A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed May 06, 2020 10:50 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 11:45 AM. (2:15 hours have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Leo and Bob begin work on cleaning up the interior of the partially ransacked Cargonaut. Sarik and Jessie continue flying around the area keeping an eye on things, which seem rather calm no that the Gigantes are dead. Salomón cancels his spell on Leo, and goes to loot the bodies, which sadly carry nothing of any real value, even the hides they were using for clothes which might have brought in a few credits are worthless due to poor care and improper tanning. He eventually joins up with Sarik and Jessie in their patrol. Dhaltuun tries to reprimand Salomón for his exclamation towards Jessie, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. With the cargonaut squared away, the convoy begins moving again. Dhaltuun calls a team meeting for his minions, to which Salomón and Sarik can see, Jessie seems a little annoyed at having to leave here patrol.

Dhaltuun asks Vladmir if anything has changed in the fifteen minutes that have passed, and the little hearth spirit just seems confused. "Was something suposed to change?" It asks confusedly. Jessie comes into the galley, no Pantheran-Terrax in tow. "I have no powers over your other minions, so if you want them to come, you'll have to get them." She says with a annoyed tone. When Dhaltuun offers his plan she shakes her head. "So you'd have me hide in this mechanical monstrosity to wait for something to happen, versus actually being out there to be able to respond to things that happen. Alright." She says and sits down at the dinner table, a bored expression on her face.

The next two hours pass with only a detour around a impassable patch of swamp being the major issue. In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.

Request: Pleas give me a general idea of where in the Behemoth Explorer you currently are.

Locations of people that I know of, or am NPCing; Jason and Rufus are in the cockpit. Jessie is in the dining hall. Cat is in Dhaltuun's room sleeping. Vladamir is in the Galley, prepping veggies for some food or another. Dexter is in his room.

Note: That due to Dhaltuun's orders, nobody is flying outside the Behemoth at the moment.

What are your intentions!

Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -67 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100,
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Sarik: Wings of Pornbida -1 charge
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 100
JIC(20): 1d20 = 5

Current Conditions (at end of post): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:
Salomon wrote:"Really?!?" shouts the High Magus at Jessie, annoyed at the Valkyrie undercutting his attempts at diplomacy.


”My bad. She was following orders. I didn't hear you in time. You want to discuss stuff, talk to me. Don't talk to my people that way, if you please.” He gives a small nod and continues on his way.
’These are MY minions to command. Njord blessed me with them and NOONE tells them what to do but me.” With a shake of head, Dhaltuun heads for the galley.


Salomón turns to look coolly at the Nuhr Dwarf. "Talk to your people in what way, precisely? Are you seriously suggesting that only you have the right to be frustrated with the lack of coordination and competence we just witnessed?" he retorts.

Someone's getting a bit too big for their britches... he thinks as he walks away while shaking his head.




Consumer wrote:The next two hours pass with only a detour around a impassable patch of swamp being the major issue. In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.


Hmm thinks the High Magus as he notices the sensors register something unusual while hanging around in the cockpit and debriefing the team on what he and Sarik found - which wasn't much, given the rain and fog. "Anything to be concerned about?" he asks Jason Long while pointing at the flashing sensor screen.

If Jason replies in the negative, Salomón will return to his quarters and meditate to restore some of his personal power spent during the last battle (15 PPE and six ISP per hour, if that much time passes). Of course, he can be reached physically or via radio/intercom if something is amiss.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 176/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed May 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/ 1d100 = 96

Once the team clean up after dealing with the giants, Jason works on breaking down what happened. Communication and coordination. He calls the Templar together for a minute, in the Behemoth, with the hatch sealed so the Professor and his team can't overhear. He speaks calmly and non-judgmentally. "Ok, folks that was fast work dealing with those things, but we can do better. First, Leo, I'm glad to see you are ok and I'm impressed that you were able to drop them that quickly. But, remember that you are a part of a team. We all have radios for a reason. Next time you get into something, radio us first, so we know what is going on. Some of us didn't even know there was a threat until the gigantes was at the cargonaut. As for trying to take the gigantes alive, I am not going to second guess someone's use of lethal force in a combat situation. That being said, we all need to communicate better, speaking as well as listening. I'm as much to blame as anyone for not monitoring the radios and coordinating our efforts. " Jason suggests that they spend some time thinking ways to improve team coordination and discuss is after dinner. He then head back to the Behemoth cockpit.

Consumer wrote: In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.


Jason radios the Professor, ""Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path. " Jason calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout". He does a more detailed sensor scan to lock down the target's location, course, and speed. He also checks its course on the map, trying to see where it might have come from and where it is heading to.

As Templar come to the control room, Jason quickly briefs them. "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is" He points at the track on the sensors. "Do not engaged unless it attacks first. Try not to be seen, get close, see what it is, and radio back. If it is non-hostile and can be reasoned with, it may be a source of information for the locating the bunker. We should be getting close soon. If it is a potential threat and you aren't detected, stay hidden and brief us. We will decide the best way to handle it together." Jason considers the range. "I'll mount up in Bonaparte. It is already in range of the 105 if you need fire support. Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions. "

((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 63% ))getting details of the target
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 39% ))plotting the target's course, where it is going
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 35% ))Where did it come from
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri May 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 87

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 4

Salomon wrote:"Jet pack... and owner... alright?"


Leo nods, chagrinned. "All good. Takes a bit more than a crash into a giant to take down Qua... to... take me down."

He then moves to clean up the mess in the cargonaut with Bob. Once done, he heads back outside so the crew can once again begin to pick their way through the swamp. He takes up a position with access to the exit hatch, and monitors his radio for any reports of trouble.

Eventually, he overhears Jason on the team channel.

Jason wrote:"Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path. "


More trouble? Leo heads to the control room for a better look at what's happening.

"What is it boss? If it's more o' them giants I'll paste 'em for you."

Jason wrote: "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is"


Leo nods in understanding. "I mean, I usully kill 'em first and figure out what they were later, but that works too." He smiles, but the stress of this trip is causing his hand to tremor, ever so slightly.

Noticing, He puts his hand on his belt, in an effort to diminish the visibility of the tremor.

Jason wrote:"Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions."


"Anyone tried making radio contact? It could be a friendly."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 4
Initiative: 1d20 = 4
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 20 (make the templar’s dinner)


Post -

Jason wrote: Once the team clean up after dealing with the giants, Jason works on breaking down what happened. Communication and coordination. He calls the Templar together for a minute, in the Behemoth, with the hatch sealed so the Professor and his team can't overhear. He speaks calmly and non-judgmentally. "Ok, folks that was fast work dealing with those things, but we can do better. First, Leo, I'm glad to see you are ok and I'm impressed that you were able to drop them that quickly. But, remember that you are a part of a team. We all have radios for a reason. Next time you get into something, radio us first, so we know what is going on. Some of us didn't even know there was a threat until the gigantes was at the cargonaut. As for trying to take the gigantes alive, I am not going to second guess someone's use of lethal force in a combat situation. That being said, we all need to communicate better, speaking as well as listening. I'm as much to blame as anyone for not monitoring the radios and coordinating our efforts. " Jason suggests that they spend some time thinking ways to improve team coordination and discuss it after dinner. He then headed back to the Behemoth cockpit.


Dhaltuun takes a deep breath. ”He is right.” With that simple thought Dhaltuun gives the tiniest nod. He stands once Jason is finished. As he walks back to the galley, he rethinks what happened. ”There are a few things i need to work on. Communication is definitely one of those things. I will look into some more tactical training, then I can be a better leader as well as a team member. I swear to Njord.” Dhaltuun heads for the galley.

Jason wrote:Jason calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout".


Dhaltuun looks at Jessie with a raised eyebrow as he enters the galley. ”You want in? Better than sitting around.” Seeing her face, Dhaltuun smiles ”Thought so.” Hitting the radio ”Dhaltuun here. Jessie volunteers.” He looks at Vladimir. ”I guess i work on some stuff till i am needed. I will do a little research while we wait for action.”


Seeing Sal as he heads for the galley, Dhaltuun takes the verbal lashing with dignity. As sal turns and moves off, ”You are right, my friend. I was just upset and let my emotions run loose. I was wrong, and i vow to work on it.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect. Offering his hand as he raises his head.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Thu May 14, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed May 13, 2020 9:25 am

**rolls held**

Current Conditions (at end of post):Fly as the Eagle (+ 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack; 80:00 remaining); Invisibility: Superior (12:00 remaining) & Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Leo wrote:Leo nods, chagrinned. "All good. Takes a bit more than a crash into a giant to take down Qua... to... take me down."


Salomón claps Leo on his massive shoulder and smiles. "We'll have to see about repairing that armor of yours when we get to a ley line - *IF* we get to a ley line," he says wistfully.




Later...

Jason Long wrote:"As for trying to take the gigantes alive, I am not going to second guess someone's use of lethal force in a combat situation. That being said, we all need to communicate better, speaking as well as listening. I'm as much to blame as anyone for not monitoring the radios and coordinating our efforts. " [/b]


The High Magus shrugs at Jason's dismissal of his suggestion to use less than lethal force. "You're in charge. My suggestion is only this: we don't have to employ lethal force as a first resort when we could, instead, utilize discretion, subdue threats, and turn them to our advantage." He looks around at the others present. "Does anyone know the ins and outs of this trip? These swamps? The geography? So far as I'm aware, none of us do. Perhaps one of these gigantes do... or did, and we could have used that information. The first two were clearly lethal threats, and tried to take out Leo... self-defense is always justified. But this last one was rummaging around in the back. Think about it."

With that, he politely excuses himself and leaves the room (unless other things need to be discussed).




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Seeing Sal as he heads for the galley, Dhaltuun takes the verbal lashing with dignity. As sal turns and moves off, ”You are right, my friend. I was just upset and let my emotions run loose. I was wrong, and i vow to work on it.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect.


Salomón thougthfully listens to Dhaltuun and takes in what was said. "Don't sweat it, my friend," he says after a moment. "Sometimes, in the heat of battle - or, shortly thereafter, in this case - things are said that don't really reflect the way we feel. It happens... my apologies for my sharp tongue as well, as I am no exception," he tells the Nuhr dwarf, and nods in recognition to Jessie if she is present. He takes Dhaltuun's hand and shakes it heartily.

Now we can be friends again he thinks with a smile of satisfaction.




Shortly after...

Jason Long wrote:
Consumer wrote: In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.


Jason radios the Professor, ""Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path. " Jason calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout". He does a more detailed sensor scan to lock down the target's location, course, and speed. He also checks its course on the map, trying to see where it might have come from and where it is heading to.

As Templar come to the control room, Jason quickly briefs them. "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is" He points at the track on the sensors. "Do not engaged unless it attacks first. Try not to be seen, get close, see what it is, and radio back. If it is non-hostile and can be reasoned with, it may be a source of information for the locating the bunker. We should be getting close soon. If it is a potential threat and you aren't detected, stay hidden and brief us. We will decide the best way to handle it together." Jason considers the range. "I'll mount up in Bonaparte. It is already in range of the 105 if you need fire support. Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions. "


Leo wrote:He smiles, but the stress of this trip is causing his hand to tremor, ever so slightly.

Noticing, He puts his hand on his belt, in an effort to diminish the visibility of the tremor.


Leo's tremors do not go unnoticed by the perceptive High Magus (ooc: unless Consumer rules otherwise, I'm presuming the perception roll discovers Quake's 'quaking' - if this is not correct, ignore this sentence and the next please), but he files it away. Maybe it's a juicer thing... all those drugs must take their toll on the body, and the specialized conversion Leo underwent, even moreso he thinks.

Salomón raises his hand, when he hears Jason's call for a volunteer. "I'll go. My magic can keep me undetected - including by this vehicle's sensors, so you won't see where I am either - and I can fly there with the aid of another spell. I'm not sure how fast it's moving, however - I can only fly at around 50 mph, maximum. Is that fast enough, you think?"

Salomón will ask Jason to show him the UFO's speed, course, and altitude, etc., the Amaki will mentally calculate an intercept course to get an idea of where he needs to go to get a good look at the UFO.

Skill Roll: Mathematics, Advanced (use trigonometry to identify intercept course, assuming constant speed of himself @ 50mph and the UFO's speed) ---> 1d100 = 78/98%

If Jason agrees (and the UFO isn't moving too quickly for Sal to reasonably intercept it at a range where he can get a look at it), the Magus will prepare by casting Fly as the Eagle. He then grabs his rifle, casts Invisibility: Superior upon himself, and - barring any objections or other immediate needs/concerns, says, "I'd ask you all to keep an eye on me, but that won't be possible, I'm afraid... so I will keep in radio contact with you... please have some backup or reinforcements standing by to assist if need be, and for god's sake, make sure I have time to get clear before you unload any ordnance my way," before he disembarks from the Behemoth and flies toward the projected trajectory of the UFO.

Let's hope this goes well... he thinks.

**CONTINGENCY**

IF the UFO is moving too quickly for Sal to reasonably intercept, he will inform Jason and the others, and look to someone else to intercept and investigate (Leo?), and offer to cast the Invisibility: Superior spell on them to cloak them, informing them of the same hazards (undetectable by "friendlies" as well as foes)




Fly as the Eagle
Range: Self or two others by touch or cast upon one to 100 feet) away.
Duration: 20 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Twenty-Five
The power of flight is bestowed upon the spell caster or person it is cast upon. It is especially effective outdoors, and in large, open areas.
Maximum Speed: 50 mph.
Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Bonuses apply only when in flight. The character enchanted by this spell can fly and land as he pleases without intense concentration, and spell casters can cast other spells while flying .


Invisibility: Superior
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: Three minutes (12 melees) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Twenty
A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisible to all means of detection. Ordinary vision, infrared, ultraviolet and other optics, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can NOT locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little
sound (prowls at 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, or engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible. Note: The invisible character is not ethereal and can not walk through walls; he must still use a door. The act of forcing open a door or window, picking a lock, tapping somebody, accidentally bumping somebody, or accidentally getting shot or hurt, is not considered an act of aggression or combat, so invisibility is maintained.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 176/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 81 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 78
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 64 (make the templar’s dinner)


Post -
Salomón thoughtfully listens to Dhaltuun and takes in what was said. "Don't sweat it, my friend," he says after a moment. "Sometimes, in the heat of battle - or, shortly thereafter, in this case - things are said that don't really reflect the way we feel. It happens... my apologies for my sharp tongue as well, as I am no exception," he tells the Nuhr dwarf, and nods in recognition to Jessie if she is present. He takes Dhaltuun's hand and shakes it heartily.


Dhaltuun smiles as they grasp hands. ”Blessings of Njord upon you, my friend.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect and continues to the galley. ”I hope this meat is ready. I can’t wait to try those recipes.” Upon returning to his “office”, Dhaltuun looks at his Knives, ”I need some new blades. Especially when I carve the dino meat.”

After a few moments, Dhaltuun pulls out his notebook and scribbles down some knife types he would like. ” When we return to Merctown and the farm, I will look into getting some new tools. Cooking, woodworking, as well as some toys and gear for Cat and Marcella.” Closing the notebook ad returning to his vest, Dhaltuun looks at Vladimir. ”Any ideas for meals over the next few days? I feel we should make something special, as that last encounter was a cluster fuck. We took out the giants, but no team communication. We need to learn tactics.” With that, he looks through the recipes he has for ideas while engaging Vladimir in small talk, mostly about cooking.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 11:50 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Skills:
Salomón: Mathematics, Advanced (use trigonometry to identify intercept course, assuming constant speed of himself @ 50mph and the UFO's speed): You could likely run into it a few miles north of the convoy's current position.
Jason: Sensory Equipment (getting details of the target): It's largish 40-50' in length, Its not flying very fast 40 mph tops, It's approximately a 100' off the ground. All the other usual visual scanners are out of range. (Which is a dumb set up by Palladium)
Land Navigation (plotting the target's course, where it is going): North, North west, is Jason's best guess, it's final destination is a mystery.
Land Navigation (Where did it come from): Somewhere from the south, without having tracked it for a longer duration, that's all he can surmise.
Dhaltuun: Cooking (make the Templar’s dinner): While I'm not against Dhaltuun making food, considering it isn't even noon, you may consider making Lunch versus Dinner, but sure you can start some hours long dinner project. In the future at least give me a better idea of what you are attempting, or I can't make even an educated guess. Also one roll, multiple attempts for the same concept will be ignored.


In the cockpit Jason, Salomón, and Rufus watch the blip move slowly across the screen. "Anything to be concerned about?" Salomón asks Jason.

Jason quickly radios the Professor's team. ""Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path." Samantha replies from the professor's team. "Roger, stopping." Jason then calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout". Dhaltuun hearing the general call volunteer's Jessie. Sal, Jessie, and Leo arrive to hear Jason gives some orders. "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is" He points at the track on the sensors. "Do not engaged unless it attacks first. Try not to be seen, get close, see what it is, and radio back. If it is non-hostile and can be reasoned with, it may be a source of information for the locating the bunker. We should be getting close soon. If it is a potential threat and you aren't detected, stay hidden and brief us. We will decide the best way to handle it together." Jason considers the range. "I'll mount up in Bonaparte. It is already in range of the 105 if you need fire support. Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions. "

Rufus speaks up. "By the time you get Bonaparte out of the cargo bay it'll likely be too late." Leo also adds his two cents. "Anyone tried making radio contact? It could be a friendly."

Sal preps up by casting a few spells, while Jessie just makes her way outside. While Jessie could have just flown off without Sal, she is waiting outside for him to emerge. The two of them make their way east to get a better look at the UFO. A few minutes pass and the duo is about a half mile from the flyer. With a bit of surprise they both can easily tell one thing, It's a Dragon, and while it doesn't seem to notice the two, who knows if it has.

Locations: Jason, Leo, & Rufus are in the cockpit. Dhaltuun & Vladamir are in the Galley, Cat is in Dhaltuun's Quarters, Salomón & Jessie are approximately 3 miles away to the east. Dex & Sarik are in their respective quarters.

What are your intentions!

Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -112 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100,
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Sarik: Wings of Pornbida -1 charge
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Fri May 22, 2020 9:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/49% CRIT success
JIC(100): 1d100 = 97
JIC(20): 1d20 = 17

Current Conditions (at end of post):Fly as the Eagle (+ 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack; 77:00 remaining); Invisibility: Superior (9:00 remaining) & Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)

SKILL ROLL IN POST




Consumer wrote:
Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 11:50 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Leo: "Anyone tried making radio contact? It could be a friendly."


Good idea thinks the High Magus.

He looks to Jason Long, the leader, for a response. Getting none, he decisively takes action instead of waiting around.




Consumer wrote:Sal preps up by casting a few spells, while Jessie just makes her way outside. While Jessie could have just flown off without Sal, she is waiting outside for him to emerge. The two of them make their way east to get a better look at the UFO. A few minutes pass and the duo is about a half mile from the flyer.
With a bit of surprise they both can easily tell one thing, It's a Dragon, and while it doesn't seem to notice the two, who knows if it has.


Woah!

The Amaki strains to make out the features of the draconic shape on front of them, and pauses to pull his binoculars off his chest rig as he puts them up to his eyes.

Skill Roll: Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (identify species and maturity, if possible, of the dragon, as well as recall general traits) ----> 1d100 = 20/68% Success!

He sends a telepathic message to Jessie: Jessie... it's Sal... I apologize for the unannounced intrusion, but I obviously don't want to draw attention unnecessarily from what's in front of us. I can't tell from this distance if it can see us yet.. I suggest we hold our position or move slowly with it so as not to startle it or make it see us as a threat

The High Magus halts his position for a moment to minimize any noise interference from air/wind for radio talk: "Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise," he says into his radio.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 176/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Sat May 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 70

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 6

Salomon wrote:"Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise,"


Concern washes over Leo's face. He looks to Jason. "Sal and Jess should head back this way. If the dragon saw them... better to bring it here where we can all fight, than for us to try to get where they are."

He shrugs, "And if it has no hostility toward us... maybe we give it the opportunity to disengage by falling back."

For his part, Leo leaves the cockpit and heads back o the hatch, prepared to exit the Behemoth on a moment's notice if ordered to, and fight. Again, his hand starts to shake uncontrollably. Not this again... I know it's stressful, a dragon flying overhead... but I swear if my hands don't stop this frakking quaking I'll.... I'll get 'em replaced! He takes his hammer, and holds it as steady as he can - the effort having a slight effect at mitigating the hand tremor.

A Dragon... Leo shakes his head. Dino's are one thing... but an honest-to-goodness Dragon... I never thought I'd ever even see one. He briefly hopes the dragon just... leaves.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/ 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 54

Salomón wrote:The High Magus halts his position for a moment to minimize any noise interference from air/wind for radio talk: "Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise," he says into his radio.


Jason takes a minute to let the news soak in. A dragon? There are flying dragons in the world? Shaking his head as if to clear it. Jason considers Leo's advice. He quickly decides that he doesn't know enough about dragons. He responds to the others, keying the radio so Salomon, Jessie, and the Professor can hear as well.

"Good idea, stopping where you are. What is its course and speed? How close will it come to us if it continues? Also, someone tell me about dragons here. Are they sapient, reasoning beings that we can communicate with? Are they territorial? " He releases the mic and turns to Leo. "I know you are worried about Jessie, but if it is hostile, our job is to protect the Professor and his team. We need to keep the dragon away from here and lead it to a battlesite of our choosing if we have to fight it. I'd rather not fight it at all"

While waiting for the others to brief him on dragons, Jason looks over the maps to see if there is a nearby area, possibly a depression, which would make a good battlefield away fom the Behemoth and other vehicles.

((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 61% ))checking the map for features that could be used to block a battlesite from the stopped vehicles.
((Intelligence--91% / 1d100 = 51% ))deciding on a good battlesite
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm

**rolls held**

Jason Long wrote:"Good idea, stopping where you are. What is its course and speed? How close will it come to us if it continues? Also, someone tell me about dragons here. Are they sapient, reasoning beings that we can communicate with? Are they territorial? "


"Copy that, holding position. Dragon seems to be headed in a perpendicular direction to us, presently northward. Not expecting an intercept and suggest we give it a wide berth. Dragons tend toward territorial behavior and are fearsome foes. We should try to stay on its good side, if at all possible," says the Amaki into his radio, staying steady in the air and keeping his eyes on the dragon for any cues that it could have noticed them.

We certainly don't want to be on its BAD side... he thinks, eyes warily glued to the dragon so as to not let it out of his sight.

**Contingency**

If the SHTF (Dragon appears to "see" us and/or begins to move in our direction), Sal will telepathically tell Jessie to retreat back to the Behemoth where we can have the strength of numbers if a conflict were to occur, and high-tail it back at maximum speed and radio the other Templar to inform them of the situation. If the Dragon attacks in any manner, Sal will cast Armor of Ithan upon himself while flying back to the Behemoth, and if his AoI is destroyed, he will re-cast it immediately during the flight to keep a perpetual shield from attack up the entire way.




In the event that Sal and Jessie make it back safely and are not pursued, Sal will enter the Behemoth and, after a debrief, or unless otherwise needed, will excuse himself to recharge his P.P.E. and I.S.P. energies via meditation, assuming enough time passes for him to be able to do so.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 176/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 56
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 25 (make the templar’s dinner)
Lore: Demon 79% - 1d100 = 43 - info on dragons
Lore: Faerie 59% - 1d100 = 13 - info on dragons
Lore: Magic - 1d100 = 42 - info on dragons
• **General Knowledge: 69% - 1d100 = 92 - info on dragons

Post -
Dhaltuun keys his radio. "I will see what i can find out.” He looks at Vlad ”Do you know anything about dragons?” He listens to the response. As he listens, he tries to remember anything from his studies. All the while, keeps working on dinner.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 40 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 11:55 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


OOC Comments
Skills: Sal: Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (identify species and maturity, if possible, of the dragon, as well as recall general traits): Looks like an adult Great Horned Dragon. They're widely considered to be the most powerful of the dragon breeds, with magical powers that rival gods.
Jason: Land Navigation (checking the map for features that could be used to block a battlesite from the stopped vehicles.): None that could be reached quickly enough to matter, though Jason is fairly sure that the place they're at is relatively neutral in advantage/disadvantage.
Intelligence (deciding on a good battlesite): As above.
Dhaltuun: Lore: Faerie (info on dragons): Dhaltuun knows a great deal about dragons, but without seeing it, or having any other info other than flying dragon, he cannot make anything but wild guesses.


Near the Dragon
Sal and Jessie

Salomón wrote:The Amaki strains to make out the features of the draconic shape on front of them, and pauses to pull his binoculars off his chest rig as he puts them up to his eyes.

Jessie... it's Sal... I apologize for the unannounced intrusion, but I obviously don't want to draw attention unnecessarily from what's in front of us. I can't tell from this distance if it can see us yet.. I suggest we hold our position or move slowly with it so as not to startle it or make it see us as a threat

The High Magus halts his position for a moment to minimize any noise interference from air/wind for radio talk: "Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise," he says into his radio.


Sal not being able to see Jessie and Jessie not having any psychic abilities what so ever garners the following response. "Yeah, I'm not looking to ride to Valhalla today, maybe we should just head back."



Convoy
Dhaltuun, Jason, Rufus, Leo.

Leo wrote:Concern washes over Leo's face. He looks to Jason. "Sal and Jess should head back this way. If the dragon saw them... better to bring it here where we can all fight, than for us to try to get where they are."

He shrugs, "And if it has no hostility toward us... maybe we give it the opportunity to disengage by falling back."

For his part, Leo leaves the cockpit and heads back o the hatch, prepared to exit the Behemoth on a moment's notice if ordered to, and fight. Again, his hand starts to shake uncontrollably. He takes his hammer, and holds it as steady as he can - the effort having a slight effect at mitigating the hand tremor.



Jason Long wrote:Jason takes a minute to let the news soak in. Shaking his head as if to clear it. Jason considers Leo's advice. He quickly decides that he doesn't know enough about dragons. He responds to the others, keying the radio so Salomon, Jessie, and the Professor can hear as well.

"Good idea, stopping where you are. What is its course and speed? How close will it come to us if it continues? Also, someone tell me about dragons here. Are they sapient, reasoning beings that we can communicate with? Are they territorial? " He releases the mic and turns to Leo. "I know you are worried about Jessie, but if it is hostile, our job is to protect the Professor and his team. We need to keep the dragon away from here and lead it to a battlesite of our choosing if we have to fight it. I'd rather not fight it at all"

While waiting for the others to brief him on dragons, Jason looks over the maps to see if there is a nearby area, possibly a depression, which would make a good battlefield away from the Behemoth and other vehicles.


Rufus looks to Jason. "Yes they're sapient, can communicate if they want to, and usually are very territorial. Likely our best course of action is to just let it pass and not bother it."

The professor's voice crackles over the radio. "I don't think we should bother the Dragon, if it wants to talk, then it'll come to us.

Dhaltuun wrote:Dhaltuun keys his radio. "I will see what I can find out.” He looks at Vlad ”Do you know anything about dragons?” He listens to the response. As he listens, he tries to remember anything from his studies. All the while, keeps working on dinner.


Vlad looks to Dhaltuun with an expression of horror. "Are we being attacked by a dragon? We need to flee then, all they do is kill and eat people." Vladamir says frantically.



In the Swamp
Murdoc

*Blip* a desert landscape and a pack of alien looking herbivores.

*Blip* Now floundering in the sea, salty water washing over his flailing body.

*Blip* A frozen tundra, the sea water on his armor freezing almost instantly.

*Blip* Murdoc finds himself thigh deep in swampy muck. A thick fog distorts his vision over a distance of ten feet, though he is sure he can see the shadows of trees al around him. A light rain falls from the sky. Murdoc is hopeful that the trap finally has worn off, as by his estimate he's been skipping all over the place for the past several hours, and finds himself both hungry and thirsty at the very least. Another few moments pass, and no scenery change.



Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -112 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100,
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Sarik: Wings of Pornbida -1 charge
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1262
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests