Adventure 5: Different Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:04 am

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 2153, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

TRUCK DRIVIN' MAN
The vehicles break free, a state change from still to in motion. For the ground based vehicles, it puts the torque of their massive engines to task as they lurch forward and start to slowly pick up speed. The fliers leap into the air seems more graceful, but the energy required is massive as well.

Rocky takes charge, even if not taking the wheel, of the MARS barge. Big E and John follow suit, taking up positions on the floating behemoth. Becket is speaking softly with terms that would make a pirate blush to one of the engine nacelles, gently caressing it with the biggest wrench possible. The barge shudders to life and ponderously lifts off the ground at the tail of the caravan. It's hover ability and speed allow it to take position where ever needed in the caravan.

Walcott's patrol craft stick close to the caravan, the pair spending most of the time a few hundred yards out in front of the lead, searching for passable terrain. The route continues for several miles in a wide gully then opens up into broad grassland, as far as the eye can see. There are intermittent signs of alien life, visible in the night by eerie bioluminescent displays. The plain isn't completely flat, it undulates in gentle slopes. There are sinkholes and broken chasms, the first seem natural, the latter some sort of trauma to the earth leaving yawing pits. There is a slight sulfur smell detectable through the otherwise refreshing scents of the grasses. A lone tree can be spotted here and there, a tall dark shape in the night. The river is also wide and slow here, barely making a murmur in the night.

John's ministrations to the crew is greatly appreciated and benefits the scouts most of all. Being sharp they are able to guide the caravan on a safe course. For a while, at least. From John's position in the Barge, he's reliant on his familiar to be his senses to the wide world. And the bird is indeed eagle-eyed. It tracks the movement of a half dozen simvan on the dinosaur mounts following them for a few miles, but then they break away. From the are, a pattern emerges in the fissures. They seem to be radial in nature and stretch out to the south. A faint glow is emitted from some of them, primarily to the south. The center of the radial pattern would likely be somewhere to the south, as well. Through the bird's eyes, John can see the blue-white glow of ley lines clearly. There are parallel to one about a mile to the north. There seems to be a couple to the south that might converge into a nexus, but too far away to sense the nexus itself. Ahead of them, the next one they will actually cross is probably fifty miles.

Rocky doesn't see much during this leg of the journey. But his sense of the mystic energy registers faint residual amount in the fissures. It's near the bottom, and that's a long way down, just at the end of Rocky's ability to detect the magical radiation.

E doesn't have the same type of ability to detect the mystic energy as Rocky, but his knowledge of ley lines and magic is significant. Even still this sort of thing is unusual. Very unusual.

There's a pause as the caravan has to cross one by one through a narrow gap. The fliers are able to keep a careful watch. In that break Sharak spots something strange. It looks like there's a large humanoid face down on the ground, a large lizard-like humanoid with dragon wings.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    A seriously paralyzed ESN



GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84 / 74%
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 8
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 4 | 1d100 = 32

Pilot: Veritechs -- 1d100 = 65 / 89%
Sensory Equipment -- 1d100 = 97 / 90%
Weapon Systems -- 1d100 = 83 / 95%
Combat Flying (Special)

Conditions:
While Flying the Super Logan - All Combat Maneuver Penalties are reduced by half, plus a +7% to counteract additional penalties. +2 to Dodge.

After the caravan is moving and the engines on the barge are humming, Samantha hops into her jet and takes to the sky. Knowing full well that she is the only powerhouse of a vehicle that this group has at the moment. Daphne, I hope you get back soon. They hired us with the idea that we were a fairly strong Mercenary group, not one at half strength.

"Alfred, keep scanning with your sensors. I don't want to be hit by something we should have seen coming at us." Samantha orders her robot assistant built into her jet. The robot was built and designed specifically for Recon, and with the sensor package from her Phantom shoehorned into the Logan, it was a good match.

"Team, I am spotting some sort of Humanoid laying face down ahead of you. I can't identify it, but it looks fairly lizard like. I'd like to know if any of you have encountered something like it. That is before I go down and see why it's laying down like that." Samantha flips the legs and arms of her Logan in battloid mode, and start to descend in altitude. Nothing too fast, and aggressive, as she circles her way down. Her hands on the control surfaces ready to put power into the engines at a moment's notice.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 20
JIC d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC d100: 1d100 = 46

Rocky maintains his watch. The glow of the Ley line and the deep crevice has him a bit confused. “John, Ernst, any idea about what this is all about?” Rocky waits but points to the deep fissures so the others understand.

"Team, I am spotting some sort of Humanoid laying face down ahead of you. I can't identify it, but it looks fairly lizard like. I'd like to know if any of you have encountered something like it. That is before I go down and see why it's laying down like that."
Samantha

Later when he sees the Dragonman? laying down, He gets suspicious. “Everyone heads up slow down. I think we need to investigate this before moving on? Samm, Do you want me to do the honors?”

Rocky tries to ID the creature
Sense Supernatural Evil
90% 1d100 = 48
Telepathy (4) to sense if the creature is thinking. 40 min
See the Invisible (2) 20 min
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm

((rolls carried over))

"Rocky, take the lead." Samantha radio's back to her man on the ground. "Take Ernst with you if you decide you need to go in on foot. He can help if you need some magical muscle."

"Alfred, do an extensive scan at one hundred meters out and another scan at five hundred meters out." Samantha orders her robot companion.

Alfred's Skill Rolls:
Perception - 1d100 = 32 / 90%
JiC d20 | d100 - 1d20 = 4 | 1d100 = 44
Surveillance - 1d100 = 20 / 98%
Read Sensory Equipment - 1d100 = 93 / 98%
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Rocky replies to Samm, "Samm I got it. Ernst you got my six."

Rocky gets his weapon ready, he chooses his Thunder Gun.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

John casts the Compulsion on ESN, points south-south-east, and says, "Walk that way until you reach the ocean." The charm will break before he ever walks that far (in 48 hours) but he won't be able to interfere with what they need to do.
Beckett wrote:Samantha takes a moment and steps aside as the crew start to talk about plans, and she jumps back in and popping up her faceplate, "I just got word from my contact within the CS. I think he may actually be really close by oddly enough. Apparently he's going to pass on the word, but he's unsure of any support he can get. Apparently there is something called a 'Hellpit' in the area. I'm not sure what that is, but it sounds fairly bad."
"A hellpit is, well, it's a pit.... it's really kind of self explanatory," John says, probably unsatisfactorily. "You were in some kind of military outfit right? Think forward operating base for demons or deevils."

The mage stays near the pilot house on the barge as the caravan gets underway. He keeps an eye on the sensor readouts (Sensory Equipment 70%: 1d100 = 85) and Sharak's senses and tries to stay in the moment but also finds his mind wandering away from his immediate tasks. The gathering of the Simvan tribes, the report of the hell pit, but also the appearance of Odin's familiars and the memories it brought back of his conversation with Balder about his heritage. It felt as if he's adrift through the rapids of events just trying to keep afloat instead of shaping or even just understanding them. It was a strange feeling.

The sense of unease, which wasn't helped by how easily the Simvan gave up their chase, grows with the changes in the terrain. "Remember the hellpit? I think we're getting closer to it."

John searches his memory to try and identify the creature Sharak sees (Lore: Demons & Monsters 102%: 1d100 = 65) and reports to everyone what he knows about it.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 2200, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Excellent


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

Image
"Compliance" Alfred replies to Beckett's request. One portion of the HUD shows the a status bar of the AI's work. After a couple minutes Alfred reports. It isn't terribly interesting for the most part. There's heat in the trench things, then there's just normal prairie stuff. The details on the creature are interesting. Well, one of the details. It's not cold. It's hovering around 85 degrees F. Whatever it is, it's probably not dead, even someone with no medical training knows that bodies are warm.

Rocky closes in on the downed creature. It certainly looks bad. A large, 11ft tall lizard like creature, more dragon like maybe. It's wearing tattered clothing, in appearance more like a surcoat than armor. It's weaponless, but it's massive claws mean it's clearly not defenseless. Physical observations aside, the surprising thing is that it radiates no evil, despite a level of mental activity that maybe is unconscious. It is highly unlikely that it's somehow masking it's nature, Rocky's telepathic link senses nothing but random nightmare thoughts.

The ESN looks quite distressed, but wanders off without complaint. It only takes a few minutes before he's vanished from view.

Through Sharak's eyes and other senses, John is easily able to identify the creature: it's a standard foot soldier version of a Shock Dragon, one of the Deevil's frontline troops. It's very odd to find one not dead. It's even weirder to find one somewhere without a Deevil incursion in the immediate vicinity. They don't stray far.

"Beckett, we got the trucks moving, is it safe to continue?" Walcott asks the MARS leader.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Everyone is so happy!



GM Note:

Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:45 am

Perception:1d100 = 69 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 4
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


When the MARS’ convoy approaches a chasm, that they have to pass in single file and one at a time, Ernstweavel and the rest of the crew are drawn to a mysterious figure laying in the middle of the pathway. A sense of fear and danger comes over him as he looks on. What a perfect place for an ambush. Ernstweavel thinks to himself as her turns around and checks to make sure that their not being herded into a bottleneck.

Rocky wrote:“Everyone heads up slow down. I think we need to investigate this before moving on? Samm, Do you want me to do the honors?”


Beckett wrote:"Rocky, take the lead. Take Ernst with you if you decide you need to go in on foot. He can help if you need some magical muscle."



Rocky wrote:"Samm I got it. Ernst you got my six."


As Beckett and Rocky converse over the radio, Ernstweavel gathers his composure, pick up his staff and follows Rocky. Making his way down off the barage, he tries to remember anything about a draginwidned humanoid. (Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% / 1d100 = 85 with cross referencing Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 55% / 1d100 = 43 and Mythology50% / 1d100 = 11, to be thorough and since their so close to a hell pit.) ” So anyone figured out what we're dealing with? Do we want to question it or is it shoot first then ask questions? Don't worry I got your six, on this. Something feels off about this, just can't say what it is. I got my eyes peeled for anything.”
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 67
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 81

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

"It's called a Shock Dragon. The spawn of dragons that've been mutated by the Lords of Dyval. They aren't usually alone." As he radios the information John takes up a position near the Volcano Plasma gun on the barge, but, not trusting his knowledge of the cannon also sends the barge robot to his quarters to get his rifle. He also sends Sharak through in a low fast pass around the Shock Dragon to see if anything is hiding in the area invisibly. "That one is a Flying Shock Dragon, from the wings, they don't always have wings. The largest ones are called Elite Shock Dragons, they have wings too, but I don't think that one is big enough to be one of those."
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 63
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 40

Conditions
OOC Comments
Telepathy (4) to sense if the creature is thinking.
See the Invisible (2)


Rocky tries to use Telepathic Communications on the Dragonman, “Hey sir you look injured, we are going to try to help you. Don’t fight back. We might be able to fix you up.” “What the hell am I doing?.Time to increase my strength.”

Strength of Mind
OOC Comments
ISP 10(strength is now SN 31 x50=1550 PE 23The psychic gains bonuses of + I0 to P.S., +5 to P.E., and +20 S.D.C. for the duration of this ability. The supernatural strength does not give the psychic the ability to inflict Mega-Damage with punches or kicks, but it does instill the power to lift and carry the same as a supernatural creature


Rocky goes next to the dragon man to nudge or move the dragonman. He moves closer and lifts one wing then tucks it in. He goes to the next and does the same. The next trying to get them in close to the body so he can roll the man over on his face. He gets ready to Ghost if any hostile action he will carry him to the barge. If the creature allows.

“John is there a mind control device or any healing device in our supplies?"
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 2205, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Marginal, it's getting dark


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

IT'S ALIVE
Joan and Big E discuss this creature's history and mythology. Once John gave E the name and identity the line walker was able to pull forth some additional facts. Shock Dragons are pretty far down on the Deevil hierarchy. Even the winged and elite ones are still considered little more than slaves and cannon fodder.

The barge is well within rifle range of the shock dragon when the robot brings John his laser rifle. Sharak flying overhead sees nothing besides the grass moving in within at least half a mile.

Rocky gets a response: uuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhuuuuunnnnnnnhhhhhhhhhhh

When Rocky rolls the shock dragon over, the creatures wounds are revealed. He is covered in vicious burns and deep, jagged gashes. They don't seem to be bleeding, but they are raw and unhealed. Sand, dirt and plant matter are cake in the gory wounds. It's not dead, but it's not healing at all. There are many other wounds, that instead of bloody and raw, are completely withered and try, the scaly skin turned almost as thin and brittle as old paper.

For the three investigating the creature, it sure seems like it has been attacked by something other than technology, and on a scale at least as big as the creature itself.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Everyone is so happy!



GM Note:
  • .
Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 51
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 78

Conditions
OOC Comments
Telepathy (4) to sense if the creature is thinking.
See the Invisible (2)
Strength of Mind ISP 10(strength is now SN 31 x50=1550 PE 23The psychic gains bonuses of + I0 to P.S., +5 to P.E., and +20 S.D.C. for the duration of this ability. The supernatural strength does not give the psychic the ability to inflict Mega-Damage with punches or kicks, but it does instill the power to lift and carry the same as a supernatural creature


Rocky uses the radio, “Top cover this is Recon One, He is in bad shape. Near death. We have a choice to make put him in the barge and try to heal enough to get information about what did this to him or leave him here to die, Your call. As far as the convoy I say keep moving on.”

Rocky is ready to move the Dragonman over to the barge.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:20 am

Perception:1d100 = 58 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 48
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


Rocky wrote:Top cover this is Recon One, He is in bad shape. Near death. We have a choice to make put him in the barge and try to heal enough to get information about what did this to him or leave him here to die, Your call. As far as the convoy I say keep moving on.”


Once Rocky is finished with the radio, Ernstweavel leans over. ”You think bringing that thing onto the barge is a good idea? I mean can we even trust the thing? Do we have a wau to contain it once it's healed? I am not saying we shouldn't, I'm just saying we have end goal we still need to complete.” He voices his concens, the whole time keeping an eye on the beast, ready to react if it becomes hostile in any form.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:15 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

To Ernst, Rocky shrugs his shoulders and says, "Wise? maybe not, but he might know what he ran into and beat the crap of him. Us knowing a head of time is always good. one reason I am asking Samm to make the call."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 18

Samantha listens over the radio, her sensors scanning the horizon. "Rocky, I'm going to trust your judgement and let's move on. The area seems to be fairly dangerous and we are probably best to move out quickly. May Thoar's gods have mercy on it's soul."

Samantha's heart sinks making that call. Knowing full well that she is leaving a creature possibly innocent to die. I just don't know if I am making the right call on this. She thinks to herself. It could tell us something or be another creature of evil... This world makes no sense sometimes and there is no database of what's good or bad, evil or safe.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:55 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 2215, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Marginal, it's getting dark


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

HE SAID, E SAID, SHE SAID
No scan, psychic or magic, detects anything evil about this creature. It is weak and badly injured. If there were a detect good, this guy might pass.

See Aura Results
Level: Medium, Supernatural, Not psychic, Low Base PPE, No Possessing Entity


There's a pause as everyone evaluates the situation and evaluates the dying creature in front of them. After a moment of thought, E realizes there is a spell that causes wounds, non-regenerating wounds, just like this creature has: Desiccate the Supernatural. He has been severely damaged by something like that spell. Some other sort of torment is at work too. This guy obviously came through a dimensional portal or something too. And if John said they don't roam around alone, a larger group means a larger dimensional portal!

A faint darkness lingers on the edge of Rocky's consciousness after he made contact with the creature. Something felt damaged in its psyche.

If Rocky, E and John exchange info, they will realize that this is a probably a renegade who was wounded escaping by whatever the most vile way a Deevil has for hurting one of its own kind. Can it be saved? That's another big big question.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Everyone is so happy!



GM Note:
  • .
Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 50
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 23

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

"I can question it safely, don't need a.... wait, healing device?" Sharak wheels around and makes another pass towards the shock dragon, this time landing on Rocky's shoulder (or Ernst, whoever is closer) and staring intently at the wounded creature. "That's strange. It should regenerate like any other dragon."

We need more information. Maybe it's just scholarly interest, or the sense that they've stepped into a swirling nexus of larger events. "Bring the barge in close," he orders the robot.

"We should load it up and keep going. Something big's going on here and that thing just may know what's what. I don't sense any evil from it, which is odd, like ninety whatever percent of these things have a soul black as night."

When the barge gets close enough John slips the rifle sling over his shoulder and jumps down to get the shock dragon on board.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 77

What? "John, what are you doing?" She radio's over a private channel to the Para-Arcane Specialist. "Why are you bringing this creature on board. We don't have the time, nor the facilities to take care or restrain it."

She alters the direction of the jet into a slow circle around the convoy, setting a target lock on the supernatural creature on the ground.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:42 am

((Rolls Carry Over))

Rocky listens to Samm and John. as he lifts the creature onto the barge so that John can place it down.

Rocky replies over the radio, "The creature doesn't register as evil. Which is unusual for its kind. I also sense the presence of some spell on it that might be causing this wounded creature from recovering."

When done and every one is on board Rocky has the barge continue.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Perception:1d100 = 75 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 86
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


Rocky wrote:"The creature doesn't register as evil. Which is unusual for its kind. I also sense the presence of some spell on it that might be causing this wounded creature from recovering."


”I concur with Rocky. This creatures wounds are inflicted by something magical in nature. We need to keep moving, tho. I don't like the look of this place. We're too exposed.” Ernstweavel tries to sound as smart as he can, when he speaks over the radio. Setting the radio down, he helps loads the creature onto the barge. Afterwards he takes his position back at the deck gun, as the they move forward.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Beckett wrote:What? "John, what are you doing?" She radio's over a private channel to the Para-Arcane Specialist. "Why are you bringing this creature on board. We don't have the time, nor the facilities to take care or restrain it."
John pauses briefly in the loading and mumbles a response which is none the less picked up clearly by his earmic. "Look around, does this look like Kansas to you? You said yourself there was a report of a hellpit in the area. Something has altered this land. We already came across those Simvan tribes in the thrall of a Deevil and now here is one of their host wounded. Did it strike anyone but me as odd that the Simvan gave up their chase so easily? After all that nonsense of the lord of the underworld cleansing the world? Starting with us? Something big's going on here and if we're gonna get these guys safely to Colorado we need to know what it is."

Once the Shock Dragon is loaded John orders the robot to keep going and busies himself with their new 'guest', first charging his Thundergun fully and keeping his sword close. "Hey," he says starting with kindness. "What happened to you?" (Invoke Trust 80%: 1d100 = 78)

Now that he's up close the scholar in him studies the creature closely and tries to come up with a theory of what happened to it.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 102%: 1d100 = 13
Lore: Magic 87%: 1d100 = 30
Recognize Enchantment 72%: 1d100 = 36
Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 77%: 1d100 = 68
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:30 am

((rolls carried over))

Is this how Pieter felt all those times with Thoar. Uppity mages who think they know what's best. Ego's and superiority complexes. I need to say something to them, and make sure we are on the same page. But right now, is not the time. Samantha opens up the comm and addresses her crew, "Mars, get it on board and move out. Rocky, I'm trusting your judgement on the ground. If the creature is actually a menace move it off the barge." Speaking in a more of a command like tone, "Our only goal is to move the caravan out of danger, they are our charges, and we are here to protect them. Even though we may want to investigate any supernatural or danger in the area, we need to put that aside and protect our charges."
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

Rocky hears Samm and keys his mic for a responce, "Recon One copies, Ill make sure we are OK. and I agree we need to move out."
Rocky keeps an eye on the guest and also on the barge movement. "You heard the Boss move out. John and Ernest we need Ideas of how to help our guest , I think if he wakes up, he won't be much of a problem. "
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:09 am

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

”I’m not much of a doctor. All I know is some basic first aid and I know one light heal spell. Other than that, I got nothing. Sorry I can't do much more” Ernstweavel says with a bit of disappointment in his voice. Looking down at the creature to avoid eye contact as he speaks. Taking a moment or two to ponder the situation at hand. Licking his lips and trying to swallow. Dam I'm thirsty. Oh, wait. With that thought, it hits him like two by four to head. ”The spell that I'm thinking of drains the being of all it's water in the body. If we can rehydrate then it's natural healing should kick in but once again I ain't no doctor. Does anybody know how. The only spell I know of is Cure Minor Disorders and unfortunately beyond my knowledge at the moment. If it does work and manages to wake and gives us any grief, I'll be ready. Ok lets move out.” Ernstweavel stands around for a bit to see if his help is needed some more. If no further assistance is need then he will resume his post and keep a lookout for some more suspicious activity.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:43 am

Dessicate the Supernatural, of course. John crouches down next to the Shock Dragon and examines the creature. "I think you're right. As for a cure, a pitcher of water from the kitchen should do fine. Not everything requires a magical solution." He asks either Ernst or Rocky to go get it, wanting to leave the robot to its piloting, and not wanting to leave the Shock Dragon himself in case there is a problem.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:30 am

((Rolls Carry Over))


As the barge gets under way Rocky says, "I'll go get some water." Moments later Rocky comes up with two pitchers of water. (Not a picture of Niagara Falls and the Mississippi River!)As he arrives he announces, "Here you go." He hands the pictures of water to them. "Make sure some goes into the mouth and do it slowly."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 pm

"Thanks," John says and begins to give the Shock Dragon water a little bit at a time, assisting it as necessary but also not allowing it to get up or move around much. "Easy," he says in a reassuring voice (Performance 77%: 1d100 = 77, Invoke Trust 80%: 1d100 = 80), "Take it slow." If he sees the draconid's wounds start to heal he will begin to ask it questions, starting with "What happened to you?" and "What's going on here?" If he needs more water he'll cast Create Water to refill the pitchers now that he has containers to hold it instead of asking Rocky to get more.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:51 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky remembers something else, "Careful John, We might need to seal those wounds, as his body takes in more liquid, it might also find a new exit."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Local Conditions wrote:OUTSIDE FORT COMANCHE
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 22,600
  • Time: 2300, September 14 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 58, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Marginal, it's dark, quarter waxing moon


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

TALL DRINK OF WATER
The crew discusses the pros and cons of helping the shock dragon, and despite Beckett's apprehension they load the creature onto the barge. It doesn't take long to get the creature on board despite his size and weight, there is a lot of power in MARS, even if at first glance they don't look like it.

Sam keeps her eyes peeled for other dangers. The sea of grass they are in is a challenging environment, even with modern sensors. The grasses are tall and constantly in motion, the susurration a constant white noise background. The chasms emit a hot fume and foul nightvision with their bright fiery light. There is a haze in the air diffusing what light the moon provides. There are undulations in the plain, but for the moment nothing higher than a hundred foot rise is visible to the west. There are no breaks in the grass, and only an odd tree here or there. It's only the bright chasms of supernatural origin that disturb the swaying waves. In the darkness, the tips of the grass look like they are on fire when lit by the fiery brightness emanating from below.

So it's really hard to see, somewhat hard to hear, and near impossible to use UV or IR type sensors.

Once the creature is squared away, the barge resumes its path and catches up to the caravan. The caravan is nearby but so far no one has commented on their new passenger. As the barge cruises along, the magic types theorize and discuss the issue at hand, why would a supernatural demon like this not heal?

They arrive at the answer and take action, gathering around the creature once again. As the pitchers of water are drained into the shock dragon, they immediately take effect. The creature doesn't start to regain consciousness until the fourth pitcher, and it's on the fifth that the wounds start to knit back together. Once that process starts, the healing is rapid.

John takes on the role of emissary while E and Rocky are a safe distance away. When the creature starts to moan an its eyes flutter open, John recognizes in its eyes that there is more wrong than just the desiccate spell. He's heard about spells the demons and deevils use that affect the very soul of a creature. He's never witnessed it, and what he has heard described is horrific. There is a "half there" look in this shock dragon's eyes, which is the primary indicator of one of these malicious spells. That combined with his physical condition is a pretty good indicator that this guy was tortured at the most spiritual level. But after a moment, its eyes focus on John's face. It responds to John's caring (real or feigned) voice. It says in a weak growl, "Please..." then passes briefly out of consciousness. Recovering it continues, "Hell pit, war, couldn't...blacker than Dyval's pits..." It mumbles and moves in an out of wakefulness for a few minutes. His fragmented speech indicates that he was part of the dyval force here to combat demons creating the hellpit. The shock dragon claims (in barely coherent snippets) that when he reached Earth and saw a truly living world, he could not participate in its destruction. For that he was tortured by his masters, somehow he resisted and escaped.

The creature's story, the details, the cast of characters, the timing, all of it makes sense and fits with the experiences of the MARS team. Except for Beckett in her ship, the others are interacting with and observing the shock dragon, and everything about it seems above board. Even after regaining consciousness, there isn't even a flicker of evil. It seems to be in immense psychic pain, but there are no hints of insanity. It must be an extremely resilient creature to have survived this long.

As 11pm rolls around, a surprising amount of time has passed in studying the creature. Sam gets a transmission from Walcott, "Beckett, we need to stop for the night, to cool our jets, and our engines. Anywhere close by we can stop?"*

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Everyone is so happy!
    Shock dragon seems to be physically healed.



GM Note:
  • It's pretty much flat and grassy. The river is a mile or so to the south. Ley line proximity is unchanged, a mile away.
Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 am

Perception:1d100 = 65 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 26
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 311 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)


As the shock dragon tries to retell it's story, Ernstweavel does his best to comfort and ease the beast's sense of abandonment. (Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% - 1d100 = 17 ) With the mention of arriving to earth and causing Ernstweavel’s obsession to take control. Doing his best to try and learn whatever he can with it’s origins and mode of travel. Is it from another dimension or just another world? Has he ever meet the Traveler? I doubt it tho. I wonder if it would like a new friend? Do I need a new friend? It would be a good ally. Does it even know the concept of friendship? Will any of the others want to keep it around?

Sometime during the course of the night, Ernstweavel makes it a point to catch the rest of the MARS group when they are all gathered in one place. His voice heavy and deliberate and when he speaks, a look of concern and compassion paint his face. ”So, I have a question for everyone here. Please let me know if I am out of place here. Would anybody object if I were to try and befriend the shock dragon? Would it even be worth the effort? I mean, If it were possible then just think about the possibilities. It would be quite nonplussed to our adversaries. Look at how we reacted when we rolled up on it and it was hurt. Plus it would bolster our ranks. What would it say about MARS? You guys got any ideas or insight as to how to go about doing it?”

Ernstweavel waits patiently for the group to respond. He speaks with confidence but his body language is a different story. Fidgeting with his staff while he keeps adjusting his position in his seat. He looks around once or twice. Acting like he lost something but hasn't said anything to anyone.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 65
JIC d20: 1d20 = 10
JIC d100: 1d100 = 67

After delivering several pitchers of water Rocky is glad that there are signs the Dragonman is on the road to healing. “That is great news, any new allies would be welcome and someone that has possible information on what is going on around here should provide us a better understanding. With that information we might be able to feed other powers in this area information and coordinate something.”

Rocky gets to a time that he can call Samm, “Samm, Recon One here, the patient shows signs of recovery. Like to talk after we settle down for the night.”

Rocky makes sure that people get their assignments for the night camp, “Two people on at all times. We need to keep an eye open I’m sure they will be coming. Need to see how much time they need to cool down the engines, I suggest we move out as soon as it is good to start their engines.”


To Ernest Rocky responds, "Yea I think it would be a good thing if we all befriend him."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 18 | 1d100 = 27

Language: Dragonese/Elven
-- 1d100 = 7 / 85%

This is insane. It , she struggles looking at the display and fields with her Mark 1 Eyeballs. The computer chirps at her, expressing no additional information from what she has ascertained. "I don't care, keep on it. Randomly pick sections and search it in depth if you have to. Keep it up, that's what you do!" She is stern with her robotic assistant in her Logan.

Monotony the ultimate killer, I thought this mission was going to be a milk run. Protect some merchants, make sure they don't get into trouble with locals. Make sure Raga doesn't cause a bar fight, rinse repeat. Her mental tirade is broken up by Walcott's radio message. "Understood, wait one."

Her eyes dart over the landscape, behind a rolling hill.... water... that gives us options. "There is a river about a mile south. We will camp there till morning." Before the group heads toward the river, Samantha flies the Logan into the area to make sure it's safe.

Landing in the clearing she pops open the canopy, pulls out her rifle and takes a look around. When the group arrives she directs the barge to be between the river and the merchants. "John, can you set up another illusion around our camp?"

Samantha let's Rocky set up the night guards and run point on camp protection, she takes a moment to relax and see what was the deal with the Shock Trooper. "It's understandable," she confirms Ernstweavel's point of view. "But I would use friend in the loosest way possible. He's an asset, full of valuable information. If he is more than that, fabulous. But keep it realistic, he has information about what is going on, and we need to know that information. As for insights, we are doing it. We help him out, make him feel safe, and let his guard down. We may need to offer him a chance to go home. But let's not offer that quite yet, as we may not like to send him to a dimension that is at war with us Earth."

When she gets introduced to the Shock Dragon, she speaks to him in Dragonese/Evlen , "I'm Samantha Beckett, leader of MARS a mercenary company. I need to know what happened to you, and what's going on with the landscape around here. There are a bunch of chasms, are they related with the Deevals and Demons?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby John » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:35 pm

Perception 88%: 1d100 = 60
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 5

Conditions: Sustain (11 days), Energy Sphere (29 days, 500 PPE), Near a Nexus (double range/duration/damage of spells & +10 PPE/round)

Rocky wrote:Rocky remembers something else, "Careful John, We might need to seal those wounds, as his body takes in more liquid, it might also find a new exit."
"It'll be fine," John says as he continues giving the Shock Dragon water. When he sees the wounds begin to knit on their own he points that out to Rocky, "See? Watch, it'll happen fast now. A creature like this can go from death's door to good as new in only five or ten minutes."

He lets the Shock Dragon determine the timing, stopping patiently when he looses consciousness or just seems out of it. There are more questions, chiefly, "What's your name?" and "Dyval and Hades both have forces here? Why? What's going on?"

When the caravan stops at the appointed spot John makes sure someone stays with the Shock Dragon and then hops down and sees about securing camp. He sets up two curved illusionary walls to hide the camp from view making it look from the outside like a small and uninteresting hill. He also warns not to start any fires this time. Along with the posted watch he activates his flying drone and orders it to orbit around the camp at a mile range and radio back if it finds any possible threats.

Rejoining the rest of Mars John tosses a out a few metal scraps for Sharak and encourages the bird to settle down for the night then he pulls Rocky out of earshot of the Shock Dragon and says, "Can you do something for him? He seems out of it. Mentally. Whatever they did it was more than physical. It was spiritual."

When it comes to securing camp for the night the demigod calls on his supernatural endurance, enhanced as it is with the Sustain magic, and just stays up all night figuring if worst comes to worst he can take a few cat naps when they get underway in the morning.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rejoining the rest of Mars John tosses a out a few metal scraps for Sharak and encourages the bird to settle down for the night then he pulls Rocky out of earshot of the Shock Dragon and says, "Can you do something for him? He seems out of it. Mentally. Whatever they did it was more than physical. It was spiritual."


Rocky thinks for a second, "There might be something later I can do. I wasn't into healing much as a youngster but something was mentioned at the university, something about curing insanity."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:21 pm

Local Conditions wrote:TESTAMENT
  • Location: Dusty Road
  • Population: 31,500
  • Time: 1930, September 15 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: none, about 10 miles from nearest ley line
  • Weather: 49, clear skies, light wind
  • Visibility: Marginal, it's dark, low quarter waxing moon


https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ngEAgCRsRGg8sMdt0-3cOZeJGCIacJ4z&usp=sharing

I HOPE THAT SOMETHIN' BETTER
Monotony is indeed a deadly enemy. The shock dragon is the only thing happening in the camp that isn't grumbling or maintenance. There wasn't even a hot meal to break things up. The cook set out some coffee on a electric burner and a box of super appealing pemmican nuggets. Yum! Dried fat treats in nugget shape!

During his interview of the shock dragon, John and E learn quite a bit. The creature's story continues to tumble out in fragments. It remains somewhat incoherent. It is difficult for E to piece together, but he does. John has no problem, but that doesn't make the story any more pleasant. The important new facts explain why he is so fucked up. He originally describe his punishment as torture, but as E pried, in and amongst the other ramblings, he learned that this creature not only survived the horrific Rip Soul spell but the retaliatory Soul Twist. John and E know just how evil and destructing those demonic spells are, that the shock dragon is even able to function at all is remarkable.

The shock dragon doesn't have a personal name, but was in the 17th subunit of some deevil lieutenant within an invasion force. He doesn't know why they were sent to Earth specifically, he knows that their enemy was either the demon Lord Zugard or Death. Or both. There was some confusion. They were going to take over the hellpit under construction. He knows nothing about the tortured landscape, and he's not quite at the point of speculation. For the magically inclined or at least aware, the construction of a hellpit could certainly have long ranging effects like that. For Sam, she has now heard hellpit from two very different sources.

To E's detriment, the shock dragon describes several crusades in various dimensions, almost exclusively to demonic dimensions or defensive actions in the Dyval planes. It seems he had no problem at all fighting demons or occasionally even his own kind. In multiple dimensions. In the fractured stories, the interdimensional travel seems totally ordinary, almost banal for the shock dragon.

Sam flies her short patrol. Her long range sensors can still detect the massive simvan population, but they are well east of the proposed campsite and have not moved appreciably. There are some odd wildlife--odd in manyways--roaming around the night. Some of the creatures, and Sam has no other way to describe them but creature, come within a quarter mile of the camp, but no closer. She sees the outline of something big, as in close to her Logan big, swim by in the river, a dorsal fin breaking the surface for just a moment before the dark silhouette disappears into the deep water.

The various forms of reconnoitering by John backup Sam's assessment. His drone nor his many senses detect anything out of the ordinary. This close to a ley line, the blue glow still visible from the camp, he isn't surprised to observe some magical creatures roaming around.

Besides the interest in the interviews, Rocky makes his rounds amongst the caravan getting it set up for the rest period. Everyone seems to be used to Rocky's role here and they follow his directions with only a little bit of complaining. John's additional comments are mostly met with eye-rolls. He doesn't need to use telepathy to understand what they are thinking, dumb mercenaries don't have to tell us our business.

The caravan rests until the first shades of morning are just around the corner. Everyone packs up and gets moving with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency. By the time the morning sun peeks over the horizon, they are already several hours on the trail.

The modern world is unpredictable, that is a certainty. Dangers lurk behind every rise, or in every valley. Who knows what monster is waiting behind that rock or that copse. The sky at times seems filled with threats. It is not just unpredictable, it is downright deadly.

But, sometimes it's not. All day the caravan trundles on, Sam overhead, the barge maintaining its commanding position amongst the other vehicles. The periodic stops to cool engines or charge batteries are pleasant rests for all. The sun shines. There's a gentle breeze. All day. All day.

By late afternoon they start passing through a few rough fences of rickety posts and barbed wire. Then they see the cattle roaming around, horsemen watching them from a distance. Farmsteads then start to appear, with farmers tending to crops or other country chores. Some are human, some are not, the most common dbees are peaceful fennodi who wave with their weird spindly hands. Almost universally, dbee or human, everyone is decked out in a cowboy hat and rugged work clothes.

Passing through the farms they see the the city of Testament, the halfway point to Silvereno. But what is new, for those who've been this way before, like Walcott, is the wall under construction around the heart of the city. It's going up in stages so the construction is visible along the perimeter. The basic wall form looks like a hearty rammed-earth structure. A wood framework is build around that core wall. Then heavy metal plating is attached on the outside of the wall. The interior could potentially be similarly armored. The wall is about twenty-five feet tall. A NG Hunter Mobile Gun is still working with the giant metal plates even as the last light of day fades completely. It still towers over the wall.

As the caravan rolls up to what will shortly be the gate, a pair of guards in full EBA with rifles and a third in mage armor with a contraption that could only be TW, approach the lead vehicle. Walcott moves up in her hover car. As she parks, she radios Sam, "Sam, we should probably have you here too."

When the two women are present the lead guard, not identified differently than the other two, all have "Deputy Marshal" badges on their armor, says, "Welcome to Testament. We're happy to have traders, but we need you to park your caravan in the South Corral." He gestures to the wall. "We're increasing security, there's been a lot of weird stuff. Bad stuff." The second deputy adds, "Everyone's welcome inside, long as they 'bide by the rules, no big guns, no armor."

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:

    Everyone is so happy!
    Shock dragon seems to be physically healed.



GM Note:
  • Everyone has Dragonese, so everyone can understand the shock dragon just fine.
Caravan Makeup
Consider the caravan as having five main cargo vehicles.
  1. 2 x Cargonaut w/ Cargo Module+ APT Cargo Trailer (Vagabond drivers)
  2. Mountaineer + APT Cargo Trailer (Wilderness Scout/Trails Boss)
  3. Mountaineer Chuckwagon + APT Repair Station & Garage Trailer (Operator)
  4. Wolftrack + APT Cargo Trailer (Merc)
  5. Heavily modified Urban Patrol Hovercar (Walcott's personal vehicle)
  6. 2 x Heavy NG Hovercycles (Mercs)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 19
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 77

Rocky knows he pushing the group hard but all seem to understand their lives are on the line. But he keeps reassuring them that it is better that they get to some city than to wander around and honker down in some gully in hopes that the Demons and Deviels can’t find them.

When Rocky sees the sun peaking through he is happy but he doesn’t show it on the outside, “The sun shining through should be great news but we can’t just rest yet must keep everyone alert and focused on getting to a town somewhere before we can really relax.” Later when passing cattle and other humanoids working the field Rock spirits rise. Over the radio he calls out, “We are almost there people just hang in there a few more miles and we should be at a place where we can get a good meal and a good night’s sleep.”


Shortly the city of Testament comes into view. As they get closer they see the town is busy fortifying the town. Rocky has mixed feelings, on one hand he is glad that the people are taking the problems at their doorstep seriously. On the other hand, this tells him that there are problems that might be to big for the local sheriff to handle. They might need some professional help.

Over the radio Rocky responds to Walcott, “Recon One Copies.” Rocky heads to the meeting with the other two. He listens to the Deputy Marshal. Rocky responds, “Names Rocky, Marshal. We just came through the area south of here, glad you are trying to increase your defenses. I think we need to sit down with your people and talk about some things. Like what we saw and where. I think if we can compare information we might be able to help each other. Are there others coming to help you?”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 3

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 23 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 38 / 40%

Laughing Maniacally wrote:Walcott moves up in her hover car. As she parks, she radios Sam, "Sam, we should probably have you here too."

When the two women are present the lead guard, not identified differently than the other two, all have "Deputy Marshal" badges on their armor, says, "Welcome to Testament. We're happy to have traders, but we need you to park your caravan in the South Corral." He gestures to the wall. "We're increasing security, there's been a lot of weird stuff. Bad stuff." The second deputy adds, "Everyone's welcome inside, long as they 'bide by the rules, no big guns, no armor."


The pressure is slightly off Samantha's shoulders as she spots Testament, This leg is almost over. We can rest, trade, and prepare for the next leg. Her hands start to go over the sensor controls, "Alfred, start taking some passive scans of the area. I don't want you triggering any of their defenses, but we need to see what's out around their borders."

When Walcott requests Sam's presence, "Copy, be there in five mikes. Over." Flipping some switches and dials, she looks at the area the convoy is in, and takes her Logan down to the landing pad on the barge.

Walking out with Walcott, Samantha is wearing her full set of armor, and rifle over her shoulder. As she walks towards the guards, she scans how much work they have been putting into the security. She talks low to Walcott, "How long do we want to stay here? Three nights? Give us enough time to do repairs, refuel, and some trading?"

When they get up to the guards Sam puts forward her hand in an offer of friendship, "Samantha Beckett, leader of MARS, security for this convoy from MercTown. We are looking for shelter and to trade." As the guard tells them where they can park the convoy and the requirements to enter the city. "Understood, we will move our convoy to the corral. I'll make sure to order my folks not to bring in long arms and armor when they go into the city. We plan on staying for a [insert number of nights that Samantha and Walcott agree upon] nights. I'd also like to have our head of security spend some time with your head of security. Share some intel on what we found on our way here, and what to expect to our next stop." As she says head of security, she gestures to Rocky.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Perception:1d100 = 60 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 62
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (10 days), Energy Sphere (28 days, 311 PPE)


Beckett wrote:Samantha Beckett, leader of MARS, security for this convoy from MercTown. We are looking for shelter and to trade." As the guard tells them where they can park the convoy and the requirements to enter the city. "Understood, we will move our convoy to the corral. I'll make sure to order my folks not to bring in long arms and armor when they go into the city. We plan on staying for a [insert number of nights that Samantha and Walcott agree upon] nights. I'd also like to have our head of security spend some time with your head of security. Share some intel on what we found on our way here, and what to expect to our next stop." As she says head of security, she gestures to Rocky.


Increasing security?! Must be from the hells pit and all the demonic activity. I think Rocky is correct. We going to need more help if we want to try and contain this situation. Looks like Beckett and Rocky the local marshal all squared up. Maybe I should go.into town and look for some more magical approach to table.

Ernstweavel allows Beckett and Rocky to do all the introductions when the approach the guards. He makes his presence known but stays in the background. After greetings and formalities have been taken care of, Ernstweavel helps the crew to the south corral. Making sure the vehicles and crew are taken care of before gathering backup with the rest of MARS.

”Since everything is secure and in its proper place, I was going to head off into town and see if I can drum some local intel from my fellow colleagues. If anyone wants to come along or have any better ideas I would be glad to hear them. Given the recent events, I would suggest the John stays with the vehicles and our new found friend, just in case anything awry should come up.”

Ernstweavel will wait for a response before heading of to the magic quarter of the town. Making a stop to pick up his staff before leaving. On his way there, he will looks for things that might be out of place, odd or even being followed. (I.D. Undercover Agent 34% / 1d100 = 52, Anthropology 55% / 1d100 = 66)
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky mentions to John and Ernest, "I think one of you should stay with our guest. You can trade turns I don't care who goes first. Yes, going to the magic area would be good. Make sure you get information on what they know, but try to get something to help our friend there too."

With that Rocky gets with their people and gives them the latest information on what they encountered out there he keeps hushed about the Dragonman for several reasons. First the people might be leary of them carrying a demonic looking dragon, Second, he doesn't want word to get out about the Dragonman, there might be spies in this town. finally, he thinks it is none of their business. about who he has saved.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 84%1d100 = 72
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS


Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest