Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6 / 54% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 91

Conditions: Shadow Meld Spell; Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible

Wak nods to Will and Murdoc, glad to see the veterans back onboard. To Jack, "Nice touch firebug!" He speaks to the group, "We have damaged the vamps and Sploogs more than enough, we need to slip away. If Tampico can't survive now, well it is doomed anyway. We need to continue on in our mission. Next stop is the New Navy outpost near the Pre-Shitstorm town of Barranquilla, Colombia. They too are having vamp issues and they need some training and maybe some weapon designs. Yea, get Flip to sick bay, maybe this new navy outpost will have some spare bionics for trade. Any questions? Ohh we obviously have some new blood and you have earned your stripes today. If you want into the Roughnecks just say so and introduce yourselves to everyone. That is Murdoc, he is our XO, and Will, our resident spellslinger, is our master sergeant. Gee get us out of here."

Wak touches his Spirit Mask of Aj Q'uq'umatz. "Many thanks Lord Quetzacoatl. That was much easier with your assistance." He takes his hand off the mask. Wak understands the fine line he is balancing on and understands he will likely be forced to declare loyalties sometime in the future. But for now both of these great beings allow my to take the battle to Splynncryth.

He reaches out again with his mind, "Well Illynncryth, was that a worthy blow to Splynncryth?"
.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 16:40, July 25, 110 P.A.
CLIMATE: Wet
VISIBILITY: Short
TERRAIN: Clear sailing
LOCATION : Aboard the Yellowfish, offshore of Tampico
LEY LINE: No
TIME PASSED: Twenty-five minutes


We all live in a yellow techno-wizardry experimental submersible craft….

The day is declared a success, or at least enough of one to satisfy Wakiza’s sense of completeness. The Splurgoth Mother Ship has been rendered into an impotent lump offensively giving warning to any who might consider attempting the same, and many additional vampires perished along with them. The butcher’s bill was high...which is just the way the Roughnecks generally prefer it.

Wakiza is on task, and confirms the decision to send poor Flip to the medical bay.

Of course, it can’t be that easy, now can it?

A giggle drifts through thick air of a submersible craft stuffed to the gills with far more refugees than its environmental system is designed to handle. GEE walks through a bulkhead, shaking its spectral head at the Roughnecks’ field leader.

”Thinking this is some great space-faring starship, do you? The Yellowfish is pinched for space; we only have a medical locker for emergencies.” The entity makes a pointed glance towards the nearest of the refugees, people upset by the recent missile launches that had been made in support of the assault and by being confined in such a strange space.

”That’s assuming, of course, there’s anything left in the medical locker.” And with that ominous pronouncement the entity passes through – or merges with – a bulkhead and is gone once more. Indeed, upon inspection the medical locker appears to have been forced and the meagre supplies are nowhere to be found – not that a dose of medical nanites would do much to help the NG rep at this point.

Of course, that’s not to say there isn’t anything they couldn’t have done; other than ‘unconscious’ and ‘limbless’ no one has actually checked to see how Flip is faring.

The discovery of the raided medical locker is a short step to uncovering the raided food supplies and anything resembling clean clothing or warm blankets. Personal quarters seem to have yet to be broken into, and the armoury is fortunately far more secure than the more mundane sections of the craft, but all in all it appears this huddled mass of desperate refugees haven’t hesitated to take steps to make things a little less desperate for themselves. Jack can be sure no one has made their way into any sensitive areas that they shouldn’t have, at least.

Well...fairly sure.

A small crowd has wedged itself into the corridor to the bridge, where Van Der Cleff has barricaded himself after getting sick of dealing with demands for information about what was going on, or to immediately take them somewhere safe, or for access to the armoury so as to be able to defend themselves, or for basic supplies, or....

He makes it clear over the team comms that he’ll be staying behind a locked bulkhead for now; it’s their turn to deal with the masses. Not that all of the masses are entirely unreasonable; a tearstained little girl, maybe five years of age, clutches at Bettie’s spell-armoured leg and looks up at her with wide eyes in her dirty face.

”Are you an angel? she asks in a tiny voice, hope tinging her words.

Murdoc wrote:Reaching up to plug one ear, Murdoc uses his cyber radio to call the Lechuza Bruja, "Come in Lechuza Bruja. Do you read me, over."


After a moment, a reply comes from the Bruja. ”Bruja here, glad to hear you’re in one piece, over.”

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc asks, "Are you two still good up there? "


”We’re all good,” comes Kask’s reply. ”Ordinance is pretty low, but I’m hoping we’re not going to start any more wars until there’s a chance to resupply, right?” The laugh that follows might be…slightly forced.

Murdoc wrote:Murdoc proceeds to give some orders, "If everything is good up there. Pull the plane out to a safe distance and wait for a call. Is our new friend doing ok?"


”Pulling back, roger, I’ll take her to thirty thousand feet. He’s...a bit of an odd duck, but hasn’t been any trouble. Has seemed curious about the old girl here, but has kept his fingers out of anything important.” The relief at being able to stand down from battle readiness is clear in Kask’s voice, and it’s hard to blame him. ”And I believe I’m going to go see if there’s still anything to drink aboard this tub. Bruja out.”

All of the praise for his high-powered armour spell is gratifying, of course, but it can’t help but remind Will that spreading it about like that has seriously depleted his internal resources. Fortunately, there’s a big, tasty-feeling matrix of energy in the bowels of the Yellowfish, the arcane battery that powers some of the crafts more esoteric defenses. If he siphons some of it off, there won’t be as much for the craft to use in case of emergency, but what are the odds of that happening before it can regenerate back to full operational levels?

Flynn’s introduction to the Yellowfish is...striking. Not only is it a very unusual but clearly quite capable vessel, but it’s currently jammed with quite a few refugees in various degrees of health and cleanliness. They’re all fleeing a bad situation, many of them have very little to their name, most are quite grateful to be rescued, and a good number of them...are women.

John gets to meet a fair number of the refugees on his way to the head with its tiny shower; he’s a nice guy, and he can’t just bull his way past everyone and be rude about it! There is a line for the head, unsurprisingly, but the refugees have no problem whatsoever letting John skip the line to get cleaned up – perhaps having something to do with his ceiling-brushing height and the very large sword he carries. Once clean, it’s possible to category the aches and pains and wonder at the sheer amount of damage he’d sustained in his rush though the Splurgoth Mother Ship. He’s healing at an accelerated rate, of course, but one might have to wonder if perhaps a change from ‘Avalanche’ to ‘Sandstorm’ might be in order for a little while – his pebbles have been powdered.

Wakiza wrote:Wak touches his Spirit Mask of Aj Q'uq'umatz. Many thanks Lord Quetzacoatl. That was much easier with your assistance. He takes his hand off the mask. Wak understands the fine line he is balancing on and understands he will likely be forced to declare loyalties sometime in the future. But for now both of these great beings allow me to take the battle to Splynncryth.

He reaches out again with his mind, Well Illynncryth, was that a worthy blow to Splynncryth?


Indeed, the craven usurper will feel this defeat for some time to come, is the satisfied reply from Illynncryth. The mental contact, as always, feels strange and somehow disorienting at the edges; even when doing its best to be clear when dealing with such a small mind, the intellect of such a creature is huge and alien in its way of thinking.

Do not feel overconfident, however, the alien intelligence continues. Splynncryth is devious, and is known to wrest a victory even from the depths of defeat. Do not allow it this victory. With this final caution, the presence of the intelligence’s mind withdraws.

The Yellowfish is submerged and making way to Columbia, the Bruja is at a safe altitude and ready to act when needed, and everyone is taking care of some basic needs.

The only thing that particularly needs doing now is transmitting the mission report; that should be a fun one to compose....


Wasgeschieht?
User avatar
Mad Scientist
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Roughnecks AGM

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 42

Conditions
PPE: 42/171
Cosmic Armor:
  • 26/350 MDC
  • 30/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Will yawns loudly, the enchantment from his armor having worn off and leaving him exhausted. "That was a good... good battle. I'm just gonna take a little nap now." Will starts toward his quarters, squeezing tightly between refugees and walls. "Excuse me. Excuse. Excuse me." On the way there, he passes by the hatch toward the arcane battery and stops for a moment. I could slip in there, grab a bit of juice, recharge... I could even make a few Energy Spheres for later use. But if the Sploogs come after us, we'll be without our main defenses until we recharge. Hmm... Maybe I'll check and see where the arcane battery is charge-wise. Will deviates from his original sleeping plan and heads down to the bowels of the ship to see what the current charge-o-meter reading is on the arcane battery.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Bettie Houser » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 88

Baker wrote:Not that all of the masses are entirely unreasonable; a tearstained little girl, maybe five years of age, clutches at Bettie’s spell-armoured leg and looks up at her with wide eyes in her dirty face.

”Are you an angel?", she asks in a tiny voice, hope tinging her words.


Taking her helmet off and hanging it from her belt, Bettie looks down for the source of the voice and once she spots the girl, she bends over and scoops her up with her right arm, still hefting the Naruni gattling with her other. "Sorry sugar, not an angel. But if it makes you feel better I'll be yours until we can find you a real one, how's that sound? So, what's your name? I'm Bettie.", using her above average height as much as she can, Bettie looks around at the crowd of refugees asking the little girl, "Now, where are your mum and dad at?". Bettie listens to the child while keeping an eye and ear out for anyone frantically looking for a child.

Keeping hold of the child Bettie uses her size and strength to move the crowd as gently as she can, making her way to Wakiza. "So, this is yours....the gun that is." she says indicating the gattling, "Where would you like me to leave it? And I don't suppose you would mind me tagging along for a ride? At least to the next civilized city you all are stopping at anyways? Unless you need me to stick around for some reason?". While Bettie's eyes are very suggestive of what that other reason might be, she gives no other overt sexual indicators, most likely because she is still holding a child. Apparently she does draw the line somewhere.
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [180/180]
Armor:
- ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor
MDC: [100/100]

Weapons:
- NG-33
- Kisentite Sword
- NE-700 Vulcan Mini-Gun

Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 73
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 21

Jack goes below deck and he is surprised by the crowded conditions. He is wondering where all of these people came from and he is a bit confused. The last time he knew the sub was here. They loaded his ride, the “Romper Stomper”, into the cargo hold. As he makes his way to the hold he is schocked at all the people that are cramed into it, every nook and cranny there are bodies. It moves the Red Knight, “Xiucoatl,I know these are not your people, but I wasn’t either. I have some power to heal, but I am sure that people everywhere might be helped.”

Doctor Jack sets up Shop.

Jack looks around and slowly gets to the Stomper. He proceeds to unlock his vehicle and then removes the trap. He finally looks around at the masses, and sees some strong men. “If you give me a minute, I’ll be out to help heal some of the people, make sure we get the most needed. Oh, if there are other healers or medical people we could use them. Also some one that can speak languages.”

Jack gives a call over the radio, “Waz and Roughnecks, Volcano Jack, here, I’m in the cargo hold, near my ride. I’m going to try to help heal some of the people. If you know of anyone that needs some, try to get them here. Oh, and when did we get a boat load of people?”

Jack get out of his simple armor, and puts on some clean clothes. He doesn’t shower, he knows the water purifications systems must be running at max, but he is a burster and they really don’t sweat. He gets some water, and drinks it. He opens up some rations he tries to remember when he last full meal. He eats it to keep his strength up.

Finally, he opens the door and climbs out. He looks at the is crowd and speaks in his Aussie accent. “First we took out a strong Splooie Force up top . we are safe. We are heading to a safe place. where you can unload and make a new life. I can heal some, but I was just in a few battles so forgive me. I'm not at 100%, but I will heal some. Then go and rest. Please stay calm, and I will few be healing as many as I can when I get more power later.”

Charm/Impress: 40%1d100 = 65 Invoke Trust: 30% 1d100 = 95

He looks around to see if there is some semblance of order before descending to treat the sick. They don't look to impressed he Still decides to chance it. He looks to the men and hope they have assembled some help for him.

See Aura ( 6 I.S.P.)
Healing Touch (6 I.S.P.)

Psychic Purification (8) get any toxin out

These would take longer but help some very sick.
Psychic Diagnosis (4)
Psychic Surgery (14)
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:51 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:John gets to meet a fair number of the refugees on his way to the head with its tiny shower; he’s a nice guy, and he can’t just bull his way past everyone and be rude about it! There is a line for the head, unsurprisingly, but the refugees have no problem whatsoever letting John skip the line to get cleaned up – perhaps having something to do with his ceiling-brushing height and the very large sword he carries. Once clean, it’s possible to category the aches and pains and wonder at the sheer amount of damage he’d sustained in his rush though the Splurgoth Mother Ship. He’s healing at an accelerated rate, of course, but one might have to wonder if perhaps a change from ‘Avalanche’ to ‘Sandstorm’ might be in order for a little while – his pebbles have been powdered.


Perception: 1d100 = 20 / 61%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 50

"Thanks for letting me go first, everyone - I got covered in blood? Ichor? out there and even though I went for a swim it was down in the cracks like you wouldn't believe. It's hard being on your way to godhood, right? Even Grim needed a better wash."

That killing was SATISFACTORY. Still, you should always clean your sword when you shower.

Are you making a joke? I learn more about you every day... I don't seem to be getting tired, is that your doing?

Not I - perhaps ask your mage about the other items you got from my previous associate.

Talkin to Peeps

John pops in an earbud radio in time to get Jack's message. "Jack, Flip needs some kind of medical treatment, he's in bad shape. I don't know anything about doctoring, but he might be a good place to start. The monsters cut off his limbs. I'll bring him to you."

He then delivers Flip to Jack. "It's almost a shame we took out the Splugorth. They probably could have fixed him good as new, from what I hear. Still, top of the line bio implants should be just as good."

He pauses. "I'm glad you're okay. I was worried when you all disappeared. What the hell happened?!?"

Later, he goes looking for William and Wakiza.

To Wakiza - "Commander, I took one hell of a beating out there. As fast as I'm healing I should be mostly fine in 24 hours, but it'll take a few days to get all the way better. Just wanted to keep you apprised. I don't seem to be feeling tired. The way the boat's going with the refugees, I can keep an eye on some of them or sit in front of the weapons locker. Also, you may want to let everyone know how long until we drop them off, maybe calm them down a bit."


To William - "Welcome back! When you disappeared, I thought maybe the plane went down, but the Commander was convinced you'd be back. I'm glad he was right." John then pulls out the magic necklaces so Will can see them. "I found these and this gem and this amazing talking sword on top of Skull Mountain in the possession of a whack-job calling itself the Peak Keeper. He was way into barbecue. In any case, do you have any idea what these are? The gem seems to be giving me illusory clothes, but the others I can't tell. I haven't been very sleepy or hungry since I got them, though."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 2 1d100 = 59

Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/80 MDC
  • 140/114.50 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.

Going below decks, Murdoc hits the wall of people that are crowding almost every part of the submarine and hold his position. Rather than trying to squeeze through the mass of people, Murdoc activates his comms, "Wakiza, I see we've got some new fighters in our ranks but I'm more worried about the crowd in the sub. Do we have a destination set? Its not going to stay pretty in here if these people have to hang out too long. I've got the Lechuza Bruja holding at distance. The Aztari guy is piloting but we picked up two passengers from where ever it was we got bamf'd too when those big magic missiles hit. We also picked up a fighter. Pretty sure his a Crazy but he seems okay to me." Murdoc's voice wavers like he's making the so-so motion with his hand. As is, I'll try to get our passengers sorted. Van, do we have an ETA on our next landfall? I'd love to get these people... er, ah, someplace safe before the Yellowfin starts smelling like a latrine. Just a warning, but we may need to consider some sort of payment to whatever place we drop these guys at. Murdoc's kinda happy his cyber lets him subvocalize this last bit.

Working his way into the crowds, Murdoc smiles and says, "I know its tight in here people but the Yellowfin is a fast ship and we'll make landfall soon. If everyone can just find a place to sit, that would be great. If you're in need of medical attention just raise you're hand and we'll do what we can."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 54% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 63

Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible

Wak doens't even respond to the Splugorth and instead just gives a mental nod,

Bettie Houser wrote: Keeping hold of the child Bettie uses her size and strength to move the crowd as gently as she can, making her way to Wakiza. "So, this is yours....the gun that is." she says indicating the gattling, "Where would you like me to leave it? And I don't suppose you would mind me tagging along for a ride? At least to the next civilized city you all are stopping at anyways? Unless you need me to stick around for some reason?". While Bettie's eyes are very suggestive of what that other reason might be, she gives no other overt sexual indicators, most likely because she is still holding a child. Apparently she does draw the line somewhere.


Wak just smiles at the blunt woman, "The weapon is the property of the Roughnecks, if you join up, you are welcome to use it until you gear yourself up. If you're not interested we will be stopping in Columbia in a few days to drop these refugees and do another job, you can get off there. Talk to the team and see if you are interested. We take on high risk, high reward merc jobs. It is dangerous and as you just saw, I really like taking on jobs that mess with the Sploogs on this world. Hate slavers!" Wak gets an uglier than usual look on his face, then shakes it off. "We could use you, you seem more than capable and we need operators that can handle themselves. You'll get an equal share for the jobs we do."

John Altfeld wrote: To Wakiza - "Commander, I took one hell of a beating out there. As fast as I'm healing I should be mostly fine in 24 hours, but it'll take a few days to get all the way better. Just wanted to keep you apprised. I don't seem to be feeling tired. The way the boat's going with the refugees, I can keep an eye on some of them or sit in front of the weapons locker. Also, you may want to let everyone know how long until we drop them off, maybe calm them down a bit."


Wak nods, "Well it ought to be a couple days before we get to where we are going, so no worries just rest up. That might not be a bad idea, to sleep at the arms locker. Stay out of the booze, it is for celebrations." Wak smiles. "Good job out there. Don't think we could have gotten Flip out without you. I am going to make an announcement shortly."

Jack Killian wrote: Jack gives a call over the radio, “Waz and Roughnecks, Volcano Jack, here, I’m in the cargo hold, near my ride. I’m going to try to help heal some of the people. If you know of anyone that needs some, try to get them here. Oh, and when did we get a boat load of people?”


Murdoc wrote: Going below decks, Murdoc hits the wall of people that are crowding almost every part of the submarine and hold his position. Rather than trying to squeeze through the mass of people, Murdoc activates his comms, "Wakiza, I see we've got some new fighters in our ranks but I'm more worried about the crowd in the sub. Do we have a destination set? Its not going to stay pretty in here if these people have to hang out too long. I've got the Lechuza Bruja holding at distance. The Aztari guy is piloting but we picked up two passengers from where ever it was we got bamf'd too when those big magic missiles hit. We also picked up a fighter. Pretty sure his a Crazy but he seems okay to me." Murdoc's voice wavers like he's making the so-so motion with his hand. As is, I'll try to get our passengers sorted. Van, do we have an ETA on our next landfall? I'd love to get these people... er, ah, someplace safe before the Yellowfin starts smelling like a latrine. Just a warning, but we may need to consider some sort of payment to whatever place we drop these guys at. Murdoc's kinda happy his cyber lets him subvocalize this last bit.


Wak just nods to Murdoc then addresses the Roughnecks over comms, "Sorry guys, we made landfall at a remote part of Atlantis. These refugees were trapped between vampires and some flesh eating monsters in the sea. I just couldn't leave them all, so I took as many woman and children as we could take. We are going to drop them at the New Navy Outpost in Columbia. Shouldn't be more than a few days. Keep your personal shit locked down. Will, take charge of the food supplies that are left and ration them out as needed. Gee we can ventilate as needed to keep the air clean."

Wak gets on the One MC and makes a ship wide announcement. "Listen up refugees, you are aboard the Yellowfish. Respect the ship that is protecting you. If there is anymore thieving of the ship supplies I will personally shoot the thief out of the torpedo tube. See Volcano Jack in the cargo area if you any Medical issues. Our Sergeant, Will, the man in black, will be rationing the remaining food supplies. If anyone enters our arms locker, all refugees will be put out to sea, on the spot, in nothing but a few rubber rafts. Welcome aboard."

Wak considers for a moment, "Hey Murdoc, you think you can take our jet back and give a mission report. You can drop off the passengers you picked up and maybe pick up some supplies. Make sure you get paid for the tasks completed and the intel we gathered. What do you think? In that jet you should be back by the time we arrive in Columbia."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:25 pm

(Rolls Carry Over)

Jack listens to the radio and responds Quietly, "Waz, Volcano Jack, I have a bunch of rations and water over 100 of each.They are important trade items in Aussie Land. If you need them, hey people who are hungry come first. I may need some help down here I don't think I dare pull them out with the crowd."

When John comes carring Flip takes him and layes him down on the deck. He uses Psychic Diagnosis:and See Aura: then tells the others over the radio, "OK, About Flip, I don't think I have the power to restore limbs and that is what he needs along with other things. I can fix some but I think he be better off if he stays asleep."

Jack concentrates on filp after he does what he can. then says a quick prayer to Xocoatl, "Xocoatl, I may not be worthy, I understand. Help him to stay with us till we get to a place to help. Again thank you for what you have done. I shall try my best to help the others here to the best of my abilities. Yes the rations and water will be coming out."

Jack looks to John, "John help me get the rations and water out." He goes to the Romper and un locks and un arms the trap. He then opens it opens it. He hands John the rations and the water.

Pre-Rifts Food Rations: $50x 20= $1000
Perth/Melbourne Food Rations: $20x50= $1000
Generic Food Rations: $10x50= $500
Generic Canned Water Ration: $15x50= $750
Generic Packaged Water Ration: $5x100= $500

"John you and some of the ladies to hand out what you can."

Jack continues to heal the ladies and children.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 pm

(rolls held over)
Before Will makes it down to the 'basement':
John Altfeld wrote:To William - "Welcome back! When you disappeared, I thought maybe the plane went down, but the Commander was convinced you'd be back. I'm glad he was right." John then pulls out the magic necklaces so Will can see them. "I found these and this gem and this amazing talking sword on top of Skull Mountain in the possession of a whack-job calling itself the Peak Keeper. He was way into barbecue. In any case, do you have any idea what these are? The gem seems to be giving me illusory clothes, but the others I can't tell. I haven't been very sleepy or hungry since I got them, though."

"That was a crazy trip we went on. Space demon bugs and other freaky things. Glad we got the hell out of there. We gained some potential allies in the future. This guy Redstarman, I can feel it, he's a force to be reckoned with. We just need to get him to a psychic who can fix his mind." When John brings out the magic trinkets, Will's eyes light up in excitement. "By the Brothers, you won these? That is a battle I would have loved to see. Illusory clothing? That's incredible. The possibilities are many for that one. Haven't been sleepy or hungry? You truly won by receiving these gifts from above! May I try on that medallion?" If John allows it, Will slips on the Dragon's Eye medallion and takes a look around. One look at the things that John is holding and he knows: "This one allows you to see magicks! It may do more, but this is truly powerful indeed. Is that an eyeball?" Handing it back to John, he continues. "We should get your items to an appraiser as soon as we are back. They may be able to tell you more about these items, what they can do and their worth. I know of a good, reputable one in Lazlo. But I'm sure we can find someone in MercTown or on our journey. Tell me more about this sword! I recently came into a pair myself."

Wakiza wrote:"Sorry guys, we made landfall at a remote part of Atlantis. These refugees were trapped between vampires and some flesh eating monsters in the sea. I just couldn't leave them all, so I took as many woman and children as we could take. We are going to drop them at the New Navy Outpost in Columbia. Shouldn't be more than a few days. Keep your personal shit locked down. Will, take charge of the food supplies that are left and ration them out as needed. Gee we can ventilate as needed to keep the air clean."

"In charge of rations. This will be fun." Once Will finishes up with John, he'll skip the basement idea and head to the food supply area to remove any refugees from the area and then get things sealed up again. Once that's done, he figures out what they've got left and how to feed the folks on board. (Basic Math: 1d100 = 70/95%)
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Flynn » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:58 am

Perception: 46% 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 3

Mad Scientist wrote:Flynn’s introduction to the Yellowfish is...striking. Not only is it a very unusual but clearly quite capable vessel, but it’s currently jammed with quite a few refugees in various degrees of health and cleanliness. They’re all fleeing a bad situation, many of them have very little to their name, most are quite grateful to be rescued, and a good number of them...are women.


Flynn twists and straightens his mustache as he surveys all the ladies. Taking it all in, he momentarily forgets where he is or what even just happened and focuses on his new mission. Mon amie, now is where you shine. Putting on his most dashing smile, he walks up the beautiful woman he can find, unaware and uncaring if she's already with any of the other refugees. He daintily lifts her hand to his mouth and kisses it. "Hello, ma chere, my name is Flynn and I am at your complete..." he emphasizes the word a moment and lets it hang before continuing, "...service. What can I do for you?"
Flynn
PPE: 21/21
ISP: 40/40
HP: 56/56
SDC: 217/217

Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Head/Helmet - 50
• Arms - 35 each
• Legs - 45 each
• Main Body· 72
User avatar
Flynn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:40 pm

ROLLS HELD

Conditions: John is at +1 Foot

Time for talking!

Wakiza wrote:
Wak nods, "Well it ought to be a couple days before we get to where we are going, so no worries just rest up. That might not be a bad idea, to sleep at the arms locker. Stay out of the booze, it is for celebrations." Wak smiles. "Good job out there. Don't think we could have gotten Flip out without you. I am going to make an announcement shortly."


"Thanks - it seemed like a foolproof plan and then... I'm honestly not even sure what happened. There were just a ton of monsters stuck to me and... have you ever been punched repeatedly on your insides? I have now! It feels extremely strange and deeply unpleasant. Well, time to help Jack give out supplies!"

John then goes back down to help Jack with Flip and handing out the rations.

Jack wrote:When John comes carring Flip takes him and layes him down on the deck. He uses Psychic Diagnosis:and See Aura: then tells the others over the radio, "OK, About Flip, I don't think I have the power to restore limbs and that is what he needs along with other things. I can fix some but I think he be better off if he stays asleep."

Jack looks to John, "John help me get the rations and water out." He goes to the Romper and un locks and un arms the trap. He then opens it opens it. He hands John the rations and the water.


"I'm worried that he's more injured than we can see. Brain damage or something. He'd have woken up by now otherwise. It's been hours. Or that he'll start bleeding from the stumps. Or they stuck some kind of monster in his head. I hope wherever we're going he can get new limbs immediately, not some backwater craphole."

John lays his hands on Flip's chest - "I wish I could do that psychic surgery stuff. I heal fast, at least now, but I have to watch everyone else in so much pain all the time. Agh! I HATE feeling helpless!"

When Jack opens the trunk, John starts pulling out the rations. "You know, they train the Kingsdale Guard on helping out with emergencies like distributing supplies. And you're always supposed to give them to the women if possible. They're less likely to divert them from the people who need them most. I don't think that speaks well to human nature..."

John polls the crowd for volunteers who can speak either American or Draconic and starts handing out supplies until Will shows up to take over. "Anyone who fights over these or steals them from someone else. I'll pull your arms off. Have a nice day!"

William Summers wrote:"That was a crazy trip we went on. Space demon bugs and other freaky things. Glad we got the hell out of there. We gained some potential allies in the future. This guy Redstarman, I can feel it, he's a force to be reckoned with. We just need to get him to a psychic who can fix his mind." When John brings out the magic trinkets, Will's eyes light up in excitement. "By the Brothers, you won these? That is a battle I would have loved to see. Illusory clothing? That's incredible. The possibilities are many for that one. Haven't been sleepy or hungry? You truly won by receiving these gifts from above! May I try on that medallion?" If John allows it, Will slips on the Dragon's Eye medallion and takes a look around. One look at the things that John is holding and he knows: "This one allows you to see magicks! It may do more, but this is truly powerful indeed. Is that an eyeball?" Handing it back to John, he continues. "We should get your items to an appraiser as soon as we are back. They may be able to tell you more about these items, what they can do and their worth. I know of a good, reputable one in Lazlo. But I'm sure we can find someone in MercTown or on our journey. Tell me more about this sword! I recently came into a pair myself."


"He was just a little guy - like 30 feet? This last battle was a lot more exciting. Good lord! Uh, I mean, by the spirits? Now I'm doubly glad you all survived, that sounds like a nightmare, even worse than being in this freaking submarine."

John hands Will the items other than Grim. "Yeah, you rub the gem and it switches between outfits. Considering the number of sizes and shapes I am, it's kind of necessary. Just don't uh, get anything that lets you see through illusions. Especially when I'm full size." He laughs. "Wait, really? It shows magic? I thought that Grim just glowed. Weird! Maybe I can tell what this other necklace does?"

Recognize Enchantment 1d100 = 47 / 63%

"I wouldn't be surprised if it IS an eyeball, since it came from Atlantis. I mean, this one is definitely bones of some kind. I've heard of using every part of the animal, but I think they're taking it too far. The sword is named Grow-man-dang, but we've agreed on Grim as a short name. It talks in my head and changes sizes, which seems to be about it. It talks about killing things a lot. A LOT. So it's probably good we killed all those Splugorth and vampires, that seems to have calmed it down. Also, it and the Commander's sword are friends. They can talk to each other if you touch them together. It's kind of sweet."

It is not sweet! We are both instruments of death!

"What kind of swords did you get out of a space station?!?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 am

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 16:55, July 25, 110 P.A.
CLIMATE: Wet
VISIBILITY: Short
TERRAIN: Clear sailing
LOCATION : Aboard the Yellowfish, offshore of Tampico
LEY LINE: No
TIME PASSED: Fifteen minutes


Day Tripper

Consultation with Captain Van der Cleff nets an estimate far more optimistic that a couple of days; on the surface at flank speed, the Yellowfish could make the coast of Columbia in about eight hours, and even submerged it would only be about a straight run of twenty, including surfacing a couple of times to refresh the air supply.

Furthermore, the much-swifter Bruja could hop back to Merctown in a hair under two hours at need. All times, of course, assuming that one doesn’t run into...delays.

Good news for Travis Murdoc, who has been voluntold to make a quick jaunt back to Merctown for a drop-off, resupply, and a quick debriefing and request for payment for services rendered. All in a day’s work when you’re the 2IC for a prestigious mercenary company. Now it’s just up to the illustrious field leader to decide – or delegate – on travel methods, who needs to catch a flight out to Merctown, and what supplies need to be topped up after their rather...energetic battles of late.

Having been plucked out of the masses by her very own battle angel, the girl is either struck with a bout of shyness or sheer fatigue and buries her face against Bettie’s side and doesn’t answer questions posed to her. Searching about for a bit, Bettie eventually tracks down a dull-eyed woman who admits in broken Dragonsese that she was one of the last ones aboard, and a desperate-looking man had shoved the girl into her arms as the hatches closed. She has no idea what the girl’s name is, and looks like she’s having trouble taking care of herself, let alone a child.

Diverted first from his nap with the thought of a recharge and then from that by a request from Wakiza, Will heads down to the galley that adjoins the cargo area where he finds Jack setting up to start healing people that might need it. They’re joined shortly thereafter by John, and the three of them together are certainly enough presence to maintain a semblance of order. Their human cargo is, by Wakiza’s order, largely women and children, but there are a percentage of men aboard as well – generally those sorts of men who’ll jump at a lifeboat in the place of a woman or child.

It’s a fair bet that the majority of those who have gotten into the Yellowfish’s supplies come from their number.

There’s not a great deal of linguistic parity between the refugees and their surprisingly soft-hearted rescuers, but enough common speakers can be found to make the process workable. The parcelling out of additional food and water supplies is well-received, and Will and John only have to step in a couple of times to handle attempts at extortion, hording, and to replace a couple of ancient food packs whose preservation techniques had failed. In amongst all of this, John has the opportunity to discover that the bone necklace will keep him going pretty much indefinitely on next to nothing if he has to; but if he takes it off, he’ll feel that next to nothing hard.

With the exception of Flip, there isn’t anyone onboard who is in particularly poor health, Jack discovers. A lot of low-grade malnutrition which can be taken care of in time; a fair number of cuts or abrasions that had become infected, a few sprains and broken bones here and there. Not much, but he can tell as he works that if he’s not careful he can probably drain his energies to the dregs just taking care of incidental injuries.
OOC Comments
-100 ISP, over half the refugees have been attended to at this point.

His delving of Flip shows the man to be in remarkably good shape, all things considered. The limbs had been removed surgically rather than through violence, and even the port for his artificial arm had been excised. The surgical points were well-healed already, most likely due to the one anomaly his psychic probe discovered – saturated through Flip’s system was what most likely was one of the Sploog’s biowizardry-engineered spores. The NG rep’s energy levels were a good deal higher than they should have been, and this is likely responsible for his otherwise good health. There’s no sign of regeneration at the surgical sites; merely clean healing.

John can feel a burn of frustrated anger in his chest as he presses gently on Flip’s chest, wishing he could help. Perhaps not gently enough; Flip’s eyes pop open.

Flynn, meanwhile, has been doing what Flynn does best – if you use him as your source material, that is. The refugees consisting largely of woman and children, he finds himself in a target-rich environment, and his keen hunting skills leads him to a cluster of the few men who had made it aboard. As the best-smelling food will draw the hungry, the most attractive woman in sight brought the men flocking even under these conditions, and its with bad grace but uncommon good sense that they push away into the crowd as the Crazy arrives to press his suit.

It’s understandable why this particular woman has caught the lion’s share of masculine attention; only a couple of inches shorter than Flynn himself, she’s dusky-skinned and quite strikingly beautiful. She has enough curves on her at the moment, even considering the general state of privation that most of the refugees are in, that she either had been somewhat overweight before getting caught up in the chaos, or her looks had been netting her some extra food here and there. Possibly both.

Either way, at right this moment she is lush and attractive, even if somewhat ragged and dirty – and in some ways, that only heightens the appeal, a true damsel in distress. She giggles at his approach, and – perhaps surprisingly – replies to him in accented American.

”Oh, did you rescue us? I am so very grateful, she breathes, her eyes alight with appreciation. ”You are captain of this big yellow boat? I like yellow, it is very pretty.” She smiles enticingly at him.

It appears that not only is she as beautiful as Flynn is...not...she is also about as bright as he is sane. This could be the start of something magical.
OOC Comments
0% chance of Charm/Impress, but a critical success on a JIC roll should be good for something...


Wasgeschieht?
User avatar
Mad Scientist
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Roughnecks AGM

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 61%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 11

Mad Scientist wrote:In amongst all of this, John has the opportunity to discover that the bone necklace will keep him going pretty much indefinitely on next to nothing if he has to; but if he takes it off, he’ll feel that next to nothing hard.

John can feel a burn of frustrated anger in his chest as he presses gently on Flip’s chest, wishing he could help. Perhaps not gently enough; Flip’s eyes pop open.


His eyes are open, I should close those... Wait, no, this means something else!

"Ahhh! He's awake! Welcome back, sausa... Flip! Please stay calm. I have very disturbing short-term news for you."

John motions to one of their temporary children. "Alonso! Please come here! I'll give you, uh, not a laser rifle, but some kind of actual reward, if you will scratch whatever Mr. Flip needs scratched."

Maybe he'll accept some pepper or a skinning knife?
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 95
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 93

Jack is tired after taking care of the people. He tells the ladies that are there helping. That he needs to meditate to recover. “Ladies John, I need to meditate before I try to take care of any one else. Give me about 12 hours to get some back, A full day will get me up to speed completely. I’m going to do this in the Romper.”

OOC Comments
Spent 100 ISP healing has taken him down to 15
Re coups at 12 every hour with meditation



Jack heads to his ride undo the security devices and the traps then gets in. “Need to recover lots, I am nearly drained.” Jack shall rest.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Flynn » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:39 am

Perception: 45% 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC% 1d100 = 25

Mad Scientist wrote:”Oh, did you rescue us? I am so very grateful, she breathes, her eyes alight with appreciation. ”You are captain of this big yellow boat? I like yellow, it is very pretty.” She smiles enticingly at him.


Flynn's eyebrow goes up at the question. Licking his thumb, he run's across his eyebrow as he responds, "Why yes, yes I am." He give her his best matinee idol grin. Putting his arm around her, he says, "Can I give you a tour? We can start with my cabin." He gives her a wink.
Flynn
PPE: 21/21
ISP: 40/40
HP: 56/56
SDC: 217/217

Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Head/Helmet - 50
• Arms - 35 each
• Legs - 45 each
• Main Body· 72
User avatar
Flynn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:54 am

GM Mini-Update

Jack drags himself off to rest, mostly drained of psychic energy, taking his discoveries about Flip’s condition with him and leaving the newly-conscious man in John’s capable care.

Alonso creeps closer, the roughly seven-year-old’s eyes wide as he regards the hombre-sin-extremidades. He nods mutely at John’s request, although he definitely appears…uncertain.

Flip’s eyes focus on John’s face before glancing down at himself. Looking back up, his demeanour is remarkably calm.

”I seem to be missing a few things,” he says mildly.

Meanwhile, across the cargo bay the attractive woman giggles and sinks into the embrace of Flynn’s arm. ”Thank you, Captain, you’re so good to take time away from running this big boat! she exclaims breathily. Stroking his hand about her shoulder, she looks up at him with excitement in her eyes.

”I will also read your fortune, so you know what is to come. It is the least I can do for my brave Captain,” she tells him encouragingly.
User avatar
Mad Scientist
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Roughnecks AGM

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100
JIC: 1d20 1d100

Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/80 MDC
  • 140/99.50 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.

Murdoc nods as he gets new orders from Wakiza, "Will do boss. I'll drop the Aztari off with his people as well. I guess the two from where ever that was we went to can be dropped off back at Merctown. Just give me a list of what I need to pick up and I'll do my best. Just remember that the Lechuza Bruja only has so much room. So do you think we should bring Flip back as well or should we just try and get a hold of Thirsty Pete to see if the old man can doctor up Flip."

Murdoc starts to tick off things he needs to do when he gets back to Merctown, then looks back to Wakiza, "I know you picked up some more fighters but with all these refugees onboard, I haven't talked to everyone to see if they are staying on. So, when I'm in Merctown, do I need to do any recruiting?"

Grinning, Murdoc says, "If that's it, I'll call the Lechuza Bruja down and should be back within a five or six hours."

Once dismissed by Wakiza, Murdoc will go topside and radio the Lechuza Bruja, "Murdoc calling the Lechuza Bruja. Kask, bring the jet down and pick me up. I've got some errands to run." Once aboard the jet, Murdoc will explain what's going on and ask where Kask wants to be dropped of at.
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Bettie Houser » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 38

Mad Scientist wrote:Having been plucked out of the masses by her very own battle angel, the girl is either struck with a bout of shyness or sheer fatigue and buries her face against Bettie’s side and doesn’t answer questions posed to her. Searching about for a bit, Bettie eventually tracks down a dull-eyed woman who admits in broken Dragonsese that she was one of the last ones aboard, and a desperate-looking man had shoved the girl into her arms as the hatches closed. She has no idea what the girl’s name is, and looks like she’s having trouble taking care of herself, let alone a child.


Bettie feels bad as she looks around at all the folks in need and is more then a little peeved about those taking advantage of what little supplies are on hand. Motioning to the woman she says, "Follow me, I'll see if we can dig something up for you. Is there anything you need in particular?", Bettie asks looking over her shoulder as she begins making her way to the more private quarters. As they move along, Bettie looks to the little girl and asks, "How about you sweetie? You hungry? I bet you are, huh?", she tries to get some kind of positive response from the child, even if it is just a smile.

Wakiza wrote:Wak just smiles at the blunt woman, "The weapon is the property of the Roughnecks, if you join up, you are welcome to use it until you gear yourself up. If you're not interested we will be stopping in Columbia in a few days to drop these refugees and do another job, you can get off there. Talk to the team and see if you are interested. We take on high risk, high reward merc jobs. It is dangerous and as you just saw, I really like taking on jobs that mess with the Sploogs on this world. Hate slavers!" Wak gets an uglier than usual look on his face, then shakes it off. "We could use you, you seem more than capable and we need operators that can handle themselves. You'll get an equal share for the jobs we do."


Bettie grins, dropping the big gun to the deck and holding out her hand to Wakiza, "Boss, I think I will take you up on your offer to join. Don't think I need to think it over much, so the answer is yes, here and now. And I agree with ya' on the slavers.", Bettie pauses a moment and glances at the child she is still holding, "Uh, just curious but any ideas on what we are doing with all the folks we brought along with us here? I don't know if anyone's filled you in yet, but we have a number of less charitable folk among the 'fugees that are takin' advantage of the food and supplies...that is, the shortage of them. Want me to go knock heads together and show the lot who's in charge?".


{Skill Rolls}
Invoke Trust 25% / 1d100 = 95% (trying to get the litter girl to talk)
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [180/180]
Armor:
- ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor
MDC: [100/100]

Weapons:
- NG-33
- Kisentite Sword
- NE-700 Vulcan Mini-Gun

Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85 / 54% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 20

Wak gives the location to the Columbian base to Gee and Van and says "lets head off. Murdoc will be taking a short trip and will be back in a few."

Wak nods to Murdoc, "Yes, take off and hurry back. Avoid trouble or outrun it. Give them all the intel we have gathered to date. Might want to leave out our little side mission where we bombed one of Splynncryth's aides into oblivion. As to Flip, ask and see what he wants. I have no problems if you want to run him back. Just pick up medical supplies and basic rations. I think that is all we need. Again hurry back, we made some serious enemis and now its going to be harder to hide it. I may need my XO back quickly!" That beast should damn near outrun anything he may come across. Wak will go with Murdoc to check on Flip. "Spirits, you are awake. What happened man. Where do your bionics go?"

He smiles at Bettie, "Well welcome aboard. Yes, I have no problem if you deal with the troublemakers. Take whatever appropriate action you think is necessary to deal with the offending parties."
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 51

"Oh, he had cyber-limbs? THAT explains why he's not freaking out now!"

John looks back to Flip - you should probably go back to MercTown, it'll be a lot safer than being in the middle of this or whatever's in Colombia. Unless you think they can regrow you."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Bettie Houser » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Wakiza wrote:He smiles at Bettie, "Well welcome aboard. Yes, I have no problem if you deal with the troublemakers. Take whatever appropriate action you think is necessary to deal with the offending parties."


"Well, first I have to find food and a place for these two here. Uh, do I have private quarters of any kind aboard this bus now that I have joined? If not, any secure, quiet place that the rest have not crowded?", Bettie looks to the little girl again, "Hey little one, would you like to meet a friend of mine? This is Wakiza, he helped me fight off the bad things.", Bettie tries to be soothing with the girl, but is trying to see if she will at least respond by looking up or at Wakiza.
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [180/180]
Armor:
- ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor
MDC: [100/100]

Weapons:
- NG-33
- Kisentite Sword
- NE-700 Vulcan Mini-Gun

Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 17:00, July 25, 110 P.A.
CLIMATE: Warm, windy, intermittent clouds
VISIBILITY: Horizon
TERRAIN: Moderate swells
LOCATION : Aboard the Yellowfish, offshore of Tampico
LEY LINE: No
TIME PASSED: Five minutes


Taking a Trip to Carolina

With both John and Bettie detailed to run security on their passengers for the duration of their stay, odds are good that they’ll be able to handle any further disputes or pilferage that might otherwise occur. The young girl on Bettie’s hip takes only a single peek at Wakiza before burying her face against the Juicer’s side again. There are private bunks that a small handful of the refugees could be placed into, as long as they have no objections to occupying the space that several Dwarves had committed suicide in.

More of the team descends to the hold to check in on Flip, who is now conscious, calm, and conversing with John.

”My bionic arm has apparently been removed,” Flip comments mildly. ”As well as the rest of my limbs. This will likely interfere with my ability to do my job.” Whether he is in shock or something else has been done to him is difficult to determine. A faint smile crosses his face. ”I did intend to lose some weight,” he admits.

Upon being asked if he would like to be evacuated by the Brujah, he gives an aborted motion that probably would have been a shrug had he had more limbs to him.

”I’m sure you know what’s best,” he replies passively.

The Brujah is called down to a rendezevous with the Yellowfish, which surfaces and comes to a gently rolling halt upon the ocean’s surface under the grumbling objections of Van Der Cleff that they are making a great fat target of themselves in doing so. Any transfer of personnel and supplies will be a little tricky but doable as long as some care is taken, and the Yellowfish will soon be ready to resume its journey beneath the waves; or more swiftly across them, depending upon the team’s decision.

OOC Comments
We’ll be wrapping up the Tampico thread shortly, since we’re clearly steaming away from said place at a good speed. The next GM post will detail a downtime of maybe eight hours, so please include intentions for said downtime.

Wasgeschieht?
User avatar
Mad Scientist
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Roughnecks AGM

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/48%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 98

Conditions
PPE: 42/171
Cosmic Armor:
  • 26/350 MDC
  • 30/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.

John Altfeld wrote:"Just don't uh, get anything that lets you see through illusions. Especially when I'm full size."

"Why wouldn't I, oh. Oh gods, no. Got it."

John Altfeld wrote:"What kind of swords did you get out of a space station?!?"

"These two are pretty bad ass." Will brings out the hilts for the Mech-Killer and the Sunshine Speed Claymore. "They don't look like much now cause they're turned off, but this one is extra good at parrying. It can even parry energy. And it can take down a robot like nobody's business. This other one... Oh man. It's so fast! It doubles up every strike I make! Alright, we'll pick up again later. I've gotta go check on the supplies."

Will does his best to make sure the rations go out fairly and uses his size to scare off those who would try to sneak some extra.

When he hears that Murdoc is going to head back to MercTown, Will sits and writes a letter, seals it and addresses it to:
B. Clarke
AAPS HQ
Merctown


"Hey Travis, umm... do you think you could get this letter to the AAPS Headquarters for me? There's a girl. We crossed paths a long time ago and she's still on my mind. Thanks man."

Once Murdoc takes off, Will spends as much time as he can replenishing his magical energy. If he's unable to meditate, he will head to the PPE battery and spend 3 1/4 minutes topping off his PPE (absorbing 129 bringing him up to 171). I could create an energy sphere, but that would draw too much power from the battery. I'll wait until we are at land or find a true ley line.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 79
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Jack settled down to meditate. He closes his eyes and calms his soul, settles into his happy place. In this he imagines himself sitting under the shade of a large tree. The tree is located near a river bank. Off on the right there is a small pond and the suns light glistens off the ripples that is caused by a waterfall at the far end. The sound it creates doesn’t seem large because of the distance the water has to fall and the distance from Jack. There are birds from Australia in the trees and they are singing their songs quietly. Occasionally a wallaby comes up to drink from the pond along with various roos. Time seems to be just moving along at a very slow pace.

Then very slowly Jack sees a slight disturbance beneath the river, he is puzzled about the disturbance, usually there is no dangerous animal in his tranquil spot, may be a fish a large fish, not a platypus too large. The object moves to the opposite bank of the river then starts coming out of the water. A round hair covered crown, head, the bright blue hair goes down pass the shoulder and to the middle of her back as she immerges. Yes, it is a woman. She walks out with her back to Jack. The water drips from her as she slowly moves to the trees on the other side of the bank. On some bushes are the ladies’ clothes and towel! How did Jack miss that earlier? He is wondering how could someone break into his personal place. He shifts his weight and a twig snaps, the lady turns around slowly and sees Jack sitting, with no emotion on his face, on the opposite bank under the tree.

She slowly reaches behind her for a towel to cover her from his eyes. Then she speaks slowly, “Who are you a ghost, a spirit? You weren’t there earlier. I don’t know you? Who are you?”

Jack is a bit unsure. His special place has never been invaded like this before. Jack maintains his calm then speaks softly, “Sorry I was meditating in my special spot, then you showed up. Are you part of my imagination? Or real? Just wait if you are real you would know my name, I am Jack Killlian, and you are?”

The lady looks around, and sees the waterfall and the strange animals and speaks, “I see this is your place not mine. I am real but our dream worlds seem to have come together. This is strange because it usually happens with people we know. Miranda Collins, by the way.” She starts drying her hair on one side of her head. “You have a strange accent. English?”

Jack responds, “Pardon me lady, Aussie, and it is you who have the strange accent. We are speaking English and your language came for it.” Jack pauses a minute, “I am guessing that you’re in the old American empire. Like the friends I have here.”

Miranda continues to question him, “So you are in America, what city? And what are you?“

Jack Fires back, “America is a large area Lady. But I won’t fence verbally with you if you won’t fence with me. I am currently employed by a merc group from Merctown, but we are not there we are at sea or under it and heading for, I believe it is South America. As far as what I am, a burster originally. Then a Dreamline storm, I think you call it a Leyline storm through me into a volcano. And then it spit me out in Mexico, southern. I joined the group then met one of the Aztec gods and he kinda bonded with me. This gave me additional power.”


Miranda stops drying the hair on the other side, she scrunches her face and interrupts, “You were just in Mexico? There is a lot going on there! A vampire war, nukes! CS lost ships. Ried Rangers moving in. Atlantis try to make a power move. And you were there?”

Jack shifts a bit, “Seems news travels fast around here. My friends and I were in a few of those. I think I gave you a lot of information. But so far haven’t been given much about you.”


Miranda stops and thinks before answering, she smiles and then says, “Really, you caught me swimming, well in just a few clothes, and you didn’t say a thing.” She chuckles, ”I think I gave you plenty. But as promised I can tell you some things, I live close to Merctown, and I would love to see you, and hear from you again. I am human, and have some powers of the mind. I would say not as powerful as yours. I got to check with some people first before I can tell you more Jack. I think your group are heroes! From the news we are getting up here. Wow, I’m actually talking to one of you. I got to go but I’ll get in touch with you.”

Jack is not sure what is going on he wants to stop her, “Excuse me, what just happened here? How can I get in touch with you again? I don’t understand.”

She turns and smiles, “The first date is over. And I don’t kiss on the first date.”

Jack quickly responds, “First date over. That’s not a date. I didn’t ..”

Miranda smiles again a blows Jack a kiss, “There do you feel better now?”

Jack fires back, “No,this a crazy way to, to Date. We never touched. We didn’t get to, to do anything except talk.”
Miranda responds “So you want a second date? Yay, were steady.” Then she vanishes.

Jack wakes from his meditation for a second, confused and wondering if this just wasn’t a dream. “Going steady! bloody hell, that is the craziest thing I have ever dreamed. Going steady and never meeting the lady. Well let me get back to meditating.” He takes another sip of water and calms down. And enters his place, he looks around to make sure things are normal. Then settles down.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

Armor: MDC Composite Animal Armor
A.R.: 14
M.D.C.: 35

Weapon Carried:
ATA "Super 10" Shotgun P200. 100ft range (1 MDC round left)
2 SDC Reloads
1 MDC reload

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun": Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.

Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:25 pm

Percep 71%: 1d100 = 39
JIC: 1d20 = 6 1d100 = 45

Cosmic Armor:
  • 350/80 MDC
  • 140/30 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.

When Will stops Murdoc and hands off the letter, Murdoc grins and nods as he pats the other man on the shoulder, "You got it Haas."

When all is set on the sub and the Brujah is in the sky above, Murdoc makes his way topside and, with the Cosmic Armor spell still active, flies up to the plane under his own power.

Once onboard the Brujah, Murdoc says, "Seems I have some new business to deal with." He turns to Kask, "Thank you for your help with the Vampires. Now, where do I need to drop you off at." Then he turns to Astralbeam and says, "And thank you for your help getting off that uh, space station. I don't know what you two have been talking about since you dropped me off, but I can drop you with Kask or I can take you back to Merctown. The choice is yours."

After getting the destinations set for his guests, Murdoc orders the Brujah to take him back to Merctown. Settling in for the ride, he says, "Brujah, wake me when we're thirty minutes out from Merctown." Then he uses the downtime to get some much needed sleep.

By the time they get to Merctown, the Cosmic Armor spell has worn off and Murdoc asks the Brujah to land at the airfield. After hotfooting it back to base, Murdoc reports in with Maxwell.

Murdoc gives Maxwell a big grin, "I'm not sure how you want this done, since the last time I saw you we we're fighting side by side and now you own the team. So here goes. We delivered the ordinance but the the ash from the volcanoes, we're not sure how successful we were. Though after the detonations, Camazotz made a move. So that could prove interesting. When the bombs hit, the Brujah got bumb over to some alt dimension. I think. Whatever it was Will, Jack and I went with it, along with a couple strays. We picked up some new guys along the way too. As happens with merc companies like us. When we got back to Tampico, the Sploogs had made a move and somehow we managed to rescue Flip from them. As it stands now the Yellowfin is transporting refugees to South America and we've picked up several new guys." Murdoc stops and looks askance at Maxwell.

After a moments silence, Murdoc says, "Just let me know what questions you have and I'll do my best to answer. But right now I need to get a move on and gather up supplies, make a mail drop for Will and get back to the Brujah. I'm due to rendezvous with the Yellowfin before they get to Columbia."
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Bettie Houser » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82% (34% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 43

Bettie keeps the little girl with her, finds her some food and tries to get her to sit down and eat, sitting with her of course. She also tries to find something clean for the child to wear and attempts a form of bathing. Hopefully one of the rooms has a shower with a door. If such a shower can be found, as odd as it sounds, Bettie herself strips down and showers with the child, if only because the girl probably wont want to her to leave. "Ew, and man do I stink", the she-Juicer mutters to herself. "And we do not want to stink...or stink as little as possible, do we?", she comments to the little girl.

Once both are fed (Bettie gives the girl the lions share of whatever food she can lay her hands on) and clean (if she manages it) Bettie goes looking for any room that can be locked from the inside and has something flat, even the floor, that can be used as a bed. She snags an unattended blanket or sleeping bag plus her own hammock and attempts to make some sort of sleeping area for the two of them. She lets the little girl pick either the "bed" or the hammock. Bettie then tries to see if she can get the girl to talk, now that she is fed, clean, and at least a little more comfortable. "So, what is your name hon? I'm Bettie, but I think I told you that already, didn't I?", Bettie says to her.


{Skill Rolls}
Charm/Impress 1d100 = 73%/ 40%
Bettie Houser
M.D.C.: [180/180]
Armor:
- ATEA-50 Supai Stealth Armor
MDC: [100/100]

Weapons:
- NG-33
- Kisentite Sword
- NE-700 Vulcan Mini-Gun

Misc.:
- Sunglasses
- Cred cards
- IRMSS kit
User avatar
Bettie Houser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Flynn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 am

Perception: 45% 1d100 = 90
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC%: 1d100 = 62

Mad Scientist wrote:Meanwhile, across the cargo bay the attractive woman giggles and sinks into the embrace of Flynn’s arm. ”Thank you, Captain, you’re so good to take time away from running this big boat! she exclaims breathily. Stroking his hand about her shoulder, she looks up at him with excitement in her eyes.


Flynn begins to lead her away from the group, intent on giving her a "tour" of the ship, but before they make it even a few feet she says,

Mad Scientist wrote:”I will also read your fortune, so you know what is to come. It is the least I can do for my brave Captain,”


Flynn pauses, the weight of what she just said finally hitting him. "GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" pushing her away, he screams and draws his sword, keeping it between her and him. "Stay hence, foul witch! Your deception shant be tolerated!" He continues to stare at her, eyes wide as can be, decided on whether his next action will be fight or flight.
Flynn
PPE: 21/21
ISP: 40/40
HP: 56/56
SDC: 217/217

Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
• Head/Helmet - 50
• Arms - 35 each
• Legs - 45 each
• Main Body· 72
User avatar
Flynn
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 43

To Will
"Hey, those sound awesome! No, Grim, not more awesome than you! Sweet spirits! Hold on, let me touch Grim to them... no, they're not alive, sorry. He's mad that I can't tell the difference. Because that's a thing people should be able to do." ROLLS EYES.

John seriously considers shaking Jack's Romper Stomper but eventually decides against it. Otherwise he sits patiently, keeping watch and thinking. If I kill one god, does that make me a god? What if I eat the god?

To Flynn
When Flynn starts waving his sword around like a psycho, John leaps to his feet, adds a foot of height if there's room, and dashes at top safe speed over, interposing his body between Flynn and Lady.

"Whoa, buddy, killing other refugees is extra-not-cool. Why don't you give me the sword and we can discuss this like civilized... humans? You look human. If you're not human, that's fine. I admit that I have a limited source reference."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 62/62
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,230/15/150/510/1,230

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +8
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +13 (+13/+13/+15/+15)
Dodge Bonus: +16/+20 (+16/+16/+12/+12)/(+20/+20/+16/+16)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +4 (+4/+4/+0/+0)
Bonus to Disarm: +2
Called Shots: +4
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+8/5d6(6d6)+8/1d6x10+18(+28)/1d6x10+58(+68)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400"
• See the invisible
• Nightvision 600'
• Recognize enchantment (63%)
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 54% (When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%)(When MOE is appliable +15%)
JiC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 14

Wak nods to Murdoc, "Just pick up some basic medical supplies and rations. And anything the others need. Use your judgement. Be safe." Hope splitting up like this isn't stupid. Wak walks to Van and says, "Take her under Van. Best we use a little stealth, especially with everything we've done here. He looks to Will next, "Will you got the first watch, I need some sleep. I want either me or you up at all times, so come wake me when you rack out." Wak ignores John and Flynn, other than a passing glance, They'll figure it out. He hits his bunk hard and dreams of his last night with Mana’Koa.
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 54/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 103/103; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 57; Arms: 46 each; • Legs: 57 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 80 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:56 pm

(Rolls held over)

Conditions
PPE: 42/171
Cosmic Armor:
  • 26/350 MDC
  • 30/140 minutes
  • The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
  • Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
  • Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One.
  • Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
  • Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Amulet of See The Invisible:
  • See The Invisible
8th Ring of Elder:
  • Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
  • Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


John Altfeld wrote:"Hey, those sound awesome! No, Grim, not more awesome than you! Sweet spirits! Hold on, let me touch Grim to them... no, they're not alive, sorry. He's mad that I can't tell the difference. Because that's a thing people should be able to do."

"Your sword sounds like quite the character! Tell him I look forward to fighting by his side some day soon."

Wakiza wrote:"Will you got the first watch, I need some sleep. I want either me or you up at all times, so come wake me when you rack out."

"Understood. Go catch some Zs." Will does a few rounds of the Yellowfish and then checks in with Van Der Cleff. "How's it going in there? Need anything?"
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Conditions wrote:TIME & DATE: 1:00, July 26, 110 P.A.
CLIMATE: Cool, stiff winds, intermittent clouds
VISIBILITY: Horizon
TERRAIN: Wind-blown chop
LOCATION : Aboard the Yellowfish
LEY LINE: No
TIME PASSED: Eight hours


Maxwell’s Silver Hammer

Given his decided lack of limbiness and a likely resultant drop in bargaining and negotiating power, Flip is loaded onto the Bruja before it departs, the Yellowfish submerging immediately afterward much to the relief of Van Der Cleff.

The Bruja’s flight speed is truly remarkable, and the flight back to Merctown is short enough for boredom not to be an issue. Two of the passengers don’t seem to be in much of a position to be board in any case; the vegetative hero rescued from stasis remains unresponsive, and Flip remains calm and alert during the transit.

After obtaining clearance from the airfield tower for a landing berth, the Bruja sets down not far from the compound the Roughnecks rent, drawing attention as it does so; this is no bulky NG workhorse wallowing in for a landing.

AstralBeam thanks Murdoc for the ride and disembarks, vanishing quickly into the city to do whatever such an entity might decide to do once loosed into an unsuspecting populace. Redstarman and Flip are both unloaded with instructions to receive what medical treatment can be located for then, and Murdoc heads to debrief with Maxwell.

Only to be thwarted at the office door by a...receptionist? A young, cute, bubbly receptionist whose endowments likely had bee at least as strong a qualification for the job as her actual receptionist skills.

It seems Maxwell has wasted little time in settling into the position as Big Cheese.

Tiffany informs Murdoc in a bored tone that The Boss is busy in a meeting, and can’t be interrupted. Upon his insistence, she does produce a camera from her desk and tells him to record his debrief. The Boss will get back to him soon.

Resupply doesn’t take a great deal of time, but long enough that Murdoc gets to wonder just how long this meeting might take. The Bruja isn’t a cargo ship so it can hardly haul along missile resupply for the Yellowfish or any such thing, but a couple of cases of plasma cartridges a some more e-clips fit well enough alongside the more important resupplies; food and water.

It’s only shortly before the Bruja is slated to lift off again that a delivery is made to the aircraft; a data chip from Maxwell along with instructions to play back the included video recording for the whole team.

The whole thing feels a little bit off, but there’s got to be a lot to do to settle into command of a merc company like the Roughnecks, and he hasn’t had much time to do that as of yet; no wonder he’s busy.

The flight back is lighter on passengers, heavier on supplies, and entirely uneventful until the Yellowfish surfaces for their rendezvous and materials transfer.

Meanwhile, on the Yellowfish

Bettie’s gentle persistence does eventually bear fruit, if not unquestioning trust. The girl finally gives her name – St'vatha – and during the showering process Bettie spots a couple of unusual features that strongly suggests this little girl isn’t, in fact, Human – merely a close analogue. When asked about parents she merely stiffens and shakes her head – not something that bodes well for ever finding them.

Watches are kept, dreams of unlikely-rapid tales of heroism unfold, and Flynn takes the opportunity provided by John’s timely intervention to beat feat and retreat into the depths of the ship. His new lady friend seems both hurt and confused by this unexpected treatment; she also seems determined to discover what she can do to mend this breach with the brave Captain. She may not be the most clever woman in the world, but she can be...persistent.

The hours of downtime pass relatively uneventfully; at one point an unsettlingly large sonar signature made a rushing approach, but a volley of torpedoes and a few discharges from the blue-green laser arrays convinced it to go play elsewhere.

Once the Bruja had unloaded personnel and cargo, everyone gathers with the promise of a video message from their teammate and new boss. The extent of what the team has accomplished is remarkable, even if they haven’t reported the full extent of it.

Perhaps this is why it's so startling when Maxwell's message proves to be so...volatile.

The headhunter is clearly quite upset, and it's with visibly rigid control that he had kept himself from shouting at the camera during the recording. The terms used to describe the competence of the company were uncomplimentary, potentially slanderous, and in a couple of cases highly unlikely to have been able to have been accomplished as described.

"...a simple mission! One you idiots managed to screw up royally!" the recording rants, conveniently seeming to forget that until only a short while ago he himself was an equal part of this particular group of idiots. "Escort one man, keep him safe, find some valuable ancient tech, return him to his people." Maxwell breathes heavily through his nose for a moment.

"You returned a piece of meat with no limbs!" he bursts out, one hand waving wildly. "The man is clearly in shock, and there's no way in hell he could continue to do the job! Now I have to get in touch with the client and somehow explain to them that we need a new agent to escort around, because we broke the last one!" His eyes are a little wild at this point, and it's easy enough to surmise that he'd sent along a recording because he hadn't been certain he could have avoided throttling Murdoc if he'd seen him in person.

"If they don't cancel the rest of the contract, it'll be a miracle," he growls, staring hostilely into the camera. "As it is, I have no doubt that there will be substantial penalties for failing to uphold the basic principle of the entire job." He fumes for a moment, seemingly firmly in the grip of New Manager Syndrome.

"Try not to screw anything else up, get rid of those hitchhikers – we're not running a charity here – and for fortune's sake, don’t do anything else to piss people off, or we'll be lucky to get a caravan guard contract in the Imperium! Report back in again in two days; hopefully I'll have cleaned up this mess by then." He pointed a remote at the screen, and it went black.

...well. It doesn’t seem that being hailed as conquering heroes is on the immediate agenda....
User avatar
Mad Scientist
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Roughnecks AGM

Previous

Return to The Roughnecks Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest