A Welcome Respite

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Welcome Respite

Postby CS High Command » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:30 am

A Welcome Respite
    Date: January 12, 110 PA
    Time: 0600 by end of post.
    Temp: 10° outside, a brisk 60° in the hallways and 65° in most rooms.
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Psi-Battalion Headquarters - Chi-Town; Briefing Room 2287-Delta

The group has left Hammond, riding back in the trailer that is their base away from home. They got in late lat night and went through extensive decontamination and cataloging of gear, which was then put in their squad's undercover armory. They then filed their AARs and got some sleep. Debrief is in 30 minutes with Major James Smith, the 40th SOG Company's Commander. He answers directly to Colonel Black. As such, their missions are termed as "coming from the lofty heights," given that Colonel Black is a part of High Command itself and an adviser to the Emperor himself.

For now, it's just time to get to the briefing room, eat the breakfast sandwiches provided (chicken or sausage biscuits), have your fill of coffee, tea, or juice, have one of the packzis over to the side. Standard duty uniforms is the order of the day.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: A Welcome Respite

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:20 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 4 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 53

Luckily Drum was able to get some sleep in the trailer on the way back to base. He was pretty sure he was going to be kept up most of the night with a false sense that they'd be able to sleep in. Sure enough, only after a short time they were ordered to get up and go a debrief. "Dumb ass officers," he mutters to himself as he takes a cleaning cloth to his face. If the LT or Doc heard him, he follows up, "Sorry, sir, typical grunt complaints."

He arrives in the briefing room and eats a bit of the food and waits. He waits patiently for Major Smith to arrive. He thinks to himself, I hope Doc gets to review my list of upgrade requests. I've listed just about every damn thing in the catalog, probably going to piss him off, but hopefully he'll realize how potentially under equipped I am, and that benefits are real.

When the debrief comes, Drum stays silent until called upon, answering the same questions given to the other members of the team. I pity the poor bastard who has to view all these various reports. It was boring enough just to have to sit there and say it.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Jericho Jackson » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:00 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 15

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 100

LT Jackson wakes at the usual hour, his sensor hand's clock-calendar awakening him with a gentle chime via his ear implant. Rolling out of his rack, Jericho goes about the 4 S's with military efficiency, and is soon pressed and dressed for debriefing.

Drum wrote: "Dumb ass, officers"

Jackson merely chuckles at this.

Drum wrote:"Sorry, sir, typical grunt complaints."

Without looking up, he says "You'll catch no heat from me on that."

Jackson heads to the briefing room, and surveys the breakfast food like a hungry coyote eyeing a coop of chickens. He snags a couple breakfast sandwiches - one of each - a packzi, and a cup of hot coffee, black.

He doesn't stand on protocol, and digs in while standing, so as not to drop crumbs on his pants, eating with the obvious proficiency of one who's had to do so during a field operation before. If Aunt Claire saw me eat like this she'd tell me to slow down before I choke myself. Which reminds me - I haven't written since my transfer. Gotta let her know I'm still drawing air. Hope things are all right for her in the 'burbs. Hopefully I can get her citizenship issue sorted before too long.
Last edited by Jericho Jackson on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 38/38
S.D.C.: 34/34

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    ** Hover Booster Jets (16; 4 each wing, 4 back, 2 per leg) – 10 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Karl » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:55 pm

Perception 58%: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d100 = 23 1d20 = 2

Karl perked up a bit when he saw the packzis and promptly loaded up on several "Oh man, I haven't had these since I was a kid!" he declares with undisguised enthusiasm and perhaps a touch of glee. He also grabs himself both a glass of juice, and a cup of coffee, giving him a properly 'balanced meal'. If one could call it a balanced meal... but hey, after time out in the field he was going to stuff his face with real food and not rations. Karl had likewise showered, shaved and had all that done by the morning, though, as had become his custom, the long shower had come when they'd had a chance to settle down. He glances around at the others present, just about swallowing one of the packzis' whole and chasing it down with juice. Much like Jerico he was scarfing it down fast enough to choke a horse, never knew when you had a chance. I hope we actually get some R&R in town before having to go back out. Wonder if they'll send us after the same target again or have a new mission?
Karl Madox reporting for duty!
H.P.: 26
S.D.C.: 29
ISP: 66
PPE: 11

Constant Effects: See Cybernetics

Soundtrack:
Bonnie Tyler - Holding out for a Hero
Madius (Sound the Alarm) - All I need
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Culter » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:29 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 66 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [44%]: 1d100 = 2

The way back is long for him amid the flight and keeping slightly up and ahead of the truck until they arrive. Taking the time to properly power down his armor and run a full systems check as well as helping catalog remaining gear and filing an AAR while the op was still fresh before bunking down, he has no reservations in his mind about getting what one might call a good night sleep, especially after what he saw and worse, felt. When he finally makes it back to his bunk, he checks for messages from his sister or brothers before deciding to crash. Not even taking the time to fully decloth and get in bed as he just kicks back and rests his head on his hands on his bunk; his cap over his eyes. Hope they are doing well; going to need to send a message to Samantha, Michael and Dean today. Maybe Dean or Michael can give me an update on Anthony... haven't heard from him since I got slated for Psi-Bat. His mind trails off as he finally falls asleep.

Awoken by the sound of movement, the sense of electricity flowing through the lights above him and the sound of Drum complaining about officers, he releases a long breathe as he takes his cap off and sits, rubbing his face and eyes before standing and moving to the bathroom to wash his face, then to get a drink before the briefing. He'll nod to his fellows as he passes them "Morning, gents." He says without much expectation for carried conversation. He'll grab a healthy dose of jasmine tea, a chicken sandwich and a packzis. Curious what's on the agenda today, we've still gotta track down that shit stain of a living being. Can't really afford to give him too much prep time. He thinks to himself, sitting across from Drum, near Karl who he road in with. He'll take his time with his food, unlike the others, but still finish relatively quickly as he sits in waiting for Major Smith and the rest of the team to filter in.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 5/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9; 1d100 = 96
Conditions: None that seem important at the moment.

Skills:
Wardrobe & Grooming 1d100 = 65/68% Pass (Dress to Impress; + 1 to the P.B. attribute when dressed to impress.)
Public Speaking 1d100 = 11/64% Pass (To properly convey what needs to be said to the brass.)
Psychology 1d100 = 39/74% Pass (To see the mental state of Lt. Jackson.)
Psychology 1d100 = 74/74% Pass (To see the mental state of Sgt. Madox.)
Psychology 1d100 = 27/74% Pass (To see the mental state of Pvt. Mane.)
Psychology 1d100 = 71/74% Pass (To see the mental state of PFC. Leighton.)
Psychology 1d100 = 44/74% Pass (To see the mental state of SSG. Grey.)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 71/109% Pass (Just a general sweep, with James' installed sensor systems.)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 6/104% Pass (Another general check of the radio chatter around base.)

Before The Meeting.

James' return to base is one of concern. The trip back, James considers where they may have failed in their efforts to catch the target, but he shelves those thoughts once on base, there were things to be done.

Once James was cleared to go, he made his way into his room on base and stowed the basics of his gear. All right, what do I need to do? I need to look at my schedule, and build an itinerary. I need a shower. I need to requisition a new skelebot for personal use, swap out it’s core with Aleksander’s. I need to see if Miranda is available, at least to talk. All right let’s get to work I guess. James thinks as he peels off his dirty clothes and tosses them into an awaiting laundry bag. James makes his way to the showers with a towel around his waist. Once in a hot shower, James begins to switch-task as he lets the hot water ease the aches in his few remaining human parts. James quickly goes over his awaiting emails, building a time frame for his day tomorrow. ”Debrief at oh six hundred. Drummond wants upgrades, going to have to requisition those parts. Mane want’s upgrades, going to have to requisition those. I will need to schedule time in the surgical wing to do the work, for… hmmm probably three surgeries. I’ll have to ask Miranda if they have any of those psi-dampners from Triax, those are pretty cutting edge. Will need to schedule a meeting with the command team and see where we stand, I can push that back for a day or two at least. James thinks as each note pops up in a little screen on his HUD.

James cuts off the shower and dries off, wrapping the damp towel around his waist. I should call her. James keys in Miranda’s number and calls. Knowing how late it is he’s reluctant to do this. I need to at least hear her voice.

If she answers
”Hey sorry about calling so late, but I’m back on base. I would love to find some time to get together over the next few days if possible.” James says softly, so as to not annoy her too much.

If she doesn’t answer
”Sorry about calling so late, I just got out of processing. If you have some time over the next few days I would love to get together to do something. Hope you slept well.”

James makes his way back into his room and tosses the towel into the laundry bag before finding his underclothes and getting ready to catch at least three hours of sleep.

Sleep is deep and dreamless, before being rudely awakened by his internal alarm. Groaning, James awakens and crawls out of bed around 0430. James takes his time getting ready, putting on his uniform and making sure his appearance is impeccable, before making the trip from the barracks to the meeting room. James’ HUD filled with notes, After Action Reports, and a general news reel.

At the Meeting

James steps into the room and looks around seeing a few people already there. Do any of us sleep? James thinks as he approaches his one true friend in the world, coffee. Black Solution you are my only true friend. As James pours the cup he mumbles to himself. ”Doctor, heal thyself.” Before taking a sip of the hot coffee.

James looks to the others. ”Morning everyone, did anyone get something that resembles sleep?” James asks in a joking manner. ”Leighton, your requisition list is going to be a pain in my ass, and you are going to be out of commission for almost a week if everything goes right.” James says in a parental tone to Drum. ”I do not know how much time we are going to have after this last mission, so make the most of it, get your requisitions to either Jackson or myself, before the end of today. I am going to be likely very busy rearranging Leighton’s particulars.” James says to the team as a whole, it’s an order without a doubt.

James looks at Jericho. ”Any news that hasn’t crossed my desk yet?” James asks, waiting patiently to see if there is anything. If there isn’t, James nods. ”Some good news at least, I’m booked for the next few days at best.”

James looks to Karl. ”I may have a task for you in the next day or two, if my schedule does not allow for me to take care of it.” James says quietly to the large commando turned mechanic.

Before James sits down, he makes his way to his longest surviving teammate. ”Grey, what do you hear?” James waits to see if Egan has anything to say before finding his seat, and going back to his coffee.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Karl » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm

*Rolls Carried*
James Howlett wrote:James looks to Karl. ”I may have a task for you in the next day or two, if my schedule does not allow for me to take care of it.” James says quietly to the large commando turned mechanic.

Karl gives James a thumbs up "You've got it sir, you give the word and I'll do what ever you need." he replies with somewhat chipper tone. "Oh! And uh, sir? Speaking of, I was wondering if we could see about requisitioning some basic firearm upgrades and parts. Weapon scopes, laser sights, parts to do some customized grips, maybe some workshop time so I can try to properly balance out everyone's weapons and otherwise fine tune them. Might be able to see if we can't snag some upgrades parts for the power armour and vehicles too. Possibly even see about slapping on some extra armour plating on anything you think may need it, soup up the engines, that kinda stuff."

(OOC Note: Basically I'm referencing the various upgrades for weapons and vehicles found in Rifts Mercenaries, GMG, SB1 etc)

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:22 am

GM Mini-reply
Howlett gets a custom recorded message. "Hey James, sorry I missed you. I've been working doubles lately." She gives the current date, indicating she recorded this before bed. "If you're back tomorrow, let me know and I'll be available to see you tomorrow night. If not, I'll rerecord this message instead." She lightly laughs. "I'll see you later." The message then indicates to leave a message, which James does.
(OOC: if you want to rerecord the message, just reply and change it)
James Howlett wrote:”Sorry about calling so late, I just got out of processing. If you have some time over the next few days I would love to get together to do something. Hope you slept well.”
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 21

On the way back to base Egan is in his own little world, to him he is noticing that it seems to be happening more and more frequently to those on the outside it just looks par for the course. Back on base, the scout gets his gear sorted in the armory and whats left gets dumped into his room before he grabs a quick shower and sets up to dictate his report. After he clicks off the screen he gets a little sleep before the alarm gets him back up and moving for the morning meeting.

He walks into the meeting room almost right behind the Doc, grabs a pastry and juice before sitting down and beginning the wait for the shindig to start.
James Howlett wrote:”Grey, what do you hear?”
Startled the scout stops mid bite, powdered sugar falling to the tabletop below. "A whole lot of nada here. Looking forward to a little downtime, might put in a request to head out for a couple of days if possible." comes the scouts reply before he goes back to destroying his breakfast foe. -Getting out and clearing my head would be nice, see her and maybe just get some work in with visible results again.-
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Major James Smith » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Note: Posted under Major James Smith for impact, written by CSHC.

A Welcome Respite
    Date: January 12, 110 PA
    Time: 0645 by end of post.
    Temp: 10° outside, a brisk 60° in the hallways and 65° in most rooms.
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Psi-Battalion Headquarters - Chi-Town; Briefing Room 2287-Delta

Major Smith walks in one minute to time of the briefing, taking a cup of coffee and a packzi before heading to the front. As everyone files into their seats, he begins. "First, despite the setbacks, I want to congratulate you all. While catching this guy would have been preferred, we didn't realize what we had as our problem. I was expecting a monster or a group of mercs, not a single serial killer, let alone a dominator-class-psychic-juicer-serial-killer. Preliminary DNA tests on that trophy you all found tells us he's been active from Lone Star to Iron Heart and everywhere in between for the past two years. We'll analyze everything you brought to us in exhaustive detail. I have no doubts I'll have a future mission where we take this joker down and get some real payback."

"I'll get with Captain Howlett later today to give you a final time on your redeployment, but for now you've earned a few days off. Colonel Black wanted me to pass along her thanks and congratulations for a speedy end to this threat, even if only temporarily. We do have something brewing, so stick to Chi-Town, the burbs, or nearby towns for your downtime. We need to be able to recall you in less than an hour if something comes up. But after 1700 today, you have 3 days of leave. Rally here in this briefing room at 0630 on the 16th. We'll discuss any requisitions and what situations warrant your attention as a platoon and as a squad. Captain Howlett, I'll meet with you and the Lieutenant in your office at 1500 to discuss any business you have for me. Until then, if you need me, email me or call my adjutant, Captain Hale, and he'll put you in touch with me as soon as I can answer. There's a meeting of High Command later this morning, so Colonel Black and several of us will be gone for that." He looks to the crew. "For the next few hours, meet with your officers if there are any concerns, but aside from being restricted to base, your time is your own and your Captain's. Captain Howlett, I leave them in your capable hands." He gives a short salute and then offers his hand to James, shaking it.

After everyone comes to attention, as per protocol, Major Smith leaves.

GM Instructions: First, you have time to roleplay together out of combat. Good time to discuss plans, brainstorm, shoot the shit, whatever you want. Also, go to this thread for your downtime posts.
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 82

JIC: 1d20 = 16
1d100 = 93

Howlett wrote:”Morning everyone, did anyone get something that resembles sleep?”

Jackson smiles at his commander. "That I did. Slept like a baby."

Howlett wrote:”Any news that hasn’t crossed my desk yet?”

Jericho shakes his head. "Negative, sir. Quiet night, by all accounts."

Howlett wrote:”Some good news at least, I’m booked for the next few days at best.”

"Well, sir, I'll keep a weather eye out. Hopefully things stay quiet until our next deployment."

Briefing

Maj. Smith wrote:"Captain Howlett, I'll meet with you and the Lieutenant in your office at 1500 to discuss any business you have for me."

At the end of the briefing, Jericho will circle the room, to let each squadmate know if they have any issues for command, to let him know.

"Hey - congrats on the job well done. I know I'm new to the unit, but hey - let me know if you've got anything I need to take to the brass. If it's not stupid or insane, I'll bring it up." He chuckles. He repeats some variation of this to each member of the 40-4th.

Post-Briefing

Jericho hangs around in the briefing room as the others filter out, in case anyone has any agenda items for him. He lounges on a chair, his feet on the chair in front of him, nursing a lukewarm cup of coffe as he waits.

This... well, so far... is a much better posting than my last. This crew is top-notch. They really seem to know their shit. Much better than polishing a chair. Hopefully I won't make a mess of it like I've done in the past... getting captured, getting desked. Need to make something of this. Of myself.

If anyone approaches, he drops his feet to the floor and smiles. What can I do for ya?"[/b]

Once everyone has left, Jericho goes back to his rack and packs for leave. [i]No use for civvies on this leave - especially if we might have to report within an hour. But... Mom should be moving into her new digs if all the arrangements came through, so at least I can help her with the heaviest stuff.

Command meeting

At 1500 hours, LT Jackson makes himself available at CPT Howlett's office for the command meeting. He knocks on Howlett's door.

"Captain? Reporting as ordered."

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:07 am

Perception: 30% vs 1d100 = 75 (+15% vision, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 21

Not an officer, Drum stands as soon as they are dismissed, a smile on his face. Suckers! Command is for suckers! He sketches a salute to the officers and says, "Doc, thanks for not dismissing my requisition request out of hand. As soon as you are ready, I will be there."
Drummond Leighton

Postby James Howlett » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 69
Conditions: None.

Karl wrote:"You've got it sir, you give the word and I'll do what ever you need."

James nods. "Just a swap out job for one of my personal pieces of equipment. I'll get you the details as soon as the quartermaster gets back to me on the thing I requisitioned." James says with a sly smile.

Karl wrote:"Oh! And uh, sir? Speaking of, I was wondering if we could see about requisitioning some basic firearm upgrades and parts. Weapon scopes, laser sights, parts to do some customized grips, maybe some workshop time so I can try to properly balance out everyone's weapons and otherwise fine tune them. Might be able to see if we can't snag some upgrades parts for the power armour and vehicles too. Possibly even see about slapping on some extra armour plating on anything you think may need it, soup up the engines, that kinda stuff."

James nods. "Yeah just get me a list of what you need. Harass the others to see if they need anything. I'll put all the paperwork through. If I get some time, I'll see if I need anything done myself." James says jovially.

Egan Grey wrote:"A whole lot of nada here. Looking forward to a little downtime, might put in a request to head out for a couple of days if possible."

"As long as the brass gives us the go ahead, I'll approve it." James says happily to his oldest remaining squad mate.

Major James Smith wrote:"I'll get with Captain Howlett later today to give you a final time on your redeployment, but for now you've earned a few days off. Colonel Black wanted me to pass along her thanks and congratulations for a speedy end to this threat, even if only temporarily. We do have something brewing, so stick to Chi-Town, the burbs, or nearby towns for your downtime. We need to be able to recall you in less than an hour if something comes up. But after 1700 today, you have 3 days of leave. Rally here in this briefing room at 0630 on the 16th. We'll discuss any requisitions and what situations warrant your attention as a platoon and as a squad. Captain Howlett, I'll meet with you and the Lieutenant in your office at 1500 to discuss any business you have for me. Until then, if you need me, email me or call my adjutant, Captain Hale, and he'll put you in touch with me as soon as I can answer. There's a meeting of High Command later this morning, so Colonel Black and several of us will be gone for that."

James sits quietly as Major Smith goes over the news, nodding along, but in truth his mind is elsewhere. Gonna have to follow up on the Ear Taker, no doubt. Need to call Miranda back. Need to post all those requisition forms. Sigh now I have more meetings. Maybe I can pass some of this off onto Jackson, he's my liason. No, not my style, I will just have to work hard and fast.

Major James Smith wrote:"For the next few hours, meet with your officers if there are any concerns, but aside from being restricted to base, your time is your own and your Captain's. Captain Howlett, I leave them in your capable hands."

James stands, salutes and then shakes Smiths hand. "Will do sir, see you at fifteen hundred." James says politely.

Drummond wrote:"Doc, thanks for not dismissing my requisition request out of hand. As soon as you are ready, I will be there."

James nods. "Hey if I had access to them earlier in my career I likely would have done so as well. I can't guarantee you'll get everything. While I do have quite a bit of pull, it is not infinite. I'll let you know what Medical approves soon as I hear from them." James says in a fatherly way.

James looks to the collected team. "You heard the major, don not leave the base, get with your seniors to see what is happening. I will message all of you with any further details. Dismissed." James says in his I'm an officer voice, before grabbing up his coffee and making his way to his office. So much work to do.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Karl » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Perception 58%: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d100 = 23 1d20 = 2

James Howlett wrote:James nods. "Just a swap out job for one of my personal pieces of equipment. I'll get you the details as soon as the quartermaster gets back to me on the thing I requisitioned." James says with a sly smile.

James Howlett wrote: James nods. "Yeah just get me a list of what you need. Harass the others to see if they need anything. I'll put all the paperwork through. If I get some time, I'll see if I need anything done myself." James says jovially.

"You got it sir!" Karl responds cheerfully "I'll get you a list ASAP after the briefing."

James Howlett wrote:James looks to the collected team. "You heard the major, don not leave the base, get with your seniors to see what is happening. I will message all of you with any further details. Dismissed." James says in his I'm an officer voice, before grabbing up his coffee and making his way to his office. So much work to do.

Karl snaps off the expected salute before waiting for James to start heading off before looking to the others "So if you could all hit me up with a wishlist of kit you want worked on with a priority that would be great. I'm thinking of seeing if we can scrounge up some better optics, some of those Triax laser sights and some materials for me to customize your weapon grips for each of you. That'll mean taking a bit of time with each of you to find the setup that works best for each of you, maybe an hour or so per person for me to get all the proper measurements, that kind of thing." he looks over towards Egan "You'd probably benefit the most out of it but.." he looks back to everyone else "It'll be an improvement for everyone. I can also see if I can't fine tune them a bit beyond factory level for you all. I can't really promise anything just yet, but as long as I have a list to work off of I'll do my best."

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Culter » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 am

JiC: 1d100 = 19 / 1d20 = 11
Perception [44%]: 1d100 = 72

Basic Electronics[70%]: 1d100 = 46 (Help describe his requisition)
Electrical Engineer [50%]: 1d100 = 79 (Help describe his requisition)

Culter cracks his neck at the captain's comments regarding sleep as he takes another drink. Nothing quite like going to bed after ruining a psychopath's day. He ponders to himself before his lips curl into a frown at the reminder of his escape.

"Preliminary DNA tests on that trophy you all found tells us he's been active from Lone Star to Iron Heart and everywhere in between for the past two years. We'll analyze everything you brought to us in exhaustive detail. I have no doubts I'll have a future mission where we take this joker down and get some real payback."

Culter listens, intently, at this revelation with an obvious growing scowl on his face. By the time I meet this bastard again, I'll do more than mentally strike him, I'll melt his damn brain out of his body. He is why everyone fears people like me. He glances around the table to see if anyone is remotely concerned regarding the psionic threat or the fact he himself is one. Fortunately, everyone seems preoccupied with the briefing itself and their concern doesn't appear linked to him. With this mad-man loose, I've got to be buckled in for the long run; no telling how I'm being monitored, but given the situation, I'd be surprised if every I do and say wasn't being watched. He thinks to himself.

Major Smith wrote:"But after 1700 today, you have 3 days of leave. Rally here in this briefing room at 0630 on the 16th"

Excellent, maybe I'll have time to swing by and meet up with Samantha, see how she's doing and if she has any thoughts on this. Well, as much as she's cleared to know, that is. He muses before snapping to attention as Major Smith departs.

When Lt Jackson makes his rounds before they all leave, Culter nods. "I've a couple things, sir. I want to see about a requisition order being put in for a power armor that compliments some... abilities I have. I'm sure you've seen the dossier on them." He says, briefly pausing at abilities. He isn't used to being open about his psionics, but given that this is the Psi-Bat, he figures he is safe enough here. "I want to be able to better utilize them against HVTs while still being able to maximize the capabilities of the armor. My mechanical know how is limited, so I wouldn't know where to start on that front." He states, before adding. "Also, once we're cleared on leave and I iron out this requisition, I plan on heading into Chi-Town to reconnect with some family."

"So if you could all hit me up with a wishlist of kit you want worked on with a priority that would be great."

When Karl approaches, Culter nods. "Aye, I've got some kit ideas but it is major in scope. I'm not sure how feasible it is to have worked on during our leave unless we can send it back to main base and see what they think from their end. I'm looking to see my power armor modified to be more complimentary of my training as well as my abilities."

Requisition Idea
Culter is an electronic countermeasures, electronic hacker and jammer sort of support idea. He is a Zapper.

He wants the Power Armor to be modified to help him to those ends, what exactly this means we can iron out via chat or in the tinkerers thread. But advanced jamming systems, augmented countermeasures and cyber warfare suites installed in his power armor; with the ability for him to use the full scope of his powers, such as his electrical aura, without inhibiting his armors functions. Is the idea.
Corporal Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spooks) | Scythe

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 144/144 || H.P.: 21/21 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: [NG-AX15 Blue Hawk] || MDC Updated as Needed, see Gear || P.S. 28 Robotic || All the standard power armor features plus: || IR Searchlight; Range: 1,000' || Enhanced Radar; || Range: 100 miles while airborne || Enhanced Sonar; Range: 50 miles || Built-in Language Translator
|| Nightvision Optics; Range: 2,000' || Multi-Camera System; Telescopic Range: 2 miles

Carried: [NG-IR5 Ion Rifle] || Range: 2,000' | Low DMG: 2d6 MDC, High DMG: 4d6 MDC | Will default to PA weapon system and have this secured on PA
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:35 am

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 72

James Howlett wrote:"As long as the brass gives us the go ahead, I'll approve it." James says happily to his oldest remaining squad mate.
A smile and a tip of his juice cup shows his appreciation to his commanding officer as he works to finish swallowing the pastry.
Major James Smith wrote:"I'll get with Captain Howlett later today to give you a final time on your redeployment, but for now you've earned a few days off. Colonel Black wanted me to pass along her thanks and congratulations for a speedy end to this threat, even if only temporarily. We do have something brewing, so stick to Chi-Town, the burbs, or nearby towns for your downtime. We need to be able to recall you in less than an hour if something comes up. But after 1700 today, you have 3 days of leave. Rally here in this briefing room at 0630 on the 16th. We'll discuss any requisitions and what situations warrant your attention as a platoon and as a squad. Captain Howlett, I'll meet with you and the Lieutenant in your office at 1500 to discuss any business you have for me. Until then, if you need me, email me or call my adjutant, Captain Hale, and he'll put you in touch with me as soon as I can answer. There's a meeting of High Command later this morning, so Colonel Black and several of us will be gone for that." He looks to the crew. "For the next few hours, meet with your officers if there are any concerns, but aside from being restricted to base, your time is your own and your Captain's. Captain Howlett, I leave them in your capable hands."
-Shit.-
The smile that was on his face melts with the Major's words. -Guess, I'll just have to talk to her and find something else to do locally....maybe I'll check on Mable.-
Going through the motions without thought Egan hits all the marks for what a solider was expected to do at the end of the meeting.
Karl wrote:"So if you could all hit me up with a wishlist of kit you want worked on with a priority that would be great. I'm thinking of seeing if we can scrounge up some better optics, some of those Triax laser sights and some materials for me to customize your weapon grips for each of you. That'll mean taking a bit of time with each of you to find the setup that works best for each of you, maybe an hour or so per person for me to get all the proper measurements, that kind of thing." he looks over towards Egan "You'd probably benefit the most out of it but.." he looks back to everyone else "It'll be an improvement for everyone. I can also see if I can't fine tune them a bit beyond factory level for you all. I can't really promise anything just yet, but as long as I have a list to work off of I'll do my best."
"I'm not sure how much you can do for my rifle, it's pretty well setup but you can take a look and let me know."
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:54 am

((Rolls Carried Over.))

Jericho Jackson wrote:At 1500 hours, LT Jackson makes himself available at CPT Howlett's office for the command meeting. He knocks on Howlett's door.

"Captain? Reporting as ordered."

James looks up from his computer terminal. "Please have a seat, I'm sure Major Smith will be here any moment." James says before looking back to his terminal. Dozens of requisition forms splayed out on his desk, along with a half full cup of coffee. "Leighton ordered nearly the whole catalog of bionic parts. If I had flesh and blood hands, I'd likely have a major cramp right now." James says with a bit a of a smirk, hoping to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Any news?" James asks setting yet another form on the stack. Hopefully they'll allow it all and then I won't have to do this again. James thinks as he turns away from the forms to take a sip of his coffee. "Any plans for your leave?" James asks curiously.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Karl » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:29 am

Culter wrote:When Karl approaches, Culter nods. "Aye, I've got some kit ideas but it is major in scope. I'm not sure how feasible it is to have worked on during our leave unless we can send it back to main base and see what they think from their end. I'm looking to see my power armor modified to be more complimentary of my training as well as my abilities."

Karl listens to what Culter has to ask and then frowns, reaching up to rub under his chin with thumb and forefinger. "Well, that's a big order to say the least. That's going to take a whole engineering bay to pull off, not something we can do with a few days downtime. I also don't know of anything that exists that can do what you want. Well... not exactly at any rate. Give me time though and I'll think of something I'm sure. There's got to be some existing tech we can re-purpose to do what you want. Or, well, maybe not exactly what you want but..." he lets his mind drift to a few ideas "I'll think of something." he promises before turning his attention to the matter of Grey's kit.

Egan Grey wrote: "I'm not sure how much you can do for my rifle, it's pretty well setup but you can take a look and let me know."

"Well perhaps not the rifle directly itself then, but I bet you anything I can come up with some ideas. You use that JA-12, could see about setting it up to use more standardized grenades with a better option on payloads. Either trim it down to the 25mm our in house weapons tend to use, or amp it up to a 40mm that's more common for things like Wellington Industries. They make some solid grenade options from armour piercing to gas. There's some new HEX Gas stuff I've read about from one of their recent sales releases that I think could come in handy. Non standard kit though so that may take some doing. I'll run it up the chain if you think it's worthwhile and see what I can do. Maybe amp up the rifle scope you have too. All that ahhh... classified stuff we salvaged way back when you guys rescued me gave me some ideas about what's actually possible to do. Miniaturization level kind of thing. Not exactly ever going to be standard issue without some serious upgrading of our manufacturing tech but I think as a pet project, if I can get the parts and funds approved I could build something custom for you...."

Soundtrack:
MDFMK - Missing Time
Karl
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 pm

The Trip Back

Mane sat in the back of the transport, stewing in a deep mailise. If he were able to drive, that might have helped him keep his mind somewhat occupied, but with the transport team taking care of that task, he was strictly on reserve in that capacity. Which left him exactly where he didn't want to be... alone with his thoughts... his revelation... his crisis of identiy.

How could I have been so blind?!? How could I not see it before?!? The killings, the trophies, even my sick dreams! There's no two ways about it. I'm a sick piece of shit, and I probably deserve to die."

Looking down at a finger, he flexed the muscles within and extended a single claw. He then looked at the wrist of his opposite hand.

"I would be so easy... One slash staight down the center, right down the bone ought to do it. Bigger the slash, the faster I bleed out."

He stared at his naked, vulnerable wrist for ... he lost track of time. He wouldn't be able to do it here though. Doc Howlett would probaby have any damage patched up in a matter of minutes. He'd have to wait till...

WHAT AM I THINKING!! Mane thought to himself as he realized what he was scheeming. With that, the wounded battle cat sunk into an even deeper depression.

Prior to the Meeting

The incessant beeping of the alarm was murdered over an hour ago with a cassual swat by Mane. After retruning to home base, Mane went to his quarters and fell asleep immediately. Fueled by his melancholy, his slumber lasted for 14 hours. Much longer than he intended, and leaving him with much less time than he would have preferred.

In a flurry of fur and clothing, Mane dressed himself in a hurry and was out the door, running at a full tilt. He hadn't eatten a single thing since Hammond and the lack of energy was showing in his lack of coordination and speed. While he would have rather slept for another 14 hours, missing or being late to a staff meeting was tantamount to suicide.

For an all-to-brief instant Mane chuckle to himself over that considering what he was contemplating on the ride home. But the moment of dark levity was fleeting at best.

The floor of the hallway leading to confrence room 8827-Delta shook as if a rolling earthquake was moving down its length. The closer Mane got to the room, the faster he ran with each footfall pounding the floor with sisemic force. He prayed he wasn't too late as panic began to overtake his thoughts.

But then he saw his lifeline and grace from God. He spied the back of Major Smith's head just as he was entering the room! I'm not too late!

Mane's sprint slowed to a fast jog, allowing his bare feet to soften and slience his approach. No longer the embodiment of a tremmor, the big cat worked his way into the room right behind Major Smith, catching the door before it's air-spring could close in his wake. Hoping to avoid further disgrace, Mane slinked his way to a corner and silently sat down, hoping the others didn't notice his gross tardiness.

The Meeting

As the briefing began, Mane once more found his thoughts drifing to places he didn't want them to go. However, his interest was piqued when Smith brought up something about The Sadist.

Culter wrote:
"Preliminary DNA tests on that trophy you all found tells us he's been active from Lone Star to Iron Heart and everywhere in between for the past two years. We'll analyze everything you brought to us in exhaustive detail. I have no doubts I'll have a future mission where we take this joker down and get some real payback."

Culter listens, intently, at this revelation with an obvious growing scowl on his face. By the time I meet this bastard again, I'll do more than mentally strike him, I'll melt his damn brain out of his body. He is why everyone fears people like me. He glances around the table to see if anyone is remotely concerned regarding the psionic threat or the fact he himself is one. Fortunately, everyone seems preoccupied with the briefing itself and their concern doesn't appear linked to him.

Mane's hunter's eye caught Culter's scan and inexplicably feigned interest in the rest of the meeting. He hoped that look of wrath in his eye wasn't about him. He suddenly felt a chill run up his spine. What if it was. What could he do against a spoon bender of Culter's caliber? The Sadist surely showed him that muscle and brute force are no match against the powers of a dominator class psi! And with that though, Mane's thoughts drifted once more into the dark recesses of his stupor.

When the meeting was over and he was free to go, Mane knew he needed to talk things over with the only person he trusted to hear his feelings and offer sound advice on how to deal with being a bona fied monster, yet suddenly having too much conscience to live with that; Gradpa Givens, A.K.A. Doctor Major Jared Givens.
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Let It Be

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am

(rolls carried over)

Culter wrote:"I've a couple things, sir. I want to see about a requisition order being put in for a power armor that compliments some... abilities I have. I'm sure you've seen the dossier on them. I want to be able to better utilize them against HVTs while still being able to maximize the capabilities of the armor. My mechanical know how is limited, so I wouldn't know where to start on that front. Also, once we're cleared on leave and I iron out this requisition, I plan on heading into Chi-Town to reconnect with some family."

Jackson smiles as his teammate outlines his request. "I've technically... seen your dossier, yes." He smiles. I've read it, too, but let's keep things lighthearted with a joke. "I have no problem with your requisition, and I'll pass it up the chain. I gotta go into Chi-Town myself, help my Aunt move in to her new digs. Enjoy your leave."

Howlett wrote:"Any news?"

Jackson nods briefly. "Culter has a requisition in for some ability-enhancing gear. A PA suit. Told him I'd send it up the chain. I know some soldiers don't go in for spoonbenders and the like but as long as they're on my side, I say fair's fair. And Culter seems like good people."

Howlett wrote:"Any plans for your leave?"

Jackson nods. "My Aunt Claire just got moved into Chi-Town, and I'll be heading in to help her unpack and set up house. So... this leave couldn't have come at a better time. I ...didn't do that great a job selling her on it - she liked the 'burbs - but this'll give me a chance to do some of the heavy lifting, unpacking-wise, and show her some good places to eat and whatnot near her place."

NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
M.D.C. by Location:
    * Head – 80
    Arms (2) – 60 each
    *UEL Cables – 6 each
    Legs (2) – 80 each
    *Wings (2) – 32 each
    Main Body – 190
Jericho Jackson

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:50 am

((Rolls Carried Over))
Karl wrote:"Well perhaps not the rifle directly itself then, but I bet you anything I can come up with some ideas. You use that JA-12, could see about setting it up to use more standardized grenades with a better option on payloads. Either trim it down to the 25mm our in house weapons tend to use, or amp it up to a 40mm that's more common for things like Wellington Industries. They make some solid grenade options from armour piercing to gas. There's some new HEX Gas stuff I've read about from one of their recent sales releases that I think could come in handy. Non standard kit though so that may take some doing. I'll run it up the chain if you think it's worthwhile and see what I can do. Maybe amp up the rifle scope you have too. All that ahhh... classified stuff we salvaged way back when you guys rescued me gave me some ideas about what's actually possible to do. Miniaturization level kind of thing. Not exactly ever going to be standard issue without some serious upgrading of our manufacturing tech but I think as a pet project, if I can get the parts and funds approved I could build something custom for you...."
"I always forget about those grenades in the under slung launcher, speaking of, I need to run those through next chance and get some fresh munitions. The 40mm sounds interesting, but I'm assuming you'd look into a single breach loaded launcher as the replacement of the mag fed pumper on there now." with a little shrug the scout finishes his thoughts on the change. "40mm is the better option, but it will probably be used the same amount. So if you don't have anything better to do then I'm not gonna stop you from working if you want to work. I'll leave it in the armory when I take out my old gear for the time off." with a pat to the man's shoulder Egan heads towards the door. "Have a good time on leave."
You can Run....
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron