Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Grave Digger » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Prologue
    Location: Atlantic Ocean, 200 miles from the Carolinas coastline
    Date: March 18, 111 PA, 10:30 PM
    Weather: 58°, Clear Skies

Two figures stand on the port side of their ship, one brooding over the rail as his companion takes in the northern night sky. "Landfall tomorrow?"

"Yea, just before sunrise I expect. Hit a small fishing town as they're getting the boats out," the second says pointing ahead to an invisible coastline they are rushing towards.

"Doesn't sound lucrative." The first one is a hulking mass, muscles bulging over muscles, made even larger by his morose demeanor. As he sulks, his neck sinks into his shoulders, and his heavy brow casts a shadow over his whole face.

"That's just the warm-up." Two rows of sharpened teeth flash, his smile moves like a meat grinder. "After that we'll go after bigger and more exotic targets. But first we're going to toy with some helpless villagers. I get a kick out of the token resistance they put up. Really, Yosa, you should have fun with your work."

"I will have fun, Panto, when I have earned my promotion and can put my unique set of skills to better use than that of a damned slaver." He rises from the rail, his shoulders roll back slightly but he still appears hunched over.

"Indeed you will get that promotion." Panto pats his companion's shoulder. Despite being taller and quite ripped in his own right, he looks smaller than Yosa. "Every partner that I take on a raid has gone on to bigger and better things. And they do that by being active hunters; get involved, get rewards."

Yosa finally smiles. "Alright then, we're going to have a busy raid." He walks across the deck of the ship and makes staccato grunting noises as he thinks. "Have the girls ready to attack the moment we reach the shore."



Dig Me Out
    Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
    Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
    Weather: 66°, light clouds

As pleasant as the weather can ever be in the Dinosaur Swamp, it is a pleasant morning in the Dinosaur Swamp. The archaeologists have disappeared into the bunker. Dhaltuun made an attempt to enter along with them but his was met by an icy stare from Bob. "You should stay up here with the rest of your team," the professor says shaking his head. "We can handle whatever is down there."

Taking the hint that he has a job to do, Dhaltuun leans against the Bonaparte keeping an eye out for trouble. Salomón takes in the sun breaking through the early mist in between the trees, a beautiful landscape to start the day with. Leo is busy exploring that landscape. A few miles to the east in a dense wooded swamp, he finds tracks heading north, but nothing definitive. Above the Bonaparte, Rufus is trying to smell something other than unbathed mercenary. There is a whiff of the unfamiliar that he can almost trace. All he can get is that it is unrecognizable and it was close by recently.

He starts to follow his nose north when the professor gets on the radio, "We've found a pretty extensive tunnel network down here. Also, surprisingly well ventilated, so we're going to probably spend the rest of the day down here. If we don't come up until sundown, get started on dinner without us. Rufus, you still get first beer of the night."

Most of you take the message with stride, but Murdoc hardly pays attention, instead he is following a long trail that started north of the camp heading west. It is as if someone had carved a small shallow trough through the muddy floor. Whatever has done this has also spooked all the wildlife in the area. Whatever Murdoc is following is leading him someplace. His power armor moves nimbly along the trail until he reaches his target, his opposite. Instead of power legs that can skip through dense woods, it has the base of a snake, coiled tight so that its pilots body is looming over the techno-warrior. It raises a large pistol at Murdoc's chest. "Nice PA. Step out of it and put your hands up, or I'll reduce it to scrap."

Back at the camp, the morning calm is disrupted by the sound of something barging its way through the trees. It becomes visible clearly, a large vehicle that looks like crab. A plows its way through the swamp on four legs. It stops in front of the Bonaparte leaving everyone speechless. Then its speakers blare: Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Grave Digger
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:04 pm
Location: AGM: Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d100 = 60 1d20 = 5
Init: 1d20+8 = 28
Attacks: 9

Murdoc knows his assets and doesn't spend a moment deciding what to do. He jukes to throw off the barrel leveled at him and then he's off like a shot. Which is exactly what he's trying to beat as he takes off at a run back the way he came. He attempts to put some distance between him and the Sploog minion. At some point in his flight, Murdoc kicks on the team frequency and blurts out, "Sploog slavers in the swamp! I'm on the run. Trying to loose'm." Fracking Sploog. Wak would be tearing this guy a new asshole by now. He draws his Phase sword as he cuts into the trees.

1. Dodge: 1d20+14 = 18
2-9. RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)

Auto-Dodge: 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 4, 1d20 = 12, 1d20 = 2, 1d20 = 9, 1d20 = 3
and Dodge as needed: 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 15
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 79
JIC(20): 1d20 = 16

Current Conditions (at end of post; format is minutes:seconds): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed); Spinning Blades: 1:00

This round only: +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23 +6 (Sixth Sense bonus; only applies this round) = 29 total Initiative

Actions
1. Position for cover, brief radio warning, and draw knife
2. Spinning Blades (begin casting)
3. Spinning Blades (spell takes efffect)
4. Called Shot at weapon system (begin)
5. Called Shot at weapon system (takes effect)
6. Contingency

Attacks:
1. Called Shot at weapon on head: to hit 1d20 = 20 (NAT 20) +2 (not that it matters) ; damage: 5d6+3 = 18 x2 (crit) = 36 MD
2. non-vehicle target (contingency): to hit 1d20+2 = 4 MISS; damage 5d6+3 = 18 MD

Automatic Dodges (if needed):
1d20+4 = 16
1d20 = 20
1d20+4 = 10
1d20+4 = 10
1d20+4 = 20
1d20+4 = 5

Parries from Spinning Blades (if needed):
Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
1d20 = 13 +6 for melee= 19 +2 (sixth sense) = 21 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile =15 +2 (sixth sense) = 17
1d20 = 16 +6 for melee= 22 +2 (sixth sense) = 24 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 18 +2 (sixth sense) = 20
1d20 = 2 +6 for melee= 8 +2 (sixth sense) = 10; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 4 +2 (sixth sense) = 6
1d20 = 14 +6 for melee= 20 +2 (sixth sense) = 22; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 16 +2 (sixth sense) = 18
1d20 = 2 +6 for melee= 8+2 (sixth sense) = 10 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 4 +2 (sixth sense) = 6
1d20 = 4 +6 for melee= 10 +2 (sixth sense) = 12 ; +2 for energy blast/projectile = 6 +2 (sixth sense) = 8





Grave Digger wrote:Dig Me Out
    Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
    Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
    Weather: 66°, light clouds

Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.

What are your intentions?


False dichotomy? No thanks! thinks the Amaki as he draws one of his throwing knives and duck behind the Bonaparte to put it between himself and the Templar's opponents. He will quickly speak into his radio: "Leo, need you NOW! Professor, STAY PUT!", and then cast Spinning Blades upon himself for protection.

He will then fire his rifle at a specific target: the weapon(s) on the "head" of the vehicle (OOC: AGM mentioned these as visible in chat). "Not today, Splugorth scum!" he shouts.

Contingencies

If his Spinning Blades spell is somehow prevented from being cast (i.e. his spell is disrupted), Sal will cast a quick Armor Bizarre on himself.

Sal will not parry or dodge while casting

If an opponent exits the vehicle or another one appears that hasn't been already seen (and is not in a vehicle), Sal will shoot at them as his final action. He will not just shoot "at the vehicle" (i.e. main body) as he's pretty sure his small arms won't do a whole lot to the main body of an M.D.C. armored vehicle (that's what the Bonaparte is for).

If there is no visible opponent who isn't in the vehicle, Sal will begin to cast Fire Globe for his final action (should finish the first action of next round).




Spinning Blades
Range: Up to 60' per level when used as a ranged attack; otherwise, personal range.
Duration: One melee round per level of experience or until used up in offensive attacks.
Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blade.
Saving Throw: Parry (when applicable) and dodge.
P.P.E.: Twenty
The Spinning Blades spell temporarily transforms an ordinary knife or short sword (S.D.C. or M.D. blade) into a magical weapon of defense and/or destruction. The enchanted weapon floats in the air and one new, additional blade appears for each level of the spell caster, creating a circular fan of blades. The blades then spin in place near the mage, waiting for use. Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
When used as an offensive weapon, the fan of blades can be sent hurling like a single buzz-saw blade at a single target. This attack is impossible to parry (although a dodge can be attempted) and inflicts double damage (2D6 M.D. times the total number of blades)! Maximum range is 60 feet per level of experience. The magic blades disappear after they strike, which means if the buzz-saw attack misses, the mage can mentally direct the weapon to try to strike again. Each buzz-saw strike counts as one of the spell caster's own melee actions. A pair of dueling sorcerers sending this attack against each other will cause a clash of blades that negates each other. An alternative attack is to fire each of the blades like rocketed projectiles, one at a time or in pairs (pairs count as one melee attack). Each firing of the blades counts as one melee attack/action, but has an impressive range of 100 feet per level of the spell caster. Once the magical blade (or pair of blades) is fired, it disappears after it has hit or missed; +3 to strike (no other bonuses applicable), but can be dodged or parried. Note: Shooting blades can be used with the Ricochet spell, but only with a single blade at a time.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 118/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:56 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 84

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 33

Combat actions

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7

APM: 6

Action 1: Run to camp, ask for report
Action 2: Leap on top of tank; "IT'S SHOWTIME!"
Action 3: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 19; Damage 3d6 = 13 + 6d6 = 18 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 4: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 18; Damage 3d6 = 7 + 6d6 = 23 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 10 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 5: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 13; Damage 3d6 = 7 + 6d6 = 15 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 20 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 6: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 9; Damage 3d6 = 13 + 6d6 = 17 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+8 = 24; 2) 1d20+8 = 12; 3) 1d20+8 = 24; 4) 1d20+8 = 17; 5) 1d20+8 = 9; 6) 1d20+8 = 23

Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 13; 2) 1d20+2 = 21; 3) 1d20+2 = 14; 4) 1d20+2 = 13; 5) 1d20+2 = 20; 6) 1d20+2 = 19





Leo is in his own head as he walks the perimeter, guarding against attack - he's meant to be on the lookout, but part of him is just taking in the feeling of freedom, and in the process he apparently has wandered a bit away from the actual perimeter and into the swamp somehow.

Suddenly, his reverie is interrupted by comms chatter.

Murdoc wrote:"Sploog slavers in the swamp! I'm on the run. Trying to loose'm."


Sal wrote:"Leo, need you NOW! Professor, STAY PUT!"


His first thought is a moment of panic - his hand begins shaking as he thinks They've found me already1

The moment passes quickly. He shoulders his hammer and begins hauling ass back to camp. Got to protect the others!

"On my way! - Murdoc, report - how many of what did you see?"

As he races back to camp, his mind likewise races. I thought I'd lost them! How did they track me so fast? No matter - they won't take me again! Nor my new friends! I've come so far - I WON'T GO BACK NOW!

As he barrels into camp, and spots the enemy tank, he hefts his hammer and shouts "IT'S SHOWTIME!" before immediately attacking. He leaps upon the tank, and, prioritizing attacks that will either get him inside or disable the main weapon, he begins hammering away.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 15
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9
APM: 6


- PPE: 96 end of post / 136
Charge chainsaw - 15
Superhuman Strength - 10 / 6 min
Armor Bizarre - 15 / 6 min


Conditions:
Jump with SN strength:
57 feet of length with run / 22.8 ft no run
25.5 feet of height with run /10.2 ft no run
SDC: 94
PS: 30 sn - Inflicts 5d6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 3d6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 6d6 M.D. on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks). P.S. bonuses are added to S.D.C. attacks.
PE: 30 sn


Skills - N/A
Robot Combat: Basic - estimate movement arcs


Dhaltuun jumps when the bot comes out the tree line. ”What the frak/” He grabs the grip of his chainsaw, pumping in PPE, ready for trouble.

Grave Digger wrote: Back at the camp, the morning calm is disrupted by the sound of something barging its way through the trees. It becomes visible clearly, a large vehicle that looks like crab. A plows its way through the swamp on four legs. It stops in front of the Bonaparte leaving everyone speechless. Then its speakers blare: Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.


There is a flurry of activity once the voice speaks. Seeing Murdoc take off and Sal casting, Dhaltuun makes his move. ’Marcella,Cat!! Find cover.” He then casts Superhuman Strength on himself. With a yell ’FOR NJORD!!, Dhaltuun pulls his TW chainsaw and fires a CS Hvy grenade at the crab thing. As soon as the grenade leaves his weapon, Dhaltuun takes a few steps and, using his new strength, leaps at the crab, chainsaw blade spinning, aiming for the front pilot area. Just as he is about to hit the apex of his leap, he casts Armor Bizarre. As he lands, ’Jesse!! Time to breach!!” He will aim a couple of chainsaw hits on the window, trying to use the grenade impact area as a start to cut there. ’Look alive, laddies!!! The Templars are coming for ya!”




APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16

A1) Superhuman Strength
Range: Self or others by touch.
Duration : 12 melee rounds (6 min) +2 rds (30 seconds) per level
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Ten
magically gives
Sn P.S. 30
P.E. of 24
+30 S.D.C.
Supernatural strength, endurance and bonuses last for the duration of the magic.

A2) Fire TW chainsaw grenade launcher - Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 / Damage: 4d6 = 12 to a 6 ft radius /

A3) Cast Armor Bizarre
Range: Self or one other up to 30 feet (9 m) away.
Duration: 6 mins (24 rds) + 1 min (4 melee rounds) per level
Saving Throw: To save vs Horror Factor only.
P.P.E.: Fifteen
Like the Armor of Ithan spell, Armor Bizarre creates a suit of magical form-fitting force to serve as armor / provides 90 M.D.C. / appears to be composed of dozens to hundreds of writhing tentacles, pulsating slime, or crawling worms.
This magical illusion provides a Horror Factor of 12
Anyone fighting an opponent in Armor Bizarre is automatically distracted by the moving parts (-I on initiative) and must make a save vs Horror Factor at the beginning of every melee round. A failed roll means the usual Horror Factor penalties.

A4) Chainsaw strike: 1d20+9 = 16 / Damage: 5d6+6 = 26 + SN PS 3d6 = 14
A5) Chainsaw strike: 1d20+9 = 19 / Damage: 5d6+6 = 22 + SN PS 3d6 = 6

A6) reserve for dodge 1d20+8 = 14
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 21
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17 (additional +1 with NG-45LP)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 172/242 at the end of this post

Rufus can't help but chuckle as the Splugorth minions from within the crab-bot make their ultimatum. Have you met us? No, of course you haven't. Otherwise you know we're going to opt for the hard way.

He clears his throat. "Attention future smoldering wreckage! You forgot Option #3 -- also known as the 'go jebemti yourself' option. Here, we'll remind you!" He activates an armor spell and uses his ring to turn invisible before taking flight and casting an adhesion spell right behind it. "Jason! Leo! Knock it backwards! Everyone else, try to disable its weapons or crack it open so we can get to creamy center!"


Combat Shenanigans
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 80/77%

1.) tell minions to go have sex with themselves/cast Armor of Ithan. 60 MDC, 6 minute duration. (10 PPE)
2.) activate Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining; Duration: 18 minutes
3 & 4.) cast Fliy as the Eagle -- Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 120 minutes (25 PPE)
5.) cast Carpet of Adhesion right behind crab bot/radio teammates. 15 minute duration. (10 PPE)
6.) shoot with NG-45LP (trying to hit leg/weapon/sensor areas if possible). Strike: 1d20+3 = 17; 5d6 = 16 M.D.
7.) reserved for dodging while flying. Dodge: 1d20+9 = 11

Auto-parries: 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 25
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 62

Grave Digger wrote:Back at the camp, the morning calm is disrupted by the sound of something barging its way through the trees. It becomes visible clearly, a large vehicle that looks like crab. A plows its way through the swamp on four legs. It stops in front of the Bonaparte leaving everyone speechless. Then its speakers blare: Attention future chattel. I am Diddi, communications officer for the S.S.S. Giggler-

The voice cuts of and there is a rattling noise before a gruffer voice takes over: Knock it off you damned dirty ape. Give me the mic... Alright, this is real simple. My name is Koko. We are scouts for a Splugorth slaving ship. You have two options. First, you can surrender and be processed peacefully. If you have any talents, you will put to good use in Atlantis. It will be bearable. Otherwise, you can fight. Then, you will processed for chum to feed other slaves that came in peacefully.


Jason quickly decides peaceful surrender is not in the cards. Communications Officer? they're just a scout then.. He is about to cover the crawler with plasma when others go for close contact. He loads AP and sends his own answer to the slavers with a shout over the radio, "On the way!" Jason fires the 105mm cannon. Jason feels the rush of exhilaration feeling his partner speak. With other Templar using Bonaparte for cover, Jason can't use the VHT's maneuverability. He calls over the radio a second time, "Get to cover on its flanks and smash any radio antennas you see." as the autoloader cycles to chamber his last AP load. Jason switches Bonaparte's radio and does a quick scan for the slaver's channel. He leaves his armor radio on the Templar's channel. Jason fires again once the cannon is ready and switches to battloid mode. He attempts to parry any attacks with the VHT's powerful shields. If the crab-tank closes Jason will grapple with it, trying to force it back. If not he runs and rams into it, trying to push it away from the Templar using Bonaparte for cover and onto Rufus' trap..

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 8
Actions: 8
1: Fire AP at the crab-tank 1d20+8 = 12 to-hit, 3d6*10 = 110MD
2: Call to Templar
3: Look for slaver signals
4: Fire AP at the crab-tank 1d20+8 = 11 to-hit, 3d6*10 = 130MD
5: Transform to battloid
6&7: Body Block/Ram: 1d20+8 = 24 to-hit. 2d6 = 10MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 38
8: Dodge the carper of adhesion if he screws up the ram 1d20+9 = 12
Parry rolls: 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 22

((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 43 )) finding slaver frequency
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Initiative Order
Sal: 29 Sixth Sense
Murdoc: 28
Rufus: 18
Daltuun 9 Stop posting multiple Initiatives!
Jason: 8
Leo: 7


MAP:
Image

The Green are dense trees and semi-solid ground. Rufus is near Bonaparte, I forgot him on the map.

Action One
Jojo: Scan area: 28% Good Stealth negated.
Didi: Radio boss. 04% Reinforcements are inbound. 2-3 Melees
Bubba: Attempt to snag Murdoc. Strike: 18 Murdoc Barely Dodges.
Sal: Position for cover, brief radio warning, and draw knife
Murdoc: Dodge: 18
Rufus: tell minions to go have sex with themselves/cast Armor of Ithan. 60 MDC, 6 minute duration. (10 PPE)
Jessie: Move to attack Bubba.
Daltuun Tell minion/familiar to run, Cast Superhuman Strength.
Jason: Fire AP at the crab-tank Strike: 12; Damage: 110 M.D. (Dodge attempt: 20)
Leo: Run to camp, ask for report
Koko: Pilot Cerax up 60 feet into the air.


From the Kittani Crab-like Tank, some things happen. Anyone actively looking at their radar can tell they have been hard pinged and are very much seen by the vehicle. Almost immediately afterwards anyone scanning radio frequencies can tell an encrypted message was just sent to parts unknown. The serpentine power armor in front of Murdoc, attempts to grab him, but the former juicer turned headhunter barely manages to twist out of it’s grasp. Sal draws one of his throwing knives and dives for cover behind Bonaparte, he quickly yells into the team frequency "Leo, need you NOW! Professor, STAY PUT!" Leo definitely gets the message, but it is unclear if the Professor or his team get it. Rufus smugly replies "Attention future smoldering wreckage! You forgot Option number three -- also known as the 'go jebemti yourself' option. Here, we'll remind you!" Before quickly casing an armor spell. Jessie, high in the air, begins flying towards the Serpentine armor and Murdoc, intent on doing something. Dhaltuun yells. ”Marcella,Cat!! Find cover.” Before casting a spell that increases his strength. Jason inside of Bonaparte, decides to start off with a strong showing of power, firing an Armor Penetrating Shell from Bonaparte’s main gun. Jason’s face goes a little slack when the Crab-Like Tank-Thing basically leaps into the air and makes itself fly to a height of sixty feet, effectively taking it out of melee range with the group, while affording itself a wide zone of fire for it’s weapons.

Action Two
Jojo: Watch the Radar
Didi: Scan the channels
Bubba: Chase Murdoc
Sal: Spinning Blades (begin casting)
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: Activate Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining; Duration: 18 minutes
Jessie:
Daltuun Fire TW chainsaw grenade launcher - Strike: 15; Damage: 12 (6’ radius)
Jason: Call to Templar
Leo: Leap on top of tank; "IT'S SHOWTIME!" (Check height of jump, 22’ shy of target)
Koko: Fire Auto Guns at Bonaparte. Strike: 18; Damage: 30 MD (Dodge of 12 failed)


The serpentine power armor begins to chase Murdoc, who is a bit more agile than it. Sal begins casting a spell with a bit of wordy incantation and hand gestures, from his spot behind Bonaparte. Murdoc continues running from the power armor, towards the rest of the team. Rufus concentrates for a brief second and vanishes like a small humanoid at a one hundred and eleventh birthday party. Jessie nears the Serpentine Armor, preparing to attack it with her enchanted longsword. Dhaltuun screams ”FOR NJORD!” and fires a grenade at the flying crab vehicle, scoring a hit and dealing a bit of damage. Jason send out a radio call to the Templar. "Get to cover on its flanks and smash any radio antennas you see." Leo attempts to leap onto the vehicle but finds his height is considerably off, bringing back down to the earth beneath it. ”That wasn’t very nice, I guess we do it the hard way.” Comes out over the crab tank-vehicle thingy external speakers before it fires a pair of auto-guns at Bonaparte. Pocking the hovertanks armor with small dents.

Action Three
Jojo: Continues watching Radar.
Didi: Radios ground team.
Bubba: Attacks Jessie with Plasma Axe. Strike: 21; Damage: 30 MD (Parry: 12)
Sal: Spinning Blades (spell takes efffect)
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: cast Fly as the Eagle (Start Casting)
Jessie: Attack the PA with Longsword. Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 46 MD
Daltuun Cast Armor Bizarre
Jason: Look for slaver signals (Electronic Countermeasures--92%/43%)
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 19; Damage 31 Gavitic Wave Damage: 40 (20' area). (Move to attack Serpent Armor)
Koko: Fire Autoguns at Bonaparte. Strike: 13; Damage 14 (No dodge)


The serpent power armor sees the incoming Valkyrie and takes a swing at her with his double bladed plasma axe, Jessie tries to catch the blow on her shield but doesn’t get the timing right and suffers a rather brutal blow to her torso. Sal’s spell comes to life as he’s surrounded by several copies of the throwing knife that was once in his hand. Murdoc continues to run, seeing the crew in a fight against a flying crab tank-vehicle thingy. Rufus begins the incantation to fly, but it’s a wordy spell and it takes time. Jessie returns the attack against her in kind carving a wicked line across the power armors torso with her enchanted longsword. Dhaltuun quickly tosses out an incantation that finds him covered in squiggling tentacles and slimy excess. Jason takes a few brief moments to find a signal that the slavers may be using, he’s not sure if it’s luck or providence, but he does find an encrypted channel they are likely using. But he can’t understand anything as it is scrambled. Leo, not being able to go after his first target, moves to attack the serpent power armor that is relatively close by. The flying tank fires another burst from it’s chest mounted autoguns, doing minor damage to Bonaparte.


Action Four
Jojo: Continue watching the Radar.
Didi: Try and find the Templar’s radio. (ECM: 73% fail)
Bubba: Back up and fire two Fragmentation Mini-Missles at Jessie and Leo. (Strike 6 & 2; Damage: 18+16=34 MD) (Dodge: Jessie: Nat 1 (Roll w/ 18), Leo: Auto: 13)
Sal: Called Shot at weapon system (begin)
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: cast Fly as the Eagle (Finish Casting)
Jessie: Turns Invisible.
Daltuun Give Orders; Chainsaw strike: 16; Damage: 40
Jason: Fire AP at the crab-tank Strike: 11; Damage: 130 MD (Dodge: 17)
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 18; Damage 30 MD, Gravity Wave Damage: 10 (20' area)
Koko: Fire Autoguns at Bonaparte. Strike: 16; Damage: 25 (No dodge)


The serpentine armor lurches backwards putting approximately twenty-five feet of distance between itself and the approaching Leo and Jessie. It points it’s shield at the duo and lets loose a pair of mini-missiles at near point blank range. Jessie is struck directly by one while the other detonates underneath her, Leo dives out of the way of the shrapnel, while Jessie kinda rolls with the explosion. Sal decides to take aim at the head weapons of the enemy vehicle, trying to line up the perfect shot. Murdoc reaches the group, and skids to a halt. Rufus finishes his spell and feels the flying magic take hold. Jessie vanishes from sight. Dhaltuun yells. ’Jesse!! Time to breach!!” but finds himself also without a viable target, Dhaltuun starts slowly making his way towards the fight he can get to. Leo charges and swings his hammer at the serpentine armor, the power armor attempts to parry with his shield, but fails to get it up in time. The shockwave is impressive.

Action Five
Jojo: Continue using Radar.
Didi: Scan for Templar frequency (ECM: 42%; Found)
Bubba: Attack Leo with Plasma Axe. Strike: 13; Damage: 20 (Parry: 23)
Sal: Called Shot at weapon system (takes effect) Strike: NAt 20; Damage: 36 MD
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: cast Carpet of Adhesion right behind crab bot/radio teammates. 15 minute duration. (10 PPE)
Jessie: Start heading back to Dhaltuun
Daltuun Chainsaw strike: 19: Damage: 28 MD
Jason: Transform to battloid
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 13; Damage 22 MD; Gravity Wave Damage: 20 (20' area) (Parry: 17)


The serpentine armor attempts to attack Leo with it’s plasma axe, but Leo manages to bring his hammer in the way, parrying the weapon aside. Sal fires and strikes the weapon mounted to the head of the vehicle, destroying it easily. Rufus casts the Carpet of Adhesion under the enemy vehicle. "Jason! Leo! Knock it backwards! Everyone else, try to disable its weapons or crack it open so we can get to creamy center!" Comes over the radio from Rufus. Jason works the controls and transforms Bonaparte into it’s humanoid mech form. Leo takes another swing at the serpentine armor, and finds himself also parried away.

Action Six
Bubba: Attack Leo with Plasma axe. Strike: 13; Damage: 20 (Parry: 12)
Sal: Sal will begin to cast Fire Globe.
Murdoc: RUN (in the PA top speed is 180 mph minus obstacles)
Rufus: shoot with NG-45LP. Strike: 17; Damage: 16 M.D.
Daltuun reserve for dodge: 14
Jason: Body Block/Ram: Strike: 24; Damage: 10 M.D. (Knockdown 60% chance.)
Leo: Strike tank hatch or turret with gravity wave maul Strike: 9; Damage 30 MD; Gravity Wave Damage: 40 MD (20' area) (Parry: 16)


The serpent armor manages to catch Leo with a blow to the side with it’s plasma axe dealing the Titan juicer’s armor a minor rent. Sal begins another lengthy incantation, while Rufus takes a shot at the flying tank, it seems to not be paying Rufus any attention. Jason moves Bonapart into the air and slams into the flying tank, which it take in stride. Leo swings once more, but finds the power armor pilot is a skilled melee combatant.

GM Notes: I advise you to not use your skills as reserved for dodge, just post a list of dodge, up to your maximum number of attacks. Like Leo did. Also, contingencies are good for you, as it makes it so you don’t lose out on auctions due to the combat changing drastically like say a suddenly flying target not being in range for melee attacks. Any questions, feel free to IM me or Grave Digger.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc:
Sal: Spinning Blades (1 minute), -20 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) 136/195 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 43/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun Superhuman Strength (3 minutes), Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (6 minutes), -1 grenade, -25 P.P.E.
Rufus: AOI: 60/60 (6 minutes.), Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (18 minutes), -10 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -43 MDC
Cerax: (Main Body) -38 MDC, Head Laser (Destroyed)
Serpent PA: (Main Body) -86 MDC, all other locations: -10 M.D.C., -2 Fragmentation Mini-Missiles. Note: -1 attack next round due to parry.


Combat posts, Round 2
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7
APM: 6


- PPE: 96 end of post / 136

Superhuman Strength - 3 min
Armor Bizarre - 3 min


Conditions:
Jump: 57 ft long with run / 22.8 ft no run / 25.5 ft high with run /10.2 ft no run
SDC: 94
PS: 30 sn
PE: 30 sn


Skills - N/A
Performance 30% / 1d100 = 75 coat swirling

”House of Glass (12)”
Range: Up to 100 feet away.
Damage: Special.
Duration : One minute per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Standard; gods are immune to this spell.
P.P.E.: Twelve
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . . . "
While hackneyed, this saying sums up the spel l ' s effect. The recipient of this magic appears to turn into living glass, but suffers no damage, only a strange, semi-transparent appearance. It is not until the victim of this magic attacks the spell caster that the enchanted individual learns the effect of this magic. The victim of this spell can not harm the spell caster without suffering identical damage in return! Any harm the victim inflicts on the mage is also visited upon him. Thus, an enchanted mercenary who fires a laser rifle at the spell caster and inflicts 22 M.D., will automatically suffer 22 M.D. in return. The damage is always identical, so if the mage suffered damage to his armor (magical or physical body armor), the sarne damage will be inflicted on his enchanted attacker. If the damage was to physical M.D.lHit Points, the attacker will suffer the same damage in the same location. Similarly, if the attacker is a fellow mage, and he casts a Speed of the Snail spell upon the other mage, he too will be affected by his own magic. Of course, the returning attack may offer greater or lesser consequences to the attacker depending on the situation and the two combatants. If the spell caster is killed, his victim will see his own Hit Points knocked down to I D4, fall to his knees and suffer from weakness (all attacks, speed, bonuses and skills reduced by halt); a near death experience. Of course, other enemies may take advantage of his incredibly weakened state!
If the sorcerer' s attacker is killed or put in a coma, the spell ends immediately.



Post -
Dhaltuun looks up and curses. Hearing the fight nearby, he looks. When he sees Jessie hit, he loses it. Dhaltuun lets out a bellow ’JESSIE!!” and slings his chainsaw before he targets the Serpentine PA. Using one hand to sling his chainsaw, Dhaltuun uses his other hand to draw his Bigbore flintlock. With a swirling spin with his coat as a distraction, Dhaltuun aims a shot at the PA. Hoping the weapon lives up to its rep, he fires. As soon as the weapon fires, Dhaltuun spins the opposite direction, again using coat as a distraction. Once the spin is done Dhaltuun is on one knee, holding his flintlock at the ready as well. ''That's right, ass hat. Look at me.’ Letting out a breathe, Dhaltuun waits for a good shot before pulling the trigger again

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 7

A1) bellow and sling chainsaw
A2) Cast house of glass on PA
A3) draw buccaneer flintlock
A4) shoot at PA - Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 / Damage: 1d6 = 3+KD?
A5) Draw firebolt flintlock
A6) pull trigger - - Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 / Damage: 4d6 = 17

Dodges: 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 14,
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:24 am

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 65 1d20 = 17
Init: 1d20+9 = 10
Attacks: 9

Murdoc chuckles as he skids to a stop. Stupid trees. I thought I was further away from the main group. With a quick glance at the scattered team, he's determined to bring the crab-tank back to the ground where more of the team can get to it. Leveling his rifle at the crab-tank, Murdoc fires a series of triple fire bursts. Then, taking the time to reposition himself, moves (or dodges) to the east. Distancing himself away from Bonaparte so the crab-tank doesn't have a nice group of Templar members to fire on all at once, he unleashes another barrage of triple fire bursts at the airborne tank.
"I wonder if I can get up there." He says to himself as he thinks about the grenade on his harness.

If the tank returns to the ground, Murdoc will continue to unload on it.
If the tank appears to be dead, Murdoc will move to aid Leo with the Snake PA that he ran from not too long ago.

1. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 7 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 24 MD
2. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 17 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 26 MD
3. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 22 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 30 MD
4. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 12 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 29 MD
5. move east and/or Dodge: 1d20+14 = 26
6. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 7 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 30 MD
7. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 26 MD
8. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 9 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 29 MD
9. reload

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 4, 1d20+2 = 17, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 6, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 7, 1d20+2 = 15
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:16 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/49% CRIT success
JIC(100): 1d100 = 25
JIC(20): 1d20 = 20

Current Conditions (at end of post; format is minutes:seconds): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed); Spinning Blades: 00:45

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 19

Actions
1. Abandon Fire Globe casting and resume firing at Creax (3 shot pulse): 1d20+1 = 21 to hit (NAT 20); (1d6*10)+6 = 56x2 = 112 M.D.
2. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 19 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 56 M.D.
3. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 14 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 26 M.D.
4. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 4 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 16 M.D.
5. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 18 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 46 M.D.
6. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: 1d20+1 = 5 to hit; (1d6*10)+6 = 26 M.D.; warn group, recharge rifle (please ignore this action; Sal will recharge his rifle with PPE instead)

Automatic Dodges (if needed; Sal will use if Spinning Blades parry fails):
1d20+4 = 9
1d20+4 = 23
1d20+4 = 11
1d20+4 = 6
1d20+4 = 15
1d20+4 = 10

Parries from Spinning Blades (if needed):
Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
1d20 = 15 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 17 | +6 for melee attacks= 21
1d20 = 16 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 18 | +6 for melee attacks= 22
1d20 = 5 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 7 | +6 for melee attacks= 11
1d20 = 1 +2 for energy blast or projectile= FAIL | +6 for melee attacks= FAIL
1d20 = 4 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 6 | +6 for melee attacks= 10
1d20 = 1 +2 for energy blast or projectile= FAIL | +6 for melee attacks= FAIL




The Amaki decides to change tactics and cancels his Fire Globe before he finishes it.

No need; I've got the rifle for direct damage he thinks as he unloads on the Creax (OOC: rolls above).

"Templar, be on the lookout for any potential reinforcements it could have called in" he warns on the team frequency as he empties the P.P.E. of the rifle and pumps in another 40 to recharge it.

Contingency

If attacked in melee, Sal will disengage from the Creax, cast a quick Armor Bizarre for extra protection, and focus on his attacker.

If the Creax is taken out, Sal will engage with the nearest enemy and focus fire on them instead.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 118/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:26 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 98

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 91

Combat actions

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 3

APM: 6

Action 1: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 20; Damage 3d6 = 5 + 6d6 = 23 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 30 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 2: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 5 (nat. 1!); Damage 3d6 = 6 + 6d6 = 17 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 20 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 3: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 23; Damage 3d6 = 5 + 6d6 = 16 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 4: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 10; Damage 3d6 = 14 + 6d6 = 11 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 10 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 5: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 12; Damage 3d6 = 10 + 6d6 = 24 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 20 to 20' area gravitic wave
Action 6: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 23; Damage 3d6 = 8 + 6d6 = 19 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 10 to 20' area gravitic wave

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+8 = 16; 2) v; 3) 1d20+8 = 11; 4) 1d20+8 = 28; 5) 1d20+8 = 15; 6) 1d20+8 = 25

Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 12; 2) 1d20+2 = 15; 3) 1d20+2 = 12; 4) 1d20+2 = 18; 5) 1d20+2 = 8; 6) 1d20+2 = 15




With the Creax flying out of his reach, for now, and the Serpentine PA in his face, Leo resigns himself to putting the immediate opponent down first. I can get up there with my jetpack, but the others are shooting it and I'll just foul their aim. Better to just take out this guy first. Hefting his hammer, he squares off against this guy.

"You came here lookin' for slaves? Bad call." though his hand is shaking involuntarily, Leo is not afraid. He's angry. and he tries to vent his rage on this Serpentine PA, hammering away at it with blow after blow of impacts that send shockwaves into the ground and trees beyond. If at any point the Serpent PA goes down for the count, Leo will charge at one of the Creax's legs, hoping to hobble it with his hammer.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 41
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 8 (+3 with +1 for weapons)
APM: 7

Conditions:
- PPE: 172/242 at the end of this post
- Ring of Invisibility: 9.75 minutes/39 melees remaining, 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle is active. 50mph flight speed. Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 119.75 minutes/479 melees remaining
- NG-45LP: 7/8 shots remaining in clip
- Armor of Ithan is active. 60/60 MDC; 5.75 minutes/23 melees remaining

Rufus snarls as the robot lifts up off the ground. Of course it can fly. Waste of a good adhesion spell. Or, maybe not yet... he muses as he holsters his main pistol in favor of another he picked up a while back but so far hasn't used. The manual says it can short out electrical systems -- let's have a look at those thrusters. He swoops down below the robot (though not directly underneath, because reasons) to get a better look at whatever's keeping it in the air.

"Alright, kreteni..." he growls as he draws a bead on the thrusters. "I'm officially calling this a 'no-fly' zone -- aside from roguishly handsome Kankorans, that is! Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!!!!"

Combat Shenanigans that Ensue
Actions:
1.) Holster NG-45LP
2.) Draw Empress Heavy Ion Pistol (Patron Item)
3-5.) Aimed/called shot to one of the main thrusters. Strike: 1d20+9 = 19 (+3 WP skill, +3 Aimed bonus, +3 weapon bonus); Damage: 6d6 = 18 MD + possible EMP effect
6-7.) Called shot to another one of the main thrusters. Strike: EP crit; Damage: 6d6 = 23 MD + possible EMP effect

Dodges while flying if needed: 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 29

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 25

Notes on Empress Heavy Ion Pistol:
• Range: 600'
• Damage: 6d6+2 + possible EMP effect
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: 8 shots per E-clip
• Modifiers: +1 to initiative, +3 to strike, critical strike on Natural 17-20
• Features:
☞ Custom Grip
☞ Laser Targeting
☞ EMP effect: a localized EMP discharge from a called shot against any electrical, cybernetic, or bionic location struck will disable that location/item for 1d6 melee rounds.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 38

Great, the damn thing can fly and its in contact with someone else. Well, no one is close to it now.

Jason used the VHT's legendary mobility to transform to tank mode as he lands, careful to stay clear of Rufus' trap. He target's the crab tank with the 105 and sees how it likes a dose of high yield plasma. He bounces Bonaparte to the side, landing and firing a burst from the ion pulse cannon. With the pulse cannon he tries to keep his shots on the upper side of the enemy, trying to force him to dodge downwards and towards the carpet of adhesion. With each bounce, Bonaparte moves sideways to make a harder target. During one bounce he tells the Templar that it is in contact with someone, echoing Salomon's warning.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 21
Actions: 8
1: Transform to tank mode.
2: fire a plasma round at the Creax. 1d20+8 = 26 to hit, 2d8*10 = 90MD to 25' area, fire burns for 1d6+1 = 2min causing additional 4d8 = 21MD/min
3: Bounce
4: Fire pulse cannon at Creax 1d20+8 = 27 to hit, 1d6*10 = 20 MD
5: Bounce and warning Templar of Creax's signal
6: Fire pulse cannon at Creax 1d20+8 = 17 to hit, 1d6*10 = 60 MD
7: Bounce
8:Fire pulse cannon at Creax 1d20+8 = 15 to hit, 1d6*10 = 50 MD
Dodge as needed: 1:1d20+9 = 162:1d20+9 = 25, 3:1d20+9 = 10, 4:1d20+9 = 26, 5:1d20+9 = 20, 6:1d20+9 = 14, 7:1d20+9 = 10, 8:1d20+9 = 24

Contingency: If the Creax tries to close to melee, Jason will use Bonaparte to grapple with it and try to force it into the carpet of adhesion.
1: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 26 to hit, 2d6 = 7MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 38
2: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 23 to hit, 2d6 = 4MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 79
3: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 11 to hit, 2d6 = 9MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 84
4: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 25 to hit, 2d6 = 10MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 21
5: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 14 to hit, 2d6 = 6MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 70
6: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 18 to hit, 2d6 = 3MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 1
7: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 23 to hit, 2d6 = 5MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 38
8: Body block/tackle: 1d20+8 = 25 to hit, 2d6 = 10MD, 60% chance of knockdown 1d100 = 21
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Initiative Order
Sal: 19
Murdoc: 10
Rufus: 8
Daltuun 7 Stop posting multiple Initiatives!
Jason: 21
Leo: 3


Action One:
Jason: Transform to tank mode.
Sal: Abandon Fire Globe casting and resume firing at Creax (3 shot pulse): Strike: 21 (Nat 20); Damage: 112 M.D.
Jessie: Move to Dhaltuun as per last order.
Jojo: Read Sensory Equipment (16%) Stealth negated.
Koko: Fire Auto guns at Sal. (Strike: 13; Damage: 23) (Parried by Spinning Blades)
Murdoc: Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 7; Dmg: 24 MD.
Didi: Radio superiors.
Rufus: Holster NG-45LP
Daltuun: bellow and sling chainsaw
Leo Strike with gravity wave maul Strike: 20; Damage: 28 (Gravitic Damage: 30 to 20’ Radius) (Parry attempted and failed.)
Bubba Strike Leo with Plasma Axe. Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 60 MD (neither Parry or Dodge succeed)


Jason switches Bonapart from a humanoid robot back into a tank. Sal decides against casting his spell, and goes on a shooting spree, scoring a decent hit on the vehicles armored plating. Jessie, still invisible, moves towards Dhaltuun. ”What now?” comes her disembodied voice. The crab shaped vehicle retaliates against the previous blow and fires a burst of auto-gun fire towards Sal. The magical blades parry the projectiles out of the way. Murdoc joins in the attack, firing a burst into the vehicle above, scoring a hit of his own. Rufus holsters his gun while formulating a new plan. Dhaltuun bellows ”Jessie!” while slinging his chainsaw. Leo swings his Gravity Maul at the Serpent armor, and while it tries to parry the blow, it is still caught with the blow, causing the subsequent shockwave. The Serpent Armor rears up. ”Damned bastard!” Swinging its plasma axe, it catches Leo’s armor in such a way that a great deal of damage is caused. Chunks of molten metal drip from the attack.

Action Two:
Jason: Fire a plasma round at the Creax. Strike: 26; Damage: 90 MD (25' area; fire burns 2 min causing additional 21 MD/min)
Sal Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: Strike: 19; Damage: 56 M.D.
Jessie Wait for orders?
Jojo Continue watching radar.
Koko Begin moving east (264’/action), Fire Autoguns at Sal: Strike: 5; Damage: 22 (Parried by Spinning Blades)
Murdoc Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 17; Dmg: 26 MD
Didi Jam Templar radio. (85%; Fail)
Rufus Draw Empress Heavy Ion Pistol (Patron Item
Daltuun Cast house of glass on PA (Nat 1 Save)
Leo Strike with gravity wave maul Strike: 5 [Make removable] (nat. 1!); Damage 23 M.D. (Gravitic Wave Damage: 20 to 20' area) (Doesn’t hit, manages to keep hands on hammer)
Bubba Begin retreat (176’ per action), Fire last 2 Frag missiles at Leo. Strike: 10, 15; Damage: 15, 18; (hit with second missile)


Jason fires a plasma round at the vehicle striking it soundly, it proceeds to burst into flames. Sal fires another burst and causes some damage to the vehicle with his mage-fire rifle. Jessie pretty much next to Dhaltuun speaks up once more. ”What?” The vehicle begins to high tail it east at a speed of about sixty miles an hour, but not before it takes one more parting shot at Sal, who’s magical defenses parry the shells. Murdoc scores another hit on the fleeing vehicle. The team begins to hear noise on their radios, but it’s minor and doesn’t affect anything really. Rufus draws his second sidearm, while Dhaltuun quickly casts House of Glass at the Serpent PA, It seems to take effect, but Dhaltuun won’t know for sure until it tries to attack him. Leo wildly swings his hammer, almost losing his grip and tossing it into the swamp. The Serpent Power Armor begins fleeing, but decides to try and hit Leo with a parting gift of mini-missiles. The Titan juicer manages to dodge one, but pretty much catches the other in his ribs.

Action Three:
Jason: Bounce
Sal 3. Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: Strike: 14: Damage: 26 M.D.
Jessie Move to attack Cerax.
Jojo Continue to watch Radar.
Koko Begin to flee (264’/action). Fire on Sal: Strike: 21; Damage: 24 MD (Parry and Dodge fail)
Murdoc Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 22; Dmg: 30 MD
Didi Jam radio: (71% Fail)
Rufus Aimed
Daltuun draw buccaneer flintlock
Leo Jet pack (440’/action) after the Serpent PA. (64%; Minor fail) Strike: 23; Damage 21 (Gravity Wave Damage: 40 to 20' area) (Parry: Nat 20)
Bubba Make way to rendezvous point (176’ per action).


Bonapart bounces to one side while Sal fires yet another burst at the vehicle, while Jessie begins moving towards it, not getting any real direction from her ‘master’. The Vehicle makes a brief 180 degree turn and fires one last burst towards Sal, surprisingly the spinning-blades and his own reflexes fail to get out of the way, and his armor takes a hit. Murdoc responds in kind for Sal, striking the vehicle with another burst. Again the team radioes get some feedback, but seem fine. Rufus begins aiming at the vehicles thrusters. Dhaltuun draws his Buccaneer flintlock. Leo chases after the Serpent PA with his jetpack. While his flight is a little wobbly, he manages to catch up and swing on the power armor. Whether it is providence or dumb luck the Serpent manages to very succiently parry the attack, while continuing it’s flight from the scene.

Action Four:
Jason: Fire pulse cannon at Creax Strike: 27; Damage: 20 MD
Sal Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: Strike: 4 (Nat 1); Damage: 16 M.D. (50% chance of hitting friendly target. 13% (1-50% Rufus, 51-100% Jessie; 17% Rufus)
Jessie Hold position, doesn’t want to get to far from group.
Jojo Continue to watch Radar.
Koko Continue Fleeing. (264’/action)
Murdoc Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 12; Dmg: 29 MD (Miss due to modifiers)
Didi Jam Radio (18% Radios Jammed)
Rufus Called
Daltuun shoot at PA - Strike: 8; Damage: 3 MD (Miss)
Leo Jet Pack (39%); Strike with gravity wave maul Strike: 10; Damage: 25 M.D. (Gravity Wave Damage: 10 M.D. to 20' area) (Parry Failed)
Bubba Continue running (176’ per action). Swing wild with axe. (Strike: 10; Damage: 40 M.D.) (parried)


Jason scores a hit on it with Boneparte’s pulse laser. Sal goes to make another shot, but somehow, some way, manages to catch Rufus’ invisible self with the blast. Luckily Rufus’ Armor of Ithan absorbs the blasts. Jessie slows up and hovers in place invisibly, seeing the vehicle fleeing, which is exactly what it does as it one-eighties again and flies farther away from the battlefield. Murdoc fires another burst but fails to connect. Suddenly there is a very loud squeal on the radio and the sounds of random electronic backwash make hearing anything impossible. Rufus undeterred continues to aim at his target. Dhaltuun fires the Big Bore pistol and heavily damages a tree. Leo gets his act together and flies straight and true while hammering at the Serpent, which connects as the Titan juicer gets through the Power Armor’s parry. The Serpent retaliates with a wild swing while fleeing, but Leo blocks the blow this time around.

Action Five:
Jason: Bounce and warning Templar of Creax's signal
Sal Fire 3 shot pulse at Creax: Strike: 18; Damage: 46 M.D.
Jessie Head back down towards Dhaltuun
Koko Continue Fleeing. (264’/action)
Murdoc move east
Rufus Aimed/called shot to thrusters. Strike: 19; Damage: 18 MD + possible EMP effect
Daltuun Draw firebolt flintlock
Leo Jet pack (98%) Strike with gravity wave maul Strike: 12; Damage: 34 MD (Gravity Wave Damage: 20 MD to 20' area) (Parried)


Bonaparte bounces another direction, while Jason tries to warn the Templar via the radio a moment too late. Sal recovers from his mishap and scores another hit on the fleeing vehicle, which is very quickly making it’s way out of range. Jessie decides to park herself next to Dhaltuun, becoming visible for his sake. The Vehicle now flatout fleeing, continues east. Murdoc makes his way in that direction, and while he’s fast he finds the sucking mud and water limit his speed. Rufus fires, scoring a hit at the last possible second for his pistol. He sees one of the four thrusters sputter and go out. Dhaltuun draws his Firebolt pistol with his off hand. While Leo tries to put down the Serpent, but finds his luck with the Jet Pack go up in smoke as he nose dives into the muck. Largely unharmed, save maybe his pride.

Action Six:
Jason: Fire pulse cannon at Creax Strike: 17; Damage: 60 M.D. (Dodge: 18)
Sal Sal will recharge his rifle with PPE
Murdoc Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 7; Dmg: 30 MD (Miss)
Rufus Called shot
Daltuun pull trigger Strike: 15; Damage: 17 MD
Leo Get out of the mud.


Jason tries to hit the vehicle again, but it lurches out of the way. Sal recharges his gun with mystical energy, while Murdoc continues firing at the vehicle, but missing. Rufus goes to line up another shot, but finds the vehicle is likely out of range now. Dhaltuun somehow manages to pull a trick shot hitting the Serpent Power Armor while not hitting Leo, who is extracting himself from the mud.

Action Seven through Nine:
Jason: Bounce.
Murdoc Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 14; Dmg: 26 MD
Rufus Called shot to thrusters. Strike: EP crit; Damage: 23 MD + possible EMP effect (Out of range; no EP expended)
Action Eight:
Jason: Fire pulse cannon at Creax Strike: 15; Damage: 50 MD (Dodge: Nat 20)
Murdoc Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 9; Dmg: 29 MD (Miss)
Jason ??
Action Nine:
Murdoc reload


Jason continues to move around, and fire at the fleeing vehicle, but finds it’s pilot to be skilled at dodging his shots. Murdoc continues firing on the vehicle until his gun goes click, which prompts him to reload the weapon. Rufus considers another action as what he was hoping to do is now out of range for the weapon he’s using.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: -1 E-clip.
Sal: Spinning Blades (45 seconds), High Magus Armor (Main Body): -24 M.D.C., -60 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) 40/195 M.D.C., Jet Pack gummed up a bit (2 Actions to clear)
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 43/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun Superhuman Strength (2:45 minutes), Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (5:45 minutes), -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -25 P.P.E.
Rufus: AOI: 44/60 (5:45 minutes.), Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (17:45 minutes), -1 shot NG-45LP, -1 shot Empress Pistol, -10 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 1 Plasma round
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -43 MDC
Cerax: (Main Body) -494 MDC, Thruster 1: -18 MDC (EMP Effect), Head Laser (Destroyed), On fire (21 MD every minute for 2 minutes (¾ melees) (-2 actions from dodging next melee)
Serpent PA: (Main Body) -209 MDC, all other locations: -67 M.D.C., -4 Fragmentation Mini-Missiles.


Combat posts, Round 3
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:34 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 28 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 29

Combat actions
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 12

APM: 6

Action 1: Clear jetpack of mud
Action 2: Clear jetpack of mud
Action 3: Draw pistol, take off in pursuit
Action 4: Fire toward fleeing Creax (if in heavy pistol's 800' range) 1d20+6 = 10; Damage 3d6 = 10 MD
Action 5: Fire toward fleeing Creax (if in heavy pistol's 800' range) 1d20+6 = 9; Damage 3d6 = 12 MD
Action 6: Fire toward fleeing Creax (if in heavy pistol's 800' range) 1d20+6 = 18; Damage 3d6 = 11 MD

Parries if needed: 1) 1d20+8 = 21; 2) 1d20+8 = 13; 3) 1d20+8 = 13; 4) 1d20+8 = 25; 5) 1d20+8 = 28; 6) 1d20+8 = 24

Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 21; 2) 1d20+2 = 8; 3) 1d20+2 = 13; 4) 1d20+2 = 13; 5) 1d20+2 = 5; 6) 1d20+2 = 4




My armor can't take much more of this... Leo thinks as he pulls himself up out of the mud, jetpack smoking slightly. Suddenly, the serpentine PA peels off for what looks like a retreat. Leo is not fooled.

"They're only falling back to regroup - they could have reinforcements here any minute!" Knoiwing he hasn't the speed to catch either enemy on foot, he does all he can, unslinging his jetpack and unclogging the mechanism before remounting it on his back. Then, he takes to the air, drawing his pistol, to give pursuit.

Pilot: Jet Packs 60% 1d100 = 26 (SUCCESS)
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 24
JIC: 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 1
Init: 1d20+9 = 22
Attacks: 9

Finished reloading, Murdoc tucks the rifle to his shoulder and keeps firing as long as the flying Crab tank is in view.

Once his view is obscured by the trees he turns to the others and, says, "I'm betting they went for backup. We need to get ready, unless we can get the Professor to come up so we can make a run for it." He glances around at everyone, "Does anyone need first aid?" Oh this is just great. We likely have more incoming and the Professor and his team aren't likely to come up out of the bunker. Though that might be the safest place to be. Maybe we should send the larger vehicles west and set up a bottle neck at the bunker entrance?

Murdoc furrows his brows, not that anyone can tell while he's in his PA, "Did I hear something trying to come in over the radio while we were fighting? You think that was the Professor trying to contact us?"

He clicks over his radio, to see if the Professor tried to contact them, "Professor, can you read me? Over."

1. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 17 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 23 MD
2. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 18 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 31 MD
3. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 10 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 29 MD
4. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 21 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 30 MD
5. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 13 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 27 MD
6. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 22 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 27 MD
7. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 8 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 29 MD
8. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 17 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 22 MD
9. Fire Pulse Burst at Crab-Tank: Strike: 1d20+5 = 21 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 19 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 12, 1d20+2 = 9, 1d20+2 = 20, 1d20+2 = 14, 1d20+2 = 11, 1d20+2 = 10, 1d20+2 = 10, 1d20+2 = 17, 1d20+2 = 8
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 37

Jason winces at the deliberate jamming from the enemy. He tracks the crab tank as it tries to flee. Oh no you don't! Jason lets off another round of 105 plasma. While the big cannon cycles, he switches on the PA. "Rufus, go check on the prof and brief him. I've got an idea, but it will have to wait until we are secure."

Jason checks the radios systems to see if he can tell if the jamming is close and if so, where it is from. When Bonaparte is ready, if he still has a shot at the crab-tank, Jason fires a round of H.E.A.T. at it. He plots the track of the enemy units and logs the information.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 25
Actions: 8
1: Fire 105mm Plasma at Creax 1d20+8 = 27 to hit, 2d8*10 = 60 MD to 25' radius, +4d8 = 20/min for 1d6+1 = 4min
2: Sensor sweep to track enemies and make sure there aren't more ((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 30% ))
3: Call Rufus over the PA
4: Check on jamming source ((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 8% ))
5: Fire 105mm HEAT at Creax 1d20+8 = 26 to hit, 2d6*10 = 70MD
6: Sensor sweep again to track enemy units ((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 84% ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 19/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 83
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 9
APM: 7

Original Post
Rufus is never gonna give you up
Rufus is never gonna let you down
Rufus is never gonna run around and desert you
Rufus is never gonna make you cry
Rufus is never gonna say goodbye
Rufus is never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

#TrueStoryBro


Conditions:
- PPE: 172/242 at the end of this post
- Ring of Invisibility: 9.5 minutes/38 melees remaining, 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle is active. 50mph flight speed. Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 119.75 minutes/479 melees remaining
- NG-45LP: 7/8 shots remaining in clip
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 7/8 shots remaining in clip
- Armor of Ithan is active. 44/60 MDC; 5.5 minutes/22 melees remaining

Rufus snarls in a combination of satisfaction that his pistol appears to work as advertised and of frustration in that the crab-bot was able to get away so easily. Well, a qualified success is still a success.

Leo wrote:"They're only falling back to regroup - they could have reinforcements here any minute!"

Murdoc wrote:"I'm betting they went for backup. We need to get ready, unless we can get the Professor to come up so we can make a run for it. Does anyone need first aid?"

"Did I hear something trying to come in over the radio while we were fighting? You think that was the Professor trying to contact us?"


Rufus nods as he scans the treeline in the direction the Creax flew away. "Agreed. We've bought ourselves a breather, nothing more. As for the other... no telling." He keys his mic. "This is Rufus. Carny, can you pick up anything on radar? Anyone else for that matter? Dhal, can Jessie or Marcella see anything inbound?"

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 69/77%

If he hears static/obvious jamming (likely) he growls softly. It's our own fault -- we were so focused on dinosaurs and savages that we didn't think about more tech-savvy threats out here in the swamp.

Jason Long wrote:"Rufus, go check on the prof and brief him. I've got an idea, but it will have to wait until we are secure."


"I'm all for ideas..." he barks back. "Anyone here know how to un-jam radios?" Might be a good skill to learn...

He swoops down into the bunker. "Professor?" He calls out. "The good news is it's not more dinosaurs. The bad news is that it's far worse -- a scout for a Splugorth raiding party. We've fought them off for the moment but they're jamming our comms and we expect reinforcements any minute. We can seal you guys in and try to fight them off, or we can loot all we can before bugging out and coming back once they've moved on. But whatever we're gonna do we need to decide quick."

Actions:

I don't expect any combat actions given his intentions, but if hijinks should ensue...
1.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 22; Damage: 6d6 = 16 MD + possible EMP damage
2.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 20; Damage: 6d6 = 24 MD + possible EMP damage
3.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 14; Damage: 6d6 = 30 MD + possible EMP damage
4.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 22; Damage: 6d6 = 26 MD + possible EMP damage
5.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 13; Damage: 6d6 = 22 MD + possible EMP damage
6.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 21; Damage: 6d6 = 23 MD + possible EMP damage
7.) Shoot something with the Empress. Strike: 1d20+6 = 10; Damage: 6d6 = 19 MD + possible EMP damage

Dodges while flying if needed: 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 22, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 15

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 18, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 23,
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:56 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Initiative Order
Sal: In the Tracker
Murdoc: 22
Rufus: 9
Daltuun No post
Jason: 25
Leo: 12


Action One
Jason: Fire 105mm Plasma at Creax Strike: 27 Damage: 60 (25' radius) (20 M.D./min for 4 min) (Dodge: Not dodged)
Giggler (Slaver): Move closer to his prey.
Murdoc:Turns to the others and, says, "I'm betting they went for backup. We need to get ready, unless we can get the Professor to come up so we can make a run for it."
Jessie:Keeps a vigil in the direction the Cerax goes.
Jojo (Sensors): Brace for Impact (Roll w/: 5; Impact Damage: 3 S.D.C.)
Didi (Comms): Brace for Impact (Roll w/: 9; Impact Damage: 4 S.D.C.)
Lime (Sniper): Being Called Aimed shot (Right Leg) on Leo.
Bubba (Serpent PA): Continue fleeing towards advancing reinforcements.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Hold on for the ride.
Leo: Clear jetpack of mud
Pickles (Wild Card): Hold on for the ride.
Yosa (Powerlord): Stride forward to see what all the commotion is.
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Brace for Impact (Roll w/: 9; Impact Damage: 4 S.D.C.)
Rufus: Use radio, it works partially. Cerax is dead.
Orange (XO): Hold on for the ride.
Peach (Face): Hold on for the ride.
Apple (Leader): Hold on for the ride.
Panto (Overlord): Trudge through this forsaken swamp.


Jason speaks with a booming voice of Bonaparte, firing another plasma shell into the fleeing vehicle, scoring a hit despite it’s best efforts to dodge the shot. The vehicle engulfed in flames goes down, and the incessant noise on the radio begins to lighten up, likely soon to be silent. Murdoc not having a target turns to the others and says. ” "I'm betting they went for backup. We need to get ready, unless we can get the Professor to come up so we can make a run for it." Jessie keeps an eye in the direction the vehicle went. The Serpent power armor continues moving east away from Leo. Leo starts shaking gunk out of his jetpack. Rufus tries the radio. "Squeal...Rufus. Carny, can … whine… pick up anything … Fuzz...? Anyone else f.. that matter? Dhal, can Jessie or Marcella see anything in...nd?"

Action Two
Jason: Sensor sweep to track enemies and make sure there aren't more ((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 30 [Make removable]% ))
Giggler (Slaver): Continue forward.
Murdoc: He glances around at everyone, "Does anyone need first aid?"
Jessie: Perception 43%/21%
Jojo (Sensors): Get out of the wreck.
Didi (Comms): Get out of the wreck.
Lime (Sniper): 2nd action of Called Aimed shot (Right Leg) of Leo.
Bubba (Serpent PA): Continue towards reinforcements.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Hold on for the ride.
Leo: Finish cleaning out Jetpack.
Pickles (Wild Card): Hold on for the ride.
Yosa (Powerlord): Continue moving forward.
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Get out of the wreck.
Rufus: Ask question.
Orange (XO): Hold on for the ride.
Peach (Face): Hold on for the ride.
Apple (Leader): Hold on for the ride.
Panto (Overlord): Continue trudging forward.


Jason not having a target sweeps with his radar and gets back what he thinks is a vehicle making it’s way in the Templar’s direction. This is soon verified by the sound of trees being knocked over by something large and uncaring. Murdoc looks to those he can see "Does anyone need first aid?" Though from his point of view, it doesn’t seem like it. Jessie is oblivious to the danger approaching. The Serpent power armor continues it’s flight. Leo finally slaps the final bit of gunk from his jetpack. "I'm all for ideas..." Asks Rufus.


Action Three
Jason: Call Rufus over the PA.
Giggler (Slaver): Break through the Tree lIne, Activate Tongues.
Murdoc: Failed HF.
Jessie: Move to Intercept The Giggler.
Jojo (Sensors): Join the others, heading back to the fight.
Didi (Comms): Radio, Join the others, heading back to the fight.
Lime (Sniper): Fire Aimed Called Shot (Right Leg) at Leo. (Strike: 18; Damage: 10 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge Failed)
Bubba (Serpent PA): Turn and hold ground.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Hop off of The Giggler and take aim at Bonaparte.
Leo: Draw pistol, take off in pursuit (Pilot Jetpack 26%/60%)
Pickles (Wild Card): Dismount the Giggler.
Yosa (Powerlord): Continue moving forward.
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Join the others, heading back to the fight.
Rufus: Yell for the Professor
Orange (XO): Fire at Jessie (Strike: Nat 1; Damage: N/A) (Gun empty)
Peach (Face): Fire at Jessie (Strike: 12; Damage: 23 M.D.) (Dodge: 20)
Apple (Leader): Fire at Jessie (Strike: 7; Damage: ) (Miss)
Panto (Overlord): Keep moving forward.


Jason calls out to Rufus. "Rufus, go check on the prof and brief him. I've got an idea, but it will have to wait until we are secure." The grotesque fusion of machine and monster breaks through the treeline, it is a hovering platform with a slimy muscular being in the center, fused it seems at the waist with the platform. Surrounding the edge of the vehicle are basketball sized eyes that seem to be looking in all directions. Sitting on the edge of the platform are several humanoid females, dressed in form fitting bodysuits and armed with a variety of weapons. The slimy figure raises a staff with an eye suspended in fluid at its tip. A mild flash of light goes off before it speaks. ”HAHAHAHAHAHA! Surrender now or be punished!” Bellows the creature. Murdoc stands in plain shock of what is in front of him, his mind unable to connect the dots. Jessie moves towards the Slaver. ”I told you all to surrender peacefully, now you get the punishment.” Comes over the team radio frequency. Leo is shocked when a laser blast comes out of the trees and hits him in the right leg. The Serpent power armor stops fleeing and turns to face Leo, a brutish roar bellowing from it’s loudspeaker. One of the women armed with a C-27 Plama canon dismounts the barge and points her weapon at Bonaparte. Leo draws his pistol and rockets closer to his quarry. Another of the women dismount, she seems to consider which of her many weapons she will use. Rufus moves to the entrance of the Bunker and begins to yell in. "Professor?" He calls out. "The good news is it's not more dinosaurs. The bad news is that it's far worse -- a scout for a Splugorth raiding party. Three of the women, still mounted on the barge, fire plasma rifles at Jessie. One seems to have a misfire, one misses barely, while Jessie dodges the third.

GM Note: So the situation has changed enough that I find it unfair to continue to post with your current actions. So here is what we’ll do. New set of posts, starting at action 4, same initiative as last post. This will allow you all to react to what has changed. ~Consumer

Full Initiative Order.
Jason 25
Giggler (Slaver): 22
Jessie 20
Jojo (Sensors): 17
Didi (Comms): 17
Lime (Sniper): 15
Bubba (Serpent PA) 14
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): 14
Leo 12
Pickles (Wild Card): 11
Yosa (Powerlord): 11
Koko (Cerax Pilot): 10
Rufus 9
Orange (XO): 8
Peach (Face): 7
Apple (Leader): 4
Panto (Overlord): 1
Murdoc 0; Failed HF.
Sal In the Tracker
Daltuun No post, if Dhaltuun posts he is at initiative 0.



Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: -1 E-clip.
Sal: Spinning Blades (30 seconds), High Magus Armor (Main Body): -24 M.D.C., -60 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) 40/195 M.D.C. (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C., Jet Pack gummed up a bit (2 Actions to clear)
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 43/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun Superhuman Strength (2:30 minutes), Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (5:30 minutes), -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -25 P.P.E.
Rufus: AOI: 44/60 (5:30 minutes.), Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (17:30 minutes), -1 shot NG-45LP, -1 shot Empress Pistol, -10 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 2 Plasma round
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -43 MDC
Cerax: Destroyed, On fire (21 MD every minute for 2 minutes (2/4 melees); 20 M.D. for 4 minutes (4/4)) (-2 actions from dodging next melee)
Serpent PA: (Main Body) -209 MDC, all other locations: -67 M.D.C., -4 Fragmentation Mini-Missiles.
Yosa (Powerlord):
Panto (Kidian Overlord):
The Giggler: (Splugorth Slaver): Staff of Eylor: -12 P.P.E.
Apple (Leader):
Orange (XO):
Cherry (Wild Card):
Lime (Sniper):
Peach (Face):
Pickles (Heavy Weapons):
Koko: -4 S.D.C.
Jojo: -3 S.D.C.
Didi: -4 S.D.C.
Bubba:


Combat posts, Round 3, part 2
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:45 pm

[Rolls Held]

"Well fraaaaaak." Murdoc says as he stares at the Splugorth Slaver barge.

After staring dumbfounded for a moment, Murdoc plucks a HE grenade off his rig and tosses it at the barge. Still glaring at the sheer number of slavers, Murdoc whips another grenade at the barge. This time its a frag grenade, as he hopes to catch multiple enemies in the blasts.

The explosions shake him the rest of the way out of his freeze up as he moves to some cover behind Bonaparte. If Bonaparte is on the move, Murdoc uses his speed to position himself behind one of the Bohemoth's legs where he fires his rifle at the Serpent PA. If the Serpent PA is out of site or there are too many friendlies around it, he switches his aim to the closest Blind Warrior Woman.

4. HF fail - words
5. Strike Barge w/ HE grenade: 1d20 = 9 Dmg: 6d6 = 19 MD to 12' area
6. Strike Barge w/ Frag grenade: 1d20 = 17 Dmg: 4d6 = 14 MD to 30' area
7. fall back behind Bonaparte OR Bohemoth
8. Fire Pulse Burst at Serpent PA OR closest BWW: Strike: 1d20+5 = 14 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 27
9. Fire Pulse Burst at Serpent PA OR closest BWW: Strike: 1d20+5 = 19 Dmg: 6d6+6 = 28

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 3, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 20, 1d20+2 = 7, 1d20+2 = 9
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:56 am

(rolls carried over)

Seeing the huge Splugorth Slave barge, a bit of fear causes a small lump in his throat. My armor's all but spent... but I'll be damned if I let anyone here be taken a slave!

If anyone offers Leo an armor spell, he'll steer his jetpack in their direction to accept the spell before attacking the slave barge. Inf light, he'll fire his heavy pistol, but if he can close the distance to land on the barge, he'll switch to his hammer and melee the tentacle guy (first choice) or the warrior women (if he can't get close enough to the tentacle guy).

Otherwise, if Leo sees everyone lighting up the slave barge with heavy weapons, he'll use his best judgement and just fire with his heavy energy pistol.

Action 4: Accept armor spell from whoever's offering
Contingent action 4: if barge is reachable and not under heavy weapons fire, holster pistol in flight
Action 5: Veer toward slave barge; Fire toward barge (if in heavy pistol's 800' range) 1d20+6 = 14; Damage 3d6 = 8 MD
Contingent action 5: Land on barge, draw hammer
Action 6: Fire toward slave barge (if in heavy pistol's 800' range) 1d20+6 = 12; Damage 3d6 = 7 MD
Contingent Action 6: Strike with gravity wave maul 1d20+4 = 6; Damage 3d6 = 11 + 6d6 = 26 (P.S.) direct damage; 1d4*10 = 40 to 20' area gravitic wave





Parries: 4) 1d20+8 = 10; 5) 1d20+8 = 15; 6) 1d20+8 = 27

AutoDodges: 4) 1d20+2 = 13; 5) 1d20+2 = 10; 6) 1d20+2 = 16
Last edited by Leo on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:00 am

Jason turns to the new threat. Taking a quick glance at his ammunition loadout monitor, he decides there is no point in hoarding ammunition if it means failing the mission and being captured. He targets the barge with a plasma shell, hoping to catch its occupants in the blast, and lets fly with all his skill. Immediately switching to the ion cannon to pound the machine.

Action 4: Fire 105mm Plasma at the slave barge. Burn 1 EP for crit success. 2d8*20 = 100 MD to everything in 25' radius, 4d8 = 23/min for 1d6+1 = 2min
Action 5: Fire ion cannon at slave barge 1d20+8 = 26 to hit, 1d6*10 = 10MD
Action 6: Fire ion cannon at slave barge 1d20+8 = 17 to hit, 1d6*10 = 40MD
Action 7: Fire ion cannon at slave barge 1d20+8 = 20 to hit, 1d6*10 = 20MD
Action 8: Fire ion cannon at slave barge 1d20+8 = 16 to hit, 1d6*10 = 60MD

Dodges: 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 16, 1d20+9 = 21
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:17 pm

((Rolls and conditions held over))

Rufus snarls as hears the renewed commotion topside. "Be right back, do what you can to secure yourselves down here until we're back with an all-clear..." he barks out before zooming back up to the battle. Spotting the slaver he takes a deep breath. Okay. Much worse.

Horror Factor check: 1d20+9 = 10 vs HF16 :roll:

He notices Leo hurtling through the air with his jet pack and grimaces. With his luck lately he's going to crash into something soon, and that armor doesn't look like it's going to help him much longer. Realizing he's invisible he spots what looks to be a suitable location. "LEO! Behind Bonaparte, now!" Once Leo swings into position, he flies up as quickly as possible and lays a hand on the juicer as a faint aura appears around him. "সামান্য যাদু বর্ম."

Turning his attention back to the slaver, he looks to see if it has any sort of magical shield protecting it and the scantily-clad women accompanying it. If it isn't any, then he'll try casting magic nets on the nearest one. Otherwise, he'll let loose with a blast from his Empress pistol.

Actions:
4. Warn the professor & fly back up topside
5. "OMG it's a slaver!!!!!" (HF check fail)
6. Shout & cast AoI on Leo -- 60 MDC; 6 minutes (10 PPE)
7. Cast Magic Net on nearest warrior woman if no visible magic barrier (Rufus can see magic in use), otherwise shoot Empress pistol. Strike: 1d20+6 = 20; Damage: 6d6+2 = 13 MD (EMP effect probably not applicable here but appreciated if it is)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Initiative Order
Sal: In the Tracker
Murdoc: 22
Rufus: 9
Daltuun No post
Jason: 25
Leo: 12


Action Four
Jason: Fire 105mm Plasma at the slave barge; Damage: 200 M.D. (25' radius), 23 M.D./min (2 min) (1 AOI ruptured)
Giggler (Slaver): Speak, charge Bonaparte attacking with Tentacles. (Strike: 18; Damage: 19 M.D.) (Dodge Failed)
Jessie: Go looking for Lime. Perception 02%
Lime (Sniper): Begin lining up Called, Aimed shot Right Leg on Leo
Bubba (Serpent PA): Fire plasma blast at Leo (Strike: 13; Damage: 30 M.D.) (Barely Auto-Dodged)
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Fire on Bonaparte. Strike: 13; Damage: 25 M.D.) (Dodged)
Leo: if barge is reachable and not under heavy weapons fire, holster pistol in flight
Pickles (Wild Card): Fire at Murdoc. (Strike: Nat 20; Damage: 24 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge Failed)
Yosa (Powerlord): Get to the Clearing
Rufus: Warn the professor & fly back up topside
Orange (XO): Fire on Rufus. (Strike: 13; Damage: 21 M.D.) (No Dodge)
Peach (Face): Fire on Bonaparte (Strike: 13; Damage: 23 M.D.) (Dodged)
Apple (Leader): Fire on Murdoc (Strike: 13; Damage: 20 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge Failed)
Panto (Overlord): Get to the Clearing.
Murdoc: HF fail - words


Jason opens up the second half of the combat with a massive shot towards the Slaver and Barge. The shell connects squarely and engulfs the vehicle in a corona of fire. But success is shown to be shallow as the Barge bursts out of the fireball none to worse for wear and charges directly at Bonaparte, the Slavers’ tentacles lashing out at the Veritech Hovertank, Jason tries to maneuver Bonapart away, but takes the blow nonetheless. Jessie realizing there is a sniper, heads off in search of it. Somewhere in the underbrush an Altara begins lining up another shot at Leo. The Serpent Power armor bellows an inarticulate challenge at Leo and fires a blast of Plasma from the end of his charged Plasma Axe, but Leo barely manages to twist out of it’s path. Leo begins flying towards the Slaver Barge, holstering his gun in the process, intent on going toe to toe with the monstrosity. One of the Altara wearing a dark green with slightly lighter green highlights jumpsuit fires a wicked quad-barreled pistol at Murdoc, who seems a little slow on the reaction, and gets hit. At the edge of the clearing A relatively short and squat purplish-gray Kydian with a shiny bald head, wearing gray robes appears at the very edge of the clearing. Rufus quickly finishes yelling down into the bunker, before moving back towards the fray, which only gets him the opportunity to be shot with plasma. Another of the Altara fire on Bonaparte, but Jason is able to get his tank out of the way. An Altara dressed in dark red, fires her plama rifle at Murdoc, who just doesn’t seem to be having a great day. A short and muscular soldier that looks to be in prime shape, with dark purple skin with two perfectly triangular horns jutting from his chin. Appears behind the other figure at the edge of the clearing. "Well fraaaaaak." Murdoc says as he stares at the Splugorth Slaver barge.


Action Five
Jason: Fire ion cannon at slave barge (Strike: 26; Damage: 10 MD) (No Dodge)
Giggler (Slaver): Lash Tentacles at Bonaparte. (Strike: 15; Damage: 20 M.D.) (No Dodge)
Lime (Sniper): Continue lining up Called, Aimed Shot Right Leg Leo.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Fire on Bonaparte. (Nat 1; Misfire)
Leo: Land on barge, draw hammer.
Pickles (Wild Card): Move and fire at Murdoc. (Strike: 16; Damage: 15 M.D.) (Auto Dodged)
Yosa (Powerlord): Move forward, use Staff of Power to cast Call Lightning on Bonaparte. (-15 P.P.E.; Damage: 18 M.D.)
Rufus: "OMG it's a slaver!!!!!" (HF check fail)
Orange (XO): Move, Fire on Rufus. (Strike: 16; Damage: 25 M.D.) (No Dodge)
Peach (Face): Move and fire on Bonaparte. (Strike: 16; Damage: 23 M.D.) (No Dodge)
Apple (Leader): Give Orders.
Panto (Overlord): Move forward, bellow commands.
Murdoc: Strike Barge w/ HE grenade: Strike: 9; Dmg: 19 MD (12' area) (No Dodge)


Jason and Bonaparte in such close quarters with the Slaver Barge, begins firing ion blasts at the monster, which doesn’t seem to care too much as a shimmering field takes the punishment. The Slaver for it’s part begins giggling like a madman as it lashes down on the tank with its slime coated tentacles, leaving serious dents in the armor. In the swamp beyond someone has it out for Leo, as they continue to aim at him. One of the Altara begins cussing loudly in a guttural and foul language, while slapping her rifle. Leo tries to land on the barge, but finds it has a forcefield of some kind, so he opts to land next to it as he draws his Gravity Wave Maul. The Altara begin moving and spreading out, one fires at Murdoc, who finally seems to have come out of his funk, allowing him to get out of the way. The robed creature moves forward as it raises it’s staff up high. A bolt of lightning flashes down from the sky to strike Bonaparte leaving a black scar. Rufus notices the Slaver and promptly shuts down for a moment, which isn’t good when your being shot at. Rufus takes another shot and watches his mystic armor shatter. Another Altara fires on Bonaparte, scoring another hit. The Altara in dark red, yells something in a foriegn language, seemingly giving orders. Which is followed by more bellowed commands and a charging Kidian Overlord with his signature armor. Murdoc side lobs a high explosive grenade under the Barge, and watches as the explosion weakens it’s shields a little further.

Action Six
Giggler (Slaver): Continue Giggling, and smashing. (Strike: 20; Damage: 28 M.D.)
Lime (Sniper): Fire. (Strike: 8; Damage: 21) (Auto-Dodged)
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Move.
Leo: Strike with gravity wave maul (Strike: 6; Damage 37 M.D.; Gravitic Wave Damage: 40 M.D. (20' area))
Pickles (Wild Card): Move.
Yosa (Powerlord): Move forward.
Orange (XO): Move
Peach (Face): Move
Apple (Leader): Move
Panto (Overlord): Continue Charging.
Murdoc: Strike Barge w/ Frag grenade: (Strike: 17; Dmg: 14 MD (30' area)
Rufus: Shout & cast AoI on Leo -- 60 MDC; 6 minutes (10 PPE)


The Slaver continues to giggle madly, while smashing it’s tentacles into the hover tank. A shot rings out from the swamp, and somehow, someway, Leo side steps it. The Altara continue maneuvering to the point they have the team surrounded roughly. The robed creature with his staff moves forward. While the armored Kidian Overlord, bellows once more as he nears the perimeter created by the Altara. Murdoc tosses a Frag grenade under the barge dealing some more damage to it’s force field. Rufus shouts. "LEO! Behind Bonaparte, now!" before casting a protective spell on Leo.

Actions Seven, Eight & Nine
Giggler (Slaver): Move back.
Rufus: shoot Empress pistol. Strike: 20; Damage: 13 MD
Murdoc: fall back behind Bonaparte
Giggler (Slaver): Hold position.
Murdoc: Fire Pulse Burst at Serpent PA OR closest BWW: Strike: 14 Dmg: 27] (Dodged)
Murdoc: Fire Pulse Burst at Serpent PA OR closest BWW: Strike: 19 Dmg: 28 (Dodged)


The Slaver stops giggling abruptly as it moves back. Rufus takes a shot at one of the Altara, which almost elicits a reaction as the ion blast hits mystic force field. (As far as Rufus can tell, almost everyone involved has active magic on them.) Murdoc jumps behind Boneparte and takes a few shots at the Barge, who shows it can be quite nimble, doging the blasts with relative ease.

The Robed individual speaks loudly and clearly in a heavily accented American. ”You are out gunned and out matched, surrender and no more harm will come to you. You will be collected as warrior slaves and treated as such. Defy me and we will finish what has been started.”

Full Initiative Order.
Jason 25
Giggler (Slaver): 22
Jessie 20
Jojo (Sensors): 17
Didi (Comms): 17
Lime (Sniper): 15
Bubba (Serpent PA) 14
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): 14
Leo 12
Pickles (Wild Card): 11
Yosa (Powerlord): 11
Koko (Cerax Pilot): 10
Orange (XO): 8
Peach (Face): 7
Apple (Leader): 4
Panto (Overlord): 1
Murdoc 0; Failed HF.
Rufus: 0; Failed HF
Sal: Tracker
Daltuun: Tracker



Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grendade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: Spinning Blades (30 seconds), High Magus Armor (Main Body): -24 M.D.C., -60 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) 40/195 M.D.C. (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C., Jet Pack gummed up a bit (2 Actions to clear)
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 43/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun Superhuman Strength (2:30 minutes), Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (5:30 minutes), -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -25 P.P.E.
Rufus: AOI: 0/60, Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (17:30 minutes), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -20 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -151 MDC
Cerax: Destroyed.
Serpent PA: (Main Body) -209 MDC, all other locations: -67 M.D.C., -4 Fragmentation Mini-Missiles.
Yosa (Powerlord):
Panto (Kidian Overlord):
The Giggler: (Splugorth Slaver): AOI 1: Destroyed, AOI 2: -43 M.D.C., Staff of Eylor: -12 P.P.E.
Apple (Leader):
Orange (XO):
Cherry (Wild Card): AOI: -13
Lime (Sniper):
Peach (Face):
Pickles (Heavy Weapons):
Koko: -4 S.D.C.
Jojo: -3 S.D.C.
Didi: -4 S.D.C.
Bubba:


Combat posts, Round 4
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 19
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20
APM: 6


- PPE: 96 end of post / 136

Superhuman Strength - 2 min 45 sec
Armor Bizarre - 2 min 45 sec


Conditions:
Jump: 57 ft long with run / 22.8 ft no run / 25.5 ft high with run /10.2 ft no run
SDC: 94
PS: 30 sn
PE: 30 sn
”House of Glass (12)”
Range: Up to 100 feet away.
Damage: Special.
Duration : One minute per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Standard; gods are immune to this spell.
P.P.E.: Twelve
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . . . "
While hackneyed, this saying sums up the spel l ' s effect. The recipient of this magic appears to turn into living glass, but suffers no damage, only a strange, semi-transparent appearance. It is not until the victim of this magic attacks the spell caster that the enchanted individual learns the effect of this magic. The victim of this spell can not harm the spell caster without suffering identical damage in return! Any harm the victim inflicts on the mage is also visited upon him. Thus, an enchanted mercenary who fires a laser rifle at the spell caster and inflicts 22 M.D., will automatically suffer 22 M.D. in return. The damage is always identical, so if the mage suffered damage to his armor (magical or physical body armor), the sarne damage will be inflicted on his enchanted attacker. If the damage was to physical M.D.lHit Points, the attacker will suffer the same damage in the same location. Similarly, if the attacker is a fellow mage, and he casts a Speed of the Snail spell upon the other mage, he too will be affected by his own magic. Of course, the returning attack may offer greater or lesser consequences to the attacker depending on the situation and the two combatants. If the spell caster is killed, his victim will see his own Hit Points knocked down to I D4, fall to his knees and suffer from weakness (all attacks, speed, bonuses and skills reduced by halt); a near death experience. Of course, other enemies may take advantage of his incredibly weakened state!
If the sorcerer' s attacker is killed or put in a coma, the spell ends immediately.






Skills - N/A
”Dimension Sense”
- 59% / 1d100 = 70
Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
Dimension sense can also be used to detect dimension-based magic in use (including teleportation, portals, temporal magic, etc.). Activating this aspect of the power costs one melee action; the sensing may be extended for one minute per level by sacrificing another action. If the skill roll is successful, the shifter can attempt to alter (but not stop) the magic being cast.


Performance 30% / 1d100 = 98




Post -
Dhaltuun lets a yell of frustration as he returns his flintlocks to his baldric. ”Minions! Protect yourselves.” As his minions move, he says a quick command, ((Call Lightning (15) )) Pointing at the BWW nearby. As the lightning flashes, dhaltuun continues chanting. After a moment his left hand glows. ((Fists of Fury)) He cracks the knuckles on his left hand as he wiggles his head, cracking his neck. He sets his feet, assuming a fighting stance. With a flare of his coat, he points at the BWW. ”Fear njord’s power!!” ((Fear)) ”I am NOT becoming a slave to you bastards.” He then flips his hand palm up, and motions “come on” to the BWW. Using a breath worth of time to attune to the are. ’If they call backup, i want to know.”

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17

A1)holster pistols and yell orders
A2) ((Call Lightning (15) ))
A3) ((Fists of Fury))
A4) flare of his coat -
A5) ((Fear)) HF: 16
A6) motion and use dimension sense

Dodges: 1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 21,
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:03 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 6 1d20 = 3
Init: 1d20+9 = 28
Attacks: 9

Conditions: PA (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., NE-97 E-Clip 21/15

Murdoc shouts back tot eh Robed individual, "What did you say? I couldn't quiet understand you. Did you say, you wanted to surrender?" Meanwhile, he goes about slinging his rifle and pulling his phase sword and long pistol. Grinning a little bit to himself he gives his head a shake as he prepares himself for what is to come with a deep breath.

Sword in hand, Murdoc sprints out from behind Boneparte. Using his strength and speed combined with that of his power armor he makes a dash around the right side of the hovertank toward the Overlord. Not stopping to face the creature in one on one, Murdoc slashes at the Overlord as he curves to the west toward the Powerlord.

Pouring on the speed, Murdoc makes a run at the Powerlord, slashing at the possible leader of the group of slavers as he curves around him like a cone in a relay race and heads back toward the Overlord.

This time Murdoc does not slow as he strikes out at the Overlord in passing. Instead he continues on toward the Slaver barge, jabbing his sword at the force field he saw his grenades detonate against and hoping to weaken it enough that the others can get a good shot in at its pilot.

1. talk and trade out weapons
2. run - Dodge 1d20+14 = 26
3. Overlord: Phase Sword strike 1d20+14 = 34 Nat Dmg: 4d6+25 = 39 MD/SDC x2=78 MD
4. run - Dodge 1d20+14 = 27
5. Powerlord: Phase Sword strike 1d20+14 = 28 Dmg: 4d6+25 = 40 MD/SDC
6. run - Dodge 1d20+14 = 30
7. Overlord: Phase Sword strike 1d20+14 = 15 Dmg: 4d6+25 = 34 MD/SDC
8. run - Dodge 1d20+14 = 29
9. Slaver Barge: Phase Sword strike 1d20+14 = 15 Dmg: 4d6+25 = 45 MD/SDC

If knocked off his feet, Murdoc will continue doing what he planned, hoping that the fast moving target will throw the attackers off somewhat.
If immobilized, Mordoc will raise the long pistol and begin firing at the closest target.
Strike: 1d20+8 = 24 Dmg: 5d6 = 10 MD
Strike: 1d20+8 = 11 Dmg: 5d6 = 17 MD
Strike: 1d20+8 = 21 Dmg: 5d6 = 9 MD
Strike: 1d20+8 = 22 Dmg: 5d6 = 19 MD
Strike: 1d20+8 = 26 Dmg: 5d6 = 17 MD
Strike: 1d20+8 = 27 Dmg: 5d6 = 18 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 8, 1d20+2 = 8, 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 19, 1d20+2 = 13, 1d20+2 = 22, 1d20+2 = 4
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 71
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 20
APM: 7


Conditions:
- PPE: 155/242 at the end of this post
- Ring of Invisibility: 9.25 minutes/37 melees remaining, 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle is active. 50mph flight speed. Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 119.5 minutes/478 melees remaining
- NG-45LP: 7/8 shots remaining in clip
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 6/8 shots remaining in clip
- Armor of Ithan is down. 0/60 MDC; 5.5 minutes/22 melees remaining
- New Armor of Ithan is cast. 60/60 MDC; 6 minutes/24 melees remaining


This isn't good... Rufus frowns as he casts a new armor spell on himself. We took out the crab-bot, but if we don't luck up soon we're all gonna wind up on the auction block in Atlantis -- if we're lucky. Or unlucky.

He pulls out his comlink again. "Carny! Can you read me? We're being attacked by monsters and need backup, now! Punch 'em, kick 'em, shoot 'em, I don't care! Do all three! But we need you NOW!"

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 9/77%

While he's waiting for a response from the Behemoth he zips around, trying to ensnare the human (at least human-looking) women in magic nets while trying to avoid being blasted by... well, by anything.

Actions
Actions:
1.) cast AoI on himself (10 PPE)
2.) radio Carny
3.) cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE)
4.) cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE)
5.) cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE)
6.) cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE)
7.) cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE)

Dodges while flying: 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 15, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 26

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 17
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:21 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 62

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 99

Conditions: Armor of Ithan (60 MDC; 6/6 minutes); Lifeward (perpetual until Titan Plate is destroyed)

Combat actions

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7
APM: 6

Action 1: Fly to Powerlord
Action 2: Disarm (EP Critical Success)
Actions 3-4: Power Attack with Hammer; EP Critical Hit; Damage 2d4*10 = 70 X2 (crit) = 140 MD; (plus KO per Boxing skill)
Actions 5-6: Power Attack with Hammer; EP Critical Hit; 2d4*10 = 50 X2 (crit) = 100 MD; (plus KO per boxing skill)

Parries if necessary: 1) 1d20+8 = 17; 2) 1d20+8 = 19; 3) 1d20+8 = 28 (Nat. 20!); 4) 1d20+8 = 10; 5) 1d20+8 = 15; 6) 1d20+8 = 21

Autododges: 1) 1d20+2 = 19; 2) 1d20+2 = 20; 3 1d20+2 = 4; 4) 1d20+2 = 3; 5) 1d20+2 = 10; 6) 1d20+2 = 6


Narrative

The Enemy wrote:”You are out gunned and out matched, surrender and no more harm will come to you. You will be collected as warrior slaves and treated as such. Defy me and we will finish what has been started.”


A fire burns in Leo's eyes. He shouts with a rage born of experience, a hatred earned first-hand: "DEATH! FIRST!"

I gave 3 years of my short life as a Sploog slave. They ain't gettin' one more red second!

Seeing the two leaders, Leo recalls during his years of slavery at the hands of the Splugorth that morale sometimes dissipates if the overseers are gone, and resolves himself to taking one of them out as quickly as possible. Steeling his nerve, he flies to the Powerlord, and with a swing of his hammer - using a method taught to him in the Sploog's own arenas - he attempts to relieve the Powerlord of his staff. Then, he will hold his hammer in his off hand while slamming the powerlord, coup-de-grace style, twice with his right fist.


Pilot: Jet Packs 60% 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)
irrelevant dice
Can not power attack with a melee weapon - better effects without it anyhow
3d6 = 10
1d4*10 = 20
3d6 = 13
1d4*10 = 10
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:40 pm

WIP

Perception: 1d100 = 7/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 8
JIC(20): 1d20 = 20

Current Conditions (at end of post; format is minutes:seconds): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed); Spinning Blades: 00:30; Invincible Armor (100 M.D.C.; half damage from energy attacks, environmental): 12:00

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 17

Actions
1. Begin casting Invincible Armor
2. Invincible Armor goes into effect (100 M.D.C. environmental magic armor; all energy attacks regardless of origin do half damage)
3. Begin casting Mental Shock
4. Finish casting Mental Shock at Kydian Overlord
5. Begin casting Wisps of Confusion
6. Finish Wisps of Confusion at Altara Blind Warrior Women + others (if still room in spell)

Automatic Dodges (if needed; Sal will use if Spinning Blades parry fails):
1d20+4 = 23
1d20+4 = 13
1d20+4 = 17
1d20+4 = 13
1d20+4 = 9
1d20+4 = 6

Parries from Spinning Blades (if needed):
Used for defense, the blades magically move to parry all physical attacks, including attacks from other blades, arrows, bullets and energy blasts; +6 to parry most hand to hand attacks, but only +2 to parry energy blasts and projectiles.
1d20 = 12 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 14 | +6 for melee attacks= 18
1d20 = 18 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 20 | +6 for melee attacks= 24
1d20 = 10 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 12 | +6 for melee attacks= 16
1d20 = 5 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 7 | +6 for melee attacks= 11
1d20 = 4 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 6 | +6 for melee attacks= 10
1d20 = 9 +2 for energy blast or projectile= 11 | +6 for melee attacks= 15




The Amaki does not hesitate to bolster his defenses, casting Invincible Armor upon himself if any would-be attacker closes to melee range (OOC: so far as I know, this does not conflict with Spinning Blades, and both can run concurrently).

Invincible Armor
Range: Self or one other by touch.
Duration: Three minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Thirty
Although not quite as "invincible" as the name suggests, this impressive magical armor encases the wearer in a suit of shimmering, translucent plate armor, complete with full helmet. The armor has 25 M.D.C. per level of the spell caster, and regenerates damage at the rate of 1D6 M.D.C. per melee round. The armor offers complete environmental protection from heat, cold, disease, pollution, toxic gases, fumes, etc., and provides the wearer with an independent oxygen supply.
Furthermore, all energy attacks, magic or mundane, inflict only half their usual damage to the armor! Should the armor be destroyed, it absorbs all the extra damage and disappears in a flash of light. No damage is carried over to the wearer. Note: Magical armor can not be placed on giant Automatons, power armor or robots.
Limitation: Cumbersome; the wearer is - 15% to prowl, climb, swim or perform other physical skills.

Looks like Leo has the Powerlord... let's see if we can take down the Overlord! thinks the High Magus.

Sal knows that the Powerlord is the most dangerous, and the Overlord is the next most dangerous, target. Slavers are nothing to be trifled with, but Powerlords & Overlords have ready accesss to fight-ending abilities, and every High Magus knows this from their Dweomer Defense Force training.

He focuses intently on the Kydian Overlord with a searing stare and begins to weave a spell that he hopes will change the tide of battle and even the odds a bit...

Mental Shock
Range: 200 feet + 50 feet per level
Duration: Special.
Saving Throw: -1 to save.
P.P.E.: Thirty
Mental Shock sends a wave of magical energy tearing through the target' s mind. Environmental body armor and power armor are no protection, but large robot vehicles and armored military vehicles are. In any case, the spell caster must be able to see the intended target. The magical energy delivers a "shock" directly to the target's brain, with one of two results:
If the target makes a save vs magic, he or she is just dazed for 1D4 melees, losing two melee attacks per round, and suffering a penalty of -5 to all combat skills and -25% to skill performance. A dull headache lingers for an hour.
If the character fails to save vs magic, his brain is overloaded by the raging energy. As a result, he suffers from amnesia, losing his identity, memory and all skills, except for his native language and the five skills most important to him (player's choice). This state of amnesia will last for 4D6 hours +2 hours per level of the spell caster. Note: Supernatural beings (other than sub-demons) and creatures of magic (including dragons) are impervious to this spell.


Then, he moves to set in action yet another spell designed to turn the tide, evoking 2d4 = 7 Wisps of Confusion to cloud 7 of their opponents' minds. Sal will target the Kydians first, if either is still standing/funtional, and then focus on the BWW after, until the spell reaches the 7 targets he is allowed within 90'

Wisps of Confusion
Range: 90 feet
Duration: Five melees per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: Forty
Wisps cause 2d4 people/creatures to become confused and disoriented. Those affected strike, dodge, and parry at -5 and attacks per melee are reduced by half.





Contingency: If Leo is unable to reach the Powerlord, Sal will target the Powerlord with Mental Shock instead.

PPE Costs: 30 (IA) + 30 (MS) + 40 (WoC) = 100 P.P.E. spent this round

Sal's opponents need to roll (with bonuses) a 13 or higher to save vs. his magic spells
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 118/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 89

Seeing the layered shields on the barge Jason quickly decides to change tactics. He switches Bonaparte's radio to a general frequency and transmits at full power.
"Attacked by Splugorth Slavers at (gives map coordinates), Need assistance!" Reducing the number of enemy guns is his next goal. He jumps Bonaparte to land on the BWW to the west, which should allow him to line up a canister shell to hit the slaver, the BWW to the north east, and the Serpent PA. His goal is to be standing on top of the BWW, trapping her under Bonaparte's 26 ton mass. He is careful not to have any Templar in the cone of fire of the canister shell.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 13
Actions: 8
1: Radio for help ((Radio:Basic--102% / 1d100 = 82
2: Jump to land on BWW to the west 1d20+8 = 10 to hit, 2d6 = 6MD damage
3: Fire canister shell to catch slaver, BWW, and PA. 1d20+8 = 27 to hit 1d8*10 = 40MD to everything in a 25 area out to 1250'
4: Fire ion cannon at Overlord 1d20+8 = 24 to hit, 1d6*10 = 40MD
5: Fire ion cannon at Overlord 1d20+8 = 11 to hit, 1d6*10 = 60MD
6: Stomp BWW again if she was missed, 1d20+8 = 21 to hit, 2d6 = 7MD damage If she is pinned, continue firing at Overlord Fire ion cannon at Overlord 1d20+8 = 18 to hit, 1d6*10 = 60MD
7: Fire ion cannon at Overlord 1d20+8 = 10 to hit, 1d6*10 = 30MD
8: Fire ion cannon at Overlord 1d20+8 = 15 to hit, 1d6*10 = 20MD

If the Overlord is dropped, Jason switches fire to the Powerlord. If the Powerlord is dropped, Jason switches fire to the nearest BWW.

Jason will try to parry any incoming attacks to take them on the arm shields

Parries: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 20

If separate to hit and damage rolls are needed for the BWW and PA from the canister shell: BWW 1d20+8 = 15 to hit 1d8*10 = 80MD, PA 1d20+8 = 14 to hit 1d8*10 = 10MD
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:30 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Map

Action One
Peach (Face): Move Rifle to off hand, draw pistol.
Murdoc: talk and trade out weapons. ("What did you say? I couldn't quite understand you. Did you say, you wanted to surrender?")
Panto (Overlord): Speak, Use Pacification Staff (Agony 20 P.P.E.) on Murdoc. (Save: JIC: 3+3=6 vs Magic; Fail)
Jessie: Jessie Confronts Lime.
Rufus: cast AoI on himself (10 PPE)
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Move forward.
Orange (XO): Move Rifle to off hand, draw pistol.
Pickles (Wild Card): Move Pistol to off hand, draw pistol.
Sal: Begin casting Invincible Armor
Daltuun: Holster pistols and yell orders (”Minions! Protect yourselves.”)
Giggler (Slaver): Rush Bonaparte, Claws (Strike: 13; Damage: 12 M.D.) (Parry: 21)
Jojo (Sensors): Move forward.
Didi (Comms): Move forward.
Apple (Leader): Move Rifle to off hand, draw pistol.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Move Rifle to off hand, draw pistol.
Jason: Radio for help
Lime (Sniper): Shoot at Jessie. (Strike: 18, Damage: 24 M.D.) (Dodge: 21)
Leo: Fly to Powerlord.
Yosa (Powerlord): Use Staff of Power. (Shadow Meld; 10 P.P.E.)
Bubba (Serpent PA): Fire Plasma Blast at Dhaltuun. (Strike: 4, Miss)


The Altara begin switching from their rifles to pistols on their belts. Murdoc tries to slyly change weapons and con the Slavers a bit. "What did you say? I couldn't quite understand you. Did you say, you wanted to surrender?" The heavily armored Kydian shakes his head. ”That is noncompliance.” Pointing his staff at Murdoc, who is suddenly overcome with the worst pain he’s ever felt in his short existence. Rufus casts Armor of Ithan on himself. Sal begins casting a heavy defensive spell, but it’s a more lengthy incantation. Dhaltuun holsters his pistols and yells out. ”Minions! Protect yourselves.” The slave barge giggles madly and charges Bonaparte, clawing at the robot, but Jason manages to keep the blows from landing. Jason tunes his radio to a general frequency. "Attacked by Splugorth Slavers at (gives map coordinates), Need assistance!" Leo screams and rockets towards the robed Powerlord. "DEATH! FIRST!" The Powerlord sighs. Such beasts.” as his staff flashes and he steps sideways into the shadows of the trees next to him, effectively becoming invisible. The Serpent power armor fires a bolt of plasma at Dhaltuun, but misses.

Action Two
Peach (Face): Shoot Leo. (Wisps of Confusion; Save: 13 (Saved))
Murdoc: Writhe in agony.
Panto (Overlord): Use Staff of Pacification at Dhaltuun. (Blind 6 P.P.E. (Save: 18+; Saved)
Jessie: Attack Lime with Long Sword. (Strike: 11; Damage: 9 M.D.) (Parry: 10)
Rufus: radio Carny ("Carny! Can you read me? We're being attacked by monsters and need backup, now! Punch 'em, kick 'em, shoot 'em, I don't care! Do all three! But we need you NOW!")
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Move into the Clearing, Fire K-4 on Pulse at Leo. (Stike: Nat 20; Damage: 32 M.D.) (Auto Dodge: Not a Nat 20)
Orange (XO): Fire at Sal. (Wisps of Confusion. (Save: 20+))
Pickles (Wild Card): Fire at Dhaltuun. (Wisps of Confusion. (Save: 14))
Sal: Finish casting Invincible Armor.
Daltuun: Cast Call Lightning (15 P.P.E.) at Cherry. (Damage: 20 M.D.
Giggler (Slaver): Claw Bonaparte. (Strike: 20; Damage: 15 M.D.) (Parry: 21)
Jojo (Sensors): Move into the Clearing, Fire K-4 on Pulse at Leo. (Strike: NAT 20; Damage: 122) (Auto-Dodge: Not a Nat 20)
Didi (Comms): Move into the Clearing, Fire K-4 on Pulse at Leo. (Strike: 16; Damage: 56 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge: 4)
Apple (Leader): Fire at Sal. (Wisps of Confusion, Save 16))
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Fire at Dhaltuun. (Wisps of Confusion, Save: 7)
Jason: Jump to land on BWW to the west (Strike: 10; Damage: 6 MD) (Dodge: 5)
Lime (Sniper): Fire at Jessie. (Strike: 19; Damage: 30 M.D.) (Dodge: 9)
Leo: Disarm Against Overlord since Powelord is unavailable. (EP Critical Success) (Parry: Not a Nat 20)
Yosa (Powerlord): Move behind Leo and punch him. (Strike: 29 (Nat 20); Damage: 4 S.D.C) (Parry: 17)
Bubba (Serpent PA): Fire Plasma at Bonaparte: (Strike: 4 Miss)


One of the Altara in a peach colored jumpsuit fires her pistol at Leo, but it doesn’t seem to phase him. Murdoc now on the muddy ground writhes and screams in pain. The heavily armored Kydian points his staff at Dhaltunn, it flashes, and Dhaltuun’s vision dims for a moment before going back to normal. Rufus gets on the radio. "Carny! Can you read me? We're being attacked by monsters and need backup, now! Punch 'em, kick 'em, shoot 'em, I don't care! Do all three! But we need you NOW!" The Kittiani make it to the edge of the clearing and start firing on Leo, who is the closest target. Leo’s Armor of Ithan takes an absolute beating, shattering after the second hit, the third hit shatters what is left of his armor. An Altara in an orange jumpsuit fires at Sal, who seems to shrug it off easily. The Altara in the green and yellow jumpsuit fires at Dhaltuun, who also shrugs it off. Sal finishes casting his spell, and is now covered in a sturdy magical armor. Dhaltuun casts Call Lightning, targeting the Altara in the Bright red jumpsuit. She fires back, and Dhaltuun suddenly finds his mind clouded and unable to concentrate. Her Armor of Ithan seems to take the blow easy enough. Again another Altara in a deep red jumpsuit fires at Sal, who again seems to shrug off the effect. Jason in Bonaparte leaps into the air and lands on the Altara in bright red. Leo not having his original target moves to the Overlord and knocks the staff out of his hand. The Powerlord moves out of the shadow, and moves behind Leo, punching him in the back of the head, Leo goes down like a ton of bricks. The Serpent PA fires at Bonaparte, but misses it like the broadside of a barn it is.

Action Three
Peach (Face):
Panto (Overlord): Yell orders, Pick up Staff.
Rufus: cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE) (Dodge: Nat 1)
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Fire on Bonaparte. (Strike: 8; Damage: 36 M.D.) (Parry: 20)
Pickles (Wild Card): Netted
Sal: Begin casting Mental Shock at Overlord.
Daltuun: Cast Fists of Fury. (10 P.P.E.)
Giggler (Slaver): Use Staff of Eylor at Sal. (Negate Magic 30 P.P.E.) (Save: 19; Spinning Blades Canceled)
Jojo (Sensors): Fire at Bonaparte. (Strike: 16; Damage: 36 M.D.) (Parry: 11)
Didi (Comms): Fire at Boneparte. (Strike: 20; Damage: 46 M.D.) (Parry: 20)
Carny: Assess situation, Scream.
Apple (Leader): Fire at Rufus. (Wisps of Confusion; Save: 13)
Jason: Fire canister shell to catch slaver, BWW, and PA. (Strike: 27 Damage: 40 M.D. to everything in a 25 area out to 1250')
Lime (Sniper): Switch guns.
Yosa (Powerlord): Use Staff of Power at Sal. (Negate Magic, Save: 10 Fail)
Bubba (Serpent PA): Eject.


The Kidian Overlord bellows. Subdue them quickly, they will fetch a pretty penny at the markets!” Then reaches down and retrieves his staff. Rufus casts a magic net at one of the Altara, catching the one in the Green and yellow. The Kittiani continue to fire on Bonaparte, only managing to strike him once. The Slaver attached to his Barge stops trying to tear the Robot apart to point his staff at Sal, it flashes with a sick yellow light and Sal notices his spinning blades falter and fail. The Behemoth Explorer shudders and seems to be looking around, before bellowing over it’s loudspeaker. ”Icecream! Followed by some eerie music. Jason fires another shell catching the slave barge and the serpent power armor. The serpent power armor just slumps over from the blast while the slave barge erupts in giggles. The robed Powerlord stands up straight, points his staff at Sal, and watches as he fails to cancel another of Sal’s spells. The Serpent power armor pops open and the Kittiani inside is tossed out.

Action Four
Peach (Face): Fire at Sal (Wisps of Confusion, Save: 16)
Panto (Overlord): Use staff of Pacification on Sal. (Agony: Save: Nat 20)
Rufus: Casts Magic Net (Dodge 18)
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Fire at Bonaparte. (Strike: 13, Damage: 16 M.D.) (No Parry/Dodge)
Orange (XO): Switch Guns.
Pickles (Wild Card): Trying to free herself from the net.
Sal: Finish casting Mental Shock at Kydian Overlord. (Save: 19)
Giggler (Slaver): Use Staff of Eylor at Sal. (Negate Magic, Save: 23 Invincible Armor removed)
Jojo (Sensors): Fire at Bonaparte. (Strike: 14; Damage: 46 M.D.)
Didi (Comms): Fire at Bonaparte. (Strike: 17; Damage: 26 M.D.)
Carny: Fire 2 HE Mini-Missles at Slave Barge. (Strike: Nat 1, Launcher Jammed)
Jason: Fire ion cannon at Overlord (Strike: 24; Damage: 40 M.D.)
Lime (Sniper): Netgun Jessie.
Yosa (Powerlord): Patch up Leo. (Skill roll 22%)


The Altara in the peach colored jumpsuit fires at Sal, but it has no effect. The Overlord point his staff at Sal, and again he shrugs off the effects. Rufus casts a magic net at the Altara in deep red, but she proves nimble. The Kittiani fire another volley of shots at Bonaparte, who doesn’t have enough in the gas tank; it seems to block them now. The Altara in Orange, switches to another gun., The Altara in the net, begins trying to free herself. Sal hits the Kidian Overlord with Mental Shock, and while it does affect him, it seems he is more annoyed than amnesiatic. The Slaver hits Sal again with a spell and he can feel his mystic armor melt away. Carny seems like he’s trying to fire mini-missiles, but the launcher jams. Jason nails the overlord with a burst from his Ion cannon, damaging the armor he’s wearing. The robed Powerlord crouches down and whispers something to Leo, while mending his critical injuries.

Action Five
Peach (Face): Switch Guns.
Panto (Overlord): Charge Sal and clobber with staff. (Strike: 5; Damage: 16 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge: 23)
Rufus: cast Magic Net on nearest BWW (7 PPE) (dodge: 6; Apple)
Orange (XO): Net Rufus. (Dodge: 27)
Pickles (Wild Card): Trying to free herself from the net.
Sal: Begin casting Wisps of Confusion
Giggler (Slaver): Strike Bonaparte with Staff. (Strike: 16; Damage: 16 M.D.)
Carny: Fire 2 HE Mini-missles at Slaver. (Strike: 13; Damage: 30)
Jason: Fire ion cannon at Overlord Strike: 11; Damage: 60 M.D.)
Lime (Sniper): Mental Incapacitate Jessie.
Yosa (Powerlord): Move towards Sal.


The Altara in peach switches gunsThe Overlord charges Sal, wanting to club him with his staff, but Sal Side steps the blow. Rufus snags the Altara in Deep red with a magic net. The Green and yellow clad Altara continues to struggle against the net. An Altara in Orange tries to return the favor to Rufus, but he manages to get out of the way. Sal begins casting another spell, The Slaver hits Bonaparte with his staff solidly. Carny manages to fire two mini-missiles from his second launcher, shattering it’s force field. Jason fires at the Overlord again, scoring another solid hit. The robes Powerlord, approaches Sal, a look of violent intent in it’s dark eyes.

Action Six
[ooc=Action Five]Peach (Face): Fire Net at Rufus. (Dodge: 24)
Orange (XO): Fire Net at Rufus (Dodge: 10, Netted)
Pickles (Wild Card): Trying to free herself from the net.
Sal: Finish casting Wisps of Confusion
Giggler (Slaver): Dip into containment chamber.
Carny: Fire 2 HE Mini-Missiles at Slave Barge. (Strike: 20; Damage: 33 M.D.)
Jason: firing at Overlord Fire ion cannon at Overlord (Strike: 18;Damage: 60 MD)
Lime (Sniper): Use living shackles on Jessie..
Yosa (Powerlord): Attack Sal with Staff of Power. (Strike: 11; Damage: 19 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge: 17)


The Altara begin targeting Rufus, the first misses, but the second does not, catching the Kankoran Ley Line Walker in a dose of his own medicine. Sal casts wisps of confusion, targeting the Kidians and the Altara, while the spell did go off, Sal sees no effect from it. The powerlord takes a swing, and again Sal dodges it. The Slaver ducks down into his barge, making him well protected. Carny then nails the slave barge with another pair of missiles. Jason keeps firing on the overlord, putting a bit more damage on to the Kidian’s armor.

Action Seven-Ten
Giggler (Slaver): Fire guns at Bonaparte. (Strike: 16; Damage: 14 M.D.)
Jason: Fire ion cannon at Overlord (Strike: 10; Damage: 30 MD)
Yosa (Powerlord): Attack Sal with Staff of Power. (Strike: 21; Damage: 14 M.D.) (Auto-Dodge: 13)
Action Eight:
Giggler (Slaver): Fire guns at Bonaparte. (Strike: 9; Damage: 10 M.D.)
Jason: Fire ion cannon at Overlord 1d20+8 = 15 [Make removable] to hit, 1d6*10 = 20 [Make removable]MD
Action Nine:
Giggler (Slaver): Fire guns at Bonaparte. (Strike: 13; Damage: 16 M.D.)
Action Ten:
Giggler (Slaver): Fire guns at Bonaparte. (Strike: 13; Damage: 10 M.D.)


The slaver unleashes a quintet of small laser fire at Bonaparte, dealing a bit of damage. Jason fires his Ion cannon one more time at the Overlord, doing a bit more damage. The Powerlord, smack Sal solidly with his staff. The Slaver keeps pouring the firepower on Bonaparte, while Jason takes one final shot at the Overlord.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Agony: (0 Attacks per round, Unable to move, perform skills, or speak, after 1 min, -50% attacks, -1 to Strike/Parry, Dodge, Spd reduced 50%) Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grendade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: High Magus Armor (Main Body): -43 M.D.C., -124 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) 0/195 M.D.C. (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C., KO'd 5 Melee rounds)
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C., Magic Net. Wisps of Confusion (confused and disoriented. -5 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge. Attacks per Melee halved.) Living Shackled.
Daltuun Wisps of Confusion (confused and disoriented. -5 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge. Attacks per Melee halved.), Superhuman Strength (2:30 minutes), Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (5:30 minutes), -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -40 P.P.E.
Rufus: Magic Netted, AOI: 60/60, Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (17:30 minutes), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 MDC
Yosa (Powerlord): Staff of Power (-55 P.P.E.)
Panto (Kidian Overlord): Overlord Armor: -180 M.D.C., (Staff of Pacification -46 P.P.E.) Mental Shock (-2 Attacks -5 to all combat skills, -25% to skill performance. Duration: 5 melee rounds)
The Giggler: (Splugorth Slaver): Main Body: -63, AOI 1: Destroyed, AOI 2: Destroyed, AOI 3: 100/100, Staff of Eylor: -76 P.P.E.
Apple (Leader): Magic Netted.
Orange (XO):
Cherry (Wild Card): AOI: -39, Pinned, Wisps of Confusion (confused and disoriented. -5 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge. Attacks per Melee halved.)
Lime (Sniper): AOI: -11 M.D.
Peach (Face):
Pickles (Heavy Weapons): Magic Netted
Koko: -4 S.D.C.
Jojo: -3 S.D.C.
Didi: -4 S.D.C.
Bubba:


Combat posts, Round 5

Full Initiative Order.
Peach (Face): Nat 20
Murdoc 28.
Panto (Overlord): 20
Jessie: 20
Rufus 20
Koko (Cerax Pilot): 19
Orange (XO): 18
Pickles (Wild Card): 17
Sal 17
Daltuun: 17; Stop posting 2 initiatives.
Giggler (Slaver): 16
Jojo (Sensors): 16
Didi (Comms): 16
Carny: 16
Apple (Leader): 15
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): 15
Jason 13
Lime (Sniper): 8
Leo: 7
Yosa (Powerlord): 6
Bubba (Serpent PA): 3
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85/49%
JIC(100): 1d100 = 53
JIC(20): 1d20 = 18

Current Conditions (at end of post; format is minutes:seconds): Lifeward (on High Magus armor; perpetual until armor is destroyed)

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 10

Actions
1. Begin casting Mystic Portal
2. Finish Mystic Portal, step through, teleport to Bunker door
3. Begin casting Invisibility Superior
4. Finish casting Invisibility Superior
5. Begin casting Fly as the Eagle
6. Finish casting Fly as the Eagle, fly upward and observe

Automatic Dodges (if needed):
1d20+4 = 20
1d20+4 = 17
1d20+4 = 18
1d20+4 = 10
1d20+4 = 6
1d20+4 = 5




Well shit... thinks the Amaki, as the battle quickly turns against the Templar. Rufus is captured in a net, Leo seem to be down for the count, Dhalttun looks loopy and unstable, Murdoc is writhing in agony - likely the actual Agony spell Sal is familiar with - and Jason is stuck in his tank and being pounded on.

It did not escape the attention of the High Magus that he has a Powerlord and Overlord both in front of him and training their attention at him as well - a dangerous place for the Stone-Man to be caught in.

Thinking quickly, he decides to attempt escape, reasoning that If I get away, I can at least get help and attempt a rescue...

Salomón focuses his will and begins to conjure a Mystic Portal, hoping he can make it through the incantation (2 actions) safely.

If successful, he will step through it and teleport to an area behind the Cargonauts, out of sight of the battle, and immediately will it closed behind him as soon as he's on the other side of it.

Once there, he will cast Invisibility: Superior upon himself first, and then Fly as the Eagle, and fly upward, keeping at least a few hundred feet (250+ where possible) distance between himself and the skirmish below, observing what happens while his mind races to find a way - ANY way - to alter what looks to be a very bad outcome for the Templar.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 118/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Percep 74%: Not Likely
JIC: 1d100 = 43 1d20 = 20 Sure, why not!
Init: HAHAHA
Attacks: HEHEHE

Murdoc sees the slavers staff point at him and then his body spasms as the slaver's spell hits him. Collapsing to the ground, he takes the power armor he's driving with him. The impact hardly registers as he flashes back to when he went through juicer detox.He would be screaming, 'Give me the juice!' if he were able to unclench his gritted teeth. Instead the thought races through his mind over and over. He tries to fight back the pain. To push it aside but nothing seems to stop it and the feeling of every nerve being on fire stretches time out to infinity.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 72
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 8
APM: 6

PPE: 66 end of post / 136

Conditions:
Wisps of Confusion (confused and disoriented. -5 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge. Attacks per Melee halved.),
Superhuman Strength (2:15 minutes),
Armor Bizaar: 90/90 MDC (5:15 minutes),
Jump: 57 ft long with run / 22.8 ft no run / 25.5 ft high with run /10.2 ft no run
SDC: 94
PS: 30 sn
PE: 30 sn
” House of Glass (12)”
Range: Up to 100 feet away.
Damage: Special.
Duration: 5 mins 30 secs
Saving Throw: Standard; gods are immune to this spell.
P.P.E.: Twelve
"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones . . . "
While hackneyed, this saying sums up the spell’s effect. The recipient of this magic appears to turn into living glass but suffers no damage, only a strange, semi-transparent appearance. It is not until the victim of this magic attacks the spell caster that the enchanted individual learns the effect of this magic. The victim of this spell can not harm the spell caster without suffering identical damage in return! Any harm the victim inflicts on the mage is also visited upon him. Thus, an enchanted mercenary who fires a laser rifle at the spell caster and inflicts 22 M.D., will automatically suffer 22 M.D. in return. The damage is always identical, so if the mage suffered damage to his armor (magical or physical body armor), the same damage will be inflicted on his enchanted attacker. If the damage was to physical M.D.lHit Points, the attacker will suffer the same damage in the same location. Similarly, if the attacker is a fellow mage, and he casts a Speed of the Snail spell upon the other mage, he too will be affected by his own magic. Of course, the returning attack may offer greater or lesser consequences to the attacker depending on the situation and the two combatants. If the spell caster is killed, his victim will see his own Hit Points knocked down to I D4, fall to his knees, and suffer from weakness (all attacks, speed, bonuses, and skills reduced by halt); a near-death experience. Of course, other enemies may take advantage of his incredibly weakened state!
If the sorcerer's attacker is killed or put in a coma, the spell ends immediately.


”Energy Field”
Range: Self or others up to 60 feet (18.3 m) away. Duration: One minute (4 melees) per level of experience or until it is destroyed. Saving Throw: None. P.P.E.: Ten The magic creates a protective field of energy that can be placed around the mage, others, or an object. The maximum area of protection is about 8 feet (2.4 m), which means it can protect a small room full of people (about 6 to 8 individuals). The energy field appears as a semitransparent wall or bubble that shimmers with a blue-white light. The field normally provides a total protection of 60 M.D.C., but is doubled at ley lines and tripled at a ley line nexus


Post -
Dhaltuun gives his head a shake. ” Wow!” He stumbles a step, placing his hand to his head. ”Whst te frik is happonin.”[/i] Stumbling agin, he feels a weight against him. Looking thru squinted eyes, he sees Cat at his side. [b]”Attaboy.” Thru squinted eyes, He sees Sal in trouble. With a heavy tongue, Dhaltuun slurs out the words to cast Energy field around Sal. ’Tha shud help a widdle bit.” Taking a deep breath, Dhaltuun tries to cast Energy field around Orange. ” Take dat!!” Shaking the fog away, he then tries to cast Energy field around Apple. ”I am schnozzeled, but i kin help… i think.”
Dhaltuun relaxes a bit knowing that Cat is there. ”Watch my back, boy.”

APM: 3
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14

A1) cast Energy field around Cherry ((10 ppe))
A2) cast Energy field around Orange ((10 ppe))
A3) cast Energy field around Apple ((10 ppe))


Dodges: 1d20+3 = 20, 1d20+3 = 8, 1d20+3 = 9, 1d20+3 = 22, 1d20+3 = 6, 1d20+3 = 22,
Last edited by Dhaltuun Onyxforge on Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 85

Jason looks at the number of enemies and the Templar's dwindling numbers. He comes to a decision that goes against the grain for him; time to fall back. He radios the team, "Templar, fall back, south!" Jason smiles as he fires the 105mm, not at the slaver or the powerlord, but at the ground between Dhaltuun and where he last saw Rufus. The smoke round selected should give them some cover to break contact. He aims to try and cover the Slaver, Powerlord, and Overlord. Jason transforms Bonaparte to Battloid. Activating the VHT's thermal imaging gives him perfect vision through the smoke. As he turns, he grinds the foot on BWW Cherry into the ground. The VHT sprints west, then south, picking up Dhaltuun and then Rufus as he dodges incoming fire. Jason breaks east to keep the trees to the south between Bonaparte and the Overlord and Powerlord. He hopes that Bonaparte's 70mph foot speed is enough to break contact.


Initiative: 1d20+6 = 10

Actions 8:
1: Call for retreat and Fire smoke round, 1d20+8 = 11 Covers and area 100' across
2: Transform to Battloid with screens on thermal imaging
3: Run, snatching Dhaltuun on the way 1d20+8 = 16 , Pilot: Ground Veritechs--112% / 1d100 = 80%
4: Run south, snatching up Rufus along the way, 1d20+8 = 16, Pilot: Ground Veritechs--112% / 1d100 = 76%
5: Run southeast, around the trees.
6-8: Dodging any incoming fire. 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 19
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:24 am

Perception/ JIC rolls irrelevant

Leo collapses under the crushing blow from behind. His mind immediately fogs over, and the voices and sounds of combat drift into the ether.

Get up, boy, get up!

A desperate voice - not now, but long ago. Half-forgotten, buried under the detritus of experiences, or tortures, that have come since.



Kelso wrote:"Get up, boy! Get up!"
Kelso reached down a bionic hand, to try to draw Leo to his feet. Their caravan from Lone star to Chi Town had gotten hit by surprise, and Leo was thrown from one of the vehicles. Leo struggled to sit upright, but his head was spinning. Suddenly, a nearby missile strike hit them both with a shockwave of force, sound, and debris, bowling them both over. Leo struggled to open his eyes, and make sense of what he was seeing. Kelso lay in the distance, a widening red blotch on his chest as he struggled to breathe. Leo struggled to regain his footing.

He felt a weight on his back, a searing pain of electricity jolting every nerve ending. He felt himself lifted, shoved into a box. Days of travel followed, with no sense of direction, of day or night. Only pain and hunger were his travel companions. They starved him to keep him weak. Shocked him periodically to keep him docile. When he was dumped into a stony courtyard, an indeterminate period of time later, he was too weak to stand. Even he, the mighty Leonid Milton, a newly-minted Titan.



Reave wrote:"Get up!"
Leo sat up, his body a bundled knot of aches from the lashings he received yesterday, his juicer-enhanced body still working to knit his torn flesh.
Reave wrote:"If you know what's good for ya you'll give 'em some entertainment today, summat to cheer at, instead o' receivin' another round o' lashes like yesterday. Not even you can take that day after day."


Leo staggered to his feet as the battle-hardened elf handed him a hammer.

Reave wrote:"There's a good lad. It's showtime."





Maeldrick wrote:"Get up! Leo! Get up!"
Leo struggled to open his eyes, to breathe, in the choking dust.

Maeldrick wrote:"There's been a cave-in... are you okay? Can you move?"


Leo stood, unsteady. Luckily, he'd received only minor scrapes, but the lights were out, and in the darkness he could hear the moans of his fellow miners, some trapped under rock. He felt around for his pick, but only found the haft, the head broken off. Coughing, he stumbled toward the loudest moaning... trying to find someone to help.

Maeldrick wrote:"Over here! Leo! Come put that back to work and lift this timber!"
Leo followed the voice, hands out. He could feel the wetness of tears streaming down his face, carrying a river of dust from his eyes. His hands splayed out, he found a mound of rubble - he could hear the low moaning below. A voice next to him said:

Maeldrick wrote:Here... lift this"


A hand touched his and moved it to a spot where he could feel a rough-hewn timber. He felt down to the bottom, trying to find purchase with his fingers, then with both hands, strained his arms, knees, and back to try to shift it. It did not budge. He tried again. Nothing.

Maeldrick wrote:"Doin' good, Leo. One more good try."


Leo put everything into one last attempt to shift the timber. He strained every muscle, a deep bellow resonating from his chest. His feet scrambled for purchase in the gravel. The splintery wood bit deep into his hands and forearms. There was no groan of rock, no creak of wood in the dark to indicate the slightest shift. He may as well have been trying to move the world.




Overseer wrote:"Get up, Boy!"


Leo slammed a ematy hand over his eyes as light blasted into his cell, and he stumbled to his feet to avoid the inevitable neural lash that followed slow compliance.

Overseer wrote:"I've a gift for you, boy."


His cell door clattered open, and a figure was shoved in, stumbling to the ground. As Leo's eyes adjusted to the light, it was now gone, the cell door slamming shut, echoing through the stone corridors. The laughter of the overseer as he left slowly growing quiet as he got farther and farther away, until Leo could hear the gentle sobbing of his new cellmate.

His eyes now adjusted to the low light, he looked down to see a human female. He sat down on his bunk. He hunched his shoulders, defeated. They call it a gift, but it's really an obligation. They want me to breed. They want children they can tattoo up, or twist with bio-wizardry. She'll be left in here with me for weeks... and when she finally shows no sign of pregnancy, she'll be dragged off like the others, to god knows what fate. Probably thrown into someone else's cell. But I'll be damned if I help these evil bastards with anything, and I sure as HELL won't be harming any innocent girls.




Get up! He thought to himself, as his overseer's flying platform crashed. A sudden Rift storm had swept in to the area, and lightning had begun striking taller structures and creatures. Leo had crouched to the ground, just as an errant bolt struck his overseer's skiff.

He stood, swiveled, and saw a swirling mass of blue-white energy, across the field. He sprinted by the skiff - his overseer had dropped his hammer - with a thought, Leo scooped it up - and dove through the coalescing rift.




GET UP, BOY. GET UP! The voices of a dozen people, all blending together, echo through his mind, voicing a singular imperative. Leo struggles to move, to shift even one muscle.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 8:40 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Action One
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Doubletime towards Carny
Orange (XO): Fire Net at Sal.
Pickles (Wild Card): Work on getting out of the net.
Lime (Sniper): Pick up Jessie.
Panto (Overlord): Bludgeon at Sal. (Strike: 4, Miss)
Yosa (Powerlord): Bludgeon at Sal. (Strike: 23, Damage: 27 M.D.) Auto-Dodge: 20
Giggler (Slaver): Pop out of containment.
Jojo (Sensors): Doubletime towards Carny
Didi (Comms): Doubletime towards Carny
Carny: Fire mini-missles at Slave Barge. (Nat 1, Jammed)
Apple (Leader): Work on getting out of the net.
Sal: Begin casting Mystic Portal
Jason: Call for retreat and Fire smoke round, (Strike:11 (Covers and area 100' across))
Peach (Face): Fire net at Daltuun. (Dodge: 15)
Daltuun: Magic Netted.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Continue being pinned.
Bubba (Serpent PA): Doubletime towards Carny
Rufus: Move behind Carny with flight.


The Kittiani seem to get orders and begin rushing towards Carny, their movements look professional, and their determination set. The Altara in orange fires her net gun at Sal, but he sidesteps the restraint. The two Altara spend their time procuring vibro-knives and working on freeing themselves. Both the Overlord and Powerlord, swing their respective staffs at Sal, only the Powerlord connects with a rather crushing blow, causing the High Magus armor to fall off in shattered chunks. Carny seems to try and fire more Mini-Missiles, but nothing happens. Sal begins casting a lengthy spell, while Jason radios at the team. "Templar, fall back, south!" Whether they have heard him or not is unknown, but Jason also wastes no time on complicating the battlefield with a smoke shell from Bonaparte’s cannon, leaving the immediate area obscured by a thick layer of smoke. Dhaltuun suddenly finds his vision impared and now he’s wrapped in a net.

Action Two
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Doubletime towards Carny
Orange (XO): Fire a Net at Sal. (Auto-Dodge:12; Spell fails.)
Lime (Sniper): Begin walking back with Jessie in tow.
Panto (Overlord): Try to make out what is around himself.
Yosa (Powerlord): Try to make out what is around himself.
Giggler (Slaver): Claw at Bonaparte. (Strike: 9; Damage: 12 M.D.) (Dodge: 12)
Jojo (Sensors): Doubletime towards Carny
Didi (Comms): Doubletime towards Carny
Carny: Move closer to Slave Barge, swing fist. (Strike: 5; Damage: 12 M.D.) (Parry: 9)
Sal: Magic Netted
Jason: Transform to Battloid with screens on thermal imaging
Peach (Face): Acquire her prey.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Get up.
Bubba (Serpent PA): Doubletime towards Carny.


The Kittiani continue running towards Carny. The Altara in Orange, manages to net Sal, putting a general end to his escape attempts. The Slaver claws at Bonaparte, but Jason is able to get away from the blow. Carny, seeming a bit frustrated, moves forward and tries to smash the Slave Barge, but the blow is parried by the beast's prestigious strength. Sal Struggles in his net. While Jason Transforms a battered Bonaparte into its battleoid configuration. The Altara that netted Dhaltuun, moves forward and scoops him up. A very dazed and muddy Altara gets up from the mud from where Bonaparte was standing on her, though she still seems very confused.

Action Three
Koko (Cerax Pilot): Begin Boarding Carny.
Orange (XO): Acquire her prey.
Panto (Overlord): Begin looking around.
Yosa (Powerlord): Begin looking around.
Giggler (Slaver): Hold, to see what is happening.
Jojo (Sensors): Begin Boarding Carny.
Didi (Comms): Begin Boarding Carny.
Carny: Try and smash the Barge. (Strike: 3; miss)
Jason: Run, snatching Dhaltuun on the way (Strike:11) (Dodge: 16)
Peach (Face): Begin moving Dhaltuun away from Bonaparte.
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): Look for gun.
Bubba (Serpent PA): Doubletime towards Carny.


Three of the four Kittiani begin opening up the elevator entrance of Carny and enter the vehicle. Jason wheels Bonapart around and tries to snatch up Dhaltuun, but the Altara pulls him out of reach. Jason sees the situation is untenable, and valiantly decides to run. Rufus follows him silently and invisibly from the air. The Smoke offers them a modicum of cover, and the slavers seem too occupied dealing with Carny and the prisoners they have already acquired. Over the course of the next minute or so restraining everyone. The Kittiani manage to shut Carny down, the damage they’ve done unknown to those still left. Leeches are applied to both Dhaltuun and Sal, they can feel the little creatures draining vast reserves of their inherent power. Once the slavers are sure they’ve restrained everyone, they make a cursory look around the area, but find no sign of Rufus or the Bunker it seems, they do find the two non-combat model drones that were used to pilot the cargonauts, and promptly shut them down.

In the end the team is bagged and gagged, loaded onto some manner of vehicle and carted off. The trip to wherever their destination is, takes a few hours. Meanwhile a mile or two away from the bunker, Jason stops to check his scanners, the only thing he can see is a generally Rufus shaped being floating in the air near him. The Templar are captured, what do we do? is the only thought across either of their minds.


GM Note; I know this seems like an insurmountable situation, and that you’re destined for slavery. I assure you, you’re not going to be slaves, you’ll never go to Atlantis (at least like this). This next round of posts should include a bit of introspection. Next post, you’ll arrive in the slave camp. For those who escaped, I suggest returning to the bunker and regrouping. ~Consumer

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: TW Shackles, (Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grendade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: Living Shackles, Mouthwrap, High Magus Armor (Main Body): destroyed, Lifeward (Duration: 4 min, M.D.C. reduced to S.D.C.) -224 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: TW Shackles, M.D.C. reduced to S.D.C.), Titan Plate: (Main Body) Destroyed (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C.
Jessie: TW Shackles, Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun Living Shackles, Mouthwrap, -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -136 P.P.E.
Rufus: Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (7:30 minutes), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round, -1 Smoke
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 MDC
Yosa (Powerlord): Staff of Power (-55 P.P.E.)
Panto (Kidian Overlord): Overlord Armor: -180 M.D.C., (Staff of Pacification -46 P.P.E.).
The Giggler: (Splugorth Slaver): Main Body: -63, AOI 1: Destroyed, AOI 2: Destroyed, AOI 3: 100/100, Staff of Eylor: -76 P.P.E.
Apple (Leader):
Orange (XO):
Cherry (Wild Card):
Lime (Sniper):
Peach (Face):
Pickles (Heavy Weapons):
Koko: -4 S.D.C.
Jojo: -3 S.D.C.
Didi: -4 S.D.C.
Bubba:


What do you do?

Full Initiative Order.
Koko (Cerax Pilot): 19
Orange (XO): 19
Pickles (Wild Card): 19
Lime (Sniper): 18
Panto (Overlord): 18
Yosa (Powerlord): 16
Giggler (Slaver): 15
Jojo (Sensors): 15
Didi (Comms): 14
Carny: 14
Apple (Leader): 14
Sal: 10
Jason: 10
Peach (Face): 11
Daltuun: 8; Stop posting two initiatives (I’m now picking the worse of the two).
Cherry (Hvy Wpn): 6
Bubba (Serpent PA): 5
Rufus: 0
Murdoc: N/A
Leo: N/A
Jessie: N/A
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:06 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 81 1d20 = 18

As the overtaking agony fades, Murdoc thinks it just feels as though his endo-skeleton is being ripped out. I guess this is better. I can actually form a thought now and I'm gonna shove that pain stick up that monkey's ass before this is all said and done.

After a few minutes, Murdoc thinks he remembers being loaded into a vehicle. As his senses return to him and the pain fades completely away, he's sure the jostling motion is the movement of some kind of vehicle. He tries to move around some but finds that he's been shackled and his range of motion is severely limited. For a while he simply listens and enjoys the absence of pain. What a fraking mess this is. And her I though running into these guys was a stroke of luck. Frak should I call out and see who else got grabbed our should I play it quiet for a while.

Settling on being quiet, Murdoc replay's the fight in his head, We stayed out numbered while we tried to take down the big guys. It might have been better is we had knocked the scrubs out first. Then when there was less overall incoming fire we could have turned on the big boys. His thoughts cut back to ramming that pain stick down the money's throat and he holds onto that image for quite a long time as the jostling motion of the vehicle moves them along.

Seeing the minutes turn to hours within his cyber systems, Murdoc eventually whispers, "Anyone else alive?"
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 68
JIC (20): 1d20 = 8

Conditions at end of post: none




The High Magus considers his options and nearly balls up his fists and knocks both Kydians out in a show of defiance, but decides to attempt to escape instead, realizing that even if he were able to take them both on, he couldn't handle both of them AND the slaver with is barge and warrior women, all mostly single-handedly.

His escape attempt foiled by Splugroth who seemingly and mysteriously knew exactly what to do to stop him, the Amaki is caught in a net and captured.

Bound and gagged, he awaits his fate, wondering what he could have done differently to make things turn out in a different manner. He considers reaching out with telepathy to the others, but decides against using any psychic powers at the moment - no telling what the Splugorth are monitoring them with.

He considers what he could have done differently: Nothing. There's nothing I could have done differently, that I should have known to do differently. It may be the case that this isn't the best place for me to utilize my talents and abilities... the client the Templar are contracted to work with explicitly disallowed the kind of preparation needed to maximize our odds of success, and if the Templar are going to bow to his whims like that when it means our capture or death, or -possibly worse - being sold into slavery, they might not be the group for me to utilize my talents - which are clearly geared toward preparation rather than impromptu abilities like Rufus possesses. he thinks sourly to himself.

Alert to the possibility that the Splugorth may have ways of reading his mind, Sal focuses on clearing it and calming it, awaiting whatever is next in store.
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 118/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 82
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7
APM: 6

PPE: 0 at end of post / 136

Conditions: Living Shackles, Mouthwrap,


Post -
[quote=”Murdoc”] "Anyone else alive?" [/quote]

Dhaltuun slowly opens his eyes. ”Mffmmmm.” Taking a moment, he looks around slowly. As he makes eye contact with the others, he nods. Realizing he is laying on the floor, he ties to move to a sitting position. As he does so, the cuffs tighten slightly around his ankles and wrists. ”Mfmmm, hjfm, mmmm?” Putting two and two together he realizes that if he struggles, the cuffs will tighten. ’No fast moves. Need to stay calm. *breathes to calm down* I see The new guy and Sal are trussed up too. Need to think of how to get out of this.”

Dhaltuun lets himself totally relax. ’What the frak happened? One minute, we were doing okay, then things got foggy and I ended up here. Wherever here is.’ Another breath ”Okay, need to assess. First… Marcella?” He sends out a mental call for his familiar. While he awaits an answer, he tries to figure out what he still has on him. Doing his best to check his gear, Dhaltuun uses his eyes and hands as much as he can. ”Weapons? Gone. but they left everything else.’

Then it hits him. ”My hook!! That was made for me on my name day. The day I became a man. My dad crafted it himself. I WILL GET IT BACK.” He lets the anger fuel him as he starts to feel the stress of the moment. As the anger burns, Dhaltuun’s mind bounces from the here and now to violent fantasies of escaping. As he falls deeper into the darkness, he feels Marcella in his head.

”My Girl!! I am happy to know you are okay. Stay hidden, and follow if you can. Sal, The new guy, and myself, as well as Jessie are tied up with no weapons. I think we are still close to where we were captured, but not sure how long I was out for. *collects thoughts* Marcella, I need you to go find Vlad. He may be able to talk to you, or use his magic to understand you. Tell him we are in trouble. My magic is gone and we are trapped, with gear but no weapons. Ask him to use his magic and skills to get to us. We need help to get out of here. You both must be safe and try to stay hidden as much as you can.” Dhaltuun will trust in his oldest friend to do what she can.

There is a smile on his face as the room goes dark.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:52 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 52

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 29

Leo has a vague sensation of being picked up, moved. he slowly, painfully, becomes aware of his surroundings, and feels the once-familiar manacles on his wrists. A voice brings him to full consciousness.

Murdoc wrote:"Anyone else alive?"


Leo groans. "...No."

Dammit... captured again. I just escaped slavery from these guys... did they follow me here? Did I get the whole group captured? Lord I hope not.

Dhaltuun wrote:”Mfmmm, hjfm, mmmm?”


Leo twists his head to make eye contact with Dhaltuun, and then each of the others, in turn.

No Jason. No Rufus. That's good, at least. He thinks back to his first capture. Move too much and you get shocked. Talk too much and you get shocked. Only hope is to wait until we get to some stopping point...

And don't think about maybe dying as a slave in some sploog mine. I got so close to home... only to get recaptured. What a waste. We need an escape plan - but that depends on luck. You gotta find the gap in their protocols - where they get distracted, or bored, and cut a corner they shouldn't have. You gotta find the gap and exploit it. Until then... resistance just brings pain. He tries not to think of the fact that they're largely narmed and unarmored now as well.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 12

Jason checks on Rufus and turns the VHT around. He walks Bonaparte carefully back to camp, watching the sensors and listening to the radio to pick up the slaver's signal. When he gets close, he transforms to tank mode and gets out, sneaking back in to camp, listening for the sounds of movement. He has his suit radio turned to the slaver's frequency as well, hoping that he will pick up a signal telling him that they are close. Damn, what a cluster. I wonder if slaver's always travel in a group that size or if they were expecting trouble. If so, who tipped them off we were out here? Jason does not like where this train of thought is leading him. Could someone on the professor's team be in league with the slavers? The fight was short, but Bonaparte's 105 literally shakes the ground when it fires. On the other hand, the bunker could be deep enough to muffle the sound and we did radio them to sit tight.

Once Jason sees if the camp is clear, he goes to the Behemoth and changes in to his Triarius armor. "Gear up Rufus. We'll check on the professor and then track the team. Load heavy going in to the bunker. We don't know if the slavers got down there."

He loosens one of the combat harnesses to fit over the armor and loads it with ammunition for his weapons. He fills his backpack with explosives, 100' of det cord, detonators, and his demolitions tool. Finally he picks up his shotgun, checks the load, and heads to the bunker.

Jason pauses at the door to the bunker and check to see if anyone has entered since the battle. He will cycle through his armor's sensors, looking for trip wires, IR beams, or other traps before entering. If he finds the professor or any of his team, he stops and speaks with them. Otherwise, he looks for footprints in any dirt or debris and tracks them. Jason only starts calling out when they are a fair way underground. He has his Super 10 at the ready all the while.

If there are signs someone entered, Jason goes as quietly as possible, ready for a fight.

Once the professor's team is found, Jason briefs the professor on what had happened. "Professor. We were hit by slaver's not long after your team went underground. How secure are you here?"

((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 40% )) scanning for the slavers on the way back to camp.
((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 75% )) scanning for slaver radio
((Electronic Countermeasures--92% / 1d100 = 2% )) determining range and distance if signal picked up
((Prowl--82% / 1d100 = 92 )) sneaking in to camp
((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 12% )) scanning area around the bunker door for traps, etc
((Tracking (People)--102% / 1d100 = 52% )) finding the professor's team
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 7

Rufus follows Bonaparte invisibly, struggling against the magic net that had him tangled and cursing to himself with a verbal tapestry of obscenities in American, Dragonese, Gobblely, and Wolfen -- along with a variety of more animalistic snarls, growls, and other not-so-happy noises. Eventually however the net fades away and he spins around, slinging the rapidly-evaporating filaments and dropping his ring's invisibility charge. "Z Wolvenarjevimi zamrznjenimi brki!" He half growls, half spits. "Sovražim ta nemočen občutek!" He floats up to look the battered robot in the eyes (or whatever it has for eyes). "I've heard stories about Splugorth slavers. It would appear that they weren't exaggerated."

During the walk back to camp he floats alongside Bonaparte with his Empress at the ready, keeping an eye out for stragglers or any other assorted threats. "Ne razumem..." he mutters half to himself, half to Jason. We're supposed to be in the literal middle of nowhere. We didn't see any signs of villages while scouting around. Why strike this far inland looking for slaves? It'd be a waste of time and resources. And how did they know we were here? The Behemoth isn't exactly stealthy, but we didn't blow things up and shouldn't have attracted too much attention. "I've got a bad feeling about this..." he muttlers.

Shaking his head he turns his attention to their next steps. "So I'm open to ideas. How do we pull off the rescue of the century? We didn't seem to fare very well against them in a straight up fight..."

Once they arrive back at camp and the coast is clear, he follows into the Behemoth and begins checking its status. "Fine, you go warn the Professor. I'm going to see if I can get Carny back up and running." He goes over all the most likely systems, checking for damage where the Splugorth minions may have simply ripped out wiring or smashed control panels in order to shut everything down in a hurry. "Alright, Carny my friend, talk to me. Can you hear me? Can you move?"

If he's able to get Carny back operational quickly enough he'll turn his attention to the pilot drones.

Prowl -- 1d100 = 97/57% (when approaching camp)

Carny Repair Rolls
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 80/82%
Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 40/62%
Computer Repair -- 1d100 = 74/42%
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 10/42%
Robot Electronics -- 1d100 = 49/42%
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100 = 50/42%
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 9:40 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


With the Slavers

Map Incoming as soon as my phone is charged.

The trip from the bunker is sullen and oppressive. By anyone's guess they are in the back of one of the Cargonauts, likely commandeered for prisoner transfer purposes. On top of the group, there are 2 Kittiani in the cargo area as well. When Murdoc speaks, he gets kicked. ”Be quiet, you had your chance to talk.” The rest of the trip goes relatively smoothly all things considered. Dhaltuun tries to connect to his Familiar, but she is well out of range for any communication, and considering Dhaltuun’s last orders were to seek safety, he’s not entirely sure where she might be at this point.

Approximately an hour later the vehicle stops and the captured Templar are pulled from the bed of the truck by several Kittiani. They are unshackled and ungagged before being placed in a large circular cage in the middle of a small camp. To the north west of the centralized cage is a nice looking command-style tent, just to the south of that is a longer barracks-style tent followed by a smaller version of the same tent. To the east of the cage is a metal platform where the Slave Barge parks itself to be maintenanced by a few of the Kittiani. A bit south of the repair platform is another pavilion that seems to house tools and other crates of unknown items. The Powerlord and the Overlord approach the cage, and in the tongue of dragons they seem to be having a conversation, with the overlord being rather animate about it.

”I’m telling you, he’s the crusher of Amallian.” Says the Overlord.
”I doubt it, the likelihood of him being here is impossible, he’s still in Atlantis.”

Leo’s heart likely skips for a moment. As Amallian was a Bio-Borg, he fought in the arena, defeating it by literally crushing the creature's head in his hands. The conversation between the two stops.

In an accented American. ”Welcome to your temporary home, you will be held here until we’ve gathered enough stock to take back to Splyyn. Do not attempt to escape, the cage is warded against teleportation and rifting. My guards will be watching you for non-compliance.” The Powerlord says before turning on heel and heading back to the command tent. The Overlord lingers for a few moments. ”Are you Leo, the Crusher of Amallian? I’m a fan of your fights.” The Kidian says before shaking his head in what can only be described as child-like enthusiasm and his deprecating on the heels of the Powerlord.

With a regular patrol, the Kittiani also man two towers that rise up twenty feet in the air, keeping an eye on the surroundings.

At the Bunker

Rufus and Jason make their way back towards the bunker. It’s not nearly as fast as their flight from the combat. By time the duo get near the bunker they see that the Splugorth Slavers are gone, along with the two Cargonauts. In their place are a dozen new figures, who at the moment seem to be just looking around with a general look of confusion. These newcomers are amazonian in size, some are mounted on monstrous cybernetic quadrupeds that look like alien bears. A few are standing near non-cyborged versions of what is likely the same creature. Oddly enough a few masquline figures are also there, they are on foot and seem to be looking for signs of what happened. One of them stands and points directly at Rufus and Jason. As almost an unspoken command, the group all turns to look at the duo on the edge of the clearing. ”Survivors.” Comes from the male who pointed them out.

The tallest, most ornamented, and arguably most beautiful of these exoctic looking amazon-like d-bees holds up a hand and dismounts from her beast. ”Did you call out in distress?” She asks in accented american.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grendade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: High Magus Armor (Main Body): destroyed, -224 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) Destroyed (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -136 P.P.E.
Rufus: Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (Inactive), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round, -1 Smoke
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 M.D.C.


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 94
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5

Conditions at end of post: meditating




The Amaki says nothing. He looks around, taking in the sights, and wonders what happened to Rufus and Jason Long, as well as the Professor. Who knows if they're psychically listening to our thoughts... he thinks, opting not to utilize his own considerable psionic powers in favor of discretion until he has a better handle on the situation.

Could someone in the Professor's group - or even the Professor himself - have been part of this? he wonders. After all, the Professor sure did seem to resist the idea of us properly preparing for a confrontation of this magnitude... and the Splugorth do seem to be a bit far inland for it to be so completely random... he thinks, narrowly squinting as the conspiracy theory turns over in his astute mind.

Sal will sit quietly and meditate, restoring all of his ISP and PPE resources, as allowed, and will do little else unless he is asked or disturbed, though he does pay attention when the conversation turns to Leo. (OOC: not sure how much PPE/ISP he can restore, so that's your call)
Salomón, High Magus of the Templar
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 242/242
P.P.E.: 118/236
I.S.P.: 58/60


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +21%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (12+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +3
Illusions: +1 (+6 if magical)
Mind Control: +3
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 55
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5
APM: 6

PPE: 0 at end of post / 136

Conditions:

Skills:
Paramedic 64% / 1d100 = 16 - check Jessie
Paramedic 64% / 1d100 = 25 - check Leo
Paramedic 64% / 1d100 = 4 - check Sal

Post -


The trip from the bunker is sullen and oppressive. By anyone's guess they are in the back of one of the Cargonauts, likely commandeered for prisoner transfer purposes. On top of the group, there are 2 Kittiani in the cargo area as well. When Murdoc speaks, he gets kicked. ”Be quiet, you had your chance to talk.” The rest of the trip goes relatively smoothly all things considered. Dhaltuun tries to connect to his Familiar, but she is well out of range for any communication, and considering Dhaltuun’s last orders were to seek safety, he’s not entirely sure where she might be at this point.


’I hope the others made it away. I have Jessie here so we may have a small chance of surviving this.’ Dhaltuun watches, and waits, for now.

The Powerlord and the Overlord approach the cage, and in the tongue of dragons they seem to be having a conversation, with the overlord being rather animate about it.

Dhaltuun relaxes and lets these things manhandle him into the cage. He cocks his hed as the two approach. ’What are they speaking/”[i] Looking over, Dhaltuun sees Leo’s face fall as the two creatures talk. [i]’What is that about?’ Once they remove all the restraints, Dhaltuun moves close to Leo. ’You okay, my friend?’ He looks over at the two things talking, then back to leo. ’We got you.” He steps away with his hands up to show there is no monkey business. As he stands, he looks at Leo. ”Ohana.”

In an accented American. ”Welcome to your temporary home, you will be held here until we’ve gathered enough stock to take back to Splyyn. Do not attempt to escape, the cage is warded against teleportation and rifting. My guards will be watching you for non-compliance.” The Powerlord says before turning on his heel and heading back to the command tent.


Dhaltuun rubs his wrists where the restraints were as he paces. He stops moving when the ugly thing talks directly to Leo.

The Overlord lingers for a few moments. ”Are you Leo, the Crusher of Amallian? I’m a fan of your fights.” The Kidian says before shaking his head in what can only be described as child-like enthusiasm and his deprecating on the heels of the Powerlord.


Dhaltuun looks from ugly to Leo, to the others, then back to Leo , then Ugly before returning to Leo. With a raised eyebrow, he asks the unspoken question ‘What the fuck?”. After a heartbeat or two, he gives a little shake of his head, followed by a small shrug of one shoulder, before dropping his pack and rifling through it. ’We are here if you want or need us.” Dhaltuun then does a quick inventory of what they left him.

Moments later, he stands and gives himself a quick frisk. ’Okay, it seems they only took out obvious weapons. They left my pack and gear, but they got my hook and other toys. At least I can make the prison food better. Haha.”

He moves over to Jessie once she is put in with them. He gives her a quick check for any major damage. ’You okay?” ((Paramedic)) After checking her over, if nothing serious, dhal moves to each of the others and checks them over as well. When all seems okay, Dhaltuun will sit and regain PPe as he is able.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d100 = 26 1d20 = 20

Language: Dragonese / Elven 82%=1d100 = 39 (to understand the Powerlord and Overlord)
Radio: Basic 95%=1d100 = 11

Murdoc takes in the sights, such as they are, then looks down appraising the condition of his power armor, still somewhat surprised that he was not removed from it while he was incapacitated. Of course my rifle and sword are gone, along with my harness and all the gear on it. Well, lets just hope they aren't still jamming the radios and the others aren't too far away. Frak, I wish I had seen which way we traveled.

Murdoc gives a heavy sign and slumps his shoulders as he flops to the ground. For now he ignores the others as he plays up the image of a captured and broken enemy. Sitting with his feet out and legs crossed he stares down into his lap, trying to look as dejected as possible. All while he activates his cyber radio and starts scrolling through the channels. At first he's just scanning to see if he can pick up anything. Once he makes a round through the channels, he'll land on the team frequency he was given just that morning and starts broadcasting in short bursts so he's hopefully not detected;
Templar come in
Landed at enemy camp
All accounted for

Dhaltuun wrote:"...At least I can make the prison food better. Haha"


Hearing this, Murdoc speaks aloud with a very subdued tone, "You know they're gonna fed us what's left of the people they killed." Then he quietly goes back to his radio bursts transmissions.

Tents; Command, barracks and one other
Two Towers
Barge platform east
tool and storage Pavilion southeast

After each burst, Murdoc stops for a moment and waits. Trying not to raise any suspicion he doesn't look around but he does strain his amplified hearing as much as possible, as he tries to detect any raised activity from the guards.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:56 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 18

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 4

Overlord wrote:”Are you Leo, the Crusher of Amallian? I’m a fan of your fights.”


Leo nods his head.

In his first days in the arena, he had tried, in every fight, to show mercy, to not kill and only survive. Sometimes, it was possible. With Amallian, it was not. Amallian had rushed him from the beginning of the fight, relishing in the response from the crowd. As they grew louder, he grew bloodthirstier.For the first part of the fight, Leo had fought defensively, seeking only to protect himself, but when Amallian became, for all intents and purposes, rabid, Leo knew he wasn't getting out of this fight until Amallian was dead.Amallian fought "dirty" - though what that is in a death match is up for debate. He bit, clawed, and aimed Low blows at Leo at every opportunity. After a particularly brutal hit that left Amallian dazed, Leo advised him to surrender. Amallian spat at him. The fight continued until they were both exhausted. Amallian, bleeding into his eyes and dazed from another haymaker, lowered his fists slightly. Seeing the opening, Leo hammered away, knocking him to the ground. The crowd exploded. Carried away by his impending victory, and the crowd's response to it, he then straddled the bio-borg, and hammered away until his head was a bloody mess, crushed under the weight of the titan juicer's fist. The crowd was in a frenzy. Leo was equal parts glad to be alive... and ashamed to be alive.

It was at that point he knew he could not spend the rest of his life as a slave.

Dhaltuun wrote:’You okay, my friend?’


Leo looks down, his face betraying deep sadness. "Amallian... is my great shame."

Dhaltuun wrote:’We got you. Ohana.”


Ohana? What does that mean? Leo nods his head. "Thank you."

Murdoc wrote:"You know they're gonna feed us what's left of the people they killed."


Leo hangs his head in shame.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Titan Plate Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 70/70
Right Arm: 50/50
Left Arm: 50/50
Right Leg: 60/60
Left Leg: 60/60
Main Body: 40/195
-5% to Prowl
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am


Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest