A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:09 am

Mini-Update

Salomón wrote:"Professor, what we are proposing is certainly not "whatever." You stated you are employing the Templar to protect the team, right? Well, I ask you to consider that your team will be better protected this way," he says, going to the heart of the Professor's objection.

He follows up with: "A single day is a small price to pay for greater chances of success on this venture, wouldn't you say? It is a small sacrifice for significantly improved odds. You and your team would not have been able to fare well against the things we've already encountered without our considerable assistance..."


The Professor cuts Salomón off. "No, I have a deadline and your little excursion will most definitely bite into it. I have far more riding on this than you could understand. I hired the Templar to protect the team, not so they can do as the want on my dime. If you really feel like you need to go and do this, you do so on your own, I will not wait more time as we are leaving first thing in the morning. Plus I am explicitly not supposed to do any work on Ley Lines as part of my grant. Now excuse me I have preparations to take care of."

After which the Professor in a foul mood now, begins ordering his people around to speed up packing up camp.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:41 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 67

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 20

Dexter wrote:"Me gots a little experience wit mining and prospect'n but den we dwarves be good at be'n undagrund. Between me knowledge and Leo's stren'th, we should over come any'ding dat we encounter."


Leo nods. I was never like... a foreman or anything... but I'm sure my strength will be an asset, at least.

Rufus wrote: "The idea was to create humans who could go toe-to-toe with demons, monsters, and other assorted creepy-crawlies that go 'boo' in the night -- or something like that. Whatever the truth of the story it's been my experience that having a Titan Juicer on your team is worth their lifting weight in gold. I've got a spell that'll let me bench press a ton and a half, but that's small potatoes to you Titans. And if there's a good heart underneath that drug harness... well, that's the most important strength right there."


Leo chuckles. "That's all true. But even a titan juicer needs a team. i found out right quick what I'm worth on my own."

Not a whole hell of a lot, as it turns out.

Rufus wrote:"Though I'll leave the various connotations of 'nailin' stuff' to you,"


Leo grins. "I knew I liked you."

When the Professor and Salomon begin to argue, Leo gets uncomfortable. I don't know much ab... hell, anything, about magic. So I'd have to defer to the spellcasters on that score. But the Professor seems awfully pressed for time. I wonder if the spell-casters can get their work done and then catch up before we reach the bunker? It'll reduce our strength while we travel, but hopefully we'd still be able to handle whatever we run across.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:00 pm

**rolls held**

Consumer wrote:Mini-Update

Salomón wrote:"Professor, what we are proposing is certainly not "whatever." You stated you are employing the Templar to protect the team, right? Well, I ask you to consider that your team will be better protected this way," he says, going to the heart of the Professor's objection.

He follows up with: "A single day is a small price to pay for greater chances of success on this venture, wouldn't you say? It is a small sacrifice for significantly improved odds. You and your team would not have been able to fare well against the things we've already encountered without our considerable assistance..."


The Professor cuts Salomón off. "No, I have a deadline and your little excursion will most definitely bite into it. I have far more riding on this than you could understand. I hired the Templar to protect the team, not so they can do as the want on my dime. If you really feel like you need to go and do this, you do so on your own, I will not wait more time as we are leaving first thing in the morning. Plus I am explicitly not supposed to do any work on Ley Lines as part of my grant. Now excuse me I have preparations to take care of."

After which the Professor in a foul mood now, begins ordering his people around to speed up packing up camp.


The Amaki, not appreciating the Professor's rude dismissal of his very identity (that of one who is a creator and builder of magic items), feels his face turning red and his fists balling up. He pauses, realizing he's approaching the point of physical violence.

You're not worth it.

Instead, he takes a deep breath and stares down at the Professor while he says (before the Professor begins ordering anyone around): "Firstly, you have no idea what I can or can't imagine, so don't assume otherwise. Secondly, we are protecting you, Professor. This isn't some bullshit trip down to Roma's to get a drink; rather, it's to increase our capabilities, which includes protecting 'you and yours' as you put it. In truth, i was even considering making you and your team permanent magical gifts to help you as a thank you for being so accommodating, though I imagine by your attitude you could care less about that now. Finally, if you had mentioned you couldn't go to the Ley Line for contractual reasons, that would have been a completely satisfactory answer and would have avoided this unpleasantness. Now, I've got better things to do with my time than put some rude academic in his place," says the Stone Man as he spins around without waiting for a reply and stalks off.

What a jerk.

The Stone-Man then tells the Templar (only) that he needs to go into Char to get some supplies for the Ley Line session. He will tell the Templar (individually, and away from Bahb and the others in Bahb's crew, "I am planning to imbue some items with magical power and distribute them to those who would like them. One of the items is a magical Amulet - which will provide a constant magical effect to assist the wearer at all times. Another is what is known as a Talisman, and this particular item will grant the user the ability to cast a particular magic spell, chosen by the creator at the time of creation, three times. Once said spell has been thrice cast, the Talisman will lay dormant until it is recharged through the same process of creation, which requires a large amount of mystic energy - hence the need to perform such at the Ley Lin. If I can find enough items during this trip, I may be able to create two or even three for each Templar, depending on our rate of success. Now, this is where every Templar needs to make some choices. Assuming you would like an Amulet, I need to know what kind of Amulet you want, and I need those of you who wish for Talismans to tell me which magic spells you'd like to have access to in your Talismans. I don't know how many I can create until we finish this shopping trip, but I imagine we can obtain at least one Amulet and one Talisman for every Templar, and possibly more. It is not often that such a fortuitous opportunity arises, so we should take advantage of it."

He will ask Jason Long: "Mr. Long, these components shouldn't be very expensive, but I do not have much in the way of funds right now. Do the Templar have any sort of supply funds that could be used for this purpose?"

He asks the other Templar (only) to come along with him to save some time. On the way to Char with the other Templar, he will explain every spell he can cast into a Talisman to the Templar. He will then ask each Templar which spell(s) they would like to have in their Talisman(s) and make a list along with what Amulet each Templar would like. Once the group finishes shopping, the High Magus will return to the camp, make final preparations, and resume meditation.

For ALL Templar
Any Templar who would like an Amulet or Talisman will need to let Sal know what they want. Amulet choices are:
  • Charm: provides +1 on all saves vs magic or psychic attacks
  • Protection Against Sickness: +6 on saves against the Sickness spell
  • Protection Against Insanity: +4 on saves against any magically induced insanity
  • Protection Against Supernatural: +2 on saves vs Horror Factor and possession
  • See the Invisible: Allows the wearer to see the invisible
  • Sense the Presence of Spirits: Amulet changes color when an entity is in the area (range: 60 ft)
  • Turn the Undead: Amulet prevents any undead from physically touching them while they wear or hold the amulet and works similar to a cross against vampires. Works against all undead, including mummies, zombies, and vampires

Let Sal know which Amulet you want. Consumer has said Sal can find FIVE, so two Templar will have to go without unless we can find MORE Amulets for sale in Char (the requirement is that they either be made of "metal purified by fire" or "semiprecious stone". I don't know if this means they can just be metal that we subsequently purify in the campfire, or if it means smelted to remove impurities- I suspect the latter, but it is up to Consumer to say). So, it would be helpful if EACH of you made shopping rolls using the Availability Rules (Consumer said to consider them "rare" per the chart), to see if we can locate more AMULETS, so that we can all have at least one Amulet. Conversely, if we hit the "motherlode" and find enough for multiple Amulets, each Templar could have two or however many we find - the Equinox-empowered Ley Line makes that all achievable in a matter of hours!

Let Sal know which spell(s) your want in your Talisman(s). Ideally, PM me (on Sal's account) a list of your top 3 choices (ranked from most desired to least desired) for spells from HERE - and remember, you cannot pick anything OVER level 8, all Talismans must hold spells from levels 1-8 and no higher. Each Talisman can only hold ONE kind of spell, so we cannot "mix and match" spells within a single talisman -it will cast ONE spell THREE times until it needs a recharge (and can be recharged only by the creator - in this case, Sal). HOWEVER, as I mentioned previously, if we can find enough components, we may each be able to have MULTIPLE Talismans! So, get those shopping rolls in (see Sal's post below for details of what he's looking for)

Sal's shopping list wrote:10 gemstones of varying colors (2 red, 2 blue, 2 green, 2 black, 2 yellow) - cheap is fine (colored quartz, whatever)
30 medallions suitable to be put on bracelets or necklaces
20 amulets either made of a single metal "purified by fire" - assuming that just means smelted - or "semiprecious stone" (i.e. garnet or amethyst, etc. - low value)
10 rings of bone (assumed those are common, so no rolls needed)
10 pieces of bone, suitable for carving (assumed those are common, so no rolls needed)
40 necklace-sized strips of leather (assumed those are common, so no rolls needed)

(2 successful skill checks required, Suggested Modifier: -10%)


Consumer said Sal would be able to find these with 2 hours of shopping, so I'm hoping we can work as a team and all make more shopping rolls to see if we can source MORE components. It IS Char, so we may just be limited, but it's worth a shot.

Consumer re: Sal's Shopping wrote:You haven't gone shopping yet as of the post, but if you do this is what you'll find (with prices) after 2 hours of shopping.
Gemstones: Sal finds 4, 2 Clear Quartz, 1 Lapis Lazuli, 1 Red Garnet. (2 Clear Quartz: 120 credits each, Lapis Lazuli: 7,000 credits, Red Garnet: 2,000 credits)
Medallions: 10 are available (100 credits each)
Amulets: He finds 5 available. (1,000 credits each)
Bone Rings: (300 credits each)
Pieces of Bone sized for carving (10 credits each)
Leather Cord: 100 credits for a spool 30' long.


I might also need you guys to spring for some of the components, because I don't have 9540 credits (Sal is still operating off his "starting" credits) for the stuff Consumer said he'd be able to find. I don't need the Lapis Lazuli or expensive gems, just quartz (or the like) would suffice. So, it will be roughly 10k credits for what Sal can find, plus whatever the cost if we can find more of the above.

Trust me guys, this will be worth it.
Last edited by Salomón on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 62%
JIC: [dice]1dc20[/dice] / 1d100 = 54

Consumer wrote:The Professor cuts Salomón off. "No, I have a deadline and your little excursion will most definitely bite into it. I have far more riding on this than you could understand. I hired the Templar to protect the team, not so they can do as the want on my dime. If you really feel like you need to go and do this, you do so on your own, I will not wait more time as we are leaving first thing in the morning. Plus I am explicitly not supposed to do any work on Ley Lines as part of my grant. Now excuse me I have preparations to take care of."

After which the Professor in a foul mood now, begins ordering his people around to speed up packing up camp.


What the hell? Jason thinks to himself. What is that all about. Jason calls out to the other Templar. "Templar, you heard the man, be ready to move in the morning. If anyone needs anything from town, now's the time. Be thorough, because we might not hit civilization for a while."

Jason will walk over to Salomon and behind the Behemoth so that they can talk in private.

Salomón wrote:He will ask Jason Long: "Mr. Long, these components shouldn't be very expensive, but I do not have much in the way of funds right now. Do the Templar have any sort of supply funds that could be used for this purpose?"


Jason thinks for a moment. No funds, what did he do with his starting pay.....oops "I'm sorry Salomon. With everything that has been going on, I forgot to give you your sign-on bonus. Each Templar gets 10,000. " Jason will give Salomon 10k from his own card. "Now, until I figure out what's going on, can you try to keep your temper with our employer? This is not normal behavior for him. I'm going to see if I can find out what is going on. "

That said, Jason heads back over to where the Professor is working and offers to lend a hand.
"My gear is always ready to move out, so I can give you a hand. While I do, I would like to discuss what just happened." Jason holds his hand up to forestall any interruption. "I am not here to try to talk you into changing your decision. You are the head of this expedition, and you decide when and where we move. That being said, as head of your escort and security detail, I need to know when there are changes. I would have to be blind not to see that something significant has happened. We went from a long term mission with no particular agenda and no rush to an urgent move, a deadline, and...how did you words it? far more riding on this than we would understand. " Jason give the Professor a sympathetic look. "If you can tell me more about what is going on, it may be that the Templar can assist as more than just escorts. You have seen that my people have more skills and abilities than just simple armed guards. They are able to summon creatures and spirits. I don't know if they can use those abilities to help find whatever it is you are looking for, but with the increase in urgency, why not avail yourself of every resource?" Jason looks around the camp at the preparations. " In fact, it will not take long to have everything ready to go. We can't move at night. Why don't you come up to my office in the Behemoth and you can tell me what has you so out of sorts and how we can help you accomplish your mission. Then we can get going at dawn" If the Professor agrees, Jason will lead him to his office/quarters in the Behemoth.

((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 1% )) calm down the professor and speak with him
((Interrogation--87% / 1d100 = 20% )) building rapport with the professor, Interview/Interrogation includes much about building rapport to get information
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:05 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Jason Long wrote:Jason will walk over to Salomon and behind the Behemoth so that they can talk in private.

Salomón wrote:He will ask Jason Long: "Mr. Long, these components shouldn't be very expensive, but I do not have much in the way of funds right now. Do the Templar have any sort of supply funds that could be used for this purpose?"


Jason thinks for a moment. No funds, what did he do with his starting pay.....oops "I'm sorry Salomon. With everything that has been going on, I forgot to give you your sign-on bonus. Each Templar gets 10,000. " Jason will give Salomon 10k from his own card. "Now, until I figure out what's going on, can you try to keep your temper with our employer? This is not normal behavior for him. I'm going to see if I can find out what is going on. "


The High Magus listens to Jason thoughtfully.

"That is welcome news indeed," says the Amaki when hearing about the sign-on bonus. "And I'm sorry for momentarily losing my cool with the Professor, Mr. Long. It just seemed like such an abrupt departure from the former civility and polite manner he had expressed, and the Professor didn't even let me finish my thoughts. Normally, I would just be perplexed, but I'm a High Magus; creating and building things, especially of a magical nature is, well... it is what we do, so this sudden attack came across as a dismissal of my very identity, in a manner of speaking, and pushed a few buttons. At any rate, sure thing - I can keep my cool. I just won't talk to the Professor or his team, without you present, for the time being. I need to go to town to get these supplies anyhow. Will that work?" he says to Jason Long.

He at least recognizes there was something strange afoot and wants to do something about it... thinks Salomón.

OOC Comments
Salomón will also look for a few pouches (let's say 3) to hold all the items for crafting- assuming that's common so no rolls needed
Last edited by Salomón on Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4/72%
JIC: 1d100 = 99/1d20 = 14

Rufus can't help but observe the rather heated exchange between Sal and the professor with an exasperated expression. "This is the Celestial Dragon all over again..." he mutters to nobody in particular. Is this group determined to piss off every employer that hires us? No wonder they were relegated to a ramshackle farmhouse when I found them. Probably was kicked out of MercTown itself. He lets out a sigh and shakes his head. Rather sudden mood shift, but I've seen other professors at Lazlo lose their cool when they think their research is being threatened. There has to be more than this than meets the eye. He throws a side-eyed glance at Salomon as Jason takes him aside. And that one's clearly cut from a similar hide. Rub two sticks together and watch the embers dance.

As Jason takes Sal to the side, Rufus grits his teeth and lopes off after the Professor. "Professor, if you've a moment..." he says softly. "I must apologize for what just happened. Salomon may come across a bit... abrasive... at times, but as my people like to say videz vara -- I think the human equivalent is 'appearances can be deceiving.' He has a good heart underneath that marbled exterior, he's just very passionate regarding his scholarly pursuits -- as you clearly are as well." He gestures to the professor.

"Scholarly passions aside, your expedition's security is our top priority. Yes, the idea was to use the extra time to create amulets for increased personal protection -- not just for ourselves but for you and your team as well. If you can't delay, then you can't delay and I understand that. But the reason we ask is because the greatly increased magical energies on the equinox make this kind of endeavor far more feasible than the rest of the year. I'll talk with the rest of our team and see what we can do about making sure we have enough security for the expedition and whether or not we can successfully do both at the same time. But if we don't think we can pull it off, then we won't even try. Simple as that." He shrugs. "I'm saying all this trying to say that we take this seriously and we're not going to leave you hanging. And I'm sorry if we ever gave you any ideas to the contrary."

Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 70/40%; 1d100 = 5 (2nd attempt)
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 56/25%; 1d100 = 36 (2nd attempt)

He waits for the professor's response (whatever it is) and afterwards busies himself helping pack up. As he does so he pulls aside Dhal and Sal to see if there are any options about summoning some extra security for the expedition in the event the spellcasters go visit the ley line so that the professor and his team would at least feel more at ease with only a partial Templar presence escorting them.

When Sal mentions the options for amulets and talismans, Rufus considers for a moment before expressing interest in an amulet that could see the invisible.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dexter Portlywright » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 29% or 44% when involving magic, machines or their combination
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 86

Consumer wrote:"No, I have a deadline and your little excursion will most definitely bite into it. I have far more riding on this than you could understand. I hired the Templar to protect the team, not so they can do as the want on my dime. If you really feel like you need to go and do this, you do so on your own, I will not wait more time as we are leaving first thing in the morning. Plus I am explicitly not supposed to do any work on Ley Lines as part of my grant. Now excuse me I have preparations to take care of."

After which the Professor in a foul mood now, begins ordering his people around to speed up packing up camp.


Dexter grunts. Good job, Salomo'n. Go and piss da professor off. No he ain't gonna let do ne'dhing. Hope he don't go up and just leave us. Dexter hangs and shakes his head when Salomon is still persistent at making jabs at the professor. He stammers off to help pack up camp and prepare for their departure. Muttering to himself as he does the work. If anyone was to pay close enough attention, most of it is incoherent with a few swear words and a random word here or there . Dexter acknowledges Jason when Jason mentions the aepsture time and suggests a quick resupply trip into town. He takes a short break when Salomon talks about amulets and talismans. "Sounds kind'a like a knock off of sum techno-wizards work. Don't know if me should be usin'em." Dexter looks up at the stone man with a hearty smile and winks. He then lets out a belly laugh. Giving Rufus a sideways glance, once or twice. Turning his attention back to Salomon. "Nah, so, seriously. If ya'll still intent on goi'n den me wouldn't mind a talisman of flight or one of da invincible armor. Me thinks dat me could muster anydhing else me needs. Me thinks me should stay here. Da professor is right we were hired to do a job and we should do it. As me pa' would always say 'No job is dun till da paper work is finn'shd.' If only a few of us go den me don't dhink it would be as big o'deal. Sorry me wont be able to lend ya sum help. Don't want any egg on our face."
Dexter Portlywright

P.P.E. - 93/93
I.S.P. - 34/34

S.D.C. - 20/20
Hit Points - 27/27

Equipment
User avatar
Dexter Portlywright
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:39 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 18, 111 PA 7:00 PM. (15 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 80°F Low: 67°F
High Humidity.



Leo and Dex continue to chat while, the Professor and his crew are striking down camp.

Salomón tries to give the Professor a piece of his mind, but he's not hearing it, and makes his way into the Pathmaker APC.

Salomón then moves to have a conversation with Jason, and is given a sum of money to work with.

Jason eventually approaches the Professor who is pacing the small lab area of the Pathmaker.

Jason Long wrote: "My gear is always ready to move out, so I can give you a hand. While I do, I would like to discuss what just happened." Jason holds his hand up to forestall any interruption. "I am not here to try to talk you into changing your decision. You are the head of this expedition, and you decide when and where we move. That being said, as head of your escort and security detail, I need to know when there are changes. I would have to be blind not to see that something significant has happened. We went from a long term mission with no particular agenda and no rush to an urgent move, a deadline, and...how did you words it? far more riding on this than we would understand. " Jason give the Professor a sympathetic look. "If you can tell me more about what is going on, it may be that the Templar can assist as more than just escorts. You have seen that my people have more skills and abilities than just simple armed guards. They are able to summon creatures and spirits. I don't know if they can use those abilities to help find whatever it is you are looking for, but with the increase in urgency, why not avail yourself of every resource?" Jason looks around the camp at the preparations. " In fact, it will not take long to have everything ready to go. We can't move at night. Why don't you come up to my office in the Behemoth and you can tell me what has you so out of sorts and how we can help you accomplish your mission. Then we can get going at dawn"


The Professor seems to ease up a bit, not angry anymore, but very frustrated. "I got a call from my superiors and they're not pleased with my progress, if I don't come up with something, they will recall me and cut my funding. It's been frustrating down here, nothing like professor Neernok explained. If this new spot doesn't pan out I have no notions on the continuation of this expedition. If this fails I'm no longer able to be a teacher in Lazlo, my life will be ruined." The Professor says with a sigh. "At the moment nothing can really be done, we have to leave at first light, because if my research is correct, that swamp is a mess to navigate. So if you have a resource that can do that I'm all ears, other than that not much else to be done." The Professor says with another sigh.

It's about this point that Rufus goes to approach the Professor, but finds himself intercepted by Kevin, The Professor's assistant. "Mr. Rufus, a moment of your time." He says quietly enough as to not be overheard by the Professor and Jason who are talking inside the the Pathmaker. Kevin leads Rufus off to the side and stands close to him. "I am sorry there has been some difficulties between your group and ours... But I kind of overheard part of it. You're companion Salomón is wrong about the date. The professor is rubbish with dates too, that's why he has me. The Vernal Equinox is on the 20th of this month not the nineteenth. Also, I'd let Jason and the Professor talk, they seem to be working it out." Kevin says before taking a step back to a less conspiratorial distance. "If you don't need anything else, I'm off to pack up some chairs." Kevin says with a knowing smile.

Salomón gets a few people chiming in on what they'd like, before he makes his way to Char's center to gather supplies.

GM Note: I know Salomón is going to the Char for shopping. Post in your next post if you're going or not. I will deal with all of the shopping next post and move us along with leaving the following morning. ~Consumer

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 30

Consumer wrote:It's about this point that Rufus goes to approach the Professor, but finds himself intercepted by Kevin, The Professor's assistant. "Mr. Rufus, a moment of your time." He says quietly enough as to not be overheard by the Professor and Jason who are talking inside the the Pathmaker. Kevin leads Rufus off to the side and stands close to him. "I am sorry there has been some difficulties between your group and ours... But I kind of overheard part of it. Your companion Salomón is wrong about the date. The professor is rubbish with dates too, that's why he has me. The Vernal Equinox is on the 20th of this month not the nineteenth. Also, I'd let Jason and the Professor talk, they seem to be working it out." Kevin says before taking a step back to a less conspiratorial distance. "If you don't need anything else, I'm off to pack up some chairs." Kevin says with a knowing smile.


You've got to be kidding me. Rufus blinks and flicks his ears. "Wait -- are you sure?" As the realization sinks in he lets out a chuckle... a chuckle that quickly escalates into a full-blown belly laugh. Once he composes himself again he shakes his head. "Scholars. Go figure. Thanks for the clarification, moj prijatelj -- it would have been rather awkward to have gotten to the ley line only to have been stood up by the equinox." He glances at the Pathmaker. "Jason's pretty level-headed for a gunner type. I'm sure they'll be fine." He turns back to give Kevin a grin. "If you'll excuse me, I've got to pass this along to some soon-to-be-crestfallen spellcasters. But when that's done I'll come give you a hand."

He gathers up Dhal, Dex, and Sal. "My friends, I've just learned that the equinox isn't tomorrow but rather the day after tomorrow... so looks like the 'Great Split-up Scandal of 111 PA' has been called off due to calendar error." He shrugs. "Or at least delayed a day." He looks at Sal. "You still planning on shopping before we leave?"

Once the spellcasters have been notified, he spreads the word to the other Templars as well before he holds himself true to his word and goes to help Kevin pack things up.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 27
JIC(20): 1d20 = 5

Current Conditions:




Rufus wrote:He waits for the professor's response (whatever it is) and afterwards busies himself helping pack up. As he does so he pulls aside Dhal and Sal to see if there are any options about summoning some extra security for the expedition in the event the spellcasters go visit the ley line so that the professor and his team would at least feel more at ease with only a partial Templar presence escorting them.


"Absolutely," the Amaki says to Rufus. "I have the means to summon many things, and..." he trails off, while looking around, and continues, "and come to think of it, given we're in the Dinosaur Swamp area... " he says, letting the hint linger for a moment and breaking into a wide grin. He then says, "And, I have no doubt our Shifter friend here could summon up some assistance if it were needed as well. Though, honestly, I don't expect to be gone for longer than, perhaps, a half day at most."

Who thought half a day would be such a big deal? he muses. After all, we've been literally sitting around for a few...

Rufus wrote:When Sal mentions the options for amulets and talismans, Rufus considers for a moment before expressing interest in an amulet that could see the invisible.


Salomón nods and scribbles something down. "Noted. Looking forward to your Talisman selections as well, Rufus," he says with a smile.

Dexter Portlywright wrote:"Sounds kind'a like a knock off of sum techno-wizards work. Don't know if me should be usin'em." Dexter looks up at the stone man with a hearty smile and winks. He then lets out a belly laugh. Giving Rufus a sideways glance, once or twice.


Salomón is initially confused, and furrows his brow.

How could he mistake genuine magical items with Techno-Wizardry...? he wonders, until Dexter laughs and Salomón realizes the joke is on him. He grins and laughs as well.

"Okay, you got me," he says as he shares the joke.

Dexter wrote:Turning his attention back to Salomon. "Nah, so, seriously. If ya'll still intent on goi'n den me wouldn't mind a talisman of flight or one of da invincible armor. Me thinks dat me could muster anydhing else me needs. Me thinks me should stay here. Da professor is right we were hired to do a job and we should do it. As me pa' would always say 'No job is dun till da paper work is finn'shd.' If only a few of us go den me don't dhink it would be as big o'deal. Sorry me wont be able to lend ya sum help. Don't want any egg on our face."


"No problem, I understand. We can probably make do with three of us. And, may I say, good choices. Very useful. Do you think you could help with trying to find the materials needed in Char?" he asks Dexter.

The more shoppers, the merrier... he thinks.

Consumer wrote:Salomón tries to give the Professor a piece of his mind, but he's not hearing it, and makes his way into the Pathmaker APC.


Salomón damn near blows a fuse when the Professor snubs him yet again by literally walking away while the Stone Man tries to talk with him, but stops short of putting the man face down in the dirt and instead opts to discuss matters with Jason Long.

Who does this asshole think he is? Doesn't even have the common courtesy to hear someone out... he thinks as he shakes his head, wondering what he's gotten himself into with these "Templar".

He then sees Jason and discusses the matter with him.

Rufus wrote:He gathers up Dhal, Dex, and Sal. "My friends, I've just learned that the equinox isn't tomorrow but rather the day after tomorrow... so looks like the 'Great Split-up Scandal of 111 PA' has been called off due to calendar error." He shrugs. "Or at least delayed a day." He looks at Sal. "You still planning on shopping before we leave?"


Salomón shakes his head slowly. "Rufus, I hate to add fuel to the fire, as it were, but whomever told you that is flat wrong. The Vernal Equinox is on the 20th, not the 21st. Since today is the 19th, it is tomorrow. Of this, I am certain," says the Stone Man to his Kankoran friend. "We were drilled on these matters very heavily at Dweomer, and I have no doubt whatsoever that it is on the 20th in this part of the world. In fact, I can tell you the exact time it will occur... " he says, and then looks at his portable computer.

Salomón's eyes grow wide for a moment, and he blinks a few times.

This can't be right... he thinks. Oh no... did I... wow, I totally lost track of the date.... he thinks.

He coughs uncomfortably. "So...umm... well, it seems there was an error on my part... but it wasn't regarding the date of the Equinox," he says slowly. "I appear to have lost track of time, what with all the rifting back and forth to and from New Babylon, and all the work and meditation I've been doing lately..." he says.

That's what I get for not sleeping for days... he thinks to himself.

"To put it bluntly, I thought today was the 19th, rather than the 18th," he admits with a rather sheepish grin. "Oops. So then, yes - it seems we have an extra day to prepare for it... probably a good thing, as it gives us more time to plan for contingencies and get the Professor to his destination."

He then replies to Rufus' question: "Yes, we still need those components for the coming day. I don't know precisely where we are going yet to know if our path will cross the ley lines in the area, and it's good to be prepared. Would you like to come?" he asks the Ley Line Walker, and looks around at Dex and Dhaltuun to indicate that they are welcome to come with him to Char as well.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:21 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 71 1d20 = 2

Not having gotten any response to his query about giving a helping hand to the research team, Sarik had more or less wandered off and... made up things for himself to do to whittle away the time. Though when time came to pack up, he shied away from getting involved in the verbal conflict. Having more a stake in wanting to get back to civilization, and not really knowing -anyone- that well, he just set about helping the research team get all their things loaded and stored. When things take a lighter tone and he notes the conversation about time and differences he can't help but pipe up with "Try being a few hundred or thousand years out of your native time." with a slightly good humoured, but also serious quip. "At least with my people safe I can focus on helping others who really need help instead. like... around here I suppose."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:34 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 41 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 31


When Leo learns the source of the dispute is a calendar error, he chuckles, despite himself. "You guys are arguing what day it is... I don't even know what month it is." He chuckles again and shakes his head. "But then... I don't have to track equinoxes."

Leo accompanies Salomon to Char - partly to assist in any shopping and partly to see if he can see Roma wandering around.

Dunno how much help I'll be shopping for magic components or whatnot - that's not my area of expertise - but at least I can be of use carrying the stuff.

If he can help with any shopping, Leo will render what minimal aid he can, assisting Salomon if possible with negotiating a good price on goods.
10 gemstones of varying colors

Charm/Impress: 10% 1d100 = 41 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust: 35% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)

30 medallions suitable to be put on bracelets or necklaces

Charm/Impress: 10% 1d100 = 64 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust: 35% 1d100 = 60 (FAIL)

20 amulets either made of a single metal "purified by fire"

Charm/Impress: 10% 1d100 = 85 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust: 35% 1d100 = 40 (FAIL)

If he sees Roma outside of her establishment, he sidles up to her. Putting on his best smile, he says, "Hey there! Lovely day we're having. All the lovelier now that you're out in it."

Charm/Impress: 10% 1d100 = 64 (FAIL)
Invoke Trust: 35% 1d100 = 88 (FAIL)

Feeling he's put his foot in his mouth, Leo winces visibly. If she seems angry, he says "My apologies, ma'am... I'll... just excuse myself now..." and hurries off.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:59 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Leo wrote:When Leo learns the source of the dispute is a calendar error, he chuckles, despite himself. "You guys are arguing what day it is... I don't even know what month it is." He chuckles again and shakes his head. "But then... I don't have to track equinoxes."


Fair thinks the High Magus as he nods to Leo. I guess it was a bit silly to get so worked up over an error, but something is going on with this Professor he thinks.

Leo wrote:Leo accompanies Salomon to Char - partly to assist in any shopping and partly to see if he can see Roma wandering around.


Salomón thanks Leo for coming along and explains the spells he has in detail to him, so he can make the best selections. "So, as you can see, you have several options to ponder, from the various armor spells to ones that enhance your already more-than-considerable combat abilities," he says to Leo as they walk.

Leo wrote:If he sees Roma outside of her establishment, he sidles up to her. Putting on his best smile, he says, "Hey there! Lovely day we're having. All the lovelier now that you're out in it."


Leo wrote:Feeling he's put his foot in his mouth, Leo winces visibly. If she seems angry, he says "My apologies, ma'am... I'll... just excuse myself now..." and hurries off.


IF this happens, Salomón will step in and greet Roma. "Ahh, Miss Roma... how nice it is to see you again. I trust the customers enjoy the wine?" he will ask, trying to dispel the awkwardness and return everyone toward a more pleasant direction.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:42 am

Perception: 68% / 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 51

Consumer wrote:The Professor seems to ease up a bit, not angry anymore, but very frustrated. "I got a call from my superiors and they're not pleased with my progress, if I don't come up with something, they will recall me and cut my funding. It's been frustrating down here, nothing like professor Neernok explained. If this new spot doesn't pan out I have no notions on the continuation of this expedition. If this fails I'm no longer able to be a teacher in Lazlo, my life will be ruined." The Professor says with a sigh. "At the moment nothing can really be done, we have to leave at first light, because if my research is correct, that swamp is a mess to navigate. So if you have a resource that can do that I'm all ears, other than that not much else to be done." The Professor says with another sigh.


Jason considers the Professor's situation. "Sir, it would help if I knew more about the goals of the expedition. You seemed to be reluctant earlier to give me details about what, exactly, you are looking for. What are you trying to learn or prove? You have been looking for ancient battlefields, now an ancient bunker. What do you hope to find? " Jason speaks softly and sympathetically, "As your employees on this expedition, The Templar have a stake in this as well. So tell us everything you can. And as for the swamp, it can be challenging to move through, but we have members who can fly and seek out the most solid ground for our course. Once we are done talking, I'll check around town for something we can use for underground mapping and sensors; ground penetrating radar or something like that. When we find your bunker, we can map as much as possible above ground, before risking your life underground." Jason spends a few more minutes speaking with the professor before heading in to town for last minute shopping.

Jason will check the various shops for equipment that could be used to explore underground and any remote sensors, such as compact drones with sensors. Any shops with mining equipment may have seismic sensors; an RC drone with enough carrying capacity for a transmitter and the sensors of a multi-optics helmet could be assembled into something useful.

Shopping Rolls:

Locate seismic sensors:
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 78 Fail ))
((Research--72% / 1d100 = 45 Success ))

Locate metal detectors:
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 36 Success ))
((Research--72% / 1d100 = 66 Success ))


Locate ground penetrating radar/underground mapping sensors:
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 17 Success ))
((Research--72% / 1d100 = 97 Fail ))

Locate Robot Floater Camera or equivalent: (NG 2 pg 236)
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 75 Fail ))
((Research--72% / 1d100 = 12 Success ))

Locate Multi-Optics Helmet
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 56 Fail ))
((Research--72% / 1d100 = 78 Fail ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:37 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 8:45 AM. (13:15 hours have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


After some revelation, things quiet down for the most part and Salomón, Leo, and Jason head into Char, approximately a half hour's walk to try and procure last minute goods. (Salomón Items added to your sheet, money deducted. Jason, a metal detector will run you 3,000 credits, none of the other items were found. ~Consumer) While Jason and Salomón are in various shops, Leo happens to run into the Cyclops Giantess Roma who is carrying a large bushel of unidentified produce.

Leo wrote:Putting on his best smile, he says, "Hey there! Lovely day we're having. All the lovelier now that you're out in it."
Feeling he's put his foot in his mouth, Leo winces visibly. If she seems angry, he says "My apologies, ma'am... I'll... just excuse myself now..." and hurries off.


Just as Leo goes to rush off, he hears the strangest noise. It sounds like the most bass version of a feminine giggle he's ever heard. "Don't be a stranger." Roma says as Leo runs off.

In the end the shopping trip is concluded in a little over an hour and everyone returns. Dinner is provided by Dhaltuun, and while the main course is a fairly average beef stew, desert is spectacular with flavorful fruit pies.

The rest of the night goes quietly, with no issues to be had.

The next morning around 6:30 AM, noise can be heard from various parts of the camp as the Professor's crew finish the last of their packing and start turning on the vehicles that have been off for a few days.

A quick breakfast of oatmeal and dried fruit is had before the Professor, coordinating with Jason plot the general course and the group heads out at a brisk pace of twenty or so miles an hour. The first hour is slow going as the vehicles work their way trough the shattered outskirts of the city of Char. About half way into the second hour, the convoy of vehicles stops to look at a pair of figures emerging from the fog. It appears to be Two-Claws and Phil Caslow, looking no worse for wear.

Welcome back Two-Claws


What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 83
JIC(20): 1d20 = 3

Current Conditions:




Consumer wrote:The next morning around 6:30 AM, noise can be heard from various parts of the camp as the Professor's crew finish the last of their packing and start turning on the vehicles that have been off for a few days.

A quick breakfast of oatmeal and dried fruit is had before the Professor, coordinating with Jason plot the general course and the group heads out at a brisk pace of twenty or so miles an hour. The first hour is slow going as the vehicles work their way trough the shattered outskirts of the city of Char. About half way into the second hour, the convoy of vehicles stops to look at a pair of figures emerging from the fog. It appears to be Two-Claws and Phil Caslow, looking no worse for wear.


Salomón returns from his trip and arranges the acquisitions into his new shoulder satchel, separating them into classifications by use.




In the morning, as they head out, he says to Jason Long: "Mr. Long, as long as we know the direction where we are headed, I do have the ability to project my spirit into the physical world and scout ahead. Only magic or psychic powers would be of any danger to me in this state, and I could pass through walls and get a general overview of what's ahead at high speed. Let me know if you would like me to take advantage of this capability; it lasts for about 20 minutes so I could conceivably cover a fair amount of ground at the speed of mach one while in Astral form. I should be able to do this every day at least once or twice without draining my psychic reserves, so if that's something you'd like to entertain, let me know. I would need people to watch my physical body, as it is entirely helpless when I project my spirit and separate."

With that, Salomón returns to planning his magic item creations for the group's benefit until the announcement is made that two strangers are showing up - Two Claws and the other person.

Ahh... he thinks. I was wondering where she had gone to.

After greeting Two Claws and the like, he approaches Dhaltuun: "I have acquired some silver medallions that could be used as amulets, if we can purify them by fire. Do you know how to do so?" he asks the Nuhr Dwarf.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:30 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 73

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 28

Feeling the pain of social awkwardness borne from long disuse of social skills, Leo is slinking away when he hears a distinct giggle and...

Roma? wrote:"Don't be a stranger."


Wait, what?




In the morning Leo is up before the sun, and geared up and ready to go. As the team is picking their way through the wilderness, Leo sees Two Claws and Phil Caslow returning from the wilderness. He beams, "Hey! Two Claws! You're back!" He grins in her direction. "Hey everyone, Two Claws and Phil made it back! Phil - you'd better head into town - your bro's were worried about you."

He restrains himself from hugging Two Claws, for a change, but can't help but place a meaty hand on her shoulder, affectionately, albeit for only a brief moment. "Glad you're back - we were starting to get concerned you'd been killed by werewolves. We're heading east," he points northeast, "...looking for an old bunker the Professor heard about. If it's where they think, and still mostly undisturbed... might save the Professor's career, is how I understand it. Now, what we hear is it's on dry ground, but might be partially underground, so we gotta be ready for excavating."

Shock crosses Leo's face a moment later, "wait - I didn't ask how you are - are you okay, do you need a medic?"
Last edited by Leo on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d100 = 52 1d20 = 6

Sarik would be somewhat disappointed by the meal in the morning, not that he'd voice the least bit of complaint. As a carnivore fruits and other things didn't really sit too well with him. It wasn't that he couldn't eat them, just they tended to make his stomach feel... off. Just, don't seem ungrateful, they pulled your ass out of a bad spot.. he decides however to try a diplomatic approach none the less. "Let me know if you need anything from me to repay for the food, though uh, when there is time, I would like to do a little hunting. I'm more in need meat based diet than what many of you are likely used to." he pauses thinking before adding "I have a few credits with me, but not much."

To try and use the proper tone/phrases to avoid any offense or to try to set up a time for him to be able to take a hunting excursion without angering the professor etc.
Charm/Impress: 32% 1d100 = 19
Public Speaking 47% 1d100 = 84
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:46 am

Perception: 68% / 1d100 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 66

Salomón wrote:In the morning, as they head out, he says to Jason Long: "Mr. Long, as long as we know the direction where we are headed, I do have the ability to project my spirit into the physical world and scout ahead. Only magic or psychic powers would be of any danger to me in this state, and I could pass through walls and get a general overview of what's ahead at high speed. Let me know if you would like me to take advantage of this capability; it lasts for about 20 minutes so I could conceivably cover a fair amount of ground at the speed of mach one while in Astral form. I should be able to do this every day at least once or twice without draining my psychic reserves, so if that's something you'd like to entertain, let me know. I would need people to watch my physical body, as it is entirely helpless when I project my spirit and separate."


Jason considers this. With the swamps coming up, having aerial recon of their course and a pathfinder would speed the trip immensely. "That sounds like a good idea. (Jason does some fast figuring) you can cover 100 miles in less than 8 minutes. Lets call it 8, since you would have to periodically drop down to ground level to spot landmarks for us. Leaving you 4 minutes leeway for choosing the best path and noting threats or areas of interest. If you could do this twice today, that would get us just about to the Professor's bunker" This could work out nicely. "How much would it deplete your reserves to do it three times today? " Jason looks around to make sure all of the Professor's team is out of earshot. " The professor is in a hurry because his superiors are about to pull the plug on his expedition for lack of results. I don't know details of his society, but he has literally everything on the line; his career, reputation, position in his society. If the expedition is cancelled or comes back as a failure, he will be essentially an outcast. Also a consideration for us, the pay will stop. That is why he has been so touchy." Taking a moment and lighting a cigar, Jason pauses before continuing. "We really need to get him to this bunker tonight. That way y'all can do your equinox thing tomorrow while his team and us mundanes examine the outer perimeter."

If Sal is amenable, Jason will lay out the map and break the trip into 100 mile segments to take advantage of Sal's scouting.


Consumer wrote:About half way into the second hour, the convoy of vehicles stops to look at a pair of figures emerging from the fog. It appears to be Two-Claws and Phil Caslow, looking no worse for wear.


Well I'll be.. "Two Claws, Phil, we thought the worst when we could find to sign of you. We wondered if the wolves or a rift had gotten you. Glad to have you back" After everyone else has their chance to welcome Two Claws back, Jason will show the maps to Two Claws and updates her on the current stage of the mission and the increased urgency.

((Mathematics: Basic--105% / 1d100 = 85 )) calculating Sal's scouting range
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 17 )) mapping course
((Wilderness Survival--97% / 1d100 = 13 )) factoring the environmental hazards to their course and timetable
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 88
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Recycle 30% / 1d100 = 78 - purify metal
Recycle 30% / 1d100 = 48 - purify metal

POST

Consumer wrote:Dinner is provided by Dhaltuun, and while the main course is a fairly average beef stew, desert is spectacular with flavorful fruit pies.

The rest of the night goes quietly, with no issues to be had.

The next morning around 6:30 AM, noise can be heard from various parts of the camp as the Professor's crew finish the last of their packing and start turning on the vehicles that have been off for a few days.

A quick breakfast of oatmeal and dried fruit is had before the Professor, coordinating with Jason plot the general course and the group heads out at a brisk pace of twenty or so miles an hour. The first hour is slow going as the vehicles work their way trough the shattered outskirts of the city of Char. About half way into the second hour, the convoy of vehicles stops to look at a pair of figures emerging from the fog. It appears to be Two-Claws and Phil Caslow, looking no worse for wear.



Dhaltuun gets up with the others. As the Professor’s crew start their day, Dhaltuun begins his. After making sure his gear is ready and stowed, he moves on to the galley. Grabbing himself a quick breakfast he heads outside. Seeing the new guy, Sarik, grimace at breakfast, Dhal walks over to him. ”I will guess you are not a fan of rabbit food? Would you like some jerky? I made it meself.” He offers his pouch of Dino Jerky (1 lb). ”If not enough, I can go get more. I have some beef and chicken jerky in the pantry.” He looks around and sees salomon. ”Excuse me, Sarik.” Dhaltuun then walks over to Salomon.

”Morning my friend. I have been thinking about your question. Yes, i believe i can do as you ask. I am not very skilled, but i know how to “purify by fire” as you say.” Dhaltuun uses the universal sign for air quotes as he says purify by fire. ”Just let me know when and what you want.” ”I wonder when is a good time to mention talismans and the amulet.”

When Dhal has a free moment, he heads to his quarters. ”Marcella. We need to talk, my girl.” When his best friend arrives, he gives her a snack and gently strokes her feathers as he speaks. ”You are my best friend. I love you dearly. I do not feel right about taking into so many dangerous situations. I am afraid you will get hurt or worse. If you are okay with it, I will release from the familiar bond. This will make you an exceptional example of your beautiful species. We won't be able to talk like this anymore, or feel each other, but you will be safe, loved, and cherished by me as always.” There is a tear in his eye and a crack in his voice as he speaks.

After a few moments, Dhaltuun gets the feeling of love and contentment. Because of their bond, he can feel her agree, but with caution. ”Do not worry. I was thinking of bonding with Cat. You already know him, and we like him. “ There is a feeling of joy ’You agree?? That is good. Thank you my girl.” He will make a note to do the ceremony with Cat when he gets a moment.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 8:50 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Salomón converses with Jason about traveling towards the bunker in Astral, allowing him to chart a path for the group, or at least that is the theory. Jason thinks it's a great idea and gives it the okay.

Jason, Leo, and Salomón greet Two Claws and Phil upon their sudden and surprising arrival. While Two Claws stays relatively quiet, Phil is more than willing to tell the group what happened. "We were tracking one of those skinwalkers, when a blue flash of light happened. Next thing we knew we were out here in the swamp. After taking a little bit to get our bearings, I started to lead us back to Char. It's been slow going because of the swamp and the critters, but I figured we'd have been there tomorrow morning at the latest. You guys seem to be heading in the opposite direction than I am so, once you're ready to move on, I'll keep making my way back. Shouldn't be to hard." Phil says with his usual southern drawl and easy manner.

Sarik approaches the Professor about going on a hunting expedition. While the Professor doesn't seem to be upset a being asked, he does shake his head. "Oh I didn't think you couldn't eat oatmeal. I'm sure we still have plenty of supplies to make meals from, meat included. Just ask...." The professor pauses trying to remember a name. "Dhaltuun to whip you something up, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have some meat based food just sitting around, as he always seems to be eating Jerky." The professor says politely.

Dhaltuun has a heart to heart with his familiar inside the Behemoth.

GM Note; not much going on here as I'm missing a few other players posts. In other news, I'm taking a week off next week so the next post will be 3/25/20. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:39 am

Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 35/49%
JIC(100): Original post: 1d100 = 83
JIC(20): Original post: 1d20 = 3

Current Conditions:




Jason Long wrote:Jason considers this. With the swamps coming up, having aerial recon of their course and a pathfinder would speed the trip immensely. "That sounds like a good idea. (Jason does some fast figuring) you can cover 100 miles in less than 8 minutes. Lets call it 8, since you would have to periodically drop down to ground level to spot landmarks for us. Leaving you 4 minutes leeway for choosing the best path and noting threats or areas of interest. If you could do this twice today, that would get us just about to the Professor's bunker" This could work out nicely. "How much would it deplete your reserves to do it three times today? "

If Sal is amenable, Jason will lay out the map and break the trip into 100 mile segments to take advantage of Sal's scouting.


"Thank you. I could probably do it thrice daily, for a short while. It would take about 4 hours of meditation to recharge my reserves if I do it three times a day; whereas it would take about 2-3 to replenish if I did it twice per day. Whatever is best for the group, I am willing to do."

Sal's Psychic Reserves
From a game mechanic standpoint, Astral Projection uses 8 ISP per activation, and Sal can restore 6 ISP per hour of meditation. So, 2x Astral Projections would be 16 ISP, which would take between 2-3 hours of meditation to restore, while 3x Astral Projections would be 24 ISP, which is exactly 4 hours of meditation time.


He considers Jason's plan. "I should add that, while I can travel at high speed while in astral form, careful examination of the area might take longer than just a cursory high-speed survey... perhaps we should consider the thrice per day plan, with more time spent in careful examination of a somewhat smaller area, rather than going for the high speed overland survey. What do you say?" he says thoughtfully, weighing the options.

There's also the fog to consider... he thinks as he sees the outside conditions.

Thoughts
The concern here is that if Sal travels at maximum speed, he won't necessarily be able to observe as much, so perhaps he should travel at, say, half speed or something, so that he can try to be more observant while flying. There is also the matter of the fog potentially disrupting the entire idea - one wonders if the Behemoth's sensors can detect how far the fog covers (radar)?


Jason Long wrote:Jason looks around to make sure all of the Professor's team is out of earshot. " The professor is in a hurry because his superiors are about to pull the plug on his expedition for lack of results. I don't know details of his society, but he has literally everything on the line; his career, reputation, position in his society. If the expedition is cancelled or comes back as a failure, he will be essentially an outcast. Also a consideration for us, the pay will stop. That is why he has been so touchy." Taking a moment and lighting a cigar, Jason pauses before continuing. "We really need to get him to this bunker tonight. That way y'all can do your equinox thing tomorrow while his team and us mundanes examine the outer perimeter."


Salomón listens carefully to Jason's words, nodding as he understands. "Thank you for clarifying that, Mr. Long. I had suspected something was going on with the Professor's seemingly sudden shift in tone and attitude, and that explains it rather well. Let's do our best to get there as soon as possible, so we can still make the best of the situation. With some luck, and judicious use of resources, we may be able to pull off both objectives."

Rather considerate of him to let me know about that. He could have kept it to himself.. thinks the Amaki as he looks at Jason with improved respect.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun then walks over to Salomón.

”Morning my friend. I have been thinking about your question. Yes, i believe i can do as you ask. I am not very skilled, but i know how to “purify by fire” as you say.” Dhaltuun uses the universal sign for air quotes as he says purify by fire. ”Just let me know when and what you want.”


"Excellent, Dhaltuun. Your assistance will be most appreciated," says the Stone-Man with a smile.

And timely, I might add... he thinks.

For Consumer
I'm presuming here that Salomón knows what "purified by fire" means in the Amulet description, and, as a High Magus, would know what that takes. Please let us know what rolls need to be done, if any. I'd like to get several medallions purified so Sal can make at least one Amulet for each group member, plus one for each of the Professor and his entourage (so however many that is) - ideally.





Depending on the weather, Salomón gives the "Astral scouting" plan a tentative try after securing at least two Templar to watch his helpless body. Sal will travel at a speed appropriate to visibility and make the most of the situation.

Presumptive Skill Rolls

Advanced Math (trig etc. to figure out distances/routes) -- 1d100 = 30 / 98%
Astronomy and Navigation (figure out where he is, where we need to go, etc. in coordination with Jason Long before he leaves) -- 1d100 = 25 / 67%
Astronomy and Navigation (stay on course, not get lost, return safely) -- 1d100 = 10 / 67%


Astral Projection, reprinted here for convenience and highlighted in blue to show which version Sal would use
Range: Self.
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 8
Through intense concentration/meditation (4D4 minutes of preparation) the psychic can free his mind, or inner self, from his physical body. This psychic inner self is the Astral Body, a whitish, transparent, ghostly image of the character's physical form. A long silver thread or cord connects the Astral Body with its physical self. If the cord is severed the character is likely to die of sudden shock as body and soul are tom asunder. There is only a 30% chance the Astral Self can locate its physical body without the silver umbilical cord (roll best 2 out of 3).
The physical body lapses into a coma-like trance when the Astral Self has left it. In this state the body is completely helpless. It cannot walk, move or think; completely catatonic.
The hazards are threefold. First, if the physical body is killed, the Astral Body is forever lost and will die, fade away, within six hours. Second, if the Astral Body gets lost or captured while in the Astral Plane, the body will begin to waste away and die. (Note: One minute of our time is equal to one week in the Astral Plane.) Third, the Astral Body is vulnerable to psychic attacks and attacks from ghosts, entities and creatures of the Astral Plane.

There are two levels of Astral Projection, coexistence (physical body and spirit form) in the material world and/or the Astral Plane (another dimension).

Astral Projection from the physical body into the material world creates a ghostly specter of the Astral Self which can be seen only by other psychics, young children under 13 years old, animals and most supernatural creatures. While in Astral Form the character automatically gains the ability to float, fly (mach one/760 mph maximum), see the invisible, pass through solid objects (including M.D.C. walls), impervious to physical harm (including cold, heat and energy), are invisible to sensor systems and cameras, and see and hear as usual. The Astral Body can not communicate with the physical world except through Telepathy or Empathy, nor speak to, smell or touch anything on the Material Plane. The Astral Self is little more than a mute, ghostly observer. Of course, this is a great way to locate invisible supernatural entities, as well as spy on other humans on the Material Plane (although limited by short sprints. See duration). A character traveling the Material Plane via Astral Projection may use any psionic powers that do NOT require physical contact. They can generally only affect the physical world (or themselves be affected from physical beings) by Sensitive psionic powers such as Telepathy, Clairvoyance, Empathy, etc . ; Astral travelers communicate using Telepathy.
Traveling in Astral Form has its own very special dangers. While the character can see the invisible and other Astral Travelers, they can also see him. This makes him susceptible to their psychic and Astral Form attacks, for two Astral Travelers can lock into hand to hand combat as well. The most vulnerable target is the silver cord which is the Astral Traveler's lifeline to the physical world. Fortunately, the cord has an Astral S.D.C. which is two times that of the person ' s physical Hit Points and S.D.C. combined. The thread-like silver cord is a difficult target to hit; attackers are -6 to strike. The Astral Body also has an S.D.C. of two times the Hit Points and S.D.C. of the physical body combined . This means if the character has 18 Hit Points and 28 S.D.C. both the Astral Body and its silver cord have 92 Astral S.D.C. each (18+28 = 46x2 = 92 each).
Remember, magic and psychic influence have full effect on the Astral Body. This includes exorcism, which will force the Astral Traveler to leave the immediate area (400 foot radius) and not return for 24 hours. The Astral Traveler has the same number of attacks per melee, bonuses, hand to hand, skills, knowledge and psychic powers that he or she has in the Material Plane.


Note: Traveling on the Material Plane in Astral Form is infinitely easier than the Astral Plane. To find the physical body the character need only return to where he left it. If it has been moved or hidden the Astral Self can sense its location with a 60% efficiency (roll once per melee)


Lifeward
Before the end of the day, when everyone retires for the evening, Sal will try to catch up with anyone else in the group who wants a Lifeward spell. So far, the people who are have the Lifeward are Sal, Leo, and Rufus. He has enough PPE for 3 more people, allowing himself 8 hours of meditation to recharge
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 66 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 36

Leo listens with interest as Jason and Salomon talk scouting. Man... I feel useless here. I know what Rufus said, about when you're a hammer everything seems like a nail, but... I mean, I do have skills. I can try to use 'em... When they reach a quiet moment, he interjects. "You know, we can alternate - I can always scout ahead with my jet pack. I can go a max of 120 miles per hour, and I can fly just above tree level... I might be able to spot a bunker from that height, and if I spot any trouble or impassable obstacles I can swing back and report."

If they agree, Leo will take turns scouting ahead, flying 'nap-of-the-earth' to avoid detection as much as possible - knowing his speedpack is not silent.

Pilot: Jet Packs 60% 1d100 = 76 (FAIL)
Pilot: Jet Packs 60% 1d100 = 74 (recovery attempt 1 - FAIL)
Pilot: Jet Packs 60% 1d100 = 100 (recovery attempt 2 - crit fail)
Land Navigation 49% 1d100 = 77 (get bearings, try to find bunker - FAIL)
Prowl 25% 1d100 = 18 (attempt to remain unseen - SUCCEED)
Wilderness Survival 45% 1d100 = 76 (spot natural obstacles ahead - FAIL)
Detect Ambush 45% 1d100 = 25 (spot hostile beings ahead - SUCCEED)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 26
Initiative: 1d20 = 13
APM: 5

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Recycle 30% / 1d100 = 94 - purify metal
Recycle 30% / 1d100 = 45 - purify metal
Salvage 79% / 1d100 = 45 - purify metal
Salvage 79% / 1d100 = 70 - purify metal
General Repair 74% / 1d100 = 72 - purify metal
General Repair 74% / 1d100 = 98 - purify metal

POST
Dhaltuun gets up from his talk eith his familiar. As he puts on his clothing and gear, he remembers his training. ”What am I thinking? The familiar ritual is only able to work on small animals, not big ones like Cat. I will need to rethink my plans.” He looks at his Bird with a loving eye. ”I just don't want you to get hurt.” With a gentle push, he nudges her out the window. ”Time to work.’

He heads outside to find a good spot to set up a basic forge. ((General repair)). Once completed, Dhaltuun starts the process to purify the metal objects for Salomon. ((Recycle or Salvage))
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:00 am

Perception: 68% / 1d100 = 10
JIC: [dice]d20[/dice] / 1d100 = 39

Salomón wrote:He considers Jason's plan. "I should add that, while I can travel at high speed while in astral form, careful examination of the area might take longer than just a cursory high-speed survey... perhaps we should consider the thrice per day plan, with more time spent in careful examination of a somewhat smaller area, rather than going for the high speed overland survey. What do you say?" he says thoughtfully, weighing the options.


Jason thinks briefly about the distance that they need to cove and the need for intelligence. "That sounds like a better plan. Taking time out to stop while you scout may slow us down, but if you can find us a safer course, it should decrease our overall travel time. We will do that."

Leo wrote:When they reach a quiet moment, he interjects. "You know, we can alternate - I can always scout ahead with my jet pack. I can go a max of 120 miles per hour, and I can fly just above tree level... I might be able to spot a bunker from that height, and if I spot any trouble or impassable obstacles I can swing back and report."


"Thanks Leo. How long can you stay aloft in your jetpack? If it is long enough, I'd like you to scout ahead while we are moving. Sal will scout 60 t0 80 miles head to get our base course when we stop for a break. The once we start moving, you sweep ahead of us, zig-zagging across our course. You can sweep the area a couple miles wide and keeping an eye on any trouble spots. Then, while we are stopped, Two Claws can scout the immediate area for immediate threats. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 28/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 2
JIC(20): 1d20 = 6

Current Conditions:




Leo wrote:"You know, we can alternate - I can always scout ahead with my jet pack. I can go a max of 120 miles per hour, and I can fly just above tree level... I might be able to spot a bunker from that height, and if I spot any trouble or impassable obstacles I can swing back and report."

If they agree, Leo will take turns scouting ahead, flying 'nap-of-the-earth' to avoid detection as much as possible - knowing his speedpack is not silent.


Jason Long wrote:"Thanks Leo. How long can you stay aloft in your jetpack? If it is long enough, I'd like you to scout ahead while we are moving. Sal will scout 60 t0 80 miles head to get our base course when we stop for a break. The once we start moving, you sweep ahead of us, zig-zagging across our course. You can sweep the area a couple miles wide and keeping an eye on any trouble spots. Then, while we are stopped, Two Claws can scout the immediate area for immediate threats. "


The Amaki nods at the pair. "Good idea. Between us both, we should be able to cover some ground and get an idea of what's ahead."

At least, that's the plan... he thinks.




Salomón will attempt these "surveys" three times. Once after the discussion is complete, once during the early afternoon, and once before evening sets in, meditating after each trip to restore his I.S.P. and reporting his findings (ooc: he will use Total Recall, if need be, to remember everything in exact detail, during his descriptions, and will draw out a map of what he finds upon his return to give to Leo and Jason so they can decide where they want Leo to focus his flights)
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:38 pm

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d100 = 54 1d20 = 12

Consumer wrote:Sarik approaches the Professor about going on a hunting expedition. While the Professor doesn't seem to be upset a being asked, he does shake his head. "Oh I didn't think you couldn't eat oatmeal. I'm sure we still have plenty of supplies to make meals from, meat included. Just ask...." The professor pauses trying to remember a name. "Dhaltuun to whip you something up, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have some meat based food just sitting around, as he always seems to be eating Jerky." The professor says politely.


"Oh! I _can_ just, too much of it isn't good for me." Sarik explains. "But I'm also able to cook rather well myself, and hunt. So if we have some opportunities to do so in the near future I'll likely do so." he explains rather softly. "Though I understand your work is important and don't wish to get in the way of that. I'm very grateful you all found me." he offers up before going to join the others. When the talk of scouting ahead comes up he clears his throat and thumbs back to the mechanical looking wings attached to his armour. "These let me fly for two hours a day, if that helps." he'll pipe up to add to the conversation. "I'm also pretty decent at navigation, wilderness survival and tracking. Comes with the job, as it were. Part of my training I mean."
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 9:30 AM. (40 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Skills and Notes
Salomón: Advanced Math (trig etc. to figure out distances/routes): The distance isn't precise, but the scout's info puts it within a mile radius area. As for figuring out a route, this skill is not well suited for it.
Astronomy and Navigation (figure out where he is, where we need to go, etc. in coordination with Jason Long before he leaves): Salomón has a fairly good idea of where he is and where he has to go, but given he has no accurate modern maps or navigational tools (an Astrolabe would be ideal) to work with, it is a lot of guess work. This coupled with a lack of knowledge of the terrain is what is making this all very difficult, but Salomón is sure they'll get there.
Leo: Pilot: Jet Packs: See post.
Land Navigation (get bearings, try to find bunker): Leo is having the worst of luck, no sooner does he leave does he lose all track of where he is and where he's going.
Prowl (attempt to remain unseen): Seems successful.
Wilderness Survival (spot natural obstacles ahead): See post.
Detect Ambush (spot hostile beings ahead): Up to the time of his accident, none was seen.
Dhaltuun: None of the skills posted will do what you planned. I credit you with trying, but it might have done you better to ask first this time around.
About Purification by Fire; in typical Palladium fashion, this has no explanation. So under GM Fiat, I will rule thus: To purify the amulets with fire requires a small ritual, and a successful Lore: Magic (general) roll per amulet. I'm not going to sweat materials or P.P.E. as it almost seems symbolic in nature.
About Total Recall; It is only for read and spoken remembrances. RAW.



Sarik and the Professor
The man seems to understand. "Maybe when we stop for the night, I would like to push with all haste to the location first though."

Astral Projection
Before the expedition moves on, Salomón takes the time to go and scout ahead. The initial switch from the real world to the astral is always disconcerting as things become fuzzy and begin to lose the crispness of real life. Salomónrises from his body, still and quiet on the floor of his room. and makes his way out of the Behemoth and across the landscape to see what the path ahead has in store for them. Salomón is taken aback ever so slightly by what he see's here. While the trees are still visible, he also see's the ghostly remains of towns and small cities, not coherent enough to be identified, but there none the less. He also hears the near constant sounds of yelling, gunfire, cries of pain and death, and the booming of cannons. The area's emotional pull is so heavy it nearly makes the High Magus weep, this place has seen so much death in it's existence that it has made an indelible mark on the psychic landscape. This all leads to Salomón's first problem when he comes back to his body. The sheer psychic backlash made recognizing a path near impossible, leaving the High Magus mentally fatigued and emotionally spent. It's around here that the expedition begins moving again, making it's way slowly through the swamp and trees.

Leo's incident
Leo, hoping to help with the scouting, dons his jetpack and takes to the air. In typical Leo fashion, things almost immediately go wrong and his controls don't seem to want to respond properly. Leo manages to dodge a few of the larger trees before crashing into some large creature with a grunt. Leo's luck seems to be that he falls directly into a large bush and is hidden for the moment a few hundred feet from the expedition, between some manner of giants and the thing he's sworn to protect.

GM Note, the majority of the group knows nothing of what's happening.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Sarik » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 am

Perception 47%: 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d100 = 80 1d20 = 20

Consumer wrote:Sarik and the Professor
The man seems to understand. "Maybe when we stop for the night, I would like to push with all haste to the location first though."


Sarik holds up a hand somewhat defensively "Oh of course sir, of course! I was just expressing my desire as soon as it was appropriate. I do not wish to delay your work or get in the way. Do let me know if there's anything I can do to help, however in the meantime I suppose I should go find the others..." the pantheran magebane tries to explain, and then pauses as he stopped to think. Just where -was- everyone anyway!? Guess I'll have to go find them again...
Sarik Osefice Rasharr
Constant Conditions:
Radioactive, Can see UV, Impervious to HF, Impervious to Possession, Impervious to Magic (1/2 damage from physical magic such as TW weapons, Rune Weapons, Fireball, Lightning, Ice Shard. Also see OCC Special ability.)

OOC Comments
Personal Stats:
HP: 24
SDC: 131
P.P.E: 120

Armour Worn:
Pantheran FAS Suit
A.R.: 16
S.D.C. (M.D.C When Empowered) by Location:
• Helmet: 85 (170)
• Arms: 100 each (200)
• Legs: 150 each (300) (Left Leg: 283/300)
• Main Body: 200 (400)
Modifiers:
• -10% to skills requiring prowess


Carried Weapons:
Rasharr's Fang (back)
Legendary Enchanted Ōdachi
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Indestructible: Cannot be destroyed by any means, save alchemy.
• Deevil & Demon Slayer: inflicts double damage to Deevil & Demons.


Stomper Machine Pistol (right leg)
• Range: 610'
• Damage: 5D6 or 1D6x10 for micro-jet or explosive rounds
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 2 internal magazines of 6 rounds each, 12 round total payload
• Modifiers: None


Charged Particle Pistol (Left leg)
• Range: 900'
• Damage: 5D6 M.D. per shot
• Rate of Fire: Each single blast is one melee attack/action
• Payload: 8 shots
• Notes: Irradiated particles slow bio-regeneration for supernatural creatures by half


Dwarven Forged Tsurugi (left hip)
Damage: 3D6+4
• +2 Parry, +4 Damage


Soundtrack:
Avicci: Hey Brother, Dead Can Dance: Host of Seraphim, The Arrival and Reunion, Daft Punk: Born to get Lucky, Lady Gaga: Starstruck, Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna - Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra, Nickleback: When we Stand Together, Enrique Iglesias: Tonight (I'm F****** you),
User avatar
Sarik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: PAS

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:21 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 63

Crud.

Leo lays still, hopefully hidden by the bushes. What'd I hit? Some big ol' critter, seems like. He tries to remain motionless and quiet for a moment, in the hopes the creature doesn't notice him, and maybe moves off in another direction. As he waits, he tries to figure out what he hit, based on what little he saw of it.

Prowl 25% 1d100 = 35 (FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% 1d100 = 97 (identify the giant - FAIL)

If the Giant attacks him or begins moving toward the expedition, Leo makes himself known, swinging his gravity wave maul at the creature. "Showtime!"

Initiative 1d20+1 = 21

APM 6

Action 1: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 15; damage 9d6 = 28 MD + 1d4*10 = 40 MD gravitic blast wave. "Showtime!"
Action 2: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 12; damage 9d6 = 34 MD + 1d4*10 = 40 MD gravitic blast wave.
Action 3: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 9; damage 9d6 = 30 MD + 1d4*10 = 20 MD gravitic blast wave.
Action 4: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 24 (Nat. 20!); damage 9d6 = 30 X2 = 60 MD + 1d4*10 = 40x 2 = 80 MD gravitic blast wave.
Action 5: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 12; damage 9d6 = 33 MD + 1d4*10 = 30 MD gravitic blast wave.
Action 6: Reserved for dodge 1d20+8 = 24

Parries if necessary: 1) 1d20+8 = 9 (Nat. 1!); 2) 1d20+8 = 14; 3) 1d20+8 = 24; 4) 1d20+8 = 11; 5) 1d20+8 = 10; 6) 1d20+8 = 23

Autododge if necessary: 1) 1d20+2 = 16; 2) 1d20+2 = 11; 3) 1d20+2 = 9; 4) 1d20+2 = 5; 5) 1d20+2 = 8; 6) 1d20+2 = 7

If the Giant ignores him and the group and begins to move away, Leo will lay inert until it is gone, and then rejoin the expedition. No need to pick a fight where no fight exists.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 195/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 90
JIC(20): 1d20 = 8

Current Conditions:




Consumer wrote:
Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 9:30 AM. (40 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Astral Projection
Before the expedition moves on, Salomón takes the time to go and scout ahead. The initial switch from the real world to the astral is always disconcerting as things become fuzzy and begin to lose the crispness of real life. Salomónrises from his body, still and quiet on the floor of his room. and makes his way out of the Behemoth and across the landscape to see what the path ahead has in store for them. Salomón is taken aback ever so slightly by what he see's here. While the trees are still visible, he also see's the ghostly remains of towns and small cities, not coherent enough to be identified, but there none the less. He also hears the near constant sounds of yelling, gunfire, cries of pain and death, and the booming of cannons. The area's emotional pull is so heavy it nearly makes the High Magus weep, this place has seen so much death in it's existence that it has made an indelible mark on the psychic landscape. This all leads to Salomón's first problem when he comes back to his body. The sheer psychic backlash made recognizing a path near impossible, leaving the High Magus mentally fatigued and emotionally spent. It's around here that the expedition begins moving again, making it's way slowly through the swamp and trees.


The High Magus is emotionally drained after the psychic barrage he experienced on his foray. I will need to be more prepared next time and block out the psychic emanations until I can get some distance he thinks.

After resting for a moment to gather his composure and center himself, Salomón will head up to the main "bridge" area. "How is Leo doing?" he'll ask to whomever is present.

I hope he had better luck than I...
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 236/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 9:30 AM. (15 seconds have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


The group is slowly making it's way as Leo has an unfortunate collision with a giant bipedal creature. From the cockpit, of the Behemoth, Salomón and Rufus notice Leo's sudden erratic flight and subsequent crashing off to the left of the giant robot. "Looks like Leo has had himself an accident." Says the magically inclined Kankoran.

Leo looks to try and guess what he ran into, and is at a loss. There are three of them and each one looks very different than the other. They have some similarities. Two of them are approximately twenty feet tall and covered with scaly skin, like a lizard. Those two also have sharp claws on the hands, while only one of them has a large horn sprouting from his forehead. The third is shorter, about fourteen feet tall, and and covered in dirty mottled human-like skin. His teeth look too large for his mouth with discernible fangs jutting past his lower lips. They are all wearing roughly made hide clothing that resembles either skirts or loin clothes and roughly made leather pants. They seem unarmed at the moment.

As Leo takes this all in, they do react with a typical look around, it's here that Leo loses sight of the smaller one as it just seems to vanish from sight. In a guttural tongue, the two larger ones say something before shrugging and continuing to move forward towards the convoy.

From the cockpit the trees near Leo's crash site can be seen moving, as something large is heading in their direction.

Leo not wanting to risk the convoy being attacked charges the Giants. Screaming "Showtime!" The blow catches one of them unaware, and is a bone jarring impact, but the beast seems to still be standing. Leo winds up for a second swing only to find his blow deflected. The two Towering Giants rush Leo, clawing at him. Leo tries to parry the attacks but is not able to. Leo winds up again and swings his hammer, but finds the Giant blocking the blow again. They both try and claw Leo out of his armor, but Leo fends off the attacks brilliantly. Leo tires to bring his hammer down again, and annihilates one of the two Giants with the blow, the other seems wounded, but still ready for a fight, given it's guttural scream towards Leo. It's attack is unfocused and without real skill dealing minimal damage to Leo's armor. Leo swings again, seeming to get a feel for these berzerkers, and lands another hit. The Giant seems very wounded, but continues its attack, Spitting a gob of Acid onto Leo, that burns into the thick ceramic plates of his armor. The third Giant has not been seen yet, and the ringing booms of Leo's hammer can be heard by all, in a several mile radius.

Combat posts!

Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 67
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 96 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A


Dhaltuun looks up from his work. ”That sounds like Leo roaring. What is that other sound?” After a second, he realizes ’Giants!!” Dhaltuun then grabs his combat gear as well as his chainsaw and heads out to the observation deck. With a whistle, he finishes putting on his armored jacket and clipping the chainsaw to its holder.

Within a moment, Marcella arrives. ”Okay, my girl. I need you to fly high and check on Leo. It sounds like he is in a fight. You be my eyes. GO!” Once she is away, Dhal calls for his best minion. ”Jessie!!” When she arrives, He barks his orders. ”alright, Our Leo is in a fight with Giants. H cant let him have all the fun. You will fly me there and we will assist in this party. Time to make Njord and the All Father proud.” With a final comment, ”Cat, You stay and help guard Vladimir.”

He will wait for Jessie to pick him up and carry him to the fight. As they approach from the air, Dhaltuun uses that time to prep Jessie and himself to fight the foes of his god, GIANTS!! First he casts Armor of Ithan on himself and Jessie, then he casts Superhuman strength upon himself. Once that is done, Dhaltuun shouts a command at Jessie. ”Throw me at that one!!” pointing at 3rd giant as he speaks.

With the velocity of being thrown, Dhaltuun does a quick casting of Domination and uses the impact form the fall as the touch part of his spell. With a grunt and some sore muscles, Dhaltuun springboards off the giant and tries to soften his landing. Hitting the ground, he rolls and comes up on his knee with his WI-SR15 rifle ready. ”Protect me!” ’In the name of Njord, i hoped that worked.”





Jessie hears Dhaltuun and comes flying in. As she approaches, she sees that he is ready to be grabbed. Using her magical strength, she scoops him up by the armpits in the crook of her arms. Holding her shield as they fly, she guards Dhaltuun as he casts spells. Upon his command she tossed him at thje giant. ’Good luck Boss.” She flies off to help Leo.




APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 3

A1) Armor of Ithan on dhaltuun - 10 ppe / Dur: 6 mins (24 rds) / MDC: 60
A2) Armor of Ithan 0n Jessie - 10 ppe / Dur: 6 mins (24 rds) / MDC: 60
A3) SH PS on dhaltuun - 10 ppe / Dur: 3 mins (12 rds) / SN PS: 30 / SN PE: 24 / +30 sdc = 94 total
A4) Use falling to punch the giant - Strike: 1d20+8 = 11 / Damage: 3d6 = 12 (( x2 if falling??))
A5)Use Punch as touch for Domination on 3rd giant - 10 ppe / Dur: 3 hrs / ST VS Strength 12 /
A6) Back flip to ground - 84% / 1d100 = 55
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest