Adventure 5: The Old Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:17 am

Preparations
After some question and answer time with the Merchant’s Association representatives and Walcott the group gets ready to get underway. Such a monumental undertaking, and the involvement of government, means it takes way longer than necessary to get moving. Fortunately, this gives the mercenaries a chance to do their second favorite passtime - spend money.

The newly acquired barge proves especially useful for this mission allowing the team to move their container modules from the warehouse onto the barge deck, creating a mobile base. Sam’s machine shop, a multi-bed bunker, and kitchen dining area are all easily moded with room to spare for cargo purchased for re-sale in Centre - why should the merchant’s association be the only ones to make money off of this deal.

Sam doles out some money for the newcomers to gear up, while Rocky raids the storage area to lend them even more equipment. MARS is always prepared to blow up a space station on a moment’s notice afterall. Even Pieter lends a hand developing some specialized TW gear for the mission.

AGM
Please get all the details of money, gear, etc. sorted out. I truly despise spending my precious gaming time doing ticky-tack accounting


Go West
Big Picture Map
After working out the logistics of travel and escort, the group heads off for their first destination, Fort Comanche in the pre-Rifts state of Kansas. The first part of the trip is dicey as they head into the borderlands between the CS states of Arkansas and Missouri. Fortunately, luck is on their side and they manage to avoid any CS harassment. Crossing into the old state of Oklahoma greets the team with nothing but wilderness and flatlands. They manage to make good time, crossing the area in only a few days of travel before coming into Comanche territory. Patrols of horseback riders as well as modern day power armor units help keep the borders safe and the convoy is greeted warily. When they arrive at Fort Comanche they can see it is a fortified city with an eclectic mix of traditional and ultra modern buildings. A huge construction site dominates the outside of town. The foundation is being dug for a very large structure.

At the gates the convoy is met with suspicion and halted by the city militia and grilled hard about their presence. It takes Walcott a long time to gain access to the city. Anyone familiar with the city from the briefing (Common Knowledge) knows this is uncharacteristic. The group manages to settle in at a local hotel where Walcott gives the mercenaries a small assignment.

“Something’s a little off here. I’m going to try and broker some trades with the local elders. Why don’t you guys hit the streets and see if you can figure out what’s got them all spooked by outsiders.”

For The Accountants
4 days have passed since leaving MercTown.
You were able spend 26 total hours following various ley lines
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Game Master
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: GAME MASTER: P.A.S.

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:40 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 61

Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)

Departure
John loads his footlocker and bike onto the barge and does whatever is needed to get the caravan on its way. Just before the group sets off he gathers whomever is willing at the Collegiate Arcane and enchants them with Sustain (does not require food/drink/oxygen, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night, 18 day duration) and for each spellcaster creates an Energy Sphere (36 day duration, 600 PPE).

Fort Comanche
I remember stories of the gatherings, this doesn't seem like the town I was told about. The shifter watches Walcott's difficulty gaining entry into the fort pensively from the barge and agrees with her assessment when the group is settled at the hotel. "She's right," John says nodding. He feeds Sharak a few metal scraps from the palm of his hand as he talks. "The Fort hosts a gathering of the tribes every year. They aren't wild about outsiders but usually if you treat them with respect and honor their ways and the land you are treated with respect in return. I wonder if the Coalition has been encroaching on their territory. Chi-Town has had it's eye on Kansas for years. Any idea what they're building," John asks Beckett. When the bird has had its fill John launches him into the air saying, "Go my friend, explore."

Glancing at Miyitowin he says, "As one of the People they might open up to you more. In fact," he trails off as he begins to chant a spell. Waving his hands over his face it shifts and shimmers until a new native face with long black hair separated into two braids takes shape (Mask of Deceit, 15 PPE, 60 minute duration, save vs magic 17+ to pierce the illusion, BOM p. 113).

"How do you want to play this," Native-John asks Beckett and Rocky while he pulls on a pair of gloves to hide the fact that his hands didn't change skin tone along with his face.
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 39

Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)


Preparations
Ernst first finds a place to place his backpack, which at the moment are his only belongings. Not wanting to miss the an opportunity to participate in higher level magic, he takes John up on the offer to join him at the Collegiate Arcane.

Go West
Ernst had never been to Fort Comanche before. Only hearing the stories and rumors coming from the caravans. Ernst was eager to see if the west would live up to its name. On the ride out there, he felt like a kid in a candy shop, seeing some new landscape and some creatures for the first time. After the group enters the city and settles into the hotel, he watches John preform his magic before he talks to Miyitowin. 'To have his repatuar of spells sure would be nice. That is why I need to get experience first.' Seeing that those two might have a plan already starting, Ernst turns his attention to the other members of the group."Anyone been here before? This is my first time. Any suggestions on where to start looking first? This will give me a change to see some of the city as well." Almost cringing as he finished the last sentence.'I hope that didn't sound to inexperienced. I need to work on my confidence.'
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Perception: 1d20+7 = 10
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 43
Stat Tracker
MDC: 137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/ 48
Armor: • Helmet - 60• Arms - 42 each• Legs - 66 each• Main Body - 100• Armor of Ithan - 50
Conditions:



As the are travelling by barge, both Raga and Snapi find a place on the deck, with slightly softer cargo and sleep most of the way.

Arriving at Fort Commanche, Raga and Snapi rouse themselves and amble up to the conversation.

"How do you want to play this,"


'Well, they're just people ain't they? A hefty dose of Asgard Charm should do the trick." boasts Raga.

What's the big deal? Every town I've ever been to was terrified, and rightfully so! There's fecking monsters out there!

"Anyone been here before? This is my first time. Any suggestions on where to start looking first? This will give me a change to see some of the city as well."


"My first time as well! But the heart of every town is the tavern. We want to win the town over? Buy 'em a drink! And get one for me as well. Let's go and wet our beaks. My throat is parched from the dust of the road." And with that, assuming no one tackles him, Raga and his mule march off to find the pub. "To the Hootch House!"

Raga opens his third eye revealing details and aspects no ordinary eye could perceive.
Psionics
Sense Magic Dimensional Anomaly (4)
Mind's Eye (8)
Enhanced Perception (10)
See Invisible (4)

Looking like a single-minded dwarf with drink in his thoughts, Raga never-the-less is watching keenly out of the corner of his eyes for any signs of malfeasance.
Skills
Detect Ambush--70% / 1d100 = 72
Intelligence--48% / 1d100 = 50
Lore: Magic--55% / 1d100 = 26
Lore: Demons & Monsters--55%/ 1d100 = 26
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC d100: 1d100 = 55

Departure
Rocky spends the last night with Jennifer. He makes his goodbyes and promises to be safe.
He makes sure his items are loaded on the barge. The Jeep is ready to go carrying other items, and persons. Rocky busies himself with the setting up patrols, and keeping intouch with Samm on movements of others in the outlieing areas.

Go West
Fort Comanche

Rocky never got this far, he spent most of the time further south. He is fascinated by the Native Americans. When asked to check out the place Rocky agrees. "Sounds reasonable."

He dresses in the Bragham armor and coat, trying to blend in a bit more than the others. He heads to the watering hole and other places where people gather. He tries asking people and he seems interested in helping people with problems.

Streetwise― 1d100 = 3/ 68%
Invoke Trust 1d100 = 71 / 84%

He uses his Psionic Invisibility (10 ISP) acts like he is drunk and sleeping.
To get close to listen to people without alerting them.

He also heads to the local Law enforcement building and checks on bounties and ask them questions.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 78

Departure
After the meeting with the guild, she holds everyone back. "Okay team, we just got a good chunk of change. Pieter is going to stay back and run point on all things within MercTown, while we hit the road." She stands up, and starts to pace around the room. "I'll process the payment, and tomorrow you will all receive some funds to purchase any last minute items."

She looks at the two new recruits, "I am not sure what kind of deal you have with the Merchants Association. If you need some gear, we can see what we can do in getting some things set for you. Get a list together, we will see what we can do about getting them for this mission."

With the limited time she has, she starts preparing a list of items the team needs for the long journey.

Mission

For the next several days, Samantha reads up on anything and everything about the different places along the trip. Between maps, directions, and travel guides, which are far and few between. She will take the wheel on the Barge, letting Daphne fly ahead and scout the route ahead.

John wrote:"The Fort hosts a gathering of the tribes every year. They aren't wild about outsiders but usually if you treat them with respect and honor their ways and the land you are treated with respect in return. I wonder if the Coalition has been encroaching on their territory. Chi-Town has had it's eye on Kansas for years. Any idea what they're building,

Samantha also took some keen interest in what they were building Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 70 / 50%, "John, it's something fairly large. At this stage it can be pretty much anything from a Mecha factory, to a large box store. By placing it outside of the city gates, I expect they will either expand the wall around it, or it will have enough firepower to protect itself." She looks up from the screen, "That, or the people here really don't want it."

John wrote:"How do you want to play this."

"I think you are on the right track," Samantha starts off. "Rocky, I'd like you to do your thing. Pull in someone that you think can help. Raga, the bar sounds fine, use your own credits to buy drinks. Because we aren't paying you to drink, or have others drink on our dime." Her tone was terse with Raga, making sure he understood that she was not happy with the idea of him inebriating himself throughout the mission. "I'm going to head to their tech toybox also known as a Junkyard. Daphne, do you want to join me?"

OOC Comments
I am thinking of the following groups:
Junkyard/Salvage Yard: Samantha and Daphne
Streets and Police Station: Rocky and Victor
Pub Crawl: Raga and Ernstweavel
Blending in with the population: John and Miyo

If you have different suggestions, go with it.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:52 am

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 22 - NAT 20!!
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 11
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 39
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 21

Departure:

Miyitowin graciously accepts the help that John is able to offer her, thanking him politely. She is active in the time leading up to the departure learning as much as she can about where she is and where she is going. When told that the Colorado Baronies feature a large native population she brightens noticeably, though there is an edge of caution to it. The little blue sphere over her shoulder seems to weird her out at first, but she adapts and before long she doesn't even notice it. After picking up some basic supplies and working with Pieter and John, she's ready to go.

Go West, Young Man

As the hovercraft glides along, Miyitowin is incredibly cheerful and will make casual conversation with whomever will talk to her. She is happy to see the wide open plains, Oklahoma is about as close to the prairies as she can imagine. Her time is spent standing watch, volunteering for this as she is aware on a tech based vehicle she pretty much is the least useful member, sweeping and doing basic things as she is able. The party can tell two things right away about their new charge: One, she doesn't idle well. Miyitowin is always busy, always finding something to do even if it's the aforementioned sweeping the deck. Two, she doesn't seem to have an issue with the barge though most of her time is spent on deck out in the air, including sleeping. At night when the stars come out, she makes a point of viewing them as though they gave her comfort.

"At least they haven't changed." She thinks to herself.

Skill: Astronomy | Target: 62% | 1d100 = 88 | Fail

"Even if I can't tell where we are going to save my life."

She finds something else to occupy her thoughts with as that is not comforting at all.

The sight of the Commanche is cheering as well, and she's almost tempted to try speaking with them but if they can understand Cree at all it's probably a bit more of the southerly plains Cree.

So she waits, but seeing some people that look like her is heartening to say the least.

Later on, she stands on the barge's bow as it pulls into Fort Commanche, talking with John.

"Not bad at all." Miyitowin compliments him, searching for anything out of place or anything that might add to his appearance.

Skill: Lore: American Indians | Target: 47% | 1d100 = 69 | Fail

"I think that face suits you very well." A genuine smile to her face. "Whatever they are making it is.... big."

She is distracted momentarily by Raga, and for just a second looks amused, then back to John.

"Shall we go for a walk with our ears open and listen very carefully? Perhaps we might walk by that thing-to-be on the way? I wouldn't mind wandering by the local trading post as well, my chances are good to find some tools and things I need. People talk while they are doing business. Talk too much."

A gentle smile once again.

"One thing to keep in mind, though... My people and yours suffer from the same malady -- when there isn't anyone else to fight with, we fight with each other. We should be mindful of tribal affiliations and politics. I am Cree, from the North, and will still be an outsider here."

Her eyes are wide open, looking for anything of note.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Victor Granovsky » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:47 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 20 (+3 to recognize agents)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 73


After some question and answer time with the Merchant’s Association representatives and Walcott the group gets ready to get underway. Such a monumental undertaking, and the involvement of government, means it takes way longer than necessary to get moving. Fortunately, this gives the mercenaries a chance to do their second favorite passtime - spend money.

The newly acquired barge proves especially useful for this mission allowing the team to move their container modules from the warehouse onto the barge deck, creating a mobile base. Sam’s machine shop, a multi-bed bunker, and kitchen dining area are all easily moded with room to spare for cargo purchased for re-sale in Centre - why should the merchant’s association be the only ones to make money off of this deal.

Sam doles out some money for the newcomers to gear up, while Rocky raids the storage area to lend them even more equipment. MARS is always prepared to blow up a space station on a moment’s notice afterall. Even Pieter lends a hand developing some specialized TW gear for the mission.


She looks at the two new recruits, "I am not sure what kind of deal you have with the Merchants Association. If you need some gear, we can see what we can do in getting some things set for you. Get a list together, we will see what we can do about getting them for this mission."


Preparations

Victor stays mostly out of the way of things being prepared for the journey, his mind on other thoughts as he watches this world work. At least, not until Beckett directs her attention to him during their group meet before getting started. After a moment's thought, he smiles. "The agreement was payment later - hundred 'k' of credits minus whatever we decide to loan out early for gear and the like." His smile shifts to more of a smirk as he eyes the woman. "Certainly not what I'm used to. Where I come from, we were paid and our equipment budget was entirely separate. Though our purchases were screened." He taps his chin in thought. "I'm not sure which why I prefer. I suppose experience is key, here."

WIth that, he gives her a soft, almost sad smile, straightening his collar and wiping down his shirt pocket as he speaks, "As for what I need... I'm afraid a full resupply is in order. Although my gear is high-tech where I hail from, here I have found it is rather..." He mulls it over for a second, "Sub-standard, to say the least. I appreciate the concern, but I'm prepared to pay out of my future self's pocket for what I need, should it be too much." Still, he holds up a finger. "As for a list... The basics are simple enough. Armor and weapon, preferably a pistol. Silenced or suppressed, if that is still an option in this day and age. If you wish for something more formal, I'm sure I can bury you in paperwork by tomorrow. I'm quite used to red tape."

With that, he nods politely, indicating his side of the conversation is over, at least for the moment.

If he is needed to, he will prepare a list for Beckett of requests and purchase what he needs and is not provided for, as well as modify his clothing set to, aside from his tux, blend in much better with the group surrounding him.

John loads his footlocker and bike onto the barge and does whatever is needed to get the caravan on its way. Just before the group sets off he gathers whomever is willing at the Collegiate Arcane and enchants them with Sustain (does not require food/drink/oxygen, only needs 2 hours of sleep per night, 18 day duration) and for each spellcaster creates an Energy Sphere (36 day duration, 600 PPE).


Curious as to this, he will agree and join in on the Sustain enchantment.

----------

Preparations Rolls

To help figure out what is best to buy and the quality of items by asking around: Intelligence: 1d100 = 27 / 60% - Passed!
To recognize the quality of any chance weapons for sale: Recognize Weapon Quality: 1d100 = 15 / 35% - Passed!


Fort Comanche

After working out the logistics of travel and escort, the group heads off for their first destination, Fort Comanche in the pre-Rifts state of Kansas. The first part of the trip is dicey as they head into the borderlands between the CS states of Arkansas and Missouri. Fortunately, luck is on their side and they manage to avoid any CS harassment. Crossing into the old state of Oklahoma greets the team with nothing but wilderness and flatlands. They manage to make good time, crossing the area in only a few days of travel before coming into Comanche territory. Patrols of horseback riders as well as modern day power armor units help keep the borders safe and the convoy is greeted warily. When they arrive at Fort Comanche they can see it is a fortified city with an eclectic mix of traditional and ultra modern buildings. A huge construction site dominates the outside of town. The foundation is being dug for a very large structure.

At the gates the convoy is met with suspicion and halted by the city militia and grilled hard about their presence. It takes Walcott a long time to gain access to the city. Anyone familiar with the city from the briefing (Common Knowledge) knows this is uncharacteristic. The group manages to settle in at a local hotel where Walcott gives the mercenaries a small assignment.

“Something’s a little off here. I’m going to try and broker some trades with the local elders. Why don’t you guys hit the streets and see if you can figure out what’s got them all spooked by outsiders.”


Rocky never got this far, he spent most of the time further south. He is fascinated by the Native Americans. When asked to check out the place Rocky agrees. "Sounds reasonable."

He dresses in the Bragham armor and coat, trying to blend in a bit more than the others. He heads to the watering hole and other places where people gather. He tries asking people and he seems interested in helping people with problems.

He uses his Psionic Invisibility (10 ISP) acts like he is drunk and sleeping.
To get close to listen to people without alerting them.

He also heads to the local Law enforcement building and checks on bounties and ask them questions.


"I think you are on the right track," Samantha starts off. "Rocky, I'd like you to do your thing. Pull in someone that you think can help..."

OOC Comments
Streets and Police Station: Rocky and Victor


Victor remains quiet as the others express their interest and intent to find things out, and generally avoids drawing too much attention to himself, although he will nod to Rocky and head out along with him, changing clothes into something more ragged, taking a relatively short while to get himself prepared. He will work alongside Rocky to gather information while remaining discreet.

----------

Rolls

To gather information: Intelligence: 1d100 = 12 / 60% - Passed!
To gather information: Streetwise: 1d100 = 5 / 42% - Passed!
To help provide trust for his persona: Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 68 / 35% - Failed!
Victor Granovsky - The James Bond Wannabe

Status
HP: 27 / 27
Personal SDC: 106 / 106

FAS Tier 3
AR: 16
SDC: 200 / 200
User avatar
Victor Granovsky
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 11
Conditions: None.

Beckett wrote:"I'm going to head to their tech toybox also known as a Junkyard. Daphne, do you want to join me?"


Daphne looks up from her place on the Barge. "Yeah sure boss, let's go. Maybe they'll have some industrial magnetic clamps for mounting that Rail Gun to the rig." Daphne says as she hops down from the barge, her lack of height more obvious with the large vehicle behind her. Daphne saunters over while affixing her helmet to her utility belt. "So are you looking for anything in particular or is this a more perusal kind of visit?" Daphne asks Beckett with a tone of curiosity. She's definitely a more experienced engineer than I am, and a alien to boot... well a Dimensional Human. Who knows what she could be planning.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:46 pm

((rolls carried over))

"Yeah, we can get something like that." She starts walking away from the barge. "Looking for something in particular, yes I am," she smiles wryly. "We are going to a place where people like to talk tech." Samantha stops and turns to Daphne and stares right at her, "And we are girls." She lets that sink in for a moment before continuing. "Guys will talk about a lot of things, and you just have to listen. Ask a question or two, like what are they building outside of town? What's going on, and what's happened here recently?"

As she walks with Daphne, Samantha's doubts start to creep in, I hope this works out...
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:06 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Daphne nods. "Oh information from boys... Not a problem, though I don't know about the Native boys. They may not be super interested in the fact we're woman... mostly because we're white. But it's definitely worth a try. Worst case we talk shop and they like that." Daphne says chipperly. "Hopefully someone is willing to spill the beans on what's going on here."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:12 pm

>>Rolss carries over<<

Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)

Raga Grimcrow wrote:"My first time as well! But the heart of every town is the tavern. We want to win the town over? Buy 'em a drink! And get one for me as well. Let's go and wet our beaks. My throat is parched from the dust of the road." And with that, assuming no one tackles him, Raga and his mule march off to find the pub. "To the Hootch House!"


Ernst was glad to hear that he was not the only newcomer to the town. He never cared to be an outlier. Just average suited him just fine. His spirt rose when Raga suggested drinks. "Drinks!" Bursting in with enthusiasm. Followed by an awkward pause. Ernst just about receded his out burst when Samantha voiced her opinions on the matter but he had already started and definitely could use a drink after the dusty trip."That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll get the first round. I think you and I are going to get along just great"

On the way with Raga, Ernst keeps a watchful eye out for anything that might seem out of place. (I.D. Undercover Agent 1d100 = 89 / 30%) He tries not to make it obvious but he fears he might stick out like a fox in a hen house. 'Better make the best of it.' At least the smile that he had was genuine, for once. Ernst never had a lot of friends. The feeling he had with this group was new and exciting. 'Focus' He told himself, knowing that he had job to do and it need his attention. There would be time later for daydreaming and reminiscing.
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Miyitowin wrote:"Shall we go for a walk with our ears open and listen very carefully? Perhaps we might walk by that thing-to-be on the way? I wouldn't mind wandering by the local trading post as well, my chances are good to find some tools and things I need. People talk while they are doing business. Talk too much."

A gentle smile once again.

"One thing to keep in mind, though... My people and yours suffer from the same malady -- when there isn't anyone else to fight with, we fight with each other. We should be mindful of tribal affiliations and politics. I am Cree, from the North, and will still be an outsider here."
"Leaders more than people," John says. He leaves his energy sphere and most of his equipment behind with the barge but keeps his radio and earpiece with him. Thus prepared he sets off with Miyo, letting her decide what stores they visit. "People mainly just want to live their lives in peace," he says as they walk, "it's the leaders that get envious about what others have." If he encounters a language he doesn't know he'll cast Tongues in order to be able to listen in.

Occasionally he mentally checks in with Sharak and spends a few moments looking over the town through the bird's eyes.

Anthropology 75%, study the town and its people, get a sense of the place: 1d100 = 98
Intelligence 57%, try to pick up on clues about what's going on: 1d100 = 86
Performance 72%, play his part: 1d100 = 19
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 am

<< Rolls are Carried -- Running on a Natural 20 Perception>>

"Mmmhmm."

Miyitowin wanders alongside of John, keeping her eyes moving and yet consciously refraining from seeming to be too curious.

At least, that's what she's going for.

Quiet for a moment to think, she ends up making an observation; voice kept quiet to not carry past their own conversation.

"I think we as people are fundamentally flawed. Not just the leadership, one need only look at the behavior of groups of people."

Her gentle smile retreats when she gets her thought across as it's not a nice one.

"Membership to groups is by definition exclusive. People want to group themselves and other people by nature. We are from the community of Billings for example. It is a slippery slope that becomes, people from Billings are best, and 'we're Billings people, you are from somewhere else and don't belong' and so on. Worse, this tendency to artificially make groups isn't limited to geography. Faith, preferences of who someone chooses to lie with, even interests and hobbies are used to exclude others and justify calling them inferior."

One foot in front of the other.

"Leaders just enable the behavior, but it's there from the deepest fibre of who we are. We are selfish as a species. It is most unfortunate."

Thought complete, she perks up.

"May we wander by the trading post first? I'd like to see if I can find a drum and some traditional dress. I don't much like these clothes and perhaps we can blend in a little better?"


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Junkyard Dogs (Samantha and Daphne)
Fort Comanche doesn’t have a scrap yard like one would find in MercTown or other big trading hubs. However, the construction site does have a big yard full of building supplies, widgets, vehicle parts and other things. Whether or not anything is for sale is not certain but no doubt way out here they probably were looking to trade for something.

Walking by the dig site a huge sign answers the first question.
Future Home of U-Mart
A subsidiary of Bandito Arms

Approaching the yard they notice that the equipment is lying idle. No one is working. A pair of guards wearing Sheriff's Deputies badges are standing at the gate.

“Afternoon ladies, something we can help you with?”

The Mean Streets (Rocky and Victor)
The streets are pretty full, particularly with construction workers and other tradespeople. They seem to be teeming in and out of bars, shops, restaurants, and gambling areas. Local deputies and fellow with a Sherrif’s badge seem to have their hands full breaking up a big drunken brawl between the workers and some traditionally dressed native warriors - the drunks are losing badly causing more of them to pile into the fray.

Pub Crawl (Raga and Ernstweavel)
Moving through the mob and brawl, the unlikely pair enters the bar, which is in full swing despite it being the middle of the afternoon. Large groups of burly men and women with rough hands, and rougher language, fills a larger number of tables and sit at the bar. Raga is happy to notice there’s even a few dwarves among their kind...no doubt connected to the building project outside.

For his part, Ernstweavel cannot see anyone out of the ordinary. It looks like a rowdy drunk blue collar bar. Which is somewhat strange for being in a Native American town.

Soap Boxing (John and Miyo)
As the pair move throughout the streets they notice a large group of locals heading towards the outskirts of town. As they blend in and follow along they come to an open place with many traditional symbols where a crowd has formed. A young man dressed in traditional garb (Miyo recognizes him as a shaman) is giving a soap box speech to a very roused audience.

Image

“Friends, what has befallen our people is our own fault. We dig in the places of our ancestors and upset our grandfathers and grandmothers. More and more tragedy will befall us unless we return to the old ways.” From his elevated position the shaman spots Miho. He seems to key up on her and John, no doubt sensing their mystic abilities. He calls out to them, “Strangers who like like friends. You seem to know the ways of the spirits and see the world outside our walls. No doubt trusting in the spirits is better than trusting in the machines of men?”
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Game Master
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: GAME MASTER: P.A.S.

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 12

Conditions: Mask of Deceit (60 minute duration -?, save vs magic 17+ to pierce the illusion, BOM p. 113), Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE, left at barge along with equipment except radio)

John smiles encouragingly at Miyo and subtly inclines his head towards the shaman while he slips away from her and further into the crowd (although not so far that he couldn't respond quickly if he needed to). His eyes flit between the shaman and the symbols as he tries to decipher the meanings and history behind them. Searching the crowd for hopefully an older woman or someone else that looks like they might be inclined to listen and watch the goings on in the Fort he sidles up to them and murmurs in a quiet but respectful tone, "Excuse me [elder, or whatever is appropriate], do you know what he's talking about? What has befallen the People here?" (Charm 90%: 1d100 = 44)

Analyzing the shaman, his garb, and the symbols. History 125%: 1d100 = 61
Ditto. Lore: Mythology 97%: 1d100 = 16
Ditto. Lore: Religion 92%: 1d100 = 68
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 5
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 12
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 23
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 18

Miyitowin catches the look and inclines her head in return to show that she's caught the idea.

She drifts away from him, approaching the Shaman; attempting to discern what sort of Shaman he is.

If he is an elemental shaman, she should know instantly, but the others? That may take some doing and figuring.

Skill Roll | Lore: American Indians | Target: 47 | 1d100 = 6 | Pass
Skill Roll | Lore: Magic | Target: 27 | 1d100 = 27 | Pass

She lacks John's charm for sure, and so she tries the straight up honest approach.

It's always worked well for her so far in her limited memory.

She takes her place on the outskirts of the crowd; crossing her arms while she weighs her response.

I ought to answer carefully. Miyo thinks to herself. There are many of them and the wrong word may spark a fire and make them act. Too little support and they will turn against me, too much and I may push my new companions away.

"The old ways are best." Miyitowin says, just loud enough to carry. "Too much of the new and it is like too much drink, your words to the spirits become incomprehensible and they hear only your disrespect."

She looks the man over, taking in his arrows, the gunstock war club he carries, looking to see what she can figure out about his beliefs.

Then she clears her throat and speaks up some more.

"I am sorry, I am a visitor from far to the North." Well, that's not quite true. Is it? It is as a truth as I know. I /was/ from the North of here.

"What has happened? What is to be done?"

She is completely straightforward and honest about wanting to know, curiosity and concern in her face and her eyes genuine.

She watches the man carefully, attempting to discern the honesty of his answer.

While she waits, she looks the crowd over as well. What kinds of people are they? What are their trades, are they workers (blue collar vs white collar types, traditional or pure ones or not) or seem to be educated people?
Last edited by Miyitowin on Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:40 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 54
Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)

As Ernst walks through the door with Raga, the smell of booze and pungent body order fill his senses to the brim. He glances around for a quick survey and even checks the corners. Making sure thay don't get into a scuffle, like the one they just passed on the way here. 'A little paranoia goes a long way. Got to make sure I don't give in too much.'
Anthropology: 1d100 = 28 / 50 -To notice any special greeting or gesture from the locals.
I.D. Undercover Agents: 1d100 = 40 / 30 to make sure I am not being followed.

After Ernst and Raga spot the other dwarves in the tavern, Ernst smiles as he sees it as a good omen. He leans towards Raga, with a half concocted plan in mind. "I see some of your kin are even here. How about as I go and get the first round, maybe you could go and talk with them. See if they got any information that might help us. I see if I can scrounge up something from the bar keep. Unless you prefer some other route to take. Oh, I just remembered I don't even know your drink of choice. What's your pleasure?"
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 81

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 37 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 14 / 40%
Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 34 / 95%
Barter -- 1d100 = 37 / 65%


Sheriff's Deputies wrote:“Afternoon ladies, something we can help you with?”

Samantha smiles wide as she greets the two deputies, "Hello Officers!" She holds a big bright smile, and starts to state her business. "We just came into town, we like to stop by and meet with the local Operator." She tries to make sure she's not too overly cheery, but enough to show her honest interest in all things mechanical. "They usually have the best items to trade for."

She lets the officers to respond to her statement, before she asks the question that piqued her interest here outside of town... U-Mart, and the idle vehicles. "What's up with the construction? Archeological dig? Looking for Dinosaurs?" After talking with Beanpole for quite some time back at AAPS's base, and when she met up with him again. Samantha found out that this world didn't value education as the UEEF did. Albeit some of the higher ups in the Army of the Southern Cross would have appreciated the lack of knowledge and education the Coalition had been able to accomplish with their people.

Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 87 / 55%
Mathematics: Advanced -- 1d100 = 9 / 100%

As she makes her comments she eyes the construction site a bit more closely than she was able to do from the boat. This is a pretty big facility, her mind starts to tabulate dimensions of the construction site. Noting any structural elements that would denote purpose or something that could possibly be used to siege Fort Comanche. "Any reason why it's outside the city walls?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 5
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 44

Rocky is out on the Street with Victor looking for answers. “Boy did we step into a bad situation.”
“Looks like the Sheriffs are having a difficult time. Keep an eye open. We might need to help both sides to calm down.”

As the fights seem to become increasingly more violent Rocky looks at Victor, “Looks like we should help the Sheriff calm things down. Let’s ask them first.”

Rocky goes over to some one that looks like he is authority, “Hey, My name is Rocky we just got into town. looks like you got your hands full, can we help you to stop this?”

Assuming the answer is yes Rocky tries to calm things down, “Pulling a gun would do no good here. We need to try a different approach.”

Rocky tries radiating his nature and walks amog the fighters, “Calm down, stop fighting, this is getting you nowhere, give peace a chance.”
Radiate Nature
☞ Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
Invoke Trust 1d100 = 15 / 84%

If things get worst he ask the sheriffs if they want a smoke grenade. “These things usually stop a lot of the fighting and people will disperse. just let them know the smoke will go off, it helps the Intelegent ones move away. Oh, and gas mask might help.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20
Just in Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 9
Conditions: None.

Daphne looks to the half-built edifice. Gonna be a big shop of some sort. At the view of the sheriffs deputies Daphne stops in her tracks. Wonder what is going on here." Daphne thinks as Sam starts talking to them. "Yeah I was hoping to find some industrial magnetic clamps." Daphne says hoping it diffuses the situation a little. Not that we're doing anything wrong.

Daphne looks to Sam. "Something is up here for sure." Daphne says quietly.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 1d20+4 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 /1d100 = 70
MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:
Skills
Trying to remember local geography so he has something to talk about:
Land Navigation--62% /1d100 = 10
Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100 = 92
Detect Ambush--60%/1d100 = 55


Spotting the dwarves, Raga figures it's his best bet to get some info on the scene.

Ah, bugger I'll have to talk. Time to turn the charm on, old boy.

Ha! Your about as charming as your Ass.

Shut up, you! Raga silences his inner critics just in time to avoid bumping the mixed group's table.

"Heyo, what's this? Cousins in Commanche?! Well met brother dwarves!

The Megaverse is but a beard's breadth after all!!"


Raga squeezes himself into a spot at the table without waiting to be invited.

"How goes the work in Fort Commanche? Well? What do they have you toiling on then? Tunneling? Roadwork? Building? Excavation? Eh? Prospecting? Mining?"

Raga will continue to list every trade dwarves are commonly known to ply unless someone speaks up.

"Bridge-work, is it? Iron? Smelting? Surveying? Construction? Hmm, could be industrial work... Gold!?! It's not gold is it? Hmm, could be gold."
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:30 pm

Junkyard Dogs (Samantha and Daphne)
The officers don’t seem to know much about industrial magnetic clamps or operators, “We don’t have much in the way of technological types. Although the crew of dwarves who works this site might be willing to trade. They’re all down at the saloon right now, since work has been halted.” He pauses and his voice gets low and conspiratorial, “This was supposed to be a U-Mart. It’s outside the walls to try and appease the traditionalists who don’t like technology, but they still ain’t happy. Been lots of protests, public meetings, and a few scuffles. But the other day, two dead dwarves show up in the site. Black feathers in their mouths. The trads say it’s a bad omen and the dwarves accuse them of sabotage. It’s a real mess.”

The Mean Streets (Rocky and Victor)
The overwhelmed sheriff looks at Rocky as if to say, Whatever buddy I’ll take what I can get. Walking into the fray the psychic begins to radiate peace and calm. Suddenly the brawl begins to die down and people slowly begin to disperse.

“Color me impressed,” says the sheriff. “Although I reckon this isn’t the last fight we’ll break up. Tensions are running high right now and I can’t be investigating two murders and playing militiaman in the streets. It’s getting out of hand.”

OOC Comments
If you ask about the murders he will share the same info as Daphne and Sam got above.


Pub Crawl (Raga and Ernstweavel)
WHile making small talk with Raga, Ernstweavel scans the room again, but doesn’t noticed anyone who might be watching them. Ignoring the Ley Line Walker, Raga saddles up to the group of dwarves and begins talking to them as if they were long lost friends. Hi gruff nature, and their intoxicated state, seems to work as a few of them chatter on.

“Not gold, but blood!” One of them exclaims, and all the others agree loudly. “We came down here to work on a contract for Bandito. Building a fine building, we’re architects, engineers, and builders from the Baronies. But no there’s been two murders on the site, two of my crew mind you, and the work has halted. We’re sitting idle unable to do the job and a killer walks free.” The table bursts into raucous talk before the foreman gets his voice back from swallowing beer, “It’s them trads. Say it’s evil spirits. But I bet one of them is up to it to stop the deal.”

Soap Boxing (John and Miyo)
Both Miho and John are able to surmise this is a shaman, not an elementalist but someone who relies on the spirits and totems for power. Regardless, he seems very pleased by Miho’s response and John’s inquiry. Putting on a bit of a show for the crowd he recounts the tale of the old versus new.

“Our elders on the band council have agreed to the construction of a new store outside the fort. They say it will bring trade and prosperity, but our grandmothers and grandfathers say trusting in modern technology will lead us down the path of destruction, like it did to the people of the Golden Age.” Many murmurs of agreement go up from the crowd at this short summary, “Now, since construction has begun in earnest, members of the crew having been dying. Left at the site with crow feathers in their mouths. It is a sign from the spirits to abandon the project!” The crowd bursts into angry agreement at the notion of stopping the project.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Game Master
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: GAME MASTER: P.A.S.

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC d100: 1d100 = 54

Rocky is glad that things worked out for all. He knows the sheriff and deputies are going to have a tough few days.

“Color me impressed,” says the sheriff. “Although I reckon this isn’t the last fight we’ll break up. Tensions are running high right now and I can’t be investigating two murders and playing militiaman in the streets. It’s getting out of hand.”


Rocky looks at the Sheriff and then speaks, “The name is Rocky, and this here is Victor. We arrived here with the Trade Delegation from Merctown. You said two Murders, maybe we can help in that area too. We have specialist in several areas. If you want to tell us more you can. Want to make sure we have permission to investigate? Don’t need to step on anyone’s toes."

After the Sheriff tells him about the two Dwarfs, Rocky comments, “Taking out two dwarfs no matter if they are drunk is pretty tough. Sometimes I think they get tougher with the more they drink.”

"Hey Victor lets see if we can get a meal and some drinks." Rocky will head to the nearest bar, pub, or inn.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 5
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 19
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 28
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 6

Miyitowin glances sidelong to see where John is before she replies to the Shaman.

It's always a good thing to know where your friends are in a crowd.

She thinks for a second too; careful not to look disinterested while she decides exactly what this all means to her.

Skill Roll | Lore: Native American | Target: 47% | 1d100 = 6 | Success!

What do crow feathers remind her of? Especially displayed in that way? There are so many things it could mean and if only she can think of the right bit of story maybe she can come up with something.

She steps forward more yet; attempting to channel the appearance of someone who knows almost-but-not quite enough: Almost enough to still be wise enough to be respectful, and yet not blatantly lying with her next question:
Ability: Trust/Intimidate | Target: 45% | 1d100 = 22 | Success!
Ability: Charm/Impress | Target: 40% | 1d100 = 25 | Success!

"But, Shaman, what does it /mean/?" She keeps her head low, respectfully eyeing the man's boots while attempting to lead the crowd. "Of course it's a sign, but what does it mean? It's been so long since I've heard my lessons, and grandfather crow is such a sacred spirit, remind me of what the sign means?"

She works the crowd, trying to gauge the shaman's response with the crowds if he answers her to see if it seems far fetched or believable.

"What kind of store? Not just for food and supplies? What is this company that has come to our land been doing?"

If she's been 'in' so far, she might as well try and lead the crowd and the shaman some more.

If she's lucky, perhaps she might have intimidated, made trust her, charmed or impressed either him or someone in the crowd that she gets more detail.

"It sounds like they have died muchly so far, to invoke death the spirits must be very angry, what have they done, their punishment must be just -- the spirits are never wrong -- but they must have done a horrible thing. It must have such value to them too, that they persist -- all of this death and still they build. Why are they so desperate to build it?"

A small smile closes her speech, as gentle of one as she can manage, hoping she came across the right way -- someone who needs these things explained because she wants to know to support it. The reality is, she just wants to know.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 93
Conditions: None.

Venatus Vinco wrote:Junkyard Dogs (Samantha and Daphne)
The officers don’t seem to know much about industrial magnetic clamps or operators, “We don’t have much in the way of technological types. Although the crew of dwarves who works this site might be willing to trade. They’re all down at the saloon right now, since work has been halted.” He pauses and his voice gets low and conspiratorial, “This was supposed to be a U-Mart. It’s outside the walls to try and appease the traditionalists who don’t like technology, but they still ain’t happy. Been lots of protests, public meetings, and a few scuffles. But the other day, two dead dwarves show up in the site. Black feathers in their mouths. The trads say it’s a bad omen and the dwarves accuse them of sabotage. It’s a real mess.”


Daphne looks a little shocked and confused at the situation. "That's a shame that people died. Is it common for the Traditionalists to get so up in arms that they become violent? I personally have no knowledge of that happening, but most of what I know of the people is from my late father." Daphne askswith a hint of curiosity. Daphne turns to Sam. "So do we head to the bar and see what is going on or something else. The whole black feather in the mouth thing seems very specific." Daphne says to Sam before looking thoughtfully. "Maybe Miho would know something about that."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 1

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 29/ 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 28/ 40%
Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 69/ 95%
Barter -- 1d100 = 59/ 65%


"Wow, a U-Mart?" Samantha is shocked and confused at the same time. What's a U-Mart? Sounds like some sort of shopping center... I better ask Daphne later.. As the conversation starts to turn conspiratory, "So, there is an uproar over the deaths of some dwarves?" Samantha does refrain from calling it murder, even though she can't help but think that due to the feather's stuffed in their mouths. "That is very creepy."

"So what do you think happened here?" she asks the two security guards. "Anti-tech group wanting to keep the site pure? Or did they piss someone off?

When Daphne asks her question directly to Samantha, she shakes her head and whispers. "Yes I think so. Dwarves might have something to trade."

When they are back on their way, Samantha changes the plan with Daphne and speaks in a quiet tone, "I think we should offer our services to see if we can figure out what is going on here. It would spread some good will with the Merchant Association and Fort Comanche. Let's head back to the barge to talk to our representative. See how long they want to stay here, and if they want us to interfere in an internal manner. Even though everything inside me is screaming to help out."
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 16
Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)

Ernstweavel felt a bit dumb founded and a little insulted when Raga blatantly ignored him. Standing for a moment, contemplating on what his next course of action should be. Many options came to mind and few of them even manageable but in the end Ernstweavel decided on buying drinks. He is a man of his word and besides he doesn't want to draw too much attention. Slowing making his way to the front bar, so he can keep an eye on the entourage of dwarves. When he reaches the bar, be stands in away so he can still pay attention to Raga and the bartender. "I would like two of your locals finest, please. Have you heard anything about these murders at the constuction site? Any word from the officials about it?

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 61 / 30% - Knowing that barteners usually have gossip and local news.
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 am

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 1d20+4 = 24 + 3 CRIT!!!
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 /1d100 = 57
MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions: Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4)
(at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember local geography so he has something to talk about:
Land Navigation--62% / 1d100 = 69 FAIL
Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% / 1d100 = 14 +10% PASS
Detect Ambush--60% / 1d100 = 99 +10% FAIL


Raga keeps trying to get info from the Dwarves but as usual his wires have gotten crossed. He finally processes a comment made some time ago, but he reacts as if it was happening now standing up and turning to his team mate...

Ernstweavel wrote:After Ernst and Raga spot the other dwarves in the tavern, Ernst smiles as he sees it as a good omen. He leans towards Raga, with a half concocted plan in mind. "I see some of your kin are even here. How about as I go and get the first round, maybe you could go and talk with them. See if they got any information that might help us. I see if I can scrounge up something from the bar keep. Unless you prefer some other route to take. Oh, I just remembered I don't even know your drink of choice. What's your pleasure?"


"GOOD IDEA!!! I'LL CHAT 'EM UP AND SEE WHAT I CAN GET OUT OF THE MONGREL BUGGERS! THEY'RE BUT SIMPLE BUILDERS AFTER ALL; SHOULDN'T BE HARD! AND YEAH, SURE I'LL HAVE A DRINK. WOULDN'T MIND, ME THROATS CAKED IN DUST FROM THE ROAD! ALE IS MY DRINK OF CHOICE! I'M A STRONG ALE FAN! STRONG ALE, FOR ME, YUP!!

Raga immediately turns back to the table as if the previous outburst had never happened. "So tell me, what do you fellows think? I've encountered the Longhouse Preserve & Iroquois League in the Eastern forests and trads or not, outright murder seems too far for them. Why two dwarves? Is your whole crew of good Dwarf stock, such as yourselves?And where were they exactly? Doing what?"

For many moments, Raga does nothing but blink as he waits for a response. What? What are they staring at? What's wrong? Is there something caught in my beard?

Worrying his natural charm won't cut it, Raga decides to engage his Third Eye:

Enhanced Perception (10) (bonuses) Telepathy (4)

Enhanced Perception
Range: Self.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 10
This incredible psionic power augments the psychic's physical senses, enhancing his perception. This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks
Telepathy
Range: 60'
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 4
By focusing on an unsuspecting individual Telepathy allows the psychic to eavesdrop on their surface thoughts.
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 78

Conditions: Mask of Deceit (60 minute duration -?, save vs magic 17+ to pierce the illusion, BOM p. 113), Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE, left at barge along with equipment except radio)

Good question, John muses as Miho asks why the project continues if it's gone so badly, why indeed. He continues to smile encouragingly at her, You're doing fine so far. Mentally to Sharak he says, "Fly over the construction site but stay high. I think Sam and Daphne were going there, they can give me the ground level detail but I want to see this site through your eyes." As he waits for the bird to get into position he considers the matter of the feathers then finally speaks to the group at large trying to defuse the anger in the crowd. "What do you want to do then? If the spirits are causing this company to suffer and they refuse to read the signs then woe unto them. The spirits are powerful. The problem is being handled." (Invoke Trust 80%: 1d100 = 53, Public Speaking 65%: 1d100 = 47)

What is the meaning of the feathers? Lore: Mythology 97%: 1d100 = 39
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 am

Junkyard Dogs (Samantha and Daphne)
After pressing a few follow-up questions, the two women don’t get much more information. The two deputies are on guard duty for a reason, they’re no investigators but more like muscle for breaking up brawls and domestic disputes. Their opinion is that traditionalists normally aren’t violent, but do dislike outsiders and some of them might be crazy enough to kill someone.

Back at the barge Walcott confirms the events as Daphne and Beckett understands them, “I spoke with the band council leader. Turns out he signed an agreement to build a giant U-Mart out here - a big box Bandito Arms outlet with everything from fishing gear to Big Bore Shotguns. Normally natives are isolationist, and at least a subset of the population dislikes technology in general. Needless to say the project has been polarizing and a couple of murders of construction workers has the whole place on edge. The Band Council isn’t interested in trading with outsiders until this all settles down. Since we need to get some supplies here, I suggest you and your team try to figure this thing out.”

The Mean Streets (Rocky and Victor)
The sheriff nods at Rocky, “Look if you fellas want to look around sure, I don’t have much in the way of help when it comes to mystic stuff. But do it on the down low, the last thing our traditionalists need is more outsiders sniffing around. The work crew has caused enough tension.”

As Victor and Rocky head into the pub they spot Erstweavel and Raga mixed up with dwarves and beers like they belong there.

Pub Crawl (Raga and Ernstweavel)
At the bar the tender nods at Ernstweavel’s question, “Yep. Whole fort is talking about them. Two of them short guys turn up dead in the construction site. No one saw or heard anything. From what I hear from the sheriff is there’s nothing at the site except for crow feathers stuffed in their mouths. Crows are wise, but who knows what they are trying to say. That’s for the shaman. For me it has been an omen of fortune - angry dwarves drink a lot.”

Questioning the dwarves Raga opens up his senses to their non-verbal responses. The foreman continues to speak for the group, it’s obvious he’s angry but doesn’t think the traditionalists are to blame, “Our crew isn’t all dwarves, but a lot of us. We’re a family business. Contractors for Bandito on jobs like this one. The two guys we lost are cousins on my mother’s side.” And drunks, even by dwarven standards “It’s just as likely Northern Gun is setting us the traditionalists to block the U-Mart. Word is they were supposed to get this deal but Bandito undercut them at the last second.”

Soap Boxing (John and Miyo)
Miho’s questions seem to play right into the the shaman’s wheelhouse, “Construction has stopped for now. The band council has seen reason due to the tragedy. But the builders want to continue for profit of course...even the council has been wooed by wealth.” Pausing the shaman speculates on crow feathers, “Crows are the wisest of birds. They survived the great floods and brought fire to humanity. When they speak we must listen. Feathers in the mouth means the crows are speaking but what are they saying? It is hard to tell but perhaps the bodies themselves have something to say.”

In mythology the crow is often seen as a harbinger of death and evil but in Native American lore they are considered wise and intelligent, often even a good omen. The shaman seems to be playing on the wisdom angle but if the feathers were planted by a killer trying to set-up the traditionalists or scare off the construction they may not have known this fact.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Game Master
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: GAME MASTER: P.A.S.

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 38
Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)

After waiting patiently for the bartender to serve Ernstweavel his drinks, he graciously thanks him. Meandering towards Raga and the table of dwarves, allowing Raga to gain more info and trust from them before interjecting himself into the company. On his way to the table he double checked his surroundings. -- I.D. Undercover Agents 1d100 = 11 / 30% -- After reaching the table, Ernstweavel walks over to Raga and hands him his drink."Sorry this ain't ale but next time answer me in a timely fashion." Turning his attention to the other dwarves, he greets them in a manner common with their culture. --Lore: D-Bee 1d100 = 6 / 50% -- "My condolences for your loss of comrades. I hope they resolve this issue quickly."
P.P.E.: 122 / 122
H.P.: 27 / 27
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3
JIC d100: 1d100 = 56

Rocky wanders into the bar…

As Rocky goes inside, he looks around to see who is there, and what information he can gather about the murders. “Dang it looks full. Need to be careful, don’t know if the killers are here, more than likely, more than one. Ah, there is Raga and Ernstweavel”

He whispers to Vic, “Raga and EW are over there. Let’s just get a drink and be friendly. No fights if we can help it. Don’t need to intrude on the Dwarfs conversation.”

Rocky goes to the bar and gets a couple of drinks. Afterward he moves to an empty table or a less crowed one and ask to sit down. He tries to find one that might have natives or humans. Regardless he introduces himself and Vic, “Hi mind if we sit with you, names Rocky, this here is Vic. We just got here today it seems the place is a bit on edge.”

Radiate nature: Peaceful and friendly.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 14
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 19
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 71
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 15

Miyitowin keeps listening, watching the Shaman and the crowd while she thinks about what she's just realized.

It is probably the most polite to be blunt. There is no nice way to throw a clog in his works. I hope that the gathering of people is willing to listen.

Ability: Trust/Intimidate | Target: 45% | 1d100 = 50 | Fail

"That would be so typical of mooniyaw thinking."

A deliberate choice to keep her trigger sentence short and to the point, her use of the word mooniyaw was particularly carefully chosen. It's not a very nice word. It's not a swear word or an ethnic slur, but it is a slightly pejorative term for white men. Similar sounding words are peppered throughout native languages. Either way, the tone is clear enough that one doesn't need to understand the word to know what she said about who.

"Wise Shaman, I am not picking sides. I have just come to expect treachery from that direction. Suppose someone did not know their stories and for some end, wanted to deceive? Having seen feathers among us before, they knew there was some spiritual meaning there . . . . but their own culture associates death and evil with black, so that would seem to do very nicely?"

She shrugs, abruptly. Her point was made, if people listened, and she attempts to exit that line of discussion.

"Or perhaps I am a silly girl who thinks too much and just thinks that was a waste of feathers. What would be worth stuffing someone's mouth with a gift like that? It seems disrespectful to an important spirit."


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:15 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 80
Conditions: None.

Daphne listens to the caravan master explain the situation to Sam and herself. Well that seems to be a fishy situation. Daphne waits for the Caravan master to finish, before speaking to Sam again. "So I'm gonna put money that this is a plot from an outside source. Just saying... So should we go to the Bar and see what they've found out?" Daphne asks the experienced engineer. Daphne smirks and awaits the new plan from Sam.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 19
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 7 | 1d100 = 58

Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 5 / 40%

Samantha just smirks as Walcott demands that their Mercenary team 'figure things out', "We will see about taking care of this. Daphne, let's go." Samantha chose her words carefully, with the emphasis that her and her team could deal with any problem coming at them. But without committing that it would get resolved in a manner that would be beneficial.

As they head outside, Samantha listens to Daphne's assessment, "I think you are right. A mystery plot to stop U-Mart from building. It could come from a variety of sources, a rival competitor, or the traditionalists." She stops walking with Daphne for a second, "In either case, we will need to offer our services to the law keeper and possibly needing to get the Council to sign off on it. Let's get to the Bar, and see how much trouble Raga has gotten into. Knowing our luck, he has already been kicked out of city limits."
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 84

Conditions: Mask of Deceit (60 minute duration -?, save vs magic 17+ to pierce the illusion, BOM p. 113), Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE, left at barge along with equipment except radio)

John regards the shaman thoughtfully, First he was inciting the mob, now he wants to investigate. Was that his goal all along or is he just going with our interference? "Perhaps," he says out loud in agreement with the idea of checking the bodies. "The signs are muddled, now is not the time to act in haste as they do."

Getting close to Miyo he quietly asks, "Shall we find you some more suitable clothes?"

If she agrees to move on once they are a decent distance away from the gathering he activates his radio, "The natives are definitely restless. There've been some deaths at the construction site and the traditionalists are saying it's a sign the project must stop."

To Sharak he says, "On second thought keep an eye on this crowd. I think they're about done but tell me if they get riled up again."
John Smith
Stats: 192 MDC, 242 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles
Minions and Familiar
Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm


Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest