A plea for help

These fuckers are too stubborn to die.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 63

CONDITIONS: John is at approximately 10 feet tall, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

John walks into the camp, shielding his eyes from the bonfires as he comes out of the night, he approaches Wakiza, saying, "Seems clear, Commander."

He looks around the camp. They should build a warehouse or something. Maybe an inn/tavern up on stilts in case of flooding. palisade...

To the New Nashville Welcoming Committee, he says, "Looks like you haven't been here long."

When they ask if the Roughnecks want to travel at night, John quirks an eyebrow. "Isn't it insanely dangerous to travel at night through a dimensionally unstable forest?"

When Wakiza starts talking to NNWC again, John walks over to Will. "Hey, sorry about not asking for jerky. I was already a mile out when you radioed. Do you want me to ask this guy about eating bird people?"

He waits for a beat then just starts laughing at his own joke. "For the record, I'm not a pile of rocks. At least I don't think so. Although, it's weird to be able to turn into one, right? Sometimes I wonder if my kids will be able to turn into things."

Assuming the team spends the night, John declines sleeping inside the ship, instead turning into pebble form, spreading himself out a bit on the ground and just sleeping outside/under the ship, but within the moat.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 40

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak nods at the Max, This group is supposed to protect us? He just smiles internally at the thought. As the criminal charges fly up on his display, Good, nothing major, just a bunch of guards and scouts. "Sure, you can lead our group into town at sun up. How far are we from New Nashville?" Once they are done he will return to the RV and follow whatever watch rotation was set up.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 47
JIC:1d100 = 48|1d20 = 1
Sensory Equipment vs 50%: 1d100 = 60

Jack Killian wrote:Jack speaks up to Seamus, “Volcano is at the gang plank watching out. I’m staying with you on the float.”


"Roger that. Always good to have some company. Hungry?" Seamus begins to prep one of his MRE's. "I brought extra. I think the boss put some of the cheaper ones in the pantry as well." the hungry Juicer does his best to keep the cockpit clean as he gets to his eating.

Still keeping his eye on the ships radar, Seamus relaxes. Keying the teams radio frequency through the cabin, he slides his headset off and begins to eat. ”Shoulda brought some hot sauce.” Next time we are in town I need to fill this baby’s kitchen with some good spices. How good is its cook top?

When a watch order is brought up, Seamus will state that he doesn’t need to sleep, but a few hours would be best if he wants to be ready for any potential. He only needs four hours of real rest however.

”Maybe there is a rift here that leads down south, to Mexico.” Seamus ponders in the confines of the teams closed vehicle. ”Cuz I’m still not seeing the vampire angle. Do the southern areas have any other big bads our wayward daughter could have been tracking?” He asks no one in particular, more wondering out loud.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:17 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 1.
Time: 7:00 am
Temperature: 55 degrees with 45% Humidity.
Weather: The sun is peeking over the horizon. There is a chill in the air from the evening. The humidity is down and dew has settled around the camp.


Max smiles at Wak, "It's about an hours walk from here." The man points to a path in the woods which seems to be about 10 foot wide with tree canopy covering it. "Are you wanting to take you vehicle with you as well? I doubt it will fit on the path. I could have a man ride with you and direct you there." Max shrugs, "Whatever is most convenient for you. In the mean time, please join us for dinner. Benny has wiped up some lovely meat loaf and is serving it out of the chuck wagon. You are all your people are welcome.

The roughnecks are welcomed to join the evening entertainment.

In the morning, The first to rise and leave the ATRV notices that the fires have all died down and people are already up and working. The camp seems much more serious in the daylight with wagons being loaded and unloaded with freight. In the night a ship had docked and now had good being loaded on board. A man approaches the ATRV and asks, "What time did you all want to head into town? Max said morning. My name is Teddy. I'll be your guide today. I have a shipment heading into town as well that I am guiding. Nothing time sensitive, so if you can let me know when you want to leave that would be great."
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Perception 1d100 = 51 /42
JIC 1d100 = 83
JIC 1d20 = 3

Lux enjoyed dinner. Not just because of the food. But the experience. Her father's voice was in her head: always learn something new from every person you encounter. And looking out across the camp all settled in for dinner, there were a lot of new people to learn a lot of new things from.

Lux took her plate and sat near Max: "Before we head out tomorrow, is there anything we need to know about where we are going?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 76

CONDITIONS: John is at approximately 10 feet tall, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

John doesn't shrink down in front of the strangers, so as not to reveal his capabilities. He does eat heartily. After the lack of information from Tom Sawyer, he doesn't ask the new people anything outside of polite chit-chat, but does keep his ears open.

To Seamus he says, "Well, a rift can go anywhere, right? And if you call up the rift, you can target it, so it's entirely possible that vampires could have come from Mexico through a rift to the magic zone. Remember, Mexico John specifically said it was vampires."

When it's time to roll out, he nods at Teddy, "Pleased to meet you." Then he checks the width of the ATRV against the road, scratches his head and says, "This looks like when we were going after Nxla. Either have to be ready to knock down trees the whole way to Nashville or go up in the canopy and bust off branches instead."

If we go at ground level, maybe they'll pay us for widening the road.
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 8;1d100 = 77


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf would never turn down a free meal. Wolf sits and keeps his conversation to light chit-chat. Do you think they poisoned it?...Yup. Just for us cause they knew we were coming...Ya they must have, why else would they be here?...Wow a little extra this evening what gotten in to you?...We shouldn't rely on others. You should just make them tell you how to get to the town, shoot them, and be done with it...Wow. A little blatant there don't you think?...It's safer that way...It would make for a lonely trip, and there is safety in numbers...until one of the numbers turns on you...Well if it comes to that I can turn faster. Now let me enjoy my diner.

Wolf raises early and makes coffee for everyone. He stands just outside the ARTV as the sun comes up, savoring the warmth of the coffee. "Hmm. Coffee. Nice view."

Cook-- 1d100 = 32/50% (Make Coffee)

Wolf will make sure his gear is ready for departure once everyone has risen.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 am

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 46
JIC:1d100 = 63|1d20 = 8
Sensory Equipment vs 50%:1d100 = 98
John Altfeld wrote: "Well, a rift can go anywhere, right? And if you call up the rift, you can target it, so it's entirely possible that vampires could have come from Mexico through a rift to the magic zone. Remember, Mexico John specifically said it was vampires." A


Seamus nods. "I do not see how vampires could have a hand in this yet. But if these forests are wibbly-wobbly like we have been led to believe, maybe an hours walk from here is the amazon rain forest. I heard they have dinosaurs down there, that would be neat.” We have dinosaurs up here you dolt.

Seamus will take what ever watch he is given, but if able, he will get four hours of sleep in an hour or two after sunset, staying awake the rest of the night. He will spend most of it sitting in the pilots seat of the ARTV, keeping an eye on the radar and radio, continuously prepped for a quick take-off.
Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf raises early and makes coffee for everyone. He stands just outside the ARTV as the sun comes up, savoring the warmth of the coffee. "Hmm. Coffee. Nice view."

Seamus will walk down the ramp of the vehicle and fill his own cup with some of Wolf’s coffee. He takes a sip. ”Before the Juice I lived on this stuff. Surprisingly, my sleep schedule hasn’t changed all that much. The State military runs their pilots rather ragged.” They Juicer eyes the forest in front of them, enjoying the soft sounds of the river immediately behind them.
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

"Mornin' Seamus." Wolf gives a tip of his hat. "Out west coffee was what got everyone going in the mornin'. Whether it was herdin' livestock or getting ready for drop the hammer on a rival. Coffee was what kept everyone ready. And you can't beet fresh coffee while you're on the road. I don't much know how the Coalition does things." Wolf nods towards the camp activity near them, "But this is what I'm used to. These people move a lot. you can tell by the way they make the camp. Watch how they break everything down. Everyone has a job, but there is not much talking. Everyone know what to do." Wolf turns to leave when John and Teddy begin talking. That's not my concern...You should stay for the details. You might need them later...well you might be right...I usually am.

Wolf Turns back to John. "Was before I got there? I don't remember knocking down trees at the end. But you're right I'm sure someone would pay us for a wider road. But if we're going to do that we should get the money up front." Wolf gives a nod to John.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 11 1d100 = 63

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Hannibal wrote:Max smiles at Wak, "It's about an hours walk from here." The man points to a path in the woods which seems to be about 10 foot wide with tree canopy covering it. "Are you wanting to take you vehicle with you as well? I doubt it will fit on the path. I could have a man ride with you and direct you there." Max shrugs, "Whatever is most convenient for you. In the mean time, please join us for dinner. Benny has wiped up some lovely meat loaf and is serving it out of the chuck wagon. You are all your people are welcome.

Wak nods to the man, "Sounds good we will follow with the RV. We may widen the path for you a bit." Don't know you, so would rather not eat with you. However, he stay for a bit and watches the festivities.

Hannibal wrote:In the morning, The first to rise and leave the ATRV notices that the fires have all died down and people are already up and working. The camp seems much more serious in the daylight with wagons being loaded and unloaded with freight. In the night a ship had docked and now had good being loaded on board. A man approaches the ATRV and asks, "What time did you all want to head into town? Max said morning. My name is Teddy. I'll be your guide today. I have a shipment heading into town as well that I am guiding. Nothing time sensitive, so if you can let me know when you want to leave that would be great."

Wak looks around, "Well, we are ready when you are. Seamus follow carefully." After, he nods to Wolf, "Yep, seems to be a pretty well oiled machine."
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:06 pm

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is at approximately 10 feet tall, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

John follows Seamus to further explain. "No... it's. Ugh. Okay. Will can teleport, right? Lux can go between dimensions? If you turned one of them into a vampire, that vampire could teleport and go between dimensions. It's not about local instability. If you want me to recommend some books...?"

They get over to Wolf and John grabs some coffee.

He shrugs at Wolf. "The higher you go up a mountain, the less water there is. The less water, the shorter and more spread out the trees. Stuff that can get to 100 feet next to a river, like a hickory, can't grow up there. It's how the world works."

John pauses, "You're from the desert, right? You've got what, like palm trees?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 82

Night before:

Hannibal wrote:"We don't have a market here. Most if not all of the goods here are in transit in to the market or out of the market on the way somewhere else. This is more a port of sorts. The depot was one of Jameson's more recent additions. He put this together to help protect traders and travelers alike going in and out of New Nashville. In the early days Raiders would wait some ways out of the city and rob people of the items they bought in New Nashville. Jameson saw this as a hindrance to growth and now it is our job to make sure people get to and from safely. If it's trade you are looking for, New Nashville is the place for sure."


"This Jameson sounds like a thoughtful man. Looking forward to making his acquaintance." Will addresses Wakiza next. "We should be safe here. Some magic, some psychics but no vamps and no other surprises we can't take on."

John Altfeld wrote:"Hey, sorry about not asking for jerky. I was already a mile out when you radioed. Do you want me to ask this guy about eating bird people?"

He waits for a beat then just starts laughing at his own joke. "For the record, I'm not a pile of rocks. At least I don't think so. Although, it's weird to be able to turn into one, right? Sometimes I wonder if my kids will be able to turn into things."


"I mean, for the record, that bird guy looked a little lean for my taste. I prefer something with some heft to it to throw on the grill. But I'm still not eating my teammates. And yeah, what you can do is wild. A set range of inherent abilities that work in conjunction with each other. Rocks, size changing, incredible speed. I don't know what else you can do, but hell, that's gotten us out of some tough scraps. We took down a Sploog Mothership. I watched you grind the enemy to paste inside of your rocky body. Merc life. Shit man, you think we're gonna live long enough to have kids? I already died once. I'm sure the final time is just around the horizon. I don't have Vheld here to solve that problem for me anymore."

Day time:

Will grabs some coffee and settles into morning tasks. Checking his weapons, some quick exercise, wandering around the camp to spend some time in nature.

During breakfast, Will asks John a burning question. "Question for you. Your skin and eyes make you seem like maybe you're a dBee. But since I've known you, you seem to be your average human who can turn into a giant pile of rocks. Where are you from? What's your story? I guess we've spent so much time fighting, I never asked you about... you.

When it's time to go, Will boards the ATRV and keeps an eye on their guide up front.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:51 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is at approximately 10 feet tall, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

Talkin' to Will at Night
"I think that bird guy had some kind of disease, honestly."

He pauses, "The pebbles thing never made sense to me. The other stuff - heal fast, move fast, get big; that all seemed like improvements to the body. Turning into pebbles seems... random. I dunno."

When Will says he died, John looks at him for a second, "I don't know why you think this whole 'I died' thing is a funny joke, but if you want to keep pretending you died, sure. Ha ha! You died and Vheld the awesome but weird psycho saved you!"

John shrugs, "That Lahz guy has kids. I figure I'm hard enough to kill that I may have kids someday. If you want to have kids... I'm pretty goal oriented. If that's what you want, figure out all the ways you can have them and make it happen. You're rich and work out a lot. Worst case scenario there's someone out there who would bear your children in exchange for a secure future for herself and your children. I believe in you!"


Talkin' to Will in the Morning
John takes a long slug of his coffee, burning his mouth before it starts healing again. He coughs loudly, stares off into space for a long few moments, then looks at Will. "Well, yeah, I'm a guy from Kingsdale. Actually, Laramy, but you've probably never heard of it. It's part of Kingsdale. One day a group of Coalition soldiers kidnapped me and took me to the Devil's Gate. There were a bunch of other people there and they exposed us all to some radiation. When they brought the others back, I could hear them screaming, moaning, sobbing in their cells. They all got quiet eventually. Then they took me out. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I passed out for sure and when I came back around I was lying in my cell again. I got out through the air vents."

"I'm pretty sure everyone else died. But who knows, maybe there's a sexy blue lady out there who can turn into... I dunno, water?"

He looks into the distance again. "Remember what I was saying last night about figuring out your goal and working backwards from there? I'm going to destroy the Coalition and personally kill Prosek and the bastard who ran that experiment. All of this? The merc work, fighting monsters? It's all just part of building up resources to become a god. Because I figure a god has the best chance of taking down an empire. Also, being a god seems like it would be cool as hell."

John looks Will in the eye. "Let's be gods, Will. It's got to be better than this. And then we'll have the power to fix everything."

He grins and slaps Will on the back. "You can be the God of Magic! I haven't figured out what the Commander would be god of, though."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 36
JIC1d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 96

Jack takes some food from Seamus, Seams like a decent bloke.

“Yes, spicy food great.“ After hearing the invitation for food Jack decides to stay put while the others go and enjoy themselves.

Later Jack watches during the night and then heads off to sleep.Where is Mary Poppins when you need her?

The next morning Jack gets up early and gets dressed. And makes sure his cask that he bought are full of water. He then heads out and sees the others coming out and gathering for Breakfast. Jack grabs a mug of coffee and some bacon and egg sandwich and some quick oats, This stuff is better than a vegemite sandwich.

Jack, “So, when we head out, where and what am I doing? Helping Seamus, copilot?"
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:04 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 10:30 am
Temperature: 75 degrees with 75% Humidity.
Weather: The humidity has been steadily climbing. The clouds are starting to tighten up and darken. There is a chance of rain.


Into the wee hours

Will Replies to Max, "This Jameson sounds like a thoughtful man. Looking forward to making his acquaintance." Will addresses Wakiza next. "We should be safe here. Some magic, some psychics but no vamps and no other surprises we can't take on."

Max nods and smiles, ” Thoughtful is one way to put it. I guess. I mean, he does get something out of it. He is a businessman. You know, I guess at times, the way we talk about him, kinda makes him sound like a saint. He had a reason to start all this. Businesses and traders pay a tax. That’s the way things work. That tax helps pay for folks like us and improvements to the town. Jameson don’t live so bad either.”

Wak nods to the man, "Sounds good we will follow with the RV. We may widen the path for you a bit." Don't know you, so would rather not eat with you. However, he stays for a bit and watches the festivities. Max pauses to consider widening the road, ”Well, I guess if you aren’t comfortable going over. I can send a couple extra men to clear the fallen trees. Yes, that might work. We may be able to use the extra timber.” Then in regards to not joining them for the meal Max shrugs, ”Suit yourself. If you change your mind, your more than welcome to anything we got. ”

Lux took her plate and sat near Max: "Before we head out tomorrow, is there anything we need to know about where we are going?" Max cocks his head to the side, ”Well, I don’t think it would be much different than any other small town. We don’t take kindly to theft. The saloon has a brawl or two occasionally. There are some different stores and services available. Nothing like a big city would have, but it does the job. Biggest thing to remember, don’t go wondering off outside of town. It’s rather easy to get lost. It happens.” Max sighs, ”We don’t lose as many anymore, but we still do. New Nashville isn’t luxurious or anything like that. It’s a place that offers folks a second chance. A place to start over. For some it’s a place of freedom from some of the more restrictive governments, if you know what I mean. And, well, those things come with a cost.”

John and Wolf make idle conversation with some of the other folks in the camp. From what they can tell the camp is about half workers and half transient travelers either coming or going from New Nashville. They hear stories of good time had at the saloon. From what they can tell the marketplace offers a variety of goods and services. Some folks feel they got a fair deal, others feel they may have over paid. One conversation does spark some interest. A gentleman they talk to mentions losing his cousin in the woods. He explains they spent 3 weeks in New Nashville and his younger cousin decided to go hunting one day and never returned. The man spent another two weeks waiting and helping the sheriffs men search but they had no luck.

Heading to New Nashville

In the morning, the team is greeted by a team of men. A quick count puts it at ten men plus Teddy in the front who curtly greets the team, ”Mornin”

John nods at Teddy, "Pleased to meet you." Then he checks the width of the ATRV against the road, scratches his head and says, "This looks like when we were going after Nxla. Either have to be ready to knock down trees the whole way to Nashville or go up in the canopy and bust off branches instead." Nxla. Either have to be ready to knock down trees the whole way to Nashville or go up in the canopy and bust off branches instead." [/b] Teddy replies in what seems like an annoyed tone, ”Yeah, Max said you guys didn’t want to fly over. So, I guess we have to clean up behind. I have my horse over by the trail. We leave in 5 min. The clearing team will ride behind you guys.” Teddy walks away toward the start of the trailing ignoring any attempts that might be made to talk further.

The team all load up and prepare to move into New Nashville. They follow Teddy who is on horse back about 50 yards in front. The trip takes about 3 hours moving at a slower pace as the ATRV downs tress as they go, and the crew works to clear the trail and any trees that fall on the ATRV as it moves along. At the end of the trail, the group comes to a small clearing barely big enough to park the ATRV. They can see the beginning of New Nashville.

Seamus settles the ATRV and the team sees the clearing crew start to head back down the trail now working to cut and process the fallen trees so they can load their carts. Ahead about 100 yards the team can see the town. The buildings all seem to be of a log cabin style construction. They a re simple buildings remind Wolf of something from the west.

Teddy greets the crew at the door to the ATRV, ”This is it. I’ll be heading back with the crew now to clean the mess we made.”

It is mid-morning and the team can see from where they are the town is already busy with people moving here and there.

(The team is located in a clearing just above the north east road on the map)

New Tennessee.jpg
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 38
JIC:1d100 = 40|1d20 = 14
Sensory Equipment vs 50%:1d100 = 88
Pilot: Hovercraft (ground) vs 75%:1d100 = 23

John Altfeld wrote:John follows Seamus to further explain. "No... it's. Ugh. Okay. Will can teleport, right? Lux can go between dimensions? If you turned one of them into a vampire, that vampire could teleport and go between dimensions. It's not about local instability. If you want me to recommend some books...?"

”Perhaps… I was merely considering the idea of a local rifts being the answer to the question: ‘How is a vampire involved here?’” Seamus Lets the implications of what John told him to sink in. ” I think I’de prefer a localized phenomena than a wizard warping vampire.”

Wolf Whitaker wrote:"Mornin' Seamus." Wolf gives a tip of his hat. "Out west coffee was what got everyone going in the mornin'. Whether it was herdin' livestock or getting ready for drop the hammer on a rival. Coffee was what kept everyone ready. And you can't beet fresh coffee while you're on the road. I don't much know how the Coalition does things." Wolf nods towards the camp activity near them, "But this is what I'm used to. These people move a lot. you can tell by the way they make the camp. Watch how they break everything down. Everyone has a job, but there is not much talking. Everyone know what to do."


”Good Morning, Wolf.” Seamus sips the coffee, enjoying the memories the bitter liquid pulled from the depths of his drug ridden noggin; the whispy memories of simpler times. ”Coffee if just as important to us suburbanites. Im sure you could imagine, but the schedules the CS had us on… They should really juice all of their pilots.” Seamus finishes with an ill thought in his head. I hope the CS brass doesn’t come to that conclusion… The Juices shakes the ominous feeling off. ”I know we had our wilderness recon teams, but I was much more… strucrualy based. Sometimes I bunked on a walking or floating fortress, but always within jumping distance of my bird. The battlefields might change outside the windows, but I always returned to the same base and bunk.”

Wakiza wrote:Wak looks around, "Well, we are ready when you are. Seamus follow carefully."
”Roger that Boss.”

Seamus makes sure the vehicle is secured before slowly lifting off, much more comfortable with the controls this morning than he was yesterday. Alright Finch, lets cut the bushes.

Jack Killian wrote:Jack, “So, when we head out, where and what am I doing? Helping Seamus, copilot?"


”Company is always good. If you are good with a gun, maybe go sit in the turret seat, incase something happens? Or wherever you think you would be most effective…” Seamus shrugs, realizing most of his comrades are probably more comfortable when engaged outside of a vehicle. [b]”Do you know how to radar?” Seamus motions to the navigators seat.

As the group set off, Seamus does his best to make the ARTV smaller than it is. He is glad when the guide class a stop to the travels and he can ease the vehicle to the ground. ”And with that ladies and Gentlemen, we have arrived.” Seamus will begin the shutdown procedure on the vehicle, preparing to lock it up so the team can begin their investigation in town. If the surrounding forests are dimensionally unstable, then I doubt I will be going airborne anytime soon.

To Wak, he will ask: ”Do you want me in the air? Or on the ground?
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 10;1d100 = 68


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf steps out from the ARTV stretches and laughs at the trail of destruction left by the oversized vehicle. "Well I guess that's one way to get raw materials. Hell we didn't even charge for it. Thanks for leading the way." Wolf tips his hat to the man.

Looking back to the village Wolf smiles to himself, "Looks like home. Some days I do miss the simple life this kind of live has." How many time have we been to a place like this?...Too many to count...Hopefully this one will not end with us fleeing town like last time...That would be upsetting wouldn't it. So Jameson is the head of the town...Might be hard to get an audience...Well not if it's like other towns we've been in. The town head are usually easy to find...Ya but paranoid and hard to talk to...True.
Wolf looks back to Wak, "So what's the plan boss? Saloon, great place for info. Or did you want to go see the big guy right off the bat?" Wolf waits for Wak to call where the group's focus should be. Wolf also take the time to look over the village to see if anything seems to be overly different from the towns Wolf has been to in the past.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 80

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak says to Seamus, "Just keep it close to the ground, who knows what can happen around here."
Wolf Whitaker wrote: Wolf looks back to Wak, "So what's the plan boss? Saloon, great place for info. Or did you want to go see the big guy right off the bat?"

Wak looks at Wolf, "Hold on a second and hopefully I can figure this out." Hope she is still alive. Wak takes the picture of Alejandra and focuses on it and activates his Remote Viewing (-10) ability to look in on her. Assuming he sees her he will activate his Psionic Seeking (-6) ability to figure out her location.

Psionic Seeking-- 1d100 = 39 / 80%

Once Wak is done he will relay what he has found to his teammates.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Perception 1d100 = 64 /42
JIC 1d100 = 16
JIC 1d20 = 7

Lux stepped off the vehicle and into the morning light. It wasn't a long ride, but it wasn't exactly an easy ride and she was happy to be out.

Being able to sense the presence of vampires and knowing that our mission still seemed to include vampires, Lux kept that in the back of her mind as she looked around. They won't be out in the daylight, but I'll know if there are any around here.

Turning to their leader "Wakiza? What is the plan now that we are here?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 pm

**Rolls Held Over**

Wakiza wrote:Wak looks at Wolf, "Hold on a second and hopefully I can figure this out." Hope she is still alive. Wak takes the picture of Alejandra and focuses on it and activates his Remote Viewing (-10) ability to look in on her. Assuming he sees her he will activate his Psionic Seeking (-6) ability to figure out her location.

Psionic Seeking-- Original post: 1d100 = 39 / 80%

Once Wak is done he will relay what he has found to his teammates.


Wolf nods but does not reply as Wak begins to concentrate and moves off the ramp for others to disembark. Interesting. Is he trying to locate her with some kind of Magic or Psionics...If so it means we'll never be able to escape him...No but it means we can use that to our advantage if we ever need to. Not sure how it works but hey I'm not going to pretend to understand any of that stuff.

Lux BaghDach wrote:Turning to their leader "Wakiza? What is the plan now that we are here?"


Wolf chuckles, "He's concentratin' Missy. He'll be back with us shortly. He's got a different way of doing things. I think he's trying to find our girl or something like that. I'm sure he can explain it when he's done. I haven't the faintest when it comes to that. But you are like Will in that regard aren't you. You got the magic mojo. Interesting stuff." Wolf leans back against the side of the ARTV waiting for Wak to finish doing what ever it is he is doing.
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 28

Early morning with John
"I was trained in a school created by the Lords of Magic. That's as close to godlike as I care to get. Can you imagine the responsibilities involved with being that powerful? Answering prayers and healing the needy. When would you have time to fight the good fight? Hell, I'll settle for you being my god-friend. I'll call you when someone really needs a smiting. And the Commander? Easy. God of Kick-Ass." Will finishes his coffee and gets ready to take off.

New Nashville
The journey to New Nashville is boring for Will. A large mechanical vehicle felling trees while following at low speeds behind another doesn't appeal to him. He goes over his gear in his quarters, does some studying in the book P'kett gave him and keeps himself otherwise occupied. When they arrive, he puts his things away and gets ready to depart once Wakiza gives the word.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 78%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 62

CONDITIONS: John is at approximately 10 feet tall, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

As Will walks away, John smiles and nods, thinking, Don't worry buddy, I'll make sure you're a god. Maybe a demigod. Demigods probably don't hear prayers...

Going through the forest, he tries to shift some of the fallen trees to the side of the road, but doesn't make a real effort. It's more for show that he's "helping."

When they reach the town, John shrinks down to +1 foot so as not to freak the locals out. New Nashville seems like a pretty normal town as far as John can tell.

I bet there's no plumbing...

He keeps watch while Wak does whatever he's doing. If it takes more than a minute, John says to the Commander, "Do you want me to take a stroll around the perimeter while you're making first contact?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:33 am

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 63
JIC:1d100 = 14|1d20 = 9
sensory equipment vs 50%:1d100 = 12

Wakiza wrote:Wak says to Seamus, "Just keep it close to the ground, who knows what can happen around here."


I knew it! This is a fucking ground mission. ”Roger that Boss” Seamus responds to his superior.

The Juicer gets up and move towards the back of the ARTV and his locker. He eyes his Icarus in its storage rack and frowns. ”Should I bring the water gun now? Would that be too obvious?” Seamus eyes the Water canon and laser rifle hanging next to each other.

As he debates the pros of both, The Juicer also gives his new armor a final ready check, hyped to be able to use some actual Naruni gear in the field. ”Comms check. This is Nightengale.” Seamus activates the HUD features and ensures all of his armors features read green. He powers the forcefield on and then off once he ensures it is working. The Juicer extends the retractable blades, ensuring they do not stick. Finally, he keys up both the suits own radar & targeting computer on his HUD, along with the ARTV’s sensor array, just so will have a constant eye on their ride and its surroundings.

Fuck It. Enjoying the extra strength the armors exoskeleton is granting Seamus, the pilot decides to take both, hooking the water canon to the back of his chest rig and opting to hold his Laser Rifle in hand. He leaves the Rail Gun in the ARTV.

Seamus Makes sure he is the last one to leave the vehicle before closing and locking down the vehicle. He looks around at the others gathered and relaxes a little. We may be arriving with little stealth, but I don’t think anyone would consider attacking this group…

To Wolf and Jack, Seamus will quip while they wait for Wakiza to come back to them. ”How long before this becomes a complete clusterfuck you reccon?”

On that note Seamus will look to Lux, curiously. ”No undead warning lights flashing yet? This town doesn’t seem big enough to hide much.

JIC Auto-Dodge
1d20+10 = 30| 1d20+10 = 23| 1d20+10 = 20| 1d20+10 = 22| 1d20+10 = 26| 1d20+10 = 28
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:27 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 10:35 am
Temperature: 75 degrees with 75% Humidity.
Weather: The humidity has been steadily climbing. The clouds are starting to tighten up and darken. There is a chance of rain.


Mini-Reply

Wak stands with Wolf and Lux, holding the photo of the girl. Concentrating hard he attempts remote viewing. With his eyes shut an image appears. It is dark but he can tell there is someone there. In the background he can hear what sounds like water splashing. For a quick instance there is a small flash of light and he sees her. Bound and gagged with her hands in front of her face. She is laying, her eyes are closed but clearly she is breathing. The light fades and it is dark again. Wak hears a mans voice but he can not make out what he is saying. The vision ends.

Feeling pleased and sure the girl is still alive Wak attempts to seek her out psionically. He reaches out with his mind for what seems to be miles but he gets no sense of where she is.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 17 1d100 = 51

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.

Wak nods to Teddy, "thanks."

Wak snaps out of it, Damn, she's not here. Over the radio, "Roughnecks come to me." When they have gathered and no one else is around he explains. "Alejandra isn't within miles of this place. I saw her though. She is in the dark. I can hear water splashing in the background. She is bound and gagged, but at least she is breathing. I heard a male voice, but not what he was saying." He looks to Lux, "You sense any vamps?" When she responds in the negative, "Wander the outskirts of town, all the way around to see if you sense anything. Seamus you go with her and watch her 6." Then he looks him over, "Why do you have a water cannon? It is daylight. No threat from vamps until nightfall. This isn't a movie, they can't be out in the daylight, SPF 3000 won't help them, shade won't help them. They are mostly inactive until the night. Besides, let's not advertise that we are looking for vamps. Some of their slaves might be watching newcomers." He looks at John, "Check the perimeter of this town, discretely. Don't go too far out, don't want to lose you to a rift too." He then looks at Wolf and Jack, "Check the local Saloon. Listen and engage the locals, please be subtle." Finally looks to Will, "Stay with me, Let's browse these stalls and see what we can find and hear. Everyone check in on the team frequency at no more than one hour intervals." He looks back to Lux and Seamus, "come find us when you are done scouting the town. Any questions?" If none, he will wander the stalls with Will.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:25 pm

Perception 1d100 = 99 /42
JIC 1d100 = 14
JIC 1d20 = 1

Lux waits for Seamus to drop the water canon off back at the vehicle before heading to the outskirts of town to walk the perimeter. After years of being a solo nomad, she was enjoying the sense of community that came with this motley group. It has been a long time since I had anyone to look after my 6.

Turning to Seamus, "this place doesn't look too big, shouldn't take us more than an hour, you think?" New Nashville was interesting. Clearly set up with some thought about the layout and organization, anticipating future population growth.

Juan had said that the last letter that he received from his daughter came from New Nashville, and that his daughter went off in search of vampires. So Lux was keenly aware that there could be undead out here.

As they continued up and around the town to the far north west edge, as the density of the trees increased and the density of the development and population decreased, Lux could feel the energy. It reverberated like a light buzzing. "Seamus, have you ever stood close enough to an electric fence where you can hear the voltage? That is the same buzz I am getting in my stomach." There is some sort of dimensional anomaly further up this way.

They waded a bit further away from town, without losing sight of where they came from. The rock outcroppings were a bit craggier and thick set as they continued along this way. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, but not everything up this way was ordinary.

Not wanting to get too far out, Lux opted for them to head back. But not before marking a few trees off their trail to note where this energy oddity had taken her.
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 9;1d100 = 99


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Wolf straightens up and stops leaning on the ARTV. Listening to Wak, Wolf nods, "You got it boss. Look, listen, subtle. You want anything while we're there? Wolf will take a drink order if so requested by Wak or Will.
Wolf elbows Jack, "Alright you and me buddy. What's you poison?" Wolf walks with Jack to the saloon to get a drink.

Wolf takes in the town as he walks. Looking for things outside the norm for a place like this. You mean like yourself?...yes, yes. We are out of the norm. But let's keep a look out for those taking too much interest in us and trying to hide it...I know what to look for. Its usually me telling you what to look for. Wolf heads for the saloon or bar or general watering hole for the town.

Wolf walks in and makes his way to the bar and has a seat. Motioning to himself and Jack, "Two whiskeys please." Wolf will nurse his drink while taking in the conversation around them. For now listening in to the local gossip.

Streetwise-- 1d100 = 61/52% (Wolf looking for things outside the norm for a town like this.)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 8/52% (Wolf to ID anyone taking excessive interest in Wolf and Jack)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 23/52% (Help Wolf ID any potential black market signs or areas in the town)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 66 / 76%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 5

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

John salutes Wakiza. "Aye aye, Commander!"

He then goes back to the ATRV, allowing the others to disperse for a few minutes, before beginning a casual, normal-person stroll around the town's perimeter, stopping every once in a while to examine a tree (particularly hickories or other food trees), or admire the handiwork of a well-built house.

Identify Fruits and Plants: 1d100 = 68 / 81%
Carpentry: 1d100 = 97 / 81%

Yup. Welcome home to another craphole. Random lot layout, dirt 'streets' and apparently a mosquito breeding ground right next to the main square. Why do they have a cesspool there?!? Great home construction, though...

John isn't trying to be particularly stealthy, but if he hears a conversation, he'll move farther out into the woods and try to eavesdrop, see if it's anything of interest, knowing that in a small town like this "talking next to the woods" is how a lot of people try to keep secrets.

Prowl: 1d100 = 74 / 99%

He's also trying to gain better insight of the overall layout of the perimeter, finding any trails that exit the town (other than the one they came in on). Any of those he finds, he makes sure he's not observed and does a quick zip half a mile up and back to see generally where they lead.

John also checks for places where there might have been a struggle or someone left the town without using a trail - a vampire could carry a captive easily, but it would mean their footprints would be deeper than a person without a load. Since vampires can turn into and control wolves, he also looks for canine tracks.

Tracking: People: 1d100 = 28 / 61%
Track and Trap Animals: 1d100 = 19 / 76%


When he's done with his survey, John returns to the ATRV and does a quick sketch of the area to show the team.

Cartography: 1d100 = 46 / 80%
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 12:20 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: The humidity has been steadily climbing. The clouds are thick overhead and it is most likely going to rain.


John starts his search of the perimeter taking note of the exquisite and simple construction of the wood homes. He walks casually taking in the sites and stopping to smell the flowers along the way. He finds the choice of location off putting despite the construction. He stays relatively stealthy from what he can tell and notices most of the traffic is in the marketplace in the center of town. The distance makes trying to hear the conversations difficult.

On the south end of town, which seems more like a village, John find two more well use trails into town. He rather quickly runs down each for a good distance. From what he can tell, along the main trail was smaller tributary style trails leading off to other places. A quick run up one leads him to what seems to be a farmhouse with some cleared land and a small crop. John’s best guess is the tributary trails all lead to personal residences. On his way back toward town he does quickly realize that the current flow of people seems to be into town rather than out of town. The trails are covered in tracks, both human and animal. There are wagon tracks and tire tracks as well. Nothing seems to be created out of strife and all seem to follow the trail.

On his way back to town he walks near a family heading to town. A man riding on a horse leading another horse pulling a wagon with a woman and a girl on it. He hears the girl speak, ”Papa, if we sell the corn for a good price, could I buy a new dress. It’s been a while since I have.” The woman riding next to the girl interrupts her, ”What you have is fine Belle, besides, you don’t want any of those men looking at you. And we don’t want to spend too much time in town. Ever since your brother went off to work the routes for Jameson, it hasn’t been the same.”

Lux and Seamus walk along the outside of town, at times dipping into the woods without losing site of the town. Lux feels the dimensional anomalies near although they have yet to see one. Making their way back into to town and walking around the outside they examine the houses. Looking into the windows they come to a quick conclusion. Most are built in the style of a bunkhouse. One or two reminds them more of a bed and breakfast. None of the outer homes seem to be personal dwellings.

Taking pause and looking into the market area the two notice that traffic at the stalls has started to pick up. With the day moving along and it is nearing noon, it seems that people have started to make their way into town and are trading goods and generally gathering in the square. Listening to the conversations they can hear returns various comments like, ”Well, that wasn’t such a bad deal.” and ”Damn, I got more last time.”

Making their way around and to the south end of the town Seamus and Lux find themselves and the splitting of the two southern trails and see a young woman sitting in a patch of grass and crying. No one in the town seems to pay any attention to her.

Wolf and Jack make their way into the saloon which is not hard to find. With the minimal amount of buildings in town it is the only place that seems to offer food and drink. There are a couple small tables outside and the door is open. The two men walk in and make their way to the bar. Wolf orders two whiskeys assuming Jack is also in the mood for a drink. The bar tender look at the men and back at the clock. ”Pretty early for drinks, you two coming off the third shift?” He turns around takes a brown bottle off the self and fills two glasses half way. Placing the glasses in front of Wolf and Jack he asks, ”Just one round, or should I start a tab?”

Wolf, unsure of how long it will take tells the man to start a tab. When they arrive, the bar is mostly empty. One table towards the back has two men sitting eating breakfast but that is it. Sitting patiently and nursing their warm whiskey pay off though as the bar starts to fill a little as time moves on. Around noon two men walk into the bar, they stop near the front entrance looking for a table and decide to take the one closest to the bar. Siting, looking at the menu the men talk. Will hears one man say, ”Can you believe the boss wants more. How is that supposed to work? I thought this was supposed to be low key. Won’t that raise suspicion?” The other man looks up from the menu to see Wolf and Jack sitting at the bar and turns to the first and says, ”Shut up! This isn’t the place. Order your god damn lunch and let’s get back at it.”

From what Wolf and Jack can make out the bar seems to be about half and half, workers to patrons. It is easy to make out the hard faces of the men like the ones they saw at the first camp in contrast to the local farmers and visitors coming to New Nashville for various reasons.

Wak and Will make their way around the marketplace looking at the various wares and goods. They find some stalls offering canned goods and dried meats. Other stalls offer fresh vegetables. There are some equipment stalls with minimal survival gear and weapons. Most all the gear looks second hand in nature. As the morning paces on and it gets closer to noon the traffic in the marketplace increases as people make their way into town.

The two men listen to conversations as they meander the crowd and mostly here people talking of things they are looking for and things they are looking to sell or trade with the vendors. Most people seem simple at best. Occasionally they see men walking through the crown that seem less interested in the stalls and more interested in the people. They have the same watchful and investigatory way about them that Will and Wak have. They walk through watching, stopping near people to listen, then walking away. Wak and will aren’t sure what the men’s intent is, they seem to be shopping, but they know for sure they are not shopping in the stalls.

Pickled Wyvern Tavern.jpg
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 85


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Bar Tender wrote:The bar tender look at the men and back at the clock. ”Pretty early for drinks, you two coming off the third shift?” He turns around takes a brown bottle off the self and fills two glasses half way. Placing the glasses in front of Wolf and Jack he asks, ”Just one round, or should I start a tab?”


Wolf nods to the man, "To early for most people I guess. We actually just got into town. Might be looking for some good work if we can find it. What kind of work around here is constant enough to have a third shift?" Wolf is casual in his questions and sound generally intrigued. "Please start a tab. If it's alright with you. The road here isn't the easiest. My friend and I are looking to possibly stay a little while before heading on. If one were looking to make a few credits in that time who would we talk to?" Wolf keeps his voice low but conversational. Bar keeps are the best source of information...just make sure you do this well so you don't become information yourself...I haven't told him anything untrue or overly informative. This place seems to get a lot of transient traffic for its location...Make sure you are able to leave when the time comes...I will, i got this...Good it would be a shame to ruin this nice bar with gun fire.

Streetwise-- 1d100 = 12/52% Pass (What kind of less reputable jobs are likely to be going on here that would require third shift hours)
Interrogation-- 1d100 = 29/70% Pass (Elicitation, the art of steering a conversation where you want for the information you want without the person realizing your digging for info. For the above conversation)

Loud Mouth Thugs wrote:Around noon two men walk into the bar, they stop near the front entrance looking for a table and decide to take the one closest to the bar. Siting, looking at the menu the men talk. Will hears one man say, ”Can you believe the boss wants more. How is that supposed to work? I thought this was supposed to be low key. Won’t that raise suspicion?” The other man looks up from the menu to see Wolf and Jack sitting at the bar and turns to the first and says, ”Shut up! This isn’t the place. Order your god damn lunch and let’s get back at it.”


When lunch rolls around Wolf will order some food for himself and Jack. Wolf does not react when he hears the two gentlemen talking. Interesting. I wonder what they are talking about...Sounds like acquiring more of something, but what?...Something that would be conspicuous if a lot of it went missing...Like people...There was talk of people going missing in the woods. From dimensional instability they said. What if it's a cover for kidnappings...That would explain a few things...The town leadership would be in on it. Getting kickbacks. Corruption is the basic economy in a place like this...We must be careful...I remember any hint at a power disruption and things will get ugly...Vamps can be out in the day so we should be good there. These guys are likely servants of them...I would guess unknowing servants. We could risk talking to them seeing if we can get any information. Maybe pose as people looking for employment...if you want to tip your hand. These guys don't seem the brightest. Radio Wak and see if we can follow them to their destination...Good idea. You trust Wak now?...No but I trust the people we came here with over anyone in this town, and you are rather distinctive. They might spot you trying to follow them even as dense as they are.

Wolf will whisper to Jack in Spanish, "Asegúrese de que nadie aquí pueda escuchar su radio. O apáguelo. No puedo permitir que mi voz resuene en la habitación en un momento." Wolf will then wave the bar keep over, "Is there a spot out back to relieve myself?" When the bar tender confirms there is, "Thank you, I'll be back in a moment." Wolf will exit the back of the bar. Wolf moves over to the area used to relieve yourself. If there is no one around Wolf will key his radio, "Wak. Wolf. Overheard a few people talking about a boss wanting more of something. They way they were talkin' I would hazard a guess at people being what their aftr'. It could be the dimensional instability is being used as cover for kidnappings. If you or Will can pick them up as they leave the bar that would be good. They sat next to me and Jack. (Wolf provides a description of the two men.) We'll follow shortly after they leave." Wolf will wait for any response from Wak and then head back into the bar.

Translation
Make sure your radio can't be heard by anyone in here. Or turn it off. I can't have my voice blasting through the room in a moment.


Once back inside Wolf sits back down at his food. Wolf settles up with the bar tender with one more round of whiskey for himself and Jack. This way Wolf and Jack will not have to wait on paying should the two men leave suddenly, and the whiskey will give them a reason to remain at the bar for an extended period of time. After the men leave Wolf will get up and motion for Jack to do the same, "Come on lazy bones. We ain't goin' to get any work just sittin' here all day." Wolf will move for the exit. Once outside he will try and pick up on the two men from the bar and see where they might be heading.

Streetwise-- 1d100 = 16/52% Pass (To not draw attention to looking for the men. Make it look like he's just looking around and not for something specific)
Streetwise-- 1d100 = 2/52% Crit Pass (To remain a discreet distance from the men and follow where they are going. Without being spotted)
Prowl-- 1d100 = 58/65% Pass (To blend in with the crowd while following them men)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56 / 76%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 10

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

As John listens to the conversation coming from the cart, he's carried back in time. Who wants leather pants anyway! You'll sweat too much in them! They're not practical! Corn is life! I'll show you, mom and dad!

He moves fast enough to catch up with the father on his horse, while not being fast enough to be conspicuous. When John comes up alongside Papa, he say, "Pardon me sir, but I couldn't help overhear you're looking to sell that corn. If you don't mind stopping for a moment, I may be interested in purchasing it from you."

Assuming the man stops, John does a slight bow. "I'm passing through from another town. And, because I'm only here for a limited time, I'm willing to throw in a few bolts of cloth on top of the value of the corn. I understand what it's like to have to live crop to crop."

Screw you, mom and dad! I'm buying your farm!... Note to self. Set up false front to buy all farms besides Mom and Dad's for me. Make family rich. Throw very-good party.

He pauses. "Do you... use credits here or is this a barter situation?"
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Perception 1d100 = 52 /42
JIC 1d100 = 70
JIC 1d20 = 16

Hannibal wrote:Making their way around and to the south end of the town Seamus and Lux find themselves and the splitting of the two southern trails and see a young woman sitting in a patch of grass and crying. No one in the town seems to pay any attention to her.


As they pass the girl sitting by herself, crying, Lux grabs Seamus by the hand, gives two quick squeezes to get his attention, and then nods back in the girl's direction. Lux didn't want to make a scene over her, especially when no one else around here was.

When a woman is crying in public and no one gives it a second look, it is usually for one of only a few reasons. Either she has made a habit of crying in public, and everyone is acting normal because this is normal. Or everyone already knows why she is crying, and can't bear to ask her how she is doing, when they already know the tragic answer.

Lux approaches cautiously. Deep breath in, soft smile, deep breath out. She gets close enough to the girl to seem friendly, but not within easy striking distance, and kneels down. "Excuse me. Are you ok?" Lux looked back at Seamus, and the look on his face practically screamed that was a dumb question - does she look like she is ok?

"I'm Lux. What's your name? Want to tell me what happened?"
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 12:20 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: The humidity has been steadily climbing. The clouds are thick overhead and it is most likely going to rain.


Mini-Update

Wolf Whitaker wrote:Wolf nods to the man, "To early for most people I guess. We actually just got into town. Might be looking for some good work if we can find it. What kind of work around here is constant enough to have a third shift?" Wolf is casual in his questions and sound generally intrigued. "Please start a tab. If it's alright with you. The road here isn't the easiest. My friend and I are looking to possibly stay a little while before heading on. If one were looking to make a few credits in that time who would we talk to?"


The bartender nods at Wolf, "Road can be tough. Most folks around here make money 1 of two ways. They either trade or sell some kind of goods or service or they work for Jameson. Jameson always seems to be hiring. He has lots of men round, I'm sure you seen em coming in to town. Some work as guides for folks leaving and coming. Some work as transportation for goods Jameson brings in and out of town himself. Either way, if you don't have anything to trade or sell, that's the only other option." The bartender smiles and nods again, "I'll get your tab open. Let me know if you need anything else."

John Altfeld wrote: When John comes up alongside Papa, he say, "Pardon me sir, but I couldn't help overhear you're looking to sell that corn. If you don't mind stopping for a moment, I may be interested in purchasing it from you. I'm passing through from another town. And, because I'm only here for a limited time, I'm willing to throw in a few bolts of cloth on top of the value of the corn. I understand what it's like to have to live crop to crop.

He pauses. [b]"Do you... use credits here or is this a barter situation?"


The man smiles and looks back at his wife who has a distrusting look on her face. Turning back to John he says, "Is this some sort of scam? You gonna try to low ball me then sell for more in town?" The man pauses to think for a moment then looks back at his daughter. "Tell you what mister. I'll let the whole bunch go for. Well, 3 thousand credits, not a penny less. We'll take that cloth you mentioned as well. If you can agree to that, we gots a deal."

Lux BaghDach wrote: "Excuse me. Are you ok?" Lux looked back at Seamus, and the look on his face practically screamed that was a dumb question - does she look like she is ok?
"I'm Lux. What's your name? Want to tell me what happened?"


The girl looks up at Lux sobbing, "I lost my brother. We came to town yesterday. Ma sent us to fetch some dried meat. We were in the market, I turned away for a minute and then he was gone. I looked everywhere. I found the sheriff, I told him. He said he would let the guides know to look out for him on the roads. He said other than that there wasn't much he could do. I have been here all night, waiting. Hoping he would come back. Nobody sees to care. Except you." The girls wipes tears from her eyes and tries to gain her composure, "Will you help me?"
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:04 am

ROLLS HELD

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

John nods at the man. "Sure, 5,000 like you just said. You can either have it in straight credits or a fully-charged eclip. Your call. Just bring this wagon over to my ride so I can dump this in a crate. It's just on the other side of the market. I'll show you."

As they walk, John purposefully slows down to make sure they have time to talk, "I heard you say your son works 'the routes' for Jameson. Is that good work?"

After the man answers, John adds, "Everyone around here keeps talking about this Jameson guy. Even way back downriver. He must be a pretty popular guy to have that kind of word of mouth."
Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:25 pm

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 35
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 25

Jack follows Wolf to the bar, he knows a little drink isn’t going to hurt anything. When wolf orders the two drink, Jack says, "Thank you mate, I got the next one.” when wolf talks about setting up a tab. he knows there won't be any need. Jack add, "OK I got the next place".

The bar tender look at the men and back at the clock. ”Pretty early for drinks, you two coming off the third shift?” He turns around takes a brown bottle off the self and fills two glasses half way. Placing the glasses in front of Wolf and Jack he asks, ”Just one round, or should I start a tab?”


Jack smiles and speaks up, “Must be third shift somewhere in the world. Just a bit to help clean the throat.”

Jack moves with Wolf and sits at a table to watch the folks come in. Jack is enjoying the crowd watching . He wishes if there were more ladies in here, but there seems to be workers and farmers.

When Wolf starts talking Spanish he quickly stops Wollf “Hold on to the tiger for a minute, got to turn my device on. There now continue.” The translator is on.

Wolf will whisper to Jack in Spanish, "Asegúrese de que nadie aquí pueda escuchar su radio. O apáguelo. No puedo permitir que mi voz resuene en la habitación en un momento." Wolf will then wave the bar keep over, "Is there a spot out back to relieve myself?" When the bar tender confirms there is, "Thank you, I'll be back in a moment." Wolf will exit the back of the bar. Wolf moves over to the area used to relieve yourself. If there is no one around Wolf will key his radio, "Wak. Wolf. Overheard a few people talking about a boss wanting more of something. The way they were talkin' I would hazard a guess at people being what their after'. It could be the dimensional instability is being used as cover for kidnappings. If you or Will can pick them up as they leave the bar that would be good. They sat next to me and Jack. (Wolf provides a description of the two men.) We'll follow shortly after they leave."


Wolf will wait for any response from Wak and then head back into the bar. when he hears the first half he reduces the radio, and he becomes more suspicious of the two men.

Jack uses his minds power See Aura ( 6 I.S.P.) to check these two guys out.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:45 pm

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 96
JIC:1d100 = 67|1d20 = 2

Wakiza wrote: He looks to Lux, "You sense any vamps?" When she responds in the negative, "Wander the outskirts of town, all the way around to see if you sense anything. Seamus you go with her and watch her 6." Then he looks him over, "Why do you have a water cannon? It is daylight. No threat from vamps until nightfall. This isn't a movie, they can't be out in the daylight, SPF 3000 won't help them, shade won't help them. They are mostly inactive until the night. Besides, let's not advertise that we are looking for vamps. Some of their slaves might be watching newcomers."

”Sure thing Boss, Just trying to be prepared.” But, caves! Dude you are totally gunna come across a crazy cave network when we are alone.

He Looks to Lux and gives her a sheepish look.”Give me a moment and Ill be ready to head out.” Seamus will head back to the vehicle and unload his water cannon, replacing his laser rifle in the shoulder slot so his hands can be free. Wakiza said to stay on the ground… He looks longingly at his jet pack. Next time. He heads back out to Lux.

Lux BaghDach wrote:Turning to Seamus, "this place doesn't look too big, shouldn't take us more than an hour, you think?" New Nashville was interesting. Clearly set up with some thought about the layout and organization, anticipating future population growth.


”If that. This place is tiny.” Seamus surveys the town, wondering what dangers it holds for his team. A thought occurs to him. ”How is your ability to determine dimensional travel hootenanny? I’m thinking we should make sure to keep our circle tight and not loose sight of the town itself.” We needed guides to get here. The woods around the town are most likely not safe.

No matter her answer, Seamus falls in, letting the mage take the lead. He tries his best to keep his orientation on the ground as they begin their circle. ”So… Magic, huh? Whats that like?” Seamus starts lamely. He shuts up.

Lux BaghDach wrote:As they continued up and around the town to the far north west edge, as the density of the trees increased and the density of the development and population decreased, Lux could feel the energy. It reverberated like a light buzzing. "Seamus, have you ever stood close enough to an electric fence where you can hear the voltage? That is the same buzz I am getting in my stomach." There is some sort of dimensional anomaly further up this way.


”I have worked around planes most of my professional career, I have some exposure to heavy electrical currents. No vampires yet?” Seamus perks up, and slowly pulls out his rifle, more for his comfort than any sense of being useful with it. You are going to be wanting your water gun.

”Your call. You want to investigate?” When Lux decides to fall back, Seamus does his best to hide his relief. When he sees her marking their location he pulls out his own knife and begins easily carving some X’s in a number of the trees on the opposite side of the path of Lux’s markings.

Lux BaghDach wrote:
Hannibal wrote:Making their way around and to the south end of the town Seamus and Lux find themselves and the splitting of the two southern trails and see a young woman sitting in a patch of grass and crying. No one in the town seems to pay any attention to her.


As they pass the girl sitting by herself, crying, Lux grabs Seamus by the hand, gives two quick squeezes to get his attention, and then nods back in the girl's direction. Lux didn't want to make a scene over her, especially when no one else around here was.

When a woman is crying in public and no one gives it a second look, it is usually for one of only a few reasons. Either she has made a habit of crying in public, and everyone is acting normal because this is normal. Or everyone already knows why she is crying, and can't bear to ask her how she is doing, when they already know the tragic answer.

Lux approaches cautiously. Deep breath in, soft smile, deep breath out. She gets close enough to the girl to seem friendly, but not within easy striking distance, and kneels down. "Excuse me. Are you ok?" Lux looked back at Seamus, and the look on his face practically screamed that was a dumb question - does she look like she is ok?

"I'm Lux. What's your name? Want to tell me what happened?"


Seamus nods and moves behind Lux as she approaches the woman. He at position, playing the roll of bodyguard to Lux. ”If you in need of assistance mam, we may be able top help. My associate is a skilled healer.” And super mage. Lets not flaunt that yet.

Hannibal wrote: The girl looks up at Lux sobbing, "I lost my brother. We came to town yesterday. Ma sent us to fetch some dried meat. We were in the market, I turned away for a minute and then he was gone. I looked everywhere. I found the sheriff, I told him. He said he would let the guides know to look out for him on the roads. He said other than that there wasn't much he could do. I have been here all night, waiting. Hoping he would come back. Nobody sees to care. Except you." The girls wipes tears from her eyes and tries to gain her composure, "Will you help me?"


Lost. ”We happen to be rather good at finding people. What could you tell us about your brother? Do you have a picture or any of his belongings by chance?” Seamus is about to continue but stops himself, instead letting the much les imposing Lux take over. ”Im sorry for your loss mam.” He will take a step back and let Lux comfort the woman and perhaps get some answers from her.

Turning off his suits outside speakers, Seamus will check in with Wakiza or Will if he can raise them on the radio. ”This is Nightingale. We have found some leads. We are following up on one in town currently.” He keeps his message short, knowing even a privately secured channel could be monitored. I wonder how many newly arrived travelers go missing around here. His mind won’t let the dimensional anomaly Lux mentioned go.
JIC Auto-Dodge
1d20+10 = 20| 1d20+10 = 13| 1d20+10 = 13| 1d20+10 = 12| 1d20+10 = 30| 1d20+10 = 18
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 63

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
-Wak is using his new skills to see if he or one of his team is being tailed. -To realize you are being tailed -- 1d100 = 17 / 106%

Wak is wandering through the market, Maybe we should buy some supplies, at least some food. It is always a good idea to make friends in new territory. He looks at Will and quietly says, "Let's buy a few things, mainly some food supplies for the RV, can't hurt to make a few people happy to have us around. To bad our old chef isn't still with us, he would love that job." As he starts to look he hears a radio call for Wolf

Wolf Whitaker wrote: If there is no one around Wolf will key his radio, "Wak. Wolf. Overheard a few people talking about a boss wanting more of something. They way they were talkin' I would hazard a guess at people being what their aftr'. It could be the dimensional instability is being used as cover for kidnappings. If you or Will can pick them up as they leave the bar that would be good. They sat next to me and Jack. (Wolf provides a description of the two men.) We'll follow shortly after they leave." Wolf will wait for any response from Wak and then head back into the bar.

Wak responds, "On my way. Click the radio three times if they get up to leave. I'll try to get a eye on them from outside, and I will follow them when they leave. Follow me after that, but keep a distance from me. Good job." Wak heads over to the bar and tries to find a location outside that allows him to see the two Wolf is describing.

-To maintain tail -- 1d100 = 51 / 111%
-To realize he has been made -- 1d100 = 40 / 111%

If Wak gets eyes on them he will try to appear nonchalant and use Telepathy Superior (-10 isp) to dig into their heads. He will look into kidnapping people, where he takes them, who this boss is, and any details about this boss. Wak will look into both of their heads.

Seamus Finch wrote: Seamus will check in with Wakiza or Will if he can raise them on the radio. ”This is Nightingale. We have found some leads. We are following up on one in town currently.”

Wak nods to himself and replies, "Good job. Follow up and keep me apprised of what you are doing."
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/51%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 87

Wakiza wrote:He looks at Will and quietly says, "Let's buy a few things, mainly some food supplies for the RV, can't hurt to make a few people happy to have us around. To bad our old chef isn't still with us, he would love that job."

"Easy. I'm hungry and hungry men need to eat. I miss Cale's stew." He walks around and finds himself at a meat counter. "Two sticks of Ostrasaur please." Will spends a little of his hard earned money on some delicacy meats at the market. If he sees Wak eyeing him questioningly, he'll respond "What? I've never had Ostrasaur before." He makes his way to the weapons stall and peruses the wares. If available, he purchases a nice knife. "This should come in handy. Thank you." If he sees any booths with gemstones, he heads to them and gets a serious look on his face. This is what I need. He'll get a list of all the gems they have available and pricing as well.

Will listens to the radio call calmly and Wak's reply as well.

When Will notices the observant men, he tips Wak off about it. "Don't look too hard, but there's some men sussing out the crowd right now. Could be they're after what those men in the bar are after. Why don't you head to the bar to help out and I'll see about these men out here. I'll hit the comms if I need you."

Will heads to a stall near the two who are checking people out and checks out their auras for more information. Whatever stall he ends up at, he asks about the wares inquisitively and with interest.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:16 pm

Rolls as above

Wak smiles slightly, "Never had any dino meat either, let's try it. Yes I know, his stew was pretty damn tasty. miss that salty bastard." Wak nods, "Good eyes Will, call if you need me and find out what you can." He heads off, Lovely place this is, many good people and many who are not. He goes to the bar.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:40 am

**Rolls Held Over**

Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise


Bartender wrote:The bartender nods at Wolf, "Road can be tough. Most folks around here make money 1 of two ways. They either trade or sell some kind of goods or service or they work for Jameson. Jameson always seems to be hiring. He has lots of men round, I'm sure you seen em coming in to town. Some work as guides for folks leaving and coming. Some work as transportation for goods Jameson brings in and out of town himself. Either way, if you don't have anything to trade or sell, that's the only other option." The bartender smiles and nods again, "I'll get your tab open. Let me know if you need anything else."


Wolf looks at the bartender, "Any idea on how well Jameson pays? I'm sure you hear the gossip about any kind of pay issues. And "Transportation" is rather broad. Sounds like security to me. Not a bad gig as long as nothing happens on your shift." What are you looking for?...Not sure. Just info right now. Jameson seems to be our best lead so the more we can find out about how he is viewed from the town the better...Don't poke to hard, seems like he is the main bread bringer for the people here...could be. Could also be something else here to...Lets hope not. You'll have the whole town after you.


Wakiza wrote:Wak responds, "On my way. Click the radio three times if they get up to leave. I'll try to get a eye on them from outside, and I will follow them when they leave. Follow me after that, but keep a distance from me. Good job." Wak heads over to the bar and tries to find a location outside that allows him to see the two Wolf is describing.


Wolf responds to Wak, "Copy. Will do." Wolf heads back into the bar. (See original post)

When the two men get up to leave, Wolf will key his radio three times to signal Wak. Wolf will then continue per the original post.

Palming-- 1d100 = 52/60% Pass (To key the radio without alerting people to his movements)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Perception 1d100 = 86 /42
JIC 1d100 = 98
JIC 1d20 = 13


Hannibal wrote:The girl looks up at Lux sobbing, "I lost my brother. We came to town yesterday. Ma sent us to fetch some dried meat. We were in the market, I turned away for a minute and then he was gone. I looked everywhere. I found the sheriff, I told him. He said he would let the guides know to look out for him on the roads. He said other than that there wasn't much he could do. I have been here all night, waiting. Hoping he would come back. Nobody sees to care. Except you." The girls wipes tears from her eyes and tries to gain her composure, "Will you help me?"


"I am here with my friends because we are also looking for someone who went missing." I wonder if they're missing in the same place?

"For us to be able to help you, we are going to need more information. Tell us what happened yesterday. Did you see anyone or anything suspicious in the market before your brother went missing? Has there been anything out of the ordinary at home that has been going on? Have you heard of anyone else going missing, either here or back home?"

Lux turned back to Seamus, "Should we meet up with the guys in the market, and see if anyone knows anything else there?"

Turning back to the girl, "We are going to go back to our group and tell them about what you've told us about your brother. I'm sorry if it seems like others don't care, because we do."

Once Seamus and Lux get all of the information from the girl, they will meet up with the group and fill them in.
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 12:40 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: The humidity has been steadily climbing. The clouds are thick overhead and it is most likely going to rain.


John nods at the man. "Sure, 5,000 like you just said. You can either have it in straight credits or a fully-charged eclip. Your call. Just bring this wagon over to my ride so I can dump this in a crate. It's just on the other side of the market. I'll show you."

The man’s eyes go wide, and the biggest smile John has ever seen forms on his face. He turns to his wife and she kisses the man. He turns back to John and says. ”Sure. Sure. We can deliver the corn wherever. You are an angel. Sir, you don’t know what this means for my family.”

As they walk, John purposefully slows down to make sure they have time to talk, "I heard you say your son works 'the routes' for Jameson. Is that good work?"

The man’s joy seems to be sucked from his body when John mentions the son. The wife’s head drops in sadness as well. ”It was. At first. John was a guide at first. Helping folks from the river and back. It paid well. Between the farm and his job, we all lived surprisingly good. Then, well, John came home and said he had gotten a promotion. They wanted him to help with security on Jameson’s private distributions. John was excited. The money is double. I think that’s all he could see. The downside, the trips are much longer. Sometimes 6 months. Sometimes folks don’t make it back. The transports are attacked, and people get hurt and die. It’s been 4 months since we heard from him. We have been making due, but, everybody misses him dearly.”

After the man answers, John adds, "Everyone around here keeps talking about this Jameson guy. Even way back downriver. He must be a pretty popular guy to have that kind of word of mouth."

”Well, I guess popular is one way of putting it. He runs the town. Like the Mayor of sorts. We don’t vote or anything like that. He started New Nashville. Set up a place and started purchasing from local farmers after harvest. Then he brought in vendors to sell supplies. The place has just grown since then. Those folks you met on the river. They may have been working for Jameson. He makes his own personal purchases and shipments. That’s how he makes a good bit of his money. He owns the tavern too. Lives there even.”

The group makes it to the ATRV and the farmer helps John load the corn in the back of the ATRV. When they are done the man offers John his hand and gives him a hearty hand shake, ”Thank you!”

Lux and Seamus approach the crying girl and she tells the two her brother is missing. Seamus interjects, ”We happen to be rather good at finding people. What could you tell us about your brother? Do you have a picture or any of his belongings by chance?” Worried he may scare the girl he pulls back and finishes, ”Im sorry for your loss mam.” The girl looks at him and her eyes begin to water. Seamus turn off his armor speakers and radios the team, ”This is Nightingale. We have found some leads. We are following up one in town currently.”

Lux responds to the girl, "I am here with my friends because we are also looking for someone who went missing. For us to be able to help you, we are going to need more information. Tell us what happened yesterday. Did you see anyone or anything suspicious in the market before your brother went missing? Has there been anything out of the ordinary at home that has been going on? Have you heard of anyone else going missing, either here or back home?"

The girls turns to Lux, ”I, I don’t know. Much. People go missing. Usually its on the trails. That’s why mom sent us together. I didn’t notice anything in the market. The patrols were walking the crowd like they usually do. I was trying to find out if the market had dried venison. I only turned away for a minute.” At the thought the girl breaks down into tears again.

Lux turns to Seamus, "Should we meet up with the guys in the market, and see if anyone knows anything else there?"

Turning back to the girl, "We are going to go back to our group and tell them about what you've told us about your brother. I'm sorry if it seems like others don't care, because we do."

The girl looks up at Lux, ”Your leaving? Can I come? Or are you going to give up like the others?”

Lux and Seamus head back to the ATRV to meet with the others. When they arrive they see John loading corn into the ATRV with what seems to be a farmer. (OOC, please tell me if you take the girl with you in the next post)

Before heading outside to radio the team Wolf asks the bartender, "Any idea on how well Jameson pays? I'm sure you hear the gossip about any kind of pay issues. And "Transportation" is rather broad. Sounds like security to me. Not a bad gig as long as nothing happens on your shift."

The bartender shrugs, ”Don’t know. I’m guessing its good. Lots of folks do it. I haven’t really ever heard anyone complaining about pay.” At the mention that is sounds like “Security” the bartender shrugs. ”You can talk to him yourself, he should be back in an hour or two.”

Wolf goes outside to radio the team while jack watches the two men. "Wak. Wolf. Overheard a few people talking about a boss wanting more of something. They way they were talkin' I would hazard a guess at people being what their aftr'. It could be the dimensional instability is being used as cover for kidnappings. If you or Will can pick them up as they leave the bar that would be good. They sat next to me and Jack. They look pretty much like the guys from the river. Nothing remarkable about them. We'll follow shortly after they leave."

Inside Jack watches the two, he concentrates and looks for the glow around them seeing what he can gleen from it. From what he can tell they are human (medium level experience), he can sense the presence of psychic abilities in one but not the other. Neither seems possessed. Neither shows the presence of any aberrations.

Wak responds over the radio, ” On my way. Click the radio three times if they get up to leave. I'll try to get a eye on them from outside, and I will follow them when they leave. Follow me after that, but keep a distance from me. Good job."

Wolf acknowledges the instructions and heads back into the bar to sit with Jack. The two men sit quietly know, eating their meals. They don’t show any signs of urgency in their action and order a second round of beer.

Wak and Will make their way through the market. Walking slowly Wak suggests, ” "Let's buy a few things, mainly some food supplies for the RV, can't hurt to make a few people happy to have us around. Too bad our old chef isn't still with us, he would love that job."He starts to look around at what is available when Wolf radios the team.

He replies to Wolf and then makes his way to the tavern to watch from the outside. Noticing the men in the crowd Will tells Wak, "Don't look too hard, but there's some men sussing out the crowd right now. Could be they're after what those men in the bar are after. Why don't you head to the bar to help out and I'll see about these men out here. I'll hit the comms if I need you." Will decides to stay in the market and observe the men. He sidles up to a stall and evaluates the men’s aura. He can easily tell both men possess some kind of psychic ability but that is about it.

One of the men notice Will looking hard at them and lets the other man know. Will turns to make small talk with the vendor. (Roll Save Vs Psychic next post please)

Along the way Seamus radios the team as well and Wak replies, "Good job. Follow up and keep me apprised of what you are doing." Wak arrives just outside the tavern. He does not see anyone enter or leave.

(Anyone outside) The clouds finally open as the rain starts to come down. It is a light drizzle but steady. Looking up at the sky it is hard to tell how long it will last as the clouds are dark in all directions. As Wak stands by watching a man walks in the Tavern. He walks with confidence and holds himself with a bit of importance in his demeanor.

Inside the Bar, A man walks in the front door. At seeing the man, the two men having lunch call to him cheerfully, ”Jameson.” The man nods to them, walks around the bar and enters a door behind the bar. The bartender approaches Wolf, ”He bud, you want me to introduce you to the boss?”

Location at the end of the GM post.

Will – In the market
Wak – Just outside the Tavern
John, Lux and Seamus – At the ATRV
Wolf and Jack – Inside the Tavern

Pickled Wyvern Tavern.jpg
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby John Altfeld » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43 / 76%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 77

CONDITIONS: John is +1 foot, See Invisible, Radar, Immune to Possession.

As they unload, John casually says, "Well, it sounds like your son's getting paid alright even if it's a tough assignment. Whereabouts did he go this last time? We'll be heading out soon and if I'm going that way, I can pass him a message from you all. What's his name?"

Yes. Let that accent hang out, buddy.

When John's new friend mentions Jameson living in the tavern, he stops unloading the corn. "You can do that?!?"

Why don't I live in a bar?!?

When they're done, John holds his hand out to the man to shake. "I'm John," he says, "Thanks for selling me your corn. I love corn. Really you're doing me a favor."

As the man and his family depart, John smiles and waves at them. Maybe I'll be the new Jameson after this. I'd do a much better job...

To Seamus and Lux, he says, "I hope you two like floor corn. I couldn't find any crates, so I put the corn on the floor. That's where it lives now."


If the crying girl is with them, he adds, "Hello tiny girl. I'm John. Dry your eyes on this corn silk. Hopefully it will assuage your sorrow with its softness. Whatever happened we'll fix it."

Definitely Not a God. Yet.
P.P.E.: 16/16
H.P./M.D.C.: 108/108
Pebble M.D.C.: 300/300
Growth M.D.C.: +15/+150/+525/+1,290/15/150/510/1,290

Important Combat Stats
Number of Attacks: 10
Initiative Bonus: +13
Strike Bonus: +8 (+8/+8/+10/+10)
Parry Bonus: +12(+12/+12/+14/+14) +2 with sword/staff
Dodge Bonus: +17 (+19/+19/+15/+15)
Auto-Dodge Bonus: +5 (+5/+5/+1/+1)
Bonus to Disarm: +3
Supernatural Strength Punch Damage: 3d6(5d6)+12/5d6(6d6)+12/1d6x10+22(+32)/1d6x10+72(+82)
Juicer Football Body Block/Tackle: Knocks one's opponent to the ground (90% chance if target is smaller than attacker, 60% if the same weight, 50% if target is up to 50% larger, 20% if 100% larger, no chance if target is over 100% larger).
Immunities and Damage Reduction
Immune to:
• Cold
• Radiation
• Suffocation (can breathe without air)
• Depressurization
• Ocean depths/pressure (unlimited)
• Vampire bite/can't be turned undead
• Blindness and Darkness (except in smoke/sandstorm/fog that fouls Radar power)
• Fatigue (Never tires)
• Small bits of flying debris

Reduced Damage From:
• Magic Cold - Half Damage
• Heat/Fire - Half Damage
• Poison/Toxins/Drugs - Duration, penalties and symptoms are 1/3 normal
Enhanced Sight Effects
• Radar 400'
• See the invisible
User avatar
John Altfeld
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 am

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wolf Whitaker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23/30%
JIC: 1d20 = 1;1d100 = 22


Paranoia Thought Text


Active Effects:
  • HF: 12
  • (Opponents must roll to save vs horror factor whenever the Gunslinger makes a serious threat (stop or else ... ) and again if and when he first draws his weapon on a character. Likewise, those who attack a Gunslinger must roll to save vs Horror Factor whenever facing the Gunslinger in a one-on-one showdown, duel, or shootout, and whenever an opponent makes his first move to attack the Gunslinger, even if the gunslinger isn't aware the character plans to attack.)
  • Integrated Sensor Pod - NE Armor
    • 360° scanning capability
    • Allows user to dodge all attack, even those from behind and/or surprise



Conversation in the Bar wrote:Inside the Bar, A man walks in the front door. At seeing the man, the two men having lunch call to him cheerfully, ”Jameson.” The man nods to them, walks around the bar and enters a door behind the bar. The bartender approaches Wolf, ”He bud, you want me to introduce you to the boss?”


Wolf shifts in his seat ever so slightly when he hears the two men call out to Jameson. Well I don't believe we have ever had a target walking with that kind of timing before. Oh sounds like the bartender is willing to give you an introduction...Ya very good timing, I hope. I guess we should meet the man. How are we going to tell everyone the plan changed?...click the radio more then three times. If Wak is as good as I think he is he will know something is off but that we can't talk about it...Jack still has his radio off so I'm going to lock the push to talk button open so they can hear the exchange...I wouldn't talk to him alone. You don't know what he is capable of and you'll have no back up...Backup is just outside. Jack can burn the tavern down if need be. I have faith in our abilities if we run into trouble...That's a lot of faith to place in your guns...We'll this may be the opportunity to get some answers without tipping our hand. Get employed by Jameson and get a look at the operation from with in...and if you become one of those missing souls?...Then we better be dead, and a lot of theirs will be laying beside us...Not what I hoped you would say but I get it. I don't like it but the only other way to get the info would be to reveal who we work for and why we came here. I hop you can keep the charade up. ...Me too...Just remember to shoot first if things start going south...Ya.

Wolf keeps a smile on his face as he looks at the bartender, "By all means I would be honored to have an introduction. Private introduction?" Wolf moves to leave his seat. As he does his hand brushes his radio. Wolf will send five clicks over the radio to signal something has changed. He will then Hold the PTT down for a moment as he speaks to the bartender. "I appreciate this introduction. Anything I should know before I meet with Jameson?" Wolf will then release the PTT so he does not tie up the radio. Hopefully the other will be able to coordinate something to back him up in case this goes south. Wolf will also look over to Jack, "I'll be right back. I'll let you know if I get us some work. It should be easier then our last gig." Wolf will then follow the bartender to the back.

Palming-- 1d100 = 40/60% Pass (Key the five clicks over the radio without being noticed)
Palming-- 1d100 = 23/60% Pass (Key the radio while talking to the bartender without being noticed)
Palming-- 1d100 = 50/60% Pass (To retrieve his cred stick from his pocket. In case he is noticed fumbling with his radio he will have a reason for reaching that area of his body)
Wolf Whitaker

Reputation-Based Horror Factor: 12

Weapons
NE-6SL 6/6
NE-6SL 6/6

NG Equalizer
Equalizer 6/6

Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 6/6
Model 1860 Colt .44 Revolver
Silver 0/6

Armor: NE-BA-26

Helmet: 50/50
Arms: L 40/40 R 40/40
Legs: L 50/50 R 50/50
Main Body: 90/90

NE-F50: 160/160
User avatar
Wolf Whitaker
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby William Summers » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91/51% (+15% regarding machines and/or magic)
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 67

Save vs Psionics (12+): 1d20 = 2

"So what've we got for sale here, my friend?" Will starts chatting it up with the vendor while attempting to pay attention to his surroundings. After a few moments, he turns in the direction of the two men. If he hasn't finished his transaction, he says "I'll come back for this in a moment." If they're still looking at him, he walks up to them and says "Afternoon gentlemen. I'm new around here and you two look... official. Tell me about this place. I've seen the shops. What else've you got?"

If he continues to feel psionic intrusions into his mind, he'll will them to stop (Mind Block: -4 ISP) and continue his conversation with them.
The Man in Black


Ledger
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Jack Killian » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:19 am

Perception: 64% 1d100 = 91
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 4

Jack is getting bored at watching these two men at the table. He doesn’t like stake outs, especially when he is the one who has to stay and do all the watching.

Surveillance, 53% 1d100 = 67

Then Wolf heads to the Bartender and talks a bit. I hope he is finding some shelas this place seems like a two-bit town to nowhere. I’m sure the lady we were after needs rescuing from boredom.

I wish there were some intelligent conversation going on. Out of boredom Jack touches the hilt of his Altess Eviscerator. Hey, Mickie old friend, what can you tell me about this area.

• Excavation 98% 1d100 = 9
• Mining 98% 98% 1d100 = 56

I need to listen to the workers here. There seems to be a lot of them and the supplies and markets are booming. So what’s this place got?
Jack tries to over hear other people’s conversations.
"Flash Fry, put another Shrimp on the Barbie" Gmail: Sinder.JKing@gmail.com
OOC Comments
Jack Killian

P.P.E.: 4
I.S.P.: 196/196
H.P.: 37/ 37 MD
S.D.C.: 78/ 78

NE-BA-50 “Raider” Heavy Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet: 80
Arms: 55 each
Legs: 80 each
Main Body: 140
Weight: 30 lbs.
Modifiers: -20% to physical skills
Features:
Naruni Thermo-Kinetic Armor (p.35-36, DB8)
Book Reference: p.40, DB8

Weapon Carried:

CP-50 "Dragonfire" Assault Pulse Laser and Grenade Launcher
Range:
Laser: 2,000'
Grenade Launcher: 1,200'
Damage:
Single shot: 2d6 M.D.
Burst: 6d6 M.D.
Grenade: 2D6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Micro-fusion grenade: 6d6 M.D. to a 12' area of effect
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot pulse bursts only; 1 grenade or 4-grenade bursts only
Payload:
E-Clip: 21 shots

Altess Eviscerator (Patron Item)
Damage: 6D6
Special Abilities
• Electrical Discharge:
• • Range: Touch or up to 200'
• • Damage: 4D6

MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol

Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6+3 M.D.

NeraTech Pn-50 "Splatter Gun"
Range: 60', Payload: 18/clip,
2 clips (current)Acid: 4D6 S.D.C. or 2D6 M.D. to a 3 foot radius.


Image
User avatar
Jack Killian
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Rifts: Australia

Re: A plea for help

Postby Seamus Finch » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:06 am

Perception vs 28%:1d100 = 9
JIC:1d100 = 14|1d20 = 15
Hannibal wrote:The girl looks up at Lux, ”Your leaving? Can I come? Or are you going to give up like the others?”

Seamus feels sad for the girl, trying to find her brother. As they move to leave, he will pause. ”It couldn’t hurt, bringing her with us, right?” He will motion to the girl. ”What’s your name? You can call me Finch, ok? Come with us. We have some warm food and a safe place to stay until we find out what happened to your brother.” Seamus will try to keep the girl talking on their walk back to the ARTV.

To Lux, Seamus will try to make it apparent he has this under control. ”If you want to regroup with Blackhoof in the town, Ill get her situated and see if anything is out of sorts at the vehicle.” He says, giving her an opening to continue her active investigations if she wanted.

Hannibal wrote:Lux and Seamus head back to the ATRV to meet with the others. When they arrive they see John loading corn into the ATRV with what seems to be a farmer.

John Altfeld wrote:To Seamus and Lux, he says, "I hope you two like floor corn. I couldn't find any crates, so I put the corn on the floor. That's where it lives now."

”Floor corn! I prefer Table corn, or cabinet corn. It all pops the same though.” Seamus shrugs as he peeks into the vehicle proper.
John Altfeld wrote:If the crying girl is with them, he adds, "Hello tiny girl. I'm John. Dry your eyes on this corn silk. Hopefully it will assuage your sorrow with its softness. Whatever happened we'll fix it."

”Her brother is missing. As if by magic, right in town.” Seamus comments, trying to break the ice with the distraught sister. He will pull out a bottle of water and an MRE to give to the girl. ”Here, drink and eat. You are safe here. My large friend was not lying when he said that that we can fix your problem. It’s what we do.” We? I guess I count as a part of this troupe now. And here I was wanting to be up in the sky. This feels kind of good.

JIC Auto-Dodge
1d20+10 = 28| 1d20+10 = 22| 1d20+10 = 23| 1d20+10 = 25| 1d20+10 = 25| 1d20+10 = 29
Seamus Finch

Seamus Finch
HP:43/43
SDC:106/106

Armor M.D.C.:
Helmet: 50/50 | Body:90/90
Right Arm: 40/40 | Left Arm:40/40
Right Leg:50/50 | Left Leg:50/50
User avatar
Seamus Finch
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Wakiza » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 / 91%
-When Amplified Hearing is applicable +15%
-When MOE is applicable +15%
-To realize you are being tailed +15%
JiC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 82

Conditions:
-Every couple of minutes Wak shifts his MOE to thermal to see if he can spot anything invisible.
-Wak is using his new skills to see if he or one of his team is being tailed. -To realize you are being tailed -- 1d100 = 26 / 106%
-Telepathy Superior - 18 minute duration

Wak hears the new radio call from Wolf and then he enters the saloon. Wak looks around the room and sees Wolf talk with this Jameson. "Looks like a fun place." He looks around to identify the ones Wolf told him about, There they are. Let's see what you know. He activates Telepathy Superior (-10 isp) and digs into their brain. I might be getting too comfortable with this form of interrogation?

Questions:
Who do you work for?
Do you take people?
Where do you take them?
Why do you take them?
Who do you take?
How do you take them?
Who tells you to take them?
What do you do with them?
What do you think happens to them?


He goes through both men, the bartender, then Jameson.
Wakiza

Constant Effects
Mind Block Auto Defense (0)
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 157/219
H.P.: 80/80
S.D.C.: 124/124
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 160
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: A plea for help

Postby Lux BaghDach » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:35 am

Perception 1d100 = 88 /42
JIC 1d100 = 74
JIC 1d20 = 11

Lux and Seamus walked back to the RV with the little girl. Seeing all of the corn was a funny sight, giving a little levity to an otherwise heavy morning. Though I think we are going to need more than corn to assuage her fears. Once they got the girl settled, Lux will find Wak, Wolf, and Jack at the tavern. "Thanks Seamus, I'll meet up with the group in town, and make sure everyone is on the same page."

When Lux gets to the tavern, she can see the group inside, Wak looks like he is focusing on something deep in his mind. Lux will wait outside until it looks like a clear time to walk in and join the group.
User avatar
Lux BaghDach
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Re: A plea for help

Postby Hannibal » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:38 am

Date & Time wrote: Day 2.
Time: 1 pm
Temperature: 85 degrees with 90% Humidity.
Weather: A steady drizzle has settled in on the town.


Back at the ATRV John sees the tiny sad girl and introduces himself, "Hello tiny girl. I'm John. Dry your eyes on this corn silk. Hopefully, it will assuage your sorrow with its softness. Whatever happened we'll fix it." The little girl smiles at him. And replies, ”Oh, I hope you can. I love my brother. I hope nothing has happened.

Seamus adds, [b] ”Her brother is missing. As if by magic, right in town.”
Seamus comments, trying to break the ice with the distraught girl. He pulls out a bottle of water and an MRE to give to the girl. ”Here, drink and eat. You are safe here. My large friend was not lying when he said that that we can fix your problem. It’s what we do.” The girl take both and thanks him. As she eats she adds, ”I am so glad I found you all, the guards didn’t see to care so much. They just kept saying he would show up. Little boys were mischievous. What does mischievous mean? My little brother is a good boy. He would never run away.”

Lux makes her way to the ATRV to make sure the girl is safe. She leaves the girl John and Seamus' capable hands and makes her way to the Tavern. Deciding to stay outside she watches what she can and waits for word from the team. With her view partially obscured it is hard to make out what is exactly going on. She does notice that one second two men are sitting at a table and the next they are standing in front of Wak. What they are saying she does not know.

Wolf keeps a smile on his face as he looks at the bartender, "By all means, I would be honored to have an introduction. Private introduction?" Wolf moves to leave his seat. As he does his hand brushes his radio. Wolf will sends 5 clicks over the radio to signal something has changed. Pressing the PTT down for a moment as he speaks to the bartender. "I appreciate this introduction. Anything I should know before I meet with Jameson?" Wolf will then release the PTT an turns to look over to Jack, "I'll be right back. I'll let you know if I get us some work. It should be easier than our last gig." Wolf will then follow the bartender to the back.

The Bartender Leads Wolf around the bar and stops him at the door, ”Hang on a second, let me make sure that Jameson has some time.” The bartender makes his way in the room and come out a few second later. ”It’s all good. He has time. Even sounded excited.” The bartender opens the door and motions for Wolf to walk in.

Entering the room, it is easy to see that it is set up as an office. There is another door to the left, but it is closed. The man you saw walk through is standing and immediately offers his hand in greeting. ”So, Bret tells me that you and your friend are looking for work? This is great news, business is booming and I can always use a few more hands. What kind of experience do you have?”

For all outward appearance, the man seems clean cut, well dressed and well mannered.
Wolf let’s Jack know he is going to see Jameson, Leaving Jack behind. Jack’s boredom sets in and he decides to talk to his sword about mining and excavation in the local area. The sword replies, This area is rich in mineral and chemical deposits. Limestone and dolomite, bituminous coal, lead, zinc, ball clay, sand and gravel, phosphate, fuller’s earth, petroleum, common clay and shale, barite and fluorite, marble, sandstone, copper, iron, gold, manganese, mica, tripoli, celestite, bauxite, granite, slate, and bentonite can all be mined in the local areas. The sword pauses briefly then asks, Are we looking into a new line of work?

Will peruses the market and chats up a vendor, seeing the two men still have interest in him, he decides to approach them. "Afternoon gentlemen. I'm new around here and you two look... official. Tell me about this place. I've seen the shops. What else've you got?" (OOC: your failed save means you do not feel the intrusion)
One of the ne speaks up quickly, ”What you see is what you get. You don’t look like a farmer. What brings you to our little town? Where id your friend go? The men seem obviously unconcerned with you and there demeanor is course, frank and curt.

The other man steps a bit closer to Will, ”You just passing through? Making your way out of town soon? Since you don’t see anything you need or want, right?”
Hearing the radio call from Wolf, Wak wastes no time and enters the tavern. He quickly identifies the two men Wolf had previously mentioned. Wak proceeds to dig into the two men’s brain searching for answers.

He dives deep and searches for his very specific questions. As he maneuvers through the first thug’s thoughts, he finds him pliable. He encounters some resistance but can retrieve answers to most of the questions he has. Encountering the resistance has a consequence though. Wak sees the first man gain a puzzled look initially and by the time he done routing the man’s mind he is clearly looking around the tavern.

The second man proves more difficult to read. Wak retrieves little from him. Almost instantly though the man begins looking around the room and his eyes solidly fall on Wak. The two men lean close and whisper to each other then push their plates in and stand. They both walk toward Wak. The aggressive intent and anger is dripping from the men like heavy sweat on a summer afternoon in the sun. The man Wak identified as mentally more resistant asks, ”Your new! What are you doing here?” The smell coming off the men is horrendous. It is easy to tell (painfully so) that neithre man has bathed in a long time.

Telepathy Superior
  • Thug 1 saves: 1, 15, 13, 12, 20, 2, 9, 20, 11
  • Thug 2 saves: 21, 10, 13, 16, 18, 17, 11, 20, 21
  • Thug 1:
    • Who do you work for? – Jameson
    • Where do you take them? – Mostly to the river
    • Why do you take them? – To get paid
    • How do you take them? - Kidnapping
    • Who tells you to take them? – Jameson
    • What do you think happens to them? - Slaves
  • Thug 1:
    • Do you take people? – yes
    • What do you do with them?- We package them and prep them for transport.
Image
User avatar
Hannibal
Game Master
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Roughnecks Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest