This Going to the Dogs Already - Team Doc

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Postby CS High Command » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:46 pm

• Date: January 9, 110 PA
  • Time: 1200 by end of post.
  • Temp: 4°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake coming into the town of Hammond. Fog has burned off.
  • Weather: Sunny, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice now melting into slush in the sun and refreezing with the wind.
  • Ley Line info: A little under half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
  • Map Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing
    Orders: Your job is going to be looking into Heston Branton, and his Psi-Hound associate. Its possible he is already, or has been a target. Recon and see what information there might be to have. Information gathering only.

The Brew Point Cafe, in addition to being in a nice touristy area of the docks full of shops meant to strip money from those who've been on ships too long, is also one of the places most merchants come to hire scouts and guides to get them to their destinations inland. Its not that impressive looking (except how clean it is overall), one thing is clear, while most have body armor, sidearms and the occasional blade in a sheath or mace in a hanger, most are not actively toting large conspicuous weapons or power armor. Power armor that more resembles body armor is around, as are one or two full conversion borgs, but overall it seems to be a low key kind of place. A rent by the hour set of lockers is on one wall, and seems to be seeing use. Marcus had warned the group of this, and they had come out dressed and geared up appropriately.

Heston Branton is in a booth by himself, and looks like shit. The word harrowed immediately comes to mind when you see him. He's wearing low profile armor, and looks like he is trying to be as low key as possible - looking more like a drifter than a merc. Despite the civilian vibe, the seats all seem to be heavy duty enough to support even Drummond's bulk, as well as Doc's.

Heston Branton
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Team Doc

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 99 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 91

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Intelligence 55% vs 1d100 = 30 | Pass | Observe the crowd, identify real threats
Military Etiquette 55% vs 1d100 = 85 | Fail | Observe the crowd, who's had military training
Recognize Weapon Quality 40% vs 1d100 = 68 | Fail | Observe the crowd, noting any major weapons on display

Drum looks longingly at the locker where he'd stored his heavier weapons back at their base of operations. Inwardly he sighs, Just going to have to make due with the on board weaponry. He makes sure his pistol is secured and heads out the door.

Initially he follows the doc in close formation, and then realizes that's just a give away for who they really are, so he falls back and takes in the sights in a more meandering path as they make their way to the Brew Point Cafe.

He wanders up to Doc, "So Doc, since there's three of us, who do you want to be the odd man out? I'm thinking it's me, but if you want me to back either you or Lazarus directly in the interro...interview, just let me know."

On entering, he's cheered a bit by the sign of people in body armor, glad that he didn't decide to go 'commando.' I'm worth too much to let some idiot with a vibro-blade take a gouge out of me.

Spotting Branton easily enough, the borg let's his gaze pass back and forth over the crowd and looks in the nooks and crannies. Using his thermo-imaging to see people hidden in shadow or in nearby rooms. Enhanced parabolic hearing would have come in handy for this job.

If Drum is with the debate team, he follows behind on Doc's left. If he's just a casual patron, he heads to the bar and finds a sturdy chair that gives him line of sight on Branton and the exit. He waves the bartender over and orders a beer.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Marcus Heller » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81% (52% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Marcus preps for this part of the mission by suiting up in his Nightreaper armor over his current outfit, but he removes the NG-P7 and stows both it and his new JA-11 in the armory. He straps his TX-5 and FNP-45 into opposite thigh holsters. As the group moves out he leaves the lower face plate of the helmet open so he can 'smell' things around him.

Once they arrive at the Brew Point, Marcus removes his helmet altogether as they take a seat at Heston's table, "Heston, how are things?", 'He looks like shit that got run over by a lawn mower', Marcus keeps to himself this comment, but hasn't any idea what a lawn mower is, he just heard the comment somewhere else. He watches Heston for any hostile movements as he introduces his companions, pointing to each one in turn, "This here is my new senior partner James Harrison.", Marcus stresses senior in such a way that should let Heston know that James is the one fronting a majority of the funds for whatever it is they are up to (is that even possible?), "The big borg here is Blackwood and he works for both of us.". The introductions completed, Marcus looks over at James and gives him a nod to let him know it's his show now.

{Skill Rolls}
Streetwise 46%/ 1d100 = 83% (to detect any hostility or unusual behavior from Heston)
Marcus Heller

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:35 am

(rolls carried)

Drum listens impassively as Marcus makes the introductions, it takes him a few seconds after he hears 'Blackwood' to recognize his name, "Hey, name's Doug, you can call me Doug."

Crap, this whole secret identity thing is tough! What was Marcus' name again? Lazlo? No, Lazurus. Yeah, that's it.
Drummond Leighton

Postby James Howlett » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 2
Conditions: None.

Skills
Psychology 1d100 = 85/74% (To get a read on Heston.)
Invoke Trust: 65% 1d100 = 40/(70% vs Armed Forces Personnel) (To sell the story.)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 94/35% (To get Heston in James' good graces.)

James takes quick stock of the location making a mental not of entrances and exits and a quick survey of the beings present.

Drummond Leighton wrote:He wanders up to Doc, "So Doc, since there's three of us, who do you want to be the odd man out? I'm thinking it's me, but if you want me to back either you or Lazarus directly in the interro...interview, just let me know."

James shakes his head in the negative. "Find somewhere to keep an eye on things, this likely will not take too long." James says to one of the newest in a string of soldiers he has worked with over the past two decades.

James follows Marcus to speak with Heston.

Marcus Heller wrote:"This here is my new senior partner James Harrison.", Marcus stresses senior in such a way that should let Heston know that James is the one fronting a majority of the funds for whatever it is they are up to (is that even possible?), "The big borg here is Blackwood and he works for both of us.".

James nods to Heston when introduced. "Afternoon, would you mind if we sat down and asked you a few questions?" James asks trying to be sympathetic.

If Heston agrees, James takes a seat and smiles. "So we've been hired by some locals to look into a menace that's been causing no end of trouble. Some maniac that has been killing dogs, Dog boys, Wolfen, anything remotely canine to be honest. My partner has informed me that you had an associate that was a Dog Boy, is he still able to be talked to or has the maniac got him too?" James asks, trying to add an edge of anger to his voice when he speaks of Ear taker, to better sell that he's vested in this mission.

If Heston doesn't agree, than James will ask the question above from a standing position.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby CS High Command » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:20 pm

• Date: January 9, 110 PA
  • Time: 1210 by end of post.
  • Temp: 4°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake coming into the town of Hammond. Fog has burned off.
  • Weather: Sunny, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice now melting into slush in the sun and refreezing with the wind.
  • Ley Line info: A little under half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
  • Map Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ghkJl ... sp=sharing
    Orders: Your job is going to be looking into Heston Branton, and his Psi-Hound associate. Its possible he is already, or has been a target. Recon and see what information there might be to have. Information gathering only.

Heston seems to be good at playing his cards close to the chest. James finds it difficult to get a read on the guy, as does Drum. Marcus has met him before and still can't get a feel for how the guy will react all the time. One thing is clear, bringing up the killer stirs up distrust and anger. He is even as he speaks. "For all I know you're a damn CS headhunter looking to claim yet another freeborn like they are your property." He scowls a minute, then shakes his head. "Honestly, I have no idea where he is. Been missing for days. I hope to hell you're wrong. My buddy Fang is long gone." He pauses then looks at James. "Why do you care anyway. Obvious military man like yourself can't possibly care if a bunch of deserters and deebs are dead." It was an obvious dig to catch them unawares and out them as CS operatives. Thankfully none of them are greenhorns at field work. For Drum the sheer fact of his construction keeps him from reacting visibly, for Marcus and Howlett, actual experience has steeled their responses.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum