Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 92

Consumer wrote:Rufus and Jason make their way back towards the bunker. It’s not nearly as fast as their flight from the combat. By time the duo get near the bunker they see that the Splugorth Slavers are gone, along with the two Cargonauts. In their place are a dozen new figures, who at the moment seem to be just looking around with a general look of confusion. These newcomers are amazonian in size, some are mounted on monstrous cybernetic quadrupeds that look like alien bears. A few are standing near non-cyborged versions of what is likely the same creature. Oddly enough a few masquline figures are also there, they are on foot and seem to be looking for signs of what happened. One of them stands and points directly at Rufus and Jason. As almost an unspoken command, the group all turns to look at the duo on the edge of the clearing. ”Survivors.” Comes from the male who pointed them out.

The tallest, most ornamented, and arguably most beautiful of these exotic looking amazon-like d-bees holds up a hand and dismounts from her beast. ”Did you call out in distress?” She asks in accented american.


Rufus blinks. Well now, looks like we may not have been as far out in the middle of nowhere as we thought. "We did, actually..." he nods. "We were escorting a team of archaeologists out here at a dig site when we were jumped by Splugorth slavers. We were separated from the rest of our group and it looks like the rest have been taken."

"Speaking of..." he points to where the two Cargonauts had been parked. "They had two vehicles parked right over there. I'm guessing none of you saw any vehicles fleeing the scene here? And we're the only ones you've found here?" He shakes his head if they confirm. "That's not good. Either the Prof and his crew bugged out or the Splugorth stole their vehicles as well. Only one way to find out for sure though." He starts gliding over to the bunker entrance, then stops and turns back to the tallest of the new arrivals. "But I'm forgetting my manners. Se opravičujem. I'm Rufus, that's Jason in the bot. We're the Templar out of Merctown. And who might you be?"

He mulls over their appearances in his mind as he waits for a response, trying to think if he's ever heard or seen any references to D-bees or beasts that match their visual descriptions, before descending down to the bunker entrance and calling out to the professor and the others. Here's hoping they're okay and are just wondering where we went... he muses to himself as he tries to push aside the rather less charitable lines of thought that were swirling around in the back of his mind.

Attempts to Sort Out Who They Might Be
Lore: D-Bee -- 1d100 = 25/67%
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 11/77%


First Impressions
Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 53/40%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 6/25%
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 38

Consumer wrote: These newcomers are amazonian in size, some are mounted on monstrous cybernetic quadrupeds that look like alien bears. A few are standing near non-cyborged versions of what is likely the same creature. Oddly enough a few masquline figures are also there, they are on foot and seem to be looking for signs of what happened. One of them stands and points directly at Rufus and Jason. As almost an unspoken command, the group all turns to look at the duo on the edge of the clearing. ”Survivors.” Comes from the male who pointed them out.

The tallest, most ornamented, and arguably most beautiful of these exoctic looking amazon-like d-bees holds up a hand and dismounts from her beast. ”Did you call out in distress?” She asks in accented american.


Jason pauses and does a sensor sweep of the newcomers and area while Rufus does introductions. Are they what they seem to be or what...then again, what do they seem to be?
He then transforms to tank mode, makes sure that his armor radio is back on the team frequency to communicate with Rufus, and dismounts. He walks up to the leader.

"I am Jason Long. I was the one who sent the call. " Jason waits to see if they respond to Rufus' question. He will explain how they got jumped by the slavers, their numbers, and what kinds of enemies they were.

((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 75 % )) Checking the area and the newcomers
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% / 1d100 = 95% )) Trying to gain the newcomers trust
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:34 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 10:40 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Skills
Dhaltuun: Paramedic (check Jessie): She’s fine physically, only her chainmail seems damaged.
Paramedic (check Leo): Other than a goose egg on the back of his head, Leo seems fine.
Paramedic (check Sal): Sal seems fine.
Murdoc: Language: Dragonese/Elven (to understand the Powerlord and Overlord): Yep, you get their message loud and clear.
Radio: Basic (To send stealth burst transmission to those of the Templar that are free): Seems to work, time will tell.
Rufus: Lore: D-Bee (What are they?): Shemarrians, D-bee Amazonian warrior women with their monster rex mounts. The males are a new one to you, somewhere you’ve heard rumors of them existing, but no substantial information. The glorious looking one, is likely what people are calling a War Goddess, while the others seem to be a mix of normal ones and berzerkers.
Lore: Demons & Monsters (What are they?): D-Bees.
Charm/Impress
Invoke Trust/Intimidate
Jason: Sensory Equipment (Checking the area and the newcomers): The integrated sensor pod of your armor is great for heightened awareness, but doesn’t have any real interesting sensors in it. With Radar, you count around fourteen individuals, before the trees muddle the returns.
Invoke Trust/Intimidate (Trying to gain the newcomers trust)


With the Slavers
Murdoc, Leo, Dhaltuun, Sal

Map of Slave Camp

GM Note: Spell casters you can get 1 hour’s worth of meditation in for recovering P.P.E./I.S.P. ~Consumer

Dhaltuun checks the group and finds them more or less in fighting shape, most are now dressed in the tatters of body armor, but otherwise healthy. Murdoc sneakily listens in on the slaver’s conversation before even more sneakily sending out a set of burst transmissions. Leo recollects on his past and what his future may hold, while Sal tries and meditates, Dhaltuun tries as well. It seems to go well enough until about the hour mark when one of the Kittiani comes by and taps the metal platform with a sparking rod. The entirety of the group gets to enjoy a less than pleasant electrical shock, disrupting any thought of meditation for a while. ”Stop trying to regain your resources, or it’ll be worse next time.” The Kittiani says as he moves away from the cage once more.

At the Bunker
Jason & Rufus

GM Note: Jason, you had already dismounted the last post to enter the clearing. ~Consumer

Rufus wrote:"We did, actually..." he nods. "We were escorting a team of archaeologists out here at a dig site when we were jumped by Splugorth slavers. We were separated from the rest of our group and it looks like the rest have been taken."

"Speaking of..." he points to where the two Cargonauts had been parked. "They had two vehicles parked right over there. I'm guessing none of you saw any vehicles fleeing the scene here? And we're the only ones you've found here?" He shakes his head if they confirm. "That's not good. Either the Prof and his crew bugged out or the Splugorth stole their vehicles as well. Only one way to find out for sure though." He starts gliding over to the bunker entrance, then stops and turns back to the tallest of the new arrivals. "But I'm forgetting my manners. Se opravičujem. I'm Rufus, that's Jason in the bot. We're the Templar out of Merctown. And who might you be?"


The Shemarrian War Goddess listens to Rufus, an almost bored expression on her face. ”No we did not see any fleeing vehicles. And if you want to keep living, you’ll stop moving. You are in Shemmarian Nation territory, stealing from us as you have already admitted to. What makes you think we would take kindly to burglars in our lands. Luckily for you the idea of Splugorth in our lands angers me more. I need their numbers and any other information you have about them.” The now visibly irritated D-bee amazon says in accented American.

Jason Long wrote:"I am Jason Long. I was the one who sent the call. " Jason waits to see if they respond to Rufus' question. He will explain how they got jumped by the slavers, their numbers, and what kinds of enemies they were.


The War Goddess nods at Jason’s recount of the situation. ”Standard Slaver party.” She says before looking to one of the males. In the language of dragons and elves she barks out an order. ”Find their tracks, we’re hunting.” She looks back at the duo standing before her. ”You are lucky that the filth is a distraction or this encounter might have been very different. We will hunt them down and destroy them, if you’re lucky we may save your companions in the process.”

It’s about this moment that Jason starts receiving a series of burst transmissions.

Murdoc wrote:Templar come in
Landed at enemy camp
All accounted for
Tents; Command, barracks and one other
Two Towers
Barge platform east
tool and storage Pavilion southeast


The War Goddess is already mounting her Monster Rex, by time the message is finished. The males seem to have found a trail, and are pointing it out to the larger, more powerful women. The Shemarrian’s begin leaving the area heading north east from the bunker.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grendade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: High Magus Armor (Main Body): destroyed, -224 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) Destroyed (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -136 P.P.E.
Rufus: Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (Inactive), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round, -1 Smoke
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 MDC


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm

Perception: 1d200 = 103% / 68%
JIC: [dice]1d20[/dice / [dice]1d100[/dice]

Consumer wrote:The Shemarrian War Goddess listens to Rufus, an almost bored expression on her face. ”No we did not see any fleeing vehicles. And if you want to keep living, you’ll stop moving. You are in Shemmarian Nation territory, stealing from us as you have already admitted to. What makes you think we would take kindly to burglars in our lands. Luckily for you the idea of Splugorth in our lands angers me more. I need their numbers and any other information you have about them.” The now visibly irritated D-bee amazon says in accented American.


Consumer wrote:The War Goddess nods at Jason’s recount of the situation. ”Standard Slaver party.” She says before looking to one of the males. In the language of dragons and elves she barks out an order. ”Find their tracks, we’re hunting.” She looks back at the duo standing before her. ”You are lucky that the filth is a distraction or this encounter might have been very different. We will hunt them down and destroy them, if you’re lucky we may save your companions in the process.”


Jason thinks quickly about the information Murdoc provided. What would the towers be for, observation? weapon emplacement? How many troops would a camp like that support.... He jogs over to the War Goddess, calling out. Jason treats her with the same level of respect and deference that he would to a high ranking general. " Ma'am, I have more information for you. One of our team members was able to send a message with some details of the slaver camp. I do not know their standard units and organization, but what he describes could mean you are facing more than what we saw here. I would just ask that Rufus and I be allowed to secure things here and accompany you. In that way we can prove that we are not the thieves you assume we are. We had no way of knowing that this area was claimed by anyone. The Shemarrian Nation is completely unknown to me. " If she will allow it, Jason checks on the professor's team, briefing them and telling the professor to secure themselves in the bunker until they return.

If the Shemarrian will not allow Jason to check on the professor, he will still insist that he and Rufus be allowed to accompany them. "Ma'am, I am an experienced soldier with a machine that can give you long range supporting fire. I also have one more smoke round to block the vision of the slavers, if it would be of assistance. Or if setting long burning intense fires would provide a suitable distraction for your attack. " If she agrees, Jason will lay out the information Murdoc provided. "The enemy camp consists of three tents; one command, one barracks, and a third they could not identify the purpose of. There are two towers in the camp. A platform for the slaver's barge is on the east side of the camp and there is a pavilion for tools and other storage to the southeast. Based off of your experience, does this sound like a camp for only the numbers that we saw here? "

((Military Etiquette--92% / 1d100 = 66% )) showing the War Goddess proper respect
((Intelligence--86% / 1d100 = 10% ))determining the composition of the slaver forces based on too little information
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 38/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 85

Consumer wrote:”No we did not see any fleeing vehicles. And if you want to keep living, you’ll stop moving. You are in Shemmarian Nation territory, stealing from us as you have already admitted to. What makes you think we would take kindly to burglars in our lands. Luckily for you the idea of Splugorth in our lands angers me more. I need their numbers and any other information you have about them.” The now visibly irritated D-bee amazon says in accented American.


Rufus comes to a sudden stop, nods, and touches back down on the ground. "Again, se opravičujem. My apologies. We have very little information on this area and didn't know we were trespassing. I don't want to speak too much for the Professor but he doesn't strike me as the type who would be opposed to sharing information that he discovers with the Shemarrian Nation, or to knowingly remove any artifacts from your lands without at least some form of compensation." He cringes inside slightly. Or he just might be... but if these warrior women are right, they definitely have the high ground and right now we need their help in getting the others back.

He listens to Jason report their numbers as well as Murdoc's covert radio messages. His internal cringe gets closer to the surface as Jason persists on being allowed to help despite the War Goddess' clear dislike for the group's mere presence, and wishes for not the first time that he had psychic powers so he could communicate without being overt about it. Although... that gives me an idea. Hope Murdoc and the others are still listening in. The gears in his head start turning keys his comlink. "Boss? Rufus. I don't think these hunters really want our help here..." he says in a very low voice. "All we can do is be ready to act if more unexpected visitors should ride up out of nowhere. Know what I mean?"

If Jason gives him a strange look, he'll give him a wink and a nod. Please catch on. Please catch on. Please catch on.

Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 96/77%
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 21/77% (2nd attempt)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am

Mini-GM Update

By time Jason gets all the information from Murdoc, he looks up to find the Wargoddess already three-quarters of the way onto her mount when he speaks up.

Jason Long wrote:" Ma'am, I have more information for you. One of our team members was able to send a message with some details of the slaver camp. I do not know their standard units and organization, but what he describes could mean you are facing more than what we saw here. I would just ask that Rufus and I be allowed to secure things here and accompany you. In that way we can prove that we are not the thieves you assume we are. We had no way of knowing that this area was claimed by anyone. The Shemarrian Nation is completely unknown to me. "


The War Goddess looks down from her mount. The angle only adds to the fact Jason is considerably shorter than this Amazonian-D-bee. The look on her face is one of annoyance, than compassion. Jason can see that this being has zero care for him or his existence.

"You misunderstand me human. I didn't ask you to join us, nor do I care what you have to do before leaving. And whether your ignorance of this being our lands is true or a fallacy is of no importance, you've done the deed, it makes you and yours guilty either way. We are going to hunt, the Splugorth do not have enough creatures on this continent to contend with the Shemarrian Nation, so they have to sneak like the scavengers they are."

The War Goddess pauses, obviously waiting for something.

Jason Long wrote:"Ma'am, I am an experienced soldier with a machine that can give you long range supporting fire. I also have one more smoke round to block the vision of the slavers, if it would be of assistance. Or if setting long burning intense fires would provide a suitable distraction for your attack. "


The War Goddess seems unmoved by Jason's request and offer of help. "We're leaving."

Rufus wrote: "Again, se opravičujem. My apologies. We have very little information on this area and didn't know we were trespassing. I don't want to speak too much for the Professor but he doesn't strike me as the type who would be opposed to sharing information that he discovers with the Shemarrian Nation, or to knowingly remove any artifacts from your lands without at least some form of compensation."


The War Goddess just shakes her head and urges her mount on.

Rufus wrote:"Boss?... [Static] ...think these hunters... [static] ...want our help here..." he says in a very low voice. "All we can do is be ready to act if more unexpected visitors should ride up out of nowhere. Know what I mean?"


With the Shemarrian's leaving the area the duo of Jason and Rufus are free to check on the professor. Whom they find rather deep in a dusty underground complex of ancient office spaces. He seems genuinely confused when he's told what happened as they heard nothing while inside the bunker. Apparently once you get more than a dozen feet in, radio becomes unreliable at best, and non-existent as a normal.

GM Note: If you want to follow the Shemarrian's you have a short window of time before their more obvious trail goes cold. ~Consumer

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 53
JIC: 1d100 = 99 1d20 = 5

Radio: Basic 95%=1d100 = 31

Murdoc flails back, sprawled onto the ground when the shock hits and jerks around a bit. As he over acts to the shock he looks around a bit more, pinpointing just where all the players are. He also tried to see if the cage they're in is attached to the ground or if its just help in place by its weight. Maybe Leo and I can heft it up enough to slip out under. He rolls over onto his belly, still very glad the left him in his power armor.

Giving a heavy sigh, Murdoc climbs to his feet and wanders over to Leo, leaning in he whispers, "Be strong. Be ready." Leo was having a hard time with our capture. You think these guys have caught him before? His head tips up as he takes and deep breath and lets loose what sounds like a sob before saying, "Don't let them eat me." Then he leans back in and whispers again, "I got a radio message out. Help is coming. What can we expect from these guys?"

Murdoc suddenly turns and drags his feet through the dirt as he moves toward the other two, "You two are useless. Assistance in pissing them off isn't a good idea. You should Arrive at the conclusion that we'll be here for a while." Murdoc looks at the pair of magic users before he flops back down and hangs his head between his knees. Insistence, assistance. Frak I hope those two caught the word flub and inflection and the monkeys don't know American well enough to tell the difference.

Murdoc attempts another burst transmission but simply replies with, "Roger"
Last edited by Murdoc on Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:59 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 77

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 61

As Leo's mood sinks to blackness, a message shines through.

Salomon wrote:Leo... we will get out of this and get you to your family again... stay strong! Don't let despair take hold!


Leo looks up, at his new teammates. These few whom he'd just met and who now share his fate, for good or ill. I will fight. I WILL fight! He sets his jaw, and looks around.

Murdoc wrote:"Be strong. Be ready."


Leo nods.

Murdoc wrote: "I got a radio message out. Help is coming. What can we expect from these guys?"


"Mostly, slaves are beneath their notice. We're a payday, nothing more. I might tip that calculation though, 'cause they know me. Best chance to escape is quietly - if we make noise we draw the whole camp down on us. When I escaped before, it was taking advantage of an opportunity that presented itself."

Leo looks around, to try to gauge the strength of the enemy camp. Looks like... 15? 20 enemies? We're surrounded. Path to the north gets us under cover of the woods fastest... but first gotta get out of the cage. Weapons are gone. Hell... the only asset I have is my celebrity.

Suddenly, Murdoc lashes out at Sal and Dhaltuun.

Murdoc wrote:"You two are useless. Assistance in pissing them off isn't a good idea. You should arrive at the conclusion that we'll be here for a while."


What's your plan, Murdoc? Get them to come separate us? Maybe it could work... if they open the cage and we prepare to run. But then we have the whole squad of them after us as we run through unfamiliar woods. It's a dicey plan... but I ain't got a better one.

He rubs his wrists where the shackles had been - still feeling the heavy weight of them even after theyv'e been removed. Just let's do whatever the plan is... just be ready to move.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 56
JIC (20): 1d20 = 14

Conditions at end of post: meditating




Consumer wrote:Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 10:40 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds



With the Slavers
Murdoc, Leo, Dhaltuun, Sal

Map of Slave Camp

GM Note: Spell casters you can get 1 hour’s worth of meditation in for recovering P.P.E./I.S.P. ~Consumer

Dhaltuun checks the group and finds them more or less in fighting shape, most are now dressed in the tatters of body armor, but otherwise healthy. Murdoc sneakily listens in on the slaver’s conversation before even more sneakily sending out a set of burst transmissions. Leo recollects on his past and what his future may hold, while Sal tries and meditates, Dhaltuun tries as well. It seems to go well enough until about the hour mark when one of the Kittiani comes by and taps the metal platform with a sparking rod. The entirety of the group gets to enjoy a less than pleasant electrical shock, disrupting any thought of meditation for a while. ”Stop trying to regain your resources, or it’ll be worse next time.” The Kittiani says as he moves away from the cage once more.


Annoyed, the Stone-Man suppresses the urge to mouth off something ugly to the ape-faced idiot - barely. I'll show you 'worse' as soon as I get my hands around your neck... he thinks angrily.




Murdoc wrote:
Giving a heavy sigh, Murdoc climbs to his feet and wanders over to Leo, leaning in he whispers, "Be strong. Be ready." Leo was having a hard time with our capture. You think these guys have caught him before? His head tips up as he takes and deep breath and lets loose what sounds like a sob before saying, "Don't let them eat me." Then he leans back in and whispers again, "I got a radio message out. Help is coming. What can we expect from these guys?"


What is he talking about? thinks Sal as the newcomer acts strangely. He then reads Murdoc's mind:
Murdoc's Mind wrote:Insistence, assistance. Frak I hope those two caught the word flub and inflection and the monkeys don't know American well enough to tell the difference.


He also notices the two speaking in lower tones and catches on.

Telepathy to Murdoc: Understood. Let me know when.

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc suddenly turns and drags his feet through the dirt as he moves toward the other two, "You two are useless. Assistance in pissing them off isn't a good idea. You should Arrive at the conclusion that we'll be here for a while." Murdoc looks at the pair of magic users before he flops back down and hangs his head between his knees.


Sal smirks at Murdoc and puts on a show of a scowl. "Oh yeah?" he says in a challenging manner, and then waits until Murdoc turns around and looks at him. "Who says we were trying to piss them off?" he says in a scornful reply - but winks at Murdoc.

With an overly dramatic sigh, he says loudly, "Whatever, I'm over it. Now we're captured, and we just have to wait until they decide what to do with us. May as well get some shut-eye in the meanwhile - who knows when we'll get it next."

With that, Sal will lay down and pretend to sleep, while he's really secretly aware and meditating in a prone/sleeping position.

Telepathy to Leo: Faking it. Please let me know if one of our captors approaches- just whistle a tune, or hum, or something innocuous, so I can cover.

If Leo whistles or hums or "drops a hint" while Sal is meditating, he will make loud snoring noises to act as though he's asleep.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 136/252
I.S.P.: 69/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +16% (P.E.)+5% (High Magus, One With The Body) = +21%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +4
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Illusions: +2 (+8 if magic)
Mind Control: +5
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35 /68%
JIC: 1d210 = 55 Not sure what this roll is. ~Consumer/ ;

Rufus wrote: "Boss? Rufus. I don't think these hunters really want our help here..." he says in a very low voice.


Well, no shit... Jason thinks to himself in uncustomary frustration. Roger Jason radios back. Once they are sure that the Professor's team is ok, Jason jogs back to Bonaparte and brings him up to the camp. He calls Rufus in to the Behemoth while changes into his Triarius armor and loads a backpack with ammunition and explosives. He hooks 4 plasma grenades on his belt, loads 4lbs of MD plastique, 100' of det cord, detonators, pressure and time delay fuses into his pack.

"Ok, Rufus, they think we are staying here like good little boys. What's you plan?" If Rufus brings up the idea of flying Jason gets a queasy feeling in his stomach, remembers that the team is counting on them and gets it under control.

With weapons and gear loaded, Jason starts towards the Shemarrian's trail.

((Radio: Basic--107% / 1d100 = 3% )) replying to Rufus
((Tracking (People)--102% / 1d100 = 70% )) track Shemarrians
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 64

Conditions:
- Screw this, I'll do the math from this post tomorrow (or sometime later today, as is the case).

Rufus stays behind in the bunker while Jason retrieves his tank, making sure the Professor and his crew are safe and bringing them up to speed on the unexpected presence of the Shemarrians -- along with their being not too happy as to the group's presence in their territory.

Jason Long wrote:He calls Rufus in to the Behemoth while changes into his Triarius armor and loads a backpack with ammunition and explosives. He hooks 4 plasma grenades on his belt, loads 4lbs of MD plastique, 100' of det cord, detonators, pressure and time delay fuses into his pack.

"Ok, Rufus, they think we are staying here like good little boys. What's you plan?" If Rufus brings up the idea of flying Jason gets a queasy feeling in his stomach, remembers that the team is counting on them and gets it under control.

With weapons and gear loaded, Jason starts towards the Shemarrian's trail.


"My plan, moj prijatelj?" Rufus growls as he starts stuffing his pockets with grenades. "My plan is that we load up with kablooey eggs and follow those Shemarrians to where our friends are being held. Then we shove these things so far up their arseholes that when they so much as fart they'll blow their own heads off!!!!" He stops suddenly and takes a deep breath. "Sorry. Chief Optimus was fond of saying 'anger is a weapon only to one's opponent.' I say we follow our new friends to wherever the slavers are camped out, then cause as much mayhem among the Sploogs as we can and help the Shemarrians take them by surprise. While they're mopping up we find the others and get them out. The Professor's Cargonauts are gone, so it's logical to assume the slavers stole them -- which would be good as we can use them to drive back here. There's not enough time to get Carny back online and follow them that way, and your tank looks like it's 3 rivets away from being scrap metal, so... how do you feel about flying?" Anticipating the strange look, he adds. "I'll cast a flight spell on us both. They last about 2 hours and allow you to fly up to 50 miles per hour. That should allow us to follow the hunters without getting too close to them or the slavers." He stuffs the last grenade into a pouch and waves for Jason to follow. "Speaking of, they're not waiting for us so we'd better get a move on."

((OOC: Rufus takes 4 plasma grenades and 4 smoke grenades from the Behemoth's stores))

He leads Jason outside and places one hand on the soldier's chest and the other on his own. "ইগল হিসাবে উড়ে আসা..." As the two start floating up off the ground, he gives Jason a grin. "It's easy, boss. Just think of a wonderful thought -- any happy little thought. You'll find it's as easy as having wings. Give it a moment and it'll feel as natural as walking." He gives a little spin. "Now let's go blow the sranje out of some Sploogies."

He takes off in pursuit of the Shemarrians, and when he catches up he keeps a respectful distance behind them and trying to keep just below tree level as much as possible to keep from revealing himself to any Splugorth sentries along the way.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 15
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20
APM: 6

PPE: 10 at end of post / 136



Conditions:
P.P.E. Recovery: For the Shifter, spent P.P.E. recovers at a rate of five points per hour of sleep or rest. Meditation restores P.P.E. at 10 per hour of meditation and is equal to one hour of sleep for this character when it comes to recovery from fatigue and physical rest


Skills:



Post -
Dhaltuun’s sitting body goes rock still as the current rushes thru him. As the surge dissipates, He throws a look of pure hatred at the back of the thing’s head. ’By Njord, i will end you and your kind.” He then pulls his knees to his chest, crosses his arms across them and rests his head on his arms. He raises his head when he hears The others moving around. As he watches and listens to the new guy talk to Leo, Dhaltuun smiles. ’As i said, Ohana. Family, no one gets forgotten or left behind.”

He watches as Murdoc leans in towards Leo. ”I wonder what's up? He must have something in mind. I will watch and just follow along. I move when they move.’ He lowers his head to appear beaten. He keeps watch on their capturers thru eyes filled with murderous intent from his position. Taking a deep breath, he tries to quell the rage enough to get free, then all or nothing.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 11:40 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Skills
Murdoc: Radio: Basic

Jason: Radio: Basic (replying to Rufus): Rufus gets the message.
Tracking (People) (track Shemarrians): Not as easy as it seems, but it is managed.


With the Slavers
Murdoc, Leo, Dhaltuun, Sal

Murdoc tries to covertly tell the group that help is on the way, some get others don’t. The kittiani guard walking the area doesn’t seem to pay the yelling much attention, as it doesn’t last very long. Sal thinks he has a way to gain energy back, and gives it a go, but finds it foiled once again, as the Kittani walks by and nonchalantly shocks the platform and everyone in the cage. (The Cage is built on a metal platform, that seemed to be a bit of confusion). They seem to do this now every ten to fifteen minutes, with gleeful chuckles.

At the Bunker and on the way.
Jason & Rufus

Jason and Rufus quickly gather supplies and with flight spells cast, make their way behind the Shemarrian hunting party. It takes them several long minutes of flight to catch up to seeing them in the distance. Jason notices that the dozen or so Shemarrians now number over twenty, and is surprised to see every few minutes more and more of them moving into the hunting group which now resembles a terrifying war party. By the time the Shemarrians slow down to approach the camp they number around fifty strong. The two of them can’t help but watch in awe as fifty warrior women and their monstrous mounts begin to move in silent unison. Neither mercenary has ever seen such a feat in a large group such as this.

At the Slave Camp
Everyone

From the outside looking in, the next few moments are one for the history books. From the inside looking out, it is several seconds of absolute hellish chaos. The camp is shocked to motion as more than a dozen sonic booms go off in quick succession, this is almost immediately followed by roars and screams as giant amazonian d-dee warriors and their monstrous mounts come charging out of the woods. Almost instantly the Slave Barge is collided with as vibro swords and railgun rounds hammer it’s force fields and carapace. The two watchtowers quickly topple under sustained fire from mass drivers. The Templar in the cage can really only watch in shock as the Altara and Kittiani are gunned down and slaughtered by a horde of amazonian women. It is slightly reminiscent of what had just happened to them a few short hours ago, as the Slave Camp is overrun in sheer numbers. In the end it only takes the warriors fifteen seconds to crush whatever resistance the slave camp could muster, but the Templar can see no sign of the Overlord or Powerlord.

A minute or so later the Templar in the cage can see Jason and Rufus floating at the edge of the camp. While the Shemarrians are already policing the bodies and moving stuff. (Anyone who speaks Dragonese/Elven can understand the following.) ”Their leaders have fled, likely with magic. We’ve collected one bio-wizardry weapon and several bio-wizard items used for pacification. They’re ready for destruction at your will War Goddess. We’ve also acquired a few magical trinkets from the Altara, for the nation”

While the Shemarrians talk a much smaller male approaches, and with a pair of bolt cutters, cuts off the locks holding the cage’s door sealed. ”You're free, your friends I think are over there.” The d-bee says before pointing at Jason and Rufus.

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grenade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: High Magus Armor (Main Body): destroyed, -224 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) Destroyed (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -136 P.P.E.
Rufus: Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (Inactive), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round, -1 Smoke
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 MDC


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 85
JIC (20): 1d20 = 1

Conditions at end of post:




Consumer wrote:Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 11:40 AM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


With the Slavers
Murdoc, Leo, Dhaltuun, Sal

Murdoc tries to covertly tell the group that help is on the way, some get others don’t. The kittiani guard walking the area doesn’t seem to pay the yelling much attention, as it doesn’t last very long. Sal thinks he has a way to gain energy back, and gives it a go, but finds it foiled once again, as the Kittani walks by and nonchalantly shocks the platform and everyone in the cage. (The Cage is built on a metal platform, that seemed to be a bit of confusion). They seem to do this now every ten to fifteen minutes, with gleeful chuckles.


The Amaki stubbornly settles back into meditation once again after the shock. He'd do this whether I meditated or not; it's entertainment for them he thinks as he notices them chuckling.

It matters not; Sal has decided he will persist in the face of adversity, even if it kills him. He is now overcome by a zen-like calm and begins again after every interruption as if it were just a temporary setback.




Consumer wrote:At the Slave Camp
Everyone

From the outside looking in, the next few moments are one for the history books. From the inside looking out, it is several seconds of absolute hellish chaos. The camp is shocked to motion as more than a dozen sonic booms go off in quick succession, this is almost immediately followed by roars and screams as giant amazonian d-dee warriors and their monstrous mounts come charging out of the woods. Almost instantly the Slave Barge is collided with as vibro swords and railgun rounds hammer it’s force fields and carapace. The two watchtowers quickly topple under sustained fire from mass drivers. The Templar in the cage can really only watch in shock as the Altara and Kittiani are gunned down and slaughtered by a horde of amazonian women. It is slightly reminiscent of what had just happened to them a few short hours ago, as the Slave Camp is overrun in sheer numbers. In the end it only takes the warriors fifteen seconds to crush whatever resistance the slave camp could muster, but the Templar can see no sign of the Overlord or Powerlord.

A minute or so later the Templar in the cage can see Jason and Rufus floating at the edge of the camp. While the Shemarrians are already policing the bodies and moving stuff. (Anyone who speaks Dragonese/Elven can understand the following.) ”Their leaders have fled, likely with magic. We’ve collected one bio-wizardry weapon and several bio-wizard items used for pacification. They’re ready for destruction at your will War Goddess. We’ve also acquired a few magical trinkets from the Altara, for the nation”

While the Shemarrians talk a much smaller male approaches, and with a pair of bolt cutters, cuts off the locks holding the cage’s door sealed. ”You're free, your friends I think are over there.” The d-bee says before pointing at Jason and Rufus.


The sudden surprise attack by the Shemarrians startles Sal from his zen-like trance. From his time spent in the Dweomer Defense forces, he knows what a coordinated assault looks like. Perhaps this is the rescue Murdoc spoke of? he thinks.

He watches as the Shemarrians make short work of the Splugorth. Alas, the High Lord and Overlord are nowhere to be found, to his disappointment. Was looking forward to a rematch with those two... he thinks. No matter... I'll take freedom without revenge over revenge without freedom.

When the male cuts the locks off the cage and declares them free, Sal stands and thanks him. "Thank you for your assistance. That was quite an assault you and your compatriots mounted."

Unsure of what else to say to the strange being, he walks over to where Rufus and Jason are. "What took you so long?" he says with a wink. "The Professor....?" he asks, uncertain of the Professor's fate.

Sal will retrieve his gear, where able to, and celebrate his freedom with his friends and companions.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 136/252
I.S.P.: 69/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +16% (P.E.)+5% (High Magus, One With The Body) = +21%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +4
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Illusions: +2 (+8 if magic)
Mind Control: +5
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Percep 74%: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d100 = 50 1d20 = 11

Language: Dragonese / Elven 82%=1d100 = 8

Find Contraband: 65%=1d100 = 16
Detect Concealment 55%=1d100 = 70


When the first blast lets loose, Murdoc drops to his belly. Its no fun getting hit be friendly fire. Wait, this ain't the tank coming in for the win. Who the hell are these guys? He keeps low as he watches the assault. In the end he's impressed at how quickly these new people take down the Splougorth minions. Frak, those two ass hats got away. The team really needs to talk tactics about how we lost that first fight. But first, He watches the smallish male d-bee come over and free them as he rises to his feet.

Sal is the first to speak but Murdoc cuts in, in Dragonese, as he rest a hand on Sal's shoulder and says, "Assistance. That implies we helped. These people did this all themselves." He faces the d-bee, "Thank you. And thank your leaders for me as well."

When directed toward Rufus and Jason, Murdoc nods then walks over to the pavilion tent that is to the southeast of the cage. Pushing into the interior, he begins searching for his confiscated items, though he wouldn't be opposed to taking any other interesting looking items that he might come across.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:06 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 86

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 95

Leo sees the Kittani coming, but is too late to warn Sal. Just as he purses his lips to whistle, the current races through him, causing his hands to quake. When the sensation passes, he says, quietly, "I'm sorry Salomon... I didn't see him in time."

Soon, cascading sonic booms rock the damp, Leo hits the deck and drags anyone nearby down with him as well, covering his head and theirs with his massive arms.

This is it! This is the opportunity! Leo raises his head, during the chaos, to see what's going on. Maybe while they're fighting I can bend the bars enough to let my smaller teammates out... During the commotion he drags himself to the bars, bringing his body parallel to them. Pull with the arms, push with the legs, create a gap... He places his feet against a bar, then sits up and grabs the bar with his hands, flinching and ducking at every explosion or nearby impact. He begins to pull with his arms, pushing with his legs, hoping to bend the bars just enough.

Just as he strains the chaos dies down. He looks around, seeing the Shemarrians making quick work of the slave barge, the kittani, and the altara. He does not see the Kydians.

Slowly he gets to his feet as one of their benefactors comes over and opens the cage.

Small male Shemarrian wrote:”You're free, your friends I think are over there.”


Leo is the last to leave the cage. He exits, glad to be free again.

Leo looks down at the much smaller man. "Thank you. I can't say how glad I am not to have to be their slave again."
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:37 am

**Rolls Held**

Leo wrote:Leo sees the Kittani coming, but is too late to warn Sal. Just as he purses his lips to whistle, the current races through him, causing his hands to quake. When the sensation passes, he says, quietly, "I'm sorry Salomon... I didn't see him in time."


The Stone-Man nods and says, "Don't sweat it. I have a feeling they'd do it no matter what we do," He smiles at the big man.

Leo blames himself for far too much.




After the rescue...

Murdoc wrote:Sal is the first to speak but Murdoc cuts in, in Dragonese, as he rest a hand on Sal's shoulder and says, "Assistance. That implies we helped. These people did this all themselves." He faces the d-bee, "Thank you. And thank your leaders for me as well."


The Amaki grins and chimes in, also in Dragonese. "Of course we helped - they wouldn't have even had a place to attack if not for us being here," he says with a wink. He follows up with, "Say... how did you know help was on the way, anyhow?" he asks curiously.

It's obvious the High Magus is in a better mood now that he's not being zapped every 15 minutes by slavers.

Leo wrote:Leo looks down at the much smaller man. "Thank you. I can't say how glad I am not to have to be their slave again."


"Indeed, my massive friend," he says. "We dodged a bullet on this one, so to speak. Now, let's get our gear and get the hell out of this place. I've still got a plant to find, and we need to see if our wonderful client - you know, the one who wouldn't let us properly prepare - is still alive and able to pay us for our efforts."

He frowns as he recalls his and Leo's armor being destroyed. Plus costs... he thinks with a smug smile.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 136/252
I.S.P.: 69/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +16% (P.E.)+5% (High Magus, One With The Body) = +21%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +4
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Illusions: +2 (+8 if magic)
Mind Control: +5
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/72%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 64

Conditions:
- PPE: 105/242 at the end of this post
- Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle is active. 50mph flight speed. Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 60 minutes/240 melees remaining
- NG-45LP: 7/8 shots remaining in clip
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 6/8 shots remaining in clip

Rufus lets out a long whistle as he watches the Shemarrians make short work of the Splugorth slavers. "Wow. Why can't we move like that?" he asks out loud to nobody. I almost feel sorry for the slavers... he snorts in spite of himself. "Almost."

When the proverbial dust settles he floats down by the War Goddess and offers her a deep bow. "That was... downright beautiful, moja gospa. Without you I'm afraid our friends would have wound up slaves for the rest of their lives. The Templar are in the Shemarrian Nation's debt and we are eternally grateful. How can we repay you?" I'm pretty sure it's going to involve 'get off our land' sooner rather than later...

Salomón wrote:Unsure of what else to say to the strange being, he walks over to where Rufus and Jason are. "What took you so long?" he says with a wink. "The Professor....?" he asks, uncertain of the Professor's fate.


Rufus shrugs. "We were trying to find where Dhaltuun hid the popcorn. It was taking so long we were afraid you were getting bored so we just came on." He chuckles. "The Prof and his crew are fine. Would you believe they didn't even know anything happened?"

He goes to check on the other Templar to make sure they're okay (all things considered). "Say prijatelji -- did you happen to see the Professor's trucks? They were missing from camp so we figured the slavers took them with them. Let's see if we can find them and get them back to their rightful owners, yes?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 75
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21
APM: 6

PPE: 10 at end of post / 136



Conditions:



Skills:
Dimension sense - can also be used to detect dimension-based magic in use (including teleportation, portals, temporal magic, etc.). Activating this aspect of the power costs one melee action; the sensing may be extended for one minute per level by sacrificing another action. If the skill roll is successful, the shifter can attempt to alter (but not stop) the magic being cast. 59% / 1d100 = 6

Sense Rifts
Range - within 110 miles +20 miles per level
Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 55 miles +10 miles per level
He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.



Post -
Dhaltuun jumps to his feet as the camp explodes. In an instant, he tunes his senses for dimensional magics in action. Taking a moment, he lets it all sink in, then he runs to the bars near the door. Seeing Leo trying to move the bars, Dhaltuun gets into position beside him and adds his strength to the task.

After straining for a second or two, Dhaltuun feels the familiar tingle of Marcella being nearby. ”Help is closeby. I feel Marcella. She is close.” ’Marcella my girl!! I am glad you are here. Follow the uglies *insert mental pic of highlord* Keep eyes on it and its friends. Do not engage.” He then releases the bars as the rescuers approach. Dhaltuun steps back when the door opens.

He just looks on while the others speak. ’I need to learn that flowery tongue. Seems I am the only user of magic that doesn't know it.” As the others exit the cage, Dhaltuun lets out a whistle, calling Cat. He looks for Jessie. ’You okay? Lets get our gear and then find the ones who escaped.” He looks at Leo ”I am trying to sense if they used magic to escape. If i can do it, i may be able to trace them or, if lucky, follow them. Just let me regain my weapons and anything else I can, then we go.” Dhaltuun heads off to retrieve his gear as well as anything that catches his eyes as he walks.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 42

Consumer wrote:Jason notices that the dozen or so Shemarrians now number over twenty, and is surprised to see every few minutes more and more of them moving into the hunting group which now resembles a terrifying war party. By the time the Shemarrians slow down to approach the camp they number around fifty strong. The two of them can’t help but watch in awe as fifty warrior women and their monstrous mounts begin to move in silent unison. Neither mercenary has ever seen such a feat in a large group such as this.


Jason can't help but be impressed. He had seen a lot of combat maneuvers, but never anything as smoothly like this. There is no jostling for position or wasted moves. That leader must have some impressive command and control system in her armor. Also the amount of discipline in the group to form up in silence like this. I wish the training sergeant back at the academy could see this.

During the slaughter, it was too one sided to call it a battle, Jason's awe is overtaken by his curiosity. He had seen more than his fair share of high tech weapons and combat, but this was something different. He carefully analyzes the Shemarrian tactics and weapons. recording what he can with his armor's computer. The combat was over too quickly for him to make sense of it all then and there, but hopefully he will learn something by studying it later.


Consumer wrote:While the Shemarrians talk a much smaller male approaches, and with a pair of bolt cutters, cuts off the locks holding the cage’s door sealed. ”You're free, your friends I think are over there.” The d-bee says before pointing at Jason and Rufus.


Jason hurries over to the other Templar. He acknowledges the male Shemarrian first. "Thank you for aiding our companions. Please convey my thanks to your leader as well. I have been a soldier for many years and have never seen any being as skilled in battle as she." Jason waits to see if the male has any response or just heads back to the others. Once he can do so politely, Jason turns towards the others. "How is everyone? Is anyone badly injured?"

((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 73% )) gathering intel on the battle
((Intelligence--91% / 1d100 = 57% )) interpreting what he sees
((Recognize Weapon Quality--87% / 1d100 = 10 )) analyzing their weapons, at a distance
((Computer Operation--105% / 1d100 = 24% )) recording his observations
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:38 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 1:40 PM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Skills
Murdoc: Find Contraband No exactly the ideal skill for the situation, but see the attached things found list.
Detect Concealment: Looks clear.

GM Note: Please note what you are using the skill to accomplish, as this is the first offence, I will let it go. I tend to ignore skills that aren’t noted as such. ~Consumer

Dhaltuun: Dimension sense Two teleportations, their end destination is not in range to sense. So Dhaltuun has no idea where they went.

Jason: Sensory Equipment (Gathering intel on the battle): It’s very short and very tactical, not much to get really.
Intelligence (Interpreting what he sees.): Superior numbers, Surprise, and Superior weaponry took the field today.
Recognize Weapon Quality (Analyzing their weapons, at a distance.): Railguns, Plasma weapons, Missiles, Vibro-Swords, all of superior quality than Jason is used to.
Computer Operation (Recording his observations.): All recorded.


At the Ruined Slave Camp
Everyone

Salomón wrote:"Thank you for your assistance. That was quite an assault you and your compatriots mounted."


The Shemarrian male just nods. ”I really did nothing, my War Goddess is the one who receive all praise.”

Murdoc wrote:"Assistance. That implies we helped. These people did this all themselves." He faces the d-bee, "Thank you. And thank your leaders for me as well."


Again the man nods. ”I shall do as requested.”

Leo wrote:"Thank you. I can't say how glad I am not to have to be their slave again."


The man nods once more and gives a warm look to Leo, that is oddly reassuring.

Salomón wrote:"Of course we helped - they wouldn't have even had a place to attack if not for us being here," he says with a wink. He follows up with, "Say... how did you know help was on the way, anyhow?" he asks curiously.


The man shakes his head. ”We would have found this camp eventually, it was operating to brashly to not be found. Running into your companions just sped up the process.”

Meanwhile Rufus approaches the War Goddess, respendent on her mount.

Rufus wrote:"That was... downright beautiful, moja gospa. Without you I'm afraid our friends would have wound up slaves for the rest of their lives. The Templar are in the Shemarrian Nation's debt and we are eternally grateful. How can we repay you?"

She briefly looks down at the Kankoran Ley Line Walker. ”Find your way out of our lands, and not make us have to force you out, and the debt will be repaid.” The War Goddess says with a coldness, that Rufus clearly gets the hint.

Meanwhile back at the cage.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote: ’You okay? Lets get our gear and then find the ones who escaped.” He looks at Leo ”I am trying to sense if they used magic to escape. If i can do it, i may be able to trace them or, if lucky, follow them. Just let me regain my weapons and anything else I can, then we go.”


Jessie looks to Dhaltuun, ”Yes, I am fine, you already checked me over an hour ago.”

Jason Approaches with Rufus not far behind.

Jason Long wrote:"Thank you for aiding our companions. Please convey my thanks to your leader as well. I have been a soldier for many years and have never seen any being as skilled in battle as she." Jason waits to see if the male has any response or just heads back to the others. Once he can do so politely, Jason turns towards the others. "How is everyone? Is anyone badly injured?"


The male again nods. ”I will do as requested.” The male Shemarrian makes his way back to his own and is lost in the crown so to speak.

The group chats for a bit before taking on the challenge of finding their missing gear. The Shemmarian’s are to the north of the camp burning the bodies of the slavers and systematically dismantling the slave barge, reducing it to scrap metal and vicera.

The group after a while finds a majority of their gear in two locations. Those items that are purely technological are in the tent to the south of the repair platform. While the items that are magical are found in the command tent. The group also finds the two missing cargonauts parked to the south of the camp (just off map). By time the team has gathered it’s equipment the Shemarrian’s are done with their clean up and have begun to disperse back into the surrounding swamp.

That leaves the group alone and a ways away from their own camp. So now mounted up in two trucks the Templar make their way back to the camp. The trip is serene and seems to take away a lot of the previous weight of the last few hours. Upon arriving at camp, the Templar now wholly reunited, find the Archeologists near their Pathmaker deep in discussion. They all look up at the arrival and seem genuinely happy at the site.

Now Dhaltuun senses Marcella.

Loot found
Code: Select all
[b]K-1 Sniper Laser Rifle & Launcher[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/03/08/20190308003411-dbdd1f2a.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 2,000', 1,000' for launcher
[*]Damage: 4D6 M.D. or 6D6 M.D. from grenade
[*]Rate of Fire: single shots only
[*]Payload: 20 shots per E-clip or 30 per LE-clip; 2 grenades (1 melee to reload)
[*]Weight: 6 lbs.
[*]Features: Infrared telescopic sight (2,000')
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike with SPGs
[*]Book Reference: p.137, WB2[/list][/size]


2
Code: Select all
[b]K-1 Sniper Laser Rifle & Launcher[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/03/08/20190308003411-dbdd1f2a.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 2,000', 1,000' for launcher
[*]Damage: 4D6 M.D. or 6D6 M.D. from grenade
[*]Rate of Fire: single shots only
[*]Payload: 20 shots per E-clip or 30 per LE-clip; 2 grenades (1 melee to reload)
[*]Weight: 6 lbs.
[*]Features: Infrared telescopic sight (2,000')
[*]Modifiers: +1 to strike with SPGs
[*]Book Reference: p.137, WB2[/list][/size]


2
Code: Select all
[b]Laser Wrist Blaster[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/02/18/20190218203911-b7fb6b84.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 1,200'
[*]Damage: 2D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: up to 5 shots per melee
[*]Payload: 60 shots, back-pack recharges completely in four hours
[*]Weight: 6 lbs.
[*]Features: Splugorth design
[*]Modifiers: None
[*]Book Reference: p.152, WB2[/list][/size]


Code: Select all
[b]KEP-Special Energy Pump Pistol[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/03/07/20190307185811-22593ffc.png[/img]
[size=85][list][*]Range: 200'
[*]Damage: 5D6 M.D.
[*]Rate of Fire: single shots only
[*]Payload: 10 shots per E-clip, 20 per LE-clip
[*]Weight: 4 lbs.
[*]Features: None
[*]Modifiers: None
[*]Book Reference: p.137, WB2[/list][/size]


2
Code: Select all
[b]Environmental Body Armor (Medium)[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/26/20180926213141-9744f265.png[/img]
[size=85][u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
[list][*]Helmet: 40
[*]Arms: 35 each
[*]Legs: 45 each
[*]Main Body: 80[/list]
Weight: 20 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to -10% movement penalty.
[u]Features:[/u]
[list][*]All features standard to environmental armor p.267, R:UE)
[*]Built-in loudspeaker; 80 decibels.
[*]Directional, short-range radio built into the helmet. Range is 150 miles in outer space.
[*]Handheld Mini-Computer: A multi-purpose miniature computer and display that is either built into the forearm near the wrist or can be removed from a compartment on the forearm, shoulder or hip and used as a handheld device. Roughly the size of a modern Earth cell phone. The computer is linked to
the systems and sensors of the suit and indicates system errors within the armor, damage levels, power levels, radiation levels, outside temperature, oxygen supply, and other vital signs of the wearer and his armored suit, as well as direction (compass), time, and date.
[*]Ammo and supply waist belt, shoulder belts, and shoulder holster. Pilots and officers have their choice of shoulder or hip holster and side arm.
[*]Clamps and modular hook-up ports in the back for most standard EVA Packs.
[*]Boot survival knife or Vibro-Blade for officers and military specialists, Multi-Purpose Tool for engineers, scientists and repair personnel.[/list]
Book Reference: p.100-101, DB13[/size]


Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grenade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: High Magus Armor (Main Body): destroyed, -224 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) Destroyed (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -136 P.P.E.
Rufus: Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (Inactive), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round, -1 Smoke
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 MDC


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:05 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 64

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 49

Salomon wrote:"Indeed, my massive friend, We dodged a bullet on this one, so to speak. Now, let's get our gear and get the hell out of this place. I've still got a plant to find, and we need to see if our wonderful client - you know, the one who wouldn't let us properly prepare - is still alive and able to pay us for our efforts."


Leo smiles. "Hunting for a plant sounds downright relaxing."

Dhaltuun wrote:”I am trying to sense if they used magic to escape. If i can do it, i may be able to trace them or, if lucky, follow them. Just let me regain my weapons and anything else I can, then we go.”


Leo shrugs. "I'm not real keen on following them - I say we get back to the job and get out, ASAP."

Leo searches the camp for his Hammer, and retrieves it, as well as finding an unworn set of armor (noted in GM post) and squeezing himself into it.

"Not great, but better than being naked."

Once re-equipped, Leo is ready to head back to the bunker.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 17
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11
APM: 6

PPE: 16 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
Sense Magic
Range: 120 foot area.
Du ratio n : 12 minutes
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Four
This magic ability enables the character to sense or feel the presence of magic. Like a Geiger counter, the individual can tell if he is near (within 20 feet) or far (toward the limit of the range). The ability can also indicate whether a person or obj ect is enchanted/under a magic
spell, is in the process of invoking magic, or if magic is being used in the range area. Note: Men of Magic and most supernatural beings do NOT register as magic except when they are actually casting a spell or using magic. Psychic powers can not be detected with this spell.


Skills: not sure what i need...so...
Lore: Demon 79% / 1d100 = 80 - id dead things
Lore: Faerie 59% / 1d100 = 60 - id dead things
Lore: Magic -
• **General Knowledge: 69% / 1d100 = 96 - id anything of use or worth
• **Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 59% / 1d100 = 61 - id anything of use or worth
• **Recognize Enchantment 54% / 1d100 = 30 - id anything enchanted
Lore: Dimension Lore 69% / 1d100 = 50 - do i recognize anything from legend,stories, etc
Literacy: American 99% / 1d100 = 86 - loot valuable crates or papers
Literacy: Demogagion 90% / 1d100 = 84 - loot valuable crates or papers
Language - Demogagion 86% / 1d100 = 63 - listen to others
Language - Faerie Speak 86%/ 1d100 = 78 - listen to others
(3rd ) Paramedic 64% / 1d100 = 100 - id useful medical stuff
(3rd ) Holistic Medicine 49%/39%/ 1d100 = 50 - id useful stuff
Salvage 79% / 1d100 = 69 - loot anything of value or use

Post -
Dhaltuun winks at Jessie. ”Just making sure you are good up here.” He taps his temple with a finger. He then turns off his dimension sense. Looking over at Leo ’I agree, my large friend. No need to poke the nest.” Dhaltuun sees the other Templars searching the camp, so with a wave of his hand, he casts Sense Magic, and tracks it to his gear.

As he walks, he watches the systematic cleanup of the scene. ”Wow!! They are good. Efficient, and dont miss anything, which is unfortunate for me. I was hoping to find a little something for me. Oh well, get my gear and keep my peepers open.” He makes sure to visit each of the two locations to make sure he finds all his stuff. As he searches, he sees the pair of wrist blasters. ’Those are cool.” He picks them up and, after collecting the rest of his gear, heads out to find Jason. ’Excuse me, hoss. If allowed, may i keep these? Or at least one,maybe. “ He gives a playful grin. After getting his answer, Dhaltuun heads for one of the trucks.

Dhaltuun spends the trip cleaning and caring for his returned weapons. As they approach camp, he finally feels the familiar tingle of being near his best friend, Marcella. ”Marcella!! I miss feeling you nearby. I have grown accustomed to it. We are all okay, and nearly home.” There is a tear in his eye as he “speaks” with his familiar. In a flash, he remembers his first few hours with Marcella fondly. As the memories fade, Dhaltuun feels the love from his bird, and sends his own back along their bond.

Pulling into camp, Dhaltuun damn near jumps out of the moving vehicle. With a quick nod at the professor and party, he jogs into the Behemoth. ”Vlad!! You here?” Dhaltuun heads into his galley, takes a look around, and heads for his quarters. Dropping everything but the new blasters and his baldrics, Dhaltuun heads back outside. Taking a few steps away from the Behemoth, He calls for Cat. He then sits on the ground, and tries to relax. Letting himself slowly refill PPe from the area, Dhaltuun waits for Cat to return. ”Marcella, i need you to find Cat. At least find out what happened to him. With us or not, we need to find him.” Dhaltuun will sit and relax, waiting for his minions to return as well as plans for tomorrow. If he manages to fill up fast enough, he will make his way into the Behemoth to make dinner.

Laser Wrist Blaster
OOC Comments
Image
  • Range: 1,200'
  • Damage: 2D6 M.D.
  • Rate of Fire: up to 5 shots per melee
  • Payload: 60 shots, back-pack recharges completely in four hours
  • Weight: 6 lbs.
  • Features: Splugorth design
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.152, WB2
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Percep 77%: 1d100 = 90
JIC: 1d100 = 15 1d20 = 6

Murdoc grins a he shrugs back into his combat harness. Good. I lucked out here and found all my gear. Plus a little more it seems. He buckles his harness back in place and gathers up all the gear he found. Looking like a over encumbered noob he hauls out the gear he found and piles it into the cargonaut, "I found a few things. Maybe I can sell'm when we get back to Merctown and pay you guys back for giving me a lift."

While on the way back to camp, Murdoc maneuvers close to Salomon and taps at his head, "Built in radio. I'd like to say we're lucky that they weren't jamming the signal, but it looks like the Shemarrian warriors are more than adept at tracking." He gives a little shrug, "I've got a little bit of cyber but nothing that's visible." He gives chuckle, "Not like when I was juiced up and had the bio-comp rig like our big friend over there." He points to Leo with a flick of his chin.

Coming back up on the campground Murdoc give the Professor and his team a small wave and says, "Greetings. Looks like the Shemarrian claim this area. So I kinda hope you didn't find anything worth while down in your bunker, cuz they want us gone as soon as possible."

Murdoc wriggles his nose inside his PA, Frak, I'm glad the Roadrunner is climate controlled. As is this thing is getting pretty funky after having me stuffed in it for what, almost two days straight. Maybe we'll be headed back to Merctown soon after that extremely close call.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 85
JIC (20): 1d20 = 15

Conditions at end of post: Relieved to be alive




Consumer wrote:Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 1:40 PM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


The group chats for a bit before taking on the challenge of finding their missing gear. The Shemmarian’s are to the north of the camp burning the bodies of the slavers and systematically dismantling the slave barge, reducing it to scrap metal and vicera.

The group after a while finds a majority of their gear in two locations. Those items that are purely technological are in the tent to the south of the repair platform. While the items that are magical are found in the command tent. The group also finds the two missing cargonauts parked to the south of the camp (just off map). By time the team has gathered it’s equipment the Shemarrian’s are done with their clean up and have begun to disperse back into the surrounding swamp.

That leaves the group alone and a ways away from their own camp. So now mounted up in two trucks the Templar make their way back to the camp. The trip is serene and seems to take away a lot of the previous weight of the last few hours. Upon arriving at camp, the Templar now wholly reunited, find the Archeologists near their Pathmaker deep in discussion. They all look up at the arrival and seem genuinely happy at the site.


The High Magus is relieved to retrieve his gear and quickly checks to ensure everything is in its right place. Just missing the armor now he says, looking disdainfully at the suit of EBA nearby. I'd rather have my magic at full power than be sealed up in a can like that if I can help it he says, wrinkling his nose at the EBA.

He will meditate to regain resources on the return trip.




The Amaki, though relieved to find the Professor and his people alive, is nonetheless sour about the whole encounter, blaming the Professor's reluctance - no, his outright hostility - at the request to properly prepare, for much of the Templar's troubles. Yes, we were outnumbered and outgunned, but proper preparation could have evened the odds... he thinks as he sees their client alive and well. Fortunately, for him, it worked out he thinks, though he still doesn't trust the Professor.

After the customary greetings, and after any security arrangements are satisfied, Sal sets about trying to find the Witch's Eye plant which was previously mentioned to be in the vicinity. They said it was not too far from here... something about the edges of a salt marsh, if I'm not mistaken... he thinks as he looks around helplessly. Sure would help if I had a photo of what one looked like.

He approaches Dhaltuun: "Hell Dhal. Your friend - I believe they refer to themselves as Vladimir - mentioned the Witch's Eye plant I'm looking for grows on the edges of a salt marsh. Are we in that area now? If so, do you think we could spend a little time looking for it? It would help me very much," he says hopefully to his Shifter friend.

Though lower on magic energy and resources than he felt comfortable being, Sal knows time is of the essence, and he probably won't get another chance to find the plant he was asked to find, so he is determined to make the most of it.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 136/252
I.S.P.: 69/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +16% (P.E.)+5% (High Magus, One With The Body) = +21%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +4
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Illusions: +2 (+8 if magic)
Mind Control: +5
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99/80%
JIC: 1d100 = 18/1d20 = 13

Conditions:
- PPE: 105/242 at the end of this post
- Ring of Invisibility: 2/3 charges remaining
- Fly as the Eagle is active. 50mph flight speed. Bonuses: +1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Duration: 60 minutes/240 melees remaining
- NG-45LP: 7/8 shots remaining in clip
- Empress Heavy Ion Pistol: 6/8 shots remaining in clip

Consumer wrote:She briefly looks down at the Kankoran Ley Line Walker. ”Find your way out of our lands, and not make us have to force you out, and the debt will be repaid.” The War Goddess says with a coldness, that Rufus clearly gets the hint.


"Understood, moja gospa..." Rufus nods.

Consumer wrote:The group chats for a bit before taking on the challenge of finding their missing gear. The Shemmarian’s are to the north of the camp burning the bodies of the slavers and systematically dismantling the slave barge, reducing it to scrap metal and vicera.

The group after a while finds a majority of their gear in two locations. Those items that are purely technological are in the tent to the south of the repair platform. While the items that are magical are found in the command tent. The group also finds the two missing cargonauts parked to the south of the camp (just off map). By time the team has gathered it’s equipment the Shemarrian’s are done with their clean up and have begun to disperse back into the surrounding swamp.

That leaves the group alone and a ways away from their own camp. So now mounted up in two trucks the Templar make their way back to the camp. The trip is serene and seems to take away a lot of the previous weight of the last few hours. Upon arriving at camp, the Templar now wholly reunited, find the Archeologists near their Pathmaker deep in discussion. They all look up at the arrival and seem genuinely happy at the site.


Rufus looks over the loot the group has amassed and lets loose a low whistle. "That's worth quite a few credits there. Anybody need any of it to round out their kit? If not, let's get going -- we've got the two missing vehicles, looks like the rest of you got your gear back, and most importantly of all, we're all still in one piece." He pulls a grenade from one of his pouches and bounces it gently in his hand. "Though I would have liked to have at least thrown one of these, since I went to the trouble of bringing them and all."

He puts the grenade back as he ponders the Cargonauts. "Uhmm... can anybody drive these things?"

When they arrive back at camp, he hops out and heads over to the Professor. "Well, spoštovani gospod, the good news is that we recovered your vehicles, everyone is safe, and those slavers won't be bothering anyone ever again... the not-quite-so-good news is that the Shemarrian Nation lays claim to this area and they're none too happy with our presence here in it. In fact they consider the expedition to be 'stealing' and they've told us to basically get out before they kick us out. Please tell us your day was equally as productive as ours without the dramatic setbacks, ja?"

Please have found what you were looking for... he thinks to himself. Please have everything you need here and we can move on to the next site.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 82% / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 8

At the slaver camp, Jason will check on the other Templar and do his part of scavenging. Did the slavers retrieve the power armor that was taken out during the fight?

If it is not there, Jason check for it on the way back to the bunker, noting it for salvage if it is there. At the camp, Jason ponders their next step, we can't fight the Shemarrians, especially as we are now. Starting a war would definitely be bad for the Templar's reputation. Please be ready to move out Prof... Jason considers options if the professor isn't ready or wants to move a bunch of equipment....

Once everyone is back together, Templar and the Professor's group, Jason asks, "Does anyone know anything about these Shemarrians? After seeing them in combat, I would not want to cross them unnecessarily. "
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp, approximately 170 miles east of Char
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 5:40 PM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Skills
Dhaltuun: None of those skills were necessary, as we’ve moved on from the slave camp. What you guys got is what you got.


Outside at the Bunker
Murdoc, Jason, Rufus, Leo

Murdoc wrote: "Greetings. Looks like the Shemarrian claim this area. So I kinda hope you didn't find anything worth while down in your bunker, cuz they want us gone as soon as possible."


The Professor gets a concerned look on his face.

Rufus wrote:"Well, spoštovani gospod, the good news is that we recovered your vehicles, everyone is safe, and those slavers won't be bothering anyone ever again... the not-quite-so-good news is that the Shemarrian Nation lays claim to this area and they're none too happy with our presence here in it. In fact they consider the expedition to be 'stealing' and they've told us to basically get out before they kick us out. Please tell us your day was equally as productive as ours without the dramatic setbacks, ja?"


The Professor continues to look concerned, a hand goes to his chin as he seems to contemplate the situation.

Jason Long wrote:"Does anyone know anything about these Shemarrians? After seeing them in combat, I would not want to cross them unnecessarily. "


The Professor nods. ”Amazonian D-Bees. They’re very territorial, and have a seeming grudge against the Splugorth. I believe it was last year when videos came to light of the Shemarrian’s laying claim the the majority of the east coast, threatening retribution versus beings who didn’t acknowledge it. To be honest I thought we were far enough south of the southern edge of their territorial claims. I guess I was wrong.” The Professor says while pacing a bit. ”Well, I am at a likely easily solved conundrum. We stay and risk their wrath, we leave empty handed, or we gather what we can and leave, hoping they don’t look too closely.” The Professor says as he continues to pace the small area he’s standing in.

”We’ll pack up what we can and seal up the site, maybe we can come back to it in the future. I think with what we’ve found, there should be enough to continue funding into this project. I will have my team begin the process, I will limit it to four hours, then we can be on our way. Given the excitement of the past few days I don’t see why we can’t begin our return trip.” The Professor says before turning to his assistant and nodding. The young man and the others make their way back into the Bunker.

”I’m sorry about the damage you and yours took fighting those slavers. When we get back to MercTown, I’ll see if I can get the university to help cover the costs of repairs. I cannot guarantee anything, but I can try.” The Professor says quietly before turning and making his way after his students.

Inside the Behemoth
Dhaltuun and Sal

Dhaltuun basically rushes straight into the Behemoth, Jessie follows quietly, no other thing being a pressing issue. Inside Dhaltuun finds most things to be as he left them, Vlad is sweeping up some mess near the cockpit, while Cat is found lounging in Dhaltuun’s bed.

A very short time later Sal comes in and seeks out Dhaltuun who is stripping off some of his gear.

Salomón wrote:"Hell Dhal. Your friend - I believe they refer to themselves as Vladimir - mentioned the Witch's Eye plant I'm looking for grows on the edges of a salt marsh. Are we in that area now? If so, do you think we could spend a little time looking for it? It would help me very much," he says hopefully to his Shifter friend.


Before Dhaltuun can answer Vlad pipes up. Yeah, I can look for it, I was waiting for the go ahead. Mr. Onyxforge tried to get me to look for it about sixty miles back, but I knew it wouldn’t be anywhere near there.I’ll head out and look for it. Shouldn’t take me more than a few hours. How do you need it? As a cut plant, or with roots and all?” The small hairy hearth spirit asks.

Once Sal gives him an answer, Vlad leaves.

At the Bunker Site
Everyone

Four hours pass, and in that time supplies from one of the Cargonauts is transferred to the other and the empty truck is loaded with computers, File cabinets, and boxes. Vlad returns with the plant Sal has been looking for, a pale white plant with spherical nodules that when looked at do sort of resemble eyes. The Professor approaches Jason, sweating a bit from the past few hours' work.

”We’re all good. We’ve resealed the bunker as best we could and have collected what likely amounts to the bulk of the discovery. So whenever you and your crew are ready to go, mine is ready to go. I’ll be honest it’ll be nice to get this stuff into a lab and begin the data collation.”

Butcher’s Bill
Murdoc: Armor (Main Body): -44 M.D.C., -1 HE Grenade, -1 Frag Grenade, -6 Shots, -1 E-clip.
Sal: High Magus Armor (Main Body): destroyed, -224 P.P.E., -2 I.S.P.
Leo: Titan Plate: (Main Body) Destroyed (Right Leg) 50/60 M.D.C.
Jessie: Magical Chainmail 13/100 M.D.C.
Daltuun -1 grenade, -1 shot from Buccaneer, -1 shot Firebolt Pistol, -136 P.P.E.
Rufus: Ring of Invisibility (⅔ charges; (Inactive), -1 shot NG-45LP, -2 shot Empress Pistol, -41 P.P.E
Jason: -1 AP Shell, - 3 Plasma round, -1 Smoke
Bonaparte: (Main Body) -341 MDC


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:58 am

Perception 31% 1d100 = 33

JIC: 1d20 = 19
1d100 = 3

Leo's mood is much better, having been freed - again - from Splugorth slavery. He hefts his re-acquired hammer and watches the path ahead as the cargonauts pick their way back to the bunker, thankful to feel the hammer's familiar weight in his hands again.

I'd thought this hammer was unique - I'd never seen another like it - until I saw Dhaltuun's. Glad I got it back, though.

When they reach the bunker, Leo will help with whatever cleanup there is, post-fight. Specifically, he attempts to look over the Crab-bot they took out to see if there's anything he can quickly salvage from it. If he sees anything useful, he'll call out to Dhaltuun to see if they can try to reclaim anything.

When the Professor's crew come to unload one of the cargonauts, Leo will assist with that as well.

As they come out of the bunker with their haul, he says "I hope you took a lotta pictures, Prof. If those Shemarrians try to take that stuff, I ain't fighting them over it." They saved my life, after all.

For the ermainder of the four hours he will keep himself as busy as he can, impatient to put some miles between himself and the sploog.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 30
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7
APM: 6

PPE: 0 at end of post / 136

Conditions:
” Tame Animal”
Range: Can be cast up to 10 feet (3 m) away.
Duration: Takes 1d4 = 2 hours of attention, touch commands, and training,
with permanent results.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: 30
Tame Beast can only be used on creatures with a good to high animal I.Q. (nothing lower than 4), but can be used on any type of animal, from a dog to a monstrous predator, but not creatures of magic or supernatural beings. The beast is allowed a saving throw as the mage chants the spell in a soothing tone. If successful, nothing happens and the animal remains wild. If the beast fails its save, it will feel a strange kinship toward the mage, accept his company, and look to him as its superior and friend. Over the next hour or so, the spell caster must spend the majority of his time and attention (60% minimum) on the creature.
During this period, the two get to know each other and build a relationship that would normally take months. During this time, the mage can also teach the animal tricks and commands. When the period of togetherness and training is over, the creature is completely tame and will loyally serve a kind master (friend, really) as a watchdog, guard animal, mount, and companion. The beast will always try to follow the spell caster's directions to the best of its ability, just as any trained animal, and all animals will retain their basic instincts, quirks, behavior, and personality. It is not magically controlled or enslaved, so the beast will abandon or attack any master who treats it cruelly or coldly. To keep its companionship, the mage must maintain a strong, close, and friendly relationship with the animal, otherwise, it will desert him, and no amount of pleading or magic will bring it back.
This spell can only be used on the same animal once. Whatever happens afterward builds a permanent relationship, good, bad, or indifferent.
The animal may come to accept the friends and associates of the spell caster too, but it regards the mage as its one, true master. Consequently, the mage's commands and needs supersede all others. Furthermore, if the animal was kept away from other people during the initial period of its magical training, it will be leery of all others and tend to remain wild, untamed, intolerant, and aggressive toward others, and is easily provoked to attack them when the mage is not present.
Limitations: Only the spell caster can tame and keep the animal. The mage can have one such animal per every two levels of experience, starting at level two (one animal at 2nd level, two at 4th, three at 6th, and so on). This spell bonds the animal to the spell caster and nobody else. Thus, if it is abandoned, sold, or given away, the animal is likely (01 -90%) to revert to its wild nature. Note: The Shifter (and Summoner) O.C.C. can have one animal per level of experience and the spell costs half the P.P.E.


Skills:
Cooking Cooking 69% / 1d100 = 34 - make awesome sandwiches



Post -
Dhaltuun looks at Cat and makes a decision. ’Okay, Boy. Today we are gonna cast that spell and get off my minion list. Instead, you will stay or go as you chose. First, a snack then we can start.” He gives Cat a good scratch before he heads to the galley and prepares a sandwich for Jessie and himself, as well as Cat and Vlad. He will make a tray to take to his room. Not getting a response right away, Dhaltuun shrugs ” When you are done, just grab something and join us if you wish.” He then continues his mission for food.

For Cat, he will prepare a plate of various meat cuts. As mentioned, sandwiches for Jessie and himself, and then add some jerky and trail mix for later to snack on. ” Vlad? Do you want anything? I am making lunch for us.” Finally, he fills a pitcher with some of his beer, adding that to the tray, he heads back to his room. Once back in his quarters, he offers the sandwich and a glass of beer to Jessie. He then settles himself on the bed. Sitting up to eat, he talks to Jessie. ’I want to cast a spell on Cat to strengthen our bond quickly. If my research has been correct, this spell should only take a few hours. I feel it would be complete by the time we leave. All I require is a little energy from you to help me power it.” ((OOC: Need 30 people to cast “Tame Animal”. Dhal has 16 at last check.)) Dhaltuun will finish his sandwich and beer while giving Jessie the details of his plan as well as some small talk. ” After what we just went through, I don't want to order people around. Rather they follow me because they want to then that they have to. I will not turn into what I witnessed today.” Just as he finishes his last bite, Sal knocks on his door. Jessie gets up and opens it.

Salomon wrote:He approaches Dhaltuun: "Hell Dhal. Your friend - I believe they refer to themselves as Vladimir - mentioned the Witch's Eye plant I'm looking for grows on the edges of a salt marsh. Are we in that area now? If so, do you think we could spend a little time looking for it? It would help me very much," he says hopefully to his Shifter friend.


Consumer wrote: Before Dhaltuun can answer Vlad pipes up. Yeah, I can look for it, I was waiting for the go-ahead. Mr. Onyxforge tried to get me to look for it about sixty miles back, but I knew it wouldn’t be anywhere near there. I’ll head out and look for it. Shouldn’t take me more than a few hours. How do you need it? As a cut plant, or with roots and all?” The small hairy hearth spirit asks.


Dhaltuun raises his eyes to Sal and then watches as his friends converse. ” Alright then. That is settled. Thank you, Vlad. Your help is appreciated.” Dhaltuun bows his head in respect. As Sal and Vlad head out, He turns back to Jessie. ” Shall we get started? You may feel a little tired after but it is nothing a nap won't fix.”

Dhaltuun rolls up his sleeves, and with a grin, interlocks his fingers and extends his arms, thereby cracking his knuckles. Using the borrowed energy as well as his own reserves, Dhaltuun casts Tame Animal on Cat. He then spends the next few hours with Cat, feeding him snacks, cuddling, playing, basically focusing all his attention on Cat with a healthy dose of affection. At the end of the spell duration, Dhaltuun and Cat should be as if they were together all their lives. Once done Dhltuun and Cat will head outside to see where the group is at, time-wise.

Helping where he can Dhaltuun gets ready to go. When the prof declares he is ready, Dhaltuun adds in ” Same here. Team Dhaltuun good to go.” Once moving, Dhaltuun goes back into Cook mode.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:02 pm

Percep 77%: 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 20

With no real role in the group, as he's just a guest, Murdoc sets him self to watching the perimeter as they others get ready to make way. Spotting Leo he gives the other man a nod as he turns and makes his way over to the juicer. I wonder how long he's got. Frakking Titan Juicer! That's a G.D. commitment. Makes detox as good as a death sentence. Detox and go borg or be a giant paperweight. As he comes up on Leo he pushes those thoughts out of his head, That's a talk for a different time and not after we narrowly escaped slavery.

Murdoc flips his face plate up and gives Leo a smile, "Did I hear right earlier? You just met up with this group the other day?"

After his initial greeting to Leo, Murdoc turns and keeps his eyes on the surroundings as he continues to talk to Leo while he waits for the group depart.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Rufus » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/80%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 91

Consumer wrote:The Professor nods. ”Amazonian D-Bees. They’re very territorial, and have a seeming grudge against the Splugorth. I believe it was last year when videos came to light of the Shemarrian’s laying claim the the majority of the east coast, threatening retribution versus beings who didn’t acknowledge it. To be honest I thought we were far enough south of the southern edge of their territorial claims. I guess I was wrong.” The Professor says while pacing a bit. ”Well, I am at a likely easily solved conundrum. We stay and risk their wrath, we leave empty handed, or we gather what we can and leave, hoping they don’t look too closely.” The Professor says as he continues to pace the small area he’s standing in.


Rufus nods. "Well they're certainly territorial, all right... and to say their grudge with the Splugorth is 'seeming' is like saying someone struck by lightning is 'feeling under the weather' -- it just doesn't do it justice. If it weren't for the slavers being their preferred targets I get the feeling that čarovnica in charge would be wearing my pelt around her neck and be using my mošnja as her coinpurse." If anyone gives him a funny look he'll just shake his head and say "ne sprašuj -- don't ask."

Consumer wrote:”We’ll pack up what we can and seal up the site, maybe we can come back to it in the future. I think with what we’ve found, there should be enough to continue funding into this project. I will have my team begin the process, I will limit it to four hours, then we can be on our way. Given the excitement of the past few days I don’t see why we can’t begin our return trip.” The Professor says before turning to his assistant and nodding. The young man and the others make their way back into the Bunker.


"Four hours. Got it." The kankoran turns to Jason. "I'm going to see to Carny and hopefully repair what those Sploog kreteni did when they shut him down. In the meantime, can we spare anyone to help the Professor clean out the bunker?" Here's hoping it was something simple and easy to fix; surely they would have wanted to come back for something this large.

He heads into the Behemoth and starts crawling all over/under/through/around the most likely systems, checking for damage where the Splugorth minions may have simply ripped out wiring or smashed control panels in order to shut everything down in a hurry. "Alright, Carny my friend, talk to me. Can you hear me? Can you move? Can you identify what they did to you?"

Carny/Behemoth Repair Rolls
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 43/87%
Computer Programming -- 1d100 = 26/67%
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 90/69%
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 4/69% (2nd attempt)
Basic Electronics -- 1d100 = 10/47%
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100 = 63/47%
Basic Mechanics -- 1d100 = 24/47% (2nd attempt)
Computer Repair -- 1d100 = 12/47%
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 60/47%
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 85/47% (2nd attempt)
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 11/47% (3rd attempt)
Robot Electronics -- 1d100 = 38/47%


If need be, he keeps at the repair work for the full four hours with much snarling, growling, and what can only be assumed to be gratuitous cursing in his native Wolfen.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Jason Long » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Perception:1d200 = 182 / 68%
JIC: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 9

Consumer wrote:”I’m sorry about the damage you and yours took fighting those slavers. When we get back to MercTown, I’ll see if I can get the university to help cover the costs of repairs. I cannot guarantee anything, but I can try.” The Professor says quietly before turning and making his way after his students.


Jason walks with the professor towards the bunker. "Thank you for the offer. I'll get the rest ready to move. "

Jason will make a quick check of Bonaparte and the Behemoth, making a list of damage and repair priorities. He frequently checks the sensors of whichever mech he is in to see if the Shemarrians are returning. A remote drone with look-down radar needs to be added to our equipment list.....

Jason will check in with Dhaltuun. "I have a couple quick questions. First, Can you create a rift back to our base that is big enough for the Behemoth? Second, Now that you have been here, can you create a rift from the area of our base to here? I am just trying to get a feel for your abilities right now."

As the professor is finishing up, Jason double checks the maps and plots a course back home. He thinks about the Professor's comment about them being at the southern edge of the Shemarrian's claim. Jason extends their route a bit further south-southwest to try and avoid them. He will check the course with the Professor before giving it to everyone else. If the professor disagrees, they will return using the original return course.

Before they leave the area, Jason makes sure that the site is as clean as possible; no trash left behind, shell casings collected, friendly or enemy scrap metal picked up.

((General Repair & Maintenance—72% / 1d100 = 89% )) Examine Behemoth and note needed repairs
((General Repair & Maintenance—72% / 1d100 = 84% )) Examine Bonaparte and note needed repairs
((Sensory Equipment—77% / 1d100 = 35% )) Checking for returning Shemarrians or other threats
((Land Navigation--87% / 1d100 = 47% )) Plotting return route
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 3
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19

Conditions at end of post:




The Amaki thanks Vlad and his shifter friend heartily for their assistance when the minion returns with the plant he needs, shaking their hands (if that is deemed acceptable to Vlad) and offering his assistance any time in return.

Sal will also help the Professor and Leo load things and cargo as needed and clean up the signs of their presence.

No sense in angering these 'Shemarrian' further... though, they don't really look like actual Amazons... he thinks to himself, aware that no one else in the group other than himself has probably ever encountered a true Amazon as he has, seeing as how they're native to South America.

Sal will also offer his assistance to the Professor in a different way: "Professor, if you are concerned about the equipment you leave behind, I could photograph the things in question and premises, and check on them remotely later if need be. I have a psychic power that lets me... well, sort of remotely look in on a person or area I've photographed before,somewhat like eavesdropping but purely visual...as a dream, you could say," he says in a sincere manner.

If the professor agrees, Sal will photograph as needed.

After all is finished, he will return to the Behemoth, carefully laying out and preparing his equipment for the upcoming Equinox. Big day tomorrow he thinks.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 136/252
I.S.P.: 69/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +16% (P.E.)+5% (High Magus, One With The Body) = +21%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +4
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Illusions: +2 (+8 if magic)
Mind Control: +5
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Consumer » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:13 am

Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp; 80 miles from the bunker, 5 miles from the Ley Line..
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 10:40 PM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Skills
Dhaltuun: Cooking (Make awesome sandwiches): Sandwiches are made, they’re okay given the lack of real good ingredients.
Rufus: Robot Electronics (Fix Carny): Turns out the Kittani were fairly gentle with the disabling of Carny, only about forty minutes of work is required to get the AI back up and running.
Jason: General Repair & Maintenance (Examine Behemoth and note needed repairs): Nothing jumps out at you as too bad, the Kittani did little to no damage to the Behemoth.
General Repair & Maintenance (Examine Bonaparte and note needed repairs): Looks fine, little wax oughta buff that right out. .
Sensory Equipment (Checking for returning Shemarrians or other threats): While Jason is sure he cannot differentiate between targets on a radar screen, he’s at least glad to know that nothing seems to be an issue.
Land Navigation (Plotting return route): Technically this skill doesn’t allow for plotting with a map, it’s more landmark based. (Navigation is what you want.) That being said, Jason has an idea of which way to go, which will differ from the original route as you’re quite a distance from Char.


Outside at the Bunker

A couple of conversations happen in no real particular order. Sal talks with the professor about photographing the site for future clairvoyance. ”I appreciate the offer, We video taped the location, my assistant should be able to peak in from time to time, but to be honest other than the historical significance of the site, there isn’t much left to be had here. I’m hoping the old computers hold a wealth of information. The professor says with a genuine smile.

Jason and the professor discuss the trip back, and Jason is surprised to have his plan questioned. ”No real point in going south to avoid the Shemarrians, we’ll just make our way back from here. I’d like to bypass the area known as the shifting lands a bit to the north, so I think we may go more west first then head north. I’ll have Bob, send you the plotted course.” The professor says with confidence.

With that the group finishes packing up and hits the road. The trip is relatively uneventful from the outside, but on the inside of the behemoth that becomes a different story.

Inside the Behemoth

Dhaltuun spends two hours working the magic of the complicated spell, talking calmly with “Cat” and feeding him treats. All in all it seems like it’s going well, but the actual dangerous part of it is near the end, when Dhaltuun has to release Cat from his following and let the magic take hold. For a few seconds Dhaltuun thinks he got it right, but then suddenly feels the Pantheran-Terrax’s razor sharp claws strike him across the face as the world instantly goes dark.
From somewhere in the Behemoth the rest of the team hears a roar, and the sounds of something heavy knocking over furniture. Some are quick to react, but ironically it’s Carny, the now integrated Artificial Intelligence that reacts the fastest. With Jessie and the others who arrive, manage to herd the angry beast, they find thier path chosen for them as doors open and close, funneling the Pantheran-Terrax out of the Behemoth via the cargo area. The last anyone sees of the cat like creature is it running off into the night.

Once the danger has passed, people find Vlad tending to Dhaltuun who’s face now bears four jagged claw marks across his face. There is blood everywhere and to all witnessing, Dhaltuun appears dead. Jessie seems to be the only one unconcerned. ”He’s either dead or in a coma.” Vlad says, cradling Dhaltuun’s head.

Dhaltuun
Dhaltuun awakens with a screaming shock, his face a roadmap of pain. It takes him several minutes to gather his thoughts enough to begin to see his surroundings. Dhaltuun is very much not on the Behemoth Explorer anymore. He lays on a cold, misty, stony beach. Likely near the ocean as he can smell the sea salt in the air and hear the sounds of sea birds. A short distance away from Dhaltuun’s prone form sits a man upon one of several rough hewn wooden benches. A small fire of driftwood burns near him, with a few fish slowly cooking off of sticks angled near the fire. The man if human is old, sixty to seventy years of age. He wears brown woolen breeches with calf-high leather boots, a light grey tunic with the sleeves rolled up, and a black quilted vest with grey fur trim. A smattering of jewelry and decorations adorn his wrists and hands, a golden circlet upon his brow. He has long white hair and beard, with multiple braids of various sizes keeping it tidy. His eyes are the most striking, deep blue/grey wells that remind Dhaltuun of a sea at storm. Laying on one of the benches is a small pile of items, it looks like leather and chain armor and a metal helmet, with a shield and axe leaned against it.”You’re early pup.” The old man says, his voice quiet but easily heard over the sounds of the crashing sea, like it wouldn’t dare try to talk over him. ”Get up and take a seat, we’re to have a talk.” The old man says calmly, Dhaltuun is sure it isn’t a request.

”Not the best idea locking yourself in a box with a dangerous beast. Should have done it outside, and made sure you had a few friends to keep it off of you.” The old man says.

”My servant seems to think you need to have your duties explained, and I am not inclined to disagree.” The old man says. ”So what do you have to say for yourself pup?”


Butcher’s Bill
Daltuun: Dead/Coma ?


What do you do?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Murdoc » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:04 pm

Percep 77%: 1d100 = 96
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 79

First Aid 55%= 1d100 = 58 (check if Dhaltuun is alive)

Murdoc assists in herding the wild cat out of the Behemoth. When that task is done he makes his way back to where Dhaltuun lays, being tended to by Vlaad. Frak, and I thought we were lucky to escape the slavers without being killed. No this guy tries to do something magical with the cat and it went sideways.

Murdoc crouches down beside Dhaltuun, "Does anyone have any medical skills beyond the crappy first aid that I know." He presses two fingers to Dhaltuun neck and tries to feel for a pulse. "You're doing a good job Vlaad. Clear and pack the wounds and keep the blood from going in his nose and mouth. I... I want to say he's just knocked out."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 185/185

Armor:
PA-002G Roadrunner Power Armor
• Helmet: 75
• Arms: 45 each
• Legs: 80 each
• Thruster Jump Pack (1, back): 60
• Main Body: 70

Weapons:
In Hand:
NE-97 Triple Threat Laser Rifle
Worn:
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
NE-10G HE Grenades (6d6 M.D., 12' AoE, p.95, DB8)
NE-10G Frag Grenades (4d6 M.D., 30' AoE, p.95, DB8)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Rifle Grenades (2D6 MD, 12' AOE, Standard)
Carpet of Adhesion G-Bomb (7.5 minutes, 30' AOE, p.328, BoM)
Globe of Daylight flare, hand held; 3d4 minutes (p.328, BoM)


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Leo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Perception 31% 1d100 = 4

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 3

Murdoc wrote:"Did I hear right earlier? You just met up with this group the other day?"


Leo smiles. "That's right - I was running through the swamp, trying to get... well, anywhere, and I landed in the middle of this group fighting some dinosaurs. I was so happy to see honest-to-god people that I threw my hand in, helped 'em beat the scaly bastards. I asked if they could get me back to civilization, and they offered me a spot on the team. They're good folks, and you're no slouch - Talk to Jason. There's a berth for you if you want it."




When things go to hell, Leo steps into the corridor to see Cat tearing off through the Behemoth. "What in the world? ...did someone hurt Cat?" He heads off toward the commotion, and helps - if necessary - shepherd the big cat out of the close confines of the Behemoth.

Once Cat tears off into the wilderness, Leo turns around to go and check on Dhaltuun, knowing he'd never willingly let anything bad happen to his pet.

Vlad wrote:”He’s either dead or in a coma.”


Leo's eyes boggle. He strips off his CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig and begins buckling it onto Dhaltuun. "This thing has an IRMSS kit - it's the best I can do for him." Once it's strapped on, he activates the IRMSS.

OOC Comments
The CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig is one of Leo's Patron Item's and is listed on his character sheet.

IRMSS Internal Robot Medical Surgeon System
  • Effect: Repairs internal injuries
  • Medical doctor's surgical skill of 75%
  • Note: Types of internal injury which they can repair include the removal of blood clots, repairing torn/ruptured veins, internal bleeding, and minor damage to internal organs.


Still looking concerned, he asks "Is anyone here a skilled medic? Or in the Professor's crew?" He looks to Salomon, "If not... we may need your skills to get him to civilization - to a doctor - ahead of the rest of us."

EDIT: I am informed that Dhaltuun wears an identical chest rig. If Leo sees that, he'll simply activate Dhal's rig (since activation is not automatic.).
Last edited by Leo on Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo, Titan Juicer

OOC Comments

H.P.: 343/343
S.D.C.: 1070/1070

Environmental Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 40/40
Right Arm: 35/35
Left Arm: 35/35
Right Leg: 45/45
Left Leg: 45/45
Main Body: 80/80
-5% to -10% movement penalty
User avatar
Leo
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 am

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89 /31%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 30
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11
APM: 6

PPE: 16 at end of post / 136

Consumer wrote: Dhaltuun spends two hours working the magic of the complicated spell, talking calmly with “Cat” and feeding him treats. All in all it seems like it’s going well, but the actual dangerous part of it is near the end, when Dhaltuun has to release Cat from his following and let the magic take hold. For a few seconds Dhaltuun thinks he got it right, but then suddenly feels the Pantheran-Terrax’s razor sharp claws strike him across the face as the world instantly goes dark.


Dhaltuun feels a little pride as the spell progresses. ”So far, so good.” When he releases Cat, there is a quick thanks to Njord before things go sideways. ”Bless ye, Njor... AAAARRGGHH!!”

**Fade to black**


Consumer wrote: Dhaltuun awakens with a screaming shock, his face a roadmap of pain. It takes him several minutes to gather his thoughts enough to begin to see his surroundings. Dhaltuun is very much not on the Behemoth Explorer anymore. He lays on a cold, misty, stony beach. Likely near the ocean as he can smell the sea salt in the air and hear the sounds of sea birds.


”OWW!! What happened? Things were good, then an explosion of pain, then nothing. Now where am i?” He slowly looks around, confused. ”Relax, Dhaltuun. Think. It hurts, but we are alive. Pull yer shit together and move.” He takes a breath, wincing in pain as he does so. ’I SAID MOVE!!!!!” Dhaltuun slowly gets to his feet. Wobbling a little, he takes in his surroundings.

Consumer wrote: A short distance away from Dhaltuun’s prone form sits a man upon one of several rough hewn wooden benches. A small fire of driftwood burns near him, with a few fish slowly cooking off of sticks angled near the fire. The man if human is old, sixty to seventy years of age. He wears brown woolen breeches with calf-high leather boots, a light grey tunic with the sleeves rolled up, and a black quilted vest with grey fur trim. A smattering of jewelry and decorations adorn his wrists and hands, a golden circlet upon his brow. He has long white hair and beard, with multiple braids of various sizes keeping it tidy. His eyes are the most striking, deep blue/grey wells that remind Dhaltuun of a sea in a storm. Laying on one of the benches is a small pile of items, it looks like leather and chain armor and a metal helmet, with a shield and ax leaned against it.


As he stands, he realizes he is alone. ” I can't feel Marcella. What is happening to me? This is odd.” *Sniff* *Sniff* ”Is that fish over flame?” *Sniff* ”Seawater?? Where am i?”[i] Seeing the campsite, Dhaltuun slowly moves toward it. [i]” Who is that? Looks like a warrior of some kind.” As he gets closer, it dawns on him who that man is. ’Njord? M’lord.” He drops to a knee once he gets within a few feet of the man. ’Have I been blessed by a visit or….” Realization hits him. ’I am dead. This is my judgment. This will determine where I end up. Valhalla or Hades.’

Consumer wrote: ”You’re early pup.” The old man says, his voice quiet but easily heard over the sounds of the crashing sea, like it wouldn’t dare try to talk over him. ”Get up and take a seat, we’re to have a talk.” The old man says calmly, Dhaltuun is sure it isn’t a request.

”Not the best idea locking yourself in a box with a dangerous beast. Should have done it outside, and made sure you had a few friends to keep it off of you.” The old man says.

”My servant seems to think you need to have your duties explained, and I am not inclined to disagree.” The old man says. ”So what do you have to say for yourself pup?”



Dhaltuun regains his unsteady feet and moves to a bench. As he sits, he tries to collect his thoughts thru the pain. ”Father, i am honored by this visit.” Dhaltuun looks at the ground, moving the sand with his foot. After a moment, he locks eyes with the man across from him. At first, it felt like being called to the Principal’s office back in school days as a boy, after a moment, the feeling changed to one of having a parent lecture you. ”Feels like when Mom caught me out past curfew.” Dhaltuun’s body started to react as he did when he was young. His forehead started to bead with sweat, hands got clammy, stomach rolls and flips, a few dry swallows, then ’Ummm. Ahhh.. You see… “ One final gulp of air, and Dhaltuun squares his shoulders and gives his head a little shake ”Get it together, Boy. This is big!! Don't screw it up.’

Bringing his eyes back to Njord’s, Dhaltuun begins again. ”I am doing my best. I have sworn myself to your service, but have had no guidance. I have done what i thought was right. As for Cat, I misjudged the trust and bond we had. Obviously a lesson late, but learned nonetheless.’ He takes a breath before continuing. ”You have blessed me with great beings to help in Jessie and Vlad. What I need is directions. I understand I am to show your love and power thru the abilities you grant me.Is there something specific you need me to do? Spread your name is a vague order. I am not sure how to do so, but i am willing to learn.’ Dhaltuun closes his mouth and waits to see the reaction.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: Rifters Archaeology: The Most Fun You Can Have with Dice

Postby Salomón » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31/49%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 91
JIC (20): 1d20 = 3

Conditions at end of post:




Consumer wrote:Dig Me Out
Time and Weather wrote:Location: The Great Carolina Swamp; 80 miles from the bunker, 5 miles from the Ley Line..
Date: March 20, 111 PA, 10:40 PM
Weather: 66°, light clouds


Outside at the Bunker

A couple of conversations happen in no real particular order. Sal talks with the professor about photographing the site for future clairvoyance. ”I appreciate the offer, We video taped the location, my assistant should be able to peak in from time to time, but to be honest other than the historical significance of the site, there isn’t much left to be had here. I’m hoping the old computers hold a wealth of information. The professor says with a genuine smile.


The Amaki nods. "I have some skill with computers as well - let me know if you need any assistance either on the trip or after we return. I will be glad to help," he says, returning the smile.

That wasn't so bad... he thinks to himself.




Consumer wrote:
Inside the Behemoth

From somewhere in the Behemoth the rest of the team hears a roar, and the sounds of something heavy knocking over furniture. Some are quick to react, but ironically it’s Carny, the now integrated Artificial Intelligence that reacts the fastest. With Jessie and the others who arrive, manage to herd the angry beast, they find thier path chosen for them as doors open and close, funneling the Pantheran-Terrax out of the Behemoth via the cargo area. The last anyone sees of the cat like creature is it running off into the night.

Once the danger has passed, people find Vlad tending to Dhaltuun who’s face now bears four jagged claw marks across his face. There is blood everywhere and to all witnessing, Dhaltuun appears dead. Jessie seems to be the only one unconcerned. ”He’s either dead or in a coma.” Vlad says, cradling Dhaltuun’s head.


Murdoc wrote:Murdoc crouches down beside Dhaltuun, "Does anyone have any medical skills beyond the crappy first aid that I know." He presses two fingers to Dhaltuun neck and tries to feel for a pulse. "You're doing a good job Vlaad. Clear and pack the wounds and keep the blood from going in his nose and mouth. I... I want to say he's just knocked out."


Leo wrote:When things go to hell, Leo steps into the corridor to see Cat tearing off through the Behemoth. "What in the world? ...did someone hurt Cat?" He heads off toward the commotion, and helps - if necessary - shepherd the big cat out of the close confines of the Behemoth.

Once Cat tears off into the wilderness, Leo turns around to go and check on Dhaltuun, knowing he'd never willingly let anything bad happen to his pet.

Vlad wrote:”He’s either dead or in a coma.”


Leo's eyes boggle. He strips off his CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig and begins buckling it onto Dhaltuun. "This thing has an IRMSS kit - it's the best I can do for him." Once it's strapped on, he activates the IRMSS.

Still looking concerned, he asks "Is anyone here a skilled medic? Or in the Professor's crew?" He looks to Salomon, "If not... we may need your skills to get him to civilization - to a doctor - ahead of the rest of us."


The High Magus reacts immediately, his training kicking in as he checks to see if Dhaltuun is indeed either dead, or in a coma.

"Give me a little room, guys," he says as everyone crowds around the Nuhr Dwarf.

"I don't know what he did, but he seems to have pissed that cat off," he says as he looks at the gashes and examines for other injuries.

Skill Roll ---> Paramedic ---> 1d100 = 55 / 77%

Depending on the result, Sal will either stabilize Dhaltuun and cast a Heal Wounds spell or, if it is determined he is in grave danger, he will cast Greater Healing on his Shifter friend.

At any rate, unless he feels the IRMSS is needed for mortal wounds that his magic cannot reach, he will wave Leo's offer of the chest rig away. "Very generous of you, my titanic friend, but I don't think that will be necessary. Save it for a more...lethal encounter," he says with a smile at the big man.

Once Dhal is stabilized and/or returned to consicousness, Sal will make standard recommendations based on his medical knowledge (don't do anything strenuous, etc.) and return to his room to plan for the Equinox at the Ley Line they are bound to run into on the return path.




He carefully lays out the implements he will need:

He removes his pressed and carefully folded ceremonial robes. Why not? I have no armor right now, and anyhow - these always get me in the right mood he thinks.

He gets out his 30' spool of leather cord and the set of blank scrolls with pens, his ritual kits, notebooks, markers, art kit - the whole nine. The High Magus carefully organizes these and repackages them into a single item (backpack?) , so he can carry everything at once. Then, along with the Shoulder Satchel and components he purchased earlier on their trip, he takes his supplies to the front of the behemoth cockpit to remind whomever is driving to please stop when they get within a few hundred yards of the ley line.

He then returns to meditate, gathering as much of his energy as he can before the big moment.




When the Templar arrive at the Ley Line and Sal is notified, he will first check on Dhaltuun. Assuming all is fine, he will suggest some of the more mundane members of the group keep an eye on him (unless it can be determined that Dhaltuun can participate), and ask Rufus, Leo, and anyone else who wants to accompany him, to come with him to the Ley Line while he works his magic.

"Friends, this is moment we cannot pass up - one that fortune has brought to us. A ley line - especially at a nexus point, during an equinox - surges with mystic power. It is an opportunity that should not be squandered, for great and mighty magics may be worked during these times - both to be used with dark intent, which is unfortunately the popular conception and the one promulgated by the Coalition States, but also for the cause of good - something the Magi at Dweomer know a thing or two about."

The Amaki, clearly excited and with a grin reminiscent of a 5 year old in a candy store on his face, then sombers up for a moment. "We aren't the only ones aware of this increased power, so let's keep our eyes open. No telling what we'll run into out here," he says, hinting of the possibility the Templar could encounter something else at the Ley Line with its own plans and goals.

Hopefully nothing.




At the Ley Line area, once he is convinced he is safe, Sal will fully charge his P.P.E. (including "overcharging" , up to 756 P.P.E.) and proceed to conduct multiple rituals and invocations:

1. Creation of Amulets (using the 5 purified by fire purchased in Char)
  • See the Invisible (x3) (290 P.P.E. each)
  • Turn Undead (400 P.P.E.)
  • Charm (290 P.P.E.)

2. Creation of various Talismans (using 10 medallions, 10 pieces of bone, and 2 rings purchased - one ring should remain)
  • Magic Adrenal Rush (545 P.P.E.)
  • Invulnerability x3 (525 P.P.E. per); 1 as ring
  • Invincible Armor x2 (530 P.P.E. per); 1 as ring
  • Greater Healing x2 (530 P.P.E. per)
  • Sorcerous Fury x2 (570 P.P.E. per)
  • Fly as the Eagle x2 (525 P.P.E. per)
  • Invisibility: Superior x2 (520 P.P.E. per)
  • Spinning Blades x2 (520 P.P.E. per)
  • Wisps of Confusion (540 P.P.E.)
  • Negate Magic (530 P.P.E.)
  • P.P.E. Battery x4 (550 P.P.E. per)

3. After finishing these, he will proceed to create some scrolls (using the 48 blank scroll parchments he has):
  • Wall of Defense x2 (155 P.P.E. each)
  • Mystic Portal x2 (160 P.P.E. each)
  • Anti-Magic Cloud x2 (240 P.P.E. each)
  • Astral Hole x2 (220 P.P.E. each)
  • Bottomless Pit x2 (200 P.P.E. each)
  • Create Magic Scroll (200 P.P.E.) (ooc: yes, I am creating a scroll of the spell Create Magic Scroll)
  • Curse of the World Bizarre x2 (200 P.P.E. each)
  • Disharmonize x2 (250 P.P.E. each)
  • Energy Sphere (220 P.P.E.)
  • Firequake x2 (260 P.P.E. each)
  • Illusory Terrain (220 P.P.E.)
  • Mindshatter x2 (230 P.P.E. each)
  • Rift Teleportation (200 P.P.E.)
  • See in Magic Darkness (225 P.P.E.)
  • Summon Fog (240 P.P.E.)
  • Calm Storms (300 P.P.E.)
  • Ensorcel (500 P.P.E.)
  • Heavy Air x2 (300 P.P.E. each)
  • Metamorphosis: Mist (350 P.P.E)
  • Null Sphere x2 (320 P.P.E.)
  • Soultwist (270 P.P.E.)
  • Summon & Control Entity (350 P.P.E.)
  • Time Hole (320 P.P.E.)
  • Wall of the Weird x2 (280 P.P.E. each)
  • Restore Life (375 P.P.E.)
  • Shadow Wall x2 (500 P.P.E. each)
  • Summon & Control Storm (400 P.P.E. each)
  • Summon Lesser Being x2 (525 P.P.E. each)
  • Swap Places (400 P.P.E.)
  • Annihilate x2 (700 P.P.E. each)
  • Impenetrable Wall of Force (700 P.P.E.)
  • Summon Ally (700 P.P.E. each)
  • Teleport: Superior (700 P.P.E.)

4. Finally, he will cast an Energy Sphere and funnel in the maximum amount of P.P.E. (500 P.P.E. at his level) for storage.




After a long and exhausting string of ceremonial magic workings and rituals, is worn the hell out.

He returns with the group to the Behemoth and wearily presents the fruits of their labor to the individual Templar who requested items:

To Leo, he gives a See the Invisible Amulet: "This will allow you to see invisible things within a few hundred feet so long as you wear it,"; a Talisman of Invulnerability: "I know you mentioned Armor Bizarre, but I thought this might prove even better - hope you don't mind, friend,"; a Talisman of Magic-Adrenal Rush: [b'}Be careful with this one, big guy - you're already hyped up with that chemical harness, and this will give you a super rush the likes of which you've never seen...but you'll drag for a bit afterward, so use it when you really need to crank up the magic juice for few minutes, because it won't last long, and the crash is pretty rough!"[/b]; and a Talisman of Fly as the Eagle: "No offense intended, but you seem to have some trouble with that jet pack - this will help you fly without it when needed," he says.

Sal will take the time to explain to Leo how all the spells work, and how the Talisman provides for 3 uses of each spell unless he (Sal) recharges it.

To Dhaltuun, he will present a See the Invisible Amulet, a Talisman of Invincible Armor, a Talisman of Greater Healing, and a Talisman of Sorcerous Fury, which he will present carefully, with a strong warning to Dhaltuun to use only when desperately needed, as he won't really be able to control the magical fury that he would be infused with and could end up hurting those he cares about.

Sal will take the time to explain to Dhaltuun how all the spells work (if he didn't already know), and how the Talisman provides for 3 uses of each spell unless he (Sal) recharges it.

Note: IF Dhaltuun is not conscious, Sal will give the Talismans to Leo and Rufus, with the explanations and warnings above.

To Rufus, Sal will present a Talisman of Invisibility: Superior: "I've noticed you like that ring of invisibility, so I thought you might enjoy this too. This one will make you not only invisible, but completely undetectable, as long as you don't act in any hostile manner,", a Talisman of Spinning Blades: "You'll get some mileage out of this one - just toss up a knife in the air, and you have a full minute of whirling blades to protect you as you cast, which you can send toward a foe as a slice-and-dice buzzsaw in a pinch,", and a Talisman of Invulnerability: "Keep your fur safe with this one. In addition to the mega-damage protective field, it bolsters your defenses against all magic and psionic powers."

Sal will take the time to explain to Rufus how all the spells work (if he didn't already know), and how the Talisman provides for 3 uses of each spell unless he (Sal) recharges it.

The rest of his magical efforts, he will organize on the return trip home, categorizing and sorting through the various scrolls and putting on the remaining amulets and talismans.
Salomón, High Magus
Important Information
Current Status
S.D.C.: 723/723
Hit Points: 243/243
P.P.E.: 136/252
I.S.P.: 69/73


Armor and Weapons Carried and Locations

Always On:
Sixth Sense
Nightvision 1000 feet (305 m)
A.R.: Skin has a natural Armor Rating (A.R.) of 16
Damage Resistance: Amaki are naturally resistant to most forms of damage; all non-magical attacks, including physical and energy attacks, do only half damage. Magical and psionic attacks do normal damage.
Enhanced Senses: Exceptionally good hearing and vision (slightly above the best human levels)
Rapid healing: heals damage five times faster than humans

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information]
Spells, psionic attacks, drugs and diseases that cause confusion, dizziness or dull the senses are 1/2 as effective (reduce penalties and duration by half).
Coma/Death: +16% (P.E.)+5% (High Magus, One With The Body) = +21%
Magic (varies): +6
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): +6
Psionics (12+): +4
Horror Factor (varies): +5
Illusions: +2 (+8 if magic)
Mind Control: +5
Impervious to possession!

Speed: Salomón runs 15mph/440 meters per minute/110 meters per melee round/22 meters per attack @ 5 attacks per round. 3min and 40 sec per mile, or 2 min 18 sec per km, at running speed. Can run at half speed for 23 miles (37 km) before fatigue sets in. At maximum speed, can run for 7.6 miles (12.2 km) before fatigue!

Endurance and Athletics
Max. Encumbrance: 80 lbs.
Max. Carrying Weight: 420 lbs.
Max. Lifting Weight: 840 lbs.
Max. Jumping Ability: 10' long, 5' high
Fatigues at half normal rate, can hold breath for 3 minutes, has good balance (+5%) and coordination.
User avatar
Salomón
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Previous

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest