams "whatever". The little hunt you guys went on last night was okay, because I was still researching the situation. And I am thankful to you and yours for getting me a meeting with the scout. But I have a time limit, and adding days to it doesn't bode well for my grants. If you feel like you could still protect my team with part of yours running off, then let them go, but they'll have to catch back up to us, as I intend to make the most of my research time." The professor says with forced politeness. Jason gets the feeling the professor would sooner leave the Templar behind if he had to.


Sal's Shopping
You haven't gone shopping yet as of the post, but if you do this is what you'll find (with prices) after 2 hours of shopping.
Gemstones: Sal finds 4, 2 Clear Quartz, 1 Lapis Lazuli, 1 Red Garnet. (2 Clear Quartz: 120 credits each, Lapis Lazuli: 7,000 credits, Red Garnet: 2,000 credits)
Medallions: 10 are available (100 credits each)
Amulets: He finds 5 available. (1,000 credits each)
Bone Rings: (300 credits each)
Pieces of Bone sized for carving (10 credits each)
Leather Cord: 100 credits for a spool 30' long.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:58 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 30
JIC(20): 1d20 = 15

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 6:45 PM. (10 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.


Consumer wrote:The Professor actually looks less than pleased by the question. "No, we leave tomorrow. I am paying you and yours to protect my team, not facilitating your teams "whatever". The little hunt you guys went on last night was okay, because I was still researching the situation. And I am thankful to you and yours for getting me a meeting with the scout. But I have a time limit, and adding days to it doesn't bode well for my grants. If you feel like you could still protect my team with part of yours running off, then let them go, but they'll have to catch back up to us, as I intend to make the most of my research time." The professor says with forced politeness. Jason gets the feeling the professor would sooner leave the Templar behind if he had to.


The Amaki overhears this and is puzzled. As someone with research experience himself, he knows that grant-funded research does not look bad when it takes a single day longer than was planned for when that extra day is not lost on wasteful pursuits and improves the quality of the research.

He responds to the Professor: "Professor, what we are proposing is certainly not "whatever." You stated you are employing the Templar to protect the team, right? Well, I ask you to consider that your team will be better protected this way," he says, going to the heart of the Professor's objection.

He follows up with: "A single day is a small price to pay for greater chances of success on this venture, wouldn't you say? It is a small sacrifice for significantly improved odds. You and your team would not have been able to fare well against the things we've already encountered without our considerable assistance. These preparations are important, and I should expect your benefactors - that is, the powers that grant you the funds to do this research - would understand the value in good preparation. You chose wisely in hiring the Templar to safeguard your party and equipment, so I'm sure you'll reconsider and wisely defer to our experience in deciding the best ways to protect your equipment and party on this excursion as well."

A reasonable person should be able to see this request is not much to ask of them.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest