A plea for help

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:45 am

Date & Time wrote:Day 1.
Time: noon.
Temperature: 72 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: None.


Introduction are made, New members join the ranks and life general goes on as normal. It has been some months since the team fought the NXLA and life generally seemed to be getting back to normal. Some folks choosing additional training, some trying their hand at fashion. the one constant for the team that has not gone unnoticed was the lack of work lately. John standing in his room seemed to feel a little more "bloated" lately as he paraded in his new dino dress clothes. Wolf finding the practice of draw and shoot starting to become mundane. All in all it is easy to tell, the team needed something to do.

It is another unassuming day with the team meandering around the compound going about their daily routines when there is a knock on the door.

What are your intentions
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 7;1d100 = 7


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
[*](Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)[/list]
[*]Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
  • 360° scanning capability
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/list]



After introductions Wolf settles into a known routine. Up early, but not too early. Breakfast and a ride through town. Wolf spends a good amount of time just riding through MT to find new places. He does become a frequent patron of the Ogers Tavern where JTFA had their last get together before parting ways. Other times Wolf can be found at one of the few gun ranges in MT, working on his draw and shoot skills. Getting that speed and precision that only comes with hundreds of hours of practice. Wolf does look for any shooting competitions involving pistols. If he can not find any he will grumble about it for a few days after. During the evening time, if he's not at a bar, Wolf has taken to writing in a journal.

The few days preceding the knock ar the door, Wolf as begun to feel the monotony getting to him. What are we doing here? I thought you would have more jobs and things to do? You're getting dull...Ya. I thought there would be a little more as well. Nxla did take a lot of of people but i think we have been at fighting strength for a while now...Yes. it's gotten so dull John has taken to fashioning his own clothes...I know. I have to see them every day...Maybe this isn't the right place for us...No. I'm sure it is. Just going through a dry spell right now...Well it better end soon. The knocking of the door could not come at a more fortuitous time for Wolf as it quiets the voice in his head rather quickly. Wolf looks around for a moment from his chair, "I guess I'll get it.". Wolf moves to the door and opens it. "Can I help you, sir/ma'am?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

Wolf opens the door and on the other side stand a young man. His hair is spiked on one side and shaved on the other. He is chewing gum and looking off somewhere else when wolf addresses him. Turning back to wolf he looks him up and down and says, "I sure hope so. I'm tired of looking for the recipient of this letter." Lips smacking as he chews, he rustles through the satchel slug over his shoulder, looking for something then comes up with a white sealed envelope and almost hands it over and stops.

"Hey wait a minute, yeah, I almost forget," he says and starts chuckling. "Like wow, that's probably the fifth time I almost did that." He laughs again, open mouthed and still chewing. "Are you the roughnecks? Well not you I guess." He steps back and looks up at the building again. "Like, I mean, is this where the roughnecks live?" The adolescent stands in front of you in the face face, chewing big and loud then say, "Well?" as he cocks his head and scrunches his eyes.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 84

During the long months, John researches the strange deck of cards, taking a quick spin out to Cave in Rock in order to bind one card to the exterior of that location. He tries to keep in shape, pursuing exercise without the benefit of growth because he's found it's easier that way. Mostly he spends his time drinking and reading, trying to learn about gods, the Nemans, and how to gain power.

A couple of nights he tries to get Menelaus to go out to dinner, thinking it might help the troubled man, and he even makes a few side trips to visit Kingsdale, chatting with Numo about the Roughnecks' recent adventures and the wolfen's recent discoveries.

After overhearing Seamus mention to Wakiza that he was part of the CS, John seriously considers killing him in his sleep. He goes over his options for a full week before discarding the plan. He's under the protection of the Commander and part of the Roughnecks, that makes him off limits. Well, maybe he'll quit the company one day...

He's about to go to Wakiza to suggest they start freelance killing Coalition patrols to make easy money, when he notices Wolf talking to the guy at the front gate.

"Yeah, this is the Roughnecks compound. Who's the letter for, though? There's more than one of us."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 29

Past six months
Will has been busy. Techno Wizard training with P'ckett at the Collegiate to expand his mental self, exercising and weapons training daily to keep his physical self in peak condition. He was beginning to understand the principles of Techno-Wizardry through hard study and observation. He hadn't yet made anything to completion, but he was learning about machines and how to harness them properly. Technology wasn't all bad it turned out. Being second in command while Sir Blackhoof was away also meant lots of paperwork. Will made sure the bills were paid and the line was open for new jobs.

There were many jobs that came through that didn't meet the standards of the Merc crew. For example, when the old man wanted his young daughter whacked for taking over command of his city-state, Will had to decline. The client only had 100,000 credits to hire the crew and that just wasn't going to cut it.

As a pet project, he spent his evenings studying the spells Amulet and Talisman. Once he had gotten those down, he began creating items for his team to aid them in combat. An order of 15 MDC chains, 4 Lapis Lazuli, 2 Moonstone and a multitude of titanium dogtags (20 each of the following colors: Green, Black, Silver, White, Red, Orange, Champagne, Purple, Blue, Rainbow) from Starbright Jewelers is picked up and he goes to work making a few amulets and a standardized set of talismans for each team member.

Talisman
Talisman of Chromatic Protection
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Chromatic Protection
  • Duration: 8 minutes
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Chromatic Protection[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zCQIbWe.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Chromatic Protection
[*]Duration: 8 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Cloak of Darkness
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Cloak of Darkness
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Cloak of Darkness[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/eKXGlNH.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Cloak of Darkness
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Fighting Spirit
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Fighting Spirit
  • +1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
  • +2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
  • +3 to strike melee,
  • +4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
  • Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
  • Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
  • Duration: 4 minutes
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Fighting Spirit[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lLRleAL.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Fighting Spirit
[*]+1 on Initiative, to strike w/ Guns
[*]+2 APM, to disarm, parry and dodge, roll w/ impact, to save vs Possession
[*]+3 to strike melee,
[*]+4 pull punch, to save vs Horror Factor/fear
[*]Crit Strike: Natural 18-20
[*]Karate kick, Jump kick, Paired Weapons, leap attack, Judo flip/throw.
[*]Duration: 4 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Invincible Armor
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invincible Armor
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Invincible Armor[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/nhA86oV.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Invincible Armor
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]



Talisman of Invulnerability
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Invulnerability
  • M.D.C.: 50
  • Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
  • +10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
  • Duration: 8 melees
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Invulnerability[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/pF0ea8S.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Invulnerability
[*]M.D.C.: 50
[*]Impervious to cold, disease, drugs, gases, energy, poison, and toxins
[*]+10 vs magic, psionics, & horror factor
[*]Duration: 8 melees
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Lightblade
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Lightblade
  • Damage: 1d4*10+8 M.D.
  • Duration: 8 minutes
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Lightblade[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/B02B178.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Lightblade
[*]Damage: 1d4*10+8 M.D.
[*]Duration: 8 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Magical-Adrenal Rush
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Magical-Adrenal Rush
  • +1 to strike, dodge and all saving throws
  • +2 APM
  • +3 on initiative
  • Supernatural P.S.
  • Speed +50%
  • No fatigue, impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, Horror Factor, can endure 3x normal damage to body.
  • Duration: 8 melees
  • At end of spell, ½ APM, speed, skills, combat bonuses for 1D4 minutes.
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Magical-Adrenal Rush[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/8azzfEO.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Magical-Adrenal Rush
[*]+1 to strike, dodge and all saving throws
[*]+2 APM
[*]+3 on initiative
[*]Supernatural P.S.
[*]Speed +50%
[*]No fatigue, impervious to drugs, mind control, possession, illusions, pain, Horror Factor, can endure 3x normal damage to body.
[*]Duration: 8 melees
[color=red][*]At end of spell, ½ APM, speed, skills, combat bonuses for 1D4 minutes.[/color]
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Sheltering Force
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Sheltering Force
  • Duration: 8 hours
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Sheltering Force[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/g3NMSR5.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Sheltering Force
[*]Duration: 8 hours
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Superhuman Agility
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Superhuman Agility
  • +1 on Initiative, Parry
  • +5 to dodge
  • Automatic Dodge: +5
  • Automatically rolls with impact
  • +20% to Climb/Rappel
  • Duration: 4 minutes
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Superhuman Agility[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aBTIYPH.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Superhuman Agility
[*]+1 on Initiative, Parry
[*]+5 to dodge
[*]Automatic Dodge: +5
[*]Automatically rolls with impact
[*]+20% to Climb/Rappel
[*]Duration: 4 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


Talisman of Superhuman Speed
Image
Talisman
Magic Features
  • Superhuman Speed
  • +2 to Parry
  • +6 to Dodge
  • Speed: 44, no Fatigue
  • Duration: 8 minutes
  • Charges: 3
Book Reference: p.150, BoM


Code: Select all
[b]Talisman of Superhuman Speed[/b]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gQhEtcF.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Talisman[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list][*]Superhuman Speed
[*]+2 to Parry
[*]+6 to Dodge
[*]Speed: 44, no Fatigue
[*]Duration: 8 minutes
[*]Charges: 3[/list]
Book Reference: p.150, BoM[/size]


In the rare free moment, Will works on a painting for...someone.

Now
Will is soldering a wire connection on his solder practice kit when there's an arrival to the front gate of the compound. Hmm... probably another job for not enough money. Or a pizza. They've been eating a lot of pizza. I've gotta work on that.

Will heads to the door to see Wolf and John already having answered the door. Seeing that the two of them have the situation handled, he stands back and waits for the letter to be handed over.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 14;1d100 = 87


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
[*](Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)[/list]
[*]Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
  • 360° scanning capability
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/list]


Wolf looks at the youth for a moment. Such an irritating boy isn't he? Looks like just a letter. It could be more...More then just a letter? You need to calm down. "Like my friend here said there are several of us here. Is the letter for someone specific or the our organization as a whole?" Whether he is answered or not, Wolf will take the letter and look over the outside of it to see what the writing looks like. Before dismissing the youth to continue his deliveries.

Wolf will seek out Will or Wak, "This letter was just delivered to us?"
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:38 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

John Altfeld wrote:"Yeah, this is the Roughnecks compound. Who's the letter for, though? There's more than one of us."


The boy's jaw drops and the gum falls out, "Wait, What?!," he says exasperated. "There is more than one roughneck group? Great, just great!" The boy reaches for his radio when Wolf interjects.

Wolf Whitaker wrote:"Like my friend here said there are several of us here. Is the letter for someone specific or the our organization as a whole?" Whether he is answered or not, Wolf will take the letter and look over the outside of it to see what the writing looks like. Before dismissing the youth to continue his deliveries.

Wolf will seek out Will or Wak, "This letter was just delivered to us?"


Wolf deftly takes the letter for the boys hand as he is distracted looking for his radio. He looks up and says, "hey, wait a minute. So is there one Roughneck group or more? My instructions were to deliver it to the group. Please tell me your them. My dad would be pissed if he found out I delivered it to the wrong people again." Assuming Wolf or John assure the boy they are in fact the roughnecks he will sigh in relief, "Thank god, man, I really wasn't looking forward to being yelled at again. I mean really, people make mistakes. Right man?" before leaving the boy asks Wolf for a signature and then heads out.

Wolf looking over the outside of the letter can tell it has changed hand many, many times. There are signs that the letter may have been opened before, but is currently sealed. There is only a single thing written on the outside, "Roughnecks." Other than that it seems to be an ordinary letter.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 54/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 20;1d100 = 17


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
[*](Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)[/list]
[*]Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
  • 360° scanning capability
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/list]


Wolf takes the letter as the boy is distracted looks it over then look back to the boy, "Calm down boy. There is only one Roughneck merc group. And if you Pa is yelling at you you best listen. You do the job right you'll go far." Such a nervous boy isn't he...yes he is. The gun chewing was getting irritating...you could have shot him...I could have, it wouldn't have helped.
Wolf signs for the letter and looks for Will or Wak. Upon finding them, "Hey so boy said his father wanted this letter delivered to the Roughnecks. Looks like it has been through the ringer. The boy seemed to have a hard time finding us. Then again he was not the brightest. Wolf will pass the letter to Will or Wak.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:02 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 56

Jack hears the commotion at the gate, and decides to see what it is about. He sees Wolf, John and William talking to someone. He hears him talking and decides that he isn’t going to be of help no matter what he does.
So, Jack stays back to listen to the comedy unfold. He smiles and covers his face with his hand trying not to laugh. The aborigines, would just walk by this one and leave him to the Whites to take care of.

https://tenor.com/view/were-the-millers-no-ragrets-tattoo-regrets-gif-4303842

Image

Jack leans in towards Wolf as the other are distracted and in a low voice he says, "Wolf make sure you sign it, Sign it 'RowNucks.' or something like that."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 24
JIC:1d100 = 54|1d20 = 17

During the past few days since Seamus’ recruitment
Seamus spends the first few days becoming acquainted with the compound, and the other members of the company as best he can. He will try to personalize his bunk as much as possible, but his ingrained military-ness refuses to let him clutter up the place too much. He does try his best however to scrounge up a dart board to set up just outside his quarters. It becomes apparent rather quickly that the Juicer doesn’t sleep much.

William and Lux prove difficult for Seamus to approach. It becomes obvious after a few encounters with the Juicer that he has had very few exposures to magicians of any sort, and much of what he knows is superstitious nonsense. He is pleasant and cordial towards Lux, but quickly gets flustered and finds a reason to leave her company. William is a little easier, as he is able to fall into his old CS routines and respond to the magus as a superior officer; curt responses and quick action to any requests given.

Jack is equally difficult for Seamus to approach, but the inherent foreignism of the Aussie gives Seamus something else to focus on, instead of his psychic abilities. Seamus would be friendly to the Burster when he sees him around the compound. Likewise, the newest member of the Roughnecks will be relatively easy to warm up to Wolf; A man whose reflexes he would only have envied a few months ago is now someone he is, apparently, on par with.

Seamus picks up on Johns initial aversion to him over the first few days at the compound. He does not press the issue. As with most CO’s in his past, Seamus also makes a point to avoid Wakiza unless something is absolutely needed. A few times the ex-soldier realizes this and attempts to strike up conversation with the cyber knight, but it always ends with the juicer feeling awkward.

Now
Seamus sees the small gathering at the front gates and is intrigued. He stops cleaning his sidearm and stand up, moving a few steps closer so he could comfortably be within earshot and leans against a nearby piece of scenery. Does this hillbilly have a job for us? Im starting to get itchy just waiting.It would be nice to fly again.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 88

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak has spent the last few days working out on the gym, working on his swordplay or catching up with Lux. He is entertaining Wolf's idea of creating a small arms range at their compound. It isn't the worst idea I've heard. Everyone can always use a bit of practice with their pistols. He has been paying for a lot of pizza lately the last few days. Time to do something.

When the simpleton arrives with the letter, he just listens. "Wolf read the letter out loud!" Spirits, I hope he can actually read.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:58 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
[*](Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)[/list]
[*]Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
  • 360° scanning capability
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/list]



Wolf nods to Wak, "Sure, Wak." Is he testing you again?...No might just be that he can't read...that would be interesting to find out that Wak cant read. You should test that in the future...Maybe.

Wolf opens the letter and reads its contents aloud...as long as it is written in American.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:29 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 12:10 pm
Temperature: 72 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: Nothing to mention.


Wolf wonders if the request to read the letter out loud is a test but decides to do it anyway. He opens the envelope and by his best guess he can tell the single page inside has been handled before outside the envelope. Whether it was just by the author or by others after the fact he can not confirm.

Aloud he reads…

Wolf wrote: Roughnecks,

My name is Juan Cierva. I am writing this letter in hopes that you will be able to help me. I am aware you do not know who I am, but your reputation in my homelands is legendary. So much so, it has inspired my daughter to take up arms against the dark ones. Therefore, I am writing for your help. I will be traveling to Merctown directly after sending this letter to make my plea directly as I cannot be sure it will even make it to its destination. Please accept this as an introduction of a heart felt appeal. I will pray each day this request will not land on deaf ears.

My daughter has gone missing. This would not be something I would expect to ask the great roughnecks for help with except I know of no others better suited to help find her. I am hopefully you will see fit to help this old man find solace in the safety of his daughter once more before it is my time to pass on. I fear it may even be too late. I must stay hopeful otherwise I would have no reason to continue. I am not without wealth and I can pay handsomely for her return. These matters and the details I wish to discuss in person as I cannot be sure who may read this letter in transit.

Hopeful,

Juan Cierva



What are your intentions?
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 4;1d100 = 44


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



As Wolf finishes reading the letter he frowns slightly as he looks over the letter and the envelope again, "Odd. Fer someone who wants to meet us they didn't seem to leave a place to meet up. No return address or place where this person would be stayin'. I'm all fer making money and we havent had a good job fer a while. What do you say Wak? Should we hear him out...if we can find him?" I wonder why he didnt leave a meeting place. If this is as dire as he makes it out to be he should have set a location...or he could be on his way here once the boy returns to him. The boy was the expendable one sent to deliver the message to us. Once he reports success our potential employer should come to us...I hope you're right. Just having a job prospect is good. I hope the pay is good.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:59 pm

ROLLS HELD

John listens as Wolf reads the letter. "Vampires again? I thought we killed multiple intelligences? Ugh, need to get one of the water packs from those Northern Gun fire-fighter robots, I guess, assuming this guy can actually pay. Wood railgun rounds. Didn't we get screwed on the pay on our last Mexico job?"

Maybe some storm flares...

John pauses. "I like killing vampires. Anything where you destroy the boss and the army dies is hilarious."

Maybe a ritual where, if you kill Karl Prosek, the entire CS military dies!
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:24 pm

Perception 1d100 = 97 /42
JIC 1d20 = 2
JIC 1d100 = 89

Lux walked up as Wolf was reading aloud, just in time to hear a plea about someone's daughter having gone missing, and John's suspicions about vampires being involved. It has been awhile since I last faced down a vampire. Lux turned to Wakiza, as he always had a good perception about people, completely irrespective of his cybernetics. "What's your sense on this?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:39 pm

[rolls carried]

I know that dude. ”I know that Juan. He is a stand up employer. Good man, doesn’t tip well.” Seamus will rub his belly, where he caught the magical blasts a few days prior. I still need to get that damned armor repaired or find something better before my freshman outing as a Roughneck. Seamus smiles to himself at the thought of flying his Icarus in nothing but a pair of goggles and a speedo. ”He honored his contract to the letter. I still have the repair bill waiting for services rendered.” Seamus grins.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 6

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

What in the spirits? "Yes, we did kill a few of the bloodsucking intelligences, but I doubt we got them all. We did get ripped off down there, which is why Will and I were discussing how we are going to handle payments in the future. Half up front. Nothing we can do if he doesn't give us an address." After Lux speaks, "Not enough to go on, though I would be wary of a trap. Our enemies could use this as a way to lure us back down to Mexico." After Seamus says he knows the guy, "So you know him huh? You know where to find him? You think he is reliable?"
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:06 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 79
JIC:1d100 = 11|1d20 = 9

”I am certain he will honor the word of the contract.” Seamus once again thinks back to the solid hits he took to his abdomen to get the mans locket back. I really need to keep my engagements airborne. Possibly in an enclosed vehicle. These drugs do wonders to the reflexes, but I am no ground trooper. Let’s make sure I am not mistaken for one.

Seamus takes a moment to think before offering his opinion. ”He loves his daughter. Sent me against a whole slums gang just to get a locket carrying her likeness back. Thankfully their leather fetish got the best of them and I was able to end that contract with enough kudos to get recommended to you.”

Seamus continues to think, now knowing that his past employer is in fact a person of interest. ”I know he has money. Government levels of money. He hired me, a Juicer, for a personal bodyguard. Hourly rate mind you, and he only needed me for an evening!” Seamus stands more upright as he gets into his debrief. ”I escorted him to a place, what was it called? Erdano’s fashion?” Seamus shrugs. ”Too upscale for my experience. The clerk laughed at me. At least I think he did. He ordered a suit and then we left. Walking the town his locket was lifted by a pack of child-thieves. He insisted we track them and we located their hideout. I managed to recover his locket after downing one of their own. He put on some kind of cursed bracer and started shooting up the place.” Seamus shrugs. ”They gave me Juan’s locket and an e-clip for killing one of their own, then sent me on my way. Not long after returning the locket to Juan did he end my contract and send my recommendation to Fixer-Jones.”
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:17 pm

ROLLS HELD

"Wait, you killed a kid? Who had a leather fetish?"

John pauses, "What kind of leather? Did it look cool?"

That's not love, that's a man who doesn't like people taking what's 'his' and is willing to kill to make his point.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:29 pm

[Rolls Carried]

Seamus shrugs. ”It was some kind of set of arm bracers? I was negotiating with the head honcho and all of a sudden one of his guys started glowing and shooting blasts of energy at everyone in the warehouse. The gangster offered me Juans locket if I could put down their crazed friend. He said something about calling the college of magic to deal with it after giving me the locket and asking me to leave.” Seamus thinks back to the bracers themselves. I guess they were kind of awesome, in that ‘Knights of yesteryear’ kinda way. ”They looked impressive. A little more imposing than most leather armbraces I have seen, but nothing too ostentatious.”
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:40 pm

ROLLS HELD

John looks at Seamus for a beat, going over the seemingly disjointed information, "Wait, what? Was this sudden freak-out related to the locket?"

"Oh, leather arm things. Yeah, I can't wear those. They're kind of trying too hard usually, anyway. Like, are you using them to parry attacks? That would look cool, but otherwise you're just kind of sweating out of your wrists all day."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 100

"Wait, the leather arm bracer in the warehouse? The guild had me go pick it up for them. Said the first guy didn't complete the job. Guess that must have been you. Heh, those kids were begging me to get rid of it when I showed up. But then they got greedy and wanted payment. Told em to take it up with the guild but they wouldn't listen. Then I kicked their asses." Will smirks a little. "So, this Juan character is vouched for by the new guy, there's 'dark ones' involved who are not necessarily vampires, and he's on his way to see us. Sounds like something to do." Only so much book reading I can get done, I'm ready for a bit of action.

Will pulls Wakiza to the side momentarilly. "We talked about money. Specifically, a cool million each per job. If we include the Group Fund cut, that's 8 million. Do you think this guy's gonna have 8 hot ones for a daughter rescue? He's not here yet, but I'm thinking we might end up giving a slight price reduction to this guy. I'm all for making money, but holy hell do we need to get in the field. Thoughts?"
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:08 pm

Rolls Held
John Altfeld wrote:John looks at Seamus for a beat, going over the seemingly disjointed information, "Wait, what? Was this sudden freak-out related to the locket?"


"I dont think so. From what I gathered the group was running a small scale pick pocket ring. Juans locket was lifted and i tracked it to the warehouse. The bracers were already there. One of the thieves tried them on and then... got angry?" Seamus shrugs, not knowing anymore details. "He was in the back room when he started attacking his friends. Stormed out front and started shooting at me too."



”No, I knew nothing about any bracer when I went in there. I even offered to take the item off of their hands, but they wouldn’t have it. They insisted on holding onto it until a rep from the college showed up. Im guessing that was you? We must have missed each other by minutes.” That is one hell of a coincidence. I wonder who flaked on the college job?
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:12 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
[*](Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)[/list]
[*]Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
  • 360° scanning capability
  • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise
[/list]



Wolf listens to the story taking in the details. "Sounds like the kid deserved it. From what I hear Seamus was just defending himself is pursuit of his job. Nothing personal about it. Anyway sounds like we are going to meet this previous employer of yours." Wolf laughs quietly as Will now has a tie in to this whole situation. Well if that isn't some of the most convenient set of events I've ever seen...almost too convenient. Sounds like a trap...That's a lot of work for a trap. There are much easier ways to set a trap for a group like us...I dont like it...I'm not going unarmed so quit your worrying.

Wolf looks at Will, I'm all about the money, but if it makes you feel better tell him our normal price is 1.25 mil per person plus the group fund and tell him we will discount it to an even mil for him. Not like he would know ahead of time what our going rate is. That way we still get our rate and he thinks he got a discount."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 67
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 64

Jack as he listens to the letter and seeing there might be a new Job gets Excited, for a while at least. Then they mention Vampires? Crap, Crapinoid, Crapola this can’t be happening again. The last time we were down there they took almost all we had and kicked us out of the area.

When Wak mentions getting Ripped Off! Jack speaks Up, “Hell we ended up with Jack shit. And I’m the Jack.”
Wak If we take this job we need to know what were facing. But you know me I’ll go with ya. Make sure no one gets be hide you.”


Jack is not thrilled, Nxla vampires and more Vamps, ye that is all we need.
"Just make sure we are prepared and we get the money. sorry boss I know keep my mouth shut."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:39 pm

ROLLS HELD

John laughs. "Evil leather! That's very funny!" Then he looks suspiciously at his pants.

"I guess we'll see what else we find out when this guy shows up. Half of a job's payout is about who we're hitting. We can always make it worthwhile as long as the target has valuable equipment and we can piece the armor together carefully afterwards. Left arm gone, right arm gone, no helmet, etcetera."


"Wait, where'd Will go? Oh, he's doing 'big boy talking' with the Commander." John makes air quotes.

He looks at Jack, and says, "Hey Jack, is there a way to... filter your powers so you can shoot water? Because, uh, you're not so hot against the undead."

"...either am I, actually. They're so misty."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 am

(((Rolls Carried Over)))

Jack Responds to john, "Yea, ordinary undead, like regular zombies I can take down. But those juiced up wankers we encountered, they were not playing by the Bursters Rugby Rules for sure. we need special weapons for them vampiers Silver be good, wood, Holy things. In Australia, we had crossbows with wooden arrows, I had one that worked of compressed Air and had a multishot Magazine."

Jack continues, "Maybe we could fit a large water tank on top of the Romper Stomper."
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:06 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 12:25 pm
Temperature: 72 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: Nothing to mention.


The team trades stories, discusses pay and ponders what Juan meant by "dark ones" and how they can be prepared. John walks around skeptically wondering if his new leather pants are about to turn him evil any moment, but resides to a simple thought, "Nothing that looks this good could ever be evil."

In the midst of the discussion alerts go off that the group has another visitor at the gates.

What are your intentions
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 97

As Will discusses the hypothetical financial situation of the upcoming mission with Wakiza and Wolf, he hears the proximity alarm sound again. "This'll have to wait. We've got company."

Will strolls over to the gates to meet the visitor in front of the Garage. When they present themselves, Will says "Welcome to the Roughnecks Compound. What can we do for you?"
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:54 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

A man stands before Will, well dressed, and composed. "My name is Juan. I am hear to address my request of services with the team. Can I come in?" As Juan asks the question he looks around. Will is unable to tell if the man is scared or anxious but something is off and he clearly is not comfortable standing there. "You received my letter?," he asks as he looks through the gate.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 4;1d100 = 22


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise


Wolf follows Will outside to see who is at the gate this time. That kid better not want a tip. Already gave him the best advice he'll get in his life...That would be unfortunate wouldn't it. Its been a rather interesting day so far though...Yes it has, luckily no one has tried to kill me in a while...the day is still young.

Hannibal wrote:Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

A man stands before Will, well dressed, and composed. "My name is Juan. I am hear to address my request of services with the team. Can I come in?" As Juan asks the question he looks around. Will is unable to tell if the man is scared or anxious but something is off and he clearly is not comfortable standing there. "You received my letter?," he asks as he looks through the gate.


Wolf stops mid step, eyes narrowed, he looks for things that may be out of place. That was much too fast. We just got the letter, and he looks uncomfortable...I'm glad to see you are taking this seriously...I don't like the timing or how he looks really nervous. Wolf looks at the area behind and around Juan for anything amiss.

Wolf continues walking to the gate. He keeps his pace casual but he is ready for something to go sideways. Wolf stops about 100 feet away and holds the letter above his head for a moment, "You mean this letter? Ya we got it. Why don't you recite it for me, so I know who I'm really talking to." Wolf will tuck the letter in his back pocket while covertly making sure his Thunderguns are accessible in their holsters.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:50 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

The man looks at wolf and sighs, "I had hoped there would be some professionalism." The man looks around again, "Although, in my current situation I can appreciate, shall we say, a cautious hand. Now, as for reciting word for word, I would not attempt to do so. I wrote this letter better than 7 month ago as a simple introduction and have been following it from a distance ever since. I have not read it or seen the words since penning it the night before I sent it. In the letter I included a plea for help and an acknowledgment that I felt the roughnecks had the appropriate history to help me."

Juan looks around some more, "I would truly love to discuss the matter in much, much greater detail. If we could do it somewhere, a little more discreet. That may be best." The man straightens up looks wolf up and down a bit, "I can of course appreciate if this isn't your type of assignment. If this is indeed the case, I'll be on my way."
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 am

ROLLS HELD

John finishes worrying about his pants and sees the huddle at the front gate.

"Hola, me llamo es Juan tambien. Que tal?"

"We'd love to hear more about your problemas, but you're going to have to cross that threshold uninvited, senor. Too many things take an invitation as a way to murder people in their sleep. We've got a pool and spare trunks, though!"

YES! Learning Spanish to spy on Minerva's conversations was an excellent use of time!

If the man is able to enter the compound uninvited, John leads him poolside, gives him a beer and tries to get Will and Wakiza ushered into nearby chairs.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:08 pm

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

When John interjects the man smiles, "Your accent is horrible." Juan laughs and looks John up and down, then stops laughing, "Those pants though, those are wonderful. You must tell me who your tailor is." Finishing the compliment Juan smiles at John, sides steps both him and wolf and crosses the threshold of the compound. He nods to John, "Satisfied?"

The man follows John to the pool and has a seat, when offered a beer he says, "Do you have a Dos Equis? I don't always drink beer, but when I do, well you know." Sitting there looking around the compound he says, "This is a very interesting, property you have here. Not quite what I had pictured." With only the briefest of pauses he says, "I am glad you are aware of the dark ones limitations, but truly, I don't think that the threshold of a piece of land is the same as the threshold of a building. Never the less, I have not intentions of, killing you in your sleep." He finishes the last bit with a slightly sarcastic tone, setting his eyes firmly on John.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 97
JIC:1d100 = 94|1d20 = 16

John Altfeld wrote:He looks at Jack, and says, "Hey Jack, is there a way to... filter your powers so you can shoot water? Because, uh, you're not so hot against the undead."


Seamus' ear burns as he catches part of John's question to Jack. What the hell is good against vampires?"What is effective against vampires? I don't have much experience; most of my combat sorties have been against the Xiticix and renegade CS units." Seamus is fulley aware that making a fool of himself on his first outing would be a horrendous way to start his mercenary career.

Hannibal wrote:Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

A man stands before Will, well dressed, and composed. "My name is Juan. I am hear to address my request of services with the team. Can I come in?" As Juan asks the question he looks around. Will is unable to tell if the man is scared or anxious but something is off and he clearly is not comfortable standing there. "You received my letter?," he asks as he looks through the gate.


The Juicer's attention is quickly grabbed by the newcomer to the Roughneck compound. Well Ill be... I did not actually believe he would be showing up so soon. Seamus will take a step towards the man and offer him a friendly wave. "Hey there, long time no see. Must have been an important trip to turn around and return here so quickly." He will offer his hand to Juan, if the man seems to recognize his one-time bodyguard. "Thanks for the referral. This new outfit is pretty well stocked."
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:44 pm

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot.

John finishes getting beer for Juan, points at his pants and says, "I got these from the best leather place in MercTown!" He gives contact details, continuing, "But you have to bring in any exotic hides. I must say I'm a big admirer of your suit. I don't know what Dos Equis is, but we have beer. Here you go!"

The first beer John gives Juan is a Dragon's Head (10% ABV). For himself, he pulls out a six-pack of Slam, also made by Dragon's Head Brewery for supernatural beings. If Juan goes through his first beer, John offers him a Slam to follow up.

Did that guy just threaten to kill me? Juan is great!

When Will and Wak come over, John gets out of the way, leaning up against the wall near the rest of the team.

To Seamus's inquiry, he says in low tones, "Oh, you know Mexico John?"

Vampires? I mean, the standard stuff - magic and silver. They're kind of more powerful and differently abled at the same time? Wood also works, but the only way to perma-kill them is water or sunlight or a really annoying stake/behead/burn process. Don't they teach you anything in the Coalition?!?"

Then he stares at Seamus. "Hey, why DID you leave the CS anyway?"
Last edited by John Altfeld on Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Rolls Held

”The Coalition only briefs you on what they deem is operationally warranted. Compartmentalize everything outside of CS media and their citizens tend to believe everything they are told.” Seamus grumbles, obviously no love lost with his past employers. ”I have been briefed on the Xiticix and a number of a smaller paramilitary outfits the CS deemed worth their attention- until they were dealt with.” Water? Like we could get a fire truck and drive it down there? that sounds fun. ”I think NG has a decent firefighting hover vehicle, and don’t they have a ‘bot that is made for fighting fires? Lets get one or two of those...”

Seamus trails on as he thinks about Johns second question. Would I have left the CS if they didn’t fuck me over? Probably not. They never gave me a reason too; Until now. ”One of my bosses was using my team to do his dirty work. Apparently, a lot of it was not authorized by the higher ups. He tried to cover his tracks and kill all of us when we realized what was happening.” Seamus smirks and motions to his injection rig. ”The man wanted an unstoppable kill team and he got one. I managed to escape an ambush meant for all of us. It helps when you can dodge missiles.” Seamus’ smirk falters slightly. ”Last I saw on the CS news boards, I was a wanted man for ‘betraying the state’. I was juiced to be expendable.” Seamus shrugs slightly.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 30/30 | Body:17/38
Right Arm: 18/18 | Left Arm:18/18
Right Leg:24/24 | Left Leg:24/24
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 8 1d100 = 36

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

William Summers wrote:Will pulls Wakiza to the side momentarilly. "We talked about money. Specifically, a cool million each per job. If we include the Group Fund cut, that's 8 million. Do you think this guy's gonna have 8 hot ones for a daughter rescue? He's not here yet, but I'm thinking we might end up giving a slight price reduction to this guy. I'm all for making money, but holy hell do we need to get in the field. Thoughts?"


Wak shakes his head? "Always depends on the job, and the jobs we usually get . . . well, I wouldn't consider leaving town for less than a million each. Like we discussed before, half up front from now on, right? That last mission down south really screwed us over. Figure our price is anywhere from one to two million a piece. Seriously depends on the details."

As Juan shows up, "Why the letter if you were just going to stop by?" Wak activates Telepathy superior (-8 isp) to listen in and determine the man's truthfulness. Wak will dig around for any details regarding his daughter's abduction. If he senses the man is holding back, he will look into why. He will also determine the man's ability to pay. Better safe than sorry from now on. "What are the details of the job, be very specific. What is the pay?"
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:05 am

Perception 1d100 = 39 /42
JIC 1d20 = 18
JIC 1d100 = 56

Lux joins the group out at the pool as Wak was inquiring about Juan's appearance at the compound. The energy in the air is palpable. A mix of excitement over the prospect of work and trepidation over the uncertainty of the visitor's true motives. A little distrust can be a healthy feeling when it comes to self-preservation. Turning to Juan "Start from the beginning. Who has your daughter?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 62/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 2;1d100 = 13


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf nods to Juan and John as Juan crosses the threshold without invitation. I'll have to remember that for later...John seems well versed in vampires and undead...indeed.

Wolf walks with Juan and John to the pool but will remain away from the water leaning up against the nearest post. Hearing the others get into the details about the job Wolf hangs back and observes. Taking in Juan's responses to the questions posed.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 92
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 88

Jack listens to all that is going on, and can't believe that this Juan is talking about Johns pants!
"John my friend your pants are ok don't worry about them."

He is glad that Juan ask to go inside where there would be a bit more privacy. He waits for the bosses to move the meeting inside. and he wonder if wants the others in there.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 97

Will nods to Wak's answer to his question about money. "Got it. If he doesn't have the dough, we turn him away and go back to the pizza party."

Will hangs back from the greeters that originally find Juan at the gate. He joins the waltz to the pool and stands, observant, over the chat between John and Juan. When Wakiza inquires more specifically about the nature of the job, Will patiently awaits the response. While he waits, he checks on Juan's aura to get a feel for what he is.


See Aura
Code: Select all
[list][*]Experience: Low (1-3), Medium (4-7), or High (8+)
[*]Presence of Magic?: Yes or No
[*]Presence of Psionics?: Low (minor) or High (Major or Master)
[*]PPE: Low or High
[*]Presence of Possessing Entity?: Yes or No
[*]Health: Sick, injured or completely well
[*]Aberration? (Serious illness or mutant/D-Bee, demon, etc): Yes or No[/list]
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:52 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 12:35 pm
Temperature: 72 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: Nothing to mention.


Seamus Finch wrote:The Juicer's attention is quickly grabbed by the newcomer to the Roughneck compound. Well Ill be... I did not actually believe he would be showing up so soon. Seamus will take a step towards the man and offer him a friendly wave. "Hey there, long time no see. Must have been an important trip to turn around and return here so quickly." He will offer his hand to Juan, if the man seems to recognize his one-time bodyguard. "Thanks for the referral. This new outfit is pretty well stocked."


When Seamus arrives in the compound and addresses Juan he casually stands and extends his hand. ”I had hoped my recommendation would lead you hear. The truth Mr. Finch is that I did not leave Merctown. As we will soon discuss I have reason to keep my general whereabouts and travel as secret as possible. After shaking Seamus’ hand he takes his seat and is delighted when John returns but is slightly confused.

John Altfeld wrote:CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot.
John finishes getting beer for Juan, points at his pants and says, "I got these from the best leather place in MercTown!" He gives contact details, continuing, "But you have to bring in any exotic hides. I must say I'm a big admirer of your suit. I don't know what Dos Equis is, but we have beer. Here you go!"


Juan take the beverage from John and nods, ”I a sure what you have provided will be most enjoyable. Than you.” Juan places the beer on the table in front of him and cocks his head slightly, ”It seems sir, your tailor may have fashioned you pants a bit tighter than my liking. I would definitely have to make mention that this is not my style if I ever visit him.”

John and Seamus begin discussing the CS and Seamus’ experience with them. Juan retrieves his beer and takes a sip while he listens intently. ”It is my experience that a good leader will truly know who is expendable and who isn’t.” He adds to the conversation off handidly. And looks to Jack when he comments on John’s pants, ”A bit tight though, no? I hadn’t noticed it at first, but returning with our drinks, I noticed it now.”

Wakiza wrote:As Juan shows up, "Why the letter if you were just going to stop by?" Wak activates Telepathy superior (-8 isp) to listen in and determine the man's truthfulness. Wak will dig around for any details regarding his daughter's abduction. If he senses the man is holding back, he will look into why. He will also determine the man's ability to pay. Better safe than sorry from now on. "What are the details of the job, be very specific. What is the pay?"


When Wak shows up Juan stands, ”Well, I was beginning to wonder when the business would get started.” He reaches out his hand to great Wak then has a seat. ”A great question sir.” His hand raises to his chin as the group can see him in thought and he says, ”So much to tell, I have a hard time knowing where to start.”
Lux BaghDach wrote: Turning to Juan "Start from the beginning. Who has your daughter?"


”Yes, yes, my dear. From the start. My daughter. Alejandra was an amazing girl all through her youth. Strong headed, and curious. She always wanted to know how everything worked. Determined in everything she did. As a woman she is no different. In our home we deal with the dark ones in our daily lives. Survival depends on knowing certain things.” Pointing to John he says, ”Like knowing who you should and shouldn’t invite into your home.”

Juan takes a drink from the beer and continues, ”As my Alejandra grew older she grew more and more angry with living to survive. She wanted more. She wanted to live with no fear. She would here stories of groups fighting back against the dark ones. Brave people like Reid and yourselves, willing to stand against them. These stories empowered her. They made her feel she could and should do something herself. I pleaded with her; she had no special powers to face them. She would tell me her courage and intelligence was power enough.”

Juan’s shoulder’s drop, ”One day she left, I was oh so worried about her and then the letters started to arrive. She wanted me to know she was alright. She let me know that she had found out the dark ones were expanding their influence. They had a new strategy. She was working from the inside to find out as much as she could. Over a couple months’ time she had started writing less and started to express concerns that they might be figuring out her motives. The newer letter had left me with and uneasy feeling. Then one final letter came with none following.” Juan reaches into his pocket and pulls out a letter. He starts to read it.

Code: Select all
Father,

I know you have not approved of my life choice. Please know I must do this. I cannot live with myself knowing the evil that is out there. I have found a nest. They are moving north. People need to know. I am so close to finding out how they are doing it. So close papa.

I now know it was always my destiny to stop them. I am writing to let you know that I have always loved you and I appreciate everything you have done for me in life. If things should go wrong, don't be sad poppa. I am living my best life, doing what is right and just.

I am concerned they know about me. That they know I have been writing you. I don’t know for sure. Be careful. They may be watching you.

With all my love, be at peace.

Alejandra


When he finishes reading he letter he puts it on the table in front of him and takes another drink of the beer. ”I don’t know if she stopped writing because she was afraid it would lead them to me. Or if…” He trails off silently. Looking back up at the group he continues.

”Not knowing if I was being watched I decided I had to find out. I decided I too must do something. I did not want to seek help locally. I didn't know who I could trust. I still don't. I needed to know if I was indeed being watched and followed. I needed to know if my correspondence was being intercepted. So, I sent my letter of introduction here. After a few days, I followed the letter the best I could. To see where and when it changed hands along the way.” The man lets out a deep harrumph, ”Unfortunately the letter changed hands more often than I would have liked. The delivery service did not put it in the best care. If this was intentional or not, I do not know. If I am being followed and watched, I am still not sure. From time to time, the chills will raise the little hairs on my arms, and I will get a feeling someone is watching. If it is the paranoid illusions of an old man, I don’t know. The only thing I do know is that my daughters final letter came from a place called New Nashville.”

Juan takes a final sip from the beer, shakes it to verify the contents are indeed gone then sets the empty can on the table next to the letter. He looks around at the group waiting on a response.

Wak’s Telepathy
Wak doesn’t hear much extraneous thought, the man seems to be speaking directly and truthfully, you get no sence that he is holding anything back. One thought pops in when he is speaking, ” As a woman she is no different”I hope she still is. and ” Or if…”she is dead Deep in his thoughts you see brief details of him in banks, you see brief details of a silver mine. You get details of a wealthy life. He has no details of an abduction, if one happened or why she stopped writing. You sense in him a deep love and devotion to Alejandra.


See Aura Answers Will
  • Experience: High (8+)
  • Presence of Magic?: No
  • Presence of Psionics?: None Senced
  • PPE: Low (That of a normal Human)
  • Presence of Possessing Entity?: No
  • Health: He has the health of an aged Man. He is well, no major issues detected
  • Aberration? (Serious illness or mutant/D-Bee, demon, etc): None


What are your intensions?
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 32

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot

John quietly gets Mexico John another beer and doesn't even try to slip him a Slam instead.

I'm an excellent negotiating assistant!

Then he raises his hand. "Um, just in the interest of full disclosure. You keep saying 'dark ones' and I'd like to confirm that you mean vampires and not, like, shadow demons or it's some kind of racist thing. Because I'm not cool with that."

New Nashville. If that's where Nashville used to be, should be an easy couple hours up the river. Hard to get lost. Stupid trees being too tall.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 63

Conditions:
-Telepathy Superior
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

He seems pretty straightforward? "Sounds like you daughter is a courageous woman. It take a lot of guts to stand up to bloodsuckers. Hard for a lot of people to even comprehend that level of supernatural evil, let alone to decide to step up and fight against it. Does she have any combat training? Magic? Psionics?" Wak looks down at the letter and says, "do you mind?" He picks it up, focuses, and attempts an Object Read (-6 isp) on it.

*Object Read: Impressions - 1d100 = 100 / 72%
*Object Read: Images - 1d100 = 45 / 64%
*Object Read: Present - 1d100 = 35 / 54%

He will mull over what he senses and reveals it shortly. "Do you have a picture of your daughter we could have? What is it you want us to do exactly?" Wak listens intently. Assuming it is a an extraction or even better just a location, he says, "Okay the charge is one million per person plus a million for the group. That is 8 million creds. Half up front. If the mission ends up being more extensive that what you have revealed or what you even know, there will be up to a 50% additional fee on top of the 8 million."

Wak looks at Will and then Lux, "Hard to believe a large group of vamps have migrated this far north. Too many rivers to cross and the weather is unpredictable."
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:21 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

John Altfeld wrote:Then he raises his hand. "Um, just in the interest of full disclosure. You keep saying 'dark ones' and I'd like to confirm that you mean vampires and not, like, shadow demons or it's some kind of racist thing. Because I'm not cool with that."


Juan notices the new beer and immediately nods and says, "Thank you." he listens to John's question and replies, "Yes, of course. Vampires. The scourge of the southern lands."

Wakiza wrote:He seems pretty straightforward? "Sounds like you daughter is a courageous woman. It take a lot of guts to stand up to bloodsuckers. Hard for a lot of people to even comprehend that level of supernatural evil, let alone to decide to step up and fight against it. Does she have any combat training? Magic? Psionics?" Wak looks down at the letter and says, "do you mind?" He picks it up, focuses, and attempts an Object Read (-6 isp) on it.

He will mull over what he senses and reveals it shortly. "Do you have a picture of your daughter we could have? What is it you want us to do exactly?" Wak listens intently. Assuming it is a an extraction or even better just a location, he says, "Okay the charge is one million per person plus a million for the group. That is 8 million creds. Half up front. If the mission ends up being more extensive that what you have revealed or what you even know, there will be up to a 50% additional fee on top of the 8 million."

Wak looks at Will and then Lux, "Hard to believe a large group of vamps have migrated this far north. Too many rivers to cross and the weather is unpredictable."


"Straight to the point sir. I can appreciate that. I usually like to know who I am negotiating with before hand, but in respect for time. I will give you 3 million up front. This should be more than enough to front the travel and supplies needed to make your way to New Nashville. If you retrieve my daughter, I will pay an additional 10 million credits. If and only if you retrieve her. Anything short of that, would be failure." Juan's face hardens and it is easy to tell that he is hard set on his offer.

"Now, maybe introductions."

Wak's Telepathy
"but in respect for time" - So much has passed already


Wak's Object Read
*Object Read: Impressions - Invalid dice code! / 72% - You get no impression from the letter(failed roll)
*Object Read: Images - Invalid dice code! / 64% - You see an image of a woman in a small room, she looks to be writing the letter. She is slender, dark hair and pretty. In the room around her it seems pretty bare, not many personal items. It almost seems like a room in an old run down inn.
*Object Read: Present - Invalid dice code! / 54% - (-4 additional ISP), - You see the same woman from the image, she is alone in a room. The room is different than what you saw in the image. She is alive, she seems scared and apprehensive but calm. You hear a knock and a voice, "Jameson wants to speak to you." The vision fades
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 3;1d100 = 58


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf listens for the most part as he is not a leader. That is not to say his mind is not turning or thinking on the possible job. Vampires this far north. And that is very east from where they usually are...You were lucky you never came across them directly...yes I was. I'm sure some of my jobs were likely furthering their cause...You will need to be more selective in the future...Will I? I seem to recall the money being good. But I have found a disdain for the undead. Damn. 13 mil total? Oh but only if we deliver the girl...That was to be expected...I wonder if he still wants her if she has been turned.

Wolf speaks up his tone even and mildly inquisitive, "Sir, I am Wolf. We met at the gate. I can understand your desire to get your daughter back. To that end I have a question for you. If we are able to find her and she has been turned into a vampire...did you still want us to bring her back to you? And if so then would you like it alive or dead?" Wolf pauses for a moment to let the man answer. Its obvious to all that Wolf seems to lack empathy in his question. Wolf is dry and to the point.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:55 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf speaks up his tone even and mildly inquisitive, "Sir, I am Wolf. We met at the gate. I can understand your desire to get your daughter back. To that end I have a question for you. If we are able to find her and she has been turned into a vampire...did you still want us to bring her back to you? And if so then would you like it alive or dead?" Wolf pauses for a moment to let the man answer. Its obvious to all that Wolf seems to lack empathy in his question. Wolf is dry and to the point.


The man turns to look at wolf as he begins asking his question and his eyes begin to sadden at the mention of his daughter turning. As Wolf finishes the question though he can see a fire in his eyes as he stands angrily, "It? You dare? That is my daughter you are speaking about sir! You would do good to remember that! The offer is to return her Alive. Should you find her any other way, I would expect proof that it is in fact the way you found her. Should she succumb to any of your hands," he says now looking around at all of the roughnecks. "That would not be grounds for completing our arrangement."

Juan sits down, "If she has been turned, I want her brought to me. I want to know if there is a shred of her left. I alone will make the final decision. Do you all understand?" Juan sits back in the chair, reaches for the new beer John brought and takes a deep swig.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am


Return to The Roughnecks Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest