Adventure 5: The Old Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE),

Ernstweavel takes turn with whoever is piloting one of the hovercycles. When he is not on one of the hovercycles he spends the remaining time on MARS' barge. When he is up in the air by himself, he enjoys the sights of the rolling hills laden with flowers. Whenever he gets a chance he check to see if he can sense for the opening of any rifts to look for the Traveler from his past. Shortly after that his anxiety would skyrocket. Ernstweavel would have to focus on the flowers to take his mind off the rifts and clam him down.

When the time comes to stop and settle down for lunch, Ernstweavel is taken back by the fact that one of their cargo trailers is actually serves as a chuck wagon. First half of the day down deserves a good meal. Better get one in before anything attacks. Hope the next couole of days will be just like today so far. Wanting a bit of company Ernstweavel is the first to speak up. ”Like my dad always said, 'You can call me whatever you want but don’t call me late for dinner'. Anyone know what's on the menu for lunch? I sure am hungry. He rubs his stomach and licks his lips as if he can already taste the food.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:06 pm

On to Testament

Perception: 40%1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 72

Rocky spends his time in the hover jeep keeping close to the convoy. He keeps his eyes scanning outward always looking for something out there. “Keep your eyes open Rocky old boy. They are out there somewhere and they want this convoy. It is just a matter of time before they show up.”

Rocky notice the chuck wagon and then thinks of his earlier days down in the Pecos, “Yep, the Chuck wagon leads the main heard. That way if it breaks down, everyone stops, to make sure it gets up and going. After all, where is everyone going to get food.”

He remembers the Mesquite chips and makes a call over the radio, “Hey Cookie, Recon One here, I have some mesquite you can smoke some meat for us. Make a fine meal. I’ll get it for you when we stop next.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1120, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

HEY, LET'S SING THE BARBECUE SONG
If Rocky was expecting instant gratification with his mesquite, he wasn't disappointed! The "cookie" grinned a snarly grackle tooth grin as he accepted Rocky's wood. The savory smell of the mesquite floats across the caravan, strongest downwind of the chuck wagon, but it's pungent enough to cover the entire convoy. A little while later, longer than a hungry traveller might want, Rocky is the first recipient of a big bowl of beans and a fat juicy t-bone from some sort of meaty critter. It is trail food, but it's the best kind of trail food. Rocky feels a little bit like a nap afterwards, but for most of the crew, he's gone up several notches in prestige.

In the merc hierarchy, the MARS gang ranks far above the outriders for Walcott's convoy. So when the mysterious line walker offers to take a spell guarding the flank, the merc concedes without much argument. It's a nice hoverbike though, Earnstweavel can't identify it. Lots of power, heavy armor, nose laser. Good stuff.

At chow time, Big E (as in Ernstweavel) isn't next in line for the food, but he's close to the front. He gets a nifty slice of mystery meet too, exhibiting all the qualities of a rib-eye. He gets a sloppy bean bowl too. Just like momma Weavel used to make.

What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Someone (probably Tiree) should outline a marching order and a list of who is where.
  2. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 1

As the Caravan stopped due to a thrown track, Samantha helps out with the vehicles. Her skills in tanks and tracked vehicles were one of the first things she had to work on. Not to mention, every tanker worth their salt had put tracks back on their own vehicle. "Let me help you guys out," she offers in her personal power armor, a suit she custom built to enhance her abilities especially in situations like this. Nothing like putting tracks back on a tank to make a girl feel back in training. Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 19 / 95% | Pilot: Tanks & APCs -- 1d100 = 60 / 114%

Once they stopped for lunch, she could see the chuck wagon stop to make lunch. Samantha gets to her Logan and takes flight, "Daphne head on down and get some ground time. Grab a bite, I'll cover for a while in the air. Rocky, you have ground command, let's keep the same marching order as before."

Marching Orders:
  1. Lynx Hoverjeep: Rocky - Hovercar
  2. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified): Walcott
  3. Mountaineer (Chuck Wagon)
  4. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  5. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  6. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
  7. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
  8. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified)
  9. Barge
  10. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles running on the sides
  11. Air Support: Samantha and Daphne swapping places ever 2 to 3 hours of flight time.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Perception:1d100 = 91 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 13
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

As the cook seves up the meal, the steam and smell rise from his plate and fill gis nose with yummy goodness.his stomach lets out a iud growl in anticipation of devouring the beans and rib eye. If only we can have a meal like this every time. After Ernstweavel finishes his meal, he makes it a point to find the cook. “Thanks for the meal, my friend. It was so delicious, just want I needed. I'll be looking foward to dinner if it's anything like lunch.” He wonders a round a bit to keep his legs srteched for the second half of the day. When Ernstweavel returns back to the group he makes sure that he stays in the loop of information. ”So, what's the plan for the second half of the day? Are we going to keep the olan the same, since it went so smoothly? Knock on wood.” Ernstweavel sits back and waits for a response from the team, at the same time he steches his stomach and lets out a reverberating belch as a sign of a good meal.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 5
Conditions: None.

"Roger." Daphne brings the transformable fighter in for a landing. Switching from forward momentum to VTOL land near the caravan. Daphne puts the fighter in standby mode and unclips her harness and unfastens her helmet to set up on the dash. Daphne twists her neck to work out a nagging crick. Once her neck pops, Daphne sighs and climbs out of the fighter hopping to the dirt below. Hmmm... food. Daphne thinks as she approaches the chuck wagon.

When the cookie hands Daphne her meat and beans, she smiles. "Thank you kindly." Daphne says before making her way to the rest of the group. "How's everyone doing?" Daphne asks while plopping down on the ground. Daphne digs into her food and is pleased that it tastes good. "Certainly better than some of the rations I used to eat in Ishpeming. Dad would always bring home his spares to make food stretch."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 19
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 66

Rocky eats a quick meal so that he can get back to his position at the head of the convoy. “This is great, wide open spaces, river off to the left hills to the right the hills are always good for Simvans to attack from, so that is where the smart money would say they would be. Now the sneak attack should be from the river. Damn, paranoia has them attacking from under the ground.”

Over the Radio, “Hurry up people, this isn’t an hour-long lunch break. Plenty of time to get some shut eye once we get to night camp.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1720, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

THE END OF A HUNDRED YEAR WALTZ
Sam clearly was the lead, but she was pleasantly surprised by the capableness of Walcott's crew. It was a terribly complicated, but field repairs are always more exciting than in the field. Mud (from somewhere) caked the mechanisms and grass was twisted in wrist thick bundles, strong as steel cables wrapped around anything that turned. It was dirty and strenuous work, event though the technical difficulty was quite low. Fixed and moving again, everything seemed as good as new, or as good as the worn heavily used work-horse of a vehicle the half-track truly was.

The meal isn't rushed but it isn't leisurely either. It's efficient. It takes exactly as long as it needs to, the cookie wrapping things up with the same surliness he portioned it out with.

With a very old fashioned "Move'em out!" Walcott's trail boss hollers. On her signal the caravan lurches forward. The heavy vehicles make all sorts of groaning and grinding noises (good and bad) as they struggle to fight their massive inertia and attain some semblance of forward motion.

The next 50 miles or so is torturous. Max speed for everything that flies below 50 feet is around 20 or 25 miles per hour. Rocky outcroppings and weird mushroom growths that explode in noxious puffs when anyone passes with a few feet of them make a maze of impassible terrain. The hills recede to their right a few miles, but the sandhills have caved in leaving sandy cliffs that would be difficult to cross with the vehicles.

Difficult to cross by vehicles, but not by the agile ostrasaurus.

Four hours after they pass the happy mushroom land (thank goodness for EBA!) Daphne sees movement on the other side of the hills, out north a ways. Maybe twenty miles, there's a hundred or so ostrasaurus with about eight simvan riding herd. They're running hard west, parallel to the caravan's route.

The caravan is crossing a broad, flat plain, full of tall grasses rooted in the sandy soil. It's the most generous land they've crossed in hours. They see a few giant dragonflies, maybe three or four feet long, but they seem benign. The mosquitos, while not giant or otherwise fantastical, are still bad.

Walcott radios in to Beckett, "We're gonna stop and let the engines cool down, any reason we shouldn't?
What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 29

Rocky after hearing that there are possible unfriendly in the area. is a bit on edge? When he hears Walcott mention shutting the engines down he Speaks up, "Recon one here, Might be a good idea to stop and check what the Simvans are doing but we need to find a good area that we can defend. I don’t like the idea that Simvans are so close.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon May 21, 2018 5:46 am

Perception:1d100 = 56 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 24
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel listiens to the call Rocky pit out over the radio. Yes, we do need to keep on eye on those Simvans. Probably not much sleep till we hit a town. Joys of merc life. "E, here. Roger that. I'll go do some recon and try to find a spot and signal if I find one." Ernstweavle takes one of the hovercycles and speeds off to find a location to circle the wagons, so to speak. (Navigation 1d100 = 66/52% to fnd a sutible place to camp for the night.Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 90/55% to fnd a sutible place to camp for the night.) If there is nothing close to their proximity then Ernstweavel will head back to the caravan, otherwise he will stay and secure the site.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 69

Samantha is flying high overhead and watches the Simvan's push the convoy into the area that Walcott want's to rest at. "Convoy let's keep moving for a short bit of time, but we can slow down... Something doesn't seem right."

She quickly raido's over to Rocky and John on the MARS team frequency, "Rocky, John, do you have any means to scout the field ahead. Also, the bogies on the other side of the ridge are herding dinosaurs. Do you think that's going to be a problem." Samantha's gut is screaming at her to make a ninety degree turn and go behind the herd. "We need to address if we should contact the Simvan's as friendlies. Or we identify them as hostiles."

Samantha wasn't prone to anxiety too much. But with protecting a convoy, a group of civilians who may or may not be trained in combat, she worried about their safety. Command trained you for this Sammy, you can do it. Remember your training. She tries to psych herself up for this potential deadly encounter
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 84

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Lore: Demons & Monsters (behavior of the Simvan and/or dinosaurs, are they passing through or hunting?) 97%: 1d100 = 73
Anthropology (more insight into what the Simvan are doing) 75%: 1d100 = 11

John closes his eyes and concentrates on Sharak's perceptions and sharp vision to look ahead of the convoy. Triggering his radio he says, "I wouldn't try talking to the Simvan. Human is a delicacy for them, especially dimensional human." The transmission trails off in a chuckle. It's hard to tell if he's kidding or not about the last part. He also relays whatever insights he has about the behavior he observes. "I'll scout ahead."

He asks Miyo or anyone else on the barge to watch his body and settles comfortably to prepare himself to project astrally (Astral Projection, 30 minute duration, 0 PPE due to nearby nexus).

Once free of his body he does a quick search of the area at or near top speed looking for obvious threats. If he finds none he slows down to do a more careful survey of the area using the birds eye view he got earlier of the area through Sharak's eyes as a guide. Once he's done he returns to his body and reports in.
John Smith
Stats: 203 MDC, 243 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

If there is some one that can take the wheel Rocky climbs in the back and settleds down. He is going to Astral Travel. He knows the Simvan and the Beast they ride might sense him, but if he is sneaks around and is careful he might be able to find out what they are trying to do.

he goes low and will come up on the end of the Simvans he will try to figure out if they are part of a plan to attack the their group.
Astral travel (Ring)
Prowl 1d100 = 97 98%
Telepathy (4)

He travels back to his body to report.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1730, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

I'LL KEEP ROLLING ALONG
Erstweavel takes off after hearing Rocky's report. He scouts ahead and between the sand and dust, E can't be sure if his his scouting is finding anything useful. He returns about ten minutes later, and finds the caravan stopped only a mile or so from where he'd left them.

Walcott relayed Sam's recommendation to her team. They carry on for about a mile as E zips off ahead. Where they crawl to a halt, the grasses are little bit thinner and the ground rises about twenty feet above the rest of plain. Easier targets, but harder to ambush, maybe. Maybe not, but that's where they had to stop anyway.

Sam's tact takes her high enough over the herd to get an excellent view of the terrain and the bogies*. Tracking them for a few minutes and she is clocks them at about 50mph, wheeling and dividing to avoid obstacles like a school of fish. She gains a little more altitude, maybe to 20,000 feet. In the distance, fifteen to twenty miles northwest is a settlement of some kind. It's identifiable from several columns of smoke and heat prominent heat signatures.

At the caravan, John recalls some of the facts and figures and other more qualitative data he has learned about the simvan. A small group of warriors and a large herd typically is not a war-band. It is like that a temporary camp is relatively close. Taking a protected position on the barge, John projects into the astral plane. He is able to scout the herd and its dino-herders. Sharak's senses don't help too much adding to the picture. The bird's ability to sense evil was generally infallible, but now the results were sort of borderline. Evil sometimes is a relative term, and the simvan eat other sentient beings, which is generally considered evil. But it is part of their nature, and they don't do it out of the malevolent tendencies one generally associates with evil. So maybe that's why Sharak's intuition was a little off right now.

Rocky's similar scouting focuses on the targets' minds. His topical read of their minds "hears" thoughts about the herd, being hungry, being tired and wanting to turn in at camp. The visions of their waiting, imagined, meal are fairly disturbing, even the humanoid on the spit is vague and ill defined in the vision.

The rest of the caravan and MARS crew takes up defensive positions around the small hill. The buzzing mosquitoes find their way into everything. The giant dragonflies hover here and there, zooming around seemingly at random. Their bodies are the size of gallon bucket, the spindly tail almost disappears except for a large baseball sized bulb at the end. It sounds like a small hurricane when it buzzes within a couple feet of anyone.

What are you doing?
*If I remember correctly, a bogie is a possible threat, whereas a confirmed threat is a bandit.

GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 83
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 93

Rocky returns to his body and then wakens. He looks around and keys his mike to alert the others, “Samm and Mars, Recon One here, the Simvans seem to be heading for a temporary camp, the heard is hungry so I believe they are about to feed. The real bad thing is, I think they enjoy eating us, cooked I think. I think we need to take the offensive and disperse this group of critters. But we need more information.”

Rocky thinks about what he has heard about these Simvans when he was down in the Pecos region. "They sometimes atttack small towns and othe settlements and wipe them out. Yea remember the days riding with the gang down here, Simvan camps full of human bones. It takes a lot to feed them and their mounts. You knew when we interrupted them, the bones were still there they hadn't fed them to their critters."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 74

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Returning to his body John keys the radio, "I didn't find anything but the Simvan, a small group like that is just to move the herd. It isn't a war party."

Closing his eyes and concentrating the mage returns to viewing the world from Sharak's point of view soaring above. He keeps an eye on the movement of the Simvan and keys the mic again after Rocky speaks. "Likely there's a larger settlement nearby. Are you sure you want to stir up that particular hornet's nest? If we can locate the settlement maybe we can detour around and leave well enough alone."
John Smith
Stats: 203 MDC, 243 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 am

Perception:1d100 = 17 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 76
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

”I agree with John. There’s no need to get into a firefight with them if we don't have to. I suggest that we keep a watch and the caravan shouldn’t get too comfortable. Be ready to move at a moments notice. That is, unless you guys wanna push on through the night, to put some distance between us?“ Ernstweavel replies, then he puts down the radio. With the hum of the hoverbike and sprawling landscape puts him in calm state for the moment. He decides to scout a bit more and at the same time take in the view. Once he gets back to the convoy he helps prepare the camp for the night. All the while keeping an eye out for any attacks.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 40
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 85

Over the radios Rocky speaks, “Recon one here, if you want I can do my thing and scout out the town. I just need a little lift to get close.”

Rocky thinks of getting a lift close buy and then taking a few jumps using his ring to get close and see what is going on. This is nomal for Rocky get in see what is happening take out a few of the people and leave them wondering what in the world happen.

If he is OK he will get into his Special Crystal Armor take a few charges and some pistols
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1745, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

A Handbook for the Prairie Traveller wrote:A Handbook for the Prairie Traveller
Being a Resource for the Traveller of the Modern Prairie, Plains and Environs of Similar Nature

Theodora "Teddy" Matilda Rose, Marshall Testament, Ret.

INCLUDES:
Routes - First Aid - Recommended Clothing, Shelter, Provisions - Selection and Maintenance of a Variety of Conveyances - Information Concerning Aggressive Wildlife, Hostile Sentient Being - Information Concerning Hostile Foreign Militaries

Published by the Office of the Baron, PA 65

Publisher's Note: The Office of the Baron of Testament has continued to publish this handbook for sale in the Baronies and beyond. Theodora "Teddy" M. Rose was a hardnosed Marshal in Testament and spent a large part of her twenty year carrier traversing the west in pursuit of justice and the defense of the Barionies. She died of old age in PA 99 in her home outside of Testament proper.

From "Selection and Maintenance of a Variety of Conveyances"
...with the surge in available rapid transportation methods, it is ofter assumed by some that the world will soon be connected by a civilized network of safe routes between population centers. This is not in slightest bit true.
...small fast vehicles such as a hover bike or power armor, are certainly much more prevalent. But they are not useful for commerce. They have no refrigerated containers for the transport of fresh beef. They have no capability for the transport of bulk items, such as grains. Such things must be transported by large, slow means. The smaller vehicles are of uncontested value as outriders and scouts. The importance of the caravan itself must needs be analyzed.
The caravan...consisting of large vehicles...has by definition a more limited choice of routes. While indeed the wealthy and more arrogant nation states may posses the ability to field aircraft to fill these roles, that will not be typical of most travelers and as such, the rough and unpredictable terrain becomes a primary point of consideration of any caravan. As such, vehicles traveling in these regions must assume frequent breakdowns in equipment and a top speed maybe a tithe of the top performance of vehicle in question.

From "Information Concerning Aggressive Wildlife, Hostile Sentient Being"
The simvan: We rarely pass judgement on other sentient races in the Baronies, it being one of our tenants to be tolerant of other beings. Where the simvan are regarded however, our policy is to shoot on sight.


INCIDENT OF THE CANNIBAL CAMP
Scouting is a reasonable choice, and Rock, John and the Big E contribute in their own unique way.

All three (plus a familiar) are cognizant of the Sun's position in the sky, it is dropping inexorably towards the Rockies looming in the distance. It is not dark or even twilight yet, but once the Sun falls behind those lofty peaks, it will become dark fast. The atmospheric conditions are conducive to scouting, the sky is clear, the wind is light and there is near silence. The susurration of the grasses surrounding them and a barely audible slow burbling of distant water creates a soft background noise. The giant dragonflies have gone to ground, the two or three degree dip in temperature apparently is enough to signal night time to their simplistic insect brains.

On the flip side, these conditions equally favor the simvan.

Sharak may have been confused somewhat by the existential meaning of evil, but John is not. Looking through the familiar's eyes, John sees the simvan camp. Then he sees what Sam did not, another group of huts and camp fires, and another. There are three camps. He does not know about the simvan specifically, but his studies of behavior of a variety of civilizations generally are in agreement that a grouping of more than one tribe-as indicated by the separate camps-in one location is the indicator of some larger, regional decision in progress.

Utilizing the birds telescopic vision, John can see ample evidence of cannibalism. Even to the horrifying vision of recognizable humanoid parts cooking over open flames. That even isn't enough to trigger the bird's evil detector, but as it wheels about crossing near the space between the three camps, there's a flicker, like a dormant evil, something yet to unfold.

Cruising along before retiring to camp, Ernstweavel does his best looking by not looking, keeping his eyes moving and his senses open for input. And he's rewarded. Off in the distance, maybe a mile, maybe more, he spots two ostrasaurus moving slowly revealed by a break in the landscape. They are traveling in a roughly northerly direction. He can not see any simvan, but all his instincts are screaming at him that those dinos are being led by someone. From ground level, they disappear into the terrain after only a few seconds.

Sam or one of the other fliers gives Rocky a boost to the camp. Rock spends a lot of time being repulsed. It distracts him almost completely form gathering more information. In abstract, cannibalism is horrific, but presented with it in process and at close hand, it is almost too much for the psi-ghost to handle. He quickly skirts the camp and comes out along one edge and is struck by another shock. There is a wave of supernatural evil coming from something nearby. But it was a wave, then it was gone. It was accompanied by a burst of ambient magic, kind of like the nimbus of mystic energy that flows off a ley line.

And as bad as cannibalism is, this evil leaves Rocky feeling much, much worse.

What are you doing?

GM Note:


Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:59 am

Perception:1d100 = 32 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 65
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

”Ernstweavel here. I just saw some a couple of ostrasaurus, heading in a northerly fashion. “ Ernstweavel reports back to the group his findings. (Navigation 52% / 1d100 = 25 -Zoology 55% / 1d100 = 83 - Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% / 1d100 = 70, to predict the route and direction the ostrasaurus are moving and possibly a reasoning) Giving as much detail has he can about what he saw. With the sun setting his urgency for some type of plan grows. He tires to think of one himself but with his lack of experience and skills, combined with his average intelligence, he comes up short handed. THe more he thinks about formulating one the more his head hurts. Man, I whish I was smarter, then I could help come up with a good plan. Maybe I just need some more experience. No, I got it. I just have to travel to some other dimension and find something there to make me smarter. Once I get done with this job, I'll have to go and do some research. Ugh, bookwork but small price to pay. Afterwards Ernstweavel looks for a quiet spot to sit a meditate for a few minutes, to help clear his head. The moment his head clears he opens his eyes and resumes his normal routine. Helping out wherever he can.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 41
JIC d20: 1d20 = 8
JIC d100: 1d100 = 50

When Rocky came back he Informs the others of what he saw and Felt. He shakes his head and says, “There are several of them and they are eating others. They are definitely a force that we will and should take care of and not just for the safety of the convoy but for others in this area.”

Rocky shift a bit before continuing, “There was an undeniable feeling of supernatural evil. When I was going through the camp it was there and then it wasn’t.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 43
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 25

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

And there's the camp... and another... and, uh oh. Returning his attention to his own senses John crosses over to the pilot's compartment on the barge and steps inside. Hitting the PTT button on his radio he says, "There are three, repeat, three camps of Simvan. It would take something major for three tribes to gather so closely like this." Accessing the navigation system on the barge he places markers where he estimates the three camps are located and sends an update to the rest of the convoy vehicles. "We're only a hundred miles or so out of Fort Comanche, maybe we could raise them on the radio, or I could send a pigeon. Or, how far are we from Fort Prospect? This might be something the 1st Calvary would like to know about."
John Smith
Stats: 203 MDC, 243 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:40 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1815, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE
Walcott was on the comm during Big E, Rocky and John's recon reports. She brings her aircar in for a landing fifty feet or so--basically out of earshot--and calls for the scouts and MARS leadership to discuss the findings. She's clearly concerned. And concerned enough to not want to spook the crew.

It's starting to get dark. Apparently Walcott gave instructions to her people to make camp, they are building a cheery campfire and breaking out gear. The camp kitchen gets up and running.

But MARS aren't part of that.

"So, I need a summary, what do we do?" Walcott asks the gathered team.

And then the answer is quite simple.

The little campfire explodes, sparks cover the camp. A extra large, scarier than normal looking simvan is wreathed within the flames.

What are you doing?

GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 90

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

John shields his eyes from the explosion and glares at Walcott, "Don't your people know how far a fire can be seen out here?!" Not waiting for an answer he runs for the fire reaching into a belt pouch as he goes. Taking out the drone sphere he switches it on, tosses it into the air and says, "Orbit the camp, one mile radius, report all movement."

Going to have to go over basic security if we survive this.

When he reaches the fire he pulls away anyone he thinks is too close, taking care not to hurt any of them but also being quick about it. Placing himself between the simvan and any squishes he says, "Evening, can we help you with something?" John will cast Tongues if necessary.
John Smith
Stats: 203 MDC, 243 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 13, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 150 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 75 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:44 am

Perception:1d100 = 19 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 40
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel is standing around the group discussing their next course of actions, when the camp fire explodes and shoots sparks and debris into the air. He shields himself. Afterwards he assess the damage, helping anyone who immediately need help. (First Aid 60% / 1d100 = 99 ) Ernstweavel continues to tend to the wounded until he notices the simvan emerges from the flames. At that moment he takes up a defensive position, readying himself for combat. A momentary pause comes over Ernstweavel as John interjects himself in front of the simvan. What is he doing? Trying to talk to it?! That's pointless. Guess I got to be ready for anything with this group. Better at least give him some support. Somehow I fell tonight is going to be a long one. Ernstweavel moves, in his most non aggressive manner and positions himself to Johns right flank, ready to cast Magic Net if the needs arises. Otherwise he will leave John to try some diplomacy.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 71
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC d100: 1d100 = 45

Rocky speaks up quickly to Samm and Walcott, “We have two choices wait till they get organized and charge us or saddle up and ride like hell. I say head for the place we found them feasting with a fast strike force the rest goes up and over the ridge. No lights but use night optics. Leave the fire going it may make them think we are down here and buy us some time.”

At this Rocky head to his jeep. “Samm with your permission. Those airborne try to catch up with any Simvan scouts and kill them. If we can lure the main body of the Simvan south we might be able to give the others that are going up the ridge a chance to get by them.”

“Use the 'Parthian shots' some times called the parting shot. We go to town with our fast vehicles, hit them hard, then run a bit and set up the next strike, we want them to chase us. Shoot again. Aim for the riders or damage a whole group. We do this two times then head back to the convoy if they don’t bite on the bait we need to take out a bundle before they get to the convoy.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 am

((ROLLS CARRIED OVER))

Rocky wrote:“Samm with your permission. Those airborne try to catch up with any Simvan scouts and kill them. If we can lure the main body of the Simvan south we might be able to give the others that are going up the ridge a chance to get by them.”

“Use the 'Parthian shots' some times called the parting shot. We go to town with our fast vehicles, hit them hard, then run a bit and set up the next strike, we want them to chase us. Shoot again. Aim for the riders or damage a whole group. We do this two times then head back to the convoy if they don’t bite on the bait we need to take out a bundle before they get to the convoy.”


As Rocky is explaining his plan of action Ernstweavel listens but still keeping an eye on the simvan. Ready to react if needed. Keeping his staff in a defensive position in front of him. His heartbeats about throbbing in his throat. His adrenaline coursing through veins makes him on edge and antsy to act. ”I think that's it great we’re coming up with a plan but we need to deal with the one in the camp first. I don't think he came here to talk but we can give John a shot at it. Just be ready to take him out. If there's one here then there are probably more not too far away. Keep an eye out for them.”

The more time we spend debating a plan, those damn simvans get a better position to take us out. Shoot them first, then ask the dead questions. Dead ones are easier to deal with.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1816, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent

Incident at the Campfire Map 1.jpg

Map Scale: 1 square=5 feet
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE, PART II
Altruism is a great thing. So is planning. Evil simvan necromancers aren't into altruism. And when the evil simvan necromancers make a big fiery entrance, their time for planning is long past.

So as John tries to talk the evil simvan necromancer into not slaughtering anyone, and while Rocky is planning with Walcott, Big E is the one who made the right call. But being right and being ready are slightly different. When the evil simvan necromancer immolates one of Walcott's crew, Ernsteavel's magic net is just a split second to late to catch the evil simvan necromancer (let's call him the ESN).

The ESN attacked at random first, the truck driving writhing in agony on the ground was just a target of opportunity. Now however, two shiny new targets have presented themselves. One is a quick draw caster and the other is a fearless, well the ESN is not really sure what John is at the moment.

Rocky, Walcott and Beckett are far enough away to only partially see what's going on, but the first victim's screams paint a pretty accurate picture.

Happy day! Roll Initiative!

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    One Vagabond Driver on fire


GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 87
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 4
Initiative 1d20 = 6

As Rocky starts heading for the hover he hears the scream of a man dying in agony. He quickly gets on the radio and ask what is going on, “John, Ernst, Sit Rep.”. He decides that he needs to act also so he heads to the battle. (80 to 90 feet away)
Rocky on the way to the battle activates his force field on his armor (Forcefield - 70 MDC ) and then grabs his UTI Zapper Gun and a Phase Sword.
Rocky 6 Actions

Action 1
Talking and Running, Speed 33

Action 2 pulling out the Zapper gun

Action 3 pulling out the phase sword

Action 4 shoot the bad guy

Strike 1d20+5 = 20
Damage 2d4 = 2M.D.
Save: pg 150 of GMG, take an extra 1d6 to themselves loose init, -1 combat action for 1d4 rounds Humanoids roll 14 or higher
1d4 = 4rounds
Action 5
Strike 1d20+5 = 9
Damage 2d4 = 5M.D.
Save: pg 150 of GMG, take an extra 1d6 to themselves loose init, -1 combat action for 1d4 rounds Humanoids roll 14 or higher
1d4 = 4rounds
Action 6
Strike 1d20+5 = 8
Damage 2d4 = 8M.D.
Save: pg 150 of GMG, take an extra 1d6 to themselves loose init, -1 combat action for 1d4 rounds Humanoids roll 14 or higher
1d4 = 1rounds
Parry: 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 9
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:56 am

Perception:1d100 = 66 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 96
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel flinches as the screams fill his ears. Watching one of the vanguards being set on fire, his heart rate skips a beat. He shakes his head in disbelief.

Damn it. I couldn't act fast enough. I hope he's not hurt too bad. We got to take out this monstrosity and fast. First we got to get this fire under control.

Being angered, about not being able to help the other members, Ernstweavel decides to make the first set of actions.”We need someone to get some control of that fire. I'll try and keep the simvan occupied until then. He then begins to speak in some incomprehensible words and raises his hand at the same time. Calling forth the energies sounding him to materialize in to a protective barrier. Felling protected enough for the moment, he begins to go on the offensive. As in one fluid speech and movement be begins to weave more magic energies. Targeting the ESN’s left arm and tries paralyze it. His next set of actions is to manifest a Magic Net to ensnare the enemy. [B]”Tala Kaush Muktal. Doh loon ashgod. Zu Nag Bo Hickla. Shook Bela.” A split second after Ernstweavel is finished speaking three images of the magic caster appears out of nowhere. He then moves in to strike ESN with his staff, if the fire has been contained. Otherwise he will move himself closer. As he takes his first steps he holds tight onto his staff and with a thought turns himself invisible. At the same time he prepares himself for a counter attack.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
APM: 6

Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan : 10 PPE Duration: 4 minutes, 16 melee 40 MDC

Action 2: Cast Paralysis: lesser : 5 PPE Duration: 4 minutes, 16 melee Saving Throw: standard Victums

Action 3: Cast Magic Net :[/size=85] 10 PPE Duration: 8 melee Saving Throws: dodge of 16 or higher[/size]

Action 4: Cast Multiple Image : 7 PPE Duration: 4 minutes, 16 melee Saving Throws: -4 to save vs Magic

Action 5: Become invisible via Isolde's Courage and move in to strike from the north side of the map or move to his north flank.

Action 6: Strike with Isolde's Courage. Attack: 1d20+3 = 23 Damage: 1d8 MD to Magic or Supernatural creatures or Reserved for dodge 1d20 = 7

Rolls for Parries : 6d20:
8, 12, 12, 20, 11, 20
rolls do not include bonus of +6
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests