This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Start

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Start

Postby CS High Command » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:28 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 0700 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    Location: The northwest end of Dock Area D in front of a fenced-in parking lot and shop with the name on the side of the building being Hammond Industrial Trucks. The other building (to the left) is Trinity Wholesale Plumbing and Publics Works.
    Map
    Image

As the group arrives in the area, those on hovercycles park theirs in the visitor's parking of the shop. Anyone in the shop stays in it, preferring to work instead of going walking in the cold and blustery morning. Their visitor's parking is large, so it doesn't seem like an imposition. The lot of them then go out to begin walking the neighborhood. On the way out the door Mane was regretting having ditched the warm comfort of his power armor for the Juicer armor, but at the last minute Galen produced a small unit that fit in his backpack that provides environmental and air storage for his jumpsuit - which acts like a pilot's jumpsuit. With the addition of a helmet with clear visor and external audio pickups as good as his own hearing, he is good to go and warm. It even has the ability to open up vents on the front to allow scents in.

With Preacher and Drum on either side of him, Howlett sends the signal that tells Grey and Codex to scout, having revised that order along the way at Codex's suggestion. Mane, for his part, is questioning his own decision NOT to bring the Papago charm he'd been given in Arizona. The Ley Line's annoying buzz of psychic and magical energy niggles away at him, giving him a headache. At the next intersection, Codex breaks left and Grey right. Moving in a way that does not draw attention, both men stride off in opposite directions. Shortly after the three bulky men stride into the street's intersection. Back at the street where they started, Karl and Culter take to the air towing Badger up to a good height so he can glide about.

With everyone in place, there is nothing for it but to search the area.

GM instructions: Give me some idea of what you are doing, how you are searching - and just as a rule for this entire scenario, give me a save vs psionics with every post - in addition to your JIC rolls. By the time I need them I should have a sizable pool built up. Keep in mind certain cybernetic implants provide bonuses as well.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 48 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 12

Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 67 | Evaluate his surroundings.
Land Navigation 69% vs 1d100 = 99| Keep track of position
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 99 | Use armor sensors

Literacy: American 40% vs 1d100 = 2 | Keeping mind blank

Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 12 vs 15

Drum nods and says, "Yes, Sir!" as Doc issues his orders.

Drum's not entirely sure why they are going out in a snow storm. He must not have been paying attention when the weather conditions of the attacks were mentioned. I'd think this guy would want to stay warm and cozy in weather like this. Only dumbasses who couldn't call in sick would be out in this. Drum chuckles to himself. And I am the dumbass today. Are sick days even allowed for me anymore? I'd think some sort of psychic juicer would just put the whammy on whomever was wandering about while he was on the hunt.

Drum shrugs as he fits the face plate of his armor on. The hiss as the helmet seals hits his ears as the last part of his natural body, his face tingles as the warmer air coming from the armor warms his skin. He adjusts the settings to minimize the humidity in the armor so it won't fog up when it hits the colder air of outside. If it get's too bad I can go to the internal supplies.

He secures his NG-45LP to his belt along with one extra click for that and his rifle. 3 grenades, I supposed the locales will frown if we start blowing things up, best use might be for controlling direction, lob one past the target to get the him to change directions. His gaze swings to the trailer where his rail gun is stored. Too obvious that we're looking for trouble if I am lugging that thing around. He sighs.

He pulls up his jet pack and leans it up against the wall on a table and backs into it hearing the clamps click locking it in place. He pulls the control stick up and uses the velcro to secure it his forearm. Finally, he picks up his NG-P7 and cradles it in his arms.

He moves over to position, "Doc is the plan that Preacher slowly get ahead of us, or fall behind? I'll take the left side of the street."

...

The cyborg moves down the street, he activates the thermal-imager in his arm and watches the world change into blobs of color. He pauses at alleys and looks down them, methodically checking what objects are inside, switching to regular vision for a few seconds before moving on. If there are dumpsters, or other items, he signals over the radio and waits until he hears confirmation that he's covered and then goes down the alley checking it.

As he moves along, he thinks back to the briefing and something the doctors said when they thought he was asleep. Candidates for the cyborg conversion were those who had a strong mental resilience. Not being psychic himself, he doesn't really know what they can do, only what he's seen on the vids. Need to try and keep my mind blank.

Inside his helmet, he says, "Computer, load American Literacy course review, visual only." In a corner of his HUD, a series of letters and short words appear. "C, A, T. Cat. D, zero, no O, G. Dog," Drum begins as the search continues.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Mane » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 30
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 80
Save vs Psionics (Saves on a 12, +2 vs all mind control): 1d20 = 3

Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 50
Sense Supernatural Beings (72%): 1d100 = 9
Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 4 Super Green!
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 1 Super Dooper Green!!
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 99

Detect Ambush 40% (105% bar, capped @ 98%): 1d100 = 22
Detect Concealment (80% bar): 1d100 = 94
Tracking (people) (90% bar): 1d100 = 40



CS High Command wrote:On the way out the door Mane was regretting having ditched the warm comfort of his power armor for the Juicer armor, but at the last minute Galen produced a small unit that fit in his backpack that provides environmental and air storage for his jumpsuit - which acts like a pilot's jumpsuit. With the addition of a helmet with clear visor and external audio pickups as good as his own hearing, he is good to go and warm. It even has the ability to open up vents on the front to allow scents in.

... Mane, for his part, is questioning his own decision NOT to bring the Papago charm he'd been given in Arizona. The Ley Line's annoying buzz of psychic and magical energy niggles away at him, giving him a headache.


While Mane squinted at static in his head from the psychic interference from the damnedable Ley Line, the proud cat reminded himself why he didn't wear the useful charm from the Papago reteo-savages. The lion hunts the jackel with his honed skills and wits alone. Win or lose, live or die, it has to be by what makes me, me. No cheap trinkets... no techno-cheats... Though that buzzing is getting on my nerves.

Despite his chosen Spartan austerity, Mane was grateful to Galen for the heater unit. It was wicked cold out this morning, pride be damned. As such he turned a knob to get the little unit to crank out more heat and sinched in his long overcoat in an attempt to retain even more warmth. Mane didn't remember it being this cold last night; the chill penetrating to the bone now. It's got to be this fog! Nothing sells cold like wet, and this fog puts plenty of that in the air.

Putting his mind to the task, Mane walked down the street with Howlett and Drum.

Drummond Leighton wrote:He moves over to position, "Doc is the plan that Preacher slowly get ahead of us, or fall behind? I'll take the left side of the street."


Without needing to be told, Mane took the initiative and started to walk ahead of the trio. I got this. he said with a forced tone of false confidence, overcompensating for his earlier condition.

In reality he mostly needed to get a little distsnce to optimize the battery of senses at his disposal. With a little luck, his psychic senses might cut through all this magic fog comming off the Ley Line, or perhaps his bionic eye coud penetrate the literal fog in the air using its thermo-graphic mode. And failing that, he was confident his sharp feline hearing might pick up a helpful tell-tale.

Also, placing himself in his foe's mind, Mane thought it possible that with all the obtuse snooping he and his team did, it was very possible The Artist ... No... The Sadist discovered he had hunters on his trail. If in his position, Mane would try to turn the tables and make the hunters into the hunted. As such, the battle cat was keeping a keen eye out for signs of an ambush or The Sadist in hiding, waiting for just the right time to strike from the shadows.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Culter » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 96 / 1d20 = 18
Perception [44% (69% re: electrical | 69% IFF | +54% ID Enemy in Disguise)]: 1d100 = 21
Save vs Psionic: 1d20+3 = 22 As a Master Psionic, Culter needs only a 10 or higher to save vs Psionic.)

[Skills to aid during Overwatch and Mental Battle Mapping]
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 1 [Crit]
Lore, Psionics and Psychics [40%]: 1d100 = 21
Intelligence [44%]: 1d100 = 77
Electronic Countermeasures [55%]: 1d100 = 47
Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 15
Pilot, PA [69%]: 1d100 = 12

Given his field of cover, Culter will begin is aerial overwatch as ordered and find a comfortable height of approximately 900 feet. Gotta say, glad this thing is environmental. Being out in this cold would be brutal. He will monitor radio and electrical chatter for any signs of foul play during his flight, and any sign that the ground team or his flight path has been made. Otherwise he will maintain radio silence as he begins his initial overwatch, ensuring he gets a good mental picture of the soon to be battlefield and potential avenues for escape and ambush.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:26 am

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d100 = 85 1d20 = 8

Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 6

Codename: Ken Rosewood

Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 74

To search for potential enemy radio traffic, clear up any radio static etc:
Radio Basic 92% 1d100 = 63
Electronic Countermeasures 72% 1d100 = 87

To scan area with active sensors for possible threats:
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 95

To assess area for any possible intel and related:
Intelligence 64% 1d100 = 51

To try and keep military tactics in mind for possible ambushes, better flight grouping etc:
Military Etiquette: 42% 1d100 = 84

To keep track of location and headings etc:
Land Navigation 69% 1d100 = 66
Navigation 57% 1d100 = 33

To think of possible threats that may be encountered in the area:
Lore: Demon/Monster 62% 1d100 = 20
Lore: D-Bee 32% 1d100 = 21

To try to recall what Karl knows about the area or figure out areas of possible importance in the area:
History: Pre-Rifts 39%/31% 1d100 = 3/1d100 = 70

Karl would take to the air, glad as ever he was a power armour pilot, cruising at a decent altitude and keeping to combat flight speed for now. "Don't forget to keep your spacing out here." Karl would comment over the flight coms. "If someone breaks out AA missiles don't want em to hit more than one of us at a time." He'd then start scanning the area, eying the place for possible ambush points that they might get jumped from, signs of enemy fliers or vehicles and other typical things. He'd even start checking the area out in general trying to think of anything in the area that might be relevant or.... just interesting to keep his mind somewhat occupied and alert. Wish the weather didn't suck so much but thank the Proseks for power armour and environmental systems....
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:35 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 75 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 4

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

When He reaches an appropriate altitude to glide, Badger unclips from the noisier power armors and drifts silently away, banking hard right. He straightens out a bit, then sets himself up to do a spiral search pattern of the area, checking streets and rooftops with his enhanced vision and sensors, courtesy of his cybernetic hand and eye.

This is the easy part. Nice thing is, the cloud cover will prevent me from casting shadow on the people below.

"Badger here, beginning search pattern."

Karl wrote: "Don't forget to keep your spacing out here. If someone breaks out AA missiles don't want em to hit more than one of us at a time."


"Roger that. I prefer not to get hit at all." Still, Badger uses his cyber hand's motion sensor to make sure no one gets within 500' of him without his knowing and being able to adjust. 500' is a pretty good distance. Out of the blast radius - or just on the edge - of anything small enough to waste on one guy.

Internally, part of him hopes this is true. Part of him hopes it is not. He stuffs that part down deep, deep inside.

Badger circles the area in question, eyes open on the action below. He cycles through his cyber-eye's settings until he hits on the telescopic function, and leaves it there.

Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 24 (SUCCESS)
Tracking: People 50% 1d100 = 17 (SUCCESS)
Electronic Countermeasures 65% 1d100 = 78 (FAIL)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 9 (SUCCESS)
Sensory Equipment 30% 1d100 = 93 (FAIL)
Prowl 40% 1d100 = 40 (SUCCESS)
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 88
Extra PSI save(12+) - 1d20 = 13

Leaving his rifle back at base made the scout uncomfortable. It was something that was almost always at his side, especially during an op. Instead, he was armed only with his side arm as he hunkered down inside the trench coat as he walked eastward down the street. -This weather sucks. Hopefully we can finish this up quickly so I can get back inside and away from this bullshit.- He walks in the open down the street, scanning the surroundings. Once in awhile he will stop and look towards the leyline blazing away since it was so close, other times he will look to the sky and watch the coming storm. Each pause being calculated to allow for observation of others on the street (if there are any) and what they do when he stops. Once he reaches the end of the road and is looking out at the wilderness, he stops again to take in the sight before turning south and proceeding to the dock area. -Fun shit.-

Skill List
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 65, PASS] - Keeping track of his location
    [Track Humans – 85%, 1d100 = 73, PASS] - Looking for fresh prints and gauging timing / numbers
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 40, PASS] - Trying to think of which building a loner might hide in
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] - Trying to get a sense of which buildings are being used
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 68, FAIL] - keeping an eye out
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 49, FAIL] - Trying to use the suit systems to keep track of team mates
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 53, FAIL] - Trying to run the optics through the different spectrums
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby James Howlett » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14; 1d100 = 79
Save vs. Psionics (16+): 1d20+3 = 17
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System.


Skills
Find Contraband 1d100 = 20/86% Pass (To spot out any contraband items on the patrol; particularly Naruni stuff.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 97/109% Pass (Barely) (To keep an eye on James' various scanners as well as what ever is linked to him from other sources via HUD)
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 20/59% Pass (Search for signs of magic.)
• Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 1d100 = 73/48% Fail (Search for signs of magic.)
• Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 71/43% Fail (Search for signs of magic.)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 98/59% Fail (Search for signs of psionic powers in use.)
Cryptography 1d100 = 16/49% Pass (To decode any possible encrypted radio signals)
Psychology 1d100 = 89/74% Fail (Try to get into his head and make educated guesses as o his next move.)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 18/104% Pass (To keep in touch with the team and to monitor the area for other sources.)
Intelligence 1d100 = 49/58% Pass (To piece together all the incoming information.)
Prowl 1d100 = 66/74% Pass (Just not trying to be super obvious, not so much real stealth.)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 22/54% Pass (Jam unwanted communication sources, if needed.)



James walks down the streets making it seem as if he's going for a leisurely stroll with some of his men. Going so far as to pour himself another cup of coffee, before stowing the Thermos into his coat's interior pockets. James' methods of searching isn't particularly skilled, just based on several years of experience of noticing unusual things. James admires the others with him as they keep methodical eyes out for tracks or smells in the air.

"Keep an eye out for alien tech or just out right strangeness. We are as much a target to him as he is to us." James radios over the group channel before sipping from his coffee. I almost feel like one of those worthless generals who just watch the battle from the safety of a base, while sipping coffee. At least I am actually here with them. James thinks almost sourly.

"We will move down two buildings and turn south. Overwatch move as you see fit." James again radios to the group.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby CS High Command » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:02 am

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 0710 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    Location: The northwest end of Dock Area D in front of a fenced-in parking lot and shop with the name on the side of the building being Hammond Industrial Trucks. The other building (to the left) is Trinity Wholesale Plumbing and Publics Works.
    Map
    Image


As Mane walks down the street, his keen hearing picks up a variety of sounds of interest. Of course he can hear the sounds of their feet crunching into the patina of ice and snow over everything, but further he can hear the sound of forklifts, power tools, men talking as they work, trucks moving into and away from warehouses and more. In the distance he can clearly hear the sounds of the loading cranes, the roar of hover jets as inspection vehicles fly over the ships and trucks, and closer, the hoverjet roar of the Northern Gun power armor used by his teammates, even at this distance. Glancing up he can track their movement in the sky. He doesn't see the new officer though, or hear him. Stealth from a power armor. He would make a good hunting partner - not unlike Egan's stealth power armor. For all the activity inside the warehouses, none of it arouses so much as interest, let alone worry.

As James walks, he keeps a close eye on the activity around and can see at least five businesses actively dealing in contraband. This doesn't surprise him - it is one of the purposes of "independent" ports like this one. But one reason Hammond is allowed to exist is that it keeps its contraband to an acceptable level. They don't deal heavily in slaves, don't deal with the splugorth, and deal heavily to all forces equally with regards to the ongoing Tolkeen Avengers and Federation of Magic conflicts. They deal to everyone and everyone knows anything revealed to the dealers is fair trade to their enemies. Its one of the ways to pass misinformation and solidify covers and a favorite tool of CSID. But nothing he sees suggest anyone dealing with Naruni tech. It's far too much of a hot potato this close to Chi-Town and Old Chicago. There is one recurring rumor he hears often enough of a ship that comes into port and sells Naruni gear, complete with Repo Bots acting as hawkers, but the details are confusing and considering he heard the same rumors in Roswell, they are likely just that - rumors. One thing does come to mind, it is very likely their quarry is now aware of them. There are literally dozens of potential informants among the warehouse workers huddled in their places of employment or in the dock cranes high in the distance, and that doesn't count remote cameras. Their own hasty deployment included many wireless cameras covering every approach. At least he, Mane, and Drummond are now hunted targets. But that was the goal, so its hardly a surprise. One disturbing thing is he can easily hear the rockets of the overhead power armor. he hears other hoverjets in the distance near the port itself, so the idea of things flying is hardly out of the ordinary, but he does need to consider that.

Like his immediate teammates, Drummond notices a significant amount of activity. Work doesn't stop for a blizzard in the Great Lakes region, unless it's bad. With his enhanced hearing, as he is checking out behind a dumpster, he hears someone urging a fellow worker to move faster. "None of us want to have those doors open when that storm comes in, so let's get it done ya lay-about! What? Why do I care if someone wants to take a walk in a blizzard. Their problem, not mine or yours. Get to work!" As they move down the road and turn right, heading south, he sees something in a warehouse upper balcony of the building to their right. Not a person, but rather what looks to be a junk pile of parts and vehicles. It's odd because it's high up. He can't make out any Naruni tech, but it is an odd collection, including some CS tech. That's not unusual, what is simply how diverse the tech is.

One thing that Egan notices is just how much activity there is. Sure it's cold and there is a blizzard coming, but work still goes on. From what he's been told it's always been this way in this area. Commerce can't stop because its icy cold. So it doesn't. The doors are all closed and there are makeshift umbilicals connecting trucks to the docks where possible. But the hum of activity is all around. As he looks to his right, away from the docks, he half expects wilderness, but instead sees a sprawling shanty town of huts, houses, tents, and trailers going for miles. None of them are big, especially sturdy, or particularly warm. He can see the telltale signs of heaters and fires when he cycles through thermographic optics, but again, nothing to suggest their quarry. One thing does come to mind though. Its very likely their quarry is now aware of them. There are literally dozens of potential informants. If he can hide his true personality and sadism from others, and Egan has no doubt of that, he could easily put together a nice detection net. For that reason, Egan is glad he left his rifle at home. He is far from the only one out trudging to some destination, bundled against the cold. As he reaches the end of the building, and sees the slight dogleg marking his next change of direction, he considers the wisdom of going further south or breaking east for one more block to reach the actual port.

As Karl flies upwards and then begins scanning the radio. A check of the scanners becomes irrelevant as he gets caught in a high powered radar beam from a ground installation near the Port itself. He is startled and ready for action when he realizes it was just dumb luck and an air traffic signal for the port. That's when he uses the Mark I eyeball and notices all the air traffic near the port. Hover cars, flying container transports, flying non-combat power armor for loaders, labor 'borgs in jet packs, and who knows what else, in addition to the cranes all working the five ships that are in port. It's hard to tell progress, but piles of containers are getting high on the ships and on the port itself. But there is definitely a serious frenetic energy to the port.

Culter sees pretty much the same things as Karl, though he avoids the air control tower's radar beam. In addition to the port traffic, there is also significant ground traffic in the close region - trucks and cargo movers mostly. There is also more foot traffic than he would have first assumed, but most is short trips, from one building to another. One thing does pique the zapper's attention though. From the looks of it most of the roofs have access to the buildings below and it would be completely possible for a juicer, crazy, or power armored trooper to never touch the ground for a significant number of the buildings. Which means that a ground only force would be completely at a killer's mercy.

As Badger circles the area, away from the other two, he notices the general buzz of activity (more or less the same as Karl) and it's clear to him everyone is trying to finish their current tasks before the blizzard comes in. He can already feel the headwinds of it, fighting him as he glides. He finds out about as much as the others, but he can't see any signs of an aggressor. He also sees the pile of odd salvage on balcony of the warehouse corner near where doc just turned. It's odd because it would have had to have been brought up from the ground.

GM Instructions: Work up what you are going to do, how you want to proceed and then post. Once you're done, then read the foreshadowing. Honestly this is such a well done bad guy, I am going to write his story as part of these GM posts. Your characters will have no idea what he is doing or thinking until it happens, but I believe you as players WILL enjoy it, if only because of how it will make defeating him that much more enjoyable.

Foreshadowing - READ LAST
Pain. It always starts with pain. You are awake, you are in pain. You sleep, there is pain. The pain from the ley line, the pain from how used up his body is, the pain from his own memories. Ah, but the juice flows, bringing blessed relief from most sources. The pulse of the ley line on his psychic senses is welcome too. For how bad it is on him, it's worse on all of the fucking dog mutants.

He goes over to the tablet on the table and taps it to life, and begins looking at his latest interrogation video and begins making notes. This one professed ignorance of the mutant takeover too. Even as his entrails were stretched out and played like a guitar, he refused to give up the creatures in control of it all. He used every trick at his considerable disposal and yet, nothing new. "No one else will be like my friends, ripped up and discarded like so much trash," he mutters to himself. Oh, the screams had been exceptional, and the palpable fear was exquisite. Seeing these mutant freaks in such terror left a warm spot in his heart.

A buzzing in his pocket reminds him he has work to do. He removes the phone and checks the message. A group of mercs in the area - taking a stroll. The hell they are. As he looks, his trained eye picks something out. The way they disperse and move with surety and purpose. They are a team well versed in working together. But they are also all human. 'Coalition? Maybe even from the PRP?' All are human, except for one fucking mutant. It's only a cat though. A mutant cat wearing juicer armor. "Are you kidding me, is that supposed to draw me in or something?" But as he looks at the mutant, he sees all the swagger of the mutants he hates the most. And unlike those, its full of pride. But it's also massive. But despite that, it's obviously suffering from the ley line. A slow smile spreads over his face. He'll have to be careful. Time to get moving though. He moves over to his cabinet and begins strapping on his armor, weapons, and tools. He glances at his claws as he puts them on, taking a cleaning cloth to remove a speck of blood he'd missed before. He grins at the thought of how that freak had died, and wondered how this cat would die. Perhaps he knows more, or maybe one of the humans do? The damn mutants must have someone on the inside helping them.

As an afterthought, he messages his informant again, telling him to meet their mutual contact for payment. He sends another to the broker that acts as his employer and asks him to give 50 credits to the mechanic for the heads up. He also includes that he may have some gear to move soon.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 15 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 92

Something about that pile of tech is off... It's on a balcony, so someone carted it up here. It's also outside, exposed to the elements. if it were junk, being exposed wouldn't be an issue - but it wouldn't be on the balcony either. If it's part someone needs, it might merit hauling it all upstairs, but not leaving it in the open.

He keys open the unit channel. "Badger here - I'm not seeing much except... there's a pile of gear outside on a balcony that's seems hinky. If it's parts, it shouldn't be outside. If it's trash, it shouldn't be upstairs. And I know that seems trivial but... My gut says to check."

He makes another loop, fighting the wind, while he awaits response. As he circles around, he thinks about what the out-of-place debris could mean, from both a military and a supernatural perspective.

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 88 (Could this be an urban "hunter's blind"? - FAIL)
Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 7 (Would this be an effective way to camouflage surveillance equip? - SUCCESS)
Demolitions 84% 1d100 = 47 (Would this be an effective way to camouflage an IED? - SUCCESS)
Lore: D-Bee 40% 1d100 = 86 (Any dbees that disguise themselves in or as trash? - FAIL)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 42/35% 1d100 = 59 (likewise any demons or supernatural monsters? - FAIL)
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Culter » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:31 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 60 / 1d20 = 18
Perception [44%: +25% Electrical-Any | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover Enemy]: 1d100 = 47
Save vs Psionics [10+]: 1d20+3 = 14

Pilot, Robots and PA [69%]: 1d100 = 3 (Maintain proper altitude and control during the blizzard)
Weapon Systems [60%]: 1d100 = 11 (Conduct a Pre-Battle Damage Assessment on the type of firepower his PA brings, which systems are most effective in the cold (or affected by it), and identify unknown weapon systems in the area)
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 49 (Identify likely ambush points, starting with the rooftops)
ID Undercover Agent [55%]: 1d100 = 51 (Know the difference between the on-looker and the hunter)
Electronic Countermeasures [55%]: 1d100 = 39 (Isolate and jam any suspicious signals)
Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 33 (Monitor sensors; scanning for anomalies, interference and any ground weapons platforms in the areas)
Military Tactics [50%]: 1d100 = 23 (Trying to avoid military tactics and act as freelance as possible, while still maintaining the keen military eye for such enemies.)
Intelligence [44%]: 1d100 = 42 (Apply the things he learns, and incorporating it into his intentions)
Lore, Psychics and Psionics [40%]: 1d100 = 18 (Delphi Juicer: What? Weakness? Known habits of recorded encounters? Are they susceptible to Mind Bleeder-like Assaults?)

Culter will establish a near-maximum altitude of 390' with his Blue Hawk; locking the wings and and begins following an asymmetrical, continuous path around the city block and hopefully mostly vanishing within the blizzard. He'll ensure he has a proper IFF flash on each of his teammates in the HUD and then conducts a pre-battle damage assessment (PBDA) of the areas as a whole around his allies on the ground. He is looking at ground activity, aerial activity, building activity, structural and poorly maintained areas and anything that could cause secondary explosions. Culter does want to avoid civilian collateral damage, and accepts structural damage as part of the job. Busy day. The port is active, lots of ground movement too, their systems will likely interfere with ours, and hopefully the enemies. Culter assess to himself.

Culter traces the building lines and accessibility between buildings with a slight frown. The rooftops make for good high-ground; anyone in the streets would be like fish in a barrel. Close enough for any augmented persons to clear the distance between them. Does our Juicer like to parkour? Culter thinks to himself. Culter will wait for the lieutenant to finish his transmission and wait for a proper break before queuing his radio.

"Plasma update. I concur with Badger's suggestion. The rooftops pose a moderate threat and allow for freedom of movement between buildings without needing to be streetside while providing excellent vantage for ambush points on the street. High possibility our target would take the high ground over the streets. Commerce is busy; heavy activity at the port and the ground; mostly cargo trucks on the ground. Air Control is active, will likely affect our sensors. "
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:07 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 26 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 65

Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 27 | Evaluate his surroundings.
Land Navigation 69% vs 1d100 = 42| Keep track of position

Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 68 | Use armor sensors
Recognize Salvage and Quality 70% vs 1d100 = 75 | Looking at the pile of junk in the balcony for anything that is't junk.
Climbing 70% vs 1d100 = 82| Climb up on to balcony if possible.


Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 8 vs 15

Dumb asses like himself wrote:Like his immediate teammates, Drummond notices a significant amount of activity. Work doesn't stop for a blizzard in the Great Lakes region, unless it's bad. With his enhanced hearing, as he is checking out behind a dumpster, he hears someone urging a fellow worker to move faster. "None of us want to have those doors open when that storm comes in, so let's get it done ya lay-about! What? Why do I care if someone wants to take a walk in a blizzard. Their problem, not mine or yours. Get to work!" As they move down the road and turn right, heading south, he sees something in a warehouse upper balcony of the building to their right. Not a person, but rather what looks to be a junk pile of parts and vehicles. It's odd because it's high up. He can't make out any Naruni tech, but it is an odd collection, including some CS tech. That's not unusual, what is simply how diverse the tech is.


Drum grins underneath his helmet as he hears others just as confounded about working in a blizzard as himself. The snow and ice crunches under the heavy weight of his armored boot. Maybe if we just lay down and make some snow angels, we will get some others to join us. With Mane in front, Drum let's Doc take his stroll in the middle while, the cyborg lags a bit behind to keep Howlett in sight. Drum had thought they were doing a patrol like they would in the Magic Zone, knocking over anything big enough to hide behind to make sure the way back was clear, but there was Doc, pretty as he pleases, drinking coffee and acting like he was out for a Sunday stroll.

Spotting the pile of junk, Drum slows down so he can keep his eyes on it. He skips through the various vision modes checking to see if it is just a pile of parts, or something more. He checks for heat as a sign of active electronics, then zooms in to see if there's a microphone or even a camera lens. Over the radio, he says, "Doc, unique piece of art up there on the right on a balcony. Might be an urban 'duck blind' or something. Permission to check it out?"

He looks to see if there is a ladder, or if he can jump (up to 14' high) to grab a hold of the balcony and leverage himself up. "May need a boost to get up there.", he says to himself as he looks up at it.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:56 pm

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d100 = 80 1d20 = 2
Codename: Ken Rosewood

Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 21

Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 39

To try and keep military tactics in mind for possible ambushes, better flight grouping etc:
Military Etiquette: 42% 1d100 = 6

To keep track of location and headings etc:
Land Navigation 69% 1d100 = 28
Navigation 57% 1d100 = 52

To search for potential enemy radio traffic, clear up any radio static etc:
Radio Basic 92% 1d100 = 82
Electronic Countermeasures 72% 1d100 = 48

To scan area with active sensors for possible threats:
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 1

Jericho Jackson wrote:He keys open the unit channel. "Badger here - I'm not seeing much except... there's a pile of gear outside on a balcony that's seems hinky. If it's parts, it shouldn't be outside. If it's trash, it shouldn't be upstairs. And I know that seems trivial but... My gut says to check."


Culter wrote:"Plasma update. I concur with Badger's suggestion. The rooftops pose a moderate threat and allow for freedom of movement between buildings without needing to be streetside while providing excellent vantage for ambush points on the street. High possibility our target would take the high ground over the streets. Commerce is busy; heavy activity at the port and the ground; mostly cargo trucks on the ground. Air Control is active, will likely affect our sensors. "


"Sounds like Badger might be onto something to me too." Karl responded rather agreeably to the call out. He'd then focus his attention briefly on the pile at the top of the roof, trying to check it out from a distance before getting in too close. "Want me to buzz by and check it out?"

Drummond Leighton wrote: Over the radio, he says, "Doc, unique piece of art up there on the right on a balcony. Might be an urban 'duck blind' or something. Permission to check it out?"


Damn, that's a lot of bloody contacts. Karl thought to himself as he tried to keep an eye on the radar, surroundings, and, well everything else. Just the reason why I hate checking for hostiles in urban areas like this. So many different places someone can hide with a launcher or two, or a whole blasted battery of them.... he doubted that would be the case in this situation, but at the same time, he wasn't wanting to underestimate his target however. He considered the situation a little more, deciding that it was best to cruise about a bit in what he hoped wouldn't seem too much like a lazy evasive pattern. Mostly to avoid any potential direct ground fire, though he knew missile locks would be a whole other story to deal with. "So, when looking for a needle in a haystack, it's best to use a magnet." he'd add as over the coms as he tried to consider what what they could use as additional bait. Or what kinds of things might otherwise draw out their target. "Hopefully we aren't the pin..." he'd softly comment additionally as the thought occurred to him. "Those nests could just be a diversion to draw us out."
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby James Howlett » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 12
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System.
Save vs Psionics (16+): 1d20+3 = 11

Jericho Jackson wrote: "Badger here - I'm not seeing much except... there's a pile of gear outside on a balcony that's seems hinky. If it's parts, it shouldn't be outside. If it's trash, it shouldn't be upstairs. And I know that seems trivial but... My gut says to check."


Culter wrote:"Plasma update. I concur with Badger's suggestion. The rooftops pose a moderate threat and allow for freedom of movement between buildings without needing to be streetside while providing excellent vantage for ambush points on the street. High possibility our target would take the high ground over the streets. Commerce is busy; heavy activity at the port and the ground; mostly cargo trucks on the ground. Air Control is active, will likely affect our sensors. "


Drummond Leighton wrote:"Doc, unique piece of art up there on the right on a balcony. Might be an urban 'duck blind' or something. Permission to check it out?"


Karl wrote:"Sounds like Badger might be onto something to me too." Karl responded rather agreeably to the call out. He'd then focus his attention briefly on the pile at the top of the roof, trying to check it out from a distance before getting in too close. "Want me to buzz by and check it out?"


As James walks and the report of a unusual pile of junk begins racking up, James decides what to do. "Yeah check it. Since Blue volunteered, to give it a check, that's what he'll do." James says over the radio, before looking to Drum. "Let the flyboys take this one, so you do not look out of place hopping around." James says to the combat cyborg.

James continues his leisurely pace as he walks the streets near the port. Stopping every so often to take a look at something or another, but ultimately moving on down the road. James will take the group one block from the shore and head back west, making a almost circuitous route of it.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:55 am

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 74

Extra: 1d20 = 4

Seeing the shanty town like area reminded Egan of his time as a kid. If it hadn't been for the kindness of Mama Mable, he would have been left out in the cold to fend for himself during the cold winter days and nights. With the thermals showing the shoddy insulating on some of the hovels he remembers the corpses that were found, frozen to death during the night. -Somethings never change. - With a sigh, the scout looks down the road he was going to take over to the port area but instead decides to continue heading south for another block before making the cut over.

"Continuing south, got a small shanty town of workers for the warehouses more then likely here. Nothing else to relay except eyes are everywhere." With his message away on the teams band, the scout keeps moving along looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 14, PASS] - Using the radio
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 52, PASS] - Keeping track of his location
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 63, PASS] - Looking for less used paths and gauging the time last used
    [Salvage – 90%, 1d100 = 25, PASS] - Looking at the hovels and area for materials used
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 77, FAIL] - Trying to piece together anything that might need to be looked into more
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 82, FAIL] - Trying to gauge which locations are of the criminal element
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 75, FAIL] - Watching his back
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 6, PASS] - Keeping track of team mates, and anomalies
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 50, FAIL] - Keeping the optic rotation going through the various modes
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Mane » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:49 am

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 15
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 12,1d100 = 14

"Sensory & Skill Rolls"
Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 31 (GOOD)
Sense Supernatural Beings (72%): 1d100 = 94 (BAD)
Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 36 (GOOD)
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 60 (GOOD)
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 24 (GOOD)

Detect Ambush (105% bar): 1d100 = 53 (GOOD)
(To examine ground-level area for signs of pending attack

Detect Concealment (80% bar): 1d100 = 70 (GOOD)
(To give any nearby pedestrians the lookover for signs of having more than meets the eye)

Tracking (people) (90% bar): 1d100 = 58 (GOOD)
(To examine the frosty ground for any telltale tracks, like, say, anything bearing the Naruni brand)


Listening to the radio chatter, none of the pieces were adding up for Mane. The obvious out-of-place garbage high in the balcony, the roar of the numerous hover-jets high in the sky, the cacophony of noises from the freight and harbor not far away. Thinking about it for a moment with his predator's mind, Mane came to an unmistakable conclusion.

"It's all a distraction, guys. He wants us looking high so he can strike low. He wants us looking where he's not. Remember, he's not a sniper. He has to get in close and get his claws dirty. To feel the blood of his victims under his fingernails."

Armed with this revelation (or was it only a strong suspicio; was the cat just getting paranoid?) Mane redoubled his focus on surveying his surroundings.

Any passers-by? SUSPECT!! Could be The Sadist hiding in plain sight!

Any shadow that shifts, no matter how innicent? SUSPECT!! Could be The Sadist getting ready to pounce!

Any tracks in the crunchy frost? SUSPECT!! Could be the only sign The Sadist leaves in his wake! For all Mane knew, he could literally turn invisible (or some psychic equivalent of)!

The slightest whiff of mal-intent in the air, be it psychic or pheromones? DEFINITELY SUSPECT!!! Even the most trace amounts of either in the air could tip him off ... Could be the only thing that tips him off

As he walked down the street Mane, found himself getting jumpy. He had to stop and remind himself that he was the hunter, not The Sadist. Unfamiliar with the sensation of fear, the big cat struggled with all it entailed. It was an altogether new emotion for him. One he did not particularly like. If he didn't master it soon, Mane feared that fear itself would get him killed.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 am

*Rolls carried over*

James Howlett wrote:As James walks and the report of a unusual pile of junk begins racking up, James decides what to do. "Yeah check it. Since Blue volunteered, to give it a check, that's what he'll do." James says over the radio, before looking to Drum. "Let the flyboys take this one, so you do not look out of place hopping around." James says to the combat cyborg.


"Roger that Momma Bear." Karl quipped before he had a chance to have second thoughts about it as he was letting his mouth run ahead of his brain, or, perhaps really more almost independent thereof. His tone was lightly teasing, though also ever so slightly distracted, for distracted he was, just a touch, by trying to keep an eye on so much.

"JIC Dice/Skill Rolls"
(To think of any potential booby traps, bombs etc might be hidden in the pile so he knows roughly what the 'kill zone' would be etc)
Military Etiquette: 42% 1d100 = 41
Homemade Explosives 51% 1d100 = 79
Demolitions 82% 1d100 = 84

Demolitions: Disposal 82% 1d100 = 50

(To use his sensors to try and pick up any potential threats in or immediately around the pile)
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 49

(In case any fancy flying is required, Combat flying grants penalty reduction of 51%)
Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 9

JIC Roll with Impact: 1d20+4 = 13
JIC Dodge (While Flying): 1d20+19 = 28
JIC Auto-Dodge: 1d20+11 = 30

Karl would take a somewhat lazy fly around, bleeding off altitude in a low, slow spiral, giving himself time to check out the surroundings as he tried to think of any of the many, many ways he could potentially set up an ambush if -he- were the one making this whole thing a trap. End of the day buddy, going to have to try and take a chance.... That's why they give you power armour in the first place. He wasn't exactly nervous, but he was enough on edge to try and be on his toes. Besides, better safe than sorry!
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:39 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 0715 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    The damage, duration, and range of psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within 1 mile/1.6 km) a ley line.
    Location:
    Map
    Image


As he continues south, Egan has to calm his nerves the first time someone barrels into the alley on a forklift or cart. It surprises him. At least one pair of drivers end up in a scuffle, but by the time Egan is close enough to be worried, it's blown over. As he walks he can certainly make out less walked in areas, including roof access ladders a short hop up for him. Outside of the abilities of a normal human, but for his power armor enhanced legs, or perhaps a juicer, a trivial feat. He does see where people walking will take to the roofs, but it happens irregularly - mostly where a truck has recently blocked the way. He is able to receive some telemetry two of the new guys up in the air and know at least the position of his squad mates. As another forklift rushes out into the alleyway, flashing its light in his face as he cycles through his optics, blinding him for a
split second. He stops and when he comes to, he is by one of the roof access ladders and barely half way down the alley.

As Badger circles, he at once can see everything and nothing. So much activity is going on, but so little of it can be discerned from this height. One thing he is accomplishing is keeping a link up for everyone to hit. The crew can all tell where each other are. The majority of his focus, however, is on one rooftop in particular. Plasma, likewise, is circling the area and finds himself near the water. There he notes a small dock with a bunch of trawlers and possible house boats docked. He keeps an eye on it as he sweeps his vision back towards Blue as he swoops down to the rooftop. Codex radios back to the group. "Northern warehouses cleared. I've seen a few bums that were suspicious, but I suspect they are informants more than our target, as Grey suggested. Going to interrogate one. Transmitting location now, in case I need backup. I doubt it though."

As Blue hits the area with active sensors, he is hit back by three locations he quickly realizes are air traffic control radar. As he sits down in the blind, he realizes that it would be a perfect sniper's position, but curiously he sees mostly splattered paint and a discarded hopper. It's then he recognizes it as a paint ball hopper. He remembers Codex mentioning at one point that one form of counting coup would be to blind someone with paint balls and then shoot a non-armored hand or foot with a laser. The gangs of Hammond are famous for it, especially among themselves. They will sometimes hit a local enforcer, but the response tends to be overwhelming, so it's almost always part of some greater ploy. He can find no other reason for it to be there. Just as he is about to leave, the whole thing collapses beneath him!

Blackwood and Doc find themselves simply walking in the role of bait minders. Truly they are bored to tears, but know they must be vigilant. Both see a single laser bolt strike out from in front and slightly from the left, and then hit something on the roof behind them. Suddenly, the hear the sniper's blind collapsing behind them. They look back to see Blue taking a ride with it. He almost hits the ground before detangling himself from the wreckage and flying up to hover. Everyone is unwittingly looking at Blue.

Mane, for his part is adamantly ignoring it, but he can't help but hear the thunderous crash behind him. It's then he realizes the sound is muffled and there seems to be no snow falling on him. He tries to back up and realizes he is inside of a force field of some sort. Trapped. His senses tell him he is in no danger, but his mind, freshly swimming in paranoia rails at his senses. Glancing around he can't tell precisely where the force field's boundary is.

GM Instructions
Everyone roll initiative and declare actions. No, you don't see a target. Next GM post is in 15 seconds. Anyone looking at Mane can see the barest outlines of the ten foot force field. There is only a tiny snow accumulation on it, mostly you see snowflakes hit it and slide off of it. You must succeed at Perception in the new post to be able to define where the force field is.
Egan is roughly half a mile from Mane's location. Culter is roughly 1200 feet from Mane. Badger is 825 feet away. Blue is 400 feet away. Doc and Drum are 30 feet away.

(2d4*10)+2 = 72
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:12 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 69 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 7

Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 98 | Locating Sniper's position
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 100 | Locating Sniper's position

Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 18 vs 15

The sound of Blue crashing causes Drum to react without much thought. The cyborg tucks and rolls, pulling his rifle close to his body, to the cover of the left side of the street/alley. He pops up out of his roll squatting. He scans the area, rifle at the ready looking for the sniper. Is this it, is this guy springing our trap? Or are we spring his?

He calls out over the teams frequency, "Blackwood here. No injuries."

He sees Mane standing in the street, not realizing that he's trapped in a force field, Why is he just standing there? That cat is crazy!

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 10
APM: 6
  1. Dodge 1d20+10 = 12
  2. Observe Surroundings
  3. Observe Surroundings
  4. Observe Surroundings
  5. Observe Surroundings
  6. Observe Surroundings

Contigency Dodges (+10): 5d20:
14, 13, 18, 15, 8
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Mane » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 3
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 4
Conditions: See Invisible power Active

CS High Command wrote:Mane, for his part is adamantly ignoring it, but he can't help but hear the thunderous crash behind him. It's then he realizes the sound is muffled and there seems to be no snow falling on him. He tries to back up and realizes he is inside of a force field of some sort. Trapped. His senses tell him he is in no danger, but his mind, freshly swimming in paranoia rails at his senses. Glancing around he can't tell precisely where the force field's boundary is.

GM Instructions
Everyone roll initiative and declare actions. No, you don't see a target. Next GM post is in 15 seconds. Anyone looking at Mane can see the barest outlines of the ten foot force field. There is only a tiny snow accumulation on it, mostly you see snowflakes hit it and slide off of it. You must succeed at Perception in the new post to be able to define where the force field is.
Egan is roughly half a mile from Mane's location. Culter is roughly 1200 feet from Mane. Badger is 825 feet away. Blue is 400 feet away. Doc and Drum are 30 feet away.


Mane was struck with an odd realization. The positive realization that the team's gambit was working in drawing out The Sadist, but conflicted with the realization that he was now trapped in a psychic (or magic?) cage with his quarry intent on nabbing a big juicy mutant prize. This didn't sit well with him. No. Not at all. Both pride and rage welled within him as his instincts told him to fight... even if his oppoenent was nowhere to be seen.

"I am no man's prize!"

In an act of both defianace and summoning up his wounded confidence, Mane cut loose with as fearsome of a lion's roar as his considerable lungs could muster, painfully audible in a mile in every direction.

"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAR!!!!

Keeping his wits about him as best he could, Mane's hand dropped to his right hip-holster, quick-drawed his Stopper ion pistol, and shot from the hip like the gunfighter he was. While he knew he was caged, he wasn't sure exactly where his confines were. The quickest way to find out was to shoot it out. The blast hit the force field closer than he expected, mere feet in front of him.

With the edge disovered, Mane resolved not to be some caged wild animal... so of course he holstered his pistol and then lashed out with his claws like a caged wild animal! In rapid succession his black steel-rending claws slashed at the unseen barrier, testing both his own strength and that of the mind of his wouldbe hunter.

Midway through his frantic attempt to escape, Mane's thogughts collected enough for him to realize that his attacker was actively using a psychic power. That power emanation SHOULD be flagging his psychic senses like The Skull & Bolts over Chi-Town on Victory Day! "Should" being the operative word. There's a reason why this freak successfully hunts Dog Boys. Mane thought, reminding himself of why this man may be invisible to his psi-senstive abilities.

Once free of his psychic confinement (assuing his barage of claws was sufficient to the task), Mane looked to the side of the street to a nearby buildind or structure. He was a cat... he needed the highground! Altitude would give him the vantage he might need to find which shadow The Sadist was hiding in. Any clue could make the difference. Perhaps make the snowfall work to his advantage somehow.

Mane fell back on his training and scanned his surroundings with everything he had, activating his psychic power to the see the invisible, setting his bionic eye to thermoimaging, and opening up the battery of impressive senses at his command. He was out there somewhere, and Mane was determined to find him. Perhaps the bastard was hiding in plain sight, but disguised.

"ROLLS, INITIATIVE, & ACTIONS"
Psychic Senses:
* Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 90 CRAP
* * Range vs Power In Use: 570 ft!
* Sense Supernatural Beings (72% bar): 1d100 = 63 Okay
* * Tracking vs Those Using Power (40% bar): 1d100 = 46 Nope!
Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 97 CRAP
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 91 Bearly
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 83 M'eh
Skills & Training:
* Detect Ambush (105% bar, capped @ 98%): 1d100 = 22 (to find any signs of additional forthcoming hostile activities) SOLID
* Detect Concealment (80% bar): 1d100 = 94 (to try to spot where the little bastard is hiding) NOPE
* Tracking (people) (90% bar): 1d100 = 46 (to locate any indication of movement in the snow after Mane has gone to the rooftops) GOOD
* I.D. Enemy in Disguise (Adv. Training; 62% bar): 1d100 = 24 (to determine if he is hiding in plain sight) Nailed It!! (Especially if taken with that killer 3 Perception Check)


Initiative: 1d20+7 = 26

Action 1) Lion's Roar -- Audible for a 1/2 mile radius (due to the FF)
Action 2) Wild Shot -- Quick draw and shoot
  • Attack Roll: 1d20-1 = 2 ("-1" is net of -6 Wild penalty and +5 bonus with energy pistols, though it should be pretty hard to miss!)
  • Mega Damage: 4d6+4 = 16
Action 3) Paied Weapons Double Claw Attack vs Force Field
  • Attack Roll (right claw): 1d20+9 = 24
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 37
  • Attack Roll (left claw): 1d20+9 = 18
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 48
Action 4) Paied Weapons Double Claw Attack vs Force Field
  • Attack Roll (right claw): 1d20+9 = 15
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 36
  • Attack Roll (left claw): 1d20+9 = 11
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 48
Action 5) Paied Weapons Double Claw Attack vs Force Field
  • Attack Roll (right claw): 1d20+9 = 25
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 32
  • Attack Roll (left claw): 1d20+9 = 26
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 31
Action 6) Paied Weapons Double Claw Attack vs Force Field
  • Attack Roll (right claw): 1d20+9 = 22
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 38
  • Attack Roll (left claw): 1d20+9 = 29
  • Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 32
Actions 7 & 8.) IF the Force Field isn't down, (A) I'll be imressed, (B) Mane will lob a Power Punch the thing.
  • Attack Roll (power punch): 1d20+6 = 18
  • Mega Damage: [dice]2d4x10+2[/dice]=72
  • IF it is down, Mane will get the hell out of the center of the street and seek the high ground. He will get a quick running start and leap up on top of a nearby building. His vertical game is 30 feet! From there he will try to determine the location of his attacker, or at the very least the direction the attack came, making use of Bionic Eye, psychic See the Invisible power, kitty hearing, and battery of psychic senses.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:35 am

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d100 = 56 1d20 = 9
Codename: Ken Rosewood (Blue)

JIC Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 20
JIC Piloting roll; Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 88 (Note: Has Combat Flying 50% penalty reduction)

Karl noted the hopper and paint splashes with some interest. A neat little trick, though not one he'd personally seen used all that much. Paint guns tended to have fairly limited range after all. The collapse beneath him though had him hitting the boosters pretty fast and hard, not having expected that one.

Wooops....

"My bad guys." Karl radioed the team with a slightly sheepish tone. "Also watch out for assholes with paint guns. Good odds on them using them to fuck with sensors and optics. Someone's definitely been using em around here. Likely local gangs." Karl started to pick up a little more altitude as he scanned the area, keying up on a small hit of adrenaline from the earlier unexpected fall. For now he wasn't sure if anything was going to kick off, but, well, shit, it could! The pilot ran a quick scan of his equipment again before starting to zip about at a moderate height above the buildings, trying to present a somewhat harder to hit a target, as well start checking out the nearby area overall for signs of movement and activity.

"Init, JIC actions & Rolls"
Attacks: 10
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19

If anything shows up as hostile, Karl will open fire with his NG Railgun. Otherwise he just keeps eyes and ears open for threats. He'll focus on buzzing about and trying to fire on the hostiles or, failing that at least to try and draw fire away from some of his squad while relying mostly on his quick reflexes (Auto-dodge) to keep him safe.

Action 1: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 2: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 3: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 4: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 5: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 6: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 7: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 8: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 9: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

Action 10: Fire if need be
Damage: [dice]1d4X10[/dice]

JIC Autododge: 1d20+11 = 241d20+11 = 291d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 131d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 18
Last edited by Karl on Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:34 am

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 94

Additional Psi(12+): 1d20 = 14

-These guys are all rushing to get their shit done before this storm really blows in.- As Egan watches the carts and forklifts zipping in and out and tempers flaring up Codex's transmission pulls his thoughts away. -He's what around the other way by the water. The flyboys can keep him covered if anything goes down, but it anything happens my movement is going to be slow with all this activity.- Getting blinded by yet another forklift zipping around the area, the scout steps off to the side away from the main road to let his vision clear. -Damnit, maybe I should hit higher ground. Hell, I could have easily walked right by the fucker already.- Looking up at the roof access next to him is when Drum chimes in on the Comms.
Drummond Leighton wrote:"Blackwood here. No injuries."
-What the hell is..-
Karl wrote:"My bad guys." Karl radioed the team with a slightly sheepish tone. "Also watch out for assholes with paint guns. Good odds on them using them to fuck with sensors and optics. Someone's definitely been using em around here. Likely local gangs."
-..Oh, something must have happened at the nest he was checking out.- Keying up his own radio the scout gives a simple update. "Moving to higher ground, might have better luck there." With the message away, Egan moves up to the roof top to check out what's above before moving back towards where Mane's group is located(from above), watching for other interested parties.

Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 47, PASS] - Using the radio on the teams freq
    [Climb – 105%, 1d100 = 57, PASS] - Climbing up the roof access point
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 27, PASS] - Keeping track of his location and ways to the others
    [Trap & Mine Detection – 75%, 1d100 = 80, FAIL] - Checking the roof access before moving up it
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 22, PASS] - Trying to ID any markings that might look like code or signals for their perp
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 89, FAIL] - Trying to ID any gang marks or locations
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 93, FAIL] - Keeping a look out for his own ass
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 82, FAIL] - Using the suit sensors and listening capabilities
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 54, FAIL] - Switching between optic modes
Combat
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20

APM: 8
Action 1: Radio message - Inspect roof access
Action 2: Move up roof access
Action 3: Check surrounding area
Action 4-8: Continue moving down alley from above, acting like a curious onlooker for what made all that racket.
Last edited by Egan Grey on Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby James Howlett » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 66
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System.
Save vs Psionics (16+): 1d20+3 = 16
Skills:
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 50/59% (ID Psionics in use.)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 22/54% (Unjam radio signal if needed)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 16/104% (Scan Radio for info.)
Cryptography 1d100 = 30/49% (Unscramble Coded radio if necessary.)
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 27/70% (Bolster the Troops.)




Initiative: 1d20+6 = 8
Number of Attacks/Actions: 8

Action One: Notice Mane's predicament. Begin giving orders, while moving towards Mane.
Action Two: Continue/finish giving orders.
Action Three: Scan Radio frequencies for info.
Action Four-Eight: Begin looking for a target.

Contingency:
If a target presents it self.
Action Three: Draw Big Boss "Magnum" Revolver.
Action Four: Fire Big Boss "Magnum" Revolver at the target. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 23; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. (Plus Knockdown)
Action Five: Fire Big Boss "Magnum" Revolver at the target. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 7; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. (Plus Knockdown)
Action Six: Fire Big Boss "Magnum" Revolver at the target. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 22; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. (Plus Knockdown)
Action Seven: Fire Big Boss "Magnum" Revolver at the target. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 2d4 = 2 M.D. (Plus Knockdown)
Action Eight: Reload Big Boss "Magnum" Revolver.

Parries as needed (Unarmed): 1d20+9 = 11, 1d20+9 = 26, 1d20+9 = 23, 1d20+9 = 12, 1d20+9 = 14, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 25.
Dodges if attacked with Ranged Attacks: 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 26, 1d20+11 = 16, 1d20+11 = 23, 1d20+11 = 12.



James stops in his tracks when he notices the force field like effect pop up around Mane. "Preacher is under attack, Flight team, look for a target. Grey find me something. Preacher get out of there, Doug, defensive perimeter." James says in short staccato as he moves to Mane's position. James quickly takes a spin through the local radio traffic, seeing if it's gang members or not, and confirming whether or not the group is being jammed. James' eyes dart too and fro looking for any sign of his quarry hiding in the shadows.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Culter » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:04 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 6 / 1d20 = 2
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 46
Save vs Psionics (10+): 1d20+3 = 16

Skill Checks
Electronic Countermeasures [55%]: 1d100 = 50 (Pick up on external radio chatter, ignoring the flight control tower and looking for radio chatter centered around Mane's location)
Cryptography [60%]: 1d100 = 72 (Decrypt any encrypted radio chatter)
Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 59 (Overwatch and tracking movement, specifically those around Mane. Will also ping aerial movers as well)
Pilot, Robots and PA [69%]: 1d100 = 63
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 97 (Providing overwatch, spot ambush points and/or personnel)
ID Undercover Agent [54%]: 1d100 = 96 (Anyone hiding in plain sight)
Lore, Psionics [40%]: 1d100 = 23 (Identify if the force field holding Mane is psionically fashioned, or some other means, since he has the same ability)

COMBAT
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 23
APM: 7 (Flying: ELITE)
Dodges: 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 23, 1d20+8 = 22

Action 1: Sensor and Radio sweep, direct flight path towards Mane.
Action 2: Answer Radio call, actively begin sweeping for a target or generator.
Action 3: Closing in to Mane's location, activate Alter Aura to remove his psionic signature and drop to 130feet above ground.
Action 4: Activate Sense Electricity (140 feet) to pinpoint a generator capable of creating a Force Field, he will also scan for electronic signature of personal equipment near Mane's location (such as radios, personal force fields, power armors, etc) that may be moving towards him.
Action 5-7: Reserved for Dodge

Post

Circling back around to where Blue narrowly escaped his fall, Culter continues his overwatch and, upon spotting Mane standing still, heads towards his location while attempting intercept radio chatter around Mane's location. If encrypted, it has a higher priority and he will run through decrypting it while moving to circle Mane and Blue's fall location. Culter will also keep track of Codex's transmitted location should he call for backup.

When/If Culter sees Mane go battlecat fury, he will immediately divert his attention to determine how he is stuck or why he isn't moving, where a generator or other foe may be.

Doc wrote:"Preacher is under attack, Flight team, look for a target. Grey find me something. Preacher get out of there, Doug, defensive perimeter.


"Plasma, Acknowledged." Culter responds briefly over the encrypted channel, then will actively search for a source of an attack. He will activate Alter Aura to hide his own psionic nature as he descends from on high, then activate his extremely sensitive Sense Electricity ability to try to pinpoint potential targets using personal radios or powered equipment, while also trying to find a generator near Mane that could be used against him.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:54 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 19 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 1
1d100 = 82

Psionics JIC: 1d20 = 4

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

As Jericho circles overhead in his silent-but-ominous-looking PA, he sees plenty of activity, but little of note. He frowns in frustration - part of him desperately seeking action... even danger.

Codex wrote:"Northern warehouses cleared. I've seen a few bums that were suspicious, but I suspect they are informants more than our target, as Grey suggested. Going to interrogate one. Transmitting location now, in case I need backup. I doubt it though."


"Badger on Overwatch - I will circle over your area." He banks in Codex's direction, hoping to catch a glimpse of their target - if he can even identify such. He maintains an altitude of 150' above street level, and tries to stay over buildings rather than open air, as much as possible, to avoid detection.

Prowl 40% 1d100 = 50 (Glide quietly & out of sight - FAIL)

Spot any possible targets (see perception, above)
Undercover Ops 55% 1d100 = 31 (to spot anyone possibly operating in disguise - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 83 (to identify any potential targets - FAIL)
Recognize Signs and Trademarks of the Demonic: 45% 1d100 = 75 (On the off-chance he sees someone/something extremely disturbing - FAIL)

When Badger hears Mane, he will act quickly, turning toward the sound of the roar and diving to an altitude of 75' to gain speed in that direction until he is in weapons-fire range of any possible targets. If he can get within 1600' of the target he switches to his higher-powered L-20 Pulse Rifle and pulls back up to 100' and begins to circle the target and stay aloft, out of melee range for now. "Badger to team - rendering assistance."

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17

APM: 6

Action 1: Dive/Fly to within target range (2000')/ identify targets (see rolls above)
Action 2: Fire concealed laser; strike 1d20+2 = 9; Damage 2d6 = 11 MDC
Action 3 (if beyond 1600' still) Fire concealed laser; strike 1d20+2 = 10; Damage 2d6 = 6 MDC
Contingent Action 3 (if within 1600'): Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle Burst; strike 1d20+2 = 9; Damage 6d6 = 18 MDC
Action 4 (if beyond 1600' still) Fire strike 1d20+2 = 16; Damage 2d6 = 8 MDC
Contingent Action 4 (if within 1600'): Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle Burst; strike 1d20+2 = 11; Damage 6d6 = 19 MDC
Action 5 (if beyond 1600' still) Fire concealed laser; strike 1d20+2 = 6; Damage 2d6 = 7 MDC
Contingent Action 5 (if within 1600'): Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle Burst; strike 1d20+2 = 11; Damage 6d6 = 29 MDC
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge; 1d20+9 = 27

unused rolls
Dodges if necessary (actions 1 - 5): 1) 1d20+9 = 20; 2) 1d20+9 = 22; 3) 1d20+9 = 27; 4) 1d20+9 = 17; 5) 1d20+9 = 24
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby CS High Command » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:30 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 07:15:15 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    The damage, duration, and range of psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within 1 mile/1.6 km) a ley line.
    Location:
    Map
    Image

Mane's roar is clearly heard by everyone, including Egan. He of course recognizes it. As he climbs for higher ground, he hears a worker say to someone else, "Whatever that is, I hope the defense forces get it. I do NOT want to deal with anything making that noise. I mean, what, a demon or monster?"

Over the comms, Codex comes back, "Doc, what's our situation? And why is our feline friend roaring loud enough to rattle the rafters? At least I hope that was him."

"Preacher is under attack, Flight team, look for a target. Grey find me something. Preacher get out of there, Doug, defensive perimeter." As Howlett approaches he can see Mane getting himself out of the force field. But he hears no radio chatter, no jamming, no other activity at all, aside from the natural reaction of bystanders when they hear a roar like Mane's. He does hear a lot of chatter though. People in all the warehouses are all talking about the roar, wondering where security forces are, are told it just happened, give them time to respond, etc. Some wonder if it was a demon, a monster, or just some asshole with a loudspeaker and a recorded roar.

Howlett also recognizes one thing instantly. With one laser shot and one use of a long range psychic power, their opponent just turned the tables. They are no longer hunting. But all this activity seems counter to how the killer operates. So he's improvising. Which is good for them. Can he turn the tables back on the Sadist, as Mane calls him? Regardless of everything, this guy is a master manipulator who literally has the entire district dancing to his tune.

"Plasma, Acknowledged." Answers Culter as he flies over Mane, scanning for technology that could generate a force field. he of course finds nothing aside from Mane's own gear. As he flies above the buildings, he notices increased activity as people begin to poke their heads out of buildings, looking fearfully at Mane, the flying power armor. A group of workers to the south is all holding industrial cutting equipment, and are escorted by a few guards with basic ion rifles. It's a group of about 20 people, humans or near human d-bees. Two of the guards seem to be leading the group and are keeping them back, while keeping their rifles downrange towards the group.

Madox engages in a few diagnostics and finds himself undamaged, but looking back at where he was, he can see the telltale burn of laser fire on one of the supports - still glowing hot. Like Culter, he sees the group to the south. But that's it. No incoming fire, no jamming, no anything to suggest an attack. Were they being toyed with?

Drum can't see a sniper, or even a good sniper position. In his mind that just confirms it's no amateur. He also recognizes fully it was a diversion. He saw the blast of laser fire, and it came from the south, but that is literally all he knows. As the workers to the south file out, he notices none of them have lasers aside from a few laser torches.

Egan, for his part, aside from the earlier comment, doesn't see any security forces in the air, yet. Which tells him if they are in the area, they have other duties aside from just security. Response time might be measured in minutes, not seconds. Good for them. But he sees that he is not the only one to think to go to the roof for a better look. He sees at least a dozen "tourists" trying to see what was going on. Many of them have hand held radios and reporting back a bunch of negative responses. He can make it to the other side of the building easily. Looking down, he sees a ton of activity. People on ships have stopped loading and are scrambling for weapons, pistols and rifles mostly.

Jericho, circling the area like a silent bird of prey, sees much the same as Egan. In fact he sees Egan. He also sees the group of workers and notes on other streets that groups of workers and security are streaming out to see what is going on (see updated map). Like Howlett, he also realizes just how much their target has changed the hunt. The obvious play is to run, so he's certain that won't happen. Still, he doesn't know the target's playbook. Their information on the target suggests a lot, but gives nothing concrete. Watching the drama unfold below him, it's easy to see why. Subtle psychological plays to unnerve the target, use crowds to his advantage as natural stealth. He searches hard for the only thing he can, the distinctive helmet of a Delphi Juicer. Or a helmet big enough to hide it. He does see a few welders in the group south of the ground team's position, but they are holding metal bars and laser torches, not weapons.

Whether they see the force field or not, everyone sees Mane tearing at the air with his full strength and hitting something. As Mane claws his way out, he can tell the force field is psychic in nature, but that's about as much analysis his fevered mind will allow until he is free. Mane just finishes destroying the force field with his last powerful claw attack, but then he sees another barely a foot out from that. So do Culter, Jackson, Howlett, and Madox. As Mane prepares to shred that one too, he becomes aware of the people to the south, looking fearful, suspicious, and antsy. He also realizes just how loud his roar was for the first time this mission. He is aware nearly everyone within a half mile must have heard him.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:23 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 13 (SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 99

Psionics JIC: 1d20 = 3

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

Failing to spot a target, Badger keys his comm. "Badger on Overwatch, no positive targets in sight. Target must have LOS to Mane - someone on the ground please ID any windows visible from Mane's position. Will investigate. Be advised south of Mane's position is one individual armed with a JA-11. Over."

Jericho will continue to circle overhead at an altitude of 150' above street level, actively looking for a target. If someone on the ground team can use a laser to paint or use their HUD to tag windows with line-of-sight to Mane (particularly any open or ajar windows), Jericho will fly close to investigate using his sensor hand's heat sensor and his multi-optics eye's telescopic and thermal imaging functions. He will also try to look more closely at the worker with the juicer rifle - specifically, does he appear to be operating undercover (see rolls below).

Prowl 40% 1d100 = 13 (Glide quietly & out of sight - SUCCESS)

Spot any possible targets (see perception, above)
Undercover Ops 55% 1d100 = 7 (to spot anyone possibly operating in disguise - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 38 (to identify any potential targets - SUCCESS)
Recognize Signs and Trademarks of the Demonic: 45% 1d100 = 70 (FAIL)

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 35 (Identify any prime sniper positions converging on Mane's position - SUCCESS)
Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 33 (Identify any prime locations to surveil the area Mane is in, note existence of any obvious electronic surveillance systems in the area - SUCCESS)


If Badger is attacked or conclusively identifies the Delphi Juicer, he will radio the team and move to combat range.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21

APM: 6

Action 1: Dive/Fly to within target range (2000'); "CONTACT!"
Action 2: Fire concealed laser; strike 1d20+2 = 13; Damage 2d6 = 6 MDC
Action 3 (if beyond 1600' still) Fire concealed laser; strike 1d20+2 = 14; Damage 2d6 = 7 MDC
Contingent Action 3 (if within 1600'): Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle Burst; strike 1d20+2 = 15; Damage 6d6 = 29 MDC
Action 4 (if beyond 1600' still) Fire strike 1d20+2 = 8; Damage 2d6 = 8 MDC
Contingent Action 4 (if within 1600'): Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle Burst; strike 1d20+2 = 17; Damage 6d6 = 20 MDC
Action 5 (if beyond 1600' still) Fire concealed laser; strike 1d20+2 = 20; Damage 2d6 = 4 MDC
Contingent Action 5 (if within 1600'): Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle Burst; strike 1d20+2 = 15; Damage 6d6 = 24 MDC
Action 6: Reserved for Dodge; 1d20+9 = 11
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:52 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 40 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 29

Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 72 | Locating Sniper's position
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 83 | Locating Sniper's position

Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 9 vs 15

Drum listens to the muted roar (not that he could tell that it could actually be louder) and sees Mane attack something invisible. A quick flick to thermal showed no sign of what Mane was attacking, but then something seems to change and Mane has dealt with something. He definitely was louder.

Doc wrote:"Preacher is under attack, Flight team, look for a target. Grey find me something. Preacher get out of there, Doug, defensive perimeter."


The orders break the stillness for Drum, and he shifts position, moving a dozen yards further south. "Guarding southern flank, Doc", he replies. The laser came from the south, I can't see this guy doing head on assault, so he's going to change position, but he's tricky, this may be a case of 'he nows, I know, he knows.' Better to find some cover and narrow the avenues of attack. He switches to thermal imaging hoping it can defeat whatever concealment technique the Artist is using.

Drum will take a shot if the target presents itself to keep it moving and let the others know where to look, but realizes he probably won't be able to hit the Juicer at range. If the juicer comes at him, hand to hand. he let's the rifle drop on it's sling and extends his vibro-blade from his arm, staying defensive to get a measure of the juicer's speed.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 14
APM: 6
  1. Dodge 1d20+10 = 25 Move into new position.
  2. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 17 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  3. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
  4. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D. nat20! 80 M.D.
  5. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D. nat20! 80 M.D.
  6. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Contingency Dodges (+10): 5d20:
10, 15, 5, 6, 3

Contingency Parry (+12): 5d20:
7, 17, 13, 17, 12
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby James Howlett » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 58
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System, Thermal Vision.
Save vs Psionics: 1d20+3 = 16


Skills Used:
Radio Basic 1d100 = 18/104% (To contact Team.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 90/109% (Use various built in systems to try and find a target.)



Initiative: 1d20+6 = 13
Number of attacks: 8

Action One: Radio Team.
Action Two: Drop a Smoke Grenade.
Action Three: Switch Vision to Thermal, Draw Vibro-Grenade Knife in one of his off-hands.
Action Four - Eight: Look for a Target.

Contingency
If a Target makes itself seen.
Action Four: Fire on target with BB Magnum. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 8; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Five: Fire on target with BB Magnum. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 18; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Six: Fire on target with BB Magnum. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 22; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Seven: Fire on target with BB Magnum. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 15; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Eight: Reload Gun.


Parries as needed: 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 17, 1d20+9 = 10, 1d20+9 = 24, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 20, 1d20+9 = 19, 1d20+9 = 21.
Dodge (Ranged attacks Only): 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 28, 1d20+11 = 12, 1d20+11 = 30, 1d20+11 = 30, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 26.



"Popping smoke, switch to Thermal." James says as he grabs a grenade from his harness, pulling the pin with one of his four arms and dropping it between himself and Mane's new prison. James follows his own advice and switches to thermal vision as his normal vision becomes obscured by the cloaking grey smoke. One of James' off hands pulls one of his Grenade Knives from it's back sheath as he looks about for a target, basing his search on line of sight to Mane versus the general area.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 am

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d100 = 47
Codename: Ken Rosewood (Blue)

JIC Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 16
JIC Piloting roll; Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 36 (Note: Has Combat Flying 50% penalty reduction)

"Correction on that last transmission." Karl states as he starts to push his speed up and starts running lower, keeping roughly 250ft up and circling around Mane's position roughly 100ft out. "Fucker shot out the supports with a laser." he finishes before starting to scan with his sensors and senses. With this many potential strike points from, he decided to perhaps try and work out the angle of attack on the support that had been damaged by laser fire. If he could figure out the angle of attack he could get some rough bearing on the general location of the attacker. He'd bet hard credits that the shooter had already moved, but at least it would give him somewhere to start looking and hopefully find some kind of tracks or trail.

"Skill rolls to try and find assassin"
To try and work out the mathematically possible angles of attack on his previous position:
Math Basic 94% 1d100 = 63
Math Advanced 87% 1d100 = 75

To try and figure out where he might go himself were he the sniper:
Intelligence 64% 1d100 = 23
Streetwise 59% 1d100 = 55
Navigation 57% 1d100 = 7

Trying to use sensors to filter out attacker's location:
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 57


Come on you slippery bastard... where are you? Man we could use dog boys so badly right now...



"Combat Actions"
Attacks: 10
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 5

If Karl manages to spot the target, or, even anyone that -seems- hostile he'll focus in on them. D-bees or magic users are more likely to get him with a happy trigger finger. That said he'll still at least make an attempt to confirm the person is hostile first. Beyond that he'll continue to focus on using his incredible reflexes to try and avoid enemy fire while returning fire with his railgun.

Action 1: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 2: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 3: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 4: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Action 5: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Action 6: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 30

Action 7: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 8: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Action 9: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 30

Action 10: Fire if need be
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

JIC Autododge: 1d20+11 = 221d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 151d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 221d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 291d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 13
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 18

JIC: SvP(12+) - 1d20 = 9

Egan stares over the edge of the building not being able to see where the group is directly, only seeing the street opening at the port. Seeing another one of the people they had interviewed moving with a group up the road below makes the scout try and mentally place them. -Is that the one that likes the animals? Think that one worked on a ship or the docks.- With a sigh Egan makes his way north on top of the building, still keeping an eye out for anything that might be trying to stalk them. -From hunter to hunted. I guess we successfully baited the trap. If he's not already there, he is going to be using the delay caused by his underlings and now the security forces to setup.- "I got nothing but someone we interviewed below me in a group."

Skill Rolls
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 58, PASS] - to keep a low profile as he moves north
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 15, PASS] - To try and figure out where someone would set up to follow the group off that street
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 58, FAIL] - To try and figure out where someone would set up to follow the group off that street
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 9, PASS] - C. Y. A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 82, FAIL] - Using the systems to try and look into the building across the street
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 43, PASS] - Using the systems to try and look into the building across the street
Combat
Int - 1d20+3 = 21
APM: 8

Action 1: take in the sights
Action 2-8: Move north on the roof top keeping a low profile as possible.

Parries if needed: 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 18
Dodges if needed: 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 33, 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 32, 1d20+13 = 21
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Mane » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 45
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 7; 1d100 = 37

JIC Save vs Psi (12 base): 1d20 = 10 (+2 vs Mind Control)

CS High Command wrote:Whether they see the force field or not, everyone sees Mane tearing at the air with his full strength and hitting something. As Mane claws his way out, he can tell the force field is psychic in nature, but that's about as much analysis his fevered mind will allow until he is free. Mane just finishes destroying the force field with his last powerful claw attack, but then he sees another barely a foot out from that. So do Culter, Jackson, Howlett, and Madox. As Mane prepares to shred that one too, he becomes aware of the people to the south, looking fearful, suspicious, and antsy. He also realizes just how loud his roar was for the first time this mission. He is aware nearly everyone within a half mile must have heard him.


As the psionic cage popped out of existance under the barrage of his claws, Mane ever so briefly had a moment of elation and victory. "Free!!" He took a step forward towards his goal of gaining altitude and finding a higher kitty perch. But then his eyes focused and saw the second bubble. He was still trapped. "Fuck!!"

He took a step back as a strange mix of panic and calm washed over his senses... senses that were buzzing the the psychic static of the ley line he was standing in the middle of. It was then he was reminded of the dull headache he felt in the back of his head from the damedable river of mystic energy. Insult to injury. But maybe that was the point. The Sadist was used to hunting dogs. He was a whole different level of mutant animal. Perhaps The Sadist was testing his strength, and not confident enough to attack Mane in the way he did the dogs. If that was the case, then Mane was playing right into his hands by showing him what he could do. The big cat cursed himself for being so gullable.

Just the same, any test requires obsrvation... as does any psychic power. Being psychic himself, Mane knew that. In keeping with his theory that The Sadist was deliberately distracting the team away from where he really was (perhaps with an accomplace?), Mane decided to focus his visual scan to the north, opposite of from where the laser blast came from... "...just as soon as I break out of this coward's bubble!"

With another flurry of his black steel-rending claws, Mane assailed the second bubble prison with no merch. However, this time with less of an sense of cagy desperation. Perhaps with the growing seed of confidence in his belly.

(Assuming Mane claws his way free again) Once free, this time Mane stood tall, proud, and indignant, hoping doing so would reap the anger and ire of his would-be hunter. Hoping the man(?) would slip up somehow.

"I can do this all night. Your powers are weak, you pathetic, feckless, limp dick loser." Mane spoke with a loud bravado, but did not yell; just a mighty projection, betting The Sadist was within earshot.

As he did so, Mane scanned his forward vicinity to the North. While his psychic senses may have been blinded from the ley line, his eyes and ears worked perfectly fine.

Combat & Sensory Rolls
APM=8 (with melee and e-pistols)

Action 1: Step up and assess the situation.

Action 2: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 24
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 34
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 24
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 31

Action 3: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 24
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 27
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 26
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 38

Action 4: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 16
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 34
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 29
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 37

Action 5: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 29
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 28
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 18
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 27

Action 6: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 18
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 32
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 23
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 32

Action 7: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 20
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 26
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 25
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 30

Action 8: Claw Attack, Paired Weapons
  • Attack Roll - Right Claw: 1d20+9 = 18
  • Mega Damage - Right Claw: 9d6+2 = 30
  • Attack Roll- Left 1d20+9 = 13
  • Mega Damage Left Claw: 9d6+2 = 32

Contingency Actions
If Mane manages to break free with actions to spare, he will use it/them to try to observe his forward area making use of his bionic eye in telescopic mode, his See the Invisible psi ability, and amazing kitty hearing... speaking of which...

Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 64
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 68
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 88
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Culter » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:40 am

JiC: 1d100 = 17 / 1d20 = 3
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 92
Save vs Psionic [10+]: 1d20+3 = 10

Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 6 (Likely spot an ambush would take place, such as windows or other indented hiding spots)
ID Undercover Agent [54%]: 1d100 = 76 (Likely target)
Lore, Psionics and Psychics [40%]: 1d100 = 12 (How a Delphi Juicer would think in terms of maximizing their psionics to their advantage; aiding in finding ambush spots or likely targets)
Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 66 (Keeping track of allies, unknowns; cycling sensor systems)

Culter resolves to maintain a higher altitude to be able to provide a more solid over watch until their target has been identified and calls over the secured net. "Plasma here. Onlookers from multiple windows on the streets. Also note, got a large contingent of 20 traveling towards Preacher's position; mostly industrial workers though several armed personnel with ion weapons. Their weapons are up and downrange; possibly in response to the loud commotion. No positive ID on HVT; no electrical source was being used. Our prey might be trying for a spectacle." Culter finishes, adding to Jericho's report, scowling while mentally noting each team members position. He may be trying to flip the population, increase civilian casualties or even turn the population against our presence. Smart mouse.

Culter will switch to Thermals, though will cycle through his sights and maintain his sensor sweeps while trying to ID a positive target to engage. Until he finds a target, Culter will maintain an altitude between 110-135 feet and will keep an active use of his electrical sense pinging.

Actions
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10
APM: 7 (Flying: ELITE)
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 27 | 1d20+8 = 23 | 1d20+8 = 19 | 1d20+8 = 10 | 1d20+8 = 25 | 1d20+8 = 22 | 1d20+8 = 20

A1-7: Use Radio, Sensors and maintain sensors. Dodge as applicable.

Main Combat Contingency
Should Culter either identify the HVT, or any member of the group come under fire from an identifiable location, Culter will immediately radio the location of the target/enemy and then move to engage. He will engage with the Ion Rifle to limit collateral damage, initially, while maintaining an altitude between 100-130 feet.

Assuming Actions 1-3 are initial use of radio and sensor systems
A4: Use Radio to call out target location, maneuver to position to fire Blue Hawk's Ion Rifle. Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 | DMG: 5d6 = 17 M.D.C.
A5: Fire Blue Hawk's Ion Rifle. Strike: 1d20+9 = 18 | DMG: 5d6 = 20 M.D.C.
A6: Fire Blue Hawk's Ion Rifle. Strike: 1d20+9 = 19 | DMG: 5d6 = 11 M.D.C.
A7: Fire Blue Hawk's Ion Rifle. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 | DMG: 5d6 = 13 M.D.C.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby CS High Command » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:54 am

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 07:15:30 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    The damage, duration, and range of psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within 1 mile/1.6 km) a ley line.
    Location:
    Map
    Image


Egan looks down at the group and begins edging north. As he looks down, there are several places he can drop down to and walk out from behind something to address them. He could also use his suit's loudspeaker and audio pickup to have a conversation with them, if he wanted to. As he looks to the building to the north, he sees the kind of activity he would expect when folks hear an unknown roar. When he is ready, he makes the leap across or down, possibly with jetpack assistance.

Jackson looks hard and close and cannot see the signs where anyone still has the group covered. The people with the weapons able to do that kind of precision are literally sweeping their entire areas for the threat. Most seem to be looking high, as if for some huge monster. Which admittedly, is exactly how Mane sounded. He does note there are at least five buildings with line of sight to the platform and Mane, but all of those windows are empty of anyone suspicious. One thing does occur to him. He likely did not expect the roar. It draws attention and that is directly counter to how the killer works. He uses subterfuge and misdirection. Could he be evading them?

Culter is able to find three windows and two roof top access points that could be used as observation points. But something occurs to him. Telekinetic Force Fields, as that is the only kind of Force Field that acts like the one they saw, is not necessarily a short range power. Further, there are multiple psionic powers that could allow remote observation, ones that still allow the psychic to use his powers at range. There is an omni-sight ability he's aware of that could allow someone to do the kind of observation needed. The laser shoots that theory down, unless he has help. That's not his style either. He hovers down in front of a few windows near the crowd and inside sees machinery still going. nothing out of the ordinary. For each of the guys below, there are dozens more inside trying to focus on their jobs. He has to be eyes on the scene, its the villain's nature, but how?

As they move to approach Mane, Howlett and Drummond, a grenade drops and everyone in the group of workers dives for cover. The workers all retreat as the four security forces lower their weapons to the ready position and start to motion the workers back. The smoke billowing blocks line of sight. Right about that moment, the smoke begins to approach Mane rapidly as the force field drops. Anyone not using thermal imaging cannot see into the cloud. One of the guards call in. "Port Security is on the way. This doesn't need to end badly! Why don't you tell us what's going on? We just want to talk! We will fire, but no one needs that. Are you in distress?" The lead guard talks as his fellows shoo back the workers they are protecting. Everyone can hear Mane's taunting, and the workers all seem to be confused by it.

Madox begins calculating angles and comes to the conclusion it has to be one of three windows. And then he sees Culter check them all. He watches the crowd of look-i-loos approach and then scatter as Doc drops the grenade. Good instincts is all he can think. The four security folk don't scramble, but rather join ranks and start treating their three land based allies as 'the' threat. But for now they seem content to talk, not fire.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby James Howlett » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 20
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System, Thermal Vision.
Save versus Psionics: 1d20+3 = 19


Skills:
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 19/65% (70% vs Armed Forces Personnel)

James looks towards the guards, his visions washes of reds and oranges on a sea of blue and white. "Mercenary investigation into a serial killer." James says out loud in an authoritative voice. "My trooper here was just caught in some manner of psychic trap, now unless you're going to help find the sadistic son of a bitch who fancies himself a surgeon, please go about your business." James says with a bit of hate added to his voice, as the whole situation has him frustrated.

"Can someone give me anything?" James asks over the radio. "Local security is becoming involved, and likely will ruin our hunt if we don't act soon." James goes further.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Culter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 am

JiC: 1d100 = 9 / 1d20 = 1
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 68
Save vs Psionic [10+]: 1d20+3 = 5

Pilot, PA [69%]: 1d100 = 33
Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 12
Electronic Countermeasure [55%]: 1d100 = 29 (Ensure no one cracks his radio transmission)
Intelligence [44%]: 1d100 = 30 (Where or where would someone using Omni-sight hide)
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 11

TK Force field, ranged. Only requires sight; and such a juicer could have other means of seeing without being present. Omni-sight; that has a pretty far radius but still requires they be within five hundred feet. That with TK Force Field could allow our target to do many things from a relatively safe position. But where? The laser fire doesn't add up either; a turret maybe, or a third party? Culter ponders while scanning the areas of interest that stick out.

Doc wrote:"Can someone give me anything?"


Culter half-cocks his head in resignation. Damn, not as much to go one, but anything is better than nothing. He thinks as he triggers his radio. "Plasma here; I've noted a couple key things. The HVT would likely have advanced sensory abilities that allow him to view different locations while still allowing them to use their other abilities. It has a limited radius of approximately five hundred feet; and the field which contained Preacher was most certainly psionic in nature. Using that, they must be within five hundred feet of Preacher, however they can easily be deep within a building and still use their abilities with such extended sensory abilities. While using such sensory abilities, the HVT would be rendered immobile and though aware, unable to act or even speak. That should limit our targets to anyone exceedingly motionless, but means we may need to check buildings." Culter relays regarding the psionic powers he believes he has seen in use before adding. "However, the laser fire suggests either the HVT has allies, which is unlikely. An automated system, or isn't using such sensory abilities at all." Culter finishes as he turns his attention to the guards briefly.

"I recommend incorporating the locals to support us, since they seem willing to talk; before our HVT tries turning them against us." Culter adds.

He will continue sweeping the area scanning specific points of interest, this time redirecting to side windows and indents not directly overlooking the crew or streets but on side streets or even back alleys. He'll maintain thermal optics to try to see through thin walls to see if he can spot any motionless humanoid heat signatures and mark their locations to relay to the team.

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 22
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 17 | 1d20+8 = 14 | 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 26 | 1d20+8 = 24 | 1d20+8 = 19

A1-7: Radio, Scanning, and reserved for dodge.

Should Culter come under fire, he will gain altitude and attempt to vanish in the snow storm. He will attempt to determine where or how he is coming under fire.
Camouflage [25%]: 1d100 = 95
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Mane » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 54
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 16

JIC Save vs Psi (12 base): 1d20 = 2 (+2 vs Mind Control)

Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 53
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 28
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 71

As the smoke started to obscure his vision and make his one good eye start to water, Mane switched back to his bionic eye's thermographic setting. At the very lest that was working... somewhat. With the blizzard quickly on its way, Mane wondered how long he'd have even that. Normally the big cat could rely on his extensive battery of senses to see him through, but nothing he tried seemed to yield anything useful. Not even training and simple perception.

The Sadist was flummoxing him with his change in strategy. No longer was the killer being brazen and hands-on, but complex and distant. Something wasn't adding up, and he wondered what the new math was here. He needed a clearer picture. He needed a perfect picture of what was going on.

"Guys..." Mane begain, speaking on the team channel using his sub-vocal microphone. "... I'm going to try something. Watch my back if I space out too bad."

With that said, Mane stood in the middle of the street, ignoring the riled up locals, and instead begain to visually scan his surroundings slowily turing around in a complete 360-degree circle. His bionic eye took in as much as it could, while his feline eye looked on unblinkingly with its natural ability to peer into the darkness and 220-degree field of vision, augmented by the psychic power to see the invisible. When he was finished with his panoramic visual scan, the mutant animal closed his eyes and called up a different psychic power. That of Total Recall.

Within his mind's eye he focused on bringing up every subtel and nuanced detail he just took in with his complete optical download of everything within his line of sight. Mane firmly beleived that The Sadist had to have some sort of line of sight on him personally, despite what Cutler said over the radio a moment before; in theory, it shoud be a two-way street. No minutia escaped his notice as he reflected inwardly about what visually took in.

With all his might he concentrated on what his psychic power reveiled. Some clue or tell HAD to be in there somewhere! Everything else was secondary at best to his concerns.

Actions
APM = 7 since he is neither using pistols nor melee attacks this round.

Action 1) Scanning his forward flank to the North, paning clockwise.

Action 2) Scanning his right flank to the East, continuing clockwise pan.

Action 3) Scanning his rear flank to the South, continuing clockwise pan.

Action 4) Scaning his left flank to the West, continuing clockwise pan, ending front and North again.

Action 5) Activating psychic power of Total Recall and beginning analysis.

Action 6) Analyzing data.

Action 7) Analyzing data.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 96
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 99

SvP(12+): 1d20 = 1

Seeing nothing really standing out in any of the buildings or streets that he can see from his vantage makes the scout sigh. -What the actual fuck to do here...- Moving over to the edge again, he looks down to the group below and if they're still close enough he yells down at them aided by the suits speaker. "Yo, what the hell is going on and is someone taking care of whatever that was?" While waiting for a reply, the scout goes back to scanning the area for anything of danger to himself or the group.
Skill rolls
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 82, PASS] - Checking the rooftop for recent activity
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 91, FAIL] - Looking at the ships in port trying to gather if any are starting to prep for leaving
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 70, FAIL] - Trying to verify if anyone below is a member of a crew
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 31, PASS] - C. Y. A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 67, FAIL] - Using the suits built in sensors to track those around him
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 12, PASS] - Using the optics to zoom in on various ships / people in the port
Combat
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 5
APM: 8

Action 1 - Look down for the group below and yell at them.
Actions 2-8 - Wait for a reply and scan the area

Parries JIC: 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 22, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 33
Dodges JIC: 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 24, 1d20+13 = 26, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 17
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:24 pm

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d100 = 68 1d20 = 8
Codename: Ken Rosewood (Blue)

JIC Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 16
JIC Piloting roll; Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 48 (Note: Has Combat Flying 50% penalty reduction

"He was firing from the windows earlier. I doubt it's an automated system. He's likely doing it on the run. Remember, he's a juicer. Those fuckers are fast as hell." Karl advises over the radio as the others chime in. "He's probably mixing it up a bit though. Don't expect him to sit still either. Mobility is his biggest advantage here, same with blending in with all the people." Karl then tried to think of just what -he- would do if he were some sort of souped up psychic juicer. The problem of course was, not only was he not one, but he also didn't really have the same training. He might be special operations, but he was a techie. He didn't focus his skills into the kind of scenario that this called for, but he was also pretty damned intelligent. So, Karl set about trying to outwit their opponent as best he could. He set himself to trying to check out firing and view points about the team. He decided to just assume the Juicer could see and know where they were at all times, since he didn't really know what powers the man had, nor what their limitations were. The man also clearly knew to take advantage of structural weaknesses and was a good sniper, so Karl would try take that all into account as well. "He'll want to stick to places he can keep a good view point, so try to think like a sniper or assassin." Maybe Egan will think of something I'm not. This is his kind of thing after all...

"Skills used"
Karl does his best to try to think of what he knows about sneaking around, navigating on the ground and military tactics to try and figure out where he might try to set up for ambush points:
Land Navigation 69% 1d100 = 15
Prowl 72% 1d100 = 65
Military Etiquette: 42% 1d100 = 82

Karl tries to think of what kind of countermeasures he might use against a team like theirs:
Electronic Countermeasures 72% 1d100 = 43

Karl tries to think of where he might try to set himself up if he was wanting to survey the team without being seen:
Intelligence 64% 1d100 = 100

Karl tries to factor in places one could climb up to or jump to fairly quickly:
Climbing 88% 1d100 = 87

Karl will also try to use his sensors or knowledge of sensors to try to figure out how he might be able to isolate the Jucier from the rest of the growing crowd:
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 78
Weapon Systems 77% 1d100 = 77
Computer Operation 62% 1d100 = 54


While he does all that, Karl mostly does his best to keep a look out and starts flying relatively low (around 200ft) in circles about Mane, occasionally zing-zagging a bit to try and avoid being too predictable in his motions since he knew the Juicer was a sniper. And if it were me, I'd start taking pot shots at the damned engines, wings and everything else to try and get my ass to crash.... in all this, Karl will try to avoid going further than about 800ft away from Mane's position, unless he gets a lead or some idea of a spot to check out. He'll also vary his speed from slow to cruising and even to full on zipping about to help randomize his movements and make them a little more unpredictable. In the event Karl spots the target, he'll open fire.

"Actions"
Attacks: 10
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23

Action 1: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 10
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 2: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 23
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Action 3: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 20
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 4: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 18
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 5: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 28
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 6: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 9
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 7: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 14
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 8: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 18
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 9: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 19
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 10: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 22
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

JIC Autododge: 1d20+11 = 251d20+11 = 211d20+11 = 241d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 271d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 261d20+11 = 191d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 12
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 59 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 6

Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 77 | Locating Sniper's position
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 24 | Locating Sniper's position

Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 16 vs 15


Drum listens to Mane's diatribe, and his teams comments on the comms. The cyborg stays on his task, he shifts position as Doc and Mane shift position, but otherwise continues to guard the southern flank. Rifle at the ready. When the smoke bomb goes off, the sound makes him dodge and swing around to look at the blooming cloud of smoke, his thermal-imaging quickly gauging that for the next few seconds Mane and Doc are not under direct attack. He swings back around to cover the flank. What's this guys plan? You'd use smoke to hide your movements, or cause panic.

If any of the workers start moving towards them, he waves them back and says, "Stay back, get inside and keep your heads down." Knowing that the juicer can probably move much faster than what can be expected, he checks out the workers in his line of sight for any that are acting unafraid of what's going on.


Initiative: 1d20+1 = 6
APM: 6
  1. Dodge 1d20+10 = 25 Move into new position.
  2. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 6 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  3. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 6 Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 M.D.
  4. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 15 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.
  5. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 11 Damage: 1d4*10 = 40 M.D.
  6. Observe Surroundings/Fire NG-P7 if target presents itself. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22 Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.

Contingency Dodges (+10): 5d20:
7, 5, 14, 8, 20

Contingency Parry (+12): 5d20:
12, 17, 6, 13, 7
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:24 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 7 (SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
1d100 = 88

Psionics JIC: 1d20 = 4

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

Jericho continues to circle overhead, maintaining altitude, and watching for the suspicious worker carrying the JA-11 juicer assault rifle. He is determined to keep an eye on that individual until a positive target has been acquired. No reason on earth a worker would be carrying around a juicer laser rifle... and the fact we're looking for a juicer with a laser rifle is awful coincidental.

Howlett wrote:"Can someone give me anything?"


"Still have eyes on a worker with a juicer rifle to your south. If I see anything new I'll report."

Prowl 40% 1d100 = 98 (Glide quietly & out of sight - FAIL)

Spot any possible targets (see perception, above)
Undercover Ops 55% 1d100 = 14 (to spot anyone possibly operating in disguise - SUCCESS)
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 3 (to identify any potential targets - CRIT. SUCCESS!)
Recognize Signs and Trademarks of the Demonic: 45% 1d100 = 49 (FAIL)

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 58 (Identify exit routes from sniper positions previously identified - FAIL)
Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 56 (Did worker with JA-11 emerge from one of these routes? - FAIL)
Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 17 (Extrapolate travel likely travel directions from potential exit routes that keep the HVT in range of Mane - SUCCESS)
Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 2 (Is worker with JA-11 following one of these routes? - i.e., is he staying within range of Mane? - CRIT. SUCCESS!)
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 07:15:45 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    The damage, duration, and range of psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within 1 mile/1.6 km) a ley line.
    Location:
    Map
    Image


As Madox does circles, he notes something. An enemy who knew the terrain and buildings could literally melt away in this place, probably heading north or south to side streets and simply escape in any confusion. There are simply too many exit paths to watch. Likely the place was chosen for that reason.

At the pronouncement of Howlett, all of the guards do a double take. Their leader looks at them and the three of them look visibly shaken. He orders the others to go secure all the exits to the factory. They scurry to do just that, but he turns back to watch the group, in particular Mane. He mostly seems confused by the cat's actions. As the rest leave, including the horde of workers, Jackson notices something as he zooms in on the group. The guard doesn't seem freaked out. He isn't acting out of the ordinary, in fact he falls into a type of protective stance of the group, and yet he seems off. Likewise Drummond and Mane both notice this. Mane, in particular, notices a certain look that seems familiar. It takes him a few seconds before he realizes: this guy is expecting death and destruction. Perhaps his, perhaps not. But he knows Death is here. It's a look he knows intimately.

As Jackson checks on the guy with the JA-11, in no way is he doing anything suspicious for the actions a person would use to secure their position. He isn't focused their direction, nor is he pointing the rifle anywhere. The guy with the laser rifle uses it to sweep the rooftops and he talks into a radio, but he is not doing anything Jericho thinks is out of the ordinary. So he looks back to the guy near Mane, Howlett, and Drummond. Dressed in Plastic Man Body armor, and armed with an ion rifle. No Juicer harness. No Delphi helmet. Just a normal looking guy. No sign of demonic possession either, from what he can tell. But something is off. He seems to be sticking close.

Culter, for his part, tries focusing on ways someone could use a sensory power to spy on the area and realizes he simply cannot even begin to cover all the places that could be used. As he thinks about it, he goes back to his central supposition (JIC used). What if he could do both. How? Then it hits him. Possession. That would allow the killer to watch, even make the shot, and never expose himself.

As the crew is looking about, the guard asks Howlett, "What does this guy look like?"

As Mane, Drummond, and Howlett stand around with the guard nearby, with the three power armor overhead, Egan makes contact with the guys below him. They look up and one of the guys recognizes their mercenary symbol. "Oh its you guys. Hell if we know. Port Security is scrambling some patrol hovercraft to the area and they have mounted rail guns. If anything big is out there, its going to regret it. Listen in on" he gives a frequency ", and they'll give announcements. You guys find who you're looking for?"
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Mane » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Perception (52% base, 90% IFF Room Scan): 1d100 = 81
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 10; 1d100 = 53

JIC Save vs Psi (12 base): 1d20 = 17 (+2 vs Mind Control)

CS High Command wrote:... They scurry to do just that, but he turns back to watch the group, in particular Mane. He mostly seems confused by the cat's actions. ... The guard doesn't seem freaked out. He isn't acting out of the ordinary, in fact he falls into a type of protective stance of the group, and yet he seems off. ... Mane, in particular, notices a certain look that seems familiar. It takes him a few seconds before he realizes: this guy is expecting death and destruction. Perhaps his, perhaps not. But he knows Death is here. It's a look he knows intimately.

".... You guys find who you're looking for?"


Mane regarded the guy and turned his head slightly like a confused dog. "That's the guy?" He questioned out loud, audibly enough for Howlett and Drumm to hear. The pieces didn't add up and it was strange as hell, but if nothing else he knew that look!

Mane took a step forward towards the guard with the look of death in his eye. The guard who should be fearful, who should be more apprehensive, who should be many things, but not this. After another step he looked at his boss Howlett and asked again, "THAT'S the guy??"

The once-crazed battle cat and proud hunter prided himself on his keen senses and perception, and trusted them with his life. And if his gut was telling him that this innocous looking guard was indeed The Sadist, then he was indeed The Sadist!

He then turned his head to Drumm and proclaimed it for all to hear. "THAT'S THE GUY!!"

Like a cross between a bolt of greesed lighting and a runaway freight train, Mane reacted and barreled towards The Sadist. Sprinting at full tilt, the beastly lion covered the distance between the him and the otherwise innocent-looking guard in narry a second. While certain on one level, a lingering doubt still occupied his mind, so Mane did not go at him with claws out. At the end of his line, the hulking cat lept through the air and went for a hard tackle. Once he had him down, one way or another, he raked the ion rifle from his hand and held the guard form questioning.

"Guys! This is the guy! ... I think...

Sensory Rolls & Melee Actions!!
Kitty Hearing Abilities:
* Discriminate between two sounds (75% base): 1d100 = 76
* Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 88
* Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 29

Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 67 [/color]
Sense Supernatural Beings (72%; includes Possesed Individuals): 1d100 = 100
NOTE to GM: Is it possible that close/touch proximity is enough to cut trough the static from the Ley Line?
** Edit -- NOTE to DIE ROLLER: Fuck you. Fuck you very much.

APM=8 with melee combat and pistols

Action 1 & 2) Not run, but "sprint" at the possessed guard (too bad Mane doesn't know that detail), doubling SPD attribute to 76, endin his line in a solid Body Block/Tackle!!
* Tackle Roll: 1d20 = 3 (unsure if my +2 to PP Strike applies)
* Will used "restrained" strength for any applicable damage, but the intend it to subdue more than to cause harm.
* Knockdown on 70% or less (plus a possible vague bonus form SN Str): 1d100 = 18

Action 3) Disarm the Ion Rifle from the guard's clutches
* Disarm Roll: 1d20+2 = 22
** IF the Initial tackel fails, Main will spin and Backward Sweep the leg to get him down.
** Sweep Roll: 1d20 = 18 (with +2 from PP Strike bonus?)

Action 5+) If Mane needed the Sweep, he will Disarm at this time.
* Disarm Roll: 1d20+2 = 5
** If the subject is disarmed and down, Mane will focus on subduing and restrining the guard and will use all remaining actions to that end. (Let me know if additonal rolls need to be added).


GM-PERMITTED EDIT

Mane threw himself through the air, intent on getting hands-on with the unassumuing culprit. But instead of toching flesh or clothing, the big cat's nose violently crumpled against an unseen psychic force field with a disconcerting and painful *CRACK*!!

It was then he overheard the radio chatter from the rest of the team, filling him on some significant notions.

Jericho Jackson wrote:"Badger to team. Be advised.... Depending on his personal abilities, this spoonbender we're hunting doesn't even have to have LOS to target. He could be puppeteering the locals."


Culter wrote:"Doc, Plasma. It just occurred to me, based on what we've seen so far, I'm thinking that our target may be using his abilities to psionically mentally possess another. ..."


"... now they tell me ...

Quickly, Mane picked himself off the snow-covered concrete and went to work on the force field... not that it mattered if the guard was just a psi-puppet for The Sadist. Knowing that their foe was capable of creating amazingly strong psychic barriers, he held nothing back and pummeled the force field with a series of poweful blows.

As he pounded away, something occured to Mane. If The Sadist was hiding behind mentally dominated proxies, and if the psycho killer of mutants had his visible tells telegraphed through their expressions and body language, then it should be possible to pick out his next puppet when he released this one... assuming that The Sadist wasn't just going to play this out with a little drama for the onlookers when his force field was finally crushed once more.

His mind fell back to his training, which ran adjacent to situations such as this. Months prior, his Advanced Training in CQB taught him how to pick up on the body language and tells of a monster that is Metamorphed or Shape-Changed. In theory, a person that is mentally possessed by another should likewise have simular, if not not identicle indicators!

Alternate Rolls & Actions
Action 1) Spint and Tackle (as before)

Action 2) Crunch and recovery from hitting the TK Wall

Action 3) Listen & Think

Action 4 & 5) Power Punch vs FF
* Attack Roll: 1d20+6 = 26
* Mega Damage: (2d4*10)+2 = 32
* Natural 20! Double Damage!! 64 MD

Action 6 & 7) Power Punch vs FF
* Attack Roll: 1d20+6 = 8
* Mega Damage (2d4*10)+2 = 32

Action 8 ) Claw Attack vs FF
* Attack Roll: 1d20+9 = 29
* Mega Damage 9d6+2 = 33
* Natural 20! Double Damage!! 66MD

Supplemental Friend or Foe Perception Check vs Metamorphed/Shape-Changed Monsters (on the theory they have the same tells as a Mentally Possessed person): 1d100 = 62 (vs 62%)
Last edited by Mane on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Karl » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:26 am

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d100 = 84 1d20 = 7
Codename: Ken Rosewood (Blue)

JIC Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 7
JIC Piloting roll; Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 45 (Note: Has Combat Flying 50% penalty reduction)

Karl considers what Mane says, along with the information he was getting from the rest of the team and what he'd worked out himself. He swings about to keep a low level flight, zipping over roof tops just a few feet higher than usual. Karl's focus turns more on the man that Mane calls out as a possible suspect. Soon he's trying to keep an eye on where the man could potentially go if Mane was right. Karl couldn't help but think that if they had it wrong, they were now playing heavily into the assassin's hands.... "Guys he could vanish in an instant around here..." he cautions over the radio while he takes a deep breath to calm himself as he continues to circle, ready to open fire if need be, but otherwise he just tried to continue to be a solid lookout. I'm not sure if I want that guy to be him or not right now...


"JIC attacks"
Attacks: 10
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 15

Action 1: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 17
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 2: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 23
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 3: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 10
Damage: 1d4*10 = 40

Action 4: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 27
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 5: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 16
Damage: 1d4*10 = 30

Action 6: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 28
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Action 7: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 18
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 8: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 25
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

Action 9: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 19
Damage: 1d4*10 = 10

Action 10: Fire if need be 1d20+8 = 11
Damage: 1d4*10 = 20

JIC Autododge: 1d20+11 = 311d20+11 = 281d20+11 = 161d20+11 = 231d20+11 = 301d20+11 = 291d20+11 = 201d20+11 = 291d20+11 = 131d20+11 = 241d20+11 = 17
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 17
1d100 = 12

Psionics JIC: 1d20 = 18

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

Karl wrote:"Guys he could vanish in an instant around here..."


Jericho frowns, knowing this to be true. That's even assuming we ever had eyes on him in the first place. He's a frakking spoonbender he could maybe even... Jericho's eyes narrow.

No...

He keys open his radio. "Badger to team. Be advised.... Depending on his personal abilities, this spoonbender we're hunting doesn't even have to have LOS to target. He could be puppeteering the locals."

Plagued by doubt, he refrains from adding Just a thought to the end of his message.

This is gonna change how we search. LOS isn't necessary, security is. Range is still an issue, but I don't know what his max range is. Still... it's gotta be close, right?

"We may need to fan out, search buildings. He might be in a defensible interior location with no LOS. I'm getting no targets on Overwatch."
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Drummond Leighton » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 11 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 59

Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 25 | Locating Sniper's position
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 51 | Locating Sniper's position

Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 11 vs 15

That guy has some brass balls, those other three jumped like jack rabbits to get out of here, Drum muses.

Mane wrote:He then turned his head to Drum and proclaimed it for all to hear. "THAT'S THE GUY!!"


Internally, Drum isn't sure that the guard is the guy, but he'd been out in the 'bones. He'd seen a little girl just walk up to the squad and then suddenly she turned into a demon. He wasn't ready to shoot, but he wasn't going to just stand there.

He puts his weapon into ready position and sights on the lead guard. He moves fast crossing the distance in a few seconds. "Drop your weapon! Put your hands over your head, and get on your knees!" If the guard complies, he maneuvers to behind him, if he doesn't, well, Drum is a borg. He puts the man down.


Initiative: 1d20+1 = 14
APM: 6
  1. Listen
  2. Move and Bark orders to the guard
  3. Disarm 1d20+7 = 12
  4. Trip Kick to knock guard down (No Damage), Strike 1d20+7 = 20
  5. Repeat if necessary: Disarm 1d20+7 = 27
  6. Repeat if necessary: Trip Kick to knock guard down (No Damage), Strike 1d20+7 = 14

Contingency Dodges (+10): 6d20:
4, 14, 7, 5, 4, 20

Contingency Parry (+12): 6d20:
12, 8, 17, 10, 7, 3
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Culter » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:11 pm

JiC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 44
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 40
Save vs Psionic [10+]: 1d20+3 = 16

Electronic Countermeasures [55%]: 1d100 = 4 (Prevent interference on team communications)
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 13 (Watch for suspicious activities targeting himself or his allies)
Lore, Psionics and Psychics [40%]: 1d100 = 15 (Capabilities, weaknesses of Psionic Possession and if Neuro-Strike would stun the psionic doing the possession and/or the victim)
Pilot, PA [69%]: 1d100 = 56 (Proper Piloting)

What is this guy up too. He couldn't use such powers in combination, not without exposure. This type wouldn't blatantly expose themselves. Not unless... they didn't expose themselves, but exposed someone else... no. Possible? Culter tries to rapidly sort through his thoughts as Mane shouts out

Preacher wrote:"THAT'S THE GUY!!"


Culter glances towards the noise and his brows furrow slightly as he shakes his head. Possession! Allows full range of powers, no exposure of true self. Depending on how powerful this one is, we could take out an innocent and turn everyone against us in an instant! Culter scowls as he slowly starts piecing together the game this mad psychic is playing.

"Doc, Plasma. It just occurred to me, based on what we've seen so far, I'm thinking that our target may be using his abilities to psionically mentally possess another. It's the only way it makes sense. Use an innocent as a scapegoat while protecting his own body from harm. Also allows freedom of movement from obvious physical appearances such as the Delphi helmets. Recommend we don't use lethal force until we know for a fact we've found our target and try to subdue them instead."

After a brief pause, he will add. "Plasma, moving into position above, ready. I can run a brain scan on this one to determine possession, just to be safe, if he cooperates, though he has a shield of some sort. I have an idea, barring Brain Scan."


Combat
APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 14
Dodges: 1d20+8 = 24 | 1d20+8 = 24 | 1d20+8 = 10 | 1d20+8 = 19 | 1d20+8 = 17 | 1d20+8 = 17 | 1d20+8 = 13

A1: Mentally ponder and Radio communicate.
A2: Fly into position roughly 100ft above the main group with Mane and Doc
A3-7: Reserved for contingencies and/or dodges

Primary Contingency:
Should individual attack or run, Culter will swoop down within 15 feet of the individual and Neuro-Strike them, doing a Brian Overload. (-25 ISP) in the hopes the mental shock will stun the possessing mind. The mind of the possessed individual is checked out and should be unaffected. Then take them to the ground in a body-block and due to being in a force field, lash out with another Neuro-strike.

A3: Swoop and Neuro-Strike Brian Overload (-25ISP)
A4: Body Block/Ram to the ground and Pin. Strike: 1d20+5 = 24 | DMG: 1d4+8 = 10 | 1d100 = 48/60% to knock prone.
A5: Neuro-Strike Brian Overload (-25ISP)
A6-7: Dodges

Culter will reveal the results of his Brain Scan during Actions 6-7 as applicable.

Other Contingencies
Should individual cooperate and Doc not shoot down his idea, Culter will fly down and do a Brain Scan, and reveal the results on the team's private radio frequency.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 63

SvP(12+) - 1d20 = 11

CS High Command wrote:"Oh its you guys. Hell if we know. Port Security is scrambling some patrol hovercraft to the area and they have mounted rail guns. If anything big is out there, its going to regret it. Listen in on" he gives a frequency ", and they'll give announcements. You guys find who you're looking for?"
Keying in the frequency, Egan verifies the channel on a listen only line while responding to the question. "No. We're not any closer than we were at the beginning. Hopefully something comes up soon." If the channel is good the scout waits for the current cross reporting to end before hopping on freq. "Port Authority has some hovercraft coming into the area to help with the problem. Heavy weapons and a spook that can force an incident is a bad combination. It's not his style, but he might be really worried. Port Freq for updates is *******" Looking back down to the group below him, Egan once again switches over to the suits speaker. "Thanks for the info. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon. Stay safe." -Possession. Well shit.- With a wave to those below, Egan steps back from the edge and re-assess the buildings around him.

Skill rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 30, PASS] - To add the freq given,
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 52, PASS] - Trying to disappear from current view
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 12, PASS] - To try and remember which buildings where abandoned and which were housing units
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 20, PASS] - To try and remember which buildings where abandoned and which were housing units
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] - C. Y. A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 94, FAIL] - Tracking people with the suit
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 40, PASS] - Switching between modes as he looks into the building below him.
Combat
APM - 8
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 20

Action 1 - input and verify freq, respond
Action 2 - Radio report
Action 3 - Thank and think
Action 4-8 - check out the building he is currently on top of. Looking to places high up that most people wouldn't get to

Parries if needed: 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 28
Dodges if needed: 1d20+13 = 31, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 27, 1d20+13 = 20, 1d20+13 = 21, 1d20+13 = 30, 1d20+13 = 18, 1d20+13 = 28
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby James Howlett » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/75%
Just in case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 87
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System, Thermal Vision.
Save vs. Psionics (16+): 1d20+3 = 4


Skills:
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 1/109% Pass (Understand what his multitude of sensors may be telling him.)
Lore: Magic: Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 15/43% Pass (What is going on?)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 54/59% Pass (What is going on?)
Intelligence 1d100 = 38/58% Pass (Piece the info together.)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 22/104% Pass (Scan radio.)




Initiative: 1d20+6 = 12
Number of actions: 8

Action One: Think
Action Two: Radio
Action Three: Move
Action Four: Stab the man. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 11; Damage: 1d6 = 2 M.D.)
Action Five: Stab the man. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 22; Damage: 1d6 = 2 M.D.)
Action Six: Stab the man. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 18; Damage: 1d6 = 4 M.D.)
Action Seven: Stab the man. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 22; Damage: 1d6 = 2 M.D.)
Action Eight: Stab the man. (Strike: 1d20+9 = 22; Damage: 1d6 = 1 M.D.)

Parries as needed: 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 15, 1d20+13 = 14, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 23.
Dodges if not parriable: 1d20+11 = 24, 1d20+11 = 21, 1d20+11 = 21, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 13, 1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 24, 1d20+11 = 14.

Contingency
If target moves away and is unable to be attacked in melee, James will shoot him instead.

Action Four: Shoot the man. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 18; Damage: 2d4 = 7 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Five: Shoot the man. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Six: Shoot the man. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 20; Damage: 2d4 = 5 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Seven: Shoot the man. (Strike: 1d20+6 = 12; Damage: 2d4 = 3 M.D. plus Knockdown.)
Action Eight: Reload BB-4.




Mane wrote:"THAT'S the guy??"


Karl wrote:"Guys he could vanish in an instant around here..."


Jericho Jackson wrote:"Badger to team. Be advised.... Depending on his personal abilities, this spoonbender we're hunting doesn't even have to have LOS to target. He could be puppeteering the locals."

"We may need to fan out, search buildings. He might be in a defensible interior location with no LOS. I'm getting no targets on Overwatch."


Drummond Leighton wrote:"Drop your weapon! Put your hands over your head, and get on your knees!"


Culter wrote:"Doc, Plasma. It just occurred to me, based on what we've seen so far, I'm thinking that our target may be using his abilities to psionically mentally possess another. It's the only way it makes sense. Use an innocent as a scapegoat while protecting his own body from harm. Also allows freedom of movement from obvious physical appearances such as the Delphi helmets. Recommend we don't use lethal force until we know for a fact we've found our target and try to subdue them instead."

"Plasma, moving into position above, ready. I can run a brain scan on this one to determine possession, just to be safe, if he cooperates."


Egan Grey wrote:"Port Authority has some hovercraft coming into the area to help with the problem. Heavy weapons and a spook that can force an incident is a bad combination. It's not his style, but he might be really worried. Port Freq for updates is *******"


All the information pours in towards James and he just blurts out the most common thing a man in his situation may say, be it king or peasant. "Fuck." James turns towards the man that Drummond and Mane are moving to manhandle and once again he's a lonely Lieutenant trapped in Atlantis with not a clue how to proceed. James almost seems transfixed as the world slowly, at least to him, moves forward. James can hear his blood pumping through his veins, feel the individual snow flakes landing on his skin, the moment almost seems it's own microcosm. Without real thought, James brain begins sorting through information. What are my sensors telling me? Could this be a magical enchantment? Could this be a psionic one? How does this all piece together with the information known? What is the Port authority saying?

James begins to move, cyberware seemingly slow, like the very air is made of molasses. James tries to make his way to the man, to help his squad take him down if need be. James begins speaking... "Contact! Disrupt whatever he is doing." James is charging towards the man, knife and gun held in defensive positions. James waits to take a shot, not wanting to hit his men, opting to join in the melee instead.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Ambush - Star

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:59 am

(Rolls carried over)

James Howlett wrote:"Contact! Disrupt whatever he is doing."



When Howlett shouts "contact" Badger's head swivels in that direction, and he immediately banks his flightpath to bring him into range. Levelling his rifle, he fires at Howlett's target in short, sharp bursts. "On it!"

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 2 (Nat. 1!)

APM: 5

Action 1: patrol
Action 2: bank into range
Action 3: Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle burst 1d20+3 = 7; Damage 6d6 = 18 MD
Action 4: Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle burst 1d20+3 = 19; Damage 6d6 = 16 MD
Action 5: Fire L-20 Pulse Rifle burst 1d20+3 = 13; Damage 6d6 = 23 MD

If Badger is targeted by weapons fire, he will sacrifice actions to dodge as necessary.
Dodges: 1) 1d20+9 = 11; 2) 1d20+9 = 18; 3) 1d20+9 = 21; 4) 1d20+9 = 20; 5) 1d20+9 = 20
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34



NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Next

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest