Adventure 5: The Old Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/ 29%
JIC: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE),

Ernstweavel takes turn with whoever is piloting one of the hovercycles. When he is not on one of the hovercycles he spends the remaining time on MARS' barge. When he is up in the air by himself, he enjoys the sights of the rolling hills laden with flowers. Whenever he gets a chance he check to see if he can sense for the opening of any rifts to look for the Traveler from his past. Shortly after that his anxiety would skyrocket. Ernstweavel would have to focus on the flowers to take his mind off the rifts and clam him down.

When the time comes to stop and settle down for lunch, Ernstweavel is taken back by the fact that one of their cargo trailers is actually serves as a chuck wagon. First half of the day down deserves a good meal. Better get one in before anything attacks. Hope the next couole of days will be just like today so far. Wanting a bit of company Ernstweavel is the first to speak up. ”Like my dad always said, 'You can call me whatever you want but don’t call me late for dinner'. Anyone know what's on the menu for lunch? I sure am hungry. He rubs his stomach and licks his lips as if he can already taste the food.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:06 pm

On to Testament

Perception: 40%1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 72

Rocky spends his time in the hover jeep keeping close to the convoy. He keeps his eyes scanning outward always looking for something out there. “Keep your eyes open Rocky old boy. They are out there somewhere and they want this convoy. It is just a matter of time before they show up.”

Rocky notice the chuck wagon and then thinks of his earlier days down in the Pecos, “Yep, the Chuck wagon leads the main heard. That way if it breaks down, everyone stops, to make sure it gets up and going. After all, where is everyone going to get food.”

He remembers the Mesquite chips and makes a call over the radio, “Hey Cookie, Recon One here, I have some mesquite you can smoke some meat for us. Make a fine meal. I’ll get it for you when we stop next.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1120, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

HEY, LET'S SING THE BARBECUE SONG
If Rocky was expecting instant gratification with his mesquite, he wasn't disappointed! The "cookie" grinned a snarly grackle tooth grin as he accepted Rocky's wood. The savory smell of the mesquite floats across the caravan, strongest downwind of the chuck wagon, but it's pungent enough to cover the entire convoy. A little while later, longer than a hungry traveller might want, Rocky is the first recipient of a big bowl of beans and a fat juicy t-bone from some sort of meaty critter. It is trail food, but it's the best kind of trail food. Rocky feels a little bit like a nap afterwards, but for most of the crew, he's gone up several notches in prestige.

In the merc hierarchy, the MARS gang ranks far above the outriders for Walcott's convoy. So when the mysterious line walker offers to take a spell guarding the flank, the merc concedes without much argument. It's a nice hoverbike though, Earnstweavel can't identify it. Lots of power, heavy armor, nose laser. Good stuff.

At chow time, Big E (as in Ernstweavel) isn't next in line for the food, but he's close to the front. He gets a nifty slice of mystery meet too, exhibiting all the qualities of a rib-eye. He gets a sloppy bean bowl too. Just like momma Weavel used to make.

What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Someone (probably Tiree) should outline a marching order and a list of who is where.
  2. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 1

As the Caravan stopped due to a thrown track, Samantha helps out with the vehicles. Her skills in tanks and tracked vehicles were one of the first things she had to work on. Not to mention, every tanker worth their salt had put tracks back on their own vehicle. "Let me help you guys out," she offers in her personal power armor, a suit she custom built to enhance her abilities especially in situations like this. Nothing like putting tracks back on a tank to make a girl feel back in training. Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 19 / 95% | Pilot: Tanks & APCs -- 1d100 = 60 / 114%

Once they stopped for lunch, she could see the chuck wagon stop to make lunch. Samantha gets to her Logan and takes flight, "Daphne head on down and get some ground time. Grab a bite, I'll cover for a while in the air. Rocky, you have ground command, let's keep the same marching order as before."

Marching Orders:
  1. Lynx Hoverjeep: Rocky - Hovercar
  2. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified): Walcott
  3. Mountaineer (Chuck Wagon)
  4. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  5. Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module + APT Cargo Trailer
  6. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer
  7. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer
  8. Urban Patrol Hovercar (Heavily Modified)
  9. Barge
  10. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles running on the sides
  11. Air Support: Samantha and Daphne swapping places ever 2 to 3 hours of flight time.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu May 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Perception:1d100 = 91 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 13
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

As the cook seves up the meal, the steam and smell rise from his plate and fill gis nose with yummy goodness.his stomach lets out a iud growl in anticipation of devouring the beans and rib eye. If only we can have a meal like this every time. After Ernstweavel finishes his meal, he makes it a point to find the cook. “Thanks for the meal, my friend. It was so delicious, just want I needed. I'll be looking foward to dinner if it's anything like lunch.” He wonders a round a bit to keep his legs srteched for the second half of the day. When Ernstweavel returns back to the group he makes sure that he stays in the loop of information. ”So, what's the plan for the second half of the day? Are we going to keep the olan the same, since it went so smoothly? Knock on wood.” Ernstweavel sits back and waits for a response from the team, at the same time he steches his stomach and lets out a reverberating belch as a sign of a good meal.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri May 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 5
Conditions: None.

"Roger." Daphne brings the transformable fighter in for a landing. Switching from forward momentum to VTOL land near the caravan. Daphne puts the fighter in standby mode and unclips her harness and unfastens her helmet to set up on the dash. Daphne twists her neck to work out a nagging crick. Once her neck pops, Daphne sighs and climbs out of the fighter hopping to the dirt below. Hmmm... food. Daphne thinks as she approaches the chuck wagon.

When the cookie hands Daphne her meat and beans, she smiles. "Thank you kindly." Daphne says before making her way to the rest of the group. "How's everyone doing?" Daphne asks while plopping down on the ground. Daphne digs into her food and is pleased that it tastes good. "Certainly better than some of the rations I used to eat in Ishpeming. Dad would always bring home his spares to make food stretch."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 19
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 66

Rocky eats a quick meal so that he can get back to his position at the head of the convoy. “This is great, wide open spaces, river off to the left hills to the right the hills are always good for Simvans to attack from, so that is where the smart money would say they would be. Now the sneak attack should be from the river. Damn, paranoia has them attacking from under the ground.”

Over the Radio, “Hurry up people, this isn’t an hour-long lunch break. Plenty of time to get some shut eye once we get to night camp.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1720, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

THE END OF A HUNDRED YEAR WALTZ
Sam clearly was the lead, but she was pleasantly surprised by the capableness of Walcott's crew. It was a terribly complicated, but field repairs are always more exciting than in the field. Mud (from somewhere) caked the mechanisms and grass was twisted in wrist thick bundles, strong as steel cables wrapped around anything that turned. It was dirty and strenuous work, event though the technical difficulty was quite low. Fixed and moving again, everything seemed as good as new, or as good as the worn heavily used work-horse of a vehicle the half-track truly was.

The meal isn't rushed but it isn't leisurely either. It's efficient. It takes exactly as long as it needs to, the cookie wrapping things up with the same surliness he portioned it out with.

With a very old fashioned "Move'em out!" Walcott's trail boss hollers. On her signal the caravan lurches forward. The heavy vehicles make all sorts of groaning and grinding noises (good and bad) as they struggle to fight their massive inertia and attain some semblance of forward motion.

The next 50 miles or so is torturous. Max speed for everything that flies below 50 feet is around 20 or 25 miles per hour. Rocky outcroppings and weird mushroom growths that explode in noxious puffs when anyone passes with a few feet of them make a maze of impassible terrain. The hills recede to their right a few miles, but the sandhills have caved in leaving sandy cliffs that would be difficult to cross with the vehicles.

Difficult to cross by vehicles, but not by the agile ostrasaurus.

Four hours after they pass the happy mushroom land (thank goodness for EBA!) Daphne sees movement on the other side of the hills, out north a ways. Maybe twenty miles, there's a hundred or so ostrasaurus with about eight simvan riding herd. They're running hard west, parallel to the caravan's route.

The caravan is crossing a broad, flat plain, full of tall grasses rooted in the sandy soil. It's the most generous land they've crossed in hours. They see a few giant dragonflies, maybe three or four feet long, but they seem benign. The mosquitos, while not giant or otherwise fantastical, are still bad.

Walcott radios in to Beckett, "We're gonna stop and let the engines cool down, any reason we shouldn't?
What are you doing?


GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)


It's okay to hate me.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu May 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 29

Rocky after hearing that there are possible unfriendly in the area. is a bit on edge? When he hears Walcott mention shutting the engines down he Speaks up, "Recon one here, Might be a good idea to stop and check what the Simvans are doing but we need to find a good area that we can defend. I don’t like the idea that Simvans are so close.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon May 21, 2018 5:46 am

Perception:1d100 = 56 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 24
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel listiens to the call Rocky pit out over the radio. Yes, we do need to keep on eye on those Simvans. Probably not much sleep till we hit a town. Joys of merc life. "E, here. Roger that. I'll go do some recon and try to find a spot and signal if I find one." Ernstweavle takes one of the hovercycles and speeds off to find a location to circle the wagons, so to speak. (Navigation 1d100 = 66/52% to fnd a sutible place to camp for the night.Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 90/55% to fnd a sutible place to camp for the night.) If there is nothing close to their proximity then Ernstweavel will head back to the caravan, otherwise he will stay and secure the site.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 3
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 69

Samantha is flying high overhead and watches the Simvan's push the convoy into the area that Walcott want's to rest at. "Convoy let's keep moving for a short bit of time, but we can slow down... Something doesn't seem right."

She quickly raido's over to Rocky and John on the MARS team frequency, "Rocky, John, do you have any means to scout the field ahead. Also, the bogies on the other side of the ridge are herding dinosaurs. Do you think that's going to be a problem." Samantha's gut is screaming at her to make a ninety degree turn and go behind the herd. "We need to address if we should contact the Simvan's as friendlies. Or we identify them as hostiles."

Samantha wasn't prone to anxiety too much. But with protecting a convoy, a group of civilians who may or may not be trained in combat, she worried about their safety. Command trained you for this Sammy, you can do it. Remember your training. She tries to psych herself up for this potential deadly encounter
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue May 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 84

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Lore: Demons & Monsters (behavior of the Simvan and/or dinosaurs, are they passing through or hunting?) 97%: 1d100 = 73
Anthropology (more insight into what the Simvan are doing) 75%: 1d100 = 11

John closes his eyes and concentrates on Sharak's perceptions and sharp vision to look ahead of the convoy. Triggering his radio he says, "I wouldn't try talking to the Simvan. Human is a delicacy for them, especially dimensional human." The transmission trails off in a chuckle. It's hard to tell if he's kidding or not about the last part. He also relays whatever insights he has about the behavior he observes. "I'll scout ahead."

He asks Miyo or anyone else on the barge to watch his body and settles comfortably to prepare himself to project astrally (Astral Projection, 30 minute duration, 0 PPE due to nearby nexus).

Once free of his body he does a quick search of the area at or near top speed looking for obvious threats. If he finds none he slows down to do a more careful survey of the area using the birds eye view he got earlier of the area through Sharak's eyes as a guide. Once he's done he returns to his body and reports in.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat May 26, 2018 7:37 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

If there is some one that can take the wheel Rocky climbs in the back and settleds down. He is going to Astral Travel. He knows the Simvan and the Beast they ride might sense him, but if he is sneaks around and is careful he might be able to find out what they are trying to do.

he goes low and will come up on the end of the Simvans he will try to figure out if they are part of a plan to attack the their group.
Astral travel (Ring)
Prowl 1d100 = 97 98%
Telepathy (4)

He travels back to his body to report.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1730, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 61, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

I'LL KEEP ROLLING ALONG
Erstweavel takes off after hearing Rocky's report. He scouts ahead and between the sand and dust, E can't be sure if his his scouting is finding anything useful. He returns about ten minutes later, and finds the caravan stopped only a mile or so from where he'd left them.

Walcott relayed Sam's recommendation to her team. They carry on for about a mile as E zips off ahead. Where they crawl to a halt, the grasses are little bit thinner and the ground rises about twenty feet above the rest of plain. Easier targets, but harder to ambush, maybe. Maybe not, but that's where they had to stop anyway.

Sam's tact takes her high enough over the herd to get an excellent view of the terrain and the bogies*. Tracking them for a few minutes and she is clocks them at about 50mph, wheeling and dividing to avoid obstacles like a school of fish. She gains a little more altitude, maybe to 20,000 feet. In the distance, fifteen to twenty miles northwest is a settlement of some kind. It's identifiable from several columns of smoke and heat prominent heat signatures.

At the caravan, John recalls some of the facts and figures and other more qualitative data he has learned about the simvan. A small group of warriors and a large herd typically is not a war-band. It is like that a temporary camp is relatively close. Taking a protected position on the barge, John projects into the astral plane. He is able to scout the herd and its dino-herders. Sharak's senses don't help too much adding to the picture. The bird's ability to sense evil was generally infallible, but now the results were sort of borderline. Evil sometimes is a relative term, and the simvan eat other sentient beings, which is generally considered evil. But it is part of their nature, and they don't do it out of the malevolent tendencies one generally associates with evil. So maybe that's why Sharak's intuition was a little off right now.

Rocky's similar scouting focuses on the targets' minds. His topical read of their minds "hears" thoughts about the herd, being hungry, being tired and wanting to turn in at camp. The visions of their waiting, imagined, meal are fairly disturbing, even the humanoid on the spit is vague and ill defined in the vision.

The rest of the caravan and MARS crew takes up defensive positions around the small hill. The buzzing mosquitoes find their way into everything. The giant dragonflies hover here and there, zooming around seemingly at random. Their bodies are the size of gallon bucket, the spindly tail almost disappears except for a large baseball sized bulb at the end. It sounds like a small hurricane when it buzzes within a couple feet of anyone.

What are you doing?
*If I remember correctly, a bogie is a possible threat, whereas a confirmed threat is a bandit.

GM Note:
  1. Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
    1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
    2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
    3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
    4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
    5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
    6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed May 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 83
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 93

Rocky returns to his body and then wakens. He looks around and keys his mike to alert the others, “Samm and Mars, Recon One here, the Simvans seem to be heading for a temporary camp, the heard is hungry so I believe they are about to feed. The real bad thing is, I think they enjoy eating us, cooked I think. I think we need to take the offensive and disperse this group of critters. But we need more information.”

Rocky thinks about what he has heard about these Simvans when he was down in the Pecos region. "They sometimes atttack small towns and othe settlements and wipe them out. Yea remember the days riding with the gang down here, Simvan camps full of human bones. It takes a lot to feed them and their mounts. You knew when we interrupted them, the bones were still there they hadn't fed them to their critters."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 am

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 74

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

Returning to his body John keys the radio, "I didn't find anything but the Simvan, a small group like that is just to move the herd. It isn't a war party."

Closing his eyes and concentrating the mage returns to viewing the world from Sharak's point of view soaring above. He keeps an eye on the movement of the Simvan and keys the mic again after Rocky speaks. "Likely there's a larger settlement nearby. Are you sure you want to stir up that particular hornet's nest? If we can locate the settlement maybe we can detour around and leave well enough alone."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:38 am

Perception:1d100 = 17 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 76
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

”I agree with John. There’s no need to get into a firefight with them if we don't have to. I suggest that we keep a watch and the caravan shouldn’t get too comfortable. Be ready to move at a moments notice. That is, unless you guys wanna push on through the night, to put some distance between us?“ Ernstweavel replies, then he puts down the radio. With the hum of the hoverbike and sprawling landscape puts him in calm state for the moment. He decides to scout a bit more and at the same time take in the view. Once he gets back to the convoy he helps prepare the camp for the night. All the while keeping an eye out for any attacks.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 40
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 85

Over the radios Rocky speaks, “Recon one here, if you want I can do my thing and scout out the town. I just need a little lift to get close.”

Rocky thinks of getting a lift close buy and then taking a few jumps using his ring to get close and see what is going on. This is nomal for Rocky get in see what is happening take out a few of the people and leave them wondering what in the world happen.

If he is OK he will get into his Special Crystal Armor take a few charges and some pistols
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1745, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

A Handbook for the Prairie Traveller wrote:A Handbook for the Prairie Traveller
Being a Resource for the Traveller of the Modern Prairie, Plains and Environs of Similar Nature

Theodora "Teddy" Matilda Rose, Marshall Testament, Ret.

INCLUDES:
Routes - First Aid - Recommended Clothing, Shelter, Provisions - Selection and Maintenance of a Variety of Conveyances - Information Concerning Aggressive Wildlife, Hostile Sentient Being - Information Concerning Hostile Foreign Militaries

Published by the Office of the Baron, PA 65

Publisher's Note: The Office of the Baron of Testament has continued to publish this handbook for sale in the Baronies and beyond. Theodora "Teddy" M. Rose was a hardnosed Marshal in Testament and spent a large part of her twenty year carrier traversing the west in pursuit of justice and the defense of the Barionies. She died of old age in PA 99 in her home outside of Testament proper.

From "Selection and Maintenance of a Variety of Conveyances"
...with the surge in available rapid transportation methods, it is ofter assumed by some that the world will soon be connected by a civilized network of safe routes between population centers. This is not in slightest bit true.
...small fast vehicles such as a hover bike or power armor, are certainly much more prevalent. But they are not useful for commerce. They have no refrigerated containers for the transport of fresh beef. They have no capability for the transport of bulk items, such as grains. Such things must be transported by large, slow means. The smaller vehicles are of uncontested value as outriders and scouts. The importance of the caravan itself must needs be analyzed.
The caravan...consisting of large vehicles...has by definition a more limited choice of routes. While indeed the wealthy and more arrogant nation states may posses the ability to field aircraft to fill these roles, that will not be typical of most travelers and as such, the rough and unpredictable terrain becomes a primary point of consideration of any caravan. As such, vehicles traveling in these regions must assume frequent breakdowns in equipment and a top speed maybe a tithe of the top performance of vehicle in question.

From "Information Concerning Aggressive Wildlife, Hostile Sentient Being"
The simvan: We rarely pass judgement on other sentient races in the Baronies, it being one of our tenants to be tolerant of other beings. Where the simvan are regarded however, our policy is to shoot on sight.


INCIDENT OF THE CANNIBAL CAMP
Scouting is a reasonable choice, and Rock, John and the Big E contribute in their own unique way.

All three (plus a familiar) are cognizant of the Sun's position in the sky, it is dropping inexorably towards the Rockies looming in the distance. It is not dark or even twilight yet, but once the Sun falls behind those lofty peaks, it will become dark fast. The atmospheric conditions are conducive to scouting, the sky is clear, the wind is light and there is near silence. The susurration of the grasses surrounding them and a barely audible slow burbling of distant water creates a soft background noise. The giant dragonflies have gone to ground, the two or three degree dip in temperature apparently is enough to signal night time to their simplistic insect brains.

On the flip side, these conditions equally favor the simvan.

Sharak may have been confused somewhat by the existential meaning of evil, but John is not. Looking through the familiar's eyes, John sees the simvan camp. Then he sees what Sam did not, another group of huts and camp fires, and another. There are three camps. He does not know about the simvan specifically, but his studies of behavior of a variety of civilizations generally are in agreement that a grouping of more than one tribe-as indicated by the separate camps-in one location is the indicator of some larger, regional decision in progress.

Utilizing the birds telescopic vision, John can see ample evidence of cannibalism. Even to the horrifying vision of recognizable humanoid parts cooking over open flames. That even isn't enough to trigger the bird's evil detector, but as it wheels about crossing near the space between the three camps, there's a flicker, like a dormant evil, something yet to unfold.

Cruising along before retiring to camp, Ernstweavel does his best looking by not looking, keeping his eyes moving and his senses open for input. And he's rewarded. Off in the distance, maybe a mile, maybe more, he spots two ostrasaurus moving slowly revealed by a break in the landscape. They are traveling in a roughly northerly direction. He can not see any simvan, but all his instincts are screaming at him that those dinos are being led by someone. From ground level, they disappear into the terrain after only a few seconds.

Sam or one of the other fliers gives Rocky a boost to the camp. Rock spends a lot of time being repulsed. It distracts him almost completely form gathering more information. In abstract, cannibalism is horrific, but presented with it in process and at close hand, it is almost too much for the psi-ghost to handle. He quickly skirts the camp and comes out along one edge and is struck by another shock. There is a wave of supernatural evil coming from something nearby. But it was a wave, then it was gone. It was accompanied by a burst of ambient magic, kind of like the nimbus of mystic energy that flows off a ley line.

And as bad as cannibalism is, this evil leaves Rocky feeling much, much worse.

What are you doing?

GM Note:


Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:59 am

Perception:1d100 = 32 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 65
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

”Ernstweavel here. I just saw some a couple of ostrasaurus, heading in a northerly fashion. “ Ernstweavel reports back to the group his findings. (Navigation 52% / 1d100 = 25 -Zoology 55% / 1d100 = 83 - Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% / 1d100 = 70, to predict the route and direction the ostrasaurus are moving and possibly a reasoning) Giving as much detail has he can about what he saw. With the sun setting his urgency for some type of plan grows. He tires to think of one himself but with his lack of experience and skills, combined with his average intelligence, he comes up short handed. THe more he thinks about formulating one the more his head hurts. Man, I whish I was smarter, then I could help come up with a good plan. Maybe I just need some more experience. No, I got it. I just have to travel to some other dimension and find something there to make me smarter. Once I get done with this job, I'll have to go and do some research. Ugh, bookwork but small price to pay. Afterwards Ernstweavel looks for a quiet spot to sit a meditate for a few minutes, to help clear his head. The moment his head clears he opens his eyes and resumes his normal routine. Helping out wherever he can.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 41
JIC d20: 1d20 = 8
JIC d100: 1d100 = 50

When Rocky came back he Informs the others of what he saw and Felt. He shakes his head and says, “There are several of them and they are eating others. They are definitely a force that we will and should take care of and not just for the safety of the convoy but for others in this area.”

Rocky shift a bit before continuing, “There was an undeniable feeling of supernatural evil. When I was going through the camp it was there and then it wasn’t.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 43
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 25

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

And there's the camp... and another... and, uh oh. Returning his attention to his own senses John crosses over to the pilot's compartment on the barge and steps inside. Hitting the PTT button on his radio he says, "There are three, repeat, three camps of Simvan. It would take something major for three tribes to gather so closely like this." Accessing the navigation system on the barge he places markers where he estimates the three camps are located and sends an update to the rest of the convoy vehicles. "We're only a hundred miles or so out of Fort Comanche, maybe we could raise them on the radio, or I could send a pigeon. Or, how far are we from Fort Prospect? This might be something the 1st Calvary would like to know about."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:40 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1815, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE
Walcott was on the comm during Big E, Rocky and John's recon reports. She brings her aircar in for a landing fifty feet or so--basically out of earshot--and calls for the scouts and MARS leadership to discuss the findings. She's clearly concerned. And concerned enough to not want to spook the crew.

It's starting to get dark. Apparently Walcott gave instructions to her people to make camp, they are building a cheery campfire and breaking out gear. The camp kitchen gets up and running.

But MARS aren't part of that.

"So, I need a summary, what do we do?" Walcott asks the gathered team.

And then the answer is quite simple.

The little campfire explodes, sparks cover the camp. A extra large, scarier than normal looking simvan is wreathed within the flames.

What are you doing?

GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Perception 85%: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 90

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE)

John shields his eyes from the explosion and glares at Walcott, "Don't your people know how far a fire can be seen out here?!" Not waiting for an answer he runs for the fire reaching into a belt pouch as he goes. Taking out the drone sphere he switches it on, tosses it into the air and says, "Orbit the camp, one mile radius, report all movement."

Going to have to go over basic security if we survive this.

When he reaches the fire he pulls away anyone he thinks is too close, taking care not to hurt any of them but also being quick about it. Placing himself between the simvan and any squishes he says, "Evening, can we help you with something?" John will cast Tongues if necessary.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:44 am

Perception:1d100 = 19 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 40
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE)

Ernstweavel is standing around the group discussing their next course of actions, when the camp fire explodes and shoots sparks and debris into the air. He shields himself. Afterwards he assess the damage, helping anyone who immediately need help. (First Aid 60% / 1d100 = 99 ) Ernstweavel continues to tend to the wounded until he notices the simvan emerges from the flames. At that moment he takes up a defensive position, readying himself for combat. A momentary pause comes over Ernstweavel as John interjects himself in front of the simvan. What is he doing? Trying to talk to it?! That's pointless. Guess I got to be ready for anything with this group. Better at least give him some support. Somehow I fell tonight is going to be a long one. Ernstweavel moves, in his most non aggressive manner and positions himself to Johns right flank, ready to cast Magic Net if the needs arises. Otherwise he will leave John to try some diplomacy.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 71
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC d100: 1d100 = 45

Rocky speaks up quickly to Samm and Walcott, “We have two choices wait till they get organized and charge us or saddle up and ride like hell. I say head for the place we found them feasting with a fast strike force the rest goes up and over the ridge. No lights but use night optics. Leave the fire going it may make them think we are down here and buy us some time.”

At this Rocky head to his jeep. “Samm with your permission. Those airborne try to catch up with any Simvan scouts and kill them. If we can lure the main body of the Simvan south we might be able to give the others that are going up the ridge a chance to get by them.”

“Use the 'Parthian shots' some times called the parting shot. We go to town with our fast vehicles, hit them hard, then run a bit and set up the next strike, we want them to chase us. Shoot again. Aim for the riders or damage a whole group. We do this two times then head back to the convoy if they don’t bite on the bait we need to take out a bundle before they get to the convoy.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:14 am

((ROLLS CARRIED OVER))

Rocky wrote:“Samm with your permission. Those airborne try to catch up with any Simvan scouts and kill them. If we can lure the main body of the Simvan south we might be able to give the others that are going up the ridge a chance to get by them.”

“Use the 'Parthian shots' some times called the parting shot. We go to town with our fast vehicles, hit them hard, then run a bit and set up the next strike, we want them to chase us. Shoot again. Aim for the riders or damage a whole group. We do this two times then head back to the convoy if they don’t bite on the bait we need to take out a bundle before they get to the convoy.”


As Rocky is explaining his plan of action Ernstweavel listens but still keeping an eye on the simvan. Ready to react if needed. Keeping his staff in a defensive position in front of him. His heartbeats about throbbing in his throat. His adrenaline coursing through veins makes him on edge and antsy to act. ”I think that's it great we’re coming up with a plan but we need to deal with the one in the camp first. I don't think he came here to talk but we can give John a shot at it. Just be ready to take him out. If there's one here then there are probably more not too far away. Keep an eye out for them.”

The more time we spend debating a plan, those damn simvans get a better position to take us out. Shoot them first, then ask the dead questions. Dead ones are easier to deal with.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1816, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent

Incident at the Campfire Map 1.jpg

Map Scale: 1 square=5 feet
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE, PART II
Altruism is a great thing. So is planning. Evil simvan necromancers aren't into altruism. And when the evil simvan necromancers make a big fiery entrance, their time for planning is long past.

So as John tries to talk the evil simvan necromancer into not slaughtering anyone, and while Rocky is planning with Walcott, Big E is the one who made the right call. But being right and being ready are slightly different. When the evil simvan necromancer immolates one of Walcott's crew, Ernsteavel's magic net is just a split second to late to catch the evil simvan necromancer (let's call him the ESN).

The ESN attacked at random first, the truck driving writhing in agony on the ground was just a target of opportunity. Now however, two shiny new targets have presented themselves. One is a quick draw caster and the other is a fearless, well the ESN is not really sure what John is at the moment.

Rocky, Walcott and Beckett are far enough away to only partially see what's going on, but the first victim's screams paint a pretty accurate picture.

Happy day! Roll Initiative!

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    One Vagabond Driver on fire


GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 87
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 4
Initiative 1d20 = 6

As Rocky starts heading for the hover he hears the scream of a man dying in agony. He quickly gets on the radio and ask what is going on, “John, Ernst, Sit Rep.”. He decides that he needs to act also so he heads to the battle. (80 to 90 feet away)
Rocky on the way to the battle activates his force field on his armor (Forcefield - 70 MDC ) and then grabs his UTI Zapper Gun and a Phase Sword.
Rocky 6 Actions

Action 1
Talking and Running, Speed 33

Action 2 pulling out the Zapper gun

Action 3 pulling out the phase sword

Action 4 shoot the bad guy

Strike 1d20+5 = 20
Damage 2d4 = 2M.D.
Save: pg 150 of GMG, take an extra 1d6 to themselves loose init, -1 combat action for 1d4 rounds Humanoids roll 14 or higher
1d4 = 4rounds
Action 5
Strike 1d20+5 = 9
Damage 2d4 = 5M.D.
Save: pg 150 of GMG, take an extra 1d6 to themselves loose init, -1 combat action for 1d4 rounds Humanoids roll 14 or higher
1d4 = 4rounds
Action 6
Strike 1d20+5 = 8
Damage 2d4 = 8M.D.
Save: pg 150 of GMG, take an extra 1d6 to themselves loose init, -1 combat action for 1d4 rounds Humanoids roll 14 or higher
1d4 = 1rounds
Parry: 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 9
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:56 am

Perception:1d100 = 66 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 96
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

Ernstweavel flinches as the screams fill his ears. Watching one of the vanguards being set on fire, his heart rate skips a beat. He shakes his head in disbelief.

Damn it. I couldn't act fast enough. I hope he's not hurt too bad. We got to take out this monstrosity and fast. First we got to get this fire under control.

Being angered, about not being able to help the other members, Ernstweavel decides to make the first set of actions.”We need someone to get some control of that fire. I'll try and keep the simvan occupied until then. He then begins to speak in some incomprehensible words and raises his hand at the same time. Calling forth the energies sounding him to materialize in to a protective barrier. Felling protected enough for the moment, he begins to go on the offensive. As in one fluid speech and movement be begins to weave more magic energies. Targeting the ESN’s left arm and tries paralyze it. His next set of actions is to manifest a Magic Net to ensnare the enemy. ”Tala Kaush Muktal. Doh loon ashgod. Zu Nag Bo Hickla. Shook Bela.” A split second after Ernstweavel is finished speaking three images of the magic caster appears out of nowhere. He then moves in to strike ESN with his staff, if the fire has been contained. Otherwise he will move himself closer. As he takes his first steps he holds tight onto his staff and with a thought turns himself invisible. At the same time he prepares himself for a counter attack.

Combat Actions
Initiative: 1d20 = 18
APM: 6

Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan : 10 PPE Duration: 8 minutes, 32 melee 80 MDC

Action 2: Cast Paralysis: lesser : 5 PPE Duration: 8 minutes, 32 melee Saving Throw: standard Victums

Action 3: Cast Magic Net : 10 PPE Duration: 16 melee Saving Throws: dodge of 16 or higher

Action 4: Cast Multiple Image : 7 PPE Duration: 8 minutes, 32 melee Saving Throws: -4 to save vs Magic

Action 5: Become invisible via Isolde's Courage and move in to strike from the north side of the map or move to his north flank.

Action 6: Strike with Isolde's Courage. Attack: 1d20+3 = 23 Damage: 1d8 MD to Magic or Supernatural creatures otherwise SDC or Reserved for dodge 1d20 = 7

Rolls for Parries : 6d20:
8, 12, 12, 20, 11, 20
rolls do not include bonus of +6
Last edited by Ernstweavel on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 22

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

John realizes his mistake as the truck driver bursts into flames. Crap. He had thought the sudden appearance of the Simvan was a mere illusion, a distraction, not an actual attack. To Sharak he says, "There's bound to be more, keep an eye out." Not wasting any more time he quickly chants an incantation to deal with the fire and puts out the screaming driver then flings himself into the fight.

APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 10

Action 1: Cast Extinguish Flame (4 PPE, Range 280', Duration 56 rounds)
Action 2: Put out the truck driver
Action 3: Start casting Fleet Feet on self
Action 4: Finish casting Fleet Feet (20 PPE, Duration 28 rounds, x2 APM/PP/Spd, -2 initiative, not likely to see a surprise attack, -20% to delicate skills)
Action 5: Cast Armor of Ithan on self (10 PPE, Duration 56 rounds, 140 MDC, half damage from magic fire/lightning/cold)
Action 6: Draw Kisentite Katana
Action 7: Punch ESN in the face to draw his attention. Strike: 1d20+9 = 14 Damage: 3d6+4 = 17 MD
Action 8: Sword Strike on ESN. Strike: 1d20+14 = 21 Damage: 8d6+7 = 29 MD

Sword Auto-Parry (add +18): 8d20:
1, 2, 3, 16, 15, 4, 4, 9
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:52 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1816.15, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent

Incident at the Campfire Map 1.jpg

Map Scale: 1 square=5 feet
Note: I'm lazy. All that's changed on the map really is Rocky's location. Use your imagination!!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE, PART III
Big E seems the most on top of things right out of the gate, but the fast and furious action soon engages and who's going first is lost in all the commotion. But when things shake out, this could be how it went:
Big E did some magic, but no one noticed...at first. The bad guy, properly known by the official codename, ESN, was upset with John mostly, so he shot him with a fire bolt. It singed the fancy scholar a little, nothing too bad. His arm gets paralyzed! Then he and E get in a magic-net duel, E loses! He shoots another fire bolt, this time at the captured Ernstweavel, doing a fair amount of singing. His unfortunate distraction, that is, concentrating on Big E, costs him, maybe his life. Zap-a-zap and the ESN ain't doin' nothin' after a few shots from Rocky's famous Zapper Gun. Infamous? So when John approaches and gently punches the Simvan in his ugly mug, John certainly has his attention. And the ESN can to absolutely nothing as John's fancy sword impacts on the baddie's magic armor. The magic armor goes pop and one very scared, angry looking paralyzed simvan stands before all three of the MARS members and a large angry group of teamsters.

And somewhere in all the fracas John managed to put out the fire on the burning guy. He's hurt bad, but should live with reasonably timely first aid.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    One Vagabond Driver injured
    John -12MD fire damage to outer layer of armor
    Ernstweavel -18 AoI, In magic net. Note: Multiple Images NOT cast (unless it can be when trapped in a magic net...which is no right?)

    A seriously paralyzed ESN


GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:42 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 28

Conditions: 233/257 PPE, Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round), Extinguish Flame (55 rounds), Fleet Feet (27 rounds), Armor of Ithan (55 rounds, 134 MDC)

With ESN paralyzed and out of action John sheaths his sword and puts out any remaining fire while also checking in telepathically and by radio with Sharak and his drone to see if any other Simvan have been located around the camp. He frees Ernst with a Dispel Magic Barriers (20 PPE) and details several men to helping the burned driver.

Assuming the area is clear of hostiles and other strangeness for the moment John will turn his attention to the captured Simvan. First he removes any weapons or armor ESN is carrying then begins to question the would be raider using a combination of old fashioned (Charm/Impress 90%: 1d100 = 38, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%: 1d100 = 7) and magical Charm (12 PPE, RUE p. 207).

"Why did you attack us?"
"What was your plan?"
"How many more in your raiding party?"
"Why are all these tribes gathered here?"
"What is the safest route west for our caravan?"


John casts Tongues if needed to facilitate the questioning and plays along with the feelings generated by the Charm spell as if he is a close friend and confidant of the Simvan, he will even make a show of defending the creature against any shouted or acted on threats by the onlookers (Performance 77%: 1d100 = 35). If anyone has questions to add he will ask those as well.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:30 am

Perception:1d100 = 35 / 32%
JIC:1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 72
Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), AoI (62 MD, 32 Rounds), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

Oh, for the love of magic. How did I not see this coming? Am I that stupid. No, can't be. I know I'm not that smart but I should have been smarter than this. Damn. I don't think i have anything that will cut through this. Mut staff is to dull and I'm not sure about my pistol. Well at least I distracted him long enough for John to handle him. Ernstweavel thrashes about frantically trying to free himself from the net, muttering a few intangible swear words in the process. ”Um, I'm a bit embarrassed but does anyone think they can help me out? I don't have the right magic and unfortunately I have no sharp objects to me free with.”

John wrote:He frees Ernst with a Dispel Magic Barriers (20 PPE) and details several men to helping the burned driver.


When John releases Ernstweavel from him restraints, he gathers himself and stands up. Brushing any visible dust he turns to John and gives the man a slight head nod in sign of thanks. ”Thank you. Much appreciated.” Ernstweavel then walks around tending to the burn victims, helping where he can and also keeping his attention turned to ESN and the interrogation. (First Aid 60% / 1d100 = 98 and Light Healing 6 PPE ) After the most dire victims are stabilized he focus all of his attention to the interrogation. As John as his questions Ernstweavel tries to help convey a sense of trust. (Charm/Impress 5% / 1d100 = 10, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 30% /1d100 = 23 ) if that avenue of tactics does not work then Ernstweavel will try and intimidate ESN. Threatening the captive with acts of slow and painful torture. (Invoke Trust/Intimidate 30% / 1d100 = 34) Not having much question for ESN, Ernstweavel rummages through the captives belongings to see if he can find anything that might help answer some of the questions the group has. ( Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment 42% / 1d100 = 76- to check and see if he has anything enchanted)
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 28
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3
JIC d100: 1d100 = 71
Initiative 1d20 = 12
Condition
[dice]Rocky on the way to the battle activates his force field on his armor (Forcefield - 70 MDC ) and then grabs his UTI Zapper Gun and a Phase Sword.[/dice]

Rocky arrives next to ESN and uses one of the applications of can MDC to bind his hand and blind fold him. (4d6 MD) ESN “Is everyone OK, take care of the hurt, and get people back to the vehicles, now! Ernest take our captive back if he gives you a tough time give it to him back tenfold.”

Rocky 6 Actions
Action 1
Get can of MDC repair out
Action 2
Spray to bind Arms behind back and over eyes so he can’t see.
Action 3
Speaking and moving people back to the vehicles
Action 4
Getting ready to move out
Action 5
get the group Moving
Action 6
“Wallcot what are we doing. Heading north? Going through the Town shooting up the Simians ?”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 69 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 9 | 1d100 = 21

Samantha is with Wolcott when the fire and explosion kicks off, Holy... "Shit!" Samantha quickly scrambles to her fighter and gets to the nimble jet when the commotion is over, and the Necro-Simvan is captured(?). Grabbing her magical knife and her rifle, she heads over to Wolcott again when Rocky comes over. "Rocky, hold up. We need to make some time and understand what is going on here. I want to be clear, if we can leave them in peace, we will. But if they become aggressive we will protect our own. Let's give our team a chance."

Her hand reaches up to her helmet, Samantha radios over to John and Ernst, "John, Ernst, by any chance can either of you set up some sort of mystical camouflage that can protect our camp and hide our fires?" [OOC: I'm looking for Illusory Wall [/OOC]

Samantha turns to Wolcott and starts barking orders, "I want you to place some sentries over here, here, and here around camp." Samantha starts to point to the outer perimeter, where each sentry has a one hundred twenty degree view of the area. "We will need to keep the noise down, and hopefully the smells as well."

That reminds me, "Miho!" Samantha quickly scans for the Tribal Native. Waving the warrior woman down, she quickly sketches out a plan for the woman. "I know you can commune with the spirits, is it possible for you to make sure that all smells from our camp go away from the Simvan tribal people over there?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1818, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent

Incident at the Campfire Map 1.jpg

Map Scale: 1 square=5 feet
Note: I'm lazy. All that's changed on the map really is Rocky's location. Use your imagination!!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE, PART IV
John's remote sensors reveal a band of simvan spread out upon the ridge, but they seem to be retreating. Two dozen warriors are fading away into the grasses.

Focusing all their collective "charm" on the ESN, John, Big E and have the creatures full attention. By the numbers:
    "Why did you attack us?"
      "He that is lord of the underworld commanded that it be so.
    "What was your plan?"
      "He that is lord of the underworld revealed to us only that we were to stop you, by killing you."
    "How many more in your raiding party?"
      "He that is lord of the underworld allowed us two raiding parties."
    "Why are all these tribes gathered here?"
      "He that is lord of the underworld decreed that it shall be."
    "What is the safest route west for our caravan?"
      "He that is lord of the underworld is coming. There is nowhere safe for you. Nowhere."

Rocky moves about the camp repairing, restraining, and being generally helpful. He meets up wth Beckett and Walcott as they make it to the campsite. He encourages the drivers to get their gear packed up, and they respond with alacrity.

So when Beckett and Walcott reach the scene of the fight, the crew is halfway to being all ready to go. The crews look at Walcott for additional direction when Beckett starts issuing more orders. Walcott scowls and says, "Do what she says! That's why they're here." Walcott than adds to the instructions, "Don't cook any of the food, only use the cold rations."

Beckett can see Miho sitting on the aft deck of the barge. But upon closer inspection, as she is non-responsive to Beckett's calls. When she climbs up onto the deck, she finds Miho catatonic, blood dripping from her nose, eyes and ears. She may have pissed herself. The tribal woman is not dead, a quick check reveals a low pulse. She is at a standard temperature--other cursory exams show that she is maintaining homeostasis.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    A seriously paralyzed ESN



GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Perception:1d100 = 64 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 98
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), AoI (62 MD, 24 Rounds), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


Maniacal Laugh wrote:"Why did you attack us?"
"He that is lord of the underworld commanded that it be so.
"What was your plan?"
"He that is lord of the underworld revealed to us only that we were to stop you, by killing you."
"How many more in your raiding party?"
"He that is lord of the underworld allowed us two raiding parties."
"Why are all these tribes gathered here?"
"He that is lord of the underworld decreed that it shall be."
"What is the safest route west for our caravan?"
"He that is lord of the underworld is coming. There is nowhere safe for you. Nowhere."


Lord of the Underworld? Which lord? This seems a little too easy. Why would he want us to know this information? At the mention of the lord of the underworld Ernstweavel begins to recall anything that might have any connection to this lord. (Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% / 1d100 = 16, Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 55% / 1d100 = 71, Mythology 50% / 1d100 = 3). With so many question floating around in his head, Ernstweavel suggests a series of more questions to ask ESN. More appropriately, he relays John to ask the questions for him. Where does the Lord of the underworld make his lair, in this plane of existence? Why would he choose you, and your clan, to be his servants? Why does he want us dead? “


After the extra interrogation is completed Ernstweavel helps the camp get ready. Not having much in the way of mytstical barriers or group protection, he performs acts of physical labor, moving this or that. If needed he will also give first aid relief to those in need (First Aid 60% / 1d100 = 72). During the the whole time he keeps an ear and eye out for more intruders.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 55

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round), Extinguish Flame (48 rounds), Fleet Feet (20 rounds), Armor of Ithan (48 rounds, 134 MDC), Charm (49 rounds, on ESN)

John asks Sharak to return to the camp and keeps the bird in reserve while ordering the drone to follow the retreating Simvan warriors discreetly to make sure they really are calling off the raid; telling it to return if it's spotted or attacked. Turning to ESN he asks, "How many were in the raiding party? Why are they retreating? What was the plan of attack? Who else knows where our camp is?" If from the answers it seems like there are more Simvan than the drone has found he sends Sharak in search of the rest and warns everyone that there might be more hostiles in the area.

The mention of the 'lord of the underworld' has the him reaching into his pocket and rolling Odin's ring through his fingers. I wonder if this has something to do with that mess with the Aesir? Is this lord trying to stop the caravan or just me?

Ernstweavel wrote:With so many question floating around in his head, Ernstweavel suggests a series of more questions to ask ESN. More appropriately, he relays John to ask the questions for him. Where does the Lord of the underworld make his lair, in this plane of existence? Why would he choose you, and your clan, to be his servants? Why does he want us dead? “

He relays Ernst's questions and adds a few more of his own to try and identify the lord. "Does your Lord have a name? Hel? Apsu?" John rattles off a few more that come to memory (Lore: Demons & Monsters 102%: 1d100 = 82, Lore: Mythology 102%: 1d100 = 74, Lore: Religion 95%: 1d100 = 32) If the name game doesn't work he tries to get a description. "Have you seen your lord? What does he look like? Or even one of his servants?" If the Charm gets close to ending he will extend it with Energize Spell (BOM p. 111)

Beckett wrote:Her hand reaches up to her helmet, Samantha radios over to John and Ernst, "John, Ernst, by any chance can either of you set up some sort of mystical camouflage that can protect our camp and hide our fires?" [OOC: I'm looking for Illusory Wall [/OOC]

John radios, "Yeah I got something," and kicks himself for not thinking of it earlier. Although the whole stopping, fire starting, necromancer attacking bit happened pretty quickly. The mage moves to the edge of camp closest to the Simvan villages and crafts an illusion appropriate for the terrain, placing it ideally to screen the camp from all three villages but if that's not possible at least the closest. (Illusory Wall, 30 PPE, 7 hour duration, BOM p. 112)
Last edited by John on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 74
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC d100: 1d100 = 47
Rocky continues to check on the readiness of the camp. Making sure Samm’s orders are carried out. “Keep your eyes open. If you see something strange tell someone, it might not be your imagination playing tricks on you. Team up and cover your buddy. We might have to move out in a second, know where your ride is and when the time comes move fast. One buddy at a time and then cover your buddy. Check that you have a full clip. Aimed shots and conserve. Let’s not lose anyone on a Joey Grunt move. Now keep your voices down, Listen! Move your eyes back and forth scan the area. Don’t get fixated.”

Rocky goes around to all the position and checks on the men, he makes adjustments as needed.

He goes over to the two fliers he has and tells them what he like them to do. “Samm, Daphne one up and circling high need you to call shots where they are coming from. The other is a reserve, where they are going to hit we want to blunt them so they don’t want to come in.”

He talks to the other Mars personal, “You’re the roving Reserves, you’re going to the various spots and concentrate fire from the area to make sure the enemy thinks there are a lot more there. Then switch to another area make them think there are a lot of us. Conserve magic, but if there are large groups make them pay. If we move out get on the barge and man the guns. I’ll try to clear a path using the hover jeep. I’ll be last out grabbing any stray.”


"Frag grenades Wallcot, can we get two per person? tell them save one for when and if we need to move out."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 2 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 62

Samantha watches in horror as Miho is laying unconscious, bloody, and soiled. I need a medic on the barge, Miho is down! Samantha radio's to the encampment. "Aft deck on the barge, hurry!" Quickly she checks for a pulse, Weak, but she's alive.

Once the medic's arrive, Samantha will let them do their thing; she is a mechanic, not a medic after all. She's in good hands, but the whole convoy is in mine. Think Sammy! Think! If Pieter was here, he'd just whip up some sort of box... John? She finds her way to John, "John, do you have any spells to make wind? Something that will keep us down wind from the Simvan camps? Or maybe something to silence my jet, I can see about it blowing it's exhaust at the camp?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:10 pm

At the radio call John, not wanting to leave ESN, sends Sharak over to where Miho lies. The bird lands nearby and watches intently as the shaman is seen to.

When Becket arrives and asks about making wind the mage smirks and says, "I've never needed a spell to break wind." He pauses a beat with a stupid grin on his face before saying, "Oh MAKE wind, uh, yeah, I suppose. Or I could create a globe of silence. If you were in that it would absorb all sound. If you're going for what I think you are though you'd be talking hours and hours. Most magic really isn't geared for something like that. Really the best thing would be something like an Air Elemental. But is it really necessary? As long as people aren't cooking food or digging latrines I think we're far enough away from the Simvan camps that it isn't much of a risk."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:47 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1825, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

INCIDENT AT THE CAMPFIRE, PART V
There are many beings that could claim the title of Lord of the Underworld. The only real one to claim that name is the Lord of Hades, Modeus. But he rarely takes direct action in places like earth. More likely it is one of his minions playing up an identity to entice the simvan, using their inherent weakness. That doesn't sound like a demon though! That sounds much more deevilish. A demon would like reveal itself to terrorize the tribes, whereas a deevil, probably a high ranking deevil, would use more subtle, manipulative tactics.

ESN Answers:
    Where does the Lord of the underworld make his lair, in this plane of existence?
      The lord of the underworld choose to reveal himself where ever we make camp
    Why would he choose you, and your clan, to be his servants?
      The lord of the underworld chooses us because we are the strongest warriors and when we feast we share the meat with the lord of the underworld
    Why does he want us dead?
      All mortals not in service to the lord of the underworld will die. The world will be cleansed.
    How many were in the raiding party?
      The lord of the underworld instructed us to provide two raiding parties of twelve warriors each.
      Note: Both E and John know that 12 is a common mythological number for a pantheon. However, it is not one the demons on deevils typically use. It is equally likely to be a red herring if a deevil is involved.
    Why are they retreating?
      The lord of the underworld now understands your capabilties
    What was the plan of attack?
      The lord of the underworld instructed us to attack until we were discovered. We approached under cover and were to kill you if possible.
    Who else knows where our camp is?
      The lord of the underworld knows and will tell all of his servants.
    Does your Lord have a name?
      The lord of the underworld is the name revealed to us, what other name could there possibly be?
    Have you seen your lord? What does he look like? Or even one of his servants?
      The lord of the underworld comes to us as a spirit of our ancestors. The lord of the underworld comes to us as darkness as befitting the lord of the underworld. We are the lord of the underworld's servants.

John conjures the magic barrier, and by all accounts it's successful.

Rocky's orders are generally carried out. These experienced trail drivers, but it's very clear this sort of attack is novel. New and unique is not a good type of simvan attack.

However, at his request for grenades, Walcott looks a little indignant, "That kind of weapon is supposed to be what you bring to the table. If you want to arm my people, fine, but don't look to me for the arms."

After the interrogation, E hears Beckett's call for aid. His rudimentary first aid skills are not enough to even begin to diagnose such a strange condition. However, it takes but a glance from E, John, and John's familiar to tell that this is not some mundane illness. Since it seems to be of a power separate from theirs, the best guess is somehow her native gods have inflicted this for some esoteric transgression. She's probably off in a spirit realm on a quest or something. That's probably it.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    A seriously paralyzed ESN



GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
[/quote]
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:53 am

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 45
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 15

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round), Extinguish Flame (20 rounds), Armor of Ithan (20 rounds, 134 MDC), Charm (21 rounds, on ESN)

John releases the breath he didn't know he was holding as ESN talks. This has nothing to do with me, or even our mission. Just wrong place wrong time. His fingers drop Odin's ring back into his pocket and he relaxes slightly. Casting a quick incantation John extends the Charm spell on the would-be attacker saying, "Wait here," and calling over his familiar to keep an eye on the Simvan.

The mage trots over to where the others are gathered near Miho, radioing his drone as he goes to stop pursuing the retreating raiding party and instead orbit the camp at a half mile range and warn of any movement. If she isn't there already he tracks down Walcott and asks her to join them.

"Well on the bright side I don't think these guys are here for us. If I had to guess I'd say they're under the thrall of some kind of Deevil. I've accounted for the whole raiding party and they're all headed back to their camp. I've also masked our camp with an illusion. But they know we're here and they're camped between us and where we need to go and as soon as those raiders get back they'll know our numbers and capability."

Crossing his arms over his chest he says, "I don't think we should attack them. All we need is a river running through here and we could call this Custer's Last Stand. At the same time we need to get our caravan through. So my idea is this. We're only a few hundred miles from Fort Prospect and the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry. This is right up their alley. We can't leave a force like this with a Deevil in charge to just roam free terrorizing any village they happen across plus we need to get these guys to Colorado. One of the jets could get to Fort Prospect in a few minutes or I could go there myself astrally and be back in under an hour."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Perception:1d100 = 56 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 57
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


Ernstweavel rushes to the aft deck of the barge when Walcott sends out her aid over the radio. He takes a thorough look, over Miho and her aliments. A perplexing looks comes over his face. ”Well, this is beyond my medical knowledge. I don't know if there is anything that I could do for her. Damn. First all those riddles from the necro and now Miho. Our group just keeps getting smaller.

John wrote:"I don't think we should attack them. All we need is a river running through here and we could call this Custer's Last Stand. At the same time we need to get our caravan through. So my idea is this. We're only a few hundred miles from Fort Prospect and the 1st Apocalyptic Cavalry. This is right up their alley. We can't leave a force like this with a Deevil in charge to just roam free terrorizing any village they happen across plus we need to get these guys to Colorado. One of the jets could get to Fort Prospect in a few minutes or I could go there myself astrally and be back in under an hour."


”That sounds like a good plan, John. Time is of the essence, so I propose that we send a jet. We might be over runned within the hour. The illusion will only fool them for a little while.” Ernstweavel pasues and takes a look out to scan the horizon. Making sure to look for any encroaching raiding parties. After the final decision on the next course of actions, Ernstweavel heads to rest of the caravan and helps the crew pack up and gather their gear. If need he will use intimidate anyone who appears to be lagging behond or not pullong their weight. ( Intimidate 30% / 1d100 = 60 )
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 62
JIC d20: 1d20 = 18
JIC d100: 1d100 = 72

Rocky is awed that the group is finally getting the idea. It is better to move out then to sit here and wait till the Simvan under Hell’s or Hades control descend on them and wipe them out.

“I Like how you’re thinking John, I think we should also inform the Native Americans, especially at Fort Comanche they should relay the messages to others quickly, not just the 1st Calvary. Head straight north? ""We were lucky we stumbled on this. I hope our luck continues. One of our people are down."

"This is bad, this is a remote area and whoever is at work here could get a good foothold and threaten all of North America. Samm I think your eyes in the sky are the best at getting the word out to others. We might even want to drop word to the CS at Lone Star, they are heavy hitters. Do you want me parking the Jeep in the barge and man a gun? Samm this is your call.”

“One other thing, I think the Simvan there needs to meet his end? They may still be in contact with him and he might give away our plan. We should say something like we are heading for Lone Star.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 48 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 83

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 11 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 40 / 40%

Samantha listens to her group, "Thanks John and Rocky." She turns her attention to Ernstweavel, "Ernst, help Daphne load Miho into the Kit-Jet and send her back to Fort Comanche. Have Daphne relay the message that there is a Simvan raiding party controlled by a Deevil, at these coordinates. Make sure Daphne stresses that not only they should be worried, but they should contact others in the area like the 1st Apocalyptic Calvary."

Looking at John, "You are right, they will be coming here. It's just a matter of time, especially if we can't take out their scouts. Is it possible for you to create another illusion of our camp about a mile in that direction." Samantha points eastward. "It's possible that we could confuse them, and give us some time when they do attack."

"Rocky, yes man the boat. We will need you there taking charge of ground positions while I'm up in the air providing air support. Even though I could make decisions in the air, a ground commander will be useful for when everything goes to hell. I have a contact in the CS that I may be able to leverage to get some movement out here."

When everyone's done commenting on her orders, Samantha steps aside and starts to use the radio in her Body Armor. I hope this works, I have never done this kind of distance, or even knowing if he has his radio nearby. Concentrating she pushes her mind to find the one person in the CS she trusts, Freeman... John Freeman. "John," Samantha starts off. "It's Samantha from MercTown. I'm working with a group of Mercenaries and we have come across a group of Simvan Raiders. They are being controlled by a Deevil, and are planning on performing massive raiding attacks in the area. My team has determined that they are a major threat, but we do not have the ability to dispatch them." She lets that sink in for a moment before continuing, "They are at the following coordinates." Samantha rattles off the coordinates of the Simvan camp. "Please help, many lives will be saved, like the help the Coalition provided to MercTown." Samantha awaits any reply from him.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:20 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 1833, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

BY THE ASHES OF THE FIRE
Daphne assists with Miho, loading her up into small jet. She nods acknowledging the message. She assures Beckett and the few remaining MARS with her that she will return as fast as is possible.

The ESN squats in the dirt and rocks back and forth. John and Beckett notice that blood has started to flow from his eyes and nose. He mumbles incoherently.

Big E might or might not have had an impact on the caravan crew getting things packed up and ready to roll in less than ten minutes. His observations don't extend too much beyond the camp area, in that context though, everything is clear. The path out of this little camp site is obvious, to everyone, but easy and quick. Now, however, this mundane business aside, the implications of this incursion are fairly dramatic. Something, this deevil, is raising an army. A creature from another dimension has travelled here to raise an army. Raising some interesting questions about why?

Walcott listens to Rocky, John and Beckett. Her people are already packing up under the line walker's harsh words. She agrees with the assessment and gives final words to the trail boss to move out. "I'd like to just keep pushing on through the night, get as much distance from these savages as possible," Walcott says to the group. Addressing Beckett directly, "Provide my trail boss with the route info she needs. I think we all agree it's time to move." She looks at Rocky, "I leave the the fate of the prisoner to you."

But when they glance over at the creature he's no longer kneeling but slumped over. Listening to his mumbling, it's possible to make out a few words, "abandon me", "please I am loyal," and the like.

The psychic connection is fuzzy and some what jarring when Freeman finally response. "Uhhh...uh, who?" then there's a second and things clear up, "Uh, Sam, right, sorry." When she's explained, he responds, "Thank you for the information. I will" there's a pause. The Freeman picks back up, "I will do what I can. Honestly though, what I can do now is not what I able to do in the past. There is talk of a hellpit growing in this area." The way he says that last part gives Sam the distinct impression that he's not far away.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    A seriously paralyzed ESN



GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:20 am

Perception: 40%1d100 = 69
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16
JIC d100: 1d100 = 67

Rocky talks to those on the barge as he mans one of the guns on the barge before the group takes off. “John or Ersnt man the pilot house and gun close to the pilot house. We need you two to keep the barge moving, ramming those try to attack the convoy is great. We should have the speed advantage. You two are looking for the magic user and any leader. Call them out to the other, those guys get taken down when we see them. The others will man the guns. Yes I know we are shorthanded, but we fight on one side then shift to the other if need be. Any Question?!”

OOC Comments
V-81 Volcano Mark I Plasma Discharger
• Range: 4,000' (concentrated)/2,000' (wide)
• Damage: Two settings: 1D6x10 M.D. (concentrated), 4D6 M.D. (wide), 2D6x10 M.D. to a 30' length of wall or starship hull.
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only
• Payload: Hooked to the barge power supply
*Gunner Plates (6) - 50 each Armored plating for individually armed gunners to stand behind and fire. Opponents are -3 to strike the gunners, misses deplete the plate armor first.

Barge
**Main Body- 250
***Force Field - 60 (double on a ley line)


Rocky continues, “The guns have a great range, so use it. Then when they get closer go for the wide and take down groups. Keep personal weapons ready, they might get a few on board."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Perception:1d100 = 40 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 99
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


Rocky wrote:“John or Ersnt man the pilot house and gun close to the pilot house. We need you two to keep the barge moving, ramming those try to attack the convoy is great. We should have the speed advantage. You two are looking for the magic user and any leader. Call them out to the other, those guys get taken down when we see them. The others will man the guns. Yes I know we are shorthanded, but we fight on one side then shift to the other if need be. Any Question?! The guns have a great range, so use it. Then when they get closer go for the wide and take down groups. Keep personal weapons ready, they might get a few on board."



Rocky gives his orders, letting everyone know his intentions. Ernstweavel listens intently, while trying to remember the tactics. When Rocky finishes, Ernstweavel speaks up, as to reiterate what Rock just said. ”I’ll man the other gun. Single shot for range, wide for close quarters, shifting sides when needed?! Got it.” Ernstweavel looks and points to the mounted guns. Barring no other directions from any of the other members, he moves and positions himself at one of the unmanned guns.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

PreviousNext

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest