Echo: Thanatos X

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Echo: Thanatos X

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:42 am

Perception: 1d20 = 5+3=8
JiC: 1d100 = 70 // 1d20 = 2
Surveillance: 1d100 = 66/73%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 48/68%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 24/66%

In the morning, after Echo has finished his purchases and informed the Squad of his temporary absence, Echo will head to the Airfield and search out the Coronis Charter Private Hanger. He gives the Hanger a solid double-take, scouting it out before going inside.

When he is comfortable, he will approach and speak to whomever appears in-charge. "I am told you are expecting me by an associate of mine, Mr. Ernhardt."
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Echo: Thanatos X

Postby SNAFU » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 am

An armored transport jet and its flight team are waiting for Echo. They confirm his identity and usher him aboard the craft. They seat him in a private cabin and he is alone for the duration of the trip.
The flight is several hours, when they begin their descent it appears they are landing in the middle of nowhere.
Underground hangars open as they finish their approach revealing a huge facility under the desert. The doors open and Echo exits the plane. Almost immediately the craft begins to take off leaving him in the hanagar

Echo is met by a friendly 'curtesy' 'bot and taken through the facility.

"Welcome to X-Sector, I am Hector your facility liason."

He is taken past strange laboratories and bizarre machinery to a comfortable living quarters deep within the facility.

Please make yourself at home. Do not hesitate to ask me for anything you might want. Hector proclaims and then stands motionless, in expectation.

Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Echo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 11+3=14
JiC: 1d100 = 92 // 1d20 = 4
Skills
Surveillance: 1d100 = 52/73%
Intelligence: 1d100 = 24/66%

Echo watches the plan load up his newly acquired power armor and then boards it without question, not saying a word over the flight as he wolf drone sits ever-watchful at his feet. He looks down on the barren desert with a unenthusiastic gaze, thinking, This is no different than the frozen tundra planes, just another wasteland full of secrets.

When they land, he exits with his wolf, and ensures his armor system is unloaded before it takes off. When the courtesy bot greets Echo, the assassin glances at his own drone before speaking, "Hector. Where will my armor system be secured, should I need access to it?" Echo remarks before exiting the hanger with Hector.

Following, he glances at the strange laboratories and slows his walk to study them while speaking to Hector. "Hector. What is the purpose of this facility, how many lab rats occupy these containment shells?" Echo questions while passing through the laboratories.

Hector wrote:"Please make yourself at home. Do not hesitate to ask me for anything you might want."

When they arrive at the comfortable living quarters, Echo motions the drone to take a spot in the corner of the room with a good eye on the entryway while turning to face Hector. "Hector. How long until I meet with facility or lab personnel to discuss my purpose here?"
Character Details

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Echo wrote:
, "Hector. Where will my armor system be secured, should I need access to it?" Echo remarks before exiting the hanger with Hector.

"Oh, I'm sure you won't need it, we are in one of the most secure facilities on Earth. We can store it in a storage space near your quarters."

Following, he glances at the strange laboratories and slows his walk to study them while speaking to Hector. "Hector. What is the purpose of this facility, how many lab rats occupy these containment shells?" Echo questions while passing through the laboratories.

"They are not so much lab rats as relics of a previous age; There are 213 of them.

We are in what is known as X-Sector, a part of a larger facility called Area 51. Many of the designs for Bandito products were discovered and used in the robotics section. Area 51 is Bandito Arms most important secret. Very few people outside the company know of it.

Within the operation, X Sector is even further restricted and secret. It houses the genetic research section of Area 51. It's existence is known to only a handful of people. A.I.s and drones handle most of the operations here. "

Echo wrote: "Hector. How long until I meet with facility or lab personnel to discuss my purpose here?"

"We wanted to give you time to settle in, but if your ready I will take you to Mother now."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Echo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 11+3=14
JiC: 1d100 = 11 // 1d20 = 3
Intelligence: 1d100 = 62/66% (Critical Thinking)

Hector wrote:"Oh, I'm sure you won't need it, we are in one of the most secure facilities on Earth. We can store it in a storage space near your quarters."

Echo continues walking without a verbal response but nods his head in approval.

Hector wrote:"They are not so much lab rats as relics of a previous age; There are 213 of them.

We are in what is known as X-Sector, a part of a larger facility called Area 51. Many of the designs for Bandito products were discovered and used in the robotics section. Area 51 is Bandito Arms most important secret. Very few people outside the company know of it.

Within the operation, X Sector is even further restricted and secret. It houses the genetic research section of Area 51. It's existence is known to only a handful of people. A.I.s and drones handle most of the operations here. "

When the term "Area 51" is used Echo nearly looses his composure, The Area 51? This just got even more interesting. He remarks to himself.

Hector wrote:"We wanted to give you time to settle in, but if your ready I will take you to Mother now."

Echo nods, "Mother, I can only assume, is the A.I. responsible for this portion of the facility, then? ..." He pauses and waits for an answer before continuing, "I am not someone who settles in, I need no overt comfort, though I do require a certain degree of security." Echo remarks, looking to his newly acquired spotter. "Take me to see mother now."
Character Details

Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:47 pm

An elevator ride to what is labelled "Level 0" later and Echo is introduced to Mother.
"I am in fact a triumvirate hivemind, an A.I. construct merged with the transferred consciousnesses of two scientists of the golden age. You have come for a purpose, let us not waste any time then.

The program is twofold; body and mind. Answer these questions so that I may tailor it to your 'tastes'.

You are the combatant. When facing a fortified enemy of superior numbers what are the combatant's ideal assets?

IE: Surprise, time, firepower, intel, etc.

You are a settler of a bygone age. As such you watch over your livestock armed with a rifle and limited ammunition. You are preparing to bring your wife and child to the settlement but currently live alone. To reach your closest neighbor takes a day's ride on your horse. One morning you discover a number of your animals missing. The next a few more. When investigating you discover tracks and other evidence that suggests a pack of wolves are descending from the nearby mountains at night to feed on your herd and retreating by dawn. You do not know why the wolves have begun doing this now and not in any of the previous years since the founding of your homestead. The mountains are more than half a day's ride away and remain unfamiliar to you. How do you deal with this problem?"
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Echo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16+3=19
JiC: 1d100 = 90 // 1d20 = 15
Intelligence: 1d100 = 22/66% (Aid in answering question)
Tracking, Animals: 1d100 = 52/58% (Aid in answering question)
Tracking, Humanoid: 1d100 = 14/73% (Aid in answering question)

Mother wrote:"I am in fact a triumvirate hivemind, an A.I. construct merged with the transferred consciousnesses of two scientists of the golden age. You have come for a purpose, let us not waste any time then.

The program is twofold; body and mind. Answer these questions so that I may tailor it to your 'tastes'.

You are the combatant. When facing a fortified enemy of superior numbers what are the combatant's ideal assets?

Echo nods his head to the superior intellect, answering. "Intelligence, Stealth, Time and Power. As the combatant, I would need to know the defenses to the best of my ability, determine the best way to infiltrate the enemy, using time and intelligence, I find either the leader of the enemy or the command center. Severe the head, watch the forces crumble." He states in his usual tactical analysis mode before adding, "To be put simply, if I need to fight through guards and defenses to reach my target then I have done something wrong." Echo answers, displaying his need for stealth and a proper application of power and intelligence.

Mother wrote:You are a settler of a bygone age. As such you watch over your livestock armed with a rifle and limited ammunition. You are preparing to bring your wife and child to the settlement but currently live alone. To reach your closest neighbor takes a day's ride on your horse. One morning you discover a number of your animals missing. The next a few more. When investigating you discover tracks and other evidence that suggests a pack of wolves are descending from the nearby mountains at night to feed on your herd and retreating by dawn. You do not know why the wolves have begun doing this now and not in any of the previous years since the founding of your homestead. The mountains are more than half a day's ride away and remain unfamiliar to you. How do you deal with this problem?"

"I would first gather the livestock into the shelter that a settler would have and using whatever resources I had, prevent other animals from entering. If need be, I would dismantle several of the bullets to gain their powder and use that to create improvised explosives to my best understanding. Once the livestock is secured, I would let another night pass only this time I would do my best to maintain positive watch over the shelter. If no animal was taken, then the shelter would be deemed secure enough with food and water and I would then gather what little ammunition I had and investigate the mountain. My investigation here might take more than a half-day which is where the security of the livestock need be prevalent. If my investigation turned that the wolves were acting under no influence but their own, I would attempt to remove the Alpha; this would damage the strength of the pack and they'd be less inclined to venture. If it turned out they were being driven by others, I would interfere and remove them, allowing the wolves to return to their normal habitat." He answers before adding, "To put it simply, if I need more than one bullet per target then I have done something wrong." Echo finishes, expressing his idea of not wasting ammunition while also gathering as much intel as he would need before making a decision on who is put to death.
Character Details

Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:06 pm

"You are imprisoned in a maximum security prison, there is no hope of escape. The only way for you to get out is learn a highly intricate and complicated skill, an extremely technical, alien language for example. A tutor will be necessary and even then you must study with assistance everyday for many years. You may may choose the form of your tutor; who is your ideal guide?"

Describe and name your ideal mentor's personality and form.

"You are the combatant. You must face an opponent that is in every way your equal.
The odds of this death match are perfectly even. You get to choose the form of combat.
What do you choose?"

Ex.: Muskets at dawn. Dogfight with F-18s. Bare-knuckle boxing... etc.

"Which of your skills or abilities to you value most? Which do you lack?"

list your three most important skills. list three skills or areas of knowledge you wish you had.

"What are your weaknesses? What is keeping you from reaching your goal?"

Anything not included above.

"Gods and dragons walk the Earth. Magic is real and it's power equals any known to man. You are a child of a mundane and technical society. Great machines and technological advancements have allowed you to thrive in this shattered world. Given the existence and importance of the supernatural, which can be as much an asset as a threat, how do you choose to deal with this reality?

1. I embrace the unknown.

2. I'll stick with steel, thanks."
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Echo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:05 am

Perception: 1d20 = 12 + 3
JiC: 1d100 = 58 // 1d20 = 11
Intelligence: 1d100 = 7/66% (Aid in answering question)

"You are imprisoned in a maximum security prison, there is no hope of escape. The only way for you to get out is learn a highly intricate and complicated skill, an extremely technical, alien language for example. A tutor will be necessary and even then you must study with assistance everyday for many years. You may may choose the form of your tutor; who is your ideal guide?"

"An ideal tutor needs confidence in their field, I cannot learn from someone who is inept. They would be able to acknowledge my successes and critically review my failures. My hand need not be held, nor my work over-stated. I learn well from any gender or race." Echo states but then nods his head to the right before adding, "That said, my ideal tutor is someone I can aspire to transcend. It would not be a foe or a form of indentured servitude, there would be mutual respect; otherwise I would kill them. They would come in the form of something I could appreciate or associate with that shares similar physical traits. In my time, I have learned that female mentors tend to apply better inspiration and discipline, whereas males seem to always make it a rivalry."

"You are the combatant. You must face an opponent that is in every way your equal.
The odds of this death match are perfectly even. You get to choose the form of combat.
What do you choose?"

"Either through a knife, hand to hand fight to the death or a valley hunt where we apply all our skills to hunt the other while avoiding being hunted." Echo states

"Which of your skills or abilities to you value most? Which do you lack?"

"My most valuable assets are my tactical awareness (Intelligence), see while not being seen (Prowl/Stealth), and the ability to avoid an ambush or trap. These, while used in conjunction with others, allow me to retain the tactical superiority in overwatch." Echo remarks about his strengths.

"I lack any knowledge on magic or psionics (Lores and others), barely able to piece enough together to determine their threat levels. I also understand little to in explosives or engineering (Demolitions, Engineering skills). These used together would only better my advantages."

"What are your weaknesses? What is keeping you from reaching your goal?"

"My co-reliance on others and inability to content in close quarters and more." Echo states, regarding that he is a simple mundane among near god-like beings.

"Gods and dragons walk the Earth. Magic is real and it's power equals any known to man. You are a child of a mundane and technical society. Great machines and technological advancements have allowed you to thrive in this shattered world. Given the existence and importance of the supernatural, which can be as much an asset as a threat, how do you choose to deal with this reality?

Echo nearly smiles, "I am a child of the mundane who strikes fear into the greatest of supernaturals. I embrace the unknown, a target is a target and the target will die. I cannot stand toe to toe with a dragon nor a god, I can help give them pause. This is, in my opinion, my greatest weakness. Take away my rifle, I am far less able to provide overwatch and distribute death. The rifle I own is a key factor to who I am, however it should not be the defining factor."
Character Details

Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby SNAFU » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Echo is led to a large tube in which he was placed. Soon he is enveloped by a warm goo. Next he falls unconscious.

For the next four months Echo's body was reconditioned by retroviruses and enhanced sing psynetic implants. His consciousness is not left to drift. Instead he is sent to boot camp where he spends the equivalent of years honing his skills. Finally, a completely separate entity is implanted in his head! He not only had a voice in his head but he has a library of technical knowledge at his disposal. When he emerges he is a new man. He is offered a flight back to Merctown. Mother tells him to expect a call someday as he leaves.

Contact Details
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum