Skyfallen

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 59
JIC D20:1d20 = 7; D100: 1d100 = 79
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); ]Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)

Carl watches the Hillbillies run away from the site. *I wonder if they will ever realize that being afraid actually saved their lives.* Once the men are out of the area, Carl says, "Lets inspect their truck to see if they loaded anything of value." If anything of value is in the truck, Carl will have the item(s) moved to the APC.
Erg wrote:Assuming Erg eventually learns at least as much as was listed in previous GM post .. he will say to the others:
"It's a speed booster for faster than light travel. Very advanced stuff. This piece alone might be worth several hundred million credits to most high-tech companies like Wilks, NorthernGun, NGR, and such."

"Unless someone knows of a way to salvage this thing in record time, we will have to leave it, at least for now. Since they left the hovertruck, we are going to take it with us. We can blow it up later or used it as a diversion." *If this is any indication of the wreckage, this thing might not be flyable and will need to be destroyed.*

Carl listens to what the others have to say before seeing about starting the hovercraft and steering everyone towards their objective.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:12 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 75
PER: 1d100 = 41 vs. 51%

Vheld watches the looters go, satisfied that his gambit has worked and that the team's presence is still unknown. Oblivious to the 'eye in the sky', he sets down Bel'Dar and inspects the piece of tech the looters were working on. Although he might vaguely recognize contra-gravity or FTL-related tech, Vheld's interests always lay in other arenas. Once he and the others figure out that it's too heavy to move or teleport, he loses interest and lets the likes of Erg and Lahz drool over the thing.

Carl wrote:"Unless someone knows of a way to salvage this thing in record time, we will have to leave it, at least for now.
Vheld shakes his head. "I could summon a warrior horde to carry it through a rift back to MercTown, but that would severely tax my energies, and from what the others are saying it doesn't sound like this is that valuable to us. The only other thing I could do is send it into a dimensional void for a couple of months. We'd have to come back to this spot to get it later, but it'd probably be a lot easier after the main mission is done. It's not a cheap spell to cast, but unless we find a bunch more of these things my reserves should be able to handle it."

If Carl agrees with the plan, Vheld will tap one of his energy spheres and cast Void on the component ((-700 PPE, not deducted)). Either way, once their business with the device is concluded Vheld will remount Bel'Dar and resume the trip towards their objective (unless one of the others stops him).
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Erg » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Rolls Carried
Carl wrote:"Unless someone knows of a way to salvage this thing in record time, we will have to leave it, at least for now. Since they left the hovertruck, we are going to take it with us. We can blow it up later or used it as a diversion.".


Erg ponders for a moment .. It's too big for any incantation I know to work directly on it .. I can accelerate my rate of time, but the incantation is too expensive to do it long enough for a while project like this (time slip) .. I could make a more energy efficient device, but that could take weeks or months .. or it's too big for the likes of the hyperbolic time chamber tent .. Maybe I would eventually be able to build a big enough tent for such , but not something I have on me right now .. and I don't know if 6x time is fast enough to satisfy Carl .. hmm .. but maybe I could make something with bent space .. like a combination of the pockets and the time hole bigger on the inside to fit such a thing , but on the outside small enough to carry .. hmm .. but we would still need to be able to move the object to put it inside .. and again time to build such .. unless Vheld teleports the dirt from under it .. or wait .. can he make a rift big enough under it for the whole thing to just fall through it and go where he sends the other end of the portal?

Erg says, "How big can our rift/portals be? I mean there are rifts bigger than this whole thing is. If a large enough rift could be created under it, gravity would do the work of pulling it through into the rift to where-ever it comes out .. Otherwise the other ideas I have would be for devices I might be able to build given enough time weeks or months, but not something I have on me to use right now."
Erg Flux
Status
HP(34) .. SDC(20) .. ISP(58) .. PPE(144/144) .. Sustain Sleep2Hr/day no eat,drink,breath (7d)
•On Person Gear, Utility Belt, Miniature PPE(180) Battery Regen10/hr , Updraft TW Shoes 8PPE 30m 50Spd
•(VS)VehicleStopper 300ft 6d6MD+KnockBack Amo1 (1reload take 4 actions)
•MiserShard 2d6MDC/SDC , Wielder heals damage dealt PFWE-p.156 , Damage Doesn't Heal Normally PFWE-p.156
•MDC Executive Business Suit Coat MDC 8 Mods: Naruni Forcefield 160MDC 12hrs regen4/min , TW Energy Conversion Field 10PPE 14min
•MDC Executive Slacks MDC 3 Dimensional Pockets : FR 41 norm VS Rounds , FL VS itself & 10 TW enhanced VS Rounds additional 9ft radius +7d4 fireball
•WingBoard Crescent 5PPE 60MPH (120leyline) VTOL 160MDC Bonuses: +2Int, +3d , +1s, +20% Piloting Skill Checks
User avatar
Erg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:21 am
Location: Rifts Earth: Spook Squad Bound

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 3 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: 1d100 = 76

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 19

SNAFU wrote:The alien object appears to be a thruster of some kind.
Strange Alien Propulsion Unit
Dimensions:
Height: 16 feet (4.8 m).
Width: 54 feet (1 6.4 m).
Length: 48 feet (14.6 m).
Weight: 40 tons.
More info by telemechanics only
Contra-Gravity Quad-Sled:
The Contra-Gravity Quad-Sleds are four companion booster modules which allow ships to increase there faster than light speeds. This external attachment is used for long-range craft. The unit is rather large and bulky, but has the convenience of being disengaged and attached as needed.
M.D.C. by Location:
*Main Body - 3000
**External Field Arrays (2) - 500 each
*If all the M.D.C. is depleted the unit no longer functions.
**The External Field Arrays are -3 to strike due to their size. Also, if they are destroyed, the FTL speed is reduced by half.
Range: Ties into the ships core.
Speed: Boosts FTL speed by 50%
Dimensions:
Height: 16 feet (4.8 m).
Width: 54 feet (1 6.4 m).
Length: 48 feet (14.6 m).
Weight: 40 tons.


Lahz steps out of the hover trailer where he has been diligently blocking out the joys of working on tiny mechanical fusion devices in a moving non-laboratory setting (OOC: He previously indicated intent to pull SAMAS rail guns and power sources for future use).

The Psi-Tech is largely lost in his own world as he tinkers until he sees an indicator blinking from Ray who is up front piloting. We stopped again, crap when did that happen?. The Elf snatches up his beam-cannon and hops out to find the Locals(?) high-tailing it the hell out of the area, and a huge booster-looking device trying to do an impression of a plow. Lahz pads up the trench to the big device, with Tony in tow.

He receives Erg's evaluation with the urgent interest of an enraptured student and breaks into a nearly 1-ton run the last 100 meters, "Wow. Intergalactic technology. Fascinating!!! Jack is right, it's a booster. I can't tell if it is a fully contained modular system. Contragravity means it should have lift capabilities ... I wonder," the Elf places a gauntleted hand on the hull and Telemechanically checks for remote monitoring by any external systems (whether active monitoring or periodic check-ins), "It appears to be 1 of a 4 part system. I am going to see if I can get it moving. If it has onboard controls for individual maneuvering ... We might be able to re-attach it to transport a damn impressive amount of salvage."

Lahz will (barring objection) mentally reach out to evaluate and diagnose the Booster's operative systems (will it work, and at what level? 30%, 15%?), onboard controls, and remote maneuvering systems operability using:.
Machine & Electrical Diagnosis (6 ISP, 14 Min)

If the Booster is operational (and does not have any determinable storage or secure location to hole-up), Lahz will climb up on top with Tony and try to locate somewhere he can sit and the Tiger-bot can keep him in place so that The Psi-Tech can try to fire it up and get it to a stationary hover ~10ft off the ground using:
Telemechanic Mental Operation (12 ISP, 110', 7 Min)



11d100 = 640
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Whisper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 2;JIC d100: 1d100 = 42

Lily briefly listens to the techie-types geek out about the new found device. Wonderful. All this way for a cargo sled., she thinks, unimpressed.

Deciding that the best use of her time is going back to scanning for threats, Whisper cycles through her suit's optics and sensors continuously. ((Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 82/65%)) While her suit seems almost motionless, her trio of ghostly tutors approach and Doc speaks.

"Well now, ma'am, what exactly are you doing at the moment?", he asks.
"Uh, scanning. Scanning for enemies.", Whisper answers softly.
"You know, you ought to rely on your own senses more.", Bill suggests.
Whisper pauses, and looks around with her own eyes while Belle merely thinks Deviant.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

((Rolls Carried))
Vheld wrote:Vheld shakes his head. "I could summon a warrior horde to carry it through a rift back to MercTown, but that would severely tax my energies, and from what the others are saying it doesn't sound like this is that valuable to us. The only other thing I could do is send it into a dimensional void for a couple of months. We'd have to come back to this spot to get it later, but it'd probably be a lot easier after the main mission is done. It's not a cheap spell to cast, but unless we find a bunch more of these things my reserves should be able to handle it."

Carl is about to agree with Vheld idea to send it to a dimensional void, when he hears Lahz begin to talk.
Lahz wrote:"Wow. Intergalactic technology. Fascinating!!! Jack is right, it's a booster. I can't tell if it is a fully contained modular system. Contragravity means it should have lift capabilities ... I wonder," the Elf places a gauntleted hand on the hull and Telemechanically checks for remote monitoring by any external systems (whether active monitoring or periodic check-ins), "It appears to be 1 of a 4 part system. I am going to see if I can get it moving. If it has onboard controls for individual maneuvering ... We might be able to re-attach it to transport a damn impressive amount of salvage."

"OK, give it a try, but we do not have a lot of time so unless you can do what you want to try quickly, it might be best to let Vheld send it to the void and retrieve it later." Although no expression is shown on his face, Carl is eager for Lahz to succeed in his attempt to get the thing working, but if it looks like it is not working or will take a long time, Carl will turn to Vheld and have him send it to a dimensional void.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 80/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 33
Conditions: Metamorphosis: Human (6.5 hours), Sitting on the Roof of the Vehicle with his lunchable.
Statistical Info
Natural M.D.C.: 432/432
I.S.P.: 100/98
P.P.E.: 210/129
Talisman of Armor M.D.C.: 100/100 *Not Active* 3/2.
*Active* TW Dragon Flight Harness.


Detect Ambush 1d100 = 28/47%
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 76/52%

Vino is amused when the hillbillies run off. I wonder what they taste like? Vino muses as he scans the area with his metamorphosed eyes. Vino's hearing is sharp enough to hear the techs talk about the find, but the whole thing quickly becomes boring for the dragon hatchling. As Vinograd watches the area, he draws the knife he got from the now months dead slaver and begins to fiddle with it twirling it about in his hand. I wonder how long they're going to talk about the pile of machinery? Vino thinks again to himself.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 86

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 349/366
    Harvester
  • 0/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 9:45/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations


Watching the Hillbillies flee, Minerva cracks an invisible smile. You idiots have no idea what would happen if this didn't work. After they leave, Minerva joins the others (still invisible) in observing the piece of fallen technology. While she isn't even close to the level of Lahz or Erg, she was a fan of technology and had a basic understanding of how to fix some things. She takes one look at the rocket booster and says "This is way beyond me. Don't think I could carry it with my Telekinesis if I tried. And I can carry a lot." She lets the tech folks do their thing while she keeps an eye out for any more trouble.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:41 pm

SNAFU on Hangouts wrote:Reprogramming Booster is Plausible but will require: 1) hook it up to a power source, 2) reprogram/negotiate with the on-board A.I. Estimated Completion 1.5hrs

OOC: Did this estimate include Lahz's RCC ability to do mechanical fixes in 1/2 time?

Lahz wrote:Perception [39%]: Original post: 1d100 = 3 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 3
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 76


ISP: 185/191

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: Original post: 1d100 = 19

After wandering around the Booster for a while, Lahz determines the requirements to get the Booster re-activated, "It appears that the Booster isn't going to be as quick as hoped. Probably, 90 minutes, and this thing has it's own AI. Given that the AI may have distinct allegiences, it may be better to put this off until later."


((He will not use Telemechanic Mental Operation after all))
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:08 am

Vheld wrote:JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 5, Original post: 1d100 = 75
PER: Original post: 1d100 = 41 vs. 51%


Vheld nods at Carl's instructions and stands by while Lahz takes a crack at salvaging the anti-gravity platform. Upon hearing the psi-tech's updated timetable, Vheld glances again at Carl but agrees with the assessment that at least 90 minutes is too long to wait outside of their final destination. Vheld then draws energy from one of his spheres, chants for a few seconds, and causes the platform to vanish into a black mist ((-700 PPE)).

"That will keep it for a couple months. Let's move."
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Carl wrote:Perception[90]:Original post: 1d100 = 59
JIC D20:Original post: 1d20 = 7; D100: Original post: 1d100 = 79
Vheld wrote:Vheld nods at Carl's instructions and stands by while Lahz takes a crack at salvaging the anti-gravity platform. Upon hearing the psi-tech's updated timetable, Vheld glances again at Carl but agrees with the assessment that at least 90 minutes is too long to wait outside of their final destination. Vheld then draws energy from one of his spheres, chants for a few seconds, and causes the platform to vanish into a black mist .

"That will keep it for a couple months. Let's move."

"Sounds good." Carl begins heading in the direction of the craft. "Keep an eye out for anything else that may have come from the downed ship"
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:25 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: PA 111 Feb 03, 08:45,
CLIMATE: Mild Winter Morning, no wind
VISIBILITY: Sky remains clear, visibility is good.
TERRAIN: Kansas Scrub
LOCATION : less than 50 miles from the monolith
LEY LINE: None.


Actions and conversations happen as intended. Vheld uses his Void incantation as intended. Erg and Lahz both know all there is to know about the device without turning it on.

The Spooks opt to deal with the discarded booster in the most expedient manner available and so Vheld dismisses the offending technological burden into a void dimension for several months.

They proceed forward, and as they do it becomes more and more obvious that the monolithic tower looming ahead is indeed their target.

Image

However, between them and the tower are three more booster engines. Similarly discarded the others are strewn haphazardly over the next 30 miles or so.

The Spooks proceed cautiously to the next one which is about 5 miles away from their previous location. The Spooks now must consider what to do with the second booster system before them.

While manning the radar, Whisper detects some incoming bogeys coming from behind them and about 30 miles away. They are flying low and she is unable to tell the numbers but they are moving very fast and directly towards your current position. They will be in weapons' range in roughly 3 minutes.

Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 6

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 349/366
    Harvester
  • 0/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations


"More of the same. Vheld, can you hide this one as well or shall we keep moving?" When Whisper mentions the incoming bogies, Minerva sighs. "How many must we kill before they understand?" She unslings her Ion Rifle and takes a knee, pointing in the direction that the bogies are reported to be coming from. When the time grows closer, Minerva will aim down her sights and wait for one of them to show it's face.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Tue May 01, 2018 7:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 31
Conditions: Metamorphosis: Human (06:20 hours), Sitting on the Roof of the Vehicle with his lunchable.
Statistical Info
Natural M.D.C.: 432/432
I.S.P.: 100/98
P.P.E.: 210/129
Talisman of Armor M.D.C.: 100/100 *Not Active* 3/2.
*Active* TW Dragon Flight Harness.


Skills:
Detect Concealment 1d100 = 56/52% Fail
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 76/47% Fail


Vinograd is enjoying the sense of peace on the roof of the team vehicle. The vistas he's passed have been a pleasure for the Royal Frilled Dragon, as he is more than used to blasted rocky wastelands of his homeland. Vino is unsurprised when they come upon another of the strange mechanical devices that they found a bit earlier. This spaceship sheded many parts before finally crashing. But from the view ahead, it seems to still have much more left intact.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Thu May 03, 2018 9:51 am

JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 50
PER: 1d100 = 95 vs. 51%

Vheld stifles a sigh at the sight of three more booster engines.

Minerva wrote:"More of the same. Vheld, can you hide this one as well or shall we keep moving?"
To Minerva, and Carl, Vheld says "I can, but doing so will severely deplete my energies. I'm not sure they'd be worth the effort- given that our principal objective is only thirty miles away, if we maintain some reconnaissance patrols during our salvage operation we should be able to monitor the vicinity for any attempts by the locals to retrieve one of these things for themselves."

"While I have no doubt that these First Apocalypse Cavalry fellows are resourceful, even they could not steal away something as massive as one of these boosters quickly. Not without devoting enough resources and manpower to the effort that we'd see them coming from miles off. Either way, we should be able to keep an eye on these boosters and have plenty of warning to drive off the competition. With a little luck, we may even find something on board the craft that would facilitate our retrieving them."

On the subject of incoming bogies, Vheld ponders their situation. He brings Bel'Dar along the APC to consult with Carl. "It may be time to fight. My minions can use their elemental magic to obscure the area, but I wouldn't want to rely on that to fend off a determined search. Our best chance may be to quickly and completely overwhelm them so that they do not radio for reinforcements. If so, I can at least jam their communications. Shall we prepare?"

If Carl agrees, Vheld will set up some battle preparations. He'll start by casting frequency jamming, and invincible armor on Brokswa (who will be staying behind in the APC). He will also cast targeted deflection on himself (Total -75 PPE).
Last edited by Vheld on Mon May 14, 2018 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Fri May 04, 2018 6:26 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 46
JIC D20:1d20 = 11; D100: 1d100 = 5
Conditions
Activated: Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); ]Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Vheld wrote:To Minerva, and Carl, Vheld says "I can, but doing so will severely deplete my energies. I'm not sure they'd be worth the effort- given that our principal objective is only thirty miles away, if we maintain some reconnaissance patrols during our salvage operation we should be able to monitor the vicinity for any attempts by the locals to retrieve one of these things for themselves."

"While I have no doubt that these First Apocalypse Cavalry fellows are resourceful, even they could not steal away something as massive as one of these boosters quickly. Not without devoting enough resources and manpower to the effort that we'd see them coming from miles off. Either way, we should be able to keep an eye on these boosters and have plenty of warning to drive off the competition. With a little luck, we may even find something on board the craft that would facilitate our retrieving them."

"It may be time to fight. My minions can use their elemental magic to obscure the area, but I wouldn't want to rely on that to fend off a determined search. Our best chance may be to quickly and completely overwhelm them so that they do not radio for reinforcements. If so, I can at least jam their communications. Shall we prepare?"
Carl replies, "Yeah, save your energy, it will take them some time to move these things. I would like to get an idea of what we will be facing, but you are right, it is time to take it to them." To everyone Carl says, "OK everyone, we are going to take the party to our guest. Everyone spread out, lets hit them from multiple directions and make sure that one shot cannot hit more than one of us at a time. Vehicles and Robots, move further down toward the crash area, to be honest, I want to use you as bait. Hopefully they will be so occupied with paying attention to the vehicle and machines down the road that the rest of us can hit them as the pass. Then you light them up when they notice us."

Carl looks around to ensure that everyone was listening. "If anyone has anything to say or suggest, do it now, we do not have a lot of time."

Once everyone has said their piece, Carl goes invisible and flies straight up getting will above the projected level that the bogeys are flying.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Whisper » Sun May 06, 2018 12:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12/58%
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 11;JIC d100: 1d100 = 30

"Incoming bandits.", Whisper blurts out when she detects radar contacts heading towards the group. She tries to get a radar lock, but with them moving so low and fast, she just can't seem to.

"I can't tell how many.", she finally admits. "But they're moving real fast."

Stupid Naruni junk! I bet a SAMAS would pick 'em up!

Carl wrote:"If anyone has anything to say or suggest, do it now, we do not have a lot of time."

"Bait 'em further up by the crash site, roger. I'm a master baiter.", Whisper confirms snickering. She lights her engines and rockets forward to try and lure the presumed enemy in, staying as low to the ground as she dares.
Whisper
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 50/50

Mecha-Knight main body 400/400
Forcefield 160/160
User avatar
Whisper
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:00 am

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Sun May 13, 2018 2:32 pm

The group follows Carl's instructions and spreads out with the vehicles pulling ahead as bait. Actions taken as intended, in accordance with above.

The vehicles and those with them are a mile ahead of Carl's group.

The incoming craft are Coalition warplanes! 4 of them, flying low at about 300' altitude. (Successful Intelligence roll: Talon Stealth; Coalition War Campaign p.176) The big boys have arrived to the party ahead of schedule.

The group layout being what it is Carl's group gets a round of prep and a round of attacks.

The group with the vehicles get's two rounds of prep. The enemy planes will be engaging next GM post.


Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Sun May 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 39
JIC D20:1d20 = 5; D100: 1d100 = 94
Conditions
Activated:Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Hovering invisible in the air and watching the planes get closer to the group, Carl sighs, *It had to be warplanes and four of them!* Carl puts a white shuriken in one hand and a red one in the other. *Time to really test Erg's OBERT shield* Carl activates Erg's OBERT device as he gets ready to grab the attention of the planes. Just before he attacks, he says over the radio "OK, jam them and hit them hard." Just before the planes are directly below him, Carl activates the red shuriken to cause a fireball to explode about 100 feet in front of the lead air plane. He then activates the white shuriken to cause lightning to strike the lead airplane. Carl tries to guesstimate the angle the plane will bank and attempts to hit it with another bolt of lightning. He tries to ensure that bolt strikes are clearly coming from above the planes. Carl will stay invisible and attempt to move in the air while avoiding the planes.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 15

1: Put white and red shurikens in his hands.
2: Activates the OBERT device.
3: Using Red shuriken cause a fireball to explode in front of the planes
4: Using White shuriken attacks lead plane with lightning. 1d20+3 = 11 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40MD
5: Using White shuriken attacks lead plane with lightning. 1d20+3 = 15 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40MD
6: Puts away the shurikens while moving a little higher.
7: Arms himself with the "Spear of the Cyclops"
8: Reserved for dodge 1d20+12 = 18
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Mon May 14, 2018 7:36 am

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 19 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 12
JiC D100: 1d100 = 34

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 16

Lahz activates his forcefield then pulls out his beam cannon so he can take up a position atop the the APC to try and render some form of defense, "Tigger (Tony) jamming same as before ... " He will blast as soon as he has a clear shot favoring speed and putting heavy damage quickly over the course of slowly aimed shots.

He will dodge as needed.

APM: 9
Init +2: 1d20+2 = 17

1) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 16, 10d4*10 = 210 MD & direct Tony
2) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 24, 10d4*10 = 300 *2[crit] = 600MD & direct Tony
3) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 14, 10d4*10 = 260 MD
4) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 16, 10d4*10 = 190 MD
5) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 22, 10d4*10 = 280 MD
6) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 7, 10d4*10 = 220 MD
7) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 19, 10d4*10 = 220 MD
8] Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 19, 10d4*10 = 270 MD
9) Pulse Blast w Cannon at farthest Talon once it comes within range. 1d20+5 = 7, 10d4*10 = 280 MD

Dodges as Needed [+8]: 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 10, 1d20+8 = 11, 1d20+8 = 24

((Tony:. WIDE BAND Radio Reciever & Transmitter & Radio System Scrambler (Sourcebook 1, Pg 28): Range: 300 miles;)
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Mon May 14, 2018 8:08 am

Initiative: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 44
PER: 1d100 = 52 vs. 51%
APM: 7

Conditions: Invincible armor (250/250 MDC, 30m00s, regen 1d6/melee, -15% physical skills, 1/2 damage from energy), Targeted deflection (2m30s; PP+Targeting+3 to parry; 13+ energy blast hits attacker)

Intelligence- 1d100 = 82 vs. 91%
To identify the fighters

"Brokswa, move into position to destroy one of those fighters. Sshir, stay with the APC. Be prepared to counter any missile volleys they send your way. Slithn, you're with me." Brokswa grins, gets his armor spell from Vheld, then moves off to prepare to intercept one of the aircraft.

Vheld will move out with the others on Bel'Dar. Along the way, he radios Lahz. "My magical frequency jamming has a limited range- something technological would likely be more effective." With his spell prep finished, and most of his attacks too limited in range to affect the aircraft until they get close, Vheld has little to do but wait once he gets in position. To Slithn, he says "Hold back for the time being- you are my contingency plan."

Once the planes are within a couple thousand feet, however, Vheld starts casting spells. He will first attempt to slow all four aircraft, then he will launch a pair of meteors at the two craft that no team members are close to (i.e., outside the meteors' blast radii) with the hope of disabling some of the Talons' secondary systems courtesy of the explosion. Then, Vheld will fire his staff.

Actions 1-2: Speed of the snail ((-50 PPE)); 1d6 = 2 targets (based on the biggest threats at the time of casting).
Actions 3-4: Cast meteor at the biggest threat with no Spooks near it ((-75 PPE)); 1d6*10 = 50+20 MD to 40-ft. radius.
Actions 5-6: Cast meteor at the biggest threat with no Spooks near it ((-75 PPE)); 1d6*10 = 10+20 MD to 40-ft. radius.
Action 7: Fire lightning bolt from storm staff at the biggest threat. 1d20+2 = 7, 6d6 = 27 MD.

Auto-deflections (+4): 7d20:
12, 14, 18, 3, 6, 20, 12


Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 45
APM: 5

Conditions: Invincible armor (250/250 MDC, 30m00s, regen 1d6/melee, -15% physical skills, 1/2 damage from energy)

Vaguely reminded of some battles in his home in the Three Galaxies, Brokswa is eager to join the fray. As soon as the team engages the planes, Brokswa flies to one and lands on the cockpit. Be proceeds to begin pounding into it with Al Bolga- he will easily match the aircraft's speed if it somehow dislodges him and continue with his goal of pounding the pilot into jelly.

Action 1: Fly onto the cockpit at Mach 6.
Actions 2-4: Strikes with Al Bolga.
Strikes (+6): 4d20:
19, 8, 3, 16

Damage rolls: 4d12 = 33, 4d12 = 13, 4d12 = 15, 4d12 = 34
((I converted his normal 4d6 punch damage to d12 for purposes of making the post easier to read/write- it's a small penalty so I figured it'd be ok.))

Auto-parries (+10): 5d20:
12, 12, 3, 10, 2


Sshir
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 4
APM: 5

All of Sshir's actions are reserved for contingencies. If the APCs are targeted by missile volleys, Sshir will create a wall of ice ((-40 PPE, not deducted)) between the missiles and the team's vehicles.

Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 59
APM: 5

As usual, Bel'Dar will concentrate on defense.

Auto-dodges (+8): 6d20:
11, 20, 20, 9, 20, 8
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 54

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 349/366
    Harvester
  • 0/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations


Intelligence: 1d100 = 2/65%

Minerva stares down the sight of her rifle, targeting a fast moving plane. Once she has a shot, she'll fire an Ion bolt into its wing, hoping to disable the craft. Watching as other Spooks start to lay down fire, Minerva cracks a slight smile. Esto es lo que podrían arrojarnos? Recognizing the plane designs from her studies of the Coalition, she informs the team of their design. "Stealth planes! I'm going for the wings!"


Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5
APM: 5

Actions 1-3: Called/Aimed Shot using Ion Pulse Rifle at Wing of plane. Strike: 1d20+5 = 11 Damage: 4d6 = 13 MD
Actions 4-5: Called Shot using Ion Pulse Rifle at Wing of plane. Strike: 1d20+2 = 21 Damage: 4d6 = 13 MD

Translations
Esto es lo que podrían arrojarnos?=This is what they could throw at us?
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 61/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 80
Conditions: TW Flight Harness.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22
Number of attacks: 5

Action One: Teleport (Range: 5 miles; 1d100 = 8/38%) onto one of the planes.
Action Two: Hold on with Claws. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 5; Damage: 4d6 = 11 M.D.)
Action Three: Continue clawing at the plane. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 20; Damage: 4d6 = 15 M.D.)
Action Four: Continue clawing at the plane. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 8; Damage: 4d6 = 15 M.D.)
Action Five: Continue clawing at the plane. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 19; Damage: 4d6 = 15 M.D.)

Dodge (If they start shooting at Vino.): 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 16, 1d20+6 = 25, 1d20+6 = 21.




Vino seeing the incoming aircraft decides to not be the target of their weapons by joining them where they're at. Let me be unexpected. Concentrating briefly, Vinograd wills his natural magical nature to become manifest and teleports on top of one of the planes. Vino tries to punch his claws in for purchase and proceeds to try and tear the plane apart. "Hello do you have a moment to talk about your savior, necromancy?"
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:56 am

TIME & DATE: PA 111 Feb 03, 08:47,
CLIMATE: Mild Winter Morning, no wind
VISIBILITY: Sky remains clear, visibility is good.
TERRAIN: Kansas Scrub
LOCATION : less than 30 miles from the monolith
LEY LINE: None.


The forward team attacks the enemy jets as they fly overhead. Vinograd starts off the festivities by jumping on to the lead aircraft. His attacks and extra weight cause the jet to sink from the sky crash landing half a mile from the APC.

A volley of missiles is fired from each of the three jets requiring Sshir to create a Wall of Ice.

Lahz opens up with his four-barreled death-dealer and brings down a second plane with his first two blasts.

Brokswa attacks a third plane with help from Minerva and Lahz. Vheld casts Speed of the Snail on the remaining two planes. And blows one of them out of the sky with a Meteor spell.

The fourth is brought down by accumulative fire from Carl, Minerva and Lahz. And or a brief moment the sky is clear. But soon the radar lights up with a multitude of fast moving little blips.

The Bad News: over 100 long-range missiles are in the air.

The Good News: Only 20 of them are on a trajectory to hit somewhere near the APC. The others are also grouped in volleys of 20, one for each discarded boosterjet and a final volley for the citadel itself.

The missiles will reach their respective targets in 60 seconds, they will only be in range of your weapons for one round. You may describe three rounds of activity and one round of counter-fire.

Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 43
JIC D20:1d20 = 13; D100: 1d100 = 33
Conditions
Activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)

SNAFU wrote:The Bad News: over 100 long-range missiles are in the air.

The Good News: Only 20 of them are on a trajectory to hit somewhere near the APC. The others are also grouped in volleys of 20, one for each discarded boosterjet and a final volley for the citadel itself.

The missiles will reach their respective targets in 60 seconds, they will only be in range of your weapons for one round. You may describe three rounds of activity and one round of counter-fire.


Carl notices the new incoming volley. *WTF, I am developing a hatred for long range missiles. I really wanted to see what we could savage from the jets, but we do not have time to fight a war.* "Everyone triple time it towards the citadel and protect the APC. Shoot down as many missiles as you can, but protecting the APC is our first priority. We did not come here to fight a war, so lets avoid one if we can. Also lets see what we can savage from our main prize before they destroy the thing, which looks to be their intention." Carl will begin shooting particle beam from his palms at the missile hoping that they will go off more from contact than from damage. He will then move with the others (ensuring that everyone pick up the pace) towards the citadel, while looking to protect the group from any additional volleys as they move.

APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 21

1: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 14; Dmg: 5d6 = 12MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 8; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 19MD

2: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 9; Dmg: 5d6 = 22MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 8; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 17MD

3: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 12; Dmg: 5d6 = 16MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 7; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 12MD

4: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 23; Dmg: 5d6 = 11MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 7; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 20MD

5: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 22; Dmg: 5d6 = 19MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 7; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 17MD

6: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 11; Dmg: 5d6 = 14MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 10; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 18MD

7: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 20; Dmg: 5d6 = 13MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 21; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 17MD

8: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 8; Dmg: 5d6 = 20MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm,1d20+5 = 25; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 15MD

--------------
If another long range volley is sent towards the group as they move, Carl will attempt to shot as many as he can while they are still in the air:

1: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 13; Dmg: 5d6 = 20MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 12; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 18MD

2: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 17; Dmg: 5d6 = 19MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 9; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 20MD

3: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 20; Dmg: 5d6 = 21MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 15; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 19MD

4: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 9; Dmg: 5d6 = 11MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 18; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 19MD

5: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 25; Dmg: 5d6 = 12MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 8; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 14MD

6: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 22; Dmg: 5d6 = 18MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 18; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 18MD

7: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 19; Dmg: 5d6 = 16MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm, 1d20+5 = 18; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 20MD

8: Fire at a missile with his right palm, 1d20+6 = 17; Dmg: 5d6 = 14MD
Fire at a missile with his left palm,1d20+5 = 12; Dmg: 5d6+2 = 19MD
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Initiative: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 65
PER: 1d100 = 70 vs. 51%
APM: 7

Conditions: Invincible armor (250/250 MDC, 29m45s, regen 1d6/melee, -15% physical skills, 1/2 damage from energy), Targeted deflection (2m15s; PP+Targeting+3 to parry; 13+ energy blast hits attacker)

Vheld grimaces, annoyed. Long-range missiles are a pain for the mage to deal with- he begins to regret skipping some of the military defense courses back at Tolkeen. Still, no help for it. Trusting Sshir to stick to Vheld's prior orders, Vheld orders Brokswa to "Protection spells, now- then I want your plasma storm ready to go in case something goes wrong once the other volleys are in range."

That leaves the APC, and the citadel itself, for Vheld and the rest of the team. He and Bel'Dar will make for the citadel, per Carl's orders, while Vheld wracks his brain to think of something he can do to defend against the things. As he goes, he sends a telepathic message to Sil: Remain in phantom form.

Taking stock, Vheld realizes that his own protective magics are unlikely to serve better than those of his minions in this case. So instead, he will ready himself to intercept the missiles- drawing a large amount of PPE from one of his energy spheres as he does so. He will get in range of either the volley targeting the APC or that targeting the citadel (depending on which is still the greatest threat by the time his castings are complete), and summon more meteors to (hopefully) devastate the incoming barrage.

Actions 1-2: Cast meteor on one volley ((-75 PPE)), 1d20+7 = 26 to strike, 1d6*10 = 20+20 to a 40-ft. radius.
Actions 3-4: Cast meteor on one volley ((-75 PPE)), 1d20+7 = 23 to strike, 1d6*10 = 10+20 to a 40-ft. radius.
Actions 5-6: Cast meteor on one volley ((-75 PPE)), 1d20+7 = 15 to strike, 1d6*10 = 30+20 to a 40-ft. radius.
Action 7: If there are any missiles still left, Vheld will cast implosion neutralizer on it in an attempt to reduce the explosion ((-12 PPE))

Brokswa
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 94
APM: 5

Conditions: Invincible armor (250/250 MDC, 29m45s, regen 1d6/melee, -15% physical skills, 1/2 damage from energy)

Accelerating at Mach 6, Brokswa flits about the battlefield and draws upon his energy sphere to create a wall of ice around each of the three rocket boosters ((-90 PPE)), as well as in-between the APC and the citadel and their respective volleys ((-60 PPE)). If the long-range missiles appear to be 'smart' and capable of adjusting their trajectories to avoid the walls, Brokswa will draw PPE from his energy sphere and create another set of walls perpendicular to the others (effectively encasing each booster in ice). He will then position himself as a fallback- in case something goes wrong when the missiles are actually in range.

Satisfied that he's done all that he can to protect the team and its loot, Brokswa will take note of the other missiles' incoming trajectories, and the others' efforts to destroy them. Essentially, Brokswa will go wherever he is needed most (i.e., wherever part of a missile volley escapes the team's efforts to shoot it down) and interpose a plasma wall and a plasma field in-between the missiles and their targets. With luck, the missiles will go through the plasma and detonate there.
Wall of Ice Stats
-8'x8'x4' per level (Brokswa is level 9)
- 360 MDC each

Plasma field- 2d6*10 to missiles going through it
Plasma wall- 1d4*10 to missiles going through it

Sshir
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 23
APM: 5

Sshir will once again cast a wall of ice at any incoming missiles to protect the APC ((-40 PPE, not deducted)). He will cast as many as necessary (that he can), attempting to place them in the missiles' path such that the APC won't be caught in the blast radius.

Bel'Dar
Initiative: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 43
APM: 5

As usual, Bel'Dar will concentrate on defense.

Auto-dodges (+8): 5d20:
8, 16, 20, 15, 15
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 31 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 43

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 49
Forcefield: 160/160

Lahz takes up position atop the APC itself to use as a mobile firing platform, and mentally scrolls through the fire-linking options programmed into the Marauder, **Linked Turrets + L. Forearm, No. Linked Turrets + R. Forearm, No. Turrets on Linked Offense [Pilot Designated Target], No. Turrets on Linked Defense, No. Turrets Non-Linked on Defense, that's it. That'll have each Turret independently fire on incoming missiles ... Jeez, at this range we'll only have a damn small window of firing time. Especially with short range weapons. With those stupid SAMAS railguns we could have had a fair missile perimeter if ... well nevermind. Maybe next time.** The Psi-Tech then keys up the two ARC-2 Nighthawk Defense Systems [Range 2000ft] and radios down to his Bots, "Tigger (Tony) Hop aboard the Trailer. Fire at will to drop inbound Missiles ... Ray? Ummm be careful."

He then trigger his Marauder's Forcefield for now, and hold his Cannon in a ready-position, beginning to fire as soon as the range indicator greenlights. In the unlikely event he needs to dodge (and has room), he will attempt it.

APM: 9
Init +2: 1d20+2 = 5

1) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile [2500 FT Range]. 1d20+5 = 21, 2d6*10 = 50MD
2) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 25, 2d6*10 = 50 MD
3) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 10, 2d6*10 = 60 MD
4) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 6, 2d6*10 = 20 MD
5) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 22, 2d6*10 = 40 MD
6) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 8, 2d6*10 = 100 MD
7) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 9, 2d6*10 = 60 MD
8| Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 14, 2d6*10 = 80 MD
9) Single Blast w Cannon at Missile. 1d20+5 = 22, 2d6*10 = 50 MD

Dodges as Needed [+8]: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 27

Ion Turrets
[1000 Ft Range]
8d20:
6, 7, 4, 6, 6, 15, 12, 15

4d6 = 15, 4d6 = 11, 4d6 = 11, 4d6 = 17, 4d6 = 15, 4d6 = 13, 4d6 = 14, 4d6 = 15

=== Tony ===

Tony clambers up onto the Trailer and levels his Tri-Beam laser at the incoming missiles. He will dodge as appropriate.

APM: 9
Init +4: 1d20+4 = 21

1) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 13, 6d6 = 18MD
2) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 19, 6d6 = 21MD
3) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 23, 6d6 = 21MD
4) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 17, 6d6 = 19MD
5) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 10, 6d6 = 26MD
6) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 22, 6d6 = 16MD
7) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 13, 6d6 = 25MD
8| Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 6, 6d6 = 27MD
9) Tri-Beam Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 16, 6d6 = 26MD

Dodge [+13]: 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 17

=== Nighthawk Turrets ===

1) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 20, 1d6*10 = 60MD
2) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 20, 1d6*10 = 60MD
3) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 13, 1d6*10 = 60MD
4) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 11, 1d6*10 = 50MD
5) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 4, 1d6*10 = 10MD
6) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 16, 1d6*10 = 30MD
7) Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 5, 1d6*10 = 50MD
8| Railgun Blast [2000 FT Range]. 1d20+3 = 15, 1d6*10 = 30MD
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 47

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 283/366
    Harvester
  • 3:30/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations
    Hyper-Telekinesis
  • 7:30/8 minutes
  • Max Weight: 2700 lbs
  • Range: 250'
    Telekinetic Flight
  • 7:15/8 minutes
  • Speed: 100 MPH


"Mierda." With all of the missiles flying in, Minerva focuses on the ones headed toward the citadel. "Diamond guarding tower." She takes to the sky under her own massive telekinetic power (-15 ISP) and uses a different aspect of that telekinetic power to prepare for the incoming missiles (Hyper-Telekinesis, -50 ISP) and activates Harvester for some additional protection (-1 ISP). Flying at top speed toward the tower, she waits for the missiles to get within her range and then uses her Hyper-TK to shove them into each other and off course. If the blasts from the missiles pop the protections from her Psychic Body Armor, she will reactivate it as many times as needed.


Initiative: 1d20+4 = 11
APM: 5

Round 1:
Action 1: Activate TK Flight
Actions 2-5: Fly into position

Round 2:
Action 1: Activate Hyper-TK
Action 2: Activate Harvester
Actions 3-5: Wait

Round 3:
Actions 1-5: Wait

Round 4:
Action 1: Use Hyper-TK to shove missile into other missile. Strike: 1d20+3 = 12
Action 2: Use Hyper-TK to shove missile into other missile. Strike: 1d20+3 = 16
Action 3: Use Hyper-TK to shove missile into other missile. Strike: 1d20+3 = 18
Action 4: Use Hyper-TK to shove missile into other missile. Strike: 1d20+3 = 20
Action 5: Use Hyper-TK to shove missile into other missile. Strike: 1d20+3 = 19
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:12 pm

Spooky Action At A Distance

All actions, shots and incantations have happened as intended, except for Vheld's final Neutralizer.

In Crimea the Spooks demonstrated their battlefield superiority against cyborg armies and werewolf gangs, not to mention a Living Dimension, like Morogot. 100 missiles over Kansas was not going to deter them from their prize.

The collective professional ingenuity and preternatural effort of the members of the Spook Squad manage to not only protect their own, but their prospective loot too.

The APC is protected as the widely-spread volley directed at it is shotdown, TK pushed, or meteorized by the Spooks.

Brokswa even manages to keep the extraneous boosters intact although most of the units own robust armor has been blown off. Another missile strike even at half damage will destroy them (or minus -350 whichever)

Only one missile gets through to the monolithic citadel. Those who passed their last perception check notice that it seems for all the world to *plink* harmlessly off the side of the mega structure (looking to be over 2 km high) and fall inertly to the ground.

There seems to be a brief respite as the enemy may be trying to determine what the hell happened to their ordinance.

The next post will encompass a span of ten minutes with no enemy action.


Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 5
JIC D20:1d20 = 7; D100:1d100 = 50
Conditions
Activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
SNAFU wrote:Only one missile gets through to the monolithic citadel. Those who passed their last perception check notice that it seems for all the world to *plink* harmlessly off the side of the mega structure (looking to be over 2 km high) and fall inertly to the ground.

Carl watches the lone missile reach the citadel, but was not prepared for the results. *Of course that happened, I should not be surprised.* "It seems the thing's defenses are still active. It could be an automated system or someone keeping the thing active. Unfortunately we are being paid to find out which one it is. That means that we are still going in, but with a little more caution."

Carl looks behind them to see if a new set of volleys are coming and begins to move the team at a greater pace once he realizes that at the moment it does not seem that a new set is on its way. "Lets speed it up while the group behind us try to figure a new way to get at our target, now that they know their missiles are useless. I have no idea how well our sensors will work, but keep them at their maximum. We do not know what we are walking into and I would rather be little cautious and receive whatever warning we can than to walk in blind."

Carl continues to move toward the citadel with the others, but moves a little faster now that they are not being fired upon from behind.
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 84
Conditions: TW Flying Harness.

Vinograd pulls himself out of the wreckage of the fallen aircraft. That was a bunch of fun. The Dragon thinks as he takes to the air and proceeds to fly back to the group, Landing with a thud near the vehicle. "That was entertaining... Those Coalition jets do not like a bunch of extra weight."

When Carl suggests/orders that the group makes haste to the Wreckage Vino takes to the air again, and flies above the vehicle as it makes it's way to the crash site.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 43

Minerva panics when the last missile escapes her mental grasp. She tries to fly after it to no avail. But when it harmlessly ricochets off the side of the citadel, she feels a sigh of relief. Pensé, tal vez, que habíamos perdido!

At Carl's command, she flies toward the target following Vinograd.



Translations
Pensé, tal vez, que habíamos perdido!=I thought, perhaps, we had lost!
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 41
PER: 1d100 = 86 vs. 51%

Conditions: Invincible armor (Vheld/Brokswa: 250/250 MDC, 29m30s, regen 1d6/melee, -15% physical skills, 1/2 damage from energy), Targeted deflection (2m00s; PP+Targeting+3 to parry; 13+ energy blast hits attacker)

A curious missile defense. But effective. Vheld flies alongside the APC and adds a little to Carl's orders, addressing Lahz. "Get the APC to that central structure. We want to be able to take advantage of whatever stopped those missiles before the Coalition, or whoever else, manages another volley. My minions and I shall scout it out for other threatening defenses."

Vheld directs Brokswa to rejoin him, and together with Bel'Dar the three run point on the citadel. In contrast to Carl advising caution, Vheld makes his way there at best possible speed- if there is any danger, they'll need to deal with it before the Coalition or whoever else makes a play for the citadel. The only exception is, Vheld will give the neutralized missile a wide berth, saying over the comm as he does so "Someone who can handle explosives should take a look at it. If it's still active it might come in handy later."

Otherwise, Vheld will scout out the central structure. While he trusts the team's encrypted frequency, he opts for an in-person report to Carl, Erg, and Lahz rather than radioing back- with all of their technologically sophisticated rivals on the scene Vheld figures it's better safe than sorry.

If there aren't any obvious countermeasures Vheld needs to destroy, there isn't a whole lot else for him to do on-site. He will turn his attention to the boosters.

OOC Comments
Below is subject to change after a GM ruling Re: multiple castings of featherlight.


To Carl, Vheld says "I have an idea for at least partially securing those boosters. Have Lahz and/or Erg ready- Brokswa and I will bring them here, and the techs can either secure them to the citadel or try to get them back online if they feel up to the challenge. If nothing else, I'm sure they're worth something to our employer." With Brokswa in tow, Vheld will then fly out to each of the three boosters in the vicinity. There, he will frantically cast featherlight a total of 39 times on each of them, reducing the boosters' weight to about a ton each- at which point they are light enough for Brokswa and Bel'Dar to lug them back to the monolith. Moving each booster this way will take a total of ~two minutes and 390 PPE ((-1170 PPE)). Once he is done with his labors, Vheld lands and tells the techs in a hoarse voice "The weight-reduction spell will last for about an hour and a half. Brokswa and Bel'Dar can help move them, but try to get them in place before the magic wears off. I do not want to have to do all that casting again."
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm

((Rolls carried))
Vheld wrote:To Carl, Vheld says "I have an idea for at least partially securing those boosters. Have Lahz and/or Erg ready- Brokswa and I will bring them here, and the techs can either secure them to the citadel or try to get them back online if they feel up to the challenge. If nothing else, I'm sure they're worth something to our employer. The weight-reduction spell will last for about an hour and a half. Brokswa and Bel'Dar can help move them, but try to get them in place before the magic wears off. I do not want to have to do all that casting again."

Carl nods his head to both Lahz and Erg, to Vheld he says, "Sounds like a good plan to me, go for it."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 22 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 11
JiC D100: 1d100 = 93

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 10
Forcefield: 160/160

Lahz shrugs briefly from within his mechanical encasement, "Assuming these are in the same condition as the last, the Boosters will likely take 90 minutes each, assuming no damage and successful hacking on unearthly technology protocols ... it's nice to think the last issues raised are presumed to be immaterial is all I'm saying. And are we sure we want this thing mobile??? ... Tony put some stopwatch timers on these things so we don't get surprised and help lift stuff, but if it starts to get to gain it's weight back, you put it down don't get crushed.. The tech directs the Tiger bot to assist as needed.

Lahz will, as each Booster arrives, he will employ his ability to evaluate the condition of the devices to see if they are functional, *If these were damaged it might explain why this thing came down. If not, well I guess it will suggest the trip here was intentional, and folks onboard will likely NOT be in horrible disarry ...*

Machine & Electrical Diagnosis (6 ISP, Touch, 14 Min)
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Back in Action!!!!

The Last 10 Minutes

Spells and actions happen as intended.

Vheld proceeds as planned, meticulously reducing the weight of each of the remaining boosters and then using his cohorts to transfer them to a central location at the base of the citadel. While this is happening the APC and remaining Spooks convene at the same location, under the shadow of the towering spire.

Lahz finds that once the thruster packs are brought within 500 m of the structure they come alive and power up of their own accord. The central structure's power core can transfer the necessary energy through thin air, by some invisible means.

The AIs on each of the three boosters come online and link together to become one synchronized network. Other than the power necessary for their operation the thrusters receive no signals from the citadel and therefore get stuck in a programmed loop: searching for the fourth unit and querying the so-called, Master Command for instructions. None are forthcoming and the loop repeats.

Lahz finds he can easily deceive the auxiliary AI of the booster system into believing that he is the Master Command the system is so desperately seeking input from. Once his influence on the AI is secured he learns that he is now able to configure the units, individually or all three, into two separate 'transport modes'.

    1. Each booster can be turned into an adhoc hover barge, linked together in train and moved across all manner of terrain at a maximum speed of 35 mph.

    2. Each booster can be turned into a rocket with an atmospheric speed of Mach 6 and two possible landing options: hard and harder. The first will damage the unit and make it inoperable (but still a potential goldmine of salvage. The second will disintegrate it and whatever it lands on.

It will take 15 minutes to set-up either configuration.

Reviewing the 'Black Box' style recorder in the Boosters' mainframe Lahz discerns that there was nothing planned about this arrival/landing. Based on the AI's (limited) understanding of events, the main craft, enhanced by the additional thruster system, was cruising along at incredible speeds, just gearing down from it's top speed of many multiple factors above the speed of light, when it's position in Time and Space suddenly changed from a location in the vacuum filled megaverse that Lahz can't quite comprehend to that of the upper troposphere somewhere over the old American state of South Dakota.

The 'Master Control' piloting the main craft used the thrusters to reduce its initial speed of Mach 30(!) and then jettisoned them in order to make a safe landing. The fact that the craft/structure managed to survive the sudden dimensional shift is a testament to the quality of the craft and the capabilities of the pilot, whatever that might be.

Otherwise the structure is a featureless monolith. It's physics seem impossible as the base of the spire does not seem quite broad enough to support its height. However it is without a doubt planted solidly in the ground, as if it and grown from the roots up like a tree. It's sides are sheer and smooth, displaying a blurred, distorted reflection of those who come closer than 10 feet to inspect it. There are no doors, windows, screens or signs of any life at all.

Erg, Echo and Whisper gather the inert nuke at Vheld's suggestion and begin to haul it back and add it to their stockpile of explosives.

Minerva, Carl, Lahz and Tony, Vheld and his entourage gather together at the base of the citadel to consider their next action.

The Happening

First, the technological might of the Coalition States is felt as Lahz' previous radio jamming is superseded by the far more intense and pervasive interference transmitted from the East. All radio communication is impossible and radars and such have become less than useless.

Second, the lack of radar becomes moot as there is no problem detecting the Coalition's second missile strike. The sky to the East is black, choked thick with what would be, in other circumstances, a comically large number of long-range missiles.

Third, as the horizon-blotting volley of nukes looms in the distance, but before it comes into the range that the Spooks could do anything about it, the daylit sky is suddenly switched for featureless darkness. The ubiquitous Kansas scrub, that had stretched so endlessly around them previously, is abruptly replaced with nondescript void-matter.

Vheld will instantly recognize that they have been transported to pocket dimension of some kind.

Three thruster packs, the APC, and the citadel are all that is in this new place. Erg, Echo, Whisper and the inert nuke are nowhere to be seen and must have been outside the dimensional shift's radius, which looks to extend only about 200m from the citadel's base horizontally but the entirety of its 2000 meter height vertically.

The Citadel looms silently, featureless and immutable.

Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 am

JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 17
PER: 1d100 = 65 vs. 51%

Conditions: Invincible armor (Vheld/Brokswa: 250/250 MDC, 19m30s, regen 1d6/melee, -15% physical skills, 1/2 damage from energy)

Dimension sense- 1d6+2 = 6 minutes of concentration; 1d100 = 45 vs. 90% skill to screw with any dimension magic going on

Vheld figures something's going on when the boosters he and Brokswa haul back light up, but his experience with and interest in technology is limited to that of an end-user. He doesn't have much to add beyond, "They seem to be doing something. If you can do without us for a few minutes Brokswa and I can retrieve the fourth booster."

Vheld decides to stick around unless directed otherwise by Carl, however- retrieving the final booster may not be worth the time away from the team, particularly if the Coalition is serious about their efforts to retrieve the tech. This attitude is validated not too long after, when the CS launches its next salvo. Then they are suddenly elsewhere.

As the most experienced dimensional traveler, Vheld instantly knows where they are. "Stay calm. We're in a pocket dimension- in the worst-case scenario I should be able to rift us back to Earth. But I didn't sense anything, which suggests that we came here via technological means. Given the ship's ability to neutralize the straggling missile earlier, this may be simply another defense mechanism. Most impressive. I suggest that a search of the ship may be warranted- if we can find the controls for whatever brought us here there's no reason the process wouldn't be reversible. If you give me a few minutes, I will try to learn more about where we are- but if I am correct I don't expect to have much to add."

Vheld then closes his eyes and concentrates on using his dimension sense. He will be particularly interested in whether it was artificially created, whether the environment poses any immediate hazard to the Spooks, and whether his magic will be affected while they're there, but he will take the time to learn all he can in case it proves helpful.

Presumably, Carl and the others use the time to decide to investigate the ship's interior. In that event, Vheld will detail Bel'Dar to remain with the APC. The shifter himself will mount up on Sil (with a pat on her back and a telepathic Just like old times), and order Slithn to scout ahead of the party and the rest of his minions to follow him in.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 22
Conditions: Dragon.

Detect Concealment 1d100 = 79/52% (to look for an entrance)

Vinograd lands near the monolithic citadel and takes in the area. "Well wherever you're from, they sure built you big." Vino says to himself before looking around at the others. "I suppose we should look for an entrance of some sort, would make sense I think." Vinograd says while looking around for some manner of way into the citadel.
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 31
JIC D20:1d20 = 1; D100:1d100 = 78
Conditions
Activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Vheld wrote:JVheld instantly knows where they are. "Stay calm. We're in a pocket dimension- in the worst-case scenario I should be able to rift us back to Earth. But I didn't sense anything, which suggests that we came here via technological means. Given the ship's ability to neutralize the straggling missile earlier, this may be simply another defense mechanism. Most impressive. I suggest that a search of the ship may be warranted- if we can find the controls for whatever brought us here there's no reason the process wouldn't be reversible. If you give me a few minutes, I will try to learn more about where we are- but if I am correct I don't expect to have much to add."
*Wow! Something else that I did not anticipate. At least we all made it...* Looking around, Carl notices the missing members of the group. "OK, we seem to be short a few members, I wonder if they are still in the same spot or were transferred to different pocket." *Not my area of expertise* "Hopefully the find someway to find us, but we cannot go back for them now." Looking a Vheld, "Do what you need to do and the rest of us will check out the ship."
Vinograd wrote: Vino says to himself before looking around at the others. "I suppose we should look for an entrance of some sort, would make sense I think."
"Sounds good, lead the way."

Moving with the others, Carl says, "Be careful, I am sure this shift in dimension will not be the last surprise that awaits us today."
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 54

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 283/366
    Harvester
  • 0/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations



"A dimensional pocket? This is most interesting. Do you think this monolith is attempting to divide us? Split us up until we are easily taken? By whatever it may be?" Minerva watches as Vheld does his thing and depending on the information he gives the group, she may or may not find it necessary to offer an Object Read of the Monolith itself. Otherwise, she will look around for an entrance of some sort.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 am

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 7 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 20
JiC D100: 1d100 = 86

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 85
Forcefield: 160/160

As the wold shimmers and the comical sky full of missiles vanish, Lahz releases a breath he had not even realized he was holding in.

"Apparently this ship did not arrive voluntarily, the AI programming from the Boosters is on, after the thing got shifted dimensionally it uad to jettison the booster systems. The internal programming is trying still to patch itself. They are seeking the 4th Booster but I am not sure it's a good plan to bring them all here. I can reconfigure them into a heavy hover transport, kind of a hover-barge or maybe use them as some form of makeshift Long-Range-Missiles ... We might consider just re-affixing the 3- Boosters to make the Monolith partially maneuverable? See if it can be restored to a partial mobility. Just to keep it handicapped. I will also try to install an override ejection-command."

Computer Programming [83%]: 1d100 = 75
Cryptography [60%]: 1d100 = 44

Lahz mentally proceeds to install 1st a power-down, 2nd an eject-override command on the Boosters' closed system.

"I can also try going Astral to do an internal Recon if we have a few minutes ...". Lahz looks over towards Carl for a signal, and if their leader does not give a rejection, will seat his Marauder on its knees, hands set on the ground for stability and engages his lockout protocols from Crimea [i.e. the PA is locked, joints unable to move, and weapons unavailable until a random code is entered (to prevent use by some possessing entity)].

"I will be back in 5. Ray follow Carl's direction. Tigger, sentry protection, you direct the Turrets too ...".

He will then proceed with Astral projection to zoom ahead and into the fallen Monolith looking for: 1) an entrance, 2) any automated defenses he can sense via Telemechanics, and 3) living occupants while he will avoid like hell.

Astral Projection, -8 ISP, 70 Min, invisible, intangible, can move up to 670mph.
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby SNAFU » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Caveat Emptor

Once an attempt at contact is made via Lahz' Telemechanics the ship immediately begins broadcasting the following message in multiple languages many of which Vheld will recognize as Trade tongues of the Three Galaxies (which includes an English-y dialect), but also any major language of the megaverse, because of this the message takes almost an hour to rely.

Dear Esteemed Patron of the Onos Corporation,
This unit is the GSU Sleeper Service currently responsible for the delivery of your pre purchased Onos product. We apologize for not meeting you in the pre-arranged location as we met with dimensional turbulence of a particularly severe nature. We are very pleased to see that you have been able to accomodate our current status of spatio-temporal uncertainty. We can maintain our dimensional exclusion field for 10 hours after which time we will need to return to base reality and this unit must immediately extricate ourself from the current location quandary. We suggest you use this time to take possession of your product and prepare your own rapid egress from the location now vigorously targeted by tactical nuclear weapons. Thank you for doing business with the Onos Corporation, Sleeper Service out.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1393
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Lahz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:27 am

Perception [39%]: 1d100 = 33 [+15% involving Electronics or Machines]
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7
JiC D100: 1d100 = 22

Conditions: Telemechanics (0 ISP, Constant, 5ft, 97%), Mind-block Auto-Defense (0 ISP, Automatic), Sense Supernatural Evil & Magic Energy (1600ft if using magical or psionic powers, 600ft if NOT using powers), Radiate Nature [Cautious], Gauntlets of Mastery [+30% to Wearer's skill ratios that requires use of hands]

Telemechanics [97%]: 1d100 = 90
Forcefield: 160/160

Settling back into his body, Lahz keys the code to release the Body-Lock and taps his radio, "So, this thing is some kind of a Delivery ship. Calls itself the GSU Sleeper Service of the Onos Corporation. Not sure what it is delivering, but it seems to have set itself some kind of re-evacuation plan in 9 hours, and it seems to think we are the customers it was delivering to? Right now the system does not seem have anything targetting us, I cannot tell if there is anything living aboard ..."

*Gods, I wonder if whatever the hell this thing is delivering has already been paid for. Or if we start lifting stuff, it won't exactly be salvage. Not sure how fun the actual purchasers may be to deal with down the road either ...*

Lahz signals for Ray to drop him off and steps over to the closes entrance (OOC: We have had an hour, so we should have been able to locate that, Telemechanics alone would have given that info) and moves to open the Ship up barring instruction from Joker or an argument from someone else, "Let's get inside and see some D-Bee tech before ... y'know we're all wiped out by the Coalition Nuclear strike. Gah what a pack of lunatics ... "
Lahz D'Gemmel

ISP: 191/191
PPE: 22/22
HP: 32/32
SDC: 26/26

Worn:
NG RA5 Arrow Ride Armor
MD by Loc: Helmet: 35/35, Main Body: 30/30
Arms: [L] 14/14 . [R] 14/14 & Legs: [L] 18/18 . [R] 18/18

N-F50A Superheavy Force Field - Not Active
M.D.C.: 160/160

Weapons: Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol 2D8 MD or 4D8 MD, 900'

Other: Drone Command Gauntlet (NG2 pg 245) [Left Forearm, 10 MD, 5 Mile Wireless Range], Vibro-Knife [1d6 MD], Laser Eavesdropping Device, Multitool, Talismans from Vheld (several)

Accompanied by Ray the Droid (( NG-B50 ‘Thunderer’ BigBore Combat Hammer, Wilks Laser Sword & NG-SE9 Sharpshooter ))
User avatar
Lahz
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:38 am
Location: Rifts: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vinograd » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29/29%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 19
Conditions: None.

Detect Concealment 1d100 = 14/52% Pass (To find an entryway)
Military Fortifications 1d100 = 39/47% Pass (To figure out where a door may even be on a spaceship)

Vinograd stalks around the part of the ship the Spooks are looking at. His draconic senses failing in even the simple task of finding a door. "So what were they delivering I wonder?" Vinograd says in his deep voice. Vinograd being curious even goes so far as to try clawing at the ships hull, just to see how tough it is. (1d20+3 = 22; 4d6 = 14 M.D.) "It's a tough construct to be sure."
Vinograd
"We are a product of our upbringing, not of our genetics." Vinograd
M.D.C.: 422/422
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 88/88
User avatar
Vinograd
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:23 pm
Location: Spook Squad PC

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:19 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 86
PER: 1d100 = 93 vs. 51%

Vheld shakes his head in response to an inquiries about what his dimension sense found. "At the very least, I can rule out magic. I suggest we explore the ship while this interlude persists, and remove anything particularly valuable before the Coalition destroys the area." Assuming Carl concurs, Vheld addresses two of his minions. "Bel'Dar, remain out here and patrol the perimeter of this pocket dimension. Keep an eye out for any intruders. Sshir, you defend this location- ensure no others besides the Spook Squad enter. Keep a sharp lookout, but retreat and find me if you are overwhelmed."

To Carl, Vheld adds "I should be able to rift us out of here if need be. I'll keep some energy in reserve just in case. Let's get moving. Slithn, take point." Barring any objections, Vheld will mount Sil and with Brokswa fall in behind his wraith. Shortly after the team enters the ship, Sil (and Vheld) will enter phantom form.
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Carl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Perception[90]:1d100 = 4
JIC D20:1d20 = 1; D100:1d100 = 57
Conditions
Activated: OBERT device; Enchanted Earring - Casts Invisibility: Simple (4x/day (3 remaining); Motion Detector (40ft);Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init; Sound Suppression System; Enchanted Earring: Protection against all types of Fire (including magical); Telescopic (4-8x30 magnification, range 6000ft); Defender (ring) Protection from Undead, +1 save Protection from Spell Magic/Psionics Not activated: Thermal Imaging (range 3000ft); Armband: Time Slip talisman, 3 uses remaining, (lvl 5); (Sunglasses) Impervious to Energy Talisman, 3 use remaining (lv5)
Vheld wrote:To Carl, Vheld adds "I should be able to rift us out of here if need be. I'll keep some energy in reserve just in case. Let's get moving. Slithn, take point."
"That is good, having a quick exit available will probably make this easier." To everyone he says, "Ok, lets go loot...I mean lets go and pick up our delivery so that the ship can return to its owner." Carl cannot help but give a little smile as he makes the comment. *I guess this means that we will not be taking the ship and unless something new happens, there will be no need to destroy it.*
Carl
Constant Effects
MDC: Main Body200/200;
Amplified Hearing (range 360ft) +3 init;
Armor: Shadow Armor
• Attackers are -5 to strike the wearer in darkness
• M.D.C: Main body 400/400
Force Field: N-F50A Superheavy 160/160
Weapon in Hand: Duel Concealed Palm Energy Generators - Particle Beams:
☞ Mega-Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, a duel simultaneous blast inflicts 1d6x10 MD
Weapons: Duel Rune-Daisho Swords (hilts have wrist straps to secure them when used)
☞ The power of the Battle Fury can be summoned by the wielder of these swords. Both swords must be present for the power to work. (3 times per 24 hours))
☞ Katana: 5D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 5d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 8D6 M.D. to supernatural beings.
☞ Wakazashi: 3D6 S.D.C./H.P. to mortal foes, 3d6 M.D. to M.D.C. foes and 5D6 M.D. to supernatural beings. (Can cure wounds and bestow 5d6 HP and 5d6 sdc (or 4d6 mdc) at the same time (3 times per 24 hours))
Flight: Jet Pack[/size]
User avatar
Carl
Group Leader
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 pm
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 37

Conditions
  • H.P.: 101/101
  • S.D.C.: 177/177
  • I.S.P.: 283/366
    Harvester
  • 0/4:00 minutes
  • +1 on initiative
  • +1 to dodge
  • +1 to strike
  • +2 to parry
  • Cannot be surprised by sneak attacks
  • Damages creatures vulnerable to magic
  • Fire, heat, electrical and all energy attacks, including magic, do half damage.
    Psionic Crystal Armor
  • 35/35 MDC
  • Psionic Forcefield
  • 50/70 MDC
  • 3/4 Activations
    Cloak of Protection
  • 150/150 MDC
  • AR: 12
  • +2 to all saving throws
    Ring of Invisibility
  • 0/10 minutes
  • 1/3 Activations


Not needing to Object Read, Minerva listens to the broadcast that Lahz turned on via telemechanics. "Onos Corporation? I have never heard of them. So, this thing is truly from somewhere else then?" At the suggestion that they head inside, Minerva nods and heads into the entrance with the rest of the crew. If it is dark inside, she will activate her Nightvision. Otherwise, she just keeps her eyes open while inside, looking for any sort of indication of where they should head to pick up their package.
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Ace of Spades » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:06 am

That Seemed Way To Easy

A large doorway opens and out floats two large metallic crates. There is nothing but darkness within the ship. One crate is ten feet high, twenty feet long and about six feet wide. The second is three feet high, seven feet long and three feet wide. They stop right in front of Lahz. At this point the boosters start moving away from you, and unless you try to do something to prevent it they seem to be reattaching themselves to the ship. As the doors start to close you can see some movement from within. All but Vheld can see two featureless floating metallic objects moving away from the closing doors. The voice of the ship begins broadcasting once again in the same ridiculous amount of languages.

Photographic and geographic evidence has been taken as proof of the transaction. Have a nice day. You have exactly one hour to depart and then this ship will attempt to leave this world and return to the corporation. Please be careful as you exit because the ordinance that was launched will continue on their trajectory as soon as the current status of spatio-temporal uncertainty has ended.

What do you do???
Spooks OOC
Spooks HQ: The Haunt
Adventures of The Spooks

“Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will.”
User avatar
Ace of Spades
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: AGM: Spook Squad

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Minerva » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 53

The crates sliding out of the vessel seem almost too easy for Minerva's tastes. "Eso fue demasiado rápido. ¿Cómo sabía que éramos los clientes verificados? No importa. ¡Tomemos las cajas y salgamos de aquí!"

With no other dangers currently presenting themselves, Minerva activates her Hyper-Telekinesis and attempts to lift the largest crate (2700 lbs limit). "¿Alguno de ustedes puede obtener al pequeño?" She moves the large crate onto the APC, settling it securely in the cargo hold before settling herself into a seat and strapping in. "Shall we?" She waits for Vheld to initiate the magical transportation.

Translations
"Eso fue demasiado rápido. ¿Cómo sabía que éramos los clientes verificados? No importa. ¡Tomemos las cajas y salgamos de aquí!"="That was entirely too quick. How did it know we were the verified customers? No matter. Let's take the crates and get the hell out of here!"
"¿Alguno de ustedes puede obtener al pequeño?"="Can one of you get the little one?"
Minerva
Grace Minerva
HP: 92/92
SDC: 177/177
ISP: 334/334


NG-A8 Scout Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 35/35 • Main Body: 50/50
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25
• Left Leg: 40/40 • Right Leg: 40/40

Modifiers: -5% to movement and physical skills

Wilk's Laser Sword: 5D6 MD. Duration: 15 + 5D6 minutes per E-Clip. Modifiers: cannot parry with this weapon
Wilk's-Remi 104 Derringer: 2D4 MD. 4/4. Range: 300'. ROF: 2 simultaneous shots.


Image
User avatar
Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: Skyfallen

Postby Vheld » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 am

JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 49
PER: 1d100 = 41 vs. 51%

Vheld's eyes narrow suspiciously. That was anticlimactic. Not to mention way too easy. Still, they can't all be fights to the death against a goddess of death. He turns to Lahz. "I don't suppose there's anything you could do to keep this vessel here, is there? There must be more of value inside." Assuming the elf answers in the negative, Vheld shakes his head sadly. More's the pity. But the shifter knows better than to look a gift horse in the mouth. To Carl, Vheld will say "I recommend we rift back to MercTown directly. We can retrieve the booster I cast into the void as some additional salvage and pick up the others later." Assuming they're still alive.

Once Carl gives the OK, Vheld draws deeply from his energy spheres and opens a rift directly back to the Haunt ((-1000 PPE)).
Stay back!
Spell Strength +5 (victims need 17 or better to save vs. Vheld's incantations)
Automatically sense Vampires (1000 ft/100% chance to recognize on sight), Rifts (550 miles), and Ley Lines (85%, 100 miles; +10% for nexuses); Sustained (9d remaining)
PPE: 327/327 (Vheld), 83/83 (Sil), 86/126 (Sshir), 200/200 (Slithn), 118/118 (Bel'Dar), 126/126 (Brokswa). ISP: 28/90 (Medallion)
Energy Spheres (30d remaining for all)
  • 2 1000/1000 floating behind Vheld
  • 1 600/1000 in sacks attached to Bel'Dar
  • 1 1000/1000 S'shir
  • 1 850/1000 Brokswa
Curse: Phobia- 0/3
Weapon in Hand- TW Storm Staff.[/size]
User avatar
Vheld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Rifts PC (The Spook Squad)

PreviousNext

Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests