All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby CS High Command » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Fitted for a Tux?
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 1300 by end of post.
    Temp: 8°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Army Training Facility - Chi-Town; Armory Fitting Area 8405-Echo
After lunch, the group assembles in their next location, a fitting area normally reserved for fitting a platoon at a time. But instead, it's just them and an entire fitting team that would normally outfit said platoon. Instead, these outfitters instead take the team through a very intensive measuring process that scans them at the micrometer level. Just as they get done with James, a borg walks into the room with papers in hand.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 40 (+15% vision, +25% recognizing salvage, +20% recognizing contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 32

Drum walks down the hallway, heavy steps despite the rubber soles on the bottom of his large mechanical feet. He stops in front of the door recognizing the numbers on the plate beside it. He gently opens to door, making sure not to damage the knob/handle on the door or open the door so quickly it hits someone or bangs against the wall. He steps in to see the room filled with people in various stages of undress waiting to be measured.

The man is obviously a full conversion cyborg. Taller than a human, but smaller than some of the larger body styles that are available, he's about 7' tall. The body has few external features, notably a forearm energy weapon with a large bore on the left arm. Other than what appears to be a non stylized human face, the body is smooth matte black with the standard attachment points for cyborg body armor.

He quickly scans the room, but doesn't recognize anyone. He stands at at attention and pounds out a crisp salute. In a loud voice (but not an outright shout), he says, "PFC Drummon Leighton reporting as ordered to see Captain Howlett."

The cyborg waits motionless, the faint sound of gears and clicks. When his new captain identifies himself, he holds out the paper with his orders (most of the words he doesn't know), and adds, "Sir, these are for you." I wonder if I should ask for literacy training considering how much paper appears to get pushed around. I recognized my name and identification number, the room number and to report to Captain Howlett, but the rest looks like a string of random words. It's so easy to make a video or dictate a message, must be a security thing to actually write the orders down.

He takes a step back and waits patiently for the Captain to read the orders.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Perception 1d20+4 = 16
JIC 1d20 = 13
JIC 1d100 = 72

There is absolutely no doubt about it. It's nearing behavior unbecoming of an officer. Snoopy is very excited about the idea of a tux, especially a custom tailored one. He is very much in danger of being overwhelmed with all the good things that have so recently happened. As he stands with his shirt off getting those micrometer measurements taken, he observes the new scars of his cyber enhancements.

He's studying these when the full borg walks in. It's hard to put on the officer vibe standing in a chilly room with nothing but government issue skivvies on. It's hard to project any vibe but shrinkage. Hopefully they take the chill into account for the inseam.

That's only part of what Snoopy has been thinking about though. Since the briefing in the morning something has been itching at the back of his head. He didn't put it together until standing here as a squad. He needed a wingman. Mutual support. A lone pilot is vulnerable (in theory, of course, Snoopy is badass enough to make up for it most of the time, hey, if a pilot isn't confident and aggressive he should keep his feet on the ground). He analyzes the ancient theories of aerial combat from the old American Empire and their extensive air force. That term, "mutual support" came up in their doctrines quite a bit, along with "offensive formation" flying and less often "defensive formation" flying.

As soon as he gets to a terminal, Snoopy is going to write a quick outline of the "mutual support" argument and see if there's anyway to even at a most basic level, train up one of the others in the squad in a Deathwing.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 6
Conditions: None.

James is not really bothered by the amount of time it takes to fit him into a tuxedo. Once the tailors are finished James takes a seat only to be surprised by the new arrival. James takes the proffered orders in hand and looks them over for several long moments. Not seeing anything out of order, James links to the bases wireless system and calls up PFC Leighton's service record and peruses that for a few moments, filing it away for future reading. Private First Class Leighton, I acknowledge your orders and welcome you into the Coalition fortieth, fourth platoon. I am Captain Howlett, though most of them seem to call me Doc." James says before pointing to Snoopy. "That is my Executive Officer Lieutenant Toretto, and..." James points to Egan. "That is Staff Sergeant Grey." James says before really looking back at Drummond, (OOC: We're gonna have to get you a nickname.) "We are currently being fitted for Tuxedos for future use, including a working dinner tonight with Colonel Black later tonight. So go ahead and get into queue with the others and Iam certain one of these kind tailors will get to you. Again Welcome to the four oh four."

Once introductions are through James has an epiphany and pulls out his computer to start making some notes. (See Tinkerer's Thread)
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:49 pm

(rolls carried)

James Howlett wrote:Private First Class Leighton, I acknowledge your orders and welcome you into the Coalition fortieth, fourth platoon. I am Captain Howlett, though most of them seem to call me Doc." James says before pointing to Snoopy. "That is my Executive Officer Lieutenant Toretto, and..." James points to Egan. "That is Staff Sergeant Grey." James says before really looking back at Drummond, (OOC: We're gonna have to get you a nickname.) "We are currently being fitted for Tuxedos for future use, including a working dinner tonight with Colonel Black later tonight. So go ahead and get into queue with the others and Iam certain one of these kind tailors will get to you. Again Welcome to the four oh four."

Drum responds, "Yes Cap...sir...uh, Doc." A doctor is in charge of a squad? He has four arms, bionics for sure, he's definitely not stock. He wishes he could look at the orders again. Didn't it say Psi-Battalion? I think I saw that weird swishy X...Ψ on the paper. Must be special ops for sure. Drum, I think you are in the big leagues.

He says "Hello." to the lieutenant and staff sergeant, and gives a wave with one of his mechanical hands at the rest in greeting.

The cyborg finishes processing what his new captain has said. "A tuxedo, sir? I don't think I ever expected to wear clothes again." Having dinner with the Colonel? I hope they have industrial strength spoons, or I am going to make the worst first impression. Maybe I'll just ask for a metal mug with water in it. He shakes his head slightly, and says, "Fancy, but I may have to sit out any dancing. Don't want to smash anybody's toes."

The cyborg steps up when it's his turn letting the machine take the precision measurements. Maybe this is why they put me back in the base shell.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 am

Perception 21% (36% if electronics or machines): 1d100 = 85
JiC: 1d100 = 97
JiC: 1d20 = 20

Lyndon waits patiently through the scanning process idly seeing if he can gauge the specs of the measuring devices just by eyeballing them. He’s never quite fully relaxed though. Ever since Vency’s arrival there’s a tension in him. It’s not as bad as their first meeting and the subsequent dinner, but it’s clear the presence of the nullifier has taken sharpened the edge that his vacation had dulled. He makes a point to keep his distance from Vency, and anytime the private gets to close he pushes back against the field with his telemechanics. He only stops if the room is too small, otherwise he will keep needling the psychic’s defenses until it goes off.

When the measuring is done Lyndon pulls his pants back on before cracking a smile, ”Doesn’t matter how good those scanners are, 15 credits says the tuxes still bind up on your tenders.” It’s then that they’re interrupted by the arrival of what he believes is their last addition. After introductions are complete he offers a friendly nod to the borg while giving his shell a once over. A part of him wonders what it’s like. ‘Not the first time I’ve thought it, but it’s a damn shame the conversion process would kill my psi.”. Gesturing with his thumb he adds a caveat to his bet. ”Okay, his probably won’t pinch.” Slipping into his undershirt he approaches Leighton and offers a friendly hand. ”Welcome aboard. I’m Corporal Jericho.”
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 125/125
Spd: 25
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:03 am

Perception: 64% - 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 90

Egan steps up to one of the stations and gets undressed to the point required, circular starburst scarring stands out in rings around his right shoulder and left hip of his muscular frame, other minor scars and bruising in various states of healing are also readily visible. He is about halfway through his scan when he hears heavy footsteps enter the room and a new voice speaks to the Doc.
James Howlett wrote:James points to Egan. "That is Staff Sergeant Grey."
Hearing his name Egan turns around and gives a jaunty wave to the new guy which earns him a huff and a not so kind reminder to stay still. "Excessive movement during the scan is counter productive Mr. Grey, please try and remain still if your capable." Turning back forward, Egan finishes the scan and gets dressed. -Fancy armored suits....so this means more bullshit VIP parties and rubbing elbows with the brass. Fuck. That sucks.- Clothes back on, Egan makes his way over to the new comer. -Combat Borg....Nice. Wonder if the Doc will want to build him up? He seems to be on a creation kick right now.- Offering his hand to the Borg, Egan speaks. "Nice to have you along, the names Egan."
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum