This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:00 am

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 07:16:15 by end of post
    Temp: 1°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, Still only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice. A storm is moving in off the lake. Forecasts suggest it will be a full blizzard before 0800.
    Ley Line info: A ley line runs through this area and everyone affected by one will be dealing with the effects. There is a ley line nexus less than 3 miles away.
    The damage, duration, and range of psychic powers are increased by 50% whenever on or near (within 1 mile/1.6 km) a ley line.
    Location:
    Map
    Image


As the fight with the possessed man is happening Egan hears the following over the Port Authority Security Frequency. "Security is en route to the disturbance in the north end of the port. All local security please do not get involved. All businesses be advised, weather forecasts were optimistic. We have a fast moving blizzard coming in off the lake that will be on us in minutes. All businesses are advised to have employees and vehicles shelter in place until the storm has passed. Only Port Authority vehicles should operate until the storm has passed and we can get plows out to clear the roads. All crews working should secure all cargo not in a building and secure all cranes. Then get to a sturdy building for the duration of the storm."

By the time 30 seconds have passed, Howlett knows they have minutes before this one will talk, unless someone can touch his mind. Everyone else sees a quartet of larged armed hover patrol cars reminiscent of AFC-105 Skull Patrol Cars flying in and unloading almost dozen security personnel, all pointing weapons at the group. "Step away from the man! Hands up and step away! We don't want to, but we will fire, as will our escorts. Everyone put your weapons on the ground! NOW!"

GM Notes: We are out of initiative order and out of rounds. If you comply, the next GM post will be in 10 minutes time. If you do not, we go into rounds again. The hover patrol cars are covering the power armor as well as the ground forces. The ground forces are wearing northern gun armor and using a combination of weapons. They wear the symbol of the Port Authority.

Egan, you have more options because you are not in this. You can be in the general vicinity of the scene in one minute, thirty seconds. You can just tell me where you want to be in your post.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:41 pm

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d100 = 65 1d20 = 17
Codename: Ken Rosewood (Blue)

JIC Save vs Psionics (Minor): 1d20+3 = 15
JIC Piloting roll; Pilot Robots & PA 85% 1d100 = 70 (Note: Has Combat Flying 50% penalty reduction)

Karl doesn't comply with the orders from the port authority right away, instead he simply speaks out over the com channel with a "Orders sir?" while he keeps scanning around for the assassin. He wasn't quite as in tune with what ws going on at the time as the others directly there, but he could make a pretty good guess as a psychic himself, no matter how minor, coupled with the training from the CS. Unfortunately, Karl had no idea what kind of range or specific conditions might allow for the possession in the first place. Thus, while he waits for Howlett's orders he sets about trying to split his attention between trying to spot the real target, and, trying to keep an eye on the Port Authority. Karl didn't exactly like the odds, but he still felt confident enough in his abilities that, should Howlett order it, he wouldn't hesitate to fire. However, he comes to a hovering stop in a somewhat protective distance from the others on the ground, not yet landing.

Come on you slippery bastard... where are you hiding?

Karl will take a moment to additionally do a quick scan with his suit's sensors in hopes of picking the target out, though he knew that was increasingly slim odds.
Sensory Equipment 62% 1d100 = 44
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:37 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 59 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 89

Psionics JIC 1d20+3 = 9 vs 15

As the perp goes to into a kneeling position and begins spouting off, Drum can see what he's about to do. "Oh no you don't!" he says. We need answers! He forces his bionic hand between the end of the barrel and the man's head and uses his robotic strength to keep it out of alignment and willing to sacrifice his hand to stop the man from killing himself.

When the man's body locks up and begins to shake, Drum can only just look at him for a few precious seconds. With no skill in First Aid, he can't think of a way to help the man, but he remembers what he was told when one of the neighbor kids had a seizure. If the man is wearing a helmet, he goes quickly to either open the face plate or take the helmet off entirely, once he can see the man's face, he wedges his bionic pinky into the man's mouth, holding the tongue in place so he can't bite it or swallow it accidentally.

"Doc, what do we do?" Drum asks. He let's loose of his weapon so he can use his other hand to support the man at Doc's direction. "This isn't the guy is he?"

Unless Doc says something first, Drum says to the the security personnel. "Look!" he nods to his rifle in the blackened snow as his hands are occupied. "My rifle is over there. This man needs immediately medical attention. My hand is the only thing preventing him from choking on his own tongue. Get a stretcher or something and get this guy." Once their med techs come over, he relinquishes his position and stands up hands at his sides.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:03 am

GM mini-reply
One of the soldiers nods at Drummond's call for action and holds a place on the side of his helmet you can only guess activates his radio. "Medical team incoming." He doesn't otherwise move, but Drum can tell they are no longer pointing as many weapons at him.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:04 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 20 (SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
1d100 = 27

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

As the scene goes down with the possessed security agent, Badger lands nearby, training his rifle on the man. He watches as the delphi juicer relinquishes control of the man, but leaves him paralyzed. That's some wicked shit... Hopefully we can find this spoonbender and shut him down before too long. As it becomes apparent the man is no longer under the target's control, Badger lowers his rifle, keeping at the ready, but pointed to ground.

As the APCs arrive and disgorge security personnel barking orders, Badger looks to Howlett for orders.

Military Etiquette 65% 1d100 = 37 (Identify the security personnel's commanding officer - SUCCESS)

He smirks at the security guards, as they give conflicting orders. Hands up or weapons on the ground? He chuckles to himself. Still, they're a second away from panicking. Must not see much action. "Easy cowboys, we're all friends here."

Invoke Trust 20% 1d100 = 51 (FAIL)

As Drummond calls for medical attention for the paralyzed former target, Badger nods appreciatively. Good man. Well done.

If Howlett orders the team to stand down, he places his rifle on the ground. Don't really need it in the PA if shit starts, but might as well put them at some ease. He then raises his hands and takes a step back. There - that ought to placate 'em. I did ALL the things.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby James Howlett » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 41
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System, Thermal Vision.




Skills:
Invoke Trust 1d100 = 8/65% (70% vs Armed Forces Personnel) Pass (To get the Port Authority to stop pointing guns at him.)
Medical Doctor: Diagnosis: 1d100 = 19/129% Pass (To help the man who was possessed, if allowed.)
Medical Doctor: Treatment: 1d100 = 85/119% Pass (To help the man who was possessed, if allowed.)
Field Surgery 1d100 = 25/100% Pass (Alternative; To help the man who was possessed, if allowed.)




James sighs when the situation falls apart. Possession, did not see that as an option, we will just have to plan better next time I guess. James thinks. "Stand down and follow Port Authority requests." James radios to his team, while dropping his pistol and knife on the ground. James puts his four arms in the air. "I am the commander of these mercenaries. We have been in pursuit of a serial killer." James says loudly for the Port Authority to hear.

"Seems our quarry had another trick up his sleeve, and possessed this man here. If you would not mind, I am a doctor and I can see to his needs." James says calmly.

If the Port Authority allows it, James will go about his true profession as a doctor and try and save the man from dying.

If the Port Authority doesn't allow it, James will continue to stand still. "My identification is in my right back pants pocket, inside my wallet."

In either case James complies with whatever the Port Authority requests.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:57 pm

*Rolls Carried*

With the order to stand down given, Karl gives out quiet, slightly angered muttering inside his suit, though doesn't let it carry over into his voice when he keys the com again "Yes sir.". To aid in helping settle things down with the Port Authority, Karl slows his speed right down to a hover, moving within a somewhat protective distance of the others and then lands before complying with any of the other orders given to him.

I'm really starting to hate this guy, and I don't even know him... he thinks of the assassin.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:36 am

Mini-Update
The guards nod as they obviously receive a radio call. "As long fingers stay off the triggers, we can work this out. Just don't let him die." The last sentence is delivered like a threat, but sounds more like a plea. Whatever they expected to find here, it wasn't this. "Once we can move him, let's get indoors. We've got a blizzard that is incoming any minute now." Even as he speaks another hovercraft lands, and two men in the red and white of paramedics step out and move to assist James, once the Port Authority men approve it.

One thing that confuses Drum, and Howlett for a moment, is the lack of the normally destructive activities they'd expect of the spasms they are seeing. The paramedics pull out a mouth/tongue protector and insert it into the immobile but open mouth. (James make some rolls here)
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Mane » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 27

With the parting words of The Sadist hanging in the air, Mane felt cheated out of his prize. The mentally scarred battle cat had not reclaimed his pride, nor had he he proven himself the better preadator of the two. No. The Sadist had simply proven that he was the master of the game today, and the team was lucky that none of its members were taken over and turned against each other at the hands of a psychotic, sadistic puppeteer.

"We're not done here, you sick son of a bitch!" Mane roared in frustration. But of course it was too late. The Sadist had already vacated the premises, leaving behind the torturned and locked up body of the poor security guard.

As Drum stepped in to stop the man from swollowing his tounge as a seizure wracked his body, Mane stepped away and threw an angry punch into the thin air, furious over how they all just got toyed with.

I had him! I mother-fuckin' had him! he mentally scolded himself for the defeat. Sixty more seconds and I could have tracked him down by the smug look on his face! While the thought was probably not true, Mane placed the blame squarely on himself. Another air punch swung through the bitterly cold air as steam billowed from his flaring nostrils.

It was then he noticed the Port Authority scrambling out of their hovercraft, intent on taking control of the scene.

CS High Command wrote:"Step away from the man! Hands up and step away! We don't want to, but we will fire, as will our escorts. Everyone put your weapons on the ground! NOW!"


With one more angry snoort, Mane quickly collected his cool... though it was really more of a drop from a hard boil to a controlled simmer. He was in no mood to play, and certainly in no mood to surrender, making his defeat all the more stinging.

Being the gunfighter he was, the big cat's hands hovered over the grips of his trusty pistols on his hips. Out of the corner of his eye, he looked to Howlett and said in a low register, "Say the word. I can take 'em, boss."

Mane was actually disapointed when the reply came, directed towards the whole team.

James Howlett wrote:"Stand down and follow Port Authority requests." James radios to his team, while dropping his pistol and knife on the ground. James puts his four arms in the air.


It took him a moment accept that they weren't going to shoot it out, but it was probably for the best. Boss Man knew best, after all. With a slow, non-alarming draw, Mane cleared leather on his blasters and gently placed them on the snow-covered street. "I'm getting those back." he said to the nearest Port Authority officer in a warning tone, pointing down at his pistols.

The fight was over and all he had to show for it was his embarasment and a growing headache from the damn Ley Line. Mane cursed himself once more; this time for not bringing the fetish talisman given to him by the Indians a good while back.

Not knowing what else to do, Mane resumed his default position and played bodyguard for Howlett, staying in close proximinity in case anything funny happned. Guns or no, he was a living, breathing weapon, and no order to stand down could strip him of that. "Got your back, boss."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Culter » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:17 am

JiC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 44
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 1(Mary-Morther of Crit Successes)
Save vs Psionic [10+]: 1d20 = 20+3 = 23 (Mary Mother of Crit Success x2)

Lore, Psionics and Psychics [40%]: 1d100 = 8 (Identify if Mental Possession would leave imprints, if he can identify them, an aura, etc with Brain Scan)
I.D. Undercover Agent [54%]: 1d100 = 19 (Check other Port Authority for odd behavior in case the Juicer just switched bodies instead of actually escaping)
Invoke Trust [50%]: 1d100 = 20 (Move nonthreatening in support of Doc to preform his Brain Scan)
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 35 (Check for twitchy fingers, fingers in trigger wells, uneasy or aggressive stances that may result in an attack by Port Authority)

Delphi Juicer Asshat wrote:"Oh you are a persistent bunch. So ready to kill. You're no peacekeep....aaaauurgghh! Fuck that hurt! What are you .....aaaauuggh! Seems I'm out of time. My respects. I've never been hurt like this. I will find you another day. For now, this one knows too much. No time to kill him. Farewell my foes. We shall meet again, but not too soon!"


Culter snarls as the psionic comments and leaves the possessing body. I need to find a way to pin them down, otherwise what good am I if they can just run away. He glances around to the others before sighing within his armor as his brows furrow. Hopefully that method of attack doesn't denote any concern from these guys. New crew; may be Psi-Bat but doesn't mean they aren't ready to remove potential internal threats either. Culter thinks, his paranoia peaking after using such an ability.

Port Authority wrote:"Step away from the man! Hands up and step away! We don't want to, but we will fire, as will our escorts. Everyone put your weapons on the ground! NOW!"


Doc wrote:"Stand down and follow Port Authority requests."


Culter will respond in kind after his successful mental assaults on the psionic, though not say anything specific, resigning to Doc to take the lead in addressing Port Authority. He steps back several paces and though he never raised his weapon, he will let his own NG-IR5 drop to the ground below him, plopping in the snow. He'll queue his sub-vocal internal radio and communicate with the boss. "I can run a Brain Scan to see if I can get any remnants of the imprint left by the target while you check him for injuries. It's unobtrusive, I just need to touch him, so I can help stabilize." Culter suggests to Doc, and barring a dismissal of his request, will move to help stabilize the victim and concurrently run a Brain Scan (-10 I.S.P.).
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Jericho Jackson » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:53 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 74 (FAIL)
JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 56

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

When the guards indicate that things may be tense but not hostile, Badger picks his rifle up by the barrel and slings it over his shoulder, and when they indicate their preference to move indoors, Badger makes himself available to move the paralyzed man as necessary. Good idea - we're exposed here and I can't trust he's not still watching us. Indoors is a crap shoot, because I can't get airborne from there, but if a fight breaks out that... His pulse races somewhat at the thought... ... won't be a problem.

He goes to stand next to Mane. Mane... is something else. Open-brain surgery yesterday on a motor-pool floor, and today ready to tear guts out. However they're putting together things like this down in Lone Star, they need to keep it up.

"Feeling all right, Preacher? You've had a rough couple days. And I can't say I know you at all, but it's plain you're a fighter," he says, his voice conveying respect.

As they go inside, Badger's eyes sweep the crowd, lighting on faces wary and distrustful. The faces of the humans he registers some sympathy for - this is not a world they created, or wanted. His eyes register the faces of any dbees he sees, their wariness, their distrust, as something else. These he sees as fearing the CS, fearing them because they are human. Rationally, he knows they are not a monolithic entity - each dbee must have his or her or its own rationales - but the way he was raised in the 'burbs tells him: you gotta trust your gut. Having scanned no overt threat from the milling workers outside, he moves with his unit into the structure the guards indicate. Once the group is inside, Badger will take up a position with eyes on the door, but will leave his weapon aside.

As he stands watch over Howlett's medical procedure, he watches to see if they are being surveilled - either by prying eyes or electronically by visible cameras or recording devices.

Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 31 (SUCCESS)
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:22 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 74
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 65

SvPsi(12+) - 1d20 = 16

James Howlett wrote:"Stand down and follow Port Authority requests."
-Well I guess they got pinched by the response team.-
Moving north along the rooftop, Egan makes his way to the alley and drops down to street level before continuing north till he can move east and come back at the group from the north. Blending into the remaining people on the street, once he gets to the street the group was on, the scout looks down and assess the crowd density. If enough people remain on the street and will allow him to cover the building the group is in without being suspicious he will stay street level, however, if the guards have it locked down Egan will use the rooftops once again. Once in position to watch as much as possible without being seen, Egan keys up the comms for a simple. "Outside."
Skill Rolls
    [Radio: Basic – 100%, 1d100 = 48, PASS] Using the radio.
    [Climb – 105%, 1d100 = 86, PASS] - Climbing down to street level.
    [Climb – 105%, 1d100 = 67, PASS] - Climbing up to the next rooftop if needed.
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 50, PASS] - Getting down from the rooftop unseen.
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 8, PASS] - Blending into the crowds before the storm.
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 61, PASS] - Disappearing outside the building the group is in.
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 84, PASS] - Keeping track of where he needs to get to.
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 62, PASS] - If he's on the other rooftop checking it out for activity.
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 65, FAIL] - C. Y. A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] - Using the suit to keep track of the groups IFF's and locations.
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 29, PASS] - Using the suits optics to run through the image modes.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:06 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 08:45 by end of post
    Temp: -5°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, with a blizzard in full effect. It's no longer zero visibility, but it is
    Ley Line info: A ley line is a few miles away.
    Location: The Warehouse base of operations for the group. (Unless there is somewhere else you want to be).

As Egan arives, he can see a line going from the other side of the warehouse the group is near out to the water. It looks to him like the line a hovercycle would make. Scanning out towards the water, he has to switch to thermals to see anything, but he can find no sign of a hovercycle that might have made the tracks. He focuses back on the group. He also sees the incoming blizzard and its near zero visibility less than a mile away and moving fast. It will be on them in 20 minutes. It's 10 minutes before the group moves inside, confident they will not harm the patient.

The Port Authority soldiers make no move to stop Howlett, or even Culter, though one of them wonders aloud, how he thinks he can help with delicate work like medical care if he is in power armor. As it turns out the end of the paralysis, pain, blindness, deafness, and muting of the guard was merely a matter of letting the duration run out.

It's a tense dozen minutes or so, but he does recover, at which point he spills how this guy had been paying him to let him sleep in one of the unused offices and had called him in a bit ago, paralyzed him, bound him, and then calmly took out a rifle and shot in the distance. Then he'd stuffed himself in an ore moving bin, one they didn't use anymore and then touched him and everything went black.

He awoke with a cat creature in his face, paralyzed, in excruiating pain, blind, deaf, and mute. He wanted to scream, but could not. Even as he recounts the tale, he weeps. He is able to give a very detailed description of the Juicer who calls himself Agent Smith. He never said who he was an agent for, but somehow despite seeing himself as some suave agent, he carried himself more as a psychopathic killer. The money was good and he never before had caused problems, though hearing what he'd done, the man pukes in horror and disgust. The security forces arrest him, mostly to get his story on record. They have been treating the players like an allied force ever since they got a call during the standoff.

The group and the port authority go over the office and sniper perch. Whatever lifestyle this guy lives, whatever trophies, he was ready to move at a moment's notice. Following the only logical exits from where the cargo mover stopped, they find where a hovercycle of some sort was hidden, and a trail of upturned snow heading due east, out towards open water and into the near zero visibility blizzard. When it is time to leave, the leader of the security force shakes Howlett's hand and offers him best of luck finding this guy. One thing they all feel certain on - he has left the area, likely for a good little while. They offer to email him a copy of their findings using the local internet connections. Howlett offers him a local email address and by the time he's back to base, he can download their report and accompanying video evidence. He also sees in the report it was Mr. Falcone (from the Falcon's Nest Bar) who'd flagged the group as an ally, removing the animosity from the Port Authority. The port authority report doesn't really add anything, but it does present their actions and how well they've maintained their cover.

While waiting on the worst of the blizzard to pass, the group gathers all information they can (please include whatever skill rolls you want to look for whatever, not to mention psionic powers, etc). Then the team heads back to the warehouse, catalogs all the evidence and their reports, and encodes it all on a disk. One of the drivers, Galen, then loads his gear onto the recovered hovercycle, and waits on the storm to pass before heading to a point where he can upload the mission reports to the C.S. by wireless connection to a hidden and secret listening post.

GM Instructions
GM Notes: There are still information to be had, and I will PM you each some things based on previous rolls, which can inform your posts this time as you search for clues, record your findings, and generally wrap up this investigation.

Every player has a chance to earn 500 XP in one go for filing an after action report. In character this can be written or a video report. Form is here. This is optional, but I highly suggest you do it. This is completely in character and they will in character be passed to Howlett, who will attach them to his report along with all digital, video, and audio evidence.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Mane » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 61

As the situation continued to evolve and de-escalate, Mane's fury and anger began to turn increasingly inward. As it did so, it began to change into a sollum dispare and depression, feeding into his self-doubt and faltering confidence. While somewhere in his head he knew this was a team effort, the juvinile cat placed all blame on himsef.

Slowly his stomping transformed into a mope.

Jericho Jackson wrote:"Feeling all right, Preacher? You've had a rough couple days. And I can't say I know you at all, but it's plain you're a fighter," he says, his voice conveying respect.


Mane turned to the new guy and gave a slow, labored, melancholy sigh before speaking. "Fighter? Maaaaaan. I just got my ... ass ... kicked. And kicked hard. Kicked by some beady-eyed spoon-bender freak who was probably sipping on a hot chocolate with tiny little marshmallows in it the whole time. I bet his mug had a big sissy rainbow on it and said on the said in a big girly font, 'I ♥ Cats!'. ... THAT'S the guy who just kicked my ass. The defeated cat opened his mouth to say more, but the shame took the wind out of his chest.

With little more to contribute, Mane did all he could do from that point on; look big and scary, and keep the locals from pestering the boss. He half-listened to everything else what was going on, somewhat hearing the guard recount his tale of how The Sadist was posing as an agent of some kind, and how he had been paying the man off for a prime hideout/sniper's nest, but the significance didn't hit him until shortly later.

CS High Command wrote:The group and the port authority go over the office and sniper perch. Whatever lifestyle this guy lives, whatever trophies, he was ready to move at a moment's notice. Following the only logical exits from where the cargo mover stopped, they find where a hovercycle of some sort was hidden, and a trail of upturned snow heading due east, out towards open water and into the near zero visibility blizzard.


As Mane stood there, looking down at the spot from where The Sadist conducted his reign of terror durring his watch, he was releived to see that no such girly mug was left behind. If it actually was, Mane would have slashed his own wrists then and there to escape the humliation.

But then it slowly began to don on him. The Sadist was RIGHT HERE!! Here, in this very spot! Feet on the ground. Slept on this floor. Hands all over every surface. He TOCHED it all! Not some psychic controlled zombie puppet, but HIM HIMSELF!!

"STOP!! he shouted to everyone as soon as he realized what a golden opportunity he had before him. "No one touch anything!

Mane began to lick his lips and rubbed his hands together in anxious anticipation. Shakily he removed the gloves off his hands and began to crawl on the floor, extending his psychic senses, looking for the sweet spot. He didn't care how much of his remaining internal energies he needed to expend, so long as he got results. The hulking cat felt the floor where it looked like he might have slep, the window frame where he would have had the best view of the ongoings outside, and every likely patch of floor and wall in between or in close priximity, subjecting it to his psychic power of Object Read.

Object Read (6 ISP)
  • Impressions (74% base): 1d100 = 87
  • Images (66% base): 1d100 = 92
  • Present (+4 ISP -- 56% base): 1d100 = 31

While Mane wasn't picking up on any impressions or images of the past, he was getting some thing from the present! "Wait a minute... waaaaait a minute... I'm getting something...

OOC: Just what, the GM will let me know presently(ish)
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:34 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 21 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 21



Drum listen to the guards story, it doesn't all make sense to him, but he gets he thinks the basics. The guy was bribed to look the other way by this Agent Smith. The money was too good to ask any questions, and then at the end he got his mind bended.

He follows the team to the office. He makes no effort to get in the room and block the specialists do their investigation, so he stands around with the proverbial mechanical thumb up his mechanical ass. He starts in the hallway and area outside the room. Looking for what measures may be have been in place to alert the juicer of interference, he looks for wires, cameras, microphones, etc.. "When this mission is over, I am going to have to talk about upgrades . A sensor hand would come in handy. We need more tech, sensors and crap if we're going to be better at this type of job."

Hallway Search:
Electronics: Basic 55% vs 1d100 = 60 | Fail
Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 83 | Fail
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 66 | Fail

Recognize Salvage and Quality 70% vs 1d100 = 2 | Pass

When finished with the hallway, he stands outside the door way, and looks in. He uses his multi-optics eyes to scan the room. He examines it in terms of salvage. What things did Agent Smith leave there were of any value, of those things, were they cobbled together, store bought, trashed deliberately? Based on the amount of time in the room, did the things the guy left behind leave any traces of what it was that he value, perhaps by the dust outline on the ground around the spot.

Room Observation:
Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 54 | Pass
Sensory Equipment 55% vs 1d100 = 14 | Pass
Recognize Salvage and Quality 70% vs 1d100 = 6 | Pass
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:32 pm

Mane wrote:Mane turned to the new guy and gave a slow, labored, melancholy sigh before speaking. "Fighter? Maaaaaan. I just got my ... ass ... kicked. And kicked hard. Kicked by some beady-eyed spoon-bender freak who was probably sipping on a hot chocolate with tiny little marshmallows in it the whole time. I bet his mug had a big sissy rainbow on it and said on the said in a big girly font, 'I ♥ Cats!'. ... THAT'S the guy who just kicked my ass. The defeated cat opened his mouth to say more, but the shame took the wind out of his chest.


"So, your girlfriend in otherwords..." Karl couldn't help but quip at Mane as he took a look around, barely realizing he'd just teased Mane the same way he might a normal human squadmate.

Mane wrote:"STOP!! he shouted to everyone as soon as he realized what a golden opportunity he had before him. "No one touch anything!

Mane began to lick his lips and rubbed his hands together in anxious anticipation. Shakily he removed the gloves off his hands and began to crawl on the floor, extending his psychic senses, looking for the sweet spot. He didn't care how much of his remaining internal energies he needed to expend, so long as he got results. The hulking cat felt the floor where it looked like he might have slep, the window frame where he would have had the best view of the ongoings outside, and every likely patch of floor and wall in between or in close priximity, subjecting it to his psychic power of Object Read.

While Mane wasn't picking up on any impressions or images of the past, he was getting some thing from the present! "Wait a minute... waaaaait a minute... I'm getting something...

OOC: Just what, the GM will let me know presently(ish)


"Beat me to it." Karl added once he realized what Mane was doing. "Bet this place has quite an aura to it." he murmured and then frowned as he looked about the place "Y'know, this guy probably has a bunch of shit hidden here, or did possibly." Thus, with that in mind Karl starts to eye the place up with that angle in mind, trying to think of the best spots he would use to hide things...

"Skill Rolls"
To use his suit's sensors, knowledge of mathematics and basic mechanical engineering to figure out the best places/ways to hide things, find areas hidden based on volume of space (To find any hollow walls/hidden rooms if dimensions don't add up etc)
Sensory Equipment 67% 1d100 = 20
Computer Operation 67% 1d100 = 62
Math Advanced 92% 1d100 = 50
Intelligence 68% 1d100 = 36
Basic Mechanics 104% 1d100 = 93

Mechanical Engineer 77% 1d100 = 96

To search for/Disarm any possible traps: (Add +20% from tool kits if applicable)
Demolitions: Disposal 85% 1d100 = 52
Basic Mechanics 104% 1d100 = 99
Mechanical Engineer 77% 1d100 = 69
Electrical Engineer: 77% 1d100 = 80
Electronics Basic: 72% 1d100 = 25
Weapons Engineer 77% 1d100 = 7


To try and bypass any locks if found:
Locksmith 82% 1d100 = 96
Computer Hacking 41% 1d100 = 21


C'mon, I know you've got to have hidden something around here somewhere. A bug out bag, coms gear, something. This was clearly your little bolt hole for a while..
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:45 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 100 (CRIT. FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 20
1d100 = 3

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

Mane wrote:"Fighter? Maaaaaan. I just got my ... ass ... kicked. And kicked hard. Kicked by some beady-eyed spoon-bender freak who was probably sipping on a hot chocolate with tiny little marshmallows in it the whole time. I bet his mug had a big sissy rainbow on it and said on the said in a big girly font, 'I ♥ Cats!'. ... THAT'S the guy who just kicked my ass."


Jericho shrugs noncommitally. "Hey, man - I'm just a grunt... what do I know? All's I can say, from where I'm lookin', is... you're still standing. That says 'Fighter' to me." He claps Mane on the shoulder, and then moves to investigate the room.

Jericho notes that the cameras he's spotted are visual-only. He calls out to the Security detachment. "You might want to pull the data from these cameras." To Howlett he adds, "Might be nice if we could get our hands on a copy as well. It's got not audio but we might be able to pull some decent-quality stills"

With that, he starts to look around the room for other evidence.

Mane wrote:"STOP!! No one touch anything!


Jericho spins on his heel, nearly grabbing his sidearm at the outburst, but when he sees Mane using his preternatural sense to scout around, he feels a bit more at ease, and returns to using his own training to try to make sense of the scene. He does all of the following examination without touching anything, until Mane gives the all-clear, at which point he will do any examination that requires touch.

Firstly, Jericho scans the room with his cyber-arm's radiation sensor, taking note of any hotspots. Probably turn up cold, but you never know if he's using depleted uranium or the like in his rounds. Particularly if he's using armor-piercing. He cycles his cyber-eye to thermal imaging to see if there are any still-warm burn sites (i.e., a trashcan or fireplace used to burn evidence - particularly if such is still warm).

Next, if there is a desk or table in the room, he cycles his cyber-eye to its macro setting (at 20X magnification), to try to discern if any writing has microscopically scored the surface through whatever paper it was on.

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 34 (Make sense of any microscopic indentations from writing - SUCCESS)

If he sees any, he calls Drummond over. "Hey Drum - do you have a microscopic-quality digital camera? Can you get some shots of this surface?"

Finally, he uses his knowledge of undercover protocols to search the room for any discarded materials the target might've deemed 'not tactically valuable'.

Undercover Ops 55% 1d100 = 58 (find drop-sites/burn sites for discarded materials - FAIL)
Surveillance 55% 1d100 = 59 (identify any 'deadzones' not covered by cameras - FAIL)

If he spots a camera deadspot, he examines it more closely, to find any details that might've been missed in clean-up.

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 80 (identify missed evidence - FAIL)

If he spotted a dropsite or Burn site, after Mane gives the all-clear, he will examine it more closely.
Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 8 (search dropsite/burn site for surviving evidence - SUCCESS)

Whatever he discovers, he will report to Howlett.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby James Howlett » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10; 1d100 = 42
Conditions: Motion detector, Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration System, Thermal Vision.


Skills:
Find Contraband 1d100 = 95/86% Fail (To see if anything illegal is laying around.)
Research 1d100 = 28/109% Pass (To gather all relative information, both found by James & the rest of the team)
Forensics 1d100 = 82/119% Pass (To comb over the site looking for clues.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 53/109% Pass (To operate his various built-in sensor systems.)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 4/59% Pass (To consider what a psychic like him would need.)
Psychology 1d100 = 90/74% Fail (To possibly figure out where he went.)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 80/89% Pass (To figure out where he might have gone considering the weather.)
Intelligence 1d100 = 14/58% Pass (To piece all the info together to form the bigger picture.)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 45/104% Pass (To scan for nearby signals.)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 75/54% Fail (To scan for nearby signals.)



James stands in the doorway of the office that the killer once resided in. He watches the others go over things before joining in. Unlike most of his team, James is actually trained in crime scene investigation, he begins to go over the place with a fine tooth comb, trying to find anything that will eventually lead him and his team to taking down the killer. James is rather quiet as he works, listening to the radio as he slowly checks stations, seeing if there are any items sending out signals. James is meticulous in his work, but eventually he's convinced that he's found everything that could be found by him.

"All right team, let us wrap this up and make our way back to base. I feel that we are likely going to be going back home after this." James says as he makes his way back to the truck.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 7

Egan looks over the tracks leading away and inspects the surrounding area all the way to the waters edge, looking for anything that might have been dropped or forgotten about in haste.
-Heading out over water to cover the tracks for the moment is smart but the Port will have his movement on their sensors for awhile. So he'll use the blizzard to cover tracks and muffle sound but high speed in low visibility is suicide so he has a place to hunker down or a group to hunker down with relatively close by.-
Leaving the rest of the group to work with the guards, Egan slowly goes over the area until the group is ready to head back to camp. If he runs into people that might have seen who got on the bike and its direction of travel he will ask them for the information.

Skill Rolls
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 46, PASS] - To remain hidden while looking over the area
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 69, PASS] - To try and figure out his direction and project his potential landfall
    [Wilderness Survival – 95%, 1d100 = 47, PASS] - To figure out which direction the blizzard is coming from, timing and landfall
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 73, PASS] - To check the area for tracks that could be relevant
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 7, PASS] - To check the starting spot for places to stash a bug out bag or gear
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 44, PASS] - To check the starting spot for places to stash a bug out bag or gear
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 52, FAIL] - Using the suits sensors to track movement in the area
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 3, PASS] - Switching between modes while looking over the area.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Culter » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:35 pm

JiC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 100
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 84

[Skills]
Intelligence [44%]: 1d100 = 20 (Identifying/Understanding the pattern to this killer. )
Lore, Psychics and Psionics [40%]: 1d100 = 10 (More on what types of capabilities, combinations and other psionics this type of jucier can do, in what effects, to what combinations)
Detect Ambush [60%]: 1d100 = 45 (Likely areas to expect an ambush like this again; things to look for)
Electronic Countermeasures [55%]: 1d100 = 7 (Anomalous radio signals or interference not associated to Port Authority or out of place in a blizzard)

Read Sensory Equipment [45%]: 1d100 = 56 (Full sensor sweep of the area, using what he knows, to scan for anything that might be out of the ordinary given the situation)
ID Undercover Agent [59%]: 1d100 = 47 (See if any of the Port Authority or anyone else, is moving or acting strangely based on prior actions of the possessed)

With a combination of sensory effects, Culter can see the remnants of an altered aura, an attempt to hide psionic presence, plus the expected bio-manipulation effects. This guy is a master of stealth and infiltration.

Looking around, he wonders what a detailed view of the place's aura and the psychic traces he left behind might show. Physical evidence is easy to mask, but psychic residue is harder to wash away quickly.


Culter will do a sweep of the area and attempt to piece together what information he has. Regrettably, despite the residue of a psionics aura, he knows he doesn't have the means to sense it though, some of his team might. "I'm familiar to a good degree of how psionics work; and I don't think we'll find any physical evidence left behind. However, it is much more challenging to hide psychic residue where heavy imprints were made; such as possession or even telemechanics and the like. Regrettably, the ability to see these imprints is outside my wheelhouse, though it is something we should see about before leaving. The imprints will fade with time." He queues over his radio in a general ALCON.

He will record whatever he finds and, upon return to base, write up an after action report to submit to Doc.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:01 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 08:55 by end of post
    Temp: -5°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, with a blizzard in full effect. It's no longer zero visibility, but it is still limited visibility (under 25 feet).
    Ley Line info: A ley line is a few miles away.
    Location: The site of the attack (most of the gorup) and at a nearby pier (Egan).

As the group and the port authority searches the place, questions the guard, and generally upends the place, the workers are forced to stop working and shut down their machinery. Egan is no where to be found by the group, as he has wandered off into the storm, but if querried, he answers readily enough. But everyone is focused on their work.

If questions are needed of the workers or the security guard, the Port Authority is willing to ask them, but they will not let the team interrogate them. James alone might be allowed to silently observe.

(Same instructions as before, but you have new info)
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 51
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 31

Staring at the sight before him, Egan sighs softly before keying up the groups private band. "Got what could be the hovercycle used to get away from the warehouse here. It's out on the pier with an oddity hanging off it, if possible can I get a little backup out here to check this thing out with me? It looks like he had another means of getting away somewhere wet."
As he waits for a response, the scout takes a quick look at the bike it self trying to determine if it is trapped or rigged to explode on someone messing with it. -Bastard had another thing waiting to get him away. A boat, maybe a sub or just some submerged bugout gear he had sitting at the bottom of the lake that he fished out?-

Skill Rolls
    [Prowl – 87%, 1d100 = 35, PASS] - To try and keep a low profile just in case someone is staking out the bike.
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 75, PASS] - To check for activity that might show if someone else parked the bike here and walked away.
    [Trap & Mine Detection – 75%, 1d100 = 35, PASS] - To check the bike for being rigged to explode.
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 95, FAIL] - C. Y. A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 77, FAIL] - To try and mark potential hostiles or craft around the area.
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 98, FAIL] - To use the optic modes best for this type of work in a blizzard.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:47 pm

GM Mini-update:

As Egan looks out over the lake, it is hard to say if anything is out there. Certainly nothing that can be seen. Thermal imaging gives a slightly better range, but nothing warm is out there to be detected in any direction.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 60 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 22

Drum walks back into the small room where most of the team is huddled together look for clues. As he enters he shakes his head and says, "This guy knew he was leaving tonight. He may have been using this place for a while, but it's too clean. We didn't disrupt this guys plans, he's just kicked it up to a new level. This guy probably has two or three safe houses he uses." He holds out the collected food wrappers in his large hands, "Maybe he's left some saliva or something on these scraps, do you guys think you could do some of that CSI crap might tell us who he is?" It always works on the vids, but this guy probably was never a Coalition citizen.

Egan wrote:Staring at the sight before him, Egan sighs softly before keying up the groups private band. "Got what could be the hovercycle used to get away from the warehouse here. It's out on the pier with an oddity hanging off it, if possible can I get a little backup out here to check this thing out with me? It looks like he had another means of getting away somewhere wet."


"Doc, I'm just in the way in here. Permission to join Hender?" the cyborg asks. He looks over at Culter, "We could use having a big brain out there with us. Everett, you want to come with?"

If/when Doc gives permission to leave, Drum nods his head and unslings his rifle. Over the secured comm, he contacts Egan, "Blackwood here, I'll come to you, my skills may be better suited to examining the hovercycle." Maybe find a VIN that we could trace.

Once outside, he moves at a jog...which for a cyborg is faster than a man can sprint towards the pier.

This guy wants us to think he's left town, he's out there, watching, Drum thinks. Drum cycles his vision as he moves keeping an eye on the dark corners. He deliberately doesn't think about how exposed he might be.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Jericho Jackson » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:52 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 85

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 94

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

Jericho watches Mane and Karl work, and notes the area they're searching is a surveillance deadzone - no cameras watch that area.

He approaches the wall Karl is inspecting. "None of the cameras can see this wall... He might've used this wall as a planning board." He could've pinned up a map, written his plan on it, and developed his entire mission without any camera even seeing it. OR... the wall could conceal a dead-drop...

Jericho, again, cycles his cyber-eye to its macro setting (at 20X magnification), to try to discern if any writing has microscopically scored the wall through whatever paper may have been affixed there.

Intelligence 54% 1d100 = 35 (Make sense of any microscopic indentations from writing, or spot pinpricks from map corners, etc. - SUCCESS)

Through his knowledge of undercover ops, he tries to determine if this wall might have a dead-drop hidden inside.

Undercover Ops 55% 1d100 = 11 (to see if there is removable paneling or artwork, or loose masonry or the like that might conceal a dead-drop - SUCCESS)

If he finds anything, he will report it to Captain Howlett. Dissatisfied at the mission outcome, he ruminates a bit. Frakking spoonbender got away. Left little behind. This guy's a pro... but he's made it personal. Wherever you've gone, Artist, You better keep your head down. Moment we see your misshapen cranium I'm gonna empty my clips into it.

Howlett wrote:"All right team, let us wrap this up and make our way back to base. I feel that we are likely going to be going back home after this."


At the Captain's order, Jericho readies to move out and return to base. Once they are at base, he will write up his AAR and submit it to Capt. Howlett.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Perception (55%): 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d100 = 1 1d20 = 4
Codename: Ken Rosewood (Blue)

James Howlett wrote:"All right team, let us wrap this up and make our way back to base. I feel that we are likely going to be going back home after this." James says as he makes his way back to the truck.


"Yes sir." Karl respond to James, though he adds "I just need to look into one last thing sir. There's a serious oddity here that needs a check over before I'm done."

Jericho Jackson wrote:He approaches the wall Karl is inspecting. "None of the cameras can see this wall... He might've used this wall as a planning board." He could've pinned up a map, written his plan on it, and developed his entire mission without any camera even seeing it. OR... the wall could conceal a dead-drop...


Karl nods a little absentmindedly as he investigates the area, adding that information to the list of things 'that didn't add up'. "Well, he kept a rifle trained at this spot for a long, long time. Which means he had something here he was keeping an eye on. I just don't know what that is. Yet." he explains while he stands in the room that had been watched trying to sort out just what was so special. He wasn't an investigator but he was pretty smart, and skilled. Something was just twigging too hard to ignore.

What the hell were you up to here?

Deciding to focus on the room and it's immediate area, Karl starts to take measurements of the room from both the inside and outside. If there were any significant gaps, those could potentially reveal a hidden room or hide space. Like wise he'd check the whole area over for additional clues and try to piece together a reason why this room was of such particular interest to their wanted man. He pulled out his Wilk's Ultra Pocket Laser Distancer and Laser Gyro Navigation Aid along with his Compass/Inertial Mapper to try and make sure he was taking accurate measurements both inside and outside the room

"Skill Rolls"
To look for clues, measure the room interior an exterior and other basic investigatiosn
Intelligence 68% 1d100 = 99
Math Basic 99% 1d100 = 29
Math Advanced 92% 1d100 = 11
Sensory Equipment 67% 1d100 = 7
Land Navigation 83% (+10% from Compass/Internal Mapper added): 1d100 = 68

To look for or try to figure out any mechanism or other mechanically oriented clues as to why the room was so important.
Basic Mechanics 104% 1d100 = 66
Mechanical Engineer 77% 1d100 = 51
Electrical Engineer: 77% 1d100 = 94

To look for clues or potential explosive traps or demolitions related reason why the room/wall was so important.
Demolitions 85% 1d100 = 61
Demolitions: Disposal 85% 1d100 = 46

Trying to think of any historical reason that may apply
History: Pre-Rifts 43%/35% 1d100 = 51
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Mane » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 13

James Howlett wrote:"All right team, let us wrap this up and make our way back to base. I feel that we are likely going to be going back home after this." James says as he makes his way back to the truck.


Mane was bearly away Howlett spoke at all. As the words filled the air, Mane's mind was suddenly flooded with psychic imagery. Flashes of a plethora of dogboys being tortured intermixed with humams being outright killed. Acts of sexual depravity so vile it boggled the mind and turned Mane's stomache. All of it swirled together as though pictures in a blender thrashing about, each image fighting for supremacy only to be repaced by the next in a sick game of King of the Hill.

If Mane weren't already on his hands and knees feeling the floor, looking for the psychic sweet spot, he would have been driven to his knees. Instead he rolled over and grasped his belly as though gut kicked by a wrecking ball! His senses were overwhelmed. It was too much for his mind to handle. He felt violated by the assult of The Sadist's residual presence.

"AAGGGGGKKKK!!!", the shell of a warrior grotesquely emoted, wracked with anguish, spittle and phlem spraying from his gaping mouth. It was then Mane realized that was merely a glimpse of The Sadist's past. There was more still to come!

As his mind entered the present of The Sadist, an odd sensation came over him. Mane felt boxed in somehow. Closterphobic even. Some strage pressure pressed in from all sides like he were in the deepest depths of the crushing ocean. Before the sight of his psychic third eye he sees...

"I see him!!" Mane blurted out, his hands otherwise blindly feeling out the empty space in front of him. "... sort of ... I see some shadowy reflection in a huge blacked-out window. He's sitting in front of it. Damn, he's a big boy! He's ... he's workig some kind of controls. But all he sees is blackness. There are sensor readouts nearby, but ... what the fuck ... none of this makes sense! He's deffinately getting away though, right now. I'm getting a feeling too ... he feels no elation about his escape. It's all ... regret ... anger. Regret for somethign he left behind. And there's a thought in his head too ... I'll have to rebuild it all!"

With that the terrible vision faded from Mane's eyes and his mind began to clear. Slowly, he rolled to a sitting position and stayed there form a moment, regaining his bearings. The big cat centered himself with a series of slow, deep breaths, eventaully getting most of the sick sensation out of his gut.

His eyes open and focused again, the first thing Mane noticed was the others looking for signs for anything hidden in the walls. Believing them to be on the right track, Mane firmly believed them to be right.

"He left something behind. ... He left behind something very impotant!"

Zeroing his sights on where Karl was focusing his investigation for a hiden chamber in the wall, Mane stood up quickly, raced over to the wall of Karl's interest, and acted brashly.

"Pardon me, Ken." Mane politely said to Karl before unleashing his black, steel-shredding claws from his fingertips.

With a vertical slash of the wall, Mane ripped it open to see what was hidden inside... if anything at all.

Claw Attack: 1d20+9 = 12
Claw Mega Damage: 9d6+2 = 35 M.D.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm

This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Start
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 110 PA (2396)
    Time: 09:00 by end of post
    Temp: -5°, Bitterly Cold with a wind off the lake driving fog and a storm into the town of Hammond.
    Weather: Very Cloudy, with a blizzard in full effect. It's no longer zero visibility, but it is strong.
    Ley Line info: A ley line is a few miles away.
    Location: The Warehouse that was the home of the killer; then the group's warehouse.

As Mane walks over, ready to slash the wall apart, Karl finds a hidden switch that drops a chain with a handle from the ceiling. Mane, grabs it and pulls. As he does the entire wall slides open. From the design, it looks to be how one would change aspects of the machinery below them - a maintenance hatch of sorts - for a machine long dead by the dust on it. Inside this unused space is a patchwork quilt of dog like ears. They are preserved well and have the feel and smell of leather. The monstrous thing, made of solely ears, is over four feet wide, two feet high, though it is not square. Mane doesn't have to touch it; the residual traces of the killer's psyche seem to cry out for this leather quilt. And each of the ears has a number branded into it. There are hundreds of them. Mane has no doubt the killer could probably replay every kill in his mind, and would likely zoom in with the rifle's scope to read the numbers branded on each ear.

Jericho and Karl also intuit the meaning of the quilt. Jericho is struck by the sheer ingenuity of it. Then it occurs to him - did the killer implant a suggestion in the workers' mind simply so they would stop trying to work where he'd chosen to hide his prize? A quick check of the records bears this out. Such a subtle use of his powers. As Karl looks at the grotesque thing, his analytical mind immediately tries to figure out how many ears this thing is made from and he realizes the number required would number over a thousand! If that is right, the number of victims this guy has taken is simply mind boggling. As Culter looks at the blanket, out of morbid curiousity rather than anything specific, it occurs to him that someone with a photographic memory would be able to relive entire fights or torture sessions with the impressions given be these items. While they are not sewed in any particular pattern, there is definitely a starting point.

Egan finds no signs of tampering. Indeed, the bike seems very unmodified - something kept strictly as a disposable escape vehicle. He finds no sign something was brought onto the dock either. Something left the dock, but if so either the water has refrozen, or it never broke the ice - a hovercraft, or maybe a levitating boat? Or a submerisble. He finds no tracks leaving or suggesting a jet pack was used. When Drum arrives, he finds nothing of particular note with a simple look about. He'd not have found Egan had it not been for the IFF markers.

As they gather up everything for transport back, the security forces announce they are leaving and ask if the group is done with its investigation.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 11 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 7



CS High Command wrote:Egan finds no signs of tampering. Indeed, the bike seems very unmodified - something kept strictly as a disposable escape vehicle. He finds no sign something was brought onto the dock either. Something left the dock, but if so either the water has refrozen, or it never broke the ice - a hovercraft, or maybe a levitating boat? Or a submersible. He finds no tracks leaving or suggesting a jet pack was used. When Drum arrives, he finds nothing of particular note with a simple look about. He'd not have found Egan had it not been for the IFF markers.


"This storming is really coming in hard." Drum says to Egan after finally finding him on the dock. "Let me check this bike out."

The salvage expert take a few minutes to check the bike out.

Electronics: Basic 55% vs 1d100 = 78 | Fail
Basic Mechanics: 55% vs 1d100 = 15 | Pass
Recognize Salvage and Quality 70% vs 1d100 = 80 | Fail

After checking out the hover bike, Drum crouches down on the edge of the dock. Not worried about the cold he reaches in and under the dock into the ice and water with his bionic arm sweeping the area for anything that might be hidden (a dangling bag of supplies for example). Maybe he had a go bag or two waiting for him rather than having it on him.

"Well, we got a bike from those scavengers earlier, should we take this bike with us back to base?" Drum asks Egan.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby CS High Command » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 pm

GM Mini-post:

The only thing Drum finds are a pair of buoys with what look like heaters and breakaway cables that once attached them to something. Judging by the ice on those cables, they were exposed to the open air, but the buoys kept the water near them from freezing over - likely to keep something from being frozen in by the ice. To Drum's mind, this suggests some sort of aquatic vehicle. He then remembers something Mane was raving about as he left....the guy seeing black in front of him. If he was deep enough underwater, that is all he'd see. especially in this weather. So maybe a mini-sub?

Drum finds nothing of note on the hovercycle.
Image
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Jericho Jackson » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 87

JIC: 1d20 = 8
1d100 = 36

Alias: Abernathy/Badger

When the wall slides open, and Jericho sees the quilt of dog-boy ears, he is at once intrigued and disgusted.

His kills. Laid out so he can easily relive any one of them.

He surveys the work of monstrous ingenuity with equal measures of disgust and admiration. The ears - carefully preserved. Wilderness Survival training. He knows how to tan leather. The numbers, all visible at a glance. No need to even handle it - the numbers are the keepsakes. Each number, unique. A dim thought flashes in his mind - The CS gives us all numbers too, - but it's gone as soon as it's thought.

The implications come quickly. "We need to pack this up. He's going to want this back, and now ...it's bait. Wherever it goes - he's going to show up and bring hell to try to get it back. If not immediately then eventually. He's not going to want to start a new one from scratch."

"He's also going to know that we're using it as bait. So he's gonna come at us sideways - find an avenue of attack we won't expect. Draw us out, and take it while we're distracted."

We weren't particularly strategic today - in the future, if we want to win, we're going to have to be. We surprised him tody... because we were hunting him. We won't get that luxury a second time.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:35 pm

Perception Skill: 58% 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d100 = 71 1d20 = 4

Karl makes a bit of a face at the somewhat grizzly discovery "Well, I'm starting to wonder if it was those bandit mercs that shot us down or if he did..." he remarks with a frown. Certainly it would fit his MO for picking on dogboys.. Karl wasn't -too- fond of them either, or, well, not exactly. Caesar and Mane though had kind of softened him on the matter of CS mutants though. Still, looking over the blanket of cured ears was more to him like looking to one made out of pet's ears than say, one made of people. Still he considered it as a product of a considerably disturbed mind. "I almost think we should burn it..." Karl admits "Though I suppose we'd best catalogue all this stuff for command and make a note of all the numbers. I'm guessing if they can trace it down to each dogboy he's killed or been involved in killing.... well. From there they can figure out where he's been and maybe build a pattern of his movements, motivations and what ever else the spooks manage to eerily dig up about a person." he bit back the slight desire to suggest Mane do it, since he really, really didn't want to do it himself, but that, he knew deep down, was a really asshole thing to do. "I'll uh... do that I guess." he says, clearly not liking the idea but not willing to try to volunteer anyone else for the task.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Mane » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 5

Mane's eyes took in the grizzly sight... the quilt of hundres of ears form the many victims of The Sadist. Instantly his thoughts reflected back on himself and how he carried himself in the past years of his short life. In particular, the trophies he had taken from his own victims. An image flashed in front of his mind's eye of the Kitanni head he took and taxadermied into a keepsake. The pool of blood he reduced a juicer to during his therapy that he wanted to take a picture of because it struck him as such magnificent art. All the other preserved pieces of flesh and gore that he took over the years to sate his insanity. All the hours he spent piecing together a collection of horrors that he cassually called memorbilia.

Sewing (90% base) 1d100 = 46
Leather Working (90% base) 1d100 = 14
Skin & Prepare Animal Hides (75%) 1d100 = 68


With new eyes he looked at the quilt that represented a mangerie of horrors that The Sadist surely used to relive every moment of vivid torture and horrific murder. And all at once he struck the battle cat right in the heart. Oh my God!! I'M A MONSTER!!!!

The hulking mutant lion staggered back from the image before him, confronted with his own nefariousness. His guts churned and recoiled at the overwelming dispicable show before his eyes and in his own head. Suddenly the mere smell of leather in the air sickened him. Mane turned and conveniently found the window. With flick of his wrist he flung it open (if it was closed) and with projectile force, Mane let loose a stream of vomit the likes of which one might expect in a demonic exorcist. The force and strain of his violent puke strained and cracked his back as he contorted in sick, loosing everthing he had all the way down to his toes. Beifely in hind sight, a stray thought passed through his head. I hope no one was down below on the street.

Having regained a small semblance of his senses, Mane's ears picked up on what was being said as the team weighed their options as what too do with the greusome quilt. After Karl spoke, Mane instantly spoke up in agreement to the first thing his human teammate suggested. "Burn it!! Burn that desgusting thing and let those dogs rest in peace once and for all! I'd rather die than let that piece of shit have a chance to lay his grubby hands on that thing ever again!"
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:53 am

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 54
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 19

Egan found himself staring out over the frozen water as he waited for Drum to get to his location. His mind was distracted by the myriad of blues, greens, and purple colors swirling before his vision as the storm broke in earnest. The wind whipped through the area tugging on his long coat making it seem as if he was all alone in the world with nothing more than the howl of the wind and cracking of his trailing coat.
Drummond Leighton wrote:"This storming is really coming in hard." Drum says to Egan after finally finding him on the dock. "Let me check this bike out."
A grunt in reply was all that the scout managed to get out as he continued his viewing of the frozen lake being hidden behind the falling snow. -I always hated this time as a kid. When the storms would roll in and make me fear if I would even manage to see the next morning.- A smile crept across his face, hidden behind the facemask that was keeping him warm against natures fury. -Ahh, but how I loved the time after the storms had past. The silence....or maybe it was the stillness of everything, that almost magical moment where time seemed to stand still when he emerged from his shelter and looked out over the changed landscape buried in fresh snow. I'd like to experience that again.-

Turning towards the borg as he went about looking over the bike and then like him looking at the re-freezing hole in the ice, Egan switches over to a point to point transmission before speaking. "It looks like he went under water for his next mode of escaping. I can't think of any craft that might fit the bill, but then again I'm not one for water."
Drummond Leighton wrote:"Well, we got a bike from those scavengers earlier, should we take this bike with us back to base?" Drum asks Egan.
Egan finds himself nodding before actually responding verbally "Yeah, I know its probably just a common craft type for the cold weather, but for some reason I'm wondering if they aren't related beyond that." As they start making their way back to the group, Egan switches over to the group band:
"Hender and Blackwood RTB with first mode of escape."
After a moment of them traveling back Egan switches back over to the point to point channel before asking, "Have you ever enjoyed silence?"
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Culter » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am

JiC: 1d100 = 79 / 1d20 = 13
Perception [44% (+25% Electrical Anomalies, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Undercover | +10% Recognize Suspicious Activity)]: 1d100 = 11

Lore, Psychics and Psionics [40%]: 1d100 = 19 (Safe means of reading the blanket, supporting psionics to help mitigate potential backlash)

[Catching up...]

Damn it all. This man breathes operational security and likely has had professional training in espionage, assassinations and or torture. This is no small-timer. And I connected with his mind; he didn't like that one bit. I suspect he'll be ready for me next time, or target me anyways. Good, better me than my allies. I can handle it. Culter thinks as he regards the ear-made blanket in disgust.

"I'd advise against burning this, as disgusting as it may be. The presence of psychic auras is strong, and likely has the imprint of crippling psychic impressions of torture sessions or fights... or worse. Not that we should attempt to read it, but there is a definite starting point to the pattern here; the first one. If we have the means to safely read this object, without risking the reader, I'd say we give it a try before destroying it." Culter remarks on the blanket blankly, in morbid shock at the level of sociopath behavior.

Remembering that he was able to connect and attack the mind of this delphi, he scowls, I had the chance to melt this bastard's mind and I missed it. Next time I find him, I'll hit him with a Neuro-Strike so hard his brain will ooze out of his ears. Culter thinks to himself as he clenches a fish before adding to the others. "Seeing as how I was able to actually connect and jar this sociopath's brain; I expect the next time we cross paths, I'll be a target. It doesn't matter who or what he possesses, once I find the anchor, I can target the source and he knows that now. I've gleaned more on his origin as a delphi, but it doesn't really help us find him. Though, he may find us." Culter finishes.

He'll release an inaudible sigh from within his armor and lower his eyes. I hate it when these bastards get away; he could've been the reason my charges were killed. Those dog-boys I was with showed real promise and they're gone; and this guy seems to have it out for them.

He'll return to the truck and be ready to head back when everyone else is.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby James Howlett » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 58
Conditions: None, applicable.



James is both surprised and unsurprised by the discovery of the "Blanket". Certainly did not expect him to leave that behind. James thinks as he looks to the others overhearing their reactions to the item. "Pack it up, It goes to the brass, along with everything else." James says in such a tone, that his team doesn't get confused. "Rally, and make way to base. We are done here." James orders over the radio.

This day has been one for the books. I wonder what the spooks in Psi-Bat will think of this little artifact? James muses as he steps out of the office and back into the blizzard. James pulls a cigarette from his pocket and lights it with one of his bionic fingers, taking a long drag off of it and exhaling. He's going to be a problem in the future, I do not doubt that, but I guess for now, it is done. James thinks as he takes another drag from his cigarette, before flicking the half smoked butt into the snow. James changes his frequencies to only command individuals (Jericho and Egan). "This went pear shaped, but I don't know if we could have done better. While we had gathered as much information as I thought possible, obviously there was information we did not anticipate. Let us get moving and get this back to the researchers, I am sure we will have a new mission shortly." James says quietly.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:54 am

*Rolls Carried*

Karl finds himself, first shocked by the Mane's reaction, and then somewhat taken a back by the stern order to preserve the blasted thing. He -almost- wanted to rebel against such an order, but he was too dedicated a soldier to ever really go through with such a thing. "Yes sir.' comes a dull no nonsense response over the radio.

Karl didn't like it, but he none the less just set about carefully packing it, being sure to use some gloves he could dispose of and not miss later. And probably wrapped up in something one didn't care about keeping either. He glances a bit at Mane again wondering. Of all the people to throw up, I wouldn't have thought it would be that psycho. Turns out even he has his limits... chalk one mark in the 'reasons to like Mane' box Karl didn't expect. Probably rough on him too, the psychic presence left by something like this must be....ya no let's not think about that. The man knew that one could read all kinds of things off of something with psi powers, as a Psi user himself, and he knew that Dogboys and their feline counterparts were made to sense and 'sniff out' magic and psionics. So he could only imagine, (Without wanting to) what it might be like for someone like Mane.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:10 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

James Howlett wrote:"This went pear shaped, but I don't know if we could have done better. While we had gathered as much information as I thought possible, obviously there was information we did not anticipate. Let us get moving and get this back to the researchers, I am sure we will have a new mission shortly." James says quietly.
Switching Frequency Egan gives the Doc a response sub-vocally: "I know we have, in the past, pulled off some incredible feats. Getting this close to a spook in a couple of days is impressive. I know it can take years of carefully planning trying to dig out ticks not as skilled." Egan glances back towards the lake and their escaping quarry, but all he sees is white. "Still sucks though..."
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:47 am

(Rolls carried over)

James Howlett wrote:"This went pear shaped, but I don't know if we could have done better. While we had gathered as much information as I thought possible, obviously there was information we did not anticipate. Let us get moving and get this back to the researchers, I am sure we will have a new mission shortly."


Jericho replies, "Not bad, for pear-shaped. I've seen and been in a lot worse."
Last edited by Jericho Jackson on Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Drummond Leighton » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:49 am

(rolls carried)

Egan Grey wrote:After a moment of them traveling back Egan switches back over to the point to point channel before asking, "Have you ever enjoyed silence?"


Drum is silent himself for a minute before answering, "I do, but probably not the way you mean." The cyborg moves his arm to encompass the area they are in.

He brings up a bionic hand and clunks his chest, "Before this, I think I took sound for granted, the sound of music, voices, laughter. And after the accident while waiting for surgery, the only sense I really had was hearing. My eyes were gone from the blast, and I was so drugged up for the pain, I couldn't feel. The respirator over my face blocked any sense of taste or smell other than something faintly metallic."

"I was left alone, I'd here a random beep from equipment, a foot step, but otherwise nothing else. Now, I am grateful that I still have my own organic ears, it's a real worry for when I go for additional augmentation that it will make me question my ability to appreciate music will be lost."

"It's never completely silent for me, now. There's a constant hum from my own body even when standing still from the internal gyroscope that controls balance, it's quiet to be sure, more of a vibration. The motion of my body makes it's own music. I look for the beat everywhere I go. You can't find the beat without a little bit of silence. So yeah, I enjoy the silence in anticipation of what will happen next."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:31 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Drummond Leighton wrote:"I do, but probably not the way you mean." The cyborg moves his arm to encompass the area they are in.

He brings up a bionic hand and clunks his chest, "Before this, I think I took sound for granted, the sound of music, voices, laughter. And after the accident while waiting for surgery, the only sense I really had was hearing. My eyes were gone from the blast, and I was so drugged up for the pain, I couldn't feel. The respirator over my face blocked any sense of taste or smell other than something faintly metallic."

"I was left alone, I'd here a random beep from equipment, a foot step, but otherwise nothing else. Now, I am grateful that I still have my own organic ears, it's a real worry for when I go for additional augmentation that it will make me question my ability to appreciate music will be lost."

"It's never completely silent for me, now. There's a constant hum from my own body even when standing still from the internal gyroscope that controls balance, it's quiet to be sure, more of a vibration. The motion of my body makes it's own music. I look for the beat everywhere I go. You can't find the beat without a little bit of silence. So yeah, I enjoy the silence in anticipation of what will happen next."
Egan lets the sound of their passing fill the gap in conversation. The crunch of snow underfoot, his suits amplified hearing picking up the faint whine of servos as the combat borg moved along with him as he reflected upon the borg's response. As a gust of wind kicked up once more, a creak of leather from his coat transported the scout into the galley of a boat, it's motion creaking against the dock it was moored to.
-A heavily scarred face looked over at him with sadness in his eyes before being filled with resolve as he spoke: "Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less."-
As the winter wonderland returned, Egan found himself looking over at the borg. After a moment he spoke up once again. "Music, the only music I've really enjoyed was around the campfire. Out in the burbs, the outskirts of the outskirts mind you, it was a random guitar, maybe some makeshift drums, and some small metallic box they'd run across their lips. Once I got into the city proper, I tried listening to what they called music but that synth-pop or whatever never appealed to me. What music do you enjoy?"
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Mane » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 pm

* Prior Rolls Carries Over *

As Mane wiped some of the sick form the corners of his mouth, self-realization clutching his thoughts like a death grip vice, he caught the look in Karl's eyes examining him. At first he feared the man from afar was peering into his damamged soul, seeing him for the lesser evil he was compared to The Sadist... but an evil just the same. But then he recognized the espression on his face. It was empathy.

Empathy for the inner turmoil Mane was facing in light of this final turn of events. Perhaps it was because, as a fellow sensitive psychic, he could understand on a level the others couldn't. Perpahs Karl was literally sensing Mane's plight on a psychic empathic level (he was unsure if Karl possessed such an ability or not). Perhaps it was siimply sympathy for a teammate reaching the limits of his nerves, or being taxed well beyond his nerves into unexplored territory.

No matter, when Howlette gave his orders, to move out and retain the blanket of sins and torment, Mane's first thought was, Fuck that! That thing must be destroyed! But ultimately he lacked the strength of will to act on that impulse.

Mane was done. He had, had enough for one day... one week... the next ten years.

With a defeated shuffle, he began to slowly walk back to the warehouse, taking his time to get there. Mane was in no hurry as there was much he needed to think and dwel on. He didn't care about the blizzard, nor the cold, nor any pretty faces he might come across on his way back to base. In fact, the big cat plucked his bionic eye from its socket and tucked into his pocket. The less new information his brain took in, the better.

With his one good eye, Mane looked at Karl again and appreciated what a friend the man was becoming. "Come one, Karl. Maybe we can find a warm bar on the way back and ease a little pain."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: This Going to the Dogs Already - Operation Wrapup

Postby Karl » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:31 pm

*Rolls carried*

Mane wrote:With his one good eye, Mane looked at Karl again and appreciated what a friend the man was becoming. "Come one, Karl. Maybe we can find a warm bar on the way back and ease a little pain."


Karl was somewhat surprised by the suggestion from Mane of all people. But, he was certainly sympathetic to the huge mutant cat. "Alright, but you're buying..." he had to bite back adding 'mutie'. Karl didn't want to exactly antagonize Mane right now. Besides, to many of his fellow humans, he was no better. 'Impure' or a 'freak' for being a psychich. And he was just a minor one. Fuck it, might as well. I've never seen him loose his lunch like that over something, didn't think that was possible.
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
User avatar
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG


Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest