A plea for help

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 87
JIC:1d100 = 65|1d20 = 2

If I got half a mil to prep for this mission I could possibly get a suit of Power Armor.. yeah right.

”Was your daughter traveling with anyone of note? Did she associate with any groups of mercenaries or tactical units regularly?” Seamus will shrug slightly while he offers his two cents to the conversation. ”Any other leads beyond the name of the town she was investigating might prove useful. She is a capable woman from all you have shared already; I am sure she kept capable friends.”

The Juicer ponders the logistics of possibly bringing an unwilling prisoner out of a almost guaranteed hostile situation. ”We would need a means of sedating her; Can you knock a vampire out?” The juicer ponders while asking no one in particular. ”Or large enough and strong enough box… Y’know back before my Juicing days we transported some Dinosaurs from the swamp down south to up north. No idea why. They used some sort of psychic I think to keep the beasts docile. Kept them nice and docile during the flight.”
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 44

At the mention of money, Will does some quick math (Basic Math: 1d100 = 19/103%) in his head. 3 mil up front gets us 375,000 creds each at the start which is definitely less than 500,000 creds, but if we retrieve her, we end up with 10 mil bonus credits and that puts us at 1,625,000 creds a piece, which is a LOT more than the 1 mil we would have ended up with each. Wak's 50% bonus would have put us at 12 mil, but this surpasses that by a cool million even if things don't go haywire. Which they will. Merc Life.

"We'll take the job. If we bring your daughter back and she has turned, we'll still need that additional 10 mil. You can call me The Wanderer, XO of the Roughnecks. Nice to meet you, Juan. What was your surname?" Will reaches out and shakes the man's hand. "That's Blackhoof, CO of our crew. That's Pebbles, our scout. Volcano, pyro. The Wolf, guns. Nightengale, vehicles. Nomad, power."

Once the introductions are complete, Will asks "Any other information we should know before starting this mission?" Lots of preparation to be done. Gonna need a lot of wood.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 34

Conditions:
-Telepathy Superior
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak nods, "I still need a picture of your daughter. As for introductions, well, you came to us. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof, CO of this group. The contract is reasonable, so we will do what we can, and try to get her back here to you? Dead, alive, or something in between, we get the additional 10 mil. Please answer my earlier questions. Also, what do you know of this New Nashville? Have you been there? Any contacts there? Do you know someone named Jameson?" He looks at Will, "my sense right now is that she is still alive, but if she went looking for trouble without allies or training . . .?" Who knows how long she will stay that way?

He looks at Seamus, "We have fought plenty of bloodsuckers, if she has been turned and we can find her, transport is easy. You stake her, bring her back, then pull the stake out. She comes back to her unlife." He looks to Juan, "Sorry to be so blunt, but again, I don't believe that has happened. So there is a chance if we get moving soon."
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:31 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot

John nods when Wak accepts the deal, then winces at Seamus and Wolf.

"I'll start getting some of what we need together."

He points at Seamus and Wolf, "Come help me carry stuff."

And stop making the client upset or showing off ignorance about what we're about to fight. Respectively.

Then he heads out to buy necessary gear. "Radio if you need anything!"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:32 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 12:45 pm
Temperature: 72 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: Nothing to mention.


Seamus Finch wrote:”Was your daughter traveling with anyone of note? Did she associate with any groups of mercenaries or tactical units regularly?” Seamus will shrug slightly while he offers his two cents to the conversation. ”Any other leads beyond the name of the town she was investigating might prove useful. She is a capable woman from all you have shared already; I am sure she kept capable friends.”

The Juicer ponders the logistics of possibly bringing an unwilling prisoner out of a almost guaranteed hostile situation. ”We would need a means of sedating her; Can you knock a vampire out?” The juicer ponders while asking no one in particular. ”Or large enough and strong enough box… Y’know back before my Juicing days we transported some Dinosaurs from the swamp down south to up north. No idea why. They used some sort of psychic I think to keep the beasts docile. Kept them nice and docile during the flight.”


Juan looks to Seamus, ”She left quickly and without telling me. She knew of my disapproval of her getting involved. I fear she kept a lot hidden from me. I don’t have any other leads besides what I have already told you all. I apologize for the lack of knowledge. If I had more to give I would.”

As Seamus mentions Sedation and, specifically the word beasts the group can see tension growing in Juan’s eyes. He doesn’t say anything, but it is easy to see he does not like mention of these things when discussing his daughter.

William Summers wrote:"We'll take the job. If we bring your daughter back and she has turned, we'll still need that additional 10 mil. You can call me The Wanderer, XO of the Roughnecks. Nice to meet you, Juan. What was your surname?" Will reaches out and shakes the man's hand. "That's Blackhoof, CO of our crew. That's Pebbles, our scout. Volcano, pyro. The Wolf, guns. Nightengale, vehicles. Lux, power."

Once the introductions are complete, Will asks "Any other information we should know before starting this mission?" Lots of preparation to be done. Gonna need a lot of wood.


Juan rises to shake Will’s hand, ”It is good to meet you, wanderer. Yes, yes of course. Returned is returned. If you complete the task the 10 million credits is yours.” Juan nods politely to each of the other team members as Will introduces them.

Wakiza wrote:Wak nods, "I still need a picture of your daughter. As for introductions, well, you came to us. I am Sir Wakiza Blackhoof, CO of this group. The contract is reasonable, so we will do what we can, and try to get her back here to you? Dead, alive, or something in between, we get the additional 10 mil. Please answer my earlier questions. Also, what do you know of this New Nashville? Have you been there? Any contacts there? Do you know someone named Jameson?" He looks at Will, "my sense right now is that she is still alive, but if she went looking for trouble without allies or training . . .?" Who knows how long she will stay that way?

He looks at Seamus, "We have fought plenty of bloodsuckers, if she has been turned and we can find her, transport is easy. You stake her, bring her back, then pull the stake out. She comes back to her unlife." He looks to Juan, "Sorry to be so blunt, but again, I don't believe that has happened. So there is a chance if we get moving soon."


Juan reaches into his coat pocket and pulls a photo out. Reluctantly he hands it to Wak, ”This is the only photo I am carrying with me. I have many more at home, of course. Please keep it safe.” Juan’s eyes are saddened and soft. Juan reaches his hand out to Wak and says, ”Sir Blackhoof, Hold up your end of the bargain and I will keep mine. Alive, in any condition. Should you discover her any other way I am sure you can provide proof of such.”

The man sits back down and continues, ”My daughter has no training, nothing remarkable about her besides her tenacious attitude. No magics or psionics. This is why I was so apposed to her desire to get involved.” Juan sighs and lowers his head, ”If only children would listen and accept the lessons already learned by their parents.” He looks back up at Wak and says, ”New Nashville? I have no idea. I have never been there and I don’t know anyone there either. I sent a scout named Eduardo to find the place. He left a few days before I sent the letter. I have yet to hear from him.”

When Wak aske Juan if he knows Jameson he replies, ”I have no knowledge of any one named Jameson. May I know why you ask?” At the mention she is still alive, Juan’s eyes grow grow large and hopeful. ”Is this a gut feeling Sir Blackhoof, or do you have a reason for this belief. I too, feel, she is alive. I feel, that if she had passed, I would know, deep inside.” When Wak mentions there is a chance Juan adds, "Yes, yes! Will you leave immediately?"
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:59 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 67
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 27

It looks like the team is moving to take the Job,

Jack looks at Seamus., "got Dinos here too? I got to see that!"

When William Introduces him, he nods and lifts his hand. The mentions of cities here is useless to the Aussie. He is still a bit concerned on the vampire part of this. He begins to think of things that might help,

Water, that Sunblade they mentioned, wood stakes, wood rounds and more wood like, Good old logs with a grenade inside. Need water and plenty of it. Silver everything. Defense wise Garlic, Cross and ?

At Wak’s mention of the Daughter being alive. Well that is a good thing to know.

"You want to load up the Romper Stomper with a Water trailer,and water tank and spray nozzle?"
Last edited by Jack Killian on Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 4

Conditions:
-Telepathy Superior
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak nods to Juan, "Thank you for the picture, it will be helpful. Yes, it is more than a gut feeling. I saw her through the letter." He points to his head. "She was alive, calm, and someone named Jameson wanted to see her." No need to tell him that she was scared.

Wak nods regarding heading out, "We need to pick up a few items to prepare ourselves, then we will be off to find Alejandra." Wak looks at the team, "Okay, gear up and be back here in two hours ready to go." Wak takes a picture with his camera of each member of the team and this Juan. He also takes a few pics of the compound. "Can you hand over the 3 million, so my team can pick up supplies. You can stay here if you wish, we will be right back." Wak heads to pick up a few items and food, then returns.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 27

"Well then, on our honor as a mercenary group, you have our word that you will receive your daughter or proof of your daughter's...inability to return." Will treads carefully during the pause, having seen Juan's face when his daughter was spoken of unreasonably. "Alright Roughnecks, get your gear sorted! Someone get Dave to fire up the Pathfinder! We're going back to Vamp land."

Will heads to his room to sort through his equipment to figure out what to bring. Useless, no effect, oooh that's a good one... He comes out fully kitted out and bearing gifts.

"Wolf. Put these on." He hands the gunslinger a ring and an amulet.

For Wolf
Code: Select all
[b]Ring of Eyes of the Wolf[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/07/03/20170703083803-14776b53.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Rare Enchanted Ring[/i]
[u]Magic Features[/u]
[list]Nightvision: 60'
[*]Duration: 35 minutes
[*]Uses per day: 2[/list][/size]

[b]See the Invisible Amulet[/b]
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2019/01/25/20190125141900-383bd07a.png[/img]
[size=85][i]Uncommon Amulet[/i]
[u]Magic Effect:[/u]
[list][*]Enables the wearer of the medallion to see the invisible (200')[/list]
Curse: (if any)
History: (if any)[/size]
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 45/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 17;1d100 = 85


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise


Wolf grabs the little extra gear he needs and makes sure his saddle bags and Cavalry armor are properly secured to Dusty, his horse. Wolf will move Dusty into the Pathfinder storage area to make traveling easier. When Will hands Wolf the Items and dog tags Wolf tips his head to Will, "Thank you. I'll put these to good use." Wolf pulls a chain from his neck and begins sliding the Dog Tag talismans on the chain giving company to it's previous occupant and mis-fired .44 cal round. That's a lot of good stuff he just gave you...Yup. These should make us even more deadly then we already are...deadly to normal people, not so much to the undead...I know. I really hate the undead. such inconvenient enemies...Well you should be more effective then you were last time...I was effective last time...Not so much. But between those wood rounds for the new pistol and the thunderguns you should have a chance...You're all optimism.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 73
JIC:1d100 = 97|1d20 = 6
Pilot: Hovercraft (ground) vs 75%:1d100 = 23: Get familiar with the groups ride.
Mechanics Engineer vs 40%:1d100 = 14: Getting to know my new ride.
Weapons Systems vs 65%:1d100 = 85: Getting to know the weapons on the ARTV
Sensory Equipment vs 50%:1d100 = 37: Systems Check
Electronics:Basic vs 40%:1d100 = 93:Familiarizing myself with the ARTV’s systems.

Jack Killian wrote:Jack looks at Seamus., "got Dinos here too? I got to see that!"

Seamus nods. ”Mostly to the southeast, but they are all over the continent. I’ve heard rumors of some crazy tribes way down south that ride the more dangerous carnivores into battle. Couldn’t say if that’s just hearsay or fact.” I wonder if I could ride one of those big flying ones? It would probably try to eat me.

Wakiza wrote:Wak looks at the team, "Okay, gear up and be back here in two hours ready to go."

Nice! We are officially on the clock. That much money should nab me some descent gear in town. Maybe try out some Naruni tech… what’s an affordable Rail Gun for some wooden ammo?”Roger that boss.”

William Summers wrote: "Alright Roughnecks, get your gear sorted! Someone get Dave to fire up the Pathfinder! We're going back to Vamp land."


"Don't worry, Ill handle the transport. The more familiar I am with it, the better if I am going to be able to get as much out of the machine as possible." Seamus had been eyeing the ARTV for a day or so now. He hadn't actually begun familiarizing himself with it, but now that they were working towards getting mission ready, he was quick to jump on the opportunity.

New armor, some basic supplies. We can be back within the hour and have all the ready checks done by the time Wakiza is ready to depart. Seamus does his best to beat the timeline Wakiza set forth, wasting no time in gathering the supplies and gear he deems necessary for a successful mission. He will borrow 5 E-Clips and LE-Clips from the group armory for backups, just in case.

Once his Icarus is stowed in the ATRV along with the rest of his gear, Seamus will shower before inhaling a large meal and then donning his new Naruni armor. He will then make his way back to the ATRV and begin the basic checks and run-throughs needed to ensure a combat vehicle is ready for operation. Seamus will que the radio to the Roughnecks group frequency. ”This is Nightingale. Your transport is ready for departure. The engines are hot with primary and secondary systems primed. Just waiting on the band.”
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:57 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

Juan Reaches into his jacket and pull out a cred stick. "You will find what you need on here!" he looks around at the group of mercs busily discussing preparations and turns back to Wak. "I appreciate the offer to stay, but I will be on my way." He reaches his hand out and finishes, "Thank you! Please bring her back. She is everything to me. I don't know how much longer I can live without her." He lets go of Wak's hand and finishes with, "I wil have eyes watching for your return to Merctown. When you do, I will make my way back here to retrieve my daughter and complete our transaction."

Finalizing the transaction and with no other questions to answer Juan makes his way out of the Roughneck compound.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:54 pm

Jack makes his way to the Dockside: Otto's Automotive (219)

viewtopic.php?f=175&t=16836
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:08 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 12:55 pm
Temperature: 72 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: Nothing to mention.


The mercs disperse and begin to prepare for the journey. Jack leaves for Merctown to do some shopping. Seamus finishes a quick meal then heads to the ATRV and radios the team he is ready to go.

(OOC: I don't have much to push you guys forward with.)
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 95

John returns from shopping and fills up all the mundane water weapons and extra water tanks, then dumps all the water weapons and wood rounds in the ATRV, puts his robot rail rifle and ammo into the ATRV gun rack, dumps the "decision gear" into a corner of the hold for potential trade with locals, and loads up one of the spare NG 101 railguns with wood rounds. He then gets into his ogre-sized jumpsuit, grows to +5 feet and moves his wooden traveling box into one of the ATRV rooms.

"Hey Will, can you charge up this water cannon for me? I promise not to use it very often!"

Carrying his two swords crossed on his back and the Wilk's Laser Cannon on a sling, he then gets ready to move out.

"The plan is to follow the Cumberland river to the original location of Nashville and go from there. We already know from the whole Nxla thing that this boat doesn't like going through the woods around here, so the river's our best bet and it should be impossible to get lost. Follow me!"
As in their outing against Nxla and friends, John takes point, staying about a quarter mile ahead of the ATRV. He knows from the maps that the only potential trouble spot is where the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers split, so he's keeping an eye out for that.

Land Navigation -- 1d100 = 54 / 86%
Prowl -- 1d100 = 82 / 99%
Detect Concealment -- 1d100 = 53 / 61%
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 58 / 61%


Following the river, Paducah is approximately 150 miles from Nashville. "Considering our late start, we could get there in about three hours if we go at least 50. That should give us time to assess the local situation and set up base camp while we still have plenty of daylight."

When they reach Nasvhille or if it starts getting close to nightfall, he suggests that they find a sandbar or small island to plant the ATRV on in the middle of the river for the night.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 82
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 28


Jack heads out with the others. I grab my stuff and get in the ATRV, [b]"Hey William no Water tank trailers. Try saving up your spit, in a glass jar. Then we can toss it at those Vamps. Use a separate one for urine. it might not work but it will really piss them off!"/b]
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 81

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak picks up the few things that he can find. He packs his gear into the RV. He also grabs the TW water well and puts it in the RV. He strips down the WI-SR15 15mm Sniper Rifle and cleans it while waiting for the others.

Field Armorer & Munitions Expert-- 1d100 = 1 / 94%

As the others show up he will double check everyone and ask, "Did you new guys check out what you need from the armory? I grabbed the TW water well, so you might not need a water tanker. Will and Lux can you figure out how to operate that thing." When last minute tasks are done we will head out. "Seamus take the controls get us out of here." They will follow John as long as he seems to know where he is going. While traveling Wak will look at the picture of Alejandra and then put it away, He says over the radio, "I saw her alive and well, calm but scared, when I 'read' the letter. However, my abilities to locate her are more limited, so I will wait till we are in the city to do it. We should stop and park outside of the city and walk in, not loaded for bear. Let's do a little recon." He leans back and meditates to recover the little ISP he has expended so far.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Perception 1d100 = 44 /42%
JIC 1d100 = 63
JIC 1d20 = 19

It feels like the compound is buzzing in anticipation of leaving. So, we're really going to hunt vampires..? Lux began going through her mental to-do list of what she still needed to do before heading out.

Lux went to find Wak. "I'm not sure how soon we might need it, but it would be helpful if we could charge up the Energy Spheres before we go. Want to go with me?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 13;1d100 = 60


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf Locks down Dusty in the ARTV and waits for the others to arrive. Wolf notes Wak's proficiency with the break down of his rifle. Not bad. He knows what he is doing...Making note. Wak is highly proficient with sniper rifles...would you give it a rest. I'm sure I can remember that on my own...But you are likely to dismiss it. I must make sure you remember so you know not to let him take you by surprise.

During the ride Wolf will be quietly writing in his journal and making notes on things the group has mentioned hurts vampires and other undead. His lack of training on sensors or heavy weapons will keep him off any of the mounted weapons or sensor stations. If anyone approaches Wolf he will show them the notations about the undead he has encountered and what he has heard during the mission briefings about undead weaknesses.

When Wak comes over the radio Wolf will respond, "Walking on foot? Will do, I'll leave Dusty in the ARTV."
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:18 am

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 38
JIC:1d100 = 1|1d20 = 13
Pilot: Hovercraft(ground) - 75%:1d100 = 97
Land Navigation -- 54%:1d100 = 80
Navigation -- 65%:1d100 = 89
Sensory Equipment vs 50%:1d100 = 98

Wakiza wrote: "Did you new guys check out what you need from the armory? I grabbed the TW water well, so you might not need a water tanker. Will and Lux can you figure out how to operate that thing." When last minute tasks are done we will head out.


”Roger that boss. I tossed One of the squads rail guns along with some wooden ammo and some extra E-clips in my locker in back, just incase energy weapons prove useful on our little outing.”

Wakiza wrote: "Seamus take the controls get us out of here."

”Yes, Sir. Away we go.” Seamus will lift the hovercraft off the ground gently. Gentle, Seamus. Don’t wreck the car the first time you get the keys.

Seamus will communicate with MercTown comms, informing them of their departure and begin piloting the ARTV out the outskirts of MercTown, making a bead for the rive John had mentioned. ”I have a lock on our coordinates but actively navigating while piloting may prove difficult. I will be using you as a point of reference Pebbles.”

Wakiza wrote:"I saw her alive and well, calm but scared, when I 'read' the letter. However, my abilities to locate her are more limited, so I will wait till we are in the city to do it. We should stop and park outside of the city and walk in, not loaded for bear. Let's do a little recon."


”Roger that.” As he pilots, Seamus will keep regular attention on his instruments, looking for any signs of approaching vehicles or possible issues with their current path. Seamus will pilot the ARTV at a steady clip, using the river a a visual aid, generally staying low to the ground to hide their radar presence. If they end up making it to their desitnation with little issue, Seamus will search for a clearing large enough to hold the ARTV without making it too obvious a target to park the vehicle.

Auto-Dodge
1d20+12 = 31| 1d20+12 = 32| 1d20+12 = 26| 1d20+12 = 28| 1d20+12 = 27| 1d20+12 = 16| 1d20+12 = 30| 1d20+12 = 27| 1d20+12 = 29
Last edited by Seamus Finch on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 4

Seamus Finch wrote:
William Summers wrote: "Alright Roughnecks, get your gear sorted! Someone get Dave to fire up the Pathfinder! We're going back to Vamp land."


"Don't worry, Ill handle the transport. The more familiar I am with it, the better if I am going to be able to get as much out of the machine as possible."


"You've got it."Will smirks as he walks away. Spunky. Initiative. I like it.

John Altfeld wrote:"Hey Will, can you charge up this water cannon for me? I promise not to use it very often!"

"Done deal." Will lets his mana flow through the Ring of Elder and into the Water Cannon.

Wakiza wrote:"Did you new guys check out what you need from the armory? I grabbed the TW water well, so you might not need a water tanker. Will and Lux can you figure out how to operate that thing."

"Will do." Will pumps some mana into the water well to see what happens.

Lux BaghDach wrote:"I'm not sure how soon we might need it, but it would be helpful if we could charge up the Energy Spheres before we go. Want to go with me?"


If Will happens to hear the private conversation between Wak and Lux, he'll interject. "I'm headed that way myself. To the College that is. Excellent nexus for charging."

With or without Lux and Wak, Will heads to the College. He absorbs as much PPE as he can and then casts Energy Sphere. He fills that Energy Sphere up to the max and then reabsorbs his personal max PPE. Once that's done, he heads back to the compound and is ready to roll out.


On the trip, he spends most of his time studying the face of their target. I wonder what made this young woman think that she should take on the vampire problem on her own. Most people would contact Reid's Rangers or look for a crew to help them out. But solo? That takes guts. I hope she's alright. Trusting in John to guide the group, Will simply relaxes before he can't anymore.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:18 pm

Rolls as above

William Summers wrote: "Will do." Will pumps some mana into the water well to see what happens.

Wak watches with anticipation. "This could be useful."
William Summers wrote:If Will happens to hear the private conversation between Wak and Lux, he'll interject. "I'm headed that way myself. To the College that is. Excellent nexus for charging."

Wak nods, "Yes Lux, you should go with Will. It is a place you should become familiar with anyway. Take care of it and hurry back!" Once they return we will head out.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:14 am

Rolls as above

Lux gathers up what she needs. To Wak "thank you. We'll be back shortly." Lux turns to Will "ready to head out when you are."
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:35 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 6 pm
Temperature: 68 degrees with 65% Humidity.
Weather: The sky is lined with sparce clouds. Nothing Ominous, just a general building of humidity in the air.


The crew begins to pack the ATRV, John looks over the maps of where they are going and decides to use the Cumberland river as the teams path to get to old Nashville hoping that New Nashville is somewhere close to that. Feeling confident it is the best way he adds, ”That should give us time to access the local situation and setup base camp while we still have plenty of daylight.” The teams angst about being prepared to fight vampires is highly evident. Returning from Merctown Jack lets Will know he was unable to find a water trailer with a quick joke.

Wakiza checks with the newer team members to make sure they have everything in typical dad fashion. Nobody likes to turn around mid-trip to retrieve a forgotten piece of equipment. He reminds the team that he was able to see the target and she was alive, at least at that moment. Lux offers a suggestion that the team may need extra magic stores, Wak agrees and Lux and William head to the College to charge some spheres.

Wolf walks his robot horse through the airlock and straps it in for the trip. A short conversational reply to Wak lets the team leader know he is in on some renaissance when they get to New Nashville. Seamus gets the ATRV prepared for departure.

Around 4 pm Will and Lux return from the college to find the rest of the team in the ATRV, save John who sits on the front of the transport waiting to guide the pilot along the river. With everyone finally boarded and ready to go, Seamus lifts the craft into the air shakily. The man is obviously not familiar with the ATRV or is a little nervous piloting the vessel for the first time with the crew inside.

With john direction Seamus makes his way own the Ohio River to the Tennessee River. They follow this for a little while coming to what was the Kentucky Dam. John points in the direction the pilot should go and is jostled a little as the pilot banks to hard and over corrects. Seamus decides to take the trip a bit slower than the full capability of the ATRV since he is still getting to know it.

About half way down the river John is the first to see a smallish raft floating toward the team.

Travelling Merchants 04.jpg


A man steps from what seems to be a small tent on the back side of the raft and waves to the ATRV. The man greats John, "Hello sir, My name is Tom. My friend and I offer travelling wares for those in need. Do you by chance find yourself in need of any travelling supplies? We have water, food and some other basic wares."

Inside the the ATRV the team can feel the ship slow as it comes to the raft and Seamus stops so he doesn't capsize the small vessel. Through the windows they can see the man emerge from his tent and wave to John but they can't hear what he is saying yet.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 31

CONDITIONS: John is approximately 10 feet tall, See invisible, immune to possession, all the other stuff in the signature.

As they travel, John gets on the radio, "Hey Will, I have a question. So remember that bird guy? Would eating him technically be cannibalism? Since he's a bird? I mean, I know it wouldn't be good, since he was a person, but it wouldn't technically be cannibalism, right?"

When they come across Tom Sawyer on his raft, John waves, and turns on the radio again, so the people inside the ATRV can hear him, "We're stocked up on food and water, but you can show us your wares, although we're on a relatively tight schedule. I'd be more interested in current news about anything going on upriver."

John taps his infrared binoculars meaningfully.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 4 / 35%
Lore: Demons & Monsters (is this guy a demon or monster?): 1d100 = 58 / 86%
Lore: Fairies & Creatures of Magic (is this guy a fairy or creature of magic?): 1d100 = 1 / 66%
Detect Concealment (is someone hiding and spying on us?): 1d100 = 59 / 61%

Detect Ambush (is this a setup?): 1d100 = 89 / 61%

If Tom Sawyer comes through with information, John will give him the binoculars as payment.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 am

Mini-Reply: Conditions unchanged

John Altfeld wrote:When they come across Tom Sawyer on his raft, John waves, and turns on the radio again, so the people inside the ATRV can hear him, "We're stocked up on food and water, but you can show us your wares, although we're on a relatively tight schedule. I'd be more interested in current news about anything going on upriver."


The man stretches large an yawns, "Mid day naps are the best," he says while reaching down to scratch his netherlands. "We got some basic wilderness supplies, rope, tinder, some barrels for storing water. That kind of stuff, you know. Wouldn't want to hold you up and all since you got places to be. News about going up river, well that would be us." The man gestures to the tent. "Down river, Well your getting close to New Tennessee. Anything specific you're wondering about?"

Skill Replies
Invoke Trust: Invalid dice code! / 35% - You have a very trusting tone to your voice as you speak
Lore: Demons & Monsters (is this guy a demon or monster?): Invalid dice code! / 86% - You have no remembrance of tales of demons traveling the waterways disguised as Merchants
Lore: Fairies & Creatures of Magic (is this guy a fairy or creature of magic?): Invalid dice code! / 66% - You can not remember any stories of any creatures of magic that travel on the river selling items.
Detect Concealment (is someone hiding and spying on us?): Invalid dice code! / 61%
- Your not sure, but there may be another person in the tent.
Detect Ambush (is this a setup?): Invalid dice code! / 61% - The middle of the river on a wooden raft wouldn't be your personal choice of places to stage an ambush
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:32 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is approximately 10 feet tall, See invisible, immune to possession, all the other stuff in the signature.

John shrugs and continues keeping the radio pickup open for the people in the ATRV. "You know, dangers, places to avoid. Places to go to. People recently taking over a town, dragons and demons. Anything you think is significant, you're the one who just came through there. Traveller stuff."

He adds, "We didn't run into anything between here and the Mississippi."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:08 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 84
JIC1d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 78
Jack hears the conversation between John and the raft and was thinking, Ah! We should just go. Then the guy on the Barge mentions trading and having barrels. Jack gets closer and ask, “Oye Mate, what Barrel size you got? and how many?”

OOC Comments
10 Most Common CASK DIMENSIONS
Tun Cask: 1000 litres
Commonly used to rest, marry, blend, etc. liquids.
Pipe Cask: 650 litres
Common for Port
Butt Cask: 500 litres
Common for Sherry
Puncheon Cask: 450 litres
Common for Sherry
Hogshead Cask: 300 litres
Common for Cognac (barrique) and wine (225 liters)
Barrel Cask: 200 litres
Common for whiskies, but also Rum and Tequila
Tierce Cask: 150 litres
Rundlet Cask: 100 litres
Barillet in French
Quarter Cask: 50 litres
Trendy for small batch-craft
Firkin Cask: 40 litres
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 10;1d100 = 35


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf looks out the window as the ARTV begins to slow. Odd to find a boat selling wears in the middle of the river. Isn't that something they would wait till they were back in a port to do? I can't imagine they get much business...I don't like it either. Ambush from the sides? Muraduers to steal the ship and kill us?...Maybe, it would make for an interesting section of the trip if that were to happen...Are you hoping for a fight?...nah. Just saying it would liven things up. I would prefer to save my ammo for the vampires when we encounter them.

Wolf listens in to the radio traffic. Content to just listen to what is going on. Nothing need his direct attention right now so he is content to sit near one of the hatches in case his expertise is suddenly needed.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 60

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

As Seamus first pilots the RV, "Whoa kid, relax. You already have the job, just get us there without destroying the paint job." I remember my first campaign with DRS. I was a bit nervous too.

As the RV slows down over the river, What is it now? Wak listens to John over the radio, "See what you can find out about New Nashville and let's move on. We are burning daylight." I would rather not get to a potentially vampire infested town at night.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:47 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 6:05 pm
Temperature: 68 degrees with 65% Humidity.
Weather: The sky is lined with sparse clouds. Nothing Ominous, just a general building of humidity in the air.


John Altfeld wrote:John shrugs and continues keeping the radio pickup open for the people in the ATRV. "You know, dangers, places to avoid. Places to go to. People recently taking over a town, dragons and demons. Anything you think is significant, you're the one who just came through there. Traveller stuff."

He adds, "We didn't run into anything between here and the Mississippi."


Tom chuckles, "Paranoid much? Nah, I understand you concern. So I am guessing you haven't been down to New Nashville yet. Well your in for a treat! Things have been rough round here for a long time. Being so close to the magic zone and all. The land around you changing with no notice. Crazy stuff. Some folk trying to settle had a hell of time. Bout a year ago Jameson started the New Nashville settlement. Best thing that ever happened to the locals! He built a market. Now folks can trade. Merchants like me can bring stuff in folks may not have access to. Life has just gotten so much better."

Tom smiles gives himself a good scratch, "Down the way a little bit, y'all should come to a little river side camp. Those folks can help get you to New Nashville. Strange things happen in the woods between the river and the settlement. It's always good to get a guide, that shifting scenery can throw a fella off. Lot of good people still get lost from time to time."

Jack Killian wrote:“Oye Mate, what Barrel size you got? and how many?”


Tom hears Jack over the radio and responds, "I have some 5 gallon wooden barrels. Great size I think. Small enough to move around but plenty big enough to store a good amount in. 50 credits each. I got 4 right now."

Wakiza wrote:As the RV slows down over the river, What is it now? Wak listens to John over the radio, "See what you can find out about New Nashville and let's move on. We are burning daylight."


Tom chuckles when he hears Wakiza, "Sounds like someone is in a hurry. What else you folks want to know? I ain't no historian or nuthin but I'll be glad to help where I can. Pa always taught me, god bless his soul, a happy customer is a repeat customer."
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:16 am

Perception 1d100 = 88 / 42
JIC 1d100 = 65
JIC 1d20 = 16

Lux was listening to the conversation over the radio. Much of the group seemed suspicious of the floating merchant, and Lux couldn't blame them. She was listening to the chatter in the RV, but was keeping an awareness of her surroundings, keeping her senses up for vampires, vampire intelligences, and rifts.

Prior to landing in MercTown, Lux had crossed North America after spending time in the New West. She was familiar with how new camps could turn into towns if word spread of a safe haven for similarly aligned individuals. Even if she hadn't been to New Nashville before, she had seen others like it dotted across the landscape. I'm not surprised that New Nashville cropped up within the past year. With such uncertainty, people just want a sense of security, familiarity.
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 67
JIC:1d100 = 35|1d20 = 8
Pilot: Hovercraft(ground) - 75%:1d100 = 22
Sensory Equipment vs 50%:1d100 = 65
Wakiza wrote: "Whoa kid, relax. You already have the job, just get us there without destroying the paint job."

”Sorry about that boss. Still getting used to the response times on the controls. Not familiar with this setup. Give me half an hour and I will have all the kinks worked out, promise.”

When the river-rat is spotted, the Juicer brings the ARTV to stop above the waterway, in a nonthreatening manner. Seamus keeps the hovercraft at a steady position while John converses with the newcomer. ”He could have one or two SAMAS units under that raft, if they hugged each other.” Seamus says casually to the cockpit of the ARTV. ”Standing by.” Se says, this time directed at Will and Wak, awaiting for any directive to move the vehicle. I don’t think the Coalition has used the floating raft disguise yet. Too simple for their tastes… or is it? Seamus squints into the water around the mans raft suspiciously. His eyes continue to scan the water, breaking only to watch the vehicle sown sensory equipment.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 32

CONDITIONS: John is approximately 10 feet tall, See invisible, immune to possession, all the other stuff in the signature.

John salutes Tom and hands him the binoculars. "Thanks. Glad to hear everything's quiet. You never know when there's going to be a marauding monster. We'll keep an eye out for these local guides."

He jumps on the radio, saying, "Well, that guy didn't know anything, Pebbles moving out to begin scouting again. Apparently there's some magical instability up ahead near a camp or something."

He then heads out to continue scouting in advance of the ATRV as per the previous posts.

Land Navigation: 1d100 = 52 / 86%
Prowl: 1d100 = 95 / 99%
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 36 / 61%
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 74 / 61%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 83

Feet kicked up, mind on a woman that might actually like him back home, Will is brought out of his meditation via radio signal.
John Altfeld wrote:"Hey Will, I have a question. So remember that bird guy? Would eating him technically be cannibalism? Since he's a bird? I mean, I know it wouldn't be good, since he was a person, but it wouldn't technically be cannibalism, right?"

Will swings his feet down from their perch (on something that probably shouldn't have feet on it, merc life) and keys his comm. "Well, Pebbles. Some folk'd say it's about the intraspecific ingestion of flesh. Other folks'd argue that it's about the difference in levels of cognition. But deep down, we all know it's really about what the hell is wrong with you?!Asking me if eating our old teammates is cannibalism. You're a giant pile of rocks and he was a bird mage zombie. Sometimes I think this world doesn't make sense as a huge joke on me."
John Altfeld wrote:"We're stocked up on food and water, but you can show us your wares, although we're on a relatively tight schedule. I'd be more interested in current news about anything going on upriver."

"Ask him your cannibalism question. No. Don't do that. Ask him if he has any jerky. I didn't bring any and I've got a big hunger."

Now that he was awake and present, he spent some time getting to know their newest magical addition to the team, Lux. "Hey Nomad. Pop quiz. What's your favorite spell and why?"
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 15;1d100 = 6


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf continues to listen over the radio to the conversation and banter between the other Roughnecks. What an odd question John...We'll we knew he was unstable this just gives us a good indication of how unstable he is...Indeed. Seems like Will is joining in on the banter too. But he does have a point. With all the craziness out there it does feel like a big joke some times...There you go getting all philosophical on me...Just contemplative...Just remember that these guys will turn on you at some point...Ya, Ya. I know. It always happens...Lets hope it takes a while this time. Some of these guys are going to be hard to kill when the time comes...You are not wrong about that.

John Altfeld wrote:
He jumps on the radio, saying, "Well, that guy didn't know anything, Pebbles moving out to begin scouting again. Apparently there's some magical instability up ahead near a camp or something."



Wolf does not like the mention of Magical instability, Too many variables when magic is involved. I hate those unstable areas...We can never predict what is going to happen in those places. People are easy to read, but magic is on a completely different level. We need to research it more...Undead first then magic. They might segway into each other...Likely just remember to keep your eyes and guns ready...Well once we are out of this tin can sure.

Wolf continues to look out from the ARTV as they continue on their way.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Rolls as above

William Summers wrote:"Hey Nomad. Pop quiz. What's your favorite spell and why?"


Lux enjoyed that question. She took a brief inventory of her memories from her travels. Different regions, different dimensions, different groups of people all have different practices, and there is something of value from all of them.

"When I was a child, I used to spend time with my father in the gardens. He was a botanist, an herbalist. And there is something incredibly rewarding about cultivating something with your own two hands."

I haven't heard from my family in a few years, but I guess that is part the life of a nomad. I hope they're all well.

"I took after my father in a lot of ways, and holistic medicine became a practice of mine - learning to use what you've grown to heal loved ones, to better the lives of your people. But traveling through England, they have an ability to transform herbs into something entirely more powerful than the sum of its parts."

Lux's mind took her back to England, with the balmy summer days, and the chill in the evenings. She was there only briefly, just passing through, but she would like to make her way back there some day. The energy there is just different.

"Seeing a group of Druids come together during a Summer Solstice to conjure powerful magic from ordinary plants is something remarkable. But the most incredible was because one of the practitioners acquired a branch from a Millennium Tree and they created a wand of divination. It looked like an ordinary stick, but could answer any of your most pressing yes or no questions. It could foretell your future."

Looking at Will: "Wouldn't that be something remarkable, Will, if we had a stick that could have just answered all of our questions about this mission for us, before we ever left camp?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:40 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 21
JIC1d20: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 19

"I have some 5 gallon wooden barrels. Great size I think. Small enough to move around but plenty big enough to store a good amount in. 50 credits each. I got 4 right now."


Jack Responds, “Oye mate, ya, gat a deal. Just send them over.”
Jack uses his credits and then takes his barrels back to the ATV. He will fill them with 5 Gallons of water,when he gets a chance.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 80

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

When he hears him talk about New Nashville, Wak climbs out of the RV. "So who is this Jameson? Where does he hail from and what does he do? Did he just walk in and take over?" If there is nothing else interesting he will have Seamus move on. Let's get going we truly are burning daylight.

"Hey Lux, I've been to England once myself. They say it is pretty amazing what those druids can do. So is that the type of magic you are interested in?"
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:47 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 7:30 pm
Temperature: 65 degrees with 65% Humidity.
Weather: The sky is lined with sparse clouds. Nothing Ominous, just a general building of humidity in the air.


Tom hands the barrels up to John, ”I appreciate the business gentlemen.” He is just about finished when Wak climbs out the top and asks about Jameson.

”Well now, Jameson, he is like a cross between the mayor and the sheriff. New Nashville is still up and coming you know. Not a whole lot of government structure, if you know what I mean. I don’t rightly know where he came from. I guess I just assumed it was from the surrounding areas, like most the folks there. Good fella Jameson is.” Tom hands the final barrel up when Wak asks about Jameson taking over. He lets out a slight chuckle.

Wiping his hands and turning to Wak he says, ”Can’t take over something you founded yourself. Jameson started the settlement. He found a stable point in the wilderness. He gathered locals around he had met. He gave them a place to trade. A place to find things they needed. A place to get to know each other, talk to others dealing with the same issues. It’s a rough life, New Nashville is stable, but folks still disappear traveling to and from. Not as many as used to, but its common.”

Tom walks back to the stock area and works to secure the remaining stuff now the barrels were gone. ”You good folks make sure to get and escort. It’ll save you heartache.”

Completing the transaction the man thanks everyone, pulls up his anchor and continues his trip. Seamus pilots the ATRV along the river, continuing to New Nashville. As the group nears where they would expect to exit the river, John notices what looks like a simple camp just inland from the river. From what John can tell they have not been noticed although he does see people moving around the camp.

The team arrives at the camp around 7:30 pm. Although it is still light out you can already see the glow of camp fires.

OOC: The team is still on the river. The map is oriented with top north-ish. The camp is roughly 100 yards off the bank of the river.

What are your intentions?

Camp of the Roverfolk.jpg
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:47 am

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 61
JIC:1d100 = 55|1d20 = 6
Pilot: Hovercraft(Ground) vs 75%:1d100 = 61
Sensory Equipment vs 50%”1d100 = 46

Seamus keeps the craft in the middle of the river during the rest of their trek, preferring to keep a decent sightline on all sides of the vehicle. When the fires of the camp become apparent, the pilot will bring the hovercraft to a slow stop, settling down to one or two feet above the water. He will favor the side of the river with the camp, making any potential exit from the vehicle as easy as possible for any teammate. First a river bum, now what will we find? Seamus’ fingers get itchy as he sets the ATRV into hands-free hover mode. ”All Clear, Port Cargo Bay doors are ready to open for disembarkation.” Seamus stretches.

”How’s it looking out there Pebbles? Seems rather picturesque up here in the birds nest.” Seamus makes sure to keep an eye on the vehicles sensors at all times- more so when they are at a stand-still. ”No contacts on the screen. Yet.”

Seamus will swivel his chair so he is facing Wakiza. ”What’s the play, boss?” That guy didn’t seem scared of vampires at all. I doubt he had seen one recently. This place is probably a nice quaint hamlet. Wherever it is.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 30

CONDITIONS: John is 10 feet tall, See Invisible, Immune to Possession, Untouchable/Unmind-controllable by vampires, otherwise see sig and character sheet.

In response to Seamus, John says, "Uh, it's the place we're looking for. Presumably they'll guide us through dimensional anomalies tomorrow to New Nashville. I'm going to dig a ditch for the ship. I don't care if we overpay them - a couple hundred credits is nothing, that's on the Commander. Let's get a good night's sleep and move on to where we need to be."

John then digs an approximately ten foot wide, ten foot deep canal on the river bank leaving enough stable land for the ATRV on the 'river side' and starts getting ready for bed.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 17;1d100 = 49


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise


Wolf watches the reaction of the small tent city to the arrival of the Roughnecks. I doubt they would try anything. At least while we are awake. John is busy again. Look at how fast he can divert part of the river...Should keep away the vamps, but there should still be some kind of watch for the more mundane threats...I actually agree with you on this one...Boy that's a rarity.

Wolf keys his radio, "Hey I get the water stuff for the vamps, but are we going to have a watch shift for the more mundane threats?" Wolf will move to where his horse is strapped down and make sure all his gear is still locked down and nothing came lose during the trip.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 58 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 11

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

As they pull up to a camp, Wak responds to Seamus, "Well let's go say hello." Over the radio, "John, take a quick scan around the camp about a mile out ought to be good. Everyone else follow me. John, Nice moat by the way. Yes, we will have a normal watch, vamps aren't the only threat out here." Wak exits the RV, hops over the moat, and heads towards the encampment, Here we go again. He is looking around using all modes of his multi-optic eye. Furthermore, he has his NG Robot Floater Camera about ten feet away. He uses it to look over everyone at the camp and see if anyone is a wanted criminal. He says, "Hello to the camp. We mean no one any harm, just looking to talk."

Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 48 / 84% (just to be safe)
Detect Concealment-- 1d100 = 40 / 79% (just to be safe)
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:41 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 8:30 pm
Temperature: 60 degrees with 65% Humidity.
Weather: The sky is lined with sparse clouds. Nothing Ominous, just a general building of humidity in the air. There is a chill in the air as the temperature of night drops and the humidity remains the same.


John works to dig the moat, 10ft wide by 10ft deep around the ATRV and topples the sides ending at the river upon completion to fill it with water. Seeing and approving of the moat Wakiza compliments John and Asks him to make a trip around the camp to see what is around. Night has fully settled in and the team can see some action around the fires now. Roughly twenty or thirty people sit around the fires sharing a meal, drinks and laughter.

Wakiza makes his way over the moat with a short hop and starts to scan the camp. A quick flip through his sensor array confirms most of the people in the camp are around the fire. In some of the tents he can see heat signatures of what seems to be people laying down. There are five more people in total, 3 of which are laying in the wagon to the north east and 2 laying in the wagon to the south east. (I'll PM notes about the criminal record scan once I get clarification in Hangouts)

Walking up to the camp confidently Wakiza claims loudly, "Hello to the camp. We mean no one any harm, just looking to talk." A couple of people turn to look at him and laugh but quickly return to there meals un caringly. A man approaches Wakiza, "I should hope you mean no harm. This is the New Nashville Depot and is safe place." The man continues toward Wakiza with his hand outstretched, "Welcome, My name is Max. I am the camp steward. Are you looking to make your way to New Nashville or just travelling on the river?"

John, hearing the request from Wakiza makes his way around the camp in multiple circles spiraling closer to camp starting about a mile out. He doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary with the exception of the size of the fires. Now that night has settled it is clear to see the fires are pretty large and it is easy to see for a good distance out. John is sure that the camp is making no attempt to hide where they are and it is possible the fires are larger than they truly need to be.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:02 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 65
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 14

stays back and waits for any words from the boss. There is a huge fire there! I can supersize that It should cause a distraction if things go all crazy. Or I could also stop the fire. Complete Darkness? Just stay put and hope things work themselves out.

Jack speaks up to Seamus, “Volcano is at the gang plank watching out. I’m staying with you on the float.”

Jack switches over to radio and speaks to Wak mainly, “Boss if you need anything let me know.”
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Perception 1d100 = 83 / 42
JIC 1d100 = 29
JIC 1d20 = 14

Lux hops off the float, and joins Wak as he offers his introduction to the camp. As she did every time she entered a new camp, she takes a deep breath, smiles softly so as to appear non-threatening, and scrolls through her mental list of "greetings, I come in peace" in every language she can. Halito vla Achukma. Vengo en paz.

Lux keeps her eyes and ears open, scanning her surroundings, keeping an eye out for anything unusual as she approaches.

After Max and Wak exchange greetings, Lux extends her hand as well "Max, we want to thank you in advance for your hospitality. Up river, we were told about New Nashville, and we appreciate having a safe space to camp for the night." Hopefully this will actually be a safe space to camp for the night.
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 91

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Over the radio to Jack, "No problem Jack, just be ready if needed."

Hannibal wrote: A man approaches Wakiza, "I should hope you mean no harm. This is the New Nashville Depot and is safe place." The man continues toward Wakiza with his hand outstretched, "Welcome, My name is Max. I am the camp steward. Are you looking to make your way to New Nashville or just travelling on the river?"


Cocky bunch. They don't realize this team could probably take all of them in about 30 seconds or less. Even if they are all vampires, which I doubt. Lux would be freaking out if that were the case. Wak listens and lets Lux make her introduction, "Sorry, where I come from if you don't announce your intention before walking into a camp at night you are gonna get shot or cut. Even then it might still happen if you aren't cautious. Yes, we are looking to head to New Nashville. Someone up river recommended that we use a guide to get there. Any of you offer that service? About how many miles are we from New Nashville?"
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 219/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 17;1d100 = 82


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf climbs out from the ARTV and gives a little stretch. As he finished he begins to walk around their landing zone. Wolf looks out into the wilderness around them. Seems peaceful enough...I bet it can get very un-peaceful...Oh I'm sure you're right. There are 7 of us. Each one has a one hour watch. It should work. 7 hours is likely the best we will get for resting...its a good idea, if you can trust them...Well i need sleep too so we're just going to have to make some concessions here...Just don't wake up dead.

Wolf will pull Will to the side, "Hey Will, I'm working up a watch roster. You've been with the team longer then I have. Is there anyone who you know that doesn't need as much sleep as the rest of us? Just looking to make sure those people have the later shifts."

Once it's complete Wolf will radio Wak if he has not returned, "Wak. I have a guard shift made for you to review when you get back." Wolf will then settle down for the night.

Wilderness Survival-- 1d100 = 76/60% Wolf is looking for approaches that maybe used to get close to the Roughnecks area without being seen.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 58

Lux BaghDach wrote:
William Summers wrote:"Hey Nomad. Pop quiz. What's your favorite spell and why?"

"Wouldn't that be something remarkable, Will, if we had a stick that could have just answered all of our questions about this mission for us, before we ever left camp?"

"An answer before I had a chance to stab the question with a sword? Too tame for my taste. Although, I can't lie, I would ask it all kinds of cool stuff. Like, hey wand, what's up with Wak's hair? It's like a constant bad hair day. Or, hey wand, how come John can be a giant pile of loud rocks but he can't be one small pebble that ever shuts up? Or, hey wand, am I the number one merc in all of forever? Just kidding about that last one, I know the answer to that one... it's yes. The answer is yes."

Will relaxes until they get to the camp. "What's it look like down there?" Given an accurate assessment of the visual aspects of the camp, Will decides to suit up and do a quick pass around the top of the camp on his wingboard. He keeps his eyes open for anything that could be a potential threat. When he's done with his pass overtop the camp, he'll check the folks in it out with See Aura. He notes any aberrations and reports them to the team.

"New Nashville Depot. I like the sound of that. You folks got any supplies here? Or do we have to wait for New Nashville proper for that?"

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf will pull Will to the side, "Hey Will, I'm working up a watch roster. You've been with the team longer then I have. Is there anyone who you know that doesn't need as much sleep as the rest of us? Just looking to make sure those people have the later shifts."

"Shit, we're all as human as the next. Except John, I'm not sure what the hell he is. But Wak and I can probably function off of a bit less sleep than the... wait... we've got a Juicer now. Do they even sleep? Tap him for watch duty."
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:41 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 8:30 pm
Temperature: 60 degrees with 65% Humidity.
Weather: The sky is lined with sparse clouds. Nothing Ominous, just a general building of humidity in the air. There is a chill in the air as the temperature of night drops and the humidity remains the same.


Mini-Update

Lux extends her hand as well "Max, we want to thank you in advance for your hospitality. Up river, we were told about New Nashville, and we appreciate having a safe space to camp for the night." Releasing Wak's hand Max turns to Lux taking her hand and raising it to his lips, "You are most welcome and most safe." The man smiles wryly at Lux and offers a short wink. "Our hospitality in an advanced welcome from New Nashville." The man raises his hand and gestures to the entire camp, "Most here are employed by New Nashville directly. We provide safe transport to and from."

Wak listens and lets Lux make her introduction, "Sorry, where I come from if you don't announce your intention before walking into a camp at night you are gonna get shot or cut. Even then it might still happen if you aren't cautious. Yes, we are looking to head to New Nashville. Someone up river recommended that we use a guide to get there. Any of you offer that service? About how many miles are we from New Nashville?"

Max turns back to Wak, "Well of course we offer this service. This is our job. We provide loading and unloading services here at the river as well as travel guidance to and from New Nashville. It isn't mandatory that we guide you. It is however a free service to you and highly suggested. People still go missing from time to time but not nearly as many as in the past. We would be more than happy to provide a guide into New Nashville. Are you looking to leave now or will you be making camp for the night?"

Will makes a quick circle of the camp examining the people's aura as he goes and returns to where Lux, Wak and Max are standing. "New Nashville Depot. I like the sound of that. You folks got any supplies here? Or do we have to wait for New Nashville proper for that?" The man turns to Will and answers, "We don't have a market here. Most if not all of the goods here are in transit in to the market or out of the market on the way somewhere else. This is more a port of sorts. The depot was one of Jameson's more recent additions. He put this together to help protect traders and travelers alike going in and out of New Nashville. In the early days Raiders would wait some ways out of the city and rob people of the items they bought in New Nashville. Jameson saw this as a hindrance to growth and now it is our job to make sure people get to and from safely. If it's trade you are looking for, New Nashville is the place for sure."

Will's See Aura
The camp is made up of a smattering of people. Most are low to medium experience levels as far as you can tell. Some show signs of magic and some show signs of psychic abilities. The ones you see touched by magic seem to have a bit higher level of PPE reserve than others, but nothing stands out to you. You see no possessing entities and no aberrations.


Wak's Criminal Scan
As you scan the camp with your helmet you get intermittent notices of minor criminal activity. You see a mix of assault arrests, drug arrest, public intoxication/disturbance arrests. You get no return of current open warrants. From what you see it is a typical assortment of crimes you mind find in a rough and tumble labor pool.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Roughnecks Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest