Sun Yi

This is where previously used character sheets are stored.
Resurrecting any character from this forum requires template validation/update, and total equipment restart.

Moderator: Augur

Sun Yi

Postby Sun Yi » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:19 am

Player name: Jaycey
YIM handle: jayreinhold@yahoo.com

Character Name: Sun Yi
Alias: None
Race: Human
O.C.C. Chun Tzu
Alignment: Unprincipled
XP Level: 4
XP Points: 16,356 [Lt Fuller 2015-10-01]
Next Level @ XP: 18300
[b] Sentiments/ Non-Humans:
All beings have their natural place in the universe. It seems that they have now been brought here.
Sentiments/ Coalition: I don’t know who these men are and have no interaction with them.
Disposition: Calm, smooth and totally unflappable when shit hits the fan. Very philosophical and can sometimes take too long to make a decision
Insanity: None, yet.

ATTRIBUTES
I.Q.: 15
M.E. 25
M.A. 12
P.S. 17
P.P. 18
P.E. 22
P.B. 10
Speed 13

PHYSICAL DATA
I.S.P. 110 (55 outside of China)
H.P. 44
S.D.C. 82
Sex: Male
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 145 pounds
Description: An average man in great condition has a long beard and a soft brown hair, has grey eyes and pale skin from his time in the underground

Natural Abilities
Perception bonus: +0
Charm/Impress: +0
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: +0
Max Lifting Weight: 95 pounds
Max Carrying Weight: 47.8 pounds
Max Jumping Ability: 8ft length 4ft high

Special Abilities
Healing-Tien Hsueh
    Healing Touch:
    Restore 4d6 H.P., 2d6+10 S.D.C., or 3d8 M.D.C
    Cure Illness/Infection/Fever/Coma 48% +4 chance of instant recovery
    Cybernetic Bio System Device Repair or Removal 48% (+4%)
    Duration: Instant
    ISP Cost: 6 points per act of healing

Tien-Hsueh Reversal
    The act of removing any touch used by a Tien-Hsueh user takes 2d6 melee rounds for every level of difference between the characters
    ISP cost: 5

One Finger Touch
    Does no damage but serves to channel any Tien-Hsueh attack
    Bonus: +4 to touch (+3 outside of Chi rich areas)

Neural Tien-Hsueh
    The ability to touch and paralyze different parts of the body. The attacker must declare which body part is to be paralyzed before the strike.
    Damage: none
    Effects: Automatically paralyzes the specified limb (victim cannot roll with punch they must parry with a weapon or dodge)
    Duration: 3D6 minutes (Half outside of Chi rich areas)
    ISP Cost: 8 per strike

Trained to Sense and Manipulate Chi:
    All S.D.C. weapons (excluding modern weapons) do M.D. even in areas very weak in Chi

O.C.C Skills
Calligraphy 60% (+5%)
Detect Ambush 60% (+5%)
Games Wei Qi 60% (+5%)
Imperial Bureaucracy & Administration 35% (+5%)
Land Navigation 58% (+4%)
Language: Chinese 99% (+1%)
Literacy: Chinese characters/ideogram 103% (+5%)
Literacy: Ancient & Classical Chinese 90% (+5%)
Lore: Chinese Classical Studies 80% (+5%)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 55% (+5%)
Paramedic 65% (+5%)
Meditation
Field Armorer Ancient Chinese Weapons 65% (+5%)
Demolitions 79% (+3%)
Trap/Mine Detection 45% (+5%)
Trap Construction 42% (+4%)
Radio: Basic 70% (+5%)
Calligraphic Forgery 40% (+5%)
Dickering 32% (+4%)
Boxing
Climbing 55%/45% (+5%)
Acupuncture 55% (+5%)
W.P. Chiang Zhu Spear
W.P. Sword
W.P. Knife
W.P. Siege Weapons
W.P. Chain
W.P. Staff
W.P. Archery
W.P. Targeting
W.P. Energy Rifle
W.P. Bolt Action Rifle

O.C.C Related Skills
Tracking (people) 50% (+5%)
Sniper
Intelligence 54% (+4%)
Language: American 55% (+5%) (2nd level)
Prowl 35% (+5%) (2nd level)
Piloting Hovercraft 50% +5% (4th level)
Read Sensory Equipment 30% +5% (4th level)

Secondary Skills
Swimming 65% (+5%)
Tea Appreciation 76% (+2%)
Fasting 66% (+4%)
Climbing (1st level)

Combat Data
HTH Type: Shao-Lin Kung Fu
Mystic HTH Type: Tien-Hsueh Kung Fu
Number of Attacks: 7
Initiative Bonus: +5
Strike Bonus (Shao-Lin): +8
Strike Bonus (Tien-Hsueh): +6 (+5 outside Chi rich areas)
Parry Bonus: +6
Dodge Bonus: +6
HTH Damage Bonus: +3
Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +6
Bonus to Pull a Punch: +8
Bonus to Disarm: +0
Bonus to Damage: +5
Critical Hit on 18+

HtH attacks
Dragon Power Punch 3d4
Tiger Kick 2d8
Leopard Hand Strike 2d4
Snake Snap Kick 1d10
Crane Elbow Strike 2d4
Back flip +1

Weapon Proficiencies
Aimed Shots: +5 to Strike Bonus (Costs 2 actions)
Called Shots +2 to Strike Bonus (at a range)
Called Aimed Shots +7 to Strike Bonus, 12+ required (3 actions)
W.P. Chiang Zhu Spear +2 Strike, +1 Parry, +2 M.D.
W.P. Siege Weapons +1 Strike
W.P. Chain +2 Strike +1 Parry
W.P. Staff +2 Strike, +1 Parry
W.P. Archery Rate of fire 3 per melee, +3 Strike, +1 Parry
W.P. Targeting +2 Strike
W.P. Energy Rifle +2 Strike
W.P. Bolt Action Rifle +2 Strike
W.P. Sword +2 Strike +1 Parry +1 Thrown
W.P. Knife +1 Parry +1 Strike

Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +10%
Magic (varies) : +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +3
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +3
Insanity (12+): +8
Psionics (varies): +5
Pain: +3
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +3
Last edited by Sun Yi on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:56 am, edited 18 times in total.
Sun Yi

Re: Sun Li (WIP)

Postby Sun Yi » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 am

Equipment

Paganis
Holy Weapon; Arming Sword
Damage: 3D6+6
Common Holy Weapon Abilities
1. Unusually tough; seldom break — it takes a lot to destroy one of these weapons and the blades rarely dull.
2. Made of ordinary metal but glow with a halo of energy that is white, yellow, red, or light blue; register as magic.
3. Adds +5% to all prayers to one's deity.
4. Its bonuses, doubled damage capacity and special powers will not work when used by creatures of magic, supernatural beings, undead or animated dead!
Holy Weapon Special Abilities
• Expel deevils, demons and entities: Ratio for success is 1-89% against lesser foes and 1-44% against greater demons/deevils. The expulsion is accomplished by raising the weapon over one's head for all to see. Many weapons can be thrown into the air, where it hangs suspended until the demons or deevils are expelled and then slowly drops back to earth. The power is basically the same as the banishment and exorcism spells combined.
• Monster Slayer: Inflicts normal S.D.C. damage +6 points to human or mortal foes, but does double damage to supernatural beings and creatures of magic (including dragons). On mega-damage worlds, that damage is mega-damage.
• Sense evil: The presence of evil is indicated by the weapon changing color, 20 foot radius. Usually turns red or black.
• True name (special); With each strike against a specific demon or deevil the blade gains a 2% chance of learning the infernal's true name. If successful the name will appear written on the blade in Dragonese/Elven characters. Players must be literate in Dragonese/Elven and make a successful skill roll to pronounce the name correctly. Once spoken (correctly or not) the letters disappear
History: Paganis is part of this long battle between good and evil, light and dark. Crafted in Toldeo, Spain around 1100 A.D. the short sword found its way into the hands of Hugues de Payens the first Grand Master of the Knights Templar. During the Crusades a side war waged, some would say the real war, the war of the forces of light versus the forces of darkness. The sword was blessed by the forces of light specifically to find and combat deevils and demons and passed through the Order of the Templar until they were dissolved in the 1300s. Since then the sword has passed from champion to champion. The wielder of the sword has always been beholden by the forces of light, to fight against evil and darkness whenever it rears it's ugly head.

Enchanted Chiang Zhu Spear
Rare Green Scarf Taoist Enchanted Chiang Zhu Spear
M.D.C.: 160
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Magic Features
• Evil Slayer: Does double damage to demons and supernatural evil creatures.
• Limited Teleportation
• • Target: Self only.
• • Range: up to one mile.
• • Success Ratio: 88%, if failed randomly shows up with in the one mile radius of the effect.
• Bonus: +3 disarm

Bone Sabre
Rare Enchanted Bone Chinese Sabre
M.D.C.: 100
Damage: 2D6 S.D.C. (M.D.C. to creatures vulnerable to bone weapons.)
Magic Features
• Precision Strike: +2 to strike.

Throwing Needles (6) (held in a Wrist Sheath)
  • Damage: 2D4 S.D.C. each
  • Range: Thrown

Green Scarf Sect Light Body Armor (Fully Environmental)
M.D.C. by Location:
• Helmet: 25
• Legs: 25 each
• Arms: 20 each
• Main Body: 40
• Modifiers: No movement penalties

Scarf of Protection
Green Scarf Taoist Enchanted Scarf
M.D.C.: 50
Magic Features
• Protective Field: provides 50 M.D.C.
• • Usable three times a day.

Worn on Person
Armor
Scarf
Light Fur Cape
Wrist Sheath

Utility Belt
Pouch of Tea ingredients enough for 10 batches of tea
Credit Card

Backpack
3 sets of clothes all can fit over his light armor (wearing one)
Has copies of The Art of War, The Five Secret Teachings, and a Biography of Wu Tzu all in Ziplock bags
Has an E-Book with copies of those three books.
Heavy Fur Cape

Credits
Secure Card 600 Credits
Unsecured NGMI Card: 7,375 (08 January 2014 - Venatus Vinco)
Unsecured Black Card: 6,250 (08 January 2014 - Venatus Vinco)
Non-Secure Black Card: 50,000 (08 January 2014 - Venatus Vinco)[/size]
Last edited by Sun Yi on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sun Yi

Re: Sun Li (WIP)

Postby Sun Yi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Excerpts from The Memoirs of Sun Yi

My name is Sun Yi, I was born in the city of Harbin in the most northeastern part of China. My parents were simple iron workers or so I was led to believe. My parents had a secret life they hid from me; they were part of an order known as the Scarlet Phoenix. The Scarlet Phoenix was a group dedicated to lifting the rule of the Yama kings from the blessed lands of China, they had agents all over the country, but the leaders were hidden safe inside of Geofront far from the reach of the Yama Kings. My parents started were my first teachers. They began the basic lessons of Shaolin Kung Fu when I was only a boy of five. ..

Sadly upon my fifteenth year the demon lord Fei Tieh found out about my parent’s secret connections and through that the rest of the Scarlet Phoenix network in Harbin. All known members were captured and transformed into the damned, where they were hung atop the iron walls of the city to forever be tortured by the burning heat of the cursed walls. I was captured as well, being the only child of a pair of Scarlet Phoenix members; the demon devised a special torment for me. I was forced to live in a set of tunnels called the Realm of the Famished, a bleak and twisted place of misery and hunger. It was there I attempted to survive. For the next four years I focused on honing my skills in the art of Shaolin Kung Fu…

My salvation came in the form of monks assaulting the city in an attempt to disrupt or break the rule of Chu Chiang. It was during this attack, that I was able to escape. The battle fared poorly for the monks who were forced to retreat or suffer death. I slipped from captivity following their escape from the city…

We fled from the city at a rushed pace and eventually made it to Mount Qian, the one sanctuary in China where the Yama Kings had no influence. It was during my time a Mount Qian, that I began training to be a Chun Tzu. I dreamed to be able to help lead the fight against the Yama Kings, the monks gave me that chance. During my training I was lead to my current quest, the destruction of the Mist. The Mist that prevents the Jade Emperor from correcting the natural order of the world, trapping him in his realm...

It is my belief that I must go outside of China to destroy the Mist. To escape China I began working with a Reforming Shen Wu. I have been able to open a portal to the outside world, to lands far from my home and as I step through this portal I mark the next stage in my life…
Sun Yi

Return to Character Archive