Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie)

Out of the Frying Pan: The Spook Squad get in trouble yet again.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am

Grimloq arrives at the designated gathering location outside MercTown and finds a handful of others already there.

Based on Cliff's description, the Grackle Tooth is able to pick out the mission leader without difficulty. He has the looks of a rugged wilderness scout who has successfully seen many winters (as indicated by his full head of gray hair).

"Get those crates loaded! My intel says our window to make this run is VERY tight." Meecham hollars, a pair of dockworkers in lifting exoskeletons hustle to move the pallets into the cargo space of the Salamander.

The sight of Grimloq draws a smirk to the man's face, he scurries over, "Well I'll be, Fixer wasn't kidding. You certainly have the look of some real muscle. And who is this fella, Silonar? Wait, no, a Dinostang. Good! We'll have you in close support in front of the Salamander. Maybe you'll scare away some of the less determined bandits."

Gesturing at a few other rough-and-tumble looking individuals, he makes some brief introductions, "Grimloq, meet Ace, Trek, Fineas and Thondla. They will be the rest of the escort. Ace will be in the Salamander with me. Trek is running advance recon, scouting ahead on his hovercycle and Fineas and Thondla will be on the flanks. First part is going to be pretty dull as we will stick with the major thoroughfare. But as we draw close to the town, we are going to try an unorthodox entry point." It is hard for Grimloq to be certain, but he suspects that he is the sturdiest among the escort detail. All of them are human and based on their demeanor, Grimloq's best guess is that Ace is a pilot, Trek a wilderness scout, Fineas and Thondla mercenary grunts. Inwardly, Grimloq worries that if they are going to be ambushed by a Coalition sponsored black-ops group, he may need to do the heavy lifting as the rest of the escort may be outclassed.

GM Notes:
  • Please include any special preparations that Grimloq makes in advance as part of your post.
  • Also include five Detect Ambush rolls in your next post.
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escor (Grimloq)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Perception vs 31%=1d100 = 72
JIC: 1d20 = 18|1d100 = 52

Grimloq takes his time leaving MercTown. It had been some time since he had been in a population center this big. As he checks his tickets at the gates and gets his gear back, Grimloq will recheck the weapons to ensure they are still in working order. He then begin to make a steady pace towards the meetup point.

As Grimloq gets within a mile of the rendezvous point he will begin a circle of the location looking for anything that might be amiss. When he returns to the beginning of his circle, he will begin his final approach.(Detect Ambush roll 1)

When he gets close, Grimloq will take in the state of affairs. This is a small crew. I wonder how much these other guys are being paid. He will move Thumper towards the team leader and stop a respectable distance away to dismount. Stepping towards the Team Leader, Grimloq will remove his hat and put out the stub of his cigar. ”Mr. Fixer Jones heard you needed some support on a supply run. The man seems to want to keep you alive. So he sent me, Boss.”

Team Leader wrote: "Well I'll be, Fixer wasn't kidding. You certainly have the look of some real muscle. And who is this fella, Silonar? Wait, no, a Dinostang. Good! We'll have you in close support in front of the Salamander. Maybe you'll scare away some of the less determined bandits."


”This fella is Thumper.” Grimloq introduces his mount by motioning over his shoulder. Thumper stomps the ground and hoots. ”What is it we are actually looking at doing boss?” Grimloq finishes as he eyes the hover train.

Team Leader wrote: "Grimloq, meet Ace, Trek, Fineas and Thondla. They will be the rest of the escort. Ace will be in the Salamander with me. Trek is running advance recon, scouting ahead on his hovercycle and Fineas and Thondla will be on the flanks. First part is going to be pretty dull as we will stick with the major thoroughfare. But as we draw close to the town, we are going to try an unorthodox entry point."


Grimloq eyes the others of the team up and down with a suspicious look. ”If that is what you wanna do boss, that’s what we gunna do. These boys don’t seem that cut however. If that one-“ Grimloq motions towards Ace. ”-knows how to drive a rig like you got we might have chance. But that’s still slim if we are trying to run past Dead Boys, like Mr. Fixer Jones alluded to.”

Grimloq will take a moment to eye the Salamander and the number of cargo pods it may have attached. ”Is there room for us in there?” The Grackle-Tooth motions towards the cargo areas. ”We would not slow the convoy down that way, and any scouts would not know of our presence, Boss.”(Camouflage roll 2)

Grimloq pauses before continuing: ”Boss, If all we are wanting to do is break through, perhaps we should add a few dummy pods. Something for them Skull-F&@k’s to look at. Before it blows up in their face.” Grimloq smiles at the idea before shrugging as he gives the advice. ”Don’t matter to me none. Ill get you to where you want to go. But if we want to keep the cargo, it might be worth factoring in. These boys-”Grimloq motions towards Fineas and Thondla with an unlit cigar. ”Don’t seem like much however. If it comes to a real fight it might be better to have them further for an advanced warning to the Salamander.” He eyes Fineas as he finishes, daring him to say something. (Intimidate roll 2)

”After all, they are on some fast bikes; they should be able to get back to help out quick enough if anything does happen.”[b] Grimloq fishes for his lighter. [b]”If you can make it happen boss, I might want to be riding on the Salamander near the front and most valuable of the cargo you want to be seen through the combat lines.”

No matter the orders, Grimloq will fall in line and give a good natured: ”Yes, Boss. to any simple ask.


Concerning Rolls:
1. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 58: Let’s check out the meeting spot
2. Camouflage vs 50%: 1d100 = 33: Let’s hide our biggest weapon
3. Intimidate vs 60%: 1d100 = 22:Lets push buttons ‘cuz we can
4. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 79:Let’s not get caught
5. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 2:Let’s not get caught
6. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 87:Let’s not get caught
7. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 4:Let’s not get caught
8. Detect Ambush vs 55%: 1d100 = 14:Let’s not get caught
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escor (Grimloq)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:37 am

Grimloq's suggestions are met with a surprising amount of attention. Meecham expresses surprise at the Grackle Tooth's initiative and the insight of his suggestions. "Got a noggin there to match those bulging muscles," he says with a wry smirk, "Don't worry, I've enough self esteem not to be offended. Feel free to speak your mind when on mission with me."

Meecham thinks hard about Grimloq's suggestions before replying, "I'm afraid the window is too small for us to procure additional pods to lace with explosive ordinance. But I do like the idea of your riding inside the Salamander, running faster and having our outriders at greater range for more advanced notice."

Turning toward everyone else, Meecham waves a pointed finger above and around his head, "Let's wrap it up and get on the road fellas! Trek, Fineas, Thondla, you're going to ride a half-click further out. You are our eyes and ears. If you radio in and don't hear confirmation, assume we are being jammed and make your way back to us to report your findings."

Five minutes later, the convoy is on the road.

The vast majority of the trip is uneventful. From inside the transport, Grimloq is able to remain near the front and observe. He concludes that Meecham's plan was to travel directly toward their destination but then five miles out, perform a large circumvention, making their final approach from a different side of the village. Luckily, the modifications to the deployment pay out.

Before the maneuver is completed, Trek physically returns to the Salamander. Once inside the cargo space, he makes his report. "Comms are jammed. The approach ahead is blocked. They have set up a trap on our pre-planned path. I counted five stationed at the blockade and saw a scout in the woods. Left that bugger with my speed." Trek's confidence instead draws skepticism from Meecham.

"If you saw one scout, how many did you fail to see I wonder. Doesn't matter. Time is of the essence. Get back out there and recall Fineas and Thondla. We need to circle the wagon. Five minutes. Then get back here." Meecham orders, his tone deadly serious. Trek nods and rides off.

Based on such talk, Grimloq anticipates that the fight will likely come to them.
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escor (Grimloq)

Postby Grimloq » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 65
JIC:1d100 = 34|1d20 = 10

Grimloq is silent as during the majority of the travel, letting Meecham and driver do their thing. Quiet now. It won’t be for long.

Meecham wrote: "If you saw one scout, how many did you fail to see I wonder. Doesn't matter. Time is of the essence. Get back out there and recall Fineas and Thondla. We need to circle the wagon. Five minutes. Then get back here." Meecham orders, his tone deadly serious. Trek nods and rides off.


”We should continue on boss. This here-“ He bangs the metal wall of the cargo pod. ”-Is nothing more than canvas over a wagon. It won’t take too many hits, and I don’t see how stopping will make it harder for them to hit us. Let’s break through their lines. They won’t expect it and I guarantee they are not expecting me. I can draw their attention and prove a big enough target to allow the Salamander to get through with minimal attention given to it if we do it right.”

Grimloq double checks the drum magazine for his shotgun and powers up his Plasma Ejector as he talks, ensuring his gear is in order with one final once-over.

” If they knew our route they are probably behind us too. We don’t want to have them fall in on us on all sides; I would rather dictate how the engagement is handled instead of the enemy. I say we continue on ahead and right before they move on us, I will move on them, drawing their attention from the salamander and allowing you to break through.”

Grimloq will look to Meecham for his direction, nodding an affirmative to whatever the man decides. Today isn’t a bad day. I am going to be paid and I get to kill some Dead Boys.”Yes, Boss.”
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq)

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 am

Grimloq's new round of suggestions are met with a bit more consternation from Meecham. He stares a moment in the direction of the departed scout. Doubt is written all over Meecham's face. But he takes another look at Grimloq's confidence in the matter and nods slowly. "You heard 'em. Let's get the jump on these dead boys." Meecham remarks to Ace who nods enthusiastially and urges the Salamander forward.

"With the comms jammed, it'll take our recon folk a little longer to get back to us if something goes wr..." Meecham begins to intuit as they draw closer to the checkpoint, only just seeing the barricade in the distance. The man is unexpectedly interrupted by an explosion beneath the Salamander. The concussive shockwave jolts the transport, sending everyone inside airborne before landing in a jumbled mess. Ace smacks his head against the console and Meecham (who was standing at the time) gets the worst of it, falling awkwardly in an unnatural contortion. Grimloq seems to do more damage to the equipment he collides with than suffer any real damage himself. Fortunately, light body armor cushions some of the blow for the 'squishies' and both Ace and Meecham are responsive soon after, though filling the air of the transport with groans of discomfort and confusion.

"Wha... Ow!" Meecham utters as he tries to move, "Huuuh. My leg... I think it's dislocated at the hip."

A bit more cogent, Ace shakes away the cobwebs and his fingers nimbly dance across the console, "Hover engines two through five are down. What the heck was that, and anti-tank mine or something?!"
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq)

Postby Grimloq » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:59 am

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 2
JIC:1d100 = 72|1d20 = 3

Grimloq lets off a low rumble of a growl as he pulls himself back to his feet, his tail lashing in annoyance. ”I think that’s my que.”Mines? They are risking the cargo… huh guess they don’t want it. Well lets see how we can salvage this clusterf&#k.

To Ace, Grimloq talks as he helps Meecham up into a chair. ”The Boss said you knew how to drive. Do that. I want you to veer off to the side, so I can use the Salamander as cover as I disembark, then do your best to stay in one piece. Got it?”

Grimloq will buckle Meecham into the chair. ”Stay put boss, this will all be over soon.” Grimloq will scoop up his hat as he moves to leave the compartment. Now is the time to earn your pay. Let’s show these MercTown boys how a real gun for hire deals with the Coalition.

Grimloq will move to Thumpers location and slide open the pod door, hoping Ace had followed his instructions to turn in such a way to give some cover when exiting the cargo pod. ”Alright boy! It’s time to get to work.” Thumper will hoot, pawing the floor of the cargo pod. ”I know we are on the transport already. We have to go stop others from taking it. We are the good guys this time!” Thumper shakes his head, clearly not liking the idea, but the Dinostang does move to the open side of the cargo pod.

As Thumper hops out of the cargo pod, Grimloq will move to leap onto the Dinostang’s back (.1 Horsemanship: Cowboy). Once outside the Salamnder, Grimloq will direct Thumper to maintain pace with the transport until it begins to peel away from the mine field (if it does), leaving Grimloq and Thumper heading towards the barricade alone

Concerning rolls:
1. Horsemanship: Cowboy vs 72% 1d100 = 78
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:45 am

Ace nods at Grimloq's suggestion and guides the vehicle bit off the road, nestling it against a handful of trees. "With so many engines down, we're not going far without replacement. We have a few spares, but will wait to swap them out until after combat."

As Grimloq is belting Meecham in place, the wounded man grabs onto part of the Grackle Tooth's loose clothing and says, gritting through the pain, "Hold up a moment, if you're planning on hitting them, take the reserve Connie. She's up in the concealed turret right now but I think her skill-set would be better applied supporting your assault."

"Connie!" Meecham yells as loud as he can, then nods to Ace who stands up, opens a circular hatch above their main pilot compartment, and catches the descending ladder.

"Connie!" Ace yells up, echoing their employer in tone and volume.

<enter Connie>

"Connie, you may have noticed that we hit a snag tripping some sort of mine. Go with Grimloq to assault the barricade. Ace, you're up on the turret. Fire on hostiles, but we aren't fighting to the death on this one. Better live and fight another day than die nameless on the side of the road."




Grimloq, Thumper and Connie make their way toward the barricade. At a distance, they are able to make sense of what they are up against. The barricade serves as a pretty standard bottleneck for vehicles traversing their road. With dense woods flanking either side of the road, two MDC barricades, each 4.5 feet tall, are sufficient to channel traffic single-file down the center of the road.

Code: Select all
 <trees> |    | <trees>
 <trees> |    | <trees>
 <trees> |/  \| <trees>
 <trees> |    | <trees>
 <trees> |    | <trees>

Two individuals in standard deadboy armor with long-arms are standing guard at the checkpoint with nobody in the queue to be examined. One stands behind each barricade and both have their rifles pointed in the direction of the road, but it is unclear if they have seen you (or if you wanted to be seen yet). No doubt the explosion alerted them to something out of the ordinary.

Grimloq has the nagging suspicion that they are being watched. His eyes cast about to the woods and he thinks he spots something but upon looking closer, identifies the movement as a branch swaying in the wind. The Grackle Tooth also hears the tell-tale whine of SAMAS engines off in the distance. Based on the resonance, probably only two of them. But they are getting closer.

GM Notes:
  • Need you to lay out your plan of approach. Combat will begin next round.
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 5% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 60

Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Ace nods at Grimloq's suggestion and guides the vehicle bit off the road, nestling it against a handful of trees. "With so many engines down, we're not going far without replacement. We have a few spares, but will wait to swap them out until after combat."

As Grimloq is belting Meecham in place, the wounded man grabs onto part of the Grackle Tooth's loose clothing and says, gritting through the pain, "Hold up a moment, if you're planning on hitting them, take the reserve Connie. She's up in the concealed turret right now but I think her skill-set would be better applied supporting your assault."

"Connie!" Meecham yells as loud as he can, then nods to Ace who stands up, opens a circular hatch above their main pilot compartment, and catches the descending ladder.

"Connie!" Ace yells up, echoing their employer in tone and volume.

<enter Connie>

"Connie, you may have noticed that we hit a snag tripping some sort of mine. Go with Grimloq to assault the barricade. Ace, you're up on the turret. Fire on hostiles, but we aren't fighting to the death on this one. Better live and fight another day than die nameless on the side of the road."



"Bloody hell, no need to shout!", are Connie's first words when she appears. She hears Meecham out and nods, "Alright, time to work. Gimme a couple minutes to suit up.". Connie dons her Nightreaper armor before joining Grimloq, "After you Grim.", she says cheerfully.


Aegis of No Retreat wrote:Grimloq, Thumper and Connie make their way toward the barricade. At a distance, they are able to make sense of what they are up against. The barricade serves as a pretty standard bottleneck for vehicles traversing their road. With dense woods flanking either side of the road, two MDC barricades, each 4.5 feet tall, are sufficient to channel traffic single-file down the center of the road.

Code: Select all
 <trees> |    | <trees>
 <trees> |    | <trees>
 <trees> |/  | <trees>
 <trees> |    | <trees>
 <trees> |    | <trees>

Two individuals in standard deadboy armor with long-arms are standing guard at the checkpoint with nobody in the queue to be examined. One stands behind each barricade and both have their rifles pointed in the direction of the road, but it is unclear if they have seen you (or if you wanted to be seen yet). No doubt the explosion alerted them to something out of the ordinary.

Grimloq has the nagging suspicion that they are being watched. His eyes cast about to the woods and he thinks he spots something but upon looking closer, identifies the movement as a branch swaying in the wind. The Grackle Tooth also hears the tell-tale whine of SAMAS engines off in the distance. Based on the resonance, probably only two of them. But they are getting closer.



As the trio moves toward the barricade, Connie reaches out with her mind looking for any mental contacts in the area*. She also fiddles with the radar in an effort to locate the SAMAS in the area.


{Skill Rolls & Active Psychic Powers}
Sensory Equipment 50% / 1d100 = 41
*Extended Presence Sense; I.S.P.: 4, Range: 53', Duration: 9 minutes, This power essentially functions like the standard Presence Sense power, yet also allows the psychic to pinpoint the exact number and location of all sentient beings in the area of effect. Otherwise, this power is identical to the standard ability.
Last edited by Connie on Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:58 pm

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 18
JIC:1d100 = 25|1d20 = 3
Connie wrote: "After you Grim.", she says cheerfully.

“Why Thank you my dear.” Grimloq eyes Connie in her armor with a suspicious look. What is this little-one s’posed to be? A ninja? ”That is some fancy armor you are wearing, I hope it is hiding a few fun surprises.” The Highwayman does a final weapons check before holstering his shotgun and keeping his energy weapon at the ready. ”We have fly-boys coming in quick like, let’s deal with the ground troops before they get here, what do you say Little-One?” Grimloq says to Connie.

Thumper gives her a sniff and is about to lick her optics before Grimloq pills him away with the reigns. ” Don’t be making friends just yet girl, we got a fight to deal with first..” The Grackle-Tooth nudges the Dinostang forward with a knee and the two begin moving at a trot (~40mph) towards the barricade.

[b]”Keep an eye on the trees, they Knew we are coming, if they don’t try to surprise us I would swear it’s Christmas”
(1 Detect Ambush) Grimloq says to both Thumper and Connie if she is within earshot. The Bandit also keeps his eyes on the roads, looking for more mines. Thumper is rather heavy and could easily set off any anti-vehicle munition. (2 Trap/Mine Detection)

” So, Little-One,-“ Grimloq calls to Connie as they advance. ”-how is it you know the Boss? He seems to have some powerful friends back in MercTown.” Grimloq pats his pockets, looking for a cigar but has trouble locating on with his free hand. ” Ever fight a Dead-Boy before?” Grimloq will grin when he finds the stub of a cigar in a pocket. He will put it into the corner of his mouth.

Grimloq will begin to open fire if they reach half range (750’) without them acting. If the soldiers begin to move in a threatening manner, Grimloq will divert Thumper into the woods to the side if possible and pick up speed, so he can approach with some modicum of cover.

Concerning Rolls:
1. Detect Ambush Vs. 55%:1d100 = 85
2. Trap/Mine Detection Vs. 40%:1d100 = 45
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:02 am

Grimloq and Connie ride at a brisk pace toward the barricade. In an effort to pinpoint the locations of their foe, Connie tries psychically feel her surroundings with extended presence sense. But she only senses the three of them (Grimloq, Connie, Thumper). It takes a moment but she realizes that given the limited range of the psychic ability, it may have been better spent in an urban environment with walls and rooms to clear. In the wilderness, with the dead boys brandishing ranged weaponry, she is unable to even sense the pair of sentries up ahead at the barricade that she can see.

Instead, turning to her PA's radar, Connie gets more useful information. Coupled with their characteristic whine, the psi-slayer can confirm a pair of bogies incoming and presumes them to be SAMAS suits. At their distance and rate of speed (fast), Connie concludes they will likely be in range to fire rail gun rounds within the next 30 seconds (2 melee rounds). It would be best if they were not out in the open at that time.

Since the trio ride straight up the road toward the barricade, they are highly visible. Well before Grimloq's intended 750', at about 2000', the pair of guards at the barricade open fire. Laser fire ionizes the air near them and creates scorch marks on the ground nearby. The Grackle Tooth immediately pulls hard on Thumper's reins and urges his faithful mount off the road and into the cover of trees. If they had the element of surprise before, it has been lost now.

As they hold fast behind a dense copse, laser light vaporizes pockmarked tunnels inside nearby trees but not significantly degrading their cover. A nagging thought itches the back of Grimloq's mind. Trek had reported five at the barricade and one scout in the woods. So where the heck are the rest of the dead boys?

Combat situation
  • Two soldiers in standard dead boy armor wielding laser rifles behind barricades (2000')
  • <presumably> Two SAMAS incoming (ETA for weapons range, 30 seconds)
  • <presumed missing> At least 1 scout, 3 others.
  • Salamander: Ace & Meecham (injured)
  • Trek (hovercycle), Fineas (hovercycle), Thondla (hovercycle) should be recalling to the Salamander, but will be heading to prior location given the lack of communication about Salamander movement.
Combat posts!
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 61
Initiative: 1d20 = 2 (+3 outside power armor/+4 inside power armor)

Connie turns to Grimloq as she crouches behind cover next to him, "Well good news is I located the two SAMAS on radar. Bad news is they will be knocking on our door in less then 30 seconds. Got any ideas?". She draws her sidearm and grimaces. Looking back up at Grimloq she says, "I'll be right back. I left something behind in the Salamander.". Connie pushes the power armor to its top speed and sprints back to the Salamander, weaving about as she does so to avoid any gun fire sent her way. Once she reaches the transport she radios Meecham, "Got any spare energy rifles in the Salamander? I can't find mine and there are 2 SAMs in bound plus the Deadboys at the barricade itself.". Connie looks around inside the vehicle herself, opening up anything that looks like a weapons locker in search of any energy rifle she can get her hands on.


Action #1: Speaking to Grimloq and drawing her pistol
Action #2: Moving back to Salamander & Dodge: 1d20+4 = 8
Action #3: Moving back to Salamander & Dodge: 1d20+4 = 5
Action #4: Moving back to Salamander & Dodge: 1d20+4 = 6
Action #5: Moving back to Salamander & Dodge: 1d20+4 = 12
Action #6: Radio Meecham and search Salamander for an energy rifle
Action #7: Searching Salamander for an energy rifle
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:38 am

Perception vs. 31%:1d100 = 18
JIC:1d100 = 20|1d20 = 18
Initiative(+1 from Horsemanship: Cowboy:1d20+9 = 25

Connie wrote:"Well good news is I located the two SAMAS on radar. Bad news is they will be knocking on our door in less then 30 seconds. Got any ideas?".


”Well mam, I reckon we should be more worried about those we don’t-“ Grimloq eyes the barricade with suspicion, his attention only passively on his new partner in crime.

Connie wrote: She draws her sidearm and grimaces. Looking back up at Grimloq she says, "I'll be right back. I left something behind in the Salamander.".


Grimloq blinks slowly and risks the moment to watch her fall back, the stub of cigar threatening to fall out of his mouth. She is Meechams Cousin, or sister? Got to be. Given an opportunity and at the first sign of actual combat… Grimloqs eyes sharpen as he focuses on the crippled transport and the trees to its flanks. On the other hand…

”Good thinking hun! If I were to bet half my pay, I’de say there will be a flanking force hitting the Salamnder ‘bout when those fly-boys arrive. I’ll clear up the barricade and any lingering scouts, hold down the fort until I can circle back.” The Grackle-Tooth calls out after Connie.

”Alright girl, lets get down to business” He pats Thumpers neck affectionately. Now, How are we going to- ”Shit!” Grimloq ducks to avoid the beginnings of the energy fire onslaught. ”I guess now is the time!”

Grimloq turns Thumpers trajectory and they dive into the thicket on the side of the road, continuing their approach to the barricade at a full out gallop through the underbrush, trusting in his mount to find the path of least resistance. Grimloq himself takes the time to line up a few shots and let loose with his own Plasma weapon.

Horsemanship:Cowboy:vs 82% (including saddle):1d100 = 81

Concerning Actions:
Action 1: Approach the barricade at a Full Gallop through the underbrush (up to ~80 yards on open terrain, half in difficult?)
Action 2: Shoot at most open target, if any: 1d20+8 = 14 -6 wildshot
Damage: 6d6 = 24MDC
----Action 2a: if no open target, dodge:1d20+10 = 15
Actions 3: Called Shot at same target, or target in cover:1d20+10 = 19 -6wildshot
Damage:6d6 = 26MDC
Action 4: Shoot a third time instead of called shot: 1d20+7 = 9 -6wildshot
Damage:6d6 = 22MDC
Action 5: Reserved for dodge (Horsemanship included):1d20+10 = 29
Action 6: Reserved for dodge (Horsemanship included):1d20+10 = 27
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:12 am

Confronted with the prospect of a firefight, Connie suddenly remembers that she left something important back at the Salamander. She gives Grimloq a cursory heads-up and then urges her PA to sprint back to their mobile base. Initially suspicious of Connie's motives, it takes the Grackle Tooth mere moments to intuit the logic behind the tactical retreat. He instead gives his trusty mount a pat of encouragement before they charge the barricade.

[Connie]
Perhaps due to unexpected haste or simply a moment of clumsiness, as Connie's PA reaches full speed, she finds herself mentally and physically a half-step behind the war machine. Her legs move at the quickened pace, but instead of running, it feels a bit more akin to controlled falling. Temporarily cursed with two left feet, it is no surprise that she catches a laser shot from somewhere in the woods. It clips her shoulder ((-17 MDC Connie PA left arm)) leaving an ionization scorch mark and she is unable to triangulate its source. But now she knows there is at least one sniper in the woods between the Salamander and the barricade.

Connie arrives at the transport all bundled up (no openings leading to the inside) before she radios her plan. She hears static in response, reminding her that the comms are being actively jammed somehow. She gets Ace's attention and gestures the urgency of her needing to get inside. Not designed to be a fast deployment vehicle, the psi-slayer is forced to wait precious seconds as the cargo bay door opens enough for her to slip inside. As if recognizing the timing, but more likely Ace's doing, the bay door begins closing once Connie has cleared it.

Currently inside the cargo bay, Connie spots a weapons locker along one of the walls and can retrieve a well-worn Lynx laser rifle from inside ((round ends with Connie just getting inside cargo bay)).

Lynx Laser Rifle
Lynx Laser Rifle (well-used)
  • Range: 1,800'
  • Damage: 2D6 M.D. from a single blast or 4D6 M.D. from a dual, simultaneous blast (counts as one melee attack)
  • Rate of Fire: Each blast counts as one melee attack
  • Payload: 20 shots per E-Clip
  • Weight: 6 lbs.


[Grimloq]
Thumper obediently breaks out into a sprint, weaving its way toward the barricade, easily trampling the underbrush beneath. Grimloq hangs on, trying to adjust his weight as the dinostang makes course adjustments to dodge incoming weaponsfire. At the same time, the Grackle Tooth tries to give back, or at the very least keep enemy heads down, reducing the number of solid looks and shots they can get on him. He squeezes off a trio of shots as they make their bum rush. The first does cause heads to duck, but then seeing how errant the shot was, the latter two (which also miss tragically) do not instill a similar response. From behind their barricade, they squeeze off burst after burst.

Whether by skill or luck, one shooter (DB1) lands four while the other (DB2) only lands one. The first burst (DB1) catches Grimloq dead center a beautiful shot by any measure ((-46 MDC Grimloq main body, homespun armor shredded)). The second (DB1) catches Thumper in the leg ((-22 MDC Thumper Right Leg)). As the two wade through weaponsfire, they hit a patch of bad luck simultaneously. Thumper catches a burst (DB2) square in the chest at the same moment that Grimloq's helmet sustains a burst (DB1) that disintegrates what remains from the homespun armor ((-36 MDC Thumper Main Body. -36 MDC Grimloq Head)). Grimloq counts himself lucky to have had some modicum of protection around his noggin and during that moment of appreciation, catches another burst (DB1) in the chest ((-25 MDC Grimloq Main Body)).

After sustaining the withering fire, Grimloq and Thumper have now effectively flanked the barricade and require only one more action before being able to engage in melee. The two Dead Boys seem to know this too and are shifting to try to keep the barricade between them and the mounted Grackle Tooth.
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 8
JIC:1d100 = 60|1d20 = 20
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 29
Combat Status:
Grimloq: 86/121 MDC
-Wrecked Helmet & Chest Armor
7/10 Eclip in Plasma Ejector

Thumper: R. Front Leg Wrecked armor and 99/103 MDC to leg
Main body armor @ 68/90 MDC


Grimloq Curses in anger as the energy blasts connect with his chest and head. Using a free hand, he tears the useless scraps of animal hide off and growls. ” Alright girl, lets show them how Grimloq and Thumper fight. You taker the closest one, Ill deal with the other guy.”

Thumper hoots in agreement, her own chest armor still holding thankfully, but an open wound on her leg shines red with blood, the legs armor barely hanging on as it flaps against the Dinostangs flank.

Grimloq nudges Thumper into a more direct approach and lets of a roar of ferocity as he and Thumper leap out of the underbrush at the barricade. Thumper screams in anger at her wound, charging straight at the nearest Dead Boy.

As they close the distance, Thumper lowers her head and goes for a charging attack at the Deadboy. As she does so, Grimloq lets off a series of shots at the second Deadboy. Just before Thumper connects with the dead boy Grimloq slides off the saddle and falls into cover next to the barricade, attempting to keep some cover between himself and the second Dead boy (Trick Riding).

Horsemanship:Cowboy: vs 82%: 1d100 = 100
Action 1: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 20
Action 2: Dodge: 1d20+9 = 28
Action 3: Single shot 1d20+1 = 2 (Wild Shot included)
Damage: 6d6 = 24 MDC
Action 4: Single Shot 1d20+1 = 8 (Wild Shot included)
Damage:6d6 = 24 MDC
Action 5: Quick Dismount: Tick Riding: Horsemanship:Cowboy: vs 82%:1d100 = 55
Action 6: Single shot 1d20+7 = 25 -6 if Wild Shot?
Damage: 6d6 = 17 MDC


Thumpers Actions:
Actions 1-4: Full Gallop Ram Attack: 1d20+3 = 11
Damage:1d4 = 3x10+8 MDC + Knowckdown @ 80%:1d100 = 59 (loose init + 2 APM)
Action 5: Mule Kick: 1d20+3 = 22
Damage: 3d6 = 13MDC
Thumpers Auto-Dodge:
1d20+4 = 9| 1d20+4 = 11| 1d20+4 = 8| 1d20+4 = 6| 1d20+4 = 14
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69% (56%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 75
Initiative: 1d20 = 20 (+3 outside power armor/+4 inside power armor & +3 from Enhanced Reflexes))

Now inside the vehicle, Connie rummages through the weapons locker and triumphantly raises the Lynx rifle in the air, "Hah!". Examining the scorch mark on her armor, she is irritated, "I just bought this thing! And now look at it!", she complains as she makes her way to a hatchway that is not in line of sight of the sniper as she hopes to exit without being seen so she can take cover. Before she opens the hatchway, she pauses a moment to focus her psychic power into her body, boosting her adrenal system*. Once she has exited the vehicle again, she yanks the E-clip out of the Lynx and plugs in one of her suits UEL cables, checking that the connection shows up on her HUD. Next, she slowly peaks around the edge of the the transport exposing herself as little as possible. She is scanning the general direction the laser blast came from, hoping to spot the sniper and return the favor, "Gods damned Deadboy, where are you you little shit?". Once she has the sniper located (assuming she does this round) she will take carefully aimed shot at his helmet/head, crouching and bracing her rifle on a suitable projection from the trasnport.

Action #1: Recover the Lynx laser rifle dramatically.
Action #2: Get pissed about her armor and move to the hatchway.
Action #3: Activate Enhanced Reflexes and open the hatchway.
Action #4: Prowl out and peak around, looking for the sniper.
Action #5: Prowl out and peak around, looking for the sniper OR shooting the sniper in the head (Called shot); Strike: 1d20+8 = 14, Damage: 4d6 = 5 M.D.
Action #6: Prowl out and peak around, looking for the sniper OR shooting the sniper in the head.
Action #7: Prowl out and peak around, looking for the sniper OR shooting the sniper in the head.
Action #8: Reserved for dodging back behind full cover; Dodge: 1d20+6 = 13

{Skill Rolls}
Prowl 65%/1d100 = 69 (she is prowling as she exits the transport)
Tracking 55%/1d100 = 59 (I don't know if this really applies to her searching for the sniper, but I rolled it anyways)

{Psychic Powers Activated}
*Enhanced Reflexes; +1 APM, +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry & dodge, +2 P.P., +15% to all Physical skills, Total Duration: 9 minutes
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Aegis of No Retreat » Mon May 04, 2020 7:15 am

[Grimloq & Thumper]
Having no choice but to finish their attack on the barricade, Thumper shrugs off the leg wound and bursts into a full-speed ram. Grimloq continues to lay down fire on the approach but doesn't get close to hitting anyone. The two continue to fire from behind their cover and the Grackle Tooth manages to shift enough in his saddle to avoid the incoming bursts intended for him. More focused on anger and finishing the charge, Thumper catches a burst in the brunt of the barding ((-38 MDC. Thumper Main Body))

And as if to add insult to injury, the focus of the dinostang's ire, the closer Deadboy (DB1) manages to roll out of the way at the last moment, resulting in Thumper's collision with the barricade itself. Not only does the ram attack put a size-able dent in the defensive fortification, but even causes it to move from its position, suggesting that the barricade was either not properly secured or has been jostled loose from its anchors. As DB1 regains his footing, he is met with Thumper's second effort and catches the mule kick square in the chest.

Grimloq manages a graceful dismount from Thumper just prior to the collision and delivers a skillful shot against the second Deadboy (DB2). After, the Grackle Tooth and DB2 begin a ring-around-the-rosies sort of cat-and-mouse using the barricade as cover. Neither seems to have an advantage over the other.

[Connie]
After grabbing the rifle, Connie manages to slink her way back outside and is reasonably certain that she was not spotted. She stays alert for the sniper as she makes her way through the underbrush. The SAMAS sounds draw close and the psi-slayer is reasonably certain that they are converging on the Salamander position.

Prematurely, and probably giving away their position, the turret she had been manning in the Salamander opens up, firing uselessly on the incoming fliers. Connie can only surmise from the inaccurate fire and lack of range-finding that Meecham must have crawled into the turret and is trying to defend the convoy. Inwardly, the slayer can't help but wonder what good can come from the organizer getting involved in the messiness of combat. She concludes that he must have lost some of his wit through the pain of the injury he sustained.

On the upside, the weapons-fire draws a single shot from the Northeast ((at the end of the round)). It scorches the turret cupola, but does not compromise it. Connie's assessment is that the sniper has partial cover behind some brush and she has the opportunity to counter-snipe or if she expends some time ((3 actions next round)), can maneuver to get a melee drop on the sniper.


Enemy Butcher's Bill
  • Deadboy 1 (DB1): -13 MDC Main Body
  • Deadboy 2 (DB2): -17 MDC Main Body
  • Sniper 1 (S1): Unharmed.
  • SAMAS 1 (SAM1): Incoming next round. Unharmed
  • SAMAS 2 (SAM2): Incoming next round. Unharmed
ImageImage
User avatar
Aegis of No Retreat
Game Master
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:46 am
Location: GM: Spook Squad

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Fri May 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 7
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4 (+3 outside power armor/+4 inside power armor)

Having finally spotted the enemy sniper, Connie braces her borrowed rifle on the Salamander and draws a bead on his helmet. Exhaling she squeezes the trigger and attempts to put 2 shots into him and hopefully taking this enemy out of the picture for good.

Action #1: Called Dual Blast Shot to Enemy Snipers Head/Helmet; Strike: 1d20+9 = 21, Damage: 4d6 = 13 M.D.
Action #2: as above
Action #3: as above
Action #4: Called Dual Blast Shot to Enemy Snipers Head/Helmet; Strike: 1d20+9 = 28, Damage: 4d6 = 16 M.D.
Action #5: as above
Action #6: as above
Action #7: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+7 = 12
Action #8: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+7 = 19

{Current Effects}
Enhanced Reflexes; Range: Self, Duration: 3 minutes per level, I.S.P.: 5, Bonuses: +1 APM, +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry & dodge, +2 P.P., +15% to all Physical skills, Time Remaining: 8 min 45 sec
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Fri May 08, 2020 7:09 pm

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 9
JIC:1d100 = 84|1d20 = 18
Initiative:1d20+8 = 14(unmounted)
Horror Factor 12
Cuz Im a Grackle


Grimloq grunts as he falls in behind the concrete blockade, completely ignoring the Dead Boy engaged with Thumper. ”Give him a good stomping girl, I think he is the one who tagged you.” Grimloq says absently as he peers over the barricade he is leaning against, eyeing the second Dead Boy.I am not being paid enough for this.. How strong is their armor? Fuck it. Grimloq eyes the soldier for half a second longer before making a decision and raises his rifle, taking a bead on the Dead Boy. ”I came down this road in leathers, small thing. You think you are special all wrapped up in metal like that? I will crush that can you are hiding in and watch you ooze out.” Grimloq lets loose a series of shots at the Dead Boy.

Thumper Hoots in Rage as it faces off with the Dead Boy, her nostrils flaring. She lunges at the soldier, attempting a head butt before flipping around and following it up with a Mule kick and tail strike. She continues to circle and square off against the Dead Boy, death in her eyes.

Grimloq Actions:
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 92
Action 1 Shoot with Gun!:1d20+8 = 17
Damage: 6d6 = 20MDC
Action 2 Shoot with Gun!:1d20+8 = 13
Damage: 6d6 = 23MDC
Action 3 Shoot with Gun!:1d20+8 = 17
Damage: 6d6 = 20MDC
Action 4 Shoot with Gun!:1d20+8 = 16
Damage: 6d6 = 22MDC
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge:1d20+9 = 15
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge:1d20+9 = 22

Thumper Actions:
Action 1 Full Strength Head Butt 1d20+3 = 21
Damage 1d4 = 2MDC
Action 2 Mule Kick 1d20+3 = 6
Damage 2d4 = 5MDC
Action 3 Spiked Tail Strike, Full Strength 1d20+3 = 16
Damage 3d6 = 9MDC
Action 4 Reserved for dodge 1d20+2 = 20
Action 5 Reserved for dodge 1d20+2 = 12
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby The Apothecary » Sat May 16, 2020 9:03 am

[Grimloq & Thumper]
The sound of combat and PA engines echo between the trees. Grimloq dismounts to let his dinostang feast on the deadboys. Such an apt name for those about to meet such a fate, ”Give him a good stomping girl, I think he is the one who tagged you.” The rolls have seemed to switch for Grimloq and the deadboy (DB1).
As Grimloq shouts his challenge, ”I came down this road in leathers, small thing. You think you are special all wrapped up in metal like that? I will crush that can you are hiding in and watch you ooze out.” The deadboy seems shaken and his fire passes harmlessly to Grimloq’s left igniting a tree in the forest beyond. Meanwhile Grimloq’s return fire is nothing but aces. Until his weapon clicks empty. He hurriedly slaps in a new E-clip and fires off a final shot melting through the last of the leg armor and the leg beneath it. The deadboy crumples to the ground screaming momentarily before shock shuts down the rest of his functions.
Thumper seems to have also picked up some of Grimloq’s luck as the other deadboy glances a shot off the Dinostang’s armor, cosmetic really, then his weapon misfires and sparks. Grimloq can only imagine the look of pure terror beneath his helmet. The deadboy gets a good thump to the chest and his feet knocked out from underneath him from Thumper’s tail.

[Connie]
Connie having found her target lines him up. The sniper gets one more shot into the cuppala before Connie can fire. The shot is only mildly damaging. Connie’s shot rings true striking the man in the helmet. He immediately shifts his fire to Connie as she has presented herself as a threat now. A laser blast clips the side of Connie’s helmet at the same time she fires again at the sniper scoring another hit on the helmet. Connie shakes her head to clear it from the impact. It was really a glancing shot but startling nonetheless.(-2 MDC from Helmet)

The sounds of the SAMASs are ever closer. They will be on top of you in 15 seconds.

Enemy Butcher Bill
DB1 -13 MDC Main body, -63 Left Leg (Dead)
DB2 -19 MDC Main Body, -9 Left Leg
S1 -29 Head
SAMAS 1 (15 seconds out)
SAMAS 2 (15 Seconds out)
Attachments
Spooks side adventure Map.PNG
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Sun May 17, 2020 9:49 am

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 63
JIC:1d100 = 61|1d20 = 2
Initiative:1d20+8 = 25
Thumper Init:1d20+1 = 5
Horror Factor 12
Cuz Im a Grackle


Grimloq let’s out a half-disappointed laugh as the Dead boy falls. ”Tin Can.” He will stand up and casually shift the grip of his Plasma Ejector so he is holding it in one hand (non-threateningly) and draws his shotgun with the other in a one-handed grip, pointing it at the Dead Boy that Thumper knocking around. ”You don’t have any cigars on you, do you? Lighter?”
Horror Factor 12
A BigBore Sawed-Off being pointed at a mortal is scary.


Just as Thumper strikes at the Dead Boy with a Full-strength Tail strike, The Grackle-Tooth lets out a sharp whistle, calling off Thumper before letting off two shots at the Dead-boy; One well aimed shot at the Dead Boy’s Head, and another shot with less control as the gun kicks slightly in his hand.”It doesn’t really matter I guess. I can buy a few with your gun.” Grimloq frowns at the way the shotgun behaves for a moment, giving more thought to his gear than his surroundings before focusing on the environment once again. The fly-boys will be here soon. I hope that the caravan is doing ok… we should get back as soon as possible. If the caravan goes, so does my paycheck.

Looking around, Grimloq checks his surroundings. If the Dead Boy is dead, he will move to the western tree line, trying to get some physical cover between himself and the, sky whistling for Thumper to follow suit.

Thumper for her part has just gotten into a fun little game of ‘bounce the ‘Boy’. She realizes the amount of damage she is delivering to the soldier is barely affecting it’s armor, but that seems to entertain the Dinostang even more; tormenting the trooper seems just as fun to the beast as it does to her rider. She backs off enough for Grimloq to get his shots in but looks dejectedly at the lost plaything if the Highwayman manages to kill the Dead Boy. If Grimloq did not finish the soldier off, the Dinostang will happily resume pummeling the armored soldier, Mule kicking him once more before stomping with her full force with her front hooves.

Concerning Actions:
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 27
Action 1: Draw Shotgun
Action 2, 3 & 4: Called Aimed shot at Dead Boy’s Head W/ BigBore:1d20+12 = 19. +2 for shotguns, +3 for Called Aimed shot.
Damage:2d4 = 5 MDC +Knockdown
Action 5: Shoot shotgun at Dead Boy:1d20+9 = 19 +2 for shotguns
Damage:2d4 = 2 MDC +Knockdown
Action 6: Dodge if DeadBoy is not dead OR move into western treeline to hide from oncoming SAMAS: 1d20+9 = 10

Thumper:
Action 1: Full-Force Tail strike:1d20+3 = 8
Damage:3d6 = 11MDC
Action 2:Reserved for Dodge as she is called off:1d20+2 = 7
Action 3: Attack Dead Boy with Mule Kick: 1d20+3 = 18
Damage:3d6 = 13MDC
OR Reserved for dodge: 1d20+2 = 15
Action 4: Attack Dead Boy with front leg stomp: 1d20+3 = 7
Damage:1d4 = 3MDC
OR Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+2 = 9
Action 5: Follows Grimloq into the treeline
OR Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+2 = 6

Combat Casualties
1x spent E-clip
Plasma Ejector: 9/10 shots
BigBore shotgun: 10/12 shells
Last edited by Grimloq on Fri May 22, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Wed May 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 67
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 8 (+3 outside power armor/+4 inside power armor)


Connie growls and takes aim at the enemy sniper's helmet again, she squeezes the trigger twice, trying to remove his head. Hearing the SAMAS closing in she gets on her radio, "Hey everyone, those SAMs are almost here. Any ideas on how to handle them? This suit doesn't fly and I don't have any heavy fire power either. I'm open to suggestions.".


Action #1: Called double blast shot on S1's helmet; Strike: 1d20+9 = 17, Damage: 4d6 = 10 M.D.
Action #2: as above
Action #3: as above
Action #4: Called double blast shot on S1's helmet; Strike: 1d20+9 = 21, Damage: 4d6 = 13 M.D.
Action #5: as above
Action #6: as above
Action #7: Reserved for Dodge; Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14
Action #8: Reserved for Dodge; Dodge: 1d20+7 = 10


{Current Effects}
Enhanced Reflexes; Range: Self, Duration: 3 minutes per level, I.S.P.: 5, Bonuses: +1 APM, +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry & dodge, +2 P.P., +15% to all Physical skills, Time Remaining: 8 min 30 sec
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby The Apothecary » Fri May 22, 2020 10:55 am

Grimloq & Thumper
In the face of the unnatural world Grimloq and Thumper represent the remaining Deadboy makes a frantic radio call to the incoming SAMAS, ”CP Charlie being overrun requesting fire support on CP Charlie. Hit the CP!!” Grimloq hears a buzz from the helmet of the deadboy as he makes his quip, ”You don’t have any cigars on you, do you? Lighter?” and blasts the deadboy in the face spilling him to the ground. Now faced with likely incoming fire. Grimloq and Thumper fall back into the tree line just as the Checkpoint is engulfed in plasma. Thumper is not fast enough to clear all of the blast area and her tail is caught by one of the rolling plasma explosions. (-10 MDC from tail) (Include prowl rolls to remain hidden.) (Only one shot used, your shotgun is at 11/12 shots.)

Connie:

Realizing his predicament the sniper attempts to use the forest for cover and moves away from his position. Yet Connie keeps track of her target. With a gentle squeeze of the trigger and her laser lances through his helmet superheating the liquid in the man’s head causing a puff of red mist followed by the headless body crashing to the ground in mid run. But her joy at scoring such a hit is cut short as she sees the SAMAS pilots obliterate the checkpoint that Grimloq and Thumper were at. Connie can not see if they were caught in the blast or not.

Everyone:

The SAMAS pilots hover above the trees to the Northeast. Smoke still rising from their mini-missile launchers. Then from a loudspeaker is heard, ”You have attached a Coalition checkpoint. Throw down your weapons and surrender, or we will utterly destroy you.”


Ready, And….Action!!!! (Continue to post in combat turns.)

Enemy Butcher Bill
DB 1 - Dead
DB 2 - Dead
S1 - Dead
SAMAS 1 - Undamaged
SAMAS 2 - Undamaged
Attachments
Spooks_Side_Adventure Updated.png
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Fri May 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Perception vs 31%: 1d100 = 5
JIC:1d100 = 58|1d20 = 1
Initiative:1d20+8 = 24 +1 while mounted
Thumper Perception:1d20+1 = 17
Thumper Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82:1d100 = 41
Prowl vs 25%:1d100 = 34
Thumper Prowl vs 20%:1d100 = 99
Thumper’s Effects
  • Density Bubble (Special):
    • Can emit energy field around self and rider which protects against bullets, arrows, thrown objects, lasers, ion blasts, and similar attacks
    • 20' radius and refracts light like water
    • provides +3 bonus to dodge to mount and rider, and either takes half damage if struck by one of the above attack forms
    • has no effect on powerful M.D. weapons like plasma blasts, particle beams, lightning bolts, electrical blasts, rail guns, cannon rounds, rockets, mini-missiles, or missiles
    • also affects weapons fired by rider; -4 to strike and reduce range and damage by half; heavy weapons like rail guns, mini-missiles, plasma, or particle beams are -3 to strike and range is half
    • melee combat is not impaired; roll normally
    • duration is 7 seconds and counts as two attacks, but the animal can use while running
    • maximum duration is the entire round and uses up 4 attacks


Grimloq squints at the bright flashes caused by the Plasma fire behind him. Well, they are here. ”Can’t fault their timing.” Grimloq grins at Thumper and gives her a wink just before his body reminds him that he actually did get hit. He will sag for a moment, holstering his shotgun and bringing his hand to is head to find warm blood. Fuck. Grimloq pulls off the scraps of his hat in no small amount of sadness, tossing them to the ground.

Thumper whinnies as her tail catches the edge of a plasma blast. She saddles up to Grimloq and matches his pace, looking around for more threats.

“Comon Girl, our job isn’t done yet.” Grimloq offers the Dinostang an affectionate pat, wincing as he finally gets a good look at her wounds. ”These humans are soft, even in their brittle armor. They do bite hard though.” Grimloq pulls himself up onto Thumpers saddle in one fluid movement, and motions her deeper into the forest.

If they have thermal or any other advanced optics, loosing my trail is going to be impossible. ”They will be going after the train if they don’t go after us..” Thumper snorts. ”If they die, we don’t get paid.” Thumper sighs. ”I feel ya girl. We will find a crew after this. Some more competence would be nice.” Thumper sniggers. Grimloqs musings spark a memory. Where are those bikers? Ten creds say they won’t be returning until after the metal birds are dealt with.

Grimloq nudges Thumper back towards the road and lets out a snort himself. ”Let’s go be hero’s girl. Save some rich asshole and get a little rep in MercTown.” Thumper snorts derisively but doesn’t argue. The Duo dart back towards the road, still making their way in the general direction of the Salamander.

Once the pair breach the treeline , Grimloq directs Thumper to head straight south, down the side of the road towards the Salamander. He keeps an eye to the sky, looking for the source of the engine whine. If he sees any SAMAS or similar threats, the Grackle lets off two shots at the flying soldier.

“When we get to the Salamander,” Grimloq tells Thumper, “I’m going to get off and make sure our package doesn’t have a heart attack. Try and keep moving and get back into the woods. Stay close though.” Thumper begins to winey in protest but Grimloq cuts her off. ”Don’t worry about me girl. Just worry about that sweet, sweet payday.” Thumper growls in irritation but stops arguing. ”I promise to find you a comfortable place in town girl. We will be able to afford it.” Grimloq offers her an affectionate pat.

Grimloq will follow through with his actions, leaping off Thumper as she draws up close to the Salamander. “Who’s alive?” Grimloq calls loudly as he falls into cover behind a tree 5-10 yards away from the Salamander, trying to gain cover from the general direction of ‘the sky’. ”The waypoint was barricaded, and I am sure there are more mines on the road. I’ve dealt with those manning the checkpoint.” Grimloq looks for a door into the vehicle, along with any other useful cover that could be utilized against aerial targets.

Grimloqs Actions:
Action 1: Collects himself,
holsters shotgun, readies energy weapon.
Has quickdraw

Trick Riding: Free Mount action: Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 27
Action 2: Reserved for dodge 1d20+12 = 30
Action 3: Reserved for dodge 1d20+12 = 21
Action 4: Reserved for dodge 1d20+9 = 21 +3 if still mounted
Trick Riding: Free Dismount action: Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 51
Action 5: Wild Shot at SAMAS if in range (800 yards if mounted, 1600 if outside density bubble): 1d20+2 = 21 -3 if still mounted
6d6 = 23 MDC DAMAGE
OR dodge 1d20+9 = 14 +3 if still mounted
Action 6: Wild Shot at SAMAS if in range: 1d20+2 = 19 -3 if still mounted
6d6 = 24 MDC DAMAGE
OR dodge 1d20+9 = 26

Thumpers Actions:
Action 1: Reserved for (standing) dodge as Grimloq decides his course of action:1d20+2 = 21
Action 2: Activates Density Bubble while moving ~30(difficult terrain accounted for) yards south and west (away from road while still towards(ish) the Salamander)
Action 3: Activates Density Bubble while moving ~40 yards(difficult terrain accounted for. Double speed once thumper hits open ground.) south and east (towards road while still towards the Salamander)
Action 4: Activates Density Bubble while moving ~80 yards (40 if still within the woods/ difficult terrain) south down the edge of road towards the Salamander
Action 5:While moving ~80 yards into the forrest (40when within the woods/ difficult terrain)
Activates Density Bubble
can use while running, 4 actions for entire turn of activation


Thumpers Autododge:
While moving over 25mph:
1d20+7 = 13| 1d20+7 = 9| 1d20+7 = 21| 1d20+7 = 10

Combat Casualties
1x spent E-clip
Plasma Ejector: 7/10 shots
BigBore shotgun: 11/12 shells
Last edited by Grimloq on Sat May 23, 2020 6:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Sat May 23, 2020 12:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 49
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 8 (+3 outside power armor/+4 inside power armor)

Connie only half listens to the SAMAS pilots announcement, as she shuts off her suits radar so they can't track her signal that way. She knows that between her being a psychic and her lizard partner that the Dead Boys aren't going to let them go or even bother arresting them once they lay down their weapons. As the pilot rambles on she sneaks her way around back of the Salamander to the other end of it (IE-the opposite side of the road). From there she peaks out just enough to get line of sight on the SAMAS that is farthest from the road (IE- the one on the right) and settles her sights on his helmet before opening fire, she attempts to put two shots into him.


Action #1: Shutting off her radar system and sneaking to the other side of the Salamander; Read Sensors: 50%/ 1d100 = 26, Prowl: 65%/1d100 = 13
Action #2: Called Dual Shot on SAMAS 2's (the one on the right!) Helmet; Strike: 1d20+9 = 23, Damage: 4d6 = 16 M.D.
Action #3: as above
Action #4: as above
Action #5: Called Dual Shot on SAMAS 2's (the one on the right!) Helmet; Strike: 1d20+9 = 12, Damage: 4d6 = 10 M.D.
Action #6: as above
Action #7: as above
Action #8: Reserved for Dodge; Dodge: 1d20+7 = 14; if she has to dodge, she will dodge to a position BEHIND the Salamander and try using it for cover.

{Current Effects}
Enhanced Reflexes; Range: Self, Duration: 3 minutes per level, I.S.P.: 5, Bonuses: +1 APM, +3 initiative, +1 strike, +2 parry & dodge, +2 P.P., +15% to all Physical skills, Time Remaining: 8 min 15 sec
Sixth Sense
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby The Apothecary » Sat May 23, 2020 9:56 am

Grimloq & Thumper

The burning hatred for the CS wells up inside of Grimloq. But he knows they are much more maneuverable and deadly than he can really face right now. He climbs on his mount, who was not made for stealth and barrels a path through the woods. This is met with three bursts of railgun fire. However despite being able to hear you the SAMAS appears to be having trouble seeing you through the thick woods. Grimloq gets a good view just before he and Thumper clear the trees. Grimloq, feeling the way his mount moves lets off two shots mid stride. Both shots stack on top of each other a brilliant piece of marksmanship. The first blasts the helmet off the SAMAS the second obliterates the man’s head. The SAMAS smashes to the ground, detonating, causing the forest behind Grimloq to catch fire. (-2 Shots from Plasma Rifle)


Connie

Connie moves to the other side of the Salamander to use it for cover. She finds a ladder to scale the side and peak over top. As she lines up her shot the SAMAS moves to her right to get a clear line of sight on her. Connie blasts him in the head and sees the integrity of the SAMAS is not what it usually is. Looking closer through her sight she can see that it has been heavily damaged recently. Continuing to fire at its head Connie receives return fire as the SAMAS gets a clear shot on her. Despite her best efforts all three bursts of railgun fire hammer her PA, nearly unbalancing her. (- 40 MDC Right Leg, -20 MDC Main body) As Connie takes fire the Laser turret on the Salamander opens fire obliterating the last parts of the SAMAS’s helmet. Connie seizes her chance and fire once again at the man’s exposed head. Through her sight she can see his shocked expression. The fear in his eyes of being exposed as he is. Connie skillfully depresses the trigger and erases the man’s head and all his worries. The SAMAS crashes to the ground and pieces of armor and man fly everywhere, but it does not explode.

Everyone

Grimloq returns to the Salamander as Ace emerges from the vehicle. ”Meecham is still buckled in. Man we got lucky. I’ve never seen the fly boys go down so fast.” Grimloq now begins to feel the pain of the multiple hits he has taken and even Thumper is moving slower than she normally does. Connie can see the large divots in her armor from the railgun hits, but she is otherwise unharmed.
Ace looks at everyone assembled, ”The jamming cut after the last SAMAS went down, but i still can't raise the other scouts. I have to assume they are dead. Can anyone here help me replace a few of these hover units? We need to be going before something else shows up.”

You are now out of combat. Yay!!! The SAMAS crashed about 1,000 feet to the northwest of the Salamander. The next GM post will include any salvage based on your actions.

Ready? And….Action!!!!
Attachments
Spooks_Side_Adventure Updated.png
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Thu May 28, 2020 6:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 58
Initiative: 1d20 = 7 (+3 outside power armor/+4 inside power armor)

Connie looks over at Grim, "You in good enough shape to haul those two downed SAMs back here? I'll gather whatever gear is left from the other 3 Dead Boys and then help Ace out here with getting the Salamander moving again.". If Grimloq goes along with that plan, Connie will quickly gather up the rifles, side arms, etc from the 3 Dead Boy soldiers and then help Ace with repairing the Salamander. Which is to say, she uses her power armor as a jack stand while he does the fixing, since she has little to no skill in repairing things. If Grimloq isn't up to salvaging the SAMAS's, Connie will let him help Ace out with repairs while she drags the suits back to the Salamander and loads them into it. Once that is done, she will collect the rifles, side arms, etc. from the 3 Dead Boy soldiers. When collecting the gear, she doesn't bother checking to see what works or what shape things are in, she just grabs it and tosses it into the weapon locker she pulled the Lynx laser rifle out of. If any of the rifles are better then the one she is borrowing currently, she will swap them out.
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Grimloq » Thu May 28, 2020 10:39 am

Perception vs 31%:1d100 = 39
Thumper Perception vs 20%:1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d100 = 22|1d20 = 5
Horsemanship:Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 29

Grimloq takes a long moment to look around the area before relaxing his guard. When he does, he will whistle for thumper and holster his Plasma Ejector on the Dinostang. Spitting up some congealed blood, Grimloq will give his mount a good once-over, sizing up her own injuries before minding his own. I really need a fucking cigar.

Thumper, for her sake, takes just as much time to calm. She keeps her tail close, licking the wound timidly. ”Don’t worry girl, it will heal.”

Ace wrote: ”Meecham is still buckled in. Man we got lucky. I’ve never seen the fly boys go down so fast.”


”Good to hear our payday is still alive. If I were to guess it was mere luck they were so close; or they were here for a bigger target than us.” Grimloq will look back towards to blockade and the giant plume of smoke coming up from the trees.

Ace wrote: ”The jamming cut after the last SAMAS went down, but i still can't raise the other scouts. I have to assume they are dead. Can anyone here help me replace a few of these hover units? We need to be going before something else shows up.”


Grimloq grunts, not surprised as Ace’s declaration. ” They knew the risks. Probably felt all full of themselves until they realized they didn’t know how to stop a high speed bike in a Forrest.” Thumper sniggers. ” What’s needed to get them working again? I’m not much with machines.” He keeps his eyes on the barricade as he talks.

Connie wrote: "You in good enough shape to haul those two downed SAMs back here? I'll gather whatever gear is left from the other 3 Dead Boys and then help Ace out here with getting the Salamander moving again.".


”Not a bad idea little one.” Grimloq looks to Connie appraisingly. She did not die. Not so useless after all then. ”I am sure Coalition gear will fetch a decent price back in MercTown. If those SAMAS suits are salvageable…” Grimloq grins at through of how much they might make. The D-Bee looks rather mean when happy.

”We might make a decent payday off of this run after all girl.” Grimloq says to Thumper as his slides onto her saddle. ”Ill be back with what can be salvaged, then I can help with whatever might need being done to get back on the road. Maybe see if Meacham tagged those bikes.. shame to leave all that gear out here too.”

Grimloq will nudge Thumper forward and they will make for where the intact SAMAS fell. As they move, Grimloq will keep an eye for any more mines that might be on the road.

When/if they arrive at the downed SAMAS, Grimloq will try and remove the fleshy bits from inside the suit in the least messy way possible, before strapping any intact looking gear onto Thumper’s back. Once done he will give the dinostang an affectionate pat on her rump. ”bring that back to the others, I’ll be along." Thumper whinnies in protest but heads out.

Grimloq, complaining about his lack of nicotine, will casually unholster his shotgun and refill the drum with a shell from his bandolier before holstering the gun once again. As he does so, he will be making his way towards the SAMAS explosion site.

Thumper will make her way back to the Salamander and hoot as she slows to a stop, flicking her tail tentatively, announcing her presence to those at the hover train.

Once he arrives, he will look to see if there is anything salvageable in the fire. If there seems to be, Grimloq will slide his clothes including bandolier and holster off before
wading into the fire to try and retrieve it
(He would only risk maybe 2-3 full turns inside the flames depending on heat and then only if something appears intact enough to warrant the fire). He can carry 1600 and lift 3200 lbs.


After, Grimloq will retrieve his weapons, redress while complaining about the burns and make his way back towards the others, with or without any loot from inside the fire.

Trick Riding: Free Mount: Horsemanship: Cowboy vs 82%:1d100 = 63
Mine Detection vs 40%:1d100 = 64

Combat Casualties
1x spent E-clip
Plasma Ejector: 7/10 shots
Grimloq
Grimloq
MDC:86/121

HomeSpun Armor
Helmet: 0/33 Wrecked
L. Arm: 15/15 | R. Arm: 15/15
Body: 0/31 Wrecked
L. Leg: 15/15 | R. Leg: 15/15

Thumper
L. Front Leg: 18/18 103/103 | R. Front Leg: 0/18 Wrecked 99/103
L. Rear Leg: 25/25 103/103 | R. Rear Leg 25/25 103/103
Head: 50/50 136/136 | Small Center Horn: 15/15
Tail: 106/116 | Main Body: 30/90 180/180
User avatar
Grimloq
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:27 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby The Apothecary » Sun May 31, 2020 1:05 pm

Everyone

Ace looks between Connie and Grimloq briefly before letting out a small sigh, ”Ya go see what you can find that looks worthwhile. You have five minutes then we are out of here. Ya’ll wouldn’t have been much help fixing this anyway.” Both Connie and Grimloq are able to see the massive damage done by the plasma missiles at the CP. Nothing of value remains at the CP. Connie’s sniper is more fortunate and escaped most of the damage. Connie is able to find several things and strips the body from the remaining armor. Grimloq is able to remove the corpse from the SAMAS armor. It has seen better days. Several of the maneuvering jets have been damaged by the fall and the armor itself has seen extensive damage. Most of it recently. Looks like those scouts did not go down quietly. Connie and Grimloq make it back to the Vehicle just under the time limit. Grimloq is able to find a spot of Thumper to board so she can rest during the trip to the village.

Ace looks back from the pilot's seat. ”Alright. Strap in and keep sharp. Lets not have any more surprises.” The Salamander makes the rest of the trip, about an hour, to the village without incident. The village seems insignificant and not worth the effort of besieging it. Ace pulls up next to what has to be the local town hall. Meechem speaks up from the front. ”You two help Ace get the cargo unloaded.” Meechem hobbles out for the cab and stands outside to supervise the unloading of the cargo.

As Connie and Grimloq unload the cargo they are swarmed by locals full of thanks. While the locals do not impede the delivery of their supplies they continue to thank all the individuals present. Several of the locals cluster around Grimloq trying to help patch up his side from where he was shot.

Loot
  • C-10 Laser rifle
  • C-18 Laser pistol
  • SAMAS- No head. Reduced all other MDC by 50%. No mini missiles.
  • CA-2 Deadboy light armor. Missing helmet. NO EBA functionality up till helmet replaced.
  • 5 E-clips


Ready? And...Action!!!!
"Death may be a small mercy for some. Others come to me for the cure. Temporary or permanent I have it all."

AGM For: AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks

PCs: Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR); Kieko (H4H)

GM: Sum Of All Fears
User avatar
The Apothecary
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: Pound of Porridge - Relief Supply Escort (Grimloq/Connie

Postby Connie » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68% (41%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 23

Grimloq wrote:”Not a bad idea little one.” Grimloq looks to Connie appraisingly. She did not die. Not so useless after all then. ”I am sure Coalition gear will fetch a decent price back in MercTown. If those SAMAS suits are salvageable…” Grimloq grins at through of how much they might make. The D-Bee looks rather mean when happy.


Connie fingers one of the larger holes in her Nightreaper, "Yeah, it's not cheap getting power armor plating repaired. So hopefully the Black Market will give us decent value for the Dead Boy gear. Plus I need to get my own sniper rifle. Well, here's to hoping!", she quips as she pats Grimloq on the forearm, though he sees her rub her hands together and shiver a bit afterward. Connie hangs on to the Lynx Laser Rifle for the rest of the trip, just in case.

The Apothecary wrote:Ace looks between Connie and Grimloq briefly before letting out a small sigh, ”Ya go see what you can find that looks worthwhile. You have five minutes then we are out of here. Ya’ll wouldn’t have been much help fixing this anyway.” Both Connie and Grimloq are able to see the massive damage done by the plasma missiles at the CP. Nothing of value remains at the CP. Connie’s sniper is more fortunate and escaped most of the damage. Connie is able to find several things and strips the body from the remaining armor. Grimloq is able to remove the corpse from the SAMAS armor. It has seen better days. Several of the maneuvering jets have been damaged by the fall and the armor itself has seen extensive damage. Most of it recently. Looks like those scouts did not go down quietly. Connie and Grimloq make it back to the Vehicle just under the time limit. Grimloq is able to find a spot of Thumper to board so she can rest during the trip to the village.

Ace looks back from the pilot's seat. ”Alright. Strap in and keep sharp. Lets not have any more surprises.” The Salamander makes the rest of the trip, about an hour, to the village without incident. The village seems insignificant and not worth the effort of besieging it. Ace pulls up next to what has to be the local town hall. Meechem speaks up from the front. ”You two help Ace get the cargo unloaded.” Meechem hobbles out for the cab and stands outside to supervise the unloading of the cargo.

As Connie and Grimloq unload the cargo they are swarmed by locals full of thanks. While the locals do not impede the delivery of their supplies they continue to thank all the individuals present. Several of the locals cluster around Grimloq trying to help patch up his side from where he was shot.


Connie smiles good naturedly at the folks gathering around them. She tracks down Meechem shortly after the cargo is unloaded, "So, our next stop is MercTown right?".
User avatar
Connie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:20 pm


Return to Spook Squad Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests