This Going to the Dogs Already - Indigent Care

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

This Going to the Dogs Already - Indigent Care

Postby CS High Command » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:02 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Indigent Care (Group 2: Doc, Codex, and Preacher)
    Date: January 9, 110 PA
    Time: 1830 by end of post.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Weather: Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: Unknown, but currently in The Free City of Hammond inside a warehouse.

To say that none of the Black Market personnel expected to see a real doctor walk in and care for their patient was an understatement. Fang stares openly, while Oliver and the med tech at least mask theirs. The tech proves an able assistant and begins anticipating James after a few minutes. James finds no cyberware in her system, but he also can see she needs a few, even if only bioware grafts for skin and fur. Some places on her will never regrow fur naturally. Real or synthetic grafts can replace it easily though, so its more a matter of resources than danger. Looking at the scans he can do himself, he sees she is a freeborn (based on her lack of genetic markers) but is largely healthy on a genetic level. Her bloodwork shows some signs of infection (to be expected), but it's also mostly healing. He prescribes her some more anti-virals and anti-bacterial meds and hands this off to Oliver. He also hands off orders for a synthetic fur replacement with the correct pigmentation and fur color for her. Seeing the amount of pain she is still in, James does a quick bit of chemistry to enhance the pain killing aspects of some drugs they already have. It occurs to him such a mix tweaked slightly would sell well as a street drug, which amuses him slightly (given who he is helping here).

This is not a quick process. Mane and Codex pull Fang out of there and take up seats off to the side. Fang produces a deck of cards and the three of them, and Mr. Oliver play a few rounds of Spades to pass the time.

It's about half an hour later before James feels comfortable asking questions - now that the medicine has had a chance to work and her wounds are bandaged. Despite his calm behavor, she never really relaxes, but she does begin to trust him at least. And she definitely seems willing to take his medical advice. When he asks to get some information, she nods. Still her manner is reluctant. James does manage to talk her through the rough spots though. Both Mane and Codex recognize the trauma handling the CS psychs are so renowned for. The reason the CS had the force it did was because of how well CS trained therapists could talk people through their trauma. And, despite their ignorance of it, it seems their own CO is well acquainted with the methodology.

James Howlett wrote:"I know this is a difficult situation, and I sympathize with your plight. I will try to keep the questions short and respect if you don't want to answer them. I will let you know this first though, my team and I are going to find this monster and end him."

LeeLee nods and has a half smile on her face, but it is quickly turned frightened as she thinks of this healer at the hands of the monster she faced. "Be careful Doc. This guy loves screams. I can still hear him laughing and cooing at my screams.." she pauses unable to continue and then finally does. "Just make sure to end him, please sir." There is a pleading quality to her voice.

James Howlett wrote:"Where were you when you were attacked?"

"Um, well I was taken while I was on the way home from the bar, but I think this guy had been stalking me for a few days. He said things that gave me the impression he knew about me. I do...work for Mr. Oliver. Massages, first aid, basic stuff. I'm usually the one patching them up or helping them past an injury. This guy was going on about how I put my filthy hands on human bodies, or got too close to humans or even d-bees. I mean I've never had sex with humans, or ever really been asked. Only one guy asked, and he was a bit of a skeev and I didn't have to follow through with that. Mr. Oliver and Fang made sure of that. I'm not a joy-girl, you know."

James Howlett wrote:"Did you see what he looked like, and if so what did he look like?"

It takes some time to get it out of her, but she eventually gives him a description. Juicer harness. Human - a bit on the short side, but built like a tank - much like Fang or Mane in terms of bulk. But he's quick - even quicker than most juicers she's seen.

She's also sure he invaded her mind a few times. He would paralyze her, make her blind, deaf, and feel pain randomly, sometimes while cutting, and sometimes not. She could feel his hatred, his need to eliminate her and all psi-hounds. She'd never heard the term outloud, but she heard him say it often enough. He seems to hate the CS and the PRP specifically. Again, she'd never really heard of them with her ears, but he said and thought them so much she understood it was important.

He wears a cloak that looks like it's made of darkness come to life and uses paired neural maces to bring down his prey. She remembers that he wears Naruni body armor, the really heavy stuff - but she can't get more specific than that. She can describe his knives in great detail though, though in doing so she ends up crying out in fear and it takes a few minutes to get herself under control. It's after one of these outbursts that Mane puts forth his tender, yet savage promise to make this animal pay, and she nods with a look of thanks.

James Howlett wrote:"Did he take you anywhere, and if so where?"

"I know he did, but I can't tell you where I was blind and deaf at the time. I didn't know we'd even stopped until he tied me to the chains and began stripping me. At first I thought maybe he was just some sicko that wanted to get his jollies off on a dog girl, maybe even the guy they'd turned away, but that was before I started getting flashes of emotions and thoughts that weren't mine. And then I was able to hear again, and see. I was in some alley, tied to a fire escape. He told me I could scream all I wanted. No one would hear me, or care if they did. I think Fang said they found me near the docks, way out of the way. I mean I screamed, for mercy, for him to stop, for him to die, for me to die, for..... Sorry. But it was some alley. If it hadn't been for that patrol boat shining that light down the alley, I'd probably be dead. He said something about needing a better spot, but left me alone when they started yelling down the alley.

With that, Mr. Oliver adds, "Yeah, some of my boys were out doing basic patrols in one of the abandoned parts of the docs. Some idiots had been using those old warehouses as a place to stash stuff stolen from me. Guess this guy just had a bit of a run of bad luck. Hell if it had been pretty much anyone else, I figure my guys would have just put her out of her misery. But Lee-Lee here has patched up way to many of my boys for that. Before you ask, we searched there high and low. This guy seems like the mobile type. Still Naruni armor isn't that common. I know maybe half a dozen crews that allow it now. None of mine. Too easy to get a CS inspection boat to shake you down over it. I'll put out a call to my boys over it. Be right back." He steps out of the medical care suite and gets in the vehicle that brought them there.

Casper Wilpepper wrote:"is there anything suspicious you remember when taking the job? Any pieces that were out of place? Working with a new client?"

"Well it wasn't a job, but now that you mention it, I do remember a juicer getting in that skeev's face. The one that hit on me. There was one guy who had been giving me the stink eye all night and was real mad at this guy for hitting on me. But I mean there wasn't anything about him I'd remember. He was short and stocky, but so are a lot of guys. He didn't stick out. Maybe Fang remembers.

Asking Fang is prefunctory at this point and he shrugs. "I mean, she's right, he didn't stick out. I didn't know about him giving her the stink eye, but he did what most of us did to the pervert and called him sick for even thinking about it. Sides, most guys know she and I are a thing. But she helps take care of everyone. I could probably recognize him if I saw him though. Guy I saw was in Northern Gun juicer plate though, nothing Naruni. He did have a funky helmet though. Didn't look that protective to me, but what do I know about juicers. Could be he uses that only to hunt in, not work. About the only Naruni thing you'll see anyone use is one of those Ripper Blades they make. There's a few crews that give them out as trophies."
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Indigent Care

Postby James Howlett » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 57
Conditions: None really pertinent.

Skills
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 51/59% (ID the Villain.)
Juicer Technology 1d100 = 75/84% (ID the Villain.)

James nods at LeeLee. "All right you should get some more rest, with the stuff I got set up for you, you should be back on your feet in no time." James says in a fatherly voice before making his way over to Mr. Oliver and Fang.

"Do you have footage of this man?" James asks, the kindness dropping from his voice leaving only the killer behind. Delphi Juicer, and a sicko to boot. Black Market job likely. CS does not use them and screens for instabilities in either case.

If they can get James the footage, he will look at the picture, sending the image via video link to all of his men.

If they can't get him the footage, James nods.

In either case: "I have got his scent, now to sick my own hounds on him. Mr. Oliver if you would message me the particulars and get me an my men on our way I would appreciate that, this scum is going to have very little time to enjoy what is left of his life."

"Preacher, Codex, we are moving out." James says as he approaches his men.

Once the group is underway to to their operational base, James radios the group as a whole. "We have a target. We are hunting now. Will be arriving at the FOB shortly."
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 11
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 54

Mane listened to LeeLee's account with great interest, taking in the details of the monster he was hunting. Short... Stocky... Juicer... Master psychic... Hatred of the PRP... Loathing of Dogboys... Naruni gear when hunting, but traditional juicer gear when not to blend in... all but a strange helmet.

While his knowledge of juicers and their lore was not as strong as the others', he did have passing anecdotal knowledge. With that much, thoughts and theories came together.

When Howlett gave the order, Mane slowly rose from his seat as to not alarm LeeLee. She had been through enough. It was time to let her rest, and give the wounded Dog-girl reason to rest easy. The big cat had murder on his mind, but it was cold and calculated, not giddy for the blood and death. Those would simply be the byproduct of what was to come. Mane briefly wondered if that was him or the chip in his head, and then he wondered if it even mattered. Today, for now, he and the chip were in agreement.

As he, Codex and the boss were on their way back to the FOB to regroup with the others, Mane shared his theory. "Okay boss, call me crazy but I think I know what's going on with our perp. He was, like, one of those special Psi-Stalkers... those one-in-a-million ones with the extra powers. Then he was pulled into a Chop Shop... maybe one of those secret ones in the Chi-Town 'burbs that rumor says the CS used before... before the war made Juicers legal... for the military anyhow. And then they made him one of those Super Juicers with the tough-as-steel skin and a little mojo shine. But because he had super psychic mojo, he somehow kept those extra powers! And then when he went off to war, a Dog Pack turned on him. And now he wants his revenge before his jucer stuff burns him out. ... That's the theory anyhow."

Mane looked at his two companions as they continued to walk, then added, "I don't know... I'm better at supernatural stuff than all this juicer shit."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91/26%
JIC:1d20 = 10/1d100 = 45

Casper thanks Lee-Lee for her time and offers what he hopes is an empathetic smile.

At James' queue, he leaves. Mane's scenario was plausible but perhaps too detailed or too restrictive for search parameters. Still, that could be it, even if somewhat obvious. Casper himself wasn't over comfortable with dog boys, let alone the genetic programs undertaken to develop them.

"Naruni armor is a solid lead. Someone has to supply parts around here. And I'd suspect it's just one person. From there the leads would be much more focused."
Casper Wilpepper
Alias: Codex
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:31 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Indigent Care (Group 2: Doc, Codex, and Preacher)
    Time: 1850 by end of post. The sun is down low, and certain buildings hide it entirely. Lights blaze at street corners.
    Temp: 3°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond. The bar is a balmy 60 degrees by comparison
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: Unknown, but currently in The Free City of Hammond inside a warehouse.

Mr. Oliver invites them all to load into the van. "We'll take you back and you can leave out from there if you'd like. I'm waiting to hear back from my boys on where they saw him last. If you want, I can bring them in and let you question them. I want this animal taken down. It ain't right what he's doin." Even in this time of ultraviolence and demon incursions - serial killers mess with the mind and remove any sense of control by their very nature. And thanks to Fang and Lee-Lee, it's obviously become personal.

Fang stays with Mr. Oliver's blessing. "Jodie will bring you back when you're ready pal. Take your time with our girl. She could use some cheering up. You too kid." He gives the mutant a good clap on the shoulder."
Fang gives a toothy grin as only a dogboy can. "You got it Boss."

They all load into the van and the trip back goes quite a bit faster than the trip there - 15 minutes compared to 25. They are allowed to exit and Mr. Oliver hands James a phone. "This works in Hammond. You want to talk to my guys, or you need some backup or just to tell us the good news, you give me a call. Or let me know and I'll bring 'em to the bar now. Help will cost you, of course, but we'll give you a discount. if you need gear I can provide that too. No Naruni crap though. I don't do business with alien scum like them." He shakes James' hands and lets them leave. James will have to ride with Codex or Mane; Mane has his bike and Codex the car. Of course they can just get right to interrogating the men who rescued Lee-Lee or following any other lead they can think of.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Mane » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Perception (52% Normal Bar, 90% IFF Bar): 1d100 = 21
JIC Rolls: 1d100 = 7, 1d20 = 15

As they left the van and returned to the bar, Mane kept his senses keen to his surroundings just in case some kind of double-play was in the works for unknown reasons. The shorter return trip was not lost on him, which gave the cat some sense of reassurance that things were on the up-and-up with this crew. With a mutual interest, for the time being, it seemed they would be allies, and possibly valuable ones at that. If the team worked the mission right, perhaps they could be counted on again in the future as well.

Once his feet were on the ground again and his nose was taking in the cold, frigid air, Mane turned to Fang to give him some reassuring parting words. "Rest assured, my brother. As sure as peace guides the planets, and love steers the stars, we're going to kill that psycho piece of shit and make him pay in blood."

Mane paused for a moment after saying that, expecting a disciplinary shock form his brain implant, but was then pleasantly surprised when nothing happened. He grinned to himself, wondering if he had finally found the middle ground between brutal killer and hippy pacifist, but then got distracted from such thoughts as his sense of duty came to the forefront.

The hulking cat turned to the boss man, Howlett, and asked for his orders. "So what's the play, big boss? Do we find and shake down the local Naruni dealer, or wait for intel about a juicer with a funny helmet?"

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61/27%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 70

Casper waits to hear Howlett's intentions. The whole situation sits uneasy with him. Dog Boys, Kill Cats and the like have always been abominations to him. Like a human trapped in a deformed body unable to ever escape. Created by the whim of twisted humans. He's studied wolfen, and though they are so similar they don't bother him.

Still, what's being done isn't right either. Casper has no tolerance of cruelty no matter who. Even someone facing death, it should always be done quickly. And why penalize someone for something that cannot be undone that they had no part of? At any rate that fork in the road was passed many years ago.

Nothing to do but find this person and end their bloodlust.
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 73
Conditions: None

CS High Command wrote:"We'll take you back and you can leave out from there if you'd like. I'm waiting to hear back from my boys on where they saw him last. If you want, I can bring them in and let you question them. I want this animal taken down. It ain't right what he's doin."

James nods. "Yes I would like to talk with them as soon as possible." James says before being loaded into the van again.

CS High Command wrote:"This works in Hammond. You want to talk to my guys, or you need some backup or just to tell us the good news, you give me a call. Or let me know and I'll bring 'em to the bar now. Help will cost you, of course, but we'll give you a discount. if you need gear I can provide that too. No Naruni crap though. I don't do business with alien scum like them."

James takes the phone and puts it into his coat pocket. After shaking Mr. Oliver's hand James smiles. "Yes, Let us meet your men so I can see what they know. I agree, when we find the killer, I will call you and your men. I want him dead, and soon." James says with a predatory smile.

James looks to Casper and Mane. "Let's see what his men know and then we can go hunting. Someone get the others on the horn and see where they're at." James says as he gets out of the van and heads back into the bar.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby CS High Command » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Time: 1900 by end of post. The sun is down low, and certain buildings hide it entirely. Lights blaze at street corners.

James Howlett wrote:James nods. "Yes I would like to talk with them as soon as possible."

Mr. Oliver nods. "I'll have them ready to meetcha when we get back."

True to his words, four men are present in the back room when they get there. Mr. Oliver introduces them to the team. "This is Jack, Jamison, Buddy, and Jim. Guys, answer any questions the Doc has, unless it affects business. Then be polite but keep your lips shut like you should. You know what I don't want blabbed. But anything but that, you're good to go." He turns to Howlett. "All yours, I'll pull the doors so you have some privacy. Good hunting and call when you need us."
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 77

He nods at the four guys as they are brought in. Casper looks over at Howlett and then something pops back into his mind. "You know Fang was talking about that other style of helmet too. Do any of you remember more about it? Can you describe it better?"

While it may just be different gear, it might be worthwhile ensuring there aren't two different individuals they are looking for.
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 80
Conditions: Cybernetic Senses.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 75/65% (70% vs Armed Forces Personnel) (James putting on his best face.)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 2/35% (James putting on his best face.)
Public Speaking 1d100 = 13/64% (Keep the Goons engaged and hopefully talking)
Intelligence 1d100 = 9/58% (Piece together the intel to make a bigger picture.)
Psychology 1d100 = 23/74% (Get into the Goons heads, see if they know what they're talking about.)

James takes a seat and looks at the four men before him. Standard Black Market goons... Not unexpected. James thinks as he puts a smile on his face to disarm the others. "Hello, I'm Doc. I hear you guys have some info on the man who attacked LeeLee. Why don't you tell me your story, and then I'll see if I can clear up the confusion with some questions." James says looking at the four men.

James listens to the men, recording their testimony for later analysis. Once they've wrapped their story up, James begins to ask questions.

"So first of all the warehouse you found him at, would it be easy to stash a small vehicle to get away?" James asks, more to see what they know of the area.

"When you found him in the warehouse with LeeLee, what did you guys do to scare him off?" James asks, genuinely curious.

"Was he using all Naruni Gear?" James asks, just to get a guess at the firepower the bastard can level.

OOC: I can't really think of any other questions really, but I suppose something may come up when I get the responses from them. ~James
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 94

Mane eyeballed the four gentlemen with a hint of suspicion. Maybe it was the time he spent with the ISS dog boys, but knee-breaker goons like this put the battle cat on edge. Especially with names like theirs, each named after some kind of booze. What, no Fireball or Pendleton? Color me suprised. Mane sarcastically thought to himself.

Once the interrogation began, Mane's thoughts got to work on anything his hunter's mind might contribute to the questioning. All the while, his bionic surveylance eye recorded everything.

"When you saw the creep, how hands-on was he? Do remember if he was carving Lee-lee up with handheld tool he could ditch, or keep his distance with? Or was it part of him, like bionic claws ... or maybe natural weapons... letting him get his fingers right in there with the flesh and blood?"

Maybe his questions might be helpful. Maybe not. At the very least they may help him better get in the mind of his opponent... this artist of pain.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:13 pm

Time: 1905 by end of post. The sun is down low, and certain buildings hide it entirely. Lights blaze at street corners.

James Howlett starts off wrote:"Hello, I'm Doc. I hear you guys have some info on the man who attacked LeeLee. Why don't you tell me your story, and then I'll see if I can clear up the confusion with some questions."

As James walks in there is a scowl on his face that sets the man ill at ease, and its readily apparent - almost as if they can smell the military training on him. But as he speaks, they warm up to him. His demeanor and the earnest way he speaks about LeeLee brings them around. They begin quite helpfully.
Jack starts. "So I's leading these guys on a patrol, just checking out the area. Looking for thieves, guys trying to move through the area unauthorized, that sort of thing. Enough merch in some of the warehouses we don't open fire without cause, yanno. Anyway, we hear a yelp like a dog being tortured. It's a peculiar sound. I've heard it at dog fights before. Never heard a dogboy make it though, till LeeeLee. Hell of thing. And she's such a nice girl, for a dog. Anyway, asshole is there, decked out in Super-soldier armor from Naruni with some cloak like shadow pulled back so it's not covering him. Like he's trying not to get it dirty. We aim the light at him, and while the cloak just soaks up light, Leelee was a mess. Tied up on the side of a building with knives holding her up like a damn crucifix. turns out they were vibro-knives - some we'd given her for Christmas one year. You know, us guys. She's a good medic, and we wanted her safe."

He is becoming overwhelmed so, Jim takes over. "It's all good man, I got this. I was the one who reconned anyway. So me and Buddy, we head out and with Jack covering us with the 202 on our boat, plus Jamison on his JA-11. We're more close up oriented, yanno. We get there and it smells like death, only she aint dead yet. I'm no doctor, but I don't think he wanted her to die quick. Hell if it had been anyone but Leelee, I'd have just put a blast through her head to spite the guy. But you don't fuck with LeeLee and get away with it. Boss wouldn't like it. If we can't protect our own, we lose face. Sides, she's a good girl. Anyway, we start rumbling with this guy. All he's got are these claws and a whip - I think. Anyway he's not prepared for a firefight, but he moves like a juicer. Ain't seen anyone move like that who wasn't one. But the shit he was doing? I mean what juicer has a damn psi-sword like a damn cyber-knight? Or makes you see shit. I dunno. Still we wasn't backing down and he wasn't sticking around. We got cut up pretty good though, and we only barely managed to get LeeLee out of there."

James Howlett asks wrote:"So first of all the warehouse you found him at, would it be easy to stash a small vehicle to get away?"
Jamison replies. "Oh yeah, plenty of places to hide something smallish. Hovercycle, maybe a small car or bike? But he was fast. He probably could have run as fast as some cars though. With his freerunning moves you'd be hard pressed to follow him too."
Jack, having recovered, adds his own voice to the answer. "Yeah, sick bastard had some moves on him. Like watching a damn murderthon, except your own are the poor saps the sicko juicer is fucking up."

Mane interjects wrote:"When you saw the creep, how hands-on was he? Do remember if he was carving Lee-lee up with handheld tool he could ditch, or keep his distance with? Or was it part of him, like bionic claws ... or maybe natural weapons... letting him get his fingers right in there with the flesh and blood?"
Buddy chimes in. "Oh he had those Naruni Ripper Claws - the silver bladed ones? Real hands on or in, I guess. Dude was into inflicting maximum pain but keeping them alive long enough to feel it. You know I really wanted me a set of those before, but I think I'll stick with plain old Northern Gun shit, you know." He shudders at the thought. It's clear from his demeanor he is not used to being bothered by things.

James Howlett wrote:"Was he using all Naruni Gear?"

Jim answers. "Cept for the magic shit, yeah. At least that's all I saw. Some weird ass helmet though, not the normal kind. It like clipped on to this weird shit coming out of his head."

Casper Wilpepper clarifies wrote:"You know Fang was talking about that other style of helmet too. Do any of you remember more about it? Can you describe it better?"

Buddy pipes up again. "How did Fang see it? I mean it's weird. It almost looked like those scale like things on a pine cone? Well how they kinda overlap. Like that, but with extra armored bits clipped onto them around his skullcap and face and neck. There were feed tubes going to his head. Never seen that before. I tried to get them, but he moved so damn fast I couldn't. Still, that bastard was just creepy. I'd love to see him dead, but I'm not sure I'd be eager to mix it up with him. Shit he made me see was just fucked up."
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Mane » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 pm

{{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}}

Mane listened to the man's description of what happened and how he dug into the poor dog-girl victim, LeeLee. The reformed murder-machine was aghast at what he heard. The viciousness and shear barbarity of the mystery man's methodology was simultaneously repulsive and... stimulating... arousing... invigorating... exhilarating even!

He did his best to squash such wrong-think. The hulking cat even redoubled his efforts to refocus and maintain a level of detached professionalism. And that was working for him. But then he heard the words. The words that stired up that which was deeply buried within his psyche by some of the Coalition's best head-shrinkers.

Jim wrote:"We get there and it smells like death..."

"Oh... that smell." Mane rolled his eyes back in subdued, bearly contained ecstasy. With sense of smell being so deeply connected to memory, his favorite obsession rattled its cage with such furosity, a wave of his past kills' greatest hits flashed before the murderous cat's eyes in an instant.

Oh, the glory of it all!! he thought to himself, feeling alive in ways he hadn't been in months. Glory, Glory, Hallelujah!!

But then, as the skulls began to form in the pupil of Mane's sungular slayer eye (while his bionic eye burned Terminator red), he became aware of a painful electric buzzing behind his right ear. It was his chip coming online. That damned nuisance that held him by an invisible leash, and it was beginning to pull that leash very tightly.

Even so, the beautiful Rapture of death rattled in his mind reminding him of its sweet sweet nectars and forbidden delights. The Glorious warmth of gushing crimson... and that never-tiring look of Lights fading from a prey's eyes. If there was some kind of Spectre of death... some entity that reaped the souls of men... Mane yearned to see if even if could be killed, and how it would die.

It was then that Mane began to become aware of something else. A sound in the back of his mind's inner voice. A rythmic sound. One that has haunted him ever since he was released from psych-therapy at Chi-Town.

When the moooooooon is in the Seventh House

Dear God, no!! he thought to himself. Having recalled a inkling of his former self, and the pure agent of death that he was, Mane didn't want to let go of his true self yet again. But he could feel it slipping away. NO!!!

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Holding a hand to the side of his head, just behind his right ear as if in pain. The implant burned as hot as a plasma torch, and Mane squinted his eyes shut from the unrelenting anguish.

He realized bearly a few seconds had passed since Jim's recount shook something loose in his mind, but the boozy-named goon squad was still talking, but wrapping up.

Ex...Ex.. Excuse me... I think I need some fresh air. he labored to say through the blinding pain.

Mane didn't even wait to be excused. He quickly made his way outside of the warehouse, staggering as he went out into the evening's bitter cold. Not wanting others to see his moment of weakness, he quickly turned a corner into a dark alley.

Then peeeeeeace will guide the planets

"Noooooo!! I won't go back!!" the hulking Battle Cat howled into the night air, pounding his fist on the corner of the warehouse as he dragged himself by; the impact from his colossal strength shaking the building and thundering through the sheet metal. NOOOOOO!!!!

The maddening noise and burning sensation was proving itself more than a match for his will... which might have been the point of whoever put these insidious controls in his head.

And loooooove will steer the stars

That was it. The last straw.

"I got your love for you right here, motherfucker.

With that Mane popped out the steel-shredding black claw of his index finger and began to draw it closer to the side of his own head. Closer to the burning buzzing thing I his head... Closer to his own posterior auricular artery behind his right ear!

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception: d100/26%
JIC: 1d20/1d100

Casper listens to the details the four lay out. Those are distinctive helmets. Feeding tubes? Maybe a juicer like they mention? A layered helmet? That's something to go on.

Without any other questions coming to his mind, he looks to Howlett as Mane excuses himself. Casper is surprised for a moment and looks at Howlett for his reaction. Either way the interview was at an end. "That is all the questions I have personally. It gives us a little more to work on."
Casper Wilpepper
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12; 1d100 = 46
Conditions: None

James nods. Well that tells me more than enough, but not the minute details, but those would not be something these men would know. James thinks, before speaking. "My thanks gentleman, that concludes our meeting." James says as he gets up and offers to shake their hands.

James looks to Casper. "Let us collect Preacher, and return to base." James says before moving out of the back room so kindly provided for his use. When James can see Mane once more he shakes his head. Maybe that behavioral chip is underpowered/overpowered? James thinks while moving towards the battle cat. "Preacher we're moving, base for rendezvous with the others, then we hunt."

If no further business happens, James makes his way back to the appropriated headquarters.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:21 pm

{{{Rolls Carried Over}}}

James Howlett wrote:"Preacher we're moving, base for rendezvous with the others, then we hunt."

As Howlett rounded the corner, Mane already had a trembling claw piercing his own flesh. Crimson blood began to trickle down the side of his head and neck. Upon hearing Howlett's voice, Mane snapped out of his state, but only slightly.

The hulking white cat looked to the two men and found himself on his own knees. Tears rolled down his one good eye as a dozen conflicting emotions and thoughts cripples his mind. He lacked the strength to stand, so instead he began to crawl on all fours toward the pair.

"...please..." he pleaded in a tortured, almost whispered rasp; his braided lengths of hair dragging in the snow.

Mane crawled a little more and finally looked up to Howlett and Casper. The blood from the self-inflicted cut trickled more blood down the side of his neck and now was getting in his off-white mane of hair.

"...please... take it out. ... I'm begging you, Boss... take it out...

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum