Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escor (Grimloq)

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escor (Grimloq)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am

Grimloq arrives at the designated gathering location outside MercTown and finds a handful of others already there.

Based on Cliff's description, the Grackle Tooth is able to pick out the mission leader without difficulty. He has the looks of a rugged wilderness scout who has successfully seen many winters (as indicated by his full head of gray hair).

"Get those crates loaded! My intel says our window to make this run is VERY tight." Meecham hollars, a pair of dockworkers in lifting exoskeletons hustle to move the pallets into the cargo space of the Salamander.

The sight of Grimloq draws a smirk to the man's face, he scurries over, "Well I'll be, Fixer wasn't kidding. You certainly have the look of some real muscle. And who is this fella, Silonar? Wait, no, a Dinostang. Good! We'll have you in close support in front of the Salamander. Maybe you'll scare away some of the less determined bandits."

Gesturing at a few other rough-and-tumble looking individuals, he makes some brief introductions, "Grimloq, meet Ace, Trek, Fineas and Thondla. They will be the rest of the escort. Ace will be in the Salamander with me. Trek is running advance recon, scouting ahead on his hovercycle and Fineas and Thondla will be on the flanks. First part is going to be pretty dull as we will stick with the major thoroughfare. But as we draw close to the town, we are going to try an unorthodox entry point." It is hard for Grimloq to be certain, but he suspects that he is the sturdiest among the escort detail. All of them are human and based on their demeanor, Grimloq's best guess is that Ace is a pilot, Trek a wilderness scout, Fineas and Thondla mercenary grunts. Inwardly, Grimloq worries that if they are going to be ambushed by a Coalition sponsored black-ops group, he may need to do the heavy lifting as the rest of the escort may be outclassed.

GM Notes:
  • Please include any special preparations that Grimloq makes in advance as part of your post.
  • Also include five Detect Ambush rolls in your next post.
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escor (Grimloq)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Perception vs 31%=1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 18|1d100 = 52

Grimloq takes his time leaving MercTown. It had been some time since he had been in a population center this big. As he checks his tickets at the gates and gets his gear back, Grimloq will recheck the weapons to ensure they are still in working order. He then begin to make a steady pace towards the meetup point.

As Grimloq gets within a mile of the rendezvous point he will begin a circle of the location looking for anything that might be amiss. When he returns to the beginning of his circle, he will begin his final approach.(Detect Ambush roll 1)

When he gets close, Grimloq will take in the state of affairs. This is a small crew. I wonder how much these other guys are being paid. He will move Thumper towards the team leader and stop a respectable distance away to dismount. Stepping towards the Team Leader, Grimloq will remove his hat and put out the stub of his cigar. ”Mr. Fixer Jones heard you needed some support on a supply run. The man seems to want to keep you alive. So he sent me, Boss.”

Team Leader wrote: "Well I'll be, Fixer wasn't kidding. You certainly have the look of some real muscle. And who is this fella, Silonar? Wait, no, a Dinostang. Good! We'll have you in close support in front of the Salamander. Maybe you'll scare away some of the less determined bandits."


”This fella is Thumper.” Grimloq introduces his mount by motioning over his shoulder. Thumper stomps the ground and hoots. ”What is it we are actually looking at doing boss?” Grimloq finishes as he eyes the hover train.

Team Leader wrote: "Grimloq, meet Ace, Trek, Fineas and Thondla. They will be the rest of the escort. Ace will be in the Salamander with me. Trek is running advance recon, scouting ahead on his hovercycle and Fineas and Thondla will be on the flanks. First part is going to be pretty dull as we will stick with the major thoroughfare. But as we draw close to the town, we are going to try an unorthodox entry point."


Grimloq eyes the others of the team up and down with a suspicious look. ”If that is what you wanna do boss, that’s what we gunna do. These boys don’t seem that cut however. If that one-“ Grimloq motions towards Ace. ”-knows how to drive a rig like you got we might have chance. But that’s still slim if we are trying to run past Dead Boys, like Mr. Fixer Jones alluded to.”

Grimloq will take a moment to eye the Salamander and the number of cargo pods it may have attached. ”Is there room for us in there?” The Grackle-Tooth motions towards the cargo areas. ”We would not slow the convoy down that way, and any scouts would not know of our presence, Boss.”(Camouflage roll 2)

Grimloq pauses before continuing: ”Boss, If all we are wanting to do is break through, perhaps we should add a few dummy pods. Something for them Skull-F&@k’s to look at. Before it blows up in their face.” Grimloq smiles at the idea before shrugging as he gives the advice. ”Don’t matter to me none. Ill get you to where you want to go. But if we want to keep the cargo, it might be worth factoring in. These boys-”Grimloq motions towards Fineas and Thondla with an unlit cigar. ”Don’t seem like much however. If it comes to a real fight it might be better to have them further for an advanced warning to the Salamander.” He eyes Fineas as he finishes, daring him to say something. (Intimidate roll 2)

”After all, they are on some fast bikes; they should be able to get back to help out quick enough if anything does happen.”[b] Grimloq fishes for his lighter. [b]”If you can make it happen boss, I might want to be riding on the Salamander near the front and most valuable of the cargo you want to be seen through the combat lines.”

No matter the orders, Grimloq will fall in line and give a good natured: ”Yes, Boss. to any simple ask.


Concerning Rolls:
1. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 58: Let’s check out the meeting spot
2. Camouflage vs 50%: 1d100 = 33: Let’s hide our biggest weapon
3. Intimidate vs 60%: 1d100 = 22:Lets push buttons ‘cuz we can
4. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 79:Let’s not get caught
5. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 2:Let’s not get caught
6. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 87:Let’s not get caught
7. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 4:Let’s not get caught
8. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 14:Let’s not get caught
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:121/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 33/33
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 31
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 116/116 | Main Body: 90/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm


Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests