Adventure 5: The Old Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE),

Ernstweavel takes turn with whoever is piloting one of the hovercycles. When he is not on one of the hovercycles he spends the remaining time on MARS' barge. When he is up in the air by himself, he enjoys the sights of the rolling hills laden with flowers. Whenever he gets a chance he check to see if he can sense for the opening of any rifts to look for the Traveler from his past. Shortly after that his anxiety would skyrocket. Ernstweavel would have to focus on the flowers to take his mind off the rifts and clam him down.

When the time comes to stop and settle down for lunch, Ernstweavel is taken back by the fact that one of their cargo trailers is actually serves as a chuck wagon. First half of the day down deserves a good meal. Better get one in before anything attacks. Hope the next couole of days will be just like today so far. Wanting a bit of company Ernstweavel is the first to speak up. ”Like my dad always said, 'You can call me whatever you want but don’t call me late for dinner'. Anyone know what's on the menu for lunch? I sure am hungry. He rubs his stomach and licks his lips as if he can already taste the food.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:06 pm

On to Testament

Perception: 40%1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 72

Rocky spends his time in the hover jeep keeping close to the convoy. He keeps his eyes scanning outward always looking for something out there. “Keep your eyes open Rocky old boy. They are out there somewhere and they want this convoy. It is just a matter of time before they show up.”

Rocky notice the chuck wagon and then thinks of his earlier days down in the Pecos, “Yep, the Chuck wagon leads the main heard. That way if it breaks down, everyone stops, to make sure it gets up and going. After all, where is everyone going to get food.”

He remembers the Mesquite chips and makes a call over the radio, “Hey Cookie, Recon One here, I have some mesquite you can smoke some meat for us. Make a fine meal. I’ll get it for you when we stop next.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1120, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

HEY, LET'S SING THE BARBECUE SONG
If Rocky was expecting instant gratification with his mesquite, he wasn't disappointed! The "cookie" grinned a snarly grackle tooth grin as he accepted Rocky's wood. The savory smell of the mesquite floats across the caravan, strongest downwind of the chuck wagon, but it's pungent enough to cover the entire convoy. A little while later, longer than a hungry traveller might want, Rocky is the first recipient of a big bowl of beans and a fat juicy t-bone from some sort of meaty critter. It is trail food, but it's the best kind of trail food. Rocky feels a little bit like a nap afterwards, but for most of the crew, he's gone up several notches in prestige.

In the merc hierarchy, the MARS gang ranks far above the outriders for Walcott's convoy. So when the mysterious line walker offers to take a spell guarding the flank, the merc concedes without much argument. It's a nice hoverbike though, Earnstweavel can't identify it. Lots of power, heavy armor, nose laser. Good stuff.

At chow time, Big E (as in Ernstweavel) isn't next in line for the food, but he's close to the front. He gets a nifty slice of mystery meet too, exhibiting all the qualities of a rib-eye. He gets a sloppy bean bowl too. Just like momma Weavel used to make.

What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Someone (probably Tiree) should outline a marching order and a list of who is where.
  2. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 1

As the Caravan stopped due to a thrown track, Samantha helps out with the vehicles. Her skills in tanks and tracked vehicles were one of the first things she had to work on. Not to mention, every tanker worth their salt had put tracks back on their own vehicle. "Let me help you guys out," she offers in her personal power armor, a suit she custom built to enhance her abilities especially in situations like this. Nothing like putting tracks back on a tank to make a girl feel back in training. Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 19 / 95% | Pilot: Tanks & APCs -- 1d100 = 60 / 114%

Once they stopped for lunch, she could see the chuck wagon stop to make lunch. Samantha gets to her Logan and takes flight, "Daphne head on down and get some ground time. Grab a bite, I'll cover for a while in the air. Rocky, you have ground command, let's keep the same marching order as before."

Marching Orders:
  1. Lynx Hoverjeep: Rocky - Hovercar
  2. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified): Walcott
  3. Mountaineer (Chuck Wagon)
  4. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  5. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  6. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
  7. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
  8. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified)
  9. Barge
  10. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles running on the sides
  11. Air Support: Samantha and Daphne swapping places ever 2 to 3 hours of flight time.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Perception:1d100 = 91 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 13
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

As the cook seves up the meal, the steam and smell rise from his plate and fill gis nose with yummy goodness.his stomach lets out a iud growl in anticipation of devouring the beans and rib eye. If only we can have a meal like this every time. After Ernstweavel finishes his meal, he makes it a point to find the cook. “Thanks for the meal, my friend. It was so delicious, just want I needed. I'll be looking foward to dinner if it's anything like lunch.” He wonders a round a bit to keep his legs srteched for the second half of the day. When Ernstweavel returns back to the group he makes sure that he stays in the loop of information. ”So, what's the plan for the second half of the day? Are we going to keep the olan the same, since it went so smoothly? Knock on wood.” Ernstweavel sits back and waits for a response from the team, at the same time he steches his stomach and lets out a reverberating belch as a sign of a good meal.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 5
Conditions: None.

"Roger." Daphne brings the transformable fighter in for a landing. Switching from forward momentum to VTOL land near the caravan. Daphne puts the fighter in standby mode and unclips her harness and unfastens her helmet to set up on the dash. Daphne twists her neck to work out a nagging crick. Once her neck pops, Daphne sighs and climbs out of the fighter hopping to the dirt below. Hmmm... food. Daphne thinks as she approaches the chuck wagon.

When the cookie hands Daphne her meat and beans, she smiles. "Thank you kindly." Daphne says before making her way to the rest of the group. "How's everyone doing?" Daphne asks while plopping down on the ground. Daphne digs into her food and is pleased that it tastes good. "Certainly better than some of the rations I used to eat in Ishpeming. Dad would always bring home his spares to make food stretch."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 19
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 66

Rocky eats a quick meal so that he can get back to his position at the head of the convoy. “This is great, wide open spaces, river off to the left hills to the right the hills are always good for Simvans to attack from, so that is where the smart money would say they would be. Now the sneak attack should be from the river. Damn, paranoia has them attacking from under the ground.”

Over the Radio, “Hurry up people, this isn’t an hour-long lunch break. Plenty of time to get some shut eye once we get to night camp.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1720, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

THE END OF A HUNDRED YEAR WALTZ
Sam clearly was the lead, but she was pleasantly surprised by the capableness of Walcott's crew. It was a terribly complicated, but field repairs are always more exciting than in the field. Mud (from somewhere) caked the mechanisms and grass was twisted in wrist thick bundles, strong as steel cables wrapped around anything that turned. It was dirty and strenuous work, event though the technical difficulty was quite low. Fixed and moving again, everything seemed as good as new, or as good as the worn heavily used work-horse of a vehicle the half-track truly was.

The meal isn't rushed but it isn't leisurely either. It's efficient. It takes exactly as long as it needs to, the cookie wrapping things up with the same surliness he portioned it out with.

With a very old fashioned "Move'em out!" Walcott's trail boss hollers. On her signal the caravan lurches forward. The heavy vehicles make all sorts of groaning and grinding noises (good and bad) as they struggle to fight their massive inertia and attain some semblance of forward motion.

The next 50 miles or so is torturous. Max speed for everything that flies below 50 feet is around 20 or 25 miles per hour. Rocky outcroppings and weird mushroom growths that explode in noxious puffs when anyone passes with a few feet of them make a maze of impassible terrain. The hills recede to their right a few miles, but the sandhills have caved in leaving sandy cliffs that would be difficult to cross with the vehicles.

Difficult to cross by vehicles, but not by the agile ostrasaurus.

Four hours after they pass the happy mushroom land (thank goodness for EBA!) Daphne sees movement on the other side of the hills, out north a ways. Maybe twenty miles, there's a hundred or so ostrasaurus with about eight simvan riding herd. They're running hard west, parallel to the caravan's route.

The caravan is crossing a broad, flat plain, full of tall grasses rooted in the sandy soil. It's the most generous land they've crossed in hours. They see a few giant dragonflies, maybe three or four feet long, but they seem benign. The mosquitos, while not giant or otherwise fantastical, are still bad.

Walcott radios in to Beckett, "We're gonna stop and let the engines cool down, any reason we shouldn't?
What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 29

Rocky after hearing that there are possible unfriendly in the area. is a bit on edge? When he hears Walcott mention shutting the engines down he Speaks up, "Recon one here, Might be a good idea to stop and check what the Simvans are doing but we need to find a good area that we can defend. I don’t like the idea that Simvans are so close.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon May 21, 2018 5:46 am

Perception:1d100 = 56 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 24
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel listiens to the call Rocky pit out over the radio. Yes, we do need to keep on eye on those Simvans. Probably not much sleep till we hit a town. Joys of merc life. "E, here. Roger that. I'll go do some recon and try to find a spot and signal if I find one." Ernstweavle takes one of the hovercycles and speeds off to find a location to circle the wagons, so to speak. (Navigation 1d100 = 66/52% to fnd a sutible place to camp for the night.Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 90/55% to fnd a sutible place to camp for the night.) If there is nothing close to their proximity then Ernstweavel will head back to the caravan, otherwise he will stay and secure the site.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 69

Samantha is flying high overhead and watches the Simvan's push the convoy into the area that Walcott want's to rest at. "Convoy let's keep moving for a short bit of time, but we can slow down... Something doesn't seem right."

She quickly raido's over to Rocky and John on the MARS team frequency, "Rocky, John, do you have any means to scout the field ahead. Also, the bogies on the other side of the ridge are herding dinosaurs. Do you think that's going to be a problem." Samantha's gut is screaming at her to make a ninety degree turn and go behind the herd. "We need to address if we should contact the Simvan's as friendlies. Or we identify them as hostiles."

Samantha wasn't prone to anxiety too much. But with protecting a convoy, a group of civilians who may or may not be trained in combat, she worried about their safety. Command trained you for this Sammy, you can do it. Remember your training. She tries to psych herself up for this potential deadly encounter
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 84

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Lore: Demons & Monsters (behavior of the Simvan and/or dinosaurs, are they passing through or hunting?) 97%: 1d100 = 73
Anthropology (more insight into what the Simvan are doing) 75%: 1d100 = 11

John closes his eyes and concentrates on Sharak's perceptions and sharp vision to look ahead of the convoy. Triggering his radio he says, "I wouldn't try talking to the Simvan. Human is a delicacy for them, especially dimensional human." The transmission trails off in a chuckle. It's hard to tell if he's kidding or not about the last part. He also relays whatever insights he has about the behavior he observes. "I'll scout ahead."

He asks Miyo or anyone else on the barge to watch his body and settles comfortably to prepare himself to project astrally (Astral Projection, 30 minute duration, 0 PPE due to nearby nexus).

Once free of his body he does a quick search of the area at or near top speed looking for obvious threats. If he finds none he slows down to do a more careful survey of the area using the birds eye view he got earlier of the area through Sharak's eyes as a guide. Once he's done he returns to his body and reports in.
John Smith
Stats: 203 MDC, 243 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

If there is some one that can take the wheel Rocky climbs in the back and settleds down. He is going to Astral Travel. He knows the Simvan and the Beast they ride might sense him, but if he is sneaks around and is careful he might be able to find out what they are trying to do.

he goes low and will come up on the end of the Simvans he will try to figure out if they are part of a plan to attack the their group.
Astral travel (Ring)
Prowl 1d100 = 97 98%
Telepathy (4)

He travels back to his body to report.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1730, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

I'LL KEEP ROLLING ALONG
Erstweavel takes off after hearing Rocky's report. He scouts ahead and between the sand and dust, E can't be sure if his his scouting is finding anything useful. He returns about ten minutes later, and finds the caravan stopped only a mile or so from where he'd left them.

Walcott relayed Sam's recommendation to her team. They carry on for about a mile as E zips off ahead. Where they crawl to a halt, the grasses are little bit thinner and the ground rises about twenty feet above the rest of plain. Easier targets, but harder to ambush, maybe. Maybe not, but that's where they had to stop anyway.

Sam's tact takes her high enough over the herd to get an excellent view of the terrain and the bogies*. Tracking them for a few minutes and she is clocks them at about 50mph, wheeling and dividing to avoid obstacles like a school of fish. She gains a little more altitude, maybe to 20,000 feet. In the distance, fifteen to twenty miles northwest is a settlement of some kind. It's identifiable from several columns of smoke and heat prominent heat signatures.

At the caravan, John recalls some of the facts and figures and other more qualitative data he has learned about the simvan. A small group of warriors and a large herd typically is not a war-band. It is like that a temporary camp is relatively close. Taking a protected position on the barge, John projects into the astral plane. He is able to scout the herd and its dino-herders. Sharak's senses don't help too much adding to the picture. The bird's ability to sense evil was generally infallible, but now the results were sort of borderline. Evil sometimes is a relative term, and the simvan eat other sentient beings, which is generally considered evil. But it is part of their nature, and they don't do it out of the malevolent tendencies one generally associates with evil. So maybe that's why Sharak's intuition was a little off right now.

Rocky's similar scouting focuses on the targets' minds. His topical read of their minds "hears" thoughts about the herd, being hungry, being tired and wanting to turn in at camp. The visions of their waiting, imagined, meal are fairly disturbing, even the humanoid on the spit is vague and ill defined in the vision.

The rest of the caravan and MARS crew takes up defensive positions around the small hill. The buzzing mosquitoes find their way into everything. The giant dragonflies hover here and there, zooming around seemingly at random. Their bodies are the size of gallon bucket, the spindly tail almost disappears except for a large baseball sized bulb at the end. It sounds like a small hurricane when it buzzes within a couple feet of anyone.

What are you doing?
*If I remember correctly, a bogie is a possible threat, whereas a confirmed threat is a bandit.

GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1049
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 83
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 93

Rocky returns to his body and then wakens. He looks around and keys his mike to alert the others, “Samm and Mars, Recon One here, the Simvans seem to be heading for a temporary camp, the heard is hungry so I believe they are about to feed. The real bad thing is, I think they enjoy eating us, cooked I think. I think we need to take the offensive and disperse this group of critters. But we need more information.”

Rocky thinks about what he has heard about these Simvans when he was down in the Pecos region. "They sometimes atttack small towns and othe settlements and wipe them out. Yea remember the days riding with the gang down here, Simvan camps full of human bones. It takes a lot to feed them and their mounts. You knew when we interrupted them, the bones were still there they hadn't fed them to their critters."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 74

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Returning to his body John keys the radio, "I didn't find anything but the Simvan, a small group like that is just to move the herd. It isn't a war party."

Closing his eyes and concentrating the mage returns to viewing the world from Sharak's point of view soaring above. He keeps an eye on the movement of the Simvan and keys the mic again after Rocky speaks. "Likely there's a larger settlement nearby. Are you sure you want to stir up that particular hornet's nest? If we can locate the settlement maybe we can detour around and leave well enough alone."
John Smith
Stats: 203 MDC, 243 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 am

Perception:1d100 = 17 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 76
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

”I agree with John. There’s no need to get into a firefight with them if we don't have to. I suggest that we keep a watch and the caravan shouldn’t get too comfortable. Be ready to move at a moments notice. That is, unless you guys wanna push on through the night, to put some distance between us?“ Ernstweavel replies, then he puts down the radio. With the hum of the hoverbike and sprawling landscape puts him in calm state for the moment. He decides to scout a bit more and at the same time take in the view. Once he gets back to the convoy he helps prepare the camp for the night. All the while keeping an eye out for any attacks.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 40
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 85

Over the radios Rocky speaks, “Recon one here, if you want I can do my thing and scout out the town. I just need a little lift to get close.”

Rocky thinks of getting a lift close buy and then taking a few jumps using his ring to get close and see what is going on. This is nomal for Rocky get in see what is happening take out a few of the people and leave them wondering what in the world happen.

If he is OK he will get into his Special Crystal Armor take a few charges and some pistols
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest