All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby CS High Command » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm

Fitted for a Tux?
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 1300 by end of post.
    Temp: 8°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Army Training Facility - Chi-Town; Armory Fitting Area 8405-Echo
After lunch, the group assembles in their next location, a fitting area normally reserved for fitting a platoon at a time. But instead, it's just them and an entire fitting team that would normally outfit said platoon. Instead, these outfitters instead take the team through a very intensive measuring process that scans them at the micrometer level. Just as they get done with James, a borg walks into the room with papers in hand.
Image
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 40 (+15% vision, +25% recognizing salvage, +20% recognizing contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 32


Drum walks down the hallway, heavy steps despite the rubber soles on the bottom of his large mechanical feet. He stops in front of the door recognizing the numbers on the plate beside it. He gently opens to door, making sure not to damage the knob/handle on the door or open the door so quickly it hits someone or bangs against the wall. He steps in to see the room filled with people in various stages of undress waiting to be measured.

The man is obviously a full conversion cyborg. Taller than a human, but smaller than some of the larger body styles that are available, he's about 7' tall. The body has few external features, notably a forearm energy weapon with a large bore on the left arm. Other than what appears to be a non stylized human face, the body is smooth matte black with the standard attachment points for cyborg body armor.

He quickly scans the room, but doesn't recognize anyone. He stands at at attention and pounds out a crisp salute. In a loud voice (but not an outright shout), he says, "PFC Drummon Leighton reporting as ordered to see Captain Howlett."

The cyborg waits motionless, the faint sound of gears and clicks. When his new captain identifies himself, he holds out the paper with his orders (most of the words he doesn't know), and adds, "Sir, these are for you." I wonder if I should ask for literacy training considering how much paper appears to get pushed around. I recognized my name and identification number, the room number and to report to Captain Howlett, but the rest looks like a string of random words. It's so easy to make a video or dictate a message, must be a security thing to actually write the orders down.

He takes a step back and waits patiently for the Captain to read the orders.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Perception 1d20+4 = 16
JIC 1d20 = 13
JIC 1d100 = 72

There is absolutely no doubt about it. It's nearing behavior unbecoming of an officer. Snoopy is very excited about the idea of a tux, especially a custom tailored one. He is very much in danger of being overwhelmed with all the good things that have so recently happened. As he stands with his shirt off getting those micrometer measurements taken, he observes the new scars of his cyber enhancements.

He's studying these when the full borg walks in. It's hard to put on the officer vibe standing in a chilly room with nothing but government issue skivvies on. It's hard to project any vibe but shrinkage. Hopefully they take the chill into account for the inseam.

That's only part of what Snoopy has been thinking about though. Since the briefing in the morning something has been itching at the back of his head. He didn't put it together until standing here as a squad. He needed a wingman. Mutual support. A lone pilot is vulnerable (in theory, of course, Snoopy is badass enough to make up for it most of the time, hey, if a pilot isn't confident and aggressive he should keep his feet on the ground). He analyzes the ancient theories of aerial combat from the old American Empire and their extensive air force. That term, "mutual support" came up in their doctrines quite a bit, along with "offensive formation" flying and less often "defensive formation" flying.

As soon as he gets to a terminal, Snoopy is going to write a quick outline of the "mutual support" argument and see if there's anyway to even at a most basic level, train up one of the others in the squad in a Deathwing.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby James Howlett » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 6
Conditions: None.

James is not really bothered by the amount of time it takes to fit him into a tuxedo. Once the tailors are finished James takes a seat only to be surprised by the new arrival. James takes the proffered orders in hand and looks them over for several long moments. Not seeing anything out of order, James links to the bases wireless system and calls up PFC Leighton's service record and peruses that for a few moments, filing it away for future reading. Private First Class Leighton, I acknowledge your orders and welcome you into the Coalition fortieth, fourth platoon. I am Captain Howlett, though most of them seem to call me Doc." James says before pointing to Snoopy. "That is my Executive Officer Lieutenant Toretto, and..." James points to Egan. "That is Staff Sergeant Grey." James says before really looking back at Drummond, (OOC: We're gonna have to get you a nickname.) "We are currently being fitted for Tuxedos for future use, including a working dinner tonight with Colonel Black later tonight. So go ahead and get into queue with the others and Iam certain one of these kind tailors will get to you. Again Welcome to the four oh four."

Once introductions are through James has an epiphany and pulls out his computer to start making some notes. (See Tinkerer's Thread)
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:49 pm

(rolls carried)

James Howlett wrote:Private First Class Leighton, I acknowledge your orders and welcome you into the Coalition fortieth, fourth platoon. I am Captain Howlett, though most of them seem to call me Doc." James says before pointing to Snoopy. "That is my Executive Officer Lieutenant Toretto, and..." James points to Egan. "That is Staff Sergeant Grey." James says before really looking back at Drummond, (OOC: We're gonna have to get you a nickname.) "We are currently being fitted for Tuxedos for future use, including a working dinner tonight with Colonel Black later tonight. So go ahead and get into queue with the others and Iam certain one of these kind tailors will get to you. Again Welcome to the four oh four."


Drum responds, "Yes Cap...sir...uh, Doc." A doctor is in charge of a squad? He has four arms, bionics for sure, he's definitely not stock. He wishes he could look at the orders again. Didn't it say Psi-Battalion? I think I saw that weird swishy X...Ψ on the paper. Must be special ops for sure. Drum, I think you are in the big leagues.

He says "Hello." to the lieutenant and staff sergeant, and gives a wave with one of his mechanical hands at the rest in greeting.

The cyborg finishes processing what his new captain has said. "A tuxedo, sir? I don't think I ever expected to wear clothes again." Having dinner with the Colonel? I hope they have industrial strength spoons, or I am going to make the worst first impression. Maybe I'll just ask for a metal mug with water in it. He shakes his head slightly, and says, "Fancy, but I may have to sit out any dancing. Don't want to smash anybody's toes."

The cyborg steps up when it's his turn letting the machine take the precision measurements. Maybe this is why they put me back in the base shell.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:11 am

Perception 21% (36% if electronics or machines): 1d100 = 85
JiC: 1d100 = 97
JiC: 1d20 = 20

Lyndon waits patiently through the scanning process idly seeing if he can gauge the specs of the measuring devices just by eyeballing them. He’s never quite fully relaxed though. Ever since Vency’s arrival there’s a tension in him. It’s not as bad as their first meeting and the subsequent dinner, but it’s clear the presence of the nullifier has taken sharpened the edge that his vacation had dulled. He makes a point to keep his distance from Vency, and anytime the private gets to close he pushes back against the field with his telemechanics. He only stops if the room is too small, otherwise he will keep needling the psychic’s defenses until it goes off.

When the measuring is done Lyndon pulls his pants back on before cracking a smile, ”Doesn’t matter how good those scanners are, 15 credits says the tuxes still bind up on your tenders.” It’s then that they’re interrupted by the arrival of what he believes is their last addition. After introductions are complete he offers a friendly nod to the borg while giving his shell a once over. A part of him wonders what it’s like. ‘Not the first time I’ve thought it, but it’s a damn shame the conversion process would kill my psi.”. Gesturing with his thumb he adds a caveat to his bet. ”Okay, his probably won’t pinch.” Slipping into his undershirt he approaches Leighton and offers a friendly hand. ”Welcome aboard. I’m Corporal Jericho.”
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
User avatar
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:03 am

Perception: 64% - 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 90

Egan steps up to one of the stations and gets undressed to the point required, circular starburst scarring stands out in rings around his right shoulder and left hip of his muscular frame, other minor scars and bruising in various states of healing are also readily visible. He is about halfway through his scan when he hears heavy footsteps enter the room and a new voice speaks to the Doc.
James Howlett wrote:James points to Egan. "That is Staff Sergeant Grey."
Hearing his name Egan turns around and gives a jaunty wave to the new guy which earns him a huff and a not so kind reminder to stay still. "Excessive movement during the scan is counter productive Mr. Grey, please try and remain still if your capable." Turning back forward, Egan finishes the scan and gets dressed. -Fancy armored suits....so this means more bullshit VIP parties and rubbing elbows with the brass. Fuck. That sucks.- Clothes back on, Egan makes his way over to the new comer. -Combat Borg....Nice. Wonder if the Doc will want to build him up? He seems to be on a creation kick right now.- Offering his hand to the Borg, Egan speaks. "Nice to have you along, the names Egan."
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby James Howlett » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

(Rolls Carried Over))

James watches the others begin the meet and greet with the newest member of the team. James chuckles lightly as he listens to the bets about armored pants binding in the crotch. "Just tell them how you wear your pants and that should not be an issue." James says matter of factually never looking up from his computer. James slowly tracing wire diagrams on a miniaturized level. "I always found that the body suit of CA-4 body armor was uncomfortable, I requested CA-7 almost as soon as I could in the field." James say to the group just to add to the conversation. "PFC Leighton I do not know if there will be any dancing at tonight's dinner. I am under the impression it will be a working dinner. Mission updates and tactics briefings. Colonel Black just likely wants to see you all squirm in monkey suits." James says following with a almost predatory smile.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:30 pm

[Rolls carried over...]

When he gets a moment Snoopy approaches James with a request, "Captain, I've put together some thoughts on applying Old American Empire fighter tactics to Deathwing and SAMAS combat. Would you review it? I'm still fairly new at writing in general." He isn't nervous at all about having put together notes on combat tactics, but he is worried about the quality of his writing. Talking to James also keeps him from joining in the antics of others, something he's naturally drawn too. Now though, he's struggling with his change in his status and the effects it has on the ground in the real world.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Merchant of Death » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Dinner Party
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 2000 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the area 40 miles away, but none in the facility itself.
    Location: Coalition States Undisclosed Research Facility - XRF-1138
At 1600 hours a military courier finds Howlett. "Sir, I have a priority yellow communique. Your eyes only." The courier lifts up the hardened briefcase and faces it to James. A little panel lifts up requiring a biometric scan of the Doctor's left eye. As soon as the scan completes, a brief hiss can be heard as the case unlocks. A pair of goggles sit inside the case, connected to via a data cable.

As Howlett puts on the goggles he can hear a synthesized woman's voice, "This message is priority yellow communique for the commanding officer of the CS-40-4th" The screen blinks on and the following can be read:

Mission Parameters wrote:LOADING...

LOADING...

TO: CPT HOWLETT
FROM: COL BLACK

ORDERS: WORKING MEETING HAS CHANGED LOCATIONS. HAVE 40-4TH TO REPORT TO HANGAR CHI-UIY-2249 FOR DEPLOYMENT AT 1800 HOURS

...END


As soon as Howlett is done and the goggles are inserted back into the case, the courier shuts it. "Sir!" The courier salutes, and leaves when he gets dismissed by the superior officer.

OOC Comments
Feel free to banter a bit more during the two hours for the meeting. The meeting location has changed, not the requirements. So the Tux is a requirement.

XRF-1138 Research Facility
The transport holding the Revenants sets down, and the door opens up to a cavernous facility. Skelebots mingle around the hangar, some performing maintenance with a human technician, while others are providing security. A fairly young soldier stands at the bottom of the loading ramp of the transport. He doesn't salute, even though he is only a corporal based on his insignia's. But it is reasonable when in a not so secure area, or a forward base of operations. "Sir, it's 1930. I am here to bring you and your team to the Colonel. Do you require access to the facilities prior to meeting the Colonel?"

As the Corporal starts to lead the squad to their meeting room, a squad of SAMAS PA's start to walk out of the hangar. A pretty common occurrence in an FOB that sends out recon patrols. "It's not a far walk, we will need to go on a lift." They walk down a long three meter wide hall, till they end at elevator doors. The corporal walks in and swipes his security card to activate the elevator. "Just a few more moments." They exit out on an observation deck in a forest like region. The crisp air, feels even colder with the a swift gust of win. But the moon is bright in the sky. It's not much of a walk outside before the corporal leads the Revenants into a large room. This room has several people mulling about, appetizers and drinks are on tables. "This is where I'll leave you. The Colonel will be in shortly."

OOC Comments
Remember this is a working meeting. List any items of note. Next GM post will be with Col. Black


What do you do?
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:00 pm

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 41 (+15% vision, +25% recognizing salvage, +20% recognizing contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 79

Waiting for the dinner to start, Drum make small talk with the other members of the team. When the opportunity arises, he asks Doc Howlett, "Doc, unless it's a secret, what exactly are my orders? I mean, I didn't receive a reprimand or anything that I've been told, but I was re-shelled in a basic body and told to report here." The incongruity of his human face and robot body is pronounced when he adds, "I saw the bionics catalog when I arrived for my advanced training, and there was some sweet new tech that I wanted. Internal power supplies, enhanced senses, increased strength and agility, built in weapons. I submitted a requisition, but I must have done something wrong when I filled it out because my request was denied." He looks suddenly abashed, "Uh, not that being assigned here is a punishment, just that I didn't get the enhancements I wanted."

Inside his head, the cyborg wants to reach into his bag and get his drumsticks and start tapping out a beat while he waits, but he holds still, only his eyes making any movement as he looks around. The small mechanical sounds of his body belying his motionless state.

When the tux is deliver. He looks at the giant sized garments. I hope these are made from somthing stronger than cotton or wool, or this is going to be embarrassing as soon as I sit or reach for something. He struggles to put on the various pieces, finally, saying, "I need some help, this body isn't as forgiving as my original. I can't get the right grip without fear of tearing it to get these on."

When it's time to go, he follows along, last, unless somebody else really wants to take the spot. Once in the room, he stands to the side of the door waiting and keeping out of the way until ordered to a table.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Perception: 26% - 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 17 : 1d100 = 97

Vecny stood as far from everyone during the fitting, his presence seeming to effect everyone in different ways. The Technomancy he could control. The Nullifying wave he could not. He really was not making any great in roads with the 40th and was having that sneaking suspision that this assignment may end up being like the rest.

Pushing those thoughts aside, Vecny readies himself for when the tailors come in and fit him for his suit. At least with the tailor and assistants, he can carry on a conversation without worrying about interfering with their livelihoods. Vecny is chatty, friendly, and even very curtious to the tailor and assistants. When they leave his demeanor seems to darken. It just didn't last long enough.
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Perception 1d100 = 80/64%
JIC 1d20 = 12
JIC 1d100 = 31

All dressed up and nothing to do, much less nowhere to go. Snoopy likes the monkey suit, there is no doubt. He watches the two Sams take off with no small bit of jealousy. He is not starstruck by "brass" like he is by pomp and circumstance. He's not here to for entertainment, this is work. With a sigh he adjusts his tie, straightens his collar and generally fusses to make sure things are all squared away.

He crosses the hangar and watches the dynamics of the team, trying to spot any rough spots or any issues that might need to be addressed sooner than later. And sure enough, the new guy, seems to be having issues to spare. Snoopy thinks back to the guys profile. Psi-bat type stuff. With a sigh, Snoopy figures he should be the good cop, since there's no way in hell Howlett could be anything but bad cop.

So once in the "mingle mode", Snoopy approaches Vecny. He says, "Hola Private. Can you tell me what the issue the other enlisted guys seem to have with you? I'm not psychic or anything, so help me out. I suspect if you are pissing these guys off just by being here, you'll be pretty handy to have around when we run into the freaks in the wild." Snoopy pauses, trying to apply text book principles of leadership to actually people in the field. He chuckles, it may be a little forced, but this isn't an easy situation and it could actually be crippling when things do go crazy. "I wanted to speak with you first before I have a chat with the others, so I to understand really what it is that you can do. The personnel file is fairly vague, if you don't want to look up all the codes and shorthand." Finally he adds, hoping to break the formality down for a moment, "Just a few short months ago I was a corporal, so all this "management" business is still pretty new to me."
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Mane » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:20 am

Perception (28% bar): 1d100+10 = 95; +25% on IFF Check (60% bar)
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 82

Mane stood there motionless, his arms splayed wide into a "T" as the team of tailors took his measurements using lasers and conventional tape. Standing there virtually nude, save for the black silk boxers covered in rainbow colored peace signs, Mane's once-picturesque fur-covered washboard abs we're now clearly covered in a somewhat bulbous protective layer of fat. He was not obese by any stretch of the imagination, but the months of full-flavor beer and jelly donuts had clearly taken their toll.

As the tailors jotted down the measurements and double check them to be absolutely positively sure, the passified murder-cat asked the tailor closest to his front, "Now you're sure the material of this thing is going to be completely animal free, right? I can't have the suffering of some poor innocent lamb or goat hanging from my body."

Weather the tailor told him the truth or an outright lie in reply, Mane would probably never really know. He had no choice but to take the man's word for it either way.

Just then Mane's sensitive ears heard the new man coming well before he opened the door. The cadence of his mechanical heavy feet immediately betrayed his bionic nature. Mane figured the machine-man weighed about half a ton judging by the thumps he made on the floor.

After the boss made a few introductions, Mane felt bit slighted about his omission. But just as quickly a thought came out of nowhere into his head telling him, You're just a mutant. It's okay if they think you're less important. As the alien thought echoed through his mind a strange itch started to sensate behind his right ear. He resisted the urge to scratch it, but as he stood there another thought came to him. Less important?!? Who the fuck said that?? Something strange is going on here!! As quickly as the itch came on, it suddenly disappeared. Mane slowly did the math and started adding things up, and then he seriously began to wonder, Oh my God!! Did they really put some kind of behavioral modification chip in my brain???

Mane remained uncharacteristically quiet for the rest of the trip as they set off to meet the colonel for their special dinner. Once at the Forward Operating Base, Mane's eyes spied on the Skelebots scurrying about with wonder and curriosity. Before his therapy sessions he never gave much mind to mechanical things with no spark of soul in them and no way to truly die. But now, being a brand new cat, such wonders of Technology and approximations of life brought a sense of wonder to him. The thoughts of death worship were pushed far to the back of his mind... Again out of nowhere the spot behind his right year itched! This time Mane scatched at it and could swear he felt the tell-tale signs of a tiny surgical scar. Could it be?!?

Once to where they needed to be, Mane began to pull his new suit out from its storage bag along with the others. He dressed himself quickly, wasting no time. The suit felt unnatural with its precise measurements and fitting. But if the boss wanted him in this foo-foo formalwear, then that's what the boss would get.

Then from the corner of his eye, the hulking murder-cat noticed something...

Drummond Leighton wrote: He struggles to put on the various pieces, finally, saying, "I need some help, this body isn't as forgiving as my original. I can't get the right grip without fear of tearing it to get these on."


Without hesitating or needing to be asked, Mane jogged over to help the new teammate. "Hold on, Tiny. I've got you." Taking hold of the cyborg around his waist with one arm, Mane lifted Drumm up into the air with a modest grunt. Then with his free arm, he helped put on the man's pants. "Ooof! You're kind of heavy! Good thing I ate my kale and soy energy drink this morning."

With the hard part over of getting the cyborg's pants on, Mane put him back down as gently as a feather falling on a bank of freshly fallen snow. "Let me know if you need any more help. I'm here for my pride... which I guess includes you now too.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:24 am

(rolls held)

The suits arrived and Vecny had the easiest time of getting dressed. Not his prefered attire but certainly a well made piece of clothing.

Falling into to step with Drummond, Vecny can't help but admire all the 'Borg's working parts. He makes a mental note to see how much Drummond knows about all the parts and components. One thing Vecny does not do, since he caught himself before hand, is actually speak to the machines, even though they speak to him.






Maintaining safe distances, Vecny takes to shadows when and where he can to avoid drawing too much attention. Staying near the 'Borg makes a great deal of sense to him and he does his best to utilize the giant's shadow.

When the Lieutenant catches him and is able to drop his questions on him, Vecny stops and lets anyone else past.

"Sir, my 'talent' disrupts or squelchs other psychics powers and abilities. It is not something I can turn on or off. I can just dump more power into it."

"Other psychics state it feels like something really dirty. Of course I have never been the recipient of the power."

At the Lt's motion to proceed, Vecny just looks baffled. "There really isn't much else to tell. I can also sense others and talk to machines."

Nodding towards the retreating backsides of the other team members, Vecny falls in step with the Lt, grateful to have found one other individual uneffected by his natural talents.
Last edited by Vecny on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:55 am

Rolls
Perception: 1d100 = 18 21%, +15% if electronics or machines
JiC1d100 = 66
JiC1d20 = 12


Snoopy Toretto wrote:[Rolls carried over...]

When he gets a moment Snoopy approaches James with a request, "Captain, I've put together some thoughts on applying Old American Empire fighter tactics to Deathwing and SAMAS combat. Would you review it? I'm still fairly new at writing in general." He isn't nervous at all about having put together notes on combat tactics, but he is worried about the quality of his writing. Talking to James also keeps him from joining in the antics of others, something he's naturally drawn too. Now though, he's struggling with his change in his status and the effects it has on the ground in the real world.



The spread of knowledge is one taboo that Lyndon finds the most difficult to resist, so when he overhears Snoopy asking for help he can’t help but interject. It doesn’t hurt that the topic is right up his alley. ”My parents taught me to read as a kid and I’ve never given it up Lt. I’d be happy to look over what you have. Honestly it sounds like a great topic too, been flying nearly as long as I’ve been in the service so it sounds like my kind of research project.”

XRF-1138 Research Facility
Stepping off the transport he carefully adjusts the jacket of his tux, making sure it is sitting just the way the tailor had shown him was ‘proper’. He is relatively at ease in the ridiculously fancy clothing, and if he manages to focus on the present he’d probably be truly enjoying himself. Instead he finds himself half in the moment, admiring the feel of the fabric, cut, and the comfort of the custom measurement while simultaneously remembering the last time he’d been in anything close to this nice.

It’d been their last dinner in Ishpeming, a lavish affair full of genuine, heartfelt laughs and bittersweet smiles. The pretending stopped in the morning. Lydon went back to deployment, and Jess went back to the burbs. The same questions speed across his mind in the present as did that last night. Questions he still hadn’t found the courage to seek answers to in the last several months. If the questions were unanswered it left him hope, but if he sought the truth and there was no legal recourse then that hope would be snuffed as easily as a candle.

So he spend their early evening, outwardly enjoying the evening and actively engaging every member of the team when appropriate (except Vency of course). But behind his eyes there is melancholy that a skilled observer is sure to notice.
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
User avatar
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:31 am

(rolls carried)

Mane wrote:Without hesitating or needing to be asked, Mane jogged over to help the new teammate. "Hold on, Tiny. I've got you." Taking hold of the cyborg around his waist with one arm, Mane lifted Drumm up into the air with a modest grunt. Then with his free arm, he helped put on the man's pants. "Ooof! You're kind of heavy! Good thing I ate my kale and soy energy drink this morning."

With the hard part over of getting the cyborg's pants on, Mane put him back down as gently as a feather falling on a bank of freshly fallen snow. "Let me know if you need any more help. I'm here for my pride... which I guess includes you now too.


Drum had seen that there was a mutant animal in the room, but focused as he was on making sure he delivered his orders to Captain Howlett, he hadn't paid much attention.

He had his head down while trying balancing on one foot to get a trowser leg on, when he hears the offer to help. "Thaaaannkkss. Whoa!" the cyborg exclaims as his bulk is summarily cat handled. He sees the furry paw, Are those retractable claws? That's one wierd dog boy. He turns his eyes, his mechanical eyes focus on Mane's face. That's a fricking lion!

Once back on the ground, he sees the cat is only slightly taller (7' 1" vs 7"). "I don't think I've ever been called 'Tiny' before, but thanks for the assist. I've worked with dog boys before, but your the first," Drums not sure what he'd be called, "uh, cat boy." He carries on, "You are probably the strongest organic being I've met. There was this one time when on patrol in the burbs that we had to stop two juicers who were tossing a ground car in a game of catch, but you could definitely see that the juice was flowing to let them do it."

At the research facility, Drum notices Vecny walking with him, "Hey there bub. How you doing?"
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Mane » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:04 pm

{{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}}

Drummond Leighton wrote:( "Thaaaannkkss. Whoa!" the cyborg exclaims as his bulk is summarily cat handled. ... "I don't think I've ever been called 'Tiny' before, but thanks for the assist. I've worked with dog boys before, but your the first," Drums not sure what he'd be called, "uh, cat boy."


"Mane." the massive mutant introduced himself as he looked Drumm over to see how well the tuxedo was fitting over the man's bionic frame. Of course it fit flawlessly... Such craftsmanship! "Call sign '357'... I think in reference to the bullet, but I'm not sure."

Dummond Leighton wrote:He carries on, "You are probably the strongest organic being I've met. There was this one time when on patrol in the burbs that we had to stop two juicers who were tossing a ground car in a game of catch, but you could definitely see that the juice was flowing to let them do it."


"Funny you mention that. Just a short while ago I got to kill a juicer with my bear hands. Got a picture of the blood splatter he made on the floor too if you want to see it... but I left that back in my quarters. ... Its with my old trophy collection, not that I care for that sort of thing any more." Feeling that strange itch behind his right ear flare up again when he tried to remember where he stashed that photo, Mane excused himself to scratch it. Drumm looked like he wanted to talk to Vecny anyhow.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby James Howlett » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 6
Conditions: None.


James watches the short message and smirks at it's completion. I wonder what is going on? James looks to the team. "Dismissed, Revenants, Assembly in hanger CHI-UIY-2249 by eighteen hundred." James says to the courier and team before going back to his work, the ideas seemingly pouring out of his fingertips.

Howlett looks to Snoopy. "Yeah I can take a look at it, I'm not as well versed in Flight theory as you, but I suppose if I see any glaring flaws, that'll be for something." James says to to his executive officer, before turning to Jericho and his butting in. "Oh you can read Corporal... good to know. I am sure that the Lieutenant will be happy to hear your dissertation on his work." James say, sounding a little annoyed, but trying to reign it back in for sake of morale.

James dismisses the team to go and get ready for the departure, heading to his apartment to do the same. On the way there he calls Miranda and asks if she knows anything going on with this meeting, to which he gets a him a verbal shrug. James shrugs himself and wishes her a good night, not knowing if she'll be there as well, before taking a shower and dressing in his new tuxedo. James is delighted in it's fit and poses a few times in the mirror like some dime store novel spy before grabbing his bag and heading to his car. The drive is quiet, James forgoing his usual Jazz music to think further on the several things he has on his mind.

James parks in the right lot and locks his car, not really worried that anything will happen to the vehicle, just makes sense to him. The walk to the hanger is cold, with the wind pulling at his overcoat. James smiles when the sees the team assembled and joins them in their wait.

James seems to be in a good mood as the group travels to the research facility. He makes sure to look at each team member and nod at their attire (Unless it's being worn wrong, then he moves over and fixes something). Upon landing, when the corporal approaches up the ramp. "He wants to know if you all went to the bathroom already..." James says to the team while chuckling. "We are fine Corporal, lead the way."

James just observes the facility as they walk to their destination. Once on the observation deck, James lets out a quiet whistle. That is a nice view

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Doc, unless it's a secret, what exactly are my orders? I mean, I didn't receive a reprimand or anything that I've been told, but I was re-shelled in a basic body and told to report here." The incongruity of his human face and robot body is pronounced when he adds, "I saw the bionics catalog when I arrived for my advanced training, and there was some sweet new tech that I wanted. Internal power supplies, enhanced senses, increased strength and agility, built in weapons. I submitted a requisition, but I must have done something wrong when I filled it out because my request was denied." He looks suddenly abashed, "Uh, not that being assigned here is a punishment, just that I didn't get the enhancements I wanted."


James looks at the newest member of the team. "Private Leighton, I would let you know what our orders are if I even knew. I am assuming that the Colonel will explain it all in good time. As for your requests being denied, I have nothing to do with that at the moment. I assume once we are in mission mode, I will be able to help you get upgrades to your current frame. I do not like to boast, but I am likely the foremost Cybernetics and Bionics doctor in the Coalition States. So I do not see any issues with you getting parts."

After talking with Drum, James looks about to see if he recognizes anyone or see's that there is assigned seating.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Perception - 64%, 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 47

Egan slips back into silence for the rest of the fitting, when his suit is ready he takes it back to his room after the Doc relays the new meeting place. -What the hell are we going to be doing in these? Working dinner...what the hell is that even about?- As the time gets close, Egan gets finished dressing and makes a slight adjustment to his tux by strapping on a sheath to his calf and sliding a vibro-knife home before letting his pant leg drop to cover it all up. "Hmm, not bad...at least I'll have something that can't be interrupted." He then slides his CP-20 into a holster in the small of his back before throwing on the jacket. With a small stop at the mirror to check his appearance, Egan heads out the door and over to the hanger to head out with the rest of the group.

On the flight into the 'dinner' Egan is still silent, not really amused by yet another dog and pony show that he believes is coming. -Why is this even happening? I'd rather be back at the ranch....- Getting off the transport, Egan keeps his eyes open as they follow their guide to where they are supposed to be. -God, I hope this goes by quick.-
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Merchant of Death » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Dinner Party
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 2030 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the area 40 miles away, but none in the facility itself.
    Location: Coalition States Undisclosed Research Facility - XRF-1138
As if on queue at 2000 hours a bell chimes, and the door leading into the formal dining room opens up. Several people direct the newly formed Revenants into the dining room. Chairs are pulled out for each soldier, heavily reinforced chairs are provided for the supernaturally strong and bulkier soldiers.

About five minutes pass when Colonel Black and two additional high ranking psi-bat officers walk in with her. Colonel Black is wearing a tight black dress, while her companions are wearing tuxes as well. "Thank you gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to Major Smith and Lieutenant Hanson."

Colonel Black sits down at the head of the table, with Major Smith to her right, and Lieutenant Hanson to her left. If the tuxes were uncomfortable for each soldier of the 40-4th, Hanson fit right in. With Hanson being uncomfortable in his clothing was something that the Colonel was slightly enjoying, she would smile every time he squirmed a little bit.

Small talk starts as the meal starts to happen. A servant walks up to everyone individually and describes a choice for their next meal option.
Meal Options
First course — hors d'oeuvre
  • Canapés à l'Amiral
  • Oysters à la Russe
  • White Bordeaux, white Burgundy or chablis (especially with oysters)
Second course — soups
  • Consommé Olga
  • Cream of barley soup
  • Madeira or sherry
Third course — fish
  • Poached Salmon with mousseline sauce
  • Dry Rhine or moselle
Fourth course — entrées
  • Filets mignon lili
  • Chicken lyonnaise
  • Vegetable marrow farci
  • Red Bordeaux
Fifth course — removes
  • Lamb with mint sauce
  • Calvados-glazed roast duckling with applesauce
  • Roast sirloin of beef forestière
  • Château potatoes
  • Minted green pea timbales
  • Creamed carrots
  • Boiled rice
  • Parmentier and boiled new potatoes
  • Red Burgundy or beaujolais
Sixth course — punch or sorbet
  • Punch romaine
Seventh course — roast
  • Roasted squab on Wilted cress
  • Red Burgundy
Eighth Course — salad
  • Asparagus salad with champagne-saffron vinaigrette
Ninth course — cold dish
  • Pâté de foie gras
  • Celery
  • Sauterne or sweet Rhine wine
Tenth course — sweets
  • Waldorf pudding
  • Peaches in chartreuse jelly
  • Chocolate Painted Eclairs with French vanilla cream
  • French Vanilla ice cream
  • Sweet dessert wines (muscatel, tokay, sauterne)
Eleventh course — dessert
  • Assorted fresh fruits and cheeses
  • Sweet dessert wines, champagne, or sparkling wine
After dinner
  • Coffee, cigars
  • Port or cordials

As the group enters their fourth course, the Colonel starts to speak in something other than pleasantries she turns her conversation to business. "Welcome Gentlemen to the 40-4th. You are now part of an elite strike team. You can think of yourselves as a Psi-Battalion Special Operations Group, but you report directly to Major Smith, who reports directly to me. And I answer to the Emperor himself. Congratulations for making it here. Many of you come from units that did not appreciate you. I've given Captain Howlett the best tools to work with. Do your jobs and he'll see to it you are rewarded appropriately."

As her conversation starts to get deep, the sound of clattering on the floor can be heard. Four distinct clacks and items sliding. Only Egan and Vecny identify the items as a threat. While everyone else consider aren't familiar with the noise or distracted with Colonel Black's words. A distinctive slight hum, before a loud explosion of light and sound, as the room starts to fill with smoke.

Effects
Actions: Egan and Vecny have 1 action prior to the explosion. Those with Sixth Sense also receive an action Let's assume Vecny is at the ass end of the table, to affect the least number of people.
Effects are cumulative:
Tear Gas: -6 Strike, Parry, Dodge, and loses chance for initiative. Saving Throw: None (Gas Masks and Artificial Lungs and Eyes counter the gas immediately. If having only one of the cybernetic implants (eye(s) or lungs), effects are halved)
Visual: -6 Strike, Parry, Dodge and disoriented for 1d4 = 4 Melee's. Saving Throw: Non-Lethal Poison (16+) for reduced effects of 1/2. Or Cybernetic Eyes with Light Filtration for no effect.
Auditory: -6 Strike, Parry Dodge, and disoriented for 1d4 = 3 Melee's. Saving Throw: Non-Lethal Poison (16+) for reduced effects of 1/2. Or Cybernetic Ears with Sound Filtration for no effect.

Note: I'm not sure how many of you have ever been in a room full of Tear Gas, but here are some notes on how to roleplay it, from someone who has experienced it. The gas burns your eyes, nose, and throat. If you are exposed long enough (approximately 15 seconds) in that confined room, you will notice that you will have snot hanging all the way to the ground. Even a brief whiff of the tear gas, will drive the most steadfast soldiers to grab for their gas masks. Mind you some soldiers can deal with higher than normal levels of tear gas, but they have been exposed over years on a continuous basis. A fun tidbit, you can die to exposure of tear gas, the irritant replaces the oxygen in your lungs (Dry Land Drowning). If two soldiers who have been exposed even 30 minutes later, can reignite the chemical effect just by sitting next to each other.

Gear Note: It doesn't look like anyone is packing any firearms or hand to hand weapons. I asked you to note any gear of note. Please note otherwise. I'll give the benefit of the doubt if you would pack weapons to a formal dinner with a Colonel.


What do you do?
Attachments
cs-mountain-base-known.png
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:57 am

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 89 (+15% visual, +25% recognize salvage, +20% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 75

Save vs Tear Gas: No Effect (cybernetic eyes, and bionic lung)
Save vs Visual: No Effect (cybernetic eyes)
Save vs Auditory 16+: 1d20 = 16 | Pass | -3 Strike/Parry/Dodge for 2 rounds


Stats
  • Head - 60 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 180 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Right Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 60 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 60 M.D.C.
Speed: 396'/action running
Weapons
Retractable Silver Plated Vibro-Blade - 2d4 M.D. (right arm)
Particle Beam Forearm Blaster - 6d6+6 M.D., 1000', 10 shots (left arm)
Concealed Ion Rod - 4d6 M.D., 2000', 10 shots (right leg)
C0-20 Laser Pistol - 2d6 M.D., 800', 21 shots (right hip)
Temporary Effects
Internal Air Supply: 2 hours
Auditory Penalty: -3 Strike/Parry/Dodge for 2/2 rounds


The pre-party:

PFC Leighton greets the three officers with salutes and "Hello Ma'am and Hello Sirs." The small talk from him is mostly, "Yes Ma'am." and "Yes, Sir." as he answers their questions.

The various courses have names for which Drum, as a burbee, had never heard of. As each plate is set down, he takes about a half a bit and stops. The alcohol he doesn't touch at all. Full combat cyborgs have typically less than 20lbs of meat left inside them, the calorie requirement is minimal. He does attempt to savor each bite, as taste and smell are two of his three remaining natural primary senses.

The party:

When the various grenades go off, Drum was in the middle of his bite of Chicken lyonnaise enjoying the texture of the sauce. His body reacts faster than his mind, as his lung filtration system detects the tear gas, it switches to it's internal air supply, and a steady slow stream of air blows out his nose and mouth clearing the irritant, but he still has to sniff a bit. The irises on his eyes contract to pin points from the flash. His ears however, are still made of flesh, the M.D.C. skull must have been able to dampen some of the sound, as it's still painful, but not incapacitating. He'd been in concerts this loud. Stay focused, watch the movement.

He stands up and scans the room and if the grenades are still emitting light or sound, he moves over and crushes them under his feet. A sigh burbles out of his lips as he looks at his tux, the inevitable thought of a combat cyborg around delicate things comes to his mind: I hope I don't have to pay for this. He reaches with his right arm and grabs the jacket wrist and pulls the left sleeve off the tux exposing the integrated forearm blaster. That done, he triggers the vibro-blade in his right arm to extend.

GM edit: As Drum goes to pull of the sleeve, he realizes there is a imperceptible panel which flops open to allow the weapon to deploy, and there is a slit that falls open when he activates his vibroblade. He'd seen some integration diagnostics when they were putting it on, but it didn't even occur to him that the suits were more than simple armored suits. Part of the fitting had obviously been syncing them to their wearer's needs.

Well how about that, Drum thinks as he sees that the tux truly has been tailored to him. Seems kind of a waste unless it can actually take a hit or two. Now, how to avoiding find out?


APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 6
  1. React to grenades
  2. Stand Up
  3. Move to Grenade and stomp it (if necessary) Strike: 1d20+4 = 5, Damage 1d3 = 3 M.D. (Penalty to Strike Included)
  4. Move to Grenade and stomp it (if necessary) Strike: 1d20+4 = 15, Damage 1d3 = 1 M.D. (Penalty to Strike Included)
  5. Examine Tux

Contingency Dodges/Parries (+7/+6) 5d20:
13, 2, 18, 12, 14
(Penalty to Defend Included)
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:21 pm

Perception 26% -- 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 61

South Side of the Table
1d4 = 3
Even - North | Odd - South


[One One Thousand] Vecny yells loud, "Grenades. Grenades. Grenades".

[Two One Thousand] Vecny was not sitting with his chair pulled in and so he is able to get from his seat and on top of the table.

[Three One Thousand] Vecny makes it to the north door with his left hand on the handle and his right arm covering the top of his head and his ears. Hopefully he got his head onto the the door before things went boom.

Tear Gas: -3 Parry, Strike, Dodge (Cyber Lungs)
Visual: 16+ --1d20 = 18 -6 Strike, Parry, Dodge and disoriented for 1d4 = 4 Melee's
Auditory: 16+ -- 1d20 = 20 -3 Strike, Parry Dodge, and disoriented for 1d4 = 3 Melee's (Cyber Ears w/ Sound Filtration)
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Perception 1d100 = 15/64
JIC 1d20 = 14
JIC 1d100 = 48

Skills
    Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 86/114%
    Military Tactics 1d100 = 38/94%
    Intelligence 1d100 = 20/68%


As the table fills out Snoopy finds a place close enough he can hear what the command types are discussing. He also wants to listen to what the enlisted folks are discussing. He settles for the middle of the table. Before he sits down, he does wrap up the conversation with Vecny, "I don't know about you, Vecny, but that sounds like one of the best psychic abilities out there. If you need any help, let me know."

Once seated, Snoopy participates in the conversation with the smallest amount of reluctance. Something about the opulence of this situation actually is irritating him. The "brass" have thrown this lavish party, but what need does it all server? This isn't a medal or promotion ceremony where the pomp and circumstance is up beat and filled with tradition. He rolls it all around in his mind. What's the point? This isn't for fun, this is just for showing off. I don't like it. He feels somewhere in the deep recesses of his mind the dragon smile.

It's even more complicated since Snoopy actually finds all this stuff fun. He tries to be a rational thinker for most aspects of his life (love and Into the Flames clearly defy all logic), especially while on duty. Thinking about the whys and the what fors cause his alertness to drop a little bit. He is actually starting to think there must be some elaborate conspiracy going, that they know about the magic healing, that they know he's tainted! Now the dragon is laughing at him. Snoopy sneers.

So he is totally unprepared when the grenades go off.

He's also not prepared for his new lungs to take over and lock down his breathing. The taste of the gas is foul, and the snot still drips from his nose. Not breathing the air doesn't mean his mucus glands are sealed off. His eyes aren't sealed either, so they burn like hell. He squinches them up instinctively, what ever training he had either working instinctively or not at all. The flash of the flash bang makes him reach up to ineffectively shield his eyes. Thankfully his ears were protected, so only his most primary sense is offline. Could be worse.

He struggles to comprehend what's going on with only his ears to guide him. He pulls the laser pistol from the concealed holster but immediately transfers it to his left hand. He takes the vibro-knife in his dominate hand and crouches into a knife fighting stance.

He listens for movement and any foreign sounds, like armored boots or more gunfire. He knows there are several exits to this room. From the middle of the table he could see the kitchen door and the door to the west. His back was to the north door, the one they entered through. He places his back against the wall and focuses on his optic implant, he wants to see if he caught which door where the grenades came from, maybe even a glimpse of who threw them.

Examining the grenades themselves is not an option. But the tactics behind such an attack should be discernible. Non lethal, but very strong attacks, that's the first clue. Second clue is that someone targets this remote location. Third clue, at least to Snoopy, is the high level of ornamentation of this dinner. Someone is trying hard to make this look legit. Without a door to watch, Snoopy decides to head for the kitchen, there should be less gas in there. "Sir," Snoopy begins, the only other "sir" on the 40-4 radio net is Howlett, so no need for further clarification. "I can't see worth anything in here. I'm making my way to the kitchen."

He may be half blind, but he's not going to stand around thinking. He can think as he moves. As he scuttles across the floor, another terrible idea hits him. What if they are already in the room? On the squad network he says, "Watch for anyone not affected by the grenades. They may be a suspect."

When he reaches the kitchen door, he tries to open it by hand. Then he tries the key pad or any other access mechanism. Then he tries to recall who in the room had let them in, who he had seen come and go. He doesn't need to see to use his memory. If he knows the name of a person with access he will call out with whatever level of politeness is required to get them over to open the damn door. He really doesn't want to be trapped in here, who knows what's next on the menu.

Conditions
Conditions:
    Tear Gas -3 to strike, parry, dodge (artificial lungs)
    Visual: Save: 1d20 = 16/16 -3 to strike, parry, dodge for 4 melees.
    Auido: No effect (sound filter)


Conditional Combat
Combat Summary:
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11
Attacks per Melee: 7

Actions:
1. Put back against wall, draw weapons (using them as paired melee weapons, not as a firearm)
2. Review footage
3. Radio Howlett
4. Radio Team
5. Move to Kitchen Door
6. Open door/observe kitchen
7. Enter kitchen

Parries:
1. 1d20+3 = 19 -3
2. 1d20+3 = 8 -3
3. 1d20+3 = 23 -3
4. 1d20+3 = 20 -3
5. 1d20+3 = 11 -3
6. 1d20+3 = 15 -3
7. 1d20+3 = 6 -3
8. 1d20+3 = 5 -3
9. 1d20+3 = 6 -3
10. 1d20+3 = 8 -3
11. 1d20+3 = 7 -3
12. 1d20+3 = 10 -3
13. 1d20+3 = 23 -3
14. 1d20+3 = 4 -3

Roll with:
1. 1d20+3 = 12
2. 1d20+3 = 15
3. 1d20+3 = 21
4. 1d20+3 = 5
5. 1d20+3 = 13
6. 1d20+3 = 23
7. 1d20+3 = 14
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Mane » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Perception (28% bar): 1d100+10 = 97; +25% on IFF Check (60% bar)
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 6


As the multi-course dinner was served one entree and dish at a time, Mane began to enjoy himself. He had taken up a seat in the back of the room. With Caesar not there anymore, the mutant cat found himself at table of his own. However, segregated seating did have its up-side; everything placed before him was his alone to enjoy!

Mane alternated his courses between the fish dishes and the wines. Fish, wine, fish, wine, and so forth to his heart's content.

As much as the hulking cat enjoyed himself, he could not get entirely comfortable. At the far end of the room was a woman of great power he had the distinguished honor to almost meet once 6 months ago. Colonel Black's face was one he would never forget as he watched his boss hobnob with the women of power at that dinner so many months back from afar. At the time Mane was almost jealous of Howlett's privilege to mingle with the likes of her.... almost. Seeing the other people who attended that dinner and awards ceremony, Mane knew good and well that sometimes it was best not to be noticed by the powerful Elite. Just the same, today, Black appeared to be reasonably lovely today, and it was a privilege to be in her presence once more. Even if from afar.

Suddenly, though, as the tear gas grenades careened through the room, loosing their foul repugnant chemicals, Mane instantly recognized them for what they were. Having just finished with the ISS SWAT teams in The Burbs for his Close Quarters Combat Advanced Training, Mane became well-acquainted with their weapons and tactics, this one especially.

Mane's first instinct was to go for his gun... Then he realized he didn't pack any such thing, even though the tuxedo given to him could accommodate one. The tear gas quickly filled the room and began to sting his eye, throat, and nose, and burned his lungs!

Merchant of Death wrote:Effects--
Tear Gas: -6 Strike, Parry, Dodge, and loses chance for initiative. Saving Throw: None (Gas Masks and Artificial Lungs and Eyes counter the gas immediately. If having only one of the cybernetic implants (eye(s) or lungs), effects are halved)

Visual: -6 Strike, Parry, Dodge and disoriented for 15 Melee's. Saving Throw: Non-Lethal Poison (16+) for reduced effects of 1/2. Or Cybernetic Eyes with Light Filtration for no effect.

Auditory: -6 Strike, Parry Dodge, and disoriented for 14 Melee's. Saving Throw: Non-Lethal Poison (16+) for reduced effects of 1/2. Or Cybernetic Ears with Sound Filtration for no effect.


Rolls
Tear Gas: No Save; effects halved (1/2) for possessing one bionic eye.

Visual: No roll needed. Light filtration in bioic eye negates penalties.
SUCCESS

Auditory: No roll needed. Cybernetics protecting ears negates penalties.
SUCCESS

Standard Perception Check with Identification Friend or Foe AT Ability: (see roll above as usual)
UBER SUCCESS!! I AM ODIN THE ALL-FATHER IN HIS ALL-SEEING THRONE!!

Detect Ambush (to decern most probable directions of attack; 98% base): 1d100 = 86
SUCCESS

Detect Concealment (to examine the wait-staff to determine if someone has something they shouldn't; 80% base): 1d100 = 73
SUCCESS

Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 78
FAIL

Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 7
SUCCESS

Kitty Hearing Sensory Suite:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 10 -- SUCCESS
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 71 -- SUCCESS
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 7 -- SUCCESS


Conditions: Half affected by the Tear Gas (-3 Strike, Parry, & Dodge; Initiative penalty: unclear).

Recognizing that they were under attack, and that the top brass in attendance were most likely the targets, Mane burst from behind his table, flinging out of his way like it were made out of cardboard.

From his fingers sprung his black steel rending claws, ready to unleash Unholy amounts of carnage, and damage, and bloodletting. Able to see from his one bionic eye, and with his new auditory cybernetics protecting his earring, Mane sized up his environment taking inventory of who needed to live and who needed to die.

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"I can't see worth anything in here. I'm making my way to the kitchen." ... "Watch for anyone not affected by the grenades. They may be a suspect."


"Copy good!" Mane replied over the encoded channel, making good use of the radio in his cybernetic ear implants. "I'll cover Black. No one's laying a finger on her.

Like a rocket-propelled freight train, Mane made a full on sprint towards where Colonel Black was sitting. Despite the stinging tears pouring from his one fleshy eye, and the copious amounts of snot running from his nose, the battle hardened lion moved to position himself best befitting to protect and defend the top-brass officer.

"Colonel! Behind me!" Mane said proclaiming his 'human'-shield status.

Contingency Plan: Anyone who gets near Black gets a double dose of the claws! Mane will go full offense, going paired weapons with his natural claws, depending entirely on his Auto Dodge and paper-thin tux armor for defense. He will only allow those he recognizes as propper security to get past to her, and even then he's not leaving her side or trusting them completely.

Combat Rolls
APM (melee): 8

Attack 1) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 21; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 19; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 24 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 30 M.D.

Attack 2) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 24; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 13; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 38 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 39 M.D.

Attack 3) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 22; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 24; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 34 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 38 M.D.

Attack 4) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 17; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 25; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 36 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 41 M.D.

Attack 5) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 24; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 14; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 35 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 41 M.D.

Attack 6) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 27; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 24; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 28 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 36 M.D.

Attack 7) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 22; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 24; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 37 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 35 M.D.

Attack 8) Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 17; Claw Hit: 1d20+9 = 27; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 31 M.D.; Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 36 M.D.

Offensive Note: Damn it! I forgot to include the -3 to strike penalty in my rolls! Please factor accordingly.

Defensive Auto-Dodge Roll Pool (each has a +3 bonus and a -3 penalty; it's a wash):
24d20:
3, 20, 3, 13, 2, 6, 19, 1, 12, 2, 10, 2, 1, 8, 14, 3, 14, 16, 14, 11, 10, 12, 11, 14
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby James Howlett » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 69
Conditions: Tear Gas and Flash bangs: (Cyber lungs/Oxygen Storage Cell, 1 Multi-Optic Eye, Sound filtration) (-3 to Strike/Parry/Dodge, loss of Initiative.)

James finds his seat and looks to the first course, with a sigh. Going to be approximately a million calories in this meal would be my guess. James thinks as he reaches for the small appetizer like hors d'oeuvre. James is surprisingly jovial in his conversation, chatting with whomever he is seated with. Once the first course is finished James looks to the next course. James is sure that the soup he's about to eat cost more than he makes a month, and it doesn't bother him one bit. James continues being friendly to his companions, but his mind begins to wander at the reasoning for the gathering and it's location. When the third course arrives, James smiles a little. I do like fish. James thinks as he enjoys the Salmon with sauce. James begins to worry when the forth course arrives and no end of food seems to be in sight.

The explosions startle James, but it is to be expected when explosives start detonating during the middle of your dinner. James' one organic eye waters and he is forced to close it before he begins to take stock. Flash Bangs and Tear Gas, standard breaching style tactic. Likely either an assassination or a kidnap attempt... but why and how in a secure Coalition Base. James mind speeds through as he gets up and knocks his chair aside.

Snoopy wrote:"Sir," Snoopy begins, the only other "sir" on the 40-4 radio net is Howlett, so no need for further clarification. "I can't see worth anything in here. I'm making my way to the kitchen."


James reacts. "Leighton, deal with the grenades. Mane cover Colonel Black and Major Smith. Vecny Secure the door to the Reception hall. Someone find me a target so I can hit him repeatedly." James speaks over the team channel as he moves towards the other door in the room that he didn't specifically mention. James mentally queues his Neural Mace into his hand and unholsters his CP-20 from inside his tux. Once James reaches the door he shoulders next to it and listens.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 18
Number of Attacks: 7 (8 if he has his second set of arms)

Action One-Five: Move and Radio Team.
Action Six: Get Weapons out.
Action Seven: Post at door and listen for trouble on the other side.

Parries as needed (W/ Neural Mace): 1d20+9 = 18, 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 13, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 15.
Dodge ranged attacks: 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 21, 1d20+11 = 26.
Roll W/: 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 22, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 14, 1d20+7 = 21, 1d20+7 = 27.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Perception - 64%, 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 4

Saves
Save vs Tear: 1d20 = 4 +5 = 9 Nevermind - Tear Gas: -3 Strike, Parry, Dodge, and loses chance for initiative. Saving Throw: None (Gas Masks and Artificial Lungs and Eyes counter the gas immediately. If having only one of the cybernetic implants (eye(s) or lungs), effects are halved)
Save vs Flash: 1d20 = 11 +5 = 16 - Visual: -3 Strike, Parry, Dodge and disoriented for 1d4 = 4 Melee's.
Save vs Sound: 1d20 = 2 +5 = 7 - Auditory: -6 Strike, Parry Dodge, and disoriented for 1d4 = 3 Melee's.


Upon entering the room with the rest of the squad, Egan is confused when he sees nothing but a single table setup in the middle of the room with place settings already laid out. -Wait, so we're not the security....we're the guests?- Egan is polite but reserved with his chit-chat only giving slightly longer answers if directly asked a question or a comment is made directly towards him. The meal on the other hand has his attention. Through each course, Egan attempts to pick out the seasonings used, making mental notes to try and remember to use that combination next time or in what way he could possibly improve upon the dish. -Wow, like i'm going to be able to cook like this when out in the field....Man, these past months have really made me soft.- It was after Black's more serious welcome to Psi-Bat, and about a third of the way through his excellently prepared Filet Mignon that he felt it, that sinking feeling in his gut that imminent danger was at hand. His voice was cold business as he put the bite on its way to his mouth back down and announced; "Somethings wrong." seconds before the skittering of grenades reached his ears.

APM: 7
Free Action 1a- Try to bubble all the grenades by themselves without catching anyone else inside with them.- Strike/Parry: 1d20 = 9 - Telekinetic Force Field -30 ISP (can be sized 3' to 90')
Actions 2a-7a - Readying his pistol and moving to secure the kitchen with Snoopy
-Contingency-
Free Action 1b- If he can't catch them all, or if someone would be caught inside the bubble with them he will instead mentally push them into the corner between the doors to reception (the farthest point he can get them from everyone else) - Telekinesis (super) -10 ISP
Actions 2b-7b - Readying his pistol and moving to secure the kitchen with Snoopy
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 am

Perception and Skills
Military Etiquette (Conceal and carry if successful) 35%: 1d100 = 70
Perception 21%, +15% if electronics or machines: 1d100 = 15
JiC1d100 = 18
JiC1d20 = 13

Saves
Tear Gas: No Save, no equipment to mitigate
Visual: 1d20 = 1
Auditory: Sound Filtration - No effect
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
User avatar
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Vecny with his head on the door, has no real way to communicate with the Captain that he heard him, with out having just gobs of snot and flem erupting from his insides. Rather gross really.

With his head resting on the door, he places his right hand on the control panel, that he has no card access to. A silent surge of psychic energy passes from Vecny to the control panel and finds himself literally within the wiring to the door panel.

Stopping momentarily to ask direction of the electrical current, Vecny races off to find the video cameras of the area and possibly seal off secondary exits, all of which would take mere seconds for Vecny to locate and maybe a few more seconds to relay.

Telemechanics
  • ISP 10 -- 146/159
  • Chance of Success 88% -- 1d100 = 18


As quickly as information is relayed to him and he is in turn able to vocalize the details over the team freq, he do so. Vecny will continue to remain in over watch position until told to do otherwise.
Last edited by Vecny on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:35 pm

[Rolls carried over...]

"Good initiative Mane, that had just occurred to me too. Stick to her like...well, make sure she's safe." Snoopy subvocalizes over the net. "If your half functional like I am, see about the doors, I don't like the idea of being trapped. If you can see and shoot find any bad guys and neutralize them. Everyone but Black is a suspect right now. Everyone give me your status" he follows up to the rest.

[Damn! I was driving home thought, Mane should guard the VIP! And here I find that he is!]


Death Speech
"Errghh, wished I'd died flying, but at least it was on duty...uggggghhhhhh.....Team Trent forever!"
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Merchant of Death » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Dinner Party
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 2030 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the area 40 miles away, but none in the facility itself.
    Location: Coalition States Undisclosed Research Facility - XRF-1138

Egan and Vecny are the first to act. Hairs on the back of Egan's neck stand up, as he starts to look around to see what is going on. Vecny watches as a grenade scatters on the ground past him.

Egan is quick and quickly utilizes his new psychic power to encapsulate one of the tear gas grenades. With a quick pop, the force field surrounds the tear gas grenade. While Vecny starts to warn everyone, "Grenades. Grenades. Grenades!", scrambles out of his chair and lands on the ground covering his head with his arms and hands. Just like they trained him to do in CS Boot Camp.

The gas pours out of the grenade in a thick white and mustard yellow smoke. But the smoke is encapsulated by the forcefield. In the rest of the area, bright lights and a loud bangs echo within the room.

The room starts to fill up with smoke fast from the second tear gas grenade. Howlett even though he was caught completely unaware was the first to react. He stands up, and his cybernetic lungs kick in, feeding him fresh oxygen. His eyes and nose might itch, but they aren't watering uncontrollably enough for him to be anything more than uncomfortable. That's when the shots rang out, an automatic burst and blood splatters across the Captain of the CS 40-4th's face and tux. Looking to his left, he watches Major Smith laying on the floor in a massive pool of his own blood, eyes glossed over.

Leighton stands up in a rather robotic fashion. His movements aren't as fluid as his original meat body was. But he walks over to where one of the flash bangs was still slightly strobing and crushes it under his foot. As he turns to look around a burst of gunfire hits him, causing his spin on the grenade to be a bit too much. His body started to topple faster than his internal gyroscope can handle, with his outstretched hands, he hits the dining table hard. His hands crunching the wood where it stops him.

Vecny gets up from his position on the ground and runs over to the nearest door control panel (GM Note: West). He cranks up his telemechanic psychic power, the electrons and currents show that this door is tied directly into a closed security system that only has access to the doors of the building. As he reaches out a bit more, he can tell that the door security system, is probably a tell tale sign of the video security system is designed similarly, and it probably goes back to the same location, a server room or control facility. What is strange is that this door has been powered down, and it's slightly opened. Then it occurs to him why as gunfire erupts from the slight opening... (GM Note: This is the gunfire that hits Leighton)

Mane stands up and leaps to protect the Colonel Black. He gets in front of her, a familiar whine of a Neural Mace is heard, then the twinge of pain as energy as Mane gets hit in the side. It felt like a sucker punch and it was for all intent and purpose. Turning around Mane goes full offensive with his claws, as he finds one of the waiters swinging a neural mace at his head once again. Mane parries the second attack that came in on him, but was unsuccessful to block the third. The waiter was moving lightning fast, as if he was a blur in Mane's cybernetic eye.
Mane Status
Mane was rendered unconscious for 2d4 = 7 Melee's. When he does wake up, he will be -8 to Strike, Parry, Dodge for an additional 2d4 = 7 Melee's

Toretto was caught completely surprised by the grenades, even with that he has the sound of mind to get his back to the wall, and pull out his weapons. Crouching back he tries to identify friend from foe with his knife and pistol out. As he barks out orders and heads towards the kitchen where the fresh air is. That is when he see's Mane goes down to an unbelievably quick waiter. Another waiter wearing a gas mask has Colonel Black at gunpoint forcing her into the kitchen. She struggles at first, when the man pistol whips her, and forces her through the door. The loud sound of Leighton dropping onto the table causes him to turn to see another waiter in a gas mask smacking Lieutenant Hanson upside the head with a Neural Mace. The Lieutenant drops like a sack of potato's.

As Snoopy watches it all, he goes through his tactics, and starts to understand what is happening. Hit the room hard and fast, grab the target and escape. But the question is, what do they need the Colonel for, and where are they going with her.

Egan is the last to react, and should be elated that he was able to capture one of the two tear gas grenades with his telekenetic force bubble, but a second grenade was pouring out smoke. Within seconds the room practically filled completely with white and yellow mustard like smoke. Quickly he moves to protect the Colonel along with Mane, when he watches the big burly Mutant Cat goes down, the Cyborg Leighton trips and falls onto the table. And he watches two soldiers in full body armor help three waiters bring Colonel Black into the kitchen.

Butcher's Bill:
Mane: Unconscious at the head of the table


GM Notes from Chat:
All Penalties are Cumulative
Tear Gas
Tear Gas: If you have one cybernetic eye and lungs you are not affected. If you have only one of these two cybernetics, you are being affected but at half (-3 to Strike, Parry, Dodge, and Lose Initiative). If you do not have either a cybernetic eye and lung, you are 100% affected, and suffer -6 to Strike, Parry, Dodge, and Lose Initiative.

Flash Bang
Flash Bang - Visual: If you have one cybernetic eye with light filtration, you are not affected. Otherwise you must make a save for Non-Lethal Poison (16+) to reduce effects by 1/2 (-3 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge). Full effects are -6 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge
Flash Bang - Auditory: If you have one cybernetic ear with sound filtration, you are not affected. Otherwise you must make a save for Non-Lethal Poison (16+) to reduce effects by 1/2 (-3 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge). Full effects are -6 to Strike, Parry, and Dodge

Base Information:
    North: Top of Map is North
    Doors: Most Doors have both Electronic Locks and Mechanical Locks. Mechanical Lock doors are mainly for quarters. The ones with Electronic Locks require some sort of 'Electronic Key'. This key is based on Dog Tags with an RFID chip encoded into it. The heavier doors (All the external and larger width doors), have an electronic assist to the door. Otherwise it will require a normal strength of 30 to open small doors and a Robotic Strength of 40 for the larger types.
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 2 (+15% visual, +25% recognize salvage, +20% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 70

Stats
  • Head - 60 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 180 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Right Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 60 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 60 M.D.C.
Speed: 396'/action running
Weapons
Retractable Silver Plated Vibro-Blade - 2d4 M.D. (right arm)
Particle Beam Forearm Blaster - 6d6+6 M.D., 1000', 10 shots (left arm)
Concealed Ion Rod - 4d6 M.D., 2000', 10 shots (right leg)
C0-20 Laser Pistol - 2d6 M.D., 800', 21 shots (right hip)
Temporary Effects
Internal Air Supply: 2 hours
Tear Gas: No Effect
Visual Penalty: No Effect
Auditory Penalty: -3 Strike/Parry/Dodge for 2/2 rounds


Sense of Touch: 35% to 55% vs 1d100 = 3 | Pass | Sense impact of SDC bullets
Back Flip 79% vs 1d100 = 21 | Pass | Flip back on this feet.

Intimidate 30% vs 1d100 = 36 |Fail - so close, maybe a bonus to intimidate for being menacing? |Intimidate Waiter taking Colonel Black

Drum feels the tinkle of something hit in the back as he loses his balance, Okay, if they've ruined this suit by shooting holes in it, I am going to be pissed. The thought changes quickly from anger to surprise, Oh sh%t! as he loses his balance.

What do they say about first impressions? The cyborg thinks as he finds himself on the back. As a cyborg he is both more and less than human. One thing that can be said for the CS rehabilitation program, they drilled him endless on how his new body works. Drum activates his Thermal Imaging vision to see through the smoke, he looks around and then using his arms as levers, kicks offs with his feet flipping himself back up. The bionic body lifts off the floor and flips him back on to his feet.

If he sees Colonel Black being pulled into the kitchen he heads towards her and engages her captor. I really need some non-lethal weapons, he thinks. He tries to intimidate the 'waiter', "I was considering leaving a tip, but instead I'll give you the whole blade."

If the 'waiter' is just pushing the Colonel forward, Drum goes for a straight forward strike with his vibroblade. If he has her in his grip, he attempts to entangle his weapon arm and pull him off her. If he gets the grab, he attempts to pull off the gas mask to disable his opponent if the tear gas is around them.

If he doesn't see the Colonel's abduction, he engages the nearest waiter with lethal force.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16
  1. Back Flip to Feet
  2. Move to engage a waiter, extend vibroblade
  3. Entangle or Strike with Vibro Blade 1d20 = 18 (+4 Grab/+6 Sword; No Damage for Grab/Vibro Blade: Damage: 2d4 = 2 M.D. (Penalty to Attack Included)
  4. Entangle or Strike with Vibro Blade 1d20 = 1 (+4 Grab/+6 Sword; No Damage for Grab/Vibro Blade: Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. (Penalty to Attack Included)
  5. Entangle or Strike with Vibro Blade 1d20 = 14 (+4 Grab/+6 Sword; No Damage for Grab/Vibro Blade: Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. (Penalty to Attack Included)


Contingency Dodge/Parries (+7/+6) 5d20:
8, 13, 14, 3, 16
(Penalty to Defend Included)
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Mane » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:25 pm

{{{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}}

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"If your half functional like I am, see about the doors, I don't like the idea of being trapped. If you can see and shoot find any bad guys and neutralize them. Everyone but Black is a suspect right now. Everyone give me your status" he follows up to the rest.


"Don't worry about the doors trapping us in ..." Mane replied over the secure channel. "... I can get us through any door fast!"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Mane felt a bolt of lightning shoot through his body, stunning him for a moment. He turned to see a waiter with a gas mask and a neural mace. The cat cursed himself for not seeing him earlier. How the hell did he hide that mace in such a tiny suit? he thought to himself.

"You die!" the murder cat said as rage and visions of blood and slaughter began to fill his mind. Just as suddenly as his killer instincts kicked in, unnatural foreign thoughts of peace, love, rainbows, and unicorns invaded his mind. NO!!! Not now you stupid brain implant!!! he mentally screamed at the manipulative cybernetic instrument in his head.

As Mane wrestled with his own mind, the waiter invader struck him again with the debilitating neural mace. In response Mane's furious, steel-rending claw attacks where rendered positively impotent. The hulking cat could see how unbelievably fast the waiter was making him think this had to be a Juicer. But unlike the one he murdered in single combat in the lab, this time it was far from a fair fight.

Another swing from the neural mace, and this time Mane parried the strike before it could land home. With an opening the cat reached out with his claws and tried to gain the advantage. Unfortunately between the quickness of the juicer, the tear gas in hia face, and the electricity ravaging his own nervous system, he connected with nothing but air.

To make matters worse, again the peace-loving implant in his head whispered a suggestion into his ear, translating to the alien thoughts that intruded upon his mind. All this violence is counterproductive. We should just hug it out! Mane shook his head in a vain attempt to banish the hippy that took residence in his brain, squatting on the real estate his warrior spirit normall called home.

By the time Mane got his head screwed on straight, his fight was already all screwed up. The juicer's neural mace tagged him once again, and then everything started to spin. Before he knew it, the floor was racing up to meet his face.

Before the black embrace of unconsciousness consumed him, Mane reached up towards the juicer and said his parting words. "... make love ... not war... However, his last thoughts were, Fuck you, hippy... I will strangle you to death with your string of love-beads.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby James Howlett » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 51
Conditions: None.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+6 = 21
Number of Attacks: 8

Action One: Fire on Targets near Vecny with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 16; Damage: 2d6 = 4 M.D.)
Action Two: Fire on Targets near Vecny with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 26; Damage: 2d6 = 2 M.D.)
Action Three: Move towards Kitchen.
Action Four: Fire on Targets near Snoopy with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 14; Damage: 2d6 = 9 M.D.) or open the door.
Action Five: Fire on Targets near Snoopy with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 2d6 = 8 M.D.) or open the door.
Action Six: Fire on Targets near Snoopy with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 22; Damage: 2d6 = 2 M.D.) or open the door.
Action Seven: Fire on Targets near Snoopy with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 2d6 = 10 M.D.) or open the door.
Action Eight: Fire on Targets near Snoopy with C-20 Laser Pistol. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 21; Damage: 2d6 = 5 M.D.) or open the door.

Parries as needed (With Neural Mace): 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 29, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 25, 1d20+9 = 13.
Dodges if Tuxedo armor is reduced to zero: 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 17, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 25.
Roll w/: 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 18, 1d20+7 = 11, 1d20+7 = 10.

Contingency:
If James doesn't have a shot he makes the best possible haste to get through the door possible.
James also switches to Neural Mace it something gets too close.
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 15; Damage: 2d6+9 = 16 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 10; Damage: 2d6+9 = 20 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 12; Damage: 2d6+9 = 19 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 12; Damage: 2d6+9 = 18 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 23; Damage: 2d6+9 = 13 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 18; Damage: 2d6+9 = 11 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 18; Damage: 2d6+9 = 19 S.D.C.)
(Strike: 1d20+4 = 20; Damage: 2d6+9 = 19 S.D.C.)


++Combat.exe Initiated++
++Registering targets.... Gunman to the left, Kidnappers to the right.++
++Plotting targeting solutions... linking with cyberware package.++


James' German built Combat computer begins running a small HUD unobtrusive in the corner of James' vision. It's not wrong, it begins plotting the best possible shots to disable the invaders. Where was security in this. James briefly thinks as his gun point towards the gunman near Vecny and fires off two quick shots before continuing his run towards the kitchen and Lieutenant Colonel Carol Black. James makes a few more shots if they present themselves or blindly opens the door to the kitchen so that he can continue to try and save his commanding officer. Disable or Dismantle intruders, cover the fallen. Moving to retake the Colonel."[/b]
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Perception 1d100 = 44/64
JIC 1d20 = 8
JIC 1d100 = 36

Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 18/85%
Military Tactics 1d100 = 34/75%
Intelligence 1d100 = 49/52%




"Shit! Shit!" Snoopy curses, louder than normal. The doors aren't responding, but the colonel is down. Mane is down. "Shit, shit, shit!"

He still can't see worth crap. But enough, hopefully. He launches himself off the ground and attempts to tackle the Colonel, knocking her out of the attackers hands. If he misses, he doesn't try that move again but continues to run interference, trying directly to disarm the notorious waiter of the neural mace.



Initiative 1d20+2 = 14

Combat Summary:
Attacks per Melee: 7

Actions:
1-2. Leap attack? Body Block? Colonel Black: 1d20-3 = 3 (at least it wasn't a 1!); Damage: none
3. Disarm Neural Mace: 1d20+1 = 19; Damage: none - FWIW Critical Strike
4. Disarm Neural Mace: 1d20+1 = 13; Damage: none
5. Disarm Neural Mace: 1d20+1 = 18; Damage: none - FWIW Critical Strike
6. Dodge 1d20+1 = 18
7. Dodge 1d20+1 = 5
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:38 am

Standard Rolls
Perception 21%, +15% if electronics or machines: 1d100 = 67
JiC1d100 = 9
JiC1d20 = 4

Thick noxious smoke and burning light force Lyndon to struggles to make sense of the chaotic scene around him. Stumbling away from the table he slowly begins to piece together the frantic movements around him, though they are still indistinct thanks to snot, tears, and a persistent after image of the table at the time of the strike. He didn’t hear the hum of the active neural maces, but the sharp biting crack they made when discharging during a strike was extremely familiar to him.

Tapping into his inner reserve of power he psionically insulates himself from the powerful shocks and heads for the source of the electrical discharge with the best speed he can manage. While closing the distance he focuses on the mind of the waiter currently dragging Colonel Black scanning his surface thoughts (alternatively one of the other waiters, or armored attackers if he is out of range). As the two armored soldiers join the waiters Lyndon realizes they’re going to pose a significant threat. With the tear gas still swirling around them he reaches out to the armor, sensing the computer controlling the environmental systems he seizes control of it and shuts off the air recirc system, cancelling the air purge and independent oxygen supply* of each. With their next breath they find themselves suddenly sucking in the same gas as him.

Combat Actions
APM: 6
1: Electrokinesis (Electrical Resistance) 4 ISP
2: Telepathy 4 ISP
3: Telemechanic Mental Operation 12 ISP
4: Telemechanic Mental Operation 12 ISP
5: Lost due to Telemechanic Mental Operation
6: Lost due to Telemechanic Mental Operation

-32 ISP

*I’m not sure if doing this would bypass the gas filters in EBA or not (or if they’re even in the gas cloud), but Lyndon would know. If not these are my other ideas for limiting their effectiveness.
  • 1-Presuming the auto tint in the armor is set up to protect against things like flash bangs he’ll crank it to max setting to effectively blind them.
  • 2-If the tint won’t blind them then he’ll disengage their visors if that is computer controlled.
  • 3-If that isn’t possible either, he’ll engage them in HtH if possible, focusing on disarming them/recovering a weapon instead of Telemechanics.

I’m not sure if each armor function would take an attack or not. If he can multitask more he’ll try for both the air recirc and tint.
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
User avatar
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:49 am

Vecny is confused. Doors he has found, where are the controls for ventilation.

He allows himself to 'walk' a little further looking for signs of ventilation control.

If he has control of the kitchen door, he tries to keep it shut.

If the gunman has his arm extended through the door, he will attempt to close the door on his extended forearm.

(I do not have access to die rollers from my tablet.)
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Perception - 64%, 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 34

Egan's ears are ringing, his nose is running and burning as snot flows out of it, his body trying desperately to purge the toxic gas. Realizing that staying inside this room was not an option for him or the wounded, he hoists up the hulking battle cat across his shoulders and slowly makes his way towards the kitchen door, following the kidnappers path towards fresh air and Black. As he gets to the door, He mentally lifts the Major and floats him over to the door.

Actions
APM: 7
Action 1 - Lift Mane
Action 2-5 - Moving towards the kitchen door
Action 6-7 - Activating Telekinesis and moving the Major

Parries if needed: 1d20+1 = 10,1d20+1 = 3,1d20+1 = 8,1d20+1 = 8,1d20+1 = 19,1d20+1 = 9,1d20+1 = 12
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Merchant of Death » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:49 pm

Dinner Party
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 2030 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the area 40 miles away, but none in the facility itself.
    Location: Coalition States Undisclosed Research Facility - XRF-1138

GM Note: It appears I didn't describe the situation as clearly as I'd hoped. Here is a map of where folks are at the end of the last combat round
CombatRound1.JPG

Pictures of Named characters. G's are Goons in Armor. W's are Waiters. J is Juicer in Waiter outfit. Mane and Hanson have Zzz's on them for being unconscious. Smith has a Red X denoting he's dead.

Howlett is cool and collected, he aims at the far side of the room and starts to fire at the slit in the door. Two quick shots, then he busts through the door to the kitchen. One of the shots hits the door, while one goes through the slit. Changing his angle he starts to fire at the two insurgents in armor leading the Colonel away. Two shots hit true, but they shrug off the damage from the laser pistol fairly easily as they make their way to the next door, using the kitchen facilities as makeshift obstacles.

Egan gathers his wits around him, and realizes that the only way to get a clear head is to get into a clear room. And if there is anything to be had, they would need to follow those who took the Colonel. Of course, the best weapon to go against them is Mane, and the unconscious mutant cat should go with. He moves around the table and hefts the Mutant cat up and gets to the door. He watches as Howlett fires across the room and then bursts through into the hall and starts to fire down it. He looks back and picks up the Lieutenant Hanson and drags him out of the smoke filled room. GM Note:I am assuming you want to save the known live soldier, not the one that splattered blood all over Howlett. If that is not the case, say so, and I'll change the icons in the next GM Post.

Leighton is like a bull in a china shop. After a quick quip he heads down the kitchen to follow after the Colonel. His weapon arm has engaged and out comes a Vibro-Blade. The faint hum of the electronic ginsu weaponry is met with parries from the Neuro Mace. Leighton's entangle maneuver's have been met with parries and grunts.

Snoopy curses as battle rages on around him. His reflexes try to kick in, but the cloud of smoke is dulling his reaction. He tries to go after the colonel as his fellow compatriots leave the dining room. He is elated as the air starts to clear, and his lungs are not nearly on fire as they once were. But his reactions are a bit slow to add into the combat.

Jericho is there, watches the combat unfold and is slow to react. His lungs filling with irritants as he reaches out with his mind to see if he can read one of the perpetrators thoughts . ... Frak! The Borg! Whoah, he's strong... The goon's thoughts seem to be a bit jumbled, but he is in the middle of hand to hand combat with a Cyborg after all. ... Need to get to... The goon's thoughts are tough to read. That is when Jericho makes it tough to fight as well, and turns off the Body Armor's internal electronics. GM Note: It doesn't make sense to me to be able to only shut down the oxygen system. But instead causing the whole suits electronic system to fail or need to reboot. Causing the goon to lose all his extra sensors, including the one that controls when to switch to the Oxygen tank.

Vecny holds tight at the door. Feels the heat as two laser blasts blast by him. One hitting the door, while the other going through the tiny opening. Looking back he could see his Captain for a quick second as the laser bolts clear the smoke. But he definitely heard a Goon on the other side of the door drop his rifle and fall. One of the Captain's blast hit true. Vecny not wasting any time, he crosses the threshold of the door and finds the HVAC system. He uses his mind and starts to crank the ventilation of the room into overdrive. Causing the smoke in the room to dissipate, quicker than normal. GM Note: This action causes the smoke to dissipate faster, and when the system is in full force, it will dissipate the trapped smoke in Egan's TK Bubble in 1 round.

GM Note: Mane - not much to say, your post was hilarious and you were awarded an extra 250 xp for it. Because of that, I'm also dropping your unconsciousness down by another 2 rounds. So at the end of this combat scene you have been unconscious for 4 of the 7 rounds.

CombatRound2.JPG


What are your intentions?
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 am

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 71 (+15% visual, +25% recognize salvage, +20% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 12

Stats
  • Head - 60 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 180 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Right Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 60 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 60 M.D.C.
Speed: 396'/action running
Weapons
Retractable Silver Plated Vibro-Blade - 2d4 M.D. (right arm)
Particle Beam Forearm Blaster - 6d6+6 M.D., 1000', 10 shots (left arm)
Concealed Ion Rod - 4d6 M.D., 2000', 10 shots (right leg)
C0-20 Laser Pistol - 2d6 M.D., 800', 21 shots (right hip)
Temporary Effects
Internal Air Supply: 2 hours
Tear Gas: No Effect
Visual Penalty: No Effect
Auditory Penalty: Duration expired


The ringing in Drum's ears finally ebbs back to normal. Facing the two guns, he does a quick crack of the neck, not from any real cramping, just a hold over from when he was flesh, a huge grin spreads on his face as he looks at the goons. "Weapons free, asshats!" he exclaims. Time to take the hits the others can't.

Simulaneous strikes where applicable:

The cyborg feints with the vibro blade and steps towards the goon to the north doing a simultaneous attack with his particle beam forearm blaster. The large barrel pokes smoothly through the fabric of his suit. The room is filled with a sudden burst of light and a loud zzzzaaapppp. Then the gyroscopes in his body hum, as he does a backward sweep kick on the goon behind him to knock him to the ground. He continues his spin back up to his feet. If the goon to the north is still standing, he fires another blast of charged particles at him. When he drops, he goes for the neural mace that the goon was holding, and then puts the beat-down on the two waiters and juicer.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11
  1. Simultaneous Strike with Forearm Blaster at North Goon: 1d20+1 = 5, Damage: 6d6+6 = 21 M.D.
  2. Simultaneous backward sweep on South Goon: 1d20+7 = 8 Damage: None, falls to ground, lose initiative, -1 action
    1. Simultaneous Strike with Forearm Blaster on North Goon: 1d20+1 = 8, Damage: 6d6+6 = 28 M.D.
    2. or pick up Neural Mace and parry with vibro-sword: 1d20+12 = 20
    1. Simultaneous Strike with Forearm Blaster on North Goon: 1d20+1 = 19, Damage: 6d6+6 = 28 M.D.
    2. or pick up Neural Mace and parry with vibrosword: 1d20+12 = 13.
    3. or Simultaneous Strike Waiter/Juicer nearest Drum with Neural Mace: 1d20+7 = 15 Damage: See notes below.
    1. Simultaneous Strike with Forearm Blaster on North Goon: 1d20+1 = 6, Damage: 6d6+6 = 27 M.D.
    2. or pick up Neural Mace and parry with vibro-sword: 1d20+12 = 21
    3. or Simultaneous Strike Waiter/Juicer nearest Drum with Neural Mace: 1d20+7 = 18 Damage: See notes below.

Contingency: Roll with Impact (+6): 5d20:
11, 1, 20, 10, 19


Neural Mace Effects
  • Save vs Non-Lethal Poison: 16+
  • Success: Lose Initiative and 1 action only
  • Failure: -8 Strike/Parry/Dodge, APM/Speed reduced by 50%
    Duration: 2d4 melee rounds per success.
  • RUE p259 for effect of multiple strikes
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby James Howlett » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 56
Conditions: A butt load of Cybernetics.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 18
Number of Attacks: 7

Image

Action One: Fire CP-20 at left-hand Waiter holding the Colonel, while moving to the first point. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 11; Damage: 2d6 = 4 M.D.)
Action Two: Charge Juicer and club him with a Neural Mace. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 19; Damage: 2d6+9 = 14 S.D.C. +Neural Mace Ability)
Action Three: A. Shoot Right Waiter. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 13; Damage: 2d6 = 2 M.D.)
B. Continue clubbing Juicer with a Neural Mace. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 10; Damage: 2d6+9 = 15 S.D.C. +Neural Mace Ability)
Action Four: A. Shoot Right Waiter. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 22; Damage: 2d6 = 7 M.D.)
B. Continue clubbing Juicer with a Neural Mace. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 10; Damage: 2d6+9 = 17 S.D.C. +Neural Mace Ability)
Action Five: A. Shoot Right Waiter. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 22; Damage: 2d6 = 6 M.D.)
B. Continue clubbing Juicer with a Neural Mace. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 11; Damage: 2d6+9 = 16 S.D.C. +Neural Mace Ability)
Action Six: A. Shoot Right Waiter. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 10; Damage: 2d6 = 5 M.D.)
B. Continue clubbing Juicer with a Neural Mace. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 7; Damage: 2d6+9 = 12 S.D.C. +Neural Mace Ability)
Action Seven: A. Shoot Right Waiter. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 18; Damage: 2d6 = 9 M.D.)
B. Continue clubbing Juicer with a Neural Mace. (Strike: 1d20+4 = 13; Damage: 2d6+9 = 16 S.D.C. +Neural Mace Ability)

Parry with Neural Mace: 1d20+9 = 21, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 27, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 28, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 13.
Roll w/: 1d20+7 = 20, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 12, 1d20+7 = 25, 1d20+7 = 20.

James is infuriated, his Battle Cat lay unconscious near James' feet, one of his commanding officers lies dead in the room behind him, and the rogues are currently trying drag his commander to some unknown fate. All of this coupled with chaos around him, leaves James filled with seething rage. The kitchen is a flurry of activity, with the combat moving into the room, causing the cooks to scream in terror. Fire shoots from bubbling sauces on the stoves. All of it making a hellish situation. James roars in inhuman rage and his bionic legs begin pumping him forward, while his right hand snaps up to take a shot at the waiter to the left of Lieutenant Colonel Carol Black. As James starts across the kitchen he vaults a metal prep table scattering cutlery and several plated dishes to the floor. James continues to scream incoherently as he moves in on the Juicer hip checking a flat-top grill on his way there. James makes the split second decision to use the Neural Mace as his weapon of choice beating at the Juicer with unpracticed savagery. Anyone watching James fight can only see instinct in his methods, no skill.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 pm

Perception 1d100 = 87/64
JIC 1d20 = 6
JIC 1d100 = 63

Military Tactics 1d100 = 97/75%
Intelligence 1d100 = 93/52%




"Being half blind sucks," Snoopy mutters. His last ploy being pretty much a fail, he tries to react better this time. At least the objective is still clear, get Black. With his weapons useless more or less, he hopes he at least looks threatening.

He's not a SWAT or some sort of Special Operations commando, so he fakes it. That goofy looking squat walk thing. Well he power walks the hell out of that scooting his way through the kitchen and around all the equipment. He certainly hopes that all that commercial grade cooking gear is bullet proof.

Still not trusting his shooting, he doesn't try any super cool shots at the bad guys. He takes a couple towards the ceiling (again) hoping that he can cause a little distraction, enough for him to dodge around the armored goons. His real goal is to get close and physically knock the waiters down. Why more piloting, coulda taken a close combat course.



Combat Summary:
Initiative 1d20+1 = 15
Attacks per Melee: 7

Actions:
1. Commando speedwalk into kitchen.
2. Fire into ceiling: 1d20 = 3
3. Fire into ceiling: 1d20 = 15
6. Commando speedwalk around kitchen/Dodge Goons: 1d20+1 = 20
7. Commando speedwalk around kitchen/Dodge Goons: 1d20+1 = 14
4. Sprint/Tackle Waiter: 1d20 = 14
5. Sprint/Tackle Waiter: 1d20 = 11
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats


Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip


Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22


Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
User avatar
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 pm
Location: Coalition States

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Mane » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 am

Perception: Unconscious
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 60
Condition: K.O.'ed & dead weight!

Before he knew, a light appeared in the room, and on it ... on a ray of sunshine... An Angel descended from above! The Angel's robes were made of stitched human flesh bleached into a glorious white. In its androgynous hands it held the severed head of a stranger who Mane had only met once. It was that of the juicer who just defeated him in combat, though Mane recalled him being a bit livelier just a moment ago.

In a voice that sang like a choir of young neutered boys, the angel spoke. "Fear not, oh dear Lamb, for the Lord Almighty has come to bless upon on you that what you lack to preveal in this hour of need."

Egan Grey wrote:...Realizing that staying inside this room was not an option for him or the wounded, he hoists up the hulking battle cat across his shoulders and slowly makes his way towards the kitchen door,


With the angel's one free hand, it gestured towards Mane like an orchestra's maestro instructing the string section to rise to a crescendo. Before he knew it the fallen Battle Cat began to levitate into the air, and soon after the haze about him began to clear letting him breathe easy once more.

"Rise, timid Lamb... Rise and be strong!" the angel in the tunic of stitched flesh said.

Uncontrollably and in response, Mane levitated further towards a ceiling that crumbled away, revealing the placid, bucilic heavens above. Above him the cat could see a lovely blue sky suddenly invaded by stormy clouds of black and lightning as red as crimson.

"That, oh feeble Lamb, is the rage that has left your heart. The savagery that you once drew strength from." the angel explained, spreading its arms wide at the open, angry sky, and pointing the severed head so it may gaze upon Mane's lost fury. In response the decapitated head began to weep and mourn the cat's great loss.

Suddenly the clouds began to coalesce into a vortex. A tornado reaching down to the ground, violently wrapped in crimson electricity. The point of the funnel cloud continued downward until it reached the lips of Mane. With the gail-force of a hurricane, the violence filled Mane's mouth, nose, and lungs, and all at once, he realized how empty he was without it.

"Rise..." the Angel beckoned, it's choir-like voice filled with hope and anticipation. "Rise oh mighty Lion!! Rise and wash your jungle kingdom with the blood of the Lambs!"

"...kill..." Mane murmured in his unconscious state for the corporeal world of the kitchen to hear, still in Egan's clutches. "... Lion... Not a lamb..." Consciousness was slowly returning to him, but not quickly enough.

Merchant of Death wrote:GM Note: Mane - not much to say, your post was hilarious and you were awarded an extra 250 xp for it. Because of that, I'm also dropping your unconsciousness down by another 2 rounds. So at the end of this combat scene you have been unconscious for 4 of the 7 rounds.


{{{OOC:Thanks. :) Just give me a poke when it's time to get Mane back in the fight.}}}
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 am

Perception 21%, +15% if electronics or machines: 1d100 = 21
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 10
JiC: 1d100 = 21
JiC: 1d20 = 11

Tear Gas: -6 Strike Parry and Dodge
Electrokinesis: Immune to electricity
Telepathy
(2) Telemechanic Mental Operation

Attacks
  • 2.1: Strike: 1d20+1 = 16; Damage 1d6 = 4 MD
  • 2.2: Strike: 1d20+1 = 2; Damage 1d6 = 6 MD
  • 3.1: Strike: 1d20+1 = 5; Damage 1d6 = 2 MD
  • 3.2: Strike: 1d20+1 = 12; Damage 1d6 = 6 MD
  • 4.1: Strike: 1d20+1 = 14; Damage 1d6 = 6 MD
  • 4.2: Strike: 1d20+1 = 13; Damage 1d6 = 6 MD

Contingent Rolls
  • Parry: +4 after penalties; Dodge: +5 after penalties
  • 1d20 = 6
  • 1d20 = 19
  • 1d20 = 14
  • 1d20 = 14
  • 1d20 = 6
  • 1d20 = 4
  • 1d20 = 5
  • 1d20 = 16
  • 1d20 = 13
  • 1d20 = 17

Tears and mucus coat Lyndon’s face as he bursts into the fresh air of the kitchen, though the pure air is doing little to immediately soothe the irritation from the gas it is only a matter of time now. Seeing the newly joined cyborg engaging the armored infiltrators he rushes after his Captain, without the aid of bionics and lacking full use of his senses his progress is even less graceful. He slams into the prep table Howlett had, bruising his hip while sending more utensils and the last desert tumbling to the ground. Cursing he continues around the table trampling delicate eclairs and almost slipping in a pudding.

Almost without conscious effort he reaches out with his mind again to scan his enemy’s thoughts, this time focusing on the waiter on the right hoping he’d be more focused on their goal since he was not yet engaged and still intent on transporting Colonel Black. Approaching the tangle of bodies it is clear that his bionically enhanced Captain is making a beeline for the enhanced soldier so Lyndon does his best to make it to the waiters and Colonel Black. Falling into his combat stance with newly practiced ease he makes ready to test the skills SFC Wilkox drilled into him in a live combat situation. Knowing the priority is securing the Colonel and that their neural maces can’t hurt them he focuses purely on offense unless they pull a gun or flash a vibro-blade.

He digs into his power reserves again and channels enough electrical current into his fists to melt steel before launching into a series of attacks.

I assume I can still use Paired Weapons for simultaneous attacks unarmed, but if not then ignore each of the “.2” actions. Also, I wanted to make sure and get a post in so I have not yet reviewed the Paired Weapons house rule. If I did something wrong I will edit.

APM: 6
  • 1: Move to Waiters and Juicer, scan thoughts of Waiter on the right
  • 2.1: Strike: 16, 4MD; Simultaneous attack. Target Priority Waiter Right (WR), Waiter Left (WL), Juicer (J)
  • 2.2: Strike: 2; Simultaneous attack. Target Priority WR, WL, J
  • 3.1: Strike: 5, 2MD; Simultaneous attack. Target Priority WR, WL, J
  • 3.2: Strike: 12, 6MD; Simultaneous attack. Target Priority WR, WL, J
  • 4.1: Strike: 14, 6MD; Simultaneous attack. Target Priority WR, WL, J
  • 4.2: Strike: 13, 6MD; Simultaneous attack. Target Priority WR, WL, J
  • 5: Lost due to Telemechanic Mental Operation
  • 6: Lost due to Telemechanic Mental Operation
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
User avatar
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 11:21 am

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:35 am

Perception - 64%, 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 50

OOC: Yes, going after the living....for some reason I thought the Major was just wounded, not dead.

Setting the big cat down inside the kitchen hallway, Egan mentally placed the Lieutenant down right along side Mane hoping that the cleaner air would help rouse the two soldiers or at the very least not allow them to die due to oxygen deprivation.
Mane wrote:"...kill..." Mane murmured in his unconscious state for the corporeal world of the kitchen to hear, still in Egan's clutches. "... Lion... Not a lamb..." Consciousness was slowly returning to him, but not quickly enough.
Hearing the Battle Cat grumble brought a smirk to Egan's snot covered face. -These guys better hope their dead or gone when he wakes back up.- Peaking around the corner, Egan sees the combat playing out as does what he can to assist.

Combat
APM: 7
Action 1: TK - Picking up a boiling pot of water/sauce placing it over the waiter's head on the right and yanking away from Black. Strike: 1d20+3 = 4 Damage: ? its boiling liquid but just trying to knock him down/give him something else to worry about.
Action 2: TK - Picking up a paring knife from one of the cooking stations and trying to stab the waiter on the left in the eye. Strike: 1d20+3 = 16 Damage: 1d6 = 5SDC
Action 3-5: TK - Lifting Colonel Black up so she can push herself off the wall(as well as pulling her along) and get back to friendly territory (provided she weights less than 200 lbs)
Action 6: Shooting the nearest armored guard. Strike: 1d20-1 = 19 Damage: 2d6 = 7 MDC
Action 7: Shooting the nearest armored guard. Strike: 1d20-1 = 10 Damage: 2d6 = 9 MDC

Contingency:

If he can't assist Black up and over the combat inside the kitchen he will continue to stab at the waiters holding her with knifes.
Action 3: TK - Stab soft target with kitchen knife. 1d20+3 = 8 Damage: 1d6 = 3SDC
Action 4: TK - Stab soft target with kitchen knife. 1d20+3 = 14 Damage: 1d6 = 4SDC
Action 5: TK - Stab soft target with kitchen knife. 1d20+3 = 4 Damage: 1d6 = 1SDC

Parries/Dodges as needed: 1d20+4 = 10, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 18, 1d20+4 = 15


Edited for better clarity on what he was trying to do.
Last edited by Egan Grey on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:25 pm

Vecny holds fast at the panel and location where he is at. Taking advantage of its proximity, Vecny closes and seals the door from which the goon fired and Howlett managed to hit the goon.

Vecny decides to move along to the next nearest node. If possible and fast enough he would secure the north doors of the kitchen to impede anyone exiting.
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Merchant of Death » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:26 pm

Dinner Party
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 2030 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the area 40 miles away, but none in the facility itself.
    Location: Coalition States Undisclosed Research Facility - XRF-1138

Even though the enemy initially did a hit and fade style attack, the 40-4th moved right after them. James surveys the situation, two waiters holding Black, a Juicer holding back and two armored goons surrounding the Cyborg. The cyber-doc is seething with anger, as he leaps over some prep tables. His feet catches and throws food across the room, while his pistol fires off a shot that catches the waiter in the back. The laser beam sears into the waiter's armored tuxedo. The man stumbles but is able to keep moving into the other room with the Colonel and the other waiter. James then focuses his attention on the Juicer. As James starts to swing at the Juicer, he would not normally be surprised that his attacks hit nothing but air. What he wasn't prepared for, was the extremely fast and muscular man picking up the Cyber-Doc and throwing him across the room. James lands near the back of the room toppling pots and pans. As he sits there he is next to some kitchen staff unconscious and on the floor.

Snoopy does his part, looking very ridiculous performing a commando walk in the kitchen. He finds that it is very difficult to maneuver in the tight quarters of the kitchen. So he crouches down and starts to fire into the ceiling above the combatants, trying to cause a distraction. Unfortunately the first blast is fired right above Mane, and a piece of concrete hits the Mutant Cat upon the head. GM Note: Mane receives 1d4 = 3 SDC damage, but is now conscious.

Drummond all the while is right in the thick of things. The Cyborg in a tux starts to open up on the goons around him. "Weapons free, asshats!" The forearm blaster pops out of his jacket sleeve and starts to fire. Much to his dismay, his aim was terribly off due to his leg sweep that also missed his intended target. Each of the armored goons take swings at Drummond, but his mechanics either take the blow and bounce off, or he is able to parry the attacks. As Black and the waiters move into the other room, a new goon appears with a largish cannon. The two armored goons take a step back as a large net flies at Drummond and wraps around him.

Egan sets Mane and the Lieutenant down and starts to utilize the everyman weapons available to him in the kitchen. He grabs a big pot of boiling soup and flings it over to one of the waiters holding the Colonel. The soup splatters him and he yelps in pain, some of the scalding liquid also falls on the Colonel and she screams as well, more out of shock and surprise than the scalding liquid on her bare skin. He then picks up the Colonel with his mind, only to be thwarted by the other waiter holding onto her and bringing her back down to the ground into the other room.

Vecny closes the door that the goon who had shot the Major through. He heard the man scurry back when he was shot by Howlett, but the door is unpowered and he has to struggle a bit to close it. He then reaches out in his mind to close the door in the kitchen hoping to catch the goons. Unfortunately for the rest of the team, all the goons race through the door before it closes, except for the Juicer.

GM Note: Drummond is wrapped up in a Net. It will take approximately 1 minute for Drummond to get out from underneath the net. For every person trying to help, it can reduce that time by 1 melee round, but it takes up all the actions of that person. Alternately it will take 2 melee's to cut a hole big enough for Drummond to step out of.

Mane is awake, but he is still impaired. The only combatant in the room is the Juicer.
User avatar
Merchant of Death
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:29 pm
Location: MODERATOR: Arms Bazaar

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Vecny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Vecny utilizes the PA system to laugh. The laughter is clearly digitized, mechanical, detached, and haunting. But Vecny is using it to determine if he can communicate with his captain and the rest of the 40-4th without re-entering his body to use radio.

If It Works
"40-4th. Captain winged the Major's shooter. Attempting to contain others via door controls. Opening doors on your command."


Getting Dicey

  • Pick Locks - 58% 1d100 = 32
  • Tailing - 58% 1d100 = 23
  • Optic Systems - 53% 1d100 = 68
  • Tracking: People - 48% 1d100 = 46
  • Detect Ambush - 53% 1d100 = 78

  • JIC 1d100 = 2
  • JIC 1d100 = 59
  • JIC 1d100 = 79
  • JIC 1d100 = 48
  • JIC 1d100 = 98


Vecny is would not get any feedback, audio wise, but visual he can see on several angles without a problem.

Noting that the Captain is down and trying to recover, Vecny sees about increasing the heat in the room with Colonel Black and maybe filtering any remaining gases from the dining hall into the room as well. Turning down the lights in both the kitchen and the room north of the Kitchen, hoping that the juicer remains in the kitchen entry way illuminated and lit up like a target dummy on the range.
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
User avatar
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 am

Perception: 21% vs 1d100 = 5 (+15% visual, +25% recognize salvage, +20% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 83

Stats
  • Head - 60 M.D.C.
  • Main Body - 180 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand – 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Right Forearm - 33 M.D.C.
  • Left Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Right Upper Arm - 47 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 13 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 60 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 60 M.D.C.
Speed: 396'/action running
Weapons
Retractable Silver Plated Vibro-Blade - 2d4 M.D. (right arm)
Particle Beam Forearm Blaster - 6d6+6 M.D., 1000', 10 shots (left arm)
Concealed Ion Rod - 4d6 M.D., 2000', 10 shots (right leg)
C0-20 Laser Pistol - 2d6 M.D., 800', 21 shots (right hip)
Temporary Effects
Internal Air Supply: 2 hours
Tear Gas: No Effect
Visual Penalty: No Effect
Auditory Penalty: Duration expired
Retrained - Can't move due net - 4/4 rounds remaining


As the net wraps around Drummond's arms and torso, he can't help but think back to when he first woke up after he was injured and was given the option of being a borg.

The past wrote:A raspy fills the man's ears, as if the person speaking had been drinking drain cleaner, it took him a few moments to realize it was his own voice. "Ugh, I feel terrible, where am I?" The sounds of beeping near him along with the further sounds of people talking and screaming can be heard. "Where am I?" he says in a more desperate tone. He squints his eyes, but realizes the room is mostly dark. He wants to rub the stinging sand from his eyes, but can't seem to lift his hand. He twists his head slightly and sees the equipment next to him has various flashing lights and is making the noises.

He hears a small rap, like a knock, and turns the other way to see a woman in a long coat standing in the doorway, her face in shadow, but the curves of her body visible through the translucent fabric of her coat. Her hand is up by the edge of the door frame. She raps her knuckles again and says, "Mr. Drummond are you awake?"

"Yes," he says and then chokes a bit on his dry tongue.

The woman moves into the room quickly and picks up a pitcher and a small cup and fills it with water. She brings it over to him and puts it to his lips, "Here, drink slowly, you've been unconscious for a while." While he sips she adds, "I am Dr. Walling. You were brought here after an accident that occurred during a training exercise, do you remember that?"


"Ah," Drummond says as the water wets his mouth. "I remember that dumb-ass Michaels playing with some grenades." He pauses and then says, "Sh$t! He dropped one didn't he?"

"Yes, Mr. Drummond. It's my understanding that he was attempting to juggle the grenades and one of pull pins slid over his finger and the weight of the grenade pulled it out. You rushed him trying to get to the grenade to keep the release lever in place, but were a second too late. Your actions did save the lives of two other men, but you were badly injured," Dr. Walling says.

"What about Michaels?" he asks.

"He...he died as he took the full force of the explosion," she says. Now in the room, Drummond can see the bars on her collar signifying she is a military doctor, and despite that he hears the sadness in her voice as she explained what happened. She puts the pitcher back on the table, and turns back to him. "You have a decision to make, soldier." Her sudden change in demeanor makes Drummond start, he tries to move to attention, but can't. He struggles a bit, but stops, the drugs in his system dampening the worry that would have otherwise be plaguing him.

"You have lost both arms at the elbows, your left leg, and had major trauma to your abdomen. If this were 50 years ago, you'd have been euthanized and allowed to die as a mercy. But now, our beloved Coalition States has the technology and the know-how to make you better. The Emperor has decreed that every human life has value, and I agree. Despite the expense, he has authorized every soldier in good standing that has been injured to the degree you have to be admitted into the cybernetic corp, and given the option to continue to fight for humanity as a fully functional combat cyborg," she says this with fervor, but Drummond can detect that she must have said this speech more than a few times. She turns to the video monitor. "I am going to let you watch this video about the program. Think about it, I will be back tomorrow to find out your decision. If you need anything, the Nurse's station will be able to hear you."

The doctor leaves as the video comes on. It's not a long video, but Drummond can't help but think of his family, he knows his answer before the video has gone even half way. The next morning, he answers, "Yes." before she has time to speak.

Eventually, a technican comes to him to talk about the specifications of his new body and what options are available to him. As he's looking down the list, he sees one that is odd, "Bionic jaws? Do they really think I will be in a situation where I will need to bite an enemy?" Drummond asks inquisitively.

"Hey man, when you got some demon trying to bite your face off, don't you want to be able to bite back?" the technician says in reply.

"I am not going to let them get that close, I want to keep keep my mouth and tongue, it's one of the few sense that I will have left." Drummond says.



"Dammit!" Drummond says as he looks down at his bound body, If I had just listened to that guy, I'd at least be able to bite this jerkwad. He flexes his arms trying to get the vibro-blade up to the netting and begins sawing at the strands so he can break free.

APM: 5
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 15
Actions 1 to 5: Cut/Tear/Pry netting
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: All Dressed Up, but Where to Go?

Postby Mane » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 32
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 86
Condition: Conscious, but recovering from a Neural shock (Stun Penalties: -8 Strike, Parry, & Dodge; half Speed & APM)

Merchant of Death wrote:Snoopy does his part, looking very ridiculous performing a commando walk in the kitchen. He finds that it is very difficult to maneuver in the tight quarters of the kitchen. So he crouches down and starts to fire into the ceiling above the combatants, trying to cause a distraction. Unfortunately the first blast is fired right above Mane, and a piece of concrete hits the Mutant Cat upon the head. GM Note: Mane receives Original post: 1d4 = 3 SDC damage, but is now conscious. ... Mane is awake, but he is still impaired. The only combatant in the room is the Juicer.


It was the clunk of ceiling tile on the head that brought Mane back to the world of reality. "Hmm?" The first thing his eyes focused on was the prone body of the Lieutenant, followed quickly by the different floor and lighting of the kitchen. It took him a moment to get his bearings, but it didn't take Mane long to figure out that the fighting was still going on. With a still-woozy hand he posted on the floor to get some semblance of balance, the furious battle cat rose to his feet.

Immediately his eyes locked onto the Juicer standing on the far end of the kitchen, barring the door as best as the would-be abductor could. In a flash of memory, it all came back to him. The ambush... Mr. Sneaky with the neural mace... the peace-loving hippy in the back of his own head... and his utter failure to protect Colonel Black. The lion's brow furrowed and a low growl escaped his lips. Knowing the team absolutely needed to get through that door, Mane lowered his shoulders and shot off as fast he he could, intent on ramming his way through the Juicer and door. One way or another, he would either clear the way for the rest, or occupy the Juicer and increase the teams' chances of un-fucking this goat-screw.

With every ounce of strength, though still woozy and seeing double, Mane rocketed towards the Juicer like a ten-ton juggernaut down a steep hill. As he sprinted at full tilt, a battle cry loosed from his snarling mouth.

"RRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!"

Contingency Plan 1: If the Body Block ends up crushing the Juicer like a bug against a windshield, Mane will breach the door and use his awesome IFF powers of perception to instantly assess the lay of the land there and attempt to slash a target of opportunity, preferably one of the two goons holding Black.

Contingency Plan 2: If the Juicer pops a Nat 20 and completely dodges the attack, and then zaps the shit out of my murder cat again, making a lion-skin rug out of Mane a second time, at least they Juicer was a little occupied while the others have a better chance against him.

Contingency Plan 3: Faster pussycat, kill kill kill!

[Plan of Attack]Attacks per Melee: Normally 8 by melee, now 4 with stun penalties
Action 1) Get up and regain bearings
Action 2 & 3) Body Block at max speed, using Sprint Ability
  • Attack Roll: 1d20-2 = 10 (net of penalty)
  • EDIT: NO!! Juicer Boy is going down!! I am officially dropping 3 EP for a Dues Ex Machina (Automatic Critical Success) on a combat roll!!
  • S.N. Strength Damage: 6d6+2 = 21 MD (42 MD with Crit)
  • Knock Back: Target suffers -20% to roll to not get bowled over; plus unspecified Supernatural Strength modifier (damn rule vagueness).
Action 4) Simo Attack with claws to bypass his defenses (assuming he doesn't zap Mane into oblivion again)
  • Attack Roll: 1d20+1 = 21 (net of penalty)
  • Claw Damage: 9d6+2 = 37 MD (74 MD with Crit, plus Boxing skill Knock Out on a Nat 20
Auto Parry Roll Pool: 12d20:
12, 20, 6, 4, 10, 5, 12, 20, 8, 12, 14, 14

with a +6 bonus to each roll (net of penalty)
Last edited by Mane on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Next

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest