Adventure 5: The Old Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE),

Ernstweavel takes turn with whoever is piloting one of the hovercycles. When he is not on one of the hovercycles he spends the remaining time on MARS' barge. When he is up in the air by himself, he enjoys the sights of the rolling hills laden with flowers. Whenever he gets a chance he check to see if he can sense for the opening of any rifts to look for the Traveler from his past. Shortly after that his anxiety would skyrocket. Ernstweavel would have to focus on the flowers to take his mind off the rifts and clam him down.

When the time comes to stop and settle down for lunch, Ernstweavel is taken back by the fact that one of their cargo trailers is actually serves as a chuck wagon. First half of the day down deserves a good meal. Better get one in before anything attacks. Hope the next couole of days will be just like today so far. Wanting a bit of company Ernstweavel is the first to speak up. ”Like my dad always said, 'You can call me whatever you want but don’t call me late for dinner'. Anyone know what's on the menu for lunch? I sure am hungry. He rubs his stomach and licks his lips as if he can already taste the food.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:06 pm

On to Testament

Perception: 40%1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 72

Rocky spends his time in the hover jeep keeping close to the convoy. He keeps his eyes scanning outward always looking for something out there. “Keep your eyes open Rocky old boy. They are out there somewhere and they want this convoy. It is just a matter of time before they show up.”

Rocky notice the chuck wagon and then thinks of his earlier days down in the Pecos, “Yep, the Chuck wagon leads the main heard. That way if it breaks down, everyone stops, to make sure it gets up and going. After all, where is everyone going to get food.”

He remembers the Mesquite chips and makes a call over the radio, “Hey Cookie, Recon One here, I have some mesquite you can smoke some meat for us. Make a fine meal. I’ll get it for you when we stop next.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1120, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

HEY, LET'S SING THE BARBECUE SONG
If Rocky was expecting instant gratification with his mesquite, he wasn't disappointed! The "cookie" grinned a snarly grackle tooth grin as he accepted Rocky's wood. The savory smell of the mesquite floats across the caravan, strongest downwind of the chuck wagon, but it's pungent enough to cover the entire convoy. A little while later, longer than a hungry traveller might want, Rocky is the first recipient of a big bowl of beans and a fat juicy t-bone from some sort of meaty critter. It is trail food, but it's the best kind of trail food. Rocky feels a little bit like a nap afterwards, but for most of the crew, he's gone up several notches in prestige.

In the merc hierarchy, the MARS gang ranks far above the outriders for Walcott's convoy. So when the mysterious line walker offers to take a spell guarding the flank, the merc concedes without much argument. It's a nice hoverbike though, Earnstweavel can't identify it. Lots of power, heavy armor, nose laser. Good stuff.

At chow time, Big E (as in Ernstweavel) isn't next in line for the food, but he's close to the front. He gets a nifty slice of mystery meet too, exhibiting all the qualities of a rib-eye. He gets a sloppy bean bowl too. Just like momma Weavel used to make.

What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Someone (probably Tiree) should outline a marching order and a list of who is where.
  2. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 1

As the Caravan stopped due to a thrown track, Samantha helps out with the vehicles. Her skills in tanks and tracked vehicles were one of the first things she had to work on. Not to mention, every tanker worth their salt had put tracks back on their own vehicle. "Let me help you guys out," she offers in her personal power armor, a suit she custom built to enhance her abilities especially in situations like this. Nothing like putting tracks back on a tank to make a girl feel back in training. Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 19 / 95% | Pilot: Tanks & APCs -- 1d100 = 60 / 114%

Once they stopped for lunch, she could see the chuck wagon stop to make lunch. Samantha gets to her Logan and takes flight, "Daphne head on down and get some ground time. Grab a bite, I'll cover for a while in the air. Rocky, you have ground command, let's keep the same marching order as before."

Marching Orders:
  1. Lynx Hoverjeep: Rocky - Hovercar
  2. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified): Walcott
  3. Mountaineer (Chuck Wagon)
  4. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  5. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  6. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
  7. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
  8. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified)
  9. Barge
  10. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles running on the sides
  11. Air Support: Samantha and Daphne swapping places ever 2 to 3 hours of flight time.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Perception:1d100 = 91 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 13
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

As the cook seves up the meal, the steam and smell rise from his plate and fill gis nose with yummy goodness.his stomach lets out a iud growl in anticipation of devouring the beans and rib eye. If only we can have a meal like this every time. After Ernstweavel finishes his meal, he makes it a point to find the cook. “Thanks for the meal, my friend. It was so delicious, just want I needed. I'll be looking foward to dinner if it's anything like lunch.” He wonders a round a bit to keep his legs srteched for the second half of the day. When Ernstweavel returns back to the group he makes sure that he stays in the loop of information. ”So, what's the plan for the second half of the day? Are we going to keep the olan the same, since it went so smoothly? Knock on wood.” Ernstweavel sits back and waits for a response from the team, at the same time he steches his stomach and lets out a reverberating belch as a sign of a good meal.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 5
Conditions: None.

"Roger." Daphne brings the transformable fighter in for a landing. Switching from forward momentum to VTOL land near the caravan. Daphne puts the fighter in standby mode and unclips her harness and unfastens her helmet to set up on the dash. Daphne twists her neck to work out a nagging crick. Once her neck pops, Daphne sighs and climbs out of the fighter hopping to the dirt below. Hmmm... food. Daphne thinks as she approaches the chuck wagon.

When the cookie hands Daphne her meat and beans, she smiles. "Thank you kindly." Daphne says before making her way to the rest of the group. "How's everyone doing?" Daphne asks while plopping down on the ground. Daphne digs into her food and is pleased that it tastes good. "Certainly better than some of the rations I used to eat in Ishpeming. Dad would always bring home his spares to make food stretch."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 19
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 66

Rocky eats a quick meal so that he can get back to his position at the head of the convoy. “This is great, wide open spaces, river off to the left hills to the right the hills are always good for Simvans to attack from, so that is where the smart money would say they would be. Now the sneak attack should be from the river. Damn, paranoia has them attacking from under the ground.”

Over the Radio, “Hurry up people, this isn’t an hour-long lunch break. Plenty of time to get some shut eye once we get to night camp.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1720, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

THE END OF A HUNDRED YEAR WALTZ
Sam clearly was the lead, but she was pleasantly surprised by the capableness of Walcott's crew. It was a terribly complicated, but field repairs are always more exciting than in the field. Mud (from somewhere) caked the mechanisms and grass was twisted in wrist thick bundles, strong as steel cables wrapped around anything that turned. It was dirty and strenuous work, event though the technical difficulty was quite low. Fixed and moving again, everything seemed as good as new, or as good as the worn heavily used work-horse of a vehicle the half-track truly was.

The meal isn't rushed but it isn't leisurely either. It's efficient. It takes exactly as long as it needs to, the cookie wrapping things up with the same surliness he portioned it out with.

With a very old fashioned "Move'em out!" Walcott's trail boss hollers. On her signal the caravan lurches forward. The heavy vehicles make all sorts of groaning and grinding noises (good and bad) as they struggle to fight their massive inertia and attain some semblance of forward motion.

The next 50 miles or so is torturous. Max speed for everything that flies below 50 feet is around 20 or 25 miles per hour. Rocky outcroppings and weird mushroom growths that explode in noxious puffs when anyone passes with a few feet of them make a maze of impassible terrain. The hills recede to their right a few miles, but the sandhills have caved in leaving sandy cliffs that would be difficult to cross with the vehicles.

Difficult to cross by vehicles, but not by the agile ostrasaurus.

Four hours after they pass the happy mushroom land (thank goodness for EBA!) Daphne sees movement on the other side of the hills, out north a ways. Maybe twenty miles, there's a hundred or so ostrasaurus with about eight simvan riding herd. They're running hard west, parallel to the caravan's route.

The caravan is crossing a broad, flat plain, full of tall grasses rooted in the sandy soil. It's the most generous land they've crossed in hours. They see a few giant dragonflies, maybe three or four feet long, but they seem benign. The mosquitos, while not giant or otherwise fantastical, are still bad.

Walcott radios in to Beckett, "We're gonna stop and let the engines cool down, any reason we shouldn't?
What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 29

Rocky after hearing that there are possible unfriendly in the area. is a bit on edge? When he hears Walcott mention shutting the engines down he Speaks up, "Recon one here, Might be a good idea to stop and check what the Simvans are doing but we need to find a good area that we can defend. I don’t like the idea that Simvans are so close.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron