Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Level 1

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Level 1

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Rolls
Notice: 1d20+1 = 5 +3 more if electronics or machines
JiC1d100 = 58
JiC1d20 = 12

Awards
One quick scan of the brass in attendance and Lyndon’s mouth goes dry. He makes a consious effort to straighten his stance despite the fact that he was still out of sight. ’I’d rather not be on any of their radars.’ he finds himself thinking. Honest fighting was bad enough, but getting pulled into shadow conflicts between the big boys nothing but trouble. ’Well, if they’re going to know my name I guess it’s best it’s for something good.’

By the time the ceremony actually starts he has his game face on again, but it nearly cracks when the first announcements come.

Taylor...Quinn...O’Neill...Wolfe...Elias...Jenkins...Crawford...Werner...Dobbie...King… 'Everyone dead with just me left again. Taylor should have made the break for it, let me stay behind.’ The sight of Taylor’s mother receiving the award was particularly harsh, yet another justification of why the young lieutenant should have been the one to carry the objective out.

Suddenly, he realizes they’ve just called his name. He steps forward following the rehearsed steps. He didn’t hold things up, but he can tell from a few of the looks his way that he was right on the cusp. He accepts the award, medal and rank with an outward appreciation. It wasn’t false, he felt proud their mission had been accomplished, that every member of second platoon had been willing to lay down their lives for success. It was just bittersweet to be the only one around to receive credit.

He forces himself to pay attention to the rest of the ceremony. For one thing he knows even “almost” screwing up again would probably be enough to earn him grief afterwards. More importantly, he owes it to his new platoon to honor their deeds just as his were honored.

The dismissal from the stage was a welcome relief for Lyndon. He knew they'd likely still be focused on for the rest of the night at least the "all eyes on you" part of the event was over. Stepping quickly down from the stage he notices that around the room there are people using the break to get up and move around. Changing his course before he can overthink anything he heads to the table where his new COs are assigned. He greets each quickly before walking around the table to the older woman. "Major Taylor, I am very sorry for your loss he was a great soldier. I can't go into details obviously, but I want you to know our mission would have failed without your son, and I definitely would not have made it out." He stays just long enough to be polite before heading for his table. The waiters were entering the hall and it wouldn't do to throw off the schedule.

The Table
Settling in at his table he makes sure to properly greet each officer and NCO at their table, including his new platoon mates who all substantially outranked him. Looking over the menu he debates if requesting something be left off would be appropriate before ordering the basil fettucini. He’ll just pick around the olives. He almost resisted the urge to check the edge of the knife and discreetly test it’s balance...almost. Some things became a part of you, and even buried in the heart of one of the most secure places in this sad world he still couldn’t help but assess his surroundings and run through scenarios of things going wrong.

Egan Grey wrote:"Congratulations guys, you earned it."

Lyndon inclines his glass in response to the newly minted Staff Sergeant, they’d paid their due elsewhere so he didn’t presume to be included but he was going to show his agreement regardless.

CS High Command wrote:"If you boys ever want to transfer to regular army, or take over the Second's barracks at Fort Resilience, look me up. I'm with Second Battalion. Knew a lot of those guys in Second Platoon. Some served with me in Spec Ops before I switched to regular army years ago, and some of them I met there. Good folks all of them." She smiles.

”After a show like this I have a feeling the decision of what we’re doing next has already been made, and our preference isn’t going to matter. Who did you serve with from the second? Provided you’re allowed to say of course.”
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 125/125
Spd: 25
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Standard Rolls
Perception 1d20+4 = 8
JIC 1d20 = 8
JIC 1d100 = 67

Pomp. Circumstance. The very most V of the VIPs in attendance. Food way above his paygrade. Medals, and more medals. Promotions. Snoopy goes all googly-eyed about half way through the ceremony, only his drilled in discipline saving him from a terrible gaffe. But returning to his table, box in hand, head in the clouds he sits. He's quiet for a moment, probably his table-mates are relieved, he has that look of someone who might prattle on. In a daze he points at the menu selection more or less randomly (the duck) and a semi-coherent request for ice-water. But he starts to settle down, the shock starts to wear off. First to his left he says, "Wow. Wow. My dad was Special Forces, I never imagined I'd follow in his footsteps. Wow!" Turning to his right then, he says, "This is amazing, it all started with an ambush by some Indians, wiped my regular army unit out, except for me and that dog boy over there. We call him Caesar. Yeah, this is awesome." Motioning across the table and continuing until he's harassed everyone, Snoopy does indeed prattle on, touching on every subject dear to him: the military, flying, Into the Flames, other shows, more about flying, more about the military... and on and on. Good thing he's actually a nice guy!
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Awards Ceremony
    Date: June 10, 109 PA
    Time: 1830
    Temp: 70 degrees
    Weather: Outside the city it is raining
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Level 1 of the Chi-Town Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Awards Banquet Room 15.
During the Dinner

John Freeman wrote:"Sir, thank you for the gift of these two medals. I appreciate it. We wouldn't have been able to do this job if you didn't know how to balance giving us latitude and giving us direction. These really are your medals, earned by your leadership ability." Okay, maybe a little thick but Freeman's in penetrable charm makes it sound extremely sincere and convincing. And, in many ways he meant it. It's always easier to exaggerate a truth than to tell a lie.

The general merely shakes his head. "By my eye for talent, maybe. But the leadership was yours and Howlett's. And my boy, I'm quite aware of your background and your skill set, you don't need to sell me." He nods to the room above. "But there's one or two up there I'd suggest you turn that charm on though. People in power are placing bets on their favorite horses, and you two, Grey, and Toretto are prime stallions. For your own sakes, I suggest you pick and choose who you approach. Parties like this have a tendency to make or break careers."

James Howlett wrote:James smiles as warmly as his mangled face allows. "Oh initially, Cybernetics and Bionics, but I hold PHD's in Medical sciences and Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. I spent my early years in Lonestar with the 2nd Battalion. As of late though I spend more time mucking through fields than doing actual medical work." James says with a friendly tone. "As for the letters, that's a new one for me, I have not seen that many either. It makes me proud to be their commanding officer." It is a little strange. "Not that this is my first awards ceremony, it has just been a while. And special operations groups do not get recognized nearly as often as regular army it seems. Major Smith where do you run out of? I would assume Chi-town but with the amount of traveling I see among the brass here, I cannot say for certain."

About that time, Jericho politely interrupts.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:"Major Taylor, I am very sorry for your loss he was a great soldier. I can't go into details obviously, but I want you to know our mission would have failed without your son, and I definitely would not have made it out." He stays just long enough to be polite before heading for his table. The waiters were entering the hall and it wouldn't do to throw off the schedule.

The Major smiles warmly to Jericho. "So you're that new psi-tech he'd been talking about. Good to meet you my boy." She offers and hand and shakes his. "I know my son thought well of your loyalty and performance. You might not know it, but he actually had to send reports about you and a couple others in the platoon to my team at Psi-Battalion Research. We are on the technology and psionic integration team, so abilities like yours are of great interest to us. He'd pass on non-classified reports to us from time to time. It also allowed he and I to write each other often as well, so it was an added benefit for me. You'll do well moving forward." She shakes his hand, and shooes him off to his seat for dinner.

She turns to James. "Did I hear correctly that they rolled him into your command?" When he acknowledges this, she nods sagely. "Good, you'll find his gifts useful. As you heard me tell him, I work with psionic-technology integration research. Everything from mind-machine interface technology, mind over matter cybernetic research, and even the punitive bionics used on enemy magic users and psychics all are our playground. I'm on a few teams, but my speciality is Mind over Matter research. Everything from expanding psionic ability to focusing it. One thing we're trying to do is find just how invasive we can be without long term mental stability issues. Give smaller boost than the standard 'crazy' treatment, but also one that the mind can accept without damage. Eventually we'd love to move to a completely genetic based rewrite, but we're not there yet. One day though." She smiles as she speaks of her work. One thing James noticed was how she neatly sidestepped the question of where, but without shutting it down. Perhaps in conversation later.

Egan Grey wrote:"Honestly I've never really cared about rank, I would have been content with remaining a PFC for my entire career. Command seems to have other ideas, but if they want a Staff Sergeant, then that is what they will get." His voice matches his bewildered expression as he talks about his new rank, but it ends with conviction.

She smiles. "That's a good attitude Staff Sergeant. Wish we had a dozen like you in Old Chicago with that kind of attitude. I could get some shit done." She smirks. "Eh, who am I kidding, some butter bar would probably take all the credit anyway. But that's what they are for. Taking the credit so they limit the amount of times they promote the backbone of the army."

Egan Grey wrote:"The meat grinder...I'm sorry. Growing up in the burbs that was one of the names I heard it called and I think it should be us thanking you for everything you do on a daily basis for us here Command Sergeant Major." With his glass still in hand, Egan raises it once more and solemnly offers a toast once more as the faces of those he knew and lost played through his mind. "For those that cannot be with us. We remember." He downs the rest remnants of his glass and sets it down. He takes a moment to gather himself before looking back over at CSM Grimm, "What made you decide to switch over from Spec Ops if you don't mind me asking?"

She smiles, though it is a bit painful. In truth the amount of lives she saw lost each year had to be staggering. She joins in the toast. "We remember." She puts down the glass. She shrugs about his apology and his return thanks. "We who tread the dark places of this world rarely think of how we affect the world around us. Mostly we just try to survive. That we all have in common. As for my switch, well let's say I'm not as enamored of all people in that room up there. There's one in particular I know well from all the time I worked for him. Let me just say, if a certain Colonel takes a shine to you, run. His reputation is not even close to the complete truth, and only half as brutal. I was spec force recon, so putting me in Old Chicago as an experienced NCO just made sense, even if I was a political landmine. One thing I like about the Grinder, all that bullshit fades away. But don't tell anyone I said that, they'd likely put me up for a medical check." She chuckles at this.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:”After a show like this I have a feeling the decision of what we’re doing next has already been made, and our preference isn’t going to matter. Who did you serve with from the second? Provided you’re allowed to say of course.”

"You're probably not wrong Corporal. I knew most of Second platoon above sergeant, you were too junior to be let in on our poker tournament. In addition, I'd been in recon with Quinn and O'Neill came from the Fighting Joes."

Snoopy wrote:"Wow. Wow. My dad was Special Forces, I never imagined I'd follow in his footsteps. Wow!"

The CSM does a double take as she looks at his name tag. She breathes in. "Those are some big shoes to fill, assuming its Major Diego Toretto who was your father. I worked with him before. His loss affected a lot of folks. You have my condolences." Even though he was listed as MIA, everyone, including his mother, considers him dead. So it wasn't the first time Snoopy had heard the platitude. But it was the first time anyone said they'd worked with him!

Mane wrote: "You... were one of my mother's... creators?" he asked the man with an uncharacteristically timid voice.

"Indeed, though it's more realistic to say she was one of hundreds we helped bring to life. Always headstrong, but loyal to her pride. Made her a good soldier. But I don't want you to have the image that I took her out of the creche tube myself. Still, she was a good hunter. Once we get some samples from you, we're going to compare them to what we have on file from both of your forebears and see how it all lines up. The tensile strength in your muscles is incredible and completely unforseen."

Mane wrote:"Truth to tell I've only seen the pilot episode, but it would be an honor to be by your side for the tour of your facilities and meet the wee ones. ... Maybe that give them inspirational word or two while I'm there."

Caesar wrote:"YES! Um, I mean yes Major, it'd be an honor. Sir. And don't listen to Mane here, we're all caught up on the show so we don't need to worry about spoilers."
Caesar gave Mane a glance that seemed to say, don't ruin this for me!

He laughs. "Absolutely. In fact when we get done with dinner, why don't we go now? They just got done taping a while ago, but we're actually set up to give you guys cameos in an upcoming episode as guest trainers. You'll be the prey they are hunting Private. Not often we have someone with your strength. It's a good way to teach them pack tactics. And you PFC, will be leading them and telling them how to utilize each other. Assuming you're both up for it, of course. It will take a few weeks to shoot it all, plus go through the pre-training and rehearsals, but it should be a blast. We've already cleared it with your company command. Oh and there is some additional downtime perks, but I won't spoil the surprise." He grins conspiratorially at this.

Mane wrote:He then added, very cautiouly, "And Major... Sir... Would you be offended if I called you... Grandpa Givens?"

If he is either offended or honored, he shows neither. "I'd prefer you didn't. But I do appreciate the thought. As I said, I was but one of dozens that worked on your mother. But I am very glad to have met you Private." He gives the cat a winning smile that makes Mane feel warm inside.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 pm

OOC Comments
Perception 1d20+4 = 8
JIC 1d20 = 8
JIC 1d100 = 19

The CSM does a double take as she looks at his name tag. She breathes in. "Those are some big shoes to fill, assuming its Major Diego Toretto who was your father. I worked with him before. His loss affected a lot of folks. You have my condolences." Even though he was listed as MIA, everyone, including his mother, considers him dead. So it wasn't the first time Snoopy had heard the platitude. But it was the first time anyone said they'd worked with him!

"Major, sir, thank you, that is my father. Even if my mom still has hope, I am sure he's gone. Is there anything you can tell me about his last mission? I assume my security clearance is higher now. Anything would be wonderful to hear. Even just something about what he was like. He was very strict about keeping his work secret. All we knew was he'd go away and eventually come back." Snoopy is not a hard case, so he gets a little misty eyed as he speaks. The dazzle of the pomp is forgotten as the topic of his father takes shape.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby John Freeman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 4

CS High Command wrote:The general merely shakes his head. "By my eye for talent, maybe. But the leadership was yours and Howlett's. And my boy, I'm quite aware of your background and your skill set, you don't need to sell me." He nods to the room above. "But there's one or two up there I'd suggest you turn that charm on though. People in power are placing bets on their favorite horses, and you two, Grey, and Toretto are prime stallions. For your own sakes, I suggest you pick and choose who you approach. Parties like this have a tendency to make or break careers."

"Roger that general. Going to kiss assess and speak badly about the other stallions so I can get ahead," Freeman replies with a sarcastic tone not really befitting of addressing a General. "Anyone in particular I should be kissing?"

With instructions from General Floyd, Freeman makes his way slowly through the room nodding and smiling before reaching the upper levels where the high and mighty were making bets on the future of peons like him, Always a system you gotta work. Whether a con man in the streets or a military brass monkey.

Before he approaches, the Lieutenant hangs around nearby, eavesdropping a little.

Should upgrade my ear implant to include amplified hearing.

Surveillance 1d100 = 36 /74% to listen but not been seen to be listening.
Current Identity: Lt. John Freeman (CS Military Specialist)
H.P.: 21/21
S.D.C.: 17/17

CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
Helmet: 75/75
Arms: 60/60
Legs: 80/80
Main Body: 100/100

On Person
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol 21/21
CP-40 Laser Pulse Rifle 21/21

Constant Effects: None.
Current Condition: A-1
John Freeman

Postby CS High Command » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 am

Floyd just smirks. "Reel it in LT, before you can't. As for which, employ those deductive skills and choose wisely. Might circulate and ask questions. Just like any information gathering excercise you aim for the top, but you work the bottom."
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby John Freeman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 am

((rolls held))

Shurgging at the General's less than helpful advice Freeman keeps his eyes out for some of Colonel Lyboc's lackeys, no doubt they were here trying to gathering information in much that same way he is, Ahh the game within the game

I.D. Undercover Agent 1d100 = 27 /60%

Once he makes one of Lyboc's people, Freeman will approach smiling and let them know they've been burned.

"The Colonel pay extra for spying on officers?"
Current Identity: Lt. John Freeman (CS Military Specialist)
H.P.: 21/21
S.D.C.: 17/17

CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
Helmet: 75/75
Arms: 60/60
Legs: 80/80
Main Body: 100/100

On Person
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol 21/21
CP-40 Laser Pulse Rifle 21/21

Constant Effects: None.
Current Condition: A-1
John Freeman

Postby Mane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 72%

CS High Command wrote:
Mane wrote:He then added, very cautiouly, "And Major... Sir... Would you be offended if I called you... Grandpa Givens?"

If he is either offended or honored, he shows neither. "I'd prefer you didn't. But I do appreciate the thought. As I said, I was but one of dozens that worked on your mother. But I am very glad to have met you Private." He gives the cat a winning smile that makes Mane feel warm inside.

"No no. Of course, sir." Mane said almost apologeticly while internally berating himself. Stupid!! Stupid!! Stupid!! Don't fuck this up!!

He did his best to regain his composure. With an elbow to Caesar he then added. ... and anytime you want to go, Caesar and I will be right behind you... But take your time, please. This is too good of a meal to waste. Wouldn't want you to rush your way through on our account."

With a sense of giddy anticipation welling up in the murderous cat's person, he turned to beam a jubilant smile at his favorite hunting partner, Caesar. But as he turned his head, Mane's predatory eyes instinctively scanned the room with the pan of his head. After grinning to Ceasar, his brain caught up and gave his awareness a status report of what it noticed.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:He almost resisted the urge to check the edge of the knife and discreetly test it’s balance...almost. Some things became a part of you, and even buried in the heart of one of the most secure places in this sad world he still couldn’t help but assess his surroundings and run through scenarios of things going wrong.

There was a wolf in the room. Mane could see it in the man's eyes. The way he couldn't resist exploring his weapon options; the way his eyes examined the room for weaknesses and angles of attack; the way his face betrayed the scheming of his mind for scenarios, contingencies, and backup plans. Mane's expression of happy and starstruck melted into his normal threatening scowl and bearly-contained fury. Not on my watch, motherfucker, he thought to himself.

He held his gaze at Lyndon untill the new addition to the team noticed the burning red of Mane's bionic eye zeroing in on him. Once he had his attention, the murderous cat likewise picked up his knife from the table, took a moment to slowly shake his head in a clear no, and then just as slowly placed it back down on the table. The intended message couldn't be made much clearer; no funny business would be tolerated, no matter what rank or racial superiority status the man held in the Coalition. Sure, Lyndon was trusted by the top brass, but who knows what kind of P.T.S.D. homicidal rage was in thr man's mind... It rained SLUGS on the man! That's got to mess a man's head up!!

When he turned his gaze back towards Grandpa Givens, Mane relaxed his murder-stare into something much more sociable. "Ahhh, I can't wait to meet the pups! This is going to be good!"
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane

Postby James Howlett » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 77
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13

CS High Command wrote:She turns to James. "Did I hear correctly that they rolled him into your command?" When he acknowledges this, she nods sagely. "Good, you'll find his gifts useful. As you heard me tell him, I work with psionic-technology integration research. Everything from mind-machine interface technology, mind over matter cybernetic research, and even the punitive bionics used on enemy magic users and psychics all are our playground. I'm on a few teams, but my speciality is Mind over Matter research. Everything from expanding psionic ability to focusing it. One thing we're trying to do is find just how invasive we can be without long term mental stability issues. Give smaller boost than the standard 'crazy' treatment, but also one that the mind can accept without damage. Eventually we'd love to move to a completely genetic based rewrite, but we're not there yet. One day though." She smiles as she speaks of her work. One thing James noticed was how she neatly sidestepped the question of where, but without shutting it down. Perhaps in conversation later.

James' eyes light up at the topic of conversation. "Oh really, that is fascinating. I have been working on a design for a modified Mind Over Matter implat that would allow the user to split their attention, so far it is only in theoretical stage. I hope to work some more on it with the bit of down time we are likely to receive in the near future. As for psionic based implants, I have a scout that may be interested in some of their features. The idea of Genetic based programming is fascinating as well, and I would love to see the research into that, though I am certain that will not be an allowable thing. Much the shame in my opinion, but it is what it is. I should go and say hello to Colonel Black, before the party is over. If you would excuse me." James says politely to a very interesting woman.

James gets up from his chair and walks directly to the area Lieutenant Colonel Black is sitting. "Greetings." James says to the table in general. "Colonel Black, do you have a few minutes to spare for a conversation?"
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
James Howlett
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 pm

GM Mini-reply

John Freeman wrote:"The Colonel pay extra for spying on officers?"

The fellow chuckles, an officer himself, smirks. "Nah, just the perks of good food and a continued paycheck. I heard you were pretty decent. I'd ask what happened in Ishpeming, but what you can tell me you can't, and I couldn't confirm what I know. Good job out in the boondocks though. Special Forces seems to be your cup of tea." There's so many veiled insults and compliments, it's hard telling where one ends and one begins. Whoever this, a quick check of his rank reveals Captain, is, he is incredibly prepared and petty enough to fire back when busted.

James Howlett wrote:"Oh really, that is fascinating. I have been working on a design for a modified Mind Over Matter implant that would allow the user to split their attention, so far it is only in theoretical stage. I hope to work some more on it with the bit of down time we are likely to receive in the near future."

He has her attention at this. "Really, tell me more, in general I mean. Have you accounted for the cerebral drift? We've done some work on it in the past - it's in the journals so I'm sure you read it - but we never could get past a schizophrenic break every time we used it. We eventually had to move to Dogboys because we were running through so many volunteers. We just couldn't make it work and maintain cognition. I assume you have some thoughts on that." Of course anyone listening close to the two might be appalled at the idea of causing permanent mental illness as an unfortunate side effect of experimentation. To James and the Major, however, this was simply another aspect of the design and research process.
James Howlett wrote:"As for psionic based implants, I have a scout that may be interested in some of their features."

She looks surprised, but then smiles ruefully. "I shouldn't be surprised he knows of them if he's in your squad. If you want to send him our way, we can evaluate him for the procedure. and give him the counseling if he wants to do it."
James Howlett wrote:"The idea of Genetic based programming is fascinating as well, and I would love to see the research into that, though I am certain that will not be an allowable thing. Much the shame in my opinion, but it is what it is. I should go and say hello to Colonel Black, before the party is over. If you would excuse me." James says politely to a very interesting woman.

"Oh I'm sure you can strike up the conversation, but you're not getting in without help." She rises and offers her arm. "I need to talk to my CO anyway." She winks and accompanies him. When they get stopped at the door a look at the Major's name and uniform makes the sentry think twice and he has a quick conversation over a radio. James can hear the conversation and it's basically a full rundown of who's asking to get in. There's not even a concern for his arm candy, but James is a bit of a wild card until Colonel Black herself okays him to come through.

Colonel Black is sitting in conversation with someone James recognizes the face of - he's part of High Command - but he doesn't remember the name. She excuses herself, and the man leaves, moving to talk to Lyboc. She invites James and the Major to sit. She looks first to her subordinate with a soft warm smile she is not known for in her public persona. Still every officer who has command has to deal with loss, and James is actually trained in grief counseling, so he sees the clinical precision in her empathic response. "I know I said it already Miranda, but my condolences on the loss of your son." She meant it as far as James could tell, and why wouldn't she. The loss of a good officer always hurts. She looks to James and extends a hand. "Congratulations on your successful mission Captain Howlett. So what brings you two to such high country."
Major Taylor chuckles and admits somewhat guiltily. "Me, I just wanted to keep talking to someone with such interesting ideas. You know he's toying with that dual mind implant idea we shelved. And he has someone in his squad who might want to look at the psi-implant process. It's not often you hear of a researcher with such skill out in the field in command of special forces. He seemed hell bent on talking to you ma'am."
Colonel Black looks back at James and cocks her head curiously. "Alright Captain, I'm listening."

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Major, sir, thank you, that is my father. Even if my mom still has hope, I am sure he's gone. Is there anything you can tell me about his last mission? I assume my security clearance is higher now. Anything would be wonderful to hear. Even just something about what he was like. He was very strict about keeping his work secret. All we knew was he'd go away and eventually come back."

"Well you're in the teams, so I can tell you know one knows anything, and I mean the people who should know, don't. I last worked with him about a year before he disappeared. As far as the unofficial official record is concerned, he's MIA assumed a casualty. He could just be in some long term op or deep cover, but that's just as likely to mean the same thing at this point. And I only know that because there's a few colonels that owe me favors. I had a close friend on his team, so I was motivated to look. Just don't go around repeating that. We technically aren't supposed to know."

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Snoopy’s face is a veiled mix of conflicting emotions. Any news about his missing father is welcome. News that no one knows what happened is troubling. He struggles to hold back more questions, he’s learning that these people say what they can and that asking for more is asking for trouble. Plus, he now has his own secrets, the 110ths and his darker personal doubts. So he simply says, “Roger that sir, thank you. It means a lot.”
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 76
CS High Command wrote:
Egan Grey wrote:"Honestly I've never really cared about rank, I would have been content with remaining a PFC for my entire career. Command seems to have other ideas, but if they want a Staff Sergeant, then that is what they will get." His voice matches his bewildered expression as he talks about his new rank, but it ends with conviction.
She smiles. "That's a good attitude Staff Sergeant. Wish we had a dozen like you in Old Chicago with that kind of attitude. I could get some shit done." She smirks. "Eh, who am I kidding, some butter bar would probably take all the credit anyway. But that's what they are for. Taking the credit so they limit the amount of times they promote the backbone of the army."
Egan Grey wrote:"The meat grinder...I'm sorry. Growing up in the burbs that was one of the names I heard it called and I think it should be us thanking you for everything you do on a daily basis for us here Command Sergeant Major." With his glass still in hand, Egan raises it once more and solemnly offers a toast once more as the faces of those he knew and lost played through his mind. "For those that cannot be with us. We remember." He downs the rest remnants of his glass and sets it down. He takes a moment to gather himself before looking back over at CSM Grimm, "What made you decide to switch over from Spec Ops if you don't mind me asking?"
She smiles, though it is a bit painful. In truth the amount of lives she saw lost each year had to be staggering. She joins in the toast. "We remember." She puts down the glass. She shrugs about his apology and his return thanks. "We who tread the dark places of this world rarely think of how we affect the world around us. Mostly we just try to survive. That we all have in common. As for my switch, well let's say I'm not as enamored of all people in that room up there. There's one in particular I know well from all the time I worked for him. Let me just say, if a certain Colonel takes a shine to you, run. His reputation is not even close to the complete truth, and only half as brutal. I was spec force recon, so putting me in Old Chicago as an experienced NCO just made sense, even if I was a political landmine. One thing I like about the Grinder, all that bullshit fades away. But don't tell anyone I said that, they'd likely put me up for a medical check." She chuckles at this.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:”After a show like this I have a feeling the decision of what we’re doing next has already been made, and our preference isn’t going to matter. Who did you serve with from the second? Provided you’re allowed to say of course.”
"You're probably not wrong Corporal. I knew most of Second platoon above sergeant, you were too junior to be let in on our poker tournament. In addition, I'd been in recon with Quinn and O'Neill came from the Fighting Joes."

Egan smiles as CSM Grimm's pronouncement that she would get stuff done with more like himself, but the officers would just be the ones to benefit from the work. He nods in agreement when she states that is what they are there for. -Fine by me, I hope I never have to deal with command.- As she speaks about her switch Egan lets the CSM's words and warning sink in and goes silent for a moment in contemplation as the newest addition to the squad points out the obvious elephant in the room, at least in regards to them. Egan opens his mouth to continue the conversation when Snoopy's awe struck voice carries over the table.
CS High Command wrote:
Snoopy wrote:"Wow. Wow. My dad was Special Forces, I never imagined I'd follow in his footsteps. Wow!"

The CSM does a double take as she looks at his name tag. She breathes in. "Those are some big shoes to fill, assuming its Major Diego Toretto who was your father. I worked with him before. His loss affected a lot of folks. You have my condolences." Even though he was listed as MIA, everyone, including his mother, considers him dead. So it wasn't the first time Snoopy had heard the platitude. But it was the first time anyone said they'd worked with him.
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Major, sir, thank you, that is my father. Even if my mom still has hope, I am sure he's gone. Is there anything you can tell me about his last mission? I assume my security clearance is higher now. Anything would be wonderful to hear. Even just something about what he was like. He was very strict about keeping his work secret. All we knew was he'd go away and eventually come back."

"Well you're in the teams, so I can tell you know one knows anything, and I mean the people who should know, don't. I last worked with him about a year before he disappeared. As far as the unofficial official record is concerned, he's MIA assumed a casualty. He could just be in some long term op or deep cover, but that's just as likely to mean the same thing at this point. And I only know that because there's a few colonels that owe me favors. I had a close friend on his team, so I was motivated to look. Just don't go around repeating that. We technically aren't supposed to know."
Egan listens to the exchange with some interest, but looks completely bored when the CSM gets to the last part. -Well that just proves that not everyone in this world has a worthless piece of shit as a father. I really do hope he can get the answers that he deserves. Hell, I'd even help him if I could at some point.....but we'll have to see what the brass has in store for all of us.- As a lull appears in the table talk, Egan fills the silence once more. "For the moment, I'm sure our command staff is in the cross-hairs way before us....But I will definitely keep that in mind." Wiping his face with a napkin, Egan folds in up and places it on the table as he continues. "All I really want to do now is get some fresh air and see the open sky again if possible." He stands up from the table and pushes in his chair as he looks over at CSM Grimm with a smile. "It was a pleasure meeting you Command Sergeant Major, if you ever need a hand, I'd be willing to help out." With a nod to those at the table, Egan moves off to try and find some fresh air and hopefully look out at the actual sky again. -I liked her. And I wish her the best of luck out there.-

OOC Comments
[Intelligence – 67%, 1d100 = 5, PASS] -To spot any interested partners or tails that might be keeping tabs on him
[Streetwise – 52%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] -To spot any interested partners or tails that might be keeping tabs on him
[Prowl – 82%, 1d100 = 12, PASS] -To try and lose any ones attention, and if there is a balcony or something to find the darkest corner to sit in
[Military Etiquette - 30%, 1d100 = 18, PASS] -To keep up with protocols and such
[Detect Ambush (6th) - 50%, 1d100 = 21, PASS] -To spot any interested partners or tails that might be keeping tabs on him
PFC Egan Grey (7-3-2017)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 53/53
ISP - 36/56
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

NG Stalker Suit -Under Armor-
Main Body - 12 / 12
*All attempts to detect the Stalker Suit with thermal systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.*

T-42 Commando Scout EBA /wo Branaghan Overcoat
Head/Helmet — 55 / 60
Arms — 24 / 40 (L||R) 21 / 40 --- 0 / 0 (L||R) 0 / 0
Legs — 36 / 50 (L||R) 30 / 50 --- 0 / 0 (L||R) 0 / 0
Main Body — 42 / 70 --- 0 / 0
Built in Neural Mace Gauntlet (left Gauntlet)
same effects as a neural mace
Damage: 1d6 + special effects, see p.259 RUE for full details

Camouflage: Stealth Ghillie Suit
Modifiers: +10% bonus to Prowl and blend skills
What makes the suit more advanced is the interior layer which is electronically cooled by
means of a standard E-Clip (48 hours of use) to suppress the wearer's thermal pattern. Due to this cooling system, the stealth suit cannot be detected by thermal-imagers at ranges greater than 200 feet (61 m). And even within close range, attempts to detect the heat signature of the person inside the suit suffer a penalty of -30% to the operator's Read Sensory Equipment skill.

JA-12 Laser Rifle (Slung on Back)
Range: Laser: 4000', Grenade 2000'
Damage: 4D6 MD, 1D6x10+10 MD (burst); Grenade-3D6 MD
Rate of Fire: Single shot or 3-round bursts only
Payload: Long E-clip: 11/30 - Internal E-clip: 27/30 -Grenade launcher: 0/4
Bonuses: +1 to Strike on an aimed or called shot
Wilk's 325 "Mariner" Pulse Pistol (Holster right leg)
Damage: 2D8 M.D. (ss) / 4D8 M.D. (ds) Range: 900' Payload: 48 / 48 (Lclip)
Modifiers: +2 Strike on Aimed Shot
C-5 Pump pistol (Holster small of back)
Damage: 4D6 MD Range: 800' Payload: 2 / 5
Notes: 2 Speed loaders(10 rounds) + 0 extra Rounds. A speed loader will load all five rounds in four seconds (one melee action)

Neural Mace Bola - Damage: 1d6 + special effects, see p.259 RUE for full details. -remote triggered-
Vibro-Garrotte - Damage: 4D4 MD per melee. 60 mins / 60 mins (2 extra e-clips)
Vibro Knife - 1D6 M.D.
Smoke Grenades - 2 / 2
Egan Grey

Previous

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum