This Going to the Dogs Already - Hammond Operations Center

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Hammond Operations Cent

Postby James Howlett » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 90
Conditions: Annoyed.

Skills
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 66/65% Pass (70% vs Armed Forces Personnel; Get Mane to listen.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 42/109% Pass (Hook into Preacher's Headjack and run a diagnosis.)
Medical Doctor: Diagnosis: 1d100 = 35/129% Pass (Anything medically wrong with Mane)
Medical Doctor: Treatment: 1d100 = 34/119% Pass (Deal with possible medical issues/complications)
M.D. in Cybernetics & Bionics: Diagnosis: 1d100 = 81/119% Pass (Figure out where his V-Chip is.)
M.D. in Cybernetics & Bionics: Surgery: 1d100 = 63/139% Pass (Remove V-chip)
Bioware Mechanics 1d100 = 54/104% Pass (See if V-Chip is actually malfunctioning)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 81/59% Fail (Is this psychic programming?)
Psychology 1d100 = 97/74% Fail (What did the CS Shrinks do to him?)
Psychology 1d100 = 39/74% Pass (Calm Preacher down so James can drill a hole in his skull.)
Aleksander: First Aid 1d100 = 26/90% Pass (To assist Jame's surgery)

Secret D6
1d6 = 1

As James looks around the command center, he sighs when he see's Mane loose his mind, whether deliberate or not. I do not have time for this. James thinks as he mentally links with Aleksander. "I need my medical bag and the crash cart." James commands the proto-skelebot before walking to Mane's fetal form.

"Preacher, snap out of it. I can not run this operation with you losing what little faculties you have!" James says sharply before kneeling next to the battle-cat. While some may be afraid of his strength or possible ability to lash out, James seem to not care one bit.

"I need you to calm down if I am going to pull this stupid chip out of your head, because if you start thrashing while I am in your skull you will lobotomize yourself. Do you understand?" James says a clearly so all around him can hear.

James looks to the others. "Help me move him to the trailer." James says in the tone of an order, before moving the Battle Cat to a bed in the trailer.

As Aleksander approaches, James takes the tools he requested from him and sets them on the ground next to Mane. "Calm down big man, I'll make it all better." James says quietly while taking the necessary tools from his equipment.

James unspools a length of wire and plugs it into the jack near Mane's ear, and begins running a system diagnostic, the information scrolling across his cybernetic eye's HUD, all the while his four arms are moving about and grabbing tools by touch alone. Holding up a drug dispenser, James hits mane with a mild sedative, before attaching a medical monitor device to his arm. James continues to read the data being provided by the headjack, while he looks to Mane's head and considers where the doctors installed the chip. If I were doing this as a standard procedure I would place it here, as protocol dictates. James thinks with a nod before resting his primary left hand over the spot. James cranks up all the sensors available in his prosthetic hand. (See Medical Sensor hand)

"Attend me, as nurse and assistant."

Once James is satisfied with Mane not thrashing about, he begins the surgery, using the laser finger attachments on his hands to first make an incision, then using a set of tools specifically designed for bionic work, opens Mane's skull casing. Aleksander keeps the wound clean and clear while James deftly works on the problem. James' four hands work in concert to quickly isolate the problem and get Mane patched back up.

Once James is done. He looks to the others. "He's going to be sore and cranky tomorrow." James says as he places the faulty behavioral chip into his bag.

James takes some time to clean up and put away his tools, looking in on Mane once more before going to clean up. Once James is cleaned up he makes his way to the conference room and takes a seat. "Aleksander, a pot of coffee if you would"

James pulls out his portable computer and sets it on the table before switching his radio to the team frequency. "Team meeting, Mane is excluded." James says with an authoritative tone.

Once the group has arrived and sat down James looks at each and everyone of them before speaking. "Update?" James says, before waiting patiently for everyone to tell him what they learned. Once they're done James speaks.

"Our target is likely a Delphi Juicer, a hybridization of psychic and juicer. He is armed with Naruni weaponry and armor and likely magical items that allow him concealment. His picture was taken in the bar where his only surviving victim works. The information from her and the bar's owner, likely a black market front. have identified several possible ways to track the target down." James says before he pours himself a cup of coffee and pulls a cigarette from a pack in his jacket. "Any questions thus far?"
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:14 pm

{{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}}

As the new face entered the picture, Mane began to uncontroably drool and snot all over himself and the floor. His mind had reached the breaking point. The battle cat was bearly aware anyone approached at all.

Culter wrote:He will kneel down near Mane as he continues rocking and attempt to gently touch the battle cat's body, attempting to appear as non threatening as possible [Invoke Trust], activating Brain Scan (10) to try to determine the cause; and if it is a 3rd party or an internal issue [Lores]. Culter is ready to quickly jump back should Mane become violent to his presence.

Brain Scan
(Mind Bleeder power)
Range: Touch
Duration: Varies
I.S.P.: 10
The psychic character can scan the brain to locate and identify both physical and mental aberrations, damage and impairment, including bruises, tumors, aneurysms, diseases, mental blocks, hypnotic suggestions, phobias, obsessions, traumas, magic insanities, magic curses, and similar mental blocks and aberrations. A brain scan does not reveal anything about the character's personality, memories, skills or thoughts. A brain scan is necessary to remove mental blocks, magic insanity and other forms of insanity.

Culter's psychic power reached into the pudding-like cat's mind, weaving through a labyrinth of mechanical subjugation. He discovered a cybernetic chip designed to alter its subject's behavior... a chip that was straining to the limits of its capacity to cage a seething monster beneath. A monster that was itself a form of insanity, obsessed with death and all of its myriad faces. The two were at war with each other the; casually between was what little grip on sanity Mane had to begin with.

The scan brought Mane slightly more into lucidity, but not much. Just enough to wipe the drool and liquid snot from his face. As for everything else...

He then became aware of Howlett speaking to him. Words. Important words. He strained to listen over the blaring lyrics that drowned his mind.

James Howlett wrote:"Preacher, snap out of it. I can not run this operation with you losing what little faculties you have!"
"I need you to calm down if I am going to pull this stupid chip out of your head, because if you start thrashing while I am in your skull you will lobotomize yourself. Do you understand?" James says a clearly so all around him can hear.

Mane didn't reply with any kind of voice. Verbal communication was well beyond him at that point. But he did understand. So in response he did the only thing that he could.

The hulking brute of a mutant cat rolled over onto his stomach, posted slight onto his elbows, and then with all his might he slammed his head into the concrete floor! The force of the impact more or less knocked him unconscious.

Unconscious, he dreamed he was locked in a drab gray concrete box. On the other side opposite him stood a scrawny, long haired, man in a loosely fitting tie-dye t-shirt and tight flower-printed yoga pants. On his eyes he wore rose-tinted glasses, and on his breath was a song.

That song!!

With an unbridled fury that Mane had not felt for many, many months, he unfurled his black steel-shredding claws and emitted of low growl. Not one more note would he suffer. Not... One... More... Note...

With the speed and grace of a lightning bolt given flesh,
Mane launched himself at his hippie nemesis. But to his surprise the hippie's strength was not as meager as it seemed. The stringy man, smelling of patchouli oil and skunky THC, caught Mane in midair, locking fingers to claws. Muscles strained as the two fought for dominance, fighting so hard tendons threatened to rend themselves from their moorings.

As if to pronounce his victory, the hippie began to speak in song. "When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars."

With the words of enslavment being spoken, Mane found his strength starting to wane and his joints began to buckle. It seemed as if once more the hippie chip was going to win. But then an new song sprang to his mind, and the rythmic words began sound from his own mouth, starting in an aggressive whisper.

"Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floor."
"Let the bodies hit the floor. Let the bodies hit the floor."

Hearing lyrics counter to his, the stringy hippie's eyes bulged with fear and his death grip began to loosen its ironclad might. However, he was far from defeated. The hippy chip tried to rally.

"And peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars."

But this time, something was different. Words of Aquarius failed to give the hippy the upper hand, and Mane's strength did not waver. In fact, the battle cat's might began to surge as his new song reinvigorated his murderous might.

One, nothing wrong with me.
Two, nothing wrong with me.
Three, nothing wrong with me.
Four, nothing wrong with me.
One, something's got to give.
Two, something's got to give.
Three, something's got to give ... NOOOOOOW!!!

With brute ferocity, the hippie's hands and fingers began to bend backwards and crackle as the bones began to shatter within. Slowly the spindly man was driven to his knees and Mane loomed over him, his rage all consuming.

He expected the avatar of the behavioral modification chip to cower and beg, but instead it slouched in defeat. It was no living thing. It had no life to beg for. No real life to give. But Mane's pent up fury didn't care. No words were necessary. His claws did all the talking for him.

Quickly the drab gray walls were painted in crimson, and viscera, and unidentifiable chunks of meat and bone strewn about like a child through wrapping paper on Christmas morning. Mane wanted to hear his foe scream, but he was denied his morbid accolades.

Blanketed in the gore of his enemy, Mane began to roar in triumph, but his roar faltered into scream, followed by weeping.

James Howlett wrote:Once James is done. He looks to the others. "He's going to be sore and cranky tomorrow." James says as he places the faulty behavioral chip into his bag.

As the others departed to their meeting, Mane laid there, unmoving, with a single tear rolling down the corner of his one real eye... a tear of joy.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Karl » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d100 = 73 1d20 = 11

Karl was, relieved in some ways, to be at what was 'base' for the time being. Base meant being with more friendlies, more friendlies meant safety in numbers, and that was something he always appreciated. Not to mention, man, it feels good to be back out in the field again actually doing something instead of a bunch of PR....

Mane wrote:In a harsh, emotionally depleted voice Mane could only manage to say one thing. "... Let the sunshine in... Let the sunshine in..."

From there Mane slowly flopped on his side and started rocking back and forth... muttering those four words over and over... his connection to reality rapidly fading away.

Karl hadn't really gotten to know the kill cat very well, but even he knew there was... well. Something -very- wrong with the huge cat. "The fuck happened to him!?" he'd blurt out in mild alarm, briefly forgetting to be more diplomatic about it.

James Howlett wrote:James looks to the others. "Help me move him to the trailer." James says in the tone of an order, before moving the Battle Cat to a bed in the trailer.

Karl still wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of having to manhandle Mane of all individuals, but he'd do as ordered none the less, sticking to the idea that 'less is more' in this instance since, as long as Mane was compliant, there was no need to potentially agitate the monster.

James Howlett wrote:Once James is done. He looks to the others. "He's going to be sore and cranky tomorrow." James says as he places the faulty behavioral chip into his bag.

"So... basically his usual self?" Karl would quip off hand before clearing his throat. "Sorry sir. Also.. uh.. what's wrong with him? Or was wrong with him?"

James Howlett wrote:James pulls out his portable computer and sets it on the table before switching his radio to the team frequency. "Team meeting, Mane is excluded." James says with an authoritative tone.

Karl, once more head on as ordered without any complaints. He still wasn't fully keyed in on what was what and who was who, so at least this would hopefully get him the answers he needed to get the job done on his end. Either way, he was glad to not be the one in charge. He didn't mind having rank, but he was much happier just doing his job, sticking his nose into machines and fixing them or shooting at the enemies of the CS, than he was being responsible for other people.

James Howlett wrote:Once the group has arrived and sat down James looks at each and everyone of them before speaking. "Update?" James says, before waiting patiently for everyone to tell him what they learned. Once they're done James speaks.

"Our target is likely a Delphi Juicer, a hybridization of psychic and juicer. He is armed with Naruni weaponry and armor and likely magical items that allow him concealment. His picture was taken in the bar where his only surviving victim works. The information from her and the bar's owner, likely a black market front. have identified several possible ways to track the target down." James says before he pours himself a cup of coffee and pulls a cigarette from a pack in his jacket. "Any questions thus far?"

"Sorry if I missed it previously sir, but is this a capture or kill mission?" Karl would inquire. "Also do we have some time to do some quick field repairs? Our SAMAS took a few light hits but nothing I can't have patched up pretty quick with enough materials or charged E-clips."
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:11 am

(Rolls carried over)

Lt. Jackson stands back and watches as Karl gives the hoverbike a once-over.

Karl wrote:"Well, can't do anything about it right now but that thing, what ever the heck it is, is definitely going to need to come out, sooner the better. I don't think it'll short anything out though if we just.... smash it. Rest of the bike seems to be perfectly fine. I... should be able to fix any issues with it, if I get enough time to familiarize myself with it."

Jericho gestures toward the device, as if inviting him to smash it. "Not my call, but I won't stop you." Part of him is relieved that Karl has a potential solution to the tracker issue, and part of him, deep down, is disappointed. He has an urge to blurt out some location-identifying info before Karl smashes the thing, but he tamps it way down. Can't do that. They'll think something's wrong with you.

As the other half of the team arrives, Jericho stands back and watches, first as the big kill-cat is walk-carried in, in some kind of mental state, and then as various team members begin to attend to him.

Karl wrote:"The fuck happened to him!?"

Jericho shakes his head, concern showing on his face. "Frak if I know."

He watches as surgery is performed on the garage floor, and, although he is familiar with the impromptu nature of field medicine, he reminds himself not to get injured. When he gets the announcement over his radio, he filters to the table with everyone else.

Howlett wrote:"Team meeting, Mane is excluded."
He gathers with the rest of the team and takes a minute to scrutinize the faces present.

When the 2nd LT looks at him and asks for an update, he states, with a bit of a burbie drawl. "Ell-Tee Jericho Jackson, reporting as ordered. Here to replace Snoopy Toretto."

He will assume that his file has been forwarded, but if it hasn't he will offer a brief rundown.
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 34/34
Jericho Jackson

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:55 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 65 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 27

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Like all good soldiers, when not needed, Drum takes a nap once his team has returned to their base of operations. He wakes when he hears the other team arrive. He sees them come in with Mane gibbering. "What's going on? Did he get hit?" Drum asks, but quickly realizes that there's no time for Doc or the rest to actually answer the question.

When Doc asks for help moving the body, Drum is on the move and picks up the bulk of large cat's weight and maneuvers him to where requested. He helps hold Mane still with one hand on his back, and the other on the base of his neck to keep him still. "Hey buddy, you can handle this, just let Doc do his work." Good lord! Doc is doing brain surgery right here on this dirty floor, that's crazy-amazing. He watches the four hands deftly perform the delicate work.

With the work finished, Drum joins the team meeting and listens to the quick briefing on their target. He asks, "Juicer's are fast. I've never had to fight one, just seen them in action. What's the best way to handle them?"
Drummond Leighton

Postby Culter » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:35 am

[[Rolls Held]]

Military Tactics [45%]: 1d100 = 40 (Ambush and if it was related/random after getting more intel)
Lore, Psychics and Psionics [35%]: 1d100 = 12 (Delphi Juicer)

Once Mane's situation is resolved, Culter will follow to the Conference Room. He will take a moment to ensure he recognizes each person at the table per his brief. When asked for an Update, Culter will shift uncomfortable and speak up when he gets the chance. Starting with his name prior to the update for first-time meetings sake, Culter begins "Everett Culter, Corporal. Beyond the ambush that claimed several lives, including two exceptional Dogboy Zappers I was escorting, I have no updates. Though, I want to get word back regarding the lives lost; I'll use the bunker's secure computer after the meeting to do so."

"Our target is likely a Delphi Juicer, a hybridization of psychic and juicer. He is armed with Naruni weaponry and armor and likely magical items that allow him concealment. His picture was taken in the bar where his only surviving victim works. The information from her and the bar's owner, likely a black market front, have identified several possible ways to track the target down." James says before he pours himself a cup of coffee and pulls a cigarette from a pack in his jacket. "Any questions thus far?"

A psionic juicer; that's a new one. Culter will nod, "The ambush, should we expect more interested parties to drop in unexpectedly during the mission or is this a more clandestine operation? " Culter asks. Not that one way or another effects me, I am already going to be overtly alert now because of that. He thinks to himself regarding the ambush.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:52 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 87
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 59

Back at the base the young scout goes about cleaning the built up snow and ice from his bike before bringing it into the garage. Setting the saddle bags with hopefully the intel to extract their revenge onto the conference table, Egan notices the big battle cat huddled into a small ball mewling like a kitten and seemingly broken in both mind and spirit. -What the fuck....- When the Doc stalks into the room and starts ordering people to move the unhinged murder machine into surgery, he doesn't hesitate to walk over and pick Mane up to get him to where the Doc can help.

At the sitrep after Mane has been 'cured', Egan sits back and stays silent as the new LT introduces himself and the nature of their high priority target gets revealed. -Another new guy, this unit just seems to churn through them.- with a slight chuckle and a shake of his head, the scouts thoughts keep moving on. -One of these days that will be me....might end up dead at the hands of one of these insanely powerful enemies we end up finding. Or hell, I just might get sick of this life and try something else....sanctioned or unsanctioned. But first things first, a Psi-juicer? Damn, that's going to suck some serious balls to try and kill.- With the questions of company and how to fight a juicer comes up the scout unsuccessfully tries to suppress a snort but remains silent. -With big area of effect, scorched earth style tactics...that's how. As for company, I don't think many people could stomach this kind of M.O. No, this sick fuck runs by himself, his talents are bought and paid for by others that don't like getting their hands dirty.-
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:23 pm

Mane's eyes fluttered as his brain started to process a hard reset. His muscles twitched... Not violently, but ever so slightly with renewed purpose. Somewhere in the back of his subconscious, the soldier cat knew there was a job to be done. A person that needed a good killing. And for a change, that prospect failed to excite him. Yet it was something that needed to be done with all the passion of another item on a check-list, with all the priority and urgency of taking the garbage out.

As he roused from his unconscious state -- whether it be due to his sense of duty, or the sedatives in his system waring off earlier than expected -- Mane began to mutter in his half-asleep state.

"Let the sunshine in... Let the bodies hit the floor... Let the bodies sunshine hit in floor... let... let... let... Mane's face contorted and his brow scrunched as the inner conflict within began to find resolution. Finally after much inner turmoil his face smoothed and a calm settled over him, and new song took root in his heart.

"... Let it be. Let it be. Let it be. Let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Mane's eyes opened. The song that tormented him was gone, as was the free loving inner voice of the hippy. But also absent was the visions of blood. The urge to explore the faces of death had dissolved from his waking thoughts. Within, there was a calm. An impenetrable, unflappable, steady calm... and a sense of duty.

As his perceptions sharpened, Mane became aware of the sound of talking in an adjacent room. It was his team. They were discussing the mission and how best to apprehend The Artist.

The Artist?!?

Mane sat up with a jolt. He regretted doing so the instant his head came to an upright stop. "... oooooooh ..." Apparently having one's head and skull cut open comes with the side effect of dizzy spells. His head spun for a moment, but eventually it passed.

Mane stumbled to his feet... woozily... and swerved his way to the sound of familiar voices, and one or two unfamiliar ones as well.

Cutler wrote:"The ambush, should we expect more interested parties to drop in unexpectedly during the mission or is this a more clandestine operation?" Culter asks.

"No." Mane answered from the entryway, his unsteady mass leaning against the door frame.

He turned to Howlett and gave the best salute he could muster... shaky at best. "Private Mane, reporting for duty, sir.

After any acknowledgment whatsoever, Mane returned his gaze to the new guy who asked the question. He assumed this new face was a friendly, otherwise he'd most likely be dead by the hands of the crew already. Same for the second new face.

"No, The Artist is a rogue. He hunts alone. And if any of our other interested parties could find him, they would have killed him already. So no sir. This is going to be an exclusive invitation-only party... though there may be innocent bystanders in the kill zone."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Culter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:17 pm

[[Rolls Held]]

"No, The Artist is a rogue. He hunts alone. And if any of our other interested parties could find him, they would have killed him already. So no sir. This is going to be an exclusive invitation-only party... though there may be innocent bystanders in the kill zone."

Culter looks to the Battle Cat and nods, "Glad to see you up and about. Specialist Everett Culter, Shock Specialist." Culter introduces himself with a grin to the battle cat that was formerly writhing on the floor, letting a minor arc of electricity appear between his fingertips during with his play on words. No point hiding it, better everyone sees what it is now. He thinks, not usually showing his abilities immediately but also recognizing the need for collaboration and team understanding. "Innocents usually try to run away from battle and those that don't aren't usually innocent. Avoiding unnecessary loss of life would be a bonus after the casualties earlier." Culter adds, and while no stranger to casualties during war, is never okay with them.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Active Abilities:

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 19
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 54
Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 32
Sense Supernatural Beings (72%): 1d100 = 50
Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 7
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 12
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 43

Culter wrote:[Culter looks to the Battle Cat and nods, "Glad to see you up and about. Specialist Everett Culter, Shock Specialist." Culter introduces himself ... letting a minor arc of electricity appear between his fingertips during with his play on words.

Mane gave the man a casual two-finger Boy Scout salute in reply. As he did so his heavy mass leaned harder against the door frame and he slowly began to slide down to the floor. Just the same, he wasn't about to let a dizzy spell ruin a chance to make a proper introduction, even if lacking poise and dignity.

Private Mane. Resident badass and brute force specialist. ... He paused as gravity slowly took him down to the dirty floor. Once there he managed to land on his tail and remain in a seated, semi-upright position, depending greatly on the doorframe for support. "... on my good days."

With the display of psychic electricity, Mane's likewise psychic senses came alive. He took note of the man's distinctive psychic scent and signature for later reference, especially in the heat of battle. He smelled the ozone in the from the spark, inhaling its distinctive flavor.

"Is that AC or DC?" he joked with a weak smile.

Cutler wrote:"Innocents usually try to run away from battle and those that don't aren't usually innocent."

"Unless they're the hero type... Or local first responders."

Mane considered laying on the floor, but thought that may be too much. This was an official team meeting, after all. He had gotten away with sitting on the floor before, so figured the boss wouldn't mind today.

Cutler wrote:"Avoiding unnecessary loss of life would be a bonus after the casualties earlier." Culter adds, and while no stranger to casualties during war, is never okay with them.

Mane offered a passive shrug of indifference. "M'eh. I'll kill any ten people if the boss so much as looks sideways at them. But, yes, in principle I'd agree.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:34 pm

GM Mini-Update

The "Hammond Operations Center" layout and description

The warehouse is a pretty basic warehouse with a basic office near one end. It is largely unused except for its bathroom and shower - which doubles the bathing facilities available to the team. The trailer is pulled by a Road Hammer Extended Cab tractor. The trailer and tractor are hooked up to local water and sewer. There is a large heater that is used to warm the central area around the trailer and the office area has its own heater.

Northern Gun APT Adventurers’ Trailer: The adventurers’ trailer is meant to be a home away from home. It has two entrances, one side door and a large door at the rear.
The interior has a small kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, sink and oven.
It has eight folding beds which can be converted into couches and chairs, a latrine and a tiny shower. There are two water tanks, hot water and drinking water, and a tank to store waste.
The APT can hold enough supplies for a group of eight to live well for up to one month, but that can be extended to two months with harsh rationing.
If the trailer lacks anything it is privacy. The trailer has a small nuclear power plant.
Also has a computer station, small armory (one of the storage areas is converted) and an E-Clip charging station tied into the trailer’s nuclear power system. The charger can hold up to four E-Clips at a time and it takes an hour to charge all four clips.

This trailer is built as a habitat, not for fighting, and NG warns buyers to try and avoid a firefight. A table has been set up in the bunk area for team meetings. Mane was left to rest in the office area on a cot that would support either him, Drummond, or the full conversion cyborg on the driving team.

The warehouse is guarded by alert security guards using electronic alarms, cameras, and roving patrols. The three men operate on 8 hour watches every 24 hours. Each does 8 hours of rest, 2 hours of downtime before their shift, their 8 hour shift on cameras and roving patrol, and 4 hours of being on call and backup for the active guard, and 2 hours of downtime before bed. Two of them are active at all times. When the team is in the warehouse, one of the team can take over a watch to give them a bit of downtime besides their prescribed times. But that is a luxury, not expected. Using IFF, they utilize rigid ID checks, and biometrics are required for armory and secure access points.

The team also has the following available in the trailer.
    2 X Wilk's PRC-60 Secure Field Radio (or Coalition Munitions Identical knockoff)
    6 X Language Translators
    2 X Wilk's Portable Ultra-Mini-Radar (or Coalition Munitions Identical knockoff)
    1 X Wilk's PC-2020 Field Identifier Laser Holographic Portable Computer
    1 X Wilk's Holographic Mini-Camera

The Cover: The Eclipse Transport Company is a small operation based out of the outskirts of Merctown. They offer transport of material from Merctown to surrounding communities, and occasionally sign on for longer haul jobs. Made up of three driving teams of three, the vehicles can operate continuously for the duration of their trip. They operate Road Hammer Extended Cab transports that will accommodate the three man teams. They are also known to operate in Coalition territory, but they must undergo extensive searches when entering Coalition territory, usually at a secure yard.*

*This of course allows the team to easily transit in and out of CS territory without raising attention such as might be garnered from the use of aerial transport. They simply fly to a nearby depot, use land transport to the inspection depot, and then load into the vehicle for the final leg to Merctown.

Personnel of note:
Daris Fare - human male from Center (Phase World). Electronics Expert; Computer Expert; Security Expert; Familiar with Naruni and Splugorth technology, as well as anything else Galactic standard. Now familiar with Northern Gun, Triax, Wilks, and CS technology. Wears Trekker Pilot EBA and uses a NG-45LP, a L-20 Pulse Rifle and a Bandit BigBore Shotgun. The bigbore also shoots normal rounds and he keeps some MPAS shells on his person, just in case. Keeps several vibro-knives and a silver combat knife on his person. Also has a drone control deck and some "strange" (NEMA) recon drones.

Galen Tirol - human male from Picon (Battlestar Galactica). Airframe Mechanic and general mechanical genius. Now a full fledged Operator and fully familiar with Northern Gun, Bandito, Wilks, Triax, and CS technology. Has a full tool kit built into the Roadhammer and multiple portable kits. Wears Trekker Pilot EBA and uses a NG-45LP, a Wilk's 237 "Backup", and a Wilk's 557 VFLAR "Chameleon." Also has a few automatic pistols, most with silver and regular rounds. He also has a neuro-mace.

Talden Graff - human from from the Northern Wilderness (Palladium World). Formerly a farmer/laborer. Was once a bio-borg laborer, but was converted to a full conversion borg by Howlett. Familiar with most modern weapons due to extensive training after conversion, and fairly well versed in security procedures and driving. Conversion is largely for labor and resilience. Only built in weapons are a silver plated vibro-saber in each arm, but he does have a built in jet pack. Wears NG made Espionage armor and keeps a Triax TX-50 Railgun as his longarm, and a NG-45LP for his sidearm. He also keeps a huge two handed Naruni Ripper Blade in the truck, just in case.

Aleksander - "Modified" Repair Class Skelebot (actually a NEMA-RX 2020-RA). Recovered by the team on some mission and now used by Howlett.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:02 pm

<<Rolls Carried Over>>

James listens to each of the team and makes some notes on his computer. Technically an unnecessary action as he could just store the info into an inbuilt unit, but the action was a calming placebo.

Jericho Jackson wrote:"Ell-Tee Jericho Jackson, reporting as ordered. Here to replace Snoopy Toretto."

James looks up at Jericho. "Badger, your call sign is Badger. This is an op, we go by call signs and false identifications, so either Badger or Sid Abernathy." James says quietly in a nearly monotone way. High marks, enough schooling to make some higher ups worried. Likely a minor slip up due to excitement. James thinks as he looks to Drum.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Juicer's are fast. I've never had to fight one, just seen them in action. What's the best way to handle them?"

James tilts his head and looks to be recalling information. "No definitive way to deal with a juicer. Though like any combat situation the rules still apply, deny them their strengths and stack your deck. In this case, disorientation, denial of mobility, constant harassment. The target is an artist, a diva. So we give him a spotlight and then show him how unimportant he is." James says with a particular edge of coldness in his voice.

Culter wrote:"Everett Culter, Corporal. Beyond the ambush that claimed several lives, including two exceptional Dogboy Zappers I was escorting, I have no updates. Though, I want to get word back regarding the lives lost; I'll use the bunker's secure computer after the meeting to do so."

James sighs. "Electrician or Everett Calidus..." James says letting the previous dressing down remain unsaid. Well decorated. James thinks. "All official reports will wait till the operation is over, we have many eyes on us now."

Culter wrote:"The ambush, should we expect more interested parties to drop in unexpectedly during the mission or is this a more clandestine operation? " Culter asks.

James looks to his notes, more to gather his thoughts then actually read anything on the screen. "It is a possibility. The local Black Market has a particular beef with the target and has offered assistance if needed. There are several mercenary companies who may just jump in if the fight is active enough. There is also the visible Coalition presence that could possibly stumble onto our operation as well. The real question that should be asked is who could not drop in on this operation." James says confidently.

Mane wrote:"No." Mane answered from the entryway, his unsteady mass leaning against the door frame.

He turned to Howlett and gave the best salute he could muster... shaky at best. "Private Mane, reporting for duty, sir.

James looks over to Mane. Wonders never cease... though he's disobeying orders again... was he conscious when I told him to stay down? James thinks.

Mane wrote:"No, The Artist is a rogue. He hunts alone. And if any of our other interested parties could find him, they would have killed him already. So no sir. This is going to be an exclusive invitation-only party... though there may be innocent bystanders in the kill zone."

James sighs. "Preacher, either go lay back down or at least find a seat, you are no good to the team if you have an aneurysm before the operation." James says in an almost fatherly tone.

Culter wrote:"Glad to see you up and about. Specialist Everett Culter, Shock Specialist."

James sighs and shakes his head.

Culter wrote:"Innocents usually try to run away from battle and those that don't aren't usually innocent. Avoiding unnecessary loss of life would be a bonus after the casualties earlier."

Mane wrote:Private Mane. Resident badass and brute force specialist. ... He paused as gravity slowly took him down to the dirty floor. Once there he managed to land on his tail and remain in a seated, semi-upright position, depending greatly on the doorframe for support. "... on my good days."

James groans. Him too...

Mane wrote:"Is that AC or DC?" he joked with a weak smile.

James smirks. At least he still has a sense of humor.

Mane wrote:"Unless they're the hero type... Or local first responders."

"These are both true, though the likely hood of first responders where we will be fighting the target are statistically low." James says in response.

Mane wrote:"M'eh. I'll kill any ten people if the boss so much as looks sideways at them. But, yes, in principle I'd agree.

James looks stoic at the comment. James suddenly looks over at Karl. "Welcome back Rosewood. I thought you had been gobbled up by the other units." James says as a strange sort of greeting before addressing the team as a whole.

"It is late and Preacher is a mess. Normally I would say lets kick this operation into gear, but with the situation as it is, we are going to actually start tomorrow. Our goal is to begin a covert patrol in what I surmise is his theater, and hopefully catch him either on the move or in the act. So get your sleep, gear will be checked in the morning and we will begin our search at fifteen hundred hours. Anymore questions? Dismissed." James asks.

If there is no more questions, James will look Mane in the eye. Natural eye to natural eye. "GO TO BED." James says sternly like a parent scolding a child.

Once the team scatters, James mentally connects to Aleksander. "Coffee... I have some work to do."

James spends a great deal of time drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, and detailing out an outline of a plan fluid enough to deal with an elusive Delphi Juicer Serial Killer. Eventually when sleep takes him, he dreams of a small dusty farm in the middle of the CS state of Lonestar, and of things that never happened.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:36 am

Perception Bonus: 36%/ 48% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 4

JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 32

Howlett wrote:"Badger, your call sign is Badger. This is an op, we go by call signs and false identifications, so either Badger or Sid Abernathy."

Jackson nods. "Roger that."

Drummond wrote: "Juicer's are fast. I've never had to fight one, just seen them in action. What's the best way to handle them?"

A rogue juicer is serious work. This is no laughing matter. Jericho mutters, "Kill 'em before they see you."

Howlett wrote:"The target is an artist, a diva. So we give him a spotlight and then show him how unimportant he is."

Jericho nods appreciatively. I like that plan better. Howlett's a good planner, it looks like.

Mane wrote:"Private Mane, reporting for duty, sir."

Jericho watches in shock as the Battle cat enters the briefing area. "Um... you just had brain surgery, Private..."

Howlett wrote:"It is late and Preacher is a mess. Normally I would say lets kick this operation into gear, but with the situation as it is, we are going to actually start tomorrow. Our goal is to begin a covert patrol in what I surmise is his theater, and hopefully catch him either on the move or in the act. So get your sleep, gear will be checked in the morning and we will begin our search at fifteen hundred hours. Anymore questions? Dismissed."

Jericho heads back to where his gear is stowed, and strips out of his power armor before field-cleaning and checking his weapons, armor, and the rest of his gear. He waits until the others are ready to bunk down before grabbing an unclaimed rack for himself. As he lays there, he attempts to pull the abbreviated dossiers on his new teammates, to familiarize himself with their MOS and talents. As is often the case, his first attempts to access the files hit an electronic roadblock, and he is forced to remember the protocols he'd been given before he tries to access them again. I could just ask, of course, but I'm already the FNG and these guys are trying to rack down.

Computer Operation 65% 1d100 = 72 (FAIL)
Computer Operation 65% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)

Military Etiquette 60% 1d100 = 62 (FAIL)
Military Etiquette 60% 1d100 = 72 (FAIL)

Intelligence 50% 1d100 = 35 (SUCCESS)

If he is successful He reviews each soldier's call sign, cover ID, and skills until he remembers them by rote, before powering down his computer and going to sleep.

(GM Note: Assume success)
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 34/34
Jericho Jackson

Postby Karl » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84
JIC: 1d100 = 81 1d20 = 16

James Howlett wrote:James looks stoic at the comment. James suddenly looks over at Karl. "Welcome back Rosewood. I thought you had been gobbled up by the other units." James says as a strange sort of greeting before addressing the team as a whole.

"Well, I had been for a bit sir." Karl replied to James "I'll be quite honest when I say, I'm much happier out in the field than on the previous duties they had me on. While I understand the importance, it's just not the same."

James Howlett wrote:"It is late and Preacher is a mess. Normally I would say lets kick this operation into gear, but with the situation as it is, we are going to actually start tomorrow. Our goal is to begin a covert patrol in what I surmise is his theater, and hopefully catch him either on the move or in the act. So get your sleep, gear will be checked in the morning and we will begin our search at fifteen hundred hours. Anymore questions? Dismissed." James asks.

"No questions sir, though unless you object I'll do a quick bit of patch work on the minor battle damage the suits sustained." Karl said speaking up. "Just a few pockmarks as far as I'm aware so it's a job I can have done in just a few minutes." he'd add. Especially with that new gadget I found. I have -no- idea where it came from but man, is that thing fantastic for quick repair jobs like this....

Provided he's given leave to do so, Karl will just repair the damage to the SAMAS units using the matter converter unit he has and then slot the e-clips for recharging before hitting the rack.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:28 pm

{{{Prior Rolls Carried Over }}}

Jericho Jackson wrote:Jericho watches in shock as the Battle cat enters the briefing area. "Um... you just had brain surgery, Private..."

"Tis but a scratch." Mane replied with his head spinning, but doing his best to maintain a modicum of dignity. "After a little cat nap, I'll be right as rain. ... Rain? ... Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrain." While normally stoic and a little priggish, Mane found himself suddenly enamored with the prpronunciation of this ordinary word.

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." As he emphasized the letter, the once-fearsome lion puckered his lips out as far as they would go and his eyes bulged and looked down to examine his own lips as he did so.

Suddenly, he stopped and looked confused. "... what were we talking about?"

James Howlett wrote:If there is no more questions, James will look Mane in the eye. Natural eye to natural eye. "GO TO BED." James says sternly like a parent scolding a child.

"Yes, sir." he answered without complaint. With that, from his seated position on the floor, Mane twisted and belly-flopped down, landing in a posted position. From there he began the arduous task of crawling back to the impromptu surgical bed.

Along the way, he hollared an answer to one of the earlier questions. "And by the way, the best way to kill a juicer is with high grade explosives. It's kind of hard to dodge a plasma grenade with a proximity fuse. The SWAT dogs in Chi-Town taught me that one. Proooooooooooximity... Ooooh, that's a funny sounding word..."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Culter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:25 am

JiC: 1d100 = 43 / 1d20 = 1
Perception [41%]: 1d100 = 40
Weapon Systems [55%]: 1d100 = 25 (Weapons check on all weapon systems he has)
Intelligence [40%]: 1d100 = 87
Sensory Equipment [40%]: 1d100 = 4 (Sensory systems check and passive sweeps before standby mode.)

Culter doesn't add anything else to the briefing and leaves when dismissed. "In the morning, then." Is all Culter says before heading out of the Conference Room and back towards the hanger.

He will first return to his Blue Hawk and jump inside, doing a full systems check on its weapons and sensors to ensure operational efficiency, walking it up to a rapid deployment or ready spot and finally placing it in a standby mode when all systems are green. During his check, he will conduct passive sweeps as far as his PAs systems will let him, double checking his sensors.

Okay, Culter. Act like a mercenary here, not a soldier. Even though I've had to be the star soldier just to avoid any problem with anti-psionics and even with my past experience, I'm still a specialist. It's okay, I knew it'd be this way. I'll prove myself here just like I did everywhere else; kicking ass. Culter reinforces to himself during his check on his PA. He'll check and secure all of his spare weapons, ammunition and equipment that goes with him on missions near or inside the Blue Hawk, only keeping his 45LP on him with his jumpsuit, leaving the rest prepped for the morning.

After Culter takes care of his responsibilities, he finds bunk and sits against the wall of the bunk, pulling out a small black sphere from a hard pocket in his utility belt, holding it in his left palm and letting a small current build up inside the sphere as it slowly floats an inch or so above his hand. The static electricity generated by the conductive sphere helping to keep him relaxed and calm; closing his eyes for a awhile before putting the sphere away and racking out. If any of the team walk up on him making the sphere float, he'll let it fall as if he had tossed it lightly up, catch it and lie down to go to sleep.

He'll aim to be awake by 0500 unless otherwise stated to get a morning workout and light breakfast in before equipment check and mission SP; at 0500, he is awake and not groggy, usually straight out of bunk, still in his soldier-tastic ways.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Casper Wilpepper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/26%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 73

Casper watches the scene. So many new faces. The event with Mane was surprising and unsettling. Now they will be tangling with a juicer. One juicer he feels is within their capacity, but how many might there be behind the scenes.

Snapping back to the now, he looks around and sees everyone exiting the briefing. Approaching James, Casper says, "My apologies for being so quiet, I may not be much use other than being another set of eyes. I'll go wherever you put me."
Casper Wilpepper
Alias: Codex
Casper Wilpepper
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 pm

{{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}}

After Mane returned to his impromptu operating table and climbed his way back up (maintaining what was left of his dignity along the way), he found himself lying on his back. The bed was oddly comfortable with it's flat, unforgiving support, and he found himself unconscious again in no time.

Normally when the hulking cat closed his eyes and retreated to the solitude of slumber, his dreams would often be of vile, murderous, violent things. His reoccurring dream of floating in the river of blood often brought him up a perverse sense of comfort, placating his subconscious yearning for the Faces of Death. Visions of disembowelment, eviscerations, and exsanguinating of jetting crimson cooed him like a mother to her child, bringing solace and peace like nothing else could.

But that wasn't the case this night. This night brought something different. Something new. Something troubling.

With his monster quelled and inner demons caged, Mane's dreams began in similar fashion as they always had in the past. With a sense of blood in the air. His old friend Death was around the corner, and wanted him to come out and play. He saw the Doggirl LeeLee and she was before her current fateful state. Beautiful and poised, a thing worthy of coveting.

Behind her loomed a shadow. A shadow that bore teeth and claws. Mane called out to the beautiful mutant dog, but found his voice absent; his deafening lion's roar impotent. The shadow drew closer, and Mane froze in fear.... Fear??? In all his short years, Mane had never known such a thing! But there it was, clutching him like a block of quick-drying cement.

As the shadow consumed LeeLee, Mane finally willed himself to move. With a dash of blurring speed he broke into a mad sprint. A speed that rivaled even that of a juicer's, though now it was to no avail. Strangely his legs were slowed and the distance between he and LeeLee began to expand.

LeeLee screamed in anguish as her flesh began to dissolve and slice under the touch of the insidious shadow. Her various body parts emerged and submerged in and out of the obsidian blob-like being as it consumed her in both body and torment. With her suffering, the shadow was nourished and grew.

With desperation blinding his every rational thought, Mane finally reached LeeLee and tried to cut her free wifh his claws. But as he tried, the sadistic shadow maneuvered the doggirl's body into the line of his slashes. Against his will, the once invincible mutant lion cut into her flesh. And every time he did so, he felt... what is this?? ... a stinging twinge of pain all over. Some sort of sympathetic pain! ... What is this sympathy thing??? ... It was so new to Mane, yet he understood what it was. Had it been there all along, subdued under his psychosis?

As suddenly as the attack began, the shadow dissolved. All that remained was LeeLee's butchered body and the distant echo of the shadow's laughter.

Mane tried to comfort LeeLee, but it was she that tried (and failed) to comfort him with her dying words. "It's okay... It's okay... You were just too weak ... The Artist is too strong for any of us."

In his heart, Mane's absolute confidence wavered. While before he relished his pending fight against The Artist, now he was consumed wifh self-doubt... another new for him.

Culter wrote:After Culter takes care of his responsibilities, he finds bunk and sits against the wall of the bunk, pulling out a small black sphere from a hard pocket in his utility belt, holding it in his left palm and letting a small current build up inside the sphere as it slowly floats an inch or so above his hand.

The psychic display roused Mane from his deep slumber. It took him a moment, but he recognized the psychic signature of the new guy, Cutler.

He started to raise his head to say something, but the dizziness from before quickly returned. Instead he decided to just leave it be and remain there. Rest was the best thing he could do for himself and the team.

Tomorrow... soon... Mane would be face to face with the mad butcher of mutants, The Artist. But while before he relished the pending opportunity, he was suddenly filled with doubt. Did the dream reveal something new about himself? Did he lose some import part of who he was? ... Was or still is? ... Who or what is he without the Faces of Death to guide his way?

Mane drifted off back to sleep, but not easily. Questions and doubts filled his mind. Questions and doubts about his own capabilities and fitness for duty. Questions and doubts about these ... feelings ... that intruded his dreams and waking thoughts.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Perception: 24% vs Invalid dice code! (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: Invalid dice code!, Invalid dice code!

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Drum takes in the information about the Delphi Juicer. Limit their options and use area effect weapons, got it, he thinks. Well, I've got some grenades.

After the briefing. Drum stands and moves out of everyone's way. He watches them go about their business and go to sleep. Drum has to sleep too, but it's more out of boredom and habit than anything else. Seeing Mane wig out makes him think about the months right after his accident. He didn't volunteer to be a cyborg, and the various Shrinks and actual Mind Benders like Culter worked on him to channel his feeling of loss into a desire for more augmentation. Avid Technophile is what one of them called him, whatever that meant. All he knew is that he is strong and faster than before, that his body was no longer constrained by the limits of flesh. He knew Mane was stronger, but in an endurance marathon, he felt sure he'd win. And perhaps with a little bit of persuasion, he could convince Doc to authorize a full suite of upgrades. Watching Doc do brain surgery on the spot was amazing.

He checks his chronometer, dawn and action can't come soon enough.
Drummond Leighton

Previous

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum