Expectations and Dedicated Feedback Thread

Merctown Armored Recon Services: A multipurpose small unit built around the idea of reconnaissance, infiltration, retrieval (of persons or items), and information and intelligence gathering.
GM: Sum of All Fears
AGM: Clear and Present Danger
#6 POST RATE

Moderators: Game Masters, Group Leaders

Expectations and Dedicated Feedback Thread

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun May 24, 2020 11:52 am

What you can expect from me as your GM:

--My style is to create a world for you the players to interact with. I want you guys to have fun above all else. Now with that, I do not fudge dice. There was a discussion last month in the GM chat about the GM's ability to fudge dice to help the narrative along. While I understand this may be the way some GMs work it is not how I work. If you guys blow through the big bad boss cool. I have had more players die to their own nat 1's then I have intentionally killed. Do keep in mind your firing lines and AOE potential Friendly Fire is real with me.

--At the minimum you can expect a GM post every Sunday. If for some reason I fail to meet this time hack i will let you all know via Hangouts.

--I love descriptive posts. I love reading your intentions and being to actually put my self in your character's shoes.

--I encourage discussion if something did not go the way you envisioned. This is PBP. I can only go by what is typed. But please lets keep these discussion as discussions, and give me the chance to explain how I perceived an action so we can come to a common understanding.

--Please include all abilities, active, and/or constant effects in an occ tag below your JIC rolls

Example:
Perception: 1d100 = 41/36%
JIC: 1d20 = 4;1d100 = 78

Active Effects
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Re: Expectations and Dedicated Feedback Thread

Postby Sum of All Fears » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Change to GM post days. Please read.

I am now in Korea and that is 16 hours ahead of PST time wise. If I continue to post on Sunday it will be late in the evening for me past 2000. So that would be very early in the morning on Sunday for you guys. Is this acceptable or would a different day be better for everyone? Please let me know what you think.
M.A.R.S. GM

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Tiree » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:53 pm

I post on the weekends as best I can. I try to post within 24 hours of your post. So if your game at an early post on Sunday I’m game.

But I can go either way. What other day works best for you?
Tiree
Admin

Postby Vera Morozov » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:25 pm

Post whenever works best for you. If it's late on Sunday for you, then cool. If it's some other day, then that's cool too.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!

M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 150/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 15/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

[ooc=M.D.C.]M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 150/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Giant-Sized Vibro-Blades: 1d4x10 M.D.; Range: Melee
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.

Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Twonjym » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:40 pm

I'm good with whatever, as long as its relatively consistent.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:40 am

As a reminder, due to my new schedule GM post will be dropping on Saturday, US time. The first post on this new schedule will be 10 October 2020.
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Return to M.A.R.S. (Independent, 2 Openings)