Skyfallen

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Skyfallen: A Discreet Visit.

The Haunt is quiet, although everyone is in, the door buzzer will be heard by everyone. To armored men, 'borgs likely have come, claiming to represent Jacius Larkent. Everyone, will know the name, despite being a relative newcomer to Merctown. A big-wig from Ishpeming and likely the richest man in town. The produce a holographic communicator and soon the living image of Larkent himself is projected in front of the Spooks.

Image

"Good evening, I apologize for the elaborate precautions. I am dealing in information of international significance. I need a team of your capabilities to act on my behalf, while maintaining plausible deniability. Simply put, I will pay any amount your require, within reason. I have learned that an unidentified object of significant size has crashed to Earth from an apparently transorbital altitude. A map is being provided.

Image

Find, secure and retrieve the object or components of value. You have less than 24 hours before other parties begin similar operations. You must leave now. What will this cost me?"
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 17
JIC D20: 1d20 = 8; D100: 1d100 = 34

Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
SNAFU wrote:The Haunt is quiet, although everyone is in, the door buzzer will be heard by everyone. To armored men, 'borgs likely have come, claiming to represent Jacius Larkent. Everyone, will know the name, despite being a relative newcomer to Merctown. A big-wig from Ishpeming and likely the richest man in town. The produce a holographic communicator and soon the living image of Larkent himself is projected in front of the Spooks.

"Good evening, I apologize for the elaborate precautions. I am dealing in information of international significance. I need a team of your capabilities to act on my behalf, while maintaining plausible deniability. Simply put, I will pay any amount your require, within reason. I have learned that an unidentified object of significant size has crashed to Earth from an apparently transorbital altitude. A map is being provided.

Find, secure and retrieve the object or components of value. You have less than 24 hours before other parties begin similar operations. You must leave now. What will this cost me?"

Carl leaves a neutral expression on his face as he begins to speak to the holographic image of Mr. Larkent. "Ah, Mr. Larkent, I expected that we would do business at sometime, but I did not expected it to be this soon and with this much urgency. The lack of preparation is a problem and mostly likely could put me and my team in unnecessary damage that would not be an issue if we prepared normally. If it was anyone else but you asking I would decline the job, but even the increased risk can be over looked for the right price. Before I set a price, maybe you can answer a few questions while my team assembles." Although not necessary to communication and clearly just for show, Carl touches the radio in his ear and begins to speak to all the members. "Everyone, this is Carl, we have a time-sensitive mission from a very generous benefactor. Everyone needs to drop whatever you are doing and return to the Haunt now! We are leaving as soon as everyone gets here, but if you take too long, we will be leaving without you."

Carl returns his attention back to the client. "When you say object of significant size, how large are we talking? Since you said 'crashed to earth' I am guessing it is some type of vessel, hopefully an non-occupied vessel. The size of the object will determine if we can bring it back or valuable components/objects from it. My biggest concern is the other parties, are any of them from Merctown and are we likely to have to go against any of the other mercs from the town? I have no problem taking down other mercs, but I would hate to tarnish our standing in town if we had to wipe out another of the town's organizations." No matter what Mr. Larkent says, Carl says, "OK, lets just do it this way. You deposit 20 million in the Spook Squads team fund at the Mertown State Bank now. If you and I feel that what we bring back is worth more than the 20 million, you can pay the difference then, if it is worth less than the 20 million, then we will accept the difference as labor cost." Before the client can answer, Carl says, "Now that the pleasantries are over, you must have some idea what you want from this thing? It is best to gives us or at least me an idea of what you truly want out of it so that we can make it our priority?" Carl waits to see what Mr. Larkent says as the others begin to arrive.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:16 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 68
PER: 1d20+8 = 9

After successful delivery of their prototypes to Lung, Vheld will make a pit stop at the mages' guild to renew his standard sustain spell and energy spheres, before returning to the Haunt. There he will largely remain cloistered in his room until someone needs something from him. He ignores the buzzer, but at Carl's summons the shifter will rouse himself and glide downstairs.

SNAFU wrote:"Good evening, I apologize for the elaborate precautions. I am dealing in information of international significance. I need a team of your capabilities to act on my behalf, while maintaining plausible deniability. Simply put, I will pay any amount your require, within reason. I have learned that an unidentified object of significant size has crashed to Earth from an apparently transorbital altitude. A map is being provided."
Vheld cocks an interested eyebrow but remains silent. Hardly the most advantageous way to begin negotiations. No doubt Carl will milk this one for all he's worth. Having little use for money at this juncture, Vheld is content to sit back and listen to the briefing, though he does visibly perk up at the mention of the object being transorbital in nature. I had thought that this world effectively had no space travel capability. Fascinating.

After Carl has asked his questions, Vheld will simply add "Do you have any visual or sensor data you could share with us regarding this object? However you became aware of its existence. It may give us useful information as to its origins and capabilities." And true value.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
SDC: 122/164
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Whisper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 19;JIC d100: 1d100 = 88

Lily is still enjoying a new romance with Lulu when Carl's radio message comes in over her headjack. Her expression changes from one of restrained happiness to her more usual, serious look. "I...I gotta go, Lu. Work." The young woman pauses and bashfully utters, "I've-I've been thinking. M-maybe I should find what happened to my folks. D-do...could you help me? Please?"

Lulu nods and tries to waylay Lily's reluctance to leave. "Oh, that's great! I'll do what I can while you're gone. Hey, you'll be just fine. Just don't take too long."

"Well maybe you should give me a reason to hurry back?", Lily smirks.
Lulu responds with some flirtatious moves and a passionate, knee-weakening kiss. "Come back soon, lover.", she says sweetly.

"I'll try. Don't wear out my robot.", Lily waves, going to get ready in the armory.

The trio of spirits hover around as Whisper shrugs into her armor and straps weapons on.
"Things sure have changed since our time.", Bill mumbles to Lily, trying to be tactful.
"Scandalous! Simply scandalous, young woman!", exclaims Belle.
"They do seem to enjoy each other's company...", Doc leers.
"And you enjoy it a little much, degenerate!", Belle responds.

Whisper stops what she's doing and frowns at the ghosts. "Wait, you weren't watching, were ya?"
Bill shakes his head. Belle glares at Doc. Doc chuckles with a bit of a smile then tries to profess innocence.

I can't think 'bout this now. Gotta focus. Revolvers, check. TX-6s, check. NG-PB713s, check. Ammo, check. Melee weapons, check.

Whisper taps her radio to let Carl know that she's on the way to meet up with him.
"Whisper here. I'm already in the Haunt. Where should I find you?"
"Alright, spooky spooks, follow me.", Whisper says, going to meet up with the more senior Spooks.

"What's the situation? Where are we goin'?", she asks Carl once he's available.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 39

Minerva keys her hand radio to check in on her new pet project, The Real Cactus Ranch. Purchasing the TW Telepathic Speaker was the best way for them to communicate with her long distance. "Hola, this is Minerva. You are sure that you do not require any more materials?"
"Hello Miss Minerva! We are eternally grateful for our new habitat. The farm is thriving and we are all very happy. We do not require any materials at this time. Your hired help has been more than enough to keep us safe. We are a week away from getting our first batch on the market!"
"Understood. Keep safe. And tell Paco I said besos y cosquillas."
"Yes Miss Minerva. Thank you again."

Hanging up the radio, Minerva lies back in her bed, surrounded by the scents and sights of fresh flowers as well as a few votive candles, posters and a little relaxing music.

Twenty-seven minutes into her chill session, she gets the call from Carl.
Carl wrote:"Everyone, this is Carl, we have a time-sensitive mission from a very generous benefactor. Everyone needs to drop whatever you are doing and return to the Haunt now! We are leaving as soon as everyone gets here, but if you take too long, we will be leaving without you."


"Por supuesto." Minerva rolls out of bed and blows her candles out. Doffing her robe, she slides into her Stalker suit, then her Psionic Armor. Getting fully kitted out in her newly acquired equipment, both magical and mundane, she gets herself fully ready for a mission and then heads downstairs.

"From space? What could it be? And what could be inside?" Minerva holds any other questions for the senior Spooks and lets them do the negotiating, just sitting back and making sure she is ready to pitch in for her first official mission.

Translations
"besos y cosquillas"="kisses and tickles"
"Por supuesto"="Of course"
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Echo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:30 am

Perception: 1d20 = 9+15=24
JiC: 1d100 = 99 // 1d20 = 5
Skills
Intelligence: 1d100 = 87/88% (Critical Thinking and Deduction, regarding the offer and the Borgs.)
Streetwise: 1d100 = 14/56% (Comment on hiring TACTE Squads) (TACTE = Tactical Acquisition, Containment and Threat Extermination Squad)
Prowl: 1d100 = 1(Crit)/83% (Arrive on the ground floor unnoticed. Always light on his feet)


The past few months have been especially trying and beneficial for the headhunter as he learns to live with both a powerful, yet unbecoming artifact and a whole new identity within him. The only thing left is to field test all of this. Echo thinks to himself as the end of the months draws near, his robotic wolf drone standing stationary at the entrance to his chambers in The Haunt, coded Crest. The unbecoming Iron Crown has a expertly fashioned attache to both his EBA and his Power Armor, fitting snug inside the newly fashioned helms that keep it under the protection of the armor. He dons his helm and runs a check on his EBA functionality.

You've done remarkably well in adapting to this. The real test will come up during the next contract.
So long as you operate to expectations. Battle Adviser and Cyber Warfare Suite.
Don't worry about me. Mother doesn't broker failure. Come, let us run through another simulation--

LynX's comment is cut short as the buzzer is heard from the Haunt main entrance. Echo scowls and stands, Crest, the robotic wolf, stands as well and follows Echo. Echo makes his way down the Haunt and sees Carl and Vheld greeting a transparent stranger and two armored guards. Echo stands in the corner of the main entrance room and watches the encounter with interest, as it seems that the middle man is phased out. His eyes narrow as he studies the two physical individuals who are standing in his home. Cyborgs, similar to the one who joined our squad some time ago and proved too weak. Protecting the image of the newest, wealthiest man in town. Good. Study friend or foe and have a plan of action for each. Echo ignores LynX's comment and remains fixated on the discussion.

Jacius Larkent wrote:"Good evening, I apologize for the elaborate precautions. I am dealing in information of international significance. I need a team of your capabilities to act on my behalf, while maintaining plausible deniability. Simply put, I will pay any amount your require, within reason. I have learned that an unidentified object of significant size has crashed to Earth from an apparently trans-orbital altitude. A map is being provided. Find, secure and retrieve the object or components of value. You have less than 24 hours before other parties begin similar operations. You must leave now. What will this cost me?"

Echo cocks an eyebrow at the man after discussing his terms. He has no intention on finding anyone else, we're either his last resort or his only choice. Based on an offer such as that, this one just gave us a blank check and the target before an agreement was made. He has not negotiated with people such as us before, it seems. Echo thinks to himself as he listens to Carl and Vheld respond. His internal radio then clips as he hears Carl's voice but makes no motion. He queues his radio immediately, "Echo on site. Main Entrance." Echo states, giving the location to Whisper and keeping his attention on the benefactor. He will visibly nod to any of the team as they approach/return or join them and remain quiet until negotiations are completed.
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:19 am

"When you say object of significant size, how large are we talking? Since you said 'crashed to earth' I am guessing it is some type of vessel, hopefully an non-occupied vessel. The size of the object will determine if we can bring it back or valuable components/objects from it. My biggest concern is the other parties, are any of them from Merctown and are we likely to have to go against any of the other mercs from the town? I have no problem taking down other mercs, but I would hate to tarnish our standing in town if we had to wipe out another of the town's organizations."


"My sources explained it to be several times larger than any known craft, travelling at extreme speeds. Unless you are able to operate the vehicle, if that is what it indeed is, it is likely to be necessary to prioritize and salvage components.

Your initial contact will likely by with the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry or enterprising individuals from the Baronies.

After that response from the Coalition and private interests are a certainty. Almost certainly other groups from Merctown will be dispatched."




No matter what Mr. Larkent says, Carl says, "OK, lets just do it this way. You deposit 20 million in the Spook Squads team fund at the Mertown State Bank now. If you and I feel that what we bring back is worth more than the 20 million, you can pay the difference then, if it is worth less than the 20 million, then we will accept the difference as labor cost." Before the client can answer, Carl says, "Now that the pleasantries are over, you must have some idea what you want from this thing? It is best to gives us or at least me an idea of what you truly want out of it so that we can make it our priority?"


"This payment structure is acceptable, consider it done. I believe this will be an incredible technological asset. I wish to control it. That which I cannot control, I would wish destroyed.


"Do you have any visual or sensor data you could share with us regarding this object? However you became aware of its existence. It may give us useful information as to its origins and capabilities." And true value.


"A nexus near the Wilk's complex erupted into an enormous Rift from which the object in question emerged. It's variable trajectory and velocity determine it's technological nature. To clarify, it is expected no major response will be forthcoming within the next 24 hours. My agent at Wilk's has stifled the information. Other than them we do no believe any other near by force has the capabilities to determine the nature of the object. However, given the proximity, contact with the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry or parties from Colorado cannot be ruled out.

Image
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Whisper wrote:Whisper taps her radio to let Carl know that she's on the way to meet up with him.
"Whisper here. I'm already in the Haunt. Where should I find you?"
"What's the situation? Where are we goin'?", she asks Carl once he's available.

Carl says, "Everyone meet in the common room a soon as you arrive."
SNAFU wrote:"This payment structure is acceptable, consider it done. I believe this will be an incredible technological asset. I wish to control it. That which I cannot control, I would wish destroyed.

Carl nods his head to convey that he understands. *That makes it a lot more difficult. If it is a vessel of some type, I hope it has a reactor, blowing that up is a lot easier that trying to find other ways to destroy the thing. We will not know what we will be able to do until we get there and see what we are up against.*
SNAFU wrote:"A nexus near the Wilk's complex erupted into an enormous Rift from which the object in question emerged. It's variable trajectory and velocity determine it's technological nature. To clarify, it is expected no major response will be forthcoming within the next 24 hours. My agent at Wilk's has stifled the information. Other than them we do no believe any other near by force has the capabilities to determine the nature of the object. However, given the proximity, contact with the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry or parties from Colorado cannot be ruled out.

Carl waits for Vheld to reply or comment before offering the floor to the others that are currently present. "Since time is short and we do not have time to go through the normal preparations. If anyone have any questions for the client that might help with the success of this mission, go ahead and ask them now." *I normally would not want everyone throwing questions at a client, but the client will just have to put up with it this time, especially when you make a request on such short notice.*
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 14 [+3 involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 9
JiC D100: 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Curious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 28

Lahz steps into the room flanked by Tony the 10-ft Tiger (who looks Grrrrrreat!) and offers an appraising gaze to the pair of Borgs and the holographic projection. The Tech listens carefully to the Larkent's pitch musing quietly to himself, **A very nicely done holographic projector he has there ... very crisp lines. I'm impressed. Ok, so something large flew through a Rift, and apparently crashed after changing course a couple times. That does suggest a craft. If it's operable we may be able to just move it. Though if there's tech worth keeping I damn well may want to keep a copy for ourselves ...**

When Carl opens up the room to questions Lahz inquires, "No issues with trying to negate any others from the CS or whoever from grabbing this thing, we should well be able to prioritize and salvage components. Extracting large useable tech may be difficult, if we need to destroy it, we'll want to bring along a rather significant cache of explosives ..."
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 66
PER: 1d20+8 = 26

SNAFU wrote:"My sources explained it to be several times larger than any known craft, travelling at extreme speeds. Unless you are able to operate the vehicle, if that is what it indeed is, it is likely to be necessary to prioritize and salvage components."
Vheld conceals a smile. With luck, Lahz will be up to the challenge. His good humor quickly fades, though. If this is technology from the Three Galaxies, we'll need to be careful who we allow to get their hands on it. I suppose an arms dealer is far from the worst possibility.

SNAFU wrote:"Your initial contact will likely by with the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry or enterprising individuals from the Baronies."
Vheld snorts contemptuously. We killed a goddess. If any flea-bitten bandits camping out on the great plains try to dispute our claim, they will sorely regret it.

SNAFU wrote:"After that response from the Coalition and private interests are a certainty. Almost certainly other groups from Merctown will be dispatched."
Vheld frowns. A slightly more concerning possibility.

SNAFU wrote:"A nexus near the Wilk's complex erupted into an enormous Rift from which the object in question emerged. It's variable trajectory and velocity determine it's technological nature. To clarify, it is expected no major response will be forthcoming within the next 24 hours. My agent at Wilk's has stifled the information. Other than them we do no believe any other near by force has the capabilities to determine the nature of the object. However, given the proximity, contact with the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry or parties from Colorado cannot be ruled out.
Vheld purses his lips and ponders Larkent's response. Potentially a rift drive that went off course, but at least as likely to be any standard FTL that encountered a random rift or something equally calamitous. He shrugs and turns to Carl. "Lahz and Erg seem like our best bets for getting the ship operational. We should deploy to the area without delay- get a determination on whether the ship can be prepared, and if so in what time frame. While they are doing that, any of the rest of us with some sort of technological aptitude can do an inventory and figure out which parts of the ship to prioritize if we need to raze it." He flexes his hands. "It may be worth fortifying the area and defending it against the Coalition and other mercenary groups for a short time if doing so will mean the difference between salvaging some or all of the vessel. Either way, time is of the essence."

Lahz wrote:"No issues with trying to negate any others from the CS or whoever from grabbing this thing, we should well be able to prioritize and salvage components. Extracting large useable tech may be difficult, if we need to destroy it, we'll want to bring along a rather significant cache of explosives ..."
Vheld nods his agreement. "My magics can assist in the endeavor, but even I am unlikely to be able to destroy and entire spaceship on my own." Turning back to Larkent, Vheld adds "Do you have any estimates as to how large the vessel is?"

Once his last question is answered, Vheld will indicate that he and his menagerie are ready to go. He will assemble them outside the Haunt and prepare to use MercTown's nexus to rift to the crash site (assuming that's the plan).
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
SDC: 122/164
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa).
ISP: 230/230 (Slithn), 90/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 4 1000/1000, in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa

Talismans
Brokswa armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld armor- 3/3 charges left
Vheld tongues- 3/3 charges left
Bel'Dar armor- 3/3 charges left
Sshir armor- 3/3 charges left
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+9 = 16
JIC D20: 1d20 = 4; D100: 1d100 = 72

Condition: Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring):Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (4 remaining), 15 min duration); (Sunglasses)Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Vheld wrote:Turning back to Larkent, Vheld adds "Do you have any estimates as to how large the vessel is?"

Once his last question is answered, Vheld will indicate that he and his menagerie are ready to go. He will assemble them outside the Haunt and prepare to use MercTown's nexus to rift to the crash site (assuming that's the plan).

Carl waits for Larkent to answer Vheld last question and then looks to the others to make sure that no one else has anything to say. When all questions are asked and answered, Carl says to Larkent. "We have a deal, please deposit the agreed advance payment of 20 mil in the Bank while we make our last preparations. Since we will not be bringing whatever we recover back to your estate, how do you want us to contact you and where do you want us to make the delivery?"

Once the men/borgs carrying the holographic communicator depart and the team is ready to leave, Carl checks the squad's bank account to ensure that the deposit was make before moving the team out.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 60/29% Fail by 31%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 7
Conditions: Metamorphosis: Human (15+hours)

Vino listens to the mission parameters and the team as they haggle over the minor details of the mission. From his spot, Vino looks at the map provided and makes a few mental notes to himself about locations before musing on the possible threats to the Spook Squad. I know nothing really of these groups save for a few snippets of memories of the Shadow Dragon O-Koss still in my mind. I'm certain that we will be able to handle anything that comes for us... save maybe the Coallition, O-Koss was especially worried about them. Vino looks to the borgs for a moment and sighs. Why would anyone do something like that to themselves. Vino thinks as he shakes his head. Once Carl gives the team the go signal, Vino will get up and sling his backpack over his shoulders. Off to another adventure.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:22 pm

"We have a deal, please deposit the agreed advance payment of 20 mil in the Bank while we make our last preparations. Since we will not be bringing whatever we recover back to your estate, how do you want us to contact you and where do you want us to make the delivery?"


"The money is in your group account. Once you are ready to deliver your slavage, you will contact my agents on the following secured channel (he gives you the frequency), they will then give you coordinates for a secret location south-west of Whykin where you can make the delivery. "

Vheld adds "Do you have any estimates as to how large the vessel is?"


"Nothing precise, very large, or larger than any known craft is all we've managed to gather."
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Whisper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 3;JIC d100: 1d100 = 18

"Am I bringing my Mecha-knight on this?", Lily asks rather bluntly. If not, I hope someone will let me ride with 'em.

She dutifully pre-sets one of her headjack channels to that which Larkent gave. "Should I get some speed-loaders on the way out?", she asks Carl.

"What on God's green Earth is a speed-loader?", asks Bill, his phantasmal form materializing before Lily.
"It's, like, a thingy you use to reload a revolver faster."
The ghosts look at each other, completely confused, then finally Starr smacks Lily upside the head. "OW! The hell?!"
"If you're mocking us, that's rude," she says, "but if you're not, then of course you should, girl!"
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Erg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6 JIC: 1d20 = 1 , 1d100 = 64

Erg watches and listens quietly but carefully and intently.

Interesting. A large craft would seem to suggest it had a equally large ship yard. A large ship yard would equally suggest large resources of the builders. We don't yet know much else. Definately agree with Vheld the 1st step to go get a look to know what we are dealing with. Then we can figure what our options are.

He is ready to go.
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 56 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19
JiC D100: 1d100 = 69

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Wary/Curious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 91

Lahz waits for Larkent to leave then turns to Carl & Vheld, "I sent Ray to pick up a few items including around 200lbs of that Naruni-High-Explosive (K-Hex) that they always have clips showing on their showroom screens. My understanding from Thorn was that you were skilled with explosives ... I'm not unless they're attached to warheads hehe ... When he gets back, I'm ready to go. Are we taking the Cargo Hauler? or Individual vehicles only? If we take individual vehicles and have to move the ship that came down, it could come to leaving our some ... In the Hauler, well it's bigger, but I can leave Ray to take it to a drop point we pre-designate. Just wish I'd put some damn weapons onto it ... at least pop-out turrets to blast incoming missiles ... Your call of course. If Larkent's right about it being a ship, it might damn well have hostiles who may not be thrilled about our securing it for our employer ... What'll we do then?"
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Erg » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:12 am

Rolls Carried
Lahz wrote:Just wish I'd put some damn weapons onto it ... at least pop-out turrets to blast incoming missiles ... Your call of course.


Sense Lahz was addressing Carl & Vheld , Erg will leave it to them to reply.

Than when not interrupting Erg would comment to Lahz, "We have two ARC-2 Night Hawk automated defense rail gun units. We could quickly just wield them to the top of the APC."

Not an ideal solution. But, they are already pretty much ready to go. They already have most of the work done and built in. Sensors, Weapon, Amo drum, power supply, AI automated proximity defense mode, remote radio on/off, etc. We could worry about tweaking and improving them later when we have more time. But, for now if Lahz did one and I did one, we could probably do a basic simple weld job like that in less than an hour.

GMG-p.141
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Echo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Perception 98% (103%): 1d100 = 1(Crit) || 1d20+15 = 20
JiC: 1d100 = 55 // 1d20 = 3
Intelligence: 1d100 = 19/88%

Echo has no real questions for the client and waits for a moment before addressing Carl and Vheld, "I have no questions for the client, and am ready to depart. I need only secure what is being kept with the Defenders." Echo states looks to Whisper, "Considering the potential threats, your Mecha would be welcome." he adds and barring any other orders, will head out to recovery his larger items and then meet for departure.

During his prep time, he will discuss possible avenues to help with LynX.
Regarding the potential threats during this contract, are you able to run interdiction on the first responders, those being the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry or the Baronies? Feed them false reports,
locations or otherwise to allot for extra time?
Echo mentally queries with LynX
Echo, Professional Sharpshooter and Assassin
Character Details
H.P.: 54/54 | S.D.C.: 62/62

Constant Conditions: Multi-optic Eye (+1 Strike) | Amplified Hearing and Sound Filtration (+1 Parry/+2 Dodge/+3 Initiative)

Weapons: NE-75H Shoulder Cannon | Range: Laser: 6000' Heavy, 4000' Light| Damage: 2d4x10+20MD Heavy, 1d4x10+10 Light | RoF: Single Shot, Equal to H2H APM | Payload: Heavy E-Clip 8/8, Light E-Clip 20/20 | Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot

Drones: DV-39 Wolf Pack Robot Drone: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 90/90| Front Legs: R: 95/95 L: 95/95| Back Legs: L: 95/95 R: 95/95| Main Body: 200/200

Armor: Silent Shadow Power Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Head: 80/80| Arms: R: 60/60 L: 60/60| Legs: L: 80/80 R: 80/80| Main Body: 190/190| Wings: R: 32/32 L: 32/32
NE-CW20 Camo Variable Armor: N-F50A Force Field: 160/160 | Helmet: 40/40| Arms: R: 20/20 L: 20/20| Legs: L: 30/30 R: 30/30| Main Body: 80/80| Features: Changes color to match environment (1d4 melees), Masks infared and thermal (21% Chance to be detected by such devices), -20% to be detected by other means, Naruni Psionic Dampener (+2 v Psi, +1 v Possession), Preset Encrypted Spooks Frequencies
Branaghan Overcoat: Arms: L: 8/8 R: 8/8 | Legs: R: 12/12 L: 12/12 | Main Body: 28/28 | -5% to all physical skills
Camouflage, Stealth Ghillie Suit: +10 Prowl/Blend, Invisible outside of 200' from Thermal/Infared, -30% check if within 200' to spot.

Talking to LynX mentally/internally. (0040FF)
Lynx Responding mentally/internally. (8000FF)
Doppler speaking/responding mentally, internally. (FF0000)
User avatar
Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Spook Squad)


Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests