Crossed Signals

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Crossed Signals

Postby CS High Command » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:42 pm

Crossed Signals
    Date: January 25, 110 PA
    Time: 1545 by end of post. 20 minutes have passed
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: None within 5 miles.

When James mentions getting more regular patrols, it's clear Mayor Emmis has heard that before, but it's also clear he keeps holding out hope it will be true this time. But then again, he couldn't know the ears James could bend, beyond his normal report filing - nor would it be appropriate that he would. Mayor Emmis wishes them both well, but offers a reminder. "Arcturus may be a man with a smart mouth, but please keep in mind he is just a fool with words, not power. Try not to think too harshly of him."

As Drum heads towards the rally point, Banjo, as the cyborg has named him, bounds off after something in a field and then disappears from view. As everyone gathers together, Mane offhandedly comments, "Lot of cats here. Like barn cats, not dainty house cats. Don't know I've ever noticed that many before. You'd think people would like me more given how they are cat people, but no, they liked Olive here better." He has a small grin as he speaks. "Course cats aren't uncommon on farms - keeps the rats and squirrels in line, but they still seem very active for winter. We had one following us for a good twenty minutes until he got bored." Only as he mentions it did Olive remember it. She had thought nothing of it - cats are unknowable in their motivations anyway. There were plenty of dogs too, as one would expect, but the cats were bold and very active.

Jackson sounds off with his own observations. "Yeah, I had this great big furry cat come investigate me and the power armor while you and Culter were in the buildings. Gave it a pet and sent it on its way. It was chasing this girl who had a string she was dragging through the snow. I mean it was big, but I think a lot of that size was its fur. But enough about cats, you said we might have some dissidents to deal with - in town and near the base?"

As the squad trades information they have gathered, they see the house nearby that the Mayor mentioned. It has a very large porch, as described by the mayor, and home made flier with times and days on it. One of those times is now (3pm - Prayer Service). Jackson points out that the big maine coon cat he saw earlier is sitting on one of the window sills, as are a few other cats in other windows - not surprising given how the windows would give off heat.

Otherwise, the house is pretty normal. A wood construction building with a steepled roof to keep snow from piling up. It's not small - two or three sizable bedrooms one would guess. It's not new construction, so he probably bought it off someone rather than built it himself. The windows have heavy drapes over them, but the group can see movement inside. Anyone using thermal optics can make out at least twenty forms inside sitting and standing in the warmest room in the house just behind the front door. One thing they all realize is that none of them in power armor can walk on the porch without breaking it. Drum and Mane are in the same boat.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 13
Conditions: Radar, Motion Detector, Multi-optic eye.

James sighs when he again comes to the conclusion of the weight to building ratio. These folk take to easily replaced like a religion, my childhood home could have had at least a SAMAS land on it without ill effect, I guess Lonestar is a different place. James thinks before keying the group coms, to keep the conversation private. "Jackson, Mane, Leighton, watch the power armors, if nothing else try not to scare the locals. Cutler, Grey, dismount and join me. We are going to catch the end of this sermon and talk to the man in charge afterwards. If nothing pans out we will be moving on to about half way between here and the base, and setting up a fallback point for ourselves." James says over the com.

James takes the next bit to get back out of the Striker SAMAS. While doing so James switches to Mane's private channel. "Keep an eye out for more cats following us, the whole thing has my hackles up."

Once James and the others are out of their power armors, he will lead them up onto the porch and open the door, ushering his companions in before quickly closing the door behind him. James looks for a quiet spot for his trio to stand, motions to it and waits. Listening to the sermon.
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
PA-08A Special Forces "Striker" SAMAS
CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
C-29 "Hellfire" Heavy Plasma Cannon
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Culter » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:35 am

JiC: 1d100 = 27 / 1d20 = 4
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 34

A fool with words can often wield the most destructive power over the masses. Power comes in many shapes, and any zealot can too easily be hoisted on a pedastal so high they see themselves as untouchable. Culter muses at the Mayor's last comments, thinking to the time he has spent with his family who are acquainted with many political and military powers. His own father wasn't military, but was an advisor for them. Come to think of it, Culter isn't sure he knows what his father actually does. The thought is fleeting as he hears James over the net.

James wrote:"Jackson, Mane, Leighton, watch the power armors, if nothing else try not to scare the locals. Cutler, Grey, dismount and join me. We are going to catch the end of this sermon and talk to the man in charge afterwards. If nothing pans out we will be moving on to about half way between here and the base, and setting up a fallback point for ourselves."

Culter sort of snorts to himself over the sudden topic of cats and how that seems to be one of the more interesting things the troop has found around. Culter does an unnoticed nod within his Power Armor and dismounts again, after having just suited up. "Copy." Culter responds, his short and clear response indicative of his recent time serving on the front lines where regulations were more adhered too regarding comm traffic, among other things. This being his first true mission with them, besides the unfortunate incident where he lost his charge which still haunts him, he's still coming into his own within the SOG.

After having dismounted, he notes the internal clock reading 1500 and, leaning against his standing PA, takes a gander at the house with his FLIR Binoculars. Tsk. Prayer service. We're in full kit. Hopefully this folks aren't foolish enough to think numbers are their safety net here and we avoid an incident. I don't expect a warm reception to Coalition Forces. Culter muses as he counts as many inside as he can. This isn't his first time dealing with zealots, though this is his first time infiltrating one of their sermons. He's used to being one of the ones who cleans up after the zealots get their hands on some powerful tech or summon estranged demons. Culter triggers his subvocals, "At least twenty inside what likely is the living room." He says over the net.

He'll resecure his Binoculars with his PA, and follow James. As James opens the door, Culter will move in first and sidestep to the side so the others can enter and listen to the Sermon. He'll keep a healthy, albeit inconspicuous, eye on those around them.

[Skills]
Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 45 (Connect the dots, pick out important lines during the sermon)
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 8 (Watch for signs the mass or an individual becomes hostile)
ID Undercover Op [58%]: 1d100 = 16 (Watch for signs of secret actors, or someone paying them more attention than they should, ambushes, etc)
Please Do Not PM This Account, PM Underguard Instead

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Constant Stats and Abilities
Active Abilities:
I.S.P.: 163/163 || H.P.: 31/31 || S.D.C.: 38/38

Callsigns: Plasma, The Electrician

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:
Worn: Smiling Jack Samas | Coalition Gear sheet

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: 2%
Magic (varies): N/A
Lethal Poison (14+):
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): N/A
Insanity (12+): +2
Psionics (10+): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +6
Possession (varies): +2
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:26 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 99

As the group gathers up and the banter becomes about cats roaming around, Egan finds himself nodding in agreement with the big cat. -Rodents getting into and contaminating food stores is always a bad thing, especially out here.- When the Doc, calls for him to dismount and join him and Culter in the house it takes him a little by surprise, -Ohhh-kay- but he responds quickly "Got it."

Like a Russian nesting doll, the Death Knight armor opens up and Egan climbs out in his modified body armor. Swinging around back he pulls his sidearm and holsters it before grabbing and donning his helmet. -Shouldn't be too many issues with this crowd, but better safe than sorry.- Moving up and into the building with the others Egan takes the opposite side from Culter and attempts to minimize his presence as much as possible. Under the cover of his polarized visor, Egan scans the room looking it and the people over in detail as the gathering is taking place.

Skill Rolls
    [Prowl – 87%(-10% armor), 1d100 = 18, PASS] - To minimize his presence and maybe blend into a corner
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 29, PASS] - To try and ID and track the people and the hierarchy of those gathered here if any
    [Streetwise – 56%, 1d100 = 9, PASS] - To try and ID and track the people and the hierarchy of those gathered here if any
    [Lore: Magic – 80%, 1d100 = 100, FAIL] - To look for active items that might be magical in nature (EVERYTHING IS MAGIC!!!)
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize magic circles / symbols / runes – 70%, 1d100 = 63, PASS] - To ID any runes or symbols that he can see
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize Enchantment – 65%, 1d100 = 88, FAIL] - To try and see if anyone is under magical influence
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 16, PASS] - To C.Y.A.
SSG Egan Grey aka Grayson Hender (1-8-2018)
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Model Type: NG-UELX45 Stealth Power Armor
Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
UEL Cables (2; forearm) – 6/6 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit
M.D.C. Protection: 12/12

JA-12 - 30/21 -- 30/30 -- 4/4
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:15 pm

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 68 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 21

Sensors
Passive Nightvision 2000'
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Air & Surface Temperature
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor

Damage:

CA-6C Main Body: 168/200

Sensory Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 49 | Pass| Keeping an eye out

As the cat runs off, Drum shouts after him, "Banjo! Go reconnoiter and then report back to me."

He finishes tromping through the snow to the meeting point, seeing the other's quizziacal expressions. "I met a cat out there that wouldn't leave me alone. It decided that it want to enlist. I'm not sure if it's a boy a girl, but I've given it the code name 'Banjo' I figure we've got a Battle Cat and a Dog Girl, that we've got room for an ordinary cat. Besides, it knows the ins and outs of this area," Drum says with a grin.

"So what's the plan?" Drum asks. When told to stay outside and guard the power armor, "Yes, sir." Don't miss freezing my ass off in weather like this.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Olive » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 16; JiC d20: 1d20 = 19

James Howlett wrote:"Jackson, Mane, Leighton, watch the power armors, if nothing else try not to scare the locals. Cutler, Grey, dismount and join me. We are going to catch the end of this sermon and talk to the man in charge afterwards. If nothing pans out we will be moving on to about half way between here and the base, and setting up a fallback point for ourselves." James says over the com.

As Olive approaches the group with Mane and the skelebot, she takes not that she has been left out of the direct orders. While mildly annoyed with this, her primary concern is what to do with the time she has. She frowns as Mane recalls the cat that followed them. Certainly odd... but nothing out of the ordinary for a cat, I would think. As Drummond amiably describes his own encounter with a feline denizen, the Dog Girl's ears perk. One instance of a cat being overly friendly was one thing, but to have nearly half the squad have encounters was different altogether.

Instead of mentioning such a silly thought out loud, Olive instead speaks over the comms as her superiors enter the building, "Unless you want me in, I'll keep watch with the others." With her role now clearly defined, the Psi-Hound took to the age-old duty of standing around not doing a whole lot. Still, she keeps her senses out for more cats, as well as her usual duty of keeping her nose out for supernatural ilk. She didn't smell anything out of place about the town when the squad first entered, so she simply remains watchful.

Skill Rolls
Identify Specific Odors: 1d100 = 24 / 58% - To determine if the same cat from earlier begins to approach again.
Track Psychic/Magic Energy: 1d100 = 70 / 50% - To try and sense if any magic or psychic energy has cropped up since entering the town.
Track Supernatural Creature: 1d100 = 64 / 45% - If she's on the lookout, she may as well keep her psychic senses and nose on the search as well.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats
I.S.P.: 46/48
H.P.: 32/32
S.D.C.: 107/107

CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location
  • Helmet: 60/70
  • Left Arm: 53/60
  • Right Arm: 53/60
  • Left Leg: 45/80
  • Right Leg: 66/80
  • Main Body: 80/100

Modifiers: -5% to Climb, -20% on other physical skills.

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'
Payload: 18/30 shots

C-20 Laser Pistol
Damage: 2D6 M.D.; Range: 800'
Payload: 21/21 shots

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
Olive

Postby CS High Command » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Crossed Signals
    Time: 1600 by end of post. 15 minutes have passed
    Temp: 19°, partly cloudy, but not snowing; Ground has a about 3 inches of snow, less in the field

The first thing that catches the group advancing to the house is that the door is locked. It would be a trivial thing to snatch the door open breaking the feeble lock - James is certain he could open it even if they had a cross bar, but it would be neither quiet nor subtle. Culter lifts a hand to knock with a look to Howlett for confirmation he's okay to do so. James nods and the zapper gives a short respectful knock meant to get the attention of those near the door. Silence is all that greets them for a minute. He repeats this process four times before his own frustration and his CO's is obvious.

Culter knocks much louder, with the authority and loudness that can be heard above any noise. The dull conversation they can barely hear through the door and windows stops, but nothing else happens, nor does it when he repeats that knock over the next 10 minutes. James looks content to wait, so Culter keeps knocking with glances to his CO. Those at the door with amplified hearing hear some muffled movement from inside, but its otherwise quiet. It's obvious they think if they are quiet, whoever it is will get bored and go away.

As Olive had not really perceived the cat earlier, she can't identify it. Still, she does smell cats nearby - and something else. She can't place it, but something smells off. She's trying to place it nearly the entire time the three humans are patiently knocking at the door.

Drum takes everything in stride and falls into one of his primary roles in this squad - rearguard. Some might think it beneath them, but Drum understands precisely how important it is and does not let his attention wander as he keeps an eye on his surroundings.

It's quite a beautiful winter day, but no one is getting any warmer. It's obvious they are not going to come to the door - they've also all huddled together inside. Mane and Jackson are each looking around, much like Drum and Olive.
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Culter » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:42 am

JiC: 1d100 = 95 / 1d20 = 12
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 46

After several attempts at knocking, Culter turns to James. "They've gone quiet inside, seems like they don't want company and want to be left alone. Circle back or move on?" He suggests quietly. We've really no cause to force our way in, and any more aggressive attempts could result in undue violence. Culter muses as he awaits James word. Wouldn't mind getting back inside my nice, environmentally comfortable power armor. His mental musings add.

While waiting for James order, he'll do a quick scope of the area around.

Skills
Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 94 (Anything he missed)
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 49 (Watching for signs either the occupants in the house plan to react violently, or that someone is giving them too much attention)

Everett Culter (40-4th) || EP Ledger | Other PCs: Ronan Deshe (Spook Squad)[/url] | Scythe (Phase World: Galactic Rogues) | Kianra'Dea (Rifts: Atlantis)

Active Abilities:

Impervious to Electricity: Completely immune to electricity, magical or others (lightning, etc). Energy, Lasers, Plasma and Particle Beams as well as other Energy sources do half-dmg. Magical energy, other than electrical, does full.

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:32 am

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 24 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 32

Sensors
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor

Damage:

Sensor Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 47 | Pass | Using cyborg sensors

Trying to look casual as a full combat cyborg can, Drum has his weapons clamped on to his armor, his arms and hands free. Trusting his motion detector to warn him of anything approaching out of his field of view, the cyborg uses his thermal imaging to scope out the movements of the room and amplified hearing to glean what he can from the conversations occurring in the building. He moves towards the side of the house so he can get closer without having to step on any of the wood. He looks for any side or rear entrances, as well as any cellar doors as he continues his circle around the building.

He crouches down a few times and whispers, "Banjo, where are you cat? You've got to make a good impression for the Doc if he's going to approve your commission in the army."

Drum otherwise waits patiently for the action to start. Shooting stuff is always fun, but I am okay with this just be a boring misunderstanding of what these folk are doing in there.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 100

Shifting his weight around as he stands on the porch, Egan finds himself getting a little annoyed by the occupants of the house and how they're ignoring the knocking. -Do they seriously think that we don't know that people are gathered inside?- The visual in his mind of ripping the door off it's hinges and walking straight in sated his growing annoyance at the situation, but he quickly found himself chuckling as he came back down from the high. -Well, now I've been on the other side of things and know what it must have felt for those soldiers.- Egan spots a window along the porch and moves to inspect it, unconsciously trying to make as little noise as possible as he moves closer, his mind continues to churn along and he finds himself in a more sympathetic mood. -These people are out here because they didn't want to be under the boot, while it could be that this behavior screams that they know of, or even participated in the base going dark. Or, instead, they simply could be normal, honest folks that want nothing to do with outside meddling. -

With a subdued sigh, Egan looks at the heavy drapes covering the window on the inside. He also notes the basic latch meant to keep the window down and to prevent in being easily opened from the outside but didn't mean much to someone with his abilities. He keeps an eye out for movement as he switches through the thermal mode to locate the the occupants while sub-vocalizing "Could play peek-a-boo with the people inside."

[Prowl – 87%(-10% armor), 1d100 = 82, FAIL] - found the creaky ones
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Perception (52% base); Friend or Foe Perception (90% base): 1d100 = 76
JIC Rolls: 1d100 = 38,

Psychic Senses:
  • Sense Psychic & Magic Energy (75% base): 1d100 = 64
  • Sense Supernatural Beings (72% base): 1d100 = 61

Kitty Hearing:
  • Discriminate between two sounds (flat 75%): 1d100 = 66
  • Judge Distance & Precise Location of Source (98% base): 1d100 = 65
  • Recognize & Identify Prey by Sounds (90% base): 1d100 = 73

Skill Rolls & Abilities
  • I.D. Eneny in Disguise (62% base):See Perception roll above - To keep an eye on any cats that appear, because I suspect there's more that meets the eye with them.
  • Detect Ambush (100% base): 1d100 = 12 - To watch out for the sneaky approach of any of those cats, or cultists who snuck outside to hit our flanks or rear.

James Howlett wrote:While doing so James switches to Mane's private channel. "Keep an eye out for more cats following us, the whole thing has my hackles up."

"I don't like cats." Mane said with a scowl. "I don't like them... they don't like me. Always pissing everywhere and claiming my people for their own. And the fucking fake disingenous pur thing they do. It's all lies."

Mane then turned to the new dog, Olive. "You see a cat, you punt that little shit into next week."

With his disaproving opinion shared, Mane went into watch mode, keeping an eye and his considerable battery of senses on his surroundings.

Drummond Leighton wrote:"So what's the plan?" Drum asks. When told to stay outside and guard the power armor

"The plan is we're T-minus one second from kick ass and holding."

That said, Mane backed up a bit and started to stretch out a bit. If he couldn't be on the porch and by the door for a proper breach, then he'd get ready to sprint towards the door and leap through the air and bash his way through like a cannon ball!

For the first minute he stood lowered in a racer's starting stance, ready to launch. By the second minute of waiting he started to ease up because the snow-covered ground was getting cold on his fingers. By the third minute he was standing, ready to run from a marathon runner's stance. By the fourth minute he abandoned that and made sure his rifle was stowed tight on his back and pistols on his hips. By the fifth minute, Mane started to pace a bit in anticipation, wondering what the holdup was. By the sixth minute, the big cat stood more or less still, crossing his arms, his tapping impatiently. By the seventh minute, he began to pace again, but this time looking around behind the team a bit more, taking in the view. By the eighth minute waiting, Mane started looking for a stump or big rock to sit down on near by. By the ninth minute of watching boss man and sparky knock on the door, the hulking cat started to slowly blow into the cold air, making vapor streams with his breath out of boredom. And by the tenth minute, his sensitive hearing heard Drum whisper...

Drummond Leighton wrote:He crouches down a few times and whispers, "Banjo, where are you cat? You've got to make a good impression for the Doc if he's going to approve your commission in the army."

"You know he's just trying to figure out how to kill you, right? Probably thinks you're some kind of jumbo-sized can of tuna or something. Just needs to figure out how to crack you open."
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Sober

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 64/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 110/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 160/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8; 1d100 = 3
Conditions: Amplified Hearing.

James pauses for several long moments, one of his hands to his chin, as if in thought. Secret meeting, anti-social... Does not seem to mesh with some of the information given, I guess we can try a new tactic.

Culter wrote:Culter turns to James. "They've gone quiet inside, seems like they don't want company and want to be left alone. Circle back or move on?"

James seems to come out of his thoughts. In a low measured voice he responds. "I am not liking this Cutler, but I do not want to start am incident. Lets move out a bit, and we can send Grey back to eavesdrop. He is the stealthiest of us by far I think, though Mane may be a close second." James says before looking back at the house and switching to thermal imaging.

Egan Grey wrote:"Could play peek-a-boo with the people inside."

James nods. James switches to Grey's channel. "We're going to mount up move off, then you will dismount come back and see if you can hear anything. Do not confront them, I would rather not start an incident. I am perplexed by the situation, and that does not happen often. I also do not like it." James says in almost a whisper across the channel.

"Alright folks, they do not seem to want visitors. Mount up and move out to the next checkpoint." James says aloud so his team can hear, but not loud enough to sound like he's insincere. James gets back into his Striker SAMAS, and awaits the others to do so as well, all the while keeping an eye and ear on the building.

Once the team is ready James will lead them off to just outside the outskirts of town. "Grey do your thing."
James Howlett
[size=85]"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~Captain James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:53 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

James Howlett wrote:"We're going to mount up move off, then you will dismount come back and see if you can hear anything. Do not confront them, I would rather not start an incident. I am perplexed by the situation, and that does not happen often. I also do not like it." James says in almost a whisper across the channel.
Egan nods his head to the Doc's transmission and when the orders to move on come out he pivots from the window and makes his way back to the Knight to suit back up. As they hit the outskirts he cracks the unit back open and climbs back out.
James Howlett wrote:"Grey do your thing."
"I'll do what I can." is his response as he re-arms and begins moving back towards the target house, taking an arcing route so as to approach from a different direction and to beeline towards the side he believes to best suit the eavesdropping requirement. As he gets closer he briefly entertains the thought of slipping into the building directly but if things went south, like that easily could, it would cause exactly the incident that the Doc wanted to avoid. -Window it is.- Once the building is in sight, he moves towards the point in the building that offers the best cover from eyes on the outside as well as gets him as close to the group inside as possible.

Skill Rolls
    [Prowl – 87%(-10% armor), 1d100 = 26, PASS] - To hide while listening in to those in the building
    [Camouflage – 75%, 1d100 = 83, FAIL] - To try and blend into the snow and house
    [Land Navigation – 92%, 1d100 = 49, PASS] - Planning the route to take him to the needed place on the building in one go
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 11, PASS] - To pick the best place on the building to accomplish the goal
    [Detect Ambush - 55%, 1d100 = 50, PASS] - Picking the best spot to remain hidden from others on the building
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 84, FAIL] - Trying to use the suit functions to optimize info gathering
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Culter » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:13 pm

[Rolls Held]

James wrote:"I am not liking this Cutler, but I do not want to start am incident. Lets move out a bit, and we can send Grey back to eavesdrop. He is the stealthiest of us by far I think, though Mane may be a close second."

Culter nods in agreement. Something didn't sit right with the description and what they have seen. "Got it." Culter responds quietly.

James wrote:"Alright folks, they do not seem to want visitors. Mount up and move out to the next checkpoint."

Turning on his heels, Culter walks back to his Smiling Jack and mounts up, then queues his radio from his suit. "I'll run a cursory overwatch." He says, then tunes his sensors to monitor for outgoing signals from the house, while keeping tabs of Grey and anything else he can from afar. Something just doesn't sit right, maybe it's nothing. But even the smallest of stones, if left unturned, can cause the mightiest of ripples. He thinks, then can't help but smiling slying to himself.

Skills
Electronic Countermeasures [60%]: 1d100 = 48 (Watch for any signals from the house and intercept them)
Cryptography [65%]: 1d100 = 26 (Decrypting any encoded signals found)
Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 30 (Anything he may have missed, what does their secrecy imply)
Read Sensory Equipment [50%]: 1d100 = 1 (Focus his equipment on Grey, the house and the surrounding area) [UBER CRIT]
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 22 (Watch for signs of ambush towards Grey)
Computer Operation [60%]: 1d100 = 32 (Tune his equipment)

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Olive » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 / 71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 44; JiC d20: 1d20 = 14

Olive continually sniffs at the air, ears twitching as her nose tells her something is odd. Having not smelled anything out of the ordinary before, this starts to get her hackles to rise. She looks to the Battlecat to see if he was showing indication of detecting the strange smell as well, only to be surprised at his sudden vitriol towards cats. Explains why he was so sullen on the trip through town, I suppose. Taking a step away from the Mane as he gives her some friendly advice, she lets her ears fold back, unsure if it's a joke or a legitimate request.

She pushed it to the side. If James was the one saying it, she'd have punted a litter of kittens for her superior officer. As it was, she was going to let the incident slip from her mind as the battlecat continued his tirade against all things non-mutant feline.

At the order to fall out, Olive speaks up over the team's radio, "Getting an odd scent nearby. Can't place it yet, but I'll keep my nose out." She elects to keep her helmet off to keep her senses open and clear, not minding the cold much, her fur doing its job in keeping her warm despite the low temperatures.

As the team outline's their plan, she nods in acceptance of the orders. While wanting to join Egan in his eavesdropping, she's cognizant of the fact that despite her good hearing, her ability to stay hidden weren't the greatest. So it is that she waits with the rest of the group, still sniffing at the air fairly frequently, trying to get a lock on the strange scent.

Skill Rolls
Tracking: 1d100 = 21 / 45% - To try and track where the odd scent is coming from.
Identify Specific Type/Race Supernatural Being: 1d100 = 19 / 66% - Continue trying to identify if the smell is supernatural in nature or not, and what kind of creature it is if so.
Track Psychic or Magic Energy: 1d100 = 3 / 50% - Continue to track the scent if it is psychic or magical in nature.
Sense/Identify General Race/Species Psychic Scent: 1d100 = 76 / 18% - Try and identify the creature the scent is coming from.
Track by Smell: 1d100 = 37 / 48% - To follow where the smell is coming from.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
Damage: 3D6 S.D.C. low-powered, 1d6x10 S.D.C. low-powered burst, 2D6 M.D. single shot, 6D6 M.D. burst; Range: 2,000'

C-20 Laser Pistol

Constant effects:
Sense Psychic and Magic Energy: Can sense psychics and magic practitioners in range. See sheet for further details. Range: 500'/60'

Recognize Psychic Scent: Can "smell" the unique psychic scent of psychics, magic practitioners, and monsters/D-Bees within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 60'

Sense Supernatural Beings: Can sense supernatural beings within range. See sheet for further details. Range: 300'/1,200'/3,000'

Sixth Sense: Triggers when in danger, and lasts until danger has passed; cannot be surprised by a sneak attack; +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 dodge for first melee round only; I.S.P.: 2, used when first activated.
Olive

Postby Mane » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:02 am

Perception (52% base); Friend or Foe Perception (90% base); I.D. Eneny in Disguise (62% base): 1d100 = 2
JIC Rolls: 1d100 = 84,

James Howlett wrote:"Alright folks, they do not seem to want visitors. Mount up and move out to the next checkpoint." James says aloud so his team can hear, but not loud enough to sound like he's insincere.

At first Mane couldn't believe his ears. Withdraw? In their moment of pending triumph? Surely Howlett overestimated the cultists' chances. The comander must be playing up an angle, because these freaky demon worshipers desreved no mercy.

The only good cultist was a dead one... dead, like the fallen and abaondoned prey of a predator, left for carion like the scavenger birds of the sky... The bodies deathly still, bleaching in the sun, their eyes half open with flies buzzing about, greedy for the coming rot. Their eyes, with the vacant stares of no-one-home, but once possessing that elusive spark... and that glorious transitional phase in between when dying becomes death... When the face of God could be seen for just a flicker of an instant reflecting in their pupils. The secrets the dead harbored haunted Mane, for in that instant they were privi to the whispers from beyond, and the guarded, unknown wonders of the universe. If only he could prolong that moment and get them to share... to balance on the razor's edge between life and death... the amazing things could learn. The utter facination he could revel in. The ...

Mane suddenly realized where his mind had gone, and his relapse disgusted him. Damn it!! Get your mind straight, sick'o!! You're not him!! You're not that monster any more!! he scolded himself harshly, squinting his eyes as if in pain.

As he started to move out, following Howlett's lead and orders, the hulking battlecat withdrew his 24-hour Death Lover's Anomonous Chip. Palming it tightly, he focused on pushing the unwelcome and depraved thoughts from his mind.

When the team arrived at the rally point, Mane considered volunteering going out with Egan. But being as stealthy as a bulldozer, he thought better of it and held his silence. His skill set was better suited for where he was at, keeping an eye and ear out for this damn dirty cats.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:36 pm

Crossed Signals
    Time: 1610 by end of post. 10 minutes have passed

As the trio on the porch are talking, the people in the room seem to get closer and closer together, and further and further from the door - all the while ignoring the knocks on the door.

As everyone else watches with an alert, but bored, demeanor, everyone sees the blobs of humans on the thermal optics. They seem to be nearly on top of each other. At first this behavior makes no sense, but then they hear people approaching from behind. A group of nine humans in light body armor and carrying energy rifles and pistols approach. None of them are pointing weapons, but they do have them at the ready, and holsters are definitely unsnapped and unvelcro'd. Several of them raise the visors of their helmets or remove them entirely, ignoring the cold.

Mane and Olive both realize something immediately upon this revelation - these men are not men. They are alien in ways that assault their genetically modified psychic senses. In that way that normal horses, dogs, and cats seem to know when something is wrong, the two mutants, bred for this very purpose, immediately feel their hackles rise and go to a ready for battle stance instinctively, reaching for their weapon of choice. But neither move, except to report what they sense. Mane, with his additional training, recognizes things wearing human shells like he is wearing clothing. It simply covers the predator within.

One of them, a man in Gladiator armor, raises the visor of his helmet and glares at the lot of you. No one is surprised, per se, but you certainly didn't expect this, and no one has mounted back up in their power armor yet. A C-18 pistol is in a worn holster on his hip. The style of the holster and web gear is older, not the newer gear that had come out in the last five years - so likely a relic of service or trophy claimed years ago.

Jericho chimes in over the squad's private channel using sub-vocals and warns them. "Something's up with those guys behind the guy in Gladiator armor. They don't move right. Too stiff in the wrong ways."

"Why are you hounding my home and my friends you hooligans!? We are free to practice our beliefs how we want. This isn’t the Coalition. If you want to preach their doctrine, go somewhere else. No one will listen to you here. I know how you jackboots operate!”

Interestingly, this man, this demagogue, doesn't radiate supernatural energy the same way as the others, though he is definitely more than simply human - but to what degree is unknown.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/75%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17; 1d100 = 35
Conditions: None really.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 58/65% Pass (Trying to defuse the situation)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 58/84% Pass (What are they?)
Lore: Magic 1d100 = 71/59% Fail (What are they?)
Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 32/43% Pass (Are they enchanted?)
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 1d100 = 63/59% Fail (What are they?)
Lore: D-Bees 1d100 = 99/59% Crit Fail! (What are they?)
Lore: Vampire 1d100 = 84/49% Fail (What are they? Long shot here.)
Public Speaking 1d100 = 45/64% Pass (To speak eloquently.)

Jericho wrote:"Something's up with those guys behind the guy in Gladiator armor. They don't move right. Too stiff in the wrong ways."

James just nods and tries to put on a friendly face.

Demagogue wrote:"Why are you hounding my home and my friends you hooligans!? We are free to practice our beliefs how we want. This isn’t the Coalition. If you want to preach their doctrine, go somewhere else. No one will listen to you here. I know how you jackboots operate!”

James holds his hands up in a peaceful manner. "I apologize, this all seems to be a huge misunderstanding. We were told by the mayor to come and see you, as you might have some information that can help us in our investigation. I am certainly not here about the religion you practice, of which to be quite honest, I know nothing about, save very vague rumor. I can see you are wary of the Coalition, and I do not want to aggravate you any further. So we will leave if you are uninterested in talking, no animosity given or taken." James says in the roughest equivalent of a calm friendly voice he can muster.

If the Demagogue decides he wants to talk.

"I am just curious about the folk living near the old military base. I was wondering if they have seen anything strange in the past two weeks." James asks politely.

If the Demagogue doesn't want to talk.

"Let us depart, and leave these good people to their privacy." James says to the team, preparing to leave.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 3

As the group of 'men' approach Egan moves away from the window and inches closer to the end of the porch separating himself from the Doc and Culter in case it comes to shooting. Hearing the LT's comment about the way they move and seeing the reaction from Mane and Olive makes Egan look them over closely before focusing back on the now congealed blob of heat inside.
CS High Command wrote:"Why are you hounding my home and my friends you hooligans!? We are free to practice our beliefs how we want. This isn’t the Coalition. If you want to preach their doctrine, go somewhere else. No one will listen to you here. I know how you jackboots operate!”
The scout finds himself gritting his teeth in order to force himself to not laugh mockingly at the man's blatant hypocrisy. -A bullet to the head would do just fine in my professional opinion...hopefully that's just what the doctor will order.-
James Howlett wrote:James holds his hands up in a peaceful manner. "I apologize, this all seems to be a huge misunderstanding. We were told by the mayor to come and see you, as you might have some information that can help us in our investigation. I am certainly not here about the religion you practice, of which to be quite honest, I know nothing about, save very vague rumor. I can see you are wary of the Coalition, and I do not want to aggravate you any further....
As the Doc chooses the path of diplomacy, Egan finds himself having to slowly un-clench his hand and take a couple slow and steady breaths as he starts doing the math. -Nine armed, plus 20 unknown, human or demon or both. We'd win, but probably not without taking a substantial amount of damage, not to mention the collateral to the town itself. Fuck. I'd love to be able to just wave my hand and make them all just disappear...-
With a soft sigh, Egan keeps watch on the house blob and the Doc, trying not to hold his breath.

Skill Rolls
    [Intelligence – 71%, 1d100 = 56, PASS] - To try and fit what he knows to the current situation and come up with anything new
    [Lore: Demons & Monsters – 95%, 1d100 = 25, PASS] - To see if anything sticks out that he can ID
    [Lore: Magic – 80%, 1d100 = 27, PASS] - To try and see if magic is currently in use or if someone is trying to use it
    [Lore: Magic – Recognize Enchantment – 65%, 1d100 = 99, CRIT FAIL] - To see if any of these men are possessed, mind controlled, or otherwise under the influence of a magical effect. (NOPE)
    [Sensory Equipment - 45%, 1d100 = 64, FAIL] - To try and use the suits functions to help keep track of things around him
    [Lore: D-Bees – 70%, 1d100 = 63, PASS] - To try and ID any in the group that he can see
    [Optic Systems - 45%, 1d100 = 4, PASS] - To try and use the suits functions to help keep track of things around him
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Perception (52% base); Friend or Foe Perception (90% base); I.D. Eneny in Disguise (62% base): 1d100 = 78
JIC Rolls: 1d100 = 2, 1d20 = 14
Conditions: See the Invisible power activated

Skill Rolls
  • Lore: Demons & Monsters (80% base): 1d100 = 22 (To indentify race of the nine minions and the leader)
  • Lore: D-Bees (80% base): 1d100 = 75 (To ID the race of the 9 minions and the leader)
  • Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic (80% base): 1d100 = 84 (To ID the race of the 9 minions and the leader)

... then they hear people approaching from behind. A group of nine humans in light body armor and carrying energy rifles and pistols approach. None of them are pointing weapons, but they do have them at the ready, and holsters are definitely unsnapped and unvelcro'd.

With the first distant sound of the scrunching of snow under the new arrivals' feet, Mane's ears quickly zeroed in on their presence, though the rest of his head remained still. With a cool sideways glance he looked their way and his eyes narrowed in contempt.

"Time to punch the doughnuts, lil' doggie." he said to his new partner, Olive, in a low register just above a whisper.

He quickly went to the team channel and alerted anyone else who hadn't noticed the new arrivals yet. "We have company... six o'clock"

Mane and Olive both realize something immediately upon this revelation - these men are not men. They are alien in ways that assault their genetically modified psychic senses. In that way that normal horses, dogs, and cats seem to know when something is wrong, the two mutants, bred for this very purpose, immediately feel their hackles rise and go to a ready for battle stance instinctively, reaching for their weapon of choice. But neither move, except to report what they sense. Mane, with his additional training, recognizes things wearing human shells like he is wearing clothing. It simply covers the predator within.
Interestingly, this man, this demagogue, doesn't radiate supernatural energy the same way as the others, though he is definitely more than simply human - but to what degree is unknown.

Mane suppressed the urge to recoil in disgust at what his psychic senses were telling him. These monsters were utter filth and needed to be eradicated. It was the only decent thing to do.

"Be advised, I don't know about Mr. Cult Leader, but the rest are just stolen meat suits. Body snatchers hitching a ride in bodies that are probably already dead."

As he eyed the squad of vile monsters, his curiosity and intuition (an paranoia?) begain to rise. With a subtle blink he simultaneously went to the thermal vision in his bionic eye and summoned the psychic power to see the invisible in his fleshy optic orb.

Let's see who else is hiding out there. he thought to himself, wanting to quell his suspitions and not trusting the monsters to play fair. With all his percetions and training, the battlecat scrutionized all he could see, smell, and otherwise take in.

As Howlett took the lead, opting to play things nice as his opening move, Mane stood there ready to rumble. Being the well-seasoned gunfighter that he was, his hands hovered over the grips of his holstered pistols... his right pinky playfully flikcking and tapping at the grip of his favorite gun, the Stopper, eager to clear leather and let the thunder roll. But eager as he was, Mane patiently waited to see how things were playing out with Howlett's gambit.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:52 am

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 20 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 44

Sensors
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor

Damage:

Sensor Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 20 | Pass | Using cyborg sensors
Recognize Salvage 75% vs 1d100 = 66 | Pass | Examine the groups equipment and weapons/armor
Field Armorer and Munition Expert 80% vs 1d100 = 46 | Pass | Examine the groups equipment and weapons/armor

Recognize Weapon Quality 55% vs 1d100 = 74 | Fail | Examine the groups equipment and weapons/armor

The cyborg still crouched calling softly to Banjo to come out from under the house, he sees the pings on his HUD as the new group approaches. About time, Drum thinks. He grins and slowly rises, he leaves his the C-29 Plasma Cannon and C-200 Rail gun on their magnetic clamps on his armor. He pulls in his left arm close, hiding it from view as he triggers the command to open the weapon port to his built in particle beam weapon. Then twists to face the group of villagers. He moves his hands away from his body and switches his stance so he can engage in motion immediately without effort. He raises his right arm in a short wave, palm out and says, "Howdy."

The news that there is something off about these newcomers, intrigues Drum, he cycles through his vision to look at heat signatures. He also focuses his hearing on their breathing to get an idea of how pumped up on adrenaline they are (not that he knows what adrenaline is, just that feel of excitement and fear before a battle usually causes people to breath heavy and erratically). He keeps his head still, letting his helmet mask where he's looking, he focuses on the people behind the leader, looking at their eyes for the tell-tale signs of movement.
Drummond Leighton

Postby Culter » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:11 pm

JiC: 1d100 = 19 / 1d20 = 14
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 24

Invoke Trust [50%]: 1d100 = 29 (Keep situation from escalating)
[color=#008000]Intelligence [48%]: 1d100 = 45 (Watch for signs of things he may have missed)

Military Tactics [55%]: 1d100 = 23 (Do they look prior military in their bearing)
Detect Ambush [65%]: 1d100 = 41 (Watching for happy trigger fingers / hostile actions)
ID Undercover Agent [58%]: 1d100 = 76 (Not who they appear to be?)
Lore, Demons and Monsters [45%]: 1d100 = 29 (What are they)
Lore, Psychics and Psionics [45%]: 1d100 = 69 (What are they)
Lore, Magic [45%]: 1d100 = 37 (What are they)

Demagogue wrote:"Why are you hounding my home and my friends you hooligans!? We are free to practice our beliefs how we want. This isn’t the Coalition. If you want to preach their doctrine, go somewhere else. No one will listen to you here. I know how you jackboots operate!”

Culter defers to Howlett in the diffusing of the situation and nods from behind while putting a warm smile on his face, not unfamiliar with dealing with those of different beliefs or those with a degree of animosity towards the Coalition. Something's odd, hopefully this doesn't escalate just yet. They chose to come to us with words and not aimed weapons, but that could just be a sign they believe they have the upper hand. Culter finds himself thinking, not afraid of violence nor being outside of his PA perse, but moreover of the fact they are at a tentative disadvantage.

Culter glances to Egan and then keeps his eyes around them, checking the thermals behind them from inside the house as well. Last thing we need is for them to burst out of the door.

If they choose to talk;
Culter will glance to James as he asks his question, and, if an opportunity arises for him to butt in, will add. "Or possibly if you know of, or have encountered personally, any new troubles in recent days?" Culter adds, not wanting to get too in-depth with an obviously vexed individual.

If they don't want to talk;
Culter will tip head towards the group and depart with James, keeping a close eye on them and readying himself for any hostile action. "Good day." He'll say on his way out.

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Olive » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 / 71%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 96; JiC d20: 1d20 = 2

Activation of Psychic Power Sense Evil. (2 ISP)

Sense Evil
Range: 140', Duration: 6 minutes (24 melees), I.S.P.: 2, Description: Sense general number of supernatural evil, register the intensity of their presence, as well as their general location and distance. Can track like a bloodhound.

Olive nearly growls as she sniffs at the air at the approach of the unfamiliar group of individuals. "They smell like that, I'll gladly take them down," she says quietly in response to Mane's talk. As Mane gives the team his information on the strange beings, her eyes rove over the nine on comers, trying to identify what entity they are specifically using her supernatural senses. How come I didn't sense them when first coming into the town? Must be too tired... She resists the urge to shake the tiredness out of her eyes. It had been several days since she had a real meal or any sleep, and her body was giving her all of the signs of needing to just stop and rest.

That isn't an option for her, though, so instead she simply suppresses her instinctual urge to start tearing out the throats of the non-humans, able to hold back her growl, but not her shift into a combat stance, ears folding back and hands twitching towards her weapons.

Should the group speak, she will stand by, keeping her eyes on the group threatening her humans, ears rising and twitching back and forth as she listens for other sounds of approach.

Should they stay silent, and the group takes their leave, Olive will drift towards the back of the group unless ordered otherwise, keeping the group of disguised aliens, or demons, or whatever in her senses as long as she reasonably can.

Skill Rolls
Identify Specific Type/Race of Supernatural Being: 1d100 = 12 / 66% - Identify what these disgusting non-humans are.
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 14 / 35% - Try and identify if the incoming group has any hidden or disguised gear on them.
Olive
The winter wonder-dog!

Gear and Current Status
Quick Stats

CA-4 Dead Boy EBA
M.D.C. by Location

CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

C-20 Laser Pistol

Constant effects:

Olive

Postby CS High Command » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:17 pm

Crossed Signals
    Time: 1612 by end of post. 2 minutes have passed

The demagogue seems confused by James' tactic. His bluster turns to stammering acceptance of a thing he does not believe. His eyes narrow and he assents to James' question. When he asks about the military base, the man shrugs. Referring to the base he starts with, "We don't go there. A few of the folk near there sell their goods, but more often than not they are turned away by you jackboots. Been some monsters out that way past few weeks, so we've been sticking to well driven trails and home for the most part." With that he walks towards the house, his men following him. "You have your answers, now leave, you're scaring my flock." The men behind him move efficiently to flank and protect him, but make no other threatening moves. As they get further away, the stench eases for Mane and Olive, but it's still there.

Everyone wracks their brain, but no one has ever seen the like of these monster people. They do not seem possessed by demons, nor are they animated - they have all the physical signs of being alive. But there is an unease in their gait that suggests it is not a well worn skill for the people. Their features set off several alarms in the well trained team, but no one can put a finger on precisely what.

Drum and Mane hear no excited breathing the escorts - they are cool cucumbers. Culter notes that while their movements are precise and defensive, it is not the kind of training one gets in a military service. Both Culter and Egan pick up on them holding certain signs with their hands - ones that might be twisted into magic at a moment's notice, but they do nothing untoward. It is merely the same as Mane's hand hovering over his holster - it shows a readiness but not a willingness to go further - yet.

Mane sees nothing invisible, and thermal optics show what they would expect of people in environmental armor. Olive does sense an evil intent streaming off the ones backing up the demagogue, and he radiates it as well, but they are not aggressive, just wrong. Olive can verify she has never seen this possessing creature before - but that it is a possessing creature is about as close as she and anyone else can get.

As the demagogue opens the door, you see that the ones inside are mostly elderly and younger folk. Only a few adults remain, probably to protect and lead those inside in case of a breach. The ones in body armor move in to be with loved ones once (and if) the team mounts up and leaves.
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Drummond Leighton » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:13 pm

Perception: 33% vs 1d100 = 1 (+15% vision, +15% hearing, +5% combat computer, +25% salvage, +25% contraband)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 42

Sensors
Thermal Imaging 2000'
Light Filter
Amplified Hearing
Sound Filtration
Advanced Speedometer
Depth Gauge
Gyro-Compass
Metal Detector
Molecular Analyzer
Motion Detector 500'/40'
Radar Sensor
Radiation Sensor

Damage:

Sensor Equipment 60% vs 1d100 = 34 | Pass | Using cyborg sensors

The cyborg's head moves back and forth between Doc and the leader of this odd group of people. Doesn't look like it's time to start shooting, Drum thinks. He scans the flanks to make sure there isn't anyone trying to get behind them. Unless Doc gets one of them on a table, I doubt we are going to figure out what is wrong with these people. They don't seem to be starving and seem to be holding their own without a strong military presence. It's time to either drop a deuce or get off the pot.

Drum stifles the urge to reach up and grab one of his rifles. He moves his hand past the grip and to his head as if adjusting his helmet slighly. He realizes he's been holding his breath and the oxygen storage cell has been activated. He releases his breath and begins to breath normally.
Drummond Leighton

Postby CS High Command » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:45 pm

GM Mini-post:

As Drum watches the armored backup for the talkative one (the ones that seem wrong), the cyborg notes that while they are rounding up their families (or may people they know ... who knows), they don't seem to be relaxing like one naturally does after a tense situation. They don't seem to want to DO anything, but they are definitely still on high alert.

(bonus info for crit success on perception)
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Culter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:00 am

JiC: 1d100 = 42 / 1d20 = 19
Perception [49% (+25% Electrical Anomalies | +25% IFF | +10% ID Enemy)]: 1d100 = 66

Demagogue wrote: "We don't go there. A few of the folk near there sell their goods, but more often than not they are turned away by you jackboots. Been some monsters out that way past few weeks, so we've been sticking to well driven trails and home for the most part." ..."You have your answers, now leave, you're scaring my flock."

Culter offers a nod of his head as the men begin to make their leave, he feels his upper lip twitch as this group seems so... wrong. Magic signs on their hands, prepared to try and unleash hell on us. The Zapper thinks to himself. With a decisive precision outside of a military's methods. What are they. This merits further investigation, I think. After the base. He muses.

He'll look to James for the nod, and return to his power armor to mount up. Queuing their secured frequency, "Was it just me, or did those ones just seem... wrong? Hard to put to words. Probably worth investigating later. They had what appeared to be magical signs; weapons perhaps. And they moved with a decisive precision but not a military one." Culter suggests over their secured radio, trailing his last thoughts.

He'll also immediately initiate his suit's environmental controls to give himself a little heat amid standing in the cold for that prolonged period of time, and attempt to scramble any potential listens from listening to their broadcasts. While secured, it doesn't mean someone can't try to listen anyways.

Electronic Countermeasures [60%]: 1d100 = 20 (Prevent his signal from being potentially intercepted by any listeners.)
Lore, Psionics and Psychics [45%]: 1d100 = 2 (Insight as to what they could be) [CRIT SUCCESS]
Lore, Demons and Monsters [45%]: 1d100 = 31 (Insight as to what they could be)

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
Culter
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drummond Leighton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am

(rolls carried)

Culter wrote:He'll look to James for the nod, and return to his power armor to mount up. Queuing their secured frequency, "Was it just me, or did those ones just seem... wrong? Hard to put to words. Probably worth investigating later. They had what appeared to be magical signs; weapons perhaps. And they moved with a decisive precision but not a military one." Culter suggests over their secured radio, trailing his last thoughts.

Thinking back to when he was a boy, Drum remembers a traveling circus who came into the burb his family was living in at the time. He remembers a stall where there was a puppet show. He can't help but compare the guards to this memory. The bad feeling I've had for the last couple of minutes has just moved fully into the heebie-jeebies. He clicks on his own radio to the team's channel. "These guys, it's like they are marionettes. Look at how they are moving, it's like they are dancing on the end of a string. I don't think we can leave this guy behind us."
Drummond Leighton

Postby CS High Command » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Mini GM Update (For Culter)

The more Culter thinks on it, he is drawn back to the concept of possession, but that usually feels different to Dogboys and the signs are different. He thinks of the idea of a parasite he once heard of that controls ants, and wonders if it could be something like that. Something not used to bipedal movement maybe? Either way, in the middle of town, near a ton of potential collateral casualties, is not the place to investigate it, especially not "aggressively".
ImageImage

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Perception - 67%, 1d100 = 47
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 22

"Tai i túl yenya." whispers the scout. Stretching his arms out wide, one up high while the other one is low, Egan attempts to force his tensed up muscles to relax. -Those that come before, wonder why I thought of that. It could fit I guess.- With the conversation seeming to be over, Egan makes his way off the edge of the porch and back to where his armor is sitting. Once the group of things make the porch, he keys the suit to open up so he can climb back inside and be ready to move out.
Culter wrote:"Was it just me, or did those ones just seem... wrong? Hard to put to words. Probably worth investigating later. They had what appeared to be magical signs; weapons perhaps. And they moved with a decisive precision but not a military one."
Drummond Leighton wrote:"These guys, it's like they are marionettes. Look at how they are moving, it's like they are dancing on the end of a string. I don't think we can leave this guy behind us."
Keying up the mic Egan responds, "Yeah, REAL creepy group there. Got no idea on what they are, other than they need to be disposed of. Definitely looked like they had spells ready to sling if things went south." -Now how to cut out this ugly tick before it can do more damage....-
Living The Dream
Stats
Hp - 54/54
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 84/74
Current Penalties:

Head – 50/50
Arms (2) – 40/40 each
Legs (2) – 70/70 each
Main Body – 175/175

NG Stalker Suit

Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Culter » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:31 pm

[[Rolls Held]]

The more Culter thinks on it, he is drawn back to the concept of possession, but that usually feels different to Dogboys and the signs are different. He thinks of the idea of a parasite he once heard of that controls ants, and wonders if it could be something like that. Something not used to bipedal movement maybe? Either way, in the middle of town, near a ton of potential collateral casualties, is not the place to investigate it, especially not "aggressively".

I recall hearing of some sort of parasite type monster that could be the source. Hmm Culter muses as the others speak before keying up again. "A thought occurred to me; There was a certain parasite I recall reading about that controls ants. And another report I saw from a sister unit back when I was front line about these parasite type monsters that burrowed into a brain. I can't say for sure that's what this is, but the similarities are there. Something not accustomed to Bipedal movement so working extra hard to move, but also in a certain type of unison." Culter states, pausing before adding, "This is solely conjecture, I could be way off but that's just my initial thoughts."

Active Abilities:

Active Gear:

Saving Throw Bonuses
Lethal Poison (14+):
Culter