Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Level 1

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Level 1

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Rolls
Notice: 1d20+1 = 5 +3 more if electronics or machines
JiC1d100 = 58
JiC1d20 = 12

Awards
One quick scan of the brass in attendance and Lyndon’s mouth goes dry. He makes a consious effort to straighten his stance despite the fact that he was still out of sight. ’I’d rather not be on any of their radars.’ he finds himself thinking. Honest fighting was bad enough, but getting pulled into shadow conflicts between the big boys nothing but trouble. ’Well, if they’re going to know my name I guess it’s best it’s for something good.’

By the time the ceremony actually starts he has his game face on again, but it nearly cracks when the first announcements come.

Taylor...Quinn...O’Neill...Wolfe...Elias...Jenkins...Crawford...Werner...Dobbie...King… 'Everyone dead with just me left again. Taylor should have made the break for it, let me stay behind.’ The sight of Taylor’s mother receiving the award was particularly harsh, yet another justification of why the young lieutenant should have been the one to carry the objective out.

Suddenly, he realizes they’ve just called his name. He steps forward following the rehearsed steps. He didn’t hold things up, but he can tell from a few of the looks his way that he was right on the cusp. He accepts the award, medal and rank with an outward appreciation. It wasn’t false, he felt proud their mission had been accomplished, that every member of second platoon had been willing to lay down their lives for success. It was just bittersweet to be the only one around to receive credit.

He forces himself to pay attention to the rest of the ceremony. For one thing he knows even “almost” screwing up again would probably be enough to earn him grief afterwards. More importantly, he owes it to his new platoon to honor their deeds just as his were honored.

The dismissal from the stage was a welcome relief for Lyndon. He knew they'd likely still be focused on for the rest of the night at least the "all eyes on you" part of the event was over. Stepping quickly down from the stage he notices that around the room there are people using the break to get up and move around. Changing his course before he can overthink anything he heads to the table where his new COs are assigned. He greets each quickly before walking around the table to the older woman. "Major Taylor, I am very sorry for your loss he was a great soldier. I can't go into details obviously, but I want you to know our mission would have failed without your son, and I definitely would not have made it out." He stays just long enough to be polite before heading for his table. The waiters were entering the hall and it wouldn't do to throw off the schedule.

The Table
Settling in at his table he makes sure to properly greet each officer and NCO at their table, including his new platoon mates who all substantially outranked him. Looking over the menu he debates if requesting something be left off would be appropriate before ordering the basil fettucini. He’ll just pick around the olives. He almost resisted the urge to check the edge of the knife and discreetly test it’s balance...almost. Some things became a part of you, and even buried in the heart of one of the most secure places in this sad world he still couldn’t help but assess his surroundings and run through scenarios of things going wrong.

Egan Grey wrote:"Congratulations guys, you earned it."

Lyndon inclines his glass in response to the newly minted Staff Sergeant, they’d paid their due elsewhere so he didn’t presume to be included but he was going to show his agreement regardless.

CS High Command wrote:"If you boys ever want to transfer to regular army, or take over the Second's barracks at Fort Resilience, look me up. I'm with Second Battalion. Knew a lot of those guys in Second Platoon. Some served with me in Spec Ops before I switched to regular army years ago, and some of them I met there. Good folks all of them." She smiles.

”After a show like this I have a feeling the decision of what we’re doing next has already been made, and our preference isn’t going to matter. Who did you serve with from the second? Provided you’re allowed to say of course.”
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Standard Rolls
Perception 1d20+4 = 8
JIC 1d20 = 8
JIC 1d100 = 67

Pomp. Circumstance. The very most V of the VIPs in attendance. Food way above his paygrade. Medals, and more medals. Promotions. Snoopy goes all googly-eyed about half way through the ceremony, only his drilled in discipline saving him from a terrible gaffe. But returning to his table, box in hand, head in the clouds he sits. He's quiet for a moment, probably his table-mates are relieved, he has that look of someone who might prattle on. In a daze he points at the menu selection more or less randomly (the duck) and a semi-coherent request for ice-water. But he starts to settle down, the shock starts to wear off. First to his left he says, "Wow. Wow. My dad was Special Forces, I never imagined I'd follow in his footsteps. Wow!" Turning to his right then, he says, "This is amazing, it all started with an ambush by some Indians, wiped my regular army unit out, except for me and that dog boy over there. We call him Caesar. Yeah, this is awesome." Motioning across the table and continuing until he's harassed everyone, Snoopy does indeed prattle on, touching on every subject dear to him: the military, flying, Into the Flames, other shows, more about flying, more about the military... and on and on. Good thing he's actually a nice guy!
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 pm

Awards Ceremony
    Date: June 10, 109 PA
    Time: 1830
    Temp: 70 degrees
    Weather: Outside the city it is raining
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Level 1 of the Chi-Town Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Awards Banquet Room 15.
During the Dinner

John Freeman wrote:"Sir, thank you for the gift of these two medals. I appreciate it. We wouldn't have been able to do this job if you didn't know how to balance giving us latitude and giving us direction. These really are your medals, earned by your leadership ability." Okay, maybe a little thick but Freeman's in penetrable charm makes it sound extremely sincere and convincing. And, in many ways he meant it. It's always easier to exaggerate a truth than to tell a lie.

The general merely shakes his head. "By my eye for talent, maybe. But the leadership was yours and Howlett's. And my boy, I'm quite aware of your background and your skill set, you don't need to sell me." He nods to the room above. "But there's one or two up there I'd suggest you turn that charm on though. People in power are placing bets on their favorite horses, and you two, Grey, and Toretto are prime stallions. For your own sakes, I suggest you pick and choose who you approach. Parties like this have a tendency to make or break careers."

James Howlett wrote:James smiles as warmly as his mangled face allows. "Oh initially, Cybernetics and Bionics, but I hold PHD's in Medical sciences and Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. I spent my early years in Lonestar with the 2nd Battalion. As of late though I spend more time mucking through fields than doing actual medical work." James says with a friendly tone. "As for the letters, that's a new one for me, I have not seen that many either. It makes me proud to be their commanding officer." It is a little strange. "Not that this is my first awards ceremony, it has just been a while. And special operations groups do not get recognized nearly as often as regular army it seems. Major Smith where do you run out of? I would assume Chi-town but with the amount of traveling I see among the brass here, I cannot say for certain."

About that time, Jericho politely interrupts.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:"Major Taylor, I am very sorry for your loss he was a great soldier. I can't go into details obviously, but I want you to know our mission would have failed without your son, and I definitely would not have made it out." He stays just long enough to be polite before heading for his table. The waiters were entering the hall and it wouldn't do to throw off the schedule.

The Major smiles warmly to Jericho. "So you're that new psi-tech he'd been talking about. Good to meet you my boy." She offers and hand and shakes his. "I know my son thought well of your loyalty and performance. You might not know it, but he actually had to send reports about you and a couple others in the platoon to my team at Psi-Battalion Research. We are on the technology and psionic integration team, so abilities like yours are of great interest to us. He'd pass on non-classified reports to us from time to time. It also allowed he and I to write each other often as well, so it was an added benefit for me. You'll do well moving forward." She shakes his hand, and shooes him off to his seat for dinner.

She turns to James. "Did I hear correctly that they rolled him into your command?" When he acknowledges this, she nods sagely. "Good, you'll find his gifts useful. As you heard me tell him, I work with psionic-technology integration research. Everything from mind-machine interface technology, mind over matter cybernetic research, and even the punitive bionics used on enemy magic users and psychics all are our playground. I'm on a few teams, but my speciality is Mind over Matter research. Everything from expanding psionic ability to focusing it. One thing we're trying to do is find just how invasive we can be without long term mental stability issues. Give smaller boost than the standard 'crazy' treatment, but also one that the mind can accept without damage. Eventually we'd love to move to a completely genetic based rewrite, but we're not there yet. One day though." She smiles as she speaks of her work. One thing James noticed was how she neatly sidestepped the question of where, but without shutting it down. Perhaps in conversation later.

Egan Grey wrote:"Honestly I've never really cared about rank, I would have been content with remaining a PFC for my entire career. Command seems to have other ideas, but if they want a Staff Sergeant, then that is what they will get." His voice matches his bewildered expression as he talks about his new rank, but it ends with conviction.

She smiles. "That's a good attitude Staff Sergeant. Wish we had a dozen like you in Old Chicago with that kind of attitude. I could get some shit done." She smirks. "Eh, who am I kidding, some butter bar would probably take all the credit anyway. But that's what they are for. Taking the credit so they limit the amount of times they promote the backbone of the army."

Egan Grey wrote:"The meat grinder...I'm sorry. Growing up in the burbs that was one of the names I heard it called and I think it should be us thanking you for everything you do on a daily basis for us here Command Sergeant Major." With his glass still in hand, Egan raises it once more and solemnly offers a toast once more as the faces of those he knew and lost played through his mind. "For those that cannot be with us. We remember." He downs the rest remnants of his glass and sets it down. He takes a moment to gather himself before looking back over at CSM Grimm, "What made you decide to switch over from Spec Ops if you don't mind me asking?"

She smiles, though it is a bit painful. In truth the amount of lives she saw lost each year had to be staggering. She joins in the toast. "We remember." She puts down the glass. She shrugs about his apology and his return thanks. "We who tread the dark places of this world rarely think of how we affect the world around us. Mostly we just try to survive. That we all have in common. As for my switch, well let's say I'm not as enamored of all people in that room up there. There's one in particular I know well from all the time I worked for him. Let me just say, if a certain Colonel takes a shine to you, run. His reputation is not even close to the complete truth, and only half as brutal. I was spec force recon, so putting me in Old Chicago as an experienced NCO just made sense, even if I was a political landmine. One thing I like about the Grinder, all that bullshit fades away. But don't tell anyone I said that, they'd likely put me up for a medical check." She chuckles at this.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:”After a show like this I have a feeling the decision of what we’re doing next has already been made, and our preference isn’t going to matter. Who did you serve with from the second? Provided you’re allowed to say of course.”

"You're probably not wrong Corporal. I knew most of Second platoon above sergeant, you were too junior to be let in on our poker tournament. In addition, I'd been in recon with Quinn and O'Neill came from the Fighting Joes."

Snoopy wrote:"Wow. Wow. My dad was Special Forces, I never imagined I'd follow in his footsteps. Wow!"

The CSM does a double take as she looks at his name tag. She breathes in. "Those are some big shoes to fill, assuming its Major Diego Toretto who was your father. I worked with him before. His loss affected a lot of folks. You have my condolences." Even though he was listed as MIA, everyone, including his mother, considers him dead. So it wasn't the first time Snoopy had heard the platitude. But it was the first time anyone said they'd worked with him!

Mane wrote: "You... were one of my mother's... creators?" he asked the man with an uncharacteristically timid voice.

"Indeed, though it's more realistic to say she was one of hundreds we helped bring to life. Always headstrong, but loyal to her pride. Made her a good soldier. But I don't want you to have the image that I took her out of the creche tube myself. Still, she was a good hunter. Once we get some samples from you, we're going to compare them to what we have on file from both of your forebears and see how it all lines up. The tensile strength in your muscles is incredible and completely unforseen."

Mane wrote:"Truth to tell I've only seen the pilot episode, but it would be an honor to be by your side for the tour of your facilities and meet the wee ones. ... Maybe that give them inspirational word or two while I'm there."

Caesar wrote:"YES! Um, I mean yes Major, it'd be an honor. Sir. And don't listen to Mane here, we're all caught up on the show so we don't need to worry about spoilers."
Caesar gave Mane a glance that seemed to say, don't ruin this for me!

He laughs. "Absolutely. In fact when we get done with dinner, why don't we go now? They just got done taping a while ago, but we're actually set up to give you guys cameos in an upcoming episode as guest trainers. You'll be the prey they are hunting Private. Not often we have someone with your strength. It's a good way to teach them pack tactics. And you PFC, will be leading them and telling them how to utilize each other. Assuming you're both up for it, of course. It will take a few weeks to shoot it all, plus go through the pre-training and rehearsals, but it should be a blast. We've already cleared it with your company command. Oh and there is some additional downtime perks, but I won't spoil the surprise." He grins conspiratorially at this.

Mane wrote:He then added, very cautiouly, "And Major... Sir... Would you be offended if I called you... Grandpa Givens?"

If he is either offended or honored, he shows neither. "I'd prefer you didn't. But I do appreciate the thought. As I said, I was but one of dozens that worked on your mother. But I am very glad to have met you Private." He gives the cat a winning smile that makes Mane feel warm inside.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:20 pm

OOC Comments
Perception 1d20+4 = 8
JIC 1d20 = 8
JIC 1d100 = 19

The CSM does a double take as she looks at his name tag. She breathes in. "Those are some big shoes to fill, assuming its Major Diego Toretto who was your father. I worked with him before. His loss affected a lot of folks. You have my condolences." Even though he was listed as MIA, everyone, including his mother, considers him dead. So it wasn't the first time Snoopy had heard the platitude. But it was the first time anyone said they'd worked with him!

"Major, sir, thank you, that is my father. Even if my mom still has hope, I am sure he's gone. Is there anything you can tell me about his last mission? I assume my security clearance is higher now. Anything would be wonderful to hear. Even just something about what he was like. He was very strict about keeping his work secret. All we knew was he'd go away and eventually come back." Snoopy is not a hard case, so he gets a little misty eyed as he speaks. The dazzle of the pomp is forgotten as the topic of his father takes shape.
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby John Freeman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 4

CS High Command wrote:The general merely shakes his head. "By my eye for talent, maybe. But the leadership was yours and Howlett's. And my boy, I'm quite aware of your background and your skill set, you don't need to sell me." He nods to the room above. "But there's one or two up there I'd suggest you turn that charm on though. People in power are placing bets on their favorite horses, and you two, Grey, and Toretto are prime stallions. For your own sakes, I suggest you pick and choose who you approach. Parties like this have a tendency to make or break careers."

"Roger that general. Going to kiss assess and speak badly about the other stallions so I can get ahead," Freeman replies with a sarcastic tone not really befitting of addressing a General. "Anyone in particular I should be kissing?"

With instructions from General Floyd, Freeman makes his way slowly through the room nodding and smiling before reaching the upper levels where the high and mighty were making bets on the future of peons like him, Always a system you gotta work. Whether a con man in the streets or a military brass monkey.

Before he approaches, the Lieutenant hangs around nearby, eavesdropping a little.

Should upgrade my ear implant to include amplified hearing.

Surveillance 1d100 = 36 /74% to listen but not been seen to be listening.
Current Identity: Lt. John Freeman (CS Military Specialist)
H.P.: 21/21
S.D.C.: 17/17

CA-7 Special Forces Heavy Dead Boy Armor
Helmet: 75/75
Arms: 60/60
Legs: 80/80
Main Body: 100/100

On Person
CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol 21/21
CP-40 Laser Pulse Rifle 21/21

Constant Effects: None.
Current Condition: A-1
John Freeman

Postby CS High Command » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 am

Floyd just smirks. "Reel it in LT, before you can't. As for which, employ those deductive skills and choose wisely. Might circulate and ask questions. Just like any information gathering excercise you aim for the top, but you work the bottom."
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby John Freeman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:45 am

((rolls held))

Shurgging at the General's less than helpful advice Freeman keeps his eyes out for some of Colonel Lyboc's lackeys, no doubt they were here trying to gathering information in much that same way he is, Ahh the game within the game

I.D. Undercover Agent 1d100 = 27 /60%

Once he makes one of Lyboc's people, Freeman will approach smiling and let them know they've been burned.

"The Colonel pay extra for spying on officers?"

On Person

John Freeman

Postby Mane » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 72%

CS High Command wrote:
Mane wrote:He then added, very cautiouly, "And Major... Sir... Would you be offended if I called you... Grandpa Givens?"

If he is either offended or honored, he shows neither. "I'd prefer you didn't. But I do appreciate the thought. As I said, I was but one of dozens that worked on your mother. But I am very glad to have met you Private." He gives the cat a winning smile that makes Mane feel warm inside.

"No no. Of course, sir." Mane said almost apologeticly while internally berating himself. Stupid!! Stupid!! Stupid!! Don't fuck this up!!

He did his best to regain his composure. With an elbow to Caesar he then added. ... and anytime you want to go, Caesar and I will be right behind you... But take your time, please. This is too good of a meal to waste. Wouldn't want you to rush your way through on our account."

With a sense of giddy anticipation welling up in the murderous cat's person, he turned to beam a jubilant smile at his favorite hunting partner, Caesar. But as he turned his head, Mane's predatory eyes instinctively scanned the room with the pan of his head. After grinning to Ceasar, his brain caught up and gave his awareness a status report of what it noticed.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:He almost resisted the urge to check the edge of the knife and discreetly test it’s balance...almost. Some things became a part of you, and even buried in the heart of one of the most secure places in this sad world he still couldn’t help but assess his surroundings and run through scenarios of things going wrong.

There was a wolf in the room. Mane could see it in the man's eyes. The way he couldn't resist exploring his weapon options; the way his eyes examined the room for weaknesses and angles of attack; the way his face betrayed the scheming of his mind for scenarios, contingencies, and backup plans. Mane's expression of happy and starstruck melted into his normal threatening scowl and bearly-contained fury. Not on my watch, motherfucker, he thought to himself.

He held his gaze at Lyndon untill the new addition to the team noticed the burning red of Mane's bionic eye zeroing in on him. Once he had his attention, the murderous cat likewise picked up his knife from the table, took a moment to slowly shake his head in a clear no, and then just as slowly placed it back down on the table. The intended message couldn't be made much clearer; no funny business would be tolerated, no matter what rank or racial superiority status the man held in the Coalition. Sure, Lyndon was trusted by the top brass, but who knows what kind of P.T.S.D. homicidal rage was in thr man's mind... It rained SLUGS on the man! That's got to mess a man's head up!!

When he turned his gaze back towards Grandpa Givens, Mane relaxed his murder-stare into something much more sociable. "Ahhh, I can't wait to meet the pups! This is going to be good!"
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 77
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 42
S.D.C.: 61
M.D.C. by Location:
• Hands (2): 50 each.
• Forearms (2): 50 each.
• “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40
• Upper Arms (2): 70 each.
• Legs (2): 90 each.
• Bionic Ribs: 13
• Bionic Pelvis: 13
• Bionic Spine: 13

CS High Command wrote:She turns to James. "Did I hear correctly that they rolled him into your command?" When he acknowledges this, she nods sagely. "Good, you'll find his gifts useful. As you heard me tell him, I work with psionic-technology integration research. Everything from mind-machine interface technology, mind over matter cybernetic research, and even the punitive bionics used on enemy magic users and psychics all are our playground. I'm on a few teams, but my speciality is Mind over Matter research. Everything from expanding psionic ability to focusing it. One thing we're trying to do is find just how invasive we can be without long term mental stability issues. Give smaller boost than the standard 'crazy' treatment, but also one that the mind can accept without damage. Eventually we'd love to move to a completely genetic based rewrite, but we're not there yet. One day though." She smiles as she speaks of her work. One thing James noticed was how she neatly sidestepped the question of where, but without shutting it down. Perhaps in conversation later.

James' eyes light up at the topic of conversation. "Oh really, that is fascinating. I have been working on a design for a modified Mind Over Matter implat that would allow the user to split their attention, so far it is only in theoretical stage. I hope to work some more on it with the bit of down time we are likely to receive in the near future. As for psionic based implants, I have a scout that may be interested in some of their features. The idea of Genetic based programming is fascinating as well, and I would love to see the research into that, though I am certain that will not be an allowable thing. Much the shame in my opinion, but it is what it is. I should go and say hello to Colonel Black, before the party is over. If you would excuse me." James says politely to a very interesting woman.

James gets up from his chair and walks directly to the area Lieutenant Colonel Black is sitting. "Greetings." James says to the table in general. "Colonel Black, do you have a few minutes to spare for a conversation?"
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby CS High Command » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 pm

GM Mini-reply

John Freeman wrote:"The Colonel pay extra for spying on officers?"

The fellow chuckles, an officer himself, smirks. "Nah, just the perks of good food and a continued paycheck. I heard you were pretty decent. I'd ask what happened in Ishpeming, but what you can tell me you can't, and I couldn't confirm what I know. Good job out in the boondocks though. Special Forces seems to be your cup of tea." There's so many veiled insults and compliments, it's hard telling where one ends and one begins. Whoever this, a quick check of his rank reveals Major, is, he is incredibly prepared and petty enough to fire back when busted.

James Howlett wrote:"Oh really, that is fascinating. I have been working on a design for a modified Mind Over Matter implant that would allow the user to split their attention, so far it is only in theoretical stage. I hope to work some more on it with the bit of down time we are likely to receive in the near future."

He has her attention at this. "Really, tell me more, in general I mean. Have you accounted for the cerebral drift? We've done some work on it in the past - it's in the journals so I'm sure you read it - but we never could get past a schizophrenic break every time we used it. We eventually had to move to Dogboys because we were running through so many volunteers. We just couldn't make it work and maintain cognition. I assume you have some thoughts on that." Of course anyone listening close to the two might be appalled at the idea of causing permanent mental illness as an unfortunate side effect of experimentation. To James and the Major, however, this was simply another aspect of the design and research process.
James Howlett wrote:"As for psionic based implants, I have a scout that may be interested in some of their features."

She looks surprised, but then smiles ruefully. "I shouldn't be surprised he knows of them if he's in your squad. If you want to send him our way, we can evaluate him for the procedure. and give him the counseling if he wants to do it."
James Howlett wrote:"The idea of Genetic based programming is fascinating as well, and I would love to see the research into that, though I am certain that will not be an allowable thing. Much the shame in my opinion, but it is what it is. I should go and say hello to Colonel Black, before the party is over. If you would excuse me." James says politely to a very interesting woman.

"Oh I'm sure you can strike up the conversation, but you're not getting in without help." She rises and offers her arm. "I need to talk to my CO anyway." She winks and accompanies him. When they get stopped at the door a look at the Major's name and uniform makes the sentry think twice and he has a quick conversation over a radio. James can hear the conversation and it's basically a full rundown of who's asking to get in. There's not even a concern for his arm candy, but James is a bit of a wild card until Colonel Black herself okays him to come through.

Colonel Black is sitting in conversation with someone James recognizes the face of - he's part of High Command - but he doesn't remember the name. She excuses herself, and the man leaves, moving to talk to Lyboc. She invites James and the Major to sit. She looks first to her subordinate with a soft warm smile she is not known for in her public persona. Still every officer who has command has to deal with loss, and James is actually trained in grief counseling, so he sees the clinical precision in her empathic response. "I know I said it already Miranda, but my condolences on the loss of your son." She meant it as far as James could tell, and why wouldn't she. The loss of a good officer always hurts. She looks to James and extends a hand. "Congratulations on your successful mission Captain Howlett. So what brings you two to such high country."
Major Taylor chuckles and admits somewhat guiltily. "Me, I just wanted to keep talking to someone with such interesting ideas. You know he's toying with that dual mind implant idea we shelved. And he has someone in his squad who might want to look at the psi-implant process. It's not often you hear of a researcher with such skill out in the field in command of special forces. He seemed hell bent on talking to you ma'am."
Colonel Black looks back at James and cocks her head curiously. "Alright Captain, I'm listening."

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Major, sir, thank you, that is my father. Even if my mom still has hope, I am sure he's gone. Is there anything you can tell me about his last mission? I assume my security clearance is higher now. Anything would be wonderful to hear. Even just something about what he was like. He was very strict about keeping his work secret. All we knew was he'd go away and eventually come back."

"Well you're in the teams, so I can tell you know one knows anything, and I mean the people who should know, don't. I last worked with him about a year before he disappeared. As far as the unofficial official record is concerned, he's MIA assumed a casualty. He could just be in some long term op or deep cover, but that's just as likely to mean the same thing at this point. And I only know that because there's a few colonels that owe me favors. I had a close friend on his team, so I was motivated to look. Just don't go around repeating that. We technically aren't supposed to know."

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Snoopy’s face is a veiled mix of conflicting emotions. Any news about his missing father is welcome. News that no one knows what happened is troubling. He struggles to hold back more questions, he’s learning that these people say what they can and that asking for more is asking for trouble. Plus, he now has his own secrets, the 110ths and his darker personal doubts. So he simply says, “Roger that sir, thank you. It means a lot.”
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 76
CS High Command wrote:
Egan Grey wrote:"Honestly I've never really cared about rank, I would have been content with remaining a PFC for my entire career. Command seems to have other ideas, but if they want a Staff Sergeant, then that is what they will get." His voice matches his bewildered expression as he talks about his new rank, but it ends with conviction.
She smiles. "That's a good attitude Staff Sergeant. Wish we had a dozen like you in Old Chicago with that kind of attitude. I could get some shit done." She smirks. "Eh, who am I kidding, some butter bar would probably take all the credit anyway. But that's what they are for. Taking the credit so they limit the amount of times they promote the backbone of the army."
Egan Grey wrote:"The meat grinder...I'm sorry. Growing up in the burbs that was one of the names I heard it called and I think it should be us thanking you for everything you do on a daily basis for us here Command Sergeant Major." With his glass still in hand, Egan raises it once more and solemnly offers a toast once more as the faces of those he knew and lost played through his mind. "For those that cannot be with us. We remember." He downs the rest remnants of his glass and sets it down. He takes a moment to gather himself before looking back over at CSM Grimm, "What made you decide to switch over from Spec Ops if you don't mind me asking?"
She smiles, though it is a bit painful. In truth the amount of lives she saw lost each year had to be staggering. She joins in the toast. "We remember." She puts down the glass. She shrugs about his apology and his return thanks. "We who tread the dark places of this world rarely think of how we affect the world around us. Mostly we just try to survive. That we all have in common. As for my switch, well let's say I'm not as enamored of all people in that room up there. There's one in particular I know well from all the time I worked for him. Let me just say, if a certain Colonel takes a shine to you, run. His reputation is not even close to the complete truth, and only half as brutal. I was spec force recon, so putting me in Old Chicago as an experienced NCO just made sense, even if I was a political landmine. One thing I like about the Grinder, all that bullshit fades away. But don't tell anyone I said that, they'd likely put me up for a medical check." She chuckles at this.

Lyndon Jericho wrote:”After a show like this I have a feeling the decision of what we’re doing next has already been made, and our preference isn’t going to matter. Who did you serve with from the second? Provided you’re allowed to say of course.”
"You're probably not wrong Corporal. I knew most of Second platoon above sergeant, you were too junior to be let in on our poker tournament. In addition, I'd been in recon with Quinn and O'Neill came from the Fighting Joes."

Egan smiles as CSM Grimm's pronouncement that she would get stuff done with more like himself, but the officers would just be the ones to benefit from the work. He nods in agreement when she states that is what they are there for. -Fine by me, I hope I never have to deal with command.- As she speaks about her switch Egan lets the CSM's words and warning sink in and goes silent for a moment in contemplation as the newest addition to the squad points out the obvious elephant in the room, at least in regards to them. Egan opens his mouth to continue the conversation when Snoopy's awe struck voice carries over the table.
CS High Command wrote:
Snoopy wrote:"Wow. Wow. My dad was Special Forces, I never imagined I'd follow in his footsteps. Wow!"

The CSM does a double take as she looks at his name tag. She breathes in. "Those are some big shoes to fill, assuming its Major Diego Toretto who was your father. I worked with him before. His loss affected a lot of folks. You have my condolences." Even though he was listed as MIA, everyone, including his mother, considers him dead. So it wasn't the first time Snoopy had heard the platitude. But it was the first time anyone said they'd worked with him.
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Major, sir, thank you, that is my father. Even if my mom still has hope, I am sure he's gone. Is there anything you can tell me about his last mission? I assume my security clearance is higher now. Anything would be wonderful to hear. Even just something about what he was like. He was very strict about keeping his work secret. All we knew was he'd go away and eventually come back."

"Well you're in the teams, so I can tell you know one knows anything, and I mean the people who should know, don't. I last worked with him about a year before he disappeared. As far as the unofficial official record is concerned, he's MIA assumed a casualty. He could just be in some long term op or deep cover, but that's just as likely to mean the same thing at this point. And I only know that because there's a few colonels that owe me favors. I had a close friend on his team, so I was motivated to look. Just don't go around repeating that. We technically aren't supposed to know."
Egan listens to the exchange with some interest, but looks completely bored when the CSM gets to the last part. -Well that just proves that not everyone in this world has a worthless piece of shit as a father. I really do hope he can get the answers that he deserves. Hell, I'd even help him if I could at some point.....but we'll have to see what the brass has in store for all of us.- As a lull appears in the table talk, Egan fills the silence once more. "For the moment, I'm sure our command staff is in the cross-hairs way before us....But I will definitely keep that in mind." Wiping his face with a napkin, Egan folds in up and places it on the table as he continues. "All I really want to do now is get some fresh air and see the open sky again if possible." He stands up from the table and pushes in his chair as he looks over at CSM Grimm with a smile. "It was a pleasure meeting you Command Sergeant Major, if you ever need a hand, I'd be willing to help out." With a nod to those at the table, Egan moves off to try and find some fresh air and hopefully look out at the actual sky again. -I liked her. And I wish her the best of luck out there.-

OOC Comments
[Intelligence – 67%, 1d100 = 5, PASS] -To spot any interested partners or tails that might be keeping tabs on him
[Streetwise – 52%, 1d100 = 19, PASS] -To spot any interested partners or tails that might be keeping tabs on him
[Prowl – 82%, 1d100 = 12, PASS] -To try and lose any ones attention, and if there is a balcony or something to find the darkest corner to sit in
[Military Etiquette - 30%, 1d100 = 18, PASS] -To keep up with protocols and such
[Detect Ambush (6th) - 50%, 1d100 = 21, PASS] -To spot any interested partners or tails that might be keeping tabs on him
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 5
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 54
Constant Effects
Conditions: Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45% (50% vs Armed Forces Personnel), Charm/Impress: -10%.
Scarred, ugly man: -5% on skills like Gambling, Intelligence (gathering), Performance, Public Speaking, and Undercover Ops, and -20% to Seduction. Note: +5% to Interrogation skill, Limited Sense of touch: -15% to skills that require manual dexterity.
Cybernetic Senses: Cybernetic Multi-Optic Eye (Telescopic: 4-8x30 magnification, range: 6,000', Macro Lens: 2x to 8x magnification, range: 3', Passive Nightvision: 2,000', Thermo-Imaging: 2,000', Light Filters: Reduces glare, Targeting Display: Imposes cross-hairs on a target, adding a bonus of +1 to Strike with any ranged weapon.) Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Sensor Hand (Heat: Temperature at 4-6 inch range, Motion detector: Bionics Sourcebook page 36-37, Radiation Detector: As per Geiger Counter, Gyro-Compass: All cardinal directions as well as up down, Clock-Calendar: Date/Time down to the hundredth of a second.)
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
M.D.C. by Location:

Major Taylor
CS High Command wrote:He has her attention at this. "Really, tell me more, in general I mean. Have you accounted for the cerebral drift? We've done some work on it in the past - it's in the journals so I'm sure you read it - but we never could get past a schizophrenic break every time we used it. We eventually had to move to Dogboys because we were running through so many volunteers. We just couldn't make it work and maintain cognition. I assume you have some thoughts on that." Of course anyone listening close to the two might be appalled at the idea of causing permanent mental illness as an unfortunate side effect of experimentation. To James and the Major, however, this was simply another aspect of the design and research process.

James thinks on his research and remembers the problem coming up in his mathematical simulations. "I considered using a process that is used in the creation of Delphi Juicers to attempt stabilization. Though I have only mathematical simulations to back my theory at the moment." James says, hoping deep down inside that his math was at least close to right. "As for the rest it almost seems an easy process of dividing the minds attention. Though I am certain that the chance of mental instability will be there, just drastically reduced."

CS High Command wrote:She looks surprised, but then smiles ruefully. "I shouldn't be surprised he knows of them if he's in your squad. If you want to send him our way, we can evaluate him for the procedure. and give him the counseling if he wants to do it."

"I will let him know as soon as the time is available." James says with a smile.

CS High Command wrote:"Oh I'm sure you can strike up the conversation, but you're not getting in without help." She rises and offers her arm. "I need to talk to my CO anyway."

James smiles at the woman. "Please lead the way." James say as he gets up from his seat and offers his arm.

Lt. Col. Black
CS High Command wrote:"I know I said it already Miranda, but my condolences on the loss of your son." She meant it as far as James could tell, and why wouldn't she. The loss of a good officer always hurts. She looks to James and extends a hand. "Congratulations on your successful mission Captain Howlett. So what brings you two to such high country."

Major Taylor chuckles and admits somewhat guiltily. "Me, I just wanted to keep talking to someone with such interesting ideas. You know he's toying with that dual mind implant idea we shelved. And he has someone in his squad who might want to look at the psi-implant process. It's not often you hear of a researcher with such skill out in the field in command of special forces. He seemed hell bent on talking to you ma'am." Colonel Black looks back at James and cocks her head curiously. "Alright Captain, I'm listening."

James smiles. "Thank you for the praise Colonel. I was talking to Major Taylor about a pet project I've been designing in my spare time. I was hoping to pass the info to you and yours for testing, being in Special Operations leaves me with little time to actually manufacture Cyberware from scratch. Also I have a piece of private information for you concerning an asset that Psi-Bat would likely find very useful in operations out west." James says while producing a slip of paper with a simple list of coordinates and a pass code written on it. James slides it across the table to the Lieutenant Colonel. "On other news, what the hell Colonel Black? I thought I was being picked up by your team, not special forces." James says the slightest bit of bitterness in his professional sounding voice.
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby CS High Command » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:36 am

(GM mini-update)
Carol Black takes the paper, looks at it, looks blank a moment, and then smiles thinly, intuiting what she has. She nods, looking at it one last time, and then uses a nearby candle to burn it, and pours some water on the ashes, stirring them with a spoon into the ashtray. James can think of at least three different ways she could have stored the numbers, but the simplicity of their destruction was a nice touch.

At his last sentence, Miranda looks confused, but Colonel Black merely gives a half shrug, looking almost guilty. Her voice drops to a whisper. "I knew that question was coming. The short version? I was outmaneuvered by one of the dirtiest of underhanded bastards there is." Her eyes cut to Lyboc, but she smirks evenly. "You were actually slated for Major Taylor's team as part of her support staff. Of course she was a Captain then. Of course I'll be honest, it cost the other party too. But that's a conversation to have in a nice quiet place with less alcohol and fewer untrustworthy ears and eyes."

She cocks her head. "Certain cybernetic adjustments aside, your career has survived the move better than most, I'd say. And it has led us to where we can both be much more helpful to each other. I'll have an email be sent to you with a range of schedule options. I want you to come in and talk with me over the next few days. So we can discuss the future."

Miranda adds in, "And I'll send you the contact for that coordinator for your man. No need letting dust collect." Her mein is curious, but she asks no questions, nor demands any answers. She obviously trusts her CO enough to follow her lead. Which speaks volumes about the Lt. Colonel.

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 85
Constant Effects
Epic Info
Epic Info
Character Sheet
Epic Equipment list
M.D.C. by Location:

James nods to Colonel Black. "Yes ma'am. I can likely find some time in my schedule to make a visit." James says with a smile that says he'd make the time even if he didn't have it. Who knows maybe I'll get the implant finished and be able to reap it's benefits. James looks to Major Taylor. "I am certain that Sergeant Grey would appreciate that. I feel he's going to have a great deal of things going for him in the next few months." James says with a warm smile to the woman. Refreshing, a woman with intelligence. James thinks before pausing. I wonder if she is a psychic? Well nothing to be done about it now, either she has read my mind or she has not. James finishes thinking with a smirk. "If you ladies excuse me, I need to speak with my sister before her boorish husband makes it difficult." James says with a nod towards the two.

If given leave James will seek out his older sister Olivia, hoping to find her away from her husband, but accepting his fate if he's there. "Dear sister, It is nice to see you." James says. (If Major Harrison is there, James will greet him as well, though it will come out a bit curt.) "I am both surprised and non-surprised you are here, always a belle in society." James says offering his older sibling a hug, awkward or not. To those watching, especially James' team, they'll likely be surprised to see the Doc showing anything that resembles affection to someone. "I am guessing that I will be in town at least a few days, we should make plans for a lunch or dinner to discuss how things have been."
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby John Freeman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 97

CS High Command wrote:
John Freeman wrote:"The Colonel pay extra for spying on officers?"

The fellow chuckles, an officer himself, smirks. "Nah, just the perks of good food and a continued paycheck. I heard you were pretty decent. I'd ask what happened in Ishpeming, but what you can tell me you can't, and I couldn't confirm what I know. Good job out in the boondocks though. Special Forces seems to be your cup of tea." There's so many veiled insults and compliments, it's hard telling where one ends and one begins. Whoever this, a quick check of his rank reveals Major, is, he is incredibly prepared and petty enough to fire back when busted.

Sycophant, Freeman thinks to himself labelling this new pain in the ass immediately. However, he keeps his cool demeanour and doesn't play the dick measuring game. It was such a pain to unravel his from his pant leg after all. Instead he smiles and extends a hand, "Well I assume you know I'm John Freeman. Be nice to know your name, or alias at least. And since the Colonel is paying. Maybe you can get me one of those drinks you got there."

Invoke Trust, 1d100 = 92 /75%

On Person

John Freeman

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Snoopy is a little put off that Egan joins in the conversation, but that quickly is reversed once the slight embarrassment of his daddy-issues is gone. Now he has someone to talk to, and Egan is the most "normal" of the 110th anyway, so might as well make the most of the situation. Snoopy nods at the CSM, a subtle thank you again. Then he says, "Grey, hold on, seeing some sky and fresh air sounds good. I'll go with."
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:11 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Grey, hold on, seeing some sky and fresh air sounds good. I'll go with."
When Egan hear's Snoopy's voice as he is about to walk away from the table he is a little taken aback and stops. -Odd, I figured he would want to stick around or at least not hang out with the weird quiet guy. Oh, well.- "Sure thing." Egan replies as he waits for the combat jock to get up and join him in moving towards the hopefully fresh air of a balcony nearby. -Guess he doesn't like being cooped up like me.- Keeping his head moving around and his eyes peeled for anyone else taking interest in them moving off, Egan glances over at the pilot and asks. "So you think we're gonna get some R an R outta this or just this small stop before getting tossed back in it?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}

Mane continue to enjoy his meal, finishing it off with a hearty and almost childish "Mmmmmmm-Mmm"

He took in his surroundings completely relishing the occasion and those about him. As he did so he kept an eye on the new guy Jericho... his shifty nature, the way the man constantly evaluated the weapon options around him, his absence thousand-meter stare... Mane was certain he would need to keep close eye on this one.

And then something else got his attention.

James Howlett wrote:... To those watching, especially James' team, they'll likely be surprised to see the Doc showing anything that resembles affection to someone. "I am guessing that I will be in town at least a few days, we should make plans for a lunch or dinner to discuss how things have been."

Not good... Not good... NOT GOOD!!! Screamed Mane's thoughts at the alarming sight.

With the back of his hand Mane lightly but repeatedly slapped on Caesar's shoulder, vying for his attention as urgently as possible without being too obvious.

In a hushed whisper into his hunting partner's ear, the murder-minded cat said, "Check it out! The boss is ... smiling! I think he's in pain. Could be serious trouble! Could be a distress signal for help."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:40 am

Egan Grey wrote:((Rolls Carried Over))
When Egan hear's Snoopy's voice as he is about to walk away from the table he is a little taken aback and stops. -Odd, I figured he would want to stick around or at least not hang out with the weird quiet guy. Oh, well.- "Sure thing." Egan replies as he waits for the combat jock to get up and join him in moving towards the hopefully fresh air of a balcony nearby. -Guess he doesn't like being cooped up like me.- Keeping his head moving around and his eyes peeled for anyone else taking interest in them moving off, Egan glances over at the pilot and asks. "So you think we're gonna get some R an R outta this or just this small stop before getting tossed back in it?"

"I don't know about R&R. The way the Howlett was looking was a little bit disturbing. Like creepy. Maybe the idea of him happy is just weird." Snoopy says, the pomp and glitz had worn off, the talk of his father was sobering. Knowing a little bit more was good news, news he'd never be able to tell his mother. He chuckles. "Man, this spooky stuff we were doing, is that normal? I just realized I can't tell anyone who wasn't with us what happened. That's nuts. No videos home to mom, 'Hi, we just uncovered an ancient factory filled with ancient robots, and had dinner with Indians'," he says jokingly, but he thinks and dreams of dragons talking to me.
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Awards Ceremony
    Date: June 10, 109 PA
    Time: 1925
    Temp: 70 degrees
    Weather: Outside the city it is raining
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Level 1 of the Chi-Town Joseph Prosek Memorial Military Fortress, Awards Banquet Room 15.
An Officer's Life

James Howlett wrote:James nods to Colonel Black. "Yes ma'am. I can likely find some time in my schedule to make a visit."

Black nods. "Sounds like a plan Captain."

James Howlett wrote:James looks to Major Taylor. "I am certain that Sergeant Grey would appreciate that. I feel he's going to have a great deal of things going for him in the next few months." James says with a warm smile to the woman. Refreshing, a woman with intelligence. James thinks before pausing. I wonder if she is a psychic? Well nothing to be done about it now, either she has read my mind or she has not.

Black can't help but snicker at something, which raises the eyebrows of Major Taylor in confusion. Black waves it off as some private joke. The timing is too precise for James to have any illusions.

James Howlett wrote:"If you ladies excuse me, I need to speak with my sister before her boorish husband makes it difficult."

Black answers, "Do have a good night Doctor. A moment, Miranda, if you don't mind. I shall not keep you long." The Major nods and extends a hand to James. He could shake it or easily turn it to kiss her hand quite gallantly, however the urge catches him. "I hope to see you later, Doctor Howlett."

John Freeman wrote:Sycophant, Freeman thinks to himself labelling this new pain in the ass immediately. However, he keeps his cool demeanour and doesn't play the dick measuring game. It was such a pain to unravel his from his pant leg after all. Instead he smiles and extends a hand, "Well I assume you know I'm John Freeman. Be nice to know your name, or alias at least. And since the Colonel is paying. Maybe you can get me one of those drinks you got there."

Freeman's speaking companion does not catch the wolf behind John's eyes, and thinks he has won, judging by the satisfied look on his face. He waves over a waiter, and places a refill order, and orders a second for Freeman. "Major David Harrison, good to meet you, Lieutenant. I have to admit, mostly I know who you are because of your immediate CO. Any unit my brother in law is in I end up knowing quite a bit about. Interesting they didn't advance you over him though. Honestly, given your real record, I don't see why they didn't." Unlike before, there is no sense of him being manipulative, but you can sense his intense distaste for Howlett. Their drinks arrive and Freeman realizes it's straight high end Chilicothe sipping whiskey over ice, so smooth it could lubricate a vibro-knife down a gun barrel, and very potent. "But Olivia is always reminding me that the real enemy is out there, and for that you have my sincere gratitude. High Command was watching these operations closely because of their importance." The implication was obvious - he worked directly for Lyboc, and not as some nobody, but as an aide. Also, despite the high value, high octane liquor, he firmly had his wits in check. His eyes swing towards a particular woman, who Howlett walks up to. Subtly, Harrison begins angling for Freeman's CO.

James Howlett wrote:"Dear sister, It is nice to see you." James says. (If Major Harrison is there, James will greet him as well, though it will come out a bit curt.) "I am both surprised and unsurprised you are here, always a belle in society." James says offering his older sibling a hug, awkward or not. To those watching, especially James' team, they'll likely be surprised to see the Doc showing anything that resembles affection to someone. "I am guessing that I will be in town at least a few days, we should make plans for a lunch or dinner to discuss how things have been."

Olivia wraps her brother in a hug and smiles warmly. "Oh it is good to see you James! And congratulations are in order I must say. As for me, I'm actually a plus one tonight, not that I'm in unfamiliar company." There is a subtle iciness in her voice as she says company. Her eyes dart upward, and not in the direction of Carol Black. "But I was most glad to hear you were rotating through Chi-Town. My brother, the hero it seems! I know you probably don't like it, but you are a striking figure up there in all your glory you know. I am very proud of you Captain Doctor Howlett." There is no irony, though there is warm approval in her face and voice.

Around this time, anyone worried about James looking happy has an immediate return to normalcy. Of course they also get the unmistakable sense of an approaching enemy, which sets both Caesar's and Mane's hackles, but they are well trained enough not to visibly react on that instinct. Everyone who knows Howlett can see the look between the two that acknowledges they'd both as soon kill or at least hurt the other as let them live. That is when Howlett's sister, and the resemblance is strong enough no one can deny it, steps in and kisses her husband. This draws his attention, and the tension in the air, down by several notches so that all can relax. She looks to her brother, who must bring down his own ire as well. Then of all things, Harrison extends a hand to James. "Congratulations Captain Howlett. We're all very proud of your heroism and leadership." There's not an ounce if snideness or irony in his voice. Howlett is fairly certain the end of the world is coming when David Harrison follows up with, "I was surprised to hear you were in charge, but you obviously had some hidden talent. Well done." Ah there it was! The backhand to go with the compliment.

But even that is not wholly unable to overwhelm the actual praise from one of the biggest assholes James knows. "I was having a conversation with your second in command here. Your team really scored a big win here. Colonel Lyboc was telling me the other day how impressed he was with your company's work." This of course meant more than just James' platoon, but it also included them as well. It also meant that Harrison's star had risen even higher into the orbit of Colonel Lyboc.

The exchange goes on for a few more minutes when Major Taylor walks up to the reunion. She nods to Harrison. "Good evening Major Harrison." Her smile brightens as she sees Olivia. "And you Mrs. Harrison. It's so good to see you again." She glances at James and Olivia. "So Olivia is your sister Captain Doctor? Well will wonders never cease. Yet more evidence of your impeccible credentials."

Harrison stifles a bristling reaction. Olivia gives her husband a squeeze, whether of reassurance or admonishment, it's hard to say. She gives a smile to Miranda Taylor. Her tone is both light, and reverent. "It is good to see you again Miranda. And I must say, we are all very moved by your son's sacrifice. Every bit the hero his father was. I am very sorry for your loss."

Miranda smiles gratefully. "As always, you find the heart of the matter Olivia. Thank you so much. While I'd rather have him here, I feel at least a bit beter knowing how much he loved the Coalition, and all who make it up, that he was willing to make the necessary sacrifice. I'm just as glad to not be giving you my own condolences though. Your brother is really quite delightful. The Coalition would be lessened by his loss."

David Harrison, likely by sheer force of will, neither looks murderously at Miranda, nor does he choke on his own whiskey. But he does drink just a bit more than normally, finishing his glass. He orders three, one for him, one for Freeman, and one for James, though this is not obvious until the drinks come a few minutes later. Olivia also placed an order at the same time, and two glasses of the same wine Miranda had drunk at the table appear. Olivia smiles. "Then may I propose a toast? To the heroes of humanity, who keep our people safe. May they live long and be remembered longer." No one has a hard time going along with the toast, and there are several calls of "Here here!" around them.

A few others come by to talk to Miranda or David, both of whom seem to be in greater demand than would be normal for either's rank. Olivia manages to get her brother off to the side, without leaving her husband's orbit at the same time - an impressive task. "Miranda Taylor? You could do a lot worse brother mine." She seems mischievous, but she grows serious at once. "Just watch out for her boss. She tends not to let go of talent when she sees it, and it's rarely a good idea to get between members of High Command. And whether you realize it or not, that's where you are. Walk carefully James. I mean it." She gives him a peck on the cheek "I love you brother. Email me and we'll set up a lunch date, that way there won't be any awkwardness."

Mutant Country

The meal winds to an end for the mutants, though each are engaged by everyone at the table. Mane is asked extensively about his background in the wild, and the questions come so randomly his origins are more or less revealed expertly as he is interrogated even more thoroughly than he was on entry to Lone Star. Caesar finds out more than he knew about his hunting partner, even as his own background in the creches are revealed in extensive detail. Both finish their food happily.

Then Mane has his furtive conversation with Caesar. It's at this time that anyone worried about James looking happy has an immediate return to normalcy. Of course they also get the unmistakable sense of an approaching enemy, which sets both Caesar's and Mane's hackles, but they are well trained enough not to visibly react on that instinct. Everyone who knows Howlett can see the look between the two that acknowledges they'd both as soon kill or at least hurt the other as let them live. That is when Howlett's sister, and the resemblance is strong enough no one can deny it, steps in and kisses her husband. This draws his attention, and lowers the tension in the air by several degrees so that all can relax a bit. She looks to her brother, who must bring down his own ire as well. The man extends a hand to James. "Congratulations Captain Howlett. We're all very proud of your heroism and leadership." There's not an ounce if snideness or irony in his voice. Howlett is fairly certain the end of the world is coming when David Harrison follows up with, "I was surprised to hear you were in charge, but you obviously had some hidden talent. Well done."

Not much else can really be heard, but Mane and Caesar can see the mother of Second Platoon's CO step into the fray, and sees the Major's instinctive response. Both mutants can see the brewing turf war between them, but it becomes obvious after a few moments who has won. the canny female Major seems to have prevailed. When Olivia Harrison ne Howlett offers her toast, their lead companion at the table raises a glass and calls "Here here!" This is one of the things covered in Formal Dinner Survival 101, so both mutants are prepared and follow suit as the toast is made. Afterwards, the doctor looks to them both. "So you guys ready to go?"
About this time, Major Smith comes by and speaks to them. "The General would like to speak with you all at his table."
Major Smith

Where the Enlisted Roam.

Egan and Snoopy find they cannot get out, but they do find the open bar in the corner, and each get a drink (anything from beer and wine to whiskey and brandy is available). Jericho and the CSM come over, and each gets their own drink. Around this time the display around James comes to pass, and soon the toast is had, and Grimm joins in the choruses of "Here, here." Afterwards she extends a hand to Egan, and shakes it, also passing a piece of paper to him, At his confused look, she smiles. "Look me up when you're not here Staff Sergeant. Good luck and congratulations." She turns to Karl, Jericho and Snoopy and congratulates each of them and bids them farewell. About this time, Major Smith comes by and speaks to them. "The General would like to speak with you all at his table."
Major Smith

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 55
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"I don't know about R&R. The way the Howlett was looking was a little bit disturbing. Like creepy. Maybe the idea of him happy is just weird."
"Creepy?" Egan asks as they walk the perimeter of the room looking for a way out. "Ahh, happy is one I don't know if I have seen yet...I've seen pissed, brooding, angry, excited, maybe content but not happy or joyous yet." Looking over at the Doc making his way over to a woman, Egan speaks again. "It looks like a mix, happy for one....and maybe contempt or revulsion mixed." Having made it over halfway through the room and no exits open to be seen, Egan spots the bar in the corner. -Well, if I gotta be cooped up I might as well be numbed down a little.-
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Man, this spooky stuff we were doing, is that normal? I just realized I can't tell anyone who wasn't with us what happened. That's nuts. No videos home to mom, 'Hi, we just uncovered an ancient factory filled with ancient robots, and had dinner with Indians'," he says jokingly, but he thinks and dreams of dragons talking to me.
Laughing Egan replies. "Normal? I don't think so. Though since we have already done it before, it might become our normal....at least for the near future. I can't imagine what it would be like to keep stuff like that a secret, I don't have to worry about that as I have no family...at least no real family." His tone which started off light ends flat, there is no bitterness or anger just clinical, flat fact. With resumed lightheartedness, Egan continues. "Since we seem to be trapped inside this room I propose a few drinks before I start pacing back and forth."

Approaching the bar Egan begins his drink order, "Bee....no, one of those. I think I need something stronger." he indicates the two drinks leaving which looked like golden/amber liquid over ice. Taking a small sip first, before downing the rest of it, Egan orders a second and nurses this one not wanting to become impaired in such a place. "Wow, this is good. Nice and smooth." Egan takes a moment and watches the room are the milling of people before turning back to address Snoopy. "I'm sure we're getting at least a day or two for ourselves. So is your mom here in Chi-Town? Other family?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:33 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
Just in Case: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 60
Conditions: None, other than a deep seated loathing of Major Harrison.

CS High Command wrote:The Major nods and extends a hand to James. He could shake it or easily turn it to kiss her hand quite gallantly, however the urge catches him. "I hope to see you later, Doctor Howlett."

James smiles at Miranda and takes her hand, and like a true southern gentleman he softly kisses her hand. "Until next time Major." James says softly.

CS High Command wrote:Olivia wraps her brother in a hug and smiles warmly. "Oh it is good to see you James! And congratulations are in order I must say. As for me, I'm actually a plus one tonight, not that I'm in unfamiliar company." There is a subtle iciness in her voice as she says company. Her eyes dart upward, and not in the direction of Carol Black. "But I was most glad to hear you were rotating through Chi-Town. My brother, the hero it seems! I know you probably don't like it, but you are a striking figure up there in all your glory you know. I am very proud of you Captain Doctor Howlett." There is no irony, though there is warm approval in her face and voice.

James returns his sisters hug, but not too hard, being mindful of his new bionic limbs. "Thank you Olivia, your words are kind." Crafty as ever. James thinks considering his sisters tone about their current company. James eyes narrow ever so slightly at Major Harrison's approach. Why did she have to pick him? James thinks coldly as the couple exchange affections.

CS High Command wrote:Then of all things, Harrison extends a hand to James. "Congratulations Captain Howlett. We're all very proud of your heroism and leadership." There's not an ounce if snideness or irony in his voice. Howlett is fairly certain the end of the world is coming when David Harrison follows up with, "I was surprised to hear you were in charge, but you obviously had some hidden talent. Well done." Ah there it was! The backhand to go with the compliment.

James accepts the Major's handshake and maybe squeezes a hair too hard for polite company. "Thank you for the praise Major Harrison. I find command is coming easy to me and my team is top notch. It was a shame that Captain Taverez was reassigned to ambassadorial duties, but we carried on." James says. his voice calm as if he's just ignoring the backhanded comment from David.

CS High Command wrote: "I was having a conversation with your second in command here. Your team really scored a big win here. Colonel Lyboc was telling me the other day how impressed he was with your company's work."

Ah, that is his game I think. James thinks before replying to Major Harrison. "Lieutenant Freeman is an exemplary officer and a great asset to the One tenth. His intelligence gathering skills proved invaluable in rooting out the menaces we subdued in the west. the Colonel has always had a shrewd eye for talent." Sycophant. James thinks derisively. When Miranda arrives James inwardly sighs. Reinforcements. James smiles when Major Taylor compliments his family. "She's the reason I am the man I am today really." James says with a bit of pride to his sister literally saving his life as a young boy. When Major Taylor compliments him again James is unable to withhold the slight blush to his scarred cheeks. Seeing Major Harrison in distress warms James heart, and when a toast is offered James nods in agreement. "Here here! JAmes says as he takes a sip of the fine Chilicothean Whiskey.

"Oh where are my manners. Lieutenant Freeman, this is my sister Olivia Harrison and her husband Major Harrison." James says the last part as almost an afterthought. "Olivia this is my second in command Lieutenant John Freeman. He's been invaluable to our success in the west." James says with a bit of pride in his voice.

Once Olivia pulls James to the side, he listens to what she has to say. James just kind of shrugs when Olivia infers a relationship with Miranda. I suppose it is possible. Olivia's warning brings a dark look to James' face. "Seems to be the story of our lives. Caught between two opposing forces. I was originally supposed to join Lieutenant Colonel Blacks team a few years ago, but apparently some political maneuvering made that not happen. I will take your warning to heart Olivia. I'll Email you as soon as I have free time." James says affectionately before parting ways with his sister.

James almost makes a beeline straight for Freeman. "Lieutenant, congratulations first off. A bit of a warning... My brother in law is not a person you want to get too friendly with." James says his voice almost monotone, like he's trying not to get emotional about the situation.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:19 am

Egan Grey wrote:Laughing Egan replies. "Normal? I don't think so. Though since we have already done it before, it might become our normal....at least for the near future. I can't imagine what it would be like to keep stuff like that a secret, I don't have to worry about that as I have no family...at least no real family." His tone which started off light ends flat, there is no bitterness or anger just clinical, flat fact. With resumed lightheartedness, Egan continues. "Since we seem to be trapped inside this room I propose a few drinks before I start pacing back and forth."

Approaching the bar Egan begins his drink order, "Bee....no, one of those. I think I need something stronger." he indicates the two drinks leaving which looked like golden/amber liquid over ice. Taking a small sip first, before downing the rest of it, Egan orders a second and nurses this one not wanting to become impaired in such a place. "Wow, this is good. Nice and smooth." Egan takes a moment and watches the room are the milling of people before turning back to address Snoopy. "I'm sure we're getting at least a day or two for ourselves. So is your mom here in Chi-Town? Other family?"

"I just have my mom, you know. She's in Lonestar. The funny thing is both her and my dad could ever really tell me what they did." Snoopy says with a snide sort of chuckle. The irony of the situation isn't lost on him. Snoopy hopes that the admission that his own family life isn't perfect will help put things back on a cheery track.

"Anyway, right, free drinks might make up for being trapped," Snoopy says standing next to Egan at the bar. "Do you think we're off the hook, or will we need to put on the good boy act more." He scans the bar and looks at the selection. He takes guess and orders the most expensive scotch on the shelf, just to see what happens. He does most assuredly take the time to enjoy it, too.

But, he's only halfway through when the Major comes up to ruin the moment. With the appropriate respect, but a final sip and sidelong glance at Egan, Snoopy follows the officer to the General's table. With no small amount of trepidation, despite his assured belief that the CS military runs so well in spite of the officers, not because of them, a meeting with a full general is a pretty serious matter. He stands and waits to see how it unfolds, maintaining the proper decorum during the interaction.
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 41

CS High Command wrote:Afterwards, the doctor looks to them both. "So you guys ready to go?"

"Oh hell yes!" Mane emphatically replied, ready to leave this emotional rollercoaster behind. He couldn't recall any time in his life when he experienced anything like this evening. And seeing that Howlett was doing okay... despite that momentary blush that graced his face... Mane felt comfortable leaving his fearless leader to fend for himself in this arena of political combat.

Mane stood up and was just about to offer the good doctor his hand to assist him up when...

About this time, Major Smith comes by and speaks to them. "The General would like to speak with you all at his table."
Major Smith

At first Mane stammered. He really wanted to get going,
but knew this was not a request he could decline. "uh... uh... Yes, sir. He then turned to Major 'Grandpa' Givens to excuse himself. "My applogies, Major. We'll be back as quickly as possible."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:46 am

Once all the furor subsides and the officer situation gets under control, you are called to General Ford's table. He buys everyone a drink, and after a toast and some light chatter, he asks everyone to get a refill and follow him as Major Smith returns to the table. You all step into a side room. As the door closes, he raises his glass. "Gentlemen, it has been my pleasure to serve with all of you. In truth this has been a very effective team for me. The 110th will be reforming as a tactical response unit in Old Chicago. I'll get assigned a new unit for intelligence and special assignment, but I doubt any of you will be with me. It has been my honor to serve with all of you, and I want you to remember your service with us with fondness. I know I will. For all the good work we've done, I thank you. For all the work I know you will do in the future, good luck. Praise the Emperor, Long live the Coalition States!" He toasts and drinks. He then shakes the hand of every member, including Lyndon. To him, the General nods as he shakes his hand. "You may not know me as well as I know you son, but I've been signing off on your paperwork for sometime. Having the second attached to Old Chicago was a good call. I'm sad we lost all your squadmates, but I'm more sad to lose you too son. Do the Coalition proud my boy. You've more than overcome any stigma you joined under."

"Now I happen to know that I personally, as one of my lasts acts as your commanding officer, signed off an on all expenses paid two week vacation for all of you. That starts tonight after a final debrief with Major Smith. You mutants will go first. Everyone else, let's go enjoy the last of this good grub and drink while we wait."

The debriefs mostly cover what can be talked about, which amounts to none of it, not even the identities of those they served with. Every bit of their work is classified at the highest levels. No hint as to their next assignments are given.

CS High Command
Game Master

Previous

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum