This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Postby CS High Command » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Date: January 10, 110 PA
    Time: 0530 by end of post
    Temp: 5°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: A little over a half a mile from the nearest Ley Line; 2 miles from the nearest nexus to the North and 8.5 miles from the nearest nexus to the south.
    Location: The Free City of Hammond at the warehouse acting as the field operations base.

Morning comes early and the crew is starting to wake up. Coffee is brewing, the bathrooms are engaged, passed to the next soul, and so on. Despite the heaters a chill lays over the group, one thankfully banished by heated MREs, half decent coffee, and a bit of moving around.

The group has a tentative destination, a partial description, and some willing help, if they use it. The first question is how will they proceed.

The warehouse district in question is a great place to have a base of operation. In fact had it not been for the heavy black market presence, they'd have used it themselves. Plenty of warehouses, some unused, lots of blind spots, ambush points, and places to lose pursuers. There is enough traffic to blend into, but not enough to call to close attention to any one person. The Chicago Network makes sure everyone minds their own business, but remain alert to outsiders and danger. A place where a subtle killer like the "Artist" can operate, but expect to remain anonymous. Still, he'd stepped in it with Lee-Lee and now the 40-4th had his trail.

to give an idea of the kind of environment, open this
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush

Postby Karl » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 83
JIC: 1d100 = 83 1d20 = 6

Codename: Rosewood

Karl spent most of his early morning time going over his kit, making sure all his E-clips were freshly charged and swapping them out for ones that were if they weren't, ensuring that any clips needing charging were slotted into the charger and other fairly typical techie duties. Someone else might technically have the job of doing it, and would have certainly before he rejoined the unit but it was just habit for him by this point. Besides, he'd never met a grunt who complained when someone else did their job for them. Beyond that he'd dig into his MREs, coffee, do a few morning exercises to stretch out, warm and wake up. Ugh... I always feel so sluggish getting going on cold days....

Once that was all done he'd see to double checking that all the appropriate replacement munitions were loaded into the various vehicles, as well as try and poke his nose into seeing what the team's actual inventory of missiles and munitions actually was at the moment. Once all that was done he'd wait for Howlett to be up and about and clearly ready for his day to start before approaching the man. "Morning sir, just wondering what our resupply prospects are around here. Salvage only or there any known merchants in case we need to restock?"
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 am

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 30 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 29

Alias: Doug Blackwood

Drum waits patiently as everyone gets moving in the morning. He'd eaten what little he needed, and checks over his gear multiple times while the rest of his team gets ready. A bit self conscious, he moves to a corner to remove his visor and wipes down his face with a moistened towelette. I've heard some of other troopers get a full facial replacement, a synthetic version of their own face. It'd make maintenance even easier, but then that would remove one last areas that I have full human sense of touch. Tough call that I am not ready to make yet.

When he hears the word 'Salvage' from Karl, he moves over towards him. He pipes up, "If it is just salvage, I can assist, I received special training in that area just before joining the 40-4th."
Drummond Leighton

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:24 am

Perception Bonus: 36%/ 48% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 1 (CRIT SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 6

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

Jackson gets up, shaves, and tears into an MRE pack and a cup of coffe before rechecking all the gear he'd checked last night.

All right... per last night's briefing this is a covert patrol and we're looking for a delphi Juicer known as the artist. Easy-peasy.

Now, My PA flies silent, so I can be airborne, or I can use my FreeRunner exoskeleton, and go on foot, across rooftops. He thinks for a moment, and opts for his PA, reasoning that the freerunner suit is best for indoor, or otherwise altitude-limited operations. He begins suiting up, and doing his pre-op systems check.

I love this suit... it's like it was built just for me. He dons all but the helmet, and smiles.

When he sees Mane, it is hard for him to mask his concern. He places a steadying hand on the kill-cat's shoulder. "All right, Preacher? You were in rough shape yesterday."
LT Jericho Jackson
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Culter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:11 am

JiC: 1d100 = 94 / 1d20 = 16
Perception [41%+25% on rolls involving electrical anomalies, devices, etc.,]: 1d100 = 72

Following Skills in Regards to Morning Systems Check
Pilot: Robots and Power Armor :66%]: 1d100 = 3 (Pre-Flight)
Read Sensory Equipment [40%]: 1d100 = 33
Basic Electronics [65%]: 1d100 = 71
Weapon Systems [55%]: 1d100 = 17
Computer Operation [50%]: 1d100 = 83
Electronic Countermeasures [50%]: 1d100 = 66

Conditions: Impervious to all forms of electricity, Electrokinesis (2 I.S.P.: 6 minutes)

Alias: Calidus

Rousing normally at just before 0500 and head to the bathrooms to handle the three S's (shit, shower, shave) before jumping into his flight suit and heading towards the hanger bay with a cup of coffee and some minor food ration in hand.

As he approaches his Blue Hawk, he scans the exterior for any oddities that weren't there when he racked out and feel the mental pull in the back of his mind as he reaches out and manipulates the Blue Hawk's start up to act as a remote start up, powering on as he approaches it. He sets down his drink and jumps up into the power armor, initiating a systems check to run as he climbs back down and goes through checking the exterior. He'll be checking it's weapons systems, sensors systems and security systems, as well as doing a pre-flight check.

When Culter sees Mane up he'll lightly acknowledge him with a nod and tip of his drink, "Morning, how are you feeling?". Bastard has got an iron will, most would be bed ridden and stay bed ridden after such events for days.

If he spots Jericho at close to the same time, he'll address him as well. "Morning, I haven't officially met you, though your arrival yesterday was timely and appreciated." He offers.

Once he is satisfied, he will place the power armor into a standby mode and step back looking at it. Still in good shape. I take care of you, you take care of me. He thinks before moving away. He'll move and find Karl, being the initial one sent with him and hopefully find him, Drummond and Howlett together. He'll approach the conversation and listen, genuinely curious about the new assignment location as well.

"Morning." He offers the three if given the opportunity, otherwise he listens.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 am

(rolls carried over)

Culter wrote:"Morning, I haven't officially met you, though your arrival yesterday was timely and appreciated."

Jericho stops and shakes the man's hand. "Right - Calidus? I'm Badger."

He smiles and adds, "I had nothing to do with the timing of my arrival, but I'll gladly take the credit for it. So... you're the zapper, right? I read your file last night. You're highly decorated. Man like you's good to have around."
LT Jericho Jackson

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Culter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 am

[Rolls held]

"I had nothing to do with the timing of my arrival, but I'll gladly take the credit for it. So... you're the zapper, right? I read your file last night. You're highly decorated. Man like you's good to have around."

Culter smiles appreciatively and returns the greeting with his name, "Good to see you again, Badger. He responds and a light chuckle escapes his breathe as he responds to his file. "Determination and stubbornness goes a long way, with a healthy side of luck." He finishes as he returns the hand shake. "I look forward to working with the group. It's a different environment that I am used too, to be sure."
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Active Abilities:

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 5
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 15

Alias: Kittian "Preacher" Snow

Mane's whiskers twitched as he dreamed in an uneasy sleep. With his mind searching for new norms to clutch onto, rest brought him little comfort. Regardles, the sounds of activity roused him from his slumber. While first wondered if he was still dreaming, the mundaneness of the typical morning noises assured him it was all too real.

With a concerted effort the mountain of feline muscles and blubber willed his one good eye to open. Fumbling around, he found his removable bionic eye studded in a pocket. He blew off the lint and popped it in his mechanical eyesocket with an audible *click*.

As he staggered to his feet, Mane found greater strength than the night before. The nano surgeon bots still in his body had worked diligently through the late hours knitting up his blood vessels and veins. Wonders of modern medicine. Regardless, his head still ached, and his confidence was far from mended.

Feeling hungry and cold, Mane decided to get something to eat. Something hot with 3,600 calories in it. Leaving the secluded comforts of his medical cot, the big cat meandered to the kitchenette the crew set up. With each step, his stride became less of a unsteady stagger and more of a slow, deliberate hobble.

Jericho Jackson wrote:When he sees Mane, it is hard for him to mask his concern. He places a steadying hand on the kill-cat's shoulder. "All right, Preacher? You were in rough shape yesterday."

At first Mane didn't recognize the man. He wasn't in the best state of mind when they first met. But after a second or two of apprehension, it started to come back to him. While before Mane would have had to restrain a killer instinct in such circumstances, loosing his black steel-shredding claws in blood-dancing delight. Now? Mane tensed and winced as if afraid to be hurt.

"... oh... I'm alright now... sir. Just a bit of that flu going around." Mane lied, and lied badly at that while speaking in an uncharacteristicly mousey voice.

"I'll... uh... I'll .. I'll be ready for the job in no time.

Feeling like a walking house of cards, Mane proceeded to take three MREs (scrambled eggs & bacon) and preped them for consumption. As the self-heating bags were warming up, he downed three cups of black coffee. That helped warm his core, but he noticed a residual chill in his body. Whether that was the bitter cold outside seeping in, or the cold cavity of something missing in the essence of his being, Mane wasn't sure.

Culter wrote:When Culter sees Mane up he'll lightly acknowledge him with a nod and tip of his drink, "Morning, how are you feeling?". Bastard has got an iron will, most would be bed ridden and stay bed ridden after such events for days.

When Mane saw the other new face, again he froze up. But then after a moment, recognition crept its way in. This was the man who touched his mind last night. Who saw the kill-crazy monster within... a monster that was no longer in residence.

"...oh... I'm... uh... I'm feeling top notch. ... Finally shook that flu bug. Thank you very much for asking, sir." the hulking cat said in an even more shrinking voice. Regardless, Mane figured if he was going to lie, he may as well be consistent about it, even if his delivery was wanting.

After breakfast, Mane thought about his upcoming confrontation with The Artist. A man who had crafted his skill in murder and evasion to nigh perfection. A man who was as dangerous as Mane ... was? While before, Mane was giddy with anticipation at the prospect at showing The Artist how a real killer worked the claws. But now? The prospect of meeting such a terror .... well... terrified the over-grown scaredy cat.

But in all likelihood, face him he would.

Owning up to that probable prospect, Mane went to the crates of gear he helped unload and found the one with his gear inside. With a twitch of his finger the crate opened effortlessly. Within stood the weapon system he requisitioned on a whim; the NG DX-001 Thunder Hound Power Armor, modified to permit use of his natural claws. Along side the fearsome suit, his newly acquired KLS-RG-15X Manpack Electromagnetic Rail Gun.

If I have to face that evil motherfucker like this, I'm going to need every edge I can get.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19; 1d100 = 39
Conditions: None

James barely sleeps, his head hits the pillow and what seems like minutes later his internal alarm is waking him back up. Groggy and generally disoriented, James makes coffee and finds breakfast. After guzzling what amounts to a pot of coffee and a freeze-dried food supplement, James looks to see what his team is doing.

Karl wrote: "Morning sir, just wondering what our resupply prospects are around here. Salvage only or there any known merchants in case we need to restock?"

James nods at the voice. "Morning. I suppose if we need to actually resupply, we can buy locally, but we should be wrapping up this mission soon enough that that shouldn't be an issue." James responds, not really bothering to look at Karl as he buttons his shirt.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"If it is just salvage, I can assist, I received special training in that area just before joining the 40-4th."

James again nods, not looking to whom is speaking. "Likely not going to be much to salvage. Probably a crate of contraband for the Black Vault and another for the dump." James says as he pulls out another pack of cigarettes. Pulling one out he lights it with one of his bionic fingers set to low.

James takes a long while to put on his armor, slowly affixing each plate in a slow methodical way, almost like a centering exercise. Once his cyborg armor is secured, James reaches into his locker and pulls his leather long coat. A flourish later and James is fully equipped.

"Final team meeting before we move out. Five minutes." James says loud enough for everyone to hear, before making his way to the conference table.

"I don't think I need to go over our target again so let us just keep it to tactics. First we need to flush him out, normally if this was a more standard op I would use a few Dogboys as bait, we don't have that, so we'll just do it the old fashioned way." James says before turning on the projector.

"Plasma and Badger will be in the air. Grey and Preacher will be forward scouts, while Doug, Codex, Doc will move in as a sort of bait. The group will sweep the area, with Plasma and Badger acting as overwatch. If we can Gey could find high ground an act as a sniper, if not, continue stalking. With luck we'll flush him out, to fight at the very least. When we make contact, unless he's in close to us, use area of effect weaponry to lower his chances of avoiding damage all together. When contact is made, Badger and Plasma will join from above. Keep him off centered, and don't let him find an escape route. Other than that, you all know your strengths, use them, back each other up. Do not try and fight him alone." James says with confidence. "Any questions?"
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:41 am

Perception Bonus: 36%/ 48% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 20

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 88

Mane wrote:"... oh... I'm alright now... sir. Just a bit of that flu going around."

Jackson's face twists in half amusement, half disbelief. "Yeah, you got a bad case of that 'I-just-had-brain-surgery flu' that's going around." Still, he makes a mental note to check in on the battle-cat from time to time, and make sure he's steady on his feet.

No idea what's going on with fluffy there... but it's not nothing. He's got some stuff. Hopefully we don't have to carry him back from this mission. He looks heavy.

Howlett wrote:"Plasma and Badger will be in the air... The group will sweep the area, with Plasma and Badger acting as overwatch... When we make contact, unless he's in close to us, use area of effect weaponry to lower his chances of avoiding damage all together."

Jackson nods wordlessly. Good... I can swoop in like a hawk, and drop plasma and frag grenades on his position. I'll save small-arms fire for after my grenades are gone.

Howlett wrote: "Any questions?"

Jackson laconically raises his hand before asking, "I don't guess there's any images of the target anywhere?" Even a grainy, blurry, low-res image is better than going in blind and just... hoping... you don't uke an innocent guy.

When the briefing ends, Jackson will check the trailer's armory for additional grenades. Two of each isn't going to cut it... I'd like at least 5 frag and 5 plasma total, and some HE as well if they got it.

OOC Comments
Jackson would like to claim 3 Fragmentation, 3 Plasma, and 5 High Explosive grenades (preferably heavy) for this mission, if there are any available in the trailer armory. He will consider any other available grenades on a case by case basis.
LT Jericho Jackson

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Karl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:42 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Karl would watch the huge lion a bit as he ate his breakfast and, it was hard not to note that Mane was talking in an uncharacteristically light voice. Or at least as far as Karl could surmise from the time he'd spent working with the big cat previously. "You look like you need a serious pick me up." He'd comment to Mane. Or, you know, maybe a hit of boing-go or something, damn he looks wrecked. "You going to be good to go?" he'd casually ask. He'd much rather have Mane at his best when the fight came about than not. He still didn't care that much for the mutants but, well, hey, he had to admit that Mane was damned handy to have on your side in a fight. There was a good reason the CS used mutants.

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:55 am

{{{Prior Rolls Caeried Over}}}

Jericho wrote:
Mane wrote:"... oh... I'm alright now... sir. Just a bit of that flu going around."
Jackson's face twists in half amusement, half disbelief. "Yeah, you got a bad case of that 'I-just-had-brain-surgery flu' that's going around."

Upon having his terribly weak lie called, Mane shrinked in his seat like a child. "... Sorry... sir... I shouldn't ... You know."

As he spoke the large cat kept looking at the floor, obviously devoid the tiniest shread of confidence. Whatever steel he had in his spine before had clearly turned into Jell-O. The cat that flagrangly flauted authority before was gone, replaced with a gutless bag of insecurities and doubt.

Afterwards Mane went about his busines, preparing for the mission to come.

Karl wrote:"You look like you need a serious pick me up." He'd comment to Mane. Or, you know, maybe a hit of boing-go or something, damn he looks wrecked. "You going to be good to go?" he'd casually ask.

Mane's first instinct was to shy away, but knowing Karl from before made it just easy enough to open up a little to him. "What... uh... What..." he stammered before coming to a pause. Mane looked both ways before speaking to make sure no one was listening in. ".... What kind of pick-me-up are we talking about here?" While he kept his voice hushed, it was also getting stronger. Stronger with hope... hope of finding a quick fix "You got anything that will give a boost of mojo? Because I'm telling you, ever since I got ... um... over my flu this morning, I feel like the part of me that me who I am ... was... whatever... It's just gone.
This lion is just a complete pussy! ... I need a fix, man! Tell me you got something good in your bag of tricks. Some magic pill that will make it all better?

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Karl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Mane wrote:Mane's first instinct was to shy away, but knowing Karl from before made it just easy enough to open up a little to him. "What... uh... What..." he stammered before coming to a pause. Mane looked both ways before speaking to make sure no one was listening in. ".... What kind of pick-me-up are we talking about here?" While he kept his voice hushed, it was also getting stronger. Stronger with hope... hope of finding a quick fix "You got anything that will give a boost of mojo? Because I'm telling you, ever since I got ... um... over my flu this morning, I feel like the part of me that me who I am ... was... whatever... It's just gone."

Karl ohs softly "Well, right now I think all we got is coffee..." he'd admit trying to think and then giving a bit of a shrug "But, I was meaning maybe something like an energy drink or the like. Triax has some of the best stuff when you can get it. Atomix Powder, Metal, Pick-Up, Rat, Zoom, that kind of thing. You need to be really careful with it but sometimes when you really gotta pull those non stop work some of the techs pop a hit of Boing-go." he'd reach out to try and give Mane a reassuring pat on the shoulder "C'mon, cheer up. You may have had a shitty time recently but you're still the most insane war machine I've ever met. And I mean that in a good way. You're just having a shit day is all." Karl found himself feeling oddly bad for Mane. Sure he didn't care for the mutants that much but, well hell, he'd seen what Mane could do and was glad the big cat was on their side. "If you want I'll whip you up a pot or two of extra strong coffee ya?"

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 95
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 2

Egan walks back over from the trailer in which he spent the night with his datapad and things that once were. Having re-stowed it with the amigos things in the cab, the scout moves through the area listening in on the conversations going on as the rest are getting geared up for the end game. -I can't tell if I have just gotten so used to this stuff or if I am just now so jaded that I just don't care about anything anymore. - Like a ghost, the scout glides through the area picking up a meal bar and drink before going over to get suited up. -Every monster can be broken, and from a different perspective i am just like him.-
James Howlett wrote:"Plasma and Badger will be in the air. Grey and Preacher will be forward scouts, while Doug, Codex, Doc will move in as a sort of bait. The group will sweep the area, with Plasma and Badger acting as overwatch. If we can Grey could find high ground an act as a sniper, if not, continue stalking. With luck we'll flush him out, to fight at the very least. When we make contact, unless he's in close to us, use area of effect weaponry to lower his chances of avoiding damage all together. When contact is made, Badger and Plasma will join from above. Keep him off centered, and don't let him find an escape route. Other than that, you all know your strengths, use them, back each other up. Do not try and fight him alone." James says with confidence. "Any questions?"
Standing in the back, Egan listens to the plan but has no questions. -Sightlines are crap in that district so sniping is not going to be an option. Plus that is only really good if you know where they are going to be, seeing as we have to find the target first just makes that setup even more difficult.- In the shadows, the scouts young face is a blank mask devoid of any and all emotion as his inner thoughts bring up the same question that has been bothering him for sometime now.
-Why am I here?-
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 pm

{{{Prior Rolls Caried Over}}}

Mane's ears visibly picked up as Karl was talking about all the exotic Bavarian liquid stimulants. The logic added up in his bothered mind. Somefhing that could give him a boost of energy could very well be just what the doctor ordered... Well, not his doctor, Howlett... Nor the list of physicians he met at Chi-Town... But he was sure there was some docror out there that would approve.

"I've got to get my hands on some of this stuff you're talking about." the big cat mused aloud between Karl's pauses as he talked.

Karl wrote: "If you want I'll whip you up a pot or two of extra strong coffee ya?"

"Yeah... Yeah! ... Let's give it a try! I've always liked black coffee." he said enthusiastically, hopefully that something as simple as a little chemical stimulation could fill the hole that was suddenly so prominent in the core of his being. A hole he was desperate to fill.

All through the morning meeting Mane downed cup after cup after cup of coffee; extra dark, extra strong. And as things progressed, the more lively and confident the changed cat became. He knew that as long as he was amped up, nothing could bring him down. For now, coffee was doing the trick, giving him the fix he so desperately needed. He just needed to keep the caffeine high going to ensure his fitness for duty. Lives would be at stake; his own included. He couldn't let his pride down.

Between slurps, Mane leaned in ever more as Howlett spoke. To say he was giving the C.O. his undivided attention was an understatement.

James Howlett wrote:"Any questions?"

Mane shot his hand up at supersonic speed, with all the enthusiasm of a sugar-hyped five-year-old child. It took some effort, but he refrained from rambling when he spoke. "So why are you, Drum, and Cody the bait? Isn't our guy attracted to mutant animals more than a pair of cyborgs and some guy? ... No offense."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:21 pm

NPC Post:
Before the briefing

Talden Graff, perhaps the most appreciative cyborg aside from maybe Drummond, was quiet and dedicated to his work. He'd long since grown hyper aware of his surroundings due largely to the horror he experienced in the slave pens of Atlantis. But watching Drummond was a study in stoicism that intrigued the newly converted (from being a bio-borg) mercenary. During a time that morning when Drummond is not busy with something or someone else, Talden, now off duty approaches him. He has an odd accent to his speech that makes him sound almost german, but without any of the Euro or german language. "Excuse me, Mr. Blackwood." There is a hesitation as he seems to refer to the IFF to make sure he got it right. "If you would not mind, might I ask some basic questions? Nothing probing, I swear. Mr. Harrison has drilled us on what is and is not appropriate for conversation. Anyway, without being too revealing, why were you made a 'borg? For me it was being saved from being in constant pain as a monster the monsters of Atlantis had destined me to be, but you I feel have something different. If it is too personal, I will not pry, but you are the only one aside form Mr. Harrison like me, and I am nothing like him." It's obvious he respects and is grateful to Howlett. Drum hadn't heard the bit about Atlantis before.

When Egan goes to drop off his pad, he finds Daris on duty with the cameras, as he'd expect. Daris grabs the pad from Egan and stows it, as the two had worked out. It went into a charging doc the tech had set up. Despite how differently they approached things, Egan had found he could understand the introvert technician - they did similar work on a basic level. Information gathering and threat removal. He notes the look in the scouts eye and nods to the seat beside him. "If you want some downtime away from everything, Galen is on walking patrol and Talden is off duty. I'll listen, talk, or be quiet, as you'd prefer." The truck is warm, but not oppressive, and there is a certain white noise to the computer fans and electronic whine from the monitors.

Galen is indeed on a walk through of the warehouse and ends up near Karl and Mane. He nods his head to both. "Hey don't let it get you down big man. I know what I've seen you do - whatever it is you're dealing with can't be that bad. I mean it can, but nothing you can't beat. Oh, Rosewood, I put your socket back. I appreciate you letting me borrow it. Bum luck losing mine at that rest stop. I'll have to get another one when we get back to the base in Merctown. How you holding up man? It's been months. They get tired of showering you with women and booze?" He grins.

After the briefing
Aleksander walks up to Howlett with a thermos of coffee in a Northern Gun branded thermos. "For you until you're ready to deploy, sir. Would you like us to pack up in preparation for an immediate move in case we need to relocate? While I have the utmost confidence in your team's ability, the files I have on these delphi juicers suggest they are a class all their own. We have a fallback point in town the drivers and I could be ready to move to at a moment's notice as long as we are prepared for it." For those unused to hearing the skelebot look alike, it's striking how unlike a skelebot it sounds. For those who were there when the robot was captured in the mountains of Arizona, its no big deal. But for those newer to the team, it strikes a chord. It anticipates and has a tone one would expect from an assistant, not a robot. Still it's diction is machine precise.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:37 pm

((Rolls carried over))
CS High Command wrote:When Egan goes to drop off his pad, he finds Daris on duty with the cameras, as he'd expect. Daris grabs the pad from Egan and stows it, as the two had worked out. It went into a charging doc the tech had set up. Despite how differently they approached things, Egan had found he could understand the introvert technician - they did similar work on a basic level. Information gathering and threat removal. He notes the look in the scouts eye and nods to the seat beside him. "If you want some downtime away from everything, Galen is on walking patrol and Talden is off duty. I'll listen, talk, or be quiet, as you'd prefer." The truck is warm, but not oppressive, and there is a certain white noise to the computer fans and electronic whine from the monitors.
Egan hands the pad over with a small nod of thanks to Daris before turning to go. The scout stops mid step as what Daris said sinks in, his foot hovering above the ground as he contemplates his options. -Is there anything I really need to say? Would it do any good?- In the following silence his foot finally touches the ground. -It may not do any good, but it shouldn't end up hurting....- With a small nod the young scout takes the offered seat with a sigh. Rubbing his face, the weariness seems to age him as he stares at the screens without seeing them. -Maybe it would be good to at least get these thoughts out in the open....- After what seems like ages, Egan's voice cracks from disuse forcing him to clear his throat before being able to get the words out.

"Don't stare too long into the abyss, because it also stares into you. A wood's guide said that to me as were watching coalition forces raze a section of a shanty town. He turned me away and we walked back to camp as the screams of terror and pain got drowned out by machinery and plasma throwers as they got to work in earnest. I never really figured out what he meant by that....at least until now." Getting up Egan grabbed a bottle of water bringing one and offering it to Daris before sitting back down. After taking a small drink he continued, his voice growing a little more used to being used. "The monster that brought us here has stared into the abyss for too long it would seem. He hunts and kills his prey, but not before using fear and torture to great effect on his victims and the surrounding people in this place. This is evil, this is what makes him a monster is it not?" The scout give Daris a sideways look, not really expecting an answer to his rhetorical question. "This is also what makes us the same."

Leaning back Egan stares at the ceiling for a moment before uncapping his drink and taking another sip. "You know about the ambush of our guys this afternoon, the men that did that were very organised, professional in their movements and coordination. They have done this before and more than likely they will do so again. We lost two dogboys during that ambush and we now have in our possession information that could lead us to who did it, and honestly I want to find them. I want to find them and I want to murder them all. Some in worse ways then what our target has already done himself. It could be a ten man crew, or one hundred. I don't care. The more the better because I want them to know that they fucked up, I want the fear I will cause to course through their veins and keep them up at night jumping at the slightest sound or shadow. I want them to be begging and pleading to anything and everything to make it stop, but I won't. Not until every. Single. Last. One of them has had the life crushed from their body by my own hands." His voice which has grown in intensity and volume switches back to normal as he lets out a chuckle. "Or at least until I put a big enough dent in their operation that they, oh i don't know, hire a team of about a dozen to take me out."

Egan stares off at the screens, his jaw and fists clenching, the water bottle crinkling in protest as a memory pops into his head.
Egan's memeory wrote:A man sprawled on his back. His face dissolving into mush as fists keep raining down onto it. The wet slapping of meat torn from it's foundation of bone under the constant onslaught of armored fists. Blood spraying and splattering, chunks of brain and bone....
With a shake of his head, Egan comes back into the present and works his jaw a little as he uncaps the bottle for another drink. "I am a chained monster, but a monster none the less. My options for a way out have shrunk to almost nothing. I wanted power, because of the way I have been treated in the past for what I can do. So I sold my soul, so to speak, to get more but in fact it wasn't what I thought it would be." He taps the center of his forehead with a finger. "Now I have a tether in my head and if I wanted to leave I couldn't because I won't be allowed. They will want this back, and taking it back will probably end my life. Which will probably be their preferred outcome as it both gets their gear back and eliminates a potential security risk at the same time."
Taking another longer sip, Egan smacks his lips before letting out a rueful laugh. "It's funny really. We'll do whatever it takes to get the things we think we want."
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Daris nods. He listens, gives Egan all the time he needs and doesn't have a judging face, but neither does he readily agree. He just listens. The thousand yard stare Egan spies tells him he's seen his share of things he'd like revenge for. At the end of Egan's ...monologue, Daris takes a drink of his coffee and puts it back down. "When I was on Center, I was top of the world. One of the best hackers and security guys money could buy, and money was good. The literal elite of three galaxies reside on Center. The Naruni, the Splugorth, several multi-galactic empires. I mean the scale just boggles the mind when you think of it. Hell the city is as big as a continent and reaches up into the sky. It's literally older than damn near everything else in the galaxy. And I was in hog heaven, as Talden likes to say. Feeding at the trough of the rich and greedy, not caring about who or what my jobs were. I mean you end up being hired by players on both sides of the spectrum. It matters who your broker is, not who you are. Your broker puts you where you need to be, gives you the gear, and you do whatever it is. Surveillance, bombs, rigged a house with a gas so toxic one whiff would kill you. Eats through standard rebreathers and environmental filters too. Had to use a trinium alloy valve with ceramic seals just to keep it in." he shrugs. The neighborhood, one of the richest in Center, had to be evacuated for weeks. Took literal rifts being opened up to suns to get rid of this shit. Melted the people inside the place. It didn't bother me. It's just business, I told myself. Yeah, that job, turned out to be my last. One person was away from the house that day. One guy who then inherited all the money that my employers had been trying to swindle away. He paid this heavy hitter, Thraxus, to use his Naruni connections to get fucking Repo Bots to bring us in, and then he sold us to the Splugorth. But not one on Center, no it had to be special. Sent us to Atlantis. For a fucking job I had no skin in. The guy who had actually pulled the trigger? He was shot in the head by the survivor by this nanite gun that eats you alive. Same for the broker and the supplier and the damn ship's captain who'd smuggled it in. The guy who'd actually contracted us? He got put into a tub with the last recovered bits of it and was tossed screaming into a star through a rift. I mean, crazy shit. I mean being sold into slavery with the Splugorth was almost a relief."

It's a few minutes before he speaks again. "I was almost food for something three times before they figured out I was a tech. I was in that pen for six months, maybe a year. It's hard to tell with the change in dimension and how brutal it was. Things I did, things I ate, people I screwed over, I'm not proud of that. But I survived. That's where I met Talden actually. I was smart, he was strong; a regular dynamic duo. " He stops talking again for a few minutes. "Funny thing though? Towards the end, as I was being led out, I saw them taking a batch of folks to be food for something grotesque. Guy who'd sold us in there? He was among them. I guess he pissed off someone good. That's the thing about revenge. All it does is make you the victim of the next guy taking it. As to your other dilema, have you talked with the boss? He's not precisely a strict rules by the book guy unless it gets him something. I doubt he'd leave you out to dry. Or at the very least he could make your death," he puts up air quotes as he says the word, "or retirement would convince anyone." He shrugs. "Not saying you want to, or even should, but if things get bad enough it's something to consider."

He sighs and takes another drink. "Hell of a day out there. Weather report suggests their might end up being a blizzard today. Keep an eye out. Moments exist to be taken as a co-worker of mine once said. Of course, he ended up being eaten alive by nanites, so what does he know." A slow silly grin spreads, and the tech salutes Egan with his thermos of coffee.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception: 24% vs 1d100 = 67 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 83

Talden Graff wrote:NPC Post:
Before the briefing

Talden Graff, perhaps the most appreciative cyborg aside from maybe Drummond, was quiet and dedicated to his work. He'd long since grown hyper aware of his surroundings due largely to the horror he experienced in the slave pens of Atlantis. But watching Drummond was a study in stoicism that intrigued the newly converted (from being a bio-borg) mercenary. During a time that morning when Drummond is not busy with something or someone else, Talden, now off duty approaches him. He has an odd accent to his speech that makes him sound almost german, but without any of the Euro or german language. "Excuse me, Mr. Blackwood." There is a hesitation as he seems to refer to the IFF to make sure he got it right. "If you would not mind, might I ask some basic questions? Nothing probing, I swear. Mr. Harrison has drilled us on what is and is not appropriate for conversation. Anyway, without being too revealing, why were you made a 'borg? For me it was being saved from being in constant pain as a monster the monsters of Atlantis had destined me to be, but you I feel have something different. If it is too personal, I will not pry, but you are the only one aside form Mr. Harrison like me, and I am nothing like him." It's obvious he respects and is grateful to Howlett. Drum hadn't heard the bit about Atlantis before.

Drum hadn't given much thought to the crew/guards of the trailer. With no real introduction and their efficiency in their jobs, he hadn't paid them much attention. During the night after he'd taken what rest he'd needed, he watched their heat signatures as they moved noiselessly around.

The approach of one of them, the borg no less, focused Drum's attention. After the man stammers the first few sentences asking to ask questions, Drum uses the pause to reply.

"Yep, Doug Blackwood, but please call me Doug. You're name is, um, Todd? No, Tal..." When the reply is Talden, Drum, nods, "Talden, glad to meet you. Sure ask your questions."

Talden's own story has details that he's never heard of. "A bio-borg? What's that?" Drum asks. The details are horrific, but his mechanical body doesn't shudder. Instead of more human than human, they'd made him inhuman. He puts his own bionic hand up on Talden's shoulder as a gesture of comfort and compassion.

As a first question, asking Drum why he'd agreed to borg conversion is a doozy. With our covers, I can't really him all the details, What would be okay? The general details of the accident should be okay. "Well Talden, it was pretty early in my training. I was figuring, I'd just be a grunt, but there was a training accident. We were in a live fire exercise and the other guy in my foxhole was trying to throw a grenade. He dropped it instead." Drum shakes his head at the memory.

The Memory wrote:Two men stand in a regulation fox hole that they'd spent the last couple of hours digging. Both are dusty and sweaty. Around them the noise of battle, rifles firing, explosions, grunts of effort can be heard.

"Michaels! What are you doing? Stop playing around," Drum says as he leans against the side of the fox hole, hunkered down.

"Hey man, I know what I am doing, the instructor said you had to count to three after pulling the pin before throwing," Michaels said. He was standing fiddling with a grenade in his hand.

"Throw it, dumb a$$ you've already used your thr..." BOOM!

"Apparently I had done well enough up to that point that they were willing spend a little more and paid for the conversion. I agreed, because, well, I wasn't dead yet, and most of the pay was going back to my family anyway." An image of his two children, Saxon and Viola bubbled up in his sight. He can't help but smile at the thought.

"Look at me now! I am engine of destruction." His body hums and servos spin as he shows off. "If I had been sent to the front lines after basic training, I knew my chances weren't great. I knew that I'd never be considered for officer training and learn to fly power armors like those guys." He gestures towards his teammates. "I wouldn't say it was a blessing when that grenade went off, but if I am going to be in the thick of things, I rather like how I am now. I am not worried about how long it will take to suit up. I am always ready. I had a sweet rig before I joined the 4..." he stops himself, "uh, Eclipse Transport Company. I was told Doc was a genius, and after seeing what he did yesterday, I believe it. A basic frame may have just been the best thing. That way the Doc can install a comprehensive set of upgrades without having to worry about any aftermarket crap that could have been installed."

"I am pretty sure Preacher over there is stronger than me, but I bet I'll out last him. When he's damaged, he's got to take the time to heal. For us, we just need to get the part replaced," Drum continues.

"The way I look at it, don't worry about what may have been, just keep moving forward. From your story you have to be one tough S.O.B. too, or you wouldn't be here today." Drum holds out his fist to Talden. When they clunk together, he pulls his hand back waving his fingers. "Fa, la, la, la."
Drummond Leighton

Postby Culter » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:01 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 90 / 1d20 = 17
Perception [51% (+ 25% re elec) (+25 IFF | +10 ID Enemy in Disguise) (+10% Recog. suspicious activity | +7% Recog. truthfulness | +12% read suspects/priosners)]: 1d100 = 67

[SKills]
Pilot, Power Armor [66%]: 1d100 = 5
Read Sensory Equipment [40%]: 1d100 = 39
Basic Electronics [65%]: 1d100 = 68
Electronic Countermeasures [50%]: 1d100 = 24
Weapon Systems [55%]: 1d100 = 35
Intelligence [40%]: 1d100 = 5
Computer Operation [55%]: 1d100 = 7
Computer Programming [40%]: 1d100 = 65

Prior to the briefing, if Culter spots the Talden, Galen or Daris (or any other NPCs) he will make a pit-stop at whatever they are doing for a quick introduction. "Hey there, name's Culter. Making the rounds and saying hi to those I will be working with for the next while." Culter will greet each of them similarly if he spots them.

James wrote:"Plasma and Badger will be in the air. Grey and Preacher will be forward scouts, while Doug, Codex, Doc will move in as a sort of bait. The group will sweep the area, with Plasma and Badger acting as overwatch. If we can Gey could find high ground an act as a sniper, if not, continue stalking. With luck we'll flush him out, to fight at the very least. When we make contact, unless he's in close to us, use area of effect weaponry to lower his chances of avoiding damage all together. When contact is made, Badger and Plasma will join from above. Keep him off centered, and don't let him find an escape route. Other than that, you all know your strengths, use them, back each other up. Do not try and fight him alone." James says with confidence. "Any questions?"

Culter shakes his head. I feel confident. He thinks to himself. "No questions." He says short and concisely. To Badger, he glances over and adds "Time to own the air." He jests and thinks inwardly Excellent, let's me maintain a birds eye view for any countermeasures as well. When I spot this bastard, I am going to overload every synapse he has. Plus, I can knock out a great deal of support in the air, I wonder if I can modify the Hawk... He thinks, his a small purplish arc lances through his fingertips as he imagines giving this juicer a few solid neuro-strikes and electric shocks.

Once the meeting is concluded, will return make a pit stop by the coffee pot and fill his own container before heading back out to the hanger to ensure everything is in working order. During his pre-flight, he will activate the sensors and run a full sweep, fully aware of what his radars should detect. He'll spend time writing notes on ideas for adding features to the power armor to interfere or jamm enemy information, movement or anything. He'll continue like this unless interrupted or when he stops to refill his java. He'll repeat this process until go-time, making time for a small light snack before deployment.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:12 pm

CS High Command wrote:NPC Post:
Before the briefing

Galen is indeed on a walk through of the warehouse and ends up near Karl and Mane. He nods his head to both. "Hey don't let it get you down big man. I know what I've seen you do - whatever it is you're dealing with can't be that bad. I mean it can, but nothing you can't beat. Oh, Rosewood, I put your socket back. I appreciate you letting me borrow it. Bum luck losing mine at that rest stop. I'll have to get another one when we get back to the base in Merctown. How you holding up man? It's been months. They get tired of showering you with women and booze?" He grins.

Mane continued to drink his extra stong coffee in quantities somewhere between slurps and gulps as Galen spoke. While aware that the man was trying to cheer him up, Mane's troubles had nothing to do with his mood, but instead the very core of who and what he was.

He put his hand up in a halting motion, cutting Galen off, albeit a bit more rudely than he intended. "This... Whatever it is I'm going through... It has nothing to do with being strong or down. I lost something. Something that gave me... everything! My drive. My mojo. My ... God! Over the past several months I've been reading from the book of the God of Man. I found it inspiring. Especially the parts that spoke of strength and acts of good necessitating violence. The consequences and aftermath of DEATH .But the more I think about ... it even now ... I wonder if what inspired me was speaking to something in me that no longer exists. That brutal savage that, on some level, identified with The Artist that we are hunting now today. Hell, even as I say that name I gave him... The Artist... by the minute, it's eluding me why I thought that was such an appropriate name. I remember seeing the photographs of his work and identifying with it on some vicious, primal level with my own barbarity of the past. My own quest. Seeking the Faces of Death. It consumed me, you know? It was the purpose of my whole being. I would think about death the moment I woke up, throughout the day, and it be the last thing I thought of at night before drifting off into dreams filled with blood and murder and of course, death. But it's gone. It's all gone. And as I stand here drinking this coffee, I can feel the void within me... As big as the sun in the sky, now turned black and nothing... and somehow it's absence bares weight, as strange as that might sound. It's a weight the likes of which I've never felt before. And it drags me down ... like swimming in an ocean with heavy chains wrapped around yout arms and legs. And it's taking effort not to go under.

Mane took a pause to consume the rest of the coffee Karl was so kind to make for him. He then raised the empty cup as if to make a toast.

"But this... So far this has been the only thing that has given me any reprieve. And I know I should be more focused on the mission... On killing The Artist once and for all... On getting justice for that cute doggirl, LeeLee... But weight of this nothingness within me... it's the most terrifying thing I've ever met, because on some level I'm afraid that the true me has finally found death, and the specter of Death took him away in loving arms... leaving this... This empty husk behind, that, ironically, didn't die.

Mane leaned in closer to Galen. Close enough to smell what he had for dinner last night deep down in the man's bowels through his nostrils. "You tell me... How do I fight THAT."

The depressed cat didn't wait for all reply, for he knew Galen had none of substance to give. Instead he reached over for the coffee for another refill, hoping it's caffeinated pep would magically fill the gaping existential hole within.

His cup topped off, he turned to Karl. "Damn good coffee, Karl. Best I think I've ever had. Thank you.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:32 pm

Galen instinctively pulls back as Mane leans close, but lets him rant. He pauses as Mane drains another cup and then smirks. "You take it out on the poor asshole who deserves it? You say Artist, I say sick fuck. I mean weren't you put on this earth to put assholes like that down? I think you said something like that once, to the dogboy Shorty 40 maybe? It was back west. Sounds to me you were looking for death instead of looking for purpose. But hell, I don't know. I just fix shit. Oh, I tuned that power armor for you, but honestly, you might try rocking that Juicer Armor you got. Might piss ole Artist off." He gives Karl a nod as he turns back to some other task.

Galen is walking by and unoccupied when Culter sees the tech turned operative. "Galen Tirol, good to meet you. It was Callidus right? I like Plasma though, hell of a callsign. Had a pilot I worked with we called Chinstrap cause when he was a nugget his helmet's chinstrap got stuck and we had to go at it with some cutters to get the blasted thing off." He chuckles at the memory. "Gods, pilots can be cruel to each other about callsigns. How you adjusting to the field?"
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:11 am

Perception Bonus: 36%/ 48% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 49

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 19

Mane wrote:"... Sorry... sir... I shouldn't ... You know."

Jericho laughs at the Battle-Cat's response. "It's not a problem, Preacher. Listen... Let's make each other a promise. I won't ever lie to you, if you never lie to me. Now... are we good?" He smiles at the battlecat, knowing his own response. I like this Battlecat. He's got a bit of pride - no pun intended - but he's got a helluva sense of humor, and to undergo brain surgery on a garage floor and be up and about the next morning... hell I don't wanna ever be on his bad side.

As Karl begins offering the battlecat various prescription-strength motivators, Jericho returns to getting himself ready, and searching the armory for supplemental grenades.

Plasma wrote:"Time to own the air."

"Damn straight."
LT Jericho Jackson

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Mane » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Mane poured himself yet another cup of extra-strong coffee, all the while thinking of what Galen said. Of the trust and confidence his new Lieutenant was placing in him (even though Jericho had thus far only seen Mane in the midst of a complete meltdown, and the still-ongoing existential crisis that followed). As he drank, thoughts ran through his head. Thoughts of his own doubts, but also reflections of what was said.

With coffee still in hand, he wandered over to his shiny new power armor and the massive (over-compesating) super gun he was planning on going out with. His original thoughts were to use them to gain every edge he could in the coming battle. An edge he felt he needed to overcome his current shortcomings. But what if Galen was right? What if using this technological wonder was just some sort of crutch that would do him more harm than good?

With no small amount of hesitation and second thoughts, Mane closed up the crate, sealing the Thunder Hound PA and man-portable heavy duty rail gun. He paused, wondering if it was the right thing to do, but Mane had reached final conclusion and epiphany:

Whether he won or lost this day, live or die, if it wasn't by his own strengths and wits, then he would be lost forever.

With the sounds of several klacks and snaps, Mane adorned his body with his Titan Juicer armor. With a few more snaps, his trusty gun belt went around his waist, strapping his paired blasters to his thighs. And with a flutter of fabric, his long coat wrapped around his massive back. And lastly, he cradled his trusty Papa Bear auto-cannon in one arm like a baby, its big bore shells ready to rock someone's world.

While still uncertain, Mane had a deep seeded thirst to discover who he was now, and had enough caffeine in his body to kill any six men; enough to see him through... at least till noon.

"Let's do this already.... Right after I take a massive pee."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Culter » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:26 pm

Galen wrote:"Galen Tirol, good to meet you. It was Callidus right? I like Plasma though, hell of a callsign. Had a pilot I worked with we called Chinstrap cause when he was a nugget his helmet's chinstrap got stuck and we had to go at it with some cutters to get the blasted thing off." ... "Gods, pilots can be cruel to each other about callsigns. How you adjusting to the field?"

Culter listens to the tech and enjoys the story, reminiscing about his old unit and the shenanigans they all played prior to his departure. Fond memories, to be sure. He thinks to himself and nods with a half smile towards the tech, "Different but adjusting well. Plasma has a nice ring too it, I agree. I bet Chinstrap loved his nick, we had a girl we called hotplates and no, she didn't approve at first. But she kept burning out of her armor, like, aggressively and effectively. She is a burster, and always wore her armor shiny armor." Culter says with a cockeye and a shrug, before slowly nodding his head and a smile twirls on his lips. "She would burn out in her armor and cause the armor to fragment and explode out... creating hotplates." Culter explains, containing a growing chuckle. "Every mission, a new set of armor cause Hotplates erupted again. Heh, girl was killer at beer pong too... She also might've on occasion engulfed the table in flames but it's okay, she had a fiery temper." Culter finishes with a high-eyebrow jesting smile before adding "Man, she would've slapped me if she heard me make that joke." He laughs and thinks inwardly, I've made some good friends over the past few years. Heh, Life and Death'll do that to ya. He looks to Galen and extends a hand "Here's to new allies and great stories." He add, genuinely having more fond memories of his fellows than negative ones.

He'll move to continue on, "Gonna go prep, catch ya on the flip side." and will then continue to his hawk.

When his systems check and everything is finishes, he'll kick it out on his Hawk with one of the wings Locked in the Flying position, granting him an excellent perch to rest on.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Karl » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:02 am

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 28
JIC: 1d100 = 87 1d20 = 20

Codename: Rosewood

CS High Command wrote:Galen is indeed on a walk through of the warehouse and ends up near Karl and Mane. He nods his head to both. "Hey don't let it get you down big man. I know what I've seen you do - whatever it is you're dealing with can't be that bad. I mean it can, but nothing you can't beat. Oh, Rosewood, I put your socket back. I appreciate you letting me borrow it. Bum luck losing mine at that rest stop. I'll have to get another one when we get back to the base in Merctown. How you holding up man? It's been months. They get tired of showering you with women and booze?" He grins.

Karl couldn't help but let out a soft 'ugh' at the question and looked on the verge of rolling his eyes, making it plainly clear he hadn't been a big fan of his time doing the whole PR thing. "If it wasn't for orders, I wouldn't have put up with it as long as I did to be completely honest with you." the man explained, just shaking his head as he remembered some of the things he'd had to deal with. "Personally? I hate politics and all that pomp and show shit. Put me in the field where I belong any day. Not that it was all bad, great food and all that but I swear most of those people have no clue what it's like out in the real world. I bet most of them never even set foot in the lower levels of the cites to be honest, much less the slums hanging all over the place. I kept having to remind myself how important a job it was to be honest. That said, I did run into the odd interesting person here and there, but most of them I could have done entirely without." He'd pause a moment before adding a bit more softly "Besides, the women aren't... really my thing." he'd thumb over to Mane as he half jokingly said "He'd have better odds with me than they do."

Another pause from Karl and then he'd pipe up "Oh and don't worry about borrowing the tools. Long as they get put back that's all I care about. We need to keep everything in tip top shape so..." he'd shrug then brighten up a moment "Oh hey! Speaking of, check out this nifty little device I found in the burbs while I was on some leave...." he'd say pulling out the Universal Energy to Matter Converter he'd managed to pick up. "Never seen anything like it. Makes quick patch jobs a snap. Hell, with enough juice I think it could potentially fix literally anything. I prefer to do the job the right way generally but for some quick armour patch jobs or if you get a bolt that's badly damaged and just won't come loose? This thing's a huge time saver. Beast sucks down E-clips faster than the big guy here.." he motions to Mane again "Is sucking back all that coffee."

Mane wrote:Mane continued to drink his extra stong coffee in quantities somewhere between slurps and gulps as Galen spoke. While aware that the man was trying to cheer him up, Mane's troubles had nothing to do with his mood, but instead the very core of who and what he was.

He put his hand up in a halting motion, cutting Galen off, albeit a bit more rudely than he intended.

*Snipped to keep down post length*

Mane leaned in closer to Galen. Close enough to smell what he had for dinner last night deep down in the man's bowels through his nostrils. "You tell me... How do I fight THAT."

Karl oofed softly at listening to Mane, feeling somewhat bad for the big cat. And, finally understanding just what was bothering Mane so much. Damn, I knew he was a bit nuts but... eeesh.... "Hey..hey.. C'mon big guy." he'd say patting at Mane's shoulder "Ease off a little bit ya? He's just trying to cheer you up and help you out."

Mane wrote:His cup topped off, he turned to Karl. "Damn good coffee, Karl. Best I think I've ever had. Thank you.

"Hey, any time ya?" Karl would quip.

CS High Command wrote:Galen instinctively pulls back as Mane leans close, but lets him rant. He pauses as Mane drains another cup and then smirks. "You take it out on the poor asshole who deserves it? You say Artist, I say sick fuck. I mean weren't you put on this earth to put assholes like that down? I think you said something like that once, to the dogboy Shorty 40 maybe? It was back west. Sounds to me you were looking for death instead of looking for purpose. But hell, I don't know. I just fix shit. Oh, I tuned that power armor for you, but honestly, you might try rocking that Juicer Armor you got. Might piss ole Artist off." He gives Karl a nod as he turns back to some other task.

Karl offer Galen a parting nod before looking back to Mane a bit "C'mon big guy, take it easy on him ya? He's just trying to help you out like the rest of us. You're an important part of the team, even if you don't realize that. Just.... think about what he said though. I'm... not great with helping people find a purpose or anything but... well hell. Someone's gotta be out here doing the dirty work to keep everyone else safe. You're damned good at what you do too. That hasn't changed. You're still you." the man insisted to the big kill cat. "Same skills, same knowledge. Sure maybe you need to figure out something else to help motivate you but... hang in there. You'll figure it out. For a mutant you're pretty smart and I wouldn't trade you for a hundred dog boys."

Mane wrote:While still uncertain, Mane had a deep seeded thirst to discover who he was now, and had enough caffeine in his body to kill any six men; enough to see him through... at least till noon.

"Let's do this already.... Right after I take a massive pee."

Upon seeing Mane make his way out Karl was about to say something, but then Mane spoke and he couldn't help but laugh his ass off. "Yaaah.. that much coffee will do that." He'd say grinning ear to ear under the helmet of the SAMAS he'd suited himself up in, double checking his systems, weapons and ammo for the umpteenth time. "C'mon, you'll feel better after we waste this asshole."

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:13 pm

((Rolls carried over))

The range of different emotions and expressions that crossed the young scout's face during Daris's words must have been comical to an outsider. Disgust at the mention of the Sploogies turned to wonder at the description of the city in which he lived. He nodded in understanding to doing what had to be done, survival, that was something the scout had plenty of experience with. Surprise and interest came with the description of being able to open rifts to specific places to clean out such a nasty poison.
-Was the rifts opening controlled through technology? If so that would be awesome and really useful to us.-
The ghost of his own experience in the slave pens of Atlantis clearly shown on his face. Meeting Snakehead for the first time had scared the shit out of him, in that moment he had the vision of being some assholes lawn ornament. Thankfully, it was a covert team that took him in and home in the end....much like they did for these three. Despite that Daris had just admitted to killing hundreds if not thousands of people for money had phased the scout just about as much as someone saying 'Hey nice shoes.'
-Worlds apart, yet still the same...-

Egan nods with the tech's comment about the Doc. "Yeah, he could do it. But this is my fuck up. I willingly put my own head inside this noose, even after finally seeing what it was to be able to live....not just survive. He's got something good back home that I won't ask for him to put on the line....so I guess it's just time for me to wrap up this pity party and get back too it."
CS High Command wrote:"Hell of a day out there. Weather report suggests their might end up being a blizzard today. Keep an eye out. Moments exist to be taken as a co-worker of mine once said. Of course, he ended up being eaten alive by nanites, so what does he know." A slow silly grin spreads, and the tech salutes Egan with his thermos of coffee.
"HA!" with a matching grin Egan return's the salute with his water bottle before getting out of the cab. "Catch ya when we get back."
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Karl wrote:"... For a mutant you're pretty smart and I wouldn't trade you for a hundred dog boys."

That last bit made Mane smile, just a little bit. Especially given how much Karl hated Mane's guts when they first met; the big cat suspecting the man to be an Atlantian plant and all. Even after the matter was cleared up by HQ, the two still held a certain animosity towards each other.

Perhaps Karl's reappearance last night was well-timed. Perhaps whatever Fates scribe the destinies of men (races not withstanding) had a special plan in mind, for Mane could not think of a better time for the two of them to restart their relationship with a clean slate.

"Only three platoons? And here I thought I was worth a battalion of dogs."

The old Mane would have said that with a straight face in all seriousness, his rampant ego running lose again. Today's Mane, however, was a different animal. He wasn't even sure if he was on a par with a pack of puppies from the Kennel. Waining confidence aside, Mane set his mind to the job ahead.

CS High Command wrote:"Hell of a day out there. Weather report suggests their might end up being a blizzard today. Keep an eye out. Moments exist to be taken as a co-worker of mine once said. Of course, he ended up being eaten alive by nanites, so what does he know." A slow silly grin spreads, and the tech salutes Egan with his thermos of coffee.

Overhearing the discussion with his fantastic hearing, Mane paused in mid-step as he remembered something important. Oh shit! I still have my Recon Eye in my head! Better get my Field Eye in there. With that, Mane popped out the bionic eye from his mechanical multi-system eye socket, pocketed the orb, and then fished around in the same deep pocket. After finding what he was looking for, he pulled out his Multi-Optic bionic eye and jammed it in his empty socket.

There. Much better. With a blizzard coming on, I could have been totally snow-blind out there. Won't be perfect, but better than otherwise."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Karl » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:24 pm

(rolls carried)

Karl listened to Mane's response and just grinned a little and let out a soft 'naw' and waved that off. "That many would certainly at least be able to tickle you a little." he'd respond. Upon hearing the news about the weather Karl would just mentally sigh. Blizzards were not exactly great to be out in, but he was lucky. Being in power armour basically made you more or less immune to the weather. Not that it couldn't cause you to get pretty banged up or to even cause you to crash. But at least he wouldn't be freezing his ass off or anything of the like! He'd be pretty warm and toasty in that suit of his. Of course freezing would bring about it's own lot of potential issues. The weather could badly foul up the thrusters and intake fans to say the least. Well that's going to seriously suck if I don't watch it.... "Infantry will have to be extra careful then." he'd point out. "On the upside it does mean the enemy will have as much trouble spotting us as we would have spotting them."

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 80
Conditions: None particular.

CS High Command wrote:Aleksander walks up to Howlett with a thermos of coffee in a Northern Gun branded thermos. "For you until you're ready to deploy, sir. Would you like us to pack up in preparation for an immediate move in case we need to relocate? While I have the utmost confidence in your team's ability, the files I have on these delphi juicers suggest they are a class all their own. We have a fallback point in town the drivers and I could be ready to move to at a moment's notice as long as we are prepared for it."

James nods at Aleksander and takes the thermos. "That sounds prudent. Make it so." James says to his robotic assistant. "The fact that a Delphi Juicer has gone off the rails is disconcerting. Like a rabid dog, it needs to be put down. He can act like a civilized connoisseur, but in the end its just a savage." James says quietly to Aleksander. "With a little luck we'll find him today and finish him off, letting operations get back to relative normalcy." James concludes.

James makes his way to the armory and opens his weapons locker. Inside he gathers up his iconic gunbelt, and begins to affix it to himself. Once his gun belt is on, James pulls out a hardwood case, and sets it on the bench behind him. James looks at the knives magnetized to the side of the locker. Pulling both his vibro knife and the trio of Northern Gun Grenade knives, James places them in their respective sheaths. James turns back to the wooden case and opens it to look at the trio of pistols he always seems to carry now a days. James affixes the mismatched derringers to the speed holsters mounted to his forearms before pulling the magnum BigBore revolver out and giving it a gunslinger twirl and into the quick draw holster it goes. James grabs out a few more pieces of equipment and places them methodically into their places before stowing the wooden case and closing the door. James stops for a moment and looks to the heavy weapon racks and considers whether he should bring the rocket launcher. Nope, I think I'll leave that. James thinks as he walks out of the armory.

James steps out to the warehouse floor and realizes how cold it is outside. Now or never. James thinks. "Alright boys, lets move out." James says as he begins walking towards the location.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum