A Time for Change

Into the Breach: The 110th begins their operation.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A Time for Change

Postby CS High Command » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:17 pm

A Time for A Change
    Date: January 1, 110 PA
    Time: 0715
    Temp: 8°, Bitterly Cold
    Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Only a light dusting of snow and plenty of ice
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: A variety of housing options around Chi-Town; Mane is housed in training barracks for mutants on supplemental training - he shares his bunk with a mutant cheetah who is a paragon of speed; Egan, Snoopy, and Lyndon all have nice one bedroom apartments common for soldiers on detached duty while they complete whatever supplemental training or tasks they are accomplishing. They are housed near the Coalition States Army Training Facility (ATF - Chi-Town). James is housed in a private apartment near several research labs.
It has been an interesting year.

After spending a whirlwind deployment chasing down artifacts of arcane destruction, suffering crippling losses of personnel and material, the CS 110th prevailed where few had. Most of the veterans of that squad who had not yet been reassigned had medals and commendations that should make them first up on everyone's list, and yet the last six months has been ... well boring.

Advanced training options became available to them all, some newly developed for some forthcoming conflict with demons or deevils - no one could decide which. Psychics would tell of portents of doom, but then, didn't they all. Whatever the case, every veteran of worth was being brought back for emergency training and R&R. Especially those who fought in Tolkeen or in any of a number of major conflicts around North America. All in all it meant that you've had a chance to learn from and with some of the best in the C.S. Army and Navy. As former special forces squad members, you also are tapped for brief deployments. Usually no more than a week or two in length. Of course you may have your own tasks to undertake, and you've certainly earned your downtime. Of course you could spend that downtime anywhere from the backlots of TV shows, cooking classes, slumming it in the Lower Levels or the Burbs, or touring the best dining there is in North America, right here in Chi-Town. And there are other cities you can visit for the weekend as well. After all, from 0830 to 1900 Monday through Friday, you belong to the Army. After that is your time. As long as you don't miss a mandatory therapy session (see below), your time is your own.

The entire time, however, you've been undergoing some of the most intensive therapy for PTSD you've ever been through. New psychological evaluations are being done, new treatment plans used, group counseling is common and most who've been through some of the worst war and conflict in the modern age has to offer have connected with at least one other who understands them and is there to talk through whatever comes up. It's always someone with the right combination of experience and clearance, as well as the other measures.

So what have you been doing? This thought hits you this morning as you turn on the news. There's only one thing on the television, aside from ads for various celebrations of the New Year. 110 in the Post-Apocalyptic Calendar may be one for the record books. Intermixed with these ads are replays and reactions and commentary on a recent speech by the Emperor. But the question niggles in your brain as you mute the TV for the moment. You have an hour before you have to be in briefing room 3297-Alpha in the ATF.

Interlude Instructions: Give me an interlude of at least 4 paragraphs that describes the past 28 weeks (aside from vacation which is in another thread). You have up to 10 hours a day spent in advanced training, plus 14 hours of downtime. You have mandatory therapy and counseling that will take up an additional 6 hours a week, but it's spread out. This will allow you to make a single save versus insanity that will put one of your insanities into remission. Yes, you may spend EP on this roll if you want. I wouldn't worry about losing this insanity (and do not erase it from your sheet). With what is coming, you are one failed save away from reversion. I will go into this more later. Give me a typical day or two - even if it's only glancing at a schedule. Give me an idea of precisely what you get done.
Possibilities:
  • Advanced Training ala Heroes of Humanity: You are approved for any you qualify for or can "make happen." Each AT can be chosen twice, so I encourage you all to work together to ensure no one is butt-hurt. Think I'm being restrictive too much? Make a case in Hangouts. Talk to me for pete's sake!
  • Cybernetics or other procedures: Are you applying for cybernetics or other implants? Well you'd best include a Military Etiquette roll. You get a +5% bonus if you have a commendation, +10% if you have a medal. Don't worry about gear - the army will give you what you need soldier! Personal Gear is already in storage for you, and with special dispensation you can even access it for a few hours at a time.
  • Developing Contacts: And by this I don't just mean the ones you buy with EP. Contacts within the CS Military and its civilian arms can have a significant effect on the game. Similarly, developing off book assets can save your bacon, especially in places where you NEED friends. Money, time, and personal investment are all needed for this.
  • Anything else I missed: I'm sure I missed something. Hit me up. Wake up that Hangout!
Deadline: January 8, 2018
Rewards
Possible Advanced Training, contacts, side ventures, possible extra implants, XP.
XP: 100 XP per paragraph up to 5. +100 XP if you include and work in a New Years Day type of song that fits the mood of your interlude and feels like a central part to your post instead of an add on. +50 if it feels added on, but appropriate. Maybe extra if you wow Tiree and I
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
CS High Command
Game Master

Re: A Time for Change

Postby James Howlett » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 am

What are you doing New Years Day?
Maybe it's much too early in the game. Aah, but I thought I'd ask you just the same. What are you doing New Year's. New Year's Eve?

James’ return from Vacation saw him reinvigorated and as busy as ever, he had projects to work through that had piled up while on long range patrol. James dove into like most every project, feet first, he split his attention between modifying bionic limbs and requisitioning parts to upgrade himself, and scheduling for necessary surgeries to have them installed. James even went so far as to schedule himself a reconstructive surgery to fix the rough job the combat medics did to his face, what seems ages ago. All in all, James is pleased as his to do list shrinks considerably in the first few days, it’s the recovery time that annoys him most though, because other than electronic based paperwork, he cannot do much while he heals.

Heal he does, James is pleased with the results and speed of his recovery which coincides with the next part of his itinerary, Officer’s school. James was surprised when he managed to convince the head trainer to double his workload, so that he could get the most out of the course instead of just a crash course. James was also slightly surprised to find Corporal Toretto had signed up as well. James decided to talk to the higher ups and push for Corporal Torreto to bumped up to and actual officer rank if he passed his course, his reasoning was that he needed a new second with his current being sent off to do espionage elsewhere, and James genuinely thought the young pilot had the stones to pull it off. This still made James a really busy man, with a double course load and having to do his actual job as well, he was surprised he got to sleep at all.

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight. When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night. Welcoming in the New Year. New Year's Eve

Oddly enough James’ life wasn’t all work, he had a few social requirements given a who he was. First and foremost was he needed to at least spend a little time with his sister, who was the only family he actually had. They had several lunch dates while James was busy with school work, it was here that James learned what his dear sister had been up to the past several months, and got a glimpse of how her life had changed from being the orphaned daughter of dirt farmers in Lonestar to a member of Chi-Towns elite. James’ attention was divided all the more by the beautifuly smart woman he had only recently met Major Miranda Taylor. Though lucky for James he saw her more frequently due to having to work together on a regular basis. This didn’t stop them from finding time together outside of the grind, though this was far more infrequent than either of them would have liked.

Maybe I'm crazy to suppose. I'd ever be the one you chose. Out of a thousand invitations. You received

James made a conscious effort to during the time he was given to make a few contacts with people outside his normal circle. James found out that the newly formed 404th was linked to a particular quartermaster and his staff, a Staff Sergeant Dan Brooks. He was a jovial sort which confused James at first, but was soon put to ease when he learned the man was a coordinating genius when it came to inventories. The two of them had a few meals together and maybe one night of drinking, though neither man remembers it very well. James also met one of the few civilian contractors working under Major Taylor, a William Dobson. A research scientist, who specialized in headware cybernetics and bionics. James was just thrilled have a conversation with someone who specialized in his area of expertise, and the two of them bonded over the conceptual design of James’ pet project, the Multi-Tasking implant. Though neither of them alone would likely get it right, maybe together they could get it fully realized.

Aah, but in case I stand one little chance. Here comes the jackpot question in advance. What are you doing New Year's. New Year's Eve?

As the final days if the one hundred and ninth year of the post-apocalyptic calendar came to a close, they found James with some free time with classes finally over and a long list of projects finally completed. James and Miranda sat quietly at one of the fanciest restaurants in Chi-Town surrounded by the elite of the Coalition States and they could have cared less. They had what they wanted at the moment, each other and that was good enough. When the clock strikes midnight the two kiss. ”To another good year.” James says to her. Hours later James sits in his apartment, Miranda asleep in the bedroom. The television quietly murmuring about the Emporer’s proclamation against the demonic hordes. James sighs before stubbing out his nearly spent cigarette. ”Where to boss, where to?”

What are you doing New Years Eve?

Bionics
  • Modify Primary Bionic Arms for greater sensitivity (Unknown Price)
  • Add Modular Secondary Pair of Arms (250,000)
  • Modular Shoulder Housing (16,000)
  • (+10 PS; +10 PP) (40,000)
  • Modified for additional Sensitivity (Unknown Price)
  • Facial Reconstruction (Unknown Price)
  • Combat Computer (150,000)
  • Advanced Bionic Headjack (24,000)
  • Hacking Computer (195,000)
  • Bionic Lung w/ Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage Cell (250,000)
  • Skelebot Control Interface (Unavailable for Sale)
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Current Conditions: None.
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
LI-B2 Light Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
WI-LP3 Pepperbox Laser • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 4 4-round "Speed Loaders".
Bandito BigBore BB-2 "Holdout" Derringer • Payload: 2/2 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
C-20 Laser Pistol • Payload: 30/30 • Extra Ammo: 2 Long E-Clips (Pistol).
Remington 870 Police Magnum • Payload: 4/4
Plasma Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Smoke Grenades • Payload: 2/2
CS Stun/Flash Grenades • Payload: 2/2
Vibro-Knife
NG Grenade Vibro-Knife • Payload: 2/2
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:27 pm

Song on Mane's Mind

Mane awoke early in the morning. With the nights of December stretching long into the AM hours, getting out of bed was extra painful. Like a proper cat, he preferred to get up with the rising sun, which wasn't an option for a working Battle Cat this time of year. His body creaked and the metal in his knees developed a mild squeak that only he seemed to hear. With a slow shuffle he made his way to the community bathroom for mutant animals wearing nothing more than his flowing silk boxers. Eventually Mane made his way to the mirror to groom and brush his teeth. As he did so, an old song came to mind; its lyrics poetically summing up his feelings as he fingered the scars around his bionic eye.

the song on his mind wrote:♫ Every time when I look in the mirror. ♫
♫ All these lines on my face getting clearer. ♫
♫ The past is gone. ♫
♫ It went by, like dusk to dawn ♫
♫ Isn't that the way ♫
♫ Everybody's got the dues in life to pay ♫

After priming himself and making his off-white mane as fluffy as can be while still maintaining some semblance of style, Mane made his way the to the Chi-Town Mutant Medical Center for the day's scheduled group therapy. Having been in the small room many times over the past few months, he could have found his way there with his eyes closed. There he saw the usual faces mulling about; Rex, the Kill Hound with rage issues (even by Kill Hound standards); Eddie, the mutant bat with an unhealthy romantic vampire & blood fixation; and Rusty, the Ursine Warrior with compulsion to eat the flesh of his kills. There were others too, but those were the three Mane associated with due to their issues so closely reflecting his own. At the appointed time, Nurse Nancy came in and started the group therapy. They talked about their respective issues and how they came from somewhere deep within, but through their failures, they gained insights on how to better cope and process their deviant behaviors and instincts. Her words again brought the old song back to the forefront of Mane's thoughts, its singer telling like it is.

the song on his mind wrote:♫ I know nobody knows ♫
♫ Where it comes and where it goes ♫
♫ I know it's everybody sin ♫
♫ You got to lose to know how to win ♫

Save vs Insanity (12 or better; no bonuses): 1d20 = 17
Success!

Immediately after group therapy, Mane paired up with Rex as the two left the fortress city and caught a command car into The 'Burbs, ultimately going to ISS Precinct 27. There, Mane was on temporary assignment as part of his Close Quarters Combat training program, working close with their SWAT teams to put his months of training into practice and hammer home all he had learned. While today's docket was just a debriefing on the prior day's raid on a cyber chop shop, the dogs and humans he worked with always had something new to teach him on a daily basis. Mane wrote some of his word-of-mouth lessons down in a journal he kept; some he got pounded into his head in the Precinct's in-house boxing ring as some were taught to him through "the sweet science" as they called it. Some of their tips and advice was golden, some contradictory, some out right moronic. All of it valuable in what to do, and what not to do. While the debrief went smoothly with their words being dictated and entered into the records and reports for posterity, Rex kept pestering and nudging Mane about his New Year's party plans. While Mane appreciated the dog's enthusiasm for the thrill of the hunt, Rex was too much of a wild party animal for the cat's tastes. Rex's plan was to find a D-Bee in some back alley, hoist the poor soul by a rope, and crack the alien open with a stick like some morbid piñata. It was then that Mane realized that six months ago he would have been all up for such a thing. Now, not so much. He could only surmise that all the therapy was having the intended effect on his death-obsession. The irony wasn't lost on him; all while learning how to be a better killer, he was also learning how to appreciate life!

the song in his mind wrote:♫ Half my life Is books, written pages ♫
♫ Live and learn from fools and from sages ♫
♫ You know it's true, oh ♫

While the debriefing went late into the evening, Mane didn't panic about it interfering with his New Year's Eve plans. The people he was spending it with were very understanding about such bureaucratic matters, after all. Once on the streets of the 'Burbs, the cat started to run back to the fortress city, passing slower moving traffic along the way. He had an important date to keep, and an invitation he didn't want to be tardy for. As he ran, Mane couldn't help but to reflect on the past year. From starting the year on the wilds of the Pecos Badlands with his parents, to his repatriation into the Coalition States, to his acceptance into the 110th Night Stalkers, and ultimately his informal adoption into extended family he didn't eve know he had. The year had been a roller-coaster of emotions. And now in the last few hours of the year, Mane was going to a small private gathering with the man he affectionately called "Grandpa Givens"; Major Doctor Jared Givens, one of the men directly responsible for his mother's genetic makeup and design.

Riding on an emotional high, Mane dashed into the fortress, quickly made his way to his quarters for a quick wash-up and change into the nicest clothing he owned, and grabbed a special pass that granted him temporary access to the upper levels of Chi-Town. Over the past six months he had taken great pleasure with spending as much free time as possible with Grandpa Givens, even if the man was very busy and didn't care for the moniker. And while that meant only small visits every week or two, the growing relationship meant the world to Mane. Being invited to Givens' party (even if officially only as "security") made Mane positively euphoric! The moment he entered the Major's posh apartment, the song in the back in the big cat's mind came to the forefront once more, matching exactly how he felt.

the song in his mind wrote:♫ All these feelings come back to you. ♫

♫ Sing with me, sing for the year ♫
♫ Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears ♫
♫ Sing with me, just for today ♫
♫ Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away ♫

The midnight hour rang in and Mane toasted his Grandpa Givens from across the room with a raised glass of champagne. Givens reciprocated with a warm smile in silent before returning his attention back to his friends and family. Later, as the guests started to depart one by one and the party thinned to just a small few, Givens joined Mane on the balcony overlooking the gleaming lights of the 'burb of Cityside. Though this was the first time that night the two could actually talk, Mane simply smiled and nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"Credit for your thoughts?" Givens asked out of drunken curiosity. He leaned up against the railing for support.

"It's been the year of years." Mane replied as he stared out beyond the neon and florescent lights of Cityside, out into the gloom of the night beyond. "I can't imagine next year being any better than this one."

Dr. Givens nodded as he thought about the words that came out of the mouth of his creation's son. "Don't be afraid to dream." he said, patting Mane on the back.

the song in his head wrote:♫ Dream on ♫
♫ Dream on ♫
♫ Dream on ♫
♫ Dream until your dreams come true! ♫

But then Givens ominously added, "With the kind of life you lead, life's too short not to let yourself dream. Plan for tomorrow, but live for today."

the song in his head wrote:Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
Mane, driver of the big ugly bus.

Song in his heart: Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
ISP: 14/64
HP: 118/118
SDC: 100/110
Armor: CA-6EX
MDC by Location:
  • Main Body: 200/200
  • Head/Helmet: 100/100
  • Legs: (R) 120/120, (L) 120/120
  • Arms: (R) 100/100, (L) 100/100
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 3D6 MD single / 6D6 MD double blast; Range: 500'
  • Payload: 16/16 double blasts per long e-clip
Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol:
  • Damage:4D6+4 MD; Range: 200'
  • Payload: 24/24 blasts per long e-clip
Bandit 5050 "Papa Bear" Enhanced BigBore Medium Rail Gun:
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
  • Payload: 240/240 Big Bore shotgun shells
Munition Reserve:
  • Long E-Clips: 6/6
  • Big Bore shotgun shells: not carried on person
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Rolls
Insanity Roll: 1d20 = 16
Military Etiquette: 1d100 = 73/93+10% (Ferry Service)
Military Etiquette: 1d100 = 34/93+10% (Cybernetics)

Snoopy lay staring at the ceiling. He was tapping a danceable beat with his fingers on the tightly pulled sheets. Like everything else in this wing of the hospital, the bed was squared away. He guessed he could still bounce a quarter off the sheets. He stared at the corners of the other bed in the room; it was empty. The straight, crisp lines of the sheets somehow made him a little sad. He didn’t know why. There were tiles on the ceiling. He returned to them. The repetitive pattern was hypnotic. Snoopy’s mind drifted.

The hardest part of downtime was slowing down. Going to the Fan Expo had been a great diversion, but it was just a diversion. As soon as he left, he started to feel it was a memory of something from the show, not something he’d lived. That was okay. However, he felt from just two weeks off he was already losing his edge. He needed back in the air, and he needed it now.

Surprisingly, the first step back towards the edge was talking to his CO, Howlett, a man he didn’t really like but had come to respect. That realization was fairly recent. Howlett is an intense man, more machine maybe, but brilliant. Caring? No. Interested in the most effective team possible, yes. So they talked.

While some of the details were being pushed through the glacial CS bureaucracy, Snoopy had to do something. He used whatever leverage his recent honors and promotion had earned him to get a slot for the ferry service moving the CS fighters from base to base. He knew flying combat was the ultimate test, but feeling the afterburners kick in and the boom as he cracked the sound barrier was almost as good. The ferry days were his “days off”, the wind down periods between more strenuous duties and training. It was worth it, without any doubt, his security clearance allowed him to pilot the most advanced and top secret planes. Those flights certainly felt like a day off, ripping through the sky in a stealth fighter or maybe even something even faster.

The most strenuous training was not physical. It was not mental, either. It was emotional. The therapy they were required to have. He had to fight and concentrate to not let the dragon out. That secret was even more deep than the shameful rescue by magic. He could reveal neither. It was probably on file that he had issues with dragons, so he evaded deep answers by providing plausible shallow ones. It was harder than just telling lies. Even for a few hours each week, it wore him down more than anything else.

And that included something that would under normal circumstances be quite challenging. After his talk with Howlett, they felt that 2nd Lieutenant Snoopy would be the most valuable addition to the team when this “down time” was over. It made Snoopy’s head spin a little bit. He’d never even thought of himself as officer material. But his time with the Nightstalkers had opened up all sorts of doors, good and bad. His perception of the world had shifted, he could no longer just revel in the simple things. Not that he’d seen too much, but that he continued to see more and more. With his CO’s support he signed up. A rash, bold, presumptuous move for a newly minted sergeant. He didn’t care about that, being bold, and being presumptuous are two of the traits that had served him well in life so far. Snoopy wasn’t afraid of hard work, either. Really, in the end, school work isn’t that hard, it’s the leadership part that’s hard. And that’s not even that bad.

He sometimes wished he had more time to spend in that arena. He mostly did. Kind of he did. It was a worthy trade actually. The fact was that no matter how much Snoopy wanted to advance his career or to be the best team player he could be, deep down he wanted more than anything to be the most fucking badass pilot on the planet. Snoopy had an opportunity now to go up against the best pilots in the Coalition States. Snoopy wasn’t ignorant. He believed that the CS had the best pilots on the continent. That’s not because he believed the propaganda, but he knew the fact was that the CS had the largest, best equipped air force around. He fully intended to kick the ass of every one of the CS’s best and brightest. And to let them know he was doing it while enrolled in OCS. Rash and presumptuous, even bold.

All of these choices had implications of course. Not ones he was particularly thrilled with sometimes. He knew many of his competitors were modified, whether they might be juiced or cybered up. His pride told him he could beat them with just his natural body, that no matter what advantage they tried to gain he would just try harder, fly harder and show them that he could still kick their ass. The problem with that logic was that he then he was holding himself back. If he was better than all of them despite his lack of modifications, how much better would he be with some enhancements? How much better? That thought haunted him. He questioned his decision.

He was a friendly and gregarious guy. He was also an overconfident flyboy. And when it came to being the best, he was intensely competitive. Which left him at odds with some of the other flyers, who were equally competitive. This was another of his tough choices, and his decision wasn’t to make friends. Maybe it was his hidden dragons that kept him apart from the others. Probably it was that and his inability to talk about why he was there or why he had medals. It all added up to make him seem even more like a jerk. In the past, not that long ago really, Snoopy was part of the gang, he had a squad of people just like him. Now, he was a real outsider. That had two concrete effects. One, he spent more time working--either doing the ferry service or short missions. And two, he was drawn back towards the soldiers from the 110th, which isolated him even more from the “average joes”. (And when the Black Talon candidates were the average joes, someone’s perceptions were definitely skewed.)

Snoopy didn’t isolate from his instructors, and more importantly, from the ground crews. He talked to them like people, something not all pilots did. He knew enough to ask smart questions, and knew enough to listen to their expert opinions. That went for the instructors too, in the classroom, he listened. In the sky, he did everything in his power to beat them. Respect and skill go a long way, hard work helps as well. Nothing was simple though, because if he shunned the students in favor of the instructors, or even the crews, it reinforced his isolation. And for Snoopy, that was hard, very hard. He liked having buddies. He liked being part of the team.

On the up side, that level of internal conflict helped him mask his real fears during therapy sessions.

The intrusive bionic systems were still painful. It was a general body ache, a pervasive wooly headed feeling. The flicker of diagnostics at the base of his right eye were intrusive. It was like having a HUD all the time. He tried to ignore it and shifted his position on the bed. The precise incisions tracing every bone in his body pulled as he moved. That wasn’t painful, more like a bandage pulling at an almost healed wound. Which was an accurate description. He sighed, and even that was different. It wasn’t much different, but Snoopy noticed it. He closed his eyes (the display lingered there for a moment) and lay back down.

But he realized just before dropping off to sleep, the sheets made him uncomfortable because they no longer held the comfort they once had. A whole new perspective had invaded his mind, and those crisp corners could no longer hide the imperfections of the world. His fingers changed rhythm, tapping a slow cadence, just a melody before drifting into silence.

Song Choice

Daily Schedule
Early days:

Towards the end:
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

And I fought with courage to preserve / Not my way of life but yours
Stats

Conditions:
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 27/27

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
• Range: 800' • Damage: 2d6 MD • Payload 30/30 LE-Clip / 2 LE-Clips
Vibro-Knife
• Damage: 1D6 M.D.
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suiit
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
• Main Body of Wing: 174/290• Main Body of Armor: 149/180
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Getting off the transport back at the Chi-town civilian hub, Egan is excited about heading back out to Merctown and getting away from the city....until he remembers the last orders. ”You look bummed to be back, already thinking about Cindy huh?” Egan looked over at John as he walked down the ramp already wearing his new duster. ”I wasn't until now. No. I just remembered my new orders are keeping me here, and I was looking forward to getting back out.” ”Sweet, then you can show me the ropes on the shooting range.” Smiling, Egan nods before replying, ”Sounds like a plan. I'll let you know what my schedule looks like and when I have some free time.” Saying his goodbyes to the rest of the group that had shared the vacation, Egan picked up his duffel bag and made his way back to his apartment.

Settling in at his albeit temporary new home next to the training facility, Egan remembered the note that CSM Grimm had given him at the award ceremony and left her a message about the change in orders and how he could be seeing her around. Seeing two messages waiting for him, Egan played the first one to find a medical message asking to schedule a time to get an implant installed and the other was the interactive training orientation to which he swiped right on the marksmanship and stealth advanced training to speak with the instructors the following day. Placing the call back to the doctors afterwards, a confused Egan tried to figure out what implant they were talking about. ”PF...Staff Sergeant Grey returning a call about a implant? What Implant?” After a moment and confirming his ID the Tech came back online. ”We have a implant for increased psionic capabilities, you were recommended by a Captain James Howlett and approvals started in R&D and went from there. Did you not request this?” ”No, no I did. I just didn't think that it would happen. I have training that I don't want to interfere with so I will schedule the appointment when I have a solid date available.”

Waking up the next day after a fantastic dream about new psionics, culminating in the world burning and cowering at his feet as he laugh maniacally, Egan went over to discuss taking the advanced training with the instructors. However, much to his dismay, Egan found that both courses would not end up teaching him much if at all in either area. While the instructors were both willing to have him aboard and said that he would learn something, they agreed that there might be a better opportunity for him elsewhere. Finding himself in a common area with the interactive course book on a wall screen, Egan flipped back through the available courses and stopped on the survival one, after re-listening to the description he vehemently exclaimed, ”Well Fuck!” A group at a nearby table heard and brought him into a conversation about the power armor training that they were signed up for. In the end, Egan was on board for the class. The main selling point being the techs description of a light suit made specifically for wet work produced by NG and already getting torn apart by the boys in R&D.

With his training set, things began to fall into place and Egan scheduled his operation and set up a weekly time to meet up with John to tutor him at the range. The class work was challenging seeing as he never once thought that he would ever pilot some of these massive war machines, but Egan found himself liking the new Death Knight suit a lot and even managed to convince the instructor to let him have time with the Night Reaper. Just as he was settling into a routine, new orders popped up on his system at night telling him to start reporting to therapy twice a week after class. Egan was resistant to the therapy sessions, he didn't care about someone else trying to tell him what was wrong with him, nor did he give a shit about someone else telling him how to think. But, he participated, albeit halfheartedly.

With the power armor training complete, Egan was surprised that he finished in the middle of the pack and with that bit finished his next appointment loomed in his thoughts. Showing up at the clinic, Egan went through the pre-op tests, filing of paperwork of medical issues, notes for his body if things went bad and who to notify as next of kin, sat through the explanations of how and where the implant would be installed and the litany of potential side effects up to and including death. With the techs satisfied, Egan was prepped and the surgery done. The next thing Egan remembered was waking up in a recovery room where a nurse gave him a script for painkillers if he needed them and instructions to meet with Psi-Bat and medical personnel to go over and adjust to his new abilities of moving stuff with his mind.

The successful implant install elated Egan, especially since he seemed to have had no noticeable side effects....at least until he got called into the therapist's office for a one on one instead of the normal group session. Sitting on the couch in her small office, Egan waited patiently as the therapist went over her notes before turning to speak. ”So what's been going on? You've never really seemed to like being in these sessions, but recently I've noticed that you have been coming in late over and over again, your attention has been drifting off while the others are sharing with the group, and when you are called on to share yourself, you end up repeating the same stories and thoughts over and over again. Then there is the fact that your file has been recently been accessed by the ISS twice. Need I remind you that it is your duty to follow through on your orders, and your orders being that you need to help me help you so that I can make you better and more useful to the Coalition and your violent tendencies can reflect badly on how others view us. So help me, will you?” ”Wow.” was all that could escape Egan's mouth as his mind tried to process what she had said. -This chick is off her fucking rockers.- ”Wait, ISS is poking into my files? Why? And Why do you know that?” ”I monitor those with violent tendencies, so that I can track if and when regressions in behavior happen. As for why they looked I don't know, I just know they did. So you tell me why?” ”No clue, and honestly the only people that need to worry about my 'Violent Tendencies' are those that are hurting the innocent and I don't need your help with that.” [Save Failed]

With the new year right around that corner, all his training finished, and becoming acclimated with his new abilities from the implant Egan wanted to send out the year with a blast. -For one night I'm gonna pretend to be some high roller and have some fun.- Dropping credits like they were nothing, Egan got three tickets to a high end party, suits, transport and all the necessities squared away for the night before sending an invite to John and the Doc. Receiving a message from James declining for other plans, Egan instead asked Amy the tech that had told him about the NG suit from his class to join. Arriving in style to the party, the trio made their way up to the rooftop where it was taking place. They drank, danced, and had a great time rubbing elbows with the 'upper' class and as the clock struck midnight a huge display of fireworks announced the coming of the new year. As the fireworks exploded above, Egan smiled as he watched John and Amy getting cozy with each other and with the multitude of colors lighting up the sky, Egan took stock of himself. Despite all that had happened this year, he felt no different than before. He didn't have any idea on where or what he was going to do next, and as his gaze went to the wall of the fortress, he just knew that he wanted to be anywhere but here, held in this city.

Song

Rolls
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

DS-1U Reinforced Duty Uniform
Mobility: Superior; no movement penalties of any kind.
M.D.C. by Location:
    • Arms (left): 5/5
    • Arms (right): 5/5
    • Legs (left): 8/8
    • Legs (right): 8/8
    • Main Body: 15/15
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Staring at the circuit board in front of him Lyndon fought to keep his hand steady. It was extra work, something he could probably get out of if he had wanted but it was a worthwhile distraction. The SAMAS lay open, armor pulled aside to expose part of the suit’s “nervous system”. A powerful processing unit, one of several for redundancy, had failed during a patrol. The system failed over to the redundant unit without issue, just a small trouble icon the only indication the pilot had that anything was wrong. Little issues like these happen frequently enough when the armors are put through so much, and while easy to deal with they could bury a maintenance crew in a backlog if they don’t stay on top of them.

So Lyndon had volunteered for extra duty, giving up four hours of his down time each day to help keep the shop ahead of the work. Not that it was just an altruistic move. He got a little extra pay, and made in-roads with both the maintenance teams and the supply side. Repair rates went up, and the full time staff didn’t have to put in as many extra hours. If repairs were ahead of schedule, it was easier to fulfill requisitions and supply had fewer annoyed NCOs to deal with.

It was easy work for him despite his aching hands. Other techs would have to take the board to a tester and run through circuit check after circuit check whereas it took nothing more than a touch for Lyndon to find the source of the failure. There was the obvious animosity from some of the crew, purists who feared what he could do. But he had met the head of the shop before, Warrant Officer Relenik and knew him to be moderate and focused on results. So Lyndon focused on his work, and steered clear of any purists who might have words.

It all helped him keep his mind off the rest of his day. The 10 hours of PT and combat training. He was active duty and had been deployed into some real shit, so he was in fighting shape and this went miles beyond that. After relatively relaxed warm ups they started with a 1 click run, then jumped right into a 15 minute combat drill. Initially bag and hand pads, but it had quickly become sparring. Then a 3 minute cool down and another click. Soon they added harassment attacks to it. If you didn’t run fast enough and started lagging one of the pacing instructors ‘encouraged’ you. Eventually they added in weapons drills. The sword Lydon could see, plenty of bots carried something similar and even some infantry, but a staff? Lyndon had made the mistake of ridiculing the idea of anyone putting the skill to use in an active theater.

It was clearly not the first time Master Sergeant Wilcox had been asked the question. He had a split screen video of a five man fire team up in running in less than 10 seconds. After one of the five emptied an entire eclip into a half naked man without affect he smoothly beat the creature into submission with a simple wooden staff. 15 clicks later Lyndon was swearing revenge against every vampire on the continent. It was okay though, he ‘only’ had 18 weeks left.
Last edited by Lyndon Jericho on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Corporal Lyndon B. Jericho
Corporal Lyndon Boyd Jericho
HP: 25/25; SDC: 56/56; ISP: 99/131
Spd: 32
Duty Uniform: 15/15 MDC
Weapon in hand/Current Clip: Noted by asterisk(*)
CP-20 Laser Pistol
-- Ammo: (21/21*); (21/21); (21/21) - 3 e-clips
Nerual Mace
Credits: 3,540
Update Signature
EP Ledger
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vecny » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Ghost In the Machines

Ghost In The Machine

Vecny woke and was suddenly very tired. He found himself on a recovery gurney, strapped down. As he looked around, the room was sterile. As far as he could see there was nothing in the room other than himself on a gurney. While not damp there was moisture in the air. The light in the room was provided by glowing fungi. Where in the nine hells am I?

Relax. Just relax. Vecny decided he would need to reasses his situation and decided to relax. Laying his head down, he closed his eyes. Once his eyes were shut, it seems like a movie began playing behind his eyelids. More like a series of short films. Some in color. Some b and w's. Some with sound. Others were still frames. Each of them was a piece of machinery, or electronics, or a computer. Each of the objects to Vecny had an ID, a persona, a distinctiveness that made it unique.

PFC Vecny.

Well that isn't how he addressed himself.

No. No it isn't, but that is your rank and name.

Vecny opened his eyes and once again saw no one and heard nothing. The glowing darkness, offered nothing. Don't be alarmed Vecny. Your "talents" made it necessary for your current conditions.

I am Doctor Freel and have been monitoring you for the last three months.

Three months? Really? What the hell happened?

You were on assignment. Deployed as a medic in nasty battle with some rift jumping demons. You saved many CS soldiers but took a demon spear through the chest, rupturing your left lung.

Brought back to Chi-Town Illinois, you were sedated and operated on. Biografts failed to fix your lung, so you were fitted with cybernetic replacements, instead.

At the mention of the battle and surgery, Vecny feels his adrenline surge. He relives the searing pain of the hellfire spear piercing his body. He somehow sees himself very clearly crawling towards another downed soldier and commanding his body to heal. Probably fitting, he remembers nothing of any surgery or operations.

Ghost in the Machine wrote:Tell me where am I supposed to go?
And who am I supposed to believe
If only you knew what I knew
Then you could see just what I see

Details Vecny. Hopefully those will come to you with time. As there isn't time for it now.

CS Commanded wanted to shut you down. Your last three months have been costly for Command. You took over every piece of equipment, machines and computers included. Your cybernetics were the only thing that seemed to be unaffected by your talents. We have monitored you through them. Welcome back to the physical world. It is probably best if we locate you in a unit where you can remain a secret. In order to do that, you need some advanced training.

Ghost In the Machine wrote:So I grab my bags and go, as far away as I can go
'Cause everything ain't what I used to know
And I try to hide
But I just can't hide no more
There's nothing worse than feeling like a ghost

Under the watchful eye of Doctor Freel, aides came into the room and unbound Vecny. Once out of the white hospital gown, Vecny was able to examine his chest. The scar tissue alone for what he remembered of the Hellfire Spear should have covered at least eight inches across his chest. All that remained was a pink and shiney look as new skin had been created for his repairs.

Looking up as he was getting dressed, Doctor Freel interpreted his look, "Nanobots or Nanites. Your body kept rejecting living tissue cultures. So we went with the more expensive route. In a few weeks, even the pink rosey color will give to your natural tan/olive colored complexion."

Ghost In the Machine wrote:You say I look fine
If only you knew what was on my mind
You'd see a whole different side
I couldn't show you even if I tried
I must have got lost in time
When I found out I was only free to be
Wherever I wanna be

Ghost In the Machine wrote:Some say I'm out of sight
How ironic and that we're all so blind
If you could open up your eyes
You could see what I couldn't describe
And then, you'd see the signs
And then your soul would be set free
And then you'd be released

Ghost In the Machine wrote:And I'm terrified, like I've seen a U-F-O
'Cause everything ain't what I used to know (ain't what I used to know)
And I try to hide (I try to hide)
But I just can't hide no more, no no no
There's nothing worse than feeling like a ghost
Last edited by Vecny on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 am, edited 12 times in total.
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

HP: 30/30 SDC: 16/16 PPE: 26/26 ISP: 156/159
Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 pm

A Time for A Change
    Time: 0815 by end of post.
    Ley Line info: There are multiple ley lines in the ruins of Old Chicago 80 miles away, but none in Chi-Town itself.
    Location: Coalition States Army Training Facility - Chi-Town; Briefing Room 3297-Alpha
You unmute the television.
    Commentary momentarily repressed springs to life like a tiger springing from its cage. A blonde woman hotly speaks to the man in the split screen to her left. "You can't deny that the Emperor has struck the right tone with his address!"

The man on the left nearly spits as he rebukes her. "I can and I will. The Coalition States is not the only nation in the world! Where are all the other nations? The NGR is no doubt dealing with this same level of threat, but what of Quebec, what of Ishpeming, Manistique? Whykin even?! I'm sure even Merctown and Kingsdale is mobilizing to profit from this. This was a purely political speech for a home audience! Where are the calls for the other nations to step in and do their part? We are not the only humans on the planet, and I'll be damned if I'll watch my countrymen bleed so some scrag in Kingsdale can survive! The Emperor, or at least Colonel Prozek, need to make an appeal at the highest levels with all the other nations of our American continent! We cannot stand alone. We will if we must, but we should not try it as our first attempt!"

The woman sneers at him. "Recruitment is up by a margin not seen since the Tolkeen War! We've the manpower and the technology to beat back the enemy on our terms. I agree the other nations should pull their weight, but it is the duty of the Coalition to lead this fight. This is our time. No one can doubt us! Stand with the Heroes of Humanity, or sit with the demonic hordes that want to enslave our very planet, let alone us!"
You mute the sound again as the speech plays through your memory as if by rote.
Heroes of Humanity -- A Call to Arms
    "Some dare question our integrity. Our morality. And our motives. But none dare question our birthright to live free as human beings."
    "We, the people of the Coalition States, stand in the defense of humanity. We alone have bled and died in the defense of our world against the invasion of inhuman monsters and demons who would enslave all people."
    "We, the Coalition States, are the true, last bastion of humanity. A proud and noble people. A brave people. And we will not balk at the latest challenge before us."
    "We, the Coalition States, and all who stand at our side in this, our darkest hour, are the new Heroes of Humanity. Our ancestors have survived the Coming of the Rifts and the Great Cataclysm. Our forefathers crawled out of the bleakness that was the Two Hundred Year Dark Age, and we have fought many an unearthly foe for generation after generation."
    "In that time, we have grown strong and hardened our hearts to the treachery of monsters and magic. We are stronger than we have ever been. We are the heroes of humanity, and we shall stand victorious against the encroaching darkness. We fear you not demons and masters of magic. We will never kneel down before you. Never!"
    "My fellow citizens, we are called upon once again to take a stand against impossible odds. A new danger has emerged from beyond the Rifts. Demons from twin Hells seek to conquer and enslave us. They plan to turn our beautiful Mother Earth into a new plane of Hell. A dark, ugly world of misery where people are cattle and pets used for the amusement of wicked monsters. If we fail to stop these supernatural horrors, we shall be forced into obscenity and daily horror. No one shall be spared. No place will be safe. And the world we know will be transformed into a living nightmare."
    "It shall be a cold day in Hell before the people of the Coalition States surrender to demons and monsters!"
    "Do not let inhuman creatures steal our world from under us and take our humanity away. I implore you, my fellow humans, to join us! Join us in sending these demon-spawn back to Hell! Become of a Hero of Humanity and live free or die a noble death in the service of a greater cause for your fellow man.
    "It is time for you - for all of us - to stand tall and together. Join the Coalition Army. Together we will fight. Fight to save our fellow man. Fight to preserve the freedoms we and our ancestors have already fought so hard to obtain. We will bleed. And we will die, so all our children may know peace. This is the terrible price I ask of you, but it is a price that must be paid if we are to survive as a people. As a world."
    "Heed not this call to arms and we all perish."
    "Together, the human race can do anything. Together, we are unstoppable. And we shall win this fight, because we are not hellspawned abominations. We are human. We are fueled by justice and righteousness. We fight for our children. We fight for our neighbors. We fight for our lives!"
    "Join the Coalition Army and fight with us, and I promise you, victory shall not be denied! Victory will be ours!"
    "If might makes right, then we will stand stronger than our enemy. We will punish them for trying to take our world from us. We will fight with a cunning and tenacity that is at the very core of the human spirit. And we shall fight until we stand triumphant, or every last one of us has died trying."
    "These are lessons we must teach all inhuman invaders as we pull the trigger that sends their godforsaken souls back to the deepest pits of Hell from whence they came!"
    "Join me. Join us, my Heroes of Humanity, in the defense of our homes, our lives and our very existence. Make the demonspawn pay in blood for thinking we are not up to the challenge to save humanity once again. Unite and stand free!
    "Again I say, let this be a warning to all things inhuman: Crawl back into whatever alien hole you came from. Crawl back before we push you back with our guns blazing. "This is our world! Our home! And not any of you will take it from us! We will not surrender quietly. We will fight you for every inch. The Coalition States stand, unyielding, to protect every innocent human life on this continent."
    "My fellow humans, join us now, unflinching as we stare into face of the monsters who would devour us. And strike them down first!"

Of course all of that is just the backdrop. You have orders to appear in a briefing room in the next hour. You quickly finish your morning preparations, eat your breakfast, and set out. You arrive in good time, getting through security easily within time for the briefing. And so it is that you come to the briefing room and see some familiar faces - each other. Maybe you've kept up in the mean time, maybe you've been absorbed by a hundred different things. But now you are all in the same briefing room. It's like the band is getting back together. Briefing starts at 0830.

GM Notes: So what has changed? Has your look changed - or you more harried, less? Do you sleep well? Nightmares? Give each other person something to key onto. So one hook equal to the number of other players. I want an initial post and at least two responses to the other players.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Sorocco Skirmish of May 110PA

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 59

Egan is sitting in the conference room at a chair off to the side his duty uniform displaying a new patch shaped like a shield with a pointed bottom. On the shield is a pair of C-40R rail guns crossed above a skull. He looks well rested, clean shaven and cut, and positively excited as if he's been cooped up for too long. Physically he appears to have been hitting the gym and has put on a couple pounds of muscle, while nothing drastic, it is a noticeable change from when he was lasted seen in the field. -Finally gonna figure out where the hell we're gonna be going.....and it's about time too. I'm itching to get back out there and doing something without all these damned eyes and brass around.- As the next person enters the room, they are treated with the sight of the water pitcher, seeming of it's own violation, pouring its contents into a glass that floats over and sets down next to where Egan is.

[-10 ISP - Telekinesis]
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Constant Effects: Multi-Optic Eye, Sixth Sense (-2 ISP / use; +6 init, +2 parry, +3 dodge - can't be surprised)
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Dice Rolls
Perception 1d20+4 = 18
JIC 1d20 = 7
JIC 1d100 = 69

Military Etiquette 1d100 = 96/109%
Intelligence 1d100 = 90/68%

Somehow, when Snoopy enters the room the Black Talon enters first. He doesn't have the shiny dress version on, but the simple black patch on his dark blue coveralls. He "flies casual" as he approaches the briefing room, and tries to minimize the change in rank status, he doesn't want the rest of the squad to think of him that differently. Though he can't help smiling as he enters the room, the memory of getting chastised for saluting in the field.

If anything Snoopy seems less cocky. The look in his eye is still fierce and competitive, but the sense that he's trying to prove himself is more or less gone. Of course, he has been working extremely hard over the last few months, and there is some weariness on his youthful face. That's also tempered by relief, being in a briefing with the others probably means they're heading out, and that means no more psych sessions. It was becoming increasingly difficult to fake it through.

He is pretty eager to catch up with the others. Howlett was pretty much the only one he'd had more than passing contact with since the awards ceremony. It struck him as sad when he thought about it. These men and animals...no they are more than animals aren't they?...were closer to him than almost anyone, and yet he had not sought them out during this training period. That realization, looking around the room, makes Snoopy suddenly lonely. The smile on his face fades for a moment. He pulls the "My other ride is a Nightwing" hat off and tosses it onto the chair or desk at the front of the room. Then he pulls a YA romance novel out of his back pocket and drops that (without any shame at all, he may even be telegraphing the action a little, like yeah-it's a book) next to the hat.

He doesn't sit down right away. He walks over and looks out the window. That's when he notices Grey's antics and he stops and stares for a moment. "That's a nice trick, Grey. Especially helpful for meetings and vampires." He steps a little closer and leans on chair, "I hoped you kept out of trouble. Unfortunately, I didn't get into any, but it was pretty much full throttle the entire time."
Snoopy
Out along the edge / Is always where I burn to be / The further on the edge / The hotter the intensity

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle
• Range: 2000' • Damage: 2D6 M.D. / 6D6 M.D. burst • Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only • Payload: 30/30 per LE-Clip

Armor
• Helmet: 25/25 • Arms (left): 6/6 • Arms (right): 6/6 • Legs (left): 10/10 • Legs (right): 10/10 • Main Body: 22/22

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:51 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Egan looks relieved when Snoopy enters the conference room, he notices the badge first and then the officers rank. -I guess someone was really busy over the time we've had off mission.-
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"That's a nice trick, Grey. Especially helpful for meetings and vampires." He steps a little closer and leans on chair, "I hoped you kept out of trouble. Unfortunately, I didn't get into any, but it was pretty much full throttle the entire time."
A genuine smile appears on Egan's face as he looks a little embarrassed about getting caught being lazy. "Kept my nose clean, been busy with some training and getting adjusted with new things. Haven't had much time to really get out and have some fun. Hopefully that will happen now. I've been cooped up far too long." He takes a sip of water as seven other glasses fill themselves and find a place around the room at the other seats. "Congratulations on your new rank, I can see why you haven't had any time." Pointing at the badge, Egan's tone shifts to a more thoughtful one, "Is that new? For some reason I had figured you already belonged the way you fly." After a slight pause, Egan continues. "Oh! So how was your vacation? I'm assuming you picked the option to be with the one show your always watching."
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 48
Conditions: Nothing pertinent.

James walks into the meeting room, his uniform pressed and his over coat still buttoned up from the cold, his bag slung over his shoulder. James looks at the other team members as he steps in and smiles. Nice to be back on the job. James looks to Egan and shakes his head at the display of psychic power. "Sergeant keep the displays of power to a minimum." James says a hint of humor in his voice. Which given his new face, looks a lot more natural then when he was a scarred mess of a man. James proceeds to take his coat off and drapes it over a chair. "So once everyone has arrived we'll start our briefing and get prepped for our next assignment." James says as he opens his bag and pulls a pair of robotic arms out and sets them on a table. "So did anyone do anything fun for the holidays? I was pretty swamped with work and really only got a chance to go to a New Years Eve party."

James proceeds to attach his second set of arms to sockets on his mid/lower ribs. "I need to get a new coat I think." James says with a smirk, as the new arms begin to shift and move as if they're taking a moment to boot up. Moments later they seem to move naturally as his normal arms. Jame approaches Snoopy and pats him on the shoulder. "Nice job on completing the Black Talon course, now you're likely the top ace of the Coalition." James then looks to Egan. "You look like you're doing well Sergeant Grey, did the transition period do you some good. Major Taylor says your psynetic implant was both successful and fruitful."
James Howlett
"Out of all the people you meet I may be the only one who understands what you are thinking, Take one good look at my face. This is the price that I paid to bring foot to the collective asses of our enemies. There are many more who have sacrificed much more to do far less. ~2nd Lt James Howlett EP
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
M.D.C. by Location: Hands (2): 50 each, Forearms (2): 50 each, Upper Arms (2): 70 each, “Concealed” Forearm Weapon: 40, Legs (2): 90 each., Modular Secondary Arms (2): 60 each.
Constant effects: Amplified Hearing, Sound filtration system, Targeting Sight, Motion Detector, Gyro-Compass, Clock/Calendar
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
M.D.C. by Location: Helmet: 15/15, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 35/35, Right Leg: 35/35, Main Body: 150/150
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver • Payload: 4/4 • Extra Ammo: 8 rounds.
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:30 am

[Rolls carried over]

Egan does not know the dangerous territory he just entered. He asked about flying and Into the Flames. Oh man.

"I went to the Into the Flames Fan Expo! It was fabulous! Got to have dinner with the cast, hang around on set, talk with other fans and the producers! It was a little weird at first talking to the real people and not the characters, but then they totally turned the tables on me. At the last of the dinner events, the stars all started ask me questions!! I guess I knew it, but none of them actually are real soldiers, and none of the other fans seemed to be either. So once they found out sort of what I did, like I think I said when they asked what I did, I think I said I'm a SAMAS pilot, that was generic enough right? But anyway, once that happened, they wanted to know what it was 'really' like. Boy, that was some tricky flying there! I had to make it sound super cool and exciting, I didn't want them to think I was boring, right? But yeah, by the end, even though the show's secrets were pretty much exposed, it actually made me appreciate it more! Sure those guys aren't getting shot at or eaten by bad guys and monsters, but they work hard in their own way. I went home and in the two days before starting in on all the craziness totally binge watched as much as I could. So good."

Snoopy pauses just long enough to take a sip of the floating water, but not long enough for Egan to get a word in.

"Yeah, the Black Talon. Well, you have to go through an official school to get one. Which is cool, I went, I kicked ass. There is a difference between instinctive flying and actual training though. What a typical Sam gets, or even an "average" fast mover pilot for that matter, is pretty basic. 'Here's you weapons, get behind your enemy and shoot when you get a lock' but any form of ACM is basically learned on your own time. For me, since none of the manuals are really accessible by your lowly corporal or grunt, it was all instinctive, lessons learned in combat. There is no more harsh drill sergeant than facing insurmountable odds and coming out victorious! Still, between OCS and the Black Talon School, more and more theory became available. Sometimes being able to put a name to something really helps. You know like, 'We fell into a Thatch Weave' instead of 'We were like swooping in and out like' this and making wiggling gestures with your hands. Oh, but it was also totally cool, maybe to me at least, but on my off days, I ferried the fast planes between the different States. Man, afterburners are fucking awesome."

He leans in close, conspiratorially, "I learned to read in OCS, for real, not just the stuff used for work, but like really read. I totally understand why it's restricted. That much knowledge, wow, totally dangerous in the wrong hands."

Sitting back, and looking a little sheepish upon realizing he's been monologuing something fierce, Snoopy smiles and asks Egan, "So what were you up to? I can't believe your just hanging out sitting around. What was your vacation?"

When Howlett walks in Snoopy pauses...and thinks, Who is that? With the surgery complete, the senior officer looks very different. Snoopy struggles to keep chuckling from the double standard of the clear admonishment against Egan's display of powers and Howlett's blatant display of his own.

Snoopy smiles broadly at Howlett's praise. His answer is naturally cocky, "I always was, I have the badge to prove it now. Thank you for your help with officer school. I flew a lot, pretty much every day, it was good. And, uh, you're looking, uh, better."
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Egan listens to Snoopy's passionate rundown of both his vacation and flight school with rapt attention, and chuckles when he leans in and talks about being able to read now while nodding in agreement. Egan is about to respond to Snoopy's question of what he had been doing when the Doc walked in, and made him pause.
James Howlett wrote:"Sergeant keep the displays of power to a minimum." James says a hint of humor in his voice.
Hearing the voice confirms that it is who Egan thought as he exclaims. "Ho. Lee. Shit! Damn, Doc." Egan watches with an impressed expression as the Doc attaches his extra arms and comes over to speak with them. The glassware sets down on the table, and once Snoopy has finished speaking Egan tries to answer the questions both had asked.

"I did the Dino vacation, that was a blast. Lots of hard work goes into the whole raising them, running a business and getting the meat to market. Definitely enjoyed cooking and learning from the chef...he had me in the kitchen working with him when we did the end meal. All in all it was a great time." A wistful smile plays across the scouts face as he thinks back for a moment before he continues on. "Went into the ground pounder training for power armor when I got back to add a little versatility to my skill set." He briefly points to the patch on his duty uniform as he continues speaking. "Then got the implant installed and ran through all the training to get used to my new abilities of being able to move stuff with my mind. Was a little disappointed at first that I didn't burst into flames, but I think this is WAY better for what I do."

Looking back and forth between the two officers, Egan shakes his head and says with a smile. "Now I feel like a slacker, Thanks guys."
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

[Rolls carried over...]
"Dino vacation? That seems pretty rough, not much slacking I'm sure. Lots of cowboys though." Snoopy has a wistful look for a moment before recovering. He smiles and taps Egan on the top of his head, saying, "Oh, wow, so implant means you're all psi-batt? That's cool...I guess...But wait, so what power armor did you qualify in? Did you get to drive anything new and interesting? I hear there are some pretty hard core suits coming down the line, but I haven't seen them yet. I hope you got some broad training and not just stuck in one suit. Man, so many options out there. Have you kept tabs on some of the NG stuff their cranking out? Not up to CS standards, of course. Still, one of those AC-29s from Iron Heart could do a bunch of damage even if it is ancient. But anyway, you got a suit of choice?" It looks like Snoopy is just about to burst waiting for technical details, his eyes wide and his face intent.

Then he looks at Howlett, "Are we getting lunch? Or is this a short briefing?"
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"I always was, I have the badge to prove it now. Thank you for your help with officer school. I flew a lot, pretty much every day, it was good. And, uh, you're looking, uh, better."

James smirks once more. "I see you are gunning for Colonel Murphy's job as top pilot." James says in reference to the legendary Colonel Buck Murphy.

Egan Grey wrote:"Ho. Lee. Shit! Damn, Doc."

James is suddenly a bit self conscious. "Yeah, I felt it was time to erase the failures of the past and move on with life. Besides it was likely Director Bradford's idea to make my face look like a road map of Iowa." James says with a little sneer at the thought of Director Desmond Bradford. James grabs a glass and points at it for Egan to fill, a mischievous smirk on his face.

Egan Grey wrote:"I did the Dino vacation, that was a blast. Lots of hard work goes into the whole raising them, running a business and getting the meat to market. Definitely enjoyed cooking and learning from the chef...he had me in the kitchen working with him when we did the end meal. All in all it was a great time." A wistful smile plays across the scouts face as he thinks back for a moment before he continues on. "Went into the ground pounder training for power armor when I got back to add a little versatility to my skill set." He briefly points to the patch on his duty uniform as he continues speaking. "Then got the implant installed and ran through all the training to get used to my new abilities of being able to move stuff with my mind. Was a little disappointed at first that I didn't burst into flames, but I think this is WAY better for what I do."

Looking back and forth between the two officers, Egan shakes his head and says with a smile. "Now I feel like a slacker, Thanks guys."

James nods at Egan. "I remember the neighbors ranch when I was young, they kept Hardasaurs like cattle. It did not seem like easy work. Another power armor pilot, are you? Well it will add more fighting strength to the unit." James says before taking a sip of water.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Then he looks at Howlett, "Are we getting lunch? Or is this a short briefing?"

James shrugs. "I don't know Lieutenant, the docket is all over the place. I do not see us not having time for lunch."
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:26 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

James Howlett wrote:James is suddenly a bit self conscious. "Yeah, I felt it was time to erase the failures of the past and move on with life. Besides it was likely Director Bradford's idea to make my face look like a road map of Iowa." James says with a little sneer at the thought of Director Desmond Bradford. James grabs a glass and points at it for Egan to fill, a mischievous smirk on his face.
"Looking Good!" Egan states with the utmost sincerity as the water pitcher floats over and fills the glass.

James Howlett wrote:James nods at Egan. "I remember the neighbors ranch when I was young, they kept Hardasaurs like cattle. It did not seem like easy work. Another power armor pilot, are you? Well it will add more fighting strength to the unit." James says before taking a sip of water.
Maniacal Laugh wrote:[Rolls carried over...]"Dino vacation? That seems pretty rough, not much slacking I'm sure. Lots of cowboys though." Snoopy has a wistful look for a moment before recovering. He smiles and taps Egan on the top of his head, saying, "Oh, wow, so implant means you're all psi-batt? That's cool...I guess...But wait, so what power armor did you qualify in? Did you get to drive anything new and interesting? I hear there are some pretty hard core suits coming down the line, but I haven't seen them yet. I hope you got some broad training and not just stuck in one suit. Man, so many options out there. Have you kept tabs on some of the NG stuff their cranking out? Not up to CS standards, of course. Still, one of those AC-29s from Iron Heart could do a bunch of damage even if it is ancient. But anyway, you got a suit of choice?" It looks like Snoopy is just about to burst waiting for technical details, his eyes wide and his face intent.
"Yeah, lots of hard work and sweat goes into that." Egan gives his head a little shake as if to keep from going down memory lane before continuing to answer. "I'm checked out on three separate units, the NG Night Reaper, CS Death Knight, and the Terror Trooper. I wanted to get into a SAMAS, but the Instructor shot that down." Egan's voice changes as he imitates the Instructor, "We keep our feet on the ground, if you wanted to use that you should have become a flyboy." He waves his hand as if dismissing the instructors words before continuing. "The NG is what really caught my interest and made me take the course. It's more like a exo-suit than a power armor, but it's build for wet-work and infiltration in mind, silent, excellent sensors, and low profile as it kinda looks like a normal armor. Then there is the Death Knight! Ooh boy that is a badass piece of equipment there, fresh off the lines and that thing can get up and move, bouncing off walls and leaping up buildings. The thing can even drop from a really high height and land on its feet like it was nothing. Silver plated sword and shield, the shield can auto block for you, built from the ground up to fight the supernatural....Man that thing was a lot of fun to pilot." The excitement was easily apparent in his voice as he finished talking.

James Howlett wrote:
Maniacal Laugh wrote:Then he looks at Howlett, "Are we getting lunch? Or is this a short briefing?"
James shrugs. "I don't know Lieutenant, the docket is all over the place. I do not see us not having time for lunch."
"I'm getting kinda hungry....I wonder if there is a conference room with some bagels and donuts that can float away." He pauses for a second before looking at the Doc. "Any idea on where we will be going or doing?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:09 pm

[Rolls yeah, you know]

Snoopy can't help his origins as an enlisted man, so food is always a priority. But talking about power armor quickly shoves all that to the side. He nods along with Egan's description. A scowl accompanies the "fly-boy" comment. Egan keeps going so Snoopy keeps listening. "The Night Reaper does seem like your kind of PA. I'm pretty sure a Black Talon would be a qualified Sam instructor, you know." Snoopy says this with a big grin, and he's all but pointing at the patch on his arm. "The Terror Trooper is a heavy piece of armor, no doubt. Big too, with the raging debate over classification as a power armor when it is controlled more like a robot. Same thing happens with the Triax Ulti-Max too. Worthy armor no matter how you label it. That Death Knight, I know of it only by name. So consider me jealous! If you get your hands on one, you'll let me take it for a run right?" He smiles and the juvenile part of his mind thinks, I guess now I could just order him to let me try it. That's not a thought he wants to act on, but it's a reflection on the accomplishments he's made. He keeps smiling. "Built to fight supernatural? Aren't all our weapons suitable for fighting most of the foul creatures? But silver plated weapons, that could be useful. Wonder if I can silver plate the blades on Super Sam. Hmmm....."

"I don't know how much flying a Colonel actually does. I think I might want to be just good enough to not get to loaded down with responsibility." Snoopy smiles at Howlett (he's happy to be back to work). "I only learned a little while ago that people above Sergeant actually do work too. The real heavy ranks are still a bit opaque."
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:17 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Egan nods along as Snoopy talks about the Night Reaper and his eyebrow raises when SAM training comes up. "Deal, if you teach me the ins and outs of a SAM." Egan says with a smile. "True, all of the power armor and robots can fight the supernatural, but Silver seems to have a greater effect on Demons and Deevils which the Emperor was talking about in his speech. As for the Terror Trooper, yeah that one took some getting used to. All the other move when you do, so it was a bit off sitting down and inside the thing, plus being about twelve feet tall really throws things off for a bit. I picked that one over the Enforcer seeing as how what we normally do an Enforcer wouldn't be part of our load out." Egan takes a sip of water before continuing, he was enjoying the talk and would easily continue it for as long as possible. "The Juicer Killer was an interesting suit, I didn't like how it was so top heavy, but those weapon arms were really able to put down some major firepower...and all on their own." Egan pauses for a moment as a thought seems to enter his mind. "Did you end up specializing in anything or did they just give you the basics of everything for flying?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 pm

For Fun

"Sams and Deathwing. I can fly most anything, but those should be the backbone of our PA force. At least the flying part." Snoopy could also continue this kind of banter so he does. "The GB Killer is a special one isn't it. You know I heard this rumor that at Merctown a GBK and an independent Glitter Boy stood at the city gates and held off a whole demon horde. Apparently no one could understand what either of them were saying. I like that story. True or not. I don't know why for sure." He looks to the ceiling for a moment they says, "Yeah, the UAR-1 wouldn't work well with our missions, such as I've been on, you guys don't talk about the other ones. Except cryptic references to Atlantis. And the bossman's paranoia about Bradford. That makes sense though, as much as my mom tried, she couldn't disguise the working environment at Lone Star." He walks and picks up a water and drinks a little. "Yeah, I specialized, is what I meant. I already know the basics of most anything that gets more than a few feet off the deck. So, yeah, like I said, theory on top of the hard fought skills, that is a potent combination."
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

"Yeah, I didn't like how you can't really use the hands on it due to those blades, but it is a pretty nice machine in its own rights." Egan barks out a short laugh. "Those Hawaiian shirts where some of the most brightly colored things one could ever own and boy did he love those. That was our resident corn-fed, all coalition, flooper obsessed Heavy weapons guy Lunk...no that's not right" Egan looks a little confused for a moment. "Eugene...no Ed? Yeah, Edward. Good Guy, drank some bad tea laced with something nasty and had to go get it removed. Was hoping that he would have been back to active duty by now but I guess it might have been more than we thought. At least I think it was tea, I was missing an arm, leg and eye around that time so my memory is a bit fuzzy."

Egan settles into the chair he's sitting in a little bit more as he takes another drink and refills his glass. "Atlantis is where I joined this rag tag group of misfits." Egan smiles fondly as he says that. "They pulled me off the slavers block, that's where I first met the Doc and Snake Head. Their mission became my mission and we got back in one piece....more or less. Just in my short time with the squad I've seen lots of people come and go, I guess it's just the nature of one of these squads." He laughs again before finishing up. "Live fast, die young and leave a pretty body." Egan looks out the window for a moment before switching to a lower voice, "Only met Bradford the once, and I didn't really much care for him. I'm pretty sure the cleaning we did in Lone Star was part of his project list that got outta control. But it got taken care of before we shipped off and met you guys. But, thats only my guess."

"Ohh."Egan's voice picks back up as he remembers something. "Did you ever want to fly one of those Icarus flight packs the juicers use? Or is that kind of speed not something you ever wanted to shoot for?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 am

[And on we go!]

"Flight packs? Speed? Hell yeah, I'd fly those. I will have you know that I got a little work done too, so now I can go toe to toe with those juiced morons on whatever platform they want. I figured, if was walking all over them with just a simple meat bag, what could a little help hurt?" Snoopy looks over at Howlett. He gestures to the mad captain and says, "I think he may have had something to do with the design. Which means, I'm pretty sure it has a bomb." Snoopy chuckles at his joke, know how true it probably is.

But Snoopy circles back round to the Merctown thing. "Wait, you were there? I thought it was an urban legend? I mean, I did like the idea of humans banding together to fend off demons, even before the speech." Reviewing the details he frowns, "Bad tea? How do you get tea fighting demons? Was there a cease fire for a tea party? This is even crazier than the urban legend. Tea parties with demons, crazy shirts, GB and GBK fighting side by side. Man. I could pass on the Atlantis bit, but Merctown sounds like a hilarious knife party."

Raising his water glass in a mock cheer, Snoopy says, "Live fast, I can salute too, the others, I'll wait and see!"

Looking around he wonders out loud, "Where is everybody? Do we need to send out the MPs!"
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Mane » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 51

The sound of Mane's feet pounding the floor in rapid succession announced his pending arrival well before he graced the doorway. In every room he passed along the way, loose items and drinks vibrated and lightly shook with each of his nearly 400-lb. footfalls, like a rolling force-one earthquake. Seeing the room number in the hallway, he skidded to a stop like he was stealing home plate. Having run all the way there on foot, the big cat was out of breath when he finally arrived.

"Sorry..." Mane began, panting like an exhausted dog. "My ride had engine troubles half way through the Firetown 'Burbs." He then made an vain attempt to tidy his appearance by tugging on his uniform and running his fingers through his thick mane of hair. "Had to make my way on foot through there, through all of Prosekville, and ... You get the idea."

Since the others had seen Mane last, the mutant lion had put on a few pounds, both in muscle and a little blubber. Hanging out with the ISS team in the 'Burbs had a definite impact on his diet and workout regiment. He was wearing a storm-cloud-grey one-stripe Private's uniforms (no fancy patches for his training), but the sleeves and leggings were both rolled up to the knees and elbows, revealing his beafy forearms and calves. Mane had grown accustomed to foregoing boots or socks, opting instead to toughen up his feet and feel the world without any layers between him and it. As for his near-white mane, it was was wild and free-floating as ever with the occasional braided length here and there festooned with few beads woven into their lengths; a random assortment of gold (plated), opal, and turquoise beads.

Not wasting a moment, Mane entered and went right past the seven glasses of water, instead grabbing the picture by its handle and proceeded to chug its refreshing contents down. With his mad thirst sated, the battle cat's senses returned to him, permitting him to notice the subtle differences in his present colleagues.

He looked at Howlett with a curious eye, and then sniffed the air to catch the man's scent to confirm it was really him. "Hu... Aren't you the handsome gent, sir." he approvingly purred in his deep raspy voice. The rasp was more pronounced than it was in the time before, hinting at the harder night life he was enjoying in the past few months with his fellow mutant animals with the ISS in the 'Burbs.

"So, what did I miss?" he asked to no one in particular.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
  • Damage: 2D4 M.D./single, 4D4 M.D./burst of three, 5D6 M.D./burst of six, plus Knockdown Effect; Range: 2,000'
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Flight packs? Speed? Hell yeah, I'd fly those. I will have you know that I got a little work done too, so now I can go toe to toe with those juiced morons on whatever platform they want. I figured, if was walking all over them with just a simple meat bag, what could a little help hurt?" Snoopy looks over at Howlett. He gestures to the mad captain and says, "I think he may have had something to do with the design. Which means, I'm pretty sure it has a bomb." Snoopy chuckles at his joke, know how true it probably is.
"Nice." Egan responds with a nod, then laughs when the bomb is mentioned. "probably not a bomb, but you might have an urge to keep adding.....feel like having four arms to man more controls and weapons now?" his voice is a measure of playful teasing of the Doc.

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Wait, you were there? I thought it was an urban legend? I mean, I did like the idea of humans banding together to fend off demons, even before the speech." Reviewing the details he frowns, "Bad tea? How do you get tea fighting demons? Was there a cease fire for a tea party? This is even crazier than the urban legend. Tea parties with demons, crazy shirts, GB and GBK fighting side by side. Man. I could pass on the Atlantis bit, but Merctown sounds like a hilarious knife party."
A smile eases onto his face once more and replies with a nod, "Yup, was there. So was the Doc. "

Snoopy Toretto wrote:Raising his water glass in a mock cheer, Snoopy says, "Live fast, I can salute too, the others, I'll wait and see!"

Looking around he wonders out loud, "Where is everybody? Do we need to send out the MPs!"
Raising his glass in turn, Egan opened his mouth to reply when he heard the thunder of movement in the hall. "Damn, the MP's response time has dramatically improved!" Seeing Mane enter the room, Egan notes the braids and other adornments laced through his hair first, before noting the slight change in some additional weight gained from the downtime. "Uh-oh, looks like someone went native." Egan joking says as the big battle cat gulps down water.

Mane wrote:He looked at Howlett with a curious eye, and then sniffed the air to catch the man's scent to confirm it was really him. "Hu... Aren't you the handsome gent, sir." he approvingly purred in his deep raspy voice. The rasp was more pronounced than it was in the time before, hinting at the harder night life he was enjoying in the past few months with his fellow mutant animals with the ISS in the 'Burbs.

"So, what did I miss?" he asked to no one in particular.
Egan's eyebrow went up a little at the rasp in the cat's voice before answering his last question. "Nothing much so far, just catching up with what we've been up to during the downtime and training. You're looking more....relaxed. Have a good vacation?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:50 pm

{{Rolls Carried Over}}

Egan Grey wrote:"... You're looking more....relaxed. Have a good vacation?"

Mane gulped down more watter straight from the picture, finishing it off completely. *Aaaaah!* he expressed in satisfaction, relishing in the liquid refreshment.

"I don't know if I call it a vacation in the way you think of it." Mane placed the empty picture down and sat one butt cheek down on the table. The table groaned in protest, but held just the same. "They let me visit the set of that Creech Babies reality show, and I taught the wee ones how to make a proper trophy ear necklace... The producer kicked me off the set after that... After that they started on some therapy sessions. I didn't mind psych counseling so much ... especially the group sessions. Though the electroshock therapy wasn't my favorite part."

Mane eyed the table, looking for another picture of water. Casually he reached for it and began to drink from the picture like it were a giant beer stein. "But I tell you as much as it sucked, it made me a better cat! They taught me more about the great circle of life, which of course includes death. And I came to understand how I was focusing too much on that half and not enough on life." He then placed the picture back down.

Mane's eyes widened and a jubilant smile crept up on his face. With a fraction of his cat like reflexes, but still fast by human standards, he got up off the table and went over to Eagan. "It hit me like a lightning bolt! The realization that Life is for the Living, and it shoud be lived every day! And to live is to Love.

His massive arms wrapped around Egan in a big, warm, loving embrace. It was a good thing Mane had put on a few pounds of padding, else he might have caused the man serious harm. "I love you, brother! I'm not affraid to say that now."

Mane held the man-hug for a good five seconds before letting go, but then added, "Oh... and I killed a juicer with my bear hands, which was pretty cool."

The nuvo-hippy battle cat then turned a loving eye to Howlett, clearly getting ready to turn the Hug Machine on the four-armed man. "And you, sir..."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 am

[lions and tigers and bears, oh my!]

This is what Snoopy has been missing for a long time. He never had a chance like this to laugh and joke with the other fliers during the Black Talon school, and OCS didn't seem like a place where one made friends. Especially not at the accelerated crash course he was on. He'd been able to joke about "big wrenches" and "tiny hardware" with some of the maintenance guys, but it was just for show. That was fine, but here, Egan was really cracking him up. And the whole Merctown thing was kind of jawdropping. Him and the Doc? Wow!

"If I ever want four arms..." Snoopy starts to reply when the mad cat storms in like a hurricane of fur and claws. The coat looks hilarious to Snoopy. Mane is so incredibly feral that putting a regulation uniform on him makes the cat look even crazier. But at this point, Snoopy still thinks the cat should be put down, but he is beginning to appreciate the value of absolute crazy on the team. You wouldn't want a human to be crazy, probably, but with an animal like Mane, it was probably okay as long as it didn't get out of hand. As usual, the battle cat was close to out of hand.

Snoopy tries to relate, "Did they shoot the Creche Babies in Lone Star? I've seen them there before. Think they'd have more dog boys on that crew." He also works hard to ignore the water gulping antics. He's not sure whether to keel over laughing or try and get the insane feline to cease the antics and find a chair and sit still. He realizes laughing is the realistic option, so he does. Then the juicer-murder registers. "Wait, where did you kill a juicer?" he says, quickly adding, "I've been working on some skills to match them in the air, but hand to hand, damn, that's impressive."
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:42 am

((And Another One))

As the Big battle cat leaps into action Egan is confused as to how to react, but before his mind could come to a course of action it was too late. All in all it wasn't as bad as he had thought, the musky sweat scent from Mane just running a marathon was a bit much, but it was still just a little weird. -Great we just lost a huge battle asset to peace and love....- Egan patted the cat as much as his pinned arms could, and re-adjusted himself back into the seat as the furry missile locked onto a new target. Egan watched with rapt attention and un-hidden glee as the cat started moving towards the Doc.
Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Did they shoot the Creche Babies in Lone Star? I've seen them there before. Think they'd have more dog boys on that crew." He also works hard to ignore the water gulping antics. He's not sure whether to keel over laughing or try and get the insane feline to cease the antics and find a chair and sit still. He realizes laughing is the realistic option, so he does. Then the juicer-murder registers. "Wait, where did you kill a juicer?" he says, quickly adding, "I've been working on some skills to match them in the air, but hand to hand, damn, that's impressive."

-NOOoooooooo!- screamed through Egan's mind as Snoopy tried to distract Mane from Egan's preferred mission with questions. Only then did the last bit of conversation about killing a Juicer seem to come into focus. -Huh, maybe we didn't.-
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 am

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"Did they shoot the Creche Babies in Lone Star? I've seen them there before. Think they'd have more dog boys on that crew."

As Mane answered the question, he slowly moved in closer and closer to Howlett, brotherly love twinkling in his one good eye. "Maybe for the episode you saw. They took me and Ceasar to a boot camp a few miles east of here. There might have been more to it, but they kicked me out of there pretty quick. ... Something about violating the moral terpitude clause."

Snoopy Toretto wrote:Then the juicer-murder registers. "Wait, where did you kill a juicer?" he says, quickly adding, "I've been working on some skills to match them in the air, but hand to hand, damn, that's impressive."

"They had me do that over in the Science Wing. It was part of my therapy sessions. Think they called it Tramatic Paradigm Adjustment Therapy. Turns out, beating a juicer is easier than you might think. All you have to do is stay alive long enough to get a clear shot while he beats the living shit out of you. ... I don't know. Maybe it would have been easier if I wasn't still woozy from an electro-shock session. Being almost naked didn't help either."

Mane was nearly to Howlett, ready to express his new open, loving spirit of camaraderie for his extended family. And Howlett was like a second father to him.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:36 am

Mane used words that were actually American. He strung them together in sentences that technically made sense, but they were still batshit crazy for almost every “answer” the cat provided. Snoopy sat for a moment, all the things about Mane that don’t fit the profile of your typical Lone Star creation. For Emperor’s sake, his vocabulary is bigger than many of the grunts, not to mention that reads that weird religious nonsense.

Snoopy shakes his head and sits down near Egan. And that’s when he realizes what’s about to go down.

Stage whispering to the other guy, “We might have been better to wear armor today.” He looks up at the ceiling, yup there’s a fan. Brace yourself!”
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:12 am

((See above....way above))

When Mane still continued moving towards the Doc even while answering questions Egan felt a huge wave a relief flood through him. -Yes!- Each step that brought Mane closer to the Doc, Egan unconsciously inched closer to the edge of his seat. Questions of his own popped into his head as Mane answered Snoopy. -Not gonna say anything now...don't want to jinx it....plenty of time afterwards to ask.- When Snoopy sat down near him and whispered, Egan didn't turn away from the spectacle but nodded for a moment before whispering back. "5 credits says the Doc throws us all for a loop and feels the love." -I wonder if Mane's fascination with death was the same as this....I mean I can't look away.-
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Snoopy takes out his credit chip and says, “It’s a bet. I think Mane is going to find out the CO’s hidden strength and end up lying on the ground.”

He pauses. “He has been weirdly happy—for him—lately though. Who knows. Good bet.”
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:40 pm

(Rolls Carried Over)

James looks to Mane as he approaches. James' two right arms shoot up with fingers pointed at the battle cat. "Uh uh...!" James says sharply with a shake of his head in the negative. "I am glad to see you have gotten a new view on life, but hugging your commanding officer is a breach of regulations." James says before looking to the others. "So is everyone ready for this briefing?" James asks as he pulls a computer from his bag and sets it on the table before pulling a few wires to connect the unit to the in room projector.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Snoopy whispers to Egan, “let’s call it a draw, there was no violence or catastrophic blowouts. Kind of a let down.”
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:42 pm

((Yup, still going....))

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Snoopy takes out his credit chip and says, “It’s a bet. I think Mane is going to find out the CO’s hidden strength and end up lying on the ground.”
He pauses. “He has been weirdly happy—for him—lately though. Who knows. Good bet.”
Egan gives a quick thumbs up to the pilot as he finds himself on the edge of his seat, the culmination of the situation reaching it crescendo...
James Howlett wrote:James looks to Mane as he approaches. James' two right arms shoot up with fingers pointed at the battle cat. "Uh uh...!" James says sharply with a shake of his head in the negative.
It felt like Egan just got run over by an APC. He visibly deflated as he sunk back into the chair he was sitting in as he finally exhaled the breath he had been holding. "Awwwww." With a sigh, Egan reached into his pocket and removed his credit chit.
Maniacal Laugh wrote:Snoopy whispers to Egan, “let’s call it a draw, there was no violence or catastrophic blowouts. Kind of a let down.”
The scout shrugged and nodded once to Snoopy as he disappointingly whispered back, "Yes, yes it was." Speaking just a little louder so the Doc's cybernetic ears could easily pick up, Egan mutters "Could of at least taken one for the team." as he glanced at the Doc with a sly smile.

James Howlett wrote:"So is everyone ready for this briefing?" James asks as he pulls a computer from his bag and sets it on the table before pulling a few wires to connect the unit to the in room projector.
"Yup," Egan says as he glances around. "Who we missing?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:16 pm

{{Rolls Carried Over}}

James Howlett wrote:James looks to Mane as he approaches. James' two right arms shoot up with fingers pointed at the battle cat. "Uh uh...!" James says sharply with a shake of his head in the negative.

With arms already spread wide, Mane came to a sudden stop. In his eye the thought of doing it anyways could clearly be seen.

James Howlett wrote:"I am glad to see you have gotten a new view on life, but hugging your commanding officer is a breach of regulations."

The questionably "Certified Sane" battle cat slowly lowered his arms, but gave his commanding officer a coy, sideways smile. "When you're ready, sir, your hug is waiting. I'll keep it warm for you."

James Howlett wrote:So is everyone ready for this briefing?" James asks as he pulls a computer from his bag and sets it on the table before pulling a few wires to connect the unit to the in room projector.

Mane went back to the table and picked up the picture of water he was drinking from a moment before. "Ready when you are, sir."

Instead of attempting to fit his posterior and tail in one of the human-sized seats, Mane opted to lean against a wall. The spot he chose deliberately gave him a clear vantage of any presentation, but also permitted him to keep an eye on the door... just in case.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:19 pm

Rolls
Perception - 1d20+1 = 14 +3 more if electronics or machines
Save vs Insanity - 1d20 = 15
JiC - 1d100 = 99
JiC - 1d20 = 8

Seemingly ignoring the typical military convention of ‘if you’re not there 10 minutes before start you’re late’ Lyndon steps into the meeting room with less than a minute to spare, his eyes clearly scan the room in a threat assessment when he enters but it is nothing like the constant unease Mane had noted at the awards ceremony. It seems his overall demeanor is calmer and more confident, though their limited exposure makes it difficult to know for sure.

Those who are particularly astute will notice that he is favoring his right side slightly and gives an almost imperceptible wince when he sits. His uniform does not bear any additional badges to indicate he received any of the prestigious training schools, but it does seem a little tight on him as he is noticeably more muscular than before. The faint remains of a pair of black eyes indicate he hasn’t been idle though. If anyone remembers him clearly enough from their brief time together they’ll notice his nose didn’t have that slight crooked bent to it, likely the cause of the darkened eyes.
Last edited by Lyndon Jericho on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Nerual Mace
Update Signature
EP Ledger
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby CS High Command » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:31 pm

A Time for A Change
    Time: 0828 by end of post.
    Location: Coalition States Army Training Facility - Chi-Town; Briefing Room 3297-Alpha

The time clicks close to 0830 as the group settles down. Booting up his laptop, he sees he's short two that are assigned to him, but given the day, hour, and the fact that he did not personally deliver their orders to the messenger, like he had done with the former members of the 110th, means he can't be sure the orders were delivered on time. Unless they show in the next five minutes, he'll have to start without them.

As the door opens, he expects to see them, but instead sees a courier with a tray of turkey, ham, and peanut butter sandwiches (ten of each) and fruit cups, plus napkins and spoons, as well as three large thermos containers. Two hold coffee, one holds apple juice. "The Colonel sends her compliments and hopes you'll have a productive day." He also hands James a sealed envelope, but he already knows what is in it - invitations for tonight. "Good day Captain, Lieutenant." He salutes, looking to both officers, then leaves. The clock over the door says 0828.

CS High Command
Game Master

Postby James Howlett » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/66%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 64
Conditions: None.

James looks to the sandwiches and coffee and sighs. "Alright we eat first then I will go over the briefing for day." James says with a wave of one of his hands towards the food. James waits for the others to grab food before grabbing a peanut butter & jelly sandwich a fruit cup and a cup of coffee. James takes it back to the head table and sits and eats his breakfast, once he sees a majority of the team is finished or at the very least paying attention, he'll continue.

"So as you are all aware we have been transferred to Psi-Battalion Alpha Fortieth Special Operations Group, Fourth Platoon. Also known as the Revenants. We have been given new barracks and a new location is being set up in Merctown for us. We are under the purvey of Lieutenant Colonel Carol Black and Major Smith, who was transferred with us." James says as he brings up a picture of the new team logo.

"In Chi-Town we will be barracked with the rest of the Fortieth, and in MercTown we have purchased space inside a shipping company's headquarters who are also tasked with acting as support for our mercenary cover identity. This will also mean that we will have new gear issued to us. For those of you with power armor certification, you may choose from the following list of armors for standard missions and from the following list for mercenary cover missions." James says as he puts both lists up for the team to look at it.

Screen Shows wrote:Coalition Armor List:
  • Death Knight
  • Terror Trooper
  • Striker SAMAS
  • J3-W "Falcon" Death Wing
  • Super SAMAS

Mercenary Armor List:
  • NG-X30 Aurora Blazer
  • NG-AX19 Blue Hawk
  • NG-UELX45 Night Reaper
  • NG-UELX49 Silent Shadow
  • NG-X67 Prophet
  • NG-X9 Samson Mk III
  • NG-DX-001 Thunder Hound or NG-HX-02 Thunder Hound Power Armors.

James looks back to the team. "So please make a note of what armor you are looking for and I will put in a requisition order for it. Next I will go over the more mundane gear we will be able to requisition. Note that if you are putting in for power armor you are not going to be getting access to some of these options." James says as he pulls up another pile of lists and puts them on the screen.

Screen Shows wrote:Body Armor Notes:
  • One suit of Bandito, NG, Naruni, or Triax Body Armor with built in Naruni Light Forcefield
  • One suit of CA-7 Mk 3 Body Armor custom fitted for wearer; Alternate one suit of light espionage borg armor with the same features and styling.
  • One suit of high end plain clothes armor made to look like a good suit with good tailoring
  • One suit of plain clothes armor made to look like typical mercenary uniform jumpsuits

[u]Standard Coalition Loadout:

• Each soldier is approved for one cybernetic of choice
  • 4 extra E-clips for your weapon
  • 2 flares
  • Survival knife
  • RMK robot medical kit
  • IRMSS Internal Robot Medical Surgeon System
  • CS-S2 Survival Pack
  • Utility belt
  • Air filter & gas mask,
  • CM-PRC-5 Secure Walkie Talkie
  • CM-Ultra Pocket Laser Distancer
  • CM-FLIR Distancing and Recording Binoculars
  • A protective case with 10 one-inch disks
  • CS Commando Wristwatch
  • Laser Gyro Navigation Aid

Standard Mercenary Loadout
  • 4 extra E-clips for weapon
  • 2 flares
  • Survival knife
  • RMK robot medical kit
  • IRMSS Internal Robot Medical Surgeon System
  • NG-S2 Survival Pack
  • Utility belt
  • Air filter & gas mask
  • Wilk's PRC-5 Secure Walkie Talkie
  • Wilk's Ultra Pocket Laser Distancer
  • Wilk's FLIR Distancing and Recording Binoculars
  • Protective case with 10 one-inch disks
  • IDF Commando Wristwatch
  • Laser Gyro Navigation Aid.

"We have fittings for the armored tuxedos at thirteen hundred hours today, this is mandatory." James says. "Next we'll go over weapon selections."

Screen Shows wrote:Coalition Weapons:
  • 2 smoke grenades
  • 4 offensive grenades
  • CP-40 or CP-50
  • CP-30 or C-5
Soldiers not rated for Power Armor may select from the following weapons.
  • C-200
  • Dead Man’s Rail Gun
  • CTT-P40 Particle Beam Cannon
  • C-29 Plasma Cannon
Mercenary Weapons:
  • 2 smoke grenades
  • 4 offensive grenades
  • NG or Bandito Long Arm of choice
  • Choice of NG-45 Long Pistol or the NG-59 Ion Pistol & Grenade Launcher
    • NG or Bandito Heavy weapon
      • JA-11 or JA-12 for Marksmen

James stops for a moment. "Is everyone with me so far?" James says waiting for any questions to pop up. "All the gear put into storage is still available and awaiting us at the new MercTown location." James says to those in the know.

Other than that we will have a few transport options available for us, mostly we are keeping the big ugly bus as Private Mane likes to call it, and a pair of NG-277 Jouster hover cycles for escort. It will be kept in MercTown While on official missions. For those will be using a Coalition modified Skybunker with a pair of AFC-115 Warbird Rocket Cycle for escort. Alternatively we have access to lightly armed NG-300 Speedster Hovercycle (rented) for each person that needs one, and an APT Adventurers’ Trailer for the team. This will be pulled by a Northern Gun Cargo hauler owned by the shipping company. We will use this option when extreme stealth is required."[/b] James says while putting the information on the screen.

"Now we get to the easier parts of the briefing, first off you may have noticed that Lieutenant Freeman is not among us anymore, he has been transferred for a deep cover mission and will likely be gone for quite a while. That being said I would like to introduce your new Executive Officer Lieutenant Toretto. So feel free to congratulate him when you get the chance. Finally we have some paperwork to go over, pretty standard transfer paperwork. You will find a folder with your name on it, inside will be a number of papers, please sign on the lines marked with an X and place them back into the folder." James says pointing to a small stack of folders. "If any of you have any questions please ask now as we will be quite busy for the rest of the day." James says while closing his laptop.

"Oh that reminds me, we have a working dinner with the Lieutenant Colonel tonight, tuxedos mandatory, I have our invitations and will keep them until just before the event."
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5 (+5 for Friend or Foe distinctions)
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 52

When the food was brought in and Howlett gave the okay to dig in, Mane grabbed himself two turkey sandwiches and a cup of coffee. The coffee, as per his tastes, was black and bitter.

Mane listened to the presentation intently, not missing a syllable of what was said. While he was somewhat disappointed that Freeman had moved on to other assignments, he was more so curious about the absence of his favorite hunting partner Caesar. After Howlett was done with the presentation, Mane raise his hand to ask a few questions.

"What about Caesar? Has he been reassigned as well?"

Mane politely listen to to the answer before moving on to his next question.

"Over in the ISS house in The 'Burbs, a lot of the dogs are all woody hard about that Thunder Hound armor. Scuttlebutt says you don't even need training to use it. Is that true? ... And does it fit a big cat like me? You might not have noticed due to my amazing feline grace, but sometimes I find it difficult to fit into tight places."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 40

Egan grabs a couple sandwiches, a fruit cup, and a cup of coffee. He eats as the Doc goes over his presentation. Egan makes notes as to which gear he would like to be assigned and makes his marks on the transfer paperwork as needed. -Cool, at least we won't always be stuck here. At least that's a plus.- He is relieved to hear that Chi-Town won't be the only place they will be stationed at.
Mane wrote:"What about Caesar? Has he been reassigned as well?"

Mane politely listen to to the answer before moving on to his next question.

"Over in the ISS house in The 'Burbs, a lot of the dogs are all woody hard about that Thunder Hound armor. Scuttlebutt says you don't even need training to use it. Is that true? ... And does it fit a big cat like me? You might not have noticed due to my amazing feline grace, but sometimes I find it difficult to fit into tight places."
Like Mane, Egan pays attention to the answer about Caesar before attempting to answer Mane's second question. "Why not. Those kill hounds can get pretty big. Probably would want a different helmet though." Egan switches back to the personnel topic. "Is that Jerry guy still part of the squad or did he get moved on as well?"
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Lyndon Jericho » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 pm

(Rolls Carried)

Having already ‘eaten’ the fruit and protein shake that has become his new normal, Lyndon ignores the sandwiches and coffee. He does however take one of the glasses of water without fanfare having missed their hovering performance. The knuckles of his right hand are covered with bruises and split skin, anyone making the effort can see his left is likewise mangled. He sips the water quietly listens as the briefing starts.

He accepts the offered folder and scans the paperwork inside before signing it and handing it back. It’s not really something he could argue with anyway, and with a quick read like this he can recall the information later word for word. Lyndon nods when Mane and Grey mention the Thunderhound. ”From what I’ve read that’s more or less the case, it operates like an exoskeleton. It does enhance your speed and reflexes as well, so there is what I’d call an adjustment period but it doesn’t require an in-depth understanding like most power armors. You get one for a big hound with the right type of helmet…” he pauses to think for a moment before continuing, ”...something like a mastiff shape and I I’d bet good credits I can make that work. No promises, but I could probably make it look like a lion too. In fact, if I can snag a decent jet pack to go with it I’ll be asking for the human version. I think I could have some real fun with those suits, good solid base to work with. Especially if we can score some of the modular equipment they make for the Pit Fighter...that shop would be like heaven for me.”

Taking a tablet and stylus out he begins tapping and scribbling on the screen. ”Might end up with a bit of a wild list LT, so if anything is too far out there just axe it and let me know.”
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Nerual Mace
Update Signature
EP Ledger
Lyndon Jericho
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Snoopy Toretto » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Perception 1d100 = 66/64%
JIC 1d20 = 5
JIC 1d100 = 100

With as much propriety as a hungry young officer can manage, Snoopy doesn't grab as much as possible from the food tray. He lets the others (except for Mane, who's already demonstrated a lack of any self control with the water pitchers) go first and then grabs a two or three turkey and/or ham sandwiches. He stashes a couple pb sandwiches in a flight suit thigh pocket. He fills a cup of coffee. With sustenance in hand, he's not sure where to sit. His stuff is on the chair right in front of Howlett. That should be okay. Snoopy sits down and quietly pays attention and sips his coffee. He doesn't dive into the sandwiches until theirs a pause.

He jots down a few (marginally legible) notes on his pad about the gear. He cringes at the CS selection, at least the Super SAMAS is on the list. Everything else is a total brick. And nothing else is on his Black Talon expert rating. The Condor gets such a bad rap these days, he thinks, doodling a little picture of a Condor Deathwing shooting things of indistinct form. It's someone trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist with a solution no one needs. He can't help shake his head a little. Hopefully no one notices. He also requests a hand held weapon for it. Thinking about the silver ammo, he'd rather go with a railgun, but the power supply and ammo drum would have too much effect on his flight characteristics. Instead he requests the semi-standard CTT-P40 Particle Beam Cannon. Snoopy notes, thinking what the heck, silver plating on the arm blades.

The additional cybernetic enhancement puzzles Snoopy. He jots down another note about this. He's going to be sending Howlett one great email with all these questions! Reading and writing is so cool. Otherwise the choices for sidearms from the proper gear is easy: CP-30 Laser Pulse Pistol and a CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher.

The mercenary list has more interesting items, but they are all very limited. He's not happy. He really does frown this time. Jotting a note, "Replace Blue with Red-hawk, unless we're looking at underwater ops." He is much more pleased with the merc gear, however, though the Naruni tech leaves a bad taste in his mouth. But so does magic, and that certainly saved his life and he didn't turn it down. He starts to turn sour at that thought. Damn, so many damn secrets.

From his head he decides that moral and patriotic duty dictates he at least take a Northern Gun armor. Something like the Explorer maybe, if he's running around in armor, something on the heavier side would probably be good. Especially since the forcefield will probably fail at the worst possible moment. He notes the Explorer EBA down, with a smaller scribble, "stalker suit?" next to it. The armored clothing is a little goofy, but then he thinks about reasons why they might need it, and that makes him pretty excited. He'll have to brush up on his civilized act. While he's thinking about the merc weapons, he still daydreams for a moment about the high light and might miss just a tiny bit of Howlett's speechifying. Persona weapons don't hold his attention nearly as much. The NG-45 Long Pistol should be good enough and fit in most flight suit holsters. He shrugs thinking about the longarm. With similar logic to the armor selection, Snoopy marks the NG-LG6 Laser Rifle with Grenade Launcher, BLock II as the choice. Grenades could be anti-monster varieties, he thinks, but isn't really sure.

He breaks his gear-head reverie to stand and acknowledge the rest of the squad when Howlett calls him out. Snoopy tries to contain his excitement about the "working dinner". Taking this opportunity he sizes up everyone else in the room and try to see this group with "officer eyes". There's Mane, hard to miss. Probably way to hard to kill. He's on the CS side for right now, should be kept that way, within reason. I wonder if Howlett has any allowances predetermined for this walking nightmare?. He frowns. Caesar isn't there and the happy dogboy was a wonderful addition to the team and a great mediating force on the insane, huggy cat. Egan, solid, dependable, point man. New psychic powers. I should get a more detailed list of those, hard to plan with them otherwise.

And then, the new guy. Snoopy was the new guy a very short while ago. Then that dickhead engineer guy showed up and couldn't stop being an asshat for more than a few seconds. This guy sitting here has a similar cranky look. Snoopy pauses to listen to Jericho speak. Snoopy smiles at Jericho, "I'd love a wild list Corporal, this one the Captain gave us is kind of boring."
Snoopy

Stats

Conditions:

Weapons:
CP-20 Laser Pistol
Vibro-Knife
CP-40 Pulse Laser Rifle

Armor

Vehicle
Deathwing:
Snoopy Toretto
Gold Level Patron
Gold Level Patron

Postby Mane » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 am

{{Rolls Carried Over}}

Egan Grey wrote:... attempting to answer Mane's second question. "Why not. Those kill hounds can get pretty big. Probably would want a different helmet though." Egan switches back to the personnel topic. "Is that Jerry guy still part of the squad or did he get moved on as well?"

Lyndon Jericho wrote: Lyndon nods when Mane and Grey mention the Thunderhound. ”From what I’ve read that’s more or less the case, it operates like an exoskeleton. It does enhance your speed and reflexes as well, so there is what I’d call an adjustment period but it doesn’t require an in-depth understanding like most power armors. You get one for a big hound with the right type of helmet…” he pauses to think for a moment before continuing, ”...something like a mastiff shape and I I’d bet good credits I can make that work. No promises, but I could probably make it look like a lion too. In fact, if I can snag a decent jet pack to go with it I’ll be asking for the human version. I think I could have some real fun with those suits, good solid base to work with. Especially if we can score some of the modular equipment they make for the Pit Fighter...that shop would be like heaven for me.”

Hearing noting but words of support and approval, Mane nodded his head as his attention went from Egan and then to the new guy Jericho. Barring any objections from the big man, he saw nothing but green lights in front of him. "Alright then. One extra-large Thunder Hound suit is going on my list!"

Taking the packet of papers with his name on them, Mane went to the end of the table and sat on the floor. With is size, the tabletop came up to mid-chest, giving him a suitable surface to write on. Though a little awkward, using a chair would have been more so.

Opening the manila folder, he came to the first page requiring a signature. Trusting the Coalition and his boss implicitly, he didn't even bother to read beyond where it asked for a signature. The beastly cat extended his index finger, and then extended the black, steel-rending claw that was sheathed in its tip. With surgical precision, he poked the point of the claw into his forearm, drawing modicum of blood, which he then proceeded to use to sign his name in crimson.

Page after page, he flipped through, filling them all out in blood. With his well-practiced claw-quill, Mane's penmanship was surprisingly smooth and legible, characterized by large flamboyant loops and swirls. As he wrote and completed the forms, Mane hummed a happy song (see link in sig). As he got to the equipment requisition forms, Mane slowed down, taking his time to get it right, with the list compiling as follows:

Coalition Gear
  • CA-6 EX Body Armor
  • Grenades: 2 Fragmentation, 2 Flash/Bang
  • Sidearm: C-5 Pump Pistol with 4 speed loaders
  • Non-lethal Option: Electro Stun-Spear
  • Primary Weapon: CTT-P40 (though the CTT-R60 would be better :P )

Mercenary Gear
  • Thunder Hound power armor (electric/battery powered is acceptable for budgetary reasons)
  • NG Titan Juicer body armor
  • Grenades: 2 Fragmentation, 2 Flash/Bang
  • Sidearm: NG-45LP Pistol (and the return of own Q1-02 Stopper ion pistol)
  • Primary Weapon: Bandit 5050 'Papa Bear' Big Bore and a shit-load of shells!
  • Anti-Supernatural Weapon: 2 Silver-plated Vibro Knives

Cybernetic Implants
  • Commando Ear, but only if doctor can guarantee it doesn't diminish natural sensitive hearing
  • Silver plating on existing Vibro-Claws
  • New modular bionic eye (already have modular socket) -- A recon-based model with video recording capabilities and night vision

With that, Mane stopped jabbing his arm for blood/ink and signed the bottom of the request form. "And that should do it!"
Before turning in his homework, Mane blew on the sheet of paper to help dry the blood so it wouldn't smudge.

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:36 pm

((Rolls carried over again))

Egan scribbles some notes down, and then goes back and scribbles some more. -The night reaper is a exo-suit so technically I could wear it inside the Death Knight....that would be awesome.- Egan raises his hand a finger pointing up before he starts speaking. "Could I requisition two Night Reapers? both with some cosmetic changes? like one to look like a suit of Coalition Exo-armor and the other to look like the Naruni version? Would love to hide what the suit is from initial glances, and add a set of those claws that Sev had on both? Those were silver plated right?" -With those I could probably go toe to toe with Mane, he still would beat the suit at least in raw strength but I think I could give him a good run for his money.- Looking over at the big cat, Egan is not surprised when he sees that Mane is filling out his paperwork with blood. "And since the Night Reaper is actually just a really expensive exo-suit do you want me to fill out the body armor section? All I would really need is my stalker suit and maybe an armored flight suit or equivalent."

Looking over at fight club, Egan speaks to the tech. "Can't talk about it?" he first jokingly asks before moving to the real question. "Making those cosmetic changes wouldn't be too hard would they?" -I hope they don't try to force me to use substandard rifles....I'll buy some more JA-12's myself if need be.-
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby James Howlett » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:21 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Mane wrote:"What about Caesar? Has he been reassigned as well?"

James looks to Mane. "I do not know at the moment, they have not sent me any notifications as of yet." James says as he subconsciously checks his messages. It is a fair and honest question.

Egan Grey wrote:"Is that Jerry guy still part of the squad or did he get moved on as well?"

James looks to his scout sniper. "As far as I know, he is likely running late. Speak of the devil." James says as Jericho makes his way into the briefing room. "Thanks for making it."

Lyndon Jericho wrote:”Might end up with a bit of a wild list LT, so if anything is too far out there just axe it and let me know.”

James looks to Jericho and cocks his head slightly to the side. "I'm not sure who you are speaking to, but look at me." James makes the two finger gesture that represents looking at someone. "I am the Captain now, got me." James says before continuing. "I'd advise you all to stay within the list as they are going through Accounts Payable and they are worse than demons when riled." James says before looking at his computer once more.

Snoopy Toretto wrote:"I'd love a wild list Corporal, this one the Captain gave us is kind of boring."

The list was put forth by our superiors, I have nothing to do with it Lieutenant Torretto. Again I reiterate the issue with going outside the list. There is a chance they will grant your request, but more than likely they will shut it down and make you resubmit." James says without ever looking up from his screen.

Mane wrote: "And that should do it!" Before turning in his homework, Mane blew on the sheet of paper to help dry the blood so it wouldn't smudge.

James looks at the proffered form and sighs. "Private, we sign things in pen, not blood. I can not turn that in to Major Smith as is. Please redo it with the available writing utensils." James says as he shakes his head in exasperation.

Egan Grey wrote:"Could I requisition two Night Reapers? both with some cosmetic changes? like one to look like a suit of Coalition Exo-armor and the other to look like the Naruni version? Would love to hide what the suit is from initial glances, and add a set of those claws that Sev had on both? Those were silver plated right?"

James looks at Egan. "I find it unlikely on the two suits being available for just you Sergeant. As for the claws, they are not on the list, but nothing says you can not ask." James says.

Egan Grey wrote:"And since the Night Reaper is actually just a really expensive exo-suit do you want me to fill out the body armor section? All I would really need is my stalker suit and maybe an armored flight suit or equivalent."

"Yes Sergeant Grey, I want you to fill out the armor section. None of the selections are optional." James says, his irritation showing slightly. James stops paying attention to the troops and begins working on his own list. Quickly filling out the form with his choices and placing it in the folder next to him.
James Howlett
HP 30/30 SDC 51/51
Armor & Weapons/Ammo
Vibro-Knife
Medals
ImageImageImage
James Howlett
Group Leader

Postby Mane » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:38 am

{{Prior Rolls Carried Over}}

James Howlett wrote:James looks at the proffered form and sighs. "Private, we sign things in pen, not blood. I can not turn that in to Major Smith as is. Please redo it with the available writing utensils." James says as he shakes his head in exasperation..

Mane looked down at the requisition forms, then back up at Howlett with an expression of genuine concern. "But sir, ink is non-biodegradable! While the paper can be reclaimed by Mother Earth, the ink is a poison to the ecosphere! It contanminates the water table. Surely Major Smith will appreciate that."

Mane then added, unconsciously explaining where the peaceful killer's massive cognitive dissonance and plethora of contrary ideas in his jumbled mind were coming from, "It's like my therapist said, we answer to a higher calling. Not only as defenders of humanity, but also stewards of the Earth."

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Vecny » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:58 pm

New Orders. New Assignment.

Perception 1d100 = 51/28%
JIC 1d20 = 7 , 1d100 = 85

Vecny had just got his new Orders and Assignment right as he had finished graduation from Demon Hunter Advanced Training. Having grabbed a ride and direction to the briefing room, Vecny was running and moving fast. He was LATE.

Breathing hard and bumping into CS staff through out the hallways and corridors, Vecny finds the door. A wake of confusion and commotion follows behind him as various staffers lose control of their electronics as he unintentionally reaches out with his telemechanic ability.

Not even bothering to knock, he opens the door and bends over panting, grabbing his thighs. Through gasps of air, "PFC" *breath* "Soudce" *breath* "Vecny." *breath* Standing up, "Reporting to Captain Howlett." Pulling sealed orders from his pocket, he slides it across the table to the one figure that he sensed was the Captain. The orders navigate the cluttered table with suprising agility.

As he catches his breath, comes to full attention, and any psionics in the room fluxuate or are extinguished (magic and psionics). At least now he had full reign over his telemechanic ability again.

original version
Note: The CS NEVER has any spell effects going. Unless you consciously try to and spend the ISP, you won't affect technology, and then it's one at a time. If you had electrokinesis, that'd be different. Left the reference to tech in the original post though and explained it as unintentionally using your telemechanic ability.

Vecny had just got his new Orders and Assignment right as he had finished graduation from Demon Hunter Advanced Training. Having grabbed a ride and direction to the briefing room, Vecny was running and moving fast. He was LATE.

Breathing hard and bumping into CS staff through out the hallways and corridors, Vecny finds the door. A wake of confusion and commotion follows behind him as various stafferes lose control of their electronics and various spell effects dissipate and cease.

Not even bothering to knock, he opens the door and bends over panting, grabbing his thighs. Through gasps of air, "PFC" *breath* "Soudce" *breath* "Vecny." *breath* Standing up, "Reporting to Captain Hewlett." Pulling sealed orders from his pocket, he slides it across the table to the one figure that he sensed was the Captain. The orders navigate the cluttered table with suprising agility.

As he catches his breath and comes to full attention, the electronics, lights, and any magic or psionics in the room fluxuate or are extinguished (magic and psionics).
Vecny
"Is it possible to lose touch with your humanity. Sure it is, I am living proof. Machines are my life and family."

PFC Soudce Vecny

Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Egan Grey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:18 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Egan had a dangerous glint in his eye, a mischievous glint, a look that could change or even end careers, one that would have made Ford proud. As Egan opened his mouth to speak he felt it, at first it it felt like a cold probing touch, as the door opened and the new comer walked in it was like being slapped and enveloped in a cold, wet, and slimy cocoon. The open smile and laughter in his eyes was instantly gone, wiped away and replaced with a look of disgust and annoyance as Egan watched the new guy hand over some paperwork. -What the fuck is this guy?- Sitting back in his chair, Egan looks over at both Mane and Jericho to see how they are reacting to the presence if at all.

Gear Post wrote:Coalition Gear
CA-3 Light "Dead Boy" Armor /w modified arms(integrated neural mace gauntlet (left arm), Garrote cord in left wrist, Retractable forearm vibro-blade (right arm))
Grenade(s): 2 smoke / 2 Frag / 2 Plasma
CP-40 / C-5 (3 Speed loaders)

Power Armor: Death Knight

Mercenary Gear
NE-BA-30 Light Combat Armor /w built in light forcefield
Grenade(s): 2 smoke / 2 Frag / 2 Plasma
JA-12 / NG-45

Power Armor: NG-UELX45 Night Reaper (Scythe replaced with dual FIWS /w silver blades)

Cybernetics
Commando Ear Cybernetic Implant
SSG Egan Grey (1-8-2018)
Stats
Hp - 52/52
SDC - 66/66
ISP - 72/82
Current Penalties:

M.D.C. by Location:
Egan Grey
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mane » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Perception (28% bar): 1d100+10 = 28; +25% on IFF Check (60% bar)
JIC Rolls: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 66

Subconsciously knowing Howlett wasn't going to be thrilled with the hippy drivel that escaped his mouth, Mane braced for the worst. But then, most unexpectedly...

Vecny wrote:Not even bothering to knock, he opens the door and bends over panting, grabbing his thighs. Through gasps of air, "PFC" *breath* "Soudce" *breath* "Vecny." *breath* Standing up, "Reporting to Captain Howlett." Pulling sealed orders from his pocket, he slides it across the table to the one figure that he sensed was the Captain. The orders navigate the cluttered table with suprising agility.

GM Note via Chat wrote:... as a psychic you feel cold presence around Vecny, like the psionic force is being snuffed to death around him within 10 ft (i.e. the room), is should feel weird. Mechanically there is no big deal. As long as you don't use psionics you're fine. But RP wise, you should feel odd and kinda like DEATH .

Mane's spine stiffened as though a chill was running up hia spine and freezing every vertebrae along the way. The tingle began to tickel his brain in the old familiar way as a sense of death crept into the room.

As the strange new man approached the table, Mane's one fleshy eye began to twitch uncontrollably, and slowly he turned his head. Unconsciously his black claws began to slowly slip from his fingers, yearning to taste blood and loose the Beast. His old friend death had arrived and was curiously wondering where Mane had been for these many, many months.

"What ... The ... Fuck..." he softly said in his deep scratchy voice.

His long months of extensive therapy teetered on the balance, ready to give way at the slightest provocation. For a brief moment all his nature-loving, peace and life-loving ways were razed from his mind. For a second the hulking murder-cat wondered what the new man's blood would smell like pooling on the floor. Would the pool of blood cast his true reflection, unveiling the secrets of the dead?

Then just as quickly, Mane's long months of psychological readjustment reasserted itself, and instead of wanting to see if the Spectre of Death lurked in the man's eyes, he felt the need to give him big ol' hug.

"Welcome!!" Mane said to Vecny as he warmly and affectionately wrapped his arms around the new arrival. "I will be my honor to call you brother." As Mane's loving embrace threatened to smother Vecny, the big lion's partly extended claws retracted before they could cause any harm.

Egan Grey wrote:Sitting back in his chair, Egan looks over at both Mane and Jericho to see how they are reacting to the presence if at all.

Noticing Egan's stare, Mane loosened his hug on Vecny and asked, "Do you want in on some of this?"

Stats and Gear
Quick Stats:
MDC by Location:
Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup":
Munition Reserve:
Conditions:
  • None at this time
Mane
Ruby Level Patron
Ruby Level Patron

Postby Vecny » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Mane's swiftness had not set of Vecny's psychic alarms, but that embrace would have probably been more threatening for someone of bigger stature. Vecny grunted at Mane's welcome and could actually smell not only the feline part of Mane but also his psychic prowess. Detecting the psychic abilities made Vecny aware of the rest of his surroundings and his actions.

Vecny felt the push give back and realized that he had, in his haste, let his guard down. His nullifying field had been active since he had left the transport to find the debriefing room. Frustrated, Vecny focused on cutting the psychic flow to his inherent field. Attempting as well as he could to gain control of his physical body in order to control the rest of who he was.

Because of all the stretching and deep breathing it had been hard to get an exact set of details to any observer. When Vecny regained his composure and managed to step free of Mane, he stood up to his 5 foot 6 inches height, even in combat boots. His dark hair, somewhat curly, framed an olive skinned complexion face. Vecny's face had always had a young appearance to it and even flushed from the physical exertion, it did little to hide the teeanger's youthful looks. No scars or markings of any kind could be seen on his face or on th exposed skin on the backs of his hands. People most often thought he was skinny and very young, and most of his uniforms had to be custom made.

His dark grey jumpsuit was fairly non-descript with only the emblem of a CS helmet with a cog inside and what looks like a sunburst from behind the helmet on his left breast. "Even after six years, new environments and people, cause me to loose focus and control."
Vecny

PFC Soudce Vecny

Vecny
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Next

Return to CS Special Operations Group Adventure Forum