Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:53 am

((Rolls Carry Over))
When the craft steadies again, Murdoc finds that his cyberlink has pulled free, "Lechuza Bruja, did you take any damage? Everybody else okay?"


Jack thinks, “I hope all is ok with the plane. Wearing out the tire treads on my boots will be bad. Hum but it seems I can run for a lot longer I wonder if that is a gift?” Jack continues to listen to his friend Murdoc, trying to make sense out of this whole mess.

Murdoc first attempts to contact the Yellowfish and La Venta but he gets nothing aside from the strange SOS. "Its not us Jack. But its the only thing coming through. I'm getting no response from the Yellowfish or La Venta." He looks back over his shoulder as best he can to try and gauge the others expressions, but turns back to the radio regardless.

Murdoc calls out to the ships AI, "Lechuza Bruja, locate the source of that SOS, give me a range and time to intercept. Oh, and what should we call you? Lechuza Bruja seems a little formal." He throws a grin back to the others and he reaches out and keys the radio for a reply to the SOS, "Uh, This is Travis Murdoc aboard the Lechuza Bruja. We read your SOS. Can we offer any help?" Murdoc says a bit awkwardly as he combines his military training with some dialog from the old SciFi vids he watched as a kid.


Jack speaks up, “I hope they have radios instead of that SOS. That crap gets anoying, are there no other tunes? Hey we better get ready for anything. Aw! When things look at their bleakest that is when the flaming bat crap hits the fans, this might be a trap.”

He starts going through his gear. Weapons, armor, he has his shot gun and his Thompson with him. The machete is on his back. NeraTech Pn-50 is on his hip. Fighting knife Attach to the upper armor and a hunting knife on the side of his boot. In a backpack he has a 11 Hand Grenades, 16 Flares and several cans of dog food. "Wonder if I'm going to ever find a good dog. Or a good women? Hell there seems like there were plenty of them in La Venta but they were just partying types." "Maybe searching in all the wrong places?" Gems $2970 are carried inside the armor.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:21 am

[Rolls Held]

Murdoc looks over to Will, "Do what you can while I check out this SOS that's coming through. Mr. Kask, what do you make of this situation? Whatever it is, something odd has definitely happened. Feels like we're weightless. Which is something to say for me."

Murdoc goes back to scanning the controls and looking out at the vast nothing beyond the front viewport. He says over his shoulder to Jack, "Oh, I don't think you need to worry about walking out of here." He gives a sickly smile that no one else can see, unless they catch a reflection of it in the viewport. "Do worry, we'll take this nice and easy, unless the situation calls for something else." He gives a little chuckle, "Hell, when we get back to Merctown, I'll take you to buy a robot dog. They eat a bit less and can carry some better weapons." He pauses a he thinks back to the twins, Man, those La Venta party girls knew exactly what they were doing. Almost worth getting woken by that god. But crap that was a while back. Spent too much time in Pete's time hole healing up after my bio comp fucked up and he did this to me.

"As far as women go, there's plenty in Merctown. Whatever type your looking for." Murdoc chuckles again, "But lets focus on not getting dead right now."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Rifthold Space Hulk

Those is in the Lechuza Bruja eventually get their bearings. They find that they are in a zero-gravity environment but not open 'space as such, there are no stars. The sensors reveal that they are in a enormous mega structure thousands of miles in diameter. The SOS is automated and is transmitting from what would be considered the North Pole of the Spherical Object, the south Pole is occupied by an enormous ring of buoyed satelites encircling a periodically forming superrift, the super-structure is shell around the single-sided anomaly. The Mega-rift goes black then tears open in an explosion of energy nearly 8000 miles long on a cycle about 1+1d4 minutes off and 1d6x10 seconds on.

There is a clear docking mechanism at the North Pole site.


Atlantis, Ho?

The Max's feint draws the Splugorth ships from the line and gives the Yellowfish a hole to slip through. From that point it takes several hours for the Slaver Navy to realize their prey has slipped the net.

This allows the motley mariners aboard the Yellowfish to sail all the way to Atlantis free and clear while the Splugorth fleet swarms Mexico.

Very pleased so far, the Astari leader directs Max to steer the sub up the Grand waterway and take the landing team right up to within eyesight of the spires of Splynn!!!
Image

Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 15
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 90

Jack listens to, Murdoc,
Murdoc, "Oh, I don't think you need to worry about walking out of here." He gives a sickly smile that no one else can see, unless they catch a reflection of it in the viewport. "Do worry, we'll take this nice and easy, unless the situation calls for something else."


Jack repeats the phrase in his standard, “Nice and Easy, sounds good to me right about now. With my down under luck that I’ve been having, I bet we get the ‘Something Else’ Up the Flaming Wazoo! Maybe this is a big Wazoo!” as Jack looks out side again.

Murdoc
"Hell, when we get back to Merctown, I'll take you to buy a robot dog. They eat a bit less and can carry some better weapons."


Jack smiles a bit and tries to relieve the pressure that this situation has caused, and calm himself down too, “Robot dog be great, better than a Jesus Lizard. Had one of them as a pet once. Took it out to see it walk on water. Boy that thing could run across the water, Just like they said. It was so cool. then I realized it was on the other side of the creek and dashing into the woods. Bloody hell there went me birthday present.”

“Yea Jack was a bit on the dim-witted side when I was young. It wasn’t till my tenth birthday that I found out I wasn’t related to all the males on the ranch. I thought ‘Stupid’ was a family name. Ma called all us Stupid. Never told anyone about that. Hell, you guys who knows we all might be related through this Stupid guy or di ya belong to the ‘Idiot’ clan."

Jack listens as Lechuza Bruja and the others describes their position, then he responds. “Maybe it would be wise to head to that docking thing.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56/26%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 41
Conditions: None

SNAFU wrote:Atlantis, Ho?

The Max's feint draws the Splugorth ships from the line and gives the Yellowfish a hole to slip through. From that point it takes several hours for the Slaver Navy to realize their prey has slipped the net.

This allows the motley mariners aboard the Yellowfish to sail all the way to Atlantis free and clear while the Splugorth fleet swarms Mexico.

Very pleased so far, the Astari leader directs Max to steer the sub up the Grand waterway and take the landing team right up to within eyesight of the spires of Splynn!!!


Van Der Cleff is pleased with himself even if he had a rocky first outing. Professor Blake would be proud. Van thinks as he quietly pilots the sub for the next several hours. When the Astari make their request Van Der Cleff looks at them with mouth a bit agape. "So we had to flee the Splugorth to just drive right back to them.... Makes not a lick of sense, but lucky for you all, I'm not paid to figure out that kind of stuff. Are we docking with something or what? Van asks as he makes a few micro-corrections on the helm.

"The Yellowfish handles like a dream, far better than the prototype they trained me on. it was a smaller deathtrap of a sub, prone to leaking and false sonar reports. I must of bottomed her out more than a dozen times before I got a feel for her. Though to be honest I prefer sailing ships to submarines, they were my bread and butter for a few years plying my trade on the great lakes. But we all need a change of pace, so here we are and here I am." Van says to no one in particular, just feeling like making conversation.

Intention
Van intends on bringing the Sub to exactly where they want it, if being spotted isn't a big deal then he can run on the surface, if it is a big deal then he'llrun under water on silent mode for as long as it is possible.
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 30%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 94

CONDITIONS: John is at +1 foot throughout this trip and wearing his Naruni Helmet, faceplate up when around the Aztari.

In a Kettle of Fish


Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 38 / 45% to know what Splynn is.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 31 / 45% for any info on what the hell an Aztari is.


After the escape from the Splugorth fleet and the notification that they're going not to some hidden drop-point, but the freaking capital of Atlantis, John attempts to make some sense of the Aztari and what exactly is going on, including trying to sneak down to the hold in order to eavesdrop on them.

Prowl 1d100 = 27 / 63%
Dragonese or Gobblely 1d100 = 42 / 45%


John, clearly nervous, sidles over to Wakiza and lowers his voice, "Commander Shades - I don't know a lot about the Splugorth, but isn't Splynn like the capital? I kind of thought our deal with the sideshow crew was to drop them off somewhere private? Are they trying to use us to bomb something in exchange for just information? Can we even get away after something like that? I'll back the play, I know what it's like to be in a unit, I just want to know more about what we're actually DOING here..."

During the Journey


John also tries to find time to speak entirely privately with Wakiza. "Commander, I know I just joined up, but that old dragon guy with the dimension full of gold said something about us working for a lump of flesh, like it was some kind of vampire intelligence or something and it sounded like he was worried about us being compromised. You don't have to tell me anything, obviously, but I generally like to know whose orders I'm following and I'd appreciate candor. I did tell you about my abilities, after all, and you're the only one who knows that information other than the cats I whispered it to in the woods."

He also further introduces himself to Van and Mercedes.

To Mercedes, he reaches out a hand to shake/check for supernatural strength. "Glad to be working with you, though we didn't get a proper introduction back in party central. That's a beautiful sword. I used to be up in Kingsdale and saw a few like that in the elite units. I bet you're a real handful on the battlefield. Have you been with this outfit long? Is it a good place to be working?"

While Van is piloting is the wee hours, John comes to keep him company. "If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you from up north? I haven't seen a lot of people who can drive a submarine. Although I haven't been mercenarying long. Most of my background is land-locked and this can gives me the true chills. I hope we're not down here long. It's so... limiting."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

John Altfeld wrote:"If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you from up north? I haven't seen a lot of people who can drive a submarine. Although I haven't been mercenarying long. Most of my background is land-locked and this can gives me the true chills. I hope we're not down here long. It's so... limiting."


Van looks to John. I'm from Queenston Harbor, it's on Lake Erie. Oh to be honest I only recently learned how to pilot a sub, I was taking a break from privateering and was hired by a Professor Blake out of Lazlo University. He needed a submarine pilot and I was up for something new. Yeah being in the sub but not being in control can be frustrating, but it's no different then being in an APC and not being at the controls... just has some scarier consequences if we crash really." Van replies, hoping to have answered and eased the mans concerns, but likely having done neither.
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 50
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 7

for attempted zero G movement
Sense of Balance 115%=1d100 = 57
S.C.U.B.A. 40%=1d100 = 92


Murdoc chuckles, "Yeah, nice and easy always sounds good. Rarely is, but it does sound good." He looks out the viewport again at the super rift, "Okay, someone built this thing for a reason and that rift is enormous. By my count it open every few minutes for maybe a minute total. Do you think that's where we came through?"

When they spot the dock, Murdoc takes a deep breath and says, "Okay Lechuza Bruja, take us in toward that docking collar nice and slow, but hold off about 100 feet so we can get a closer look." He looks back and sees Jack in his homespun armor, "Lechuza Bruja, Is there any chance you have any enviro-armor on board or any kind of vacc suit?"

Giving Will a nod, Murdoc asks, "Any chance yours is enviro?" Though by the look on his face he's pretty sure its not, "Well, I hope there's good air in there. If not, I'll have to go by myself and my chances of taking it up the wazoo get much bigger."

Chuckling a little to himself when he realizes that he still has the Mahautl and Montezuma's Crown, he mutters, "Dammit, I meant to give these to the La Venta enders before we left Mexico. Oh well" He shrugs and keeps the native equipment on anyway.

"Okay, once we get a look at that docking port and get our gear settled, what I'd like is for Kask to stay here and keep the ship sealed up until we get back. The rest of us can take a look around. See where that SOS is coming from and try to figure out how to get back home. Seems pretty simple, it won't be though, so make sure you have your shit together when we stop to check out the docking port." He gives the other men a look that says, comment, concerns, questions?
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:59 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))
Van Der Cleff wrote:Van looks to John. I'm from Queenston Harbor, it's on Lake Erie. Oh to be honest I only recently learned how to pilot a sub, I was taking a break from privateering and was hired by a Professor Blake out of Lazlo University. He needed a submarine pilot and I was up for something new. Yeah being in the sub but not being in control can be frustrating, but it's no different then being in an APC and not being at the controls... just has some scarier consequences if we crash really." Van replies, hoping to have answered and eased the mans concerns, but likely having done neither.


John takes a long pause before responding. "Are you saying this is the second time you've piloted a submarine? Well, I guess worst case scenario we all get wet and lose the silver. Which would be unfortunate. I've heard of Lake Eerie, but never been up there. Is Lazlo the shining city on a hill everyone claims it is?" He looks around at the walls and the dials. "For what it's worth, I don't love APCs either, but at least you can get out if you need to."

Or outrun them...
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 57

Murdoc wrote:"Okay, someone built this thing for a reason and that rift is enormous. By my count it open every few minutes for maybe a minute total. Do you think that's where we came through?"

"Yeah, I'd reckon that we came through that rift. Our magic nukes probably opened up a rift connected to this super rift. Well, that spell was useless. Glad the ship got itself together. North then?"
Murdoc wrote:Giving Will a nod, Murdoc asks, "Any chance yours is enviro?" Though by the look on his face he's pretty sure its not, "Well, I hope there's good air in there. If not, I'll have to go by myself and my chances of taking it up the wazoo get much bigger."

"You know, I haven't taken this one underwater yet but I'm guessing not. It's got an enchantment that should help me out but I've got a spell for the three of you that'll at least keep you alive if there's bad air. Or no air. I'll wait until we dock. If things get hairier than that, I've got a nice trick up my sleeve from our buddy Pete. Kask, you good to stay here?" Will gets ready to dock with the ship by checking his gear again. Once the time is right, he will cast Breathe Without Air on the boarding party.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

John Altfeld wrote:John takes a long pause before responding. "Are you saying this is the second time you've piloted a submarine? Well, I guess worst case scenario we all get wet and lose the silver. Which would be unfortunate. I've heard of Lake Eerie, but never been up there. Is Lazlo the shining city on a hill everyone claims it is?" He looks around at the walls and the dials. "For what it's worth, I don't love APCs either, but at least you can get out if you need to."

Or outrun them...


"Oh no, I have months of training, I've piloted subs many times. It's just a skill I've only recently learned is what I was saying. Yeah, Lazlo's pretty shiny as they say, bit too civilized for me though." Van Der Cleff says before reaching over to fiddle with some dial. "Ive been born and raised on the water so to speak, above or below we'll make it through just fine."
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:33 am

ROLLS HELD

Van Der Cleff wrote:
"Oh no, I have months of training, I've piloted subs many times. It's just a skill I've only recently learned is what I was saying. Yeah, Lazlo's pretty shiny as they say, bit too civilized for me though." Van Der Cleff says before reaching over to fiddle with some dial. "Ive been born and raised on the water so to speak, above or below we'll make it through just fine."


John laughs, "Well that's good news - you had me worried for a second, there. I'm from Kingsdale originally, so all of this boats and oceans and whatnot is new to me. I don't know what to make of it, honestly. How can anyone spend a long time trapped underwater in one of these without going crazy? At least on top of the water you can get some air and look around."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 / 54% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 19

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible.

As they appraoch Splynn, "Whoa there this is more than close enough. We promised to take you to Atlantis, not commit suicide. This is insane. Van drop them off here." This is crazy, Hopefully I will be back here to level this place sometime in the future, but that time isn't now.

John Altfeld wrote: John, clearly nervous, sidles over to Wakiza and lowers his voice, "Commander Shades - I don't know a lot about the Splugorth, but isn't Splynn like the capital? I kind of thought our deal with the sideshow crew was to drop them off somewhere private? Are they trying to use us to bomb something in exchange for just information? Can we even get away after something like that? I'll back the play, I know what it's like to be in a unit, I just want to know more about what we're actually DOING here..."


Wak nods, "Agreed this is crazy, we never agreed to get this close."

John Altfeld wrote:John also tries to find time to speak entirely privately with Wakiza. "Commander, I know I just joined up, but that old dragon guy with the dimension full of gold said something about us working for a lump of flesh, like it was some kind of vampire intelligence or something and it sounded like he was worried about us being compromised. You don't have to tell me anything, obviously, but I generally like to know whose orders I'm following and I'd appreciate candor. I did tell you about my abilities, after all, and you're the only one who knows that information other than the cats I whispered it to in the woods."


Wak smiles, "That arrogant prick, it definitely isn't a vamp or vamp related anything. I have a private, confidential employer who is willing to pay us top cred for dangerous missions. The best part is the missions always harm the ruler of that city up there." He gestures at Splynn. "That interests me. I don't trust that employer, that arrogant prick mage or pretty much anyone anymore other than Will and Murdoc. So I accept the jobs that will hurt Splynncryth, as long as my team gets paid well and the jobs aren't too insane.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mercedes » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 97
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 59/80%

Mercedes looks at John's hand rather haughtily and shakes it reluctantly. "Mm...a pleasure, sir." She considers John's other inquiries with a forced smile, answering, "I have been with them longer than most. A good place? To be insulted and ignored, certainly!"

"We are FAR too close already!", Mercedes exclaims upon the full realization of the situation. "We must depart post-haste!"
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:22 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

Jack Listens to William about the techno of the rift. "Yea, don't know much except it drops you to strange places and causes troubles. Never heard it dropping you in a place where there is nothing but beautiful women and plenty of whiskey and food." "Suits another thing. I need to get a good suit, one that is full on closed off to harsh environments."
Jack speaks to the other about the His suit, “Yea, my suit isn't a full protection suit but I have some oxygen, now if there is air in there. I'll be good, as a kola up a eucalyptus tree. It is the cold that might zap me, I can put on the heat and I be smiling Like a croc with a full belly, if ya, catch me drift. So, any extra be much appreciated.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:56 pm

Yellow-fish, So It's Not Just a Clever Name

Conversations happens as intended.


After a rocky start, Maximilian has settled into piloting the Yellowfish like an old-hand. Regarding the necessity of stealth, GEE informs Van Der Cleff in a casual aside that it's pretty damn likely that every Splugorth minion on planet Earth is looking for a very fast, very yellow submarine at the moment. After hearing that, Max decides to use the sub's long-range sensors to get some idea about the activity around the landmass.

He is about to follow through on the Aztari directions when several Roughnecks, including the CO, himself balk at sailing right up to Splynncryth's palace so to speak. Wisely, Max waits for clarification.

Wak wrote:"Whoa there this is more than close enough. We promised to take you to Atlantis, not commit suicide. This is insane. Van drop them off here."


"So it's not just the sub that's yellow," one of the subordinate Aztari says under his breath and his friends snicker in response.

"Well shit amigo, I don't recall negotiating exactly where the drop-off was or was not going to be. Surely you didn't expect to dump us just anywhere? You might as well drop us off at the bottom of the sea as a random beach on Atlantis.... Damn, I thought we had hired the one team that could get us there." The Aztari leader mulls over his options. "Fine, we'll need to surface so I can communicate with my people, but there is a secondary landing we can use."

Image

John recalls the basic info available to North Americans regarding Splynn. He is quite certain he's never heard of an Aztari.

OOC Note: In fact, before the current holiday festival no one in La Venta had heard of them either. They had shown up on the eve of the holiday claiming (the human element anyway) to be descended from a long-lost splinter group of the Aztec (a relationship akin to that of the true Atlanteans and the ancient Greeks). Whatever their anthropological bonafides had been, they were convincing enough for the Los Ventanos and the rest, as they say, is history.


When he makes a slow pass by the hold hoping to overhear something enlightening, John is able to determine that when conversing among themselves the Aztari do not speak Gobbley or Dragonese, and based on his experiences in La Venta they aren't speaking Spanish or Huatec either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Space Oddities

Conversations happens as intended. Kask agrees to stay behind and hold the fort.

The L.B. manages to lock itself into the docking-bay however the automated systems on the other (station) side do not engage and it might take some effort to get the station's airlocks to open.

You are able to scrounge two Light EVA Suits and two Adjustable Oxygen-Supply Attachments from the L.B., it is not clear what the air situation on the station is.

Through a viewport you can see a manual override lever for the doors; it's 10 feet away on the opposite side of the lock. Beyond the Airlock the station is dark except for the rhythmic flashing of bright, red emergency lighting.


[2] Light EVA Suit
This is a non-restrictive, lightweight body suit that nonetheless provides its wearer with decent protection. The suit is made of multiple layers of a polymer weave fabric reinforced in vital areas by semi-rigid composite ceramic plates. It is not meant as a front-line armor suit, but designed for short-term exposure to vacuum and void.
Weight: 11 lbs.
Mobility: Unrestricted (no penalties).
M.D.C. by Location:
--Helmet: 10
--Arms: 5 each
--Legs: 10 each
--Main Body: 20
Features: The helmet normally ties-in to a craft's life support system for sustained operations. In the event of an emergency, the suit has been equipped with 6 hours of oxygen reserves. Can be worn over light to medium non-EBA.


Code: Select all
[b]Light EVA Suit[/b]
[size=85]This is a non-restrictive, lightweight body suit that nonetheless provides its wearer with decent protection. The suit is made of multiple layers of a polymer weave fabric reinforced in vital areas by semi-rigid composite ceramic plates. It is not meant as a front-line armor suit, but designed for short-term exposure to vacuum and void.
Weight: 11 lbs.
Mobility: Unrestricted (no penalties).
[u]M.D.C. by Location:[/u]
--Helmet: 10
--Arms: 5 each
--Legs: 10 each
--Main Body: 20
Features:  The helmet normally ties-in to a craft's life support system for sustained operations. In the event of an emergency, the suit has been equipped with 6 hours of oxygen reserves.  Can be worn over light to medium non-EBA.[/size]


[2] Adjustable Oxygen-Supply Attachment
This adaptable attachment can be connected to a standard EBA, either tying-in to a craft's life support system or providing 6 hours of oxygen reserves.
Stats:
Weight: 5 lbs
M.D.C.: 10


Code: Select all
[b]Adjustable Oxygen-Supply Attachment[/b]
[size=85]This adaptable attachment can be connected to a standard EBA, either tying-in to  a craft's life support system or providing 6 hours of oxygen reserves. 
[u]Stats:[/u]
Weight: 5 lbs
M.D.C.: 10  [/size]
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14
39% 1d100 = 72
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 67

Jack is glad he can find something to wear, he puts on the light EVA suit over his own armor. He takes extra oxygen bottles because he is not sure how bad it will be once on board.
"Yea, take the extra oxygen bottles who knows when they will come in handy."

When it comes to the Air Lock, If he can see the lever he can use telekinesis to operate the lever. "let me see if I can move the lever and open the door."
ISP for telekinesis

He then steps in and waits for the others before he closes the door behind him and opens the other door. Once thru the double doors he will close the second door. "How can we tell if the air is good in here?"
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 54 /36%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 20

More Like the Ass-tari


When John hears the 'passengers' snickering under their breaths, he thinks, "I'd like to meet these jokers outside of the sub after our contract and hear them say that again..."

To Mercedes
"What do you mean about being ignored and insulted? Everyone's seemed friendly so far - is there something I should know?"

To Wakiza
To finish out their previous conversation: "That's comforting to hear. I wouldn't want to be accidentally selling out the planet for a handful of credits. And I don't mind danger."

To the Whole Roughnecks Team
John waits until the Aztari are all in the hold and he can speak safely. He opens with, "I tried listening in on our cargo and they're not speaking any language I recognize or anything we heard in La Venta, unfortunately." Then he gestures to the map display. "According to that map, our new landing place is just a bit north of some city name of Dragcona, I'm guessing dragons, and only about 500 miles from Splynn straight down a ley line. If we need to take on supplies, I don't mind handling it, though I'd appreciate someone to watch my back, or everyone if you're up for it. You can't get lost on a ley line and I could make a trip there and back in a day if it came down to it. The Splugorth are supposed to be big slavers and traders who hang out with monsters. I can look like a monster pretty well, so it should be safe enough." He pauses and nods to Van, "I don't think we've heard from the other half of the team, either. Do you all have a method for meeting up again if you're separated, or do we need to give them time to get in touch. Radios can be finicky."

And I hope Jack's okay - it'd be tragic to escape Tampico just for him to get blown up in the vamp bombing.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38 / 57% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 63

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible.

SNAFU wrote: "So it's not just the sub that's yellow," one of the subordinate Aztari says under his breath and his friends snicker in response.

Wak's hand subconsciously slides to Derilian as he feels he anger multiplied by this man's disrespect. He still doesn't fully understand where his temper is coming as he had never before been this quick to anger by childish insults. He looks at the man who made the comment and then to their leader, "So you brought children along on this little adventure. Probably not very smart. We are being hunted by these monsters for more than what just happened back there. Unfortunately that little exercise may have conformed, in some minds, our involvement in an altercation that happened before we got to Mexico. So pulling into the capital, may not be the wisest move, for any of us." Wak thinks to his Mask, Hey Spirit Mask of Aj Q'uq'umatz, tell me everything you know about the Aztari.
SNAFU wrote: "Well shit amigo, I don't recall negotiating exactly where the drop-off was or was not going to be. Surely you didn't expect to dump us just anywhere? You might as well drop us off at the bottom of the sea as a random beach on Atlantis.... Damn, I thought we had hired the one team that could get us there." The Aztari leader mulls over his options. "Fine, we'll need to surface so I can communicate with my people, but there is a secondary landing we can use."

Wak nods, "Hey Van Der Cleff, take us to that secondary location. Keep us as stealthy as you can. Deploy a radio array for our guests." To the leader of the Aztari, "I assume you have a secure frequency?" Wak looks at Gee, "How is our new pilot doing Gee?"

Wak nods to John, "I don't think we will be heading into town while we are here. We have plenty of provisions on board. Don't worry about our other team, Murdoc and Will can keep them safe. Once we are away from here we will try them on comms."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 43

Conditions
PPE: 171/171

Noticing that there are only two suits, Will says "Well, this is certainly foreboding. Armatura kozmike!" (-23 PPE) And with that, Will is covered head to toe in a shining silvery-blue magical EBA.
Cosmic Armor
Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/350 MDC
  • 140/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.

"Once that door is open, we're going to need to figure out what this place is and how we can get out of it. I can provide some light, let's make sure we stick together and find some sort of control center."
Jack Killian wrote:"How can we tell if the air is good in here?"

"I'm not planning on finding out. Let's just stick to our suits and maybe the station we're docked in might have some information for us." If this is even a station. Where the hell are we? Once they're in to the blinking red light area, Will says "Egunez Bola!" (-1 PPE) and a Globe of Daylight appears next to him.
Globe of Daylight
Globe of Daylight:
  • 42/42 minutes
  • 168 foot area of light.
  • Wards off Vampires and other undead/demons who fear or are hurt by sunlight.
  • Can be sent up to 60 feet away.

"Murdoc, you got anything to add to the plan?" After Murdoc chimes in and the door has been opened, Will lights the way for the group to head forward. Paying close attention to his surroundings to remember the way back, he floats in his magic EBA with the group.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 47

for attempted zero G movement
Sense of Balance 115%=1d100 = 17
S.C.U.B.A. 40%=1d100 = 93


Murdoc nods to Jack and Will, "You guys take the suits. My armor will seal up and I've got an extra hour of air stored in my personal reserve. He gives them both a grin as he hints at another feature of his new cyber capabilities.

Looking through the viewport as the other suit up, Murdoc says, "Yeah, the red flashing emergency light don't really inspire any confidence that we fell into a good situation."

When everyone is ready and in the LB's airlock, Murdoc says, Lechuza Bruja, go ahead and cycle your airlock but don't leave until we come back. He nods to Jack to do his TK voodoo and pull the stations manual override lever. Clicking on his comms, he says, "Yeah, stay on your suit's air until there's no other choice. Stick together and find the control room. That about sums it up."

Once the airlock doors open, Murdoc steps through. "Lechuza Bruja, Kask. Keep it sealed up until we get back. We'll try and stay in contact but there's no telling how well our radios will work in here."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72/26%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 86
Conditions: None.

Van Der Cleff sits at his helm position and ponders the map and the sensor readings. Go west and hit the demon sea and cut north and likely be safe if nothing eats us in the demon sea. Or cut eastward maneuver the straights near the north eastern tip of the island and swoop around to the destination. Tricky driving, less likely to be eaten by the sea. "Aye, east it is." Van says to no one in particular as he brings the Yellowfin about and begins moving towards the eastern coast of Atlantis. "Captain, we're going to cut up the eastern shoreline, relatively speaking, keeping out of sight of those sensor hotspots, and maneuver through the small island chain in the north eastern corner, before heading west again and to our target landing zone. Unless you want me to take the submarine through the Bermuda Triangle... Then well we could do that I guess. I'll be running us as deep as I can until the islands, there I'll have to make a shallow approach before going back to much the same." Van says to Wakiza. Now we see what he thinks.
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Rolls as above

Van Der Cleff wrote: "Aye, east it is." Van says to no one in particular as he brings the Yellowfin about and begins moving towards the eastern coast of Atlantis. "Captain, we're going to cut up the eastern shoreline, relatively speaking, keeping out of sight of those sensor hotspots, and maneuver through the small island chain in the north eastern corner, before heading west again and to our target landing zone. Unless you want me to take the submarine through the Bermuda Triangle... Then well we could do that I guess. I'll be running us as deep as I can until the islands, there I'll have to make a shallow approach before going back to much the same." Van says to Wakiza. Now we see what he thinks.


Wak nods to Van, "East it is then. Keep us as safe as you can. John, keep an eye on those fools," as he gestures to where the Azidiots went. "Gee would you sense if our guests tried to do anything to the ship?" What the spirits, serious Splynn of all places? Not a good place for humans at all.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mercedes » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 10;JIC d100: 1d100 = 37
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 48/80%

"Hmmph!", Mercedes raises her nose at John and slinks over near Wak. Typical boys' club! I bet they're plotting my demise even now. They never let me kill anyone fun, anyway!

The implication of the group being 'yellow' is confusing to Mercedes at first, but reading the faces of her fellow Roughnecks confirms that it was meant as an insult. "How rude, let alone perilous, to question the bravery of a group of heavily armed mercenaries."
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Welcome to Atlantis
The radio array is deployed and the Aztari send the coded message on their secure channel. Van Der Cleff charts a course that threads the needle avoiding the sensor hotspots and the sub pulls up to the landing in just a few hours.
Image
    Atlantis Facts
    The landing is under the shadow of Mount Doom: (29,533 feet/9001.65 m; treacherous) in the Kii-Kyl (a range of northern mountains where Mount Doom is located). Mount Doom actually has cliff facings that look like a distorted face from a distance. Except for the Haunted Valley, vegetation in this area is sparse, and what is present is scraggly and sickly looking.

Wakiza wrote: Hey Spirit Mask of Aj Q'uq'umatz, tell me everything you know about the Aztari.
For our people, the First Apocalypse was the arrival of the Spanish. During that time of upheaval an entire community went missing, we called them the Lost Tribe. They left no trace and subsequently many important holy relics were lost.

The Aztari arrived several weeks ago claiming descendance from this lost tribe. They had been wandering the megaverse searching for a way to get home and have finally made it back. They then returned the relics and after a counsel with the elders at La Venta were accepted as The People, one of us, so to speak.


Wakiza wrote:Wak looks at Gee, "How is our new pilot doing Gee?"


"Terrible, but at least he's a proper pirate, landlubber."

Wakiza wrote:"Gee would you sense if our guests tried to do anything to the ship?"

"Aye, and they have, just a telemechanical probe, they didn't see nothing, gave 'em the boot right quick.
Image
Upon actual landfall the realize the cove is home to a shantytown of human refugees. During unloading many of the terrified and starving townsfolk plead to be taken away. They have nothing to trade for their passage. There is no way to take all of them, the sub would fit about 10% of the people clamoring to board. A crowd of hundreds forms around the sub. Meanwhile the Aztari and their cargo have passed practically unnoticed and are making their way to the base of Mount Doom.
Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spacemen Spiffs
Image
Lechuza Bruja does as requested while Kask gives the thumbs up sign as he dons the spare suit. Jack opens the door using his mind powers and they gain access to the station. It turns out to be a large facility but almost devoid of helpful information. Occasionally they see plaques like this:
Image
Travel is painful for those of you without magic enhancement and are accustomed to zero-g movement, Murdoc uses his SCUBA skills to only humorous effect. Finally they come to something that looks like a control station. Unfortunately they see that is is covered in blood. And also in Russian.
Image

Whatchado?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 71

Conditions
PPE: 147/171
Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/350 MDC
  • 138/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Globe of Daylight:
  • 40/42 minutes
  • 168 foot area of light.
  • Wards off Vampires and other undead/demons who fear or are hurt by sunlight.
  • Can be sent up to 60 feet away.


Glad I brought the light with me. This place gives me the creeps. Will floats along with his teammates as they make their way through the facility, making sure to shine light into every corner of the place before moving on.

When they reach the control room, Will's light floods over the bloody mess that lies ahead of them. Like the rest of his team, he is no stranger to blood but this scene doesn't bode well for their journey. "Keep your eyes open you two. Whatever did this may very well still be aboard this. One of you want to see what these panels do?" Will, not a computer guy, stands guard as one of the others checks out the control room. "See if there's a map? Or maybe a log or a mission statement somewhere? Do either of you know what this language is? I've got a feature, a spell if you will, in my armor that could check it out. But it's a costly one. If you know something, that'd be better."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 53

Language: Euro 88%=1d100 = 23 Pass
Computer Operation 70%=1d100 = 6 Pass
Read Sensory Equipment 55%=1d100 = 97 Fail

Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 76 Fail
Detect Concealment 50%=1d100 = 23 Pass
Trap / Mine Detection 60%=1d100 = 67 Fail

for attempted zero G movement
-Sense of Balance 115%=1d100 = 24 Pass
-S.C.U.B.A. 40%=1d100 = 47 Fail


Conditions: Force Field MDC 75/75


Murdoc looks at the blood covered controls and tries to make sense of the writing. As he does so, he flicks on his armor's force field, just in case. Through his suit's radio, Murdoc says to the other two explorers, "Yeah, blood covered anything usually isn't a good sign. Unless its your girlfriends time of the month. Then you're in the clear for a bit longer." He grins awkwardly through the faceplate of his armor, he usually isn't this crass, but he's trying to cover up for the unknown of this weird place.

Murdoc searches the computer panels for anything that looks like a microphone button, Maybe I can give it a voice command to switch to American or Spanish. "Well most systems usually have a few buttons that are labeled with a symbol or picture. Hell, even if its just the typical play arrow, we might find something that'll help. I could pop my helmet and try to plug my cyberlink into the system. Not sure what that will get me though. Its not really meant to operate that way. It's more like a keyboard or control stick bypass on vehicles."

Murdoc also keeps his eyes open for any possible hazards that might be waiting for them in the control room. "Nobody wander off to far. With the size of this place, we sure don't need to split up. We may never find each other again and I don't wanna get lost in here."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:30 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 25
JIC d20: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 61

Jack sees weightlessness as swinging in a revolving fish tank, no Matter what way he thinks he is going some one moves the tank in a differnt direction

Maintain Balance 68% 1d100 = 17

He eventually understands the short moves are the best. He uses his TK ability to help the others get to where they want. “Hey Murdock and William I can push you using my TK, but unfortunately it doesn’t help me.” He eventually comes up with another idea. He will grab one of their legs and then push that one to where he wants to go. He also tries lighting just a finger to see if there is oxgen in the place. If it works he ries using his ability to use just his palms to cause flames to move him.

In the control room Jack is out of his league here, no boomerang, no steering wheel or gas pedal. But the shock of all the blood all over everything is terrible. “If there is all this blood where are the bodies?”

Murdoc searches the computer panels for anything that looks like a microphone button, Maybe I can give it a voice command to switch to American or Spanish. "Well most systems usually have a few buttons that are labeled with a symbol or picture. Hell, even if its just the typical play arrow, we might find something that'll help. I could pop my helmet and try to plug my cyberlink into the system. Not sure what that will get me though. Its not really meant to operate that way. It's more like a keyboard or control stick bypass on vehicles."


Jack states quickly, “Before ya do that Will’s spell might be advisable.”

He also realizes, “Something carried the bodies away so that or those things are still here. Guards up Mate. If ya find the computer memory we might be able to take it to the Aztari , he might be able to do a few things with it."
Jack puts up his force field. And starts looking around for some maps clues and weapons, “Did they try to defend themselves?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Mini Update!
They manage to get a translated map of the station.
Map


The Spacemen 3 can see marks of blaster fire in the ceiling suggesting at least a limited defensive effort.

Also the blood is and the ground and controls suggesting that there was gravity when the attack occurred.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:02 pm

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 87
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 58
The Spacemen 3 can see marks of blaster fire in the ceiling suggesting at least a limited defensive effort..


Jack looks up at the ceiling and sees the blaster fire. He looks around at the walls. Then speaks up, “They shot at the ceiling. The shots did not hit the wall? Something must have climbed the ceilings?” Jack pauses again, and then continues, “But the blood is on the ground. Not up to the ceiling.”

Jack bends over to see if the blood is fresh, and if how long ago this happened. He doesn’t touch it with any of his stuff but finds something to poke at it. “Interesting.”
Wilderness: Wilderness Survival 63% 1d100 = 26
He then looks over at the console. "Hey you got a map?” Jack looks at the map and wonders where to go next. “Set your radios to scan for freqs they might pick up some chatter. We need to see if there is anyone to rescue here.”

Jack Looks at the map, “Murdoc Go Up? Looks like the big wigs are up there and there is a security station. Maybe they have more weapons, armor and clips?”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 36%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 38

Conditions: John is at +1 feet initially

John looks out at the shanty-town, saddened by the stupid cruelty of the Splugorth. So many people starving, unhappy, and lacking guidance. They could use the assistance of a god. And how did THIS many people get here in the first place? The Splugorth must not care much about their property. These people could be the foundation of a new nation or something more powerful, with the right guidance... I don't know how we can help right now, but hopefully we can help them by getting word to the right people or after this mission is over.

Looking up at Mt. Doom, John sees only a challenge and caves that might hide something of interest.

To Wakiza - "Permisson to take two, maybe three hours, while the Jerk-Tari are unloading. Or after. Whatever."

Conditions: John is in pebble form and at the height that is most useful to him in climbing. Where necessary, he punches hand-holds in the rock.

John then climbs Mt. Doom and looks in the eyeball-holes, mouth-holes, etc.

Climb: 1d100 = 94 / 60%
Last edited by John Altfeld on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 15

Conditions
PPE: 147/171
Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/350 MDC
  • 138/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Globe of Daylight:
  • 40/42 minutes
  • 168 foot area of light.
  • Wards off Vampires and other undead/demons who fear or are hurt by sunlight.
  • Can be sent up to 60 feet away.


"Security Officer section makes sense. If there's anyone left here, maybe they're holed up in there. We can check out the Homing Beacon on the other side as well. Maybe that will give us some insight as to what's happening." Will follows Murdoc to whatever section of the station he decides upon, shedding light to guide the way.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 18 1d100 = 47

Language: Euro 88%=1d100 = 35 Pass

Detect Ambush 70%=1d100 = 90 Fail
Detect Concealment 50%=1d100 = 33 Pass
Trap / Mine Detection 60%=1d100 = 30 Pass

for attempted zero G movement
-Sense of Balance 115%=1d100 = 76 Pass
-S.C.U.B.A. 40%=1d100 = 93 Fail


Murdoc nods to Jack, "Hard to say. Those marks on the ceiling could just be wild shots. But by the looks of it there was at least some gravity when this mess went down."

He lets out a long sigh over their comms, and says as he looks over the station map, "Well, its not much to go on but its something. Unless we want to just go back to the ship and try the rift, it looks like we go up. I'm thinking we check the sick bay, then the security office after that the bridge." He looks at the other men to see if they agree, then he says, "I say we stick to the stairs. Though the lift shaft could be quicker. It won't have as much cover and could be blocked. By the looks of the map those lift cars don't work like a traditional elevator. Could be a bunch of them jammed up at any point." He furrows his brows a bit as a thought hits him, "Just to be clear, our only goal here is to figure out how to get home. Right? Whatever else we find out here is secondary."

If agreed, Murdoc will lead the other to the stairwell and start them on their trek up the space(rift) station.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95/26%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 67
Conditions: None.

Once Van has the sub moored, he relaxes, it's obvious in the slump of his shoulders. "Well that went smoothly, I hope they don't take forever to unload, as I do not want to be here if the Sploog's show up" Van says before drawing on of his flintlock pistols and twirling it about on his finger. When John asks for permission to go onto land, Van snorts. That dude is crazy. van says while looking at the various camera feeds on the ship. "Quite a crowd gathered on the dock. I'm assuming we won't be taking on passengers at this time?" Van asks as a half question half commentary.
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:04 pm

After Murdoc gives his ideas, Jack looks at the other two and smiles, “Yep maybe we can find the controls for the rift machine and set the coordinates back to our time, dimension and space. This is a big piece of tech, should be lots to salvage from here if we can. If not, we got to make sure can get out of here and save as many as possible, if there are any living on board.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:10 am

[Rolls Held]

Murdoc nods to Jack, "If this is a machine and not some sort of..er, natural phenomenon. The rest of that all sounds good to, but I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves. Right now we need information, and the only things we do know are; One. This is a big piece of complicated tech. Two." He counts off the points on his fingers as he continues to talk, "We can't really read the language. And three. Something is fucked up here." He gives an understated grin.

Murdoc nods back to the stairway/hall, I hate this zero gee shit. I'm not trained for it, even with all the skills Pete stuffed into my head when he fixed me up. "Up we go."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:39 pm

((Rolls carry over))
Jack responds to Murdock, "Use small Jumps, 50 feet or so, that way I can help guid you." As the others push up Jack guides them and steadies there glide using TK. He makes sure they get to a place where they can get a hold.
OOC Comments
Not Sure how TK works in Zero gravity but the use of ISP should be less and TK: Range: Up to 60 feet (18.3 m) away. Duration: 12 minutes Using 10 ISP

He keeps his shotgun slung, suspecting that in zero grave there would be a reaction if he fires it.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 57% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 86

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible.

Wak just laughs at Gee's responses, "Thanks for shutting down there probe."

Wak just nods to John, "Sure, just understand we are leaving when they are off the ship." As John just ignore the refugees when he walks off, Damn that guy is cold as ice. But that is good to know.

Wak frowns to Van as he pulls out his JA-12 Laser Rifle for intimidation value, "You are right we are not here on a rescue mission and we don't have room, besides the next place we are going in Columbia is having Vamp problems themselves, so even if we just took the kids we are taking them somewhere else dangerous." Wak is trying to ID a lone asshole, just in case he needs to shoot one to get the crowd to back off. This sucks. "Van do you think we should take some kids anyway? Worse comes to worse we could just keep them with us till we get back to Merctown. Better we drop them at a local town. We can't tell their parents where we will take them, in case they are captured. I don't know, hate leaving kids in this situation."

To the crowd, he points his rifle, and says "Stay Back."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mercedes » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 11;JIC d100: 1d100 = 9
Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100 = 7/80%

"Peasants!", Mercedes looks down her nose at the unwashed masses clamoring to board the sub. If they get too close, she pops off a Blinding Flash or ten. It would hardly be sporting to hurt them, but if they leave me no choice, what can I do?, she thinks with an evil grin.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:48 am

((Rolls Held Over))

Wakiza wrote:"You are right we are not here on a rescue mission and we don't have room, besides the next place we are going in Columbia is having Vamp problems themselves, so even if we just took the kids we are taking them somewhere else dangerous."


Van looks to the man with the rifle. Van's face is easy to read, he's conflicted. "I'll be honest boss, I don't know anything about where we're going, but if they have a Vampire problem then it's dangerous. And taking children from one dangerous spot to another just seems pointless and cruel."

Wakiza wrote:"Van do you think we should take some kids anyway? Worse comes to worse we could just keep them with us till we get back to Merctown. Better we drop them at a local town. We can't tell their parents where we will take them, in case they are captured. I don't know, hate leaving kids in this situation."


Van again looks conflicted. We could just be consigning them to another kind of death. How could we know if we'll find anyone to care for them wherever we decide to drop them. I think it may be kinder to leave them here with their families." Van says as he works through the problem in his head.

OOC Comments
I actually had to look up my alignment on this one and was inspired by the complications it would have.
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mercedes » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:41 am

((rolls held))

"I am certain your bleeding Cyber-knight heart is just torn apart by this situation, is it not, Wakiza?", Mercedes taunts her leader cruelly.

"Should we not just gun them all down? That would be the most merciful thing.", she suggests, slithering up to Wak and sadistically aiming her Wilk's pistols at the crowd.
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:32 am

Because It's There: The John Atfield Story
Image
Not receiving a negative per se, John decides to explore the nearby geographical oddity of Mount Doom while he has the chance. Not wanting to delay his comrades any more than necessary John decides that size and speed trump caution and prudence. Enlarging himself to a comfortable mountain-climbing size, he charges up the hill.

Keeper of the Peak
As he approaches the odd cave patterns making the 'face' of Mount Doom John realizes there are signs of inhabitation here. A large fire-pit with bones of a plethora of nameless creature surrounding it still contains the embers of a dying fire. From the inside of the closest cage John hears a bellow of rage,
"Who disturbs the Keeper of the Peak! Who has chosen to die today!?
Image
An enormous humanoid emerges from the darkness, his form is misshapen and grotesque, reminding John of the stories he's heard of Splugorth bio-magic monstrosities. Interestingly, John notes, the Keeper's stature increases as he exits the cave and he grows from 12' to 22' in an instant! In his hands is an enormous sword, engraved in glowing runes, amazingly, the sword grows too!

[COMBAT or RUNAWAY!]
-------------------------------------------------------------
Van der Cleff Goes to Town
Image
While the crowd stalls the decision making process, and Atfield has wandered off as well, Van can't help but spot the best part of any shitty, seaside town: the dock tavern.
Image
Since it has the welcoming (at least to him) universally recognized flag of piracy practitioners above it, Van figures it may be a prime spot to pick up some intel and hear about conditions in the surrounding waters.
Nice Stuff, I Think I'll Take It
Image
The bar is disappointing as most of its clientele are either passed-out or dead. One patron can't help but attract his eye, both because she's moving and a strikingly attractive humanoid lady. She looks him up and down, her eyes lingering on his fancy pistols.
Image
"Hey there, big boy. You look like you could use some company, wanna spend some time with me?"
Her tone and words are sweet but Van der Cleff's Sixth Sense tells him that she will be attacking him in the next few seconds.
[COMBAT or RUNAWAY!]
----------------------------------------------------------------
The Submarine and the Unusually Friendly Whale
While all the commotion is going on, Wak, with no help from Mercedes, tries to identify some sort of leadership within the mob. None presents itself as the crowd reveals itself to be made up of disparate strangers for the most part, not even a common language to unify them.
Image
From inside the sub, GEE exclaims, "What the hell? We seem to have an amorous whale sidling up to us... What's it's deal? Oh wait, that's not a whale."
Image
The Atlantean Underground
The Whale as it turns out, is a cleverly disguised submarine, similar in concept to the robot dinosaurs employed by the Black Market. A man emerges from the vessel and approaches Wakiza and Mercedes.
Image
"Greetings. I am Ephraim Tarkanos of the Clan Ezana. I see that you are not callous slavers and are considering the practicality of compassion. I represent the Atlantean Underground, we are here to pick up many of these people. However even then I fear our capacity is less than half of what is required." Beside several other dark-skinned True Atlanteans, the majority of the Underground team appears to be members of a race of snake-like d-bees. They immediately deploy and attempt to organize the desperate mob.
ImageImage
Trouble in the Water
If it didn't seem complicated enough, a panicked murmur spreading through the crowd signifies the arrival of a new danger beneath the surface of the waves.
Image
At the edges of the mob people begin disappearing into the water. Blood spreads, and some sort of feeding frenzy begins. The culprits are identified as a swarm of a dozen or so flat aquatic monsters, roughly 6' long. Anyone in water up to their waist or higher is susceptible to attack from these piranha-like beasts.

Trouble on the Shore
After the sun disappears behind Mount Doom a similar threat emerges on land. Anyone not in the water is in danger of being snatched-up and carried away into the darkness. This time Vampires are identified as the culprits.
Image

Bumrush the Boats!
Image
Needless to say the mob has now become hysterical the surge towards the two submarines. The snake men form a line to keep them back but they are nearly overwhelmed, an order is given, and several of the most aggressive men are vaporized by energy blasts. This serves to calm the situation down momentarily.

The crowds numbers are hard to judge but even filling both subs would only be about half of them. Of course the longer you stall, the less there will be ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Space Explorers and Occasional Sacs of Gelatinous Goo
Image
As they travel, the Space Explorers notice several enormous gel-sacs adhered to the walls and ceiling of the enormous structure. They also discover two working hover speedsters. Assuming they use them this greatly increases your rate of travel.
Image
A Tale of Two Prisoners
Image
Arriving at the security center, the Explorers notice several things. There are several containment units which appear to put the inhabitant into a form of stasis. Only two of the are occupied. The release mechanism for these stasis pods is fairly obvious.
Image
Prisoner One is some sort of cyborg, rather hideously designed and the species of origin is unrecognizable, although basic structure and context clues would suggest human.
Image
Prisoner Two is an obvious non-human but not a d-bee anyone recognizes.
On the Surface of Things
The security center monitor banks reveal that the station interior is empty and devoid of activity. Gel-sacs and blood stains are the only sign of life. The exterior monitors however, reveal an entirely different story as the surface of the Mega-Structure appears to be teeming with insectoid life! These d-bees are easily distinguished from the well-known Xiticix species, as they are far more bee-like.
Image

WHATCHADO?
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
User avatar
SNAFU
Game Master
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: GAME MASTER: The Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:14 pm

Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies. Everyone Who is a Peak Keeper.

Perception: 1d100 = 65
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 17

SNAFU wrote:Keeper of the Peak
As he approaches the odd cave patterns making the 'face' of Mount Doom John realizes there are signs of habitation here. A large fire-pit with bones of a plethora of nameless creature surrounding it still contains the embers of a dying fire. From the inside of the closest cage John hears a bellow of rage,
"Who disturbs the Keeper of the Peak! Who has chosen to die today!?
An enormous humanoid emerges from the darkness, his form is misshapen and grotesque, reminding John of the stories he's heard of Splugorth bio-magic monstrosities. Interestingly, John notes, the Keeper's stature increases as he exits the cave and he grows from 12' to 22' in an instant! In his hands is an enormous sword, engraved in glowing runes, amazingly, the sword grows too!

[COMBAT!]


As the Keeper comes out of his cave and begins his speech, John says, "I knew there would be something interesting in a bunch of caves shaped like a skull!"

"I don't know about all that choosing to die stuff, but I'm John, nice to meet you!" He squints at the Keeper, "Let's see how big you can get! You're evil, right?"

CONDITIONS: As noted in the previous post, John is in Pebble form already. Since calling targets is 'free' in melee, John's first aiming for: 1. That Creepy Tongue (unless it's small enough to have a penalty). Right humanoid arm. Left humanoid arm. Right Leg. Head. He keeps wailing on each target until it's broken/pulped/rendered useless.

Initiative: 1d20+8 = 12

Round 1
He? She? It's too big to grab telekinetically, gotta do this the fun way - fingers crossed for no acid blood!
Action 1: John grows to maximum size
Action 2: Strike for Juicer Football Body Block 1d20+10 = 14 | Damage: 1d4+8 = 12
Action 3: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 23 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 108
Action 4: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 22 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 88
Action 5: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 21 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 108
Action 6: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 24 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 98
Action 7: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 18 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 128
Action 8: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 15 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 78 IGNORE THIS Action, John only gets 7

Parries: 1d20+15 = 28; 1d20+15 = 29; 1d20+15 = 16; 1d20+15 = 24; 1d20+15 = 18; 1d20+15 = 20; 1d20+15 = 30; 1d20+15 = 29;
Auto-Dodges (For things that can't be parried): 1d20 = 13; 1d20+15 = 23; 1d20+15 = 18; 1d20+15 = 23

Round 2

John assesses the situation, if the creature is using a lot of magic or psionics, he'll switch to alternating the Juicer Football Body Blocks with regular punches. Strike rolls are the same, but damage is only 1d4+8 as above. Juicer Football knockdown info is in John's Combat section on the character sheet.
Action 1: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 22 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 108
Action 2: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 25 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 128
Action 3: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 21 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 128
Action 4: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 22 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 108
Action 5: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 21 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 78
Action 6: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 22 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 78
Action 7: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 18 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 88
Action 8: Strike for Punch 1d20+10 = 25 | Damage: (1d6*10)+68 = 108 IGNORE THIS Action, John only gets 7

Parries: 1d20+15 = 16; 1d20+15 = 35; 1d20+15 = 28; 1d20+15 = 31; 1d20+15 = 17; 1d20+15 = 35; 1d20+15 = 20; 1d20+15 = 33;
Auto-Dodges (For things that can't be parried): 1d20 = 6; 1d20+15 = 27; 1d20+15 = 17; 1d20+15 = 23

Because I did the Auto-dodge numbers wrong, I'm stripping the bonuses here for ease of use.
Round 1 Auto-Dodges: 13; 8; 3; 8
Round 2 Auto-Dodges: 6; 12; 2; 8
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 72
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 80

Space Explorers and Occasional Sacs of Gelatinous Goo

Jack sees what he thinks is an egg sac and plenty of them. He looks to the others and, “I wouldn’t try to do anything about them. Looks like a bunch of them and I don’t want to bring mother and any of her friends around. Maybe we could take care of them later after we find out what we need to get back to home. Disturbing them might be like kicking a Jack Jumper or worse a bullet Ant hill. Fire might be a way of taking them out as we leave. Need to mark where they are and how big of the area. Anyone have some fire grenades, I can make a real Big Bada Boom.”

As he looks around Jack spots two hovers, “Well looky there, those will speed things up if we get them going.”

He heads over to them, “They look like sweet rides, I wonder if we can take them with us?”
Jack looks around them searching for weapons and other systems. He eventually asks, “OK, there are two of them, who is driving and who has two?”
OOC Comments
(OCC) Jack lets them drive and he will sit with someone he has Hover craft which allows him to operate hover cycles but the others are more qualified.


After the driving arrangements have been worked out. They head to the security area as indicated.

A Tale of Two Prisoners

Arriving at the security center, the Explorers notice several things. There are several containment units which appear to put the inhabitant into a form of stasis. Only two of the are occupied. The release mechanism for these stasis pods is fairly obvious.


Jack walks in and sees the prisoners, he talks to the other two, “Damned if we do and Damned if we don’t. I don’t want them to take our rides. Let me see if I can tell something about them.”

Jack uses See Aura ( 6 I.S.P.) and Sense Supernatural Evil 80% 1d100 = 6 looks at the two then reports to Murdock and William.

On the Surface of Things

The security center monitor banks reveal that the station interior is empty and devoid of activity. Gel-sacs and blood stains are the only sign of life. The exterior monitors however, reveal an entirely different story as the surface of the Mega-Structure appears to be teeming with insectoid life! These d-bees are easily distinguished from the well-known Xiticix species, as they are far more bee-like.


"Well not Jack Jumpers or Bullet Ants but a wasp, Hornet or bee. Big buggers they are aren’t they, and we got a huge hive. Might not have any one left here unless these two can tell us where they might be. hey we can scan this complex from here I betcha. that be good to get the low don on the bidge and other places."

Jack turns to the two, “Hey you two, Ya got name? Do ya have rides out of here? And where do ya belong?”
Last edited by Jack Killian on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Van Der Cleff » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43/26%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3; 1d100 = 58
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Active)

HP: 22/22
SDC: 29/29
Armor: (Main Body): 40/40

SNAFU wrote:Van der Cleff Goes to Town
While the crowd stalls the decision making process, and Atfield has wandered off as well, Van can't help but spot the best part of any shitty, seaside town: the dock tavern. Since it has the welcoming (at least to him) universally recognized flag of piracy practitioners above it, Van figures it may be a prime spot to pick up some intel and hear about conditions in the surrounding waters.

Nice Stuff, I Think I'll Take It
The bar is disappointing as most of its clientele are either passed-out or dead. One patron can't help but attract his eye, both because she's moving and a strikingly attractive humanoid lady. She looks him up and down, her eyes lingering on his fancy pistols.
"Hey there, big boy. You look like you could use some company, wanna spend some time with me?"
Her tone and words are sweet but Van der Cleff's Sixth Sense tells him that she will be attacking him in the next few seconds.
[COMBAT or RUNAWAY!]


Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 24
Number of Attacks: 5

Action One: Draw both Firebolt Pistols and Shoot the Lady. (Strike: 1d20+1 = 7; Damage: 4d6 = 17 M.D./4d6 = 13M.D.)
Action Two: Shoot the Lady. (Strike: 1d20+1 = 4; Damage: 4d6 = 12 M.D./4d6 = 17M.D.)
Action Three: Shoot the Lady. (Strike: 1d20+1 = 2; Damage: 4d6 = 14 M.D./4d6 = 17M.D.)
Action Four: Shoot the Lady. (Strike: 1d20+1 = 16; Damage: 4d6 = 17 M.D./4d6 = 13M.D.)
Action Five: Shoot the Lady. (Strike: 1d20+1 = 12; Damage: 4d6 = 10 M.D./4d6 = 8M.D.)

Dodges if needed: 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 25, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 12, 1d20+8 = 18.
Roll w/ if Applicable: 1d20+5 = 24, 1d20+5 = 23, 1d20+5 = 12, 1d20+5 = 21, 1d20+5 = 17.


Van is most interested in a drink, but is definitely currious about the woman. As Van eyes her up and down, he considers a chat with her. Luckily for him, she beats him to it. Unluckily for him, she's a golddigger and is planning something not nice. "Figures I find a beauty in a shithole like this and all she wants is my stuff. Well sod off wench you'll not find me easy pickings." Van says a he draws on her and begins unloading dual blasts of fire at her. "run away and I won't have to kill you." Van says a calmy as a normal conversation.
User avatar
Van Der Cleff
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 85/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 83

Conditions
PPE: 147/171
Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/350 MDC
  • 138/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Globe of Daylight:
  • 40/42 minutes
  • 168 foot area of light.
  • Wards off Vampires and other undead/demons who fear or are hurt by sunlight.
  • Can be sent up to 60 feet away.


Can't be anything good in these sacs. Maybe we should destroy them as we go. But leaving them be might be the safer route. By the brothers, this place is creepy. Will makes sure to keep his light visible and looking in the corners of every room they're in.

When the Hover Speedsters are found, Will simply points to his armor and says "I'm covered. You two take them." Will flies under the power of his armor to get where they are going. "Security Center coming up. Be on your guard, there could be automated systems or even spooked survivors."

In the Security Center, Will comes across the stasis pods and stops to think for a moment. These two look no more frightening than what we have on planet. I wonder if they know the nature of this place. To the other two present, he says "I think these two could be helpful. Maybe they know what this place is. And if not, we can always put them back into stasis. Hold, while I cast a spell of knowledge. Percatación!" (-10 PPE)
OOC Comments
  • 20/20 minutes
  • See Invisible, Nightvision, See Aura, Infrared, Farseeing all at 2 miles.
  • Eavesdrop: As per spell 200'
  • Identify Plants/Fruit 70%
  • Identify Tracks 85%
  • Track 50%
  • Locate Traps and Mines 94%
  • Land Navigation 92%
  • Speak, Understand and Read all Languages


Using See Aura, Will looks closely at the two in the stasis pods to determine what type of beings they are (good? evil? selfish?) and their power levels. Using his ability to read languages, he will look around the room to find anything that explains the purpose of the room. And he will definitely read any labels on the stasis tanks and release mechanisms in case there are any warnings. If the others agree, he will first release the cyborg and then the D-Bee. Once they seem awake, he says to them "Welcome back to the land of the living. I am The Wanderer. You have just been released from your stasis pods. Can you tell me how you ended up in there? And the purpose of this station?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 40

As they make their way to the security station and see the gel-sacs, Murdoc nods to Jack and William, "Yeah, I don't thing these things are a good thing, but if we start messing with them, there's no telling what could happen. Could be we kill them, could we just help them hatch, could be..." he nods to Jack, "... we end up calling mama." When Jack asks about grenades, Murdoc rattles a pouch on his utility belt, "I've got one plain jane incendiary." He gives the other men a better this than nothing expression as they continue on their way.

When they come across the hover bikes, Murdoc grins at William, "Well you don't have to tell me twice." He climbs on the bike and figures out the starting process and looks over at the others, "Okay, lets keep it nice and slow." He leaves out the unnecessary warning about unknown dangers and simply ends with a nod as they start out again for the security station.

At the Security Station, Murdoc looks at the monitors of the bugs, "Well, I've feeling less and less good about those gel-sacs. Lets make sure those things stay outside. I don't think we have enough ammo to deal with them."

When William mentions casting a spell of knowledge and Jack alludes to his psychic abilities, Murdoc motions somewhat sarcastically, "By all means." Then he waits expectantly for any new news the two men with supernatural powers can tell him.

If they report back that the two beings in cryo are even remotely good in nature, Murdoc will hit the button to release them then step back to give them room to step free.
If the two in cryo are more on the evil side of things, Murdoc will looks to Jack and Will and say, "Well, we are in desperate need of some better info on what's going on here, but these two might do better to stay where they are."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:48 am

((Rolls Carry Over))

I get a Hover

When the Hover Speedsters are found, Will simply points to his armor and says "I'm covered. You two take them." Will flies under the power of his armor to get where they are going. "Security Center coming up. Be on your guard, there could be automated systems or even spooked survivors."


When Murdoc starts heading to the two hovers, Jack follows with a grin on his face. "These things are rare in Aussie land got to drive them only occasionally, but that is good enough for me. Boy she’s beautiful.” Jack follows Murdoc’s advice and takes things slow. He looks for weapons system and how fast these things go.

Security “Go directly to Jail! Do not go Pass Go! Do not collect 200 Credits!

Jack listens to the others, and then adds any other bit of information he has. “Suggest letting one out at a time if you catch my drift.” Before they decide to let them out jack adds, “We can look see if they have a self-destruct program? If they do we just need to know how to set it off in case of an emergency. Oh, how about getting our ship out here in case we can’t wait for the rift? Those answer might need the Bridge. There is the Captains Quarters and any of his staff. Can we call anyone here using this equipment? General help thing like.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:47 am

[rolls held]

Murdoc nods to Jack, though the gesture is somewhat muted by his helmet, the odd Aztec headdress he's still wearing does waggle around. He looks between the two in cryo stasis, "Lets just remember, this is the security station. These two could have been put in here before the mess in this facility went down. And for any number of reasons. Or they could have gone in after like some sort of life pod. I say we let the borg out first. If things go side ways, the borg's skill set is likely more on the mundane side. The other guy could be some nth level mage or psychic," he motions to both Jack and Will in turn to indicate his point. "ready to screw us over with some intangible ability." He moves his hands in a weighing motion then points to the borg with the Mahautl as he pulls his NG long pistol with the other hand.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 / 54% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 52

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible.

As he watches John then Van just wander off the boat.Where in the spirit realm is everyone going!!! Freaking new guys!!

SNAFU wrote: "Greetings. I am Ephraim Tarkanos of the Clan Ezana. I see that you are not callous slavers and are considering the practicality of compassion. I represent the Atlantean Underground, we are here to pick up many of these people. However even then I fear our capacity is less than half of what is required." Beside several other dark-skinned True Atlanteans, the majority of the Underground team appears to be members of a race of snake-like d-bees. They immediately deploy and attempt to organize the desperate mob.


Wak nods, "Nice boat. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof and we are definitely not slavers. But we weren't here on a humanitarian mission either. I was considering rescuing some kids, but we aren't going anywhere less dangerous for our next port o call."

When the attack and panic starts he sees the snake's response. Cool and calculated. Wak pulls out his Vamp Sniper by Mortimer and starts popping off a few rounds at the vamps.

Combat
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 31
APM: 8

Attack 1-3: Called aimed shot at the Heart. Strike: 1d20+12 = 14 Damage: 3d6*10 = 80 x2 vs vamps
Attack 4-6: Called aimed shot at the Heart. Strike: 1d20+12 = 18 Damage: 3d6*10 = 90 x2 vs vamps
Attack 7-8: Aimed shot at the Heart. Strike: 1d20+12 = 14 Damage: 3d6*10 = 130 x2 vs vamps

Dodge as necessary: 1d20+20 = 38 1d20+20 = 30 1d20+20 = 21 1d20+20 = 35 1d20+20 = 26 1d20+20 = 23 1d20+20 = 39 1d20+20 = 34
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

PreviousNext

Return to The Roughnecks Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron