A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed May 06, 2020 10:50 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 11:45 AM. (2:15 hours have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Leo and Bob begin work on cleaning up the interior of the partially ransacked Cargonaut. Sarik and Jessie continue flying around the area keeping an eye on things, which seem rather calm no that the Gigantes are dead. Salomón cancels his spell on Leo, and goes to loot the bodies, which sadly carry nothing of any real value, even the hides they were using for clothes which might have brought in a few credits are worthless due to poor care and improper tanning. He eventually joins up with Sarik and Jessie in their patrol. Dhaltuun tries to reprimand Salomón for his exclamation towards Jessie, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. With the cargonaut squared away, the convoy begins moving again. Dhaltuun calls a team meeting for his minions, to which Salomón and Sarik can see, Jessie seems a little annoyed at having to leave here patrol.

Dhaltuun asks Vladmir if anything has changed in the fifteen minutes that have passed, and the little hearth spirit just seems confused. "Was something suposed to change?" It asks confusedly. Jessie comes into the galley, no Pantheran-Terrax in tow. "I have no powers over your other minions, so if you want them to come, you'll have to get them." She says with a annoyed tone. When Dhaltuun offers his plan she shakes her head. "So you'd have me hide in this mechanical monstrosity to wait for something to happen, versus actually being out there to be able to respond to things that happen. Alright." She says and sits down at the dinner table, a bored expression on her face.

The next two hours pass with only a detour around a impassable patch of swamp being the major issue. In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.

Request: Pleas give me a general idea of where in the Behemoth Explorer you currently are.

Locations of people that I know of, or am NPCing; Jason and Rufus are in the cockpit. Jessie is in the dining hall. Cat is in Dhaltuun's room sleeping. Vladamir is in the Galley, prepping veggies for some food or another. Dexter is in his room.

Note: That due to Dhaltuun's orders, nobody is flying outside the Behemoth at the moment.

What are your intentions!

Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -67 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100,
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Sarik: Wings of Pornbida -1 charge
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 100
JIC(20): 1d20 = 5

Current Conditions (at end of post): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:
Salomon wrote:"Really?!?" shouts the High Magus at Jessie, annoyed at the Valkyrie undercutting his attempts at diplomacy.


”My bad. She was following orders. I didn't hear you in time. You want to discuss stuff, talk to me. Don't talk to my people that way, if you please.” He gives a small nod and continues on his way.
’These are MY minions to command. Njord blessed me with them and NOONE tells them what to do but me.” With a shake of head, Dhaltuun heads for the galley.


Salomón turns to look coolly at the Nuhr Dwarf. "Talk to your people in what way, precisely? Are you seriously suggesting that only you have the right to be frustrated with the lack of coordination and competence we just witnessed?" he retorts.

Someone's getting a bit too big for their britches... he thinks as he walks away while shaking his head.




Consumer wrote:The next two hours pass with only a detour around a impassable patch of swamp being the major issue. In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.


Hmm thinks the High Magus as he notices the sensors register something unusual while hanging around in the cockpit and debriefing the team on what he and Sarik found - which wasn't much, given the rain and fog. "Anything to be concerned about?" he asks Jason Long while pointing at the flashing sensor screen.

If Jason replies in the negative, Salomón will return to his quarters and meditate to restore some of his personal power spent during the last battle (15 PPE and six ISP per hour, if that much time passes). Of course, he can be reached physically or via radio/intercom if something is amiss.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Wed May 06, 2020 3:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/ 1d100 = 96

Once the team clean up after dealing with the giants, Jason works on breaking down what happened. Communication and coordination. He calls the Templar together for a minute, in the Behemoth, with the hatch sealed so the Professor and his team can't overhear. He speaks calmly and non-judgmentally. "Ok, folks that was fast work dealing with those things, but we can do better. First, Leo, I'm glad to see you are ok and I'm impressed that you were able to drop them that quickly. But, remember that you are a part of a team. We all have radios for a reason. Next time you get into something, radio us first, so we know what is going on. Some of us didn't even know there was a threat until the gigantes was at the cargonaut. As for trying to take the gigantes alive, I am not going to second guess someone's use of lethal force in a combat situation. That being said, we all need to communicate better, speaking as well as listening. I'm as much to blame as anyone for not monitoring the radios and coordinating our efforts. " Jason suggests that they spend some time thinking ways to improve team coordination and discuss is after dinner. He then head back to the Behemoth cockpit.

Consumer wrote: In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.


Jason radios the Professor, ""Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path. " Jason calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout". He does a more detailed sensor scan to lock down the target's location, course, and speed. He also checks its course on the map, trying to see where it might have come from and where it is heading to.

As Templar come to the control room, Jason quickly briefs them. "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is" He points at the track on the sensors. "Do not engaged unless it attacks first. Try not to be seen, get close, see what it is, and radio back. If it is non-hostile and can be reasoned with, it may be a source of information for the locating the bunker. We should be getting close soon. If it is a potential threat and you aren't detected, stay hidden and brief us. We will decide the best way to handle it together." Jason considers the range. "I'll mount up in Bonaparte. It is already in range of the 105 if you need fire support. Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions. "

((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 63% ))getting details of the target
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 39% ))plotting the target's course, where it is going
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 35% ))Where did it come from
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Fri May 08, 2020 3:33 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 87

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 4

Salomon wrote:"Jet pack... and owner... alright?"


Leo nods, chagrinned. "All good. Takes a bit more than a crash into a giant to take down Qua... to... take me down."

He then moves to clean up the mess in the cargonaut with Bob. Once done, he heads back outside so the crew can once again begin to pick their way through the swamp. He takes up a position with access to the exit hatch, and monitors his radio for any reports of trouble.

Eventually, he overhears Jason on the team channel.

Jason wrote:"Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path. "


More trouble? Leo heads to the control room for a better look at what's happening.

"What is it boss? If it's more o' them giants I'll paste 'em for you."

Jason wrote: "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is"


Leo nods in understanding. "I mean, I usully kill 'em first and figure out what they were later, but that works too." He smiles, but the stress of this trip is causing his hand to tremor, ever so slightly.

Noticing, He puts his hand on his belt, in an effort to diminish the visibility of the tremor.

Jason wrote:"Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions."


"Anyone tried making radio contact? It could be a friendly."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed May 13, 2020 4:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 4
Initiative: 1d20 = 4
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 20 (make the templar’s dinner)


Post -

Jason wrote: Once the team clean up after dealing with the giants, Jason works on breaking down what happened. Communication and coordination. He calls the Templar together for a minute, in the Behemoth, with the hatch sealed so the Professor and his team can't overhear. He speaks calmly and non-judgmentally. "Ok, folks that was fast work dealing with those things, but we can do better. First, Leo, I'm glad to see you are ok and I'm impressed that you were able to drop them that quickly. But, remember that you are a part of a team. We all have radios for a reason. Next time you get into something, radio us first, so we know what is going on. Some of us didn't even know there was a threat until the gigantes was at the cargonaut. As for trying to take the gigantes alive, I am not going to second guess someone's use of lethal force in a combat situation. That being said, we all need to communicate better, speaking as well as listening. I'm as much to blame as anyone for not monitoring the radios and coordinating our efforts. " Jason suggests that they spend some time thinking ways to improve team coordination and discuss it after dinner. He then headed back to the Behemoth cockpit.


Dhaltuun takes a deep breath. ”He is right.” With that simple thought Dhaltuun gives the tiniest nod. He stands once Jason is finished. As he walks back to the galley, he rethinks what happened. ”There are a few things i need to work on. Communication is definitely one of those things. I will look into some more tactical training, then I can be a better leader as well as a team member. I swear to Njord.” Dhaltuun heads for the galley.

Jason wrote:Jason calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout".


Dhaltuun looks at Jessie with a raised eyebrow as he enters the galley. ”You want in? Better than sitting around.” Seeing her face, Dhaltuun smiles ”Thought so.” Hitting the radio ”Dhaltuun here. Jessie volunteers.” He looks at Vladimir. ”I guess i work on some stuff till i am needed. I will do a little research while we wait for action.”


Seeing Sal as he heads for the galley, Dhaltuun takes the verbal lashing with dignity. As sal turns and moves off, ”You are right, my friend. I was just upset and let my emotions run loose. I was wrong, and i vow to work on it.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect. Offering his hand as he raises his head.
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Thu May 14, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed May 13, 2020 9:25 am

**rolls held**

Current Conditions (at end of post):Fly as the Eagle (+ 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack; 80:00 remaining); Invisibility: Superior (12:00 remaining) & Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Leo wrote:Leo nods, chagrinned. "All good. Takes a bit more than a crash into a giant to take down Qua... to... take me down."


Salomón claps Leo on his massive shoulder and smiles. "We'll have to see about repairing that armor of yours when we get to a ley line - *IF* we get to a ley line," he says wistfully.




Later...

Jason Long wrote:"As for trying to take the gigantes alive, I am not going to second guess someone's use of lethal force in a combat situation. That being said, we all need to communicate better, speaking as well as listening. I'm as much to blame as anyone for not monitoring the radios and coordinating our efforts. " [/b]


The High Magus shrugs at Jason's dismissal of his suggestion to use less than lethal force. "You're in charge. My suggestion is only this: we don't have to employ lethal force as a first resort when we could, instead, utilize discretion, subdue threats, and turn them to our advantage." He looks around at the others present. "Does anyone know the ins and outs of this trip? These swamps? The geography? So far as I'm aware, none of us do. Perhaps one of these gigantes do... or did, and we could have used that information. The first two were clearly lethal threats, and tried to take out Leo... self-defense is always justified. But this last one was rummaging around in the back. Think about it."

With that, he politely excuses himself and leaves the room (unless other things need to be discussed).




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Seeing Sal as he heads for the galley, Dhaltuun takes the verbal lashing with dignity. As sal turns and moves off, ”You are right, my friend. I was just upset and let my emotions run loose. I was wrong, and i vow to work on it.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect.


Salomón thougthfully listens to Dhaltuun and takes in what was said. "Don't sweat it, my friend," he says after a moment. "Sometimes, in the heat of battle - or, shortly thereafter, in this case - things are said that don't really reflect the way we feel. It happens... my apologies for my sharp tongue as well, as I am no exception," he tells the Nuhr dwarf, and nods in recognition to Jessie if she is present. He takes Dhaltuun's hand and shakes it heartily.

Now we can be friends again he thinks with a smile of satisfaction.




Shortly after...

Jason Long wrote:
Consumer wrote: In the cockpit, Jason watches the sensors as something big is moving at a decent speed in a northward direction approximately three miles out.


Jason radios the Professor, ""Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path. " Jason calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout". He does a more detailed sensor scan to lock down the target's location, course, and speed. He also checks its course on the map, trying to see where it might have come from and where it is heading to.

As Templar come to the control room, Jason quickly briefs them. "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is" He points at the track on the sensors. "Do not engaged unless it attacks first. Try not to be seen, get close, see what it is, and radio back. If it is non-hostile and can be reasoned with, it may be a source of information for the locating the bunker. We should be getting close soon. If it is a potential threat and you aren't detected, stay hidden and brief us. We will decide the best way to handle it together." Jason considers the range. "I'll mount up in Bonaparte. It is already in range of the 105 if you need fire support. Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions. "


Leo wrote:He smiles, but the stress of this trip is causing his hand to tremor, ever so slightly.

Noticing, He puts his hand on his belt, in an effort to diminish the visibility of the tremor.


Leo's tremors do not go unnoticed by the perceptive High Magus (ooc: unless Consumer rules otherwise, I'm presuming the perception roll discovers Quake's 'quaking' - if this is not correct, ignore this sentence and the next please), but he files it away. Maybe it's a juicer thing... all those drugs must take their toll on the body, and the specialized conversion Leo underwent, even moreso he thinks.

Salomón raises his hand, when he hears Jason's call for a volunteer. "I'll go. My magic can keep me undetected - including by this vehicle's sensors, so you won't see where I am either - and I can fly there with the aid of another spell. I'm not sure how fast it's moving, however - I can only fly at around 50 mph, maximum. Is that fast enough, you think?"

Salomón will ask Jason to show him the UFO's speed, course, and altitude, etc., the Amaki will mentally calculate an intercept course to get an idea of where he needs to go to get a good look at the UFO.

Skill Roll: Mathematics, Advanced (use trigonometry to identify intercept course, assuming constant speed of himself @ 50mph and the UFO's speed) ---> 1d100 = 78/98%

If Jason agrees (and the UFO isn't moving too quickly for Sal to reasonably intercept it at a range where he can get a look at it), the Magus will prepare by casting Fly as the Eagle. He then grabs his rifle, casts Invisibility: Superior upon himself, and - barring any objections or other immediate needs/concerns, says, "I'd ask you all to keep an eye on me, but that won't be possible, I'm afraid... so I will keep in radio contact with you... please have some backup or reinforcements standing by to assist if need be, and for god's sake, make sure I have time to get clear before you unload any ordnance my way," before he disembarks from the Behemoth and flies toward the projected trajectory of the UFO.

Let's hope this goes well... he thinks.

**CONTINGENCY**

IF the UFO is moving too quickly for Sal to reasonably intercept, he will inform Jason and the others, and look to someone else to intercept and investigate (Leo?), and offer to cast the Invisibility: Superior spell on them to cloak them, informing them of the same hazards (undetectable by "friendlies" as well as foes)




Fly as the Eagle
Range: Self or two others by touch or cast upon one to 100 feet) away.
Duration: 20 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Twenty-Five
The power of flight is bestowed upon the spell caster or person it is cast upon. It is especially effective outdoors, and in large, open areas.
Maximum Speed: 50 mph.
Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Bonuses apply only when in flight. The character enchanted by this spell can fly and land as he pleases without intense concentration, and spell casters can cast other spells while flying .


Invisibility: Superior
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: Three minutes (12 melees) per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Twenty
A powerful incantation that makes the spell caster invisible to all means of detection. Ordinary vision, infrared, ultraviolet and other optics, heat, motion detectors, and even an animal's sense of smell, can NOT locate the invisible person. No footprints are made, and little
sound (prowls at 84%). The magic is broken only if the character makes a hostile move, or engages in combat/attacks. At that instant, he becomes completely visible. Note: The invisible character is not ethereal and can not walk through walls; he must still use a door. The act of forcing open a door or window, picking a lock, tapping somebody, accidentally bumping somebody, or accidentally getting shot or hurt, is not considered an act of aggression or combat, so invisibility is maintained.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 19, 2020 3:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 81 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 78
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 64 (make the templar’s dinner)


Post -
Salomón thoughtfully listens to Dhaltuun and takes in what was said. "Don't sweat it, my friend," he says after a moment. "Sometimes, in the heat of battle - or, shortly thereafter, in this case - things are said that don't really reflect the way we feel. It happens... my apologies for my sharp tongue as well, as I am no exception," he tells the Nuhr dwarf, and nods in recognition to Jessie if she is present. He takes Dhaltuun's hand and shakes it heartily.


Dhaltuun smiles as they grasp hands. ”Blessings of Njord upon you, my friend.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect and continues to the galley. ”I hope this meat is ready. I can’t wait to try those recipes.” Upon returning to his “office”, Dhaltuun looks at his Knives, ”I need some new blades. Especially when I carve the dino meat.”

After a few moments, Dhaltuun pulls out his notebook and scribbles down some knife types he would like. ” When we return to Merctown and the farm, I will look into getting some new tools. Cooking, woodworking, as well as some toys and gear for Cat and Marcella.” Closing the notebook ad returning to his vest, Dhaltuun looks at Vladimir. ”Any ideas for meals over the next few days? I feel we should make something special, as that last encounter was a cluster fuck. We took out the giants, but no team communication. We need to learn tactics.” With that, he looks through the recipes he has for ideas while engaging Vladimir in small talk, mostly about cooking.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed May 20, 2020 6:19 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 11:50 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Skills:
Salomón: Mathematics, Advanced (use trigonometry to identify intercept course, assuming constant speed of himself @ 50mph and the UFO's speed): You could likely run into it a few miles north of the convoy's current position.
Jason: Sensory Equipment (getting details of the target): It's largish 40-50' in length, Its not flying very fast 40 mph tops, It's approximately a 100' off the ground. All the other usual visual scanners are out of range. (Which is a dumb set up by Palladium)
Land Navigation (plotting the target's course, where it is going): North, North west, is Jason's best guess, it's final destination is a mystery.
Land Navigation (Where did it come from): Somewhere from the south, without having tracked it for a longer duration, that's all he can surmise.
Dhaltuun: Cooking (make the Templar’s dinner): While I'm not against Dhaltuun making food, considering it isn't even noon, you may consider making Lunch versus Dinner, but sure you can start some hours long dinner project. In the future at least give me a better idea of what you are attempting, or I can't make even an educated guess. Also one roll, multiple attempts for the same concept will be ignored.


In the cockpit Jason, Salomón, and Rufus watch the blip move slowly across the screen. "Anything to be concerned about?" Salomón asks Jason.

Jason quickly radios the Professor's team. ""Hold your position for a minute. I'm tracking something 4.8 klicks ahead, crossing our path." Samantha replies from the professor's team. "Roger, stopping." Jason then calls the rest of the Templar over the PA, "We've got a large moving target ahead of us. I'd like volunteers for a quick scout". Dhaltuun hearing the general call volunteer's Jessie. Sal, Jessie, and Leo arrive to hear Jason gives some orders. "Before getting into another confrontation, we need to see what that is" He points at the track on the sensors. "Do not engaged unless it attacks first. Try not to be seen, get close, see what it is, and radio back. If it is non-hostile and can be reasoned with, it may be a source of information for the locating the bunker. We should be getting close soon. If it is a potential threat and you aren't detected, stay hidden and brief us. We will decide the best way to handle it together." Jason considers the range. "I'll mount up in Bonaparte. It is already in range of the 105 if you need fire support. Considering the terrain and need for stealth, I'd like suggestions. "

Rufus speaks up. "By the time you get Bonaparte out of the cargo bay it'll likely be too late." Leo also adds his two cents. "Anyone tried making radio contact? It could be a friendly."

Sal preps up by casting a few spells, while Jessie just makes her way outside. While Jessie could have just flown off without Sal, she is waiting outside for him to emerge. The two of them make their way east to get a better look at the UFO. A few minutes pass and the duo is about a half mile from the flyer. With a bit of surprise they both can easily tell one thing, It's a Dragon, and while it doesn't seem to notice the two, who knows if it has.

Locations: Jason, Leo, & Rufus are in the cockpit. Dhaltuun & Vladamir are in the Galley, Cat is in Dhaltuun's Quarters, Salomón & Jessie are approximately 3 miles away to the east. Dex & Sarik are in their respective quarters.

What are your intentions!

Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -112 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100,
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Sarik: Wings of Pornbida -1 charge
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Fri May 22, 2020 9:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/49% CRIT success
JIC(100): 1d100 = 97
JIC(20): 1d20 = 17

Current Conditions (at end of post):Fly as the Eagle (+ 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack; 77:00 remaining); Invisibility: Superior (9:00 remaining) & Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)

SKILL ROLL IN POST




Consumer wrote:
Date,Time & Info wrote:Location: Char (Ruins of Charlotte North Carolina): March 19, 111 PA 11:50 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


Leo: "Anyone tried making radio contact? It could be a friendly."


Good idea thinks the High Magus.

He looks to Jason Long, the leader, for a response. Getting none, he decisively takes action instead of waiting around.




Consumer wrote:Sal preps up by casting a few spells, while Jessie just makes her way outside. While Jessie could have just flown off without Sal, she is waiting outside for him to emerge. The two of them make their way east to get a better look at the UFO. A few minutes pass and the duo is about a half mile from the flyer.
With a bit of surprise they both can easily tell one thing, It's a Dragon, and while it doesn't seem to notice the two, who knows if it has.


Woah!

The Amaki strains to make out the features of the draconic shape on front of them, and pauses to pull his binoculars off his chest rig as he puts them up to his eyes.

Skill Roll: Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (identify species and maturity, if possible, of the dragon, as well as recall general traits) ----> 1d100 = 20/68% Success!

He sends a telepathic message to Jessie: Jessie... it's Sal... I apologize for the unannounced intrusion, but I obviously don't want to draw attention unnecessarily from what's in front of us. I can't tell from this distance if it can see us yet.. I suggest we hold our position or move slowly with it so as not to startle it or make it see us as a threat

The High Magus halts his position for a moment to minimize any noise interference from air/wind for radio talk: "Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise," he says into his radio.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Sat May 23, 2020 7:29 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 70

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 6

Salomon wrote:"Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise,"


Concern washes over Leo's face. He looks to Jason. "Sal and Jess should head back this way. If the dragon saw them... better to bring it here where we can all fight, than for us to try to get where they are."

He shrugs, "And if it has no hostility toward us... maybe we give it the opportunity to disengage by falling back."

For his part, Leo leaves the cockpit and heads back o the hatch, prepared to exit the Behemoth on a moment's notice if ordered to, and fight. Again, his hand starts to shake uncontrollably. Not this again... I know it's stressful, a dragon flying overhead... but I swear if my hands don't stop this frakking quaking I'll.... I'll get 'em replaced! He takes his hammer, and holds it as steady as he can - the effort having a slight effect at mitigating the hand tremor.

A Dragon... Leo shakes his head. Dino's are one thing... but an honest-to-goodness Dragon... I never thought I'd ever even see one. He briefly hopes the dragon just... leaves.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Sun May 24, 2020 6:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/ 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 54

Salomón wrote:The High Magus halts his position for a moment to minimize any noise interference from air/wind for radio talk: "Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise," he says into his radio.


Jason takes a minute to let the news soak in. A dragon? There are flying dragons in the world? Shaking his head as if to clear it. Jason considers Leo's advice. He quickly decides that he doesn't know enough about dragons. He responds to the others, keying the radio so Salomon, Jessie, and the Professor can hear as well.

"Good idea, stopping where you are. What is its course and speed? How close will it come to us if it continues? Also, someone tell me about dragons here. Are they sapient, reasoning beings that we can communicate with? Are they territorial? " He releases the mic and turns to Leo. "I know you are worried about Jessie, but if it is hostile, our job is to protect the Professor and his team. We need to keep the dragon away from here and lead it to a battlesite of our choosing if we have to fight it. I'd rather not fight it at all"

While waiting for the others to brief him on dragons, Jason looks over the maps to see if there is a nearby area, possibly a depression, which would make a good battlefield away fom the Behemoth and other vehicles.

((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 61% ))checking the map for features that could be used to block a battlesite from the stopped vehicles.
((Intelligence--91% / 1d100 = 51% ))deciding on a good battlesite
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 pm

**rolls held**

Jason Long wrote:"Good idea, stopping where you are. What is its course and speed? How close will it come to us if it continues? Also, someone tell me about dragons here. Are they sapient, reasoning beings that we can communicate with? Are they territorial? "


"Copy that, holding position. Dragon seems to be headed in a perpendicular direction to us, presently northward. Not expecting an intercept and suggest we give it a wide berth. Dragons tend toward territorial behavior and are fearsome foes. We should try to stay on its good side, if at all possible," says the Amaki into his radio, staying steady in the air and keeping his eyes on the dragon for any cues that it could have noticed them.

We certainly don't want to be on its BAD side... he thinks, eyes warily glued to the dragon so as to not let it out of his sight.

**Contingency**

If the SHTF (Dragon appears to "see" us and/or begins to move in our direction), Sal will telepathically tell Jessie to retreat back to the Behemoth where we can have the strength of numbers if a conflict were to occur, and high-tail it back at maximum speed and radio the other Templar to inform them of the situation. If the Dragon attacks in any manner, Sal will cast Armor of Ithan upon himself while flying back to the Behemoth, and if his AoI is destroyed, he will re-cast it immediately during the flight to keep a perpetual shield from attack up the entire way.




In the event that Sal and Jessie make it back safely and are not pursued, Sal will enter the Behemoth and, after a debrief, or unless otherwise needed, will excuse himself to recharge his P.P.E. and I.S.P. energies via meditation, assuming enough time passes for him to be able to do so.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 56
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post


Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 25 (make the templar’s dinner)
Lore: Demon 79% - 1d100 = 43 - info on dragons
Lore: Faerie 59% - 1d100 = 13 - info on dragons
Lore: Magic - 1d100 = 42 - info on dragons
• **General Knowledge: 69% - 1d100 = 92 - info on dragons

Post -
Dhaltuun keys his radio. "I will see what i can find out.” He looks at Vlad ”Do you know anything about dragons?” He listens to the response. As he listens, he tries to remember anything from his studies. All the while, keeps working on dinner.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 40 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 11:55 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


OOC Comments
Skills: Sal: Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (identify species and maturity, if possible, of the dragon, as well as recall general traits): Looks like an adult Great Horned Dragon. They're widely considered to be the most powerful of the dragon breeds, with magical powers that rival gods.
Jason: Land Navigation (checking the map for features that could be used to block a battlesite from the stopped vehicles.): None that could be reached quickly enough to matter, though Jason is fairly sure that the place they're at is relatively neutral in advantage/disadvantage.
Intelligence (deciding on a good battlesite): As above.
Dhaltuun: Lore: Faerie (info on dragons): Dhaltuun knows a great deal about dragons, but without seeing it, or having any other info other than flying dragon, he cannot make anything but wild guesses.


Near the Dragon
Sal and Jessie

Salomón wrote:The Amaki strains to make out the features of the draconic shape on front of them, and pauses to pull his binoculars off his chest rig as he puts them up to his eyes.

Jessie... it's Sal... I apologize for the unannounced intrusion, but I obviously don't want to draw attention unnecessarily from what's in front of us. I can't tell from this distance if it can see us yet.. I suggest we hold our position or move slowly with it so as not to startle it or make it see us as a threat

The High Magus halts his position for a moment to minimize any noise interference from air/wind for radio talk: "Templar, this is Salomón - we have ourselves a dragon about half a mile ahead of us. So far, it is not reacting to our presence, and we have stopped our approach. Please advise," he says into his radio.


Sal not being able to see Jessie and Jessie not having any psychic abilities what so ever garners the following response. "Yeah, I'm not looking to ride to Valhalla today, maybe we should just head back."



Convoy
Dhaltuun, Jason, Rufus, Leo.

Leo wrote:Concern washes over Leo's face. He looks to Jason. "Sal and Jess should head back this way. If the dragon saw them... better to bring it here where we can all fight, than for us to try to get where they are."

He shrugs, "And if it has no hostility toward us... maybe we give it the opportunity to disengage by falling back."

For his part, Leo leaves the cockpit and heads back o the hatch, prepared to exit the Behemoth on a moment's notice if ordered to, and fight. Again, his hand starts to shake uncontrollably. He takes his hammer, and holds it as steady as he can - the effort having a slight effect at mitigating the hand tremor.



Jason Long wrote:Jason takes a minute to let the news soak in. Shaking his head as if to clear it. Jason considers Leo's advice. He quickly decides that he doesn't know enough about dragons. He responds to the others, keying the radio so Salomon, Jessie, and the Professor can hear as well.

"Good idea, stopping where you are. What is its course and speed? How close will it come to us if it continues? Also, someone tell me about dragons here. Are they sapient, reasoning beings that we can communicate with? Are they territorial? " He releases the mic and turns to Leo. "I know you are worried about Jessie, but if it is hostile, our job is to protect the Professor and his team. We need to keep the dragon away from here and lead it to a battlesite of our choosing if we have to fight it. I'd rather not fight it at all"

While waiting for the others to brief him on dragons, Jason looks over the maps to see if there is a nearby area, possibly a depression, which would make a good battlefield away from the Behemoth and other vehicles.


Rufus looks to Jason. "Yes they're sapient, can communicate if they want to, and usually are very territorial. Likely our best course of action is to just let it pass and not bother it."

The professor's voice crackles over the radio. "I don't think we should bother the Dragon, if it wants to talk, then it'll come to us.

Dhaltuun wrote:Dhaltuun keys his radio. "I will see what I can find out.” He looks at Vlad ”Do you know anything about dragons?” He listens to the response. As he listens, he tries to remember anything from his studies. All the while, keeps working on dinner.


Vlad looks to Dhaltuun with an expression of horror. "Are we being attacked by a dragon? We need to flee then, all they do is kill and eat people." Vladamir says frantically.



In the Swamp
Murdoc

*Blip* a desert landscape and a pack of alien looking herbivores.

*Blip* Now floundering in the sea, salty water washing over his flailing body.

*Blip* A frozen tundra, the sea water on his armor freezing almost instantly.

*Blip* Murdoc finds himself thigh deep in swampy muck. A thick fog distorts his vision over a distance of ten feet, though he is sure he can see the shadows of trees al around him. A light rain falls from the sky. Murdoc is hopeful that the trap finally has worn off, as by his estimate he's been skipping all over the place for the past several hours, and finds himself both hungry and thirsty at the very least. Another few moments pass, and no scenery change.



Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -112 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100,
Dexter: -10 P.P.E.
Sarik: Wings of Pornbida -1 charge
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 78
JIC(20): 1d20 = 11

Current Conditions (at end of post): Current Conditions (at end of post):Fly as the Eagle (+ 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack; 72:00 remaining); Invisibility: Superior (4:00 remaining) & Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Consumer wrote:
Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 40 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 11:55 AM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Light Rain and fog.


OOC Comments
Skills: Sal: Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (identify species and maturity, if possible, of the dragon, as well as recall general traits): Looks like an adult Great Horned Dragon. They're widely considered to be the most powerful of the dragon breeds, with magical powers that rival gods.


Near the Dragon
Sal and Jessie

Jessie wrote:"Yeah, I'm not looking to ride to Valhalla today, maybe we should just head back."


The High Magus nods at Jessie's comment, and returns to the Behemoth just in time for his Invisibility: Superior spell to wear off.

He enters the Behemoth and takes off his helmet. Anyone who sees his face can see he's a bit wild-eyed. "Whew... definitely don't wanna tangle with that one... it's an adult Great Horned! Pinche Godzilla!" he exclaims while shaking his head.

"Recommend we steer clear of it and give it a wide berth, Mr. Long," he says to the leader.

I need to recharge my energies... already feeling some drain and we have the rest of the journey ahead of us... I wonder how far away we are now? No matter, it is not as if I am unreachable... he thinks.




**Contingency**

If the SHTF (Dragon appears to "see" us and/or begins to move in our direction), Sal will high-tail it back at maximum speed and radio the other Templar to inform them of the situation. If the Dragon attacks in any manner, Sal will cast Armor of Ithan upon himself while flying back to the Behemoth, and if his AoI is destroyed, he will re-cast it immediately during the flight to keep a perpetual shield from attack up the entire way.

In the event that Sal and Jessie make it back safely and are not pursued: Feeling the relief wash over him as the Templar existential threat seems to have passed - for now - Salomón tells the group he is going to meditate for a while to restore his spent energies, and will proceed to go to his quarters, unless needed for something else. He will still leave his radio on in case he is needed.

(OOC: Sal intends to meditate to full P.P.E. and I.S.P., which should take 8 hours of time)
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Murdoc » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:06 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 20

Radio: Basic 95%: 1d100 = 57 (pick up/find local chatter)

Conditions: Thermo vision 2000'

Murdoc is crouching down behind some bushes as he looks down at the New Settlement west of Merctown that he was hired to scout out. Hearing something he turns to his right, then a weird feeling hits him in the stomach and ...

*Blip* a desert landscape and a pack of alien looking herbivores.


He furrows his brows as he stands and turns a full circle, "What the frak was that?" He says to no one when the feeling grabs his stomach again and...

*Blip* Now floundering in the sea, salty water washing over his flailing body.


The splash threw him off as there was suddenly no ground underneath him. The water closes around his helmet as his PA drags him down before he knows whats going on. He raises his arms to start swimming when the weird feeling grabs him again, "Mother F..."

*Blip* A frozen tundra, the sea water on his armor freezing almost instantly.


"...ucker." he finishes as he lands on his ass with a splash of salt water. Getting to his feet again, he sees the water freezing to his PA. At least the suit will protect me, for a while. He sighs as the feeling grabs him yet again and he just waits...

*Blip* Murdoc finds himself thigh deep in swampy muck. A thick fog distorts his vision over a distance of ten feet, though he is sure he can see the shadows of trees al around him. A light rain falls from the sky. Murdoc is hopeful that the trap finally has worn off, as by his estimate he's been skipping all over the place for the past several hours, and finds himself both hungry and thirsty at the very least. Another few moments pass, and no scenery change.


Murdoc stands frozen as he waits for the feeling to grab him again. His eyes dart around taking in what there is to see. Ice melting quickly off his PA. Swamp muck and mire. Fog. Rain. Trees? As time stretches out he starts to pivot his head around and sees more of the same. Slowly he turns, trying to get an idea of where he is but all he knows is he's not where he should be.

Taking a deep breath, Murdoc clicks on his radio and starts cycling through the frequencies to see if he can pick up any local chatter. As the radio cycles he switches his vision over to thermo hoping it will show him more than this fog. Unless he spots something that tells him he should go another way, he gets a read off his compass and heads north. His stomach grumbles at his as he wades through the mire, As soon as I find dry land I'll break out my rations. Hopefully that'll be soon.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 81

As the Behemoth lumbers along, Rufus keeps his senses peeled for ley line and magical activity in the area. Until we get some sort of arcane radar installed, looks like it's going to have to be me.

Magic Sensing Rolls
Sense Ley Line: 60 miles (96.6 km). Can follow the feeling to the location of the ley line. 1d100 = 46/62%
Sense Ley Line Nexus: Can follow ley line to as many nexus points as it may have. 1d100 = 63/72%
Sense a Rift: Anywhere within 100 miles (160.9 km) of him.
Sense Magic in Use: Up to 600’ (182.9 m) away.
See Magic Energy. Range: 1,000' (305 m)


Salomón wrote:He enters the Behemoth and takes off his helmet. Anyone who sees his face can see he's a bit wild-eyed. "Whew... definitely don't wanna tangle with that one... it's an adult Great Horned! Pinche Godzilla!" he exclaims while shaking his head.

"Recommend we steer clear of it and give it a wide berth, Mr. Long," he says to the leader.


"A Great Horned, you say?" Rufus' ears prick up at the news. Turning to Jason he adds, "Great Horneds are arguably the most powerful of the bunch. I've heard rumors that Plato in charge of Lazlo's Council of Learning is a Great Horned, but I don't know him well enough to say for sure. They'e also known for being all over the moral compass." He points out the window. "That one could come visit for tea and cookies, or it could decide the Behemoth is like a lobster and tries to crack the shell to dig out the sweet treats inside. I'm with Sal and the Professor on this one -- let's sit tight until he's well on his way. Just in case he's the latter type."

If Jason agrees, he'll get on the radio. "Professor, we're sitting tight and letting Mister Scaly Butt continue on his merry way. Hopefully he's on a tight schedule and has no time for lollygaggin'."

Radio: Basic 1d100 = 39/77%
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 3

Salomón wrote:The High Magus nods at Jessie, and returns to the Behemoth just in time for his Invisibility: Superior spell to wear off.

He enters the Behemoth and takes off his helmet. Anyone who sees his face can see he's a bit wild-eyed. "Whew... definitely don't wanna tangle with that one... it's an adult Great Horned! Pinche Godzilla!" he exclaims while shaking his head.

"Recommend we steer clear of it and give it a wide berth, Mr. Long," he says to the leader.


A great horned dragon, and it has Sal nervous. Not a good sign

Rufus wrote:"A Great Horned, you say?" Rufus' ears prick up at the news. Turning to Jason he adds, "Great Horneds are arguably the most powerful of the bunch. I've heard rumors that Plato in charge of Lazlo's Council of Learning is a Great Horned, but I don't know him well enough to say for sure. They'e also known for being all over the moral compass." He points out the window. "That one could come visit for tea and cookies, or it could decide the Behemoth is like a lobster and tries to crack the shell to dig out the sweet treats inside. I'm with Sal and the Professor on this one -- let's sit tight until he's well on his way. Just in case he's the latter type."


Even better....

"Ok people. It sounds like we really don't want to engage this thing. No, I repeat No hostile action unless it attacks first. If it goes on by, great. We will track its course and make note for the trip back. If it decides to stop by, assume that we are in its territory. It is king here and we are accidental trespassers. Be polite and respectful. " His eyes dart to Rufus "No smart ass comments to Godzilla." He considers for a moment. "In case it does stop in for a visit, does anyone speak a language it may understand?"

Jason okays Rufus to update the Professor.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:44 am

((Rolls held over))

Jason Long wrote:"Ok people. It sounds like we really don't want to engage this thing. No, I repeat No hostile action unless it attacks first. If it goes on by, great. We will track its course and make note for the trip back. If it decides to stop by, assume that we are in its territory. It is king here and we are accidental trespassers. Be polite and respectful. " His eyes dart to Rufus "No smart ass comments to Godzilla." He considers for a moment. "In case it does stop in for a visit, does anyone speak a language it may understand?"


Rufus gives Jason an almost hurt 'who, me?' expression as he's radioing the Professor. Wolvenar's whiskers -- do it one time and nobody lets you forget.

Once he clicks off the mic he sings out loud to nobody in particular, "O na, maen nhw'n dweud ei fod wedi mynd! Ewch, ewch, Godzilla! O na, mae yna Tokyo! Ewch, ewch, Godzilla!"
Translation
Oh no, they say he's gotta go! Go, go, Godzilla! Oh no, there goes Tokyo! Go, go, Godzilla!


He gives Jason a sideways glance. "It's called 'Dragonese.' Most of them speak it. But I can hit you with a translation spell if you get to feeling too left out..." he adds with a smirk.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:40 am

**rolls held**

Jason Long wrote:"Ok people. It sounds like we really don't want to engage this thing. No, I repeat No hostile action unless it attacks first. If it goes on by, great. We will track its course and make note for the trip back. If it decides to stop by, assume that we are in its territory. It is king here and we are accidental trespassers. Be polite and respectful. " His eyes dart to Rufus "No smart ass comments to Godzilla." He considers for a moment. "In case it does stop in for a visit, does anyone speak a language it may understand?"


The High Magus raises his hand to indicate he can speak Dragonese as well. "Dragonese is considered a common magic language, of sorts... which may imply something about the level of power all dragons possess, but especially adults of any species, much less a Great Horned. With luck, and us being careful, we'll pass unnoticed," he says before taking his leave to recharge his energies.

If it does come to engage with us, we'll be, more or less, at its mercy anyhow... he thinks, shuddering at what could come to pass if the Templar were to engage an adult Great Horned dragon in combat.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:08 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 24

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 26

Leo waits by the hatch to the exterior of the Behemoth, his hand shaking steadily as he hefts his hammer, but his nerves keen.

Rufus wrote:"Professor, we're sitting tight and letting Mister Scaly Butt continue on his merry way. Hopefully he's on a tight schedule and has no time for lollygaggin'."


Leo nods. Good idea. never fight a dragon if you don't have to.

In his mind, though, he remembers once not having the choice.

The massive Titan juicer waited by the door, hefting his hammer in his shaking hands. Chained to him were four other individuals - tow on the left, two on the right - with but 5' of chain between each person's waist. From his peripheral vision he saw the others side-eyeing him, looking at his shaking hands.

He knew what they called him in the dark. He just didn't expect to be called it to his face.

"Don't wet yerself, Quake said the voice on his far left - a Larmac slave named Ruger. The other slaves chuckled.

Leo sighed, but before he had a chance to reply, the heavy doors rumbled slowly open - a thin sliver of bright light before then expanding to a view of the arena - a wide- open gravelly field surrounded by forcefields, and, beyond them, bleacher filled with bloodthirsty dbees of every stripe, howling for death.

At the other end, an Opaque dome of force obscured the chained slaves from their foe. They entered the arena, prodded by the powerlord behind them and his cracklin energy whip, and the heavy door rumbled closed. Suddenly, the opaque dome opposite them popped out of existence. Inside, a snarling dragon.

It took to the air - bound to the arena by the forcefield dome overhead and by a long electro-leash, making for their position. The slaves tried to scatter, but without coordination the only yanked on their chains and fell. The Dragon swooped in. Time seemed to dilate, as Leo saw the details of the fearsome creature. One of its arms hung limply in the air, motionless and withered. The skin of its wings scarred, with a gaping hole in one still unhealed. It's eyes were white and rheumy. Its horns, once grand, cracked and broken. This suffering creature had been captured, and made a mockery of, probably in an effort to repay some political slight the dragons had inflicted on a powerlord, and now, these slaves were given to it to provide the crowd a show.

Leo felt sympathy for the dragon - he too had been enslaved to provide sport for others. But he would not die at in an arena, with a crowd - he had sworn to himself.

He began to call out simple instructions - Left! Right! Duck! and so on, in order to coordinate the movement of the slaves. As the slave on the far right was killed, the team began to move more easily - the slowest member gone. The middle slave on the left - standing right next to Leo, was incinerated by flame. Now there were three. Leo led the charge, and called LEAP! when they got close. The two on the sides lept on either side of the dragon's head while Leo slid underneath. The chains wrapped around its throat, and Leo had grabbed the chains of his two companions as the swung back underneath the beast's neck, and shouted "Pull!" Together, the three of them pulled. Leo noted the audience was silent as the grave. The dragon, unable to both stay upright and claw at the attackers, fell to the ground, his back legs pinwheeling helplessly, tail lashing at thin air.

After 20 long minutes, the dragon stopped moving. All three combatants burned, broken, and torn, extricated themselves. The silent crowd no longer amused. The three of them made their way back to the slave pens. Taking one last look over his shoulder as the massive doors rumbled shut again, he saw the dragon slowly regaining consciousness, and wondered what would be next.


Jason wrote: "In case it does stop in for a visit, does anyone speak a language it may understand?"


Leo speaks up. "I speak some dragonese too. Hopefully better than I fly a jetpack."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 71
Initiative: 1d20 = 4
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post
Sense Rifts
Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 55 miles
will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 15 (make the templar’s dinner)
Lore: Demon 79% - 1d100 = 50 - info on dragons
Lore: Faerie 59% - 1d100 = 32 - info on dragons
Lore: Magic -
• **General Knowledge: 69% - 1d100 = 36 - info on dragons

Post -
The Professor wrote:The professor's voice crackles over the radio. "I don't think we should bother the Dragon, if it wants to talk, then it'll come to us."



Vladamir wrote:Vlad looks to Dhaltuun with an expression of horror. "Are we being attacked by a dragon? We need to flee then, all they do is kill and eat people." Vladamir says frantically.


"It is just flying. We are fine.” He looks around the galley. ’But just to be safe, why don't you stay here?” He gets to his feet to go see if he can help. He enters the room in time to hear Jason speak.

Jason wrote:"A Great Horned, you say?" Rufus' ears prick up at the news. Turning to Jason he adds, "Great Horneds are arguably the most powerful of the bunch. I've heard rumors that Plato in charge of Lazlo's Council of Learning is a Great Horned, but I don't know him well enough to say for sure. They'e also known for being all over the moral compass." He points out the window. "That one could come visit for tea and cookies, or it could decide the Behemoth is like a lobster and tries to crack the shell to dig out the sweet treats inside. I'm with Sal and the Professor on this one -- let's sit tight until he's well on his way. Just in case he's the latter type."

"Ok people. It sounds like we really don't want to engage this thing. No, I repeat No hostile action unless it attacks first. If it goes on by, great. We will track its course and make note for the trip back. If it decides to stop by, assume that we are in its territory. It is king here and we are accidental trespassers. Be polite and respectful. " His eyes dart to Rufus "No smart ass comments to Godzilla." He considers for a moment. "In case it does stop in for a visit, does anyone speak a language it may understand?"


Dhaltuun takes a breath in preparation to reply when he hears Rufus and all that comes out is a loud guffaw. ”Well said, my fuzzy friend.” He gathers his breath and replies to Jason. ”I, also, speak dragonese as well as the tongue of demons. I can cast a translation spell if need as well.’
He looks around and is pleasantly shocked to see so many of his team are able to speak Dragonese. ”Njord has blessed me with a proud, intelligent, yet young group. In time this will be a force to be reckoned with.” He looks on with pride as his team makes plans.

GM Note: Things highlighted in red do not happen, because Dhaltuun doesn't sense anything, as my answer was in the Hangouts Chat. Also I fixed all of your formatting issues, because they annoy me. ~Consumer - Therefore removed
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:03 am

**rolls held**




Leo wrote:Leo speaks up. "I speak some dragonese too. Hopefully better than I fly a jetpack."


The High Magus breaks out into a wide grin. "There's always the Fly as the Eagle spell, my friend. You sure you don't that in a Talisman tomorrow?" he says with a sly wink at Leo.

Leo is too hard on himself. Then again, I suppose if I knew I only had a few years to live, I would want to make the most of it as well... he thinks to himself.

When he sees Dhaltuun come in, he will say, "Hey Dhal, good to see you. Not sure if you heard or not... our Valkyrie friend here and I just saw an adult Great Horned Dragon a bit too close for comfort. It's flying a few miles ahead of us." He turns to Jessie (ooc: I presume she came back with him, and is now visible in the same room/area)

"Glad we didn't go to Valhalla..." he quips with a smile at the Valkyrie, before taking a deep breath and letting the group know of his intent to return to his quarters to meditate/recharge.

Sal will, of course, keep his radio with him in case he needs to be reached personally.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 80 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 2:55 PM. (3 hours have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Heavy Rain and 20 mph winds.


OOC Comments
Skills: Rufus: Radio: Basic: Message gets through fine.
Dhaltuun: Lore: Faerie (info on dragons): Great Horned dragons are considered the most powerful of dragons, and adult ones are not to be trifled with.


Near the Dragon
Sal and Jessie

After a bit of back and forth between the convoy and Sal and Jessie, it is decided to just let the dragon be, and head back. The dragon for his part seems to either not notice or is not the least interested in things nearby as it keeps flying generally north and after a short while is out of visual range with the weather being crappy as it is. So much so that the rain actually picks up along with the wind. this does seem to disperse the fog, but doesn't make visibility any better. Seems like a storm is coming.



Convoy
Dhaltuun, Jason, Rufus, Leo.

After some discussion with the Professor, and the scouts, the decision to leave the dragon be is made, and Sal and Jessie make their way back, it only takes them a few minutes all told. Once back, Sal makes for his room to meditate, while Jessie makes for the dining area/lounge taking a seat and watching the rain splatter on the observation dome. In the cockpit Jason and the Professor's team update each other on what is going on, and after about ten or so more minutes, the convoy continues on as if nothing else happened. GM Note; There is pretty regular conversation from the other vehicles, but it is all rather banal so I don't actually write it, unless it's important. So feel free to assume you know what the other vehicles are up to. ~Consumer

All in all the next few hours are uneventful save the rain is now near torrential, which isn't too big of a deal for the vehicles involved. The behemoth trodges along as does the heavy treads of the Pathmaker. The two hover cargonauts float slowly behind the Pathmaker.



In the Swamp
Murdoc

Murdoc alone in the swamp is reasonably cautious and begins to take in his surroundings, while checking the radio. At the beginning he doesn't get anything but static. Soon not only does the rain pick up, so does the rain, forcing the mercenary to find something resembling cover, which so happens to be a couple of enormous dead trees, that have fallen in such a manner to provide shelter of sorts, the ground underneath them is even a bit on the drier side than the thigh deep water Murdoc has been trudging through. A few hours pass, when Murdoc's radio scan picks up some garbled chatter, it's faint, likely distorted by the terrain and the weather.



Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -112 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Perception# 1d100 = 95 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 92

As he watches the dragon's signal on the radar, Jason watches its track, plotting it carefully until it lands or leaves radar range. Well, that was interesting, from the way the others reacted, we just dodged a bit bullet. I'd love to meet someone that powerful, but not when protecting civilians.. If the dragon appears to land, Jason marks the location on his charts.

Once the immediate danger has passed and the expedition is back on the march, Jason checks in with Rufus " Rufus, how large would this dragon's territory be? Is there any benefit to the Templar in returning some day to try and make contact with it? Or is that idea just madness?"

((Sensory Equipment—77% 1d100 = 30 ))tracking the dragon
((Land Navigation--87% 1d100 = 12 ))plotting the dragon's course and last location
((Land Navigation--87% 1d100 = 91 )) keeping the expedition on course
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:51 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 5

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 45

Salomón wrote:"There's always the Fly as the Eagle spell, my friend. You sure you don't that in a Talisman tomorrow?"


Leo smiles. "If that'll make me not crash into trees and giants and shit, then hell yes I would. In fact, lemme just issue a carte blanche to you to cast any spells on me you think I can use at any given time."

As the behemoth continues to trek though the wilderness, Leo makes for a public area - the lounge or something like it - to watch the heavy rainfall. He keeps his radio channel open, listening for any orders or trouble, his mind on the banal chatter between vehicles. Jokes about driving such big vehicles, information about the path ahead, such as downed trees or culverts to go around, and general chatter. This reminds me of how the gladiators would talk in the slave pits. Not about who would be likely to fight and kill the other the next day. Just everyday talk to fill the silence.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Murdoc » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:20 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 5

Radio: Basic 95%: 1d100 = 17 (fine tune the local chatter)

Conditions: Thermo vision 2000'

Encouraged by the garbled chatter coming in over his radio, Murdoc tries to narrow it down to the frequency it is coming in over and keys up for an unscrambled outgoing message. "This is Murdoc of Merctown, come in? over." He pauses for a moment before repeating the radio call.

As he waits for a radio reply, Murdoc looks over his makeshift shelter. This really isn't that bad but I should shore up the roof and at least one side, if I need to stay here longer than a few hours. He stays on his feet, not wanting to sit down and doze off, as he pops his facemask/helmet open/off and starts to eat the ration pack, hoping its enough to quell the empty felling in his stomach.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:27 am

Mini-Mini Update

Murdoc wrote:"This is Murdoc of Merctown, come in? over."


It comes in a bit static filled and a bit faint, but it's still rather clear, over the radio in the Behemoth Explorer.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 9
JIC(20): 1d20 = 6

Current Conditions (at end of post): Current Conditions (at end of post): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




The Amaki retreats to his room where he can prepare for the big day tomorrow - the Vernal Equinox is at hand! Finally, I can put some of my talents to good use! thinks the High Magus with a smile.

He will take out the various items they acquired at Char for the upcoming rituals and lay them out, check - and organize - his notes about who-wants-what-Talismans-and-Amulets, and then meditate to restore his PPE and ISP to full levels.

Unless disturbed, Sal will keep to himself while he does this to enable him to have his full capacity for magic and psionics at the Templar's disposal for the big day tomorrow.

We should be able to reach this mysterious bunker and/or cross a ley line at some point tomorrow... he thinks. And, I still need to find that Witches Eye plant to return to the Collegiate...

During a short break (5 min) in meditation, the Stone-Man will seek out Dhaltuun. "Hello Dhaltuun... do you happen to know if that Witches Eye plant might be known to be in the vicinity of our destination?" he asks the Nuhr Dwarf when he finds him.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33 / 68%
JIC: 1d10 = 6 / 1d100 = 41

Piloting the Behemoth, Jason hears,
Murdoc wrote: "This is Murdoc of Merctown, come in? over."
over the radio.

Well now, what have we here... Jason wasn't expecting any contacts this far out from marked towns, they aren't on a trade route or any marked paths, so raiders are less likely, no regular prey. He decides to let the rest of the team to the potential guest. He alerts the rest of the Behemoth. "We have a radio contact."

Jason then responds to Murdoc's signal. "This is the Templar to Murdoc, we read you. over." Jason will try to get a bearing on the signal.

((Radio: Basic--107% / 1d100 = 82% )) fine tuning Murdoc's signal
((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 54% ) tracking the signal
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 38

Conditions:
- Going to assume there are no ley lines/nexus points/magic energy/etc within his sensing range

Jason Long wrote:"Rufus, how large would this dragon's territory be? Is there any benefit to the Templar in returning some day to try and make contact with it? Or is that idea just madness?"


Skill Checks to Answer Jason's Questions
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 83/77%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 83/77% (2nd attempt)
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 76/67%
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic -- 1d100 = 31/67% (2nd attempt)
Mythology -- 1d100 = 2/57%


Rufus scratches his ear. "Well assuming he's not a city dweller, then his territory is going to basically be centered around his lair and go about 50 or so miles out. If you're another dragon, though, you'll want to stay about that far again away from his territory. From what I've been told they don't really care for each other for the most part."

"As for the other, well... I guess it depends on where a particular dragon's moral compass points. Most of them enjoy being buttered up but out here if a group of crunchy mortals show up wanting to get chummy with a dragon he's likely to assume we're just after his treasure horde. I'd recommend not seeking him out deliberately but be ready to be friendly if our paths cross again." In other words, yeah it's madness. At least until we know it better. But then again, how does one really 'get to know' a dragon?

Murdoc wrote:"This is Murdoc of Merctown, come in? over."

Jason Long wrote:"This is the Templar to Murdoc, we read you. over."


Rufus' ears perk up at the radio noise. "Did he say 'Merctown' just now?" He glances over to Jason. "We're an awfully far ways out for someone to have just wandered off from Merctown. What do you reckon he's doing out here?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Murdoc » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 92 1d20 = 11

Finishing off the last bits of the ration pack when the radio reply comes in, Murdoc sighs and grins, Frak yeah, lets see if these Templar know... He keys the radio and says, "Wait. The Templar outta Merctown?" Huh, I wasn't actually thinking that I was still on Earth. Though I guess I still might not be. He continues on the radio, "Well, that is good news. I was out scouting and hit some kind of D-trap. Got shifted about some. Do you mind telling me exactly where I am?"

He slips his helmet back on, thinking, If this goes okay, I may not need to make a home in the swamp. I wonder if they'll let me tag along back to Merctown.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 37

JIC: 1d20 = 10
1d100 = 20

As Leo sits and watches the rain in silence, sitting near Jessie but not conversing, he listens to the radio chatter for something to do. Suddenly, he hears:

Murdoc wrote:"This is Murdoc of Merctown, come in? over."


"Th'hell?" Leo bolts upright, listening to his radio.

Jason wrote:"This is the Templar to Murdoc, we read you. over."


Leo rushes back to the Behemoth's cockpit.

Murdoc wrote:"Wait. The Templar outta Merctown? Well, that is good news. I was out scouting and hit some kind of D-trap. Got shifted about some. Do you mind telling me exactly where I am?"


Leo turns to Jason. "Could be a trap, but it seems legit to me. If he's lost and alone in this swamp he ain't gonna last long. We just saw a dragon, for starters."

"Can we ping him on sensors?" Leo is about to suggest they stop the caravan and go look for him, but, The Professor's already tetchy about the time, and we did just see a Dragon... dunno if I wanna tempt fate THAT much... but if he's nearby there's no harm in picking him up.

To Jason, he says, "Let's at least see if he's nearby."

Leo gets on the Radio "This is Leo, with the Templars. You're in Dino Swamp. Any landmarks around you can see, other than tree cover? Or listen - can you hear vehicles?"
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Murdoc » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm

[rolls held]


Murdoc furrows his brows, Dino Swamp? Not really sure I know where that is. Must still be on Earth though. hehe Or at least back on Earth. After his pause to think a moment, Murdoc replies, "Still on Earth. I guess that's a good thing." He chuckles a bit over the radio, "Well, aside from trees, fog and rain, I don't see much. Can't hear much other than the rain either. I'd say we're inside of a hundred miles of each other. Cuz that's pretty much the range on my radio. Likely closer given the weather. "

Murdoc pops his helmet again and takes a good long listen, putting his bionic ears to the test. "If this rain lightens up, i can get a good boosted jump in my PA and take a better look around. But don't go popping any flares on my account. The devil only knows what lurking around out here. Best if I'm the one to expose myself." He chuckles again, "Sorry. Couldn't help the pun. I'll see if I can get some elevation and find a landmark."

Murdoc scans the area looking for a large tree that's taller than the other and might break through the tree canopy.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 16
Initiative: 1d20 = 4
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 116 at end of post

Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 56 (gets cuts of meat from dino meat)
Land Navigation 56% - 1d100 = 19 figure search area
Wilderness Survival 69% - 1d100 = 49 figure search area

Post -

Sal wrote:During a short break (5 min) in meditation, the Stone-Man will seek out Dhaltuun. "Hello Dhaltuun... do you happen to know if that Witches Eye plant might be known to be in the vicinity of our destination?" he asks the Nuhr Dwarf when he finds him.


Dhaltuun is covered, up to the elbow, in blood from the meat he is working on. As he hears Sal approach, he wipes his brow with his forearm. When he turns to face Sal, there is a smear of blood across Dhal’s forehead. ’Oh! Sorry, I was working. I haven't heard or seen anything. Let me see if i get someone on that right away.”

He slams his hatchet into a cutting board and turns to Vlad. ”Vlad. Do you know this plant? You think you do? Awesome. I need you to go and see if you can find any. Take Cat with you, just in case.” He gives a whistle. A second later, Cat stands up from the other side of the counter. ”Sorry, buddy. I didn't see you there.” Dhaltuun walks over and gently grips Cat’s chin in his palm. Looking into Cat’s eyes, ”I need you to go with Vlad. I have sent him on a search for a plant. You will help as much as you can, and be his guard. Protect your little brother. You got it?”[]b] Dhaltuun looks into Cat’s eyes for a long moment. With a nod, he stands. [b]”Now get out of here. The both of you. Good luck, and Njord’s blessings.’ As they prepare, Dhaltuun quickly casts Armor of ithan on both of his minions. “Njord protect my Friends.”


((https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... r&usqp=CAU))

As the two Minions head out, Dhaltuun hears the radio chatter. Wiping his hands, he picks up his radio to listen better.

Dhaltuun listens as he cleans his knives and tools. ’Maybe i should Marcella out as well. Eyes in the sky. Yes, I will send Marcella and Jessie out on a search. Just need to find a better location to search.” He puts away his cooking stuff and puts his computer on the galley table. Opening it, he powers up the map program. Using his limited knowledge, he tries to follow the shown route where the team is. Finding that, he uses his finger to draw an imaginary circle with Marcella's flying range as well as the radio range of 100 mi as the outer edge of the search area. ”Still too big. *snaps fingers* He said boosted jump. I will have them look for a bouncing suit of power armor.” He gets up, clips his radio on, and heads to his room.

As he walks, he keys his radio. ”Dhaltuun here. I will have Jessie and Marcella fly a search for a bouncing PA. 100 miles is still a large area to search even with flyers. We will do what we can. Cat and Vlad are already out looking for something at my request. I am sure they will let me know if they come across our guest.” That said, he moves to fins Jessie. After a moment, he uses the radio [b]”Jessie. Take Marcella an fly a search of the area. We are looking for a jumping PA. Problem is he is somewhere within 100 mils of us. I assume he is closer, but be prepared.”[b/] He nods. Confident his minions will do their jobs. As he strips for the shower, ”Marcella. Fly with Jessie and look for a mystery guest. He said he will jump about and try to find an elevated position. Go see what you can find.” With that, he rests his radio on the sink, and grabs a shower.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:35 am

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 80 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 3:00 PM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Heavy Rain, thunder/lightning, and 20 mph winds.


Skills
Jason: Sensory Equipment (tracking the dragon): Easily done for several miles, then the weather mucks up the signal and it's hard to tell what is what anymore.
Land Navigation (plotting the dragon's course and last location): Heading north, that's all you're gonna get, as it's existence was unknown to the group 3 hours ago.
Land Navigation (keeping the expedition on course): Seems to be, but given the vagueness of the destination, there is a wide margin for error.
Radio: Basic (fine tuning Murdoc's signal): Clears up the radio for the most part, nothing to be done with the atmospherics
Electronic Countermeasures (tracking the signal): to the east of you, distance is unknown.
Murdoc: Radio: Basic (fine tune the local chatter): Clears up the radio for the most part, nothing to be done with the atmospherics.
Rufus: Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic: Rufus is unsure how big of a area the Dragon claims, it varies wildly on information he doesn't have. the second question is purely opinion, and Rufus' book learning doesn't cover that.
Dhaltuun: Cooking (gets cuts of meat from dino meat): I'm pretty sure this is already done, and the meat you're working with is currently in a highly acidic brineing solution to make it edible for humanoids. But, I'll allow it.



At the Behemoth
Jason, Rufus, Leo: In the cockpit, Dhaltuun, Vladamir, and Sal; In the galley. Jessie; In the dinning area, Cat; In Dhaltuun's Quarters.

Cockpit
After some fiddling with the radio, the two parties get the signal about as clear as it's going to get, but the oncoming storm is throwing it's own distortions. The group discusses how they may find Murdoc.

Galley
In the Galley, Sal asks Dhaltuun about the plant he's seeking. Dhaltuun has never heard of such a plant, but decides to ask his minion Vladamir if he has. Vlad nods slowly. "It's a rare plant for sure, grows near where the ocean and the swamp meet, something about the salinity of the water." When Dhaltuun begins to order Vladamir to go and look for the plant. "Uh, that's likely not a good idea on a bunch of levels sir. One the Behemoth is still moving, so getting off will be dangerous. Two, we're not near the ocean, so I'd have to hike something like a hundred miles in the direction we're going in to find it, Third don't you hear the thunderstorm rolling in, I don't think going out there is a good idea. Now from what I've overheard, you guys will likely be stopping in an area that seems a good spot to look for it, so why not wait till then." The Hearth Spirit says in a slightly accented voice.

GM Note: Dhaltuun cannot hear what is going on in the cockpit, so I'll ignore that part of the post.

In the Swamp.
Murdoc

Murdoc fixes his radio as best he can, but the weather isn't helping. He discusses with the Templar a course of action to find him. For his part, Murdoc looks about for a large tree, but doesn't seem to find any that fit the bill, as all the ones around are between thirty and fifty feet tall.



Butcher's Bill:
Leo: Armor Titan Plate (Main Body): 156/195 M.D.C.
Salomón: -112 P.P.E., -4 I.S.P.
Dhaltuun: -20 P.P.E.
Jessie: Magic Chainmail 90/100
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87/49%
JIC(100): 1d20 = 13
JIC(20): 1d100 = 23

Current Conditions (at end of post): Current Conditions (at end of post): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Dhaltuun is covered, up to the elbow, in blood from the meat he is working on. As he hears Sal approach, he wipes his brow with his forearm. When he turns to face Sal, there is a smear of blood across Dhal’s forehead. ’Oh! Sorry, I was working. I haven't heard or seen anything. Let me see if i get someone on that right away.”


"No worries my friend. I know you mentioned that it was in this direction; just checking to see if it would be in the vicinity," he says to the Shifter.

Dhaltuun wrote:He slams his hatchet into a cutting board and turns to Vlad. ”Vlad. Do you know this plant? You think you do? Awesome. I need you to go and see if you can find any. Take Cat with you, just in case.” He gives a whistle. A second later, Cat stands up from the other side of the counter. ”Sorry, buddy. I didn't see you there.” Dhaltuun walks over and gently grips Cat’s chin in his palm. Looking into Cat’s eyes, ”I need you to go with Vlad. I have sent him on a search for a plant. You will help as much as you can, and be his guard. Protect your little brother. You got it?”[]b] Dhaltuun looks into Cat’s eyes for a long moment. With a nod, he stands. [b]”Now get out of here. The both of you. Good luck, and Njord’s blessings.’ As they prepare, Dhaltuun quickly casts Armor of ithan on both of his minions. “Njord protect my Friends.”


Sal can hardly believe his ears as he hears Dhaltuun issue orders. Does he not realize we're in motion and how the weather impacts visibility right now? he thinks. I only asked if he knew the plant would be in the vicinity of our destination... not for him to send a search party after it... thinks the Amaki as he watches the chaos unfold in front of him with a quizzical and puzzled look on his face.

He almost intercedes to say something, but:
Vlad wrote:When Dhaltuun begins to order Vladamir to go and look for the plant. "Uh, that's likely not a good idea on a bunch of levels sir. One the Behemoth is still moving, so getting off will be dangerous. Two, we're not near the ocean, so I'd have to hike something like a hundred miles in the direction we're going in to find it, Third don't you hear the thunderstorm rolling in, I don't think going out there is a good idea. Now from what I've overheard, you guys will likely be stopping in an area that seems a good spot to look for it, so why not wait till then." The Hearth Spirit says in a slightly accented voice.


That one, it seems, has some sense thinks the Amaki as he nods in acknowledgement at the Hearth Spirit.

"Thanks Dhaltuun, and the rest of you. I'm sure we'll have a better chance to find it later. I was just wondering if you knew it was in the vicinity of our destination, that's all. I'm heading back to meditate; let me know if anything important requiring my attention happens please. Otherwise, I will be preparing for the Equinox tomorrow and our concurrent arrival at the Professor's destination."

With that, the Stone-Man will politely take his leave and return to his quarters to finish meditating and regain his spent PPE and ISP (3 hours have passed already, so that's 45PPE and all ISP recovered already; 4.5 hours to go before full recovery, or 5 if you only count full hours)

IF his meditation is interrupted and his presence requested, Sal will stop his meditation and see what is going on/why he is needed.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:44 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 91

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 84

Murdoc wrote:"The devil only knows what lurking around out here. Best if I'm the one to expose myself."


Leo nods, and replies. "We had a dragon flyover not too long ago, and before that we, uh, ran into a trio of giantish guys. So there's threats. be careful."

He turns to Jason. "Can we try to triangulate his signal... Maybe if he can send a burst of something we can see on our sensors? I know the rain is skewing our readings, though. Oh wait - this rig has infrared searchlights, yeah? Can we aim 'em straight up, create an IR beacon?"

Back on the radio, he says to Murdoc, "Please tell me your PA has infrared vision."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 68

Leo wrote:He turns to Jason. "Can we try to triangulate his signal... Maybe if he can send a burst of something we can see on our sensors? I know the rain is skewing our readings, though. Oh wait - this rig has infrared searchlights, yeah? Can we aim 'em straight up, create an IR beacon?"


Jason takes a moment to consider Leo's suggestion. He looks outside and at the radar to get an idea for how bad the weather is. Heavy rain, mid-afternoon...... "Frankly, I don't know their range. They are substantial though and the clouds would make the search light visible. It's worth a try. I've got a good bearing on him. With this weather and him only having a suit radio, we can't be too far apart. " Jason one of the main lights upwards and activates it.

Jason keys the radio, "Murdoc, we are west of you and have activated a search light. You may be able to see the glow. Also, can your armor fly? Or is there a tree in your area taller than most of the others around it? If you can get above much of the ground clutter, I may be able to pick you up on radar and get a more precise bearing"


Jason switches frequencies to speak with the Professor. "Professor, I don't know if you have been listening, but we have been in contact with a lost subject out of MercTown. He is by himself with no support, which can be fatal out here. With your permission, I would like to assist. He is east of us and I don't think he is far from our base course. I can direct him to try to intercept our course, so it will not delay the mission."
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Murdoc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 30 1d20 = 14

Murdoc chuckles as he keys the mic, "A dragon? Well that kinda makes me rethink drawing attention to myself. That's a negative on the IR. Just thermo and passive night vision."

He weighs his options quickly and continues, "Negative on the flight capabilities too. I do have jump jets. I'll tell you what. I'll aim due west and give it a couple jumps. We'll see if your sensors pick me up. Though if I hit the road you're on, I should be able to catch up. I'm in an old Roadrunner PA and my ground speed is considerable if I'm in the clear."

As Murdoc talks, he continues to scan the area, looking for a break in the tree cover, as well as any creature of the swamp that might think he'd be an easy snack. Pulling his phase sword, he finds a mostly clear space and attempts to break through the tree cover with a thruster assisted leap.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Rufus » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 41

Rufus nods and listens to Jason and Leo chit-chat over the radio. As Jason flicks on a searchlight he looks over the instrument cluster. "That's visible light, let's see what else we can put out there..." he activates the IR searchlights and thermal-imager. Not sure how much help they'll be, but any robotic port in a storm. "Carny, please let us know if you pick up anything resembling a jumping suit of power armor headed our way." He turns his attention first to the radar screen and then to the telescopic cameras, scanning them in the general direction of their new friend.

He clicks the radio. "Murdoc, we've rolled out the red carpet for you. When you see a Behemoth lit up like a Solstice Tree... you're there."

Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 35/64% (IR searchlights)
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 45/64% (thermal-imager)
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 20/64% (radar)
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 80/64% (cameras)
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 51/77%
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Consumer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:03 pm

Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 81 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 3:05 PM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Heavy Rain, thunder/lightning, and 25 mph winds.


Skills
Jason: No skills used.
Rufus:
Sensory Equipment (IR searchlights): These come in handy, but not for this job.
Sensory Equipment (thermal-imager): This does come in handy, see post.
Sensory Equipment (radar): Because you rolled well, this also comes in handy.
Sensory Equipment (cameras) This doesn't seem to help Rufus one bit.
Radio: Basic: Works fine.
Sal: No skills used.
Dhaltuun: No skills used.
Leo: No skills used.
Murdoc: No skills used.



In the Behemoth
Everyone but Murdoc.

A bit more conversation occurs between the Behemoth and the seemingly lost Murdoc. Dhaltuun and Sal finish up their conversation and Sal makes his way back to his quarters oblivious to the things going on in the cockpit. Dhaltuun goes back to fiddling with things in the kitchen with his companion Vladamir, while Jessie watches the rain fall on the observation dome.

Jason Long wrote:"Professor, I don't know if you have been listening, but we have been in contact with a lost subject out of MercTown. He is by himself with no support, which can be fatal out here. With your permission, I would like to assist. He is east of us and I don't think he is far from our base course. I can direct him to try to intercept our course, so it will not delay the mission."


The radio crackles to life. "We're okay with it, I couldn't in good conscious leave a man out here to die." the professor responds.

In the Swamp
No one except Murdoc

Murdoc suppresses his concerns over the thoughts of a dragon, and finds a small clearing that will save him a need to cut any trees. A jet assisted jump later, he is not surprised to see a large robot slowly trundling through the swamp.

In the Behemoth
Everyone but Murdoc.

Rufus watching all the sensors at his disposal spots a blip on the radar about a mile and a half away. Thermal imaging notices the bright flash of something hot in the same area. Considering the Templar know Murdoc is jet jumping it makes sense.

At the Behemoth
Everyone

A few minutes later Murdoc is approached by a Behemoth Explorer, A Northern Gun Pathmaker, and two hover enabled Cargonaughts piloted by what seems to be Northern Gun Drones.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Salomón » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 50
JIC(20): 1d20 = 1

Current Conditions (at end of post): Current Conditions (at end of post): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)




Consumer wrote:
Date,Time & Info wrote:Location:The Great Carolina Swamp (approximately 81 miles east of Char): March 19, 111 PA 3:05 PM. (5 minutes have passed)
Weather: Raining; High: 77°F Low: 55°F
Heavy Rain, thunder/lightning, and 25 mph winds.


Sal does nothing new for the 5 minutes that have passed. He's still meditating for hours on end.

It's too bad we can't recharge our PPE like an e-clip.. just plug into a PPE charging station and do something else, and unplug when finished...

He fidgets a bit uncomfortably, knowing that thought will never become reality.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 124/236
I.S.P.: 60/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Leo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:21 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 36

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 46

Leo heads back to the main hatch of the Behemoth and waits for the vehicle to stop for Murdoc. He opens the hatch and takes a look outside, seeing a man in a PA on the ground. Grinning at him, he says, "Welcome aboard - Murdoc I presume?"

Leo will help the man aboard if necessary, and direct him to a berth where he can stow his travel gear, before taking him room by room through the explorer toward the cockpit, introducing him to everyone as they go.

"You can stow your gear in here - I guess consider it your bunk for now - I don't think anyone's in here. No one slept in here last couple days. My name's Leo - I was in your shoes like 2 days ago. I came across the team fighting dinos, and lent a hand. Until then I'd been lost in the swamp." Leo grabs a towel, so Murdoc can dry his PA off a little bit. "Best not to track water all through the Behemoth." As they walk back to the elevator, Leo notes, "Salomon is in his bunk meditating, but he might be out in a bit. I've no idea how long meditating takes to be honest."

He takes him up a level through to the Galley. "Here's the Galley - great place if you're hungry, as I nearly always am." He smiles. "This is Dhaltuun," He gestures to the Dwarf, assiduously trying to cook an unusual cut of meat, "And that's Vladamir, Dhaltuun's... henchman? bodyguard? Not that he particularly needs a bodyguard. Just... not sure of the nomenclature there. Over there at the table is Jessie - she's a valkyrie, I think."

Once everyone in the Galley has had an opportunity to greet Murdoc and ask any questions they have, Leo says "Well, let's head to the cockpit and meet the boss."

He takes him through the forward door into the cockpit. "This here's Rufus," he gestures toward the Kankoran, "And there's Jason, the team leader," he gestures to the human.

Good thing we picked this guy up... I was on the run through this swamp and it's definitely Not Fun. Always better to be with others - even strangers - than on your own in a place like this.

Turning back to Murdoc, he states, "The Templar are definitely the good guys, in case you're wondering what kinda crew you fell in with. Current job is armed guard-slash-explorers for a professor out of Lazlo - he's in the cargonaut. We're on our way to an old outpost he's set to explore. Our job is to protect 'em and get 'em home in one piece."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 156/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: A Vendetta to be Paid; Char (Dinosaur Swamp)

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 90
Initiative: 1d20 = 5
APM: 6

Conditions:
- PPE: 136 / 136 at end of post

Skills - N/A
Cooking 69% - 1d100 = 6 (gets cuts of meat from dino meat)
Land Navigation 56% - 1d100 = 29 figure search area
Wilderness Survival 69% - 1d100 = 11 figure search area

Post -
Dhaltuun stands there a moment feeling sheepish. ’My apologies, gang. And to you as ell, Sal. i got a little excited and lost my head. *deep breathe* Okay, try again.’ He turns to face Vlad. ’Vladimir, Do you know of this plant? If so, can you please try to make time to look for some once the time and place are right.Or at least let me know.’ He takes a couple of steps towards Jessie. ”what say you go for a fly when the rain is done? Get some sun on those wings.”
He offers a friendly smile. ”I know where to find you if i need you.” He moves to the stove.

’Now, Vlad? What say we get dinner ready?’ Dhal and Vlad move like a dance team as they move around the galley. Moving in sync with each other as they gather ingredients, then almost as one mind, they cook dinner. As they work, hal asks about stories from Vlad’s homeland. As they are enjoying the time, Vlad looks toward the doorway and shifts into a small dog. A moment later, Leo walks into the galley with someone in power armor.

Dhaltuun looks up as Leo speaks. ”Hey there. Dont forget Marcella” He then turns and washes his hands, wiping them on a rag at his belt, before offering a fist bump to Murdoc. ”Happy to have you aboard. What brings you out this way? Not exactly a vacation spot.” This is said in a playful way. Dhaltuun tosses some meat to Marcella. ’Vladimir is a friend and companion. Jessie is my bodyguard, sent by the blessed Njord.” As he says the name of his god, Dhaltuun makes the hand sign for him. ((same as a christian making a cross when “Jesus” is said)). ”Let me know if there is anything food-wise, you prefer or any allergies. I think of myself as the Templar’s chef as well as a team mate. Jerky?” Dhal offers his pouch of jerky to tLeo and Muroc as they head out.

After they have left, Dhaltuun looks to Vlad. ’You don't have to do that when someone is on the Behemoth. They are entitled to a little trust if they are on board. I believe Jason wouldn't let a threat on board. But up to you.” They once again finish making food.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest