Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Moderator: Augur

Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sat May 07, 2016 10:07 am

Welcome to Tampico

Tampico Military Protectorate

The Tampico Military Protectorate was founded 16 years ago by Roger Gamblin, owner of the Gamblin Men Mercenary Company. The mercs discovered a large oil deposit and a partially constructed ol platform at the location of the Pre-Rifts city of Tampico. Since then Tampico has become a significant oil producer and tankers from powers around the world can be seen sailing into port on a daily basis.

Image


Tampico lays claim to some of the surrounding countryside, out to a radius of twenty miles (32 km). For the most part, this land is a tropical wilderness, filled with palm trees and tall grasses. Freshwater lagoons and rivers extend inland in all directions wherein fish, hellfish, and turtles abound. A dozen small, vampire free, fishing villages are found within this area. The total number of people living within this zone is no more than 3,200.



Fort Tampico


Image


The fort itself is a large wooden palisade with some M.D.C. bunkers and barracks, along with numerous S.D.C. buildings inside. The ruins of various pre-Rifts cities and shipwrecks along the coast provide a continual source of scrap metal. Still, only 25% of the buildings are Mega-Damage structures (average 1D6x100 M.D.).

The rest of the "city" consists of simple structures of wood construction, clay brick, tarpaulins and scrap metal. Indoor plumbing is virtually nonexistent, but gasoline powered generators that provide electricity are found throughout. Instead of spending time and money to give every home a flush toilet or running water, the mercenaries have simply built a central reservoir which draws fresh water from the nearby lagoons. Each morning, one person from every household must collect water from the reservoir and carry it back. In the barracks, the mercenaries take turns. Hot water for things like shaving, cooking, or doing laundry is a luxury in the city unless one can afford the right machines (which most cannot), but is available to those living inside the fort via gas-powered generators. (All the amenities of home are only found on the oil platform.) At night, the fort and the city are lit up by strings of lights, floodlights and oil lanterns.

1. Hospital. The hospital has a half dozen midwives (each with Holistic Medicine at + 10% ), five nurses (have paramedic at +10%), and four doctors (7th level Body Fixers with Holistic Medicine at +20%). There are a dozen sick rooms, four surgery rooms, a basic laboratory, and a fair amount of medical equipment that, despite its rundown looks, works perfectly well. In addition, the hospital is one of the few places in town that has running fresh water indoors. There is no one here who can do anything involving cybernetic or bionic systems. Such experts are found only among the mercenaries and on the Platform.
2. Reservoir. In the center of the fort are the large tanks that hold the town's fresh water supply. These are continually fed by a nearby lagoon, filtered and purified to ensure the people of Tampico have more than enough safe drinking water. This alone makes it worthwhile living here. Still, many farms have their own solar stills that use sunlight and evaporation to clean water from other sources.
3. Motor Pool. The fort has fifty or so Operators to keep the oil rigs, generators and everything else running. Young Operators, some trained from the civilian population, get trained and start working in the motor pool. This is a collection of buildingsand garages: 5 for vehicles, one specifically for hovercycles, another for power armor, and the two largest for combat robots. The vehicles of Tampico civilians are also repaired here at bargain prices (half of standard prices elsewhere), but defense vehicles get priority and the wait, depending on the situation, can be a few hours to a couple of weeks. Outsiders can also get vehicles repaired at Fort Tampico, but at 50% more than what is standard. This high rate applies to all outsiders, including heroes and Reid's Rangers.
4. Barracks. Although referred to as "the barracks," this is really a small military encampment made of M.D.C. materials and used by the locals as an emergency shelter when under attack. This is actually the site where General Gamblin and his men first set up camp and it holds a special place for them. The barracks are ringed by a wall of light, M.D.C. cantina wire, with an inner wall of sandbags and a shallow moat, and there are three watchtowers, each with a large Globe of Daylight Floodlight atop it. Most of the mercenaries have established quarters for themselves out on the Platform, and the barracks are generally full of oil workers, miners, other workers and visiting mercs and adventurers not directly affiliated with the Tampico mercenaries.
5. Fuel Depot. One of the most heavily guarded facilities is the fuel depot, a collection of huge, pressurized tanks (75 M.D.C. each) where the fort stores its precious supplies of usable gasoline, kerosene, and diesel fuel. In general, there is enough to supply the needs of everyone in town for 2D4+4 months.
6. The Oil Field. A total of 30 small derricks, along with the large oil derrick at sea, comprise the heart ofTampico's chief enterprise: crude oil. While a few of them are built along the shore, the majority sit atop long, wooden piers that stretch out into the Gulf, some of which have been cut-off from the land and turned into small, secondary oil platforms. The tanker ships that take the crude to be refined elsewhere wait patiently until they are filled. Up to six other vessels can be docked at a separate facility on the south end of town as well as at the Platform.
7. The Cantina el Tampico. Tampico's largest drinking hole is the Cantina el Tampico. While it does have some card tables and a few games of chance, it is mostly a place for mercenaries, oilmen and adventurers to cool off in the shade and have a drink. A few members of the mercenaries are almost always found inside, and the barkeeps are good sources of information for those who seek it.

The Platform


Image

Level 1
The Platform consists of several levels. The lowest level is thirty feet (9 m) above the waterline, and serves as a structure to mount docks and for large visiting ships to tie themselves off against. It is entirely made of metal catwalks and grated walkways that the waves and water splash right through during harsh weather. Security is fairly tight on this level and visitors who arrive after sunset are thoroughly examined and cleared before being allowed entrance. There are a number of quick, simple ways to determine whether such a visitor is a vampire, but the meres must also be vigilant against those who serve the undead, as well as pirates and potential raiders. Water cannons are mounted throughout the lower level, connected to an internal piping system that runs throughout the entire platform and feeds off of the seawater all around.
Level 2
The middle level is full of workshops, silversmiths, the actual oil-drilling equipment and armories full of anti-vampire weapons. It is the industrial heart of the entire city where the most important work is conducted. Boat engines are constantly being maintained, replaced or cannibalized for parts, and armor, weapons and robots wait to be fitted with silver and wooden spikes and painted with crosses.
Level 3
The upper level is packed with living quarters, briefing rooms for the mercenaries and a well-equipped medical facility. The luckiest of Tampico's citizens have private quarters here, though most of the accommodations are handed out on a first-come, first serve basis when the populace retreats to the Platform. Those who do live onsite are lucky enough to sleep at night without worrying about constant vampire attacks, but must make do with the cramped, battleship-like conditions. Mounted above the upper level is a landing platform for helicopters and flight-capable power armor. It also features a radar system that monitors the Gulf of Mexico for pirates or Coalition naval ships, and a weather station that helps the Gamblin Men and Vampire Hunters predict when rain will fall to assist them in their battles against the undead and rare incursions into vampire territory.
Boat Town
All around the Platform are the boats and rafts of the floating shanty town that has sprung up around it. As a small community,everyone knows everybody. Troublemakers are dragged away and taken back to shore. Anyone who pulls a weapon on one of the mercenaries who run the Tampico Protectorate is likely to be killed without hesitation. Strangers who get themselves noticed are questioned by the mercenaries. If the mercs don't like what they hear, the stranger(s) is taken back to shore or set adrift away from the Platform to fend for himself. If he protests too loudly or becomes violent, he is slain for the safety of the greater community. It is better to be safe than sorry.
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Mon May 09, 2016 9:36 am

Paid Bill

Image

After arriving at the Gates of Merctown with no money and beat-up, scavenged armor and weapons, Kai McCoy was worried no one would hire him. When he explained his situation to a guard at the gate he was directed to the Job Market Cafe. It was early morning and the streets of Merctown were relatively quiet. To Kai McCoy from the frozen North however, Merctown at quiet time is more frantic and busy than any town he'd ever seen. Drunk mercs and prostitutes from the previous night's debauchery spilled out of the numerous bars on every street. The inebriates mixed with professional, armed troops in full armor apparently heading off to war. Creeds and races of all kinds shared the streets, unified by the common pursuit of profit by war.

Kai ordered a double order of bacon and eggs and a mug of coffee when he got to the JMC. He was the first patron of the day. While waiting for the order he looked over the Job Board; from behind he heared some one else enter the cafe. His food came out and he ate it quickly, the whole time he had the impression he was being studied by the new arrival. He turned to see a tall, thin, pale blue d-bee watching him without expression.
"You want a job?" asked the stranger. That simple question lead to a conversation which lead to employment.

The d-bee identified himself as Paid Bill, a Uteni working for Naruni Enterprises. He offered a long-term contract working as his muscle and explains he will be heading south to the Military Protectorate of Tampico. The money offered was so generous Kai could not refuse. They agreed upon a schedule to depart in two days time. Bill determined Kai's gear wasn't up to par and presented him with his current load out.

Kai has an opportunity to visit his father before he leaves Merctown does he?

The Only Way to Travel

When the time comes, Kai follows Bill to the Merctown Gates and then through them into the wilderness. Kai is a little surprised Bill didn't have a vehicle in storage at the Gates. Instead he finds himself hiking for several hours until they reach the crest of a large hill. Bill produces a small handheld device and presses a few buttons and then looks to the sky. Folllowing his gaze Kai sees nothing, then a dot, then he sees an aircraft of a make he cannot recognize. It plummets straight down only to stop, with an implausible suddeness, a few feet from the ground right in front of them.

Image

Highing Fly on the Moad to Rexico.


Image

Once aboard Bill takes the jet straight back up into the sky, right at the extreme edge of what Kai had thought possible in terms of altitude. Paid Bill sets up a preprogrammed route on the auto-pilot and then turns away from the controls. He reaches into a pocket produces a small pouch full of a mass of wriggling worm type creatures:

Image

He pushs one into his ear and offers the pouch to Kai, "SXX%^^^%W?" The word is one that the wolfen voice is just not capable of producing but it is cleary refering to the creatures. Whether Kai sccepts the offer or not it soon becomes clear the creatures act as some sort of narcotic. Bill exhibits signs of euphoria before finally ending up in a near catatonic state. If Kai accepts the worm/drug he too has a wonderful dreamlike experience in which all his dreams come true. If he does not accept, he spends the next 6 hours flying through the clouds next to a comatose d-bee possibly regretting his recent choices. Either way the trip ends when Bill suddenly becomes lucid and declares they have arrived.

How did your trip go?

Welcome to Tampico

They leave the jet in what seems to Kai to be left of nowhere. As they depart the jet rockets straight up back into the sky. After several hours of walking they arrive at Tampico.

Image

After passing through the city gates, the duo stumble upon several armed men surrounding a man and a crying young girl. They are yelling at each other in spanish and the gist of the conversation seems unbelievable: the girl is accused of murder. It seems she is suspected of being in thrall of the vampires. However Kai might feel about it Bill waves them on, leaving the girl and her trouble behind them.

A Ship In the Night and the Unpaid Bill

They book some rooms at the Barracks and then tour the town. There's not much to it, packed close and built dense, Fort Tampico is crammed on to an island the size of a few city blocks. A bridge connects the Fort with the Platform which is where all most of the mercs live.

They do very little. Bill spends most of his time (and Kai's too) in the Cantena, 'networking' as he calls it. Several days pass in this way, chatting up locals and drinking in the bar. But then one morning Kai wakes up and cannot find Bill anywhere. He goes to the Cantena but no one has seen the Uteni anywhere, the patrons are more interested in other news...

Image

A massive Splugorth Mothership has arrived just off shore. The townspeople are understandably anxious.


Pull Your Weight and Grab a Stake


The Uteni does not show up, the ship does not leave, and life goes on. Rent is due and Kai must find a way to contribute. He is pressed into night patrol duty, which is where every new guy starts out. He finds himself paired with a human girl whose size and appearance belies her ferocity. Her name is Mamawi and though neither of them talk much, they develop an efficient and complimentary partnership. It is 99% boredom, but once in awhile a vamp shows up and its pure adrenaline. Kai is quickly schooled in the ways of vampire slaying.

Image

Thirty Drinks for Thirsty Pete


Other than his shifts with Mamawi, there is really not much for Kai to do. If he spends any time in the Cantena he will meet the gregarious boozehound known as Thirsty Pete. The locals treat this old kook with great respect although it is not clear why. Apparently buying Pete a drink will guarentee a dramatic retelling of his life story...

Image

Do you top up Pete?

Big Trouble, Little Tampico

The arrival of the Splugorth Ship has made Tampico nearly hysterical. Both new and old fears are coming to surface. It seems there is a contingent that believes the leaders of Tampico, Roger Gamblin and his men, while pretending to protect the people from the bloodsucking demons, are actually working with the Vampires. These people wonder why there have been no incursions into Vampire lands. Why revenge has not been taken. Their leader calls himself Prestor John and he claims the Gamblin Men have sold out humanity for oil profits. If approached Prestor John will speak for hours to anyone. One day while passing the preacher on the way to patrol Mamawi recommends Kai stays as far away as possibile from "that crazy, soon-to-be-dead fool."

Image


What are your intentions?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Sat May 14, 2016 12:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 22:
19

JIC: 1d20:
14
| 1d100:
89


Paid Bill
Bill wrote:"You want a job?"


Kai’s ears swing around like saucer dishes at the mention. Well I’ll be...figure this is the Job Market Cafe after all. This must be how business works I ‘spose. Wiping a few bits of egg from around his mouth, Kai turns to the greet the thin blue alien, “You got a bold way of doing business, pal. I like that. No bullshit.” Standing up to his full seven feet of powerful fur, Kai tucks his thumbs into his belt, “Depends on the job...and the payment.” After a bit of a discussion, Kai agrees to take the position. After all, Naruni doesn’t come knocking on just anyone’s doorstep. The Wolfen follows Paid Bill to where he can pickup his new gear, happy to lose the crap his found on the road. “Now if this ain’t some high quality shit,” Kai says with a smirk, running a clawed finger down the line of toys he’s provided. Kai will take a few moments to suit up in the Naruni armor, all the while asking the basic questions on how to operate all of it effectively. He had plenty of experience with weaponry in the Rangers, but all of that was most old school CS gear, not high-tec foreign pieces such as these. In a sense, he was in a new world. Although to be fair, as long as it goes “bang-pow”, this Wolfen can learn quickly. Once he’s suited up, Kai will grab the Alien Heavy Laser Rifle and run through a quick functions check to make sure everything is in sound working order. Field Armorer & Munitions Expert: 1d100:
1
/60% CRIT. PASS!
Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100:
80
/45% FAIL!
Once he is satisfied that everything is in good form, Kai gives the all ok to move out.

Before they hit the road, Kai will take at least a few hours to swing by the Headhunter Academy to see if his father is around to catch up. If he is, Kai will take his old man out for a few beers and give him the rundown on what he’s missed in the last six months since they’ve spoken.

The Only Way to Travel
Kai laughs ironically when Paid Bill informs him that the two of them will be hiking out to their destination. “Figures….” Kai smirks, “First thing I do out of the Rangers is ruck. Ya’ll look up irony and I bet you’d find this moment in there.” Completely within his element, Kai doesn’t mind the trek through the wilderness. He’s rucked the better part of a decade now so it’s nothing new for him. Along the way he’ll start blabbing about old war stories from up north. Even if Paid Bill doesn’t seem the least bit interested Kai will just keep talking to pass the time. Once they’re at their hit point, Kai whistles at the sight of the plane coming into view. “You Naruni boys are something else, let me tell ya.” Shaking his furry head slightly, Kai chuckles before entering the jet with his new companion.

Highing Fly on the Moad to Rexico
Kai is actually incredibly impressed with the altitude from which this aircraft can get. “Back home we aint’ got nothin’ like this. Nah, we’re flying old GAW birds. Nothing special. Good for jumps and that’s about it. Shit I wonder if you could even jump from this height without oxygen.” Hell could be fun. Haven’t been on a decent jump in what seems like forever. Have to get back on that, don’t wanna lose my touch or nothin’. When Bill offers one of the worms to Kai, the Wolfen waves him away. “Last thing I need is one of those slugs crawling through my brain telling me what to think and say. You do you, boss, but that ain’t my style.” Instead, Kai grabs a can of dip from his person and gives it a few good packs before taking a pinch and sliding it between his lower lip and gums. “This’ll do me just fine, bud”

Welcome to Tampico
Entering Tampico, Kai’s natural instincts kick in and the Wolfen lets out a low soft growl at the men surrounding that girl. His Spanish is weak, but he can still manage to figure out that they are accusing her of getting in with Vampires. Vampires? Hell we are in Mexico, go figure that’d be the first thing I run into. Gotta stay sharp and keep my eyes peeled. Heard those fuckers can get nasty.

A Ship In the Night and the Unpaid Bill
Kai wakes up in a haze. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he squints as he looks out the open window and sees sunshine pouring through the blinds. Sitting up in the bed, the Operator lets out a low hungover growl. Awkwardly he paws at the nearly empty bottle of tequila on his nightstand before finally clutching it and taking a long swig. Coughing for a moment, Kai places the bottle back and offers a slight smirk at the half-naked woman drooling at his side. Getting himself out of bed, Kai throws on his gear and makes his way out of the room.

At the Cantena Bill is nowhere to be found. “If he skipped town on me Ima skin that little blue fucker the next time I see him…” Kai mutters under his breath. Placing his weight on the bar, Kai debates whether more tequila would help solve his current dilemma before his ears pick up on some of the local conversations. His ears twitch back and forth several times and he keeps hearing the same word over and over…Splugorth. A slight chill runs down the back of Kai’s neck and his hair stands on edge. Kai had only heard rumors of the Splugorth but even from his understanding they weren’t to be messed with. Slavers of the worst kind. Shit. Vamps and now this? What kind of rats nest did that blue bastard take me to?

Pull Your Weight and Grab a Stake
Yanking the stake of the Vampire, Kai wipes the blood off on the shirt of his kill. “Reckon that makes us tied,” Kai says jokingly to Mamawi. He didn’t expect much of a response. Kai couldn’t get a read on the woman. At this point he didn’t know if she respected him or if she wanted to slit his throat, but what he did know is that this woman could kill with the best of them. She had taught him the basics for taking down the supernatural beasts. Kai quickly learned that his fancy laser rifle was worth jack shit against them. Silver and wood...who’d have figured. Can’t wait to square up against something that I can riddle with lasers once more. Still, Vamp hunting is a rush. These sons of bitches can tear a man limb from limb...that’s the shit I like.

Thirty Drinks for Thirsty Pete
Throwing back another shot, Kai grunts slightly, exhaling the noxious fumes from his lips. The Wolfen still hadn’t figured out a solid plan for getting north of the border once more. He could barely scrape together enough creds to pay the rent, let alone buy some decent transport out of this desolate town. But he could pay for booze, that’s for sure, and booze was the only thing keeping him alive. Well, booze and the occasional late night companion. For a while he’d knuckled up next to this old man that everyone seemed to admire and Kai figured it was high time he figured out why. Beware of an old man in a town where men die young. Nodding towards Thirsty Pete, Kai throws two fingers up to the bartender. “Name’s Kai...folks call me Mac,” Kai says extending a paw towards Pete, “What’s your name Old Timer?” Kai will continue the conversation to try and find out what the deal is with this man.

Big Trouble, Little Tampico
Hearing Mamawi’s warning, a thin smile creeps across Kai’s lips. “Well shit...you know me, the minute you tell me not to do something is the minute I need to do it.” Chuckling slightly, Kai narrows his vision on the man. Soon to be dead, eh? On whose watch? “Hell, little friendly conversation can’t hurt none, I ‘spose. Lets bend his ear a bit.” With or without Mamawi, Kai will walk over to Prestor John and nod slightly, “Word around town is you’re stirring up a whole bunch of trouble for, Gamblin? Aim to tell me why?” While talking to Prestor John, Kai will keep his eyes focused on everything around him, mainly looking out for those who are specifically watching him. Intelligence: 1d100:
35
/40% PASS!
As he watches, Kai subconsciously drums his fingers on the laser rifle hanging from his FLC.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Tue May 24, 2016 2:36 pm

These are vampires? Big deal.

After a few days working with Mamawi, a grudging respect between the two warriors. It is rare to meet someone who is impervious to the horror the vampires bring with them on a nightly basis, Kai's steely nerves are much appreciated. It becomes obvious that Mamawi is not comfortable with the other predominately male human mercenaries. There are not many women in Tampico and given it's rough and tumble nature one can be sure the ones there are cautious and looking to protect themselves.

Over the course of his time Kai meets many vampires (and stakes them) but they are all of the wild variety. Although he hears much of the Muluc kingdom to the west with its city of vampires and human cattle, all he's seen of vamps are the deranged animals known as wild vampires.

Bill's Box

Still no sign of Paid Bill, but on the fifth day a young D-Bee shoe-shine boy who delivers a small box. The bot waits expectantly until Kai gives him a credit voucher, (which is incidentally how you are paid for your work and the defacto currency of the Protectorate.)

Inside the box is Bill's wrist computer, the one Kai saw the Uteni summon his aircraft. There is nothing else inside and no note. Unfortunately the tech is beyond your understanding. Without knowing how to use it the device is not much more than what it looks like: a a large obsidian bracelet. However, (with a succesful Land Nav roll(+10%)) Kai is pretty sure he can find the drop point again.

Thirsty Pete

Thirsty Pete turns out to be a lovable drunk, and if he's to be believed has been involved in every major historical event of the last eighty years. Kai finds this a good way to pass the hours. He learns the Pete is a Techno-wizard of some skill. Pete is one of the few people not obliged to work for his keep, and yet he is left alone and even respected depsite being drunk all the time.

Pastor John

Pastor John's eyes flash with a fanatic's zeal, "My friend, do you not see? These mercenary scoundrels are collaborating with the Undead scourge. Every night they send you out to put down the rabid and uncontrollable and claim great victories. Yet a few hours away an empire of demons gorges on our brothers and sisters in spirit. Was this truce forged by coincidence? A convenient detante?"

Kai notices a group of Gamblin men eyeing him and the preacher. Mamawi grabs Kai's arm and pulls him away. "Let's go, fool!" For the first time it is apparent the woman considers him a friend and not just a partner.
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Mon May 30, 2016 11:24 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JIC: 1d20:
6
| 1d100:
66


Mamawi wrote:"Let's go, fool!"


Kai smirks as his companion tugs at him to move, “Yeah I see ‘em…” Not wishing to start any trouble that may get her tangled up in it - not that she couldn’t handle herself - Kai succumbs to her wishes. “Be seein’ you, Preacher,” Kai says with slight nod of his head. From his gaze it’s apparent that he’s quite serious. Turning from the situation, Kai continues to walk in stride with Mamawi, continuing his casual drumming on the laser rifle. WIth another smirk he eyes the group of Gamblin men who decided to poke their noses in his business. Firing off a wink in their direction, Kai grabs his can of chewing tobacco and places a pinch in his bottom lip. Let’s see how gully these boys wanna get. Even if they’re Gamblin’s men I doubt they’d go stirring up trouble here and now. Walking with Mamawi, Kai waits a few moments before speaking, “What’s got you so stirred up about pissing off a few of Gamblin’s boys? Something I should know?” Intelligence: 1d100:
30
/40% PASS!


Once their shift is over, Kai will forgo his typical after work festivities of burying himself in a bottle of tequila, and opt for a little light cardio trying to track down the remnants of his old pal Bill. Maybe the drop point will hold a bit more information on what happened to the little blue fella…. Land Navigation: 1d100:
14
/69% PASS!
, 1d100:
87
/69% FAIL!
, 1d100:
100
/69% CRIT. FAIL!
Kai will then head out of town and attempt to make his way over to where the drop point was.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:32 am

Don't Gamble with these Men

In the time he's been there, McCoy has realized Tampico is very much a 'Gamblin' operation. Each member of the mercenary outfit owns a share of the profits generated by their oil operation, making them defacto owners of the community. Gamblin and his men are the law, government, services provider and armed forces (Kai is currently a sub-contractor of the group) of Tampico.

The Gamblin Men are veterans of countless conflicts, though rough and tumble lot, their discipline and professionalism impresses even Kai. His father's son, Kai McCoy, has a deeply-ingrained appreciation for those virtues, and maintains high standards in that regard.

The problems that might come from such an arrangement (abuse of power) are generally avoided in favor of the smooth and efficient accumulation of profit. All creeds and types are welcome and tolerated, but freeloaders and those deemed 'bad for business' are quickly identified and escorted out of town.

“What’s got you so stirred up about pissing off a few of Gamblin’s boys? Something I should know?” ask Kai.

"You and I are outsiders... technically the only rights we have here are those we earn with our work. The rules are casual here, and easy enough to follow... but enforcement is strict. I suspect that Holy fool will soon be shown the way out of town... if he doesn't have a boat, he must leave by land." Mamawi looks up at Kai, "It is better to not end being mentioned in the same reports as that fellow, if you know what I mean."

Vampire Country Walking Tour.


As Kai heads out around noonish, the merc at the gate reminds him of the Sundown Curfew.
Those not on official Night Duty must be within the town gates by 7:00 pm. Kai reckons it should be about two hours there and the same back, he should have plenty of time.

He finds the spot with out trouble. He touches the bracelet device, waves it around, whatever he can think of. Nothing happens.

In the short time he spends fiddling with the device, the winds have kicked up, and sand storm of sorts obscurs visibilty. His tracks, his scent and the landmarks he used for reference are all erased by the dun brown wind swirling around him.

He loses his way and finds time getting short. He's no dummy, he doesn't just walk around aimlessly. Using his skills he works dilligently to get back on track and he does. But it is already nearly 6 pm and he finds he must chose between two paths.

1) The safest choice would be to follow the winding coast, he would not make it to town in time but knows he could easily find a defensible location to camp the night. There are numerous tiny islands along the coast reachable by wolfen, but not vampires. (Est. 4 hours total)

2) The quickest route is overland. He believes it's possible to get here in time but only without obstacles, with sky obscured and sun nearly down its almost vampire time, betting on no obstacles is a gamble (55 min)

The following has been issued to you; please add to sheet:

12 wooden stakes.

5 clips of silver 5.56mm NATO ammo for:

Colt M4 Carbine
Image
• Range: 1500'
• RoF & Damage:
• • Single Shot: 4D6
• • Short Burst: 6d6 (3 rounds)
• • Long Burst: 2d6x10 (10 rounds)
• • Short Spray: 4d6 to 1d4 targets (6 rounds)
• • Long Spray: 4d6 to 1d8 targets (10 rounds)
• • Empty Burst: 4d6x10 (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Empty Spray: 8d6 to 2d8 targets (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• Payload: 30 round box magazine (5.56mm NATO)


Code: Select all
[b]Colt M4 Carbine[/b]
[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e371/masterriftsgm/Weapons/M4Carbine.png[/img]
[size=85]• Range: 1500'
• RoF & Damage:
• • Single Shot: 4D6
• • Short Burst: 6d6 (3 rounds)
• • Long Burst: 2d6x10 (10 rounds)
• • Short Spray: 4d6 to 1d4 targets (6 rounds)
• • Long Spray: 4d6 to 1d8 targets (10 rounds)
• • Empty Burst: 4d6x10 (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• • Empty Spray: 8d6 to 2d8 targets (30 rounds fired, all A.P.M.)
• Payload: 30 round box magazine (5.56mm NATO)[/size]


What are your intentions?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:04 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JIC: 1d20:
7
| 1d100:
2


“...blue skinned sonofabitch….” Kai mutters under his breath when the bracelet won’t answer to his commands. “Wasted half the damn afternoon chasing down ole’ Bill...trails cold and night is closing in fast.” Pausing, Kai, finishes, “And now I’m apparently talking to myself. I need to get home.” Kai realizes he has two options in front of him. The trained survivalist in him knows what he should do, but the hard headed Wolfen cub eager to make his daddy proud thinks it’s time to suck it up and see if he can’t do the impossible. As infamous as last thoughts go, Kai thinks to himself, Hell...I can make it. Pinching off a fat dip, Kai horseshoes his bottom lip and begins to set off back towards Tampico.
Track by Scent: 1d100:
78
/28% FAIL!
(TO use his own scent to find his way back home)
Recognize Common/Known Smells: 1d100:
49
/56% PASS!
(To use his own scent to find his way back home)
Land Navigation: 1d100:
44
/59% PASS!

Wilderness Survival: 1d100:
94
/60% FAIL!

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
52
/40% FAIL!

Intelligence: 1d100:
24
/40% PASS!
(To remember his original plan of getting out there)
Prowl: 1d100:
82
/35% FAIL!

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
85
/35% FAIL!
(To avoid known Vampire traps/locations)

Kai sets out at a brisk pace, not quite a jog but not quite a walk. Years of rucking and conditioning make it fairly simple for the Paratrooper to sustain such a pace. He keeps his weapon at the low ready and his eyes constantly checking his five and twenty-five meter scans for possible hostile threats in the area. The typical asshole demeanor that Kai sports instantly shatters, leaving a warrior who is clearly focused on the task at hand. Kas is in his element, his eyes narrowed and focus, his breath cool and stable despite the pace he’s moving at. It’s game time. I’m deep in hostile territory and night is closing in fast. Put up or shut up time. As we used to say, ‘hoka hey’. Should Kai come into contact with any hostile enemies, he will attempt to take cover and avoid detection. Should that become unavoidable, Kai will use the closest terrain he can to his advantage and prepare to engage his enemy. Kai will switch between the various sight modes that his armor offers him periodically to get a better idea of what he is approaching. He will also use his armor radar system (2 mile range) to try and identify threats before they become an issue.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:40 am

30 minutes have passed...
Conditions: not quite sundown, but the light is very dim and the sun obscured by the sandstorm.


The sandstorm fouls up Kai's radar and visibility is less than 500'. Kai's scent has been scattered by the wind for the most part; but he had stopped to take a leak on the way in. No sandstorm can erase that smell so quickly and Kai manages to find the spot.

This is good news, he is over half-way there. Getting his bearings, Kai prepares to run the final leg of his journey; when he hears a voice carried on the wind.

"DADDDDYYY! DADDDDYYYYY?!" It's the panicked voice of a frightened young child; a girl most likely. Thermo-imaging reveals the shape of a small humanoid to the West, just beyond the range of ordinary vision. (620').

What are your intentions.
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 4:
1
nat 1! :shock: (That was unfortunate....)
JIC: 1d20:
12
| 1d100:
75


Land Navigation: 1d100:
9
/59% PASS!

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
40
/40% PASS!

Prowl: 1d100:
87
/35% FAIL!

Intelligence: 1d100:
2
/40% PASS!


Voice wrote:"DADDDDYYY! DADDDDYYYYY?!"


Kai freezes in his tracks. A slight shiver runs down his spine as the reality of the situation sets in on him. ...would’ve made it home in time too…. Eyeing the human form on his thermal imaging, the Operator sighs briefly. Could be a trap...possibly a trap...definitely a fucking trap. His grip tightens around the M4, “Fuck it...looks like we camping in Vamp territory tonight.” Kai sets off towards the silhouette of the little girl, moving between cover to try to keep his image hidden from anybody or anything that lays in wait. When he closes to within 300 meters, Kai will take a few moments to scan the area with normal and thermo vision to make sure that nothing is waiting for him. If the area looks clear, he will advance towards the little girl. If it isn’t, Kai will identify the threats and prepare to take action.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:04 am

Less than a minute later...

Everything about this situation tells Kai that it is likely a trap. In the last little while he's heard of vamps pulling some pretty twisted tricks, this situation would fit right in with their diabolical M.O..

Using all the senors and senses at his disposal; he scans the area for danger. The terrain is flat and offers little in the way of hiding spots, there seems to be no obvious (or even suitable) position from which an ambush might be sprung.

Kai approaches the girl (currently 30') she spots you and calls out in a terrified voice, "Hello? Who's there?... Where's my Daddy?"

Image

What are your intentions?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:21 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7:
4

JIC: 1d20:
14
| 1d100:
49


Detect Ambush: 1d100:
3
/40% PASS!

Prowl: 1d100:
5
/35% PASS!

Intelligence: 1d100:
84
/40% FAIL!


Voice wrote:"Hello? Who's there?... Where's my Daddy?”


Kai drops to a knee, his grip tightening on the M4. Flicking the selector switch from “SAFE” to “SEMI”, the Wolfen prepares for the worst. Can’t leave no little girl out here to die...even if that means turning my own ass into Vamp bacon. Kai maintains his distance for the time being, “What’s your name, little girl? What happened to your daddy?” Kai will continue to scan the area for any signs of danger. Thermal systems picked her up, that means she’s got warm blood pumping through her. Still, better double check to make sure. With his off hand, Kai pulls a silver 5.56 round from his FLC and tosses it to the little girl. “Do me favor and grab that will ya...bring it on back here for me. Do that and I’ll get you home to your daddy, that I promise.”
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:18 pm

Moments later...

The girl finds the silver bullet Kai has tossed her, picks it up and quickly brings it towards him. On approach she seems to realize Kai is not human for the first time, and it slows her down. But still she comes towards him with the bullet outheld.

A high pitched, laugh suddenly annouces the presence of others. It is muffled, and from behind and below you. With your attention drawn downwards you manage to see to dark holes open up infront of you... they were underground! Luckily they tipped their hand to soon and you are not suprised. When they finally come out from their hiding spots, Kai finds himself surrouonded by three wild vampires. The girl is terrified and huddles at Kai's side.

The trio of undead thugs hoot and howl with glee at having caught a vampire killer out alone at night.

Image

COMBAT POST!
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:58 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14:
11

JIC: 1d20:
14
| 1d100:
26

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 19:
11


N-F20A: 75/75
Current Weapon: M4 Carbine 30/30

Kai smiles as he watches the little girl retrieve the bullet from the ground. I’ll be damned...I’d of hated putting a bullet between her eyes. His elation soon fades as he notices the ground begin to give way near his feet. Figured it’d be a trap...hell, damned near called it. Watching as the three wild Vamps come out of their holes hooting and hollering, a thin smiles draws across Kai’s jowls. Reckon this ought to be quite the party. Hell I’d relish these kinds of odds if I didn’t have this booger-eater clinging to my legs. What’s life without a little adventure though, I ‘spose. Let’s see if I can’t keep little Miss Pigtails off the dinner table tonight. Tightening his grip on the M4, Mac narrows his vision and prepares for combat. “Whatever you do, little girl...don’t let go.” Mac will deal with the closest apparent threat first, putting two bursts best he can center mass in order to slow or stop the enemy. His first goal is position himself in a way that all three of the combatants are in front of him. This should drastically decrease the advantage they pose over him. With no cover it is his best bet for survival. Kai will ensure at all times that the little girl is stuck to him like glue, even if it means putting his own life in peril.

Action 1: Fire Short Burst into nearest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 19:
14
| Damage: 6d6:
4, 1, 1, 1, 6, 5

Action 2: Fire Short Burst into nearest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 6:
1
| Damage: 6d6:
2, 5, 6, 1, 1, 5

Action 3: Maneuver with girl into better positioning; goal is get all three Vamps in front of his vision, preferably in a line
Action 4: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 18:
13
| Damage: 6d6:
2, 3, 1, 6, 4, 2

Action 5: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 24:
19
| Damage: 6d6:
4, 1, 2, 3, 6, 4

Action 6: Maneuver with girl into better positioning; goal is get all three Vamps in front of his vision, preferably in a line. If this has already been accomplished, then Kai will Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 18:
13
| Damage: 6d6:
3, 4, 5, 5, 3, 4

Action 7: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 20:
15
| Damage: 6d6:
3, 2, 6, 6, 5, 1


Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 19:
11
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:22 am

A Few Moments Later...
One of the vampire’s is Skinny, one of them is Fat, and one of them is Tall. The Girl clings to Kai McCoy’s leg.

Kai pumps a burst into Skinny’s chest. He deflects Skinny’s hand strike. He notices Fatty closing in behind him.

The second attempt to fire is hindered by a jammed trigger, perhaps the sand has gotten into the works. Tall Vampire claws Kai helmet (-10 MDC). While Fatty’s attempt to claw your back misses entirely.

Kai attempts to maneuver himself so that he is no longer surrounded but Tall Vamp is too quick. Skinny attacks landing a blow to Kai’s chest (-8MD). Fatty’s blow is easily blocked.

Kai utilizes Fatty’s clumsiness to get himself out of the ring of vamps. All three of them close in, Tall and Fatty both wind up for huge haymakers and in a Three Stooges moment, hit each other in the face. Skinny’s attempt to claw Kai’s face is knocked away with the butt of Kai’s rifle.

Moving backwards with the girl in tow Kai pumps a burst each into Fatty and Tall as they briefly squabble about their “friendly fire” incident. While Skinny manages to land one more blow to Kai’s shoulder. (-3MD)

Kai has successfully managed to get all three vamps in front of him.

What are your intentions?

Butcher’s Bill
-11 MDC to Main Body
-10 MDC to Helmet
-12 rounds

-18 to Skinny
-34 to Fatty
-30 to Tall
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 15:
12

JIC: 1d20:
11
| 1d100:
9

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 27:
19


N-F20A: 75/75
Current Weapon: M4 Carbine 18/30

Kai grins slightly despite taking a few scrapes from the vampire trio. He lived for these moments. Nothing in life ever matched to the thrill of combat in his eyes. The Wolfen’s eyes flicker down to where the little girl is, “Stay behind me...I need to finish this.” Pigtails is out of immediate danger and I got them in line. Time to dish out some more pain and close in to deliver the killing blows. Realizing he needs to weaken them a bit more before he can begin the staking process, Kai gets to work and his fingers dance off the trigger of his M4, the sensual smell of sulfur penetrating the night air.

Action 1: Activate N-F20A on armor, ensure little girl moves safely behind him away from vampire threat
Action 2: Fire Short Burst into nearest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 8:
3
| Damage: 6d6:
5, 6, 1, 2, 2, 5

Action 3: Fire Short Burst into nearest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 9:
4
| Damage: 6d6:
5, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3

Action 4: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 10:
5
| Damage: 6d6:
4, 3, 2, 5, 1, 1

Action 5: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 15:
10
| Damage: 6d6:
4, 3, 2, 2, 3, 2

Action 6: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 7:
2
| Damage: 6d6:
6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 3

Action 7: If enemy threats appear to be weak enough to engage in close combat, Kai will sling his rifle and pull the two stakes from his utility belt, one in each hand. If the vamps still appear to be coming at him, he will reload his M4.

Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
, 1d20+8 = 26:
18
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 16:
8
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 15:
7
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 28:
20
, 1d20+8 = 21:
13
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:33 am

Moments later...

It's much like fighting a pack of wolves. They circle the target from a distance and launch probing strikes to wear their target down. Sound strategy for taking down a moose, Kai Mcoy is no moose. The wolfen paratrooper takes several strikes to his armor, but each blow the vampires landed earned them a burst-load of silver.

The disappointment on their faces is obvious; they really thought they had an easy one here. The most annoying trait the vampires display on the regular is their cowardice. Invulnerable cowards....


The vamps have taken too much damage, they back off, suddenly disappearing into the night. Kai has a moment to think. He knows where he is, he knows how to get to town, he's got about 4 miles of open ground to cover.

He can hear the howls of the vamps and knows they haven't gone for good, they're just biding their time... and perhaps calling for reinforcements?!

What do you do?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 17:
14

JIC: 1d20:
13
| 1d100:
26

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 16:
8


N-F20A: 75/75
Current Weapon: M4 Carbine 18/30

Land Navigation: 1d100:
63
/59% FAIL!

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
88
/40% FAIL!


Under his visor, Kai smiles softly. He knows the fight is all but finished, however he can’t help but relish at the fact that got managed to make those bastards turn tail for the time being. Small window, gotta’ make it count. Turning to the girl, Kai quickly reloads his M4 and speaks directly to her, “Alright, Pigtails, time to get the fuc--, uh, time to get home. Hop up on my back and grab on tight. Like riding a pony, ‘cept I’m six shades of handsome.” Lowering his frame so that the girl can jump on his back, Kai makes sure the girl has a tight grip before continuing on. “Hell you bout as heavy as a ruck, this should be a cakewalk. Whatever you do, Pigtails, don’t let go, you hear?” With that, Kai takes off towards home with the girl in tow.

((Kai can run approx. 36.4 meters per melee action.))

Action 1: Reload M4, grab Pigtails and put her on his back.
Action 2-7: Run towards home.

Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 19:
11
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 16:
8
, 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 28:
20

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 28:
20
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 17:
9
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 am

Moments Later...

The vamps allow Kai to run, so he does. He can hear them calling to their kind in the distance. He finds himself having to make a choice.

areamap.png
areamap.png (14.85 KiB) Viewed 16075 times


Kai is at the point where sections 1, 3, and 4 all meet on the map.
Tampico gates are at section 13.
The Vampires were last seen to his north (section 3), but currently sound like they have moved to the West (section 1).

What are your intentions?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

JIC: 1d20:
18
| 1d100:
50

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 18:
10


N-F20A: 75/75
Current Weapon: M4 Carbine 30/30

Land Navigation: 1d100:
59
/59% PASS!

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
98
/40% FAIL!


Kai continues his brisk pace with Pigtails tightly snug on his back. He proceeds along a southeastern path through section four and into section six, plotting a course towards the shoreline where he knew the risk of vampire attack was less likely. The Operator keeps a sharp eye out for any signs of enemy activity, scanning every so often with his various sensors in order to get a clearer picture of the world around him. As he moves, Kai strikes up casual conversation with the little girl, “Pigtails, where you from anyways? And how in the hell did you end up all alone out there like ya did? Ain’t no reason why you should be out like that, Pigtails. This ain’t no city park.” Keep her talking, keep her head cool. Last thing I need is her freaking out. Poor girl already lost her old man, right now I’m the closest thing to family she’s got.

Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 21:
13
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4
, 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 17:
9
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 19:
11
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 am

Run like the Wolf, Cut like a Knife

The steely-nerved paratrooper heads to the Big Water, knowing that vamps have no affinity for it. To the south he catches running figures, low to the ground... by the sounds of it: wolves.

The good news: the thermo-imaging in Kai's armor picks them up, so they are regular wolves.
The bad news: one leaps at Kai out of nowhere and in order to protect the girl he must absorb the blow, the force of which is enough to knock him to his knees, at which point two more wolves leap on him going for his throat and arms.

With a flick of the wrist, a punch, a headbut and a finishing kick the three wolves are blown apart by the force of your augmented blows. The Alpha and the four remaining pack members surround Kai but aren't dumb enough to attack.

Unfortunately the delay was enough for the vamps to flank him to the south and he must turn north away from Tampico. He reaches the water just as the vamps reach him and wades through the surf until he gets to a sandbar.

The vamps are furious and begin to hurl both insults and rocks at you. As Kai scans his surroundings looking for escape or advantage, he notices a large disturbance in the water some ways to the north, as if a large object was just under the surface.

Situation Map.png
Situation Map.png (26.91 KiB) Viewed 16045 times
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 17:
14

JIC: 1d20:
18
| 1d100:
95

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 25:
17


N-F20A: 75/75
Current Weapon: M4 Carbine 30/30

Swimming: 1d100:
66
/80% PASS!

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
37
/40% PASS!

Radio Basic: 1d100:
68
/65%
, 1d100:
70
, 1d100:
21


Kai takes a minute to catch his breath on the sandbar. He had been evading the vampires for quite some time now with a ruck and a little girl on his back. Even for someone with his conditioning, it was starting to take a toll on the Operator. Gotta find an exit strategy. My luck will run out on these close calls. “You doing alright, Pigtails?” In an instant his eyes flash to the disturbance in the water. Ain’t no vamp, that’s for sure. Flicking his thermo-imager on, Kai will try to identify what is causing the disturbance. If Kai is able to determine that it’s a submarine, he will use his radio to try and contact the sub, sending a distress signal on every frequency he can find, “McCoy of Tampico requesting immediate exfil. How copy?”

While he waits for a response, Kai decides he’s had enough of the vampire trio that’s been pestering him. You boys fucked up coming to shore like this. Bringing his rifle up to his shoulder, Kai gets his sight picture and zeros in on his target. His breath begins to steady once more as the world goes quiet. Waiting for the perfect rise and fall of his lungs, Kai closes his non-dominant eye and gently squeezes the trigger.

Action 1: Radio vessel (if discovered)
Action 2-4: Aimed/Called shot at head of Vampire Strike: 1d20+8 = 27:
19
| Damage: 4d6:
4, 2, 5, 5

Action 5-7: Aimed/Called shot at head of Vampire Strike: 1d20+8 = 19:
11
| Damage: 4d6:
2, 4, 1, 1


Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 19:
11
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4
, 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 21:
13
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10
, 1d20+8 = 16:
8
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mouser » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:36 am

Perception: 1d20+10 = 20:
10

JIC: 1d100:
33
1d20:
5


(To notice that Kai wasn't actually a Dogboy but was instead a Wolfen)
Lore: D-Bee 89% 1d100:
59


(To see what Mouser knows about Vampires)
Lore: Deamons & Monsters 89% 1d100:
6


(To communicate with Kai, clear up any static or other interference and establish a secure connection if need be)
Radio Basic: 107% 1d100:
69

Sensory Equipment 99% 1d100:
40

Cryptography 89% 1d100:
47

Electronic Countermeasures 103% 1d100:
15


Kai's attempt to radio the submersible happens to get noticed by Mouser, who soon responds with "We're sorry your call can not be completed as dialed from the telephone you are using Please read the instruction card and dial again." in a female voice, since the first radio call the mercenary makes comes through rather garbled. However the second one comes through much clearer, which in turn nets a totally different response and in a different voice all together. This time the response sounds like a man's voice "This is the IMNS Yogurt Unicorn. We can see you appear to be experiencing some technical difficulties at this time, but don't care. If you would like us to pretend to care, please press one, or say 'Oh my god they're ripping me to pieces!'. If you would like to pay us to care, please press two or say 'For the love of god help me! I have money and will pay anything!'. If you would like us to launch a missile on your position to remove your flea problem, please press three, or say 'I'm stupid and got myself surrounded by hostiles and am about to die!'. If you really, really want us to help you, but have nothing of value, please press five, or you can say 'Help me! I am a sissy who can't defend himself', and maybe we will find it funny enough to stop what we are doing and do something about your situation. If you would like to hear a repeat of these options, please say 'I am a dumb meatbag about to become vampire food' or press star."

Ahhhh... stupid meatbags. Always getting themselves killed and then wanting other people to come and rescue them only so something else can come along and kill them later. Notably, Mouser won't mention Koi's situation to the other Roughnecks, unless Koi actually does make a claim of being willing to pay, or simply amuses him enough. The robot was literally heartless. He also sadistically enjoyed tormenting biologicals from time to time. To be perfectly fair, the robot simply didn't want to engage vampires, he didn't presently have any ammunition or other weapon systems that could actually hurt them. Fire only worked on them once you had them staked, he had no crosses and his machinegun wasn't presently loaded with silverbullets. I really should talk that jerkbot into using some of the silver we keep getting paid with to coat my vibro blades.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 am

((Rolls and actions held, just a reply to Mouser))

Voice wrote:"This is the IMNS Yogurt Unicorn. We can see you appear to be experiencing some technical difficulties at this time, but don't care. If you would like us to pretend to care, please press one, or say 'Oh my god they're ripping me to pieces!'. If you would like to pay us to care, please press two or say 'For the love of god help me! I have money and will pay anything!'. If you would like us to launch a missile on your position to remove your flea problem, please press three, or say 'I'm stupid and got myself surrounded by hostiles and am about to die!'. If you really, really want us to help you, but have nothing of value, please press five, or you can say 'Help me! I am a sissy who can't defend himself', and maybe we will find it funny enough to stop what we are doing and do something about your situation. If you would like to hear a repeat of these options, please say 'I am a dumb meatbag about to become vampire food' or press star."


Kai’s ear flatten as the voice comes through. Pirate? Crazy, maybe? Hope I get my chance to meet this little shit. Knowing that Pigtails life is in his hands and he can’t provide the answer he’d like to, Kai swallows his pride for the moment as the fur on his neck starts to settle. Again, the Operator keys his radio, “Listen pal, I’m guessing you’re headed to Tampico for rest and refuel at the least, ain’t much else around these parts unless you like being vamp food. You want Gamblin knowing you left one of his hired guns high and dry, that’s your death wish. Here’s your chance to get in good with the right people. If not, fuck it, I’ll look forward to seeing you in Tampico. Choice is yours.”
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mouser » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Kai McCoy wrote:“Listen pal, I’m guessing you’re headed to Tampico for rest and refuel at the least, ain’t much else around these parts unless you like being vamp food. You want Gamblin knowing you left one of his hired guns high and dry, that’s your death wish. Here’s your chance to get in good with the right people. If not, fuck it, I’ll look forward to seeing you in Tampico. Choice is yours.”


*Sound Analysis Computer: Imitate a person's voice with 84% Accuracy (+10% when over any form of audio transmission). 1d100:
38


Mouser was having a hell of a good time tormenting the Wolfen, the reason he was however were quite numerous but the core of it all started with the fact he was heavily built upon a salvaged Vallax android AI. The rest simply because he'd been rebuilt and reprogrammed with assassination and very loose combat protocols, meaning he held very little value in organic life in general. This time, the voice that replied to Kai, was his own! "Listen pal, I'm a Gamblin man knowing I'm high and dry with a death wish. Here's a chance to get in good with the right people. If not, fuck it, I'll look forward to being vamp food." the voice chances once more "I like the way you die boy!" with the voice changing yet again another adds laughter followed by "And now for something completely different!" yet another change "Music for you to die to!" and then a song starts playing over the radio.

OOC Note: Just as an FYI but both this post and the previous post have links in the dialogue that might not be immediately obvious.
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:33 pm

((Rolls held))

Kai smirks slightly before turning his radio off completely and refocusing his attention on the vampires. I'm already dealing with enough children.
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
85


Conditions:
Will's Gear wrote:TW Infiltrado Armor
Kisentite Sword
Bone Dagger
TW Swarm Bow
Quiver w/ 12 MD Arrows and 12 Swarm Arrows
Empress TW Wire Horse
Wingboard
Bandoleer w/ Grenades (see sig)


Will exits the Yellowfish and takes to the sky on his Wingboard. Taking in the situation from the sky, he watches as the vampires call Kai all kinds of names and throw stones across the water. He decides to land near Kai on the sandbar and get more info. "Friendly bunch, aren't they? Why are they just standing at the water's edge instead of coming over here to rip you apart? I thought they liked to fight? Anyway, my name is William Summers with the Roughnecks. We were on our way here for some business and our robot told us that... what did he say?" Will puts on his best imitation robot voice before mimicking Mouser. "Beep boop. This unit should inform you there is the wolf and red riding hood fighting off vampires nearby. Boop bop beep! However the biological unit 'McCoy of Tampico' appears to have lost radio communication." Will looks at the wolfen next to him and asks "Would you be McCoy?"

Meanwhile, Will grabs his Swarm Bow from his back and tests out the string tension. Limbs are nice and taut. Handle grip feels nice. OK, let's do this. Reaching back into his quiver, Will pulls out one of his Swarm Arrows, nocks it and takes aim at the vampires. Letting the smallest bit of magic energy flow from him, through his blessed ring and into the arrow (-3/2=1.5 round up to 2 PPE), he turns on the magic enchantment that allows the one arrow to become six. He lets fly and watches as the arrow splits midair and then the volley of arrows fly toward one of the three vampires on the other side of the water. He then does it again to the next vampire and then again to the next.

If he hits: "Damn! That was satisfying! Never shot a vampire with an arrow before. Especially not 6 magic arrows.
If he misses: "Hmm... Thought I had that. No matter."

Either way, he continues with "Hold on one sec, I've gotta talk to my crew." His keys his earpiece radio and asks "Can someone grab that Horde Buster rifle if you're coming up? I've got a feeling we're gonna need it."

APM: 8
Archery ROF: 5

Action 1: Fire Swarm Arrow @ Skinny Vampire across the water. Strike: 1d20+6 = 21:
15
Damage: 6d6+6 = 33:
4, 6, 5, 6, 3, 3
MD
Action 2: Fire Swarm Arrow @ Tall Vampire across the water. Strike: 1d20+6 = 15:
9
Damage: 6d6+6 = 25:
3, 6, 3, 1, 5, 1
MD
Action 3: Fire Swarm Arrow @ Fat Vampire across the water. Strike: 1d20+6 = 23:
17
Damage: 6d6+6 = 31:
6, 5, 2, 5, 3, 4
MD
Actions 4-5: Radio Yellowfish.
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mercedes » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:49 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14:
12

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
5
;JIC d100: 1d100:
81

Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100:
11
/80%

Mercedes gets topside, powers up her Knock-knock pistol and starts slowly taking aim at the vampires. She doesn't even really care why the others are bothering. Shooting stuff is fun. Especially stuff that won't get her in trouble with the group. Do I want them to die or live then die or die then live? Uh, stupid undead... "Begone! The power of blasts compels you! The power of blasts compels you!"

Initiative 1d20+7 = 26:
19

Actions: 7

Action 1-2 aimed shot at a central vamp (if possible) Strike 1d20+7 = 10:
3
, damage 1d4*10 = 40:
4
(half to 30')

Action 3-4 aimed shot at a vamp Strike 1d20+7 = 13:
6
, damage 1d4*10 = 30:
3
(half to 30')

Action 5-6 aimed shot at a vamp Strike 1d20+7 = 20:
13
, damage 1d4*10 = 10:
1
(half to 30')

Action 7 reload with 25 PPE
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:01 pm

((Rolls held))

Will wrote:"Friendly bunch, aren't they? Why are they just standing at the water's edge instead of coming over here to rip you apart? I thought they liked to fight? Anyway, my name is William Summers with the Roughnecks. We were on our way here for some business and our robot told us that... what did he say?" Will puts on his best imitation robot voice before mimicking Mouser. "Beep boop. This unit should inform you there is the wolf and red riding hood fighting off vampires nearby. Boop bop beep! However the biological unit 'McCoy of Tampico' appears to have lost radio communication." Will looks at the wolfen next to him and asks "Would you be McCoy?"


From underneath his Naruni helmet Kai cocks a furry eyebrow, “Ain’t you a big sonofabitch. The hell they feed you?” Casting his gaze back to the vamps, Kai continues, “Water ain’t exactly their friend. Keeps me and Pigtails here safe,” Kai says throwing a thumb towards his back, “This here is Pigtails. Tough little girl this one. Bastards tried using her as bait to catch me. Let’s just say Pigtails and I turned the tables on them. The name’s Kai McCoy, folks call me Mac.” When Will mentions his robot, Kai nods in understanding, “Ah, faulty mechanics...that explains it. Give me and Pigtails here a ride to Tampico I’ll bend Gamblin’s ear, see if he can’t take the unit it for a factory reset, that should fix your problem.”
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mouser » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:55 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 14:
4

JiC: 1d20:
17
1d100:
77


Having decided to follow William and Mercedes to head out and check things out, Mouser catches the tail end of the conversation between Will and Kai as it lands on the island using it's concealed hover system (Which retracts as soon as he lands). "Statement: A factory reset is not recommended as the factory this unit was built in was destroyed. Also it is not required as this unit is working at peak mechanical efficiency and 637% beyond initially projected AI prototype capacity. Caution: This unit is authorized to utilize lethal force on unauthorized personnel who attempt unauthorized duplication, modification and use of, or attempt to sabotage and tampering with this unit."
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:06 am

Moments later...

The Roughs pile out of the sub to join the fray. As Will is the first out, he sees Kai headshot two of the vamps with ease.

Conversations and actions happen as intended. Will smoothes over the confusion caused by Mouser's artful miscommunication. (Mouser quickly does his best to re-establish the intentional confusion his oddly wired brain finds so amusing.) The big bruiser of a mage then tests out his new Swarm bow. It is with much satisfaction he watches multiple arrows imbed themselves in the undead goons.

The damage is too much for the cowardly fiends and they turn to run. Unfortunately for them Mercedes decides she might as well pitch in. With each shot of her Knock-Knock pistol a vamp is blown sky high, between 40-60' in the air. The effect is quite comical, those who enjoy gallows-humor slapstick will find themselves enjoying the display.

But not for long. A larger group is coming to the shore... three of the leaders are running very fast indeed, as if they intend to cross the water? How can that be?

At about 30' from the shore the nature of the three lead runners becomes obvious:

Image

Behind them, a larger group (30-40) more cautiously approaches the shore.

A lore roll +15% will identify the trio as Werewolves.

Combat! The werewolves engage those on the sandbar. The larger group is in range of weapons but it is unclear what they are up to at the moment and targeting individuals is impossible.

What are your intentions?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Michael Maxwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:16 pm

Perceptions: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

JIC: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
13


After Murdocs magical garbage bag trick Maxwell is genuinely impressed. With the demon finally neutralized the mercenary turns his attention to the sandbar situation. Gearing up in Roadrunner and Fauxhawk combo Maxwell grabs his anti-vampire package from the munitions locker and check's Morty's custom silver slinging hell beast to make sure a round is chambered. Slapping ten additional clips to his ammo belt he shoulders his MP-10 Caseless and locks into the Faux Hawk. Looking at the C-40R he grins, It'll be a good conventional back up weapon this time, but for full on anti-vamp I need to swamp that out with one of those Colombian rocket rifles with the wooden rounds. Day dreams of South American weapons aside he lifts off and joins the fray.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100:
54
/65%

Seeing he's later to the vampire party Maxwell sizes up the creatures on shore, Vampires and werewolves, this is like a bad porno, or that Mardis Gras party I went too one time, well same difference! Setting the Faux Hawk to fly low and level Maxwell levels his anti-vamp sniper rifle, confident the silver rounds will still hurt were beasts, and squeezes off a highly aimed shot at the lead wolf. C'mon Morty, show me what you got

"Long range fire coming in, remember to tell them about the time Mikey Maxwell pegs a werewolf dead centre - while flying!"

With his shot away the salty mercenary sets his Faux Hawk to fly ahead and hover ahead so he can use it to have a look at what's behind the wolves. WHile the Fauz Hawk is still moving Maxwell cuts loose and jumps into the water, laying prone with his rifle in the surf ready to line up another sniper shot.

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 29:
19

APM: 6
One - Three: Called Aimed Shot to lead were wolf's heart
Strike: 1 EP purchase, automatic critical strike
Damage: 1 EP purchase, automatic critical success
Four - Six: Program the Faux Hawk to scout the large mass on the other side, jumping off while's its still moving in order to land in the water behind the sand bar, laying prone to set-up more sniper shots
Pilot Combat Flight System 1d100:
69
/75%
Roll with fall (up to 1,800'): 1d20+10 = 16:
6
Michael Maxwell
"I don't kiss asses. I kick them."

    Armor:
    - Cyber Armor Main Body - 50/50 (AR 16)
    - CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suit 22 /22
    Power Armor: Custom Roadrunner
    - Main Body - 210/210
    - Force Field - 110/110
    Vehicle: NG-102W Air Assault Combat System
    - Main Body - 290/290
    Weapon: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 12/12
User avatar
Michael Maxwell
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5:
3

JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
24


Conditions:
Will's Gear wrote:TW Infiltrado Armor, Kisentite Sword, Bone Dagger, TW Swarm Bow, Quiver w/ 12 MD Arrows and 9/12 Swarm Arrows, Empress TW Wire Horse, Wingboard, Bandoleer w/ Grenades (see sig)


"Did you see those shots? Aw damn... These hairy things are getting close. Zam Tinen! Impetum fulgur!" Will activates his Armor of Ithan, slings his bow and starts blasting away at the werewolves with magical electricity. If any of the werewolves get close to Mikey, he'll target them. Otherwise, he just goes for whoever is looking craziest. "I could really use that rifle!"

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24:
14

APM: 9
Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan. (-5 PPE, 48/48 melee rounds, 60/60 MDC)
Action 2: Put bow away.
Action 3: Cast Electric Arc. (-4 PPE, Duration: 2 melees)
Action 4: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 11:
9
Damage: 2d6:
6, 3
MD
Action 5: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 20:
18
Damage: 2d6:
3, 4
MD
Action 6: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 12:
10
Damage: 2d6:
5, 4
MD
Action 7: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 17:
15
Damage: 2d6:
3, 6
MD
Action 8: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 20:
18
Damage: 2d6:
4, 6
MD
Action 9: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 7:
5
Damage: 2d6:
4, 2
MD
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 26:
16

JiC: 1d20:
3
1d100:
54


Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible. If for some reason the lights go out Wak will shift to Passive Nightvision.

Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100:
35
/ 83%

Wak nods to Mudoc, "Good job Murdoc! Hopefully Flip survives."

Wak just laughs at the banter going back and forth over the radio. "If you can make it to the boat get moving, if not, well we are opening fire!" I can't wait to use Morty's rifle!! After seeing the werewolves, "We have werewolves charging . . . take them down! Silver works on werewolves, just like vamps!" Wak pulls off his Vamp Sniper by Mortimer and takes an aimed called shot at the heart of one of the werewolves. He says "I have the one on the left!" If one goes down he switches to the next. If all the werewolves are down he switches to the vamps/wolves in the oncoming group.

APM: 9
Init: 1d20+9 = 24:
15


Actions 1-3: Aimed called shot on werewolf's heart. Strike: 1d20+11 = 21:
10
Damage: 3d6*10 = 130:
5, 3, 5

Actions 4-6: Aimed called shot on werewolf's heart. Strike: 1d20+11 = 30:
19
CRIT! Damage: 3d6*10 = 130:
6, 4, 3
x2 = 260
Actions 7-9: Aimed called shot on werewolf's heart. Strike: 1d20+11 = 23:
12
Damage: 3d6*10 = 180:
6, 6, 6
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mouser » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 19:
9

JiC: 1d20:
11
1d100:
22


Lacking any weaponry capable of harming either vampires or werewolves and the team set on attacking both groups, rather than letting them kill each other Mouser decides returning to the submarine is the best course of action at this time. "This unit is not presently equipped with suitable munitions for the current engagement." he radios to the team. However since his cohorts seem intent on actually rescuing the pair he figures he might as well make the extraction a little easier and so turns to regard Kai. "This unit can carry the young one back to the submarine. I am uncertain however if my hover systems can handle both of you."

Mouser will wait rather patiently for Kai to decide what to do. If the little girl is to ride on him, Mouser will actually do what he can to rather gently ensure she's held in place safely, Either with his tail, and or with retractable utility arms. If the girl seems fussy he'll actually try playing some recordings of children's music that's in his databases to help calm her before flying her to the relative safety of the submarine.

If on the other hand Kai or the girl refuse Mouser will simply return to the ship (Though if it's simply the girl that refuses he will give Kai a chance to try to convince her to go).
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:44 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

JIC: 1d20:
7
| 1d100:
51

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 28:
20


N-F20A: 75/75
Current Weapon: M4 Carbine 28/30

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
75
/50% FAIL!


Mouser wrote:"This unit can carry the young one back to the submarine. I am uncertain however if my hover systems can handle both of you."


Kai growls slightly under his breath before swallowing his pride and handing Pigtails over to the large robot, “...I’m trusting you….” Kai’s tone is dead serious and without any of his usual sarcasm or hubris, “Little girl just wants to go home to her daddy.” Nodding slightly to Mouser, Kai turns his attentions back towards the werewolf horde coming their way. Eyeing the larger group behind the initial three, Kai furrows his brow. Ain’t worth the engagement if we can break contact and leave. These fellas’ seem keen on turning this into a war. Either they ain’t never been in one or they enjoy the feeling of it. Suppose only time will tell. Smiling slightly, Kai can’t help but appreciate the odds stacked against them. He hadn’t been in a good fight like this in a while. Part of him relished at the idea. Within seconds his finger begins to dance off the trigger of the M4.

Action 1: Hand Pigtails to Mouser
Action 2: Fire Short Burst into nearest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
| Damage: 6d6:
2, 6, 5, 4, 4, 1

Action 3: Fire Short Burst into nearest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 22:
17
| Damage: 6d6:
3, 3, 6, 3, 4, 4

Action 4: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
| Damage: 6d6:
1, 3, 4, 5, 4, 1

Action 5: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 6:
1
| Damage: 6d6:
4, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3

Action 6: Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 7:
2
| Damage: 6d6:
1, 1, 4, 6, 6, 2

Action 7:Fire Short Burst into next closest enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 11:
6
| Damage: 6d6:
6, 2, 3, 6, 1, 3


Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 26:
18
, 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 10:
2
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10
, 1d20+8 = 14:
6
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 21:
13
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:19 pm

Percep: 1d20+3 = 17:
14

JIC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
21


Weapon Systems 45%=1d100:
78
, 1d100:
95


Murdoc chatters on the comms as he catches up with the new stiuation, "Well, the being living in the magic engine says the shadow entity is now taken care of. I hope he's right. I'm in the cargo bay now getting geared up. Anybody need anything special? Wait a second. I have an idea." After a few seconds pause and Murdoc come back on the channel, "I've got the Yeolowfin's weapons systems fired up. Anyone need some fire support?"

Chuckling on the open comm, Murdoc primes a volley of four short range missiles, targeting the center of the large group coming in behind the three werewolves, "Heads up missile volley in bound." He slaps the fire button and releases the volley of four short range plasma missiles at the large group headed their way.


Strike: 1d20:
1
, 1d20:
9
, 1d20:
14
, 1d20:
11
Dmg: 2d6*10 = 80:
4, 4
, 2d6*10 = 70:
6, 1
, 2d6*10 = 90:
4, 5
, 2d6*10 = 70:
5, 2
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Moments Later...

A werewolf's eye, from a wing in the sky.

The Roughnecks are clearly eager for some action, days aboard a murder sub can do that to a merc.

Maxwell takes to the air, and with true panache pulls of a one-in-a-million shot. The werewolves wade through the ocean their slobber dripping into the churning surf. Maxwell calls his shot. And suddenly the Alpha wolf is gone.

Replayed later in slow-mo, Mouser's video will show Maxwell's bulllet hits the Wolf's left eye at a sharp downward angle. It then travels through the body, striking the heart and literally blowing it out the werewolf's arse. The force of the impact rips the wolf into three chunks which are propelled down into the water so hard and fast that it seems like all that remains of that beast is a splash of water.

The other two wolves are flummoxed, and do a double-take at the empty spot their Alpha once stood. Almost immediately they too are shot down by attacks from Will, Wak, Kai and the others.

The girl is reluctant to leave Kai, but the wolfen convinces her and Mouser takes the girl aboard the sub, directing her down into the safety of its interior.

Murdoc triumphantly announces he is unleashing the submarine's missiles on the enemy. Instead the four plasma missiles sail straight up into the sky nearly half a mile and explode like fireworks, illuminating the battle, surrounding terrain and drawing the attention of anyone within 20 miles or so.

The mob on the shore use the light of the wandering missiles to guide their aim. They hurl several large sacks at a time, both onto the sandbar and onto the sub. The sacks are writhing and full of snarling animals.

One such sack lands at Will and Kai's feet, and from it's folds emerge three ugly little lizard-dog-monkey creatures. Which Kai will know to be Chupacabras. 2 of them immediately attack Will, the other leaps on Kai.

Another gremlin-sack lands on top of Maxwell, three little nasties begin tearing at his armor. The various Roughs soon realize they can knock these little buggers down with silver bullets, but to actually hurt them they'll need to use conventional modern weapons.

More sacks of tooth and claw sail through the air. All told there are 12 chups on the sandbar and 8 on the sub.

While Murdoc is trying to figure out what went wrong, a warning alarm sounds, it seems there are two small vessels fast approaching underwater. Before he can do anything about it, the vessels emerge from the ocean and head towards the shore, seemingly to engage the vampire mob. Everyone can see the two barges at this point, and everyone can recognize them for what they are:

Image

Butcher's Bill
Kai: -3 MDC
Will: -4 MDC
Max: -7 MDC


What are your intentions?
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mercedes » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12:
10

Just in Case d20: 1d20:
9
;JIC d100: 1d100:
49

Imitate Voice (for her accent) 1d100:
76
/80%

"Bloody hell!", Mercedes gasps at the bags of...things. She grabs one and tries to pitch it over the side into the water before it can open up and unleash more critters.

"Why in the fuck are all of these things attacking us at once?!", she asks out loud. I knew I should've stayed below decks. Still, she dives into action...more to clear the way to the hatch inside rather than to help her comrades. Not that she'd admit that. Get outta the way! I wanna get back inside!

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 14:
7

Actions: 7 (double for Battle Fury Blade)

Action 1: grab the nearest bag if it still has critters, toss it over into the water.
Action 2: draw sword
Action 3: activate battle fury ((-40 PPE))
Action 4: slice nearest Chupacabra strike 1d20+6 = 17:
11
, damage 2d4*10 = 70:
4, 3
; second strike 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, damage 2d4*10 = 50:
3, 2

Action 5: slice nearest Chupacabra strike 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4
; second strike 1d20+6 = 8:
2
, damage 2d4*10 = 30:
2, 1

Action 6: slice nearest Chupacabra strike 1d20+6 = 14:
8
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
2, 4
; second strike 1d20+6 = 12:
6
, damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3

Action 7: activate enhance reflexes ((-10 ISP))
Image

Constant Effects: allergic to salt, shape-changed to appear as a beautiful human woman with deep red hair and blue eyes, sixth sense, mystic knight abilities (i.e. impervious to energy, ley line abilities)

Mercedes! Greed unbound!

P.P.E.: 24/104
I.S.P.: 24/38
H.P.: 26/26
S.D.C.: 65/65

Miniaturized Tolkeenite PPE Battery: 160/180 P.P.E.

Knock-Knock: 1/6 shots remaining
User avatar
Mercedes
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:47 am
Location: Waterloo

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Mouser » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:28 am

Perception: 1d20+10 = 27:
17

JiC: 1d20:
16
1d100:
20


(To try and figure out what the creatures are)
Lore: D-Bee 89% 1d100:
35

Lore: Deamons & Monsters 89% 1d100:
48

Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 40% 1d100:
12


Mouser ultimately didn't care what the little girl wanted. He was a robot, and she was some tiny fleshbag. Still, his logic circuits had computed that helping out in this situation was the best course of action to guarantee his own continued functionality. And since everyone else from the Roughnecks had hopped to the aid of the Wolfen and the girl he pretty much got dragged along for the ride. Knowing the girl was going to be a hazard and otherwise just get in the way when those bags of... creatures winds up landing on the sub, Mosuer decides to drop her off. Now that said he was ultimately a unit designed for combat and he simply assumed the girl could follow at least some simple directions. He also knew dropping her off in the middle of danger would just get her killed, and if that happened everyone else would probably get upset about it for some reason. So he tries to drop her off either at the tower hatch or some other entry hatch that's furthest from the creatures.

"Little girl. This unit needs to fight the bad things. Please get off me and go down into that door. You will be safe inside. Find a man called Murdoc. He will keep you safe." he says, his tone shifting from it's usual purely robotic tone to one that was actually rather human like and female. Mouser didn't really consider itself to be any particular sex though he'd probably think of himself as well.. being a he more than a her. However, genders were meaningless to robots. More importantly his databases told him that tiny flesh bags called 'children' usually responded to a calm female voice better than a man's voice and certainly better than a potentially 'scary' sounding robot voice. Honestly I don't understand why the meatbags don't make their smaller meatbag selves as efficient as the large ones....

If the child doesn't co-operate Mouser will more or less play a game of 'keep away' with the chupacabras and strike out at them as best he's able without throwing the girl, before flying out over the water and up into the air some distance where they shouldn't be able to get at them.

If on the other hand the child gets off of him, as he hopes she will, he will move to engage the creatures. Normally he'd just open up with his guns, but in this case he was fighting atop the submarine and didn't want to risk damaging it. Which mean he resorted to utilizing his vibro claws and teeth rather than guns. If he happens to get swarmed he'll even try using tear gas on them.

Strike Rolls: 1d20+12 = 23:
11
1d20+12 = 24:
12
1d20+12 = 23:
11
1d20+12 = 20:
8
1d20+12 = 22:
10
1d20+12 = 15:
3
1d20+12 = 20:
8
1d20+12 = 27:
15
1d20+12 = 22:
10
1d20+12 = 18:
6
1d20+12 = 25:
13


Damage Rolls: 4d6:
3, 3, 4, 4
4d6:
5, 1, 3, 6
4d6:
1, 2, 3, 5
4d6:
5, 1, 5, 5
4d6:
1, 1, 3, 6
4d6:
2, 4, 4, 4
4d6:
4, 3, 3, 5
4d6:
1, 4, 2, 6
4d6:
6, 2, 3, 5
4d6:
3, 4, 2, 2
4d6:
2, 4, 1, 1


JiC Parry Rolls: 1d20+14 = 21:
7
1d20+14 = 27:
13
1d20+14 = 34:
20
1d20+14 = 34:
20
1d20+14 = 28:
14
1d20+14 = 21:
7
1d20+14 = 17:
3
1d20+14 = 22:
8
1d20+14 = 15:
1
1d20+14 = 20:
6
1d20+14 = 28:
14


JiC Dodge Rolls: 1d20+15 = 31:
16
1d20+15 = 24:
9
1d20+15 = 18:
3
1d20+15 = 25:
10
1d20+15 = 19:
4
1d20+15 = 28:
13
1d20+15 = 31:
16
1d20+15 = 24:
9
1d20+15 = 19:
4
1d20+15 = 27:
12
1d20+15 = 28:
13
Mouser's Sheet

M.D.C. by location:
• Head: 28
• Legs (4): 83
• Mini-Hand(2): 10
• Mini-Arms(2): 25
• Sensory Antenna (2): 6
• Tail: 28
• Main Body: 550

Constant Effects: Advanced Audio System with 80 Decibel Loudspeaker & Recorder, Motion Detector & Warning System, Micro Radar with Radar Detector, Molecular Analyzer & Explosives Detector, Radiation & Biometic Scanner, Environmental Protection, Gyro-Compass & Depth Gauge with Alarm, Bug Detector, Sound Analysis Computer, Wide Band Radio Receiver/Transmitter with Scrambling/Decoding

Vocal Output: Robotic/Gender Neutral
Combat Setting: Lethal response Authorized


Soundtrack:
Dead Can Dance -The End of Words
Blues Saraceno - Evil Ways (Justice Mix)
AWOLNATION - Kill your Heroes
Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
User avatar
Mouser
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 7:07 pm
Location: Rifts Earth: Roughnecks

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
63


Conditions:
Armor of Ithan: 56/60 MDC
Will's Gear wrote:TW Infiltrado Armor, Kisentite Sword, Bone Dagger, TW Swarm Bow, Quiver w/ 12 MD Arrows and 9/12 Swarm Arrows, Empress TW Wire Horse, Wingboard, Bandoleer w/ Grenades (see sig)


"What the hell are these?!" Will backs away from the two attacking him while continuing to pelt them with magical lightning. (Demon Lore: 1d100:
92
/70 - FAIL
) "What manner of beast gets thrown in a sack toward battle?" Will is seriously confused and seriously throwing lots of lightning at the Chupa Chups.
Mercedes wrote:"Why in the fuck are all of these things attacking us at once?!"

"I don't know, but let's cut off their heads and mail them back to mother!" It's a good thing I got my armor up before they got to me!

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 17:
7

APM: 9
Action 1: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 8:
6
Damage: 2d6:
6, 5
MD
Action 2: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 3:
1
(NAT1) Damage: 2d6:
5, 1
MD
Action 3: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 11:
9
Damage: 2d6:
3, 4
MD
Action 4: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 13:
11
Damage: 2d6:
6, 6
MD
Action 5: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 6:
4
Damage: 2d6:
1, 1
MD
Action 6: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 20:
18
Damage: 2d6:
4, 1
MD
Action 7: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
(Auto Miss) Damage: 2d6:
4, 4
MD
Action 8: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 8:
6
Damage: 2d6:
6, 1
MD
Action 9: Fire Electric Arc at closest werewolf. Strike: 1d20+2 = 9:
7
Damage: 2d6:
6, 6
MD
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:44 am

Chupa Chapas Mini-Update!

"Little girl. This unit needs to fight the bad things. Please get off me and go down into that door. You will be safe inside. Find a man called Murdoc. He will keep you safe."


The biological unit designated "Pigtails" stares blankly at the mouse hunting robot. The pause is so long he is just about to conclude that he must have broken her somehow on transit. Various "Evidence Removal" and "Crime Cover-Up" protocols are about to click into action when the little girl finally moves.

A chupacabra has approached her, at which point Pigtails screams, runs at it and kicks the little monster square in the balls, launching it over board and into the water below the deck.

"Chupacabras! Destruyes los pendejos! Disparas sus huevos!"


Image

All the Roughnecks can hear the far-carrying, surprisingly articulate and informative shrieks of their new passenger.

If your PC speaks Spanish at all (Full Disclosure: I used google) you now:
  • Know these are Chupacabras.
  • Know Chupa Chapas (Thanks, Will!) are well-known d-bee animals oft-mentioned alongside vampires and Mexico.
  • Know they are tough (light MDC) but otherwise mundane.
  • Notice that male Chupachapas have unusually large testicles, if your pursue this line of query you'll further discover they are much softer and more sensitive than the rest of the animal. (A local insider's tip, courtesy of Pigtails!)

If you successfully rolled against Lore D-Bee or Monster you now:
  • Know whatever is listed in the books.

Pigtails promptly turns and runs down into the sub. She finds the Mechanic (who's been dealing with a real rough migraine and will sits this one out thank you very much) keeping watch over Flip. Delighted by the d-bee's pretty blue color, Pigtails takes a shine to Mech. Once the Machine Person from another Galaxy realizes the little girl likes to sit quietly as much as he does, the affection becomes mutual.
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:33 pm

PAUSE THE GAME

**IMPORTANT**GM CORRECTION**IMPORTANT**

Your silver bullets tear into the Chupacabras. The combined efforts of those on the sandbar put two in the dirt.

*Note = The damage caused by your silver may lead some of you to make erroneous conclusions.

Adjusted Body Count
Sandbar: 10
Sub Deck: 7

CONTINUE THE GAME
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 25:
15

JiC: 1d20:
4
1d100:
8


Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible. If for some reason the lights go out Wak will shift to Passive Nightvision.

Lore: Demon & Monsters-- 1d100:
36
/ 83%
Language Spanish-- 1d100:
18
/ 101%

Wak exclaims, "Nice shot Max!!" Wak glances admiringly at Morty's rifle, Nice! Then the bags are thrown. Wak says over the radio. "What in the Spirit Realm was that." He drops the rifle and pulls out Derilian and commences to hack up these little creatures. Wak smiles at the little girl! "A girl after my own heart, thinks she is related to Max?"

When he sees the barge, "Crap sploogs! Murdoc, maybe you should stay at the weapons systems in case we need to engage with these things! By the way, did you mean to shoot flares in the air? Ha." Had to be filthy slavers!!

APM: 9
Init: 1d20+9 = 27:
18


Actions 1: Drop rifle and draw sword.
Actions 2: Strike: 1d20+14 = 21:
7
Damage: 7d6:
2, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3

Actions 3: Strike: 1d20+14 = 26:
12
Damage: 7d6:
2, 6, 4, 4, 2, 5, 2

Actions 4: Strike: 1d20+14 = 30:
16
Damage: 7d6:
1, 1, 4, 3, 3, 5, 1

Actions 5: Strike: 1d20+14 = 32:
18
CRIT! Damage: 7d6:
4, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2
- 34!
Actions 6: Strike: 1d20+14 = 31:
17
Damage: 7d6:
6, 3, 1, 5, 3, 6, 6

Actions 7: Strike: 1d20+14 = 28:
14
Damage: 7d6:
3, 6, 4, 3, 4, 1, 4

Actions 8: Strike: 1d20+14 = 21:
7
Damage: 7d6:
3, 6, 3, 3, 6, 6, 4

Actions 9: Strike: 1d20+14 = 26:
12
Damage: 7d6:
4, 6, 1, 2, 6, 3, 1


Parry as needed: 1d20+17 = 24:
7
1d20+17 = 27:
10
1d20+17 = 37:
20
1d20+17 = 28:
11
1d20+17 = 35:
18
1d20+17 = 18:
1
1d20+17 = 30:
13

Auto-dodge as needed: 1d20+8 = 23:
15
1d20+8 = 17:
9
1d20+8 = 20:
12
1d20+8 = 15:
7
1d20+8 = 24:
16
1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 14:
6
1d20+8 = 28:
20
1d20+8 = 20:
12
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Kai McCoy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:33 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 23:
20
NAT 20! :D
JIC: 1d20:
13
| 1d100:
17

APM: 6 | 7 | 8
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 9:
1
NAT 1! :shock:

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
60
/50% FAIL!

Detect Ambush: 1d100:
31
/40% PASS!

Radio Basic: 1d100:
61
/65% PASS!


N-F20A: 72/75
Current Weapon: Forearm Vibro Claws & M4 Carbine 26/30

Kai growls as the chupacabra latches onto his armor. Unsheathing the vibro-claws from the housing unit of his armor, he begins to slash furiously at the vermin. We ain’t got time to be dealing with this shit. Sploogs coming in fast. Heard they use Wolfen as pets. Ain’t no way I’m being something ugly’s lap dog. As Kai continues to slash, he will wait for a break in the situation to key his radio towards the other Roughnecks, “Ya’ll know that’s a Sploog ship right? How crazy ya’ll trying to get today?”

Action 1: Attack Chupacabra with Vibro-Claw (kill his first, then assist Will) | Strike: 1d20+3 = 17:
14
| Damage: 3d6:
1, 3, 3
M.D.
Action 2: Attack Chupacabra with Vibro-Claw (kill his first, then assist Will) | Strike: 1d20+3 = 18:
15
| Damage: 3d6:
1, 4, 4
M.D.
Action 3: Attack Chupacabra with Vibro-Claw (kill his first, then assist Will) | Strike: 1d20+3 = 20:
17
| Damage: 3d6:
3, 2, 4
M.D.
Action 4: Attack Chupacabra with Vibro-Claw (kill his first, then assist Will) | Strike: 1d20+3 = 8:
5
| Damage: 3d6:
2, 1, 5
M.D.
Action 5: Attack Chupacabra with Vibro-Claw (kill his first, then assist Will) | Strike: 1d20+3 = 11:
8
| Damage: 3d6:
2, 1, 3
M.D.
Action 6: Radio team
ONLY IF ALL CHUPACABRA ARE DEAD
Action 7:Fire Short Burst into next supernatural enemy threat Strike: 1d20+5 = 10:
5
| Damage: 6d6:
1, 4, 4, 3, 3, 6


Dodges (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 17:
9
, 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 13:
5
, 1d20+8 = 27:
19
, 1d20+8 = 16:
8
, 1d20+8 = 12:
4

Parries (+8 included): 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 17:
9
, 1d20+8 = 15:
7
, 1d20+8 = 25:
17
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 17:
9
, 1d20+8 = 9:
1
, 1d20+8 = 27:
19
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 66/66
Effects
• Nightvision: 40’
• Immune to Horror Factor
• -10% to Physical Skills
• Can dodge all attacks
• Thermo Kinetic Armor
Equipment
• N-F20A: 37/75
• NE-BA-26: Main: 79/90 Helmet: 40/50
• Alien Heavy Laser Rifle: 18/18
• Alien Lightning Gun: 4/8
• M4 Carbine: 30/30
• 2x NE-RV03: 3D6 M.D.

(Accurate as of 28JAN2017)
User avatar
Kai McCoy
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Michael Maxwell » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:16 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JIC: 1d20:
3
/ 1d100:
9


Seeing the little ankle biters on the beach Maxwell grunts in disgust. He's seen the little bastards before, on his last job and has no fondness for them. Not so much because they ally with vamps and wolves, but because of their enormous balls. It's like they're rubbing in the fact that he doesn't have any real ones any more...I wonder if I can cybergraft a pair of those bad boys onto to my cybernetics.

Kicking it into high gear Maxwell signals for his flying wing to return, then proceeds to keep the critters at bay until it arrives.

(OOC: I assume the pack of were wolves is still en route?)

"I say we let the salvers and werewolves duke it out. We got the kid out, let's pull back to the sub. No need to hang out here and waste ammo. Get in the air, someone take the new guy."

When his flying wing returns Maxwell jumps into the air and locks in, then starts mowing down the sandbar with its built in C-40R (I'm assuming this happens next melee).

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24:
14

APM: 6
One; Forearm Vibro-strike nearest target
Strike 1d20+9 = 26:
17

Damage: 3d6:
2, 2, 1

Two; Forearm Vibro-strike nearest target
Strike 1d20+9 = 13:
4

Damage: 3d6:
2, 4, 3

Three; Forearm Vibro-strike nearest target
Strike 1d20+9 = 23:
14

Damage: 3d6:
1, 6, 2

Four; Forearm Vibro-strike nearest target
Strike 1d20+9 = 18:
9

Damage: 3d6:
4, 4, 4

Five; Forearm Vibro-strike nearest target
Strike 1d20+9 = 20:
11

Damage: 3d6:
2, 4, 1

Six; Forearm Vibro-strike nearest target
Strike 1d20+9 = 14:
5

Damage: 3d6:
2, 4, 6


Auto-dodge as required: 1d20+4 = 12:
8
1d20+4 = 11:
7
1d20+4 = 21:
17
1d20+4 = 18:
14
1d20+4 = 21:
17
1d20+4 = 5:
1

Parry as required: 1d20+11 = 28:
17
1d20+11 = 16:
5
1d20+11 = 15:
4
1d20+11 = 12:
1
1d20+11 = 17:
6
1d20+11 = 13:
2
1d20+11 = 24:
13
1d20+11 = 23:
12
Michael Maxwell
"I don't kiss asses. I kick them."

    Armor:
    - Cyber Armor Main Body - 50/50 (AR 16)
    - CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suit 22 /22
    Power Armor: Custom Roadrunner
    - Main Body - 210/210
    - Force Field - 110/110
    Vehicle: NG-102W Air Assault Combat System
    - Main Body - 290/290
    Weapon: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 12/12
User avatar
Michael Maxwell
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Murdoc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Percep: 1d20+3 = 5:
2

JIC: 1d20:
11
1d100:
52


Weapon Systems 45%=1d100:
99
1d100:
83

Language: Spanish 72%=1d100:
2


Murdoc simply groans to himself when the missiles fly up into the air and detonate, "Son of a Bitch.... Well I guess that could have been much worse." An image flickers through his head of the missiles striking the sandbar and wiping out his teammates. "much worse. Now to get it right!" He starts going over the controls as his radio craps to life.

Wakiza wrote:When he sees the barge, "Crap sploogs! Murdoc, maybe you should stay at the weapons systems in case we need to engage with these things! By the way, did you mean to shoot flares in the air? Ha." Had to be filthy slavers!!


Murdoc taps his mic, "Let's just assume so." He gives a weak chuckle as he adjusts the missile systems fire controls. "I think I got it down now. And, uh, it might be time to fall back to the sub and get the hell outta Dodge."

Once that missile system is re-targeted on the 30-40 member pack of werewolves Murdoc crosses himself, hand moving quickly from head to heart then left to right. He then slap the missile fire control button and says, "Watch your six, missiles are inbound. And we've got Sploogs on the scene." Then he just waits and watches, helpless to correct anything if he set the missiles when wild again. I should be out there doing what I do. Not in here pressing buttons. But I had to have a bright idea. I shoulda just gone fishing with that hook and line on my flying wing. He grins at the image of dragging a vamp out to sea with it, whether it would/could have happened or not.

Strike: 1d20:
16
, 1d20:
5
, 1d20:
9
, 1d20:
1
Dmg: 2d6*10 = 70:
2, 5
, 2d6*10 = 110:
6, 5
, 2d6*10 = 70:
4, 3
, 2d6*10 = 50:
4, 1
Travis Murdoc
Current Details
H.P.: 37/37
S.D.C.: 165/165
AR: 17
M.D.C.: 100/100

Armor:
TFRC-02 FreeRunner Combat Exoskeleton
• Helmet: 30
• Arms: 30 each
• Legs: 40 each
• Main Body: 70
• Force Field: 75

Weapons:
Grenade: Dead Ball
Phase Sword
NG-45LP Long Pistol
Pug's Vamp Special
JA-12 Laser Rifle


------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Murdoc
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:30 am
Location: Rifts: Roughnecks (PC)

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby SNAFU » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:34 am

Moments later...

Do Chupacabras Sing?

Many chupacabras have died this night. Do chupacabras mourn their dead? If so then the plaintiff wails of the mothers of the lost will haunt the sierra. However, they have left scars.

The team is finally all aboard the submarine, including Kai and Pigtails. Murdoc's second barrage and the magic attacks of the Minions, which include Globes of Daylight, prove that the mob on the shore is in fact a group of wild vampires.

This means contrary to popular belief the species can and do work together! (This statement doesn't apply to Kai, as this is a well-known fact in Mexico.)

There is no point to submerging and the Yellowfish sails into the port of Tampico. The Slavers ignore you and continue to attack the quickly diminishing crowd of vamps.

You have arrived in Tampico town, it is 6:00 am by the time you have gotten past the guards.

Flip must be taken to Gamblin HQ. Accommodations and food must be considered.

For all intents purposes this will serve as our "in town" period. Any desired 'town' service can be asked for OOC but the ingame results may very due to setting.

Cumulative Butcher's Bill
Kai: -7 MDC
Will: -9 MDC
Max:-13 MDC
Mouser: -4 MDC
Mercedes: -6 MDC
Wakiza: -2 MDC
SNAFU
 

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby William Summers » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15:
13

JIC: 1d20:
14
1d100:
11


"Alright, I know this may be a point of contention... but I'm pretty sure I fragged the most beasties out there. And did you see the size of their huevos? Holy geez! Those belong on a dragon or something!" Will continues to make small talk until it's time to shut up. Topics include: The Sploogs that didn't just kill them, vampires, why does Flip smell so bad, no seriously why does he smell so bad, and magic blasting. He also takes the time to sidle up to Kai and ask "So... Why were you on a sandbar fighting vampires with a little girl?"

When they pull into town, Will high tails it to the bar. "Murdoc, you're with me. That was some weird shit and it's time to drink. Mercedes, you can come too. Just in case someone tries anything, good to know you've got my back."
The Man in Black
William Summers
HP: 55/55
SDC: 62/62
PPE: 142/157


TW Infiltrado Armor:
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 18/40 • Main Body: 55/55
• Left Leg: 35/35 • Right Leg: 35/35
• Left Arm: 25/25 • Right Arm: 25/25

Features: Thermokinetic (thermal and kinetic attacks do 25% less damage), Forearm-Mounted Retractable Silver-Plated Vibro-Blades (1 each forearm): +1d6 M.D. to Punch Damage
TW Enhancements: Sigilo, Percatación, Cuerpo, Bravura. See sheet for descriptions.

Iron Sword: 5D6 MD.
Kisentite Sword: 2D6+6 MD. +2 to strike and parry.
TW Thundergun Revolver: 3D6 SDC to mortals, 5D6 MD to magic beings, 1D6x10 MD to supernatural beings. 6/6. Range: 200'. Recharge: 10 PPE.
MP-3 MageFire Bolt Pistol: 3D6+3 MD. 8/8. Range: 500'. Recharge: 12 PPE.
TW Horde Buster Rifle: 1D6*10 or 1D6 per projectile. +1 to strike. 5/5. Range: 1100'. Recharge: 20 PPE.

Grenade Bandoleers (2): 1 Seeker Bat Grenade, 1 Void Grenade, 3 Flashfire Grenades, 1 Acid Grenade, 1 Plasma Grenade, 1 Heavy HE Grenade, 1 Flash Freeze Grenade, 1 Smoke Grenade.

Wing Board Turbo

8th Ring of Elder
☞ Reduces by half the amount of P.P.E. required to perform any magical feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the duration of any magic feat, ability or spell.
☞ Doubles the range of any magic feat, ability or spell.


Image
User avatar
William Summers
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 am
Location: Roughnecks - PC

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Michael Maxwell » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JIC: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
52


"Balls!" Maxwell says as he inspects the damage to his Roadrunner. Barely paint scratches mostly but getting it fixed in this town was going to be expensive. On the sub the headhunter looks askance at Murdoc, "Nice shooting grape nuts."

"Welcome aboard, " he says to Kai and the girl, "That was a hell of a pickle out there, how did you manage to be in the middle of a shit sandwich?"

Getting into some travelling clothes, read body armor, and prepares to doc. No point in trying to hide their presence anymore. As they settle into the dock Maxwell sighs heavily, I need a drink, I wonder if they have tequila. As he disembarks he warily eyes the Splugorth mothership. This is going to be a problem. He quietly radios the Roughnecks, "We don't want to end up as shanghaied and sold into slavery. Stay alert. Let's do our jobs and get paid." I'm talking to you Wak, he doesn't add. With that he pulls on his NG ball cap and escorts Flip to the HQ.

"Come on Flip. You need some fresh air."
Michael Maxwell
"I don't kiss asses. I kick them."

    Armor:
    - Cyber Armor Main Body - 50/50 (AR 16)
    - CA-FS1 Armored Flight Suit 22 /22
    Power Armor: Custom Roadrunner
    - Main Body - 210/210
    - Force Field - 110/110
    Vehicle: NG-102W Air Assault Combat System
    - Main Body - 290/290
    Weapon: Q1-02 "Stopper" Ion Pistol 12/12
User avatar
Michael Maxwell
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Re: Stop #2: Welcome to Tampico

Postby Wakiza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+10 = 15:
5

JiC: 1d20:
9
1d100:
29


Conditions: Wak cycles to thermal vision every few minutes to keep an eye out for the invisible. If for some reason the lights go out Wak will shift to Passive Nightvision.

He laughs at Will description on the beasties. As they are heading for port, Wak changes into his Naruni body armor, but keeps the same weapon load-out. He looks over the sploog ship, Hope that is just a coincidence. Our ship is tough and maybe we would have a slight chance out in the open ocean, but in here we would be dead meat. Before they disembark Wak says, "Yes, let's avoid the Sploogs as much as possible. We need to resupply and pick up some sweets for our stowaway! We should also try and offload some of this silver. I assume we would get a pretty good price here in vamp territory."

Wak listens to Will and Max grill Kai a little and then he chimes in, "Yea kid, what is your story? You an ex-deadboy or something else? What is the deal with the girl? You seem to know your way around a vamp?"

"Yea, let's get Flip where he needs to go!"
Wakiza
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 30/30
I.S.P.: 111/115
H.P.: 74/74
S.D.C.: 110/110
MDC from Psychic Body Field: 90/90 (Not Active)

Constant Effects
Advanced Combat Awareness
Sixth Sense (2)
Character is Very Difficult to See w/ Thermal (see Zen Combat, Naruni & Stalker armor)

Armor
NE-BA-26 Modified Special Body Armor
M.D.C. by Location
• Main Body: 90/90; Force Field: 75
• Helmet: 50; Arms: 40 each; • Legs: 50 each
• Masks Infrared & Thermal Emissions (Only 1-25% chance of showing up a thermal scan, even if deteced scan will be unclear)
• Kinetic Dampening & Cushioning System [1/2 Damage from Explosions, High Spd Impacts (rail guns, arrows, bullets)]
• 1/2 Damage from MD Fire/Heat/Plasma (Magic Included)
• Language Translator (American, Dragonese, Euro, French, Spanish, Techno-Can, Demongogian & Chinese)
• PPE Battery: 100 / 100

NG Stalker Suit (under clothes and armor) - 12/12 MDC
• Thermal detection systems suffer a penalty of -20% to the Read Sensory Equipment skill.

Cyber Armor Regenerates 1d6 mdc/hr
A.R.: 17, Main Body: 73, Upper Legs: 21 each, Forearms: 16 each, Shoulders: 14 each, Back/Shoulder Plate: 21 each

"If men make war in slavish obedience to rules, they will fail."

Some soldier name of Grant said this over 450 years ago

Soundtrack:
Blues Saraceno – Dogs of War
Man of Constant Sorrow
Nick Nolan - Life of Sin
Soul of a Man
User avatar
Wakiza
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 am
Location: Roughnecks PC

Next

Return to Adventure Archives: The Roughnecks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests