Account Status Tracker-The only place to announce an absence

True Grit: Only the crustiest mercs can do the crustiest work.
GM: OPEN
AGM: Mad Scientist

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Re: Account Status Tracker-The only place to announce an abs

Postby The Mechanic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:47 pm

You guys have probably figured this out by now, but I am not really in a position to be on EU.

In case folks are worried about me, it's not all bad; but it's not all good either.

In a nutshell: I have been rotating medications a bit trying to figure out what works for me and what does not, and it's affected my life in unforseen ways. I just got married a bit back and this is part of taking my health seriously, and actually figuring on being around for my wife in ten years.

I am having immense difficulty concentrating long enough to manage EU. This has gone on for weeks and months and is unlikely to change.

It's odd, as I'm on Adderall, but I've also stopped (medically instructed) taking a drug called Paxil that I've been taking for years. This is probably what is doing it, as it is a very..... difficult drug.

The tapering has caused me some issues.

I value my reputation on EU, and I love the people I've encountered here; I hope to be a lifelong part.

I will remain a diamond patron and support the site.

All of my characters are to be placed in long term storage, as I have the slots.

I am assigning myself a voluntary eight monthish ban from EU.

What this means is that I will not be returning, even if I feel 'better' until the end of the quad after Christmas. I believe that is somewhere around February.

I will figure it out when the time comes. TLDR: At least January.

The reason I am doing this is to make absolutely sure that I am in good health, and able to make a commitment to the site when I am back.

I feel this is the best way I can make sure that I am in good shape and not going to let EU down, and be *REALLY* certain I have my s--t in order when I come back.

<3

I hate having to write this because I really do adore a vast number of you, and consider this place to be my 'online home'.

Ben
There have always been ghosts in the machine. Random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul. Why is it that when some robots are left in darkness, they will seek out the light? Why is it that when robots are stored in an empty space, they will group together, rather than stand alone? How do we explain this behavior? Random segments of code? Or is it something more? When does a perceptual schematic become consciousness? When does a difference engine become the search for truth? When does a personality simulation become the bitter mote of a soul?

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

The Mechanic
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Townsend » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:33 am

Okay... so winning the latest round of "Let's Throw A Monkey Wrench Into Eric's Time" is my grandmother (who I live with and help take care of), who had been laid up in the hospital since Thursday but came home yesterday and needed a good amount of TLC. If last night and this morning are any indicators of what's to come, that's still going to be the case for several days to come.

I'm still going to try and post, of course, but it's looking very likely that my online time at home will at best be carved up into very small chunks for the next little while unless the physical therapist sends her to a nursing home for proper rehab.

Absence: now through Tuesday, August 21st at the earliest.

This affects the following:
- Rufus - Rifts/Templars
- Chef Icky - PW/Adventurers
- Rampart - HU:CS
- Townsend - Rifts/GIRLS GM
GM of the General Investigation, Resolution & Liberation Services (G.I.R.L.S.) of Merctown

"...and now they work for me."
Townsend
Game Master

Postby SNAFU » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:28 pm

To all my players, GMs and E.U. friends,

I am afraid that I am unable to participate for the immediate future. Despite finishing a long-course of strong antibiotics, I keep getting sick, even just as I was about to post again. It seems likely I will require some kind of surgical solution, I'm not sure what that will entail exactly but will find out in a few days.
Apologies for lack of communication, I have been very ill, I have recovered some but still suffer from vertigo and migraines making posting nearly impossible.
So, for now, I should be considered on hiatus, probably until next quad. Please put my characters in storage, and hopefully some enterprising GM prospects will take my games over.
Hopefully I'll return soon enough, thanks for your concern everyone.
SNAFU
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby CS High Command » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:37 am

Player: Patrick
GM Account: CS High Command
Player Accounts: Ryden, Mink
Dates of Absence: 8/24/18 @ 5pm to 8/26/18 AND 8/30/18 to 9/4/18

This weekend I will be largely offline, though I may respond on Hangouts. Next Thursday (the 30th) is the start of DragonCon. I will probably have limited availability, if any.
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Tyrannosapiens Rex wrote:My job is cutting hours for the season and i ended up with not enough wages to cover my bills. My online time will be dedicated to job hunting, and then I will have to figure out what my free time looks like.

If I'm not back in two weeks, I hereby authorize the use of my EP to purchase the one needed inactive slot and put my characters on hiatus. The Templar will need a new AGM in that case.

affecting
Kat Porter (GIRLS)
Prudence Kellogg (Eurasia)
Tyrannosapiens Rex (GM sans portfolio/AGM for Templar)

If I'm not written out yet, belay that.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby Virtus » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:44 pm

I have a family member that is in critical care and not expected to make a recovery. Though I will do my best to post, I do expect this to impact my posts.

This affects:
Virtus (H4H)
Ecks (AAPS)
Casper Wilpepper (CS 40-4th)
Virtus
Game Master

Postby Sol » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Name: James

Date of Absence: 9-10-2018
Expected Date of Return: 9-29-2018

Use EP for hiatus?: No
A/GM Account: Sol
Characters: Halko (HU Galactic), Prothor (PW), Jay Sark (HU), Murdoc (Roughnecks), Analoy (GIRLS)

in the process of moving. I may not get posted up in time. Please NPC me as needed.
Sol
Game Master

Postby Zilant » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Name: Alan

Date of Absence: October 6
Expected Date of Return: October 9

Use EP for Hiatus: No
A/GM Account Zilant
Characters: Spiderweb (HUCS), Fox (PFRPG)
Zilant
Dimension Master

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Good news: My stepkids are home full time. Bad news: I'm not used to the time they take up.

I may not post this week while I calculate XP and PPW.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Postby Sol » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 am

Sol wrote:Name: James

Date of Absence: 9-10-2018
Expected Date of Return: 9-29-2018

Use EP for hiatus?: No
A/GM Account: Sol
Characters: Halko (HU Galactic), Prothor (PW), Jay Sark (HU), Murdoc (Roughnecks), Analoy (GIRLS)

in the process of moving. I may not get posted up in time. Please NPC me as needed.

Life is Still an on going mess. I'm hoping for a return to normal by November 1st.
Sol
Game Master

Postby John » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:29 pm

I will be out of town October 20 - November 5 and won't have time to keep up with my posting.

Characters: John (MARS)
John

Previous

Return to The Roughnecks (Independent, 8 Players, 0 Openings)