The Crawling City

If supernatural evil feels persecuted, you can bet the Templar are responsible.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19
JIC: /1d100 = 36
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 20
Initiative (if needed): Invalid dice code!
APM (if needed): 6

Conditions:
  • PPE: 116/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge
  • Breathe Without Air: 43 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 43 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 44 melees remaining
  • Magic Net: 4 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 11 melees remaining

Ryu Goryo wrote:The robot seems to be pretty stuck on this point. "How would you know unless you tried it!? Why this unit was specifically equipped with a Skynet 36C atom-recombinator designed to recycle any known biological matter and reconstitute it into as many as two hundred and thirty four different flavours of ice cream!


Rufus makes an exaggerated face. "Well for one thing, it doesn't matter what flavor you'd make it we'd KNOW it's blood! The taste of blood has made me barf ever since this one time Randy Beaman triple-dog-dared me to try some because he told me it'd make me a vampire and I said he was a doofus. Why you wanna use blood so bad anyway mister?"

Ryu Goryo wrote:"Nonsense child. This man can not be a police officer. He is not even dressed appropriately, nor are his credentials showing up on the local police databases this unit has access to. You really shouldn't believe strangers, they will only lead you into trouble! As to the Historical Library, it is located down hallway C just past the entrance to the magnificent Museum of Historical Artifacts!"


Rufus shakes his head. "Didn't you say you've been here for 300 years, mister? That's a loooooooong time to be here all by yourself with no friends to talk to and no news from the outside world. I don't know how many monsters there were back then, but there are a whole bunch of them now. Big ones. Scary ones. Tough ones. So tough they had to come up with new kinds of cops to fight 'em. Officer Jason here is one of them. He has to wear armor to protect him from the monsters. But his police car is REALLY COOL -- it turns into a tank, and if that's not enough it also turns into a TOTALLY WICKED robot that can punch the monsters just like a hero in an action vid!" He throws a few fake punches and hops around a bit.

Ryu Goryo wrote:Presented with the sample of grigleaper the robot takes a few moments to scan it before speaking "Error: Unsuitable sample. Material density too high. Presence of contaminants exceeds safety limits. Please provide a new sample."

Jason Long wrote:Jason dives into his pack and digs out the MREs. Jason empties the pouch, then fills the pouch half full of water. He dumps the entree pack into the water and shakes it up. He offers that to the robot.

"Try this sample. You should be able to process these foodstuffs into ice cream. If this is acceptable, I know where there is a large supply of varied foodstuffs that you can process. "

Jason calls the other Templar on the radio, "Girgleaper didn't cut it. Trying MREs. Does anyone see another source of Earth type, biological matter? It may help create a partnership with our new friend here.


Rufus facepalms. Well that was a good idea... right up until then... He's just about to let out a very inhuman growl of frustration when Jason presents the homicidal robot with some of his own rations. For a moment all he can do is stare with a slack jaw. You've got to be kidding me! Don't tell me we could have just fed the blasted thing all along...

He starts rummaging around in his own pouches to pull out some of his own rations.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:32 am

As it turned out, the MREs were apparently entirely acceptable by the machine. Jason found it didn't have to be strictly liquid either, just about any MRE would do so long as it was small and easy enough to grind up in the small input receptacle. The packaging had to be removed first since that couldn't be processed by the machine, but otherwise turned out to be a pretty suitable option. The only problem was, the group only had so many MREs. Rufus was a bit better off with two weeks worth for himself (Which also turned out to be suitable), Marcus had none at all, Hours had some in the saddle bags of the now missing (and presumed dead) horse and Kilo had a fair number of MREs suitable for someone of his rather high juicer boosted metabolism. Some (Though a rather small amount) of the difference could be made up with water, but that was also a limited resource for the group since everyone only had what ever was in their various canteens. The machine meanwhile required a fairly sizeable amount to apparently satisfy it, leaving the question of just how much the group could actually spare to 'feed' it. On the upside at least the group could then eat the ice cream it produced, or at least that was the hope. Not that ice cream made for a very nourishing meal generally speaking but it would be better than nothing.

And then the question was, how long could the group string the robot along?

Not only that but the storm that had been some distance away was starting to sweep across the ruined city, and it looked like it was going to be a pretty rough one...

Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:01 am
Location: AGM: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:43 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 44

Ryu Goryo wrote:As Hours begins to range further and further outward from the APC, he can't shake the feeling that he's being watched, though if he is, he can't see any sign of it. He does however eventually find a fairly large pool of red drying blood along with a sizable blood smear running up the wall of one of the ruined buildings. Odds were fairly good that he'd very likely not be getting the horse back, The gear might be salvageable, but first he'd have go find it. He did however at least have a direction to go in, and following the trail wouldn't be terribly hard, at least for the time being.

With both Hours and Marcus outside, they could see the storm clouds with their occasional blue flashes of lightning and thunder were drawing nearer as time went on. It looked like quite a storm was stirring up and crawling in their direction. The upside was at least that there was plenty of shelter from the inevitable wind and rain it would bring, but it would also serve to wash away the trail of blood, and make it much more difficult to see.


Hours looks from the blood trail to the on coming storm and back to the blood trail several times. "Damn it, that was a good horse too. I'm useless with out my gear, my ammo was in the saddle bags for one thing... and my rations and water." The cowboy thinks to himself. He stands at the base of the building and looks for the best place to start climbing.

Jason Long wrote:Jason calls the other Templar on the radio, "Girgleaper didn't cut it. Trying MREs. Does anyone see another source of Earth type, biological matter? It may help create a partnership with our new friend here.


Hours stops before he gets started, triggers his radio he replies with a definite hint of anger in his voice. "My ride is gone and with it all of my gear. I've found a blood trail, so I don't hold out much hope for the horse, but am going to follow it and try to retrieve at least some of my shit." He begins to climb then stops, triggering the radio again, Also, there's one hell of a storm coming down on us." Some of the anger in his voice has dropped and happy that he's warned the team he starts up the wall again, only to stop a second time and once again triggers his radio, Anyone want to come along it would be much appropriated." There's a new tone to his voice, one of subtle pleading.

He looks to the storm again to try and judge how much time he has until it arrives and destroys any hope of following this trail. Turning back to the wall and with grim determination final begins his accent. As he climbs the hairs on the back of his neck stand up, he just can't shake the feeling he's being watched...and it scares the hell out of him.

Prowl 50% -1d100 = 75
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% - 1d100 = 73
Gymnastics: Basis Climbing 25% - 1d100 = 90
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 9

Skills used:


With a sigh Marcus nods to Jason as they hear,,,,

Hours Williams wrote:Hours stops before he gets started, triggers his radio he replies with a definite hint of anger in his voice. "My ride is gone and with it all of my gear. I've found a blood trail, so I don't hold out much hope for the horse, but am going to follow it and try to retrieve at least some of my shit." He begins to climb then stops, triggering the radio again, Also, there's one hell of a storm coming down on us." Some of the anger in his voice has dropped and happy that he's warned the team he starts up the wall again, only to stop a second time and once again triggers his radio, Anyone want to come along it would be much appropriated." There's a new tone to his voice, one of subtle pleading.


Looking to Jason, The good doctor will nod and say, "I'll head out and help Hours with recovery. We should have scouts out in any case and look for gear is the same as looking for hostiles in most cases." With a significant look at the Ice-Cream-bot, Marcus says, "Be careful with the new friend. "
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:55 am

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 6%

Jason begins to relax a bit that the MREs worked.
Hours Williams wrote:
Hours stops before he gets started, triggers his radio he replies with a definite hint of anger in his voice. "My ride is gone and with it all of my gear. I've found a blood trail, so I don't hold out much hope for the horse, but am going to follow it and try to retrieve at least some of my shit." He begins to climb then stops, triggering the radio again, Also, there's one hell of a storm coming down on us." Some of the anger in his voice has dropped and happy that he's warned the team he starts up the wall again, only to stop a second time and once again triggers his radio, Anyone want to come along it would be much appropriated." There's a new tone to his voice, one of subtle pleading.


One emergency after the other, the joys of being a Templar While the robot is processing the ice cream I wonder how bad THAT will taste Jason decides to help Hours, his tracking skills should be of use.

" Carnation 8441-A, at our facility, we can supply you all the raw materials you could hope for to make ice cream for the thousands of children and adults in a living town. Please excuse me while I assist another member of our group. I'm sure he will be delighted to try your ice cream when we get back!"

"Hours, on my way. How much time do you think we have before the storm hits us? "

Jason rushes over to Hours and begins trying to track whatever took the horse in an attempt to recover the gear.

((Track & Trap Animals--62% / 1d100 = 53% ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 72
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 60
Initiative (if needed): 1d20+3 = 4
APM (if needed): 6

Conditions:
  • PPE: 116/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge
  • Breathe Without Air: 42 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 42 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 43 melees remaining
  • Magic Net: 3 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 10 melees remaining

Rufus is still rather amazed that such a seemingly simple solution seemed to be working -- at least for the moment anyway. Son of a motherless goat, he thinks to himself. Guess momma was right when she said never to leave out without plenty of rations... because 'you never know who might need a bite to eat out there -- even if it's just you.' He chuckles to himself. Wonder what she'd say if she were here now?

Hours Williams wrote:Hours stops before he gets started, triggers his radio he replies with a definite hint of anger in his voice. "My ride is gone and with it all of my gear. I've found a blood trail, so I don't hold out much hope for the horse, but am going to follow it and try to retrieve at least some of my shit." He begins to climb then stops, triggering the radio again, Also, there's one hell of a storm coming down on us." Some of the anger in his voice has dropped and happy that he's warned the team he starts up the wall again, only to stop a second time and once again triggers his radio, Anyone want to come along it would be much appropriated." There's a new tone to his voice, one of subtle pleading.


Jason Long wrote:" Carnation 8441-A, at our facility, we can supply you all the raw materials you could hope for to make ice cream for the thousands of children and adults in a living town. Please excuse me while I assist another member of our group. I'm sure he will be delighted to try your ice cream when we get back!"


Rufus' eyes dart between Jason and the large cavernous hole where the ice cream bot was trapped. If it was blocked off back there what's beyond may have been spared the years of looting and pillaging. Maybe there's another map in there -- that's supposed to be a library after all, right? The little mage struggles for a few long seconds between his desire to help Hours recover his gear and his desire to find something that could help complete the overall mission. In the end he sighs slightly. "Več glav več ve," he mutters. "Many eyes see more than one." Besides, we can search inside while it's raining. It's not like we'll be able to do much else.

He reverts back to his more childish persona as he turns to the robot. "I'm going to help him too, Mister. Please keep the ice cream cold until we get back, okay? We can eat it while it's raining outside."

He turns and skips off after Jason only to drop the act once he's out of sight of the robot. "Ewwww, that's not good..." he mutters under his breath at the sight of the blood trail. He could climb the wall, of course, but it'd be better to check on the hover pod anyway. He runs over to it, checks to see if it's still like he left it, and fires it up (assuming it hasn't been completely trashed as well).

"Anybody need a lift up over the wall?" he calls out to Hours and Jason. "Less strenuous than going up yourself -- unless you're the Doc, that is." If anyone takes him up on it he'll ferry them up to the roof (using the extendable stretcher, that can accommodate 800 lbs or 3 adults sitting on it) and follow along the blood trail as long as it's visible. If they come to an abrupt end (as in the blood trail petering out) he'll set down and start sniffing around to see if he can pick up the scent.

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 88/89%
1d100 = 10/48% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
1d100 = 28/64% to recognize common/known smells
1d100 = 62/38% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away


((OOC: How much of our rations remain? Also, I'm guessing combat rolls aren't needed here but if otherwise let me know and I'll add them))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:31 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 88

Kilo was about to step forward and volunteer to help Hours look for his dead horse when he sees everyone else jump to do the same. Well someone has to watch the damn robot.

Finding Jason outside Kilo will get close and say quietly in case the robot could pick up their voices from inside, "Kilo stay with robot. Eat food it make slowly until you get back. Kilo fight it only if have to."

The ogre will then walk back inside and set himself up to watch the robot work. He will look it over and try and identify parts that might look important and come up with a plan to disable it the fastest if the situation requires it. Once the rest of the group is gone and Kilo is sure he is alone with the robot he says, "Machine is dumb. It ok, machines no think lots." Banging himself on the chest he continues, "Kilo know blood taste but it not ok eat blood. It not allowed."

After that the juicer will sit and watch the machine ready with his clubs if he should need them.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:39 pm

GM Notes wrote:
Rufus wrote:((OOC: How much of our rations remain?))


Since no one responded to my asking the group (twice) how many of your rations you wanted to feed the machine,a nd after talking to Storm about it, the decision is that you've fed them ALL your rations. Meaning the only food you technically have (If you can get it back) are the rations Hours brought along as they are in the presently missing saddle bags.

But at least you'll have ice cream.


With the aid of the hover pod, getting people up to the section of the ruins where Traveller had been dragged away into wasn't terribly hard. It did however count among the list of things that might not have been the best of moves as the Templar soon find that the answer is 'into a nest full of Grigleapers'. Fortunately for everyone Rufus smells them, and Hours and Marcus hear them well before stumbling blindly into the nest. The wrecked and blood soaked remains of both the horse and the saddle bags lays scattered amid what looks to be some sort of bone pile in the middle of a fairly large, half collapsed room. By chance it seems the Grigleapers are presently either sleeping or otherwise semi dormant, but too much noise would certainly attract their attention in short order. Worse, the surrounding environment wasn't the most stable of places to be.

Image

The question thus became, what would the group do? Would they risk attempting to traverse the hallway and into the wrecked room beyond to attempt to retrieve the saddle bags, or would they consider it a lost cause not worth the risk?

Image

Meanwhile the storm only continued to worsen, heavy rain began to pelt down along with bolts of bright blue lightning that made Rufus' fur bristle ever so slightly. Soon the rain stops but then the sky starts to turn a dark greenish grey while the wind begins to really pick up, gusting through the ruins with shrill whistles. The bolts of lightning begin to intensify, flashing blueish white as they start to crackle and strike all over. As experienced as he was in the ways of magic and the leylines, Rufus knew what it meant. A leyline storm was rapidly heading their way, and it felt like it might be a bad one. But that wasn't all, his keen hearing started picking up something else too, the distant sound of a motor of some sort echoing through the supposedly uninhabited city... and it certainly wasn't one of the Templar.
ImageImage
User avatar
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:01 am
Location: AGM: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:48 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8 +2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 62

]"Oh Heck No!", Thinks Marcus as he rises up and sees the sleeping or dormant nest of Grigleapers. The good doctor slowly and very quietly pulls back from the nest and Makes a scissoring motion with his hands to any of the Templar that can see him. With a silent sigh at the loss of the horse, Marcus head back his over-watch position wondering how long it will be before Kilo is hungry again.

On his way back to his post, the good doctor takes a good look around and can almost swear he hears something in the distance. Turning on his Multi-Optics Helmet Marcus scans the surrounding area before the storm hits.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 84
JIC2: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 19
I.S.P: 116 / 116
Motorcycle 1d100 = 86 / 70%

Bellone keeps making her way toward the sounds she is hearing. I hope I get there soon, this damn storm is back again and I know trouble will be coming with it. As she continues to ride her decision is to hold back from whatever she is approaching, or at least leave herself a couple of directions to head in case she's about to spring a trap.
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 61
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 89

Conditions:
  • PPE: 116/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge
  • Breathe Without Air: 41 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 41 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 42 melees remaining
  • Magic Net: 2 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 9 melees remaining

Ryu Goryo wrote:With the aid of the hover pod, getting people up to the section of the ruins where Traveller had been dragged away into wasn't terribly hard. It did however count among the list of things that might not have been the best of moves as the Templar soon find that the answer is 'into a nest full of Grigleapers'. Fortunately for everyone Rufus smells them, and Hours and Marcus hear them well before stumbling blindly into the nest. The wrecked and blood soaked remains of both the horse and the saddle bags lays scattered amid what looks to be some sort of bone pile in the middle of a fairly large, half collapsed room. By chance it seems the Grigleapers are presently either sleeping or otherwise semi dormant, but too much noise would certainly attract their attention in short order. Worse, the surrounding environment wasn't the most stable of places to be.

The question thus became, what would the group do? Would they risk attempting to traverse the hallway and into the wrecked room beyond to attempt to retrieve the saddle bags, or would they consider it a lost cause not worth the risk?


Rufus shakes his head slowly at the sight of what's left of Hours' horse as he studies the unmoving forms of the Grigleapers below, trying to determine the relative amount of danger they were in simply by standing this close to the nest. I wonder if they're like certain species of predatory fish that are relatively docile for a while after feeding?

Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 62/67%

The thought of the horse being killed/eaten comes as no real surprise -- he figured that was the case almost from the start -- but seeing what's left of his teammate's gear sitting so close yet so far away vexed him. Surely there's a way to get down there and get Slim's saddle bags, he muses. Marcus could fly down there. That'd be a quick in and out, but what if they happen to see him? My invisibility spell doesn't work on others and the closest thing I have to a flight spell is only good for breaking a fall. If I had a telekinesis spell I could simply reach in there like I was grabbing -- wait, that's it! Rufus makes a finger-snapping motion but without the sound. That should work! It HAS to work! It's pretty much the only thing we've got! Unless someone else has telekinetic abilities, anyway.

Marcus wrote:The good doctor slowly and very quietly pulls back from the nest and Makes a scissoring motion with his hands to any of the Templar that can see him. With a silent sigh at the loss of the horse, Marcus head back his over-watch position wondering how long it will be before Kilo is hungry again.


Rufus turns around to see Marcus backing away from the nest. He waves the doctor back and moves closer in so they can talk without raising their voices. "Doc -- I think I can retrieve Hours' saddle bags and his gear without having to get down in there and waking them up. But in case I'm wrong, it'd be best if everyone else was back inside." He gestures to the hover pod. "Go ahead and take Jason and Hours down and get that under cover; don't worry, I can get down safely from here."

Ryu Goryo wrote:Meanwhile the storm only continued to worsen, heavy rain began to pelt down along with bolts of bright blue lightning that made Rufus' fur bristle ever so slightly. Soon the rain stops but then the sky starts to turn a dark greenish grey while the wind begins to really pick up, gusting through the ruins with shrill whistles. The bolts of lightning begin to intensify, flashing blueish white as they start to crackle and strike all over. As experienced as he was in the ways of magic and the leylines, Rufus knew what it meant. A leyline storm was rapidly heading their way, and it felt like it might be a bad one. But that wasn't all, his keen hearing started picking up something else too, the distant sound of a motor of some sort echoing through the supposedly uninhabited city... and it certainly wasn't one of the Templar.


"And we don't have much time," he adds as he feels the bristling of his fur and sees the bluish-white lightning dance about the darkened sky. "We've got a ley line storm coming in fast -- and it looks like it could be a big one." His ears flicker and swivel. "We've also got company inbound on some sort of motor vehicle; if we're really lucky it's the blue-skinned učenjak we're looking for." His expression darkens. "And if it isn't, then maybe it'd be best if they didn't know we were here."

As he turns back to the nest his thoughts are only partially on the task at hand. A ley line storm? Here? I can sense lines within 40 miles, why couldn't I sense one close enough to toss a storm of that size our way? And close enough that I don't have time to prep a defense! He scowls silently as he shakes away the questions. There will be time enough for that sort of rumination while they're riding out the freak storm inside after getting Hours' gear. IF I can get that gear, he notes dourly. Oh well, here goes nothing.

Rufus makes a gesture as he whispers "pallium" under his breath and shimmers out of view. His disappearing act is followed by the barely audible words "tracto res." Blue wisps of magical energy materialize and reach out towards the saddle bags, wrapping around them and gently, slowly, and as quietly as possible, bringing them back to where the little mage was standing.

((Casting Invisibility: Simple -- 6 PPE -- and Manipulate Objects -- 16 PPE for his 40 lbs maximum. Trying to snag the bags and bring them back as gently/quietly as possible without waking up the sleeping Grigleapers. If any show signs of stirring he'll stop tugging as long as they seem awake.))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:07 am

Perception: [dice[1d20[/dice]
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 2

Ryu Goryo wrote:With the aid of the hover pod, getting people up to the section of the ruins where Traveller had been dragged away into wasn't terribly hard. It did however count among the list of things that might not have been the best of moves as the Templar soon find that the answer is 'into a nest full of Grigleapers'. Fortunately for everyone Rufus smells them, and Hours and Marcus hear them well before stumbling blindly into the nest. The wrecked and blood soaked remains of both the horse and the saddle bags lays scattered amid what looks to be some sort of bone pile in the middle of a fairly large, half collapsed room. By chance it seems the Grigleapers are presently either sleeping or otherwise semi dormant, but too much noise would certainly attract their attention in short order. Worse, the surrounding environment wasn't the most stable of places to be.


Jason quietly surveys the scene. We do need to recover his gear, but we can't fight all these things if they wake up. Wish we had some gas that we knew would kill those things. Maybe someone has some magic that would lift the bags out.

As Jason is about to motion everyone back, Rufus beats him to it.

Rufus wrote:Rufus turns around to see Marcus backing away from the nest. He waves the doctor back and moves closer in so they can talk without raising their voices. "Doc -- I think I can retrieve Hours' saddle bags and his gear without having to get down in there and waking them up. But in case I'm wrong, it'd be best if everyone else was back inside." He gestures to the hover pod. "Go ahead and take Jason and Hours down and get that under cover; don't worry, I can get down safely from here."


"Good idea. Do you have some kind of telekinesis? Either way, we'll back up and get everyone inside the museum. The walls ha withstood other storms. We'll seal up the APC for now. I don't want the sound of it's diesel waking up these bugs while Rufus is in here."

Rufus wrote:"And we don't have much time," he adds as he feels the bristling of his fur and sees the bluish-white lightning dance about the darkened sky. "We've got a ley line storm coming in fast -- and it looks like it could be a big one." His ears flicker and swivel. "We've also got company inbound on some sort of motor vehicle; if we're really lucky it's the blue-skinned učenjak we're looking for." His expression darkens. "And if it isn't, then maybe it'd be best if they didn't know we were here."


As Jason heads back with Marcus and Hours, he whispers with them about how to secure the building from the inside. He then pauses, "By the way Doc, What's a ley line storm?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 am

Bellone

Bellone finds that many of the streets and alleyways are completely clogged with rubble and years of overgrowth. Still, the upside was her bike was pretty light and she could fit it through narrow spaces, doing so quickly might not be so easy however, but she was fairly certain she could at least out run the APC that was parked out front of the building. Less certain however was she about the hoverpod that seemed to be carrying people. Right now it was clear to her that they were trying to get something, and even from where she was, the red stain of blood was visible, if just barely so. It's not very long at all before she sees most of the people who went in quickly leave again, and seem to be trying to stay relatively quiet. No one however so far made any move towards her and things were fairly quiet, save for the storm that was now very quickly rushing up towards everyone.

Rufus

Rufus finds that it's a little more involved pulling the chewed up saddlebags over than he'd initially hoped for, mostly because some of it was still under what little remained of the now deceased horse. Ultimately, because the bags were ripped open he had to carefully float a few other loose odds and ends, but manages to get back what looks like everything that had been in them. The saddlebags themselves however were a total write off. The rest of the stuff that had been packed in them was covered mostly in blood, the container that held Hours' food supplies was at least intact though, so none of that was ruined. Anything else could simply be washed, eventually.

When it came to the temperament of the Grigleapers themselves, Rufus realized that the reason they seemed fairly dormant at the moment wasn't anything to do with if they'd attack the group or not. Grigleapers were well known to take on devil unicorns and other serious threats without qualm. They were even more known for attacking and eating people and livestock. However, as they were supernatural in nature the incoming leyline storm likely would have some effect on them, and so they were simply taking shelter. Something that Rufus realized the rest of the group ought to do very soon given how quickly the storm was travelling in the group's direction.

Storms a brewing!

With Hours' supplies returned thanks to some quick thinking on Rufus' part, the team is able to reconvene near the APC, though no one could miss the storm rolling in at this point. Bright flashes of lightning were starting to strike down, some of them strong enough to blast rubble loose and off in the distance a pack of Grigleapers could be seen scrambling away from the storm itself and making for what ever cover they could find. So, the upside was, the group would likely be free of grigleaper attacks during the storm. The bad news however was, they still had a psychotic ice cream machine to deal with, and the storm that was about to overtake their position.
ImageImage
User avatar
Ryu Goryo
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:01 am
Location: AGM: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:23 am

Perception: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 90

Hearing the tone in Rufus's voice regarding the incoming storm, Jason again curses his ignorance about this world. What the hell is a ley line storm that it worries him so much.

"ok, if this storm is so bad, lets get inside the building. It has weathered these storms for hundreds of years and is still standing. Once everyone is inside, I'll back the APC so that it is blocking the door, with the rear hatch opening inside the museum. It should. That way the APC will protect the doorway from the storm, and the close proximity to the building will help lessen damage and stress on the APC. Also, I want someone watching for whatever that engine is. If it looks friendly, I can pull the APC forward to let them in. If they aren't friendly, the APC's armor will protect us better than the doors. Unless anyone has a better plan and can come up with it fast."

If no one has a reasonable objection. Jason puts actions to words and powers up the APC. Once everyone is inside the museum, he lowers the rear hatch and backs the APC up to the doorway. He tries to put the ramp through the doors and have the back of the APC as flush with the building as possible. Once it is in place, he locks the brakes and powers down. Not knowing what this storm can do to the APC's electronics, Jason switches everything off and pops the circuit breakers to protect them.

((Pilot: Tanks & APCs--95% / 1d100 = 100 ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 22
JIC2: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 95
I.S.P: 116 / 116
Motorcycle 1d100 = 99 / 70%

With the storm picking up and lightning crashing down Bellone's hand is forced. This is not going to end well if I keep trying to go it alone. Time to pony up and introduce myself, got lucky one night doubtful it will happen again. She rides over to the others trying not to draw unwanted attention or a fire fight. As she gets close to them if they don't attempt to attacker her, Bellone stops but keeps the motor running. "Hi guys! Wouldn't by chance have room for another member in your group?"
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:34 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 77

Standing by the museum with Jason and Marcus, Hours is thrilled when Rufus comes over to them with his gear. A big beaming smile on his face, happy to have his gear back and not expose his own telekinetic abilities. "That's some mighty handy work there Rufus. I can't thank you enough. Taking his belonging, he extends his right hand out to the D-bee. "Maybe this one isn't so bad after all." He thinks to himself. He takes another look up toward the whole the creatures are in and thinks, "Damn shame about that horse though." Out loud he says, "Looks like I'm going to need some new bags."

He heads back into the museum to find Kilo. once he finds him and the robot, he says "Any trouble out of his thing Kilo?" Regardless of the Ogres answer, Hours finds a convenient place to look though his stuff, upon finding his gun cleaning kit he blurts out, "Where is my rifle?...Ah, crap."

With a big sigh, the psi-slinger gets up and says, "Nobody touch that." pointing to his belongings, he then walks back to where Jason is and takes up the position of look out.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 21
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 84

Conditions:
  • PPE: 94/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge (inside)
  • Breathe Without Air: 40 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 40 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 41 melees remaining
  • Magic Net: 1 melee remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 8 melees remaining

Ryu Goryo wrote:Rufus finds that it's a little more involved pulling the chewed up saddlebags over than he'd initially hoped for, mostly because some of it was still under what little remained of the now deceased horse. Ultimately, because the bags were ripped open he had to carefully float a few other loose odds and ends, but manages to get back what looks like everything that had been in them. The saddlebags themselves however were a total write off. The rest of the stuff that had been packed in them was covered mostly in blood, the container that held Hours' food supplies was at least intact though, so none of that was ruined. Anything else could simply be washed, eventually.

When it came to the temperament of the Grigleapers themselves, Rufus realized that the reason they seemed fairly dormant at the moment wasn't anything to do with if they'd attack the group or not. Grigleapers were well known to take on devil unicorns and other serious threats without qualm. They were even more known for attacking and eating people and livestock. However, as they were supernatural in nature the incoming leyline storm likely would have some effect on them, and so they were simply taking shelter. Something that Rufus realized the rest of the group ought to do very soon given how quickly the storm was travelling in the group's direction.

----------------------------

With Hours' supplies returned thanks to some quick thinking on Rufus' part, the team is able to reconvene near the APC, though no one could miss the storm rolling in at this point. Bright flashes of lightning were starting to strike down, some of them strong enough to blast rubble loose and off in the distance a pack of Grigleapers could be seen scrambling away from the storm itself and making for what ever cover they could find. So, the upside was, the group would likely be free of grigleaper attacks during the storm. The bad news however was, they still had a psychotic ice cream machine to deal with, and the storm that was about to overtake their position.


Rufus sighs with relief as he manages to magically hoist up the last of the supplies from Hours' saddlebags without any interference from the Grigleapers below. The smell and the feel of horse blood covering everything draws more than a few instances of a turned up nose and some facial grimaces from the Kankoran, but after he sets everything down in a pile away from the edge of the hole he drops his spell of invisibility -- well that was a waste of manna, he thinks to himself as he does so, I could've stood there in a bright glowing neon yellow jumpsuit and they wouldn't have done a thing except maybe laugh... do Grigleapers even laugh? Well they would have if they had seen it, I'm sure, but the important thing is we've got his stuff back -- and gestures over the pile.

"Purgo..." he whispers softly as a wave of magical energy cascades over the items, washing away the blood and grime from the supplies. Once the wave dissipates he gathers them up in his arms and hands them off to the gunslinger. "Here you go."

((OOC: Casting Cleanse spell -- 6 PPE))

Hours Williams wrote:Hours is thrilled when Rufus comes over to them with his gear. A big beaming smile on his face, happy to have his gear back and not expose his own telekinetic abilities. "That's some mighty handy work there Rufus. I can't thank you enough. Taking his belonging, he extends his right hand out to the D-bee. "Looks like I'm going to need some new bags."


Rufus shakes his hand. "My pleasure, prijatelj. I only wish I could have done more -- sorry about your horse." If Marcus hasn't already gotten him and Jason back down under cover, Rufus will motion for them to join him on the hover pod and bring it back down in through the building entrance, setting down just inside (being careful not to go too far in and stir up more dust/dirt that's already in the air). If they and the pod are already down on the ground, he'll jump off the edge and float down using the Float in Air spell.

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100 = 2/89%

Once back inside he makes sure everything is secured before taking one last look outside the building and finally spotting where the other engine noise is coming from.

Bellone wrote:With the storm picking up and lightning crashing down Bellone's hand is forced. This is not going to end well if I keep trying to go it alone. Time to pony up and introduce myself, got lucky one night doubtful it will happen again. She rides over to the others trying not to draw unwanted attention or a fire fight. As she gets close to them if they don't attempt to attacker her, Bellone stops but keeps the motor running. "Hi guys! Wouldn't by chance have room for another member in your group?"


"Depends," Rufus quips back. "How do you feel about fresh ice cream and deranged homicidal robots?" He waves her over while keeping a wary eye on the new arrival along with a wary hand close to his holster just in case she's not as friendly as she seems. Once they've ducked back in under cover he points around to the others. "By way of introductions the name's Rufus, and we're the Templars out of MercTown. That's Officer Long, Doctor Marcus, Hours, and big ol' Kilo over there. Who are you? And what brings you to the glorious spectacle of glistening downtown Denver? You wouldn't happen to know where the library is, do you? And you wouldn't happen to have seen a tall blue-skinned humanoid around here as well?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:05 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 23
JIC:1d20 = 12 1d100 = 24

Kilo quickly looks up as the group returns. Finally, this waiting around shit is just too much.

Hours Williams wrote: "Any trouble out of his thing Kilo?"


Waving a hand dismissively Kilo says, "No! Kilo bored. When we go!" Making the question almost rhetorical, the ogre wanders of to try and find something to do.


Hours Williams wrote: "Nobody touch that."


Laughing to himself Kilo wanders around the room waiting for Hours to look away from his stuff. Don't touch hey? Maybe I want to touch it.

Rufus wrote:and big ol' Kilo over there.


As Kilo is introduced and everyone looks over at him, he looks up suddenly with a guilty look on his face and slowly pulls away his one massive finger that was touching Hours' gear. Oh well caught in the act. Hope he doesn't get offended easily. The ogre looks over to Hours and gives a shrug of his shoulders and a toothy grin. "Kilo sorry...not sorry"
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Current Song: Have You Ever Seen the Rrain - CCR

OOC: The logic behind some of what happened here is that it was a critical failure followed by a second failure. This is generally the kind of mechanic that I apply by using a person's JIC roll as an attempt to recover/minimize the damage. In this particular case Jason rolled a 100, followed by a 90. So a crit fail multiplied by a regular fail.

In the distance the storm continues to build. Rufus finds the fur on the back of his neck beginning to stand up. On top of that the first drops of actual rain can be seen to be falling about the museum. It's getting closer by the minute.

Jason begins to back the M113 towards the entrance of the museum.

He's not quite sure where he loses it. It's probably not the vehicle's fault. Maybe he's distracted by the remains of Sifnos or what a cluster f--k this mission has ended up becoming. But he zones out and he finds that he's ham fisted the controls. It's the roar of the engine that brings him out of it.

He realizes that he is going way too fast and tries to get on the track brakes, but he ends up slamming down only one.

The APC crashes into the wall of the museum with a tremendous bang and an explosion of mortar and dust. Worse, because in his fit to try and get the vehicle stopped he only engaged a single brake the vehicle slews wildly and spins 60 degrees to the right, the front quarter bashing into a support beam.

There is a moment or two of complete silence and then with a creaking, heaving groan a full quarter of the outside of the building begins to collapse and buries the vehicle.

The engine is still running but Jason can't seem to get traction. There's so much dust in the air that he can't see anything and nobody can see the vehicle either.

There are three important facts of this:

1) The museum is now in shambles. The 'inside' doesn't seem to have been damaged but the dust makes it hard to tell.
2) The roof has partially collapsed.
3) The M113 is now wedged in the debris and is mostly obscured from view. Jason thinks it's just dust around him but the vehicle is mostly buried. He can get out (or be rescued through) the back hatch but something will have to be done to retrieve the vehicle.

The noise is incredible. Both the roar of the revved-too-high engine, the slam and then the collapse.

The only mercy at the moment?

The Grigleapers are oddly peaceful. It's as though these creatures, simple evil bugs or not, know better than to be caught outside in the coming storm. Currently nobody can see anything coming, or sense anything moving. Even fifteen to thirty seconds after the crash. This sort of thing /should/ have them coming in droves.

That they can see of course. The group is inside of the museum at the moment.

Deeper into the museum seems stable at first glance and there are stairs leading underground, but.....

Who knows?

The robot hovers in place and behaves itself for the moment. That's good. Right?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?


OOC Notes:
+50 XP to anyone who posts before Friday, October 14th.
+250 XP to everyone if the entire group posts before Sunday, October 16th.
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 91
JIC2: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 86
I.S.P: 116 / 116
Motorcycles & Snowmobiles 1d100 = 22 / 70%


Bellone looks Rufus in the eyes and gives him a nod. "Who doesn't love ice cream? As for the robots, well as long as we're same team I can go along." Joining them undercover Bellone looks at each member of the Templars in turn. "Nice to meet you all, name's Bellone or Bell if you want." Bellone gives Rufus a long look and lets out a sigh. This is not a happy story, but I must tell it.

"I joined a group of scientists and escorts on an expedition out here. We numbered about twenty and traveled in a Behemoth. When we found an ancient museum the eggheads went nuts and began collecting a lot of information. Somewhere in the first couple of days they copied information onto an old hard drive they called it. After that everything started turning into a shit storm and then to make matters worse a real storm hit. The first fight was nothing overly difficult to handle, but the second cost our group everyone but me. After they died they came back to life trying to kill the rest of us, as the few remaining eggheads and I made our way away from the city we came across the daughter of two of them. She fell out a window being chased by one of these demons. I attempted to save her, by distracting the ugly but she was gone. The worst part was I told the eggheads to grab her and get away and that is how I lost them." As she hangs her head in shame she utters in a demoralized tone "I barely escaped myself. Found an abandoned camp collected what I found and the storm started again. Tried to rest there for the night, but the storm had other plans and flung me over here. When I heard the weapons noise I decided to take a chance and came this way. With the predators that are in this area too much noise and we'll have another fight."

Bellone admonished herself in that moment. Get your head up and look around, just because you found a group to travel with for the moment doesn't mean you're safe. When Rufus asks about the library she responds, "I can't recall off the top of my head. Give me a moment and I will try and remember if I overheard or saw anything related."
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 8
The Architect wrote:here are three important facts of this:

1) The museum is now in shambles. The 'inside' doesn't seem to have been damaged but the dust makes it hard to tell.
2) The roof has partially collapsed.
3) The M113 is now wedged in the debris and is mostly obscured from view. Jason thinks it's just dust around him but the vehicle is mostly buried. He can get out (or be rescued through) the back hatch but something will have to be done to retrieve the vehicle.

The noise is incredible. Both the roar of the revved-too-high engine, the slam and then the collapse.


FUCK!!! Jason powers down the APC as soon as he realizes what happened. He checks in on the radio, Is everyone ok after that? Stay clear of the APC until everything settles and we can see the situation. Inside the APC, Jason starts running checks to see what kind of damage was done. He checks all the status gauges and opens the hatch to the engine compartment to see if there is any obvious damage to the engine or drivetrain. Once he is done there, he checks to gauges again, to see if there is any indication of fluid loss.

By that time, the dust has hopefully settled enough to see the state of the APC and building.

((Pilot: Tanks & APCs--95% / 1d100 = 29% )) Checking vehicle status
((General Repair & Maintenance—52% / 1d100 = 15% ))Checking the engine and drive train for damage
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 36

Hours turns from looking over the new arrival, to the sudden incredible noise. Both the roar of the revved-too-high engine, the slam and then the collapse; Hours stands there dumb struck. "What in the hell just happened there?" he asks himself. Then his mind focuses on the dust rolling over him, "Not again!" he shouts. If he was going to say anything else it's lost in a fit of coughing. Covering his mouth and nose as best he can, the cowboy retreats back into the museum to avoid any more damage and, more importantly, to breath. "I don't even want to think what's going to be attracted by all that noise. Of course, over the storm it may not have been noticed." the thought enters his mind once he can't taste building dust with every intake of air.

After a few minutes of uncertainty, as to their leaders condition he hears in his ear,
Jason Long wrote: Is everyone ok after that? Stay clear of the APC until everything settles and we can see the situation.

Half smiling, the psi-slinger keys his radio, "Good to hear your voice after all that Jason. I think we're all alright out here, but then I can't see a damn thing with all the dust. I don't mind saying, you screwed the pooch on that one." After rubbing his eyes for a moment he continues, "We'll see about digging you out once we know what we're dealing with."

As the dust begins to settle, Hours walks back toward the rubble, looking for teammates and checking on their condition. When he reaches the now buried APC, a low whistle escapes his lips. He keys his radio, "Kilo, would you mind coming up here. I think we have a job for you."
Last edited by Hours Williams on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 91
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 75

Conditions:
  • PPE: 94/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge (inside)
  • Breathe Without Air: 39 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 39 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 40 melees remaining
  • Magic Net evaporates this melee
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 7 melees remaining

Bellone wrote:"I joined a group of scientists and escorts on an expedition out here. We numbered about twenty and traveled in a Behemoth. When we found an ancient museum the eggheads went nuts and began collecting a lot of information. Somewhere in the first couple of days they copied information onto an old hard drive they called it. After that everything started turning into a shit storm and then to make matters worse a real storm hit. The first fight was nothing overly difficult to handle, but the second cost our group everyone but me. After they died they came back to life trying to kill the rest of us, as the few remaining eggheads and I made our way away from the city we came across the daughter of two of them. She fell out a window being chased by one of these demons. I attempted to save her, by distracting the ugly but she was gone. The worst part was I told the eggheads to grab her and get away and that is how I lost them." As she hangs her head in shame she utters in a demoralized tone "I barely escaped myself. Found an abandoned camp collected what I found and the storm started again. Tried to rest there for the night, but the storm had other plans and flung me over here. When I heard the weapons noise I decided to take a chance and came this way. With the predators that are in this area too much noise and we'll have another fight."

When Rufus asks about the library she responds, "I can't recall off the top of my head. Give me a moment and I will try and remember if I overheard or saw anything related."


"Well, Bell, since you have less than six legs that's good enough for me at the moment..." Rufus laughs. "Welcome to our little ice cream social!"

He nods sympathetically during her mission recap. "My commiserations. We've had our little run-in with the natives as well. I've heard Denver called 'The Crawling City' and with all the Grigleapers we've seen I'm beginning to see why. In fact we've just lost Hours' horse and our team mechanic to those prekršek pošasti..." he spits angrily before pointing to the storm clouds above. "Lucky for us they don't like ley line storms, so we should be relatively safe until it passes by."

Almost immediately after he utters the word 'safe' -- and almost as if in response to his daring to use the word -- all hell breaks loose with the APC. "Forget that last part, Bell -- DUCK AND COVER!!!!" He dives out of the way and behind a sturdy-looking piece of debris as Jason seems intent on renovating the museum to an 'open floorplan concept.'

Hours Williams wrote:Then his mind focuses on the dust rolling over him, "Not again!" he shouts.


"Yep, it's like Nakamura's all over again..." Rufus grumbles as he peers out from behind his cover. "I'm not cleaning up the mess this time though."

Jason Long wrote: "Is everyone ok after that? Stay clear of the APC until everything settles and we can see the situation."


Rufus keys his comlink. "I was about to ask you that very same question, prijatelj. If it's any consolation looks like you're well-protected from the storm now."

SKILL: Radio: Basic | Target: 67% | Roll: 1d100 = 10 | Oh yeah, big-time PASS

Hours Williams wrote:"Good to hear your voice after all that Jason. I think we're all alright out here, but then I can't see a damn thing with all the dust. I don't mind saying, you screwed the pooch on that one." After rubbing his eyes for a moment he continues, "We'll see about digging you out once we know what we're dealing with."


Rufus throws him a glance. "He's not my type," he adds with a smirk. Turning his attention back to the APC he scratches himself behind the ears as he looks over the mound of debris covering it. "Well, if our resident powerhouse can't dig it out or pull it out, it's destined to remain here..." which is rather bad considering we'd be without our main vehicle, he frowns. Vas preklinjajo za pozabo, Sifnos, why did you have to let yourself get killed? "Anybody here with some engineering sense? Is this something we can simply dig him out from underneath? Or should we try to brace what's left of the roof with something before we try it?"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 12
JIC2: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 58
I.S.P: 116 / 116

Bellone listens to what Rufus has to say and feels a bit of relief. "Thanks it will be good to have others to travel with." Just then Rufus calls out for everyone to move and she follows him.

Suddenly Bellone exclaims, "Denver! I was in Milwaukee last night, damn storms."
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 pm

OOC: I know Kilo is missing. He got ahold of me privately and is under the weather. He is excused and will not be receiving a warning. Please note that when you leave me in charge of your character this is the kind of thing that might happen. ;)
GM's note: Anyone who replies before Sat, Oct 22nd gets 100 extra XP. If the group responds before Sunday, 250 extra for all.



As the storm gathers
Some run from the clouds in fear
Some prepare for rain.

-Unknown

The swirling dust around the building makes it look as though a bomb was dropped on it. It's almost at the same time that the floodgates of the sky open. A few drops here and there had been felt before but no, this is a pounding and driving rain that soaks anyone not wearing environmental armor to the hide inside of a few seconds. It leaks into the large room of the museum through the new gaps and cracks in the roof and soon the dust is under control though everything becomes rain slick.

The APC is buried good. It will take some time to free it, even for Kilo. The mighty titan juicer is strong but even he would have trouble with a 27,000 pound APC. Speaking of Kilo, where is he? Possibly inspired by the sounds of the rain, he's standing against the far wall of the inside of the museum with his armor open letting go a giant titan ogre sized pee. He'd already been doing it when the M113 crashed and given just how tall Kilo is, that's a lot of litres and it takes awhile for the lizard to drain out. It's one of the problems that come with being a titan and everyone knows you can't just /STOP/ once you start, so he works on that while everyone else mills around. In fact, he's so absorbed in what he's doing (trying to hit a rat scuttling across the wall) that he forgets what he was doing completely and doesn't get on the radio back to Hours. Stupid rat, it stays just ahead of him. Feels like he's going to run out before he gets it.

As far as Jason is able to tell he hasn't done any real damage. He won't be sure until he gets it in gear and moving but nothing /seems/ to be broken. The operative word being seems. It's clear by the blockage of the forward windows and the firing ports he isn't getting out any way but the rear door but fortunately this opens and lets him rejoin the group in the pounding rain if he wishes.

Hours and Rufus are indeed painfully aware of how badly this resembles their attack on a Chinese restaurant but for the moment, everything seems all right.

The storm's epicenter is getting incredibly close though, and if the party isn't to be caught in the open they have two choices:

1) Seek out nearby buildings.
2) Go into the underground section of the museum that had previously been blocked. Opening the hangar that the robot had been stored in presented another means of accessing it.

There is probably not any reasonable time to free the APC before the worst of it hits, but taking cover in the APC could be an option as well.

The dead city is silent except for the sound of the rain and the booming of the thunder.

Hours, Rufus, and Bellone all stare at the imprisoned APC. Jason is checking it out or emerging from the rear doors. Kilo still hasn't hit that thrice damned rat.

That leaves Marcus.

Marcus has been standing more or less open mouthed and quiet for the last while. He too must be thinking of Nakamura's.
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:18 am

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 70

Jason buttons up his armor and takes a quick look at the APC from the outside. Seeing that it is stuck, but safe. He gathers his gear from the inside, takes the keys, closes the hatch and joins the others. He introduces himself to Bellone, "Sorry about the mess, I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Do you know anything about Denver? We are trying to make it to the library to recover a missing person."

Jason pauses for a moment, listening to the thunder when a thought occurs to him. He turns quickly to Rufus. "How long to these storms last? The grig leapers seemed to be dormant while its going on. We can take this opportunity to use the tunnel to get past them and the storm to the center of town. If the storm will last a while. What do you think?"

Jason walks over to Carny and tries some of the ice cream, if its ready. If it is, Jason thanks the robot and returns to the others.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 41

The cowboy in his riding armor stands there as the rain pelts down. "And this is why I wear a wide brimmed hat." he thinks to himself. Still looking over the pile of rubble and machine, he expects something to come over it and into the building to escape the weather. When the APC opens up to reveal Jason looking unscathed, he relaxes slightly.

Jason Long wrote:Jason buttons up his armor and takes a quick look at the APC from the outside...He gathers his gear from the inside, takes the keys, closes the hatch and joins the others. He introduces himself to Bellone, "Sorry about the mess, I'm Jason Long, leader of the Templar. Do you know anything about Denver? We are trying to make it to the library to recover a missing person."


Hours sees Marcus still staring at the seen, he calls over. "Hey Doc, I know, I know. Shows over, move along please." He then walks over to where Jason is heading and shakes his head and smiles, "Well, you got to hand it to him, it takes balls to come out of all that; admit your the leader of the group and act like nothings happened." he thinks to himself. He then looks at the new comer, "Please ta meet ya ma'am." he says and tips the brim of his hat, which causes a small amount of rain to run off onto his glove and arm.

Jason Long wrote:He turns quickly to Rufus. "How long to these storms last? The grigleapers seemed to be dormant while its going on. We can take this opportunity to use the tunnel to get past them and the storm to the center of town. If the storm will last a while. What do you think?"


The psi-slinger physically blanches at the thought of going into the tight, confining, airless dark of the tunnels. "Oh no, not talk of that again." he thinks then out loud he says, "Or not, maybe there's a way to get there above ground and thought inter-connected buildings." looking around hopeful.

When Jason walks off, he suddenly looks around and then asks Rufus and Marcus "Where the hell is Blast Thickneck anyway?
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:14 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 71
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 24

Conditions:
  • PPE: 94/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Breathe Without Air: 38 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 38 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 39 melees remaining
  • No more Magic Net on Carny the Homicidal Ice Cream Bot
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 6 melees remaining

The Architect wrote:The swirling dust around the building makes it look as though a bomb was dropped on it. It's almost at the same time that the floodgates of the sky open. A few drops here and there had been felt before but no, this is a pounding and driving rain that soaks anyone not wearing environmental armor to the hide inside of a few seconds. It leaks into the large room of the museum through the new gaps and cracks in the roof and soon the dust is under control though everything becomes rain slick.

The APC is buried good. It will take some time to free it, even for Kilo.

The storm's epicenter is getting incredibly close though, and if the party isn't to be caught in the open they have two choices:

1) Seek out nearby buildings.
2) Go into the underground section of the museum that had previously been blocked. Opening the hangar that the robot had been stored in presented another means of accessing it.

There is probably not any reasonable time to free the APC before the worst of it hits, but taking cover in the APC could be an option as well.

The dead city is silent except for the sound of the rain and the booming of the thunder.


Rufus is more than a little relieved to see Jason emerge from the crashed APC. We've already lost a squid and a horse too many, he says to himself. Don't want to lose any humans to boot. "So that tin can on tracks is tougher than it looks," he mutters. "We should definitely keep it around -- IF we can dig it out of there, that is."

Bellone wrote:"Denver! I was in Milwaukee last night, damn storms."


Rufus gives Bellone a quizzical expression. "Really? I've heard of ley line storms transporting people before, but never over that far a distance..." he lets out a low whistle. "Either that's one monster of a line to reach that far or it sent you through a rift -- and it too, apparently. You're lucky you wound up on the same continent if that's the case."

Jason Long wrote:Jason pauses for a moment, listening to the thunder when a thought occurs to him. He turns quickly to Rufus. "How long to these storms last? The grig leapers seemed to be dormant while its going on. We can take this opportunity to use the tunnel to get past them and the storm to the center of town. If the storm will last a while. What do you think?"

Hours Williams wrote:"Or not, maybe there's a way to get there above ground and thought inter-connected buildings." looking around hopeful.


Rufus shakes his head. "Hard to say. Normally a ley line storm will last between half an hour and three hours long, if nothing affects it. Even longer if you're at a nexus point. This doesn't feel like a regular one though; I couldn't even sense a line before I saw the storm coming. There seems to be some sort of interference, like the line's far underground or there's something... nenaravno -- unnatural -- about it." He shrugs.

"Regardless, boss, I think Hours has a point. Going underground may not be the answer," he looks at the tunnel entrance. "Remember, the Grigs that jumped us were coming out of the nearby tunnel... and any that are hiding out down there may not feel the urge to take cover like the ones up here. Not to mention the fact that we still don't really know where we're going and even if the tunnel could take us there. That's even assuming the rain doesn't come down in there and flood us out." He looks off to the area where the ice cream bot was housed. Housed, more like imprisoned... he snorts. And with good reason, apparently. Maybe Nemo's soldier died trying to put that bot back in its room. He looks back to Jason and points. "Didn't our killer bot friend say there was a library down that way? 'Hallway C,' wasn't it? How about we try going down that way instead? We'll need to stay near the APC anyway if we're going to try and dig it out after this storm blows over."

Hours Williams wrote:When Jason walks off, he suddenly looks around and then asks Rufus and Marcus "Where the hell is Blast Thickneck anyway?


Rufus' ears rotate around and he takes a few sniffs of the air before making a quasi-disgusted face. "Over there, making it rain indoors." He gestures in Kilo's direction. "Dunno which rain would feel worse -- and don't really want to find out."

The mage will continue to advocate for exploring the area behind where Carny was kept, and will lead the way if Jason agrees. If the group winds up going underground he'll sigh and look like he just smelled something unpleasant (hope that was all Kilo was doing) and follow along. Either way he'll direct the Globes of Daylight to follow the group and light their way.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 86 1d20 = 3

Fucking rat. Kilo is totally engrossed in his new little game and loses focus a little on everything as he tried to arc far enough to soak the rat. WIth a final push he's able to graze the rodent. "Hit!!! HAHA!! Go back hole with that.!!!!" Kilo closes up and looks around at the group and adds, "What? Kilo bored."

Taking in the full situation the ogre turns to Jason, "What to do boss? Kilo dig?"

Kilo will attack whatever job Jason has for him immediately, at least its something to do. Damn waiting around.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 18
JIC2: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 94
I.S.P: 116 / 116

Bellone looks at Jason as he emerges and introduces himself. After he asks about familiarity with the city she can only respond, "I do not." Looking around she nods in agreement when Rufus mentions his understanding of what could have happened. "Honestly I thought, I had only traveled a couple hundred miles. You are right however I am glad to still be on Earth." Bell gives a return nod to Horus and responds, "A pleasure to meet you."

As the others talk over their options Bellone has to agree with Rufus at the moment. "He has a point. We should follow down C Hall and stay close if you want to get this APC out of here." This is certianly an odd mixture of individuals, but they seem like they've done things like this for awhile now.
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:07 pm

The ice cream that Jason takes is surprisingly delicious. In fact, it actually tastes like real ice cream. He's had the real thing back in the dimension and place that he's from which is more than some of the others who are present can say. Real, honest to god American ice cream. The taste sends his mind drifting almost, whimsically to another era and another time. It's just that good. It's a little morale boost to be sure. Carny knows his stuff.

Carny: "300 ml of supply depleted. Please refill within 24 hours. Have a nice, non-bloody day." The robot announces cheerfully and chipper to the people around it.

Marcus seems to be out of it still, peering at the APC like it's the damnest thing he's ever seen. He'd be still standing in the rain if it wasn't for Hours poking him. Maybe the storm is affecting him oddly given all of the strange powers he's shown off over the years? It's almost like his head is foggy and he hadn't considered moving out of the rain until the hat clad man pokes him and he obediently moves where he suggested that he go.

Kilo's rat squeaks and squelches down a hole to an unknown place; probably somewhere deep in the underground of the complex.

With the rainwater pouring down and getting the dust under control they can see that yes, there is a way in. The hallway that had led from this atrium area into the underground portion of the museum had collapsed, but the storage room for Carny was now open and one of those walls was cracked open and emptied into the original hallway on the other side of the blockage.

Of course, are lots of other places to take cover. Other buildings, debris, that kind of thing if the group didn't want to go underground. At least this underground area is shielded from the rain.

Rufus is probably right. The more he thinks about the idea of an underground ley line, the more he feels like he's probably on to something. It feels distant, but at the same time, that storm is /right/ on top of them.

The ancient rusted hulk of a car that explodes nearby in a flash as it's struck by blue lightning is emphasis of that.

All around, splattering sounds are heard as it begins to rain bright green fish.

OOC: Expect a more quality post next week, guys. I'm getting used to a new medication and it's affecting me in a weird way. I have all of the energy in the world but I'm having trouble concentrating on writing. It's like reverse Ritalin.

XP Bonuses: Anyone who posts by Sunday, Oct 30th gets +100 XP.
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:19 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 70


The Architect wrote:Carny: "300 ml of supply depleted. Please refill within 24 hours. Have a nice, non-bloody day." The robot announces cheerfully and chipper to the people around it.


"Thank you Carny."

Jason listens to the others about where to go. Damn, I don't have enough info about what we are facing.

"Ok, will someone please tell me what this storm is and what the dangers are? Rufus, you called it a ley line storm. How is that different from a regular storm. How long do they normally last? The storm appears to have caused the grigleapers to become dormant. We need to use this opportunity to get to the library and back. We don't have a lot of time before the first return window. Also, to be clear, I want to have the robot return with us to MercTown. We can help each other. The robot needs supplies and customers. We can supply both. The robot can also help around the farm and supply finished foodstuffs.

Jason looks around at the others, "I hear you, you don't want to go underground. Find us some options then.Everyone keep an eye out for maps. In my world, museums and notable public buildings had maps for tourists that showed where the important structures were.

Bellone wrote:As the others talk over their options Bellone has to agree with Rufus at the moment. "He has a point. We should follow down C Hall and stay close if you want to get this APC out of here."


"Good idea, Hours, you're are best scout. Would you start reconning that direction, see if you can find a way through the buildings toward city center?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 7

Jason Long wrote:"Ok, will someone please tell me what this storm is and what the dangers are? Rufus, you called it a ley line storm. How is that different from a regular storm. How long do they normally last? The storm appears to have caused the grigleapers to become dormant. We need to use this opportunity to get to the library and back. We don't have a lot of time before the first return window. Also, to be clear, I want to have the robot return with us to MercTown. We can help each other. The robot needs supplies and customers. We can supply both. The robot can also help around the farm and supply finished foodstuffs.


Hours rolls his eyes at Jasons' insistence on talking the bot back home. "If WE make it home at all, let alone on time." he grumbles to himself. He goes over and gathers his belongs up as best he can, slinging them onto his back. Then he hears,

Jason Long wrote:"Good idea, Hours, you're are best scout. Would you start reconning that direction, see if you can find a way through the buildings toward city center?"


A smile spreads across the cowboys face. "Good, we're moving again.", he thinks. "Alright, I'm on it." As he heads towards Hallway 'C' he adds, "With luck I'll find something to replace my lost rifle."

He keeps is hands free, putting on his Multi-Optics Band if there is no illumination in the hallway. He tries to recall what he knows about things that lurk in the dark. He will also keep his eyes peeled for any surviving posters, signs and/or maps that may help them get where they are going.

Prowl 50% : 1d100 = 24
Literacy: America 50% : 1d100 = 41
Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% : 1d100 = 65
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 5
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 29

Conditions:
  • PPE: 94/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Breathe Without Air: 37 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 37 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 38 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 5 melees remaining

Jason Long wrote:"Ok, will someone please tell me what this storm is and what the dangers are? Rufus, you called it a ley line storm. How is that different from a regular storm. How long do they normally last? The storm appears to have caused the grigleapers to become dormant. We need to use this opportunity to get to the library and back. We don't have a lot of time before the first return window. Also, to be clear, I want to have the robot return with us to MercTown. We can help each other. The robot needs supplies and customers. We can supply both. The robot can also help around the farm and supply finished foodstuffs."


Rufus gives Jason a raised eyebrow. Were you even listening to me a moment ago? He shakes his head slightly. Humans. Guess I shouldn't be surprised though, with the way they got short-fanged when the gods were handing out ear designs. He gives his own a confirming flick. "Okay, so you know how ley lines are basically rivers of concentrated magic energy, right? Well take your standard old-fashioned, run-of-the-mill thunderstorm and fuel it with that kind of magic energy instead of atmospheric turbulence. Supercharge it so it's stronger and meaner than any of the regular type that you've ever seen. Now run it down that ley line at speed like it was one of those 'locomotive' trains on rails they show in vids about 'cow-boys.' That, boss, is a 'ley line storm' in a nutshell. It's to regular storms like what Kilo is to regular ogres."

He shrugs again. "Like I said, there's something not quite right with this line. My sense of it is muffled, cloudy, like it's buried underground. Normally I'd say this could last anywhere between 30 minutes and 3 hours. That's a mighty big window but until 30 minutes are up I'd say we're as safe as can be exptected."

When he mentions wanting to bring the robot back home with them he motions Jason in closer so he doesn't have to talk too loud. "Look, boss, I like the idea but if we're going to be responsible for bringing it back around people we're going to need to make sure it doesn't try to filet others the way it tried to with us. Did you find anything in that computer station about wiping its memory and bringing it down to a less... psychotic... state?"

Jason Long wrote:"Good idea, Hours, you're are best scout. Would you start reconning that direction, see if you can find a way through the buildings toward city center?"

Hours Williams wrote:A smile spreads across the cowboys face. "Good, we're moving again.", he thinks. "Alright, I'm on it." As he heads towards Hallway 'C' he adds, "With luck I'll find something to replace my lost rifle."


"I'll come with you," Rufus adds. "Best not to have anyone off on their own. Plus I can help with the lighting." He follows along behind Hours and brings one of the globes of daylight trailing behind him -- close enough so that it's not totally dark but not so close that it immediately reveals their presence. Never know what all else might be calling this place 'home.'

Ability: recognize common/known smells | Target: 64% | 1d100 = 12 PASS
Ability: recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away | Target: 38% | 1d100 = 3 PASS
Skill: Prowl | Target: 47% | 1d100 = 35 PASS
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 14
JIC2: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 35
I.S.P: 116 / 116

Bellone looks at the group she's just been lucky enough to join in with. These boys really are something else. I could probably yell squirrel and they'd all lose focus. Well everyone needed a purpose and maybe this was hers. "Ok boys I'll stay back a bit and watch your backs in case you need to come back this way in a hurry." Bellone keeps back about 50 yards and looks for a place to take cover while the others scout ahead.
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 53

Kilo mills around making himself as busy as he can. When the talk of going underground comes up he blurts out, "Kilo say underground! Kilo want move not talk about when move. We all move now. Underground!"

If he gets a chance before the group moves out, Kilo will do his best to get a door open and get a peak inside to make sure all of his grigleapers bodies and heads are still there. As he makes his way back out of the APC he notices the goo that seems to be all over the inside of the vehicle. "Oh, poor Fishy." The ogre quickly runs his finger through the goo and pops it in his mouth. Oh god, that's good Fishy. Much better than grigleaper. Kilo will take a quick glance around and if no one seems to be looking at him he will take a couple more swipes before moving out of the APC.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Image

After some consensus and discussion the party abandons the M113 for now and heads through the area that has been opened up by Carny's arrival.

Helpfully, the robot doesn't seem inclined to follow. It just hovers near the still-stuck APC and is washed clean of the dust of the ages by the down pouring rain.

With Hours in the lead the Templar make their way into the bowels of the museum.

It's pitch black. Those with any kind of multi optic or infrared vision will be able to see but everyone else is going to have to blunder around in the dark because not fifty feet down the broad hallway the flimsy light from outside where Carny is will no longer reach. Hours and Rufus steadily lead the way, picking their way over ancient scrap and detritus. Rufus smells only the scent of dust and long decayed flesh from a series of skeletons. No weapons to be found of course, they must have been civilians trapped there and left to die when the end came. Or maybe they took refuge there awaiting rescue that never came.

Who knows.

Only their bones remain to tell their stories.

Not far from there are more remains, people in military uniforms. Nothing to be found on them either.

It's Hours in the head that finds the sign.

He also realizes something very important. The Templar are now underground. The museum must extend for a considerable distance below the surface. It's certainly bigger than it was above ground, this hallway alone is the length of main pavilion off which they found Carny.

The sign quite simply says:

------> Level 1: CAFETERIA ----------->
<------ Level 1: MINING EXHIBIT <------
------- Level 0: AI & COMPUTING EXHIBIT
------- Level 0: POLICE & MILITARY EXHIBIT
------- Level -1: TRANSPORTATION EXHIBIT
------- Level -1: GIFT SHOP
------- Level -2: TUNNEL TO SUBWAY------


Bellone brings up the rear, who has to wait for Kilo who has a meal of raw calamari. Sifnos is rubbery to the taste. (Note: Further actions along this line may result in an alignment change) Nobody actually sees what Kilo did at the moment, but on the return to the APC his big fingerprints are easily visible in the glop if someone cares to look.

Jason has a funny feeling.

This place is huge. They could easily get lost in there.

An intact museum is a wonderful thing. There must be things in here worth an amazing amount and it feels like nobody has walked these halls since the time of the apocalypse.

But he has the feeling based on past experience the Templar will not be so lucky. Rufus has briefed him on the storm and it did seem to be moving fast, and once it moves on the Grigleapers will be awake again. If they start with the closest places they might have time to cover a couple before they 'should' move on, but the farther away places will take longer to get to and find. Hmm. What to do?

Templar, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?



GM Notes:
Anyone who posts within 24 hours will get 150 extra XP.
Anyone who posts within 48 hours will get 100 extra XP.
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:47 am

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 22

The Architect wrote:The sign quite simply says:

------> Level 1: CAFETERIA ----------->
<------ Level 1: MINING EXHIBIT <------
------- Level 0: AI & COMPUTING EXHIBIT
------- Level 0: POLICE & MILITARY EXHIBIT
------- Level -1: TRANSPORTATION EXHIBIT
------- Level -1: GIFT SHOP
------- Level -2: TUNNEL TO SUBWAY------



"Ok people, we've got some decisions to make. As much as I would love to loot the exhibits, we are short on minutes. The gift shop should have tourist maps which would show us how to get to the library. Bellone, in case none of the others told you, the Templar's mission in Denver is to rescue a blue skinned person from the library and get him back to MercTown. Rufus, can you give me a time frame for the storm based off of your experiences. It seemed to be passing quickly. What would you say is the minimum time we can count on it lasting. My thoughts are to use half that time to explore and loot. Then we get out of here. Now that we know where this place is, we can try to return later on a salvage mission. " Jason's eyes move to the sign for the various exhibits.

"Personally, my thoughts on priorities are: First, the Gift shop for maps and information, and second, AI and Computing Exhibit for possible information on reprogramming our metal friend upstairs. There was information on the terminal that periodic memory wipes keep it from developing homicidal tendencies. If Rufus says we have time, then we can check the other exhibits for weapons, armor, vehicles, etc."

Jason thinks to himself that the cafeteria may have large quantities of canned food to feed to Carny. Ask of me anything but time...

"What do you think?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:31 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 72

The Architect wrote:It's Hours in the head that finds the sign.
He also realizes something very important. The Templar are now underground.


A cold sweat breaks out on Hours at this realization. Uncontrollably his eyes widen a little, he starts to breath a little faster and he starts thinking of going back the way they just came. "Get ahold of yourself old son, now is not the time to panic. It's not that bad this time and your not alone." he says to himself. Forcing himself to stay calm or as calm as he can, he realizes the rest of the team has caught up with him a Rufus.

Jason Long wrote:"Ok people, we've got some decisions to make. As much as I would love to loot the exhibits, we are short on minutes. The gift shop should have tourist maps which would show us how to get to the library. Bellone, in case none of the others told you, the Templar's mission in Denver is to rescue a blue skinned person from the library and get him back to MercTown. Rufus, can you give me a time frame for the storm based off of your experiences. It seemed to be passing quickly. What would you say is the minimum time we can count on it lasting. My thoughts are to use half that time to explore and loot. Then we get out of here. Now that we know where this place is, we can try to return later on a salvage mission. " Jason's eyes move to the sign for the various exhibits.

"Personally, my thoughts on priorities are: First, the Gift shop for maps and information, and second, AI and Computing Exhibit for possible information on reprogramming our metal friend upstairs. There was information on the terminal that periodic memory wipes keep it from developing homicidal tendencies. If Rufus says we have time, then we can check the other exhibits for weapons, armor, vehicles, etc."

"What do you think?"


Hours eyes the sign again and quickly sees the Gift Shop is one level below them. "I like your idea of checking out the gift shop, if any place may still have maps and info it's there, then check out the police and military exhibit, but I think one of us should stay here and guard our rear. I'll do that." He tries to put a calm smile on his face, but isn't sure he's succeeding.

He then suddenly adds, "Then we can get the hell out of here."
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 71
'just in case' JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 86

Conditions:
  • PPE: 94/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Breathe Without Air: 36 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 36 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 37 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 4 melees remaining

Jason Long wrote:"Ok people, we've got some decisions to make. As much as I would love to loot the exhibits, we are short on minutes. The gift shop should have tourist maps which would show us how to get to the library. Bellone, in case none of the others told you, the Templar's mission in Denver is to rescue a blue skinned person from the library and get him back to MercTown. Rufus, can you give me a time frame for the storm based off of your experiences. It seemed to be passing quickly. What would you say is the minimum time we can count on it lasting. My thoughts are to use half that time to explore and loot. Then we get out of here. Now that we know where this place is, we can try to return later on a salvage mission. " Jason's eyes move to the sign for the various exhibits.

"Personally, my thoughts on priorities are: First, the Gift shop for maps and information, and second, AI and Computing Exhibit for possible information on reprogramming our metal friend upstairs. There was information on the terminal that periodic memory wipes keep it from developing homicidal tendencies. If Rufus says we have time, then we can check the other exhibits for weapons, armor, vehicles, etc."

"What do you think?"


Rufus rolls his eyes. Oh, for the love of Wulvenar... "The minimum time frame would still be 30 minutes. I've never seen or heard of one lasting less than that. So plan on 30 minutes, with anything more than that being gravy on the steak." He shakes his head. He probably didn't even listen this time either. "I'll take the Gift Shop; if we're lucky we'll find a map and maybe even some of those glass domes with fake snow inside."

He leaves the Globe of Daylight in the middle of the space for the rest of the group to use and gestures. "Lumen Lux lucis." In response a a small sphere of light shimmers into view beside him (not as bright as the other ones, but still bright enough to illuminate the immediate area) as he proceeds to the Gift Shop location. He searches for maps first and foremost, of course, but also for anything else that might look to be useful and/or of value.

((OOC: casting Lantern Light -- 1 PPE))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Bellone » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 7 1d100 = 89
JIC2: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 18
I.S.P: 116 / 116

"Thanks for the brief Jason. I don't suppose any of you have an extra light source?" Bellone agrees to follow to the gift shop and look for a map. Next chance I get I'm investing in something to help me see in the dark. Bellone will does her best to follow and keep her own noise to a minimum.
Bellone
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:18 am

((Rolls held over))

Bellone wrote:"Thanks for the brief Jason. I don't suppose any of you have an extra light source?" Bellone agrees to follow to the gift shop and look for a map. Next chance I get I'm investing in something to help me see in the dark. Bellone will does her best to follow and keep her own noise to a minimum.


"Here," Rufus pulls out the flashlight from his utility belt and tosses it to her. "Don't really know why I carry this, to be honest -- my nightvision is pretty good and I can usually conjure up my own..." he grins as he points upward to his glowing orb of lantern light.

He goes back to searching through the gift shop, hoping to find a replacement map. Note to self -- don't let the shaved apes in charge let the combat junkie ogre carry the group's only map again. EVER again.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 3

The events of the past few hours seem to have overwhelmed the good doctor. Attacked by monsters, insane dairy robots, and nature itself. Most of these things would be par for the coarse or just another day in the Templar save for the loss of their squid like mechanic. Seeing the multi-limb lover of all things tech scattered around inside of the APC seemed to have shaken Marcus more then it seemed at first look. The good doctor checks out of his own mind as the ley-line storm comes in on them. Marcus follows where he is lead sometimes stumbling or bumping into things. Weather this is something to do with the storm, seeing another comrade killed horribly, or one of his panic attacks going really wrong is not clear but the doctor is obviously not in for trip down to the underground.

Once the group is down underground, Marcus stars so come out of his fugue state. Looking around but still way off his game the middle aged man will notice Bellone for seemingly the first time and say, "Well hello there, where did you come from? For that matter what is going on?" Looking about Marcus will see the other members of the Templar consulting a sign and he will only catch bits and pieces of the conversation. Thinking you himself, "Ok Marcus, your not firing on all cylinders, got that. What the hep is going on? Those panic attacks are bad but they haven't ever caused you to space up like this. Maybe my genes are having bad reaction to the Ley-line storm? Great, magic! good luck figuring it out if thats' the cause. Better get my head back in the game before we lose another Templar. Oh damn, Snifnos.". The loss of the multi limbed mechanic hits Marcus again as tries to dial back into the current situation.

For now the good doctor keeps his mouth shut as the other talk over options and will stick to obeying orders until he has his bearings again.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 25
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 38

Finally we get to go underground. We should have done that way sooner. Maybe there will be something to kill.
The Ogre does his best to not cut anyone off when he blurts out, "Kilo do what Boss says. Kilo like to go to level to get things kill with."

Kilo will go wherever Jason tells him to go but will quickly volunteer to go and look for the weapons.

(OOC: Kilo has night vision. Is he able to see without the lights?)
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:23 pm

The first thing the group finds is their eyes are rather harshly accosted by Rufus' light spells. Some how the storm is amplifying them, and Rufus finds he can't regulate just how weak or powerful he makes a given spell. Everything is at 'full power'. And even the globe of daylight seems at least twice as bright as it normally would be. On the upside it at least makes searching the museum much easier once everyone's eyes get a chance to accustom themselves to it (Or at least those of you without polarizing face plates/goggles. The group's exploration of the old Museum turns out to, for the most part, be fairly fruitless. That isn't to say some things of interest weren't found but the place had been stripped of a lot of useful things sometime long in the past, and much of what hadn't been taken had long ago rotted and rusted away into useless junk. As expected the Gift Shop does yield up some maps, though all are in a terrible state of decay, some crumple to dust when touched, others are badly faded or just washed out and even flat out rotted away. It takes some time but eventually the group is able to piece together a half decent map out of the useful pieces they find. It winds up being something like a jigsaw puzzle in the end but at least it's better than nothing.

One thing the Gift Shop seems to have in half decent abundance is a number of various highly polished rocks of all sorts. Nothing of any real value beyond decorative ones however. There's a few fossils, tiny model toys and the like. Most of it though was basically just worthless junk. Useful maybe as a tiny keepsake or the like but of no real monetary value.

Of all the displays that were looted, the military and police displays were the hardest hit by far. Almost everything of use was long gone. However Hours did manage to find one skeleton collapsed over an old satchel, and in it was some sort of old energy pistol. The power cell was long dead though it looked like it could be modified to use current day E-clips without too much trouble. The manufacturer stamp seemed to simply read H&K EP-3, along with the usual markings for the trigger safety, and obvious E-clip ejection button and the slide had what appeared to be an ammunition counter. Meanwhile Jason came across some sort of shotgun that had fallen down and was half hidden in debris, along with what looked like some rather odd shotgun shells. The shotgun itself was stamped ATA-10, and based on the handful of shells that were with it, it looked like a somewhat normal 10 Gauge shotgun.

Over in the mining section of the museum were examples of mining equipment that didn't look too different than what was available on today's markets in the big tech cities such as the CS, Merctown, Lazlo or Free Quebec. Some of the stuff looked like it might have been more advanced however little of it was of any use. Most of the items had only been displays with the controls gutted and replaced with fake ones so visitors could play with them. There were various mockups of mining operations of days gone by, and even a section featuring robotics. Here Kilo found himself a rather massive Pickaxe. For most people it would have been a two handed tool, but for the big Ogre he could easily wield it single handed. Even better was the fact that not only was it made of 'military grade alloys' but claimed to have a Zorg Industries mono etched point. What ever that meant. All Kilo knew (after trying it out) was that it would do a great job of poking holes in things, including modern body armour or robots.

In the AI and Computing exhibit, there were various examples of electronics that would have been considered dated even by today's standards, while there were various devices most of you had never seen before. Again, most of it was junk, some of it had long been stolen, but Marcus manages to spot one particular gem out of everything that was left behind. He only recognized it because of his time with the CS. It was a large, but portable medical kit that featured some advanced diagnostic tools, could be paired up with an RMK, IRMSSes and various other medical tools to form a high end kit that would even allow him to perform field surgery fairly easily. But even better than that? It had an on board computer that could help diagnose what was wrong with a human patient and even detect things that might otherwise be overlooked.

That however was the extent of any notable salvage in the Museum. The storm itself lasted a rather long time, several hours by the end of it. However fortunately the tail end of it was more noise than anything else, and while the storm was still raging, the group decided it was now or never to get the APC dug out before the Grigleapers came out of their hiding spots. Now with a half usable map again, the group was able to find the library, and what was left of their quarry. It seems that whom ever.. and what ever had been Nakamura's friend, was very, very dead. Bug chow to say the least. Not only that but while the group had managed to get the Carnation machine to follow along for now, they wound up having to feed it the last of their rations to keep it 'sated'. All that was left at this point was for the group to wrap things up and head back to the extraction point. That alone was a task that took a long time, but at least with the Grigleapers all keeping to shelter for the time being the trip back passed relatively uneventfully. Though there was one point where the group had to come to a stop as a herd of some sort of multi-legged horse like creatures ran past, though no one was able to tell what they were, much less where they had come from. Certainly some sort of alien species however. It was during this pause that Rufus' keen vision picked up a small glinting metal object. Retrieving it he found it to be a somewhat tarnished but in otherwise excellent condition silver coloured ring.

Once back in Merctown and reporting your finding to Nakamura, the man looked saddened but seemed to accept the news fairly gracefully. He even handed Jason a credit chip with 500,000 credits on it. Bellone for her part went her own way once the group arrived back at Merctown, and Marcus was called off to the hospital for some emergency. That left the rest of the group, and your new psychotic robot, to head back to the farm, take stock of how things were, and decide on what to do next. One thing was clear however, with the loss of Sifnos the group could well use a new mechanic. Another helping hand or two also wouldn't hurt. Fortunately Merctown had just the perfect place to find people like that! The Job Market Cafe. Even if none of the current patrons were the types the Templar were looking for, Fixer Jones would no doubt know someone. Sure enough the Templar get pointed towards a Dwarven Shifter, and some odd poodle man (Dogboy maybe?) who happened to be a skilled operator.

All the group needed to do at this point then, was keep the Carnation vending machine happy and supplied with suitable organic materials, and then decide on where they'd like to meet their two new potential team mates. The farm, or perhaps some restaurant in town?
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:49 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 45

Jason drives the battered APC back to the base, lost in thought. What should have been a simple S&R mission ending in failure. The failure itself was bad enough, losing Sifnos to the grigleapers was quite a blow. Jason has the hatch open and the breeze helps pull the smoke from the interior as he takes a long pull on his cigar. Our luck just HAS to improve. a couple weapons, some gear and a robot is not a fair trade for a talented mechanic.

Jason pulls the M113 in to yard, where it can be washed out. He gathers the surviving Templar together for their pay and a quick word.

"I know most of you just want to head to bed or for a drink, but lets get the gear cleaned up first. I'll deal with cleaning out the APC and gathering Sifnos's remains. At 0800hrs tomorrow, we will give him a proper burial." Jason considers a moment. "I'll have the pay from Nakamura broken down. 100,000 goes in the team fund. Each of us gets 80,000 as our cut. I will contact Northern Gun to see where we are on our contract with them and then Fixer Jones to try and find a new tech. While you are out on your own time, keep an ear out for a tech who may be a good fit. Also, after seeing Nakamura's abilities, someone who can open doorways like that for travel would be a valuable asset. Can anyone think of anything else? "

Once the group breaks up, Jason goes to the people working the farm for an update from them. He introduces them to Carny, shows them where the organic matter tanks are, and how to order ice cream. He asks them to keep Carny supplied until a new operator can come and service him. Jason goes and places calls with the Templar's Northern Gun contact to check on the status of that contract. He also leaves a message for Fixer Jones, letting him know of the Templar's desire for an operator and possibly a shifter. Unable to put it of any longer, Jason's thoughts turn to Sifnos.

Jason gets a hose, cleaning supplies, and something to use as a bodybag. He pauses outside the APC and whispers a brief prayer, then gets to work removing what little remains of Sifnos from the APC. He thoroughly cleans it and checks the APC as best as he can. Jason reverently places the bodybag in Sifnos's room until morning.

So much to do; get contractors out here to start laying out new buildings and the inner wall, repair the fencing, get fields planned and pasture cleared, buy seed and animals, buy ammo, hire new people. Damn, I need a drink. Jason makes a few calls to see who might carry ammunition for an ATA-10 and to find a computer programmer who can handle an AI and can be trusted. He provides no details over the phone.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 71

Recognize Weapon Quality 60% - 1d100 = 59

Hours spends the entire return trip sitting atop the M113 in silence, keeping on eye on their surroundings and only answering questions verbally when a gesture won't do. The lose of his new horse and new rifle are painful, plus the D-bee mechanic only adds insult to injury for this total failure of a mission. To top it all off the guy...thing...whatever it was, was dead before they got to it. "What have I done joining this group. Maybe I should just make my way back to Arzno." he thinks to himself again. He keeps looking at the H&K EP-3, turning it over and over, studying it. "Just what are you." he asks it.

Finally back at the farm, Hours goes though the after mission motions, drops his gear on his bed in the house and then accompanies Jason in talking with the farm hands about the progress they've made. He spends the rest of the day helping out around the farm. "There is a lot to do; gotta get contractors out here to start laying out some new buildings and a defensive wall, repair that fencing, get fields ploughed and planted, buy seed and animals. Get yet another rifle. Think I'll leave the horse for now or maybe look into a robotic one." he absently says to anyone around him, smiling at the last bit.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Jason's calls to NG go unanswered for a good long while, eventually however someone finally returns his call. The news however wasn't perhaps what Jason had hoped. "Unfortunately sir, due to recent developments in North America, Northern Gun is unable to pursue the previously discussed contract due to objections from some of our larger clientele. We regret any inconvenience this may cause for your outfit, so as a gesture of good faith we are willing to offer you compensation in the form of a 50,000 credit line with our local store."

Meanwhile the few people working on the farm for the Templar seem somewhat wary of the robot, though some seem to warm up to it when it turns out that yes, it really does turn out some amazing ice cream. For now the robot seems to be actually be behaving itself, and at the moment there's plenty of suitable organic matter for it to convert and keep it's reservoirs full. It does however appear to have a bit of a bad habit of wandering around on it's own in search of 'children' to serve ice cream to, to the point where it even starts dropping in on neighbouring farms unannounced to offer them ice cream. This nets a few complaints to the Templar about the timing of the robot but nothing too harsh at least.

Finally on the matter of the ammunition for the ATA-10 shotgun, Jason is directed to a number of shops, most of which aren't able to help him very much. Shooter's, GAW, Kraus Imported Arms, Max's Munitions, and finally he catches a break at Devilman Exotic Arms. Turns out that not only is Zo'Wor (the shop owner) able to procure the ammunition for the shotgun, but even offers to sell Jason an operator's manual for the 'low' price of 10,000 credits for the manual, and 200 credits per MDC shell. He also offers to sell Jason a fairly decent variety of standard 10 gauge shotgun shells that will also supposedly work in the shotgun without any issue for standard market rates (Book price on SDC ammo)
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:47 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
J.I.C.: 1d20 = 18|1d100 = 85

Luck had really not decided to shine down upon poor Maximilian the Fourth, or at least that's what he had been telling himself for the past few days. . .

First the storm, now has E.I. vanished off the face of cogent reality! Wesley wasn't at his apartment, Jezebel and the others are nowhere to be found. . . I can't help but wonder if they all fell victim to nefarious ends.

Rather in his cups, Max was somewhat elated when the shop manager over at Northern Gun decided to put him in contact with another group of "mercenaries" in need of an extra wrench -- now, Max was certainly grateful for the steady work NG provided him, but he wasn't going to find home skulking around Merctown with a nine-to-five.

They're probably alright, I mean, it's not like Armageddon Unlimited just waltzed into Merctown and absconded with them. I'm sure bodies would have been discovered. . . or would they?!


Now a tad perturbed at the notion, Max decided it best to gather his possessions and report to this "farm" he was told about. Fetching his essentials, Max headed for his Wolftrack back at the gates.

A bit more comfortable in his rolling-domicile, Max has the luxury of observing the Templar's base of operations. The more humble features stand out to Max more than anything else, simply due to the lack of anything else. Not quite sure what to expect, he parks wherever looks the most likely to get him noticed.

Hopping from the behemoth of a truck, Max's lithe figure looks a bit awkward in comparison. His neon yellow and blue workers smock a glaring beacon in the otherwise drab backdrop of the farm.

Wearing an expression that seems halfway between concern and bedazzlement, it becomes terribly clear that Max has absolutely no idea who he's looking for.
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 am

One thing Max notices upon his arrival is that there are a few people running around that look like simple farmers or hired farm hands. There's not really anything in the way of crops at the moment but it's clear the place is presently being cleaned up after, well.. something happened. Not only that but he can't help but notice that someone, for what ever reason, dug a giant, and rather deep hole right in the middle of a field. What purpose this is supposed to serve is questionable, though there is a small amount of ground water sitting at the muddy bottom. If it was someone's attempt at a man made pond, either it wasn't finished, or they'd done an absolutely terrible job of it as the soil would eventually just fill in again, for the most part. He started to get the feeling that maybe he had the wrong place, that was at least until he spotted a glimpse of a few people moving around closer to the house that looked much more like mercenaries or adventurers than farmers. Beyond that at least one structure, a green house, appeared to be brand new as it barely had any dirt on it and certainly not a scratch, so to speak. Everything about it was too shiny for it to be anything else as it didn't show the slightest sign of weathering.

And then he was 'accosted' by a rather strange looking robot wielding what looked like some sort of giant make shift knife. The robot itself had clearly seen better days, it's exterior was dusty, badly corroded and... was that dried blood?

Image

"Oh! Hello child. Here is your complimentary ice cream! Please enjoy your day."
User avatar
Captain Cook
Game Master
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:24 am
Location: GM: Rifts Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Templar Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest