Skyfallen

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 59
JIC D20:1d20 = 7; D100: 1d100 = 79
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); ]Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)

Carl watches the Hillbillies run away from the site. *I wonder if they will ever realize that being afraid actually saved their lives.* Once the men are out of the area, Carl says, "Lets inspect their truck to see if they loaded anything of value." If anything of value is in the truck, Carl will have the item(s) moved to the APC.
Erg wrote:Assuming Erg eventually learns at least as much as was listed in previous GM post .. he will say to the others:
"It's a speed booster for faster than light travel. Very advanced stuff. This piece alone might be worth several hundred million credits to most high-tech companies like Wilks, NorthernGun, NGR, and such."

"Unless someone knows of a way to salvage this thing in record time, we will have to leave it, at least for now. Since they left the hovertruck, we are going to take it with us. We can blow it up later or used it as a diversion." *If this is any indication of the wreckage, this thing might not be flyable and will need to be destroyed.*

Carl listens to what the others have to say before seeing about starting the hovercraft and steering everyone towards their objective.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Vheld » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:12 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 75
PER: 1d100 = 41 vs. 51%

Vheld watches the looters go, satisfied that his gambit has worked and that the team's presence is still unknown. Oblivious to the 'eye in the sky', he sets down Bel'Dar and inspects the piece of tech the looters were working on. Although he might vaguely recognize contra-gravity or FTL-related tech, Vheld's interests always lay in other arenas. Once he and the others figure out that it's too heavy to move or teleport, he loses interest and lets the likes of Erg and Lahz drool over the thing.

Carl wrote:"Unless someone knows of a way to salvage this thing in record time, we will have to leave it, at least for now.
Vheld shakes his head. "I could summon a warrior horde to carry it through a rift back to MercTown, but that would severely tax my energies, and from what the others are saying it doesn't sound like this is that valuable to us. The only other thing I could do is send it into a dimensional void for a couple of months. We'd have to come back to this spot to get it later, but it'd probably be a lot easier after the main mission is done. It's not a cheap spell to cast, but unless we find a bunch more of these things my reserves should be able to handle it."

If Carl agrees with the plan, Vheld will tap one of his energy spheres and cast Void on the component ((-700 PPE, not deducted)). Either way, once their business with the device is concluded Vheld will remount Bel'Dar and resume the trip towards their objective (unless one of the others stops him).
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 3 1000/1000, 1 300/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Erg » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Rolls Carried
Carl wrote:"Unless someone knows of a way to salvage this thing in record time, we will have to leave it, at least for now. Since they left the hovertruck, we are going to take it with us. We can blow it up later or used it as a diversion.".

Erg ponders for a moment .. It's too big for any incantation I know to work directly on it .. I can accelerate my rate of time, but the incantation is too expensive to do it long enough for a while project like this (time slip) .. I could make a more energy efficient device, but that could take weeks or months .. or it's too big for the likes of the hyperbolic time chamber tent .. Maybe I would eventually be able to build a big enough tent for such , but not something I have on me right now .. and I don't know if 6x time is fast enough to satisfy Carl .. hmm .. but maybe I could make something with bent space .. like a combination of the pockets and the time hole bigger on the inside to fit such a thing , but on the outside small enough to carry .. hmm .. but we would still need to be able to move the object to put it inside .. and again time to build such .. unless Vheld teleports the dirt from under it .. or wait .. can he make a rift big enough under it for the whole thing to just fall through it and go where he sends the other end of the portal?

Erg says, "How big can our rift/portals be? I mean there are rifts bigger than this whole thing is. If a large enough rift could be created under it, gravity would do the work of pulling it through into the rift to where-ever it comes out .. Otherwise the other ideas I have would be for devices I might be able to build given enough time weeks or months, but not something I have on me to use right now."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 3 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 76

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 19

SNAFU wrote:The alien object appears to be a thruster of some kind.
Strange Alien Propulsion Unit
Dimensions:
Height: 16 feet (4.8 m).
Width: 54 feet (1 6.4 m).
Length: 48 feet (14.6 m).
Weight: 40 tons.
More info by telemechanics only
Contra-Gravity Quad-Sled:
The Contra-Gravity Quad-Sleds are four companion booster modules which allow ships to increase there faster than light speeds. This external attachment is used for long-range craft. The unit is rather large and bulky, but has the convenience of being disengaged and attached as needed.
M.D.C. by Location:
*Main Body - 3000
**External Field Arrays (2) - 500 each
*If all the M.D.C. is depleted the unit no longer functions.
**The External Field Arrays are -3 to strike due to their size. Also, if they are destroyed, the FTL speed is reduced by half.
Range: Ties into the ships core.
Speed: Boosts FTL speed by 50%
Dimensions:
Height: 16 feet (4.8 m).
Width: 54 feet (1 6.4 m).
Length: 48 feet (14.6 m).
Weight: 40 tons.

Lahz steps out of the hover trailer where he has been diligently blocking out the joys of working on tiny mechanical fusion devices in a moving non-laboratory setting (OOC: He previously indicated intent to pull SAMAS rail guns and power sources for future use).

The Psi-Tech is largely lost in his own world as he tinkers until he sees an indicator blinking from Ray who is up front piloting. We stopped again, crap when did that happen?. The Elf snatches up his beam-cannon and hops out to find the Locals(?) high-tailing it the hell out of the area, and a huge booster-looking device trying to do an impression of a plow. Lahz pads up the trench to the big device, with Tony in tow.

He receives Erg's evaluation with the urgent interest of an enraptured student and breaks into a nearly 1-ton run the last 100 meters, "Wow. Intergalactic technology. Fascinating!!! Jack is right, it's a booster. I can't tell if it is a fully contained modular system. Contragravity means it should have lift capabilities ... I wonder," the Elf places a gauntleted hand on the hull and Telemechanically checks for remote monitoring by any external systems (whether active monitoring or periodic check-ins), "It appears to be 1 of a 4 part system. I am going to see if I can get it moving. If it has onboard controls for individual maneuvering ... We might be able to re-attach it to transport a damn impressive amount of salvage."

Lahz will (barring objection) mentally reach out to evaluate and diagnose the Booster's operative systems (will it work, and at what level? 30%, 15%?), onboard controls, and remote maneuvering systems operability using:.
Machine & Electrical Diagnosis (6 ISP, 14 Min)

If the Booster is operational (and does not have any determinable storage or secure location to hole-up), Lahz will climb up on top with Tony and try to locate somewhere he can sit and the Tiger-bot can keep him in place so that The Psi-Tech can try to fire it up and get it to a stationary hover ~10ft off the ground using:
Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 110', 7 Min)

11d100 = 640
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Whisper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: 1d100 = 42

Lily briefly listens to the techie-types geek out about the new found device. Wonderful. All this way for a cargo sled., she thinks, unimpressed.

Deciding that the best use of her time is going back to scanning for threats, Whisper cycles through her suit's optics and sensors continuously. ((Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 82/65%)) While her suit seems almost motionless, her trio of ghostly tutors approach and Doc speaks.

"Well now, ma'am, what exactly are you doing at the moment?", he asks.
"Uh, scanning. Scanning for enemies.", Whisper answers softly.
"You know, you ought to rely on your own senses more.", Bill suggests.
Whisper pauses, and looks around with her own eyes while Belle merely thinks Deviant.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
Whisper

Postby Carl » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Vheld wrote:Vheld shakes his head. "I could summon a warrior horde to carry it through a rift back to MercTown, but that would severely tax my energies, and from what the others are saying it doesn't sound like this is that valuable to us. The only other thing I could do is send it into a dimensional void for a couple of months. We'd have to come back to this spot to get it later, but it'd probably be a lot easier after the main mission is done. It's not a cheap spell to cast, but unless we find a bunch more of these things my reserves should be able to handle it."

Carl is about to agree with Vheld idea to send it to a dimensional void, when he hears Lahz begin to talk.
Lahz wrote:"Wow. Intergalactic technology. Fascinating!!! Jack is right, it's a booster. I can't tell if it is a fully contained modular system. Contragravity means it should have lift capabilities ... I wonder," the Elf places a gauntleted hand on the hull and Telemechanically checks for remote monitoring by any external systems (whether active monitoring or periodic check-ins), "It appears to be 1 of a 4 part system. I am going to see if I can get it moving. If it has onboard controls for individual maneuvering ... We might be able to re-attach it to transport a damn impressive amount of salvage."

"OK, give it a try, but we do not have a lot of time so unless you can do what you want to try quickly, it might be best to let Vheld send it to the void and retrieve it later." Although no expression is shown on his face, Carl is eager for Lahz to succeed in his attempt to get the thing working, but if it looks like it is not working or will take a long time, Carl will turn to Vheld and have him send it to a dimensional void.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
Carl
Group Leader

Postby Vinograd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 80/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 33
Conditions: Metamorphosis: Human (6.5 hours), Sitting on the Roof of the Vehicle with his lunchable.
Statistical Info
Natural M.D.C.: 432/432
I.S.P.: 100/98
P.P.E.: 210/129
Talisman of Armor M.D.C.: 100/100 *Not Active* 3/2.
*Active* TW Dragon Flight Harness.

Detect Ambush 1d100 = 28/47%
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 76/52%

Vino is amused when the hillbillies run off. I wonder what they taste like? Vino muses as he scans the area with his metamorphosed eyes. Vino's hearing is sharp enough to hear the techs talk about the find, but the whole thing quickly becomes boring for the dragon hatchling. As Vinograd watches the area, he draws the knife he got from the now months dead slaver and begins to fiddle with it twirling it about in his hand. I wonder how long they're going to talk about the pile of machinery? Vino thinks again to himself.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 86

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 349/366
    Harvester
  • 0/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 9:45/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations

Watching the Hillbillies flee, Minerva cracks an invisible smile. You idiots have no idea what would happen if this didn't work. After they leave, Minerva joins the others (still invisible) in observing the piece of fallen technology. While she isn't even close to the level of Lahz or Erg, she was a fan of technology and had a basic understanding of how to fix some things. She takes one look at the rocket booster and says "This is way beyond me. Don't think I could carry it with my Telekinesis if I tried. And I can carry a lot." She lets the tech folks do their thing while she keeps an eye out for any more trouble.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334

NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lahz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:41 pm

SNAFU on Hangouts wrote:Reprogramming Booster is Plausible but will require: 1) hook it up to a power source, 2) reprogram/negotiate with the on-board A.I. Estimated Completion 1.5hrs

OOC: Did this estimate include Lahz's RCC ability to do mechanical fixes in 1/2 time?

Lahz wrote:Perception [39%]: Original post: 1d100 = 3 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 76

ISP: 185/191

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: Original post: 1d100 = 19

After wandering around the Booster for a while, Lahz determines the requirements to get the Booster re-activated, "It appears that the Booster isn't going to be as quick as hoped. Probably, 90 minutes, and this thing has it's own AI. Given that the AI may have distinct allegiences, it may be better to put this off until later."

((He will not use Telemechanic Mental Operation after all))
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vheld » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 5, Original post: 1d100 = 75
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 41 vs. 51%

Vheld nods at Carl's instructions and stands by while Lahz takes a crack at salvaging the anti-gravity platform. Upon hearing the psi-tech's updated timetable, Vheld glances again at Carl but agrees with the assessment that at least 90 minutes is too long to wait outside of their final destination. Vheld then draws energy from one of his spheres, chants for a few seconds, and causes the platform to vanish into a black mist ((-700 PPE)).

"That will keep it for a couple months. Let's move."
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 126/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 3 1000/1000, 1 300/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 1000/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Previous

Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum