The Job Market Cafe (30)

Located in the Hub, the JMC is where most small-time outfits find work on the mercenary circuit. Bounties and jobs are posted on electronic bulletin boards for perusal and Fixer Jones & staff keeps the coffee brewing and the meals flowing.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: The Job Market Cafe (30)

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Ernstweavel nearly spit his beer out when the man laughed, half by surprise and the other half by amusement. Finishing the rest of his the beer, Ernstweavel sets the empty glass down on the counter and looks again at the man. "Give me one more kind Sir. I didn't have anything in mind at the moment. Just getting the feel to town for now but I am itching to for some excitement. I'll look into those groups. Thanks for the beer and info."
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
Ernstweavel

Postby Merchant of Death » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 am

"Excitement is what you'll find here." the bartender slides another glass over to the magic user. "We just had a demon horde come to our gates. The CS of all people fought with the mercenaries here to kick them back where they came from." He thinks for a moment, "That PAS, MARS, whatever they call it group. They just came back from another dimension fighting them back to where they came from. I'd try there first, if your looking for Excitement."

OOC Comments
Reminder: Whenever your dealing with a GM/MOD. Always place a Perception Roll, and a JiC d20 and d100 roll. This allows us to provide additional information as needed and guage how NPC's react to your character.
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Perception: (1d20)+1 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 84

With the talk about dimensional travel, Ernstweavel's heart rate rose, palms began to sweat and ears picked up, even before he finished the sentence. Pacing back and forth was the only the he could do to keep from letting out a yelp of excitement. Trying to swallow and crack in his voice, "Oouuu, that sounds right up my alley. I'll most likely give them a try. You see, I just love everything rifts, dimensional travel and everything related. Thanks again for the tip. Do you know where thery normally hang out at?"
Ernstweavel

Postby Merchant of Death » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:20 pm

The bartender scratches his chin, "I know one of them likes to hang out at the Ambassador Suites. But you might find them at their base in the Outskirts, just outside of MercTown. They took over a meat packing warehouse that was infested with Demons from what I understand. I don't know why they would do such a thing, but then again... I run a bar."
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Perception:1d20+1 = 15
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 41

Ernstweavel could hardly keep himself still. Overwhelmed with the possibility of dimensional travel, he quickly finishes his beer. Gives the mad a nod and a quick wave. "Thanks for tip. I'll go and look them up then. Catch you in the future."

>>(The Outskirts)<<
Ernstweavel

Postby Townsend » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Fiona, Cordelia and Analoy enter the Cafe right on the front edge of the lunch rush. The establishment looks like it could seat roughly 200 people and by anyone's best guess there's at least 150-175 in there. The air is thick with the smell of eggs, bacon, coffee, beer, sweat, gun oil, and a million other scents. In a back corner booth sits a paunchy, middle-aged guy sipping on a cup of coffee while at the same time working away on a portable computer.

A waitress (an older lady with silver hair and a skosh too much eye shadow) looks up from behind the counter as they walk it. "Hiya girls, what can I get ya?"
2017 "Epic Heroics" Adventure GM

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby Cordelia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 22
Cordelia is very excited to see the Jobs market. She got up early and went through her wardrobe for an hour and a half trying to decide on an outfit. she settled for her usual tan cargo pants and boots but opted for a very tight white tank top with a screen printed image of pinky the ghost from pacman, her favorite, due to the fact that it is both in her opinion very cute and shows way more of her chest than her mother would approve of. She also brought her camera, notepad, sketch pad, colored markers ,an Erin Tarn book with reference to this area and "Alan Quartermain and King Solomons mines" all in her back pack. She wanted to be ready to make notes and document the whole affair, nothing would escape her examination. But she needed to keep it calm and cool.
If you spaz out you may miss something. Head high. Chest out. Sashay in like you are cool.
"Hello ma'am" to the waitress. "Do you have buttered coffee? With hazelnut?"
Time for business. She scans the area and begins making note even before he sits down. Takes a few pictures of the place inside and out and sits down at a table to do a few sketches. She spots the man on his laptop. Could this be Cliff Jones? She would love to pick his brain for he must have a million good stories. She makes and extra good drawing of the man at work. She just about to sing out loud but stiffles it. Soo exciting!
Cordelia

Postby Fiona » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 74
Conditions: None.

Fiona is more than happy to drive to Fixers', it being a guilty pleasure of hers in the past. When the woman asks what she wants. "Coffee, bacon and eggs, and a moment of Fixers' time when he has a moment." Fiona says to the waitress with a smile. Once she has left Fiona looks to the others. "Fixers' in the know about just about everything mercenary related, so he should have something for us." Fiona says while briefly glancing around the room. "When we're done with all of this Cordelia, I'd like to look under the hood of your vehicle, see what it has going on inside."
Fiona
"On I burn, Fuel is pumping engines, Burning hard, loose and clean, And on I burn, Churning my direction, Quench my thirst with gasoline." ~Fuel by Metallica.

Fi
HP: 25/25, S.D.C.: 22/22, I.S.P.: 138/138, P.P.E.: 7/7
Armor
T-11 Enhanced Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 70/70, Left Arm: 60/60, Right Arm: 60/60, Left Leg: 80/80, Right Leg: 80/80, Main Body: 100/100
Modifiers: -5% to prowl, +6 to P.S., +10 to Spd, +10' to leaps, +10% to climb, reduce rate of fatigue by 50%. Takes 2D4+4 melees to suit-up.
Weapons
NG-35 Heavy Laser Pistol
Payload: 14 shots/14
Vehicle
Road Buster Armored Combat Truck
M.D.C. Main Body – 245
Current Conditions
None.
Fiona

Postby Analoy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Percep: 1d20+6 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 13

After spending the morning sorting through and stocking the grocery order, Analoy is pretty sure Kat has never eaten anything at home and Jez pretty much just drinks her meals. Both things that are not going to fly with me. I like cooking too much, so those women are in for a surprise. I just have to make sure my cooking doesn't effect their waistlines. That is one fight I don't think I would win.

Analoy is grinning to herself when she comes out and joins Fiona and Cordelia for the ride over to the Job Market Café.

Sliding into a seat at a table with a good view of the screen scrolling the little jobs, Analoy gives the waitress a smile, "Chai tea latte and a Denver omelet, please." then she nods as Fiona asks for a meeting with Fixer. When the waitress leaves, Analoy says, "Good call on the meeting with Fixer. That job board is scrolling mainly small stuff that I could pull off on my own. I'm not too sure about what we can handle but with what everyone has described so far, a group like ours should be able to handle a good sized job." She looks around a little at the assorted mercs then looks back to the GIRLS at the table, "That is, unless we want to take the small stuff and work in volume?" She shrugs in question to the others.
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Cordelia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 24
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 2

"I have never really worked a job other than the regular stuff I did to get through school. Soo... I dont want to over step my bounds, but lets do this."
Cordelia is still penciling in the finer details of Fixer's face as he works at his table in the back.
"I would really like to speak with Mr.Jones. I was expecting more from his appearance. From the tales I've heard I thought he would look more intimidating."

She then switches from drawing to the camera. Keep it discreet. Dont alarm any one. There aren't many people in the cafe yet, But she finds them all interesting and tries to catch as much detail of the place as she can for later note.
Cordelia

Postby Analoy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:27 pm

[rolls held]

Analoy smiles across the table to Cordelia and says, "You may want to be careful with the camera. Sure between security cameras and cyber eye cams, surveillance is likely happening all the time, but something so blatant might not go over very well. Then again, you could have people here lining up for a picture and some professional recognition."

Analoy leans back in her chair and gives the camera a wink, "Technically, this is my first paying job. Oh don't get me wrong. I've done field work before, but it was... um, a family business type thing. Money in my pocket of my very own is going to be something new for me to get used to. Maybe I'll be able to save up and buy a magic ring or something that grants me immunity to the cold."

Analoy glances over to Fixer, "Oh, power isn't always measured by appearances. Look at us for instance."
Analoy Landie
Current Details
P.P.E.: 211/211
M.D.C.: 185/185
Perception Bonus: +6
Charm/Impress: 20%
Analoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm

GM Post in Progress
2017 "Epic Heroics" Adventure GM

GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Previous

Return to The Job Market Cafe