Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:05 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Vheld wrote:"However, I suggest that you remain attached to our company. There will undoubtedly be a new mission soon, with its own excitement and rewards." And hopefully less ridiculously horrific than this one. "In addition to the material benefits continuing to work with us would provide, our base of operations is located within a sizable town that includes, among other things, a powerful mages' guild. Should you wish to join and advance your studies of the mystical arts I am confident that such could be arranged." If Minerva overhears, Vheld will add "The same applies to you, minus the guild I suppose."


Vino nods at Vheld. (Language: American 1d100 = 63/52% Fail) [Dragonese/Elven]"In the end, Crimea has little left to offer me, given that the Russians are planning on bombing it. I am curious to see an actual town, the Slavers village is really the only civilization I have ever seen. What is this Mages' Guild you speak of like?" Vino asks with what appears to be actual curiosity.

Echo wrote:Echo looks to Vheld and adds, "I am not sure if our companion here can understand me, but if you'd be so kind Deuce, his powers are impressive; he'd be a valuable ally." Echo adds regarding Vinograd, but unable to express it to Vinograd directly hopes Vheld will.


(Language: American 1d100 = 70/52% Fail) Vino looks to Echo as he speaks, the sniper can see that Vino regards him with something that looks like comprehension, but doesn't seem to be able to respond. Vino smiles toothily. [Dragonese/Elven]"My grasp of your native tongue is tentative at best I believe I shall improve with practice."
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Quick Update

By the means described the Spooks move the Splugorth Raider to a secure location on the Mexican Coast, and then themselves back to Merctown.

They find themselves at the Merctown Magic Guild.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 am

JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 53
PER: 1d20+7 = 12

Minerva wrote:"He is but a box with a head. Where is the rest of him?"
Vheld shrugs. "Don't know, don't care. It's probably best that you not think about it. It doesn't look like the Russians were particularly gentle." Hopefully our business won't take us back to that part of the world any time soon.

Minerva wrote:"A sizable town would be wonderful. I wish for a motorcycle. And more enemies to hurt in their minds."
Vheld replies with a sinister grin of his own. "With this team, neither should be an issue. Both of you" he nods at Vinograd, "should speak with Carl if you wish to officially join up. The terms are relatively straightforward. He may be willing to help you procure a motorcycle as well, though that may have to wait until our next payment." Or not, depending on exactly what Hades wishes to offer the others.

Vheld will take a moment to translate Echo's message to Vino and Minerva. This could get tedious if they both are to remain here. I can only make so many talismans. Perhaps a technological translator would be a better investment at some point. Should the conversation last longer than a single exchange, Vheld will roll his eyes and cast tongues on both of the new recruits. "There. You'll be able to understand each other for a half an hour or so." His eyes will dart back towards Echo at the mention of slaver ships, but the shifter has had just about enough of Crimea and its factions and its creepy terrain, and doesn't need much convincing to get the hell out of there.

Carl wrote:"I like it when someone makes our job easier. I wonder what they did with his body, but the head should satisfy our contract."
"Indeed." Vheld mutters. Once he has drained a couple of his energy spheres to accommodate all of the rifting he'll be doing, Vheld collects Voidveil's remains and unceremoniously dumps them into one of his now-empty knapsacks. That should keep until we return to the Haunt.

Vinograd wrote:"What is this Mages' Guild you speak of like?"
Vheld pauses a moment before replying. "...Profitable. I regularly divert a small percentage of my earnings, and any surplus magical equipment the team happens across, to them. I have received more than a couple lucrative contracts for the team as a result, in addition to powerful contacts and advanced knowledge. Ultimately, you will get out of it what you put in. Should you wish to begin a more scholarly pursuit of the mystic arts I have materials back at our headquarters that you may find... stimulating."

After the portal-jumping is completed and the team arrives back at MercTown, Vheld looks around until he is satisfied that everyone made it through the Rift. Jumping on Bel'Dar he says "I return to the Haunt. I wish to return our 'package' to my guild contact before summoning Hades again; Carl I suggest you be present for that along with any other team members you feel necessary. My business at the guild should not take long." With minions in tow, Vheld then wheels off to the Haunt without waiting for the rest of the team.

He will set Bel'Dar down out front, and direct the rest of his minions to their customary holding area in the Haunt's basement. "Remain here unless Carl or I require you. Recover your energies, there will be new opportunities for mayhem soon enough. You have all done well today." Leaving the minions in the basement, Vheld will set down the remains of Voidveil and Chaz-Amych with those of Lycaon and Fake-Gygas already collected. He will retrieve the chest his patron at the guild asked him for, squirrel it away in his knapsack, get back on Bel'Dar, and make for the mage's guild.

Striding inside without ceremony, he makes for Lateen's laboratory. Rapping on the door with his staff, he will move inside and set down his prize, revealing it from the knapsack only then. "As requested. I still need to recall Hades for the primary mission- if you have anything further to discuss we must make it quick, or I can return later."

Once he and Lateen are finished, Vheld will return to the Haunt, head back down to the basement, and (assuming Carl and any other interested parties are on hand by now) use the pomegranate seed to summon Hades again.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
MDC: 145/145 (Slithn)
PPE: 315/315 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld PPE 1 + 2- 50/50 PPE left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9+3=12
JiC: 1d100 = 83 // 1d20 = 3
Skills
Recognize Sounds and Voices: 1d100 = 13/53%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 12/62%


Echo feels a light weight off his shoulders as they arrive back in Merctown, feeling comfortable with the surroundings, he will head to the Haunt with whomever is going there.

Vheld wrote:"I return to the Haunt. I wish to return our 'package' to my guild contact before summoning Hades again; Carl I suggest you be present for that along with any other team members you feel necessary. My business at the guild should not take long."


Echo nods and remarks "I will return to my room at the Haunt, should our two new-comers choose to remain for good, I will help accommodate them with rooms as needed. I would also prefer to be at the summoning." He will then help Carl assist Vinograd and Minerva in finding accommodations at the Haunt and will return to his room, storing his equipment for a much needed overhaul before the summoning with Hades. He replaces his Ghillie Suit for his Armored Duster over his armor, and does a sensory check over all the Haunt's securities as required.

When Vheld returns, after everything is handled, Echo will re-armor up and meet them for the Summoning.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

(Rolls held over)

Echo wrote:To Minerva, when given the chance he will approach her and extend a hand, "We've not been properly introduced yet, I'm called Echo, or Seven in the field. You and your abilities are most impressive, should you choose to remain, you will make a fine ally." Echo remarks, but then moves on unless conversation is pressed.


Minerva shakes Echo's hand and then repeats his name and callsign to confirm she's got it. Pointing to him, she says "Echo. Seven." Pointing to herself, she says "Minerva. Diamond. Ally. You are very tall."

Whisper wrote:Whisper frowns at Minerva's American.
"Yeah, I'm Tarot. Good men? Well...honorable enough for mercs, ya know?"

"Honor is good. I look forward to working with you, Tarot."

Vheld wrote:
Minerva wrote:"He is but a box with a head. Where is the rest of him?"
Vheld shrugs. "Don't know, don't care. It's probably best that you not think about it. It doesn't look like the Russians were particularly gentle." Hopefully our business won't take us back to that part of the world any time soon.

"Fair enough. No body, no problems, right?"

Vheld wrote:
Minerva wrote:"A sizable town would be wonderful. I wish for a motorcycle. And more enemies to hurt in their minds."
Vheld replies with a sinister grin of his own. "With this team, neither should be an issue. Both of you" he nods at Vinograd, "should speak with Carl if you wish to officially join up. The terms are relatively straightforward. He may be willing to help you procure a motorcycle as well, though that may have to wait until our next payment." Or not, depending on exactly what Hades wishes to offer the others.

Minerva nods and then turns to the dragon. No he podido entender este dragón en absoluto. Eso puede ser un problema en el futuro.

Vheld wrote:"There. You'll be able to understand each other for a half an hour or so."

"Hello, Dragon? My name is Minerva. You are to join this team as well? Shall we go talk to Carl together?" Assuming Vinograd follows along, Minerva goes to talk with the team leader to secure their place on the team officially.

Translations
No he podido entender este dragón en absoluto. Eso puede ser un problema en el futuro.=I have not been able to understand this dragon at all. That may be a problem in the future.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16
Conditions: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 34
Conditions: None.

Vheld wrote:Vheld pauses a moment before replying. "...Profitable. I regularly divert a small percentage of my earnings, and any surplus magical equipment the team happens across, to them. I have received more than a couple lucrative contracts for the team as a result, in addition to powerful contacts and advanced knowledge. Ultimately, you will get out of it what you put in. Should you wish to begin a more scholarly pursuit of the mystic arts I have materials back at our headquarters that you may find... stimulating."


Vino nods at Vheld's description of a Mage's Guild. [Dragonese/Elven]"Sounds interesting, I will have to take a look at it once I've secured my place with this group and suitable lodgings. Thank you Vheld you have proven most wise and accommodating." Vinograd says before the team is transported to the Mages Guild.

Vinograd looks to Echo as he offers to lead them to the haunt.

Minerva wrote:"Hello, Dragon? My name is Minerva. You are to join this team as well? Shall we go talk to Carl together?"


Vinograd smirks, which can be disconcerting for creatures unused to Dragons in their natural form. "Pleasure to meet you, I think that would be a splendid idea." Vinograd says, allowing the magic cast on him to translate his words for her. "No sense in not having a place to sleep so soon after being made homeless. By the way, How did you wind up where we found you?"
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:59 pm

(rolls held over)

Vinograd wrote:
Minerva wrote:"Hello, Dragon? My name is Minerva. You are to join this team as well? Shall we go talk to Carl together?"
Vinograd smirks, which can be disconcerting for creatures unused to Dragons in their natural form. "Pleasure to meet you, I think that would be a splendid idea." Vinograd says, allowing the magic cast on him to translate his words for her. "No sense in not having a place to sleep so soon after being made homeless. By the way, How did you wind up where we found you?"


"I was headed out into the world for adventure. No longer welcome where I previously resided, I purchased a ticket to the Mediterranean. To Greece. That was not where the ship took me. The bad men, the slavers who ran the vessel, they took me to some place called Crimea. I was caught off guard by the locals and kidnapped. When they were done with me, they threw me into whatever that disgusting mess was." Minerva looks upset about the retelling of the story. "The goo sapped my mental strength until you good folks came along and allowed me to extract my vengeance on... On whatever that was."
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:41 am

Perception: 1d20+9 = 14
JIC D20:1d20 = 17; D100: 1d100 = 71

Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics; Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5)

Vheld wrote:
Minerva wrote:"A sizable town would be wonderful. I wish for a motorcycle. And more enemies to hurt in their minds."
Vheld replies with a sinister grin of his own. "With this team, neither should be an issue. Both of you" he nods at Vinograd, "should speak with Carl if you wish to officially join up. The terms are relatively straightforward. He may be willing to help you procure a motorcycle as well, though that may have to wait until our next payment."
Carl remains silent and expressionless as he listens to the conversation. *Hmm, a motorcycle? That will not be a problem. It has been a long time since I took one of mine out for a ride.*
Vheld wrote:After the portal-jumping is completed and the team arrives back at MercTown, Vheld looks around until he is satisfied that everyone made it through the Rift. Jumping on Bel'Dar he says "I return to the Haunt. I wish to return our 'package' to my guild contact before summoning Hades again; Carl I suggest you be present for that along with any other team members you feel necessary. My business at the guild should not take long." With minions in tow, Vheld then wheels off to the Haunt without waiting for the rest of the team.

Carl gives Vheld a nod and then heads to the Haunt with the others.
Echo wrote:"I will return to my room at the Haunt, should our two new-comers choose to remain for good, I will help accommodate them with rooms as needed. I would also prefer to be at the summoning."

At the Haunt, Carl takes Minerva and Vinograd to the common/game room. "You can put your gear, if any, in here for now. Help yourself to any refreshments and even take a shower if you want. We have a pretty good security system here and I do not have time to get it to recognize you two, so do not wonder outside of this area without one of us with you. After the meeting with our client, we will talk about you joining the team if you still wish to. In town, we drop our code names so you can just call me Carl. I want the two of you to join us when we go to meet our client, although you were not part of the agreement, he might be nice and reward you too. We are not willing to change our agreement with him to accommodate you into the agreement, but sometimes a god can be generous; not often, but sometimes. But the main reason I want you there is that if you cannot stand in front of a god without showing fear, we have no use for you in the squad; this type of assignment is becoming a standard for the team." *Ha ha, I remember the first time I had to stand before a god, if my inners was not mechanical I might have wet myself.* "I will leave you for a few because I really need a shower and to check the status of the Haunt during our absence. If you have not guess it already, the team is called 'The Spook Squad' and our HQ/home is called 'The Haunt'. Remember to stay in the common areas without an escort." Carl leaves them in the common area and heads to his room to take a long shower. After the shower he checks for any messages and then takes a walk around the Haunt to ensure that everything is OK.
Vheld wrote:Once he and Lateen are finished, Vheld will return to the Haunt, head back down to the basement, and (assuming Carl and any other interested parties are on hand by now) use the pomegranate seed to summon Hades again.

Once Vheld arrives, Carl gathers the new members and goes to the summoning area; he lets the other members decide if they want to attend or not, but the first test of the new members is to stand before a god.

[[ the Haunt ]]
Last edited by Carl on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor • A.R.: 16 (N/A in Rifts-like Environs)
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• S.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 3 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 85

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 96%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Relieved], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands], Marauder PA Link

Telemechanics [96%]: 1d100 = 87

Marauder Main Body: 200/440 MD
• Arms: 50/90 (L) | 50/90 (R)
• Legs: 115/175 (L) | 115/175 (R)
Force Field: 80/160 MD [OFF]

Tyral steps through the portal back to Merctown with his Missile Rifle stowed in the shoulder clamps (not held for use), but even so internally curses when he finds himself unexpectedly inside Merctown's Walls. The Psi-Tech takes several steps off to the side to get out of the way, then kills pop's the Marauder open, tapping the radio to scan for the Merctown Defenders' frequency, "Come in Defenders, this is Spook Squad_003. We landed here in the Magic Guild by error, and have to get a couple Power Armors transported out to storage?? Don't wanna walk them back to the gate, can I put in for a Transport and you can bill me for the cost? ... Already have enough repairs to do without having you guys reduce my baby to Scrap hehehe ..."

Once he steps down out of his Marauder Armor [under 250 MD worth of shielding], Lahz' psychic nature is strong enough to radiate at anyone in his immediate vicinity.

Minerva wrote:After her convo with Whisper, she goes to chat with Lahz. If she can see that he is a psychic, she'll nod to him and say "You have a strong mind. Glad I'm not alone. I am Minerva. Or Diamond, they told me. How old were you when you learned of your capabilities?"


Lahz looks over/down at the new human woman who had attached herself to Carl and the others while they were trying to ferret out Chaz, "Diamond you say? Well I suppose you're pretty enough ... My abilities first surfaced when I was maybe 10 ... 12? It was a long time ago. Not really one I chat about in public." He chuckles and snaps his fingers for Ray the Droid to come over and turns to briefly address the robot, "Look, get Alfred on the radio, get him to bring the hover-jeep [Squad-Car] over to pick us up ... I don't feel like walking anymore. Oh and get an order placed to Old Granddad's Pizza [78], for 10 Large Pizzas, 4 of them Dog-Boy Specials, 2 Sausage & Pepperoni only, 1 Veggie, the other 3 whatever's fastest. Delivery to the Haunt in 40 Minutes, then You get back there and be ready to check the order at delivery, and pay. If they're on time, give a 40% gratuity ... I'll ride back with Alfred after we get the big stuff in Storage and make sure no problems arise ..."

Assuming the Defenders don't raise hell, Lahz waits while the Defenders come pick up his PA (and Whisper's as well, likely), and will follow them out to complete paperwork as needed so he can retrieve and repair later. The Psi-Tech will offer Minerva/Diamond and Whisper/Tarot a ride in the Jeep so they don't have to walk if they would like.

With that done, he'll make his way back to [[ the Haunt ]] to be present in time for making contact with their Deific Benefactor.
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:26 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20 (Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 10 , 1d100 = 43

From: Crimea

The portal opens and the team returns to Merctown.

Erg assumes that Vheld and Carl will be the ones meeting with the client deity. It was Vheld's that set it up, and Carl was the group leader. Still, Erg is very anxious for the client's payment (mostly Erg is anxious for the agreed mystic knowledge/training Time Hole Spell ). If asked or invited to , Erg will attend. If he does attend , Erg attends as a spectator (and postpone the bellow until afterward).

If not attending, In the mean time , Erg is happy to be out of the field and back in Merctown. He has allot to plans and allot to do to keep himself busy in the mean time , and dives right in (see post in Merctown Mystic Guild Thread).

To: Merctown Mystic Guild
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144)
•On Person Gear: Miniature PPE(180) Battery
•Utility Belt , Updraft TW-Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd Max altitude 1,000ft
•VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Lateen
Image

Vheld and Carl meet with Lateen immediately after arrival. She is pleased to see them, and even more so to see the Smaragdine Table.

"You have done my clan an immeasurable service! It is said that with this divine object we will be able to defeat the Splugorth Intelligence known as Desslyth of the Thundercloud Galaxy. The colony of Elysium on Sheridan 5 thank you. Know that you will be regarded highly among my fellows!"

She transfers the agreed 10 million credits to you and bids you adieu.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lahz deals with the Defenders, who are only happy when forms are being filled out. But when he resurfaces at the haunt it is with Pizza and beer and all is well. (PA secured)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once back in the Haunt while all gathered around the pizza or at least in the same room as the pizza, the Spooks find their world suddenly shrouded in black. They feel a great presence approach them.

"Well done. Tartarus is again full. I have taken your tokens," and indeed you see that they are gone, "Now it is time for the reward, first the mundane," Each Spook finds a Universal Credit Card with 2 million credits on it suddenly appear in their hands. Now what boon shall you ask of Hades?"

The great god waits for your response.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 67

As soon as Carl mentions the ability to take a shower, Minerva is thrilled. She heads to the bathroom and neatly places her clothing and gear in a pile on the floor. Ahora para quitar ese goo repugnante de ... bien, por todas partes. She gets the water as hot as it will go (within human standards) and sloughs off the nastiness that she encountered in Crimea. After a solid 15 minutes in the shower, she comes out a new woman.

Getting dressed again and putting her gear on, she pops out to the common room just in time for... ¡Pizza! ¡Amo la pizza! Minerva goes straight for the biggest slice she sees, having been on a steady diet of fish and other seafood during her trip. "Delicioso!" She gives the beer a try, but it doesn't please her palette as she hoped. Setting it back down on the table after one sip, she notices that the world goes black.

¡Oh Dios mío! ¿No pueden las cosas ser normales por sólo un minuto? Not being privy to the mission details, she doesn't know what the great presence is talking about, but she knows enough to shut up and listen. ¿Una bendición? ¿Del demonio mismo? Never one to choose one god over another, she decided to ask for what she wanted from the one standing in front of her. Stepping up to talk to Hades, she speaks in her native language so he knows that she speaks from the heart. "Poderoso Hades, nos has pagado bien con tus llamados dones mundanos. Pero si fueras tan amable, tendría una espada. Un poderoso. Uno que reacciona a la fuerza en mi mente al igual que las espadas mágicas hacen para los magos. Quiero ser capaz de golpear a mi enemigo en la mejor y más elegante manera posible. Quiero enviar tantos hombres como lo merezcan a vuestro reino donde sufrirán por la eternidad y los conoceréis por la marca que mi espada les dejará. Gracias, el más poderoso."


Translations
Ahora para quitar ese goo repugnante de ... bien, por todas partes=Now to remove that disgusting goo from... well, everywhere.
¡Pizza! ¡Amo la pizza!=Pizza! I love pizza!
¡Oh Dios mío! ¿No pueden las cosas ser normales por sólo un minuto?=Oh my God! Can't things be normal for just one minute?
¿Una bendición? ¿Del demonio mismo?=A boon? From the devil himself?

Poderoso Hades, nos has pagado bien con tus llamados dones mundanos. Pero si fueras tan amable, tendría una espada. Un poderoso. Uno que reacciona a la fuerza en mi mente al igual que las espadas mágicas hacen para los magos. Quiero ser capaz de golpear a mi enemigo en la mejor y más elegante manera posible. Quiero enviar tantos hombres como lo merezcan a vuestro reino donde sufrirán por la eternidad y los conoceréis por la marca que mi espada les dejará. Gracias, el más poderoso.=Mighty Hades, you have paid us well with your so called mundane gifts. But if you would be so kind, I would have a sword. A powerful one. One that reacts to the strength in my mind just like the magic swords do for magicians. I want to be able to strike my enemy down in the best and most stylish way possible. I want to send as many men as deserve it to your realm where they will suffer for eternity and you will know them by the mark my blade will leave on them. Thank you, your most powerful one.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 20
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 20;JIC d100: 1d100 = 31

After stopping at the Gates to store her poor, beat-up Mecha-knight, Whisper takes a stroll to the Naruni sales office to arrange for repairs and a reload for the missile shield. I hope this don't chew into my cut too much., she thinks ruefully.

Upon returning to the Haunt and finding pizza and beer, she quickly polishes one off and inhales a slice of 'za. Not even bothering to get changed or cleaned up, she drinks happily."Who brought this? Thanks!", she beams, barely pausing as she keeps swiping beer after beer.

With her surroundings suddenly going black, Lily thinks for a moment she's passing out. No way, I've barely had three...oh wait...
She gets a sinking feeling seeing the intimidating god. Or maybe it's the carbonation.
Lily waits for everyone else to speak up before making her request.
"Now then, Mr Hades, I'd sure like ta be taught gunslinging...maybe by one of your...uh...guests?", Lily blurts out. She adds a little more softly, "An' if you're feelin' generous, I'd like ta be taller, too."
Whisper
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 280/400
Forcefield 0/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 18 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 4
JiC D100: 1d100 = 80

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Hopeful], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 85

His face drawn, Lahz cannot cold back the silent tears as he walks quietly over to Hades and drops his knees where he whispers, "My wife and daughter, Aurelia and Kaiya ...They were killed years ago ... I would have them back. I will move any mountain you choose ..." he doesn't finish his intended words, yet they remain emblazoned in his mind, **... or bury any man ...**
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:42 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11+3=14
JiC: 1d100 = 87 // 1d20 = 9
Intelligence: 1d100 = 6/66%

Echo will eat and relax with the pizza brought back by Lahz, though his right hand will rest on his weapon the entire time, or at least not be far from it. When the area goes dark, Echo is ready as the chilling words address them.

"Well done. Tartarus is again full. I have taken your tokens," and indeed you see that they are gone, "Now it is time for the reward, first the mundane," Each Spook finds a Universal Credit Card with 2 million credits on it suddenly appear in their hands. "Now what boon shall you ask of Hades?"


Echo feels the card for any fraudulent marks and then slips it into a secure black case before looking towards the others, allowing them to speak before making his own request. "Lord Hades," Echo begins, falling to his knee when he addresses the dark god, "I request the means to be the best at what I do. I am limited by technology and equipment and seek to expand my horizons so that no target, no threat ever elude me again." Echo states, his voice stone cold as his mind whispers, You are only as good as the equipment you carry, without it you are half-way worthless beyond your own wit and that only goes so far. Echo thinks to himself before adding, "I do not know the specifics of my desire but I am sure you have seen warriors in similar situations making similar requests." Echo states, hoping to allow the god a moment to understand what he wants.

After his request is complete, he will silently glance at the others around him and then the doors around them, this is a moment of weakness he would only share with as many souls as he had too.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 14
JIC D20:1d20 = 18; D100: 1d100 = 20

Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy talisman, 0 use remaining (lv5)
SNAFU wrote:Lateen
Vheld and Carl meet with Lateen immediately after arrival. She is pleased to see them, and even more so to see the Smaragdine Table.

"You have done my clan an immeasurable service! It is said that with this divine object we will be able to defeat the Splugorth Intelligence known as Desslyth of the Thundercloud Galaxy. The colony of Elysium on Sheridan 5 thank you. Know that you will be regarded highly among my fellows!"

She transfers the agreed 10 million credits to you and bids you adieu.

Carl smiles and gives Lateen a small bow. "It was a pleasure doing business with you. If you should ever need our services again. You can make the arrangements through Vheld."
SNAFU wrote:Once back in the Haunt while all gathered around the pizza or at least in the same room as the pizza, the Spooks find their world suddenly shrouded in black. They feel a great presence approach them.

"Well done. Tartarus is again full. I have taken your tokens," and indeed you see that they are gone, "Now it is time for the reward, first the mundane," Each Spook finds a Universal Credit Card with 2 million credits on it suddenly appear in their hands. Now what boon shall you ask of Hades?"

The great god waits for your response.

Carl hesitate for only a second before adding his wishes along with the others. *He is a god, but he is also lord of the death, so other than granting life to those who he has control over, I have no idea what he can grant; I wonder if I am asking for too much. Oh well, it cannot hurt to try.* He looks up at the god and makes his desires known. "My lord Hades. Without losing any their current abilities I would like the 'Battle Fury' abilities added to one of my swords (the same as the sword called Battle Fury) that can be activated a couple of time a day. If that is not possible or if you choose not to grant that. Then I would like the service of a powerful demon hound that is loyal and obedient to me that I can summon to fight at my side a couple of times a day and also be able to dismiss when necessary."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor • A.R.: 16 (N/A in Rifts-like Environs)
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• S.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 70
PER: 1d20+8 = 13

SNAFU wrote:"You have done my clan an immeasurable service! It is said that with this divine object we will be able to defeat the Splugorth Intelligence known as Desslyth of the Thundercloud Galaxy. The colony of Elysium on Sheridan 5 thank you. Know that you will be regarded highly among my fellows!"
Vheld visibly starts at this- before quickly recovering his usual inscrutable aplomb. A weapon capable of defeating the Splugorth?!?! Could it be, at long last. Aloud, he merely says. "The Splugorth are a plague upon countless worlds, including this one. I shall be eager to hear how the liberation goes. I have plans of my own for evicting Splynncryth from our ancestral homeland." With a nod to Lateen, Vheld takes his leave of her- absently handing the credit-chip to Carl for disbursal as he sees fit.

Later, at the summoning of Hades.
SNAFU wrote: Now what boon shall you ask of Hades?"
Vheld casts a sidelong glance at the others- particularly the new recruits who weren't present during the team's last run-in with a God. They had better not screw this up. Aloud, Vheld merely drops to one knee and bows low before Hades. "Milord. As we discussed, I wish to see my familiar Sil restored to me."

Vheld will remain bowed until Hades is finished with him.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
MDC: 145/145 (Slithn)
PPE: 315/315 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld PPE 1 + 2- 50/50 PPE left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7 (Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 20 , 1d100 = 56

SNAFU wrote:Once back in the Haunt while all gathered around the pizza or at least in the same room as the pizza, the Spooks find their world suddenly shrouded in black. They feel a great presence approach them.

"Well done. Tartarus is again full. I have taken your tokens," and indeed you see that they are gone, "Now it is time for the reward, first the mundane," Each Spook finds a Universal Credit Card with 2 million credits on it suddenly appear in their hands. Now what boon shall you ask of Hades?"

The great god waits for your response.


Thinking, Got the research funding. Now for that research, someone else already did the years of work to figure out. It will save me a ton of time so I don't have to figure it out myself. Once I know this, it will allow me to get projects done so much faster."

Erg waits his turn and then replies, "Great Hades, I Erg, request to be taught how to mystically curve space-time. I've been told some call the incantation 'Time Hole'."
BoM-p.146
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144)
•On Person Gear: Miniature PPE(180) Battery
•Utility Belt , Updraft TW-Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd Max altitude 1,000ft
•VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vinograd » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 79
Conditions: None.

Vinograd is confused by the concept of pizza, but tries it anyway and declares that he's not a fan. When the room becomes shrouded in darkness, Vino is almost certain he's back in Crimea. Vino watches the team ask for boons and muses what he should ask the Roman God of Death. Weapons, Wealth, Magic... It all appeals to me. Vino thinks before an almost malevolent smile creeps across his scaly face. "Lord Hades, I request power. I wish to become the most powerful dragon to ever have lived." Vino asks, his voice carrying the air of surety of purpose. But what will he grant me?
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Carl

Carl wrote:"My lord Hades. Without losing any their current abilities I would like the 'Battle Fury' abilities added to one of my swords (the same as the sword called Battle Fury) that can be activated a couple of time a day. If that is not possible or if you choose not to grant that. Then I would like the service of a powerful demon hound that is loyal and obedient to me that I can summon to fight at my side a couple of times a day and also be able to dismiss when necessary."


The dark god extends an arm from his shroud of shadow and takes Carls swords. They are carried away somewhere, and then they are gone! Carl starts to worry but a few seconds later and the swords are returned. Both swords complain of invasive procedures and enduring countless hours of boring labor in the forges of Hades. There, where all the great smiths rest their souls, almost anything can be achieved. Though for Carl it was mere moments both swords swear they were gone for months! Whatever happened, they have returned and more powerful than ever before.

Gain the following:
Code: Select all
Daisho Battle Fury
[size=85]The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords.  Both swords must be present for the power to work.
• Powers of the Fury
•• Yojimbo: While this fearsome ability is active, Yojimbo inflicts a whopping 1D6x10 M.D. with every hit. In addition, every time the wielder makes an attack with the sword, they get two attacks instead of one; the weapon striking with blistering speed (opponents are -5 to Parry the unexpected, super-quick, second attack).
•• Akahige: For the duration of the enchantment, the user is encased in a suit of magical force with 100 M.D.C.
• 3 times per day the wielder can invoke the Battle Fury.
• The Battle Fury lasts for 3 minutes.[/size]


Vheld

Vheld wrote: "Milord. As we discussed, I wish to see my familiar Sil restored to me."


"And it shall be so," declares Hades. The sound of padded feet can be heard before the familiar shape of Vheld's beloved minion bounds out of the Shadow.
"I can also offer this bit of advice in regards to your pursuit of greater power. The brevity and frailty of mortal life are your main obstacles I would advise you to beseech her to bestow upon you what some consider an eternally cruel curse but one who is truly dedicated would use such a 'curse' to win their heart's desire."
Silhouette is resurrected! Vheld will realize that Hades speaks of the Curse of Immortality.

When Vheld offers up the mysterious treasure chest Hades replies,
"That is at once the most valuable and the most worthless object in Hades... But perhaps you might find it useful. It is a bottomless chest of gold, but it's protective magicks mean only a member of Aesir pantheon can remove any coins. Not I, or even Zeus himself, can access the wealth inside.
The chest holds what the Norse call Bludgeld. It was assembled by the Aesir to pay ransom for the release of the god Baldur from his prison in Hel's clutches. Unfortunately for Baldur, it never made it to its intended destination and would not have been enough anyway. Regardless the return of this chest to the Aesir would likely garner a reward of significant value. Keep it, it will be a useful asset no doubt when dealing with the guardians of the World Tree."

Image

Code: Select all
[b]Aesir Bludgeld[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/vaDfN35.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Legendary Magic Receptacle[/i]
This item contains an infinite supply of gold, but is only accessible to a member of the Aesir (Primary Norse Pantheon)[/size]


Lahz
Lahz wrote: "My wife and daughter, Aurelia and Kaiya ...They were killed years ago ... I would have them back. I will move any mountain you choose ..."


"It will not require the relocation of a mountain, I have dominion over all the dead." Again the shadows part to reveal a elf woman and child, both terrified and bewildered... that is until they spot Lahz. There are no words to describe the intense emotions a family feels when reunited in this bizarre and impossible again. The ecstatic trio head off to Lahz' quarters to begin rebuilding their life together.

Family resurrected! Gain an XP bonus for stellar RP.

Whisper
Whisper wrote:"Now then, Mr Hades, I'd sure like ta be taught gunslinging...maybe by one of your...uh...guests?", Lily blurts out. She adds a little more softly, "An' if you're feelin' generous, I'd like ta be taller, too."


"This can be arranged. I happen to have few candidates." In a few moments three ghostly figures approach her from the darkness.

Belle Starr
Image
Born in 1848 to a prosperous family in Missouri, Myra Maybelle Shirley should have become a proper young lady, married a rich man, and never done anything interesting in her life. But, as luck would have it, Starr preferred to be outdoors learning to shoot a gun with her older brother, Bud, than stay inside the all-girl’s school she attended.
Fate changed the stars for Starr when her family moved to Texas in 1864. It was here that she would met members of Jesse James’ crew, the James-Younger Gang. In 1866, Starr married a horse thief named Jim Reed, who, in 1869, murdered a man who was said to have killed his brother. After the murder, the couple fled to California together. Jim was shot to death in 1874. Left as a widow, Belle joined the Starr Clan and married Samuel Starr. It was then that she submerged herself in outlawry. She became the mastermind behind the gang. Starr was arrested several times, but it seemed she was just as good at eluding sheriffs as she was at stealing horses, they never had enough evidence to put her away. In 1889, Starr was shot in the back while riding home from the general store. Her murderer is still unknown.

Doc Holliday
ImageIn the 125-year plus years since his death, the legend lives on as debates continue about the exact crimes that John Henry ‘Doc’ Holliday committed. He earned a DDS degree in dentistry before he became a renowned gambler and gunfighter. He moved to the southwest when he was diagnosed with tuberculosis at age 15, which is where he took up gambling and acquired a reputation as a deadly gunman. He rode with Wyatt Earp during the infamous ‘Vendetta Ride’, and is known to have killed no less than 10 men.

Wild Bill Hickok
Image
One of the most legendary figures of the Old West, James Butler “Wild Bill” Hickok was an actor, gambler, lawman, and gunfighter who was regarded as one of the most skilled gunslingers of all time. After making a name for himself as a constable and rider for the Pony Express, Hickok gained a reputation for being handy with a gun after he killed outlaw David McCanles with a single bullet from 75 yards away. More accurately called a “shootist,” Hickok was one of the very few gunslingers who participated in actual, out-in-the-street “Western-style” quick-draw duels. He was shot in the back of the head during a poker game.


"These will be your tutors, they will be bound to you until you achieve your goal"

We are about to enter a downtime period. Whisper will need to train night and day with her trio of expert tutors. From here on, Whisper's skills are frozen.
Once at least one quality post role playing the training and subsequent shenanigans has been posted Whisper can add the gun-slinging abilities and will be a 1st level Gunslinger. Note: progression is still frozen until you reach 3rd level as a Gunslinger at which point it will continue as normal.


Erg

Erg wrote:"Great Hades, I Erg, request to be taught how to mystically curve space-time. I've been told some call the incantation 'Time Hole'."


"It shall be so. Drink from my cup." A steel goblet is extended towards Erg. Inside is a swirling black liquid with something disturbingly alive about it. Once he drinks he realizes that he is drinking Soulstuff, memories of strangers and their strange lives pour over his mind like warm water. When it is over Erg feels he has lived a whole other lifetime and he finds he possesses the knowledge he seeks and more!

[Gain Time Hole and 1d4+1 other time-related spells (including Temporal Magic) any level!

Echo

Echo wrote:"I do not know the specifics of my desire but I am sure you have seen warriors in similar situations making similar requests."

"I can think of a few things," replies Hades simply. "Hand me your weapon."
Hades takes the NE-75H from Echo he passes his hand over it. The weapon begins to glow... and then hum until finally it returns to stillness and floats back to Echo.
"I have increased the effectiveness of your weapon and in addition I will give you this token:" A plain black card floats into Echo's hands.
Image
"Take this to One-Eyed Jacks and ask for The Man with the Axe. Tell them you are there for Thanatos."

Add the following to your rifle.
Code: Select all
[size=85]• Weaponwright: Hades
•• This weapon does triple damage to all [i]contracted[/i] targets.
•• This weapon is +2 to strike (for Echo only)
•• This weapon is attuned to Echo.  The character can sense number of loaded rounds in the weapon.
•• Echo receives +1 attack per melee and +2 on initiative when using this weapon for the entire round.
•• Echo can extend the range of this weapon 10% per level.
•• This weapon does not function for anyone else but Echo.[/size]


Vino

Vino wrote:. "Lord Hades, I request power. I wish to become the most powerful dragon to ever have lived."


A silent pause and what might've been a stifled laugh emanate from the shadow.
"I will set you on that path. Drink from my cup." A plain steel goblet floats out towards Vino. He sips the Soustuff within and the life experiences of others pass through him. He is left a little disorientated but in possession of new knowledge:

Gain the following:
Contact Spirits (8), Spirit Quest (5), (BoM p 209)

Consume Power & Knowledge (20) (BoM p189)
(Special Hades Version: Duration 1 day per Experience or in the case of the Brain and subsequent knowledge gain, permanency can be attained by expending 200 PPE. In the case of magic users, when 200 PPE is expended, the caster has a 10% per level chance of learning each spell 6th level or under possessed by the deceased and a 5% chance per level of learning spells from level 6-10. Spells over 10th level cannot be gained this way.)

Pick 2d6 Spells of any discipline from levels 1-6 and increase PPE by 2d6*10


Minerva
"Poderoso Hades, nos has pagado bien con tus llamados dones mundanos. Pero si fueras tan amable, tendría una espada. Un poderoso. Uno que reacciona a la fuerza en mi mente al igual que las espadas mágicas hacen para los magos. Quiero ser capaz de golpear a mi enemigo en la mejor y más elegante manera posible. Quiero enviar tantos hombres como lo merezcan a vuestro reino donde sufrirán por la eternidad y los conoceréis por la marca que mi espada les dejará. Gracias, el más poderoso."


A moment passes and then a translucent crystalline sword appears from the darkness.
"The one this blade was meant for refused the gift." Hades remarks with a hint of sadness. "It shall be yours. Wield it with aplomb."
Image
Gain the crystal sword previously discussed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are now officially in Downtime. You can finish any conversation you might want here, but then we will move to the Haunt and Merctown in general. If you have definite goals for this period please let me know if I don't already.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 11+3
JiC: 1d100 = 81 // 1d20 = 13
Intelligence: 1d100 = 15/66%
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 24/71%

"I can think of a few things," replies Hades simply. "Hand me your weapon." ..."I have increased the effectiveness of your weapon and in addition I will give you this token:"


Echo lowers his head and presents his prized rifle before it being returned. As he receives it, the assassin feels a tingle unlike he has felt before. 5 out of 8... I need to reload... The assassin thinks to himself, glancing at his weapon he checks the magazine and is bewildered at the revelation. He gives Lord Hades his most respectful nod before accepting the Black Card.

"My Lord Hades is most generous, perhaps this rifle will be of service in the future." Echo responds and will stand and step back when Hades has moved from him and to the others. He silently watches the others as they are bestowed their gift; as Lahz leaves with his family Echo places a hand on the elf's shoulder and nods as he walks past with his family.

When Hades is done, he will turn to Carl. "I am going to follow up on this token and will be at or near One-Eyed Jacks. I'll have my com-link up, let me know if I am needed." Echo remarks. He will secure his rifle in the Haunt having already missed the chance to turn it in to the Defenders, he will depart the Haunt after donning his equipment and Duster, his destination One-Eyed Jacks.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Vheld » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 am

JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 7
PER: 1d20+8 = 27

SNAFU wrote:I would advise you to beseech her to bestow upon you what some consider an eternally cruel curse but one who is truly dedicated would use such a 'curse' to win their heart's desire... Regardless the return of this chest to the Aesir would likely garner a reward of significant value. Keep it, it will be a useful asset no doubt when dealing with the guardians of the World Tree."
Vheld bows his head again. "Thank you, milord, for your insight. When the time comes for me to rip Splynncryth's pustule of a head from his body, your shall be foremost among the names I whisper in thanks."

After Hades disappears, Vheld turns to Brokswa and points at the Bludgeld. "Bring that to my quarters, then return here. You and the other minions are to load all of your energy spheres and talismans onto Bel'Dar." Turning to Carl, Vheld says "Barring any objections, I shall take custody of the Bludgeld. Given its history, I think mucking about with the curse is inadvisable, in which case it is worthless to any save myself." Vheld will wait a few minutes for any additional team business to clear up- not least his share of Lateen's 10 million credit payment (if only because Vheld has plans for the money), but should there be any length discussion keen observers will catch him casting impatient glances at the back room where he has stored Sil's corpse since her death.

When Vheld can finally excuse himself, he will trot rapidly into the back room to find his beloved familiar alive and well, once again. In an alarmingly out-of-character gesture, Vheld places an affectionate hand on the wolf's head, and ducks his head within his cowl to conceal his smile and tears of joy from any who might observe him. The shifter has known many beings over the years since his family was murdered- Gods, comrades, minions, and allies all. But only one friend. And now, at last, she is returned to him.

Reaching out to the mental link that was devastatingly severed, he says into Sil's mind, I'm glad you're back. Much has changed, and we have work to do. But you have been through a terrible ordeal. Go to my room and rest. I will see you later.

As Sil pads out of the room and back to her customary place upstairs, Vheld takes a moment to master himself. Then it is on to his latest series of preparations.

((--> The Haunt))
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
MDC: 145/145 (Slithn)
PPE: 315/315 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld PPE 1 + 2- 50/50 PPE left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Carl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 22
JIC D20:1d20 = 10; D100: 1d100 = 56
SNAFU wrote:Carl
The dark god extends an arm from his shroud of shadow and takes Carl's swords. They are carried away somewhere, and then they are gone! Carl starts to worry but a few seconds later and the swords are returned. Both swords complain of invasive procedures and enduring countless hours of boring labor in the forges of Hades. There, where all the great smiths rest their souls, almost anything can be achieved. Though for Carl it was mere moments both swords swear they were gone for months! Whatever happened, they have returned and more powerful than ever before.

Gain the following:
Code: Select all
Daisho Battle Fury
[size=85]The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords.  Both swords must be present for the power to work.
• Powers of the Fury
•• Yojimbo: While this fearsome ability is active, Yojimbo inflicts a whopping 1D6x10 M.D. with every hit. In addition, every time the wielder makes an attack with the sword, they get two attacks instead of one; the weapon striking with blistering speed (opponents are -5 to Parry the unexpected, super-quick, second attack).
•• Akahige: For the duration of the enchantment, the user is encased in a suit of magical force with 100 M.D.C.
• 3 times per day the wielder can invoke the Battle Fury.
• The Battle Fury lasts for 3 minutes.[/size]

Mentally, Carl laughs at his swords' discomfort. *Stop your bitching and say thank you!* To Hades he says. "Thank you my lord, you are most generous."

Once everyone receives their boons, Carl turns to the members. Looking at Minerva and Vinograd, he says, "You were not part of the agreement with Lateen, but at the moment (he smiles) you are part of the team, so you will share in that reward also. Everyone get an additional 1 million credits except Whisper who will receive 2 million credits since she did not take any of the items offered. 1 million goes into the group fund. For those of you that needs gems for spells and other things let me know how many you need because rest will be go into the group funds to be used as currency when we go on our missions."
Vheld wrote:Vheld turns to Brokswa and points at the Bludgeld. "Bring that to my quarters, then return here. You and the other minions are to load all of your energy spheres and talismans onto Bel'Dar." Turning to Carl, Vheld says "Barring any objections, I shall take custody of the Bludgeld. Given its history, I think mucking about with the curse is inadvisable, in which case it is worthless to any save myself."
Carl nods his head, "No problem here." *That is good because I do not want anything to do with it.*
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor • A.R.: 16 (N/A in Rifts-like Environs)
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• S.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Lahz » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 15 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 3

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Ecstatic], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 28

Lahz carries Kaiya up to his quarters in 1 arm, his wife wrapped tightly with the other, so closely that the stairs are a challenge. He doesn't care. As they make their way into the room, he sits the little one on the big bed, "So, you two have been gone for a little while ... and that might seem hard to explain. So, ok it is the year 111 PA, and this is Merctown not Escanaba (Mercbay) but we are together again, and you are safe, and that's all that matters in the world ..."

"Ray? ... Look over here. This is Kaiya. Your new prime directive is her safety, over and above all other things. She's 4 years old, she's not the boss, whatever she thinks, so don't let her touch anything that could cause her physical harm. Understood?" Lahz awaits an acknowledgement from the droid, then turns to kiss Aurelia tenderly, "I've missed you. More than I can say, but I want you to know ... they're gone. The ones who took you away. Gone. I hunted each of them down like dogs. I don't know how many ways there are to skin a cat, but ... joint-locking a Deadboy and having his armor sweat him to death over the course of a week ... that was how your killer died. He is gone and will never torment anyone again ... Oh and that's Ray " -- Lahz jerks a thumb back at the droid still standing there with a Combat-Hammer -- " ... Joe-E got wrecked up. I'll build you another ..."

"Are you hungry? Do they feed you in the underworld? What do you want? ... Oh-my-gods-Kaiya, what do you want? Should we get cake?? ... It's like a birthday right? a Birthday for our family??? ... Do you want Steaks? or Noodles? or Pizza? ... My Gods, we need to go shopping and buy some clothes! I don't have anything ... I just never believed ... " he trails off as his voice catches.


[[--> The Haunt ]]
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby SNAFU » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Mini-Update:


When the darkness recedes the Spooks find that the contents of the Hag's Dimensional Pocket are in a pile in the center of the room.

Besides any Personal Gear this includes the Tiger Borg captured by Lahz.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Minerva » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 64

Minerva reaches her hand out to the darkness and grips the hilt of the sword in front of her. In her hands, the blade shatters like thousands of pieces of crystal, the sound reminiscent of broken glass. ¿Me da la empuñadura de una espada rota? She does her best to keep her confusion from her face as she accepts the gift. While others in the room have brought people back to life, received powerful weapons, skills and other desires, she has been given the hilt of a sword. Claro, está cubierto de gemas, pero no hay cuchilla. She takes it, graciously bows to Hades and then takes a seat while the others finish up their business. Grabbing another slice of pizza, she is caught by surprise when Carl hands out funds in addition to the funds given out by Hades. "¡Guauu! ¡Gracias por el gran día de pago, señor Carl! It is possible to go shopping in this city? There are guns and motorcycles?" The smile on her face shows that she is speaking of her true passions.

If there is no further business, Minerva will spend a few minutes concentrating on the hilt that Hades gave her. "What are you?" Using her mind, she tries to pull a sense of what this hilt is, what it does, where it comes from and who made it. (Object Read: -6 ISP). Once she has time enough to concentrate on this task, she'll head out and see about shopping for equipment.


Translations
¿Me da la empuñadura de una espada rota?=He gives me the hilt of a broken sword?
Claro, está cubierto de gemas, pero no hay cuchilla.=Sure, it's covered in gems, but there's no blade.

"¡Guauu! ¡Gracias por el gran día de pago, señor Carl!"="Wow! Thank you for the large payday, Mister Carl!"
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Erg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18 (Additional +3 Involving Magic , Machines , or their Combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 6 , 1d100 = 36

SNAFU wrote:"It shall be so. Drink from my cup." A steel goblet is extended towards Erg. Inside is a swirling black liquid with something disturbingly alive about it. Once he drinks he realizes that he is drinking Soulstuff, memories of strangers and their strange lives pour over his mind like warm water. When it is over Erg feels he has lived a whole other lifetime and he finds he possesses the knowledge he seeks and more!


Erg takes the cup and drinks from it.

I might not know him well enough to trust him as I would my fellows who have earned it. But, I suppose, given who he is, if he wanted to do me harm or such , he would do so. There would be little I could do about it. Also, given who he is, doing anything he would take as a slight might itself provoke his malevolence.

As the memories of the life of someone else unfold in his mind , Erg is astonished. And his face shows it. :shock:
This is truly a wondrous thing. The potential of such a technique are mind boggling. The amount of knowledge and experiences someone could gain.

Erg bows slightly and says to Hades, "Thank you great Hades."

Erg steps aside and quietly and politely waits for the meeting to complete. Once it has, Erg resumes his previous intentions.
To Merctown MysticGuild
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144)
•On Person Gear: Miniature PPE(180) Battery
•Utility Belt , Updraft TW-Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd Max altitude 1,000ft
•VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Crimean Wolves #2: This is Crimea

Postby Whisper » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 17;JIC d100: 1d100 = 57

"Whoa. I see dead people.", Lily mumbles at the sight of specter triplets.
"Thanks, Hades!"

Turning to the three, Lily asks quietly, "You folks really can teach me ta be a gunslinger?"

Hickok responds first, "Yes ma'am, I believe that is the bargain."
"Speak up, lass.", encourages Starr, noting Lily's intoxication.
Holiday glides up smoothly, "We can teach y'all how to shoot and much more, pretty lady."

Embarrassed, Lily replies "Let's...uh...let's stick to shooting for now."
Whisper takes her leave of the group and goes to train. Lily wants to use a pair of energy pistols, yet the spirits insist that she start with six-shooters.

"Girl, you need to start slow.", Hickok says sternly.
"That's right, miss. When you can handle those shootin' irons well, then you can move onto them fancy light-shooters.", agrees Holliday.
"And for God's sake, girl, stand up straight.", quips Starr sternly.

Lily has had to use her offhand before but now the three phantoms whip her into shape. After two days of practice, her hands shake so badly, she can barely hold her guns, let alone the bottles of liquor she constantly empties. After four days, her fingers are so abraded that she has to take a break.

Hickok suggests going to a saloon to gamble, and Holiday somehow manages to get Lily to front the money for the quartet to spend an entire day at a little hole of an establishment. One that doesn't ask questions. Everything goes fine until Lily starts drinking like a fish, "partying" with a group of mercs and losing track of the trio. Suddenly there's shouting and quickly after, gunfire. It's a scene of confusion as people flee in all directions but Lily manages to go unnoticed by the authorities that arrive and slip back to the Haunt.
The three spirits await her there with assurances that they did nothing wrong. Lily passes out hearing stories of the Old West.

After blacking out and sleeping for a day, the spirits decide that Lily ought to test out her skills, and with them following her, she buys yet more ammunition for her revolvers. On her way from the Haunt to the market, the ghosts overhear the locals gossiping about their pupil in most unflattering and even hateful terms.

"You know what, ma'am? We ought to go out to the West.", suggests Holliday.
Lily agrees and the quartet travels out to the New West. It's a long, uncomfortable and dangerous journey.

The group's first stop is in Hays, Kansas. A former haunt of Wild Bill Hickok; after the long expedition, Lily drinks and they all gamble before settling down to do some real training.

Along a road to the spot where Bill wants to shoot, they pass by a small group of young men, who holler and whistle at Lily. She's feeling pretty smug as she strides by and mutters to her entourage, "I reckon I'm lookin' a might fine.", doing a very bad Southern accent. Almost immediately, she's reprimanded by Belle with a slap to the back of the head. "Talk properly, girl. And they only want one thing, dimwit."

"Ow, what the f**k?!", Lily flinches, only to be rapped on the knuckles by Doc.
"Language, ma'am. Be civil.", he advises gentlemanly.
Lily's reaction is to exclaim, "Jesus!", only to find her other hand slapped.
"I beg you not to use the lord's name in vain.", Willaim wheezes.

The little spat convinces Lily's admirers that she's at least a little "touched", and they move along. At a long dead but still standing tree, the group has Lily practice drawing her pistols. For hours upon hours, she doesn't even fire, just draws. That day done, the odd little group heads back to the hotel, whereupon Lily goes out to drink and fornicate with the local boys.

Lily is awoken the next day abruptly by one of the ghosts splashing water on her. "Ah! Christsakes!", she yells, getting slapped on the hand. None of the ghosts admit to soaking her, but they do agree on one thing - she needs to stop drinking. Vehemently protesting, the spirits all but drag Lily around to get changed, get breakfast (or rather, lunch, as she's woken up so late), and get practicing again.

Back at the dead tree, Lily this time is allowed to set up some targets and practice drawing and shooting at them. Irritated to say the least, she channels some of her resentment over being told what to do at the targets before her and appears to satisfy the specters.

On the way back from training hard one day, Whisper goes to check on her power armor, parked nearby her hotel. What she finds infuriates her.

"Hey!", she shouts at the armed but unarmored men trying to unlock her suit, "Get the hell away from that!"

The men stop what they're doing and bristle at being caught red-handed.
"Oh, uh, my, Miss. You're back early.", says the largest one sheepishly.
"No way she can take all o' us.", one of the more antsy goons claims.

"You're gonna be the first to die.", Whisper threatens, pulling back her long coat to reveal her firearms.

The more sensible among the group back off and scatter, while the two that talked remain. The larger one edges to one side while the jumpy one looks ready to draw at any moment.

The big one holds his hands outstretched, trying to convince Lily to calm down.
"Whoa there, miss. We ain't meaning no harm."
"He's trying to flank you, ma'am.", Doc states, recognizing the danger. "Both Starr and Hickok got shot from behind, best be on your guard."
With a snap, Whisper and the two goons abruptly draw, with her shooting both foes in the head at almost the same time.
"We've likely worn out our welcome here.", Bill advises sounding wistful.
"This mean I can get a drink?", Lily asks hopefully.
"NO!" is the reply from the three spirits in unison.

Next along the line is a stop at Fort Smith, in Arkansas. The completely human community here is a little more recovered than the previous stop but they're also very close to Lone Star. Close enough that Lily is a bit concerned. She stashes her power armor in a spot advised by Belle, who knows the area in spite of its blasted truth.

Lily dresses provocatively, in spite of the objections of all three of her tutors. Even so, Starr encourages her not to take lip from the locals, and the town soon learns not to talk badly about the weird city girl or the strange occurrences that happen near her.

In Fort Smith, Lily is finally given the go ahead to use her energy pistols and while she practices mostly in her body armor, she sometimes goes without to get a feel for how she needs to move and work her muscle memory.

Out training in her armor one day, Whisper hears gunshots from the direction of the town, and she races with her CFTs already drawn to the site.

What greets her is the sight of a squad of Deadboys, evidently drunk, shooting up the town for a laugh. Hearing cries and screams, Whisper attacks, shooting guns out of hands and drawing a lot of inaccurate fire. When the dust settles, Lily's armor has some fresh scorch marks and the townspeople have rallied to help her capture the handful of Deadboys.

When they contact the officer in charge of this detachment of troops, the man proves reasonable and contrite. He compensates for damages out of his own pocket and reprimands his unruly troops. Perhaps a rarity, this low-ranking officer recognizes that the CS needs to be seen as defenders and win people over.

Lily leaves abruptly at night, avoiding any further contact with the CS patrols, flying low in her power armor to the next destination; one suggested by Doc.

With smooth charm, Doc convinces Lily to get out to Arizona and Tombstone. There, she continues to train, drink heavily and gamble. She rents a nice room to stay in and but the spirits jealously prevent her from drinking while they train her.

Before long, with a little help from Starr, she's able to actually win often enough gambling to anger a couple of toughs and it isn't long until she's confronted out in the street by a pair of men she's won money off of.

The first blocks her path, stepping into her way as she tries to pass.
"Hey, sl**, where you going?"
"Don't let him talk to you like that.", Hickok implores, floating next to the dirty ruffian. Whisper glances him over, sees that he's armed, has some prison tattoos and a cybernetic eye that looks like the skin around it is infected.
"I said, where you going, bi***? I want my money back!", the man demands, stepping closer.
His companion walks past, seemly content to leave.
Hickok stays beside him, while Starr stays beside Lily, encouraging her, "Shoot him. He's scum. No one will miss him." While she looks hesitant, Starr continues to order her, "Shoot him, go on girl, shoot!"
"If you're looking to die, I can oblige.", Whisper finally responds, taking a step back, ready to draw.
The delinquent snorts, "You think you can take me?" but backs away a few paces and into the street.

Holliday slips out of Lily's view behind her but tells her, "Remember, don't miss.". Civilians clear the street, although a few stay to watch the spectacle.

Once they're out in the street, the troublemaker makes a sudden, jerky move to draw his firearm, with Hickok interfering.
Whisper doesn't hesitate however, snapping a single shot at her tormentor's head, blood blasting everywhere. Just as she starts to smirk to herself, there's a crack of a second shot behind her. Whisper spins to see the second troublemaker has shot himself in the foot with some unseen assistance from Holliday. His gun lies on the ground. "You know, he was none too handy with that pea shooter.", Doc smirks.

Whisper slowly aims at the second tough's head and despite his pleas, ends him as well. She goes to the local carpenter and apologetically pays for simple coffins for the pair.
Once "alone" again in her rented room, Lily angrily scolds Hickok for the perceived interference in her duel. "I had him, Bill, I HAD him! You didn't have to knock him!"
"Whoa whoa now, lass, I was just watchin'..."
"No, you tapped him and threw him off."
Holliday chimes in with, "He was just bein' protective, ma'am."
"Don't start, Doc.", Lily grumbles.
"I did just save your life, you know."
"Thank you.", Lily acknowledges, deciding that it's time to head back to the Haunt.
After another month's journey back home and several more gunfights, When did this place become home, I wonder?, Lily and the specters are back at the Haunt. The young woman has grown her hair longer with Belle Starr's encouragement and has gone through a late teen growth spurt, making her quite a bit taller than she left. After a few days recovery, Lily goes to get some mostly discreet cybernetics installed. Once they're installed, she goes back to the Haunt to recover.

To the Haunt
Whisper
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 280/400
Forcefield 0/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Previous

Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest