Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Grave Digger » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Prologue
    Location: Atlantic Ocean, 200 miles from the Carolinas coastline
    Date: March 18, 111 PA, 10:30 PM
    Weather: 58°, Clear Skies

Two figures stand on the port side of their ship, one brooding over the rail as his companion takes in the northern night sky. "Landfall tomorrow?"

"Yea, just before sunrise I expect. Hit a small fishing town as they're getting the boats out," the second says pointing ahead to an invisible coastline they are rushing towards.

"Doesn't sound lucrative." The first one is a hulking mass, muscles bulging over muscles, made even larger by his morose demeanor. As he sulks, his neck sinks into his shoulders, and his heavy brow casts a shadow over his whole face.

"That's just the warm-up." Two rows of sharpened teeth flash, his smile moves like a meat grinder. "After that we'll go after bigger and more exotic targets. But first we're going to toy with some helpless villagers. I get a kick out of the token resistance they put up. Really, Yosa, you should have fun with your work."

"I will have fun, Panto, when I have earned my promotion and can put my unique set of skills to better use than that of a damned slaver." He rises from the rail, his shoulders roll back slightly but he still appears hunched over.

"Indeed you will get that promotion." Panto pats his companion's shoulder. Despite being taller and quite ripped in his own right, he looks smaller than Yosa. "Every partner that I take on a raid has gone on to bigger and better things. And they do that by being active hunters; get involved, get rewards."

Yosa finally smiles. "Alright then, we're going to have a busy raid." He walks across the deck of the ship and makes staccato grunting noises as he thinks. "Have the girls ready to attack the moment we reach the shore."



Dig Me Out
    Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
    Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
    Weather: 66°, light clouds

As pleasant as the weather can ever be in the Dinosaur Swamp, it is a pleasant morning in the Dinosaur Swamp. The archaeologists have disappeared into the bunker. Dhaltuun made an attempt to enter along with them but his was met by an icy stare from Bob. "You should stay up here with the rest of your team," the professor says shaking his head. "We can handle whatever is down there."

Taking the hint that he has a job to do, Dhaltuun leans against the Bonaparte keeping an eye out for trouble. Salomón takes in the sun breaking through the early mist in between the trees, a beautiful landscape to start the day with. Leo is busy exploring that landscape. A few miles to the east in a dense wooded swamp, he finds tracks heading north, but nothing definitive. Above the Bonaparte, Rufus is trying to smell something other than unbathed mercenary. There is a whiff of the unfamiliar that he can almost trace. All he can get is that it is unrecognizable and it was close by recently.

He starts to follow his nose north when the professor gets on the radio, "We've found a pretty extensive tunnel network down here. Also, surprisingly well ventilated, so we're going to probably spend the rest of the day down here. If we don't come up until sundown, get started on dinner without us. Rufus, you still get first beer of the night."

Most of you take the message with stride, but Murdoc hardly pays attention, instead he is following a long trail that started north of the camp heading west. It is as if someone had carved a small shallow trough through the muddy floor. Whatever has done this has also spooked all the wildlife in the area. Whatever Murdoc is following is leading him someplace. His power armor moves nimbly along the trail until he reaches his target, his opposite. Instead of power legs that can skip through dense woods, it has the base of a snake, coiled tight so that its pilots body is looming over the techno-warrior. It raises a large pistol at Murdoc's chest. "Nice PA. Step out of it and put your hands up, or I'll reduce it to scrap."

Back at the camp, the morning calm is disrupted by the sound of something barging its way through the trees. It becomes visible clearly, a large vehicle that looks like crab. A plows its way through the swamp on four legs. It stops in front of the Bonaparte leaving everyone speechless. Then its speakers blare: Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Grave Digger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:04 pm
Location: AGM: Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d100 = 60 1d20 = 5
Init: 1d20+8 = 28
Attacks: 9

Murdoc knows his assets and doesn't spend a moment deciding what to do. He jukes to throw off the barrel leveled at him and then he's off like a shot. Which is exactly what he's trying to beat as he takes off at a run back the way he came. He attempts to put some distance between him and the Sploog minion. At some point in his flight, Murdoc kicks on the team frequency and blurts out, "Sploog slavers in the swamp! I'm on the run. Trying to loose'm." Fracking Sploog. Wak would be tearing this guy a new asshole by now. He draws his Phase sword as he cuts into the trees.

1. Dodge: 1d20+14 = 18
2-9. RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)

Auto-Dodge: 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 4, 1d20 = 12, 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 9, 1d20 = 3
and Dodge as needed: 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 15
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 79
JIC(20): 1d20 = 16

Current Conditions (at end of post; format is minutes:seconds): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed); Spinning Blades: 1:00

This round only: +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23 +6 (Sixth Sense bonus; only applies this round) = 29 total Initiative

Actions
1. Position for cover, brief radio warning, and draw knife
2. Spinning Blades (begin casting)
3. Spinning Blades (spell takes efffect)
4. Called Shot at weapon system (begin)
5. Called Shot at weapon system (takes effect)
6. Contingency

Attacks:
1. Called Shot at weapon on head: to hit 1d20 = 20 (NAT 20) +2 (not that it matters) ; damage: 5d6+3 = 18 x2 (crit) = 36 MD
2. non-vehicle target (contingency): to hit 1d20+2 = 4 MISS; damage 5d6+3 = 18 MD

Automatic Dodges (if needed):
1d20+4 = 16
1d20 = 20
1d20+4 = 10
1d20+4 = 10
1d20+4 = 20
1d20+4 = 5

Parries from Spinning Blades (if needed):
Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
1d20 = 13 +6 for melee= 19 +2 (sixth sense) = 21 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile =15 +2 (sixth sense) = 17
1d20 = 16 +6 for melee= 22 +2 (sixth sense) = 24 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 18 +2 (sixth sense) = 20
1d20 = 2 +6 for melee= 8 +2 (sixth sense) = 10; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 4 +2 (sixth sense) = 6
1d20 = 14 +6 for melee= 20 +2 (sixth sense) = 22; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 16 +2 (sixth sense) = 18
1d20 = 2 +6 for melee= 8+2 (sixth sense) = 10 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 4 +2 (sixth sense) = 6
1d20 = 4 +6 for melee= 10 +2 (sixth sense) = 12 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 6 +2 (sixth sense) = 8





Grave Digger wrote:Dig Me Out
    Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
    Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
    Weather: 66°, light clouds

Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.

What are your intentions?


False dichotomy? No thanks! thinks the Amaki as he draws one of his throwing knives and duck behind the Bonaparte to put it between himself and the Templar's opponents. He will quickly speak into his radio: "Leo, need you NOW! Professor, STAY PUT!", and then cast Spinning Blades upon himself for protection.

He will then fire his rifle at a specific target: the weapon(s) on the "head" of the vehicle (OOC: AGM mentioned these as visible in chat). "Not today, Splugorth scum!" he shouts.

Contingencies

If his Spinning Blades spell is somehow prevented from being cast (i.e. his spell is disrupted), Sal will cast a quick Armor Bizarre on himself.

Sal will not parry or dodge while casting

If an opponent exits the vehicle or another one appears that hasn't been already seen (and is not in a vehicle), Sal will shoot at them as his final action. He will not just shoot "at the vehicle" (i.e. main body) as he's pretty sure his small arms won't do a whole lot to the main body of an M.D.C. armored vehicle (that's what the Bonaparte is for).

If there is no visible opponent who isn't in the vehicle, Sal will begin to cast Fire Globe for his final action (should finish the first action of next round).




Spinning Blades
Range: Up to 60' per level when used as a ranged attack; otherwise, personal range.
Duration: One melee round per level of experience or until used up in offensive attacks.
Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blade.
Saving Throw: Parry (when applicable) and dodge.
P.P.E.: Twenty
The Spinning Blades spell temporarily transforms an ordinary knife or short sword (S.D.C. or M.D. blade) into a magical weapon of defense and/or destruction. The enchanted weapon floats in the air and one new, additional blade appears for each level of the spell caster, creating a circular fan of blades. The blades then spin in place near the mage, waiting for use. Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
When used as an offensive weapon, the fan of blades can be sent hurling like a single buzz-saw blade at a single target. This attack is impossible to parry (although a dodge can be attempted) and inflicts double damage (2D6 M.D. times the total number of blades)! Maximum range is 60 feet per level of experience. The magic blades disappear after they strike, which means if the buzz-saw attack misses, the mage can mentally direct the weapon to try to strike again. Each buzz-saw strike counts as one of the spell caster's own melee actions. A pair of dueling sorcerers sending this attack against each other will cause a clash of blades that negates each other. An alternative attack is to fire each of the blades like rocketed projectiles, one at a time or in pairs (pairs count as one melee attack). Each firing of the blades counts as one melee attack/action, but has an impressive range of 100 feet per level of the spell caster. Once the magical blade (or pair of blades) is fired, it disappears after it has hit or missed; +3 to strike (no other bonuses applicable), but can be dodged or parried. Note: Shooting blades can be used with the Ricochet spell, but only with a single blade at a time.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 216/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 84

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 33

Combat actions

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7

APM: 6

Action 1: Run to camp, ask for report
Action 2: Leap on top of tank; "IT'S SHOWTIME!"
Action 3: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 19; Damage 3d6 = 13 + 6d6 = 18 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 4: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 18; Damage 3d6 = 7 + 6d6 = 23 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 10 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 5: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 13; Damage 3d6 = 7 + 6d6 = 15 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 20 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 6: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 9; Damage 3d6 = 13 + 6d6 = 17 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+8 = 24; 2) 1d20+8 = 12; 3) 1d20+8 = 24; 4) 1d20+8 = 17; 5) 1d20+8 = 9; 6) 1d20+8 = 23

Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 13; 2) 1d20+2 = 21; 3) 1d20+2 = 14; 4) 1d20+2 = 13; 5) 1d20+2 = 20; 6) 1d20+2 = 19





Leo is in his own head as he walks the perimeter, guarding against attack - he's meant to be on the lookout, but part of him is just taking in the feeling of freedom, and in the process he apparently has wandered a bit away from the actual perimeter and into the swamp somehow.

Suddenly, his reverie is interrupted by comms chatter.

Murdoc wrote:"Sploog slavers in the swamp! I'm on the run. Trying to loose'm."


Sal wrote:"Leo, need you NOW! Professor, STAY PUT!"


His first thought is a moment of panic - his hand begins shaking as he thinks They've found me already1

The moment passes quickly. He shoulders his hammer and begins hauling ass back to camp. Got to protect the others!

"On my way! - Murdoc, report - how many of what did you see?"

As he races back to camp, his mind likewise races. I thought I'd lost them! How did they track me so fast? No matter - they won't take me again! Nor my new friends! I've come so far - I WON'T GO BACK NOW!

As he barrels into camp, and spots the enemy tank, he hefts his hammer and shouts "IT'S SHOWTIME!" before immediately attacking. He leaps upon the tank, and, prioritizing attacks that will either get him inside or disable the main weapon, he begins hammering away.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 136/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 15
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9
APM: 6


- PPE: 96 end of post / 136
Charge chainsaw - 15
Superhuman Strength - 10 / 6 min
Armor Bizarre - 15 / 6 min


Conditions:
Jump with SN strength:
57 feet of length with run / 22.8 ft no run
25.5 feet of height with run /10.2 ft no run
SDC: 94
PS: 30 sn - Inflicts 5d6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 3d6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 6d6 M.D. on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks). P.S. bonuses are added to S.D.C. attacks.
PE: 30 sn


Skills - N/A
Robot Combat: Basic - estimate movement arcs


Dhaltuun jumps when the bot comes out the tree line. ”What the frak/” He grabs the grip of his chainsaw, pumping in PPE, ready for trouble.

Grave Digger wrote: Back at the camp, the morning calm is disrupted by the sound of something barging its way through the trees. It becomes visible clearly, a large vehicle that looks like crab. A plows its way through the swamp on four legs. It stops in front of the Bonaparte leaving everyone speechless. Then its speakers blare: Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.


There is a flurry of activity once the voice speaks. Seeing Murdoc take off and Sal casting, Dhaltuun makes his move. ’Marcella,Cat!! Find cover.” He then casts Superhuman Strength on himself. With a yell ’FOR NJORD!!, Dhaltuun pulls his TW chainsaw and fires a CS Hvy grenade at the crab thing. As soon as the grenade leaves his weapon, Dhaltuun takes a few steps and, using his new strength, leaps at the crab, chainsaw blade spinning, aiming for the front pilot area. Just as he is about to hit the apex of his leap, he casts Armor Bizarre. As he lands, ’Jesse!! Time to breach!!” He will aim a couple of chainsaw hits on the window, trying to use the grenade impact area as a start to cut there. ’Look alive, laddies!!! The Templars are coming for ya!”




APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16

A1) Superhuman Strength
Range: Self or others by touch.
Duration : 12 melee rounds (6 min) +2 rds (30 seconds) per level
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Ten
magically gives
Sn P.S. 30
P.E. of 24
+30 S.D.C.
Supernatural strength, endurance and bonuses last for the duration of the magic.

A2) Fire TW chainsaw grenade launcher - Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 / Damage: 4d6 = 12 to a 6 ft radius /

A3) Cast Armor Bizarre
Range: Self or one other up to 30 feet (9 m) away.
Duration: 6 mins (24 rds) + 1 min (4 melee rounds) per level
Saving Throw: To save vs Horror Factor only.
P.P.E.: Fifteen
Like the Armor of Ithan spell, Armor Bizarre creates a suit of magical form-fitting force to serve as armor / provides 90 M.D.C. / appears to be composed of dozens to hundreds of writhing tentacles, pulsating slime, or crawling worms.
This magical illusion provides a Horror Factor of 12
Anyone fighting an opponent in Armor Bizarre is automatically distracted by the moving parts (-I on initiative) and must make a save vs Horror Factor at the beginning of every melee round. A failed roll means the usual Horror Factor penalties.

A4) Chainsaw strike: 1d20+9 = 16 / Damage: 5d6+6 = 26 + SN PS 3d6 = 14
A5) Chainsaw strike: 1d20+9 = 19 / Damage: 5d6+6 = 22 + SN PS 3d6 = 6

A6) reserve for dodge 1d20+8 = 14
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 21
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17 (additional +1 with NG-45LP)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 172/242 at the end of this post

Rufus can't help but chuckle as the Splugorth minions from within the crab-bot make their ultimatum. Have you met us? No, of course you haven't. Otherwise you know we're going to opt for the hard way.

He clears his throat. "Attention future smoldering wreckage! You forgot Option #3 -- also known as the 'go jebemti yourself' option. Here, we'll remind you!" He activates an armor spell and uses his ring to turn invisible before taking flight and casting an adhesion spell right behind it. "Jason! Leo! Knock it backwards! Everyone else, try to disable its weapons or crack it open so we can get to creamy center!"


Combat Shenanigans
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 80/77%

1.) tell minions to go have sex with themselves/cast Armor of Ithan. 60 MDC, 6 minute duration. (10 PPE)
2.) activate Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining; Duration: 18 minutes
3 & 4.) cast Fliy as the Eagle -- Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 120 minutes (25 PPE)
5.) cast Carpet of Adhesion right behind crab bot/radio teammates. 15 minute duration. (10 PPE)
6.) shoot with NG-45LP (trying to hit leg/weapon/sensor areas if possible). Strike: 1d20+3 = 17; 5d6 = 16 M.D.
7.) reserved for dodging while flying. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 11

Auto-parries: 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 25
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 62

Grave Digger wrote:Back at the camp, the morning calm is disrupted by the sound of something barging its way through the trees. It becomes visible clearly, a large vehicle that looks like crab. A plows its way through the swamp on four legs. It stops in front of the Bonaparte leaving everyone speechless. Then its speakers blare: Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.


Jason quickly decides peaceful surrender is not in the cards. Communications Officer? they're just a scout then.. He is about to cover the crawler with plasma when others go for close contact. He loads AP and sends his own answer to the slavers with a shout over the radio, "On the way!" Jason fires the 105mm cannon. Jason feels the rush of exhilaration feeling his partner speak. With other Templar using Bonaparte for cover, Jason can't use the VHT's maneuverability. He calls over the radio a second time, "Get to cover on its flanks and smash any radio antennas you see." as the autoloader cycles to chamber his last AP load. Jason switches Bonaparte's radio and does a quick scan for the slaver's channel. He leaves his armor radio on the Templar's channel. Jason fires again once the cannon is ready and switches to battloid mode. He attempts to parry any attacks with the VHT's powerful shields. If the crab-tank closes Jason will grapple with it, trying to force it back. If not he runs and rams into it, trying to push it away from the Templar using Bonaparte for cover and onto Rufus' trap..

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 8
Actions: 8
1: Fire AP at the crab-tank 1d20+8 = 12 to-hit, 3d6*10 = 110MD
2: Call to Templar
3: Look for slaver signals
4: Fire AP at the crab-tank 1d20+8 = 11 to-hit, 3d6*10 = 130MD
5: Transform to battloid
6&7: Body Block/Ram: 1d20+8 = 24 to-hit. 2d6 = 10MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 38
8: Dodge the carper of adhesion if he screws up the ram 1d20+9 = 12
Parry rolls: 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 22

((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 43 )) finding slaver frequency
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Initiative Order
Sal: 29 Sixth Sense
Murdoc: 28
Rufus: 18
Daltuun 9 Stop posting multiple Initiatives!
Jason: 8
Leo: 7


MAP:
Image

The Green are dense trees and semi-solid ground. Rufus is near Bonaparte, I forgot him on the map.

Action One
Jojo: Scan area: 28% Good Stealth negated.
Didi: Radio boss. 04% Reinforcements are inbound. 2-3 Melees
Bubba: Attempt to snag Murdoc. Strike: 18 Murdoc Barely Dodges.
Sal: Position for cover, brief radio warning, and draw knife
Murdoc: Dodge: 18
Rufus: tell minions to go have sex with themselves/cast Armor of Ithan. 60 MDC, 6 minute duration. (10 PPE)
Jessie: Move to attack Bubba.
Daltuun Tell minion/familiar to run, Cast Superhuman Strength.
Jason: Fire AP at the crab-tank Strike: 12; Damage: 110 M.D. (Dodge attempt: 20)
Leo: Run to camp, ask for report
Koko: Pilot Cerax up 60 feet into the air.


From the Kittani Crab-like Tank, some things happen. Anyone actively looking at their radar can tell they have been hard pinged and are very much seen by the vehicle. Almost immediately afterwards anyone scanning radio frequencies can tell an encrypted message was just sent to parts unknown. The serpentine power armor in front of Murdoc, attempts to grab him, but the former juicer turned headhunter barely manages to twist out of it’s grasp. Sal draws one of his throwing knives and dives for cover behind Bonaparte, he quickly yells into the team frequency "Leo, need you NOW! Professor, STAY PUT!" Leo definitely gets the message, but it is unclear if the Professor or his team get it. Rufus smugly replies "Attention future smoldering wreckage! You forgot Option number three -- also known as the 'go jebemti yourself' option. Here, we'll remind you!" Before quickly casing an armor spell. Jessie, high in the air, begins flying towards the Serpentine armor and Murdoc, intent on doing something. Dhaltuun yells. ”Marcella,Cat!! Find cover.” Before casting a spell that increases his strength. Jason inside of Bonaparte, decides to start off with a strong showing of power, firing an Armor Penetrating Shell from Bonaparte’s main gun. Jason’s face goes a little slack when the Crab-Like Tank-Thing basically leaps into the air and makes itself fly to a height of sixty feet, effectively taking it out of melee range with the group, while affording itself a wide zone of fire for it’s weapons.

Action Two
Jojo: Watch the Radar
Didi: Scan the channels
Bubba: Chase Murdoc
Sal: Spinning Blades (begin casting)
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: Activate Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining; Duration: 18 minutes
Jessie:
Daltuun Fire TW chainsaw grenade launcher - Strike: 15; Damage: 12 (6’ radius)
Jason: Call to Templar
Leo: Leap on top of tank; "IT'S SHOWTIME!" (Check height of jump, 22’ shy of target)
Koko: Fire Auto Guns at Bonaparte. Strike: 18; Damage: 30 MD (Dodge of 12 failed)


The serpentine power armor begins to chase Murdoc, who is a bit more agile than it. Sal begins casting a spell with a bit of wordy incantation and hand gestures, from his spot behind Bonaparte. Murdoc continues running from the power armor, towards the rest of the team. Rufus concentrates for a brief second and vanishes like a small humanoid at a one hundred and eleventh birthday party. Jessie nears the Serpentine Armor, preparing to attack it with her enchanted longsword. Dhaltuun screams ”FOR NJORD!” and fires a grenade at the flying crab vehicle, scoring a hit and dealing a bit of damage. Jason send out a radio call to the Templar. "Get to cover on its flanks and smash any radio antennas you see." Leo attempts to leap onto the vehicle but finds his height is considerably off, bringing back down to the earth beneath it. ”That wasn’t very nice, I guess we do it the hard way.” Comes out over the crab tank-vehicle thingy external speakers before it fires a pair of auto-guns at Bonaparte. Pocking the hovertanks armor with small dents.

Action Three
Jojo: Continues watching Radar.
Didi: Radios ground team.
Bubba: Attacks Jessie with Plasma Axe. Strike: 21; Damage: 30 MD (Parry: 12)
Sal: Spinning Blades (spell takes efffect)
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: cast Fly as the Eagle (Start Casting)
Jessie: Attack the PA with Longsword. Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 46 MD
Daltuun Cast Armor Bizarre
Jason: Look for slaver signals (Electronic Countermeasures--92%/43%)
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 19; Damage 31 Gavitic Wave Damage: 40 (20' area). (Move to attack Serpent Armor)
Koko: Fire Autoguns at Bonaparte. Strike: 13; Damage 14 (No dodge)


The serpent power armor sees the incoming Valkyrie and takes a swing at her with his double bladed plasma axe, Jessie tries to catch the blow on her shield but doesn’t get the timing right and suffers a rather brutal blow to her torso. Sal’s spell comes to life as he’s surrounded by several copies of the throwing knife that was once in his hand. Murdoc continues to run, seeing the crew in a fight against a flying crab tank-vehicle thingy. Rufus begins the incantation to fly, but it’s a wordy spell and it takes time. Jessie returns the attack against her in kind carving a wicked line across the power armors torso with her enchanted longsword. Dhaltuun quickly tosses out an incantation that finds him covered in squiggling tentacles and slimy excess. Jason takes a few brief moments to find a signal that the slavers may be using, he’s not sure if it’s luck or providence, but he does find an encrypted channel they are likely using. But he can’t understand anything as it is scrambled. Leo, not being able to go after his first target, moves to attack the serpent power armor that is relatively close by. The flying tank fires another burst from it’s chest mounted autoguns, doing minor damage to Bonaparte.


Action Four
Jojo: Continue watching the Radar.
Didi: Try and find the Templar’s radio. (ECM: 73% fail)
Bubba: Back up and fire two Fragmentation Mini-Missles at Jessie and Leo. (Strike 6 & 2; Damage: 18+16=34 MD) (Dodge: Jessie: Nat 1 (Roll w/ 18), Leo: Auto: 13)
Sal: Called Shot at weapon system (begin)
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: cast Fly as the Eagle (Finish Casting)
Jessie: Turns Invisible.
Daltuun Give Orders; Chainsaw strike: 16; Damage: 40
Jason: Fire AP at the crab-tank Strike: 11; Damage: 130 MD (Dodge: 17)
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 18; Damage 30 MD, Gravity Wave Damage: 10 (20' area)
Koko: Fire Autoguns at Bonaparte. Strike: 16; Damage: 25 (No dodge)


The serpentine armor lurches backwards putting approximately twenty-five feet of distance between itself and the approaching Leo and Jessie. It points it’s shield at the duo and lets loose a pair of mini-missiles at near point blank range. Jessie is struck directly by one while the other detonates underneath her, Leo dives out of the way of the shrapnel, while Jessie kinda rolls with the explosion. Sal decides to take aim at the head weapons of the enemy vehicle, trying to line up the perfect shot. Murdoc reaches the group, and skids to a halt. Rufus finishes his spell and feels the flying magic take hold. Jessie vanishes from sight. Dhaltuun yells. ’Jesse!! Time to breach!!” but finds himself also without a viable target, Dhaltuun starts slowly making his way towards the fight he can get to. Leo charges and swings his hammer at the serpentine armor, the power armor attempts to parry with his shield, but fails to get it up in time. The shockwave is impressive.

Action Five
Jojo: Continue using Radar.
Didi: Scan for Templar frequency (ECM: 42%; Found)
Bubba: Attack Leo with Plasma Axe. Strike: 13; Damage: 20 (Parry: 23)
Sal: Called Shot at weapon system (takes effect) Strike: NAt 20; Damage: 36 MD
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: cast Carpet of Adhesion right behind crab bot/radio teammates. 15 minute duration. (10 PPE)
Jessie: Start heading back to Dhaltuun
Daltuun Chainsaw strike: 19: Damage: 28 MD
Jason: Transform to battloid
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 13; Damage 22 MD; Gravity Wave Damage: 20 (20' area) (Parry: 17)


The serpentine armor attempts to attack Leo with it’s plasma axe, but Leo manages to bring his hammer in the way, parrying the weapon aside. Sal fires and strikes the weapon mounted to the head of the vehicle, destroying it easily. Rufus casts the Carpet of Adhesion under the enemy vehicle. "Jason! Leo! Knock it backwards! Everyone else, try to disable its weapons or crack it open so we can get to creamy center!" Comes over the radio from Rufus. Jason works the controls and transforms Bonaparte into it’s humanoid mech form. Leo takes another swing at the serpentine armor, and finds himself also parried away.

Action Six
Bubba: Attack Leo with Plasma axe. Strike: 13; Damage: 20 (Parry: 12)
Sal: Sal will begin to cast Fire Globe.
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: shoot with NG-45LP. Strike: 17; Damage: 16 M.D.
Daltuun reserve for dodge: 14
Jason: Body Block/Ram: Strike: 24; Damage: 10 M.D. (Knockdown 60% chance.)
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 9; Damage 30 MD; Gravity Wave Damage: 40 MD (20' area) (Parry: 16)


The serpent armor manages to catch Leo with a blow to the side with it’s plasma axe dealing the Titan juicer’s armor a minor rent. Sal begins another lengthy incantation, while Rufus takes a shot at the flying tank, it seems to not be paying Rufus any attention. Jason moves Bonapart into the air and slams into the flying tank, which it take in stride. Leo swings once more, but finds the power armor pilot is a skilled melee combatant.

GM Notes: I advise you to not use your skills as reserved for dodge, just post a list of dodge, up to your maximum number of attacks. Like Leo did. Also, contingencies are good for you, as it makes it so you don’t lose out on auctions due to the combat changing drastically like say a suddenly flying target not being in range for melee attacks. Any questions, feel free to IM me or Grave Digger.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc:
Sal: Spinning Blades (1 minute), -20 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) 136/195 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 43/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun Superhuman Strength (3 minutes), Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (6 minutes), -1 grenade, -25 P.P.E.
Rufus: AOI: 60/60 (6 minutes.), Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (18 minutes), -10 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -43 MDC
Cerax: (Main Body) -38 MDC, Head Laser (Destroyed)
Serpent PA: (Main Body) -86 MDC, all other locations: -10 M.D.C., -2 Fragmentation Mini-Missiles. Note: -1 attack next round due to parry.


Combat posts, Round 2
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7
APM: 6


- PPE: 96 end of post / 136

Superhuman Strength - 3 min
Armor Bizarre - 3 min


Conditions:
Jump: 57 ft long with run / 22.8 ft no run / 25.5 ft high with run /10.2 ft no run
SDC: 94
PS: 30 sn
PE: 30 sn


Skills - N/A
Performance 30% / 1d100 = 75 coat swirling

”House of Glass (12)”
Range: Up to 100 feet away.
Damage: Special.
Duration : One minute per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Standard; gods are immune to this spell.
P.P.E.: Twelve
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . . . "
While hackneyed, this saying sums up the spel l ' s effect. The recipient of this magic appears to turn into living glass, but suffers no damage, only a strange, semi-transparent appearance. It is not until the victim of this magic attacks the spell caster that the enchanted individual learns the effect of this magic. The victim of this spell can not harm the spell caster without suffering identical damage in return! Any harm the victim inflicts on the mage is also visited upon him. Thus, an enchanted mercenary who fires a laser rifle at the spell caster and inflicts 22 M.D., will automatically suffer 22 M.D. in return. The damage is always identical, so if the mage suffered damage to his armor (magical or physical body armor), the sarne damage will be inflicted on his enchanted attacker. If the damage was to physical M.D.lHit Points, the attacker will suffer the same damage in the same location. Similarly, if the attacker is a fellow mage, and he casts a Speed of the Snail spell upon the other mage, he too will be affected by his own magic. Of course, the returning attack may offer greater or lesser consequences to the attacker depending on the situation and the two combatants. If the spell caster is killed, his victim will see his own Hit Points knocked down to I D4, fall to his knees and suffer from weakness (all attacks, speed, bonuses and skills reduced by halt); a near death experience. Of course, other enemies may take advantage of his incredibly weakened state!
If the sorcerer' s attacker is killed or put in a coma, the spell ends immediately.



Post -
Dhaltuun looks up and curses. Hearing the fight nearby, he looks. When he sees Jessie hit, he loses it. Dhaltuun lets out a bellow ’JESSIE!!” and slings his chainsaw before he targets the Serpentine PA. Using one hand to sling his chainsaw, Dhaltuun uses his other hand to draw his Bigbore flintlock. With a swirling spin with his coat as a distraction, Dhaltuun aims a shot at the PA. Hoping the weapon lives up to its rep, he fires. As soon as the weapon fires, Dhaltuun spins the opposite direction, again using coat as a distraction. Once the spin is done Dhaltuun is on one knee, holding his flintlock at the ready as well. ''That's right, ass hat. Look at me.’ Letting out a breathe, Dhaltuun waits for a good shot before pulling the trigger again

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 7

A1) bellow and sling chainsaw
A2) Cast house of glass on PA
A3) draw buccaneer flintlock
A4) shoot at PA - Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 / Damage: 1d6 = 3+KD?
A5) Draw firebolt flintlock
A6) pull trigger - - Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 / Damage: 4d6 = 17

Dodges: 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 14,
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:24 am

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 65 1d20 = 17
Init: 1d20+9 = 10
Attacks: 9

Murdoc chuckles as he skids to a stop. Stupid trees. I thought I was further away from the main group. With a quick glance at the scattered team, he's determined to bring the crab-tank back to the ground where more of the team can get to it. Leveling his rifle at the crab-tank, Murdoc fires a series of triple fire bursts. Then, taking the time to reposition himself, moves (or dodges) to the east. Distancing himself away from Bonaparte so the crab-tank doesn't have a nice group of Templar members to fire on all at once, he unleashes another barrage of triple fire bursts at the airborne tank.
"I wonder if I can get up there." He says to himself as he thinks about the grenade on his harness.

If the tank returns to the ground, Murdoc will continue to unload on it.
If the tank appears to be dead, Murdoc will move to aid Leo with the Snake PA that he ran from not too long ago.

1. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 7 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 24 MD
2. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 17 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 26 MD
3. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 22 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 30 MD
4. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 12 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 29 MD
5. move east and/or Dodge: 1d20+14 = 26
6. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 7 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 30 MD
7. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 26 MD
8. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 9 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 29 MD
9. reload

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 17, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 7, 1d20+2 = 15
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/49% CRIT success
JIC(100): 1d100 = 25
JIC(20): 1d20 = 20

Current Conditions (at end of post; format is minutes:seconds): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed); Spinning Blades: 00:45

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 19

Actions
1. Abandon Fire Globe casting and resume firing at Creax (3 shot pulse): 1d20+1 = 21 to hit (NAT 20); (1d6*10)+6 = 56x2 = 112 M.D.
2. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 19 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 56 M.D.
3. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 14 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 26 M.D.
4. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 4 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 16 M.D.
5. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 18 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 46 M.D.
6. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 5 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 26 M.D.; warn group, recharge rifle (please ignore this action; Sal will recharge his rifle with PPE instead)

Automatic Dodges (if needed; Sal will use if Spinning Blades parry fails):
1d20+4 = 9
1d20+4 = 23
1d20+4 = 11
1d20+4 = 6
1d20+4 = 15
1d20+4 = 10

Parries from Spinning Blades (if needed):
Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
1d20 = 15 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 17 | +6 for melee attacks= 21
1d20 = 16 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 18 | +6 for melee attacks= 22
1d20 = 5 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 7 | +6 for melee attacks= 11
1d20 = 1 +2 for energy blast or projectile= FAIL | +6 for melee attacks= FAIL
1d20 = 4 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 6 | +6 for melee attacks= 10
1d20 = 1 +2 for energy blast or projectile= FAIL | +6 for melee attacks= FAIL




The Amaki decides to change tactics and cancels his Fire Globe before he finishes it.

No need; I've got the rifle for direct damage he thinks as he unloads on the Creax (OOC: rolls above).

"Templar, be on the lookout for any potential reinforcements it could have called in" he warns on the team frequency as he empties the P.P.E. of the rifle and pumps in another 40 to recharge it.

Contingency

If attacked in melee, Sal will disengage from the Creax, cast a quick Armor Bizarre for extra protection, and focus on his attacker.

If the Creax is taken out, Sal will engage with the nearest enemy and focus fire on them instead.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 216/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:26 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 98

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 91

Combat actions

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 3

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 20; Damage 3d6 = 5 + 6d6 = 23 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 30 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 2: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 5 (nat. 1!); Damage 3d6 = 6 + 6d6 = 17 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 20 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 3: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 23; Damage 3d6 = 5 + 6d6 = 16 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 4: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 10; Damage 3d6 = 14 + 6d6 = 11 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 10 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 5: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 12; Damage 3d6 = 10 + 6d6 = 24 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 20 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 6: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 23; Damage 3d6 = 8 + 6d6 = 19 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 10 to 20' area gravitic wave

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+8 = 16; 2) v; 3) 1d20+8 = 11; 4) 1d20+8 = 28; 5) 1d20+8 = 15; 6) 1d20+8 = 25

Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 12; 2) 1d20+2 = 15; 3) 1d20+2 = 12; 4) 1d20+2 = 18; 5) 1d20+2 = 8; 6) 1d20+2 = 15




With the Creax flying out of his reach, for now, and the Serpentine PA in his face, Leo resigns himself to putting the immediate opponent down first. I can get up there with my jetpack, but the others are shooting it and I'll just foul their aim. Better to just take out this guy first. Hefting his hammer, he squares off against this guy.

"You came here lookin' for slaves? Bad call." though his hand is shaking involuntarily, Leo is not afraid. He's angry. and he tries to vent his rage on this Serpentine PA, hammering away at it with blow after blow of impacts that send shockwaves into the ground and trees beyond. If at any point the Serpent PA goes down for the count, Leo will charge at one of the Creax's legs, hoping to hobble it with his hammer.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 136/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest