This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby CS High Command » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:56 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash (Group 1: Madox, Culter, Grey, and Drummond)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Time: 1802 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land

Culter and Madox find there is little to recover of the dogboys aside from their tags. If their situation as different they might give them a decent burial and salvage their gear, but for now the best they can offer is a plasma explosive pyre. The tags are recovered and stowed before they go to leave the cramped space of the hover vehicle. Both men are each forced to kick a door open to exit as traversing the APC was not something it was designed for. It would take a few minutes to cut out seats and harnesses to allow it. It was not designed with carrying power armor, after all, but cargo. Their extra gear then gets tossed into cover before they head there themselves. Before leaving the wreck, and per orders, Karl activates the self destruct, trusting it to incinerate the bodies of the dogboys and their gear.

Both men RV on one side and stick the doors into the ground as cover, and pause behind the makeshift barricade. A quick scan reveals nothing of note, but they can easily see the telltale signs of heavy radar activity for anything over 50 feet in the air. They see no IFF, even the kind the commandos and special forces use.

Thinking on how they got here, both men involuntarily think on the structure of a special forces company. A typical Special Forces platoon is made up of one squad (6-10 soldiers) of Special Operators, along with one squad's worth of dedicated logistics support (usually attached to their armory and garage), one squad of dedicated intel analysts led by a lead analyst who reports to the company commander, and one squad of dedicated combat support types. It is rare for the operators to deal with their analysts directly, and it is common for the ranks involved to go well beyond the norm for company and platoon levels. Having a Major or Lt. Colonel in charge of a company is not uncommon. Special Forces units tend to operate as irregulars, with little support outside of their own units.

Kulter, Madox, and the two dogboys had recently joined the 4th squad of the 40-4th as combat support personnel. They had not been introduced to their squad leader, as he was on manuevers when they were brought on board. Indeed, they had been part of 3rd Platoon until the past few days. As a combat support squad, they were the ones usually tasked with holding secondary objectives, pulling first squad out of the fire, etc. While 4th Platoon had a very well developed intelligence and logistics squad, their combat support team had been slow to be formed. Madox had been told that until he was relieved, he was in command of 4th squad. Of course that had meant more when there were four of them.

With no targets in sight and no incoming fire, both men are left wondering if they should just scoot along at nape of earth to get to their RV point, or wait for reinforcements. About then, they notice a couple of trails of snow plumes in two different directions (Southeast and West). Whatever the case, they were both heading to their location fast! But on the plus side, one of them is pinging their IFF system. But due to the same plumes of snow that mark their approach, neither party can be correctly identified.

-----

Egan and Drum approach on their hovercycle and jet pack. Both approach at close to 150 mph, intent on closing the five mile distance. It takes less than 2 minutes. They get in around 2000 feet (about .4 miles) before they slow their approach. At that point their optics and gun ranges are close enough to matter. They can see that the doors are off the hover vehicle, which is planted nose first in the ground like an overgrown lawn dart. The doors are planted in the ground like a pair of walls right about the time a plasma inferno goes off cooking the interior. Both men can see a pair of northern gun power armor crouching behind the door barrier they've set up behind the tail of the hoverjet (which looks basically like a slightly more aerodynamic cargo van). Now that they are this close, the two men's IFF beacon's light up. Their own are currently in standby mode. Activating it is easy, and doing so will allow the stranded soldiers to know where there rescuers are. But beyond the wreck, the two also spot a plume of snow from the travel of another hover vehicle or vehicles. The same plume that marks their location also masks precisely what they are as well.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Culter » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 am

JiC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 96
Perception [41%+25%/IFF]: 1d100 = 26
Detect Ambush [55%]: 1d100 = 36
Intelligence [40%]: 1d100 = 38
Military Tactics [45%]: 1d100 = 25

After Culter feels the ping on his IFF system, he feels slightly relieved. At least this isn't a repeat of the base attack. He thinks to himself and glances to Karl.

"We've got incoming, friendlies and unknown it looks like, can't tell which is which yet." Culter says, queuing his sub-vocal so only Karl can hear him. "We can ping to the incoming friendlies and the unknown incoming shouldn't know that anyone survived the wreckage unless they are tagged to our system..." He pauses and checks his power armor systems as well as his own mental readiness.
Regardless of what Karl responds with, Culter will finish with, "Following your lead, Karl."
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:54 am

JIC: 1d20 = 161d100 = 67
Perception 55%:1d100 = 70
Radio Basic 92%:1d100 = 71
Electronic Countermeasures 72%:1d100 = 57
Land Navigation 69%:1d100 = 69
Intelligence 64%:1d100 = 70
Pilot Robots & PA 85%:1d100 = 92
Prowl 72%:1d100 = 5
Military Etiquette: 42%:1d100 = 34
Sensory Equipment 62%:1d100 = 68

"Good point." Karl responded to Cutler in regards to the concerns on the potential of friendlies and hostiles. At this point Karl firmly decided that they'd been shot down, or at least, mathematically the odds were highly against it being a mere coincidence, and Occam's Razor made the assumption pretty damn likely. "Keep low, keep your jets off. See that snow they are kicking up? Let's relocate further away but try to keep your trail down. They'll spot it once they're closer but it still might give us time to get the jump if we need and keep your sensors passive." he suggested before trying to look for a better vantage point to set up on. He'd try to additionally remember what the best way was to try to establish communications in a scenario like this. He was a mechanic more than anything, technically at least, and he wasn't used to leading others on top of that so he wanted to be sure he tried to keep it all by the book for now. The talk of pings and hostiles though had him quickly thinking along those lines and he'd turn to his systems to try to figure out if there was some good way to try to tell friendly from foe sooner rather than later. He'd managed to pull off some neat tricks in the past like when he was a POW, maybe something similar could be used here. Then there was the issue of identifying just what was approaching them. "I'll lead and switch to active sensors first, so keep some distance from me since I'll be the primary target at that point." Karl wasn't sure how good a shot his partner was, but, well, when dealing with a zapper, was accuracy really the first thing to think of? Hell no. Karl might not be anywhere near the same grade as Cutler, but he was still a psychic himself, however weak. That gave him some good insight at least into ideas on how to best put that to use.

Either way Karl decided he'd wait until the contacts were closer before going 'hot' to get more information from his sensor systems to try to pick out friend from foe and, more importantly, get some idea of what they were going to be up against. He also kept in the back of his mind the strong possibility that this was just a scouting element. Where scouts were, larger forces were often not far behind so he also knew they'd have to bug out pretty quickly too. If they could knock out a few OPFOR on the way, so much the better, but for now the goal was survival and linking up with friendlies. The rest could wait.

Two things then also struck Karl. First, was that, this was the second time in a row now he'd basically 'met' friendlies while in the middle of a bad situation, and secondly, as much as the situation sucked.... I missed this...
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 71 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 5

Pilot Jetpack: 74% vs 1d100 = 1 | Stay in the air | Pass
Read Sensory Equipment 45% vs 1d100 = 100 | Identify IIF | Fail

It's only have way to the crash site that the extra weight he's been carrying the whole night was a T-100 jetpack. He radio's Egan, "Okay, I feel dumb, I've been lugging this jetpack with me. It must be the new chassis I've been issued, I hadn't noticed attached to the armor." He activates the pack and lifts off into the air. He signals his readiness as he follows Egan at a faster pace. Feeling the tug of the thrust as his bionic body orients it self for flight, Drum grins under his face plate. This Triax jetpack is pretty cool, I can see the thrust is higher than normal which is understandable given my mass, but I am no where near max. The last one I had wasn't much faster than what I could do running, it just gave me a z axis option when chasing down some critter.

As they approach the crash sight, he gives the downed hovercraft a critical eye towards salvage, but other than true scrap nothing a value is going to be obtained once he sees the vehicle explode. The focus of the explosion makes Drum think it might have been deliberate. "That looks like a self-destruct type explosion, we may have survivors on the ground."

When the HUD in Drum's armor opens a virtual window with an IFF signal found, Drum asks, "Sarge, I don't recognize the IIF, do you want to acknowledge the signal, or drop down to the ground and go forward on foot first? It looks like someone else is taking an interest in the crash as well."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:18 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 33

Drummond Leighton wrote: "Okay, I feel dumb, I've been lugging this jetpack with me. It must be the new chassis I've been issued, I hadn't noticed attached to the armor."
"Well son of a...." Comes the scouts dry reply over the comms to the combat borg's realization. "That makes two of us. You'd think that I would have noticed before now." As Drum takes to the air, Egan matches his speed and takes the direct route to the crash. -How the hell did I miss something that blatant? It's a fricken Jet pack...-

As they continued their approach towards the wreckage and it goes up like a torch, Egan catches sight of the two in power armor hiding behind some doors off the transport.
Drummond Leighton wrote:"That looks like a self-destruct type explosion, we may have survivors on the ground."...."Sarge, I don't recognize the IIF, do you want to acknowledge the signal, or drop down to the ground and go forward on foot first? It looks like someone else is taking an interest in the crash as well."
Egan finds himself smiling at the flaming wreckage as he responds to the borg. "Denial protocol, hopefully set by those two moving away from the wreckage now. Flash your IFF briefly, we might be scaring them and I'd rather not get shot with that other group coming this way. I'm gonna try a directional message." -Not sure if these guys have our codes for the encrypted channels so I'm just going to have to try a short range directional blast and hope.- Switching his radio over to directional, Egan beams a message at the two moving away from the wreck. "Yo, I certainly hope you saved the Doc's Whiskey from that fireball, otherwise he's not likely to patch us up anymore if we fail to deliver." -Actually, I don't remember seeing the Doc drinking as much since he met her....-

Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 82, PASS] -To beam a directional message
    [Pilot: Hovercycles / Skycycles / Rocket bikes – 112%, 1d100 = 92, PASS] -keep on moving
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 28, PASS] -To try and determine type and speed of those coming closer
    [Detect Ambush (6th) - 55%, 1d100 = 34, PASS] -To keep an eye out for others moving around
    [Sensory Equipment (EP @ 7th) - 45%, 1d100 = 65, FAIL] -Running the bikes systems
    [Optic Systems (EP @ 7th) - 45%, 1d100 = 5, PASS] -Running the suits optics
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby CS High Command » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:00 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash (Group 1: Madox, Culter, Grey, and Drummond)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Time: 1803 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land

IFF wrote:Hender, STR-A, SSG (E-6), Friendly
Blackwood, STR-A, PFC (E-3), Friendly

Rosewood, STR-B, SGT (E-5), Friendly
Calidus, STR-B, CPL (E-4),Friendly


To the west Culter can see the signs of at least 3 or 4 hovercycles of a type he's not familiar with. He thinks they might be from the unclaimed areas around Free Quebec and Iron Heart; something about Rangers. But he sees a Northern Gun helmet of a type he's seen a time or two, but can't place. So likely mercs or bandits. The incoming seem like they know *precisely* where the wreck is, so its probable they are either scavengers or the attackers. Whoever they are, they are coming in hot, expecting survivors to be dazed or dead. Had the two of them not been in power armor, they would be more dazed than they are. With your heart still pounding in your ears and your head aching badly, you wince at the thought of how you'd be had you not used the locking feature of the power armor to ride out the worst of the crash. Per standard operating procedures, Culter reports the incoming targets to the west.

The two targets to the southeast seem to be on the larger side of man-sized. Perhaps borgs, light power armor, or exoskeleton armor. None of them look CS, but then that is the point. Both are painted with an IFF he understands immediately. He knows STR stands for Spyre Tactical Retrival. A is for Alpha Squad - the front-line squad of the 40-4th that the combat support team is the backup for. The main team is Alpha (A) Squad, the Combat Support team is Bravo (B) Squad, the Logistics team is Charlie (C) Squad, and the intelligence assets are considered Delta (D) Squad. Technically there is also an Echelon (E) Squad - hired hands who know only what they are told. Hender and Blackwood are two of the cover names for the team, and the Friendly tag marks them as part of their overall unit - the 40th Special Operations Company. Ally would indicate any other CS personnel and a lack of a tag indicates non-read in personnel.

Karl finds himself a bit confused. The snow is sticking to his visor more than it should. Its then he realizes the visor defroster isn't working right. The inside is fogged up and the outside is iced up. Even using his sensors is a bit of a chore until he gets the ice that hard froze over them when he got out. He is able to figure out their location. He'd been lookign at the map and sensor feed before they crashed and he's very quickly able to get his bearings. Hammond is to the southeast and that makes reinforcements also likely to the southeast. He does get a IFF signal at last, confirming that. It's at that point he ends up slipping on a patch of snow over ice and ends up on his bum. He's not hurt anywhere but his pride. But he's also unable to get any good sensor readings. He does show two contacts to the southeast and multiple fast movers to the west. He also knows everything Culter does in regards to the IFFs. On the plus side, he also finds himself completely concealed behind a drift of snow as Culter reports the contacts to the west. That's when he also receives a transmission over open radio. He hears Egan's voice. "Yo, I certainly hope you saved the Doc's Whiskey from that fireball, otherwise he's not likely to patch us up anymore if we fail to deliver." He doesn't need to reply on open comms, he has their current operating frequencies. He knows that Hender was the cover for a Staff Sergeant Grey - he just didn't realize it was THAT Staff Sergeant Grey.

Both Drum and Egan see the IFF of the stranded pair and they understand what it means immediately. They know STR stands for Spyre Tactical Retrival. B is for Bravo Squad - part of their combat support team from the 40-4th. The main team is Alpha (A) Squad, their Combat Support team is Bravo (B) Squad, their Logistics team is Charlie (C) Squad, and their intelligence assets are considered Delta (D) Squad. Technically there is also an Echelon (E) Squad - which their drivers are a part of - hired hands who know only what they are told. Rosewood and Calidus are largely unknown to them - at least by cover names, and the Friendly tag marks them as part of their overall unit - the 40th Special Operations Company. Ally would indicate any other CS personnel and a lack of a tag indicates non-read in personnel.

Egan, for his trouble, does see the incoming bogeys, and he can even make them out - vaguely. Tundra Ranger hovercycles - perfect for the terrain and weather and all the pilots in NG-X44 Blue Boy Assault Light Power Armor. It was one of the types he'd tested out before he decided on his current power armor. The over-under oversized rifle is its biggest threat. To an unarmored foe, its forearm disuptor might be a challenge too. Likely the bandits use it to take down civilians and adventurers quickly. Against the four of them, however, that weapon system would be no threat. Egan, per standard procedure sounds out about the four bogeys.

Drum has no issue seeing the IFFs, but he does make the mistake of using thermal optics to look at the wreck at the wrong moment while zoomed in and manages to overload his optics for a few moments. By the time they recover and he looks elsewhere, all he sees is snow. It's about then that Egan sounds out about the incoming.


Incoming Tangos
4xImage
riding on
4xImage
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 4 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 94

Pilot Jetpack: 74% vs 1d100 = 7 | Stay in the air | Pass



Drum has learned by now that when the optics are overloaded, he just needs to wait, blinking his eyes makes no difference with his cybernetic enhancements, when they clear, he sees the friendly icons on his HUD towards the two powered armored people by the wreckage.

"Sarge, so the two on the ground appear to be our boys. The others flying in may be here to help, or not. Do you want to try and call them off before they get to us?" Drum says over the private channel to Egan. It's possible they may be here to help, but seem a bit to ready to rumble, unlike ourselves who are essentially wandering around the woods in our proverbial underwear.

Over the radio, Drum contacts the two on the ground, he's deliberately informal. "Hey Rosewood and Calidus, it's Blackwood, are either of you or anyone else that was onboard the hovercraft injured? I am glad you made it out before the explosion. It looks like we've got a few unknowns on hovercycles on their way in as well."

The cyborg slows down as he approaches the clearing. If there is any bare rock that he can see he'll land, otherwise he hovers. In any event, he switches the safety off on his forearm plasma blaster. While not hidden, the barrel extends and locks into position through the port in his armor.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Culter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 26 / 1d20 = 13
Perception [41%+25%/IFF]: 1d100 = 78
Read Sensory Equipment [40%]: 1d100 = 35 (Try to identify more about the incoming)
Intelligence [40%]: 1d100 = 84
Military Tactics [45%]: 1d100 = 29 (Battle Tactics)
Invoke Intimidation [50%]: 1d100 = 34 (Over the comms, deter the incoming)


Culter rolls his neck within his armor, Never going to doubt those safety videos again. He thinks to himself, thinking back on the countless safety briefings he's received; more than a few specifically about crashes. "Rosewood, the four incoming from the west are heading straight towards the crash and coming in hot; our likely assailants." Culter says, reading his equipment [Read Sensory Equipment] and adding, "I'm going to stick to firepower unless shit gets finicky and we need a boost." [Military Tactics] Culter finishes, suggesting but not saying that he wasn't going Psi-Hot yet unless asked or needed.

Drum/Blackwood wrote:"Hey Rosewood and Calidus, it's Blackwood, are either of you or anyone else that was onboard the hovercraft injured? I am glad you made it out before the explosion. It looks like we've got a few unknowns on hovercycles on their way in as well."


Culter responds on the open radio line, in part hoping to deter the scavengers coming in for some potential ill-gotten prize. Keeping it informal as well as he speaks, "Hey Blackwood, it's Calidus. Some casualties but we made it out. Not unknown cycles, likely the bastards that took out the truck. Luckily, they are bringing us some hover cycles to ride." [Intimidation towards any eavesdroppers] Culter adds at the end, not hiding his implications.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 29
Perception 55%:1d100 = 29
Radio Basic 92%:1d100 = 90
Electronic Countermeasures 72%:1d100 = 70
Intelligence 64%:1d100 = 9
Military Etiquette: 42%:1d100 = 42

Sensory Equipment 62%:1d100 = 79

Karl would take a few moments to try and get a proper sensor lock on the incoming units, along with trying to ensure they were the only hostiles. He'd grunt a bit at Cuttler's response before adding "Two Kilo India Alphas, Lima Sierra Echo class Delta Boys. Will fill you in later." he'd shake his head a little bit. Well, hopefully those are actually friendlies on the coms. he'd check his railgun feed yet again before looking over to Cutler "You do what you need to wipe out the enemy. You're not going to get any judgement from me about man's natural powers." Karl, as Cutler may or may not know, was also a PSI rated individual, though nowhere near as strong as Cutler. "Out here you use what you've got to." he'd then look around to try and find some potentially useful defensive point, or to try and decide if trying to meet up with these supposed friendlies was the best course of action. "And don't worry bout the rank thing out here too much either." he'd add "At least not with me. You get any bright ideas on tactics, you speak up ya? Most of my rank is over my being a tech, not a tactician."
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 46

Continuing their approach to the two members down at the wreckage, Egan finally hears a response to Drum's Comms.
Culter wrote:"Hey Blackwood, it's Calidus. Some casualties but we made it out. Not unknown cycles, likely the bastards that took out the truck. Luckily, they are bringing us some hover cycles to ride."
-Well, at least one can hear and respond on comms. They must not have our encrypted channels even though they are supposedly part of our unit. The other must have sustained some damage to his gear during the impromptu landing. - The scout mulls over that thought as he switches back over to a broad transmission to address the four man group approaching from the West in a bored voice. "Those approaching from the West, change course and leave the area or you will be considered hostile and dealt with as such." Setting his hovercycle down near the wreckage and surviving crew Egan reaches behind him and unwraps his JA-12 and clips it back onto it's tether to have it at the ready as he switches back over to the encrypted channel. "Good to go in case these guys have a death wish?"
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby CS High Command » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash (Group 1: Madox, Culter, Grey, and Drummond)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Time: 1804 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land

Egan Grey wrote: "Those approaching from the West, change course and leave the area or you will be considered hostile and dealt with as such."

In the distance the bikes slow to the point their plumes disappear. "Well, ain't you all a bunch of chatty cathies. So here's my dilemma, boys. I want your cargo, I got the man-power to take it, and you are seperated and not really set up to take me on. I have multiple elements on the battlefield, and you got four guys and a burning hulk. Thing is, I'd rather avoid a costly fight - ammo ain't cheap. So how about you boys step out of those power armor and I'll let you walk off towards town. Or we can rumble and my artillery guys can rain down hell on you. Your choice."

The hovercycles seem to be handling the cold weather exceptionally well. In fact they seem to be made for the cold weather - unlike the one that their teammate is on. But Culter can't really make out more about them, who they are, or who they represent. As they speak, he can only guess a bandit crew, but they seem to be fairly well equipped - that isn't body armor they are using, but power armor, and worse the same model. But their actions are those of bandits, not seasoned mercs that would have the kind of firepower they do. It's infuriating to him at just how odd they seem. Things about them just don't add up. I mean they could be bandits or they could be agents of the Federation of Magic for all Culter knows. Whatever the case, something about the banter on the radio has caused them to be cautious. It could be the way he was talking though. He does, however, finally see Drummond hovering at the edge of the field.

With the snow plumes gone, and the snow still settling, it's hard to track all four of the hovercycles. Between unknown terrain features, snow banks, and other such things, they just don't know where the four are, let alone where they might have allies. Their mention of artillery could mean someone with guided missiles miles away, or even just someone with a grenade launcher. All in all, there are just unknowns.

With the chatter have drawn out the bad guys on the radio, Egan switches to the teams frequency. With the IFFs active, the power armor notify Karl of activity on a saved channel (it's literally programmed in). He toggles monitoring of it and catch the last part of Egan's message. From there he pushes an update to Culter (a function of the command suite given to a squad leader) and he is also joined to the team channel. Egan and Drum are given notification of the two teammates joining the channel. One thing that sticks in the back of Karl's mind as he listens and thinks is that these guys act like bandits or pirates - they have no desire to fight an even battle. He certainly can't SEE any sign of reinforcement aside from the four riders, but who knows. It could certainly be a bluff, but they could be deadly serious.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 am

Init: 1d20+4 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 60
Perception 55%:1d100 = 43
Radio Basic 92%:1d100 = 63
Electronic Countermeasures 72%:1d100 = 25
Pilot Robots & PA 85%: 1d100 = 13
Sensory Equipment 62%:1d100 = 9
Weapon Systems 77%:1d100 = 33

Karl at this point was kind of itching for a fight anyway. It had been a long time since he'd been in combat, and, while he was perfectly happy to avoid it, these bastards had just smoked two of his people and downed the transport he was on. But he also wasn't foolish enough to think it was all bluff. "Over your dead body pal." Karl responded to the 'request' to ditch the PA. He'd then switch back to the secure coms "Looks like we are in for a fight, power armour isn't worth enough for him to dump really expensive LRMs into it, but some of the cheaper ones are more than possible and MRMs down are a dime a dozen by comparison, so keep an eye out for missile locks." At that point Karl just kicked his sensor systems up to active from passive and started trying to pick out targets and locked his wings into flight position. "Focus fire on the cycles, they'll probably survive a crash in those suits but it might still knock em for a spin enough to slow em down." he suggested, glancing at Egan as he set down and gave him a nod "Pick your targets at will." he'd say to the marksman, trusting Egan to make his own decisions and then looked to Culter "Lets go make these asshole regret ever being born. Keep low, use what cover is available. On me." He'd state before kicking up and off into the air. He'd then set about trying to tell the weapons range on the approaching bikes, working on getting a missile lock in on what ever one was in the lead or otherwise closest to him before firing. Normally he liked to save missiles for harder targets, but right now he was taking the threat of artillery more than seriously. Better to knock out any spotter units first and then worry about any firing platforms later. Many of those were much more vulnerable if they could be engaged up close. He disliked in part that the launchers on this suit could only fire off individual missiles instead of having multi lock capabilities, but that was something to worry about some other time. Kicking himself up to full combat speed he'd be sure to buzz about in an evasive pattern, uncertain of the enemy weapon's range at the moment as he opened up with mini-missiles first and followed up with the railgun once he was close enough (4,000ft range on railgun). Come and get me...

OOC Comments
Attacks:
Attack 1: Missile: 1d20+8 = 9
Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 (Plasma)

Attack 2: Missile: 1d20+8 = 26
Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 (Plasma)

Attack 3: Missile: 1d20+8 = 20
Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 (Plasma)

Attack 4: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 12
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Attack 5: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 12
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Attack 6: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 15
Damage: 1d4*10 = 30

Attack 7: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 26(Nat 20)
Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 X2 = 80

Attack 8: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 15
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Attack 9: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 26 (Nat 20)
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 X2 = 60

Attack 10: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 24
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Defense:
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 17 1d20+11 = 20 1d20+11 = 24 1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 22 1d20+11 = 16 1d20+11 = 29 1d20+11 = 29 1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 15
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 94 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 47

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Pilot Jetpack: 74% vs 1d100 = 77 | Land | Fail - Could be a problem

Karl wrote: He'd then switch back to the secure coms "Looks like we are in for a fight, power armour isn't worth enough for him to dump really expensive LRMs into it, but some of the cheaper ones are more than possible and MRMs down are a dime a dozen by comparison, so keep an eye out for missile locks." At that point Karl just kicked his sensor systems up to active from passive and started trying to pick out targets and locked his wings into flight position. "Focus fire on the cycles, they'll probably survive a crash in those suits but it might still knock em for a spin enough to slow em down." he suggested, glancing at Egan as he set down and gave him a nod "Pick your targets at will." he'd say to the marksman, trusting Egan to make his own decisions..


Drum had been about to say, 'If you need to fall back to better cover, I'll keep them occupied,' when he hears Maddox's orders. Seeing the rank data from the IFF indicator, the cyborg gives out a low chuff, Look who is taking charge? This will be interesting if the Sarge takes exception.

With the particle beam weapon extended from his forearm, he drops down onto the ground for better maneuverability. Over the team frequency he says, "Sarge, in place and ready to engage." As the hover cycles come streaking through, he takes his measure and fires at the front thruster or steering assembly of the vehicle hoping to cause it to crash . If one of the hover cycles goes down, Drummond goes to engage the pilot at melee range (for the next round) foregoing any additional shots so he is in position.

Actions: 6
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 18

  1. Called Aimed Strike (3 actions) with Particle Beam: 1d20+5 = 15 6d6+6 = 31 M.D.
  2. Called Aimed Strike (3 actions) with Particle Beam: 1d20+5 = 13 6d6+6 = 24 M.D.

Dodge (+10) 6d20:
19, 19, 5, 19, 4, 17

Roll with Impact (+6) 6d20:
1, 1, 6, 12, 5, 10
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Culter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:25 am

JiC: 1d100 = 72 / 1d20 = 20
Perception: 1d100 = 54/41%(+25% Elec/ +25% IFF)
Pilot, Robots and PA [66%]: 1d100 = 67 (Combat Maneuvers)
Basic Electronics [65%]: 1d100 = 6 (Determine if the type of hover cycles they have can be shorted with Zapper abilities)
Electronic Countermeasures [50%]: 1d100 = 85 (Supporting Basic Electronics, or Visaversa)
Weapon Systems [55%]: 1d100 = 72 (Weapons Lock)
Intelligence [40%]: 1d100 = 58 (Where the plums of smoke stopped for the baddies)
Detect Ambush [55%]: 1d100 = 23 (Watch for any enemy back-up or third party in the area)
Intimidation [50%]: 1d100 = 39 (Antagonize/Intimidate)

Dumb Merc 1 wrote:"Thing is, I'd rather avoid a costly fight - ammo ain't cheap. So how about you boys step out of those power armor and I'll let you walk off towards town. Or we can rumble and my artillery guys can rain down hell on you. Your choice."


Culter will respond on the open line, "You know who threatens the use of Artillery after they say they want our cargo? People without artillery, but don't worry, we'll come to you." Culter finishes, and then will click off his link to the open frequency.

Karl wrote:"Focus fire on the cycles, they'll probably survive a crash in those suits but it might still knock em for a spin enough to slow em down."


"If I can get close enough to the cycles and I might be able to disrupt them and their equipment. Be pretty hard to call a strike without a radio, or cycle." Culter suggests on their secure line, a slight smile twirling on his face. Depending on how reliant on tech these asshats are, I'll enjoy taking that away from them he thinks inwardly.

Karl wrote:"Lets go make these asshole regret ever being born. Keep low, use what cover is available. On me."


"You got it. I'm better up close, once we get closer and get them grounded, I'll close in." Culter says confidently, about seven feet away Karl. Culter will kick up into the air along with Karl and rocket towards where the plums of smoke stopped.

Culter will maintain evasive aerial advancement towards the hostiles and strive for a missile lock and send a pair of Frag missiles the hostiles ahead of him and aim to use the missiles as a screen to let him get closer. They shouldn't be anticipating us charging them, hopefully we can get close before they get their wits about them.

Once within 150ft of his enemies, he will use Sense Electricity (-2 I.S.P.) to pin-point all sources of electricity or a charge. If he gets the ping from his enemies direction, he'll get within 60 feet of the source(s) and use Electricity Absorption (-4 I.S.P. per target) and drain all four Hover Cycles (temporarily useless), or radios to cut them off.

Combat (if mercs together)
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19

A1: Fire a volley (2) of Frag Missiles. Strike: 1d20+8 = 24 | DMG: 10d6 = 26
A2: Electrical Sense
A3-6: Electricity Absorption (Up to 4 targets; aiming at the Hover Cycles (Priority) or the radios)

Note: Even if they are powered by Nuclear, he can drain or disrupt the electrical signals of the on board computers/systems. His goal is to make them grounded. He is relying on his Electrical Aura to shield him from any initial incoming fire. The power Electricity Absorption is worded in such a way that it seems as though it is targeted and since the Zapper can pinpoint specific sources of electricity, it isn't out of the way to think he can target something else and leave his own PA unaffected. That is up to you, GM, though.

IF they have a screen of their own, or the fire-power is deemed overwhelming, he will still try to drain but will not try to get in as close and will skirt them.

-4 I.S.P. per successful drain


Combat (if mercs split)
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 10
Dodge Actions, 2: 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 27

A1: Barrel towards closest merc and use a frag mini-missile. Strike: 1d20+8 = 11 | DMG: 5d6 = 17
A2: Use Electrical Sense
A3: If ES turns a positive read from the Merc's equipment (namely the hover cycle or radio), he'll attempt to short it with Electricity Absorption.
A4: Fire the Ion Rifle at the nearest enemy. Strike: 1d20+6 = 10 | DMG: 5d6 = 17
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 76

Hearing the the fire in Karl's voice as he responds back to the threat of artillery has the scout's head bobbing back and forth as if weighting two options and grudgingly agreeing. -Okay, just lost two of your own I can understand wanting to take care of things now. Would have rather left these blubbering idiots looting the charred remains and dealing with our bigger fish first before coming back and hunting them down to the last man.....but thems the breaks.- Seeing the two flyers take off to extract their revenge, Egan sticks close to his battle buddy as he cheerfully replies to the borg; "Let's go say hello, then goodbye." The scout takes a slow deep breath as he clears his mind and sets it to the task at hand. Getting off the hovercycle, he sets up in position and engages targets as able.

Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 16, PASS] - Using the Radio
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 77, PASS] -Hiding once in cover / position
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 59, PASS] - Finding the best vantage point for the combat
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 7, PASS] - Operating the suits sensors to track enemies
    [Pilot: Power Armor - 71%, 1d100 = 64, PASS] - Operating the suit
    [Weapon Systems - 55%, 1d100 = 12, PASS] - Making sure the weapon systems are calibrated
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 37, PASS] - Using the optics to keep tabs on enemies
Initiative - 1d20+5 = 7
APM - 8 to 9
Combat
Action 1 - Activating Enhanced Reflexes (-10 ISP) +1 APM and Blue numbers for boosted P.P.
Action 2 & 3 - Moving into position and taking cover / disappearing
Action 4 & 5 - Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike: 1d20+13 = 26 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 20
Action 6 & 7 - Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike: 1d20+13 = 21 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 40
Action 8 & 9 - Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike: 1d20+13 = 14 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 40

As needed:
Dodges: 1d20+16 = 26,1d20+16 = 23,1d20+16 = 32,1d20+16 = 23,1d20+16 = 21,1d20+16 = 25,1d20+16 = 26,1d20+16 = 36
Parries: 1d20+16 = 35,1d20+16 = 34,1d20+16 = 28,1d20+16 = 25,1d20+16 = 25,1d20+16 = 17,1d20+16 = 21,1d20+16 = 32,
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:37 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash (Group 1: Madox, Culter, Grey, and Drummond)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land

Time: 1803
A man you know to be a part of the intelligence assets of your unit comes up to you in the back of the high speed hover transport. "Badger, mount up in your power armor. Your insertion is a high altitude stealth drop. We're going to hang in the area while we wait on the guy you're replacing. But they're requesting you drop in on some of the squad who are in a sticky situation. You're joining the 40-4th, 1st squad on some emergency status. Replacing the 2nd in command already on op. You'll get your full brief from Captain "Doc" Harrison, that's his cover ID. Full roster has been uploaded to your power armor already, including some attached elements from 2nd squad. Mission is a seek and destroy, details unknown. After that you'll have a long range recon. Disk in your PA has the details for the link up for that mission brief for you officers. Tell Snoopy, that's the LT you're replacing, that we'll wait for him up here for 1 hour. The cover for your platoon is Spyre Tactical Retrival. All members of both squads are members of it. You only have to get close enough for IFF to work for them to be able to recognize you. Challenge responses are in your suit computer. Suggest you memorize them on the way down and delete them. We'll drop you as soon as your mounted and ready."

Time: 1805 by End of post
It's not that they were lying about artillery - just exagerating. Grenades shot at a high angle will work well as improvised mortars and do actually do a decent job at making folks scatter. The fact they all seem to have grenade launchers and are proficient in them in both direct fire and indirect fire makes things interesting. All four riders scatter and use overlapping fire to confuse the two power armor pilots in the field. By the time the blasts are cleared and people need to reengage, both Culter and Madox have taken some damage but two bikes are down. One is actually salvagable - having been taken down by a combination of a headshot and a temporary power loss that resulted in the rider taking a tumble. Rather than make for his own bike, one of his compatriots came and picked him up, right as Culter and Madox came under grenade fire again. Between snow blows, smoke grenades, and fragmentation grenades, the battlefield is confusing. Egan and Drum are both calm and collected, however. Taking their time, lining up shots and largely being ignored by the now retreating enemy, they can largely shoot with impunity. One bike goes down thanks solely to Drummond and one helmet is completely blown off by Grey - as is nearly the head underneath it. A forcefield pops on at the last minute. That is the one that took a tumble. Both Egan and Drummond have to reposition to get a good angle.

It's about this time all four men get an IFF signal from above them. It's only as the bat wing power armor is gliding in that they notice it. Jackson, for his part, notices that the two hoverbikes seem to be making their way to a larger APC - a fairly well armed one for direct fire. It's placement is such that if the two in the center of the field keep pursuing they will run into it and its railguns will give them a bad day. Even though they are airborne, they are focused on their immediate opposition, not the overall battlefield.

Code: Select all
Abernathy, STR-A, LT (O-2), Friendly (in air, at edge of IFF range)

Hender, STR-A, SSG (E-6), Friendly (edge of battlefield, towards town)
Blackwood, STR-A, PFC (E-3), Friendly (edge of battlefield, towards town)

Rosewood, STR-B, SGT (E-5), Friendly (centerish of battlefield, heading away from town)
Calidus, STR-B, CPL (E-4), Friendly (centerish of battlefield, heading away from town)
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Jericho Jackson » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 am

Perception Bonus: 36%/ 48% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 93 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 62

LT Jackson dials his comms to the unit frequency in his PA disk, before donning the helmet and clicking it into place. He feels the characteristic pressure and hears the tell-tale hiss that denote his EBA is properly sealed - a necessity at this altitude and in this blistering weather.

He gives his handler in the high-speed transport a thumbs up, and clips himself to the bulkhead as the bay door opens. One last check of his weapons and gear, and he unclips and drops from the vehicle, diving head-first, building speed.

The weather, wind shear, and altitude combine to make him feel the cold even through his sealed EBA, and frost forms on the edges of his face-plate. He dives some thousand or more feet, watching the Earth rise up to meet him. He whoops in his helmet, unheard by anyone.

"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Heart pounding, he delays activating his suit's gliding wings. Too late, and the Earth will give him a very messy greeting. His heart pounds at the prospect - part exhiliration, part terror. Maybe some day, he'll see just how close to the ground he can get. Not today.

Today, he has a job to do. The moment his HUD pings the four IFF signals on the ground, he deploys his wings and banks around behind the two unidentified tangos. It'd be no good if he got caught out in their eyeline before making his move. He briefly considers dropping some grenades on the tangos, but their speed, his speed, and the altitude might combine to render those attacks irrelevant, and might only serve to give away his position. Looks like it's gonna be a good ol' fashioned firefight then. He feels the air pressure bearing him aloft as the scenery whips by, and briefly catches his shadow zooming along across the snow, looking like the very demons he's trained to hunt and kill. He banks again, and begins his approach from behind the tangos.

Intelligence 50% 1d100 = 90 (to potentially identify the tangos by their armor, vehicles, and/or tactics - FAIL)

He activates his comms on the unit's dedicated frequency. "STR units, this is Abernathy, coming in hot. By the by, your two tangos are making for an APC with a nasty-looking railgun mount." A good enough 'hello', I think. Just enough cowboy, just enough protocol.

He unslings his L-20 Pulse Rifle, leaving it's strap clipped in place, and takes aim at the tangos as he silently glides their way at high speed.

Prowl 35% 1d100 = 12 (The suit is a glider, which flies silently, so this roll is his attempt to stay out of eyeline - SUCCESS)

As he approaches the rifle's effective range, he sights along the barrel with his laser-targeting eye, aiming at the closest tango. I might get one aimed shot off, and then tango two will see me. Better see if I can make it count. If tango one drops at any point, he will switch targets to tango two as necessary.

Combat rolls
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4
APM: 6

Action 1-2: Aimed shot at closest viable target. Strike 1d20+8 = 24; Damage 2d6 = 4 M.D.
Action 3: Burst at closest viable target. Strike 1d20+5 = 20; Damage 6d6 = 19 M.D.
Action 4: Burst at closest viable target. Strike 1d20+5 = 9; Damage 6d6 = 12 M.D.
Action 5: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+9 = 15
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20+9 = 26
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 34/34
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d20+1 = 4 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20+9 = 10, 2d4 = 5

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Seeing his target go down brings a fierce grin to the Cyborg's face. In his head, Drum tries to fit a beat to the irregular staccato rhythm of the various weapons firing and striking targets. Tap, thump, Tap, Tap, BOOM!

He moves towards the downed hovercraft that he hit, seeing that Egan's man has managed to snag a ride. The pop up of another friendly IIF is ignored, Drum is content to know that it's not another target. When he gets to the body, he knocks any obvious weapons away, and then checks to see if the man is still alive. "Hey, you alive in there?" Really need to get some sort of restraints for this kind of situation.

If he puts up a struggle, Drum's vibro-blade hisses out of it's internal scabbard, and he swings the blade down to strike at the forearm. "Hand's off the merchandise, bub."


Actions: 6
Initiative:

    Actions 1 to 6 Run towards downed hover cycle (330'/action at full speed, probably moving no more than half in this terrain and visibility
  • Contingency Attack if possible/needed: Aimed Strike with Vibro-sabre: 1d20+9 = 29 2d4 = 5 M.D.
  • Contingency Attack if possible/needed: Aimed Strike with Vibro-sabre: 1d20+9 = 15 2d4 = 8 M.D.

Dodge (+10) 1d20:
15
, 5d20:
8, 8, 7, 3, 15

Parry (+10/+12 w/Sword) 1d20:
6
, 5d20:
12, 15, 13, 18, 15

Roll with Impact (+6) 1d20:
2
, 5d20:
12, 10, 2, 17, 2
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:02 am

Init: 1[dice]d20+4[/dice]
JIC: 1d20 = 5
Perception 55%: 1d100 = 87
Radio Basic 92%: 1d100 = 76
Electronic Countermeasures 72%: 1d100 = 78
Pilot Robots & PA 85%: 1d100 = 51
Sensory Equipment 62%: 1d100 = 61
Weapon Systems 77%: 1d100 = 72
Land Navigation 69%: 1d100 = 3

Karl would be -mildly- surprised by the warning, but hew as also quite grateful for it, since it was good timing, to say the least! "Copy that." He'd respond "Calidus, bank left, I'll go right. Try and hit them from the back or sides. See if we can't at least disable that APC." he'd calmly respond as he'd take his damage readouts into account. The initial hail of grenades had been somewhat unexpected, but not entirely so given the earlier claims of artillery. "Keep an eye out for more launchers." he'd add as he'd take in his surroundings, cutting his speed a bit as he tried to work out a way around that might let him come up on the APC's side, either unnoticed, or at least with some cover to work with.

Regardless, Karl would try to come up either on the side of, or behind the APC, looking first to perhaps try and blow it's tracks (or wheels if it was a wheeled version), or, failing that, turn his fire to the railgun turret in an attempt to destroy or at least disable it.

OOC Comments
Attacks:
Attack 1: Missile: 1d20+8 = 23
Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 (Plasma)

Attack 2: Missile: 1d20+8 = 10
Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 (Plasma)

Attack 3: Missile: 1d20+8 = 13
Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 (Plasma)

Attack 4: Missile: 1d20+8 = 21
Damage: 1d6*10 = 10 (Plasma)

Attack 5: Missile: 1d20+8 = 15
Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 (Plasma)

Attack 6: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 22
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Attack 7: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 14
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Attack 8: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 16
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Attack 9: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 7
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Attack 10: Railgun: 1d20+6 = 16
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Defense:
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 311d20+11 = 311d20+11 = 141d20+11 = 261d20+11 = 221d20+11 = 221d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 211d20+11 = 24
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Culter » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:51 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 84 / 1d20 = 1
Perception [41%+25% ]: 1d100 = 43 Using IFF to avoid surprise and maintain positive eye on allies and enemies.
Weapon Systems [55%]: 1d100 = 45 Determine weakness of Rail Gun, and most effective weapon against APC
Pilot: Robot and PA [66%]: 1d100 = 43 Awesome piloting maneuvers
Electronic Countermeasures [50%]: 1d100 = 76
Basic Electronics [65%]: 1d100 = 61 Electrical currents in vehicles and rail weapons
Intelligence [40%]: 1d100 = 12 Not turn into enemy fire


When Karl directs Culter to bank left, he nods. "Copy. I might have something for that rail gun." He responds and banks left, heading towards the APC in question looking for weaknesses that he can exploit via electricity or power while unleashing another payload of munitions; banking to his left and rounding out on the APC's right side or tailgate. The pincer movement Culter thinks as they both attack. Culter tries to angle his munitions so their direction is the same as the front of the APC in effort to avoid any misfires towards Karl.

Culter will also try to examine the Rail Guns and attempt to determine any weaknesses they might have that he can exploit. He is accelerating towards the APC at nearly maximum safe speed for his banking maneuver; the Blue Hawk's wings at full extension and the PA seemingly tilted at a 45 turning the turn as one by one, missiles begin to accelerate off the wings.

When he gets close, he will attempt to manipulate the APC by first cutting power to the Rail Gun itself using his electrical absorption. He'll then try to flip the engine's power switch, which he is used to standard robots and military vehicles being push start, and so focusing on that.


Combat
APM: 6
1 Action to Dodge: 1d20+8 = 28 (Nat 20 Awesome Dodge Maneuver initiative)
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 24

A1: Bank left, fire HE Missile #1. Strike: 1d20+3 = 11 | DMG: 2d4*10 = 70
A2: Keep Closing, fire Plasma Missle #1. Strike: 1d20+3 = 13 | DMG: 1d6*10 = 40
A3: Attempt to discern weaknesses by analyzing damage done to APC from missiles (if any).
A4: Within 60 ft of the APC (hopefully). Electricity Absorption directed towards the rail gun power.
A5: Manipulate Electrical Device: APC. Goal is to flip the engines switch or equivalent target.
Dodge: Should he become under fire, he will barrel roll and attempt to dodge incoming fire while getting close.

Contingency: If he is under heavy fire and forced to fall back due to the rail gun, he will sacrifice his actions to active his telekinetic force field against the rail gun to block the shot and then continue his attack when able. UNLESS he is able to dodge incoming fire, or deems it minimal.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 39

With the short but intense firefight leaving two of the four down, Egan covers the Borg as he moves up to secure a potential prisoner for interrogation. Once the borg gets to the downed man, the scout quickly moves up to re-position for better support taking any pot shots he is able as the other two move away. Hearing that an enemy APC is on the field doesn't surprise Egan, seeing his two colleagues immediately move to engage it does, at least for a moment. -Well shit. Guess that was to be expected.- Now further away from his own bike, Egan looks over at the one the man used to be riding before keying up his comms. "They loading the bikes into that hunk of junk or do they have to ride outside it?"

Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 8, PASS] Does it work?
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 96, FAIL] Plotting a course to get to the enemy APC while under cover
    [Pilot: Hovercycles – 112%, 1d100 = 68, PASS] Does the bike nearby look usable
    [Salvage – 90%, 1d100 = 34, PASS] Does the bike nearby look usable
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 36, PASS] Keeping track of the fleeing enemies
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 86, FAIL] Keeping track of the fleeing enemies
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 26
APM: 10
Combat
Moving or Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike = 1d20+16 = 26 Damage = (1d6*10)+10 = 40
Moving or Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike = 1d20+16 = 36 Damage = (1d6*10)+10 = 30 60MDC(crit)
Moving or Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike = 1d20+16 = 30 Damage = (1d6*10)+10 = 60
Moving or Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike = 1d20+16 = 33 Damage = (1d6*10)+10 = 20
Moving or Sharpshooting Called Shot (Head) 2 Actions- Nearest Active Enemy. Strike = 1d20+16 = 24 Damage = (1d6*10)+10 = 30

As needed:
Dodges: 1d20+16 = 31,1d20+16 = 17,1d20+16 = 19,1d20+16 = 29,1d20+16 = 28,1d20+16 = 22,1d20+16 = 36,1d20+16 = 32,1d20+16 = 24,1d20+16 = 33
Parries: 1d20+16 = 32,1d20+16 = 24,1d20+16 = 20,1d20+16 = 21,1d20+16 = 20,1d20+16 = 36,1d20+16 = 30,1d20+16 = 25,1d20+16 = 29,1d20+16 = 30
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:25 am

(Rolls carried over)

Culter wrote:"Copy. I might have something for that rail gun."


Jackson responds between bursts from his energy rifle.

"That's what I like to hear. Don't tag the flying Silent Shadow armor - that's me."

Egan wrote:"They loading the bikes into that hunk of junk or do they have to ride outside it?"


"Unknown. They are not yet together."
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 34/34
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby CS High Command » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:31 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash (Group 1: Madox, Culter, Grey, and Drummond)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land

Time: 1806 by end of post

Hoverbike - no rider
Image
Drum moves to the crash site of the hovercycle and sees the helmetless rider scooting away with his buddy on another of the bikes. He seems to be looking back with a grimace at something. Before he can take a shot or say anything the bike disappears behind a snow drift. Interestingly these bikes don't disturb the snow that much, and definitely don't melt it as much. But they don't seem to have the caked on ice common among hovercycles in cold weather. Their new arriving ally confirms both bikes have two riders each heading for the massive APC with its large rail guns and large open bed. It begins moving off at a good clip, considering the snow, and is definitely moving to disengage from the fight. Looking about for what might perturb the helmetless survivor, Drum notices that the saddle bags of the hovercycle do include a computer and some sort of notebook. He may not be an analyst, but he knows how to treat potential intelligence. He also notes the hovercycle has been modified to be usable by a borg or power armor. The pylons one would ride on are reinforced. He is grabbing the bag as Egan comes up on his hovercycle to join him before moving on to the others.

About this time, Jackson's radio lights up with a tight beam transmission from a good distance out. "What's the sitrep? We need to get everyone back to base - things are moving fast back here. I need the data you're carrying, ASAP." The information on the other end identifies it as Tex, which Jericho knows to be his peer and fellow officer - the one he is replacing.

When a NG-AT326 tri-barreled gatling railgun opens up on Culter and Madox both duck below line of sight. Not that its firepower is insurmountable, but a railgun on par with the main gun of a UAR-1 Enforcer is nothing to sneeze about. The iconic firing sound of a NG-202 of a Mark III Samson in the open bay of the APC joins in the fun as well. That's not counting the supporting ion cannons or the heavy ion rifles of the now dismounted raiders. Still, they've given as good as they've gotten and both have inflicted some serious damage on the soldiers and their transport. The large open rear bay of the Mammoth APC provides good blasting arc for the mounted soldiers, along with another four in body armor that are obviously support crew - specialists for securing cargo rather than their best combatants. But even they are armed and firing for all they are worth. They have not noticed the flying stealth armor (no one looks up without a radar ping, after all) and all Jackson's fire was attributed to the two flying power armor that were on sensors. The Samson was hidden under a tarp until it stepped out to fire once the raiders landed. Still the fight has gone from more or less even to outnumbered quickly and the Culter and Madox must decide how much revenge is worth as the APC drives away at best speed. Interestingly it had gone as far as it could on plowed roads, so its speed is actually impressive, if foolhardy.

Butcher's Bill
Culter (from both minutes of combat)
-13 to left wing
-81 to main body
-11 to helmet/head

Madox (from both minutes of combat)
-7 to Right arm
-7 to right hand
-72 to main body
-10 to right main rear jet
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Culter » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:18 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 20 / 1d20 = 19
Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 36
Computer Operation [50%]: 1d100 = 29 (*Systems)
Pilot, Robots and PA [66%]: 1d100 = 19 (Stability | Checking functionality)

Culter will bring his wings to bare and let his stabilizers carry him to a slow hover in his Blue Hawk as he calls out over the team's secured line (presumably addressing Karl or Jericho, not the command line). "Cowards, starting a fight they don't want to finish. They're breaking off, and honestly, it'd be a waste of time to pursue them." Culter suggests, not keen on chasing ragtag bandits when there is an actual mission to be had. Though the assholes did a number to my power armor, not good form. Though, my recent deployments have been against supernaturals, not other militants. He finds himself thinking during the break in combat, he will also run a systems check on his PA to ensure it can still at least hold until any major damage is repaired, software or hardware; performing wing rotations and such, landing if need be while a decision is reached. [Computer Operation][Pilot, PA]

During his systems check, after his initial radio call, he will address over the comm line the three friendly pings on IFF (if they haven't met up yet), "Appreciate the assist back there, by the way."
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:03 am

Perception Bonus: 36%/ 48% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 66

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 29

As Jackson soars unnoticed over the combat, taking potshots at the targets, he receives a communication from the unit officer.

Tex wrote:"What's the sitrep? We need to get everyone back to base - things are moving fast back here. I need the data you're carrying, ASAP."


"Sitrep: We have two hovercycles, two riders each, traveling with an APC that's got a railgun and a Mark III Samson in the cargo bay. They are moving to disengage. Tex - there is a high-speed hover transport waiting for you as well at these coordinates, for the remainder of the hour, and I've got the deets for the link up for that mission brief." Jericho sends the craft's coordinates over comms. I love it when they never see me coming. That makes everything so much easier.

He does a wingover and circles back to the Spyre unit.

Culter wrote:"Cowards, starting a fight they don't want to finish. They're breaking off, and honestly, it'd be a waste of time to pursue them."


"Good thinking. They might be regrouping, and pursuing them might lead us into an ambush."

As he heads back to the scuttled hover-van, he receives another comm.

Culter wrote:"Appreciate the assist back there, by the way."


He lands beside the vehicle, in front of the troops there that register as friendlies. He opens the faceplate on his helmet. "My pleasure. Tex is ordering us back to base... I presume you've completed your objective here?"
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 34/34
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:49 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 16 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 45

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Recognize Salvage and Quality 60% vs 1d100 = 73 | Examine hover cycle's damage | Fail
Basic Mechanics 45% vs 1d100 = 51 | Examine hover cycle's damage | Fail
Salvage 60$% vs 1d100 = 64 | Examine hover cycle's damage | Fail
Recycling: 55% vs 1d100 = 97 | Examine hover cycle's damage | Fail



With his heavy 1000lb cyborg body as an anchor, Drum uses his robotic strength to lift the hover bike and set it resting on the snow. His eyes flick over the machine quickly, assessing the damage and he spots the saddle bags. Ha ha! I really hit that sucker hard, this thing is probably just fit for the junk pile.

"Score 1 for the visiting team!" Drum says to the air. He opens up the bag to spot the portable computer and notebook. If we want to track these jacka$$es down later, I do believe we've got the intel to do it. Over the team's encrypted frequency, he says to Egan, "Sarge, we've got a computer and notebook to take back to base and have the eggheads fuss over. Looks like we are going to get paid for another day's work. I hope Doc and company are making progress on their mission."

He secures the straps on the saddle bags to make sure they are closed and hands them off to Egan. The cyborg points to the hover cycle, "Might be good for parts if that. Do you want to take it back with us? I can probably drag it out, but it's too bulky to comfortably carry."

When Jackson drops down from the sky, Drum sketches a brief salute to the LT, and says, "Doug Blackwood." He holds out his metal and ceramic mitt and adds, "Thanks for showing up when you did. Great timing."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:12 am

JIC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 24
Perception 55%: 1d100 = 20

Karl would peel off when the return fire got a little too hot, having to agree with the others. "I agree, not our mission." he'd say in response to Culter. "Alright, let's turn back and regroup, see where we're at." Once grouped back on up with the others he'd tilt his head just a little bit as he regarded the bike, and then those on foot. "Well, if one of you can use the bike, long as you cover me I can probably make sure it's good to go without a tracker." he'd offer. "Unless you think it's too hot right now? We aren't entirely up to date on the situation around here, it would seem." I hate that those bastards got away, but if they stick around, there's still a chance we can nail them hard later....
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 30
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 9

Egan eases his posture a little seeing that once he comes up to where the combat borg is there are no more enemies in sight.
Drummond Leighton wrote:"Sarge, we've got a computer and notebook to take back to base and have the eggheads fuss over. Looks like we are going to get paid for another day's work. I hope Doc and company are making progress on their mission."

He secures the straps on the saddle bags to make sure they are closed and hands them off to Egan. The cyborg points to the hover cycle, "Might be good for parts if that. Do you want to take it back with us? I can probably drag it out, but it's too bulky to comfortably carry."
"Excellent, can't let this go unanswered in my book. This could help us track them down after our real work here is done." Comes the scout's reply as he takes the saddle bag from Drum. "As for the bikes, we'll take what runs and slag what can't be moved."

The scout spares only a glance as the new guy lands near them before continuing his scan for any spotters that might be lurking around, but he still manages to catch the salute. -Crap, here we go again....- Switching over to a point to point channel, Egan sub-vocalizes a gentle reprimand to the combat borg. "No saluting in the field. Spotters could still be out there watching us and it gives them better intel for targeting."
Jericho Jackson wrote:"My pleasure. Tex is ordering us back to base... I presume you've completed your objective here?"
"Just a little cleaning up and we're good to go." comes the dry reply from the scout's suit speaker. -Fuck poppin open my suit in this weather.-
Karl wrote:"Well, if one of you can use the bike, long as you cover me I can probably make sure it's good to go without a tracker." he'd offer. "Unless you think it's too hot right now? We aren't entirely up to date on the situation around here, it would seem."
"I'm down to at least get something out of this run if possible. Otherwise lets slag what can't be moved and get back home."

Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 66, PASS] - Switching modes and channels.
    [Salvage – 90%, 1d100 = 50, PASS] - checking for operational bikes and any loot that might have been left.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 81, FAIL] - checking for enemies with the suits sensors.
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 8, PASS] - using the suits optics in the search for spotters and such.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Jericho Jackson » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:23 am

(Rolls carried over)

As the cyborg salutes him, Jericho winces but says nothing. He takes the man's hand for a handshake as he introduces himself.

Drummond wrote:"Doug Blackwood. Thanks for showing up when you did. Great timing."


"Just doing the job. You guys already had it in control."

Karl wrote:"Well, if one of you can use the bike, long as you cover me I can probably make sure it's good to go without a tracker."


Jericho raises a hand. "I can fly it, follow you all to your rendez-vous."

As the team mops up, Jackson looks over the captured hoverbike.

Demolitions 81% 1d100 = 62 (is it armed with a self-destruct - SUCCESS)
Surveillance 50% 1d100 = 99 (is it equipped with a tracking device - FAIL)
Surveillance 50% 1d100 = 55 (double-checking - Another FAIL)
Pilot: Hovercraft (Ground) 70% 1d100 = 49 (ensure the vehicle remains in good working order - no damage that will cause a system failure - SUCCESS)
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 34/34
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Major James Smith » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:24 am

This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash (Group 1: Madox, Culter, Grey, and Drummond)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond in no-man's land

Time: 1815 by end of post




Culter declines to continue the chase, reasoning that it's not worth the trouble - especially given the group has other fish to fry. He performs a check on his Power Armor systems - other than the damage, all appears to be functional.

Lt. Jackson glides in, swiftly and silently, reports the sitrep to the unit CO, and lands.

Drummond picks up the hoverbike, his cyborg frame easily handling weight that would make a normal human strain to lift, and upon examination, finds a computer and and notebook. He decides to take the items and report their discovery for future intel purposes to Egan, handing them off. He then salutes Lt. Jackson, who winces but diplomatically turns the salute into a handshake.

Karl decides that pursuit isn't worth it either, as it isn't their mission or fight to begin with, and agrees that returning to base would be the best choice for the group at this time.

Egan takes the items handed off by Drummond and agrees that there may be useful intel on them. Strategizing that they take what runs from the wreckage and slag the rest, he notices Drummond's salute and lightly chastises the Combat 'Borg about using salutes in the field due to the potential risk of identifying targets for enemy observers.

The group then exchanges pleasantries with the new Lt and agrees to return to base.

The captured hoverbike checks out as functional, if beat up a bit. It does not appear to be armed with a self-destruct device, but Lt. Jackson is absolutely convinced it has a tracking device - not only that, but the device appears to be of a type he has never encountered... almost alien in appearance!

Unless you want to poke around with the hoverbike some more, please continue your posts at the Hammond Operations Center
User avatar
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 am

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:22 am

Perception 55%: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d100 = 39 1d20 = 4

Karl, being a tech head and an engineer would go over the bike to look for signs of additional tracking devices, booby traps, dangerous fail safes or other tricks of the trade as it were before attempting to either disarm or bypass any such measures so they could safely abscond with the bike. Or at least would try to do so in a relatively timely manner. "We shouldn't hang around here too long in case they come back with reinforcements but I think this is worth spending some time on trying to salvage." He'd admit. The weather conditions of course weren't exactly great for it but he'd worked under far worse circumstances. Now... lets see...

Going over the bike with a fine tooth comb and then some:
Electronic Countermeasures 72% 1d100 = 100
Mechanical Engineer 72% 1d100 = 16
Electronics Basic: 62% 1d100 = 5
Vehicle Armourer 77% 1d100 = 42
Basic Mechanics 99% 1d100 = 37
Weapons Engineer 72% 1d100 = 4
Locksmith 77% 1d100 = 50
Electrical Engineer: 72% 1d100 = 9
Weapon Systems 77% 1d100 = 74
Electricity Generation 68% 1d100 = 43
Computer Hacking 36% 1d100 = 90
Computer Repair 48% 1d100 = 68
Automotive Mechanics 52% 1d100 = 85
Aircraft Mechanics 42% 1d100 = 95
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 97
Computer Operation 62% 1d100 = 77
Computer Programming 52% 1d100 = 90

Once Karl was satisfied they were good to go he'd give a thumbs up "I'll take another look at it once we have a chance to sit down properly with it but we should be good to go for now."
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Major James Smith » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:38 am

Mini-Update

Karl :Going over the bike with a fine tooth comb and then some:
Electronic Countermeasures 72% Invalid dice code! - you are convinced that the "tracking device" which Jackson discovered is actually a disguised transmitter of a different variety - and it is transmitting every sound within 100' to an unknown destination!
Mechanical Engineer 72% Invalid dice code! - looks to be in working condition
Electronics Basic: 62% Invalid dice code! - electronics seem to be working normally
Vehicle Armourer 77% Invalid dice code! - no custom weapons or armor jobs on this hoverbike that you can tell
Basic Mechanics 99% Invalid dice code! - seems to be average in terms of maintenance, systems look to work normally
Weapons Engineer 72% Invalid dice code! - you are able to figure out how the weapons work and modify them if need be, and they appear to be functional
Locksmith 77% Invalid dice code! - you are able to unlock any compartments, but none seem locked
Electrical Engineer: 72% Invalid dice code! - you have a good understanding of the electronics in the hoverbike and can modify the electrical system if you want to
Weapon Systems 77% Invalid dice code! - see Weapons Engineer
Electricity Generation 68% Invalid dice code! - you have a good understanding of how the electrical system generates power and can modify it if you want to
Computer Hacking 36% Invalid dice code! - you have no m@d h@x0r skills at this time
Computer Repair 48% Invalid dice code! - you can't tell if it's in need of repair or not
Automotive Mechanics 52% Invalid dice code! - you aren't really sure
Aircraft Mechanics 42% Invalid dice code! - you aren't really sure
Sensory Equipment 62% Invalid dice code! - that device is DEFINITELY transmitting some kind of signal, and if you had to guess, it's sweeping for life signs too, so it's transmitting information about the group!
Computer Operation 62% Invalid dice code! - the computer systems are just baffling to you today for some reason
Computer Programming 52% Invalid dice code! - you aren't even sure what kind of language or operating system these computers seem to run on...[/ooc]
User avatar
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 am

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Vehicle Crash

Postby Karl » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:05 am

Perception 55%: 1d100 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 25 1d20 = 10

Karl hrmms "Well, can't do anything about it right now but that thing, what ever the heck it is, is definitely going to need to come out, sooner the better." he'd state "I don't think it'll short anything out though if we just.... smash it. Rest of the bike seems to be perfectly fine. I... should be able to fix any issues with it, if I get enough time to familiarize myself with it." he'd helpfully add.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG


Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest