Bird Dogging at Falcone's - Falcon's Nest

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Bird Dogging at Falcone's - Falcon's Nest

Postby CS High Command » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Main Team
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Time: 1730 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

The team gets to the location and notes that there is a Dogboy standing at the door. He is huge. Mane looks about the same size as Fang, if indeed it is him. But true to his breed, he is friendly and helpful when Mane and Drum go through the door to hand initial recon and get set up to provide back-up and security. The team is operating on subvocal comms and the Approach team is told there are no other dogboys around. Mane and Drum are both on opposite ends of the bar, with a good view of all exits. No one seems to be in the "private room."

Other than the cold, it's not that bad of a day. The sun is low and the evening is darkening, but visibility is not compromised yet. Fang wears a standard issue armored jacket given to any member of the CS Military. His fits poorly, however, so it was likely made for a human previously

Fang
Falcon's Nest Map
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: Bird Dogging at Falcone's - Falcon's Nest

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 95 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 4

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Intelligence 55% vs 1d100 = 28 | Pass
Sensory Equipment 45% vs 1d100 = 4 | Pass

Recognize Weapon Quality 40% vs 1d100 = 83 | Fail

Drum nods his head at Fang as they enter and gives a generic, "Hey," in greeting. At the bar he orders a beer, "One beer, please." If it looks like the stool can withstand his weight, he sits, others, he just stands and acts casual. He taps his fingers on the bar in time with the music.

As the minutes go by, he mimics the interest of the other patrons at whatever antics Mane is doing at his end of the bar. His head, on a literal swivel, moves back and forth, looking at the various patrons. He switches to thermal-imaging and looks for the various colder spots indicative of concealed weapons. While he has his ion rod and laser pistol, he wishes he were packing more fire power. Anything goes down in here, I'll have to create a distraction. Hopefully all these people will just be bystanders, he thinks.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Mane » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 71
JIC Rolls: 1d100 = 33, 1d100 = 49
Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (80% base): 1d100 = 97
Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 99
Kitty Hearing:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 32
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 67
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 75
Skill Rolls:
* Detect Ambush (100% base): 1d100 = 72
* Detect Concealment (80% base): 1d100 = 40
Condition: "Recon Eye" is installed in modular bionic eye socket for this op.

Alias: "Preacher" Kitteon Snow

Letting Drum enter the bar a few minutes before him to help avert suspicions, Mane approached the dog of interest outside of The Falcon's Nest. Staying in the character of his alias, he spread his arms wide as if to warmly hug the mutant black lab, though he didn't actually commit and respected the big dog's personal space.

"Good evening, dear sir!" he bombastically said, the battle cat's warm breath billowing forth into the bitterly cold air. "The good Lord most certainly blessed us with a beautiful day!"

He was pleased to see Fang's (or the dog he assumed was Fang) happy, pleasant demeanor in return. Maybe no one would have to die today afterall... The thought giving him mixed feelings.

Having established the appearance of not trying to be discrete or sneaky, nor up to no good, Mane walked right in and found himself a spot as close as he could get to his assigned station in the plan. His thinking was to blend in by not trying to blend in (as if the hulking mutant lion even could if he wanted to). If notning else, his presence should draw attention away from those of his team who work better in the shadows.

Mane waved down a waitress/barmaid and ordered a tall beer and a large side of fries. If she inquires if he's alone, Mane will say he's meeting a friend there at the Falcon's Nest. The pretence of the lie afforded him the freedom to watch the ongoing of the bar's patrons with a trained, scrutinizing eye.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 93

Grayson walks up the street towards the bar and as he reaches the corner, the scout is greeted with the sight of a very large dogboy watching over the door. -Wow, that's a big boy!- Pretending to take a call on his helmets radio, the scout moves down the street to his point of interest and to where he can keep a lookout over the rear of the building and the Doc. The inclement weather was easily kept at bay by the layers of ceramic composites and plasteel that helped propel the scout in a small circle as he appeared to argue with someone before seeming to give up and prop himself up against a building. With his vantage point secured, the scout began watching over the corner, throwing a random arm movement or shaking of the head to help sell the conversation was still going on.

Skill Rolls:
    [Track: Animals – 80%, 1d100 = 22, PASS] -To check the ground around him to see what animals might be around the area currently.
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 75, PASS] -To check for recent prints of people or bots and which direction they might have been going
    [Trap & Mine Detection – 75%, 1d100 = 13, PASS] -To make sure his vantage point is clear
    [Intelligence – 71% , 1d100 = 40, PASS] -To ID people of interest that might be moving by
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 72, FAIL] -Checking for gang symbols
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 53, PASS] -Checking corners and shadows
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 55, FAIL] -Operation of his armor's sensors
    [Optic Systems - 45% , 1d100 = 10, PASS] -Operation of his armor's optics
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Running through his head currently
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/30 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Perception: 1d100/26%
JIC:1d20 = 9/1d100 = 94

Casper sits a couple blocks away listening to the comms as the others move into position. He turns to the Lieutenant and asks "What line of questioning do you want to pursue? Normally I take my time, but since it would be more odd to chat up a bouncer outside it might be better to play it straight. Thoughts?" he says, casually looking around for prying eyes.
Casper Wilpepper
Alias: Codex
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 22
Conditions: Bionics.

Radio: Basic 1d100 = 4/104% Pass (Scan radio frequencies.)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 84/54% Fail (Deal with any jamming)
Cryptography 1d100 = 88/49% Fail (Break encryption)
Research 1d100 = 83/109% Pass (To gather relevant data)
Intelligence 1d100 = 1/58% Pass (To collate all gathered information)

James stands on the street corner looking down the alley way. Maybe I should have put someone else on this. James thinks as he mentally switches through various channels checking for anything out of the ordinary. James tries to cover up all of this by pulling a battered pack of smokes from his pocket and tapping one into his hand before stuffing the pack back into his pocket. James lights the cigarette with a lighter he pulls from another pocket of his coat. Taking a long drag from the cigarette, James tries to look like he's boringly waiting on someone to show up.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 pm

((rolls carried))

After everyone else is in position, Casper looks to Tiny Tex, nods and begins walking casually towards Fang. Casper watches people come and go, selecting a moment when he's less busy. He walks up casually and nods to Fang before bringing out the blunt stick. "My name is Codex. I had some questions about a string of murders. I heard I might want to talk to you. I can see you're working so I don't want to bog you down, so what can you share. We'll compensate you for your time."
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Perception 1d100 = 57/64
JIC 1d20 = 9
JIC 1d100 = 43

Military Tactics 1d100 = 80/75% Analyze the surrounding area for escape rounds, cover, fire lanes, etc.
Intelligence 1d100 = 23/52% Analyze the responses from Fang.
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 50/45% "It's a trap!"

Casper Wilpepper wrote:Perception: 1d100/26%
JIC:Original post: 1d20 = 9/Original post: 1d100 = 94

Casper sits a couple blocks away listening to the comms as the others move into position. He turns to the Lieutenant and asks "What line of questioning do you want to pursue? Normally I take my time, but since it would be more odd to chat up a bouncer outside it might be better to play it straight. Thoughts?" he says, casually looking around for prying eyes.

Snoopy considers the options, thinking that Casper is making an interesting argument. He, however, has a similar initial instinct. "Let's start with the bouncer. He is after all, just an animal and we should be able to make him obey."

He let's Casper approach the dog boy, keeping all his senses tuned for trouble. Oh and his holster his ready for a quickdraw.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Mane » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:48 pm

(Rolls Carried Over)

Mane sat on his barstool, sipping his beer, keeping a watchful vigilant eye over the bar and the front door. On occasion he would grab a firench fry and nibble on it, enjoying its warm crunchy exterior in gooey interior.

"My compliments to the chef!" The big cat said to the bartender as he/she passed, by holding up the french fry in admiration.

And then Mane spied Casper through the front door window making his approach to the mark, Fang. Curious to see if anyone else took notice, he looked around the bar for anyone who looked suspicious, or was looking at the same thing. While Fang might hold important information and intelligence about the mission, the encounter outside the door could yield other unexpected results inside.

In case his cyborg counterpart didn't catch the ongings, Mane opened up a quick line on the sub-vocal radio. "Eyes sharp, Drum. It's going down."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:26 am

Mane wrote:In case his cyborg counterpart didn't catch the ongings, Mane opened up a quick line on the sub-vocal radio. "Eyes sharp, Drum. It's going down."

It's Doug, man, cat, whatever, Drum thinks, he gives a quick reply back, "Copy." Why did we even bother with alias? It's not like the two of us are low profile. Maybe this team gets cosmetic over-halls each mission. He sees the trio's thermal image through the wall as he takes another sip of his drink. He continues his study of the individuals in the bar, looking to see if anybody may be reacting to the conversation outside.
Drummond Leighton

Postby CS High Command » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Time: 1735 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond
    Ley Line info: A little over a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 4 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 6 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

When Codex begins his approach, Snoopy opts for the silent supporter, and merely gives a helpful nod to back up Codex's pitch. From his spot at the bar, Mane can see Codex and Snoopy making their pitch, and can even hear them. Drum can also pick up the conversation with his own enhanced hearing. Egan and Howlett are on lookout and do not see any action in the streets that concerns them.

As Codex makes his pitch, the Dogboy nods and sniffs the air. "What's mojo man doing hunting murderers. Seems that's the sort of thing the cops would do. I mean, I'm all about helping stop murderers though. Bad for business, you know? I'm about to get my break. If you want to come in, we can talk there. You're in luck, no cover tonight." He grins at the last bit, but his demeanor seems helpful.

Drum, for his part, has scoped every person in the room and has decided that none of them would be much of a problem for he and Mane to put down. He also has determined that while there is a recording device active, it's focused on the bar and the register, not specifically the people there. Obviously someone is watching money. The exterior and interior doors and the private room also seem to have some recording devices, but nothing secret or unexpected. Mane, for his part, doesn't detect any magic users or psychics of note.

Outside, in the snow, Egan can see signs of tracks everywhere - everything from rats to big hulking D-bees, but nothing that immediately indicates hostility to him - yet. He sees no sign of traps or demolition dangers. His power armor gives him enhanced hearing, so he too can hear what is going on at the door. Howlett scans the radio and begins streaming notes to his hand computer via a cable he has. A quick scan of frequencies finds none particularly in use aside from this common to the area (the docks have several frequencies in use, plus the team and a few others that seem to be no big deal when monitored). He does note that someone else seems to be operating in the area - probably a crew working a job on the docks.

Fang
Falcon's Nest Map
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:17 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 93 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 37

I know I am not the subtle guy, but even to me, they are speaking pretty loud, Drum thinks as he over hears some of what his team is saying to Fang with his normal human ears.

Subvocally, he says to Mane, "Maybe you need to hold the attention of the people in here while we wait, keep their eyes and ears off of what Fang is saying."

For his part the cyborg, turns fulling to the bar and his drink, using the bar mirror to keep tabs on the people in the room, but using the opportunity to inspect what thermal images he can pick up through the back rooms.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 69

Standing outside on the corner Egan stays propped up against the building, his pretend conversation ends and he crosses his arms as if contemplating what he is going to do next. He uses the time to continue his inspection of the building and alleys around him, switching between visual modes to cover all the bases. When team two makes contact the nickname the giant dog boy gives the new guy catches him by surprise. -Mojoman? Guess he just got a new call sign.- With a quick check on the Bossman, Egan goes back to being a lookout. -Well, at least he's gonna talk to us. Hopefully he will have some information we can use to get this sick fuck.-

Skill Rolls:
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 21, PASS] - To ID and think of avenues of attack that could be used on the team and the target.
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 50, PASS] - To ID locals and see if he can tell any affiliation
    [Detect Ambush (6th) - 55%, 1d100 = 8, PASS] - Yup
    [Sensory Equipment (EP @ 7th) - 45%, 1d100 = 56, FAIL] - Operation of armor systems
    [Optic Systems (EP @ 7th) - 45%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] - Operation of armor systems
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 33
Conditions: Bionic Sensors, Healthy sense of Paranoia.

James keeps up his act as a man waiting for someone. A few drags from his cigarette to show impatience. As soon as they have hooked the target we can find out what is going on. James thinks as he looks down the alley for likely the twentieth time in several minutes. If we were on a standard op, we could have used drones for this I think. I need to get those Drones we recovered up and running for this guise. James thinks adding yet another project to his already monumental list. James peers over at Egan for a brief moment. He does this so easily, must be the marksman training. James thinks once more.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Perception 1d100 = 80/26%
JIC:1d20 = 8/1d100 = 33

Intelligence:(for reading Fang for behaviour) 1d100 = 36/49%

Casper looks at Fang and nods. "Yeah, typically is but apparently someone has the need to hire us to find out more."

Casper walks with Fang to a booth to talk. Casper lays out the situation quickly but quietly. "So, the story is dogs boys have been the focus for someone with an axe to grind. They all seem to have a similar M.O. Is there anything you've heard?"

Casper watches him for his body language but of course dog boys are a bit different.
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:41 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 63
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 10

Seduction skill (47% base): 1d100 = 59
OOC: Nope! Skunked again!

Drummond Leighton wrote:Subvocally, he says to Mane, "Maybe you need to hold the attention of the people in here while we wait, keep their eyes and ears off of what Fang is saying."

Mane unconsciously nodded in acknowledgement, eyeballing a waitress coming his way. "Copy good, Tin Man. Engageing in distraction in 3... 2... 1... the youthful but wry cat replied over the sub-vocal radio.

As Mane counted down, he timed his actions to coincide with when the waitresses was walking by carrying a tray full of shots and tall beers. He stood up semi-quickly as if about to go to the bathroom in an absent-minded distracted fashion, only to 'accidentally' crash into her with sufficient force to topple the tray and shatter the glasses on the floor, not to mention all the spilt libations.

"Oh dear Lord! I am so terribly sorry!" he said acting as though surprised, putting on his best shocked face to help sell it. Mane quickly reached over the bar and grabbed a bar towel (or the closest thing to one within reach) and immediately crouched down "Here, let me help you get that cleaned up!"

If the barmaid was knocked down in the process, he helps her to a more upright stable position. It is then that Mane started putting out the vibe and his best pickup moves on her. "Please, let me make this up to you... perhaps over dinner and a drink somewhere else after you get off work?"

Mane gave it 50:50 odds she slaps him and makes even more a scene, which would only make for a better distraction. And if she was amicable to the offer... well... could be a other avenue of investivation... or a booty call... Any which way it went, there was an up-side.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Time: 1745 by end of post.

As Casper, Snoopy, and Fang sit down a waitress comes over and hands Fang a huge mug of coffee in an odd shaped mug. Those who've dealt with dogboys and other mutants recognize a mug meant to make it easier for him to drink based on the shape of his mouth. She asks the humans for their orders and in short order returns with them. Fang stops any questions until he's had half the cup of coffee. Once he's hit the halfway mark, he nods. "Okay, now that I'm warmed up, we can talk." He hears what Casper has to say and nods. He's about to say something when Mane starts his commotion. Snoopy shakes his head and encourages the dogboy to ignore the mess, it's handled. The dogboy looks like he wants to help the girl, then shrugs and slumps in his chair. After taking a long drink of his coffee, he speaks again. "You don't know the half of it. Got a friend who barely escaped this nut job. If you agree to go blindfolded, I'll let you talk to her for as long as she can answer questions. She wants to talk to someone, but I don't have a crew. Or hell, any weapons worth a damn. I'd love to say I want a piece of that asshole, but if I'm being honest I am not in my prime anymore and I'd rather be there for my friend. You and yours can have him."

Mane for his part does get thanked and then politely declined for his efforts. "My boyfriend would get mad, but thanks Mister. If you want, I know a gal, she's into furry guys. Dated a wolfen once. I never understood the mechanics of dating a 9 foot guy with a canine face, but he treated her well - until some hussy of his own race stole him away."
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:17 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 11 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 58

Oh, so close, Drum thinks as he sees Mane make a pass at the waitress. Holy crap, even with the turn down, she wasn't totally disinterested. If he hadn't coughed up that little fur-ball, she might have said yes.

"Next time, lead with, 'Howz youze doing?'" Drum says sub-vocally, "girls really dig the self confidant machismo."

Looking back at Fang and his team in the both, Drum sees that the conversation is going well. He checks his systems to make everything is operation. This is going a little too well, he thinks. Trouble is probably waiting for us as soon as we get out the door.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 90%

Casper listen's to Fang's short spiel. Finally! A lead to somewhere. He nods in affirmation. He doesn't like going blindfolded but with the rest of the team watching he doesn't feel too uncomfortable...yet. "Yes, we'd very much like to hear what she has to say. We're ready when you are."

He follows Fang to whatever location he wants to blindfold him at. "Well, you ready Tex?" and with that he nods to Fang.
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:50 pm

{{{Rolls Carried Over}}}

CS High Command wrote:Mane for his part does get thanked and then politely declined for his efforts. "My boyfriend would get mad, but thanks Mister. If you want, I know a gal, she's into furry guys. ..."

As Mane helped her clean up the mess and assisted her to her feet, he looked the lady in her eyes and gave her a very sincere reply. "Oh how the Lord moves in mysterious ways." the big cat said, keeping in the character of his alias. With his lengthy arm he reached over and grabbed a cocktail napkin off of a nearby table "Why yes, little misses. I'm new I town and would appreciate that very much. If you could jot down her number on this here napkin, I would be much obliged."

With the local phone number secured, he thanked the waitress, apologized one more time, and gave her a heafty tip (20 cr.) for her troubles and helpfulness.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Next time, lead with, 'Howz youze doing?'" Drum says sub-vocally, "girls really dig the self confidant machismo."

"Not a complete loss." Mane said in an almost childish mocking tone over the sub-vocal, a smirk across his face, and holding up the numbers on the cocktail napkin (though not looking in Drumm's direction).

His sensitive kitty hearing then picked up on the last bit of what Casper said...

Casper Wilpepper wrote:He follows Fang to whatever location he wants to blindfold him at. "Well, you ready Tex?" and with that he nods to Fang.

"Heads up, team." Mane announced to the whole unit over the sub-vocal channel, simultaneously tucking the napkin in a secure pocket. "Casper is on the move with the contact."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:18 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 12

Mane wrote:"Heads up, team." Mane announced to the whole unit over the sub-vocal channel, simultaneously tucking the napkin in a secure pocket. "Casper is on the move with the contact."
Hearing that things were going to be moving soon and possibly fast got the scout's heart pumping and put his mind into overdrive. -Are we all going to move as one and reveal our numbers? Are we going to shadow and not try to spook him? Four people meandering about the town all from the same location isn't going to be the least bit suspicious at all.- The sarcasm of his thought brought a quick chuckle as he continued his scan again, this time looking at rooftops to see if above would be a possible tracking position rather than the street. -If the roofs can hold the weight and provide cover it could be possible. IFF's will help as well....could always post up outside after they get where ever they're going. But that leaves them slightly on their own if something does go down on the way.- A soft sigh escapes his lips before an unseen smile spreads as he softly speaks to no one but himself. "That's why the Bossman makes the big bucks."

Skill Rolls
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 95, FAIL] -To look for areas prime for ambush of the group and where to be to ambush the ambusher's.
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 29, PASS] -To keep track of where they're at / which way they are going
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 10, PASS] -To try and predict location based on their direction
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 65, FAIL] -To keep a look out for hostile areas and steer clear if possible.
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 68, PASS] - To try and blend into what shadows are around / make himself less noticeable if possible.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 9, PASS] -To operate the suits systems.
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 38, PASS] -To operate the suits systems.
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 5; 1d100 = 64
Conditions: Cyborg Sensors, Grumpy.

James listens to the team on the channel. "Understood, any thing we should know about?" James asks over the radio.

So the target wants to move somewhere, why? James thinks as he wanders a short way up the street to sell his cover of irritated person waiting. James keeps thinking about the situation, but his mind wanders to other things. Miranda Taylor... technically she is my superior officer, but also, well what were we really? Lovers..? Friends..? strangely complicated coworkers? James shakes his head to clear his thoughts.

"I would love a sit rep from someone who knows something other than it is cold out here." James radios, hand signalling Egan that he wasn't singling him out.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby CS High Command » Thu May 02, 2019 8:49 am

GM NPCing of Snoopy:

Seeing a need for a Sitrep and wanting to voice his own misgivings of being blindfolded, Snoopy mentally keys his subvocal mic and speaks to Fang (and everyone else at once). "So we have to be blindfolded just to go meet this victim? Seems a bit much doesn't it? How did the other psi-hound get away in the first place?"

Fang responds and is picked up by Snoopy's mic well enough, though it is muffled and distant. "Well, dumb luck mostly. A squad of boys from my boss were coming to meet with her and they interrupted the bad guy. She was pretty busted up both physically and mentally. The Blindfold is because the boss won't let me take you through his back halls without it. Sorry."'

Egan and Howlett hear this: "...dumb luck... boys from my boss were coming to meet with her and they interrupted ... was pretty busted up both phys... mentally. The blindfold is ... the boss won't let ... through his ... halls with... it. Sorry."
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 4; 1d100 = 37
Conditions: Cyborg senses, Playing the role.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 4/65% (70% vs Armed Forces Personnel)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 78/35%

CS High Command wrote:"So we have to be blindfolded just to go meet this victim? Seems a bit much doesn't it? How did the other psi-hound get away in the first place?"

James nods with a small smile when Snoopy lets him in on what's happening. Good man.

CS High Command wrote:Egan and Howlett hear this: "...dumb luck... boys from my boss were coming to meet with her and they interrupted ... was pretty busted up both phys... mentally. The blindfold is ... the boss won't let ... through his ... halls with... it. Sorry."

James taps his ear a few times hoping to clear the message up, but sighs when it doesn't. "Alright, we're restructuring. I am moving inside, Grey keep an eye on the front door, if you don't like something, let me know. Preacher and Doug keep position. Codex let Fang know your commander is coming." James says as he gives up on his ruse and makes his way into the bar. James will walk casually as to not make anyone startled. Once with Codex and Snoopy, James smiles. "I'm Doc, these guys are part of my team. So what's this about blindfolds?" James asks in as friendly a tone as he can muster. Black market and criminal organizations are pretty thick around here.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm

((Rolls carried over))

CS High Command wrote:"...dumb luck... boys from my boss were coming to meet with her and they interrupted ... was pretty busted up both phys... mentally. The blindfold is ... the boss won't let ... through his ... halls with... it. Sorry."
With the garbled message coming through from Snoppy's link, Egan thinks about the situation as best as he can. -So it was pure luck we got this lead....and I'm sure whatever it is doing this will not be happy with a potential finger alive to point him/it out. And it kinda sounded like he's going to be taking them through the building to either a secret room or passage out to the location. Shit. Did we get the names or locations of this guys other buildings he owns?-
James Howlett wrote:"Alright, we're restructuring. I am moving inside, Grey keep an eye on the front door, if you don't like something, let me know. Preacher and Doug keep position. Codex let Fang know your commander is coming."
"Got everything but the stage door covered." was the scout's quick reply over the sub-vocal comms as the Doc made his way inside. -I guess if it is a passage elsewhere I can try and follow above ground, well, as long as the IFF's don't get jammed.-
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri May 03, 2019 2:58 pm

Time: 1748 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

Codex lets Fang know his boss is coming in and Fang instinctively responds to the attitude and bearing of an officer as genetic instinct takes over. Without meaning to he adopts a slightly conciliatory mein. "Hey, it's not my rules. If you want to discuss it though, you and your team should probably join me in the private room. All of them or they can't come. I'll grab the boss to discuss getting you to see her."

Snoopy looks to Howlett and speaks quietly, barely loud enough for him to hear. "As much as this sounds like fun, permission to go back and record our findings with our friends? I'm sure they'd like an update." He waits for Howlett's permission before departing for his hovercycle to make his way back to the staging area to file a report.

The private room has doors that can be closed, and those who check can definitely see where there is a rolldown shutter in case of emergencies, but they can also see releases, so it would be a poor trap. Regardless though, Mane and Drummond could bust through it ease. More concerning is the possibility of gasing or using explosives on the squad. Given most of them are in body armor or can seal up, gas seems of lesser concern. And most people won't willingly blow up their own businesses.

Bar Owner
A man steps in with Fang. He speaks with a heavy Chi-town accent and looks only at Howlett, though he notes all that are present. "I own the place. Call me Mr. Oliver. Fang says you want to help find the nut job that hurt his lady friend. I don't have a problem with that. I'll get you over quick and easy. Problem is to get there requires using some proprietary routes of mine, and I'm not keen on anyone not mine getting access to them. I wish we could move the lady friend, but honestly, she's too busted up. I checked on ya, best I could. Name Codex I've heard. Bit of a low name player in the information game. You guys are new, but got a solid rep on the ICMN, so you're good with me. Hell, I might offer a bounty just to sweeten the pot on this asshole. Nothing big like you have to be chasing to go after him, but a little icing. Call it something to sooth your hurt feelings over a total blackout getting to where we're going. If that's good, I'll call transport immediately. If you need a moment to call in anyone else, let me know so I can make arrangements for the right number."
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Mane » Tue May 07, 2019 12:44 am

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 33
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 15

As his teammate was being escorted out of the bar by Fang, Mane started to establish the pretense of his exit without raising suspicions. He looked hard at the door for the imaginary person who he was waiting for, then looked at his wrist watch (even though he doesn't wear one), back at the door, and gave a slightly impatient grunt.

Mane then reached inside of his coat pocket and withdrew a cell phone (of course he doesn't have a cell phone, so any object in there of close-enough size will do; the obfuscation well concealed by his massive hands).

Playing it up, the big cat then held it up while staring at the "phone" and moving around as if looking for a better reception. "Damnit... I got no bars of service in here." he said just loudly enough to be overheard by nearby people including the bartender.

His pretense established, Mane stood ready to go on the move.

But then Howlett made his move.

James Howlett wrote:"Alright, we're restructuring. I am moving inside, Grey keep an eye on the front door, if you don't like something, let me know. Preacher and Doug keep position. Codex let Fang know your commander is coming."

"Copy, team leader. But be advised, just say the word and I can follow by rooftop unobserved Tick-style, but a lot more subtle." Mane replied on the team sub-vocal channel.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue May 07, 2019 7:52 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 48 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 56

The cyborg listens to the chatter over the comms. He finishes his drink and orders another. He holds the glass up to his eye as if he knew what he was looking for and takes another sip, letting a smile cross his face to show his enjoyment. He makes a show of watching Mane along with everyone else, shaking his head at what he sees, as if he can't believe the amount of a machismo the cat man is demonstrating.

He watches Mane stage his exit, Do I go, or do I stay? I can't do what Mane does, and it doesn't seem like it's time to break things. I'll just have to play it cool. When Doc says to hold position, Drum relaxes a bit, and he does his best to watch him go with Fang and Codex into the backroom. He attempts to keep tabs on their thermal signatures. When they star to move again, Drum keys his radio, "Blackwood still at the bar, hold position or fall in, sir?"
Drummond Leighton

Postby James Howlett » Sat May 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 99
Conditions: Cyborg senses.

James looks to the newly arrived boss and nods. "Mr. Oliver. There will be three of us going." James looks to Mane. "Preacher, if you would join us please." James says while mentally keying open his radio implant to the general team frequency. "Keep an eye on things here for a bit and disperse back to camp." James says before mentally turning off his radio.

"Whenever you are ready Mr. Oliver." James says.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Sun May 12, 2019 7:28 am

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 30

Egan watches as the Doc moves into the building to speak with the contact. -Well, here we go.- the thought flits through his head as the door closes behind James. As things progress inside, the scout still tries to sell himself as a man now seeming to contemplate his next course of action. Maybe entering the bar and drinking his worries away....or maybe just going home where ever that might be and facing whatever music that awaits him there. He continues his scanning of the surrounding area as the next radio transmission comes in.
James Howlett wrote:"Keep an eye on things here for a bit and disperse back to camp."
"Done." was the one word sub-vocal reply. -If he's confident that only the two of them need to go for this meeting that must be a good sign. I don't like that we need to RTB rather than shadow, but if that's what he wants...-

Egan gives the act a few more minutes after they leave for the meeting before starting to move towards the front door of the bar. After a couple of steps the scout stops for a moment before shaking his head and then turning and moving off in a different direction and returning to base to await the call.
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 am

(rolls carried)

James Howlett wrote:James says while mentally keying open his radio implant to the general team frequency. "Keep an eye on things here for a bit and disperse back to camp." James says before mentally turning off his radio.

Drum casually looks Doc over as he walks through the bar to the back, just like he has with every other person in there, but otherwise doesn't acknowledge him. When the message comes on the radio to wait and return to base, Drum sub-vocalizes, "Acknowledged."

He waits a good ten minutes before moving from his spot. He nods at the bartender, and lifts a hand, servos making a low whizzing sound as it comes up, and says "Thanks. Good night." He wanders out of the bar. With a general carefree attitude imparted by having a full combat cyborg chassis, he saunters out into the night. He wanders down various streets, his multi-optic eyes picking up the details from within the shadows. Watching both people and animals scurry in the dark. He checks out the sights for another thirty minutes before making the zig-zag track back to their base of operations.
Drummond Leighton

Postby CS High Command » Tue May 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Time: 1800 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.

(Group 1: Doc, Codex, and Preacher)
    Location: Unknown, but currently in The Free City of Hammond inside a warehouse.
Mr. Oliver nods. "So be it. If you want a beer while you wait, let the server know. It'll be ten or fifteen minutes." In fifteen minutes a hover van pulls up outside with no windows. The three of them plus Fang get in. Once the doors close, they realize all outside electronics and signals of any sort are gone while in the cargo area of the van (think a box van, with a seperate cab). There is a light inside and the seats have belts, and are sturdy. The ride is comfortable for being in the cargo area of a van. Any internal trackers are knocked out of whack by the signal blockers and frequent turns and altitude changes. Mane is certain at one point they were over water. Fang does not seem put out by the ride, rather taking it as one he's had to do multiple times.

After a 25 minute ride, the van shuts off and the doors open. Outside the vehicle is a closed warehouse. There is a closed off room which is heated (the warehouse is not heated, though it is relatively insulated from the cold wind outside). Inside are some obvious medical equipment and an isolation room and someone overseeing treatment of a patient. Not much else is obvious from where the team exits the vehicle. There are only the crew of the vehicle and no obvious doors out.

Fang looks at the three of you. "Now I should warn you, Leelee is really scared pretty much all the time. This guy tortured her mentally, psychically and physically. He was slicing off pieces of her when he was interrupted. She's real conscious about her appearance, so try not to make too much of a deal about it. Not sure how much you've dealt with trauma survivors, but go easy on her when you ask questions. Whenever we asked her questions about the monster who did this, she ends up babbling incoherently. So we just stopped and we've been working on treating her instead. Our medic is not a doctor, so it's mostly been IRMSS and RMKs doing the job of healing her, which means its slow. We're doing all we can just to make her comfortable. There's a chance of her going catatonic if you push her too much. So please, go easy."

With that, he leads you all up to her, knocking lightly before opening the partition. The medic is in the room with her, applying some small device. "Hey Leelee. I have some people that need to ask you some questions. They want to help us." The female psi-hound inside is a patchwork of missing fur, missing skin, exposed muscle (gratefully healing, if slowly; a Cleaner surgical bot just got done cleaning the wound so it can be rebandaged). Her eyes dart to the group fearfully, especially Mane's imposing bulk, and the fearful blankness of their men's helmets. "What do you want? And can he finish bandaging me please?" There are wounds on her neck, arms, legs, back, abdomen, chest, and face. She is stuck full of IVs, and she winces as she clenches too tightly around one.
GM Note
Include any relevant skill checks you think may help

(Group 2: Egan and Drum)
Location: The Free City of Hammond on a side street heading back to base.
Drum and Egan end up joining up around where they parked their hoverbikes. The two mount up and are heading back to base when they get a call over squad comms. It's Snoopy. "Doug, Grayson, what's the status?" Once hearing they were RTB, he breaks in. "Good, I'm transmitting some coordinates. We had a shipment incoming, and it just crashed a bit away from you. I need you to head over and help them RTB. Not sure why they went down either. Could be hostiles. Take care and keep your nose clean. It's in the no-man's land area and we don't need those C.S. patrols thinking we're trying to invade or smuggle." The coordinates are in the zone between occupied Old Chicago and Hammond. Whipping their bikes about, they can make good time, even with the biting wind. The comment about the C.S. was obviously for anyone listening, but it was a fair point. All they needed was some overeager newbie officer shooting at smugglers and their 'scum friends' who came to rescue them.

(Group 2: Culter and Madox)
Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land, five to six miles northwest of Egan and Drum
The past few weeks have been interesting, to say the least. Madox was originally meant to be a part of the non-Psi-Bat half of where the 110th went. Ford, Freeman, and a few others had been assigned to other units after the 110th was retired as a unit. Those assigned to it now would simply be propaganda operatives, using the storied history of the 110th to sell special forces to the masses in a variety of shows. Real mission data was given a cover and new people took on the personas assigned to them. Enough to pass muster for the cameras. "The names are changed, but the mission is real," is what the narrator says at the beginning of each show. Military recruitment, especially for the ISS and Special Forces, has gone up 5% since it started airing. For Madox it's a bit disorienting. One minute he's a consultant on the show, the next he's being sent to Old Chicago for an assignment, and the next he's sent to another base and outfitted like a merc and told he'll accompany a Psi-Bat psychic and two experimental dog-boys - zapper dogboys, with their human zapper overseer. On the plus side, the armor Madox is in has been triple insulated and hardened against any EMP blast, as has their vehicle - a modified civilian hoverjet transport.

Culter, for his part, has been training these two experimental dogboy's for the past week. They are coming into their own as zappers. He was recently given new orders and told to deliver those mutants to a team that needs them in the field. He's been told Maddox is in command until they are in the field, where he will answer to the officers in the team. He's been given the standard spiel about special ops work. Some of it he's familiar with as a commando, others are less obvious: No saluting in the field (sniper bait and a death sentence for the officer), use code- and nicknames only, operational security will save your life, never talk about the CS while undercover, etc.

There isn't much talking as the group flies along in the sturdy civilian van-shaped hovercraft. The dogboys are driving and both Culter and Madox are loading into their power armor as they approach the city where they are to drop off the psi-hounds and join the team in the field as backup. They have just locked into and activated their suits (which are grasping an overhead rail to steady the armor) when there is a sudden explosion from the engines below and behind them. "Brace for impact!" calls one of the psi-hounds. And several bone jarring moments later, their craft comes to a halt. The men are hanging by their magnetically locked feet and their power armor's hands gripping the rails above them. The whole vehicle is planted in the ground, nose first. It's very obvious that neither dogboy survived the crash based on how their heads are splayed and twisted. On the plus side, neither suffered or really felt anything. The doors are locked and there are the sounds of fire, sparking, and groaning metal everywhere. Madox puts out a distress call giving their location to someone on the other end he recognizes (Snoopy) calling himself Tex. He also reports their ignorance of why they crashed and what the disposition of any enemy forces is. Neither man has yet dared to try and move, but both know they need to exit the craft. They only hope it wasn't some overzealous CS Patrol, or worse, bandits.

There isn't much time before the fuel will go up. The two of them must escape.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Karl » Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Per: 1d20+3 = 23 (Ok wasn't aware of the HR on perception. New PER Roll: 55% 1d100 = 52 )
JIC: 1d20 = 201d100 = 88
Land Navigation 69% 1d100 = 91 (Try to properly orient self to location of objective)
Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 30 (Check out flight systems etc)
Weapon Systems 77% 1d100 = 52 (Check out weapon systems)
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 22 (Scan for hostiles)

OOC Comments
Combat JIC Rolls:
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 311d20+11 = 241d20+11 = 301d20+11 = 171d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 301d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 19

Karl wasn't particularly sad to see the job as a consultant go. He 'got' that it was important to the CS war machine in it's own way, so he'd done his job as best he could. Using his tech expertise, the events of his own adventures, ideas he'd managed to think up among other things to help the show do well. But it wasn't what he wanted to do. The life and job might be pretty cushy compared to being out in the field, but that was just it. It wasn't out in the field. It wasn't where the action was. It sidelined him from the kinds of things he'd really wanted to be doing. So, when he got reassigned in a snap to an active job again, he was pretty chipper about it. Sure it wasn't more than an escort job as he saw it. But it was at least something.

Hell maybe he'd see some action while he was out here....

Then the sudden bang of the engines and the warning of the craft going down. "Great." He'd mutter to himself, not realizing he'd spoke aloud. "Just had to think it...." he'd then sigh, brace himself as he was trained and then just.. waited. The crash was hard enough to make his suit slide a bit despite it's locked down state. That didn't worry him overly much. Hell it was a gentler landing than he'd sort of though. Of course that was until he saw what was left of the dogboys. Well that figures, he'd resignedly think to himself. After sending off the distress call, and having it answered by a voice he'd never thought he'd hear again he'd perk up again, just a little bit. "Well, at least we got friendlies in the area." he'd say aloud over the short range coms to Cutler. "Dogs are dead though. So scratch that one."

Karl would take a moment to assess their situation before checking his weapon and ammo feed and then looking over to Cutler. "Alright, check your ammo, check your suit. When you're ready, I'll lead the way. If anyone shoots at us, hold your fire till I give the word or open fire." he'd then move to grab the dead dogboy's tags or what ever they might have in that regard before moving up to the exit. "Alright, get ready...."

Once he got the signal from Cutler, Karl would unlock then kick open the doors before jetting out of the crashed vehicle, bringing his sensors into focus on his HUD at the same time to start scanning for signs of hostiles.
Last edited by Karl on Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Culter » Fri May 17, 2019 8:13 am

JiC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 74
Perception: 1d100 = 35/41% (+25% to Electrical anything) (+25 IFF) (+10 Disguised Enemy)
Pilot, Robot and Power Armor: 1d100 = 58/66%
Military Tactics: 1d100 = 52/45% (Determine if raiders or overzealous coalition)
Weapon Systems: 1d100 = 88/55% (Identify types of weapon fire outside)

Culter for his part was pleased with the progress his two Zapper Dog-Boys have shown and is looking forward to meeting his new team. I wonder how this unit operates beyond normal regs; bad-asses or jack-asses; each unit is different, and what about this sergeant. He thinks to himself while securing his rig.

Zappy the Dogboy wrote:"Brace for impact!"

Shit! He thinks and does his best to relax and let the secured rig hold him as to not jar himself by tensing up. After the crash, he shakes his head and immediately looks to his two charges and sighs when he sees their fate. When the sergeant finishes the distress call and mentions the dog-boys, his right hand clenches into a fist as he mutters to the dog-boys; "You deserved better." He sighs and adds "Hopefully the friendlies are as good or better than whoever took out our engines." Culter says quietly, responding more like a mercenary than a soldier in response to the gunfire outside.

Karl wrote:"Alright, check your ammo, check your suit. When you're ready, I'll lead the way. If anyone shoots at us, hold your fire till I give the word or open fire." ... "Alright, get ready...."

Culter gives a thumbs up as he runs a quick check on his rig and weapon system. Then he lifts his rifle to the low ready and stands stacked near the door, turning to Karl. "Ready."

Combat Contingency
APM 6
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19

Unless ordered or under extreme duress, Culter will avoid firing and stick to cover away from explosive crash. If he feels direct gunfire hit near or actually hit him or Karl, he will activate his telekinetic force field behind them granting a temporary barrier until they reach cover, following Karl's lead and using the barrier to shield any incoming fire from behind as necessary.

Dodges, 5 dedicated: 1d20+5 = 15 / 1d20+5 = 24 /1d20+5 = 6 / 1d20+5 = 11 / 1d20+5 = 11 / 1d20+5 = 13

5 of 6 Actions dedicated to dodging and moving away, remaining action will pop up whenever he or Karl take fire in order to activate his force field as a buffer. If unneeded, dodging and moving away.
===

If given the okay to open up on any enemies he will first find cover, find his targets and fire; he will avoid using other psionic abilities until needed.

1 APM to Dodge: 1d20+5 = 21

Action 1: Find cover, sticking to the ground for now (Will go airborne if more tactically suitable)
Action 2: Acquire Targets
Action 3: Fire a HE mini-torpedo (if works above water) towards the closest grouping of targets. Strike: 1d20+5 = 25, DMG: 2d4*10 = 50
Action 3, other: Fire Ion Rifle, heavy shot at closest target to start if torpedo system not applicable. Strike: 1d20+5 = 17, DMG: 4d6 = 8
Action 4: Heavy Ion shot. Strike: 1d20+5 = 8, DMG: 4d6 = 13
Action 5: Heavy Ion shot. Strike: 1d20+5 = 15, DMG: 4d6 = 22

Note: If Culter feels or senses a pending explosion he will immediately raise the telekinetic force field into a barrier wall to cover himself and Karl as they book it.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 30
Conditions: Full on Doctor mode.

Skills
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 38/65% (70% vs Armed Forces Personnel) (To gain her Trust; don't know if she's freeborn or not.)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 82/35% (To raise hr mood for medical help)
Medical Doctor
• Diagnosis: 1d100 = 64/129% (James is doing a full examination.)
• Treatment: 1d100 = 61/119% (James does what is needed.)
M.D. in Cybernetics & Bionics
• Diagnosis: 1d100 = 90/119% (James checks if she has any need for help with this, as he is unsure if she has cyberware.)
• Surgery: 1d100 = 12/139% (To work on any problems that may need fixing.)
Pathology 1d100 = 21/119% (Does a full blood work with his personal kit.)
Genetics 1d100 = 64/72% (Runs her Genetics versus known parameters.)
Clinical Genetics 1d100 = 34/79% (To make any necessary changes to improve her health.)
Psychology 1d100 = 5/74% (To try and ease her anxiety and suffering.)
Chemistry: Pharmaceutical 1d100 = 81/104% (To fabricate any necessary drugs she may need.)

CS High Command wrote:"Hey Leelee. I have some people that need to ask you some questions. They want to help us." The female psi-hound inside is a patchwork of missing fur, missing skin, exposed muscle (gratefully healing, if slowly; a Cleaner surgical bot just got done cleaning the wound so it can be rebandaged). Her eyes dart to the group fearfully, especially Mane's imposing bulk, and the fearful blankness of their men's helmets. "What do you want? And can he finish bandaging me please?" There are wounds on her neck, arms, legs, back, abdomen, chest, and face. She is stuck full of IVs, and she winces as she clenches too tightly around one.

James nods. "Hello there Leelee, I am James, but everyone calls me Doc. I know you don't have any reason to trust me or my companions, but we really do want to help. With your permission I would like to offer you treatment. I know they have been trying real hard to patch you up, but the automated devices can only do so much. I know you have no way to prove it, but I am a very good doctor." James says in a soft and kind voice, one that his teammates rarely or never hear.

If Leelee grants him permission, James will go to work treating her as well as he would treat one of his own team. Though for Leelee's sake he will explain calmly everything he is doing, in terms even someone unversed in medicine can understand. James does something very different with Leelee that he doesn't do with his own team, he uses what can only be described as a pleasant bedside manner. Not his usual brusk style. Once James has run a his tests and made the treatments he can, he will let Mr. Oliver know what drugs or other items may be needed to help her recovery.

If Leelee doesn't grant permission, James will nod at her. "We will wait for when you are ready then." James says in soft friendly tones.

In either case; Once the situation is cleared James will ask his first questions. "I know this is a difficult situation, and I sympathize with your plight. I will try to keep the questions short and respect if you don't want to answer them. I will let you know this first though, my team and I are going to find this monster and end him." James says softly but with conviction.

"Where were you when you were attacked?" James asks, giving her all the time she needs to answer.

"Did you see what he looked like, and if so what did he look like?" James asks, again giving Leelee as much times as she needs to answer.

"Did he take you anywhere, and if so where?" James asks, knowing he is nearing the end of likely viable questions.

James looks to Codex and Mane. "Anything you can think of to ask her?" James asks, giving each man a look that states the precariousness of the situation.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 5 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d100 = 61, 1d100 = 26

Drum jogs after Egan on his hovercycle (Doesn't have hovercycle skill, does have jet pack skill). Since the pair aren't in a sprint, his cyborg legs easily keep up with the hovercycle.

NPC Snoopy wrote:"Doug, Grayson, what's the status?" Once hearing they were RTB, he breaks in. "Good, I'm transmitting some coordinates. We had a shipment incoming, and it just crashed a bit away from you. I need you to head over and help them RTB. Not sure why they went down either. Could be hostiles. Take care and keep your nose clean. It's in the no-man's land area and we don't need those C.S. patrols thinking we're trying to invade or smuggle." The coordinates are in the zone between occupied Old Chicago and Hammond. Whipping their bikes about, they can make good time, even with the biting wind. The comment about the C.S. was obviously for anyone listening, but it was a fair point. All they needed was some overeager newbie officer shooting at smugglers and their 'scum friends' who came to rescue them.

Radio: Basic 74% vs 1d100 = 69 | Pass | Using the radio under stressful conditions
Land Navigation: 59% vs 1d100 = 79 | Fail | Not get lost
Sensory Equipment: 45% 1d100 = 47 vs | Fail | Put in coordinates

Electronics: Basic 45% vs 1d100 = 11 | Pass | Use HUD
Salvage 60% vs 1d100 = 42 | Pass | Examine wreckage

Field Armorer & Munition Export 65% vs 1d100 = 77 | Fail | Examine wreckage

"Copy that, we are on it!" Drum says over the comm. His body accelerates, mechanical legs extending cover huge patches of ground with each step. Crap. Egan should have seniority, right? Ah I hope he's not pissed. As he runs, he pulls up the map onto his HUD and enters the coordinates and waits for them to pop up on the map. A shipment? And it crashed in the badlands, great. We could be attacked by those who took it down, or if really unlucky anyone trapped inside with a itchy trigger finger. Botching the work with his hud, he slows down and says, "Grayson, I am not sure where were headed, I'll follow your lead."

Arriving at the scene, Drum slows down a cloud of dust surrounding him. His multi-optic eyes take in the scene and uses his trained eye at looking at the wreckage what can and cannot be saved.

He says over the radio, "I am going to approach the crash and find out if anyone is still inside."

When/if he spots the two people stuck inside the fuselage, he sprints over to it and attempts to find an entrance, prying one open with his robotic strength if needed. He shouts, "Hello in there! My companion and I are going to try and get you out of there!"
Drummond Leighton

Postby Egan Grey » Fri May 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 99

Skill List:
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 3, PASS] -Working the radio as needed
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 42, PASS] -Finding the best path to the area
    [Pilot: Hovercycles / Skycycles / Rocket bikes – 112%, 1d100 = 22, PASS] -Keeping the bike in the air
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 30, PASS] -Trying to remember active hostiles that may have been reported in that area
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 34, PASS] -Keeping an eye out for ambushers
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 28, PASS] -Operating the suits systems at peak efficiency
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 95, FAIL] -Operating the bikes systems at peak efficiency
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 97, FAIL] -Operating the suits systems at peak efficiency
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 78, PASS] -Once in the area and no visible hostiles are discovered, looking for tracks if it wasn't natural
    [Track & Trap: Animals – 80%, 1d100 = 3, PASS] -Once in the area, checking for big critters that could make our day worse
    [Weapon Systems - 55%, 1d100 = 94, FAIL] -Weapons hot
Egan was putting alongside the combat borg on their way back to base when the call from Snoopy came in. -So much for kicking back, putting my feet up and maybe enjoying a nice cold beer while waiting for the Doc to get back with the info.- The scout shrugs his shoulders while lifting his free hand up to the sky as if to ask what he did to deserve this kind of treatment. During this over-embellished act, Drum responded to the new orders as Egan went to work figuring out how to get there from here. His attempt at putting the provided coordinates into the bikes system ended up pointing him in the exact opposite direction. -Damn it, must of fat fingered the numbers because I know its over that way. - "We want to go that way." Egan says as he points in the direction of the coordinates and sets his speed to keep pace with the Borg. Drum's sluggish speed of about ninety miles per hour makes the trip quite short even after having to weave around some places instead of traveling as the crow flies like the bike could have.

Once they get in the area, Egan tries to take in the scene as much as possible checking for possible ambushes and tracks. "Careful Doug, I knew a sick fuck that would love to wound people to get their friends to come help, only to become targets themselves." Egan radios to the combat borg as he takes the sights in. -I'm glad his ass got eaten when he last pulled that shit...sadistic son of a bitch.-

Action?
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23
APM: 8
Taking stock of the situation and finding where the friendlies are if they're still mobile and buzzing heads to try and deter firing at those retreating.
Dodges as needed(Add +3 to the number if Sixth Sense gets activated): 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 26
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 100

Casper approves of James' bedside manner. He listens to James lay out the interview. When provided the opportunity adds to the questions.

"is there anything suspicious you remember when taking the job? Any pieces that were out of place? Working with a new client?
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:49 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 97
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 35

Mane fiddled with his imaginary phone preparing to make his exit. "Oh this damn thing." he said aloud enough to be overheard by other nearby patrons and the bartender, keeping up his pretense and cover. "I may have to step outside for a bit."

And then the call came.

James Howlett wrote:James looks to Mane. "Preacher, if you would join us please."

Holding his imaginary phone up, Mane began to walk towards the door. When he got outside the big cat dropped the pretense and put the object back in his pocket. How well it maintained his cover for possible later future use depended greatly upon the drunkenness of the crowd and the convincingess this of his act.

When the van came Mane hopped in with the other two keeping an eye out for trouble as best he could. The ride made him nervous as he did not like not being in control of the situation. Just the same the murder-mutant maintained his cool; as cool as the cat he was.

When they arrived at the destination Mane continued to keep an eye out for trouble in case this was some sort of ambush. However when he entered the building and saw the sorry shape of Leelee Mane knew that this was the real deal and they were in the right place.

Innately understanding when it was time to shut up, Mane stood there and let Howlett do the talkin. As he did so, Mane examined the wounded dog placing himself in the mind of her would-be killer. How's the wounds she suffered would make her an ideal trophy, or not.

Leather Working (90% base): 1d100 = 37
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides (75% base) 1d100 = 93

James Howlett wrote:James looks to Codex and Mane. "Anything you can think of to ask her?" James asks, giving each man a look that states the precariousness of the situation.

While the boss gave her some comfort and asked all the right questions, Mane saw an opening to give her one additional thing; the thing he sensed she feared would never come: justice.

The hulking Battlecat carefully approached her as to not cause alarm and crouched down beside the wounded dog on his haunches. In a soft but very alpha tone, he spoke to her. "Leelee, I want you to know this monster will never hurt you ever again. When I find him, I'm going to inflict all manner of pain and suffering upon his person. When I'm done with him, he will beg for death... and then I'm going to hurt him some more. I can never undo the harm he's done to you, but if it gives you any comfort at all, know that he will die in absolute anguish. Justice will be done. But to do that, we need to know what he looks like. What he smells like. Did you pick up an odd aura or bad juju? Can you help us with that?"

The more the murderous cat spoke, the more his behavioral modification implant buzzed and shocked inside his skull. The device clearly disapproved of this manner of think and speak. Mane did his best to ignore it.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum