Crossed Signals

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 68 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 95

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor


Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200


Drum had been in the process of raising the rail gun under the baby bear's chin when the particle blast from Egan hit it in the forehead. Drun lets go of the monster's neck with his other hand to let it fall to the ground. He had only begun looking for another target before the battle was suddenly over.

The cyborg turns to wave a thank you over to Egan but sees that he has already turned around and begun walking away. Thanks, Drum thinks to himself. That guy is in the zone. Seeing Culter rush over to the dog girl to check her out, he turns back towards his bear. He puts the C-200 into it's clamp to free his hands. He reaches down and grabs a double handful of snow and and uses it as a make-shift rag to wipe the bit of gore on his face plate and upper body. Dropping the reddened snow. He triggers the particle beam cannon in his left arm, the housing in his arm clicks open as the barrel protrudes. In his HUD, a new display pops up. In red letters, he sees, Control rods retracting, power nominal. He turns towards the baby bear, and fires twice at, burn an additional hole in it's body. "Just making sure." He moves forward and let's his vibro-blade slide out of his left forearm. The hum loud in the cold air and begins removing the head from the body.

He replies back to Doc's damage report. "A few claw marks on the chest plate, but no penetration. No loss of combat efficiency."

When the bear has been decapitated, he kicks it over towards the other two bears, and picks up and one of the furry arms and drags the beast towards the others. He'll behead the other two bears as well if no one else has yet along with putting a few extra particle blasts into them to make sure they are staying down.

He unclamps his C-29 at Egan's request. "Here you go Sarge," he says as he hands over the plasma cannon. He stands upwind of the burning creatures, the smell irritating his nose. "Sarge, nice job with that shot on the bear, thanks." He shakes his head, his one fully remaining sense suffering no loss from his bionic transformation, "Man, they smell bad."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Mane » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Perception (52% base); Friend or Foe Perception (90% base): 1d100 = 26
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 80

Psychic Senses:
  • Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 15
  • Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 32

Kitty Hearing:
  • Discriminate between two sounds (flat 75%): 1d100 = 58
  • Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 100
  • Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 2

After Papa Bear went down, Mane looked into his dying eyes out of a sense of old habbit. He tried to avert his curious gaze, but couldn't will himself to do so. At first the big cat was disgusted with himself. How dare he let temptation control him so easily! How dare let himself slip at the end of his first fight back on the job! You're weak! You make me sick! You're ... hu? What's that?? he mentally chastized himself, stopping when he noticed something unusual in the dying and now dead demon bear's eyes.

He thought about it for a second and it came to him...

"Demons & Monsters Lore skill check - PASS"
Lore: Demons & Monsters (80% base) 1d100 = 9


James Howlett wrote:James looks around, and stops roughly in the center of the group. "Damage report."


Mane took a glance down at his chest and saw the massive claw marks from Papa bear. In the heat of battle he hardly noticed. "Moderate damage, but still in the fight. ... Hey boss. About that bear thing. I think it was just an ordinary bear, but was posessed by some demon... making it... that. If we come across any more, we might want to try exorcise it like a bad spirit. Does any one on the team have that power?"

James Howlett wrote:James says matter of factly. "Olive you're with Mane, he'll get you up to speed. ...


While Egan got to work with his weenie roast, Mane apparoched the wayward doggirl. With an almost sideways head and a scrutinizing eye, he looked her over head to toe and back again. He then took a closer look at her rank insignia and sighed almost impatiently.

"Well, at least you don't outrank me. ... Come on. It's not getting any warmer out here. .... We're en route to a village called Londesborough. As you probably guessed, there's demon activity in the area and we're checking it out. So if you see a demon, kill it. If it's too big for you, don't worry. I'll mostly likely already be in the process of killing it myselff. If you see a friendly, don't kill it. If the friendly beccomes decidedly unfriendly, kill it. If for some reason the boss says don't kill it, don't kill it. ... That's pretty much all you need to know."

Unthinkingly Mane licked the demon bear blood off his black steel-shredding claws. Just one lick before he caught himself and stopped. Visibly flustered with himself, the hukling cat began to stomp away through the snow. Eager to get under way.

He then flipped on his cybernetic radio. "Are we there yet?!? All this snow is really bringing me down."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
User avatar
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Location: CS 110th - PC

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Olive » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:55 am

(( Rolls carried ))

Wilderness Survival: 1d100 = 40/55% - To determine the direction which she had come from, where the other two bears likely were.

She listens to the others speak, not able to identify their chain of command, given the strange composition of the unit, but keeping up as casual ranks were used as identifies, and by the cat getting in her face and revealing that they shared a rank, which wasn't surprising to her in the least. Her ears flatten and she holds back a growl, even if she can't help baring her teeth for a moment, as the battle cat approaches her, listening obediently as he gives her the absolute basics, to the situation she found herself, hardly considering it being brought up to speed. Figures a cat wouldn't care enough to know all the details, she thought, hardly noting his flustered demeanor as he turned away from her. His impatient call on the radio, however, only strengthened her thoughts on the matter.

Still, she had been given an order, and intended on doing as the humans had asked of her. She was told to fall in with Mane, and so she did, ears alert and searching for sound, the infrequent sniff of her nose as she searches with her own particular set of senses for anything amiss.

As the seeming Death Knight, as far as she could tell, questioned her, she tried to recall in her panic the general direction she had come from, leaning her head to see if she could find her tracks, still fresh in the snow from her run. She takes a hand off of her gun, leaning it on her shoulder as she speaks, making sure her words were broadcast over the radio for the entire team to hear, "I came from through those trees. We were attacked several days ago, I've been running since. Damn things were persistent, we must have come at least dozens, maybe a hundred or so miles from where my squad was taken out until reaching you."
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
User avatar
Olive
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:50 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))
Drummond Leighton wrote:"Here you go Sarge," he says as he hands over the plasma cannon. He stands upwind of the burning creatures, the smell irritating his nose. "Sarge, nice job with that shot on the bear, thanks." He shakes his head, his one fully remaining sense suffering no loss from his bionic transformation, "Man, they smell bad."
"Thanks." says the scout as he takes the offered weapon and begins the cleansing of the area. The periodic whoosh of super heated plasma stops when Drum thanks him. The sizzle and pops of melting fat and burning hair accompany the oily black smoke that pours from the corpses as he responds. "If you three hadn't been so good at blunting the charge it could have easily been a different story. I'm happy to help, but I'm sitting in a rig that was purpose built to stand toe to toe yet I'm still shooting from range....so thank you." He chuckles softly when Drum mentions the smell. "I bet, never been happier to be breathing canned air." With the deed finally done, Egan disconnects and hands back the still fully charged C-29 to Drum.
Olive wrote:"I came from through those trees. We were attacked several days ago, I've been running since. Damn things were persistent, we must have come at least dozens, maybe a hundred or so miles from where my squad was taken out until reaching you."
The silent and emotionless skull headed face plate seemed to stare at Olive after her explanation over the teams band. -That would explain why these are so far away from where they are normally seen. But that also means that we could have two more track us down at some point in the future. And we won't be able to properly take care of the fallen. Fuck. Days of panic and running, I'm surprised she's still on her feet...- The armor finally begins to move again, a arm rummaging in the belt for a moment before pulling out a power bar and handing it over as he speaks from his heart, "I'm sorry that you went through that, losing good people is never easy."
Last edited by Egan Grey on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:24 am

JiC: 1d100 = 36 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [49% [+25% on rolls involving electrical anomalies, devices, etc | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy in Disguise]]: 1d100 = 45

"No Damage to report, suit augmentations holding strong." Culter responds to the damage report request.

Culter will move from Olive after James gives her direction and examine the corpses with Egan, with the realization that they will rise without being beheaded and burned. Largely solitary monsters, hopefully that means there isn't more rummaging about. He muses. He's brought back by Egan's voice mentioning how south they are. Culter doesn't have a weapon that'll work but he does help Egan in setting them up to be burnt and uses his own bayonet and robotic strength to remove their heads. I need to get a plasma blade for the future for proper destruction of demonic corpses.

Culter prepares to move and listens to the others, specifically Olive as she recounts her event.
Olive wrote:"I came from through those trees. We were attacked several days ago, I've been running since. Damn things were persistent, we must have come at least dozens, maybe a hundred or so miles from where my squad was taken out until reaching you."

Holy shit, a hundred miles running from those fiends? Girl's got spunk, that type of endurance and dedication would certainly help us here. Culter thinks to himself. "You're in good company now; good on you for making it this far. I've no doubt that it was a rough run, and I'm sorry for your squad." Culter says, the last line reminiscent of his own friends and allies that've died over the years. He may be young and a relatively low rank, but he's seen his share of death as well.

Barring anything else, Culter will be ready to move out again, assuming one of the flanks and watching for other threats. "Those demonic bears, they are usually lone or small pack hunters, with those packs averaging around 5 or 6. We could have more to deal with, and they are intelligent enough to stalk us and attack when our guard is lowered, keep a watchful eye." Culter will inform the others as they prepare to move; he'll stay on the ground, wings folded in.

Skills;
Read Sensory Equipment [50%]: 1d100 = 35 (Monitor Sensors, flip between imaging, sweep sectors)
Electronic Countermeasures [60%]: 1d100 = 5 (Watch for anomalous radio or electrical signals. Prevent any jamming.)
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 37 (Watch (and listen) for points of ambush or things out of place in the environment)
Lore, Demons and Monsters [45%]: 1d100 = 28 (Remember all he can about the demons and monsters that may occupy this region in preparation for future engagements.)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:10 am

Perception Bonus: 39%/ 51% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 88

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 15

Jericho watches as the team sets about doing clean-up - decapitating and burning the demon bears heads, integrating with the rescued dog-girl, and generally checking each others well-being - with practiced efficiency. Good team... they don't need explicit orders for the most part. That's outstanding.

For his part, while the 40-4th gets to work, Jericho paces the perimeter, keeping an eye out for other disturbances until the team gets moving again.

Howlett wrote:Sergeant Grey, find me a path please


I guess I'm no longer on navigation duty.

He taps Grey on the shoulder, and points in the general direction of the target. "It's that way - I didn't spot any major obstacles from the air but the tree growth is thick. A lot of evergreen."

As the bears burn, he approaches Olive. "When was the last time you ate anything?" He hands her an MRE pack. "We have some distance yet to our destination - keep your strength up."

After the bear heads are fully incinerated, he falls in with the rest of the group for the long, slow slog through the snow and underbrush.
Last edited by Jericho Jackson on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 1430 by end of post.
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None within 5 miles.
    Location: Near the village Londesborough

The last few days (even Olive wasn't really sure, though later it would be revealed it was three days) had been hellish, but fear and risk of death aside, not the worst she'd ever endured. Say what you will for the politics of the C.S. (not that Olive would ever do that), but their training is among the most effective of all modern militaries. Hell Week is a common occurance for nearly every recon and commando soldier in the Coalition. Those who get specialized Special Forces training laugh at the concept of a week - theirs lasts a month or more. The precise length varies with how well the special forces types complete their many missions.

For Olive it was a week and half because their training supervisor was a veteran of long range patrols and was tired of psi-hounds who fell over exhausted in the field. She had spent a day getting into position and 6 days on the run with three twenty minute naps a day and live fire incoming to keep her on her toes. The basic drill was to have each platoon of dogboys be the prey for another company that would be given full gear and permission to wound the pups. Olive had escaped serious injury and her squad had managed to catch a whole hour of sleep on a few days due to their skill and luck. That luck and experience had served her well on the run from the bears, allowing her to catch about 4 hours of sleep on the second day. She'd had no such luck this day and judging by the way points in her visor, it would be hours more before she got any rest today. Replacing the nose covering and sealing up her armor cut her off from the scents outside, but it also cut her off from the smell of burning flesh for a few minutes, allowing her to breath normally.

Culter has no issue doing a remote update of her armor's software to allow her to communicate, though he does have to pass an authorization request to to both officers (which requires them to input codes they both know by heart) to get her fully integrated. Such details are normally trivial, but require going to each man in turn. Thankfully Jackson had come over to check on their rescued dogboy, but the two had to track down Howlett - who was looking at something his skelebot was holding. The pop-up requiring their input reads "Security Clearance not sufficient, enter authorized codes to raise security clearance." Both raise her security clearance to the bare minimum required for her to complete her task. As Olive looks around she begins seeing the actual ranks and names showing up on her IFF display, as well as the unit designation. "40-4 [Revenants]."

The group holds the course to get into town and managed to avoid any serious issues, but all of them are sore and tired of threading through the thick trees and the uneven snow covered forest floor. Olive in particular is feeling the fatigue of the past few days as the squad breaks out of the woods and onto a tended forest cart path that quickly leads them to where they can see a small village in the distance. There are three larger buildings - a larger building one can assume is the town hall, a medium sized building marked with the sign of a general store, and a large barns that obviously hold goods to be sold or traded that are too large to simply carry into the store. It seems to be attached to the General Store. There is one street that winds through the town, and a dozen or so houses, plus another dozen farms spread out in typical haphazard fashion around this village core. There seems to be an ongoing effort to clear more forest away from the edge of town - slowly but surely.

According to the last estimates, the town has around 300 souls and only a few vagrant d-bees used mostly as labor. Given this is the norm out on the frontier, the CS patrols don't make too much of a fuss about it. The town's leader is Mayor Zack Emmis. The store is run by Mel Yonki. According to reports, he likes it when CS soldiers trade in his store and tries to encourage them to supplement their food with food products from the town. This represents the sole CS outreach to the town. The fact is, the little town is too far out of the way to be given any real protection or trade, so there is no prohibition against the practice. Standard precautions are taken - as with any non-standard issue food source, but in the past his food has been safe.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 am

Perception Bonus: 42%/ 54% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 43

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 4

As the group proceeds tot he target location, Jackson hangs back and watches the new doggirl, reasoning she's been on the run for a long time, and so must be weary. He watches to make sure she doesn't pass out or collapse, ready to render aid if that happens. He does not, however, offer aid that's unasked for.

She's no helpless child - she's a CS-trained doggirl. As much a soldier as any one of us.

If he sees her verve flagging, he makes small talk.

"So... Olive? Good job outrunning those demonbears for so long. Couldn't have been easy. I took Demon Hunter advanced training, and I know these things have some freaky kinda hate-based endurance. They can go unflagging for ages, and seem never to tire. Sorry about your unit... losing them all is... it's gonna be real hard, I'm not gonna lie. I'm here if you need an ear, private. Don't stand on ceremony."

He continues to march by her side to keep a watchful eye out.

When they reach the village, he breathes an inward sigh of relief. What is it about houses that puts us at ease? It's so weird.

Once they reach town, Jericho almost reflexively checks the rooftops and corners for anyone watching the group.

Surveillance 60% 1d100 = 98 (FAIL)
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Drummond Leighton » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:48 am

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 3 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 96

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor


Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200


In the rear of their small train, Drum trudges through the snow listening to Olive's story. Damn indeed, the cyborg thinks. He looks down at his rail gun. I'll keep you handy. I know my job. I'll engage them all to give the rest of the team the time needed to escape and bring the pain.


All of the skill's below are about evaluating the town and the people they come across. What seems out of place for a town in mid-winter. He'll uses his enhanced senses to look through walls thermo-graphically, and listen in on conversations.

Intelligence 70% vs 1d100 = 35 | Pass
Demon & Monster Lore 70% vs 1d100 = 15 | Pass

Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 63 | Fail
Find Contraband 54% vs 1d100 = 95 | Fail

Recognize Salvage and Quality 75% vs 1d100 = 41 | Pass

As they enter town. Drum stops about one hundred yards away from the edge of town and lets the group move on head. He then moves slowly watching his HUD and using his multi-optics and amplified hearing to get a sense of what is happening in town. He uses the distance to be able to see how any townsfolk around reach to the teams presence without his bulk raising the potential threat level. Over the encrypted channel Drum contacts Jericho, "LT, falling back to surveil the town."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:09 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 32
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 47

As the town finally came into view, Egan caught himself sighing in relief. "Town ho." -Good, I didn't get us turned around.-
As they come to the outskirts, the scout no longer keeps his weapon up and sweeping the area, instead he lowers the barrel but keeps it at the ready in case things turn south. He looks at the town for how it survives in this harsh environment, particularly how they defend themselves from any nasty wildlife that decides that it wants a tasty snack. If someone is there to greet the group Egan will stop at the edge of town and let the Doc and LT do their thing, otherwise unless stopped he continues moving into town towards the large building his head on a swivel. The scout will move past the town hall / mayor's place and stake out the road that continues on while the face's deal with the town instead.

Skill Rolls
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 68, PASS] - To try and gauge how the towns defenses are situated and their effectiveness
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 21, PASS] - To look for any group markings or codes on buildings
    [Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 53, PASS] - Running over the types of creatures that are normally in the area and that could pose a problem
    [Lore: Magic – 80%, 1d100 = 81, FAIL] - To try and ID any magical spells or casters that could be hiding or are out in the open
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize magic circles / symbols / runes – 70%, 1d100 = 1, PASS] - Looking for wards on buildings or trees and of what type
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize Enchantment – 65%, 1d100 = 47, PASS] - To try and see if anyone that is out and about is under any kind of magical control(looking into eyes)
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 3, PASS] - C.Y.A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 56, FAIL] - Running the armors sensors to try and keep track of everything around him.
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 92, FAIL] - Trying to get the optics to help with looking people in the eyes.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Olive » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 4; JiC d20: 1d20 = 19

While Olive had replaced her face-plate while the bodies of the bears were being burned, she had taken it back off only twenty minutes into their march towards the town. Even though she could see the ranks of the others on her HUD with her helmet enclosed, she memorized their ranks instead. There will be plenty of times I won't have my helmet available, she had thought as she flicked her faceplate open again, Better to know their names and ranks by heart. Who knows how long this 40-4th will keep me before finding another company to drop me off at?

Despite her fatigue, she was a good doggirl, and while she normally would have loped ahead to keep her nose at the head of the group, both due to orders and her own tiredness, she instead hung back, keeping behind the battlecat she had effectively been assigned to. She eyed the non-human cautiously, keeping her face carefully neutral, despite the distaste of being assigned to a non-human, even one of the CS's own. She much preferred to be with her human superiors, taking their orders and following through on them directly.

She pushes down the more wolfish side of her nature as they make the trudge through the forest, glad for her thick fur, letting her remain only mildly uncomfortable with her helmet off. Her panting had finally slowed, the light walk a godsend compared to the frenetic running she had been through the past few days.

Jericho Jackson wrote:"So... Olive? Good job outrunning those demonbears for so long. Couldn't have been easy. I took Demon Hunter advanced training, and I know these things have some freaky kinda hate-based endurance. They can go unflagging for ages, and seem never to tire. Sorry about your unit... losing them all is... it's gonna be real hard, I'm not gonna lie. I'm here if you need an ear, private. Don't stand on ceremony."


"Thank you," she says in response, forcing herself from adding 'sir' instinctively, scratching her muzzle with a gloved hand, "It's... I'll be fine. I'm a soldier. You lose good people sometimes, out in the wilderness." Her ears flatten as she talks, but quickly lift up again. Having a human take an interest in her well-being did wonders for her moral already, her tired steps just that much lighter. Still, she couldn't help but hope the walk wouldn't be taking too much longer, though she uses the time to double-check her equipment and gear, trusting her nose and ears to keep out for her as she focuses her eyes on her things.

As they entered the cart-track, she let out a quiet, inaudible whine of relief, the relatively smooth ground much easier on her feet than the rough forest terrain, if only by a little. Still, as they approach she slows, leaning her head up and sniffing, closing her eyes as she focuses on her nose, sifting out the scents of her companions and searching for the scents of any possible people, psychic or normal human.

And, of course, searching for the tell-tale smell of any of the supposed demonic presence in the area. If she smells anything of import at all, she will immediately relay it to the rest of the team via her radio.

Skill Rolls
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 94 / 53% - To identify problems and maintain basics on her gear now that she can relax a little and focus on that instead of running for her life.
Recognize common and strong scents: 1d100 = 7 / 76% - To identify any human smells in the area.
Track by smell: 1d100 = 27 / 48% - If she catches whiff of any humans in the area, she will try and pin down their location.
Sense Supernatural Beings: 1d100 = 86 / 66% - To try and identify any demonic presence in the area.
Track Supernatural Beings: 1d100 = 56 / (weak presence: 45%/strong presence: 76%) - To track down any demonic presence in the area that she detects.

Ranges of senses in signature for reference.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
User avatar
Olive
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:14 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 47 / 1d20 = 10
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 7

Culter finishes helping Olive get her radio and IFF tag linked to the group with Howlett and Jackson. "Alright, there ya go. You're one of us now." He says, welcomingly then returns to the way forward, leaving Jackson to do his officer thing.

Culter falls into line amid the rest of the travels. Idle conversation is usually frowned upon mid-mission, no matter the unit. He thinks to himself. He glances back to Jackson and Olive. Yup, leave it to the lieutenant. He muses, then returns his gaze to his sectors.

When reaching the town, Culter fans out and walks almost staggered column to the others on the right side of the road or pathway. Remembering his time before Special Forces, he double checks his systems and tries to maintain a watchful eye. Not all towns appreciate us, but the reports indicate most of this town is rather appreciative of our presence, if for the wrong reasons. They have D-Bees working with them here though. Need to watch for bad actors or instigators. Culter silently tells himself while scanning for ambush points, or anyone taking too much of an interest in their presence, his CM-940 at the low ready.

He'll queue his radio. "What's the plan, boss? Quick presence patrol through town then head towards our objective, or do you want to stay in town longer? Reports mention Zack Emmis as the go-to authority, and at least one store here is pretty friendly to us. Possible information source."

Skills
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 51 (Watch for points of ambush, people or places)
Read Sensory Equipment [50%]: 1d100 = 50 (Monitor his installed sensors for anomalous readings)
ID Undercover Agent [58%]: 1d100 = 58 (Watch for individuals who may seem out of place, rub him wrong, seem overly interested)
Lore, Demons and monsters [45%]: 1d100 = 23 (Demonic/Monster activity in the area, tracks, signs of their presence)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby James Howlett » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 76
Conditions: None that I can think of.
Equipment
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS Main Body 325/325
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor Main Body 100/100
DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform Main Body 15/15
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher Payload: Laser: 21/21; Grenade Launcher: 12/12
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon Payload: 8/8
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol CA-7 Payload: 21/21
CS Smoke Grenades Payload: 2/2
CS Plasma Grenade Payload: 2/2
CS Fragmentation Grenade Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenade Payload: 2/2
Skills
Command Skelebots 1d100 = 78/88% (To get Aleksander to do what I ask of him)


James looks at the sleepy little village ahead of him from the treeline. I thought it would be larger... I guess not.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"LT, falling back to surveil the town."


James nods. "Good Idea, radio if anything strange pops up." James says to Drummond.

Egan Grey wrote:"Town ho."


James nods once more. "Indeed, now to figure out what to do here. James says towards his oldest teammate.

Culter wrote:"What's the plan, boss? Quick presence patrol through town then head towards our objective, or do you want to stay in town longer? Reports mention Zack Emmis as the go-to authority, and at least one store here is pretty friendly to us. Possible information source."


James turns towards Cutler. "Good question. I half expected to find the town in ruins. My best guess of a plan at the moment is to have a few of us move into town, and pay the General Store a visit. We can gather some intel and purchase some sundries if anything seems of interest. If all seems clear we will move on, if not, well we will worry about that when we come to it I suppose." James says to his XO. "Grey take Olive on a walk north around the edge of town. Leighton you stay here and observe, Jackson you and Cutler will come with me to investigate the General store. Mane you and Aleksander take the opposite route of Grey and Olive, that should cover all our bases. Any questions?" James says as an order.

"Aleksander, go around the towns perimeter with Mane, heading south first. Look for anything suspicious. If you see something radio the team." James sends as a mental command to his assistant.

With orders given, James begins to make his way to the the village center and the General Store in general. Once there, James will dismount his PA. "You can either come in with me, or stay out here and listen over radio, the building doesn't look sturdy enough for us to be in power armor." James says to Jackson and Cutler.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 pm

[Rolls Held]

..."Jackson you and Cutler will come with me to investigate the General store"...


Culter listens to the order and nods, keeping his weapon on low ready and falling into presence-patrol-through-town mode. "No questions on my end." Culter responds. Time to see what we can see. Culter thinks to himself. He'll move to the left side the trio and go with the flow.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:00 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

James Howlett wrote:"Grey take Olive on a walk north around the edge of town...."
"You got it." Was the scout's quick reply before turning to the dog girl. "Olive, on my right. Nose out if you would." Egan starts moving north at a leisurely pace, keeping the shield and himself between the woods and Olive as much as possible. -I know the town isn't guaranteed to be friendly, but it should be safer than the forest considering her state.- As they move, Egan is constantly scanning the area, including the town, being careful to keep an eye on the haggard dog girl just in case.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Jericho Jackson » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:46 pm

(rolls carried over)

Olive wrote:"It's... I'll be fine. I'm a soldier. You lose good people sometimes, out in the wilderness."


Jericho nods. "Of course you're a soldier. That was never in question. I've lost people, and yeah, you get over it. Sometimes, talking with someone is how that happens, so just be aware that I'm available."

Howlett wrote:"Jackson you and Cutler will come with me to investigate the General store."


"Roger that. Falling in."

Jericho follows suit with Culter, and carries his weapon in the low ready position as they approach the general store. When Culter takes Howlett's left flank, Jericho takes right flank.

As they move into town, Jericho keeps his head steady, but keeps his PA radar, and his cybernetic radar detector and motion detector, active for threats. Something about the town doesn't sit right with the lieutenant, though.

"Nice town. Doesn't look touched much by all the demons running around."

They either have the firepower to stay safe - which would mean we'd have seen signs of a firefight - or the demons didn't come this way for whatever reason.

A third option occurs to him immediately thereafter, that sets his teeth on edge. Or maybe the demons came from here. Frakkin' wizards...

"Keep an eye out... I don't trust this place."

Jericho then begins to scrutinize any people he sees, on the off chance they may be possessed or tainted by supernatural evil.

Recognize Signs and Trademarks of the Demonic: 45% 1d100 = 87 (spot any demons-in-disguise or individuals bearing the taint of supernatural corruption - FAIL)
Lore: Magic--Recognize Enchantment 18% 1d100 = 40 (spot anyone who acts possessed - FAIL)
Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 25% 1d100 = 98 (spot any structures, arrangements, items or places that could be used to summon demons - such as altars or stone circles, anyone carrying gems, wands, staffs, etc., or any paving stones laid out in the shape of a permanent circle. - FAIL)
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Major James Smith » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 1445 by end of post. 15 minutes have passed
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None within 5 miles.
    Location: Near the village Londesborough




Skill Roll Results!
Jericho
  • Surveillance (checks the rooftops and corners for anyone watching the group) You see nothing out of the ordinary - that is, given you're several armed-to-the-teeth-and-power-armor-wearing CS troopers (and a 'borg) walking through a small village... you do, of course, attract a few stares, but nothing out of the ordinary or that suggests you're being tailed or watched closely
  • Recognize Signs and Trademarks of the Demonic: 45% 1d100 = 87 [Make removable] (spot any demons-in-disguise or individuals bearing the taint of supernatural corruption) No one looks to be disguised or carrying some sort of demonic/supernatural taint...
  • Lore: Magic--Recognize Enchantment 18% 1d100 = 40 [Make removable] (spot anyone who acts possessed) No one you see looks like a person possessed...
  • Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 25% 1d100 = 98 [Make removable] (spot any structures, arrangements, items or places that could be used to summon demons - such as altars or stone circles, anyone carrying gems, wands, staffs, etc., or any paving stones laid out in the shape of a permanent circle.) As you approach the General Store, you notice what appears to be some sort of brown colored wooden altar - and strewn atop it are what looks to be implements and tools of human sacrifice! However, as you get a little closer, you realize it's simply a brown wooden table with some tools on it (OOC: crit fail - had to have a little fun with it :lol: )
Drummond
  • Intelligence 70% vs 1d100 = 35 [Make removable] Nothing seems out of the ordinary for a small village... most of the inhabitants you see look like farmers or farmhands of some kind, scraping out a living.
  • Demon & Monster Lore 70% vs 1d100 = 15 [Make removable] You don't see anyone or anything that passes for any sort of monster or demon you've heard of.
  • Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 63 [Make removable] Sensors don't indicate anything unusual; mostly people going about their normal day to day business in the mid afternoon of January (i.e. most folks are bundled up a bit and not lingering in the cold without reason)
  • Find Contraband 54% vs 1d100 = 95 [Make removable] Nothing unusual jumps out at you in this village - but again, these people don't look to you like they're swimming in money and goods... more like they're scraping by.
  • Recognize Salvage and Quality 75% vs 1d100 = 41 [Make removable] There doesn't seem to be much laying around that can be salvaged. You get the impression that these folks are doing the best they can with what they have, and little goes to waste.
Egan
  • Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 68 [Make removable] Pitiful. There are virtually no defenses to speak of. With no walls, old-west style wooden buildings, and no fortified positions, you're amazed the village has survived this long, what with the rumors of demon and monster-infested wilderness around (something your team has already confirmed as fact)
  • Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 21 [Make removable] - To look for any group markings or codes on buildings You don't see anything out of the ordinary that could be gang or related to criminal/shady activities on buildings that you observe
  • Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 53 [Make removable], PASS] - Running over the types of creatures that are normally in the area and that could pose a problem There's little doubt in your mind that the demonic bear-things the group encountered just outside of town are par for the course in this area, and just one of any number of evil things acting as a menace to the village and its inhabitants.
  • Lore: Magic – 80%, 1d100 = 81 [Make removable], FAIL] - To try and ID any magical spells or casters that could be hiding or are out in the open You don't notice any telltale signs of magic or magic-users amongst the village or its inhabitants.
  • Lore: Magic – Recognize magic circles / symbols / runes – 70%, 1d100 = 1 [Make removable], PASS] You're 100% positive that there are no magic circles, symbols, or runes of any kind adorning anything you observe.
  • Lore: Magic – Recognize Enchantment – 65%, 1d100 = 47 [Make removable], PASS] - To try and see if anyone that is out and about is under any kind of magical control(looking into eyes) No one seems to be under any sort of magical control or influence that you can tell...
  • Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 3 [Make removable], PASS] - It's clear to you that no one is stalking you or the team in preparation for ambush - nor do you really see any good ambush spots around - just a little farming village with simple folk working their land (some with crops, and a few with cattle)
  • Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 56 [Make removable], FAIL] - Running the armors sensors to try and keep track of everything around him. Nothing out of the ordinary seems to be coming up on the sensor systems.
  • Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 92 [Make removable], FAIL] - Trying to get the optics to help with looking people in the eyes. You seem to be having a little bit of trouble getting the optics to perform the way you want, but nothing stands out at the moment.
Olive
  • Field Armorer & Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 94 [Make removable] / 53% - To identify problems and maintain basics on her gear now that she can relax a little and focus on that instead of running for her life. Due to your recent multi-marathon running session, and the effects of your staving off exhaustion, your mind is a bit foggy at the moment and you're having difficulty with the normal maintenance on your gear. Everything seems okay...
  • Recognize common and strong scents: 1d100 = 7 [Make removable] / 76% - To identify any human smells in the area. You definitely smell humans all around.. and some animals, consistent with the smell of typical farm animals (cattle, a few dogs, cats, etc). Nothing seems out of the ordinary. You also smell some food odors coming from the General Store before you leave with Egan to skirt the northern perimeter of the village.
  • Track by smell: 1d100 = 27 [Make removable] / 48% - If she catches whiff of any humans in the area, she will try and pin down their location. As far as you can tell (without tracking anyone in particular, and without rolling every 1000' per RUE page 146), the humans you smell seem to be in their normally expected locations; i.e. out in the field, occasionally walking by or in/out of a building or home, etc.
  • Sense Supernatural Beings: 1d100 = 86 [Make removable] / 66% - To try and identify any demonic presence in the area. You don't sense any supernatural beings within your sensing range
  • Track Supernatural Beings: 1d100 = 56 [Make removable] / (weak presence: 45%/strong presence: 76%) - To track down any demonic presence in the area that she detects. N/A; none are detected within range
Culter
  • Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 51 [Make removable] (Watch for points of ambush, people or places) You don't notice anyone hiding around corners or scoping you out from the rooftop of the General Store or any buildings in the area. All looks clear.
  • Read Sensory Equipment [50%]: 1d100 = 50 [Make removable] (Monitor his installed sensors for anomalous readings) Sensors aren't picking up anything unusual or out of the ordinary.
  • ID Undercover Agent [58%]: 1d100 = 58 [Make removable] (Watch for individuals who may seem out of place, rub him wrong, seem overly interested) No one appears to be out of place or gives you a bad feeling, though you do get a few sideways glances and even a few scowls.
  • Lore, Demons and monsters [45%]: 1d100 = 23 [Make removable] (Demonic/Monster activity in the area, tracks, signs of their presence)Nothing looks demonic or monstrous while walking to the General Store





Everyone moves into the village with Captain Howlett except Drummond, who hangs back to observe from a position just outside the village after notifying Jericho of his intent to do so. The CO gives his orders to the group, and they disperse to carry out said orders.




Egan/Olive & Mane/Alexander

Egan and Olive take a circuitous path around the northern edge of town, while Mane and Aleksander - the odd couple, if there ever was one (a hulking mutant cat in CA-6 EX Body Armor, and a lone skelebot), take the southern route. Both pairs circle around and meet back at approximately the same location where they began (see results of skill rolls above for anything you'd like to report). Their respective routes don't turn up anything out of the ordinary - just folks doing their normal thing in a small farming village in the middle of the afternoon on a chilly mid-winter day.




Robocop

Drummond stays just outside and observes the villagers, using his advanced sensory suite to get a closer look and do some eavesdropping on what's being said as the others move in.




Culter, Jericho, Howlett

Jericho, Howlett, and Culter make for the General Store, and as they approach, Howlett realizes that they're about to enter a comparatively fragile (at least, for 700-ish pounds of weight on each man vs an SDC wooden building) building made out of wood, and decides to get out of his power armor, asking the other two if they'd like to do the same to join him inside or stay out and listen in on the radio. Culter agrees, while Jericho decides to hang back, and a few awkward minutes later, two much lighter humans enter the General Store, whereupon they find a small store that has everything that most of the villagers need to survive. Most types of preserved food can be bought at a fairly cheap price (around 40% below normal). Culter, with his extraordinary sensitivity to all things electrical, notices several electrical appliances in the store (in addition to standard lighting), such as freezers and coolers, and their power seems to fluctuate more than is normal in his experience (think a light bulb that has occasional "brown-outs"... only invisible to anyone without the sensitivity that Culter posseses).

All present in the store see a middle aged man with thin hair, wearing an apron, approach. As he is the only person currently the store that you can see, it's a fair guess that, based on the intel you've recieved, this is likely Mel Yonki, the store owner. He smiles and greets you in a friendly manner: "Hello there! Another CS patrol making their way through, hmm? What can I get for you fine gents today? Say, are you fellas interested in some extra food? I've got plenty, and it's at a discount right now..." You can tell that Mr. Yonki has on his sales manner, and he's eager to earn your business.

"We also have E-clip recharging services, if you need that. Our station isn't working as well as it used to, unfortunately, but it'll get you at least more than halfway charged up... and halfway is better than nothing, hmm?" he adds hopefully.




What are your intentions?
User avatar
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 am

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:59 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 13/ 1d20 = 17
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 21

After taking the time to climb out of his armor, he'll offer a nod to Jericho and roll his neck. Nice to not be in that think all the time, especially after such a hike in the woods... with monsters. Culter thinks, blinking his eyes at the last thought and shaking his head as he enters.

He feels the tug of his senses as he notices the locations of several small electrical appliances as the clerk talks. Looking at Mr Yonki, Culter nods. "May well take you up on that later, packing light right now." Culter says, offering the man a smile. When Yonki mentions the e-clip station, Culter will extend his senses to see if he can locate it and glance at it. So, it's not working at 100%, well, if I can get it back up to par, quick-like, may well build some good will with these folks and they'll be more keen to answer any questions the boss has.

"Let me take a look at that charging station, if you don't mind. Name's Everett." He says, moving away from James. Invoke Trust [50%]: 1d100 = 25

Assuming Yonki doesn't have an issue with him taking a look, Culter will see if he can identify why the charger isn't working at 100%, and if it is within his means to repair.

While he is checking it out, he will make seemingly idle conversation with Yokri. "So, how've things been around town? Business going well?"

Effects and skills
Electrokineses: Manipulate Objects and Sense Electricity Active.

Electrical Engineer [55%]: 1d100 = 22 [Determine what the issue is with the charger, and if possible, fix it ;; He won't do anything if he thinks he may break it further.]
Basic Electronics [75%]: 1d100 = 57 [Determine what the issue is with the charger, and if possible, fix it ;; He won't do anything if he thinks he may break it further.]
Basic Mechanics [50%]: 1d100 = 66 [Determine what the issue is with the charger, and if possible, fix it ;; He won't do anything if he thinks he may break it further.]
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 14 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 83

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor


Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200


Perception wrote:Drum's highly advanced sensors and bionics (OOC: and your critical success perception roll) allow him to pick up the reactions of some of the village folk. From his vantage point, Drum can see that people watch the power-armor clad CS troops briefly, and shake their heads. With his telescopic vision, he can see some of the villagers reacting with frowns and a few scowls, and what passes (from his perspective) as disappointed glances.

His amplified hearing picks up a few snippets of somewhat hushed conversations as well:

"... probably leave like the rest of them..."
"... another long-range patrol, nothing to see here..."
"... not like they're gonna stick around and help us, so why even bother?"
"... just here for that stupid abandoned pre-Rifts base like all the other Deadboys who came before them!"

and so on.


Drum standing by himself at the edge of town watches his team move towards the city center and begins scanning to the left and right. He actives the encrypted channel, "Doc, LT. We've been spotted by the townsolk. None appear to be happy to see us. They think they've been abandoned out here." This place is pretty remote, I'd be pissed too if outsiders were stirring up trouble and then taking off leaving me to deal with it.

Electronics: Basic 60% vs 1d100 = 11 | Pass | Send an image of the person who mentioned the pre-rifts base
Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 61 | Fail | Send an image of the person who mentioned the pre-rifts base

When he catches the comment about a pre-Rifts base, his head moves on a swivel as he tries to figure out who said it. "Doc, we are out here to find a Coalition base, right? One of the locals has just mentioned an abandoned pre-rift base." If he can figure out who said it, he provides a description, and possibly transmit an image from his armor's helmet.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Perception Bonus: 42%/ 54% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 94

JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 29

As they approach the store, Jericho sees what looks at a distance like a small alter, but as they get near, he realizes it's a simple worktable. He laughs at himself. Like they'd have an altar just out in the open...

As the others strip out of their PAs so as not to wreck the general store, Jericho hangs out, and takes up a position near the door to watch for trouble. He raises his PA's faceplate, though, and gives any onlookers a little smile.

Drum wrote:"Doc, LT. We've been spotted by the townsfolk. None appear to be happy to see us. They think they've been abandoned out here."


Jericho hits the radio, "That's fine as long as they're not openly hostile. Still, we can keep our ears open for any way we can help out that doesn't distract us from the mission."

If we clear the base, and the CS moves back in, that might be the best thing. They can bring some business to town here, and offer a bit of protection.
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Olive » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 91; JiC d20: 1d20 = 17

Olive reports in twice on her patrol with the LT, once midway through and once as they regroup with Mane and the skelebot. Both times are the same, "I'm not getting anything out here, nothing out of the ordinary smell-wise in town. I can't smell any demons or anything else supernatural here, either."

Drummond Leighton wrote:Drum standing by himself at the edge of town watches his team move towards the city center and begins scanning to the left and right. He actives the encrypted channel, "Doc, LT. We've been spotted by the townsolk. None appear to be happy to see us. They think they've been abandoned out here."


Olive suppresses a growl as she hears the transmission, They should be grateful we're here at all if that's the attitude they have. My patrol died out here trying to protect them from things like those bears! She doesn't vocalize this, however. She was still new to his outfit, and she doesn't want to disappoint her human masters with harsh opinions until she knew better where they stood on the matter.

Jericho Jackson wrote:Jericho hits the radio, "That's fine as long as they're not openly hostile. Still, we can keep our ears open for any way we can help out that doesn't distract us from the mission."


Olive mulls that over, finding herself in agreement with the statement. As much as the people here seemed ungrateful, she was still eager to prove herself to them. They were still human, after all, and technically CS citizens too! She hit the radio soon after Jericho, "If you would, I could go in and talk around, see if I can do anything. They might take well to a Dog girl asking to help out rather than a masked soldier." She pauses a moment, a thought coming to her before she continues speaking, "Might get them to open up more, too. I'll keep my nose out, in any case."

Outside of that, she nods to Mane as they regroup back where they started their patrols, keeping her face carefully neutral. "Mane. Nothing on your end either, I presume? With how aggressive the demon bears are, I'm surprised this place is in decent enough shape."

Skill Rolls
Sense Supernatural Beings: 1d100 = 15 / 66% - She's not going to drop her guard just because she didn't sense them in the past short while.
Firefighting: 1d100 = 22 / 55% - Identify easy evacuation routes out of town for the inhabitants and team in case things start going sour.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
User avatar
Olive
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Jericho Jackson » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 pm

(Rolls carried)

Olive wrote:"If you would, I could go in and talk around, see if I can do anything. They might take well to a Dog girl asking to help out rather than a masked soldier Might get them to open up more, too. I'll keep my nose out, in any case."


Jericho mulls this over. "That works. Stay friendly, but stay alert. Keep your channel open and keep your buddy close."
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:53 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 90
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 92

[Invoke Trust – 75%, 1d100 = 51, PASS]

Walking through town, Egan can't help but notice that this place shouldn't be here. With no defenses worth mentioning in sight, and no magical deterrence's visible, he can't help but wonder how this place is still around considering its location. -I know that something like this would have very little if any worth to other humans, but for demons this is a perfect feeding ground that is completely undefended. The base must have been keeping the area clear with its patrols, maybe that's why it went silent first. -

As the radio chatter buzzed about in his ear, Egan's thoughts continued to roll around. -Abandoned huh? Honestly I guess the only way to be certain is to ask directly. They must be missing people due to the lack of patrols from the base. Though all these people should know the risks of this kind of life on the edge. I'm sure they do, that's probably why they're not openly hostile. They're probably just disappointed that a promise wasn't kept in their minds...-

As he makes his way back through town to the place they started the short patrol, the scout stops some people if he sees any to ask the same set of questions to any willing to answer them.
"Good afternoon. If I might ask, how long has it been since you have seen a patrol? And has anyone here gone missing since then?" His voice is friendly and warm as he tries to keep the weariness from the cross country trek out of it. He chats with anyone willing for a bit, and expresses his genuine worries about their ability to defend themselves from the creatures of the forest hoping to maybe get some insight as to how they have been getting along recently.

-Keep your buddy close? Guess that means she's back under the cat's wing unless they want another expensive lawn ornament in the street.- The scout finds himself letting out a chuckle as he looks at the motley crew around him. -Must be a sight. two mutants, a skelebot, and a wannabe knight. Sounds like the start of a bad joke involving a bar....-
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby James Howlett » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 72
Conditions: Borg Sensors.

Skills:
Invoke Trust 1d100 = 79/65% Fail (To seem like a trustworthy individual.)
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 64/35% Fail (To be Charming.)
Find Contraband 1d100 = 13/86% Pass (Anything considered contraband to the CS for sale?)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 63/109% Pass (To read James' built in sensors.)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 79/84% Pass (To see if anything seems amiss, ie. Demonic possession or what not.)
History: Post-Apocalypse 1d100 = 16/84% Pass (Any interesting history about the area we're in?)
Lore: Magic: Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 88/43% Fail (Is the man entranced, or are their any obvious magical items laying about?)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 76/59% Fail (Any visible psychic phenomenon?)
History: Pre-Rifts (North America) 1d100 = 41/71% Pass (Any interesting historical facts about the area that may prove useful?)
Lore: D-Bees 1d100 = 70/59% Fail (What kind of D-Bees are in the area?)
Lore: Vampire 1d100 = 23/49% Pass (Any signs of vampire activity?)
Psychology 1d100 = 77/74% Fail (Anything odd about Mr. Yonki?)
Radio Basic 1d100 = 34/104% Pass (To keep up on the teams communications.)
Intelligence 1d100 = 12/58% Pass (To put together the info gleamed from the above.)



When James steps in from the cold he takes the time to remove his helmet and look around. "Nice place." James says before begining to peruse what wares the shop has. "Extra food you say, what kind of supplies are we talking?" James says cheerfully.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Doc, LT. We've been spotted by the townsolk. None appear to be happy to see us. They think they've been abandoned out here."


James just moves deeper into the store before activating his sub-vocal mike. "Just play nice, we'll figure out why they think that soon enough." James says quietly.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"Doc, we are out here to find a Coalition base, right? One of the locals has just mentioned an abandoned pre-rift base."


"This is known to me, unimportant information." James says again quietly.

James makes his way back closer to Mr. Yonki. "Another patrol you say. Heh, Command is always making mixups I guess, we thought we were the only ones sent up this way. You don't get a lot of visitors around here do you?" James lies, before asking his leading question.

"Our bosses up the chain sent us out to take a look at the critters in the area, reports are sparse, but usually full of bad news. Hell, almost as soon as we hit boots on the ground some damn angry bears came at us. Surprised you guys did not hear the ruckus. Any strange critters about lately, well besides us?" James finishes with a bit of a self depreciating joke.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Major James Smith » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:50 am

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 1500 by end of post. 15 minutes have passed
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None within 5 miles.
    Location: Near the village Londesborough




Skill Roll Results!
Culter
Electrical Engineer [55%]: 1d100 = 22 [Make removable] [Determine what the issue is with the charger, and if possible, fix it ;; He won't do anything if he thinks he may break it further.] You are able to figure out that the charger has some faulty capacitors, and know how to fix it. It would take you maybe 10 minutes of work to do so (fairly routine, and with Culter's abilities and knowledge, should be a cinch).
Basic Electronics [75%]: 1d100 = 57 [Make removable] [Determine what the issue is with the charger, and if possible, fix it ;; He won't do anything if he thinks he may break it further.] See above.
Basic Mechanics [50%]: 1d100 = 66 [Make removable] [Determine what the issue is with the charger, and if possible, fix it ;; He won't do anything if he thinks he may break it further.] See above (problem is electrical in nature)

Drummond
Electronics: Basic 60% vs 1d100 = 11 [Make removable] | Pass | Send an image of the person who mentioned the pre-rifts base Try as you might, you're unable to get an image or view of the (presumably human) female's voice.
Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 61 [Make removable] | Fail | Send an image of the person who mentioned the pre-rifts base N/A

Olive
Sense Supernatural Beings: 1d100 = 15 [Make removable] / 66% - She's not going to drop her guard just because she didn't sense them in the past short while. Olive doesn't sense anything within her sensing range.
Firefighting: 1d100 = 22 [Make removable] / 55% - Identify easy evacuation routes out of town for the inhabitants and team in case things start going sour. No unusually good routes seem to jump out at you - but Olive has a fair idea of the layout of the village (see map), based on her previous scouting the perimeter.

Howlett
Invoke Trust 1d100 = 79 [Make removable]/65% Fail (To seem like a trustworthy individual.) You're pretty sure you come across as trustworthy.
Charm/Impress: 1d100 = 64 [Make removable]/35% Fail (To be Charming.) You don't get the impression that you are particularly charming and impressive, but you can't really tell for sure.
Find Contraband 1d100 = 13 [Make removable]/86% Pass (Anything considered contraband to the CS for sale?) Nothing stands out as contraband. All you see is what you'd expect to see in a small village general store, such as staples and basic supplies.
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 63 [Make removable]/109% Pass (To read James' built in sensors.) Sensors seem calibrated and working fine. Nothing out of the ordinary comes up.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 79 [Make removable]/84% Pass (To see if anything seems amiss, ie. Demonic possession or what not.) You don't get a sense of the demonic at work here in the General Store.
History: Post-Apocalypse 1d100 = 16 [Make removable]/84% Pass (Any interesting history about the area we're in?) There isn't much to speak of. This is a remote area and, if there is any history, it's not significant enough to ring a bell.
Lore: Magic: Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 88 [Make removable]/43% Fail (Is the man entranced, or are their any obvious magical items laying about?) You don't recognize any enchanments or magic at play in the General Store or immediate vicinity.
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 76 [Make removable]/59% Fail (Any visible psychic phenomenon?) You don't see anything that would register as psychic, other than what you know to be Culter's abilities at play.
History: Pre-Rifts (North America) 1d100 = 41 [Make removable]/71% Pass (Any interesting historical facts about the area that may prove useful?) There isn't much to speak of. This is a remote area and, if there is any history, it's not significant enough to ring a bell.
Lore: D-Bees 1d100 = 70 [Make removable]/59% Fail (What kind of D-Bees are in the area?) You haven't seen any D-Bees since you arrived in town... if any are here, they are either not visible, or pretty scarce - perhaps both.
Lore: Vampire 1d100 = 23 [Make removable]/49% Pass (Any signs of vampire activity?) Nothing indicates vampire activity in the area.
Psychology 1d100 = 77 [Make removable]/74% Fail (Anything odd about Mr. Yonki?) Mr. Yonki seems like a normal, if a bit sales-y, storeowner.
Radio Basic 1d100 = 34 [Make removable]/104% Pass (To keep up on the teams communications.) Rock and roll, all works fine.
Intelligence 1d100 = 12 [Make removable]/58% Pass (To put together the info gleamed from the above.) You get the impression that this is just a regular general store in a small village with farmers, and minimal, if any, paranormal activity, other than the monsters in the surrounding woods and area.





Culter and Howlett

(ooc GM note: I had all this typed out in full conversations and in a nice post, but the post gods took it away when intarwebz had a hiccup, so you get the brief narrative now instead - sorry, fellas, time crunch)

Culter senses the cooling units are not as efficient as they could be, but it's a relatively easy fix - looks like repeated low quality power issues triggered some "energy saving" mode on the main power supply, which is why nothing was running at full power. Using his electrical know-how and psychic powers, Culter is able to restore full power and get everything working efficiently again, and Mr. Yonki gratefully offers 100 credits worth of goods and/or food to Culter and Howlett as a result.

The E-clip recharging station doesn't seem like a difficult repair either - once full power is restored, the charger diagnostic indicates it is running at full capacity. Mr Yonki gratefully informs you that you and your companions can use the E-clip charging station free of charge if you need it while you're in the area.

When Culter makes small talk and asks about business, and James mentions the monsters in the area:

"“It’s unfortunate that the Coalition isn’t doing anything to clean up the monsters around here. They seem to be patrolling nearby, but that is about all. I’ve personally asked them to do something about the dangers around here and you’d think with their attitude towards monsters and whatnot that they’d be willing to help – but so far, nothing," says Mr. Yonki with a clear look of disappointment.

A thought seems to occur to the man. "You know, Mayor Emmis might know more about that. I just tend to keep my head down when any shooting starts. We don't have good defenses around here, so I stay in the store and keep my trusty Wilks nearby, just in case. So far, I haven't had to use it," he says, pointing to a basic Wilks laser pistol mounted on the wall behind the counter (it's the least damaging model Wilks makes, but at least it's a mega-damage weapon, and looks to be in average, if unused, condition).




Drummond and Jericho

There isn't a whole lot to do or notice for the two observers. Drummond hears snippets of conversations much like before, only the comments about the group seem to be decreasing in frequency as the villagers and farmers resume their normal routines and get used to seeing the CS around. He is unable to locate the specific individual who made the comment about a base, try as he might.

Jericho, standing near the suits of power armor his teammates left outside the General Store, takes in the surrounding area. There isn't really much here... a few villagers and farmers going about their daily business, a child and dog playing outside, and folks just doing their normal thing. A bit boring, in some ways. After a bit of radio back and forth with Olive, whom Jericho approves to move in and discuss with the locals, he resumes his watch of the area. Again, not much to see or report here.




Olive and Mane

Olive and Mane exchange what little information they have. Olive is able to obtain permission from Jericho to move in and schmooze with the locals a bit, reasoning that her Dog-Girl nature might put them a little more at ease, and Jericho approves, though he tells her to keep her buddy close and her eyes and ears alert.

Mane has little to say. Olive can't quite tell, seeing as how she just met the big cat, if he's always this way, or if something is bothering him... who knows with the capricious nature of cats? Moody and mercurial, the lot of them.




Egan

Egan decides, after seeing the village has no significant defenses to speak of, to engage the locals.

Egan wrote:"Good afternoon. If I might ask, how long has it been since you have seen a patrol? And has anyone here gone missing since then?" His voice is friendly and warm as he tries to keep the weariness from the cross country trek out of it. He chats with anyone willing for a bit, and expresses his genuine worries about their ability to defend themselves from the creatures of the forest hoping to maybe get some insight as to how they have been getting along recently.


Egan gets to chat with the locals a bit, and gets some mixed reactions. Most are willing to talk with him, except for the occasional passerby who is too busy doing whatever task they're doing. The ones he DOES speak with give him a few distinct impressions:
  • Some of the locals have pleaded with the CS before to step up patrols and help guard the village
  • These requests have fallen on deaf ears, and some of the villagers and farmers are resentful of the CS for it
  • Several of the villagers had high hopes that their little community would be protected by the CS and might even grow in time, but they have been let down time and time again by the apparent lack of commitment of the CS toward protecting them
  • They used to see patrols more often, even if more focused on the surrounding areas, but lately the patrols and CS activity have seemed to grind to a halt

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 am

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:11 pm

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 39 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 56

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor


Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200


Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 6 | Pass | Keeping an eye out

Drummond stays radio silent to Doc's confirmation that the Pre-Rifts base is old news for him. As usual, us grunts don't have all the facts, but I am still glad Doc knows something about this place.

He waits in place continuing to scan the area for a few more minutes, before reaching out to Jericho, "LT, shifting position, moving north, taking a clockwise route."

The cyborg crunches the snow under his bionic feet, avoiding larger drifts of snow, skirting the tree line if possible.
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Jericho Jackson » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:27 am

Perception Bonus: 42%/ 54% to recognize demons in disguise 1d100 = 16 (SUCCESS)

JIC: 1d20 = 3
1d100 = 26

Jericho keeps his head on a swivel, watching the paths of entry and the skies for any disturbances.

Who knows what all kinds of demons are in the woods around this town? Those Demon Bears are bad enough, but they're not likely to be alone. Every now and then, he watches the child playing with his dog, and it reminds him of his own childhood spent outside Whykin.

I played with a dog, just like that kid - only mine was a stray. Pitiful looking thing with matted fur... He chuckles briefly remembering the time he'd tried to bathe it, and got chewed out by his Aunt for leaving dog hair all over the tub. She also didn't like when I'd share our food with it... so I had to sneak food out to it.

Drummond wrote:"LT, shifting position, moving north, taking a clockwise route."


Jericho nods. "Roger that."

Drum's a good sort. A lot of 'borgs go a bit crazy after conversion, thinking they're invincible... but I don't see any of that with Drum. Good head on his shoulders.

"Keep your eyes open - part of me doubts those Bears were really hanging out all alone in the wilderness. ...Or maybe I'm just paranoid."

After a bit, he radios the new dog girl. "Olive, Sitrep?"
LT Jericho Jackson AKA Sid Abernathy/Badger
H.P.: 39/39
S.D.C.: 34/34



PA-08A "Striker" SAMAS
M.D.C. by Location:
    Shoulder Wings (2): 80 each
    Upper Arms (2): 70 each
    Hands (2): 25 each
    Legs (2): 130 each
    Main Rear Jets (2): 60 each
    Head: 90
    Main Body: 325
User avatar
Jericho Jackson
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:45 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 56
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 58

[Invoke Trust – 75%, 1d100 = 56, PASS]

With what Egan himself had heard from the villagers own mouths seemed to confirm his own thoughts about the situation. -Whatever you think, these people have it tough. But that is the price one pays to be free in this world. When push comes to shove, you have nothing but yourself to rely on.- When the comms chatter between Drum and the LT stops, Egan keys up with his own statement. "Posting up on the south side outskirts."

Leaving the trio of skelebot and mutants to speak with the townsfolk who are willing, Egan makes his way to the south side while scanning the surroundings for anything that he might have missed. -The people seemed open enough, but maybe those two will be able to get tongues to loosen up through different means.- As he moves, Egan tries to keep an air of openness so that if someone wanted to approach to talk they would feel welcome. Once at the outskirts, the scout enters just inside the woods and runs a circuit to check the area out before returning to the edge of town to wait.

Skill Rolls
    [ID Plants & Fruit – 90%, 1d100 = 60, PASS] - To ID the plants the village is harvesting, and to ID anything that might be helpful or problematic in the woods
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 6, PASS] - To keep his bearings while running his circuit in the woods
    [Wilderness Survival – 95%, 1d100 = 81, PASS] - To keep his bearings while running his circuit in the woods
    [Track: Animals – 80%, 1d100 = 34, PASS] - To check for animal activity in the wood line and classify it
    [Track Humans & Robots – 85%, 1d100 = 57, PASS] - To check for tracks in the wood line and gauge their activity and origin (village / patrol)
    [Trap & Mine Detection – 75%, 1d100 = 37, PASS] - To spot and avoid any traps including small game / hunting ones
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 32, PASS] - To try and compile current info to mission timelines and see if things match up or spark new questions
    [Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 97, FAIL] - To help classify any tracks seen in the area
    [Lore: Magic – 80%, 1d100 = 51, PASS] - To try and spot anything that could be magical in nature or remnants of magic use in the past
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize magic circles / symbols / runes – 70%, 1d100 = 82, FAIL] - To try and spot any wards that might be used to keep demons away or draw them closer
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize Enchantment – 65%, 1d100 = 55, PASS] - To try and ID anyone he sees to check if possession or other magic is happening to them
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 7, PASS] - C. Y. A.
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 42, PASS] - Running the suits sensors to try and keep track of friendlies and to help with his search
    [Weapon Systems - 55%, 1d100 = 21, PASS] - To check the weapons systems and verify that they are good to go
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 56, FAIL] - Running the suits optics to try and keep track of friendlies and to help with his search
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:19 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 75 / 1d20 = 8
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 10

Culter listens to Mr Yonki speak as he works on fixing what he can. Build some good will with them and we can get what we want much easier. They aren't Fedsymps after all, even if they are rather entitled given their location. He muses.

Yonki wrote:"You know, Mayor Emmis might know more about that. I just tend to keep my head down when any shooting starts. We don't have good defenses around here, so I stay in the store and keep my trusty Wilks nearby, just in case. So far, I haven't had to use it,"


Culter clasps his hands together a couple times as if to brush away dust and looks to Howlett then to Yonki. Hope the boss doesn't mind me taking point here. He thinks. "Can you point us in the direction of Mayor Emmis? I imagine the mayor would be at the main building, but if he isn't there, we sure would like to talk about this problem with him." He asks, aiming for directions to the mayor's homestead incase he isn't at the town's main hall. [[Invoke Trust [50%]: 1d100 = 35 ]]

Assuming he gets directions, Culter will graciously take and pack up what Mr Yonki offers them before heading out and glance back at the store owner. "Stay safe." Before heading back outside and re-entering his Smiling Jack.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Major James Smith » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:05 am

**Mini Update**

Culter wrote:Culter clasps his hands together a couple times as if to brush away dust and looks to Howlett then to Yonki. Hope the boss doesn't mind me taking point here. He thinks. "Can you point us in the direction of Mayor Emmis? I imagine the mayor would be at the main building, but if he isn't there, we sure would like to talk about this problem with him." He asks, aiming for directions to the mayor's homestead incase he isn't at the town's main hall. [[Invoke Trust [50%]: Invalid dice code! ]

Assuming he gets directions, Culter will graciously take and pack up what Mr Yonki offers them before heading out and glance back at the store owner. "Stay safe." Before heading back outside and re-entering his Smiling Jack.


"You got it, he's at the Town Hall. Can't miss it, it's the other building bigger than a house in the area," he says. "Hey, thanks again for the help, Mr. Everett. Remember, you and your boys can use my E-clip recharger any time while your'e around," he says with a sincere looking smile as Cutler heads toward the door.

(OOC: reminder: he also offered you 100 cr. worth of food and/or minor supplies if you want them)
User avatar
Major James Smith
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 am

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:37 am

Culter Rolls Held wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 75 / Original post: 1d20 = 8
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: Original post: 1d100 = 10


Yonki wrote:"You got it, he's at the Town Hall. Can't miss it, it's the other building bigger than a house in the area," he says. "Hey, thanks again for the help, Mr. Everett. Remember, you and your boys can use my E-clip recharger any time while you're around,"


Culter nods in appreciation of the directions. "Obliged. I'll pass the word." He responds, Culter showing an obvious inclination to helping his fellows if he is able. He'll take the supplies offered and then head back outside and update Jericho after he suits back up. Well, Mr Yonki was amenable, hopefully the mayor will be as well. If the boss wants to go that route anyways, he might have more information but then again, he might not. Culter ponders the worth of talking to the mayor.

Once inside his suit, he'll queue the team's secured radio to update Jericho and anyone else with their ears on. "Mr Yonki gave us some decent intel, and the directions to the mayor should the boss want to check that out. Also got a small amount of supplies and a free use of his e-clip charging port if and when we have the need. How were things out here?" He asks, more of Jericho than anyone else.

Culter will glance around and see if he can identify the building Yonki spoke of, and will also keep a watchful eye for anyone taking too keen an interest in his presence at the store.

Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 59
ID Undercover Agent [58%]: 1d100 = 38
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Olive » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66/71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 47; JiC d20: 1d20 = 19

As she and Mane enter the town, she puts away her rifle, begrudgingly trusting Mane to watch her back if things go sour somehow. Not that i have much to worry about from the people out here, she thinks to herself, They don't seem anything more than a settlement of poor folk out here. If the CS had a better hold on the area, it'd do them some good. She's all smiles and panting as she walks through the town, still following what she set out to do, but also taking the time to pace herself and relax. She hadn't done nearly enough of that over the past few days, not that she ever had the chance to do so.

She scratches at her ear for a moment, getting rid of an itch that her helmet had been giving her for the past four hours, flicking it after as she approaches a group of townsfolk, pretty much at random. "Hey there!" she calls out to them, putting on the most genial expression she can, "I'm sure you've heard of our patrol by the area, what with the others heading to the store already and all. While they're busy doing their soldierly duty, I was wondering if I could help out in the meantime? Always good to help out humans!" She is a friendly sight in any Coalition town, but out here she didn't know quite how she would be received, though she's fairly certain her doggish appearance would inspire trust in anyone seeing her, considering how most of them are with canines.

Jericho Jackson wrote:After a bit, he radios the new dog girl. "Olive, Sitrep?"


She patiently finishes up any conversation she has begun with the townfolk, agreeing to help out if they ask anything of her and it's within her capabilities (aside from anything absurd like abandoning her team and the town, of course), before responding to her squadmate's radio, "Apologies, talking with the locals. Nothing's out of place so far; just trying to find ways to help out, get conversations going and all."

Skill Rolls
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 42 / 5% - To get the locals to open up to her a bit more.
Rope Works: 1d100 = 48 / 55% - If applicable, to help out with anything rope/knot related as requested.
Paramedic: 1d100 = 72 / 65% - If applicable, to help out with anything medically as requested.
Jury-Rig: 1d100 = 55 / 43% - If applicable, to help out with fixing things up or getting things to work as requested.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
User avatar
Olive
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby James Howlett » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 62
Conditions: None really needed.

Mr. Yonki wrote:"“It’s unfortunate that the Coalition isn’t doing anything to clean up the monsters around here. They seem to be patrolling nearby, but that is about all. I’ve personally asked them to do something about the dangers around here and you’d think with their attitude towards monsters and whatnot that they’d be willing to help – but so far, nothing," says Mr. Yonki with a clear look of disappointment.


James inwardly sighs. "It is part of the reason why where here. We are evaluating the situation and will react accordingly." James says in an attempt to calm the man down.

Mr. Yonki wrote:A thought seems to occur to the man. "You know, Mayor Emmis might know more about that. I just tend to keep my head down when any shooting starts. We don't have good defenses around here, so I stay in the store and keep my trusty Wilks nearby, just in case. So far, I haven't had to use it,"


James nods. "We will proceed to go and speak to the mayor then. Thank you for your time, oh and we will be back for extra food soon." James says with a semi-sincere smile.

James makes his way outside, his armor keeping the worst of the chill off of him. James stands around while Cutler suits back up. "It seems the town is relatively safe. Lets chat with the Mayor, and ten move on to checking the site. When this is done, we can request High Command send a minor garrison force or maybe just semi-regular patrol." James says quietly to Cutler, before making his way towards the mayor, leaving his Striker SAMAS at the General store.

Once at the Mayor's office/residence James will request an audience.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:40 pm

[[Rolls Held]]

Culter follows James' lead and doesn't fully suit up, instead following James outside of his Smiling Jack and leaving it in front of the store with Jericho.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 1515 by end of post. 15 minutes have passed
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None within 5 miles.
    Location: Near the village Londesborough



Culter and Howlett
Of course the directions to the town hall are pretty simple. It is simply across the street and one of the only three buildings of any size in the town. This small gathering hall isn’t the most formal of settings for a village council but the mayor does make his office here at a small desk in a corner of the community hall. Yonki had told them that Mayor Dak Emmis can be found here while the sun is up but leaves when the sun starts to go down to his home not far down the street. They have plenty of time.

A few people are seen leaving the town hall, a simple building of normal construction. They cast worried glances at the power armor and the soldiers approaching them. As the pair come to the door, a buried electrical line draws Culter's attention to something he'd missed at first - semi buried bunkers. judging by the size he'd guess they were shipping containers, half buried and covered in ballistic cloth and sandbags - visible only if one knows to look for it under the snow. Suitable, if cramped, shelters near the town hall where folks would gather by nature.

Emmis was saying goodbye to the folks leaving and catches the approach of Howlett and Culter. "Gentlemen, welcome to our humble village. I hope your visit to Londesborough has been a pleasant one?" He invites them to enter the town hall. Inside it's a cross between a court, community center, and municple building. There is a basic cell in one corner, obviously law enforcement is very basic in the region, as are its needs. "I'm Zack Emmis, pleased to see your folks in the area. Been a bit since we had any patrols through." If asked, he repeats much the same information they got from Yonki. "I'll be honest, I hope we see more of you fellas. Plenty of critters round here, and we're really thankful of your patrols taking them out like you do. Helps us survive around here. What can I do for you fellas?"



Watching from the sidelines
Jackson, on guard duty near the suits, watches the folks leaving the town hall, as Howlett and Culter go inside. He tracks them to a nearby house that they enter. As he watches, he notices several others enter as well. He guesses maybe six folk have entered the same house in about a 15 minute span. Interestingly he sees two other people leave in the same time frame. But that one house aside. there is literally nothing going on. It's frustrating really. He watches a young girl reach over and pet a long hair maine coon cat that is walking on a nearby tarp covered stack of firewood.It accepts her adoration with the cool indifference of a cat, though it slows enough to accept a few "well deserved" strokes from the child.

Olive and Mane, followed by Howlett's skelebot, are walking along. Olive tries her best to engage folks in conversation, but finds them tight lipped - quiet and unassuming more so than rude - though they are treated with disdainful looks. A fellow is chopping down a tree when it breaks loose and starts to come down the wrong way. Without thinking, the Mane and the skelebot move to catch or divert the tree, while Olive goes for the man holding the chainsaw who could only stare in horror at what was about to happen. The powerhouses lay the tree down without hurting themselves or anyone else, and Olive helps the man up. He goes to look at his guidelines and curses. "Damn it to hell! I thought that knot would hold!" Glancing, Olive can see the error and shows him how to tie it correctly. "Thanks, uhh, miss..." He stumbles over what to call her, having no real clue what to call her. He finally decides on, "Miss. I appreciate it. I'd make a quip about old dogs and new tricks, but that seems a might disrespectful to you. Thanks for saving my life there. Both of you."

Egan quickly identifies they are mostly keeping trees and shrubs from overtaking the fields, while harvesting products from the trees, such as sap for syrup, nuts and such from evergreens, etc. But a large part of their effort just seems to be keeping the forest out of their fields. There are places where they do controled burns to keep the growth from the forest at bay. Egan notices deer, fox, and even boar tracks, as well as rabbits and the occasional mouse. In places where maples and other sap trees are commonly tapped, he can make out clear trails that see a lot of traffic. From these paths, he can also see signs of traps for small game, as well as larger ones.

Nothing here seems to be any more magical than pretty much the average small town in the CS really. The woods seem primevil and forboding, but hard work keeps it at bay. There are multiple traps of the kind to cause pain to a large predator and drive them off, as well as noise maker traps Egan has to avoid. He can spot places where a smart ambush predator might attack the villagers, but not without raising an alarm. A large group of monsters could easily take this place, but a lone monster or small group would only kill a relatively small number of the villagers before the rest could grab rifles and come after the foe.

Egan does see a few hunters heading back in. Egan stops and stares in wonder as he sees a sight he never thought he would. He'd heard of these powerful rifles called Providers. Rifles that will take down a dinosaur in a single hit with a good marksman. As a hunter himself, he's heard of the rifles and seen many knock-offs. But he's seen pictures of the real deal. And now he's seen the real deal, slung over the shoulder of a sturdy, though petite older woman walking with her twenty something companions - sons or kin of some sort Egan guesses. They notice Egan - he's not tha stealthy in the armor - and give a hand in greeting, though they all grip their rifle straps a hair tighter. "Afternoon to ya." the woman calls to Egan. One of the younger men quips, "You a soldier or a knight? Thought you Deadboys didn't go for the whole knight thing."

As Drum is sitting there, in the treeline, watching, he watches a house cat, an orange tabby tomcat by the looks of him, come towards him and investigate him curiously. If he does nothing aggressive, it steps up and investigates him closer, rubbing up against the borg's legs while purring. Of course Drum could crush the cat with ease, but that seems a horrible overreaction.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:16 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 69 / 1d20 = 7
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 36

Culter notes the bunkers location. Hmm, bunkers made from shipping containers. He makes a mental note as he and the captain are waved in. Culter extends his hand. "Name's Culter." He offers and, after a brief pause, continues. "Definitely plenty of things around here to warrant such." He says, remembering the run in with the bears. "When's the last time a patrol came through town, for supplies or otherwise? Did they reach out to you when they did?" Culter asks, trying to gauge the Mayor's answer.

After that, he'll continue. "Would you say the frequency of these critters and their attacks have been increasing? Have they been spotted coming from one area around more than another? Possibly a cave or some other safe haven they may return too." He asks, knowing the direction to the base and prepared to cross-reference if the fiends are coming from that area, or somewhere else.

Stepping back, he'll look to James to see what the captain has to say.

Should they be ready to leave after the brief discussion, Culter will extend his hand again. "We'll be in touch. And, Mayor. This is my frequency; if you find your area under attack and we aren't here, try to reach me on this." Culter will connect the Mayor to his radio (not the team secured radio frequency). Worse come, they get attacked and it gives us an opening to do something. Or we save some lives on the frontier. Culter thinks.

Invoke Trust [50%]: 1d100 = 38 (Honest; and to watch for signs of deception)
Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 27 (Use any knowledge, plus what was gained by Yonki, to determine plausible connections/locations)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 63
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 82

[Invoke Trust – 75%, 1d100 = 53, PASS]

CS High Command wrote:"Afternoon to ya." the woman calls to Egan. One of the younger men quips, "You a soldier or a knight? Thought you Deadboys didn't go for the whole knight thing."
Egan exaggerates a bow of his head to the older woman as he responds with a simple but friendly, "Good Afternoon." but pauses for a moment at the quip, truly thinking about his answer. With a shrug of his shoulders, the scout responds softly to the kids around his own age. "Neither really. I'm just a man doing what he can, with what's available to him."

Turning his attention back to the lady, Egan taps his trigger finger against the particle beam rifle's housing as he nods towards her weapon. "That is a beautiful weapon. One I thought I'd never see in person. Does it perform like I've heard? I've been partial to the JA-12 for being able to reach out almost a mile without losing its stopping power." Some of his excitement about learning about the weapon bleeds into his voice at the end. Before they can answer, he looks at what appears to be empty hands from a hunt and his voice once again softens. "Were you just checking your traps or did our fight with the bears drive off your game?"
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:47 pm

GM Mini-Response

Egan Grey wrote:"Neither really. I'm just a man doing what he can, with what's available to him."

The young man grins ruefully. "Ain't we all. That's one hell of a shield. Are those silver spikes? You a demon hunter?" He has his own massive rifle slung over one shoulder, though he carries a more normal rifle in his hands in the relaxed hold of an experienced hunter.
Egan Grey wrote:Turning his attention back to the lady, Egan taps his trigger finger against the particle beam rifle's housing as he nods towards her weapon. "That is a beautiful weapon. One I thought I'd never see in person. Does it perform like I've heard? I've been partial to the JA-12 for being able to reach out almost a mile without losing its stopping power." Some of his excitement about learning about the weapon bleeds into his voice at the end. Before they can answer, he looks at what appears to be empty hands from a hunt and his voice once again softens. "Were you just checking your traps or did our fight with the bears drive off your game?"

"My Provider? Yeah, it does, but they are custom made for each shooter. Wouldn't work right for someone else. It's literally milled to work for me. Got it in the Char when I used to hunt in the Dinosaur Swamps a decade ago. Rounds are a lot easier to get hold of than E-Clips, and with proper aim they can kill most things before they can get close to you. The old one man army eh?" she says referring to the nickname for the JA-12. "Can't say I blame you. I used to use a JA-11. Still got it, but E-Clips are so expensive to keep charged I don't use it unless I got something nasty. The old Provider here will take down most game that my thirty-aught-six won't." She thumbs to the other rifle on her shoulder and pulls the bolt for the massive custom hunting rifle, removing it's massive round and putting it in her ammo belt in a slot there. "Jonas here has a fifty BMG rifle for the same reason. We heard that ruckus, but it was over so fast, it mostly just rattled the critters. Set some traps and we'll go check them in a bit. What kind of bear takes the kind of artillery I heard though? Scratch that, I probably don't want to know." She holds up the rifle to the power armored scout can get a closer look, though he can tell holding it is out of the question. Reasonable, considering the value of the weapon.

"Name's Addy, the mouthy one here is my boy Jonas, and this one here is his friend Derrick, as good as one of my own kids, if I'm being honest. you?"
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Olive » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83 / 71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 64; JiC d20: 1d20 = 6

CS High Command wrote:Olive and Mane, followed by Howlett's skelebot, are walking along. Olive tries her best to engage folks in conversation, but finds them tight lipped - quiet and unassuming more so than rude - though they are treated with disdainful looks. A fellow is chopping down a tree when it breaks loose and starts to come down the wrong way. Without thinking, the Mane and the skelebot move to catch or divert the tree, while Olive goes for the man holding the chainsaw who could only stare in horror at what was about to happen. The powerhouses lay the tree down without hurting themselves or anyone else, and Olive helps the man up. He goes to look at his guidelines and curses. "Damn it to hell! I thought that knot would hold!" Glancing, Olive can see the error and shows him how to tie it correctly. "Thanks, uhh, miss..." He stumbles over what to call her, having no real clue what to call her. He finally decides on, "Miss. I appreciate it. I'd make a quip about old dogs and new tricks, but that seems a might disrespectful to you. Thanks for saving my life there. Both of you."


Old dog? I'm barely twelve! Olive thinks to herself, not really offended, but still taking note of the comment mentally, And besides, who wouldn't go out of their way to help a human in danger like this?

Olive will give a wide, doggish grin to the man. "Olive, if you would, Mr...? And it's no problem! Always a joy to help." If it weren't for a combination of full-body armor and military discipline, her tail would visibly be wagging at even the light praise, "We all need a hand from time-to-time, especially out here in the wilds. Though it is hard to find ways to pitch in around here," she chuckles as she continues, "Most everyone seems, ah, indifferent towards our little troupe here. You know what they say about strangers, but we do mean to help out."

She speaks as she finishes going over the guidelines with the man, making sure there aren't any other mistakes in his work, keeping an ear out for any radio traffic as the others go about their own business.

Skill Rolls
First Aid: 1d100 = 75 / 60% - Make sure that he wasn't injured in any way during the rescue.
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 46 / 5% - To try and get the guy to open up.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107


CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
User avatar
Olive
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 95 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 39

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor


Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200


Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 72 | Fail | Keeping an eye out

Drum looks down at the cat moving around his legs. The cyborg isn't a cat guy, but he isn't one for kicking one just because it's there. Cats are weird, you'd think it would want to be inside lounging near a fire. He sighs, and waits a minute for the cat to move off his foot. If the cat doesn't move, he crouches down, pistons creaking in the cold. He delicately moves his hand to allow the cat to rub up against that instead of his leg, the applying gentle pressure to move the cat away from him. He looks to see if there is a collar and/or tag to possibly find a name for the cat.

Once his feet are clear, he begins walking and says over the radio, "Continuing patrol. Encountered a friendly house cat as opposed to a freaky demon bear."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

CS High Command wrote:The young man grins ruefully. "Ain't we all. That's one hell of a shield. Are those silver spikes? You a demon hunter?"
Lifting the shield up and moving it around so the young men can get a better look at the heavy silvered blades adorning it as he replies warmly. "Yeah, lots of silver. This type was built for that purpose, however, I'm not so specialized. I hunt anything and everything."
CS High Command wrote:"My Provider? Yeah, it does, but they are custom made for each shooter. Wouldn't work right for someone else. It's literally milled to work for me. Got it in the Char when I used to hunt in the Dinosaur Swamps a decade ago. Rounds are a lot easier to get hold of than E-Clips, and with proper aim they can kill most things before they can get close to you. The old one man army eh?" she says referring to the nickname for the JA-12. "Can't say I blame you. I used to use a JA-11. Still got it, but E-Clips are so expensive to keep charged I don't use it unless I got something nasty. The old Provider here will take down most game that my thirty-aught-six won't." She thumbs to the other rifle on her shoulder and pulls the bolt for the massive custom hunting rifle, removing it's massive round and putting it in her ammo belt in a slot there. "Jonas here has a fifty BMG rifle for the same reason. We heard that ruckus, but it was over so fast, it mostly just rattled the critters. Set some traps and we'll go check them in a bit. What kind of bear takes the kind of artillery I heard though? Scratch that, I probably don't want to know." She holds up the rifle to the power armored scout can get a closer look, though he can tell holding it is out of the question. Reasonable, considering the value of the weapon.

"Name's Addy, the mouthy one here is my boy Jonas, and this one here is his friend Derrick, as good as one of my own kids, if I'm being honest. you?"
Egan listens intently as the woman talks, nodding his head in agreement about the issues that follow E-clips in the wild. He gladly looks over the weapon as she offers a better view, but makes no move to interact with it outside that. "I'm Egan. It's a pleasure to meet you." He says with a smile as he looks over each of them in turn, but when he speaks again his voice is a little more somber. "You might not want to know, but I'd rather you be informed. We fought three demon bears about four miles from here. There could be two more out there, but they would be a day or two out still if they even decided to re-join the hunt. They were well outside their normal hunting grounds, so I'm not exactly sure if they would continue here or return back home." With a sigh the scout stops for a moment to collect himself. "I don't want to cause any alarm for something that might not happen. But I say this in hopes that you won't be caught off guard if it does. Especially to those that roam the woods daily. And speaking of the woods, is there anything large and nasty out there that you guys know about? Or have you heard anything happen before the patrols stopped coming?"
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 1525 by end of post. 10 minutes have passed
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None within 5 miles.
    Location: Near the village Londesborough




The Four Hunters' Conference
The woman Egan is talking to stiffens at the talk of demon bears. "Shit. I've heard of those. Supposed to be impossible to kill. Was it all that silver you got? Shit, I may have a knife I can turn into a bayonet, but we don't have that kind of silver around here. How do you kill the damn things?" Her brain may have gone to problem solving first, but the two with her are quickly taking an inventory of weapons available. They talk quickly and quietly to each other, but Egan's suit picks it out just fine. "Old Hawkins has that plasma rifle from when he was in the army up in Iron Heart. They have two ion pulse rifles and two L-20s in the town armory, and I think Mr. Yonki's got his pistol and his old labor drone, but that's it."

Once Egan shares any information about the demon bears, Jonas pipes up about his other question. "As for anything else in the woods that might make us shit ourselves as bad as Demon Bears, no. I mean it's true the patrols have been few and far between for months now, but aside from the occasional mega predator, we don't get much action here. There's plenty of game here for most critters and if you leave a kill for them, they'll take it instead of you. They're like any predator - lazy. Something freshly dead and unclaimed is good enough for them."

Drum and his New Friend
The cat is inquisitive and demands attention from the cyborg or he rubs up against his leg, as if his body must be pressed against him, as cats are wont to do at times. It makes sense in a way, his servos produce heat, and that is still warmer than the ambient temperature. Further, his armor and cybor body have thermal exhausts in his legs as well. As he is considering this, it suddenly turns and hisses as another cat comes near him. The other cat seems to get the hint and runs off after a few minutes. The cat then returns to the cyborg for more attention. He has no collar or tag. He is simply a massive orange tabby with a semi-thick fur and looks perfectly content surviving off either human offerings or the forest itself.

Mane, Olive and the Old Dog
Mane introduces himself as he is moving the dropped log further away from where the logger is working. "I'm Mane, glad we could help."
"Pleased to meet you Olive and Mane, I'm Trevor, the aforementioned old dog in need of learning some new tricks. You know your knotwork young lady! As for the reception, well most folk are probably just waiting for you all to leave like every other patrol. We thought that base of yours over at the old pre-rifts base would mean you all in the area more, rooting out danger, but that hasn't happened. We get maybe one patrol a month, and they are all lightly armed, nothing like your group. You guys look prepared for a real fight, but there aren't that many of you. So most probably figure you to be on a mission."

He shrugs, "So most folk just reckon on not getting too attached. Still, I can't thank you enough for all you've all done for me. Saved my hide. But that's what they always said about mutant animals, here to save humans." It sounds right out of a TV spot about the Dogbys. "I used to live in the rural areas of Indiana before I moved here when my parents got sick. Then I stayed until now basically. But I remember that ad from the local radio." If Olive would guess, he's probably in his sixties, so his parents would have likely died a LONG time ago.

Meeting with the Mayor
"Good to meet you Mr. Culter!" He gives James an equally enthusastic response when he gives his name. "Last patrol was about a week ago, maybe less, but it was the first one in a month. I know your base round here has bigger fish to fry. I was in the army ages ago, I recognize long range patrols when I see them. Still, they used to be by at least once or twice a month, either coming in or going out. As for any critters, we haven't really had anything major in a while. I mean we got a few bad things in the area, but the forest is teeming with game, much tastier than we are. We've got a small militia in times of great need, and we can all evacuate here, if needed. It's tight, but we all fit. We've had to rebuild some buildings, but we usually weather the really bad stuff okay."

“If I'm being honest, we've had more strange things happen here in the village that concerns me. Got some folks that have become reclusive and refuse to show up to town meetings and social gatherings. Some of them are sorta religious folk, worshiping some of the gods that have made themselves known in these strange days, but they are all good people. Now they just sit there and watch folks as they pass, not saying much to anyone that would ask them any questions. Sometimes they hitch a ride into Clinton - that's a smaller collection of farms near your base - for some reason – I’m not sure why. You may want to talk to Arcturus Bouvier. He’s fairly new here but he seems to be the leader of their group. They all gather around him as if he’s some kind of holy icon. He and his might know more, or they might get crazy on ya. Just give the benefit of the doubt - they're mostly just well meaning idiots.”
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:21 am

JiC: 1d100 = 85 / 1d20 = 2
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 10

While Culter's outward expression remains friendly towards the mayor, an internal monologue digests what he hears. Other than last week, it was a month before. So, a new group of reclusive idiots lead by a Arcturus Bouvier as some sort of holy figure. Travels constant to Clinton which is right where our base is. The string of coincidences are becoming too troubling. He ponders before speaking again. "You said they were newer in town, about how long do you think they have been here, do you remember how long Mr Bouvier has been here?" Culter asks, pausing and waiting for an answer before adding "I think speaking to this Arcturus Bouvier could be helpful. Would you point us in that direction?" Culter asks, glancing to James to see if the Captain has anything he wants to discuss with the Mayor. Something doesn't sit right with these reclusive folks, their stops near the base. Might be nothing, could be something. Even the tiniest of stones if left unturned can cause ripples that affect an entire pond. He muses.

Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 33 (Actionable intelligence, connections to what has been divulged to him so far.)
Military Tactics [58%]: 1d100 = 4 (Do these reclusive folk sound like zealots or organized enough to be a threat)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:32 am

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 33 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 86

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor


Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200


Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 45 | Pass| Keeping an eye out

"Well cat, it looks like you want to be on team Leighton. So that means you need a name. The Leighton's are musical, so let's see, hmm, how about Bell?" He looks at the cat not paying him any attention. "How about Cello?" The cat stops purring.


"Okay, okay, last try, Banjo!" Drum says more as a statement than a question. The cat stands up on it's hind legs and taps it's paws on his leg, and meows. "Banjo it is." Drum reaches down and picks the cat up carefully and places it upon his broad shoulder.

"We've got to get moving Banjo, let me know if you see anything. Have you thought about any bionic upgrades? I've got the full set you see. I wonder if Doc has done any cybernetic work on animals."

Drum snow plows through a drift, as he continues his circular path around the town. A secret pre-rifts base, demon bears, friendly cats, what's next? "Let's go find something that needs to be shot."
User avatar
Drummond Leighton
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 7

CS High Command wrote:"Shit. I've heard of those. Supposed to be impossible to kill. Was it all that silver you got? Shit, I may have a knife I can turn into a bayonet, but we don't have that kind of silver around here. How do you kill the damn things?" Her brain may have gone to problem solving first, but the two with her are quickly taking an inventory of weapons available. They talk quickly and quietly to each other, but Egan's suit picks it out just fine. "Old Hawkins has that plasma rifle from when he was in the army up in Iron Heart. They have two ion pulse rifles and two L-20s in the town armory, and I think Mr. Yonki's got his pistol and his old labor drone, but that's it."
Egan holds up his hand trying to slow Addy down to no effect. "Silver does not help in this case, plain simple stone is their weakness. Stone tipped arrows could be deadlier than a laser pistol, hell a slingshot or sling could out do a pistol with these things....though I wouldn't recommend getting that close if you can help it." Egan takes some time discussing everything that he knows about the demon bears before ending the impromptu class. "And to make sure that they stay dead, you need to remove the head from its body and burn them separately. Otherwise, they will come back in a couple of days."
CS High Command wrote:"As for anything else in the woods that might make us shit ourselves as bad as Demon Bears, no. I mean it's true the patrols have been few and far between for months now, but aside from the occasional mega predator, we don't get much action here. There's plenty of game here for most critters and if you leave a kill for them, they'll take it instead of you. They're like any predator - lazy. Something freshly dead and unclaimed is good enough for them."
The scout sighs in relief upon hearing those words but finds himself muttering out loud. "Then what in the hell happened?" -Maybe it wasn't a monster attack...- realizing what he just voiced, Egan quickly follows up. "I guess those noise maker traps along with a couple of other ones and the offerings do a good enough job keeping most of the ugly ones at bay. That's good to hear. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me Addy, Jonas, and Derrick. I don't want to keep you out in this chilly weather, but if you need a hand and we're still around I'll gladly do what I can for as long as I can." His voice is sincere, as is his smile to the small group.

[Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 13, PASS] - To conduct the small training session for the fellow hunters.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm

GM Mini-Post

Culter wrote:"You said they were newer in town, about how long do you think they have been here, do you remember how long Mr Bouvier has been here?" Culter asks, pausing and waiting for an answer before adding "I think speaking to this Arcturus Bouvier could be helpful. Would you point us in that direction?"


"Keep in mind when I say newer, I'm measuring by our pace, not the outside world's. I call my little Layla my "new" grandbaby and she's three." He chuckles at this. "He's been here almost a year I think. Came from Lazlo I think. Didn't like city life, folks round here can relate." He gives the pair directions to the man's house - not that far away - a few minutes walk.

Egan Grey wrote:"I guess those noise maker traps along with a couple of other ones and the offerings do a good enough job keeping most of the ugly ones at bay. That's good to hear. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me Addy, Jonas, and Derrick. I don't want to keep you out in this chilly weather, but if you need a hand and we're still around I'll gladly do what I can for as long as I can." His voice is sincere, as is his smile to the small group.

"Thanks Egan. We appreciate the lesson. You have a good one, and be safe out there." As they recede, they begin talking about shotgun shells with pebbles instead of lead shot or shaped rocks instead of slugs - using vibro-blades as they don't have laser scalpels. Jokes about whittling taken to an extreme come up and end up in laughter as they recede towards town.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby James Howlett » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18; 1d100 = 34
Conditions: Sensors.

James listens to the mayor talk and his mind wanders. What the hell is going on around here? James thinks.

"Sorry about the lack of regular patrols Mayor Emmis. Once we're done with our task I will personally contact my superiors to see about scheduling a more regularly timed presence in the area. Especially given the seeming increase in dangerous creatures in the area." James says with genuine concern. So there are farms near our base... hmmm, that's new information to me. James thinks. "Arcturus Bouvier, noted. I supppose while we are still hear Mayor Emmis, do you have anything pressing that soldiers of the Coalition States such as ourselves could help you with? If not, we will be on our way to complete our task in the area and hopefully get some more regular patrols to the area." James says, his voice registering a want to be on his way.


When James and Cutler make their leave, James walks with a purpose straight back to his power armor. "So what do you think is going on here?" James asks towards Cutler as he suits back up. "I have a few running theories, but I will wait to express those once we are out of town." James says as he puts his helmet back on. "Wrap it up people, we are moving out." James calls over the team channel. "Meet at the north end of town." James adds, so they know where to rendezvous. James walks to towards the northern end of town. Switching his radio over to Cutler's private channel. "I am thinking either death cult, or shifters, but I need more information than I have. The increase in demonic creatures in the area and the arrival of a demagogue don't immediately equal what I am thinking, but I also find coincidences are few and far between."

Once the team has linked back up, James switches back to the team channel. [color=blue]"There is a cluster of farms near the outpost, apparently they are religious folk. To what end I do not know, but I would like to observe them for a little while before we check the outpost. I personally have a bad feeling about all this, but what I feel and reality are not one and the same, so let us get some real intel."[color]
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
User avatar
James Howlett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:38 am
Location: Group Leader (CS 110th)

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Egan Grey » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Still smiling at the reaction of the hunters and their attitudes about the possible fight with a extremely powerful foe, Egan seals up the suit.
-Who knows if those two bears left will follow the rest of the pack when they regenerate. But they'll have a fight if they do decide to continue their hunt in this direction.- The scout lets out a little chuckle at the thought as he gazes around the area once more before the call comes in.

"Moving North." Is his crisp reply to the Doc's orders over the teams band.
Moving with purpose, Egan joins back up with everyone at the appointed place and after hearing the Doc's update of the situation he wryly states. "Well ain't that something."
-Could be that they went looking for the reason the patrols stopped and found the base destroyed and helped themselves to survive....or they could be the reason for all of this in the first place.-
"Local hunters say nothing nasty like the Demon Bears are in the area, and the larger predators are easily discouraged from causing trouble. Only reason the bears were in the area was because they decided to chase our girl here one hundred miles south of their normal area. If those other two do regen and follow, the town will be able to put up a fight and give them a warm welcome."
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
User avatar
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: 110th CS SOG

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby Culter » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:42 pm

Culter wrote:JiC: Original post: 1d100 = 85 / Original post: 1d20 = 2
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: Original post: 1d100 = 10


Culter nods to the Mayor and exits with James.

The Capt'n wrote:"So what do you think is going on here?" ... "I have a few running theories, but I will wait to express those once we are out of town."


Culter's thoughts linger on the question as they make their way back to the power armors and suit up. Well, zealots are rarely a good thing, setting up shop so close to the base that is now silent also does not bode well. He muses, when he hears James click on his personal radio with his theory, Culter nods. "I had been thinking the same. I think it's far beyond the scope of a coincidence that these so-called reclusive zealots set up camp close to our outpost doesn't sit with me. The lack of patrols matches with the dark outpost, and I have to wonder if these zealots are involved. And, if they are, then they are obviously a threat that the outpost either disregarded or was taken by surprise by. Even still, if responsible, these zealots must know more Coalition Forces would investigate which has me curious as to their intentions. Death by attrition doesn't really add up, when it's one squad at a time." He pauses his response before adding. "A death cult or shifter group need not be mutually exclusive, and makes sense. I expect a degree of hostility when we find them." Culter finishes his thought process to James.

James wrote:"There is a cluster of farms near the outpost, apparently they are religious folk. To what end I do not know, but I would like to observe them for a little while before we check the outpost. I personally have a bad feeling about all this, but what I feel and reality are not one and the same, so let us get some real intel."


Culter acknowledges to order and makes to head out. "Did the Mayor say that that this Arcturus Bouvier, the religious leader, had a house in town? Should we make a stop there first and scope it out?" Culter asks, moving with James's order regardless.
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
User avatar
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am
Location: nphilip90s@gmail.com

Previous

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests