Adventure 5: The Old Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 10
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 49
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 7 / Asinîsisp: 1d20+1 = 6
Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until proper rest/recovery.
Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE)

Miyitowin has never seen anything like this before. That's the disadvantage of being a newly created being. Her maker didn't build a fool though and she's come to trust her friends.

"Asinîsisp." She says briefly to John. "He is an earth spirit." That may confirm it for the well educated immortal shifter. Native American elemental spirits generally do not have the 'raw elemental' form of common elementals and tend to be a bit more understandable.

"I will help you, John Smith. But first, I will..."

She actually covers her eyes with a hand for a moment as the hand to hand people go rushing off.

"... prevent a catastrophe. Or possibly cause one. Get ready."

As if in an afterthought, she adds quickly:

"Asinîsisp will get us answers while we do this thing. I am sending him beneath the ground to find out what is there."

The handsome, breechcloth clad native man raises his left eyebrow in an 'Oh, really?' sort of way, but ends up nodding good naturedly. He can do this thing. "First, the catastrophe."

Miyitowin jogs with Asinîsisp a few feet and turns to face the incoming crowd. A few seconds to center herself as she crouches, running her fingers through the soil as if that would help her get a better sense of it. Then, when she looks up, she is so much more decisive and sure of herself.

"Mamahtâwisiwin ask îhk pehtakosiw." OOC: Roughly 'Magic voice, be heard by the soil and earth'


She stands, then glances over her shoulder.

"John Smith. Please use your technology to inform the two who ran away, if the mob reaches us, after the earth trembles -- do not look at me, unless they wish to be confounded the same as the crowd."

And then Miyitowin and Asinîsisp go to work.

Asinîsisp begins with his own magic.

Spell Use (Two Casts) | Chasm | Type: Earth Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 5 | PPE: 25 | Effects: 200 foot long by 100 foot wide by 25 foot deep Chasm | Range: 150 Feet | Duration: 50 Minutes | Location: Page 70, BOM | Asinîsisp PPE Remaining: 40

Twice, the Earth Elemental uses powerful magic to open the earth; aiming to make a physical barrier between the party, the dig site and the oncoming horde. He leaves a narrow 'bridge' about five feet wide to come through, a natural funnel point that hopefully the rush will congregate towards. He works on creating an arc with the two halves, hopefully protecting the group on three sides -- minus the land bridge.

"I go now." He says to his mistress in elemental.

Spell Use | Travel Through Walls | Type: Earth Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 5 | PPE: 20 | Effects: Travel through earth, 60 foot per melee. | Range: Self |Duration: 10 Minutes | Location: Page 70, BOM | Asinîsisp PPE Remaining: 30

The elemental begins to sink into the earth, hunting for the source of the haunting. Artifacts? Burial Ground? Who knows.

This is what he will spend his time doing instead of directly aiding the party with combat, magic or anything else. As he hunts, he muses how silly people are and the things they get concerned over.

Skill Roll (Asinîsisp) | Lore: Indians | Target: 80% | 1d100 = 80 |
Skill Roll (Asinîsisp) | Lore: Magic | Target: 80% | 1d100 = 20 |
Skill Roll (Asinîsisp) | Lore: Demons and Monsters | Target: 80% | 1d100 = 58 |

Miyitowin is also busy.

The first thing she does is, completely by instinct, raise a psionic force field to protect herself.

Psionic Use | Psychic Body Field | Type: Super | Effective Level: 4 | ISP: 30 | Effects: 40 MDC force field. | Range: Self | Duration: 8 Minutes | Location: Page 181, RUE | ISP Remaining: 140 |

"John, please warn them to keep off the obvious pathway."

Spell Use X2 | Quicksand | Type: Earth Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 4 | PPE: 15 | Effects: Create nasty quicksand. 79% undetectable | Range: 100 feet |Duration: 40 Minutes | Location: Page 70, BOM | Energy Sphere PPE Remaining: 570

She then turns the stone bridge that is left between her elemental's opening of the earth into hopefully hidden quicksand, thereby finishing their hastily put together trap. One large spot in the middle of the bridge and one on the 'far' side.

Not yet finished, she keeps going.

Spell Use X2 | Phantom Footman | Type: Air Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 4 | PPE:20 | Effects: Summon Phantom Footman. | Range: 1000 feet |Duration: 40 Minutes | Location: Page 62, BOM | Energy Sphere PPE Remaining: 530

She knows not how she knows how, but she works to summon a pair of invisible elemental fragments.

"Do not hurt anyone. Do not allow yourselves to be seen." She orders of the two. "Any who vault the bridge who are not those two..." She indicates Raga and Daphne. "Do not injure them, but physically get them into the quick sand. All must survive. Go." [I]OOC: Leaving control of these two to the GM unless otherwise requested. Have fun with it.

That would be all that she can do for the moment. Trusting her trio of minions to do as she has bid, she turns to John and begins to channel energy.

"Let us do this as quickly as we are able."

OOC: Provide up to 350 PPE from Miyitowin's energy sphere to John for the ritual.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Crowd Control
As the mob approaches Raga and Daphne immediately move in to mix it up, doing their best not to permanently injure any of the possessed locals. The two find themselves shoved, punched, scratch, and even bitten but their superior arms and armor leave them relatively unscathed. Soon, however, each of them find themselves mobbed by four or five howling humans making it hard to move without doing serious violence. Fortunately, Rocky always comes prepared and starts tossing tear gas and flash bangs into the crowds. The crowd control grenades work as intended slowing down the mob a great deal and forcing many of them to choke on the fumes. Then Miyitowin and her spirit guide make a mess of the place. Using its elemental powers the newly arrived spirit creates a great chasm the separates the choking crowd from the main group, unfortunately it also isolates Raga, Daphne, and Rocky on the wrong side of the chasm. Fortunately, there is a small, narrow, bridge for them to cross over - until Miyitowin turns it into quicksand making it impassable!

The good news is, the chasm buys time for an exorcism ritual to begin. John, Miyitowin, and Ernstweavel combine their mystic energies for a massive dispersal. It takes John a few seconds to properly focus, using his force field to avoid any stray blasts from the other side of the chasm. A few of the possessed attempt to cross the small bridge and interrupt the ritual but quickly become mired in quicksand.

At once, a great cry goes up from the crowd, ”Stop!” At once they all start to walk or crawl toward the edge of the chasm, ”Or their blood will be on your hands!”

TLDR
The entities are making the people walk over the edge of the chasm. Basically killing them all. Only Raga, Daphne, and Rocky are on the same side.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Game Master
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: GAME MASTER: P.A.S.

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 4
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 7
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 67
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 10 / Asinîsisp: 1d20+1 = 18 / Phantom Footman #1: 1d20+1 = 4 / Phantom Footman #2: 1d20+1 = 21

Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until proper rest/recovery.
Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE)

Miyitowin:

Miyitowin can hear the call and the roar and see out of the corner of her eye what is happening.

It is a reservoir dogs type scenario. Everyone pointing guns at each other. Someone innocent is probably going to die.

And she can do nothing about it.

Is this what being a 'Hero' is? Making the decisions on who lives and who dies?

She scrunches up her face.

"Keep going." She murmurs to John and keeps channeling energy into his ritual. "Do not stop. If we do, this is for nothing."

"Wind, catch them and put them down gently!" She calls out.

The two Elemental Fragments, phantom footmen by any other terms, go to work, attempting to catch and set down roughly -- minor injuries are OK -- but not lethally, any falling people to the bottom of the chasm. Two invisible creatures of wind with surprisingly solid grips.

As soon as she is free, she doesn't wait to see the results -- she just vaults to the edge of the chasm; raising her arms and focusing a shrieking wind up from within the chasm towards the assembled group.

"NO!" Miyitowin thunders.

"I WILL NOT! If you persist in destroying your own people, then what kind of spirit are you? In trying to protect what is important to you, you are desecrating it! I can't help you if you keep doing this, it's only making more people against you!"

"You..... STOP!"

She can see the invisible, and if there are any spirits forced out, she'll try to encase one in a stone wall.

Action #1: Exorcism ritual /w John.
Action #2: Exorcism ritual /w John.
Action #3: Move to chasm edge.
Action #4: Spell Use | Wind Rush | Type: Air Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 4 | PPE: 10 | Effects: Save. 18 to 20 means character able to keep their feet. Failed means they are blown off it and sent tumbling 2d6X10 meters/yards. Probably flying dust etc, too, it's a pretty vicious wind. | Range: 120 Feet | Duration: One Melee Round (15 Seconds) | Location: Page 60, BOM | PPE Remaining: 180 (In Sphere)
Action #5: Spell Use (Second spell cast) | Wind Rush | Type: Air Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 4 | PPE: 10 | Effects: Save. 18 to 20 means character able to keep their feet. Failed means they are blown off it and sent tumbling 2d6X10 meters/yards. Probably flying dust etc, too, it's a pretty vicious wind. | Range: 120 Feet | Duration: One Melee Round (15 Seconds) | Location: Page 60, BOM | PPE Remaining: 170 (In Sphere)
Action #6: Yell at crowd.
Action #7: Spell Use | Wall of Stone | Type: Earth Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 4 | PPE: 15 | Effects: Creates a stone wall. 8X8X4 feet per level of the warlock. 32X32X16 | Range: 60 Feet | Duration: 16 Minutes | Location: Page 69, BOM | PPE Remaining: 155 (In sphere)

Phantom Footman #1: (MDC: 40, PS: 20 Supernatural, PP: 8, Invisible, SPD: 35 Mph (56 KPH), +1 on Init and Parry, +4 to dodge, 4 APM.
Action #1: Move into position.
Actions 2, 3, 4: Catch and release people to slow/break falls.

Phantom Footman #2: (MDC: 40, PS: 20 Supernatural, PP: 8, Invisible, SPD: 35 Mph (56 KPH), +1 on Init and Parry, +4 to dodge, 4 APM.
Action #1: Move into position.
Actions 2, 3, 4: Catch and release people to slow/break falls.

Asinîsisp:
All 5 actions dedicated to searching underground for the cause of what's riled all of these spirits up.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 74
JIC d20: 1d20 = 12
JIC d100: 1d100 = 6

Rocky sees the impending doom of the possessed and the chasm. “Crap, can this get any worse.”
“OK, keep them away from the crevasse. Change the ground to muck trap them, then dry it.”
He sees Miti using Elemental powers
Rocky rushes to stop those moving toward the edge. He Uses Bio Manipulation (10)

6 Actions
Action 1 -6
Bio Manipulation (10 ISP)
On different people mainly the more ambulatory
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 82

Conditions: 184/242 PPE, Tongues (14 minutes), Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE), Forcefield Active 75/75 MDC

John's eyes begin to glow blue-white as he takes in the energy for the exorcism. "NO," he yells with determination as ley lightning crackles down his arms and between his fingers. The energy required to exorcise this many entities at once was more then even the demigod can safely contain but never the less, haltingly, then with increasing authority he begins the incantation. "I CAST YOU OUT! LEAVE THESE INNOCENTS AND RETURN TO WHATEVER HELL SPAWNED YOU!"

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17
APM: 6

Action 1: Mass Exorcism (750 PPE) start
Action 2: Mass Exorcism finish (Save vs Magic 16+)
Action 3-6: Magic net as many falling or about to fall victims as possible & necessary (1 action per cast, 7 PPE, each net can contain 1-6 humanoids within 10' area, dodge 16+ to avoid)

Defensive actions: None

Saves vs Possession (add +15): 10d20:
18, 17, 10, 6, 3, 18, 16, 14, 7, 5


OOC: Easiest thing is to split the 750 PPE cost 3 ways, 250 each from John, Miyo, and Ernst however each wants to donate it from personal PPE or energy spheres.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 65/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 78
Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 561 PPE), Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover..

Ernstweavel helps John and Miyo with the mass exorcism spell, pouring the engery from his Energy Sphere. Keeping quite, as not to disturb John from performing the spell. Watching the innocent people kill themselves, while not being able to do anything about it, leaves Ernstweavel with a sickening feeling in his gut.

We gotta hurry this up, people area dying out there. Hopefully M.A.R.S. doesn't get blamed for all the deaths. At least if no one know the dwarf stirred the pot.

After the exorcism is performed, Ernstweavel starts to cast Magic Net, to try and save as many people as he can from fall over the chasms.

Combat Action and rolls
Initiative: 1d20 = 9
Number of Action per round: 6

Action One: Participate in Mass Exorcism (250)
Action Two: Mass Exorcism (cont'd)
Action Three: Cast Magic Net (7) as needed
Action Four: Cast Magic Net (7) as needed
Action Five: Cast Magic Net (7) as needed
Action Six: Cast Magic Net (7) as needed
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 9
Conditions: Between a Chasm and a rough decision.

Daphne see's what is about to happen and brandishes her staff horizontally, to act as a barrier she can use to push people back. "This is ridiculous, anyone have an idea? Daphne says, the sound of desperation in her voice.

Combat actions: 1-6: Push people away from the edge.
Strikes: 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 25, 1d20+5 = 20, 1d20+5 = 14, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 18.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 12 | 1d100 = 21

Samantha, stuck to the ground but at least she's not paralyzed. She lifts her head up and listens to all the screams. This is insane, and we don't have much time to do it. Her brain quickly goes through and analyzes the situation, the murder of all the towns folks. The death of these spirits, or potentially worse. Not knowing if John could save her, from her own actions, she puts herself in harms way again. "John, I'm sorry..." She says to the spellcaster. But her good nature dictates that she try and stop the bloodshed, even spiritual, if things can be done peacefully.

"Spirits you stop and release those people. Otherwise John will continue whatever he's doing!" She yells from her prone position. "You can negotiate in peace, or be ripped from this place violently!"

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 25 / 40%

"To negotiate in good faith, you may choose one person you have already taken control of as your representative. That includes even myself to communicate through. Choose now, or suffer the consequences!"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:06 pm

The Exorcism of Fort Comanche
Things get real dicey for a moment as one team of heroes tries to prevent possessed innocents from plunging to their death while a second group furiously works to enact a massive ritual of exorcism. Through sheer force of will the prevention team manages to keep anyone from going off the deep end, although there are more close calls than anyone wants to admit. Finally, the magic group finishes their ritual and a great rushing wind fills the construction site as spirits are blown from bodies and people drop to the ground, dazed, confused, but ultimately safe.

The local shaman, Mukuroo, nods appreciatively but looks pensive, "We have saved many, but it is obvious this site is some sort of burial ground for these dog soldiers. We may have eternally disturbed their rest."

As if one cue, Miho's earth elemental spirit returns from beneath the site holding s simple wooden pole with a long leather leash attached to it. Seeing the item, Mukuroo frowns. "It is the hitching posts for a dog soldier, but I sense much bad medicine within it. No doubt it will tie these spirits to this area much like it once tethered a human warrior to the post. They will no doubt return if we do not cleanse the bad medicine."

Good Medicine
After consultation with a local elder, who most locals simply refer to as Grandmother, the group is invited to participate in a ritual to release the bound entities from the hitching post. According to grandmother, this particular band of dog soldiers pre-dates the coming of the Rifts, and even the Golden Age. They were so committed to defending their land from occupation they used dark medicine to tie themselves to their post for all of eternity, unfortunately time made them cruel versions of their once noble selves. While no one is happy about the killings, there seems to be a certain honor and respect in the telling of the story and the sacrifice of heroes.

As the post burns in a great bonfire, and the drum beats, the day is saved but the question of building a Bandito Arms super mall still lingers. It turns out, Mukuroo and his ilk were right in a way - the spirits did not agree. So, during a great council of elders it was agreed that the Bandito project would be cancelled. Instead, Fort Comanche wouldvget their outside goods from a trusted source who respects the old ways, the Merchant's Association of MercTown.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
Game Master
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: GAME MASTER: P.A.S.

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 11
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 7
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 47
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 21

Miyitowin is actually tired as things come to a conclusion.

She had a pretty exhausting night and the day that followed hasn't been much different.

She is active through the ceremony and after, and will spend time talking to people if she can. Nothing harsh and nothing heavy, just enjoying the chance to be among 'her' people. She will also do her best to minimize her role in what has happened, not interested in being the center of attention. If she's able, once all is said and done, she'll enjoy the chance to smoke a pipe and relax. Then she does a very strange thing.

She'll purchase a suit of modern body armor -- broken and damaged -- and deliver it to Grandmother. This is an important thing to her and something that she is very serious on doing for reasons even she can't fathom, though this segways into an actual visit with the woman. It may even seem that her visit is aimless, merely a social call and a gift. If that is what it is to be, Miyitowin is quite okay with this, and will leave it at thanking the elder for what she has done and say that she appreciates what she has done. She will also leave some ceremonial tobacco for the woman.

The final thing that she has for the Elder?

"Grandmother, I would be most grateful if you'd show me where your medicinal plants and tobacco are."

Miyitowin will apply voice and drum as best she is able; weaving in a few spells at the same time.

Spell Use X10 | Grow Plants | Type: Earth Warlock Magic | Effective Level: 4 | PPE: 8 | Effects: Increases fertility of the area's soil and doubles natural plant growth on it. | Range: Affects a 40 foot area. |Duration: 4 Months | Location: Page 68, BOM | Total PPE: 80, from personal reserves.

Skill Use | Play Musical Insturment: Hand Drum (Professional) | Target: 72 | 1d100 = 91 - Fail
Skill Use | Sing (Professional) | Target: 72 | 1d100 = 41 - Succeed

It is her intention to leave the area lush. If Grandmother will not show her, she will use the same magic and ceremony on crops or gardens that she finds.

If any of the party care to tag along with her while she does these things, they are absolutely welcome to. (OOC: If anyone wants to RP conversation, I'd love to!)

After her casting, she can retire to sit near the central fire of the community, quietly smoking her pipe.

"Asinîsisp." She says, softly. "I appreciate what you have done, your aid was most useful and you have done a great thing. I release you if you choose to leave." (OOC: GM's call!)


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 31/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 88
Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 311 PPE), Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover..

With extreme exhaustion, Ernstweavel is overcome with a sense of pride. Even though his body is aching and difficult to function, he does his best to keep his composure when dealing with the remaining crowd. When the group meets with the grandmother, he takes the time on the way there, to calm his mind and reflect on what had transpired. As the hitching post burns in the bonfire, Ernstweavel turns to grandmother and does his best to convey his sympathy and gratitude. ”Thank you for all that you have done today! I will always remember today. May the strife of your people be less from this day forth.”


Miyitowin wrote:"Grandmother, I would be most grateful if you'd show me where your medicinal plants and tobacco are."

Miyitowin will apply voice and drum as best she is able; weaving in a few spells at the same time.

As Miyitowin sings and plays the drum, Ernstweavel makes his way over to her and watches as she preforms her magic. Waiting until she is done, then he speaks up. "I would love to come and long and be shown some good local knowledge, if that's alright by you. Ernstweavel will wait for a response.

(Identify Plants and fruits 1d100 = 80 / 40)

When Ernstweavel and Miyitowin have a chance at a conversation, Ernstweavel will start it off."Miyitowin, you say these are your people. What do you mean by that? Are you from this particular tribe or from around this area? Or do you mean that you are you referring to all natives as your people?"

OOC Comments
If GM is willing, maybe like a +2% or so to Identify Plants and fruits if the grandmother shows them around. If not, no biggie, just an idea.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 45% 1d100 = 94
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 /1d100 = 43
MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember possessing entity facts so he has something to talk about:
Lore: Demons & Monsters--55% /1d100 = 70
Lore: Magic--55% /1d100 = 33
Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100 = 79
Detect Ambush--60%/1d100 = 33


Raga participates in the rituals and watches as the drama comes to a satisfactory conclusion. With the the threat over and the townspeople saved from doom, Raga takes a well deserved nap. Leaning against his trusty companion, Snapi the mule, Raga sleeps where he stands, a few feet away from the town tavern, which will likely be opening right around the time Raga wakes up...

"ZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz"
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 74

Conditions: 45/253 PPE, Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 500/600 PPE)

After the exorcism John looks weakened and haggard, the act of expelling so many spirits at once having taken an obvious toll on the spellcaster. With a wave of his hand he releases Sam from the force binding her to the ground and offers her a hand up. "Sorry for that but we had to be sure you were yourself again." He also checks on Victor to make sure he's okay. Calling Sharak down from his circling overwatch John ruffles the birds 'feathers' and says, mentally, "Thank you for the warning my friend," while he digs a few metal scraps out of his pockets for the bird to eat.

John looks on with interest as Asinîsisp returns with the cursed post and does anything necessary (protection circle, etc) to secure it until the ritual can be prepared to destroy it. Once the ritual is complete the demigod mainly keeps to himself and can be found from time to time around the Fort meditating in various places he finds to be peaceful enough as he replenishes the energies used at the dig site. He doesn't seek out any of the members of MARS but doesn't shoo anyone away either if they come across him.

He does make it a point to track down Commander Walcott and offers to open a Communications Rift or send a Magic Pigeon if she wants to report in to Councilman Rockford about the expedition's success thus far.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:54 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 62
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC d100: 1d100 = 8

Rocky watches the scene unfolding as possessed people try to kill themselves and his team and others try to save them and his three cast the evil out of them

Rocky congratulates all members of his team. For a job well done, “Great team work there.” And help those that are a bit tired from spell casting get up and away.

He also reassures the ones possessed that everything is OK, “You’ll be find now.”

Rocky hangs around Samm explaining what happen to the Commander.

After everyone clears the area Rocky goes with the others to Grandmother.

After returning from Grandmothers to the pit. The pole brought out and destroyed. This was a relief to all. A joint sigh could be heard afterwards. “I hope no one is planning to start digging again while we are here.” Rocky thinks to himself.

Rest, rest and a few brews. Yep that seems to bring people back to normal. "Those accused of killing others will they ever be the same? Who knows, we think it wasn’t them but in their own eyes can they ever walk away thinking such? "

Well it is good News Merctown picked up a contract. “There is a win for our side. No fancy stores. And now another step toward where?”

Rocky spends some time with the spell casters on the mission talking it up learning more about them. He becomes closer to Miyi, Ernst and John.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 21
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 12
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 99
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 9

When she is able, Miyitowin quickly offers Ernst a warm, if reserved smile.

"Please. I'd like that."

She'll gladly let him come with her to visit Grandmother and he can witness all of it, including the odd delivery of the armor which seems to confuse even her.

Later, when they actually have a chance to talk she thinks about his question long and hard; passing her pipe over to him almost as an excuse to think even longer.

"I do not know." She answers, finally, a touch whistful in her voice. "This feels right and it makes sense. These are my people, or at least closer to my people than anyone else I have met yet."

Her eyes watch the smoke drift.

"Not so long ago I awoke naked, carrying just a weapon I'd never seen before in a frozen, arctic place and yet I found I wasn't cold. I have no memory of anything before that. I do not know if I was injured, ill, or anything like that. Raga brought me back here after all of us worked in different ways to help some people against an evil."

Her smile returns.

"I know that I am being vauge, but you know almost as much as I do. They told me some things that I must keep to myself for now, I am afraid, because I have not decided what they mean to me. These people here, though? They are the first that make sense to me. I understand their ways. I understand their customs. The spirits here talk to me and they make sense. This ... perhaps is not home, wherever that may be, but it is close enough to it."

The smile is gone, just as that as she holds her hand out for her pipe when Erst is finished with it.

"Maybe I will find something here to remind me of who I am."

While Erst and Miyi and Rocky talk, she does excuse herself at one point, finding a local nearby and asking a favor of them before returning to her discussions.

OOC: Miyitowin has asked a local person to find John and bring him a nice meal and say it was from her. Her way of reaching out socially and still acknowledging his seeming want to be alone. Specifically, something traditional but very good quality. She'll gladly pay.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 66

Samantha is frustrated to all holy hell being stuck to the ground. It isn't till John explains why, that she reluctantly understands. Thankfully when they stripped her of her gear, they didn't strip her of her dignity. Her armored unisuit was still on, but the armored and power armor attachments were removed and on the ground.

"John and Rocky, you have my sincere gratitude in stopping me from hurting anyone. And stopping the spirits as well." She tells her two team mates as she starts armoring herself back up. "I'm going back to the barge and lay down. The whole ordeal has given me a migraine." She picks up her pistol that was on the ground, checks the power, and holsters it.

When she gets to the barge she goes and talks to Wolcott and explain the situation.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:55 am

Local Conditions wrote:FORT COMMANCHE
  • Location: Town Square
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: Morning, Someday 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

FAR FROM THEIR LAND AS THEY MADE THEIR STAND
Fort Comanche is by not a small town, but word of the exorcism and the triumph of the old ways spreads quickly. By the time the people of MARS are up and facing the world the following morning, the elders have held their council and the decision has been made. It works out well for the Merchant's Association of Merctown, not so well for Bandito Arms. Everyone out west knows who really runs Bandito Arms. Maybe. Do they? It's a good thing to know.

Besides a few appreciative and knowing smiles from the grandmother, John receives little notice from the townsfolk. Rocky hangs out with him for a bit, but eventually joins the chattier group with Ernstweavel. His meditations are uninterrupted and by morning he feels better. Since he never actually slept, he's up early, as is Walcott. She is very appreciative and welcomes his help to report back to the Association in Merctown. She doesn't take long, since the message is good news, better than expected. Because he's there, John gets the news first, Walcott is not waiting long until they head for the next stop. No later than the next morning.

Miyitowin blended, for the most part, in with the rest of the town's population. The crusty old grandmother lady conveys through minimal gestures the path to a small herbarium in the back of he old woman's house. One might expect the village eldest to have a vast and varied collection, but quite instead it's limited, only the most common and basic materials are included. Ernstweaval's not familiar with even what's there, but his interest elicits a barely perceptible smile from the old woman. After the grandmother's house, Rocky eventually catches up with Miyitowin. It's a quiet, but lively group, the nature spells are more interesting than a mumbled word and gesture. Throughout the darkest parts of the night and into the early light of morning they pass from garden to garden, mostly unseen. Those who notice are politely appreciative, but most don't notice and will discover Miyitowin's gift in due time.

At some point during her focus, Asinîsisp disappeared or wandered off. She can still feel its presence, but the link is thin and attenuated.

While the wizard, ghost and shaman traipse around doing good deeds with no hope of recognition, the dwarf sleeps like a drunken dwarf leaning against his mule. He does dream a little, flashbacks of places he's been, from the Garden in Madhaven to Asgard and Yggdrasil. No nightmares. He's rested in the morning. Unfortunately the coffee shops open long before tavern, so it's the Sksuuhshsshhhshshshshhhhssssshhhh of espresso machines instead of the friendly clink and clatter of beer bottles and glasses. But a young kid on a bike stops in front of Raga, "Hey, mister, seen the guy with the sideburns? That's what the lady said. Seen 'im?" It is cruel though, the smell of breakfast burritos wafting out of the bags strapped to the rack over the rear wheel. "You slept with the donkey?" the boy says, truly innocent.

It's not until morning that Sam is able to find Walcott. She is coming to the barge from town and waves at Sam as she approaches. "So, John just did some magic and let me check in with the Association," she says. "I'm sure you can guess, that we're going to head out soon, tomorrow morning." As Walcott pauses, Sam realizes for the first time that the merchant is munching on a very delicious looking breakfast burrito. Breakfast burritos smell good no matter what crazy dimension you're in. Still chewing a little, Walcott asks, "You think you guys can be ready?" If Sam was happy about retaining her dignity then night before, she might be mortified at her gargantuan stomach growl set off by the sight of tasty food. Walcott doesn't seem to notice.

What are you doing?


Sabaton - The Lost Brigade
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17
JIC d100: 1d100 = 63

The Smell of cooking wakes Rocky up as he heads down following his nose he looks around and smiles breakfast burritos, Breakfast tacos. Jack orders Potato Bacon and eggs and a sausage and egg and a Carne Guisada Taco he places the salsa and cheese on them and eats. The taste is fantastic! As the others head down he tells them about the food, “The food is fantastic here there is so much to try I wonder if they have takeout? Oh We got to swing through here on the way back.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 21

Conditions: Sustain (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 500 PPE)

Owing to his divine parentage John has never required much in the way of food. At this point in his life he could go almost half a year without eating anything at all. Sustained as he is by his magic he's spared even that small requirement of life. But if there's one thing the shifter has a soft spot for it's street food, so the kid with the bike rack full of breakfast burritos is a welcome sight. Doubly so if he can manage to scare up a cup of hot tea, or if not tea, coffee. John's happy to pay, along with a handsome tip, but if it's mentioned the food is a gift from Miyo he tips the vendor anyway. He walks with Walcott to the barge slowly eating the burrito and savoring every bite. As he departs he says to the kid, "I think I can help you find a few more customers if you want to come along."

As Walcott meets with Sam he hangs back at a respectful distance to give her space to talk to their employer. Only once the two have worked out the departure plan does he move closer for a conversation. "How're you feeling," John asks with a reassuring smile. "Do you remember anything about the possession?" If she doesn't want to talk about it John doesn't push but he sees Sam as the analytical type that might be comforted if she knew more about what happened to her.

John finishes his burrito and smiles knowingly with Rocky but also throws some shade on the idea of a return trip back. "If I buy you a cookbook and promise to open a portal here whenever you have a craving can we just rift back to MercTown when the job's done?"
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 33

Samantha listens to Walcott talk. "I'll tell my people that we will be heading out at first light. And that they should finish..." She stops a second to let her stomach calm down, "...their shopping trips. May I ask where did you get that?"

Even though breakfast burritos were available in her home dimension, they didn't have the same ingredients that showed up here on Rifts Earth. The food on Rifts Earth was slightly different, probably due to the dimensional anomalies, and the influx of magic. Versus the defoliation of her home-world and massive destruction of her planet due to alien invaders.

John wrote:"How're you feeling, Do you remember anything about the possession?"

She looks at the mage and gives him the 'look' "I'm fine, nothing some meds and sleep can't cure." She ponders Johns second question a little bit before she answers. "I have vague recollection of what was going on. But it felt like I was pushed down, and I was drowning. Just trying to get some air, was all I could do." She looks at John's and Rocky's food and her stomach growls some more. "Where did you get those?" She was referring to the burritos that they just finished up.

After her impromptu meeting with their client and crew, she quickly runs to the galley on board the ship. Oh my, I am hungry! She quickly makes something quick and easy to eat. With her stomach partially sated, she quickly goes into town and finds her a proper meal.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 28
Conditions: None.

Daphne isn't too interested in the native ritual, but sticks around because it seems the thing to do. Once the ritual is over, Daphne heads back to the barge and climbs into the cockpit of the Kittani fighter. Hotel beds are nice and all, but Daphne grew up in a mercenary household, and finds strange comfort in sleeping in the pilot's seat. This night is no exception as she passes out peacefully to dreams of schematics and mathematical equations.

When Daphne awakens in the morning, she stretches and yawns deeply, feeling very rested. Then her stomach growls and Daphne realizes she's super hungry. Guess I should see what is for breakfast. Daphne says as she opens the cockpit and makes her way back to the hotel. Looks like people are eating breakfast burritos... Nice. Daphne looks to see where said Breakfast Burritos are being made and makes towards them. "One Burrito please."

Once Daphne has a burrito, she makes her way to find Beckett. "Morning, sleep alright?"
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 77/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 100
Conditions: Sustain (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 311 PPE),

After a good nights sleeps, Ernstweavel wakes up refreshed and in good spirits. As he comes down the stairs, the smell of street food fills his nose with excitement. Even thou he doesn't need it at the moment, it is still a welcomed smell. Once he has some food, he finds his way to good cup of coffee. Then he returns to the where the group has gathered at. Back at the group he finds a table and quietly sits, trying to piece together the last couple of days together. Ernstweavel observes the group has he eats and drinks, waiting for the next set of orders.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:49 am

Beckett wrote:She looks at the mage and gives him the 'look' "I'm fine, nothing some meds and sleep can't cure." She ponders Johns second question a little bit before she answers. "I have vague recollection of what was going on. But it felt like I was pushed down, and I was drowning. Just trying to get some air, was all I could do." She looks at John's and Rocky's food and her stomach growls some more. "Where did you get those?" She was referring to the burritos that they just finished up.

"That's interesting," John says, "with the usual possessing entities the host doesn't remember anything at all. I'd love to stay and study this some more but I guess duty calls." When she asks about the burritos he points over to the kid with the bike assuming he followed.

John spends the day wandering the fort, stopping at any museums or historical societies or the like that he comes across. He's not looking for anything in particular, he's just curious about the history of the area and the various bands that make up the Comanche Preserve. He also tries to get a sense from the locals of any sensitive or dangerous areas the convoy should avoid as they continue their journey west.

As the day winds down he performs a short ritual on Sharak to give the familiar the ability to see the invisible and sense evil, the events at the fort having taught him the value of those capabilities. Before turning in for the night he offers to create new energy spheres (only 24 day duration) for anyone that needs one and double checks that all his equipment is in working order and ready to go in the morning.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 45% 1d100 = 98
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 /1d100 = 87
MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember possessing entity facts so he has something to talk about:
Lore: Demons & Monsters--55% /1d100 = 66
Lore: Magic--55% /1d100 = 44
Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100 = 1
Detect Ambush--60%/1d100 = 45



Raga scratches himself as he shakes himself to. Ah, a pleasant rest at last, blessed is the World-Tree.

But a young kid on a bike stops in front of Raga, "Hey, mister, seen the guy with the sideburns? That's what the lady said. Seen 'im?" It is cruel though, the smell of breakfast burritos wafting out of the bags strapped to the rack over the rear wheel.

"The Know-it-all? no, why would I have? Where are the others? Give me a burrito, dammit!" Raga snags a burrito and follows the boy to meet the others.

"You slept with the donkey?" the boy says, truly innocent.

"On the Donkey. I slept on the donkey... means a differn't thing see." grumbles Raga.

"Hail and well met friends!! How greets the morning?" Raga waves to the others as he sits to join them.
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))
Rocky hands a burrito to Samm, "Here have some they are great. " He orders more knowing others are coming. As Raga arrives he hands him a burrito, "Hey enjoy while we can."

Rocky listens to Samm still worried if she is OK. When she mentions heading out he shows no expression just, sad on the inside. "I thought we might have a few more days especially to see how Samm is taking things."

He looks around to the others and speaks up, "You heard the Boss, get Personal things done by noon. After 12, make sure our gear is good and ready to go. No big party tonight." He looks at Raga, "Sunrise we leave. I don't want to come by and find out you're in bed, hung over, with a beauty." Rocky smiles. "I thought the Mule had better sense."

He then looks to Samm, "Does that sound about right? Anything else to add."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 pm

((rolls carried over))

Samantha gives Daphne a nod when asked if she slept okay, "Yeah, enough. I should be fine when we get back on the road again."

While talking to John, "Yeah a few days would be ideal. Make sure everything here has settled. But we got our marching orders, sunrise we move out."

When Rocky hands Samantha the burrito, her heart is elated. At least there is someone around here who understands... you can't raise an army without food in their stomachs. "Thanks," she says, while listening to him bark out orders to the rest of the team. "That does cover the basics, but yes I do have something to add."

She stands up tall and starts to speak from a position of authority, "Thank you all. Our first part of this trip has been a success. It couldn't have happened without you all working together. We used our strengths to overcome diversity, and we saved a lot of lives in the process. So thank you! Now you heard Rocky. Get your personal stuff done by noon. Get your gear prepped and ready. If you need anything serviced or repaired, make sure you set it aside and let folks know. We move out at sunrise, if you aren't on the boat, you'll be left behind."
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Local Conditions wrote:FORT COMMANCHE
  • Location: Town Square
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1030, September 13 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

BENEATH THE STREET LAMPS AS WE RUN
Eventually things settle on two activities: eating and Walcott.

The kid with tasty burritos follows John around until all the mercenaries are fed. The boy winds his way from Raga to John, Beckett to Rocky, Daphne and Ernstweavel, selling tasty food equally and prolifically amongst all. For those that need a little morning beverage, a couple coffee shop type places are open and ready for cash monies from anyone. Tea, coffee, bloody mary's (one of the places is a saloon). Sensing a little ka-ching of his own, the boy on the bike shows up a carafe of a nice hot Mexican coffee.

Before Rocky and Sam get the chance to move everyone a long, John has time enough to conduct his ritual. He gets minimal wandering around time, there's not much to see anyway. As everyone gathered around for the most important meal of the day, Walcott explains the next move.

"This is a new one for me. I hope some of you have an open mind." She pulls out a note pad and ticks a few things off, like she's double checking the details. "Well," she starts off, "we all hate vampires right?" Waiting for universal agreement she continues. "The aptly named Silvereno has a stockpile of silver and other metals alloyed with silver. We have been asked to travel to Silvereno to pick up a rather large supply." The pad comes back out. Then closed and passed back from hand to hand. "Open mind please. I don't need to tell you who we're actually working for, but 'need to know' normally back fires in my experience." Clearly the normally imperturbable Walcott does not want to get to the point. Finally, she just blurts it out. The CS wants the silver." She literally backpedals though, "Wait wait wait, I know what you're thinking, I thought it too. Have your heard of a 'Coalition Expeditionary Force'?" She grimaces, gripping the notebook tightly with both hands. "Apparently they can be very independent from the Empire. What we have here is a group of CEF soldiers launching an raid into Mexico. We think, without the motherland's approval." Still seeing skepticism, maybe anger, she tries another different approach, "More importantly," she gives a tight, hopeful, smile, "they are paying above market price."

What are you doing?


xxxSince you didn't appreciate the poniesxxx
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 10
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11
JIC d100: 1d100 = 74

After Walcott gives her long speech Rocky looks around at the others and speaks up, “I have helped the CS before. For the good of Mankind! Yes, the empires talk is Human above all. But sometimes their focus and resources are good to take care of some of the big monsters. I don’t like their D-Bee polices, but their abilities to go and take out a bunch of Vampires is good for everyone.”

Rocky pauses and looks at the faces of the others then turns to Walcott and looks at her, “What promise, about the people, D-Bees, Magic, exotic gear, traveling with you will be ignored, I would hate to think that we bring them the supplies they need and then they launch an attack on us.” He looks her square in the eyes and continues, “I don’t want to have a shoot out so far away from home, and have them call in the CS on us as we try to get back to safety.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 31

Conditions: Sustain (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 500 PPE)

Great, vampires and the Coalition. If we can just work in Tiamat somehow my day will be complete. Finding a place to sit and stroke Sharak's feathers John nods faintly at Rocky's question and waits for an answer before asking a couple of his own, "Once we pick up the silver where does it need to go? Will we need to go somewhere first to refine it or do we just take it as is?"

During his wanderings after the meeting John also picks up another week worth of metal scraps for Sharak to replenish the feed bag. Once noon rolls around he's back on the barge checking his gear and helping everyone else with whatever they need. Any downtime is spent in the common area on the barge studying the computerized vampire references on a holo projected screen from his wrist computer. If Sam happens to wander through he says, "Remember before we left I mentioned creating a circle of protection etched into the deck of the barge? If we're going to go into vampire territory, or even near vampire territory we might want to see about getting that done once we reach Silverado. I can make a temporary one whenever we need but I'm not enough of a craftsman to etch it into the deck myself."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Sustain (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 311 PPE),

Ernstweavel shudders at the thought of vampires but he nearly chokes on his coffee when Walcott mentions the CS. After Walcott's report, Ernstweavel decides to put in his objections and opinions and the mission at hand. ”I can manage taking on vampires but working with the CS, that I can't stand. I don't care if they are for the good of mankind. This whole plan reeks of subterfuge and sabotage. Mark my words, someone is going to get fucked on this deal and I hope I won't be us. I just wanted to let my voice be on the record. That being said, I'll go where ever you guys need me, just keep a third eye open.” With that emotional outburst, Ernstweavel returns to sit and drink his coffee. After he is finished, he checks his gear and asks around to see if thing need help being completed before they head out.

Vampires and the CS. Fucking shit. They are making me work for my pay. There better be some hazard pay as a bonus. At least with vampires you know where they sit. The CS, not so much. Better keep my guard up from now on. No telling what’s going to happen now.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 8 | 1d100 = 16

Samantha listens intently when Wolcott starts to discuss the next mission. Vampires?, Samantha shakes her head in <insert word here>. I have only been here a few months, seen demons and monsters. Magic, super-science, and even special materials. I shouldn't be surprised they have sparkly vampires as well. As Wolcott moved on to discuss the mission, It didn't seem to be too odd, or difficult. Go to point A, collect object X, go to point B, deliver object X, get paid. What was odd about this, was how Wolcott addressed the CS, and the wary looks given around the group.

I'll need to talk to John or Rocky about Vampires and the CS. Somethings wrong, and I'm not seeing it. I know the CS have a creepy them to their equipment. But John and Tesla are good people.

Samantha finally speaks up, and directs her comments to Wolcott. "This sounds right up our alley, and it shouldn't be a problem. I dealt with the CS back when MercTown was being attacked by demons. I think I can work with them in dealing with us, especially if we have something they need."

After the meeting, Samantha pulls Rocky and John aside to get some more information about Vampires. "Guys, what's the skinny on Vampires? Do they really sparkle in the sunlight, and have extraordinary speed, agility, and strength?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:24 am

"Like any big organization there are individuals in the Coalition that can be dealt with but Rocky makes good points. D-bees and spellcasters are always going to be at risk around them. We'll need to be careful."

When asked about Vampires John is happy to answer. "Sparkle? No," John draws out the 'no' with a note of confusion, then, remembering Sam isn't exactly a native says, "Why, do they sparkle in your dimension? Here they burn and are destroyed within a few minutes in daylight. As to the rest, well, most of the old stories have at least a hint of truth. Strength, speed, stakes to the heart, mind powers, seduction, it's all true. You could launch every weapon you have on that plane of yours at a vampire and it would just smile and keep on coming." Sparkle in the sunlight? What a bunch of nonsense.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:00 pm

((rolls carried over))

Samantha digests what John was saying, So, no sparkle vampires. For a moment her heart sank, she had hoped a bit too much that there was some form of information from her dimension or time had been left on this version of Earth. "So, after the 'Rain of Death', there wasn't very much art and media that had survived. But one of the major movies that survived was known as the 'Twilight Saga'."

She looks to see if John and Rocky understand some of the information she's relaying. "During the reconstruction era, someone in their infinite wisdom paid a lot of money to find copies of movies, art, anything and everything. Then digitized it all. They claimed it was to keep our history, culture, you get the deal. In any case, the Twilight Movies were what we called a cult classic. Along with 'Hot Tub Time Machine' and 'Prince of Persia'."

"There were other TV and movie's that survived as well. A popular one was 'Power Rangers' and a show called 'Gilligan's Island'. I believe the latter was chronicling the lives of actual stranded people on an island."

"Anyways," she changes the subject. "I believe I am getting off track. So if my fighter can't destroy them, what can I build, buy, or install, to get something that can destroy them. Do you think I can build a big enough light source that can mimic the sun? Are they susceptible to ultra-violet light? Or will lasers work?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 3
JIC d20: 1d20 = 7
JIC d100: 1d100 = 45

Samantha finally speaks up and directs her comments to Wolcott. "This sounds right up our alley, and it shouldn't be a problem. I dealt with the CS back when MercTown was being attacked by demons. I think I can work with them in dealing with us, especially if we have something they need."


When Rocky hears this he isn’t too surprised, it will be simple if the CS group will keep it’s word. He is a bit worried, about protecting the convoy. “Need to make sure we have weapons that can deal death to the vamps and all their kind. What do I have. Need stakes and hopefully some charms of protection.”

After the meeting, Samantha pulls Rocky and John aside to get some more information about Vampires. "Guys, what's the skinny on Vampires? Do they really sparkle in the sunlight, and have extraordinary speed, agility, and strength?"


John draws out the 'no' with a note of confusion, then, remembering Sam isn't exactly a native says, "Why, do they sparkle in your dimension? Here they burn and are destroyed within a few minutes in daylight. As to the rest, well, most of the old stories have at least a hint of truth. Strength, speed, stakes to the heart, mind powers, seduction, it's all true. You could launch every weapon you have on that plane of yours at a vampire and it would just smile and keep on coming."


Rocky lets John speak first. He then adds, “They are supernatural like John says, but they live to kill humans, there are many types. Let me show you the information from the computer.”

Computer Operation―100% 1d100 = 22
Rocky also uses his Psyscape ability to get any extra information on the vamps
ID Supernatural: 88% 1d100 = 85

Rocky opens his computer form phase world and has it show information about vampires. He adds a bit more, “Across the Rio Grande, Vampires rule. On this side of the river, they say there are occasional vamp attack. Those I have witness. Some say there are more then we know about. I have heard rumors, that there are some of them in Merctown.”

Rocky looks at Samm, “If we are going in that direction we need to make sure the convoy is ready to battle those creatures. The silver can harm them, but to actually kill them we need better things. I would suggest we get John to look into some magic charms to protect us against them and some of our party to get wooden stakes and water guns, no cannons, be better, and we need the convoy to be equipped too.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 pm

John's eyes light up in recognition of Gilligan's Island, "I watched vid files of that when I was a kid."

"As strange as it might sound given how unnatural they seem," John says explaining more of the vulnerabilities of vampires, "The more natural the weapon the more it hurts them. Like Rocky said, silver, wood, and moving water. Sadly no technological light has any effect. Even this," he says chanting a brief incantation and bringing forth a small magical sphere of daylight that lights up an area of about seventy feet, "can only keep them at bay at its edge, it can't kill them. The canon you have might be able to be loaded with wooden or silver ammunition. Or maybe some kind of water tank and gun could be fitted. Another thing you can do is paint a cross on lights but that will only trick the weakest and dumbest vampires."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Local Conditions wrote:FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Town Square
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1140, September 13 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

(AHH AHH)
"Yeah, we don't want to be ambushed and robbed by our customers," Walcott says, beginning to answer Rocky's question. She moves on to answer John's question though, without finishing Rocky's question, "We are meeting them in Gallup, close but not quite the big vamp territory." As the conversation between John, Sam, Rocky and Ernstweavel (henceforth "E"), winds down Walcott finally comes back round to Rocky. She says, tapping her pad, "I think, I think we'll be okay, Rocky." She shows him the pad and on it she has marked Fort Commanche, Lone Star, Silvereno, Gallup with some squiggly lines running between them. Pointing at Lone Star she says, "They seem to be conspicuously avoiding Lone Star and any of its outposts." Then she traces the line from Fort Comanche to Silvereno to Gallup. "See here, there are other places they could buy this stuff, but they are going out of the way to stay away from CS bases and controlled areas." She puts the notepad down on nearest horizontal surface and ponders it. "The only reason I know they are CS is because they pulled in a marker to prove they were good for the money, and to make the down payment. Otherwise, they are really covering the Coalition angle up. I do not think they will be this cautious and blow their cover just to smoke our convoy." She looks at the pad a little bit longer as if trying to solve a problem on she can see. She finally grabs it and stuffs it back in a thigh pocket. "I only just learned of these Expeditionary Force soldiers. It seems that they are more independent than normal troops. And they are almost always undercover. What their goal or big mission is, that remains a mystery."

Walcott takes a step towards Sam, looking her in the eye. "You guys are in, right? You'll be ready to leave at dawn?"

What are you doing?

GM Note:There is almost 24 hours until wheels up. Post what you want to do in that time: shopping, tinkering, rituals, flirting, seeing movies, learning to cook burritos, etc. Now's your chance! Ugh, I mentioned shopping. PM me shopping lists in as much painful detail as possible if you want something. If I have to look anything up, you don't get it! HA!

You asked for it.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 43
JIC d20: 1d20 = 4
JIC d100: 1d100 = 41

Rocky responds to Walcotts question about if they are in, “The boss says we are in, then we are in.” "I whish that walcott didn't bring this up on us at thee last minute. Only 24 hours to get things."

Rocky looks at the magic users of the group, “Miyitowin, John, Ernstweavel we need magic protection against Mind Control, magic items Anti- vamps. We don’t need those things getting into one of our minds and using us against the others. Check with Grandmother and Murk they might have some ideas.” "Protections and Luck is what we need when dealing with Vamps and a rogue CS unit."

He looks at Samm, Daphane, and Raga, “We have to work out the common stuff, Water guns, Stake Shooters, and Silver Weapons. Exploding Wood, Water, Silver, Sam can you rig a couple of drop tanks for spraying with water for you craft? Most of all we have to also think about the CS. Everyone should have some sort of anti-vamp weapons.”

Rocky looks around for grenades and wood to improvise as an Anti vamp weapon. Silvertipped weapons like Spears.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:05 pm

INTERLUDE

Fort Comanche has a lot going on. A lot more than I know about at this moment. I need some time to read up on all the New West which was made readily apparent in Radio Free Merctown #28

Over the next TWO WEEKS please write an INTERLUDE about the time in Fort Comanche. This can be a flashback, a random side quest, or just bumming around town. Be creative, anything goes. Just don't kill other PCs or key NPCs. For example, falling in love with Walcott is probably fine, but writing in her death is not fine.

But! You don't off that easy! Roll a 1d4 and incorporate this result into your interlude:
1. Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Insanities if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.

2. Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?

3. Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?

4. Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 pm

But! You don't off that easy! Roll a 1d4 and incorporate this result into your interlude:
1d4 = 1

1. Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Insanities if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.


As Rocky settles in with his current group and they talk about what has happened Miyitowin friend was capable of going into the earth and grabbing the Post of the warriors. This reminded Rocky about how he and a earth elemental god, Dao, had a disagreement, and what started the whole escapade.

“Well as some of you know earth elementals and I have a so so relationship. What you may not know is how it all began. I was with DRS, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and we were hired to go and do some work, we never figured out what that work really was. But I was the head of DRS at the time and the Lady that was asking for our help was in a uniform but not one I recognized, she had pointy ears of an elf but I don’t think she was. Well we get to our location where we would be transported to the job site. And we had a night to do what we wanted before we left.

As it was she and I hooked up and had a nice night. Till I woke up to the scream of the maid coming in. There besides me was the lovely lady with her throat slit. Blood all over everywhere. I informed the team, and they advised that we run, we were set up. I stayed there till the Police forces came by because I had dealt with them earlier. The chief said He would take me in. just as a formality. There Psi’s said I didn’t do this. On the way down my team reported that there were people in the roof tops with rifles.

I informed the Chief, He said, let’s play this out, take you weapons and get ready. So, we go out and of course all hell breaks out. I ghost, out of the handcuffs and get my weapons. My team is attacked at several position we end up taking most of the bad guys out. There is this one lady though that retreats and then we get to a portal and all of a sudden a Earth Elemental starts beating up on the team.

Nothing we do seems to bother it so I try to force the elemental out by taking it over. Bad mistake the elemental god comes into my mind and tells me he is very displeased with how I treated is part. I explain but he isn’t amused. When I wake the team is OK the elemental is gone along with the one we were tracking. From that time on, concerning Elementals, I ask Dao for permission. I don’t want him pissed of at me he scared the shit out of me.”


Rocky looks around to some Anti Vampire stuff the common type. water guns, Grenades with silver outsides, wooden stakes. Any large logs, he will try to get the locals to produce with explosives so they act like claymore mines, hell he will buy claymore mines. Potatoe launchers and packs of pencils should make a suprising rail gun subsitute
Last edited by Rocky on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:14 am

Perception:1d100 = 20 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 65
Conditions: (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 311 PPE)
Maniacal Laugh wrote:Local Conditions wrote:FORT COMANCHE
• Location: Town Square
• Population: 22,600
• Time: 1140, September 13 110 PA
• Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
• Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
• Visibility: Good, sunlight


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAg ... sp=sharing

(AHH AHH)
"Yeah, we don't want to be ambushed and robbed by our customers," Walcott says, beginning to answer Rocky's question. She moves on to answer John's question though, without finishing Rocky's question, "We are meeting them in Gallup, close but not quite the big vamp territory." As the conversation between John, Sam, Rocky and Ernstweavel (henceforth "E"), winds down Walcott finally comes back round to Rocky. She says, tapping her pad, "I think, I think we'll be okay, Rocky." She shows him the pad and on it she has marked Fort Commanche, Lone Star, Silvereno, Gallup with some squiggly lines running between them. Pointing at Lone Star she says, "They seem to be conspicuously avoiding Lone Star and any of its outposts." Then she traces the line from Fort Comanche to Silvereno to Gallup. "See here, there are other places they could buy this stuff, but they are going out of the way to stay away from CS bases and controlled areas." She puts the notepad down on nearest horizontal surface and ponders it. "The only reason I know they are CS is because they pulled in a marker to prove they were good for the money, and to make the down payment. Otherwise, they are really covering the Coalition angle up. I do not think they will be this cautious and blow their cover just to smoke our convoy." She looks at the pad a little bit longer as if trying to solve a problem on she can see. She finally grabs it and stuffs it back in a thigh pocket. "I only just learned of these Expeditionary Force soldiers. It seems that they are more independent than normal troops. And they are almost always undercover. What their goal or big mission is, that remains a mystery."

Walcott takes a step towards Sam, looking her in the eye. "You guys are in, right? You'll be ready to leave at dawn?"

What are you doing?

I don’t know. The CS is the CS. You don’t expect a dragon to be something other than a dragon. Whatever. I need money and a job is a job. Got to ask around for some vamp protection ideas.

Rocky wrote: “The boss says we are in, then we are in.”

”Yes, I agree with Rocky. I just want to voice my concerns and say “I told you so, now, before it turn into a shit show.” Ernstweavel says, sitting back down to enjoy the rest of his coffee. He stats to make a mental check list in preparation of their departure. Not have too much knowledge on vampires, just some basics, he goes around and asks the other team members for bits of advice. ”Does any one know what I can do to prevent these blood suckers from taking over my mind? Other than water, silver and wood, is there anything else that could kill them?
Last edited by Ernstweavel on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:16 am

Maniacal Laugh wrote:INTERLUDE

Fort Comanche has a lot going on. A lot more than I know about at this moment. I need some time to read up on all the New West which was made readily apparent in Radio Free Merctown #28

Over the next TWO WEEKS please write an INTERLUDE about the time in Fort Comanche. This can be a flashback, a random side quest, or just bumming around town. Be creative, anything goes. Just don't kill other PCs or key NPCs. For example, falling in love with Walcott is probably fine, but writing in her death is not fine.

But! You don't off that easy! Roll a 1d4 and incorporate this result into your interlude:
1. Tragedy: Describe a tale of tragedy or misfortune from your hero’s past, featuring one of his Insanities if possible. If the teller has a dark secret of some kind, hint strongly at it, drop clues, or otherwise give the rest of the group a glimpse into your hero’s dark side during your narrative.

2. Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?

3. Love: Speak fondly of the character’s greatest love—lost, found, or waiting on him back home. What is her name? Where does she live? Why is the traveler not with her now?

4. Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.


Interlude Roll: 1d4 = 2

Interlude:
Perception:1d100 = 76 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 4
Conditions: (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 311 PPE)

In the evening as the group, Ernstweavel has a sense of calm come over him. This feeling doesn’t happen for the spellcaster. He takes every moment to enjoy the feeling while he can. Reminiscing about past accomplishments bring him back to when he was in the mages guild. ”have I ever told you guys about the time when I was indebted to a mage’s guild? They went by the name of Figadan U’Krack. I know not the best of names but then I didn’t pick them. Thats a tale for another time, tho They constantly would force me into hand to hand combat tournaments. the rules were simple enough, too. No magic, no special powers, just raw physical power. Other than that, anything went. I would always lose in the first round or two. But then there was this one time when I actually won.” Pausing for a moment, as if to recall something or think about his next set of words.

”The first round was pretty straight forward. An new accolade and he was not too difficult. The next round took a bit longer. As a true Atlantean. she was much strong and faster than I am. Shuk’ela was her name if I can recall correctly and man could she hit hard. I can still feel my ribs hurting all these years later. Her fists were fast but not her mind. I don’t think she could outsmart even a house fly. The key to winning against her was to take a beating until the right moment and Wham! uppercut to the jaw and lights out princess. By this time Ernsweavel has gotten up from where he was sitting and is prancing about, shadow boxing imingary opponents.

Breathing heavy, Ernstweavel calms down for a moment. I hope no one knows why I always lost. God! If they only knew. Keep going and tell the story, then I can go back to being quiet. I just got to give them enough not to want more. ”You know the last round was just as physical as it was mental.” Ernstweavel shifted his stance and demeanor to a more somber tone. ”I remember this one crystal clear. Sweat was poor down my face. I was having difficulty breathing, as well. The moment the fight began I began to lose my senses. My vision started to blur at first, then my.whole body went numb. The next fury of attack came as a blur. All I know is that when he finished his attack, I was standing behind him. Without hesitation, I tackled him to the ground. We struggled a bit but in the end I got him in a choke hold. I had won by submission, which surprised even me. No one ever suspected me to win. Good thing we always had a wager going, too.”

Ernstweavel takes a second to catch his breath while he sits down. He takes a drink to moisten his throat. Having a bit of a satisfactory smile across his face, he continues his story. ”Well with that win, it earned me enough money to pay off my debt. I hung around a few more months, just to make sure i didn’t seem too ungrateful. First chance I got I left. Then about a year after that I ran into you guys."
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Maniacal Laugh wrote:But! You don't off that easy! Roll a 1d4 and incorporate this result into your interlude:

4. Desire: Tell a tale about something your hero wants (or already has). It might be a material possession, recognition, a political goal, or even a trip he wishes to take to some amazing destination.

1d4 = 4
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am

Interlude
Interlude: 1d4 = 2 Victory: Tell the group about a great victory or personal triumph in your adventurer’s past. How did it affect him afterward? Was there a reward?


Daphne finds the Fort Comanche to be quaint and weirdly reminiscent of her birthplace in Northern Gun. She watches people go about their lives with a mix of technology and old-world living. Daphne spends time watching the craftsman doing various works, which amuses the former Northern Gun Engineer, here I come from a place that uses technology to make even the simplest things and here they craft similar beautiful work by hand.

Later in the week Daphne watches children playing king of the hill. While sitting on a low stone wall eating a bit of jerky. Reminds me of my rise.

Memories wrote:The team was adamant that the design would fall apart, but Daphne wouldn't hear it. "I don't care what the computer model data says, she'll manage the bout just fine." He determination wasn't enough to convince the others to back her. Daphne had to pilot the experimental RCV in the Multi-man Tournament. Me and my big mouth. Daphne had thought as she sweated in her new jumpsuit.

The Arena was a mess of noise. Robots clashing like a demolition derby. Daphne's robot crouched behind the ruins of a lager frame as two Ulti-max prologues clash a few feet from her. All that was left of the twenty combatants was the two Ulti-max frames, a titan monstrosity, and Daphne. Daphne frowned at her displays. Missiles are out, Rail Gun ammo at half, and armor is showing stress fractures all over the robot. So all in all better than the other fifteen. Daphne thinks as she commands her robot up and dodges in between the the duling Ulti-Maxs and shoulder tackles the Titan. Luck apparently was with Daphne as her strike breaks something critical in its leg causing it to fall. A few quick blows to its head put the Titan down.

Daphne sat panting as she and the last remaining Ulti-max squared off. Like old-time samurai films with two samurai staring each other in hopes of striking the final blow. No Missiles, No Rail gun, Armor down to twenty percent... Yep we're doing great. The Ulti-max was apparently in much the same shape, and it moved first. Daphne's reaction was a quick sidestep and a violent haymaker to the back of the Ulti-max. Something sparks and the robots limbs go limp as it proceeds to fall on it's face.

Later Daphne sits in the company Cafeteria, her data slate filled with drawings of a UAR frame. Her winnings allowing her to finally build a robot of her own.


Daphne spends a lot of time fiddling with the Kittani Fighter, checking and re-checking it's systems.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Interlude Roll: 1d4 = 1

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 51

Conditions: Sustain (12 days), Energy Sphere (30 days, 500 PPE)

The cawing wasn't a welcome sound. John is walking down a dusty side street of Fort Comanche when he hears it. His gaze shoots upwards expecting to see a mass of crows. The ritual failed! I must warn the others! Instead he sees a pair of ravens wheeling down towards him and as they get closer the cawing begins to sound like laughter; mocking, sarcastic laughter at that. He recognizes the pair as they alight on the dead branch of a tree.

"Not you two again," he says to Odin's familiars. "Look, I'm Ragnarok'd out. You gotta prevent this one without me."

One of them has a a light-colored band around one leg which it slips off and tosses at him while the other caws, “CATCH! CATCH!”

John snatches the ring out of the air and with a flap of their wings the two ravens launch themselves into the air and away into the distance. The mocking laughter seems to continue for a bit even after they've faded from view. He turns the ring over in his hand and realizes it's wrapped in paper. Carefully he unrolls the paper covering to find an intricately carved ring which initially appears to be made of gold but shifts as the light changes to silver, then copper, then bronze.

The paper has two words written on it, 'Þakka fyrir.' He mouths the strange phrase and is just about to chant the Eyes of Thoth incantation when the writing shifts before his eyes to read, 'Thank you.' A rush of memories come flooding back. Baldr, Loki, Thor, Hel. Fighting Mechanoids on the Rainbow Bridge of Asgard. The daring assault of Hel's lab. The trip to the Mechanoid mothership. And a final conversation with Baldr.

Memories wrote:John begins a turn to join the reverie but with a heavy sigh he turns back to face the asgardian. "You said something earlier. At the time I wasn't in the right frame of mind to pay much attention to it. You said I did great honor to my heritage. What did you mean by that?"

The Asgardian sighs. "I doubt it is fully... appropriate... for me to say much on the subject, as that is his right and his responsibility... but I know your father. Not quite as well as Freyr, of course, as he has had far more extensive dealings outside our pantheon, but I know him well enough to recognize his light in you. It flows as strongly as the waters of the Tigris, or ‘مانند آبهای تگریس جریان دارد,’ as he himself might say.” He chuckles. For a moment John could swear Baldr spoke a line in Sumerian. “Your longevity? Your durability? Your aptitude for the magical arts? You were touched by godhood, John Dresden Smith. Sired by it, in fact. I believe the term the humans like to use is ‘demigod.’” He shrugs. “Whatever you want to call it, your heritage is of the gods. A god of magic if you want to be specific. If you want to know more than that I suggest you start by looking within.”

All his life John had simply assumed his father died in the cataclysm. He'd never met him, his mother had never spoken of him, and given the billions of deaths the odds were...

But now he knows his father is not only alive, but a god. All John feels is doubt and pain. Why did he abandon me? Leave me to walk the dark ages afraid and alone? Was it me? Something I did? Am I a disappointment? Do I not measure up?

His mind swirls with questions which he tries to bury into the darkness of a pocket along with Odin's Ring.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:38 am

Local Conditions wrote:FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Town Square
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 0530, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 39, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Dawn


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

ROLLIN, ROLLIN, ROLLIN
Dawn on the high plains is fairly magical. Not just the faint glow of nearby ley lines. The sky is orange and purple. The clouds are look like fluffy rows ready for planting. The foreground elements silhouetted by the growing light, but for the moment, they are just black shapes.

Walcott and her caravan of assorted vehicles and even more diverse personnel wait for the eclectic MARS group out side of the downtown. Her vehicles are parked in a convoy to the side of the road. Engines are at idle keeping the occupants warm on this brisk morning. The air is unusually still. Even the dust seems calm at the moment.

When the MARS team arrives, Walcott immediately pulls Sam to the side and says, "We need to cover five hundred miles in the next five days." She looks west, towards the still dark horizon. Pointing vaguely she continues, "There's not much between here and Testament. We'll stop there overnight, if we've made good time." She starts walking to her lead vehicle and finishes the conversation with, "Heard lots of talk about increased Simvan raids."

Rocky wound up with a bundle of juniper and cottonwood sticks. It would make nice kindling. The odd piece of mesquite mixed in would be great for adding some flavor to the nights dinner. He has enough reasonably straight pieces of wood to make about two dozen stakes of functional length and diameter. He did find a place that had a some gear, including a couple weird TW anti-vamp things, seemed legitimate.

The Big E (that would be Ernstweavel) generally spent the remaining time in Fort Comanche telling good stories and being helpful, more or less. In the morning when it's time to be ready to go, he might be jealous of Rocky's wood...and other vampire killing stuff.

Daphne wakes up in the fighter, so she had a pretty decent two or three hours of sleep. The morning beauty is lost on her since she spends the time either prepping her gear, or staring at the new tattoos--oh shit! She didn't get any! Panic starts to set in...

For John, the knowledge of his heritage still is troubling in the morning, so he also might not be able to appreciate the stunning dawn. But the ring is probably worth it. It has a beauty all its own.

Donkey again. Raga wakes with the most vigor and (relative) charm. His donkey dreams were sweet.

Miyi is most certainly appreciating the morning light. But she is less aware at this moment that the mission is about to commence and sits contemplating the dawn removed from the rest of the MARS team.

All in all, MARS is approaching almost ready to roll.

What are you doing?

Rocky Gone Shoppin'
  1. 24 wood stakes -- 20 cr
  2. 2 x TW Globe of Daylight Flares -- 2,000 cr ea.
  3. 150 wood rounds for C-40R or NG-202 rail guns -- 1500 cr
  4. 1 box 25 round silver shotgun shells -- 150cr
  5. 1 silver plated vibro-knife -- 21,000 cr
  6. 4 x CS Fragmentation grenades -- 250 cr ea
  7. 2 x CS Heavy High Explosive grenades -- 275 cr ea
  8. 2x wooden hafted spears with silver blades -- 300 cr ea


GM Note:Someone (probably Tiree) should outline a marching order and a list of who is where. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.

You know what time it is!
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 11 | 1d100 = 35

Walcott wrote:When the MARS team arrives, Walcott immediately pulls Sam to the side and says, "We need to cover five hundred miles in the next five days." She looks west, towards the still dark horizon. Pointing vaguely she continues, "There's not much between here and Testament. We'll stop there overnight, if we've made good time." She starts walking to her lead vehicle and finishes the conversation with, "Heard lots of talk about increased Simvan raids."

"Five hundred miles in five days, that sounds extremely doable." She walks with Walcott and listens to the comments about Simvan's. "Understood, we will put some eye's in the sky. We will roll out of here in thirty minutes."

As Samantha walks away and back toward the barge she radio's the team, "Everyone on the top deck of the Barge in five minutes."

When she gets there, she barks out some marching orders. "Daphne, your going to be eyes in the sky. I would like you to get to altitude and set a perimeter of twenty miles around the group." She looks at the others, "Rocky, I'll have you take point in your hover jeep, Walcott's vehicles in the center, and the Barge will take up the rear. Pick someone to ride shotgun with you, the rest can stay on the Barge. We do have some intelligence that Simvan's are in the area."

She looks at John and Miyo, "Were the two of you able to complete your magic, circle writing work? Do you need more time? Can you do it while we travel?" She asks not fully understanding the magical ways.

"Okay everyone, we are moving out in," she looks at her watch. "Twenty minutes."

Now came the hard part, she had to address her lack of information within the Rifts Earth, not understanding what she is getting into. "Rocky stay back for a minute." When the two of them are private, she asks the Psi-Ghost what is eating at her. "You know I'm not from around here, well I am at a loss on this one. What the heck are Simvan? Apparently Walcott received some reliable intelligence they are in our path."

OOC Comments
I think Rocky brought his hover vehicle, if not let me know.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:32 am

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 68
JIC: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 63

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Morning finds John sitting on the edge of the barge with his feet dangling over the side. He's staring right into the sunrise but doesn't really see it. With the light growing brighter Sharak launches himself into the sky in another futile search for prey. The bird has yet to ever find a proper bio-mechanical creature to feast upon but he's ever hopeful.

'Why sad,' Sharak inquires sensing his mood through the mystical bond they share.

'Why indeed,' John muses. 'Yesterday I was certain of my place, now, I'm not. Why was I abandoned here for three hundred years?'

Such a passage of time is a foreign concept for the avian biomech but he tries to make his partner feel better. 'Not abandoned. Have me. Have friends.'

'I appreciate that. And you're right, but it's not the same.'

John's reverie is broken by Sam's appearance. "No," he says with a shake of his head, "I, umm, got sidetracked." The hesitation is clear in his tone, and very un-John like. He stands and sticks his hands in his pockets then quickly, and visibly, recoils and pulls them back out again as his fingers brush against the ring. "I need a way to etch the symbols into the deck plates. I could use chalk or paint but I wanted something more permanent that could be reused. Any ideas?"
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:18 pm

((rolls carried over))

John wrote:John's reverie is broken by Sam's appearance. "No," he says with a shake of his head, "I, umm, got sidetracked." The hesitation is clear in his tone, and very un-John like. He stands and sticks his hands in his pockets then quickly, and visibly, recoils and pulls them back out again as his fingers brush against the ring. "I need a way to etch the symbols into the deck plates. I could use chalk or paint but I wanted something more permanent that could be reused. Any ideas?"


"What tools do you need?" Sam asks inquisitively. "I should have some tools in my work chest that can do the trick for you. Feel free to use any that are in there, just put back what you use. After we get moving, and you need some help, let me know I'll do what I can."

She looks back at Daphne, "Daphne, I forgot to add. Every few hours of flying, we will swap places. It should allow us a chance to rest our eyes and make sure we aren't too tired to keep the convoy safe.

I hope I am making the right decisions, she furrows her brow a little. It's one thing keeping my team safe, but a convoy of civilians they may or may not know what they are getting themselves into.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:00 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 22
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14
JIC d100: 1d100 = 21


Rocky Gone Shoppin'
OOC Comments
Rocky finds some interesting items that he will purchase. He thinks of more than himself as always, and makes sure there is something for everyone. He has several ways of paying the most convient are :
Worn on Person
Non-secure Universal Card: 2,588 (in a protective slip-cover and around his neck on a zip-cord) (TGM 24SEP2011)
500,000 UTC

But he also brought weapons for barter.


1. 24 wood stakes -- 20 cr Spend 480 cr for 20
2. 2 x TW Globe of Daylight Flares -- 2,000 cr ea. 4,000 cr for 2
3. 150 wood rounds for C-40R or NG-202 rail guns -- 1500 cr for 150 rounds
4. 1 box 25 round silver shotgun shells – 150 cr /round 3750 for 1 box
5. 1 silver plated vibro-knife -- 21,000 cr 21,000 for 1
6. 4 x CS Fragmentation grenades -- 250 cr ea 1000 cr for 4
7. 2 x CS Heavy High Explosive grenades -- 275 cr ea 550 for 2
8. 2x wooden hafted spears with silver blades -- 300 cr ea 600 for 2
Total 32,880
Rocky went shopping for the group making sure there is something for everyone.


As he brings the items back to camp he tells everyone. "Come look see. what your Uncle Rocky got all you good boys and girls. everyone can have a couple of wooden stakes. Remember if the Vamp goes down they still regenerate, you need to stake them cut off their heads then burn them in separate piles apart from each other, a distance apart. We have a couple of daylight flares if we are attacked by a bunch. I like a couple of mages to carry them. I picked up some wood rounds for a rail gun, I can't remember if anyone has a rail gun. and silver shotgun rounds. The silver Vibro-dagger for close in combat. Two silver tipped spears. They also have wooden shafts. I also picked up some bits and pieces of fire wood, not to mention the grenades. Remember a grenade to a wooden shack near the vamp will send splinters into them. Go at it, my friends." " I have the thunder gun and Psi-sword, I can lob off the heads, might be good." the stuff that no one picks up he will position or store on the barge.

"Now I want everyone to carry some of the items but let us not forget we have other enemies that might want to attack. Keep your regular weapons handy and don't let your guard down, report anything you think is suspicious, I rather be safe than sorry."

Rocky uses his 3D computer to show Samm what Simvans are and then tells them about them. "OK, Simvans are known as Monster Riders, they have Psi Powers at least most do, they have this thing about taming riding Dinosaurs and other wild tough animals. Those in the sky look for heat source might try to hide themselves on the ley side of an hill or in river beds. They like to ride in quick, hit hard, then grab what they need and leave. They are nomadic and there might be a village somewhere. I heard tales of some even riding flying dinos.”

When the time comes to head out Rocky will be in his jeep with anyone else who wants to tag along.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1120, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

'CAUSE I'M THE HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, AND I'M THE DRIFTER
Caravans are not agile entities. The twenty minutes go by. Things are almost ready. At 45 minutes all of Walcott's vehicles are actually moving. And an hour later they are on their way and out on the dusty highway.

Daphne took up her spot overhead in the fighter. Rocky rolls ahead of the heavy vehicles, his jeep rolling over the plains with ease. The Beckett's barge is at the rear of the convoy. Walcott's vehicles settle into an intentional order as well: right behind Rocky is a Mountaineer pulling a large cargo trailer. Two large clunky heavy cargo vehicles also pulling trailers follow the lead Mountaineer. Next, a giant Wolftrack, also with a large cargo trailer follows. Another Mountaineer with a utility trailer rounds out the heavy convoy vehicles. A hover cycle rides along either side. The last vehicle is Walcott's, a heavily modified aircar, which she keeps on station above the convoy.

Any semblance of a road disappears quickly but for hundreds of years before paved roads, the Arkansa River was a thoroughfare for man and beast. The caravan is sticking to the north side of the river, and will hold that for 300 miles or so. Then they will turn away from the river and strike out northwest another 150 miles or so to Testament.

Flowers Amid the Prairie
Image


A solid 50-60 mile an hour pace held for most of the morning. One of the half tracks threw a track around 10:30. It was a quick repair but it still set them back 40 minutes or so. They had to pass through a wide sandy field, a few miles across. The heavier vehicles got a little bogged down, but no problems really. That cost probably another 30 or so minutes. So by lunch time, they'd covered about 150 miles.

One good thing about a convoy like this, even though it's slow, even though it's an easy target, it turns out that the Mountaineer hauling the repair trailer is a chuckwagon!
Image

What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Someone (probably Tiree) should outline a marching order and a list of who is where.
  2. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles


More country? Nope!
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

PreviousNext

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest